Genomes and Genes
Summary: Presence or formation of GALLSTONES in the GALLBLADDER.
Publications139 found, 100 shown here
- Qiao T, Ma R, Luo X, Feng Y, Wang X, Zheng P, et al. Tiny cystine stones in the gallbladder of a patient with cholecystolithiasis complicating acute cholecystitis: a case report. Eur J Med Res. 2012;17:6 pubmed publisher..In animals, there has been only one report of cystine gallstones in tree shrews, and to our knowledge, this is the first report of cystine gallstones in humans...
- Nishimura A, Shirai Y, Hatakeyama K. Segmental adenomyomatosis of the gallbladder predisposes to cholecystolithiasis. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2004;11:342-7 pubmedThe aim of the present study was to clarify the association between adenomyomatosis of the gallbladder and cholecystolithiasis.
- Reddy P, Muralidharan M, Venkatasubramanian R, Yuvaraja S. Laparoscopic derotation and cholecystectomy for torsion gallbladder. JSLS. 2005;9:238-40 pubmed..Herein, we present a case of gallbladder torsion in a 76-year-old lady who successfully underwent laparoscopic derotation and cholecystectomy...
- Stewart L, Grifiss J, Jarvis G, Way L. Biliary bacterial factors determine the path of gallstone formation. Am J Surg. 2006;192:598-603 pubmed..Bacterial factors that facilitate gallstone formation include beta-glucuronidase (bG), phospholipase (PhL), and slime. The current study sought to determine whether bacterial factors influence the path of gallstone formation...
- Keus F, Ahmed Ali U, Noordergraaf G, Roukema J, Gooszen H, van Laarhoven C. Anaesthesiological considerations in small-incision and laparoscopic cholecystectomy in symptomatic cholecystolithiasis: implications for pulmonary function. A randomized clinical trial. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2007;51:1068-78 pubmed..LC has, by consensus, become the treatment of choice for symptomatic cholecystolithiasis. Small-incision cholecystectomy (SIC), a procedure that does not require a pneumoperitoneum, threatens to ..
- Fujimoto T, Tsuyuguchi T, Sakai Y, Sugiyama H, Miyakawa K, Eto R, et al. Long-term outcome of endoscopic papillotomy for choledocholithiasis with cholecystolithiasis. Dig Endosc. 2010;22:95-100 pubmed publisherTo assess long-term outcome of endoscopic papillotomy alone without subsequent cholecystectomy in patients with choledocholithiasis and cholecystolithiasis.
- Qiao T, Zheng P, Ma R, Luo X, Luo Z. Development of a real-time PCR assay for the detection of Clonorchis sinensis DNA in gallbladder bile and stone samples from patients with cholecystolithiasis. Parasitol Res. 2012;111:1497-503 pubmedHigh prevalence of cholecystolithiasis in parts of East Asia has been postulated to be associated with Clonorchis sinensis infection. This study describes the development of a TaqMan-based real-time PCR assay for the detection of C...
- Csendes A, Csendes P, Burdiles P, Diaz J, Maluenda F, Burgos A. Behavior of the common bile duct diameter before and 12 years after choledochostomy for cholecystolithiasis and choledocholithiasis. A prospective study. J Gastrointest Surg. 2007;11:1294-7 pubmed..The dilated preoperative CBD returns to normal or near normal values in 3/4 of the patients after surgical exploration of the CBD and extraction of the stones. ..
- Terlecka J, Majewski W. [An investigation of the quality of life of female patients operated by laparoscopic or open way for uncomplicated cholecystolithiasis]. Ann Acad Med Stetin. 2007;53:43-52 pubmed..The purpose of the paper was to compare the quality of life of female patients operated for uncomplicated cholecystolithiasis in regional hospitals of Poland...
- Izzo L, Costi U, Adduci M, Gazzanelli S, Casullo A, Kharrub Z, et al. [The colecistectomy in primary sclerosing cholangitis: case report and review of literature]. G Chir. 2005;26:37-9 pubmed..Consideration should be given to performing a cholecystectomy in PSC patients with gallbladder adenomyomas or calculi, even asymptomatic; this happens in approximately 15% of cases. ..
