computer assisted surgery
Summary: Surgical procedures conducted with the aid of computers. This is most frequently used in orthopedic and laparoscopic surgery for implant placement and instrument guidance. Image-guided surgery interactively combines prior CT scans or MRI images with real-time video.
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- Computer-assisted knee arthroplasty versus a conventional jig-based technique. A randomised, prospective trialS K Chauhan
Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia
J Bone Joint Surg Br 86:372-7. 2004..011) and femorotibial mismatch (p = 0.037). Standing alignment was also improved (p = 0.004) and blood loss was less (p = 0.0001). Computer-assisted surgery took longer with a mean increase of 13 minutes (p = 0.0001)...
- Preoperative localization and radioguided parathyroid surgeryGiuliano Mariani
Regional Center of Nuclear Medicine, University of Pisa Medical School, Pisa, Italy
J Nucl Med 44:1443-58. 2003..Specific guidelines should be followed when selecting patients for gamma-probe-guided MIP...
- Leg axis after computer-navigated total knee arthroplasty: a prospective randomized trial comparing computer-navigated and manual implantationRalf Decking
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Ulm, RKU, 89081 Ulm, Germany
J Arthroplasty 20:282-8. 2005..This difference was statistically significant. The femoral and tibial mechanical anteroposterior axis and the femoral and tibial sagittal tilt (slope) measured on sagittal x-rays were not significantly improved in this patient group...
- Randomized control trial comparing radiographic total knee arthroplasty implant placement using computer navigation versus conventional techniquePak Lin Chin
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore, Singapore
J Arthroplasty 20:618-26. 2005..0%). In the sagittal axis, 90.0% CAS also had better outcomes compared with EM (63.3%) and IM (76.7%). Computer-navigated total knee arthroplasty helps increase accuracy and reduce "outliers" for implant placement...
- Early experiences of endoscopic procedures in general surgery assisted by a computer-enhanced surgical systemM Hashizume
Department of Disaster and Emergency Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1, Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Surg Endosc 16:1187-91. 2002....
- Imageless navigation for insertion of the acetabular component in total hip arthroplasty: is it as accurate as CT-based navigation?T Kalteis
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Regensburg, Asklepios Klinikum Bad Abbach, Kaiser Karl V Allee 3, 93077 Bad Abbach, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:163-7. 2006..001). The duration of the operation was increased by eight minutes with imageless and by 17 minutes with CT-based navigation. Imageless navigation proved as reliable as that using CT in positioning the acetabular component...
- Blood loss after total knee replacement: effects of computer-assisted surgeryY Kalairajah
SPORTSMED SA, 32 Payneham Road, Stepney, Adelaide 5069, South Australia
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:1480-2. 2005..This allows the ordering of less blood before the operation, reduces risks at transfusion and gives financial saving. Computer-assisted surgery may also be useful for patients in whom blood products are not acceptable...
- Factors affecting error in integration of electroanatomic mapping with CT and MR imaging during catheter ablation of atrial fibrillationE Kevin Heist
Cardiac Arrhythmia Service and Cardiac Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Gray 109, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA, 02114, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 17:21-7. 2006..We sought to examine the effect of patient- and technique-related factors on integration accuracy of electroanatomic mapping with CT and MR imaging of the left atrium...
- Optimum threshold setting for a positron-sensitive probe with background rejection capabilitySeiichi Yamamoto
Department of Electrical Engineering, Kobe City College of Technology, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 18:251-6. 2004..3 of the peak level of the pulse for the plastic scintillator and 0.7 of that for the BGO. With these threshold levels, the background counts could be decreased to less than 0.2% of the true positron counts...
- Learning the vagaries of computer-assisted total knee replacementJ M Sikorski
Hollywood Specialist Centre, Suite 8 95 Monash Avenue, Nedlands, Western Australia 6009, Australia
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:903-10. 2005
- A prospective, randomized study of computer-assisted and conventional total knee arthroplasty. Three-dimensional evaluation of implant alignment and rotationGeorg Matziolis
Center for Musculoskeletal Surgery, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:236-43. 2007..The objective of this study was to determine whether computer-assisted total knee arthroplasty is superior to the conventional surgical method with regard to the precision of implant positioning...
