Summary: Abnormal passage communicating with the STOMACH.
- Cennamo A, Falsetto A, De Pascale V, Gallo G, Della Corte M. A rare gastric ulcer complication: the gastrocolic fistula. A case report. Chir Ital. 2001;53:869-72 pubmed..Careful attention to the symptoms of peptic ulcer and particular care with patients undergoing long-term treatments with drugs potentially harmful for the stomach are recommended. ..
- Farjah F, Komanapalli C, Shen I, Sukumar M. Gastropericardial fistula and Candida kruzei pericarditis following laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication (gastropericardial fistula). Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2005;53:365-7 pubmed..The patient was treated with amphotericin and remains symptom-free 10 months after her operation. We recommend both sternotomy and midline abdominal incisions to explore and access the pericardium, stomach, esophagus, and diaphragm. ..
- Wang C, Leung S, Wang J, Yu P, Wang C. Delayed spontaneous hepatogastric fistula formation following transcatheter arterial embolisation and radiotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma. Br J Radiol. 2009;82:e105-7 pubmed publisher..Patients with risk factors, including liver cirrhosis and large lesions close to the adjacent gastrointestinal tract, are especially vulnerable. Gas formation within a necrotic liver tumour requires immediate drainage. ..
- Janik T, Hendrickson R, Janik J, Landholm A. Analysis of factors affecting the spontaneous closure of a gastrocutaneous fistula. J Pediatr Surg. 2004;39:1197-9 pubmed..05). None of the other parameters studied showed any conclusive correlation with persistence of a GCF. Time was the only factor that determined whether a surgically created GCF would persist after removal of a gastrostomy appliance. ..
- Pramesh C, Sharma S, Saklani A, Sanghvi B. Broncho-gastric fistula complicating transthoracic esophagectomy. Dis Esophagus. 2001;14:271-3 pubmed..A broncho-gastric fistula is a very rare complication of transthoracic esophagectomy and has been reported anecdotally in the ..
- Virlos I, Asimakopoulos G, Forrester Wood C. Gastropleural fistula originating from the lesser curve: a recognised complication, an uncommon pathway of communication. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2001;49:308-9 pubmed..This report emphasises that gastropleural fistulas, although uncommon, should be considered in differential diagnoses of thoracic empyema, especially when there is a longstanding history of peptic ulceration...
- Tominaga K, Saigusa Y, Ito S, Hirahata K, Nemoto Y, Maetani I. Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy with the aid of a colonoscope to avoid gastrocolic fistula formation. Endoscopy. 2007;39 Suppl 1:E112-3 pubmed
- Gonzalez Ojeda A, Avalos González J, Muciño Hernández M, López Ortega A, Fuentes Orozco C, Sánchez Hochoa M, et al. Fibrin glue as adjuvant treatment for gastrocutaneous fistula after gastrostomy tube removal. Endoscopy. 2004;36:337-41 pubmed..36 days, respectively. Endoscopic guidance allows direct instillation of fibrin glue via the external opening through the whole fistulous tract. This procedure reduces the time required for the closure of gastrocutaneous fistulas. ..
- Sihvo E, Räsänen J, Hynninen M, Rantanen T, Salo J. Gastropericardial fistula, purulent pericarditis, and cardiac tamponade after laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006;81:356-8 pubmed..The patient was successfully managed through a thoracotomy by open drainage of the pericardium, excision and closure of the fistula, and an omentum flap...
- Falco A, Orlando D, Sciarra R, Sergiacomo L. A case of biliary gastric fistula following percutaneous radiofrequency thermal ablation of hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:804-5 pubmed..Here we describe for the first time a case of biliary gastric fistula occurred in a 66-year old man with a Child's class A alcoholic liver cirrhosis as a complication of RFA of a ..
- El Rifai N, Michaud L, Mention K, Guimber D, Caldari D, Turck D, et al. Persistence of gastrocutaneous fistula after removal of gastrostomy tubes in children: prevalence and associated factors. Endoscopy. 2004;36:700-4 pubmed..Persistent gastrocutaneous fistula is common after removal of gastrostomy tubes in children. Surgical closure should be considered when a gastrostomy has not closed spontaneously 1 month after removal of the gastrostomy tube. ..