- Portenier D, Grant J, Blackwood H, Pryor A, McMahon R, DeMaria E. Expectant management of the asymptomatic gallbladder at Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2007;3:476-9 pubmed..Waiting until symptoms develop might simplify the operative procedure because of the significant weight loss that should have occurred after RYGB. Using an expectant approach, most patients undergoing RYGB will not require CCY. ..
- Yasui T, Takahata S, Kono H, Nagayoshi Y, Mori Y, Tsutsumi K, et al. Is cholecystectomy necessary after endoscopic treatment of bile duct stones in patients older than 80 years of age?. J Gastroenterol. 2012;47:65-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, it may not be necessary to recommend cholecystectomy after ES for CBDS in very elderly patients. ..
- Hanna S, Barakat O, Watkin S. Cholelithoptysis: an unusual delayed complication of laparoscopic cholecystectomy. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2004;11:190-2 pubmed
- Wallnoefer A, Herrmann K, Beuers U, Zech C, Gourtsoyianni S, Reiser M, et al. [Comparison of 2D and 3D sequences for MRCP. Clinical value of the different techniques]. Radiologe. 2005;45:993-4, 996-1003 pubmed
- Ogura T, Takada H, Okuno M, Kitade H, Matsuura T, Kwon M, et al. Fatty acid composition of plasma, erythrocytes and adipose: their correlations and effects of age and sex. Lipids. 2010;45:137-44 pubmed publisher..The patients with cholesterol cholecystolithiasis showed a significantly lower proportion of eicosapentaenoic acid in plasma and erythrocyte PL than those of ..
- Huang M, Wang W, Wei P, Chen R, Lee W. Minilaparoscopic and laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a comparative study. Arch Surg. 2003;138:1017-23 pubmed..We concluded that there is no reason for the MLC to become the universally accepted mode of treatment for symptomatic gallstones before further improvements are made in the technique and instrumentation. ..
- Purtak J, Kostewicz W, Mularczyk T. [Ten years of experience with laparoscopic cholecystectomy]. Wiad Lek. 2007;60:231-4 pubmed..This technique has gained its permanent place in the treatment of cholecystolithiasis. The purpose of this study is the analysis of the results of the treatment of patients with ..
- Ishikawa T, Yoshida S, Sekido H, Morioka D, Akiyama H, Ichikawa Y, et al. Biliobiliary fistulas manifested by worsening liver function--a case report. Hepatogastroenterology. 2005;52:1092-4 pubmedWe report a case of cholecystolithiasis with biliobiliary fistulas from gallbladder to hepatic ducts, which were manifested by worsening liver dysfunction...
- Takeda K, Sekido H, Sugita M, Tanaka K, Endo I, Togo S, et al. Porcelain gallbladder complicated with pancreas divisum. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2006;13:580-3 pubmed..The porcelain gallbladder resulted from a stone impacted in the neck of the gallbladder. Patients with PD should be followed carefully, because gallstones often accompany PD, and porcelain gallbladder may result, as in this patient. ..
- Sasahira N, Isayama H, Kogure H, Tsujino T, Koike K. Endoscopic management with inside stent for proximal benign biliary stricture after laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Dig Endosc. 2012;24 Suppl 1:59-61 pubmed publisher..Placement of a plastic stent above the papilla (inside stent) is an alternative to the conventional method because of its preventive effect against the dysfunction of the stent in patients with proximal benign biliary stricture. ..
- Barle H, Hållström L, Essen P, Thörne A, McNurlan M, Garlick P, et al. The synthesis rate of albumin decreases during laparoscopic surgery. Clin Physiol Funct Imaging. 2004;24:91-5 pubmed..Female (n = 9) patients scheduled for elective laparoscopic cholecystectomy as a consequence of cholecystolithiasis were investigated...
