gamete intrafallopian transfer
Summary: A technique that came into use in the mid-1980's for assisted conception in infertile women with normal fallopian tubes. The protocol consists of hormonal stimulation of the ovaries, followed by laparoscopic follicular aspiration of oocytes, and then the transfer of sperm and oocytes by catheterization into the fallopian tubes.
Publications148 found, 100 shown here
- Increased risk of preterm birth in singleton pregnancies resulting from in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer or gamete intrafallopian transfer: a meta-analysisPeter G McGovern
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey 07101 1709, USA
Fertil Steril 82:1514-20. 2004..To perform a systematic review of the literature to determine whether singleton pregnancies resulting from IVF-ET/GIFT are at higher risk for preterm birth (<37 weeks)...
- A prospective study of stress among women undergoing in vitro fertilization or gamete intrafallopian transferH Klonoff-Cohen
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Division of Epidemiology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0607, USA
Fertil Steril 76:675-87. 2001To evaluate whether baseline or procedural stress during in vitro fertilization (IVF) or gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) affects pregnancy or live birth delivery rates.
- Multiple-sited (heterotopic) pregnancy after in vitro fertilization and gamete intrafallopian transferD Molloy
Queensland Fertility Group, Watkins Medical Centre, Brisbane, Australia
Fertil Steril 53:1068-71. 1990..Individual cases may occur after in vitro fertilization (IVF) or gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT)...
- Can a single, early quantitative human chorionic gonadotropin measurement in an in vitro fertilization-gamete intrafallopian transfer program predict pregnancy outcome?J S Heiner
University of California Los Angeles UCLA, School of Medicine
Fertil Steril 58:373-7. 1992To assess the predictive value of a single serum human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) measurement obtained on day 14, 15, or 16 after transfer in in vitro fertilization or gamete intrafallopian transfer pregnancies.
- The routine use of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists prior to in vitro fertilization and gamete intrafallopian transfer: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsE G Hughes
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Fertil Steril 58:888-96. 1992To assess the efficacy of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists (GnRH-a) used in ovulation induction for in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer (IVF-ET) and gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT).
- Comparison between swim-up and glass wool column filtration of human semen in a gamete intrafallopian transfer programC A Sanchez Sarmiento
Reproductive Biology Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Stellenbosch and Tygerberg Hospital, Republic of South Africa
Arch Androl 36:155-60. 1996..wool filtration in both pregnancy outcome and fertilization of excess oocytes in patients undergoing gamete intrafallopian transfer. Gamete intrafallopian transfer patients were retrospectively included in the study group (n = 52)...
- A prospective study of the effects of female and male marijuana use on in vitro fertilization (IVF) and gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) outcomesHillary S Klonoff-Cohen
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:369-76. 2006This study was undertaken to examine whether marijuana use affects in vitro fertilization and gamete intrafallopian transfer (IVF/GIFT).
- The effect of advancing paternal age on pregnancy and live birth rates in couples undergoing in vitro fertilization or gamete intrafallopian transferHillary S Klonoff-Cohen
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:507-14. 2004..to determine effects of male aging on sperm parameters, fertilization, pregnancy, and live birth rates among in vitro fertilization (IVF) or gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) couples. The impact of female age was also investigated.
- Luteinization to oocyte retrieval delay in women in whom multiple follicular growth was induced as part of an in vitro fertilization/gamete intrafallopian transfer programJ Gudmundsson
University Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Scotland
Fertil Steril 53:735-7. 1990..The results demonstrated that with this induction regime, the time interval can be extended to 39 hours without preoperative ovulation and with improved oocyte maturity...
- Gamete intrafallopian transfer. Does smoking play a role?P H Chung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, USA
J Reprod Med 42:65-70. 1997To investigate the effects of active and passive cigarette smoking on the outcome of gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT).
- Pregnancy complications, obstetric risks, and neonatal outcome in singleton and twin pregnancies after GIFT and IVFRobert Ochsenkuhn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Munich Grosshadern, 81377 Munich, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 268:256-61. 2003..Our purpose is to compare the obstetric and neonatal characteristics of singleton and twin pregnancies after GIFT and IVF with those conceived spontaneously...