- Alignment in total knee arthroplasty. A comparison of computer-assisted surgery with the conventional techniqueH Bathis
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Regensburg, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Br 86:682-7. 2004..Potential benefits in the long-term outcome and functional improvement require further investigation...
- Validation and usefulness of a computer-assisted cup-positioning system in total hip arthroplasty. A prospective, randomized, controlled studySebastien Parratte
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Aix Marseille University, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:494-9. 2007..The purpose of this study was to compare computer-assisted with freehand insertion of the acetabular component...
- Accuracy and potential pitfalls of fluoroscopy-guided acetabular cup placementMoritz Tannast
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Inselspital
Comput Aided Surg 10:329-36. 2005....
- Implementation, accuracy evaluation, and preliminary clinical trial of a CT-free navigation system for high tibial opening wedge osteotomyGongli Wang
Maurice E Mueller Research Center for Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Comput Aided Surg 10:73-85. 2005..All these common problems can be addressed by the use of a surgical navigation system...
- Imaging-guided percutaneous radiofrequency ablation of solid renal masses: techniques and outcomes of 38 treatment sessions in 32 consecutive patientsWilliam W Mayo-Smith
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Rhode Island Hospital, Brown Medical School, 593 Eddy St, Providence 02903, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 180:1503-8. 2003..The purpose of this study was to describe the treatment techniques and results of 38 consecutive imaging-guided percutaneous radiofrequency ablations of solid renal masses performed in 32 patients...
- Reliability of navigated lower limb alignment in high tibial osteotomiesPatrick Goleski
Orthopaedic Department, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Sports Med 36:2179-86. 2008....
- Renal mass core biopsy: accuracy and impact on clinical managementKatherine E Maturen
Department of Radiology, UH B1D407, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:563-70. 2007..The objective of our study was to determine the accuracy of imaging-guided percutaneous renal mass biopsy and its impact on clinical management...
- Role of navigation in total hip arthroplastyTodd C Kelley
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Cincinnati, 231 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0212, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:153-8. 2009....
- Navigated open-wedge high tibial osteotomy: advantages and disadvantages compared to the conventional technique in a cadaver studyS Hankemeier
Trauma Department of Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 14:917-21. 2006..Future studies have to analyse the clinical effects of navigation on corrective osteotomies...
- Consistency of implantation of a total knee arthroplasty with a non-image-based navigation system: a case-control study of 235 cases compared with 235 conventionally implanted prosthesesJean Yves Jenny
Centre de Traumatologie et d Orthopedie, Strasbourg, France
J Arthroplasty 20:832-9. 2005..In accordance with current literature, survival of the navigated implanted prostheses is expected to be longer...
- Mid-term results of cementless total hip replacement using a ceramic-on-ceramic bearing with and without computer navigationN Sugano
Department of Medical Engineering, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita 565 0871, Osaka, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Br 89:455-60. 2007..It also reduced the rate of dislocation and mechanical problems related to impingement...
- Percutaneous sonographically guided radiofrequency ablation of medium-sized fibroids: feasibility studyChiara Recaldini
Department of Radiology, University of Insubria, Viale Borri 57, 21100 Varese, Italy
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:1303-6. 2007..The purpose of this study was to assess the feasibility and safety of percutaneous radiofrequency ablation under sonographic guidance as a unique procedure in the management of symptomatic uterine myomas...
- Measurements of acetabular cup position and pelvic spatial orientation after total hip arthroplasty using computed tomography/radiography matchingSorin Blendea
Institute for Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Comput Aided Surg 10:37-43. 2005..The Xalign method offered reasonable accuracy for cup orientation, and allowed cup and pelvic 3D anatomic measurements at different times...