- Brega Massone P, Infante M, Valente M, Conti B, Carboni U, Cataldo I. Gastrobronchial fistula repair followed by esophageal leak--rescue by transesophageal drainage of the pleural cavity. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2002;50:113-6 pubmed..Transesophageal drainage was positioned endoscopically through the suture-line defect and led to closure of the leak after 10 days. ..
- Gould J, Garren M, Starling J. Lessons learned from the first 100 cases in a new minimally invasive bariatric surgery program. Obes Surg. 2004;14:618-25 pubmed..Review and analysis of specific complications may help to minimize the occurrence of similar subsequent complications. ..
- Song S, Lee H, Kim M, Lee J, Kim J, Zo J. Repair of gastrotracheal fistula with a pedicled pericardial flap after Ivor Lewis esophagogastrectomy for esophageal cancer. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2006;132:716-7 pubmed
- Devbhandari M, Jain R, Galloway S, Krysiak P. Benign gastro-bronchial fistula - an uncommon complication of esophagectomy: case report. BMC Surg. 2005;5:16 pubmed..Surgical resection and direct closure is the treatment of choice, although the method of treatment should be tailored according to the anatomy of the fistula and the patient's condition. ..
- Chinnaiyan K, Ali M, Gunaratnam N. Gastric cancer presenting as gastropericardial fistula in a patient with familial adenomatous polyposis syndrome. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2004;38:298 pubmed
- Bastid C, Sahel J. Use of the curved linear-array echo endoscope to identify gastrorenal shunts in patients with gastric fundal varices. Endoscopy. 2005;37:398; author reply 399 pubmed
- Fan C, Ren J, Wang X, Li J. Refeeding syndrome in patients with gastrointestinal fistula. Nutrition. 2004;20:346-50 pubmed..3) Supplementation with electrolytes (including especially phosphate) and vitamins is the focal point of the treatment of this syndrome. 4) Growth hormone treatment may aggravate hypophosphatemia. ..
- Gnecchi M, Bella G, Pino A, Staltari I, Di Leo N, Polli N, et al. Usefulness of x-ray in the detection of complications and side effects after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy. Obes Surg. 2013;23:456-9 pubmed publisher..x-ray examination detected one case of suture leakage 1 day after surgery as well as one abscess and one gastric fistula in two patients who had become symptomatic 9 and 10 days after surgery...
- Hatemi I, Hatemi G, Erzin Y, Celik A. Double pylorus in a patient with BehÃ§et's syndrome. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015;33:S138-40 pubmed..The possibility of peptic ulcer disease related to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug use or BehÃ§et's syndrome itself, as the cause of this rare condition in this patient is discussed. ..
- Akhras J, Tobi M, Zagnoon A. Endoscopic fibrin sealant injection with application of hemostatic clips: a novel method of closing a refractory gastrocutaneous fistula. Dig Dis Sci. 2005;50:1872-4 pubmed
- Knight W, Ji L, Little J, Cunningham J. Dehydration followed by sham rehydration contributes to reduced neuronal activation in vasopressinergic supraoptic neurons after water deprivation. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2010;299:R1232-40 pubmed publisher..Further, this reflex pathway may include inhibitory interneurons in the PNZ region surrounding the SON. ..
- Tomiyama Y, Ohmoto K, Yoshioka N, Kawase T, Shibata N, Yoshida K, et al. [Pyogenic liver abscess complicated by gastric fistula and bacterial meningitis]. Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi. 2007;104:1512-8 pubmed..After discharge, however, the cystic liver mass increased and a gastric fistula developed...
- Ibis M, Koklu S, Basar O, Ertugrul I, Disibeyaz S, Ulker A. A gastric fistula with a pancreatic mucinous tumor. Dig Dis Sci. 2005;50:2211-3 pubmed
- Bacalbasa N, Stoica C, Balescu I. Multiple Visceral Resections for Synchronous Left and Transverse Colon Adenocarcinoma with Gastrocolic-cutaneous Fistula - Case Report and Literature Review. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2601-2607 pubmed..Both tumors proved to be moderately differentiated colonic adenocarcinomas. At 1-year follow-up the patient remains free of any recurrent disease. ..
- Martinez C, Waisberg J, Palma R, Bromberg S, Castro M, Santos P. Gastric necrosis and perforation as a complication of splenectomy. Case report and related references. Arq Gastroenterol. 2000;37:227-30 pubmed..to splenectomy because of closed abdominal traumatism, who then presented peritonitis and percutaneous gastric fistula in the post-operative period...