- Oocyte transfer and gamete intrafallopian transfer in the mareE M Carnevale
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Anim Reprod Sci 82:617-24. 2004..In contrast, sperm and oocyte are transferred into the oviduct during gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT). Therefore, a lower number (1 x 10(5) to 2 x 10(5)) of sperm can be used...
- The concerns during assisted reproductive technologies (CART) scale and pregnancy outcomesHillary Klonoff-Cohen
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0607, USA
Fertil Steril 81:982-8. 2004....
- Xenogenous fertilization of equine oocytes following recovery from slaughterhouse ovaries and in vitro maturationG Wirtu
Center for Reproductive Excellence using Assisted Technology and Endocrinology, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, USA
Theriogenology 61:381-91. 2004..Oocytes underwent IVM for 41 +/- 2 h (mean +/- S.D.), before being subjected to xenogenous gamete intrafallopian transfer (XGIFT). An average of 13 +/- 0...
- A minimally monitored assisted reproduction stimulation protocol reduces cost without compromising successBradley S Hurst
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Fertil Steril 77:98-100. 2002..To determine if a fixed-dose stimulation protocol with monitoring limited to a single ultrasound can provide acceptable outcomes in assisted reproduction technologies (ART) procedures in appropriately selected patients...
- Embryo donation: a reviewJulinda Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:991-6. 2003..It is, however, the only answer to infertility in some patients. This article summarizes the indications for embryo donation as well as the procedure and considerations in the preparation of both the donors and the recipients...
- Assisted conception and the law in the United KingdomPeter Braude
BMJ 327:978-81. 2003
- Assisted conception. I--General principlesPaula Rowell
Guy s and St Thomas s assisted conception unit, London
BMJ 327:799-801. 2003
- The effectiveness of IVF in unexplained infertility: a systematic Cochrane review. 2002,Zabeena Pandian
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aberdeen Maternity Hospital and Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, UK
Hum Reprod 18:2001-7. 2003....
- A prospective study of the effects of female and male caffeine consumption on the reproductive endpoints of IVF and gamete intra-Fallopian transferH Klonoff-Cohen
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, CA 92093, USA
Hum Reprod 17:1746-54. 2002....
- Effect of time of oocyte collection and site of insemination on oocyte transfer in maresM A Coutinho da Silva
Animal Reproduction and Biotechnology Laboratory, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
J Anim Sci 80:1275-9. 2002..For intraoviductal inseminations (gamete intrafallopian transfer [GIFT]), semen was centrifuged through a Percoll gradient, and 200,000 progressively motile sperm were ..
- Factors affecting pregnancy outcome in a gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) programmeJ M de Bruijn
Reproductive Biology Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Tygerberg Hospital and Stellenbosch University, Tygerberg, W Cape
S Afr Med J 93:532-6. 2003To identify the factors that most significantly affected pregnancy rates in a gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) programme.
- Relationship between the timing of hysterosalpingography before gamete intrafallopian transfer and the subsequent fertility outcomeHakan Kaya
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 30:448-53. 2004To investigate the prognostic significance of hysterosalpingography carried out before one-sided gamete intrafallopian transfer for unexplained infertility.
- Factors affecting low birthweight after assisted reproduction technology: difference between transfer of fresh and cryopreserved embryos suggests an adverse effect of oocyte collectionW Shih
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Hum Reprod 23:1644-53. 2008..Factors associated with low birthweight (LBW) after assisted reproduction technology (ART) were studied...
- Late paternitiesJean Cohen
Clinique Marignan, 8 Rue de Marignan, Paris 75008, France
Reprod Biomed Online 14:791-4. 2007..This is an obvious inequity...