- Zha Y, Chen X, Luo D, Jin Y. The prevention of major bile duct injures in laparoscopic cholecystectomy: the experience with 13,000 patients in a single center. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2010;20:378-83 pubmed publisher..The incidence of MBDI in our institution is acceptable. We believe the system strategies are effective to avoid MBDI in LC. LC is a safe procedure with an incidence of biliary injury comparable with that for open cholecystectomy...
- Shibao K, Takagi T, Higure A, Yamaguchi K. A newly developed oval-shaped port device (E•Z ACCESS Oval type) for use in reduced port surgery: initial clinical experiences with cholecystectomy. Surg Technol Int. 2013;23:75-9 pubmed..and oval-shaped (LAP PROTECTOR™ Oval type) wound retractors was measured and compared in 5 patients with cholecystolithiasis. Each device was placed through a single 25-mm longitudinal umbilical incision, and the length of trocar ..
- Fukumoto Y, Ikeguchi M, Matsumoto S, Inoue M, Osaki T, Fukuda K, et al. Detection of cancer cells and gene expression of cytokines in the peritoneal cavity in patients with gastric cancer. Gastric Cancer. 2006;9:271-6 pubmed..The gene expression of the cytokines interleukin-2 (IL-2) and IL-10 in peritoneal washings was examined in relation to the presence of cancer cells in the peritoneal cavity in patients with gastric cancer...
- Oancă G, Oancă M, Ghiuru R, Gavrilescu C. [Clinical epidemiologic study of 277 patients with gallstones, treated at the Gastroenterology Unit of the Emergency Hospital of Bacau County, in 2006-2008]. Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi. 2009;113:423-7 pubmed..The purpose of the study was the investigation of gallstones with or without other pathologies, which have a connection with gallbladder diseases. Paraclinical investigations were necessary to monitor the diagnosis and complications. ..
- Tuma J. [CME Ultrasound 2 solution. Pain in right epigastrium with incidental finding?]. Praxis (Bern 1994). 2004;93:2155-7 pubmed
- Buddingh K, Weersma R, Savenije R, van Dam G, Nieuwenhuijs V. Lower rate of major bile duct injury and increased intraoperative management of common bile duct stones after implementation of routine intraoperative cholangiography. J Am Coll Surg. 2011;213:267-74 pubmed publisher..This study aimed to describe the rate of bile duct injury (BDI) and management of common bile duct (CBD) stones before and after implementation of a routine IOC policy...
- Cueto Ramos R, Hernández Guedea M, Pérez Rodríguez E, Reyna Sepúlveda F, Muñoz Maldonado G. [Incidence of bacteria from cultures of bile and gallbladder wall of laparoscopic cholecystectomy patients in the University Hospital "Dr. José Eleuterio González"]. Cir Cir. 2017;85:515-521 pubmed publisher..Bactibilia is a common finding in individuals at high risk or with complicated cholecystolithiasis, however few data prevails about the prevalence of bactibilia in patients operated on for uncomplicated ..
- Roberts Thomson I. The management of bile duct stones. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2004;23:102-6 pubmed..Increased life expectancy and the apparent absence of simple preventative measures indicate that the burden of bile duct stones on health expenditure is likely to increase in many countries. ..
- Reinders J, Gouma D, Heisterkamp J, Tromp E, van Ramshorst B, Boerma D. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is more difficult after a previous endoscopic retrograde cholangiography. HPB (Oxford). 2013;15:230-4 pubmed publisher..study was to assess the complexity of LC after ES compared with standard LC for symptomatic uncomplicated cholecystolithiasis. The study population consisted of two patient cohorts: patients who had undergone a previous ERCP with ES ..
- Strizheletskiĭ V, Cherepanov D, Shmidt E. [Endovideosurgical antireflux operations in combination with cholecystectomy]. Vestn Khir Im I I Grek. 2006;165:28-31 pubmed..Cholecystectomy followed by conservative treatment of GERD was performed in 55 patients. The results of treatment were followed up during 1 and 6 months. ..