- Comparison of conventional versus computer-navigated acetabular component insertionRolf G A Haaker
Facharzt für Orthopädie Rheumatologie Sportmedizin, Chirotherapie, Phys Med Orthopädische Klinik, Brakel, Germany
J Arthroplasty 22:151-9. 2007..F ratio was 5.56 for inclination and 3.67 for anteversion (P < .0001). This study demonstrated substantial statistical improvement in accuracy of cup placement using CT-based navigation compared with freehand methods...
- Accuracy of treatment planning based on stereolithography in computer assisted surgeryKurt Schicho
University Hospital of Cranio Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Med Phys 33:3408-17. 2006..5 mm. This study verifies that preoperative planning on SL models and intraoperative transfer of this plan with computer assisted navigation is a suitable and sufficiently reliable method for clinical applications...
- Are systemic emboli reduced in computer-assisted knee surgery?: A prospective, randomised, clinical trialY Kalairajah
SPORTSMED SA, 32 Payneham Road, Stepney, Adelaide 5069, South Australia
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:198-202. 2006..0003).Our findings show that computer-assisted total knee arthroplasty, when compared with conventional jig-based surgery, significantly reduces systemic emboli as detected by transcranial Doppler ultrasonography...
- Navigated total knee replacement. A meta-analysisKai Bauwens
Department of Trauma and Orthopedic Surgery, Center for Clinical Research, Unfallkrankenhaus Berlin, Warener Strasse 7, 12683 Berlin, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:261-9. 2007..Proponents of navigated knee arthroplasty stress its potential to increase the precision of component placement. We conducted a systematic review and meta-analysis to substantiate the validity and relevance of this contention...
- Periprosthetic femoral supracondylar fracture after total knee arthroplasty with navigation systemChi Huan Li
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, and Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Arthroplasty 23:304-7. 2008..Intramedullary nailing of the left femur was performed under close reduction. The possible complication of pinhole fracture to total knee arthroplasty with navigation system should be kept in mind...
- Novel robotic catheter remote control system: feasibility and safety of transseptal puncture and endocardial catheter navigationWalid Saliba
Section of Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 17:1102-5. 2006..The aims of this study were to demonstrate the safety and the feasibility of the robotic catheter remote control system (CCS) in endocardial navigation in all cardiac chambers, as well as facilitation of the transseptal puncture...
- The impact of CT image integration into an electroanatomic mapping system on clinical outcomes of catheter ablation of atrial fibrillationPeter M Kistler
Department of Cardiology, St Bartholomew s Hospital and Queen Mary College, University of London, London, UK
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 17:1093-101. 2006..A detailed appreciation of left atrial/pulmonary vein (LA/PV) anatomy may be important in improving the safety and success of catheter ablation (CA) for atrial fibrillation (AF)...
- [CT analysis of leg alignment after conventional vs. navigated knee prosthesis implantation. Initial results of a controlled, prospective and randomized study]M Oberst
Klinik fur Unfall und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Katharinenhospital, Stuttgart
Unfallchirurg 106:941-8. 2003..This article presents the first results of a controlled, prospective and randomised trial comparing navigation versus free-hand implantation in TKA with special reference to the rotation of the femoral component...
- [Sonography aided computer assisted surgery (SACAS) in orbital surgery]P U Lohnstein
Hals Nasen Ohren Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, 79106, Freiburg i Br
HNO 55:778-84. 2007..The application of computer assisted procedures in orbital surgery is made more difficult by the intraoperative tissue shift in intraorbital structures, since this intraoperative dislocation cannot be imaged in preoperative CT/MR datasets...
- Radiographic and navigation measurements of TKA limb alignment do not correlateMark A Yaffe
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:2736-44. 2008..This technology can function as an effective tool for assessing pre- and postoperative limb alignment and relating intraoperative alignment measurements to clinical and functional outcomes...