- Anesthesia for assisted reproductive technologiesLawrence C Tsen
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Int Anesthesiol Clin 45:99-113. 2007
- The fallopian tube and in vitro fertilizationBill Yee
University of California, Irvine, Redondo Beach, California 90277, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 49:34-43. 2006
- IVF therapy for unexplained infertilityEmily C Harrison
Department of Family Medicine, Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Am Fam Physician 73:63-5. 2006
- Comparison of unilateral and bilateral transfer of injected oocytes into fallopian tubes: a prospective, randomized clinical trialAshraf Alleyassin
Dr Shariati Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vali e Asr Reproductive Health Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Fertil Steril 85:96-100. 2006..To assess whether pregnancy rate differs in unilateral vs. bilateral transfer in "immediate transfer of injected oocytes into the fallopian tubes."..
- Intrafallopian transfer of gametes and early stage embryos for in vivo culture in cattleF Wetscher
Department for Agrobiotechnology, Institute of Biotechnology in Animal Production, IFA Tulln, BOKU University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Veterinaerplatz 1, A 1210 Vienna, Austria
Theriogenology 64:30-40. 2005..In addition, we have evidence that in vitro maturation and in vivo fertilization cannot be synchronized...
- Endotoxic shock after gamete intrafallopian transferDawie R Slabbert
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stellenbosch University and Tygerberg Hospital, Tygerberg, South Africa
Fertil Steril 83:1041. 2005To report an extremely rare case of endotoxic shock due to Enterobacter cloacae that occurred after laparoscopy for gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) in a nulligravid woman.
- Ethnic background and in vitro fertilization outcomesK Bendikson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 88:342-6. 2005..To compare IVF outcomes among women of different ethnic backgrounds...
- Gamete intra-fallopian transfer or intrauterine insemination after controlled ovarian hyperstimulation for treatment of infertility due to endometriosisS Lodhi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Joseph Mercy Oakland, Pontiac, MI, USA
Gynecol Endocrinol 19:152-9. 2004..In advanced stages of endometriosis GIFT appears to be more effective...
- Reduction of dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate synthesis in women with polycystic ovary syndrome by human menopausal gonadotropin but not purified urinary follicle stimulating hormone: a comparative pilot studyS Turkmen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, IVF Center, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Gynecol Endocrinol 19:69-78. 2004..Our findings suggest that in PCOS patients exogenous hMG induces a different steroid synthesis pattern compared to pure FSH, hypothetically by reduction of the delta-5 steroid synthesis pathway in the adrenals and/or in the ovary...
- Successful pregnancy in a patient with a 46,XY karyotypeKamala Selvaraj
Fertility Research Center, G G Hospital, Tamil Nadu, India
Fertil Steril 78:419-20. 2002..To report a case of successful pregnancy in a patient with 46,XY karyotype with primary ovarian failure...
- Trends in assisted reproductive technologyLily Fountain
J Midwifery Womens Health 47:384-5. 2002
- Gamete retrieval in terminal conditions: is it practical? What are the consequences?James J Finnerty
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Box 800726, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Curr Womens Health Rep 2:174-8. 2002..A policy was developed and approved by the Ethics Committee at our institution, and is included in this article...
- The management of unexplained infertilityF Zayed
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Amman, Jordan
Obstet Gynecol Surv 54:121-30. 1999..These results seem to be lower than those reported for in vitro fertilization (IVF) or gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) procedures in similar patients (25-30 percent (92, 95))...
- Infertility update: use of assisted reproductive technologyT M Yoshida
J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash) 39:65-72; quiz 103-4. 1999..To describe assisted reproductive technology (ART) and use of medications during these procedures...
- [Development of gamete intrafallopian transfer with preincubated preovulatory oocytes (new GIFT) and analysis of clinical data]A Tanaka
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Koshigaya City Hospital, Saitama
Nihon Sanka Fujinka Gakkai Zasshi 40:1859-66. 1988We developed a new treatment, Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer with the preincubated oocyte (New GIFT) and applied this method to all kinds of infertility where the patient had at least one tube...
- [Intra-tubal embryo transfer (IVF/IT-ET) in the treatment of non-tubal-induced sterility. Initial studies of the value of a new and expensive therapy procedure]W Würfel
Frauenklinik Dr Krüsmann, Munchen
Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd 49:894-901. 1989..oocytes, reduction of the polyploidy rate, risk of multiple pregnancies) to be combined with those of gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT; tubar environment for the further development of the pre-implantation embryos)...