- Strobel K, Zippelius A, Hany T. FDG PET/CT imaging of a gastric fistula. Clin Nucl Med. 2007;32:336-7 pubmed
- Flicker M, Lautz D, Thompson C. Endoscopic management of gastrogastric fistulae does not increase complications at bariatric revision surgery. J Gastrointest Surg. 2011;15:1736-42 pubmed publisher..1%). No deaths occurred. Prior attempts at endoscopic fistula closure do not lead to increased surgical complications at the time of surgical revision. ..
- Otsuka N, Igarashi M, Shimodate Y, Nakabayashi K, Asano M, Namiki A. [Anesthetic management of two patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)]. Masui. 2004;53:1279-81 pubmed..Case 2. A 65-year-old woman underwent emergency operation for gastric fistula malfunction. We performed anesthetic management only with epidural anesthesia...
- Pizzirusso F, Gillet J, Fobe D. Isolated spleen metastatic involvement from a colorectal adenocarcinoma complicated with a gastrosplenic fistula. A case report and literature review. Acta Chir Belg. 2004;104:214-6 pubmed..This fistula was, among other things, responsible for bad breath that immediately disappeared postoperatively. At the end of the chemotherapy course, all carcinologic features had also disappeared. ..
- Wirth R. [Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy in geriatrics : Indications, technique and complications]. Z Gerontol Geriatr. 2018;51:237-245 pubmed publisher..gastrostomy (PEG) was introduced in 1979 as aÂ semi-invasive approach for children with the need for aÂ gastric fistula in order to avoid an operative intervention...
- Pop D, Venissac N, Rami L, Mouroux J. Gastropericardial fistula after laparoscopic surgery for gastroesophageal reflux disease. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2007;133:1676-7 pubmed
- Wang Q, Liu Z, Qian Q, Sun Q, Pan D, He Y. Treatment of upper gastrointestinal fistula and leakage with personal stage nutrition support. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:5073-7 pubmed..Upper gastrointestinal fistula and leakage can be treated with personal stage nutrition support which is more beneficial for the post-operation recovery and more economic than surgical operation. ..
- Darrien J, Kasem H. Successful closure of gastrocutaneous fistulas using the Surgisis(®) anal fistula plug. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2014;96:271-4 pubmed publisher..Surgisis(®) anal fistula plugs can be used safely and effectively to close gastrocutaneous fistulas in a minimally invasive manner in patients unfit for surgical intervention. ..
- Brennan S, Connery N, Tobin E, Mooney C, Jones B. Gastrocutaneous fistula as a result of migration of a foreign body in a dog. J Small Anim Pract. 2004;45:304-6 pubmed..Further surgical exploration confirmed a gastrocutaneous fistula. Dissection of the fistula and surgical closure of the stomach, body wall and skin led to resolution of all signs. ..
- Le Corguille M, Levy P, Ponsot P, Sibert A, Hammel P, Ruszniewski P. [Intraductal papillary mucinous tumor with pancreatobiliary and pancreatodigestive fistulae: a case report]. Gastroenterol Clin Biol. 2002;26:1172-4 pubmed..These fistulae were treated endoscopically and radiologically by several metallic stents. ..
- Owada K. Use of a hydrofiber dressing to manage PEG sites. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2005;18:183-4, 186, 188-9 pubmed
- Monge Fresse A, Siriez J, Bricaire F. Spontaneous fistulisation of a liver abscess into the stomach. Neth J Med. 2007;65:456-7 pubmed
- Stefanescu C, Vullierme M, Couvelard A, Bretagnol F, Amouyal P, Maire F, et al. Cystic dystrophy in gastric heterotopic pancreas complicated by intracystic hemorrhage and fistulisation in the stomach - a pediatric case. Gastroenterol Clin Biol. 2008;32:645-8 pubmed publisher..Although the surgical approach is not systematic, it is recommended when cystic dystrophy is symptomatic (e.g., occlusion or hemorrhage). ..
- Takebayashi T, Okushiba S, Ohno K, Ito K, Sato K, Morikawa T, et al. Peptic ulcer-induced acute aortogastric fistula occurring 7 years after a pharyngogastrostomy following a resection for carcinoma of the esophagus: report of a case. Surg Today. 2004;34:777-9 pubmed..However, on the 18th postoperative day, she developed massive hematemesis due to rupture of an infected pseudoaneurysm in the thoracic aorta and died. ..