- Paluszkiewicz P, Zgrajka W, Saran T, Schabowski J, Piedra J, Fedkiv O, et al. High concentration of kynurenic acid in bile and pancreatic juice. Amino Acids. 2009;37:637-41 pubmed publisher..71 nM in contrast to human bile (832.5 +/- 204.1 and 306.8 +/- 35.2 nM) obtained from patients with cholecystolithiasis and obstructive jaundice, respectively. In pigs, the KYNA levels in bile and pancreatic juice are 1,113...
- Poźniczek M, Wysocki A, Bobrzynski A, Krzywoń J, Kostarczyk W, Budzynski P. Sclerosant therapy as first-line treatment for solitary liver cysts. Dig Surg. 2004;21:452-4 pubmed..Twelve patients had sclerosant treatment with good results at a median (range) follow-up of 35 (6-60) months in 10 patients. Good results were also obtained in 10 of the 12 patients who had fenestration. ..
- Khalfallah M, Dougaz W, Bedoui R, Bouasker I, Chaker Y, Nouira R, et al. Validation of the Lacaine-Huguier predictive score for choledocholithiasis: prospective study of 380 patients. J Visc Surg. 2012;149:e66-72 pubmed publisher..5%. This study confirmed the validity of the Lacaine-Huguier score. When the score is less than 3.5, the surgeon can refrain from performing IOC with a risk of asymptomatic residual CBDS ranging from 0.6% to 4.5%. ..
- Khotchava M, Lashkhi E, Jokhtaberidze T, Shalamberidze I. [CEFTRIAXONE-INDUCED GALLBADDER LITHIASIS IN CASE OF INTENSTINAL BACTERIAL INFECTIONS (CASE REPORTS)]. Georgian Med News. 2016;:72-5 pubmed..Further findings are supposed to be analyzed on a bigger number of the patients. It is necessary to follow up with gall bladder concernments till their absolute resolution. ..
- Swartz D, Felix E. Elective cholecystectomy after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: why should asymptomatic gallstones be treated differently in morbidly obese patients?. Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2005;1:555-60 pubmed..After a 6-month regimen of ursodiol prophylaxis, 14.7% will require subsequent cholecystectomy. Asymptomatic gallstones in the bariatric patient may be safely managed identically to those in the nonobese population. ..
- Aoki Y, Aida J, Kawano Y, Nakamura K, Izumiyama Shimomura N, Ishikawa N, et al. Telomere length of gallbladder epithelium is shortened in patients with congenital biliary dilatation: measurement by quantitative fluorescence in situ hybridization. J Gastroenterol. 2018;53:291-301 pubmed publisher..Resected gallbladders were obtained from 17 patients with CBD, ten patients with cholecystolithiasis without pancreatic juice reflux, and 17 patients with normal gallbladders (controls) (median age of each ..
- Rizzuto A, Fabozzi M, Settembre A, Reggio S, Tartaglia E, Di Saverio S, et al. Intraoperative cholangiography during cholecystectomy in sequential treatment of cholecystocholedocholithiasis: To be, or not to be, that is the question A cohort study. Int J Surg. 2018;53:53-58 pubmed publisherCholedocholithiasis occurs in 10-15% of patients with cholecystolithiasis. Despite the existence of many therapeutic options for the treatment of cholecystocholedocholithiasis, a sequential treatment in which pre-operative ERCP is ..
- Myers J, Fischer G, Sarker S, Shayani V. Gallbladder disease in patients undergoing laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding. Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2005;1:561-3 pubmed..Considering the magnitude of weight loss in our patients, empiric cholecystectomy for all bariatric procedures may merit further investigation. ..
- Gurusamy K, Rossi M, Davidson B. Percutaneous cholecystostomy for high-risk surgical patients with acute calculous cholecystitis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013;:CD007088 pubmed publisher..There is a need for adequately powered randomised clinical trials of low risk of bias on this issue. ..
- Dralle H, Neu J, KÃ¶ckerling F, Klee F, BÃ¼chler M. [Complicated course of a laparoscopic cholecystectomy]. Chirurg. 2015;86:893-6 pubmed publisher..deals with the complicated course of a laparoscopic cholecystectomy in a 45-year-old female patient due to cholecystolithiasis. The patient complained that during the operation an injury to the small intestine occurred, which was only ..