- In vitro and xenogenous capacitation-like changes of fresh, cooled, and cryopreserved stallion sperm as assessed by a chlortetracycline stainN A Parker
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061 0442, USA
J Androl 21:45-52. 2000..One such technology, gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT), may be used in mares that exhibit ovulatory, oviductal, or uterine abnormalities that limit ..
- Prevalence and risk factors for obstetric haemorrhage in 6730 singleton births after assisted reproductive technology in Victoria AustraliaD L Healy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Monash University, Level 5, Monash Medical Centre, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton, VIC 3168 Australia
Hum Reprod 25:265-74. 2010..Obstetric haemorrhages have been reported to be increased after assisted reproduction technologies (ART) but the mechanisms involved are unclear...
- Successful gamete intrafallopian transfer following failed artificial insemination by donor: evidence for a defect in gamete transport?E Cefalu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Irvine, Orange 92668
Fertil Steril 50:279-82. 1988b>Gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) was offered as an alternative treatment to 48 women who failed to conceive after artificial insemination with donor semen (AID) in numerous attempts (9 to 24 cycles)...
- The cost of infertility evaluation and therapy: findings of a self-insured university healthcare planD W Stovall
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, USA
Fertil Steril 72:778-84. 1999....
- Endometriosis: medical therapyM Wingfield
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Monash University, Monash Medical Center, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Baillieres Clin Obstet Gynaecol 7:813-38. 1993..When expectant management fails, gamete intrafallopian transfer offers excellent results...
- An 18-month survey of infertility treatment by in vitro fertilization, gamete and zygote intrafallopian transfer, and replacement of frozen-thawed embryosC Staessen
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Academic Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
J In Vitro Fert Embryo Transf 6:22-9. 1989..and embryo transfer (ET) after laparoscopic (N = 793) or ultrasonically guided (N = 342) ovum pickup, gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT; N = 284), or zygote intrafallopian transfer (ZIFT; N = 15) combined with IVF as well as the ..
- The wider perinatal significance of the Australian in vitro fertilization data collection programD M Saunders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Sydney, N S W, Australia
Am J Perinatol 6:252-7. 1989..of In Vitro Fertilization pregnancies comprises 2242 in vitro fertilization (IVF) pregnancies and 261 gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) pregnancies...
- [Combined GnRH analogs/hMG/hCG treatment]W Braendle
Abteilung für klinische und experimentelle Endokrinologie, Universitatskrankenhaus Eppendorf
Arch Gynecol Obstet 245:931-5. 1989..using Buserelin or Decapeptyl as Gn-RH-analogue 282 patients were treated for in vitro fertilization, gamete intrafallopian transfer or as part of an "in vivo" therapy...
- Distinction between early and late ovarian hyperstimulation syndromeR S Mathur
Bristol University Center for Reproductive Medicine, Bristol, UK
Fertil Steril 73:901-7. 2000..To compare patient and cycle characteristics among three study groups: early ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), late OHSS, and non-OHSS...
- [A study of the controlled ovarian hyperstimulation using GnRH agonist and pure FSH in in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer and gamete intrafallopian transfer program]A Usui
1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo
Nihon Sanka Fujinka Gakkai Zasshi 41:1431-8. 1989....
- Electroejaculation and assisted reproductive technologies in the treatment of anejaculatory infertilityD A Ohl
Department of Urology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Fertil Steril 76:1249-55. 2001..To determine the efficacy of electroejaculation in combination with assisted reproductive technology (ART)...
- Preeclampsia in multiple gestation: the role of assisted reproductive technologiesAnne Lynch
Department of Research and Development, Kaiser Permanente, Denver, Colorado 80205, USA
Obstet Gynecol 99:445-51. 2002..To estimate the relationship of assisted reproductive technologies and ovulation-inducing drugs with preeclampsia in multiple gestations...