- Molina Navarro C, Hosking S, Hayward S, Flowerdew A. Gastroaortic fistula as an early complication of esophagectomy. Ann Thorac Surg. 2001;72:1783-8 pubmed..Only 1 patient in this series survived. Awareness is necessary to allow prompt diagnosis and treatment of this almost invariably lethal but curable condition. ..
- Ruiz Ruiz J, Rando Muñoz J, Salvá Villar P, Lamarca Hurtado J, Sánchez Molinero M, Sanjurgo Molezun E, et al. [Gastrocolocutaneous fistula: an uncommon complication of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy]. Nutr Hosp. 2012;27:306-9 pubmed publisher..The diagnostic techniques of choice are radiologic tests such as CT scan and contrast media administration through the tube. Surgical therapy should be reserved to patients with acute peritonitis in order to perform a new gastrostomy. ..
- Schouten van der Velden A, Ruers T, Bonenkamp J. A cardiogastric fistula after gastric tube interposition. A case report and review of literature. J Surg Oncol. 2007;95:79-82 pubmed..A patient is presented with massive hematemesis caused by a fistula between the left cardiac atrium and a gastric tube interposition, which was constructed after esophagectomy for esophageal cancer 3 years earlier. ..
- Himpens J, Verbrugghe A, Cadiere G, Everaerts W, Greve J. Long-term results of laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric bypass: evaluation after 9 years. Obes Surg. 2012;22:1586-93 pubmed publisher..Two patients underwent reversal of their bypass for problems linked to glucose metabolism (one hypoglycemia, one DMII). Patient quality of life was fair. The patient satisfaction remained good in 76 % of the cases. ..
- Jacobsen G, Coker A, Acosta G, Talamini M, Savides T, Horgan S. Initial experience with an innovative endoscopic clipping system. Surg Technol Int. 2012;22:39-43 pubmed..Further experience and longer follow-up are needed to assess its indications as related to defect size and location. ..
- Culafic D, Matejić O, Dukić V, Vukcevic M, Kerkez M. Spontaneous gastrojejunal fistula is a complication of gastric ulcer. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:483-5 pubmed..In summary, this case indicates that persistent symptoms of peptic ulcer disease associated with nutritional disturbances may be caused by gastrojejunal fistula. ..
- Lee D, Hollinger E, Kim A, Holterman M. Persistent hypoglycemia in a child with a gastrocolic fistula--an unexpected presentation of leucine-sensitive hypoglycemia. J Pediatr Surg. 2009;44:E13-6 pubmed publisher..Presented here is an unusual case of a child who was initially diagnosed with postoperative gastrocolic fistula and dumping syndrome as the cause of hypoglycemia but later found to have leucine-hypersensitive hypoglycemia. ..
- Seto Y, Yamada K, Fukuda T, Hosoi N, Takebayashi R, Chin K, et al. Esophageal bypass using a gastric tube and a cardiostomy for malignant esophagorespiratory fistula. Am J Surg. 2007;193:792-3 pubmed..However, all patients were allowed to consume food orally up to the last moment of life. This bypass procedure is simple and safe to perform, and is thus a feasible treatment choice for patients with such fistulas. ..
- Takahashi T, Shimada K, Kobayashi N, Kakita A. Migration of steel-wire coils into the stomach after transcatheter arterial embolization for a bleeding splenic artery pseudoaneurysm: report of a case. Surg Today. 2001;31:458-62 pubmed..By occluding the PSA in this way, the subsequent migration of steel-wire coils into the pseudocyst and stomach might have been prevented in our patient. ..
- Ball J, Sreedharan L, Reddy S, Tan B, Sujendran V. Splenic artery pseudoaneurysm causing delayed gastrointestinal bleeding after gastrocolonic fistula following sleeve gastrectomy. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2017;:e1-e3 pubmed publisherDelayed gastrointestinal bleeding in the context of a gastric fistula is a very rare complication of longitudinal sleeve gastrectomy...
- Cao H, Wang M, Sun L, Ikejima T, Hu Z, Zhao W. Pharmacodynamic comparison of pantoprazole enantiomers: inhibition of acid-related lesions and acid secretion in rats and guinea-pigs. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2005;57:923-7 pubmed..Na had an inhibitory rate of only 24.7% at the same dose. The above results indicate that (-)-PAN.Na is more potent than (+)-PAN.Na at inhibiting acid-related lesions owing to its stronger inhibition of acid secretion. ..