- Hunt J, Asante M, El Hasani S. BMJ should notify doctors whose practice is criticised in interactive case reports. BMJ. 2005;330:364 pubmed
- Kitasato A, Adachi T, Inokuma T, Tajima Y, Kanematsu T, Kuroki T. Laparoscopic middle pancreatectomy under a pancreatic duct-navigation surgery. Hepatogastroenterology. 2012;59:2400-2 pubmed
- Colecchia A, Sandri L, Staniscia T, Vestito A, Capodicasa S, Portincasa P, et al. Gallbladder motility and functional gastrointestinal disorders. Dig Liver Dis. 2003;35 Suppl 3:S30-4 pubmed
- Griniatsos J, Karvounis E, Isla A. Limitations of fluoroscopic intraoperative cholangiography in cases suggestive of choledocholithiasis. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2005;15:312-7 pubmed
- Tagaya N, Kasama K, Suzuki N, Taketsuka S, Horie K, Kubota K. Simultaneous laparoscopic treatment for diseases of the gallbladder, stomach, and colon. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2005;15:169-71 pubmed..He had from no postoperative complications or abdominal symptoms during a 15-month follow-up period. To our knowledge, this is a first successful clinical report of simultaneous laparoscopic treatment of 3 organ disorders. ..
- Koduri S, Guptha S. Abdominal pain and vomiting in an elderly diabetic woman. Postgrad Med J. 2003;79:709 pubmed
- Dolan J, Cook J, Sheppard B. Retained common bile duct stone as a consequence of a fundus-first laparoscopic cholecystectomy. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2005;15:318-21 pubmed..If IOC is considered hazardous, then intraoperative ultrasound should be the modality of choice. ..
- Agadzhanov V, Shulutko A, Kazaryan A. Minilaparotomy for treatment of choledocholithiasis. J Visc Surg. 2013;150:129-35 pubmed publisher..Of these, 193 patients had choledocho/cholecystolithiasis with previous ineffective attempts at endoscopic clearance and 29 patients had choledocho/..
- Uchiyama K, Onishi H, Tani M, Kinoshita H, Ueno M, Yamaue H. Timing of laparoscopic cholecystectomy for acute cholecystitis with cholecystolithiasis. Hepatogastroenterology. 2004;51:346-8 pubmed..The aim of this study is to define the optimal timing for laparoscopic cholecystectomy treated with cholecystolithiasis in patients with acute cholecystitis...
- Völgyi Z, Fischer T, Szenes M, Tüske G, Vattay P, Gasztonyi B. [Laparoscopic endoscopy: a new type of combined technique for select patients]. Orv Hetil. 2010;151:1028-34 pubmed publisherThe authors report a new method which was introduced last year in their unit. In a significant part of cholecystolithiasis, choledocholithiasis also exists...
- Mulholland D, McEntee G, McCormack O, Geoghegan T. Double trouble--duplication of the gallbladder requiring repeat laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Ir Med J. 2012;105:346-7 pubmed..We present a case of gallbladder duplication, where the patient presented with biliary colic, had a straightforward laparoscopic cholecystectomy, and then represented with biliary colic four years later. ..
- Wu A, Li Y, Du L. Relationship between cholecystolithiasis and polypoid gallbladder. J Zhejiang Univ Sci. 2003;4:620-2 pubmedTo study the relationship between cholecystolithiasis and polypoid gallbladder (PLG), 260 patients with polypoid gallbladder were investigated...
- Kordiak J, Bella M, Rysz J, Jabłoński S, Brocki M, Kowalska B, et al. [CD11b and CD62L receptors expression on neutrophils after laparoscopic versus open cholecystectomy]. Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2004;17 Suppl 1:101-4 pubmed..30 postmenopausal females with non-complicated cholecystolithiasis were analysed. Both OC and LC was performed in 15 cases...