- Efficacy of the urinary hemagglutination test (Higonavis) and enzyme immunoassay (Ovustick) in detection of the spontaneous luteinizing hormone surge in an in vitro fertilization/gamete intrafallopian transfer (IVF/GIFT) programY F Chan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Hong Kong
J In Vitro Fert Embryo Transf 6:218-21. 1989Fifty-eight treatment cycles in an in vitro fertilization/gamete intrafallopian transfer (IVF/GIFT) program were studied to compare the efficacy of two urinary methods, hemagglutination test (Higonavis) and enzyme immunoassay (Ovustick), ..
- Programmed gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT)R G Bates
Chelsea Hospital for Women, London
Br J Obstet Gynaecol 95:1220-5. 1988..patients with unexplained infertility underwent a total of 42 programmed superovulation cycles in a gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) programme...
- Pregnancies established by gamete intrafallopian transfer and pronuclear-stage transfer in patients with premature ovarian failure using donated oocytes and low-dose oral micronized estradiol and progesteroneT T Olar
The Fertility Institute of New Orleans, Louisiana 70128
J In Vitro Fert Embryo Transf 6:160-3. 1989This report describes both gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) and pronuclear-stage transfer (PROST) of donated oocytes to patients with premature ovarian failure (POF), using micronized oral progesterone (P4) and low-dose micronized ..
- Serum and peritoneal fluid antiendometrial antibodies in assisted reproductionGary W Randall
West Virginia University Physicians of Charleston, Charleston, West Virginia 25302, USA
J Reprod Med 54:353-60. 2009..endometriosis and serum and peritoneal fluid antiendometrial antibodies (AEA) on pregnancy outcomes in gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT), zygote intrafallopian transfer (ZIFT) and in vitro fertilization (IVF) patients using assisted ..
- Gamete intrafallopian transfer vs superovulation with intrauterine insemination for the treatment of infertilityC R Kaplan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284
J In Vitro Fert Embryo Transf 6:298-304. 1989Superovulation with intrauterine insemination (SO-IUI) has been suggested as an alternative to gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT), despite the absence of controlled or comparative trials...
- Effects of maternal and paternal alcohol consumption on the success rates of in vitro fertilization and gamete intrafallopian transferHillary Klonoff-Cohen
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California 92093, USA
Fertil Steril 79:330-9. 2003..To determine whether the amount and timing of female and male alcohol use during IVF and GIFT affect reproductive endpoints...
- Performance and sensitivity of modern home pregnancy testsR H Asch
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Irvine, Orange
Int J Fertil 33:154, 157-8, 161. 1988..determined by ultrasound) in artificial insemination donor (AID) cycles, or from the date of gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) for 16 consecutive days...
- Oocyte donation in 61 patientsP F Serhal
Fertility and IVF Unit, Humana Hospital Wellington and University College, London
Lancet 1:1185-7. 1989Oocyte donation was performed by gamete intrafallopian transfer in 61 women, 34 of whom were amenorrhoeic. The mean age of the donors was 32 years (range 23-38)...
- 'Are you asking me if we had sex to conceive?' To whom do parents of twins disclose mode of conception and what do they feel about being asked?Supriya Raj
University of Melbourne Department of Paediatrics, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Road, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Twin Res Hum Genet 10:886-91. 2007..alone, 165 (42%) In Vitro Fertilisation, 132 (34%) Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection, and 17 (4%) Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer, with 20 reporting use of donor eggs and thirteen donor sperm...
- Comparison of transabdominal and transvaginal pelvic ultrasonography for ovarian follicle assessment in in vitro fertilisationR T O'Shea
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, Australia
Gynecol Obstet Invest 26:52-5. 1988..regard to patient preference and follicular number, size and dominance, in patients undergoing IVF and gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT)...
- [GnRH agonist/hMG stimulation in gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT)]C Lindner
Abteilung für klin u exp Endokrinologie, Universitäts Frauenklinik Hamburg Eppendorf
Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd 49:91-5. 1989..Besides a more flexible and effective strategy of ovarian stimulation, the number of follicles/oocytes was L, increased which provided a better condition for GIFT...
- Assisted procreation in the presence of a positive direct mixed antiglobulin reaction testG Palermo
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Fertil Steril 52:645-9. 1989..antisperm antibodies were treated by in vitro fertilization (IVF), zygote intrafallopian transfer, or gamete intrafallopian transfer in 38 cycles...
- Gamete intrafallopian transfer: different routes of transferE Cittadini
Institute of Endocrinology and Physiopathology of Reproduction, University of Palermo, Italy
Acta Eur Fertil 19:217-20. 1988..their own experience and results using different approaches to oocyte pick-up and gamete transfer for gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT). The overall pregnancy rate of GIFT is 35.86% (66 pregnancies on 184 cases of GIFT)...
- Autoimmune premature ovarian failureJ G Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Korea
J Obstet Gynaecol (Tokyo 1995) 21:59-66. 1995..Currently, in vitro fertilization and/or gamete intrafallopian transfer with donated oocytes are the best therapeutic options to achieve pregnancy although ovulation ..
- The duration of pituitary suppression by means of intranasal gonadotropin hormone-releasing hormone analogue administration does not influence the ovarian response to gonadotropin stimulation and success rate in a gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) proV Remorgida
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Genoa, Italy
J In Vitro Fert Embryo Transf 6:76-80. 1989....
- The importance of egg and sperm factors in predicting the likelihood of pregnancy from gamete intrafallopian transferD S Guzick
University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Fertil Steril 52:795-800. 1989The relative contribution of factors affecting the probability of pregnancy from gamete intrafallopian transfer was estimated using data from 218 cycles performed in San Antonio, Texas, and Orange, California...
- Role of gonadotropin releasing hormone agonists in ovulation inductionW C Dodson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Reprod Med 34:76-80. 1989..The use of exogenous gonadotropins for ovulation induction in anovulatory women or for superovulation in gamete intrafallopian transfer or in vitro fertilization is complicated by premature luteinization, multiple gestation and ovarian ..
- Fallopian replacement of eggs with delayed intrauterine insemination (FREDI): an alternative to gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT)C K Leung
IVF Centre, Hong Kong Sanatorium and Hospital, Happy Valley
J In Vitro Fert Embryo Transf 6:129-33. 1989....
- Gamete intrafallopian transfer: benefits of programmed stimulationJ L Pouly
Service de Gynecologie et Obstetrique, Polyclinique Phillipe Marcombes, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire, Clermont Ferrand, France
Fertil Steril 52:1012-7. 1989Fifty-six cycles of gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) were performed after programming by administration of norethisterone in the previous cycle...
- Attitudes and anxiety levels in women conceiving through in vitro fertilization and gamete intrafallopian transferA E Reading
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Los Angeles, California 90048
Fertil Steril 52:95-9. 1989..attitudes have been examined in a series of women conceiving through in vitro fertilization (IVF) and gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT)...
- Gamete intrafallopian transfer: the effect of the number of eggs used and the depth of gamete placement on pregnancy initiationB Yee
California College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Orange
Fertil Steril 52:639-44. 1989The role of the fallopian tube in initiating pregnancy was examined in 246 consecutive gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) cycles...
- Noninvasive evaluation of cardiovascular hemodynamics during multiple follicular stimulation, late luteal phase and early pregnancyG B La Sala
Arcispedale S Maria Nuova, Reggio Emilia, Italy
Fertil Steril 51:796-802. 1989A noninvasive hemodynamic study in three moments of the gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) cycle was carried out on 25 patients: before beginning multiple follicular stimulation (MFS) (study I); after rapid increase of serum estradiol (..
- Gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT)S Pace-Owens
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 18:93-7. 1989b>Gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT), developed in 1984, was the result of further studies on in vitro fertilization (IVF)...
- [Differential indications for surgical technics in reproductive medicine--microsurgery, in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer, gamete intrafallopian transfer and tubal embryo transfer]R Wiedemann
Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Klinikum Grosshadern, Frauenklinik
Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd 49:416-22. 1989..baby following in-vitro fertilisation and embryo transfer (IVF/ET) in 1978 and the introduction of gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) in 1984 have increased the treatment modalities in operative reproductive medicine...
- Gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT). The results of 93 consecutive treatmentsT Henriksen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 68:197-200. 1989Eighty-two couples were treated with gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) in 93 treatment cycles. Twenty-three clinical pregnancies resulted...
- Immediate versus delayed progesterone supplementation in gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT)S Y Chang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J In Vitro Fert Embryo Transf 6:275-9. 1989Exogenous progesterone (P) was supplemented to gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) patients to determine the optimal timing to start P supplementation and the role of isthmic block in GIFT...
- The practice gap in the care of women following successful infertility treatments: unasked research questions in midwifery and nursingHelen Allan
Centre for Research in Nursing and Midwifery Education, European Institute of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Hum Fertil (Camb) 10:99-104. 2007..and midwifery practices in caring for women following successful in vitro fertilization (IVF) and gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT), and to suggest directions for research within these disciplines...
- Gamete intrafallopian transfer and plasma chorionic gonadotropin dynamics: evidence of a delayed appearanceV Remorgida
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Genoa, Italy
J In Vitro Fert Embryo Transf 5:195-8. 1988..These findings support the possibility of a delay in the appearance of human chorionic hormone in the patients undergoing gamete intrafallopian transfer technique.
- Success rate in gamete intrafallopian transfer using low and high concentrations of washed spermatozoaI Khan
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Fertil Steril 50:922-7. 1988..number of spermatozoa on pregnancies and miscarriages was studied retrospectively in 307 consecutive gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) cycles...
- A Mobile Oocyte Incubation Unit (MOIU): a device for improvement of the gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) programM T Shih
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan R O C
J In Vitro Fert Embryo Transf 5:188-94. 1988Forty couples with infertility due to various causes were selected for the gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) program at our hospital...
- Gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) as a complement to the tubal microsurgeryT Mardesic
Research Institute for the Care of the Mother and Child, Prague, Czechoslovakia
Zentralbl Gynakol 111:276-80. 1989..The number of clinical pregnancies in this modification doesn't reach the referred success rate of a standard gamete intrafallopian transfer.
- Pregnancies from fallopian replacement of immature eggs with delayed intrauterine inseminationC K Leung
IVF Centre, Hong Kong Sanatorium and Hospital, Happy Valley
Hum Reprod 4:80-1. 1989b>Gamete intrafallopian transfer requires that a woman should not only have patent tubes but should also have had mature eggs collected for replacement...
- Transvaginal pulsed Doppler ultrasound assessment of blood flow to the corpus luteum in IVF patients following embryo transferR J Baber
Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Br J Obstet Gynaecol 95:1226-30. 1988..125 scans recorded in 65 women at weekly intervals from 3 days after embryo transfer or 5 days after gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) until confirmation of pregnancy or onset of menses...
- [Intratubal gamete transfer]H Hepp
Universitäts Frauenklinik im Klinikum Grosshadern, Munchen
Arch Gynecol Obstet 245:877-82. 1989Three years' experience with gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) are reported...
- Modalities for treatment of antisperm antibody mediated infertility: novel perspectivesRajesh K Naz
Division of Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical College of Ohio, OH 43614 5806, USA
Am J Reprod Immunol 51:390-7. 2004..corticosteroids or cyclosporine; assisted reproductive technologies such as intrauterine insemination, gamete intrafallopian transfer, in vitro fertilization, and intracytoplasmic sperm injection; laboratory techniques such as sperm ..
- Assisted reproduction in patients with early-stage ovarian malignanciesMichael P Steinkampf
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35249 7333, USA
Fertil Steril 80:1510-2. 2003..To determine the outcome of women with early-stage ovarian malignancies who subsequently underwent assisted reproductive technologies (ART)...
- Are human spermatozoa separated on a Percoll density gradient safe for therapeutic use?S J Pickering
University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 51:1024-9. 1989..response when used for intrauterine insemination, or when introduced into the fallopian tube during gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) procedures, as assessed by an intraperitoneal injection into mice...