- Grönroos J. Mirizzi syndrome: consider endoscopic stone removal. ANZ J Surg. 2007;77:716-7 pubmed
- Daud M, Salomão F, Salomão E, Salomão B. Gastric heterotopia together with squamous metaplasia in the gallbladder. Acta Gastroenterol Latinoam. 2007;37:164-7 pubmed..It appears that laparoscopic cholecystectomy may be unavoidable for patients affected by heterotopic gastric mucosa at the present time and care must be taken when a diagnosis is made based on intraoperative frozen sections. ..
- D Hondt M, Sergeant G, Deylgat B, Devriendt D, Van Rooy F, Vansteenkiste F. Prophylactic cholecystectomy, a mandatory step in morbidly obese patients undergoing laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass?. J Gastrointest Surg. 2011;15:1532-6 pubmed publisher..0%) were diagnosed with cholecystolithiasis. Six hundred twenty-five patients were included, 43(6...
- Wetterslev M, Andersen S, Støvring J. [Bouveret's syndrome - a rare complication in connection with cholecystolithiasis and a variant of gallstone ileus]. Ugeskr Laeger. 2017;179: pubmedBouveret's syndrome is a very rare complication to cholecystolithiasis resulting in gallstone ileus. It is caused by ectopic gallstones in the duodenum due to a bilioenteric fistula...
- Nissen N, Korman J, Kleisli T, Magliato K. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in a patient with a biventricular cardiac assist device. JSLS. 2005;9:481-4 pubmed..The unique aspects of the biventricular assist device patient make laparoscopic abdominal intervention particularly suitable in this patient population. ..
- Morentin B, B Aguilera -, Portugal V, Suarez Mier M, Arnaiz J. [Non traumatic fatal bile pulmonary embolism following lithiasic cholecystitis]. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2007;99:733-4 pubmed
- Sandu C, Toma M. [Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in a patient with situs inversus totalis]. Chirurgia (Bucur). 2010;105:705-7 pubmed..The conclusion is that in this patients, laparoscopic cholecystectomy may be performed safely by a surgeon with experience in laparoscopy and classic biliary surgery. ..
- Tsutsumi N, Tomikawa M, Uemura M, Akahoshi T, Nagao Y, Konishi K, et al. Image-guided laparoscopic surgery in an open MRI operating theater. Surg Endosc. 2013;27:2178-84 pubmed publisher..Laparoscopic surgery with our real-time augmented reality navigation system in the open MRI operating theater is a feasible option. ..
- Tazuma S, Unno M, Igarashi Y, Inui K, Uchiyama K, Kai M, et al. Evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for cholelithiasis 2016. J Gastroenterol. 2017;52:276-300 pubmed publisher..Following description of the diagnosis performed stepwise through imaging modalities, treatments of cholecystolithiasis, choledocholithiasis, and hepatolithiasis are introduced along with a flowchart...
- Nowak A, Kohut M, Nowakowska Duława E, Romanczyk T, Graniewski J. Acute biliary pancreatitis in a 9-year-old child treated with endoscopic sphincterotomy. Dig Liver Dis. 2003;35:656-9 pubmed..She was treated with endoscopic sphincterotomy without complications. The disease resolved rapidly and uneventfully after the endoscopic treatment. ..
- Makary M, Duncan M, Harmon J, Freeswick P, Bender J, Bohlman M, et al. The role of magnetic resonance cholangiography in the management of patients with gallstone pancreatitis. Ann Surg. 2005;241:119-24 pubmed..MRC is an effective noninvasive screening tool for CBD stones, appropriately selecting candidates for preoperative ERCP and sparing others the need for an endoscopic procedure with its associated complications. ..
- Bat ianova E, Dzizinskiĭ A, Kulikov L, Il in V, Bat ianov I. [Cardiac arrhythmias during an elective cholecystectomy]. Klin Med (Mosk). 2005;83:27-30 pubmed..Additional predictors of dangerous CA associated with surgical treatment of CCC, were presence of sinus tachycardia, bradycardia, ciliary arrhythmia, changes in the variability of heart rate, and preoperative heart enlargement. ..