- The development and application of the modern reproductive technologies to horse breedingW R Allen
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 9BH, UK
Reprod Domest Anim 40:310-29. 2005..ultrasound-guided oocyte collection, intracytoplasmic sperm injection for fertilization (ICSI), gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) and now nuclear transfer (cloning), have all been applied to equids with encouraging success...
- Pregnancies in cancelled gamete intrafallopian transfer cyclesD N Curole
Fertility Institute of New Orleans, Louisiana 70128
Fertil Steril 51:363-4. 1989..Forty-four percent of started GIFT cycles were cancelled. Insemination and intercourse in the cancelled cycles yield a 23% and 10% pregnancy rate, respectively...
- Donum Vitae on homologous interventions: is IVF-ET a less acceptable gift than "GIFT"?J W Carlson
Le Moyne College, Syracuse, New York 13214
J Med Philos 14:523-40. 1989..Although none of the latter interventions are mentioned by name, the recently developed gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) and certain associated techniques have found favor with many orthodox Roman Catholic thinkers, ..
- Correlation of pregnancy after gamete intrafallopian transfer with fertilization and cleavage of sibling oocytesD N Curole
Fertility Institute of New Orleans, Louisiana 70128
Fertil Steril 50:811-2. 1988..When excess oocytes fertilized and developed to the blastocyst stage, the pregnancy rate was 78%. The continuing pregnancy rate was increased from 31% to 55% when sibling blastocysts developed...
- GIFTMac Talbot
Aust Fam Physician 34:315. 2005
- Assisted reproductive technologies in severe male infertilityE Cittadini
Clinica Ostetrica e Ginecologica, Istituto Materno Infantile dell Università di Palermo
Acta Eur Fertil 23:123-30. 1992..This final conclusion is presently evaluated on the basis of a retrospective study...
- The effect of unilateral versus bilateral tubal cannulation and the number of oocytes transferred on the outcome of gamete intrafallopian transferC J Haines
Reproductive Medicine Programme, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Fertil Steril 55:423-5. 1991..There was no difference in outcome between these two methods, with the unilateral approach having some advantages over the bilateral procedure. Pregnancy rates decreased as the number of oocytes transferred was reduced...
- Hysteroscopy for gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT)W Würfel
Universitätsfrauenklinik Würzburg, Republic of Bavaria, Federal Republic of Germany
Acta Eur Fertil 21:133-7. 1990b>Gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) is performed currently using laparoscopy. We report on a pilot-study from 1.1.1987 to 31.12.1987 and from 1.5.1988 to 30.4...
- Comparison of concurrent pregnancy rates for in-vitro fertilization--embryo transfer, pronuclear stage embryo transfer and gamete intra-fallopian transferD G Hammitt
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City 52242
Hum Reprod 5:947-54. 1990..Furthermore, to maintain equivalent rates of pregnancy with PROST and GIFT, it is suggested that GIFT should not be used for cases of male-factor infertility without first documenting normal rates of in-vitro fertilization with PROST...
- The fate of supernumerary oocytes in gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) is not predictive of a poor outcome: the effect of oocyte selectionK M McKenna
Reproductive Biology Unit, Royal Women s Hospital, Carlton, Melbourne, Australia
J In Vitro Fert Embryo Transf 5:261-4. 1988In 161 consecutive gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) cycles in which supernumerary oocytes were inseminated, a failure to fertilize any of these oocytes was no more predictive of an unsuccessful outcome than the simple overall ..
- Utility of fluoroimmunoassay in detecting luteinizing hormone surges in spontaneous and human menopausal gonadotropin-stimulated menstrual cyclesC L Hughes
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Reprod Med 35:211-3. 1990..from 43 women undergoing human menopausal gonadotropin stimulation for in vitro fertilization or gamete intrafallopian transfer and seven patients monitored in spontaneous menstrual cycles for receipt of frozen embryos, we ..
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKPETER MCGOVERN; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will then test the hypothesis that this novel protocol, by preventing the hypersecretion of luteal products in gonadotropin-induced pregnancies, will result in safer infertility therapy. ..
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKRichard Blackwell; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..