- Fraenkel E, Takács R, Hamvas J, Lengyel G, Feher J. [Common occurrence of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and cholecystolithiasis]. Orv Hetil. 2007;148:793-8 pubmed..It is known that among patients with cholecystolithiasis and diabetes mellitus in their anamnesis complications of cholecystolithiasis occur much more frequently ..
- Garciavilla P, Alvarez J, Uzqueda G. Diagnosis and laparoscopic approach to gallbladder torsion and cholelithiasis. JSLS. 2010;14:147-51 pubmed publisher..The treatment for this condition consists of surgical detorsion and cholecystectomy. Gallbladder torsion is a very rare entity and should be suspected when these clinical findings are present. ..
- Jazrawi R. Measurement of gallbladder motor functions: an overview. Dig Liver Dis. 2003;35 Suppl 3:S51-5 pubmed..Postprandial refilling and turnover of bile are important parameters that need to be assessed when addressing gallbladder motor function and its role in the pathogenesis of cholesterol gallstone disease. ..
- Xu L, Zou S. A clinicopathological analysis in unsuspected gallbladder carcinoma: a report of 23 cases. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:1857-60; discussion 1860-1 pubmed..The proportion of UGC coexisting with cholecystolithiasis was significantly higher than that of PDGC (chi(2) = 13.53, P < 0.01)...
- Tangjaroen S, Watanapa P. Mini-cholecystectomy under local anaesthesia. Asian J Surg. 2007;30:235-8 pubmed..MC under local anaesthesia is an effective surgical procedure for patients with BMI of less than 24, who have no evidence of acute inflammation of the gallbladder and no previous upper abdominal surgery. ..
- Agrawal S, Battula N, Barraclough L, Durkin D, Cheruvu C. Early laparoscopic cholecystectomy service provision is feasible and safe in the current UK National Health Service. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2009;91:660-4 pubmed publisher..This can lead to significant cost savings and reduce re-admissions with gallstone-related complications. ..
- Keus F, Wetterslev J, Gluud C, Gooszen H, van Laarhoven C. Trial sequential analyses of meta-analyses of complications in laparoscopic vs. small-incision cholecystectomy: more randomized patients are needed. J Clin Epidemiol. 2010;63:246-56 pubmed publisher..Our results provide incentives to conduct a new trial with a low risk of bias focusing on a new composite outcome measure of SAEs to obtain conclusive evidence on which operative method to recommend. ..
- Mozharovskiy V, Misharin V, Tsyganov A, Mozharovskiy K. [Single-port cholecystectomy - pros and cons]. Khirurgiia (Mosk). 2016;:50-54 pubmed publisher..sils ???????? ??????????? ????????????? ??????????????? ????????????????? ???????????????, ???? ?????? ????????????? ?????? ??? ?????? ?????? ?????????????????? ???????? ???????? ? ???????????? ??????????? ????????????. ..
- Welzel T, Mellemkjaer L, Gloria G, Sakoda L, Hsing A, El Ghormli L, et al. Risk factors for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma in a low-risk population: a nationwide case-control study. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:638-41 pubmed..3, 95% CI = 2.3-17.5), choledocholithiasis (OR = 23.97, 95% CI = 2.9-198.9), cholecystolithiasis (OR = 4.0, 95% CI = 2.0-7.99), though gallbladder removal did not change risk (OR = 1.6, 95% CI = 0.65-3.7)...
- Lakyová L, Radonak J, Vajo J, Toncr I, Kudlac M. [Biliary ileus--a rare complication of cholecystolithiasis]. Rozhl Chir. 2007;86:526-32 pubmed..This complication of cholecystolithiasis caused by the stone fistulation into gastrointestinal tract and its subsequent obstruction occurs mostly in ..
- Bodzioch S, Ogiela M. New approach to gallbladder ultrasonic images analysis and lesions recognition. Comput Med Imaging Graph. 2009;33:154-70 pubmed publisher..This paper discusses the pattern analysis algorithms for gallbladder image interpretation towards classification of the most frequent illness symptoms of this organ. ..
- Kalaitzakis E, Sadik R, Doig L, Meenan J. Defining the lymph node burden in a Northern European population without malignancy: the potential effect of geography in determining a need for FNA?. Dis Esophagus. 2009;22:409-17 pubmed publisher..5 cm or less, have oval shape, centrally echogenic pattern, and indistinct borders. The characterization of the background lymph node burden may improve the selection of lymph nodes for fine needle aspiration. ..
- Tao L, He X, Qu Q, Cai L, Liu W, Zhou L, et al. Risk factors for intrahepatic and extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: a case-control study in China. Liver Int. 2010;30:215-21 pubmed publisher..1 (95% CI: 7.5-44.0) and 3.6 (95% CI: 1.7-7.6) respectively. Diabetes mellitus (P=0.007), cholecystolithiasis (P=0.004) and previous cholecystectomy (P<0.001) were significantly associated with ECC...
- Xin Y, Hong D, Cai X, Mou Y, Li L, Wang G, et al. [Comparison of laparoscopic cholecystectomy combined with intraoperative endoscopic sphincterotomy and combined with laparoscopic common bile duct exploration in treatment of: cholelithiasis and calculus of common bile duct]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2007;87:2703-5 pubmed..LC-IOEST and LC-LCBDE are both effective minimally invasive treatments for cholelithiasis and calculus of common bile duct. ..
- Ota A, Kano N, Kusanagi H, Yamada S, Garg A. Techniques for difficult cases of laparoscopic cholecystectomy. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2003;10:172-5 pubmed..When performing the LC, one must have a low threshold for converting to open surgery if injuries cannot be managed safely...
- Ebner S, Rechner J, Beller S, Erhart K, Riegler F, Szinicz G. Laparoscopic management of common bile duct stones. Surg Endosc. 2004;18:762-5 pubmedWhile laparoscopic cholecystectomy is widely accepted for therapy of cholecystolithiasis, controversy still exists concerning the management of common bile duct stones...
- Yeh C, Chen M, Jan Y. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for 58 end stage renal disease patients. Surg Endosc. 2005;19:915-8 pubmed..However, no information has been reported on such patients, so this study aimed to assess the safety of LC in ESRD patients...
- Piruzian G. [The functional condition of the cardiovascular system and adaptation abilities in patients with calculous cholecystitis]. Klin Med (Mosk). 2005;83:38-42 pubmed
- Mosimann F. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy has become the new gold standard for the management of symptomatic gallbladder stones. Hepatogastroenterology. 2006;53:1 p preceding I; author reply 1 p preceding I pubmed
- Ibrahim S, Hean T, Ho L, Ravintharan T, Chye T, Chee C. Risk factors for conversion to open surgery in patients undergoing laparoscopic cholecystectomy. World J Surg. 2006;30:1698-704 pubmed..Conversion to open cholecystectomy is necessary in some patients for any of a number of factors. Identifying these factors will help the patient, the surgeon, and the hospital...
- Candela G, Varriale S, Napolitano S, Di Libero L, Manetta F, Sciascia V, et al. [Diagnosis and treatment of gallbladder and common bile duct stones: our experience]. Minerva Chir. 2007;62:167-72 pubmed
- Markogiannakis H, Skalistira M, Georgiou L, Louizos A, Leandros E. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for cholelithiasis in a patient with myotonic dystrophy. JSLS. 2009;13:276-8 pubmed..Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is feasible and safe in patients with DM but requires individual multidisciplinary perioperative management...
- Molina Linde J, Lacalle Remigio J, Villegas Portero R, Diaz Gomez D, Gómez Bujedo L, Parra Membrives P. Assessing the appropriate use of laparoscopic surgery for hepatobiliary diseases. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2009;16:844-9 pubmed publisher..The aim of the present study was to develop standards for the appropriate use of laparoscopic surgery in patients with choledocholithiasis or cholelithiasis...