- Accuracy of a computer-assisted navigation system for total knee replacementR P Pitto
University of Auckland, and Department of Orthopaedics, Middlemore Hospital, 93311 Otahuhu, Auckland, New Zealand
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:601-5. 2006..This is the first study designed to assess the accuracy of a clinically-validated navigation system. It demonstrates in vitro accuracy of the image-free navigation system in both normal and abnormal leg alignment settings...
- Reliability of limb alignment measurement for high tibial osteotomy with a navigation systemJ Lützner
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Medical Faculty of the Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Eur J Med Res 14:447-50. 2009..This study investigates the accuracy of limb alignment measurements with a navigation system on a cadaver specimen...
- Closed-wedge high tibial osteotomy using computer-assisted surgery compared to the conventional techniqueD K Bae
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoeki dong, Dongdaemun ku, Seoul 130 702, Korea
J Bone Joint Surg Br 91:1164-71. 2009..3 degrees vs 3.7 degrees , p = 0,012). We conclude that navigation provides reliable real-time intra-operative information, may increase accuracy, and improves the precision of a closed-wedge HTO...
- Initial experience in the use of integrated electroanatomic mapping with three-dimensional MR/CT images to guide catheter ablation of atrial fibrillationJun Dong
Department of Medicine, John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287 0409, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 17:459-66. 2006..No prior studies have reported the use of integrated electroanatomic mapping with preacquired magnetic resonance/computed tomographic (MR/CT) images to guide catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation (AF) in a series of patients...
- Accuracy evaluation of direct navigation with an isocentric 3D rotational X-ray systemEverine B van de Kraats
Image Sciences Institute, University Medical Center Utrecht, Q0S 459, P O Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Med Image Anal 10:113-24. 2006..The individual steps in the registration procedure are explained and evaluated. The acquired navigation accuracy using this coupling is approximately one millimeter...
- Evaluation of different miniplates in fixation of fractured human mandible with the finite element methodHasan Husnu Korkmaz
Civil Engineering Department, Engineering and Architecture Faculty, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 103:e1-13. 2007..The results obtained from this study offer the choice of a particular plate size, thickness, design, or configuration for application and thus provide information for clinical use...
- Positron detection for the intraoperative localisation of cancer depositsMorand Piert
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstrasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:1534-44. 2007..The study investigated the feasibility of a positron-sensitive hand-held detector system for the intraoperative localisation of tumour deposits resulting from intravenous [(18)F]FDG administration...
- Digital correction of magnification in pelvic x rays for preoperative planning of hip joint replacements: theoretical development and clinical results of a new protocolB The
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University Medical Center Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, 9700 RB, Groningen, The Netherlands
Med Phys 32:2580-9. 2005..Future research might clarify if a strict calibration protocol, as presented in this study, results in more accurate preoperative planning of hip joint replacements...
- Two-year outcomes of computed tomography-based and computed tomography free navigation for total knee arthroplastiesArno Martin
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Academic Teaching Hospital, Medical University of Innsbruck, Feldkirch, Austria
Clin Orthop Relat Res 449:275-82. 2006..The computed tomography-based approach has a good pre-operative planning procedure, but is more expensive and time consuming...
- Total hip arthroplasty through a minimal posterior approach using imageless computer-assisted hip navigationRichard L Wixson
Department of Orthopaedics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611 2983, USA
J Arthroplasty 20:51-6. 2005..The use of a computer-assisted surgery navigation system with a minimal posterior incision for a total hip arthroplasty results in significantly more reproducible acetabular component placement...
- Focused ultrasound surgery of intramural leiomyomas may facilitate fertility: a case reportMiriam M F Hanstede
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Fertil Steril 88:497.e5-7. 2007..To describe a successful pregnancy after a change in configuration of the endometrial cavity after magnetic resonance imaging-guided focused ultrasound surgery (MRgFUS) for leiomyomas...
- PET probe-guided surgery: applications and clinical protocolSeza A Gulec
Center for Cancer Care at Goshen Health System, Goshen, IN, USA
World J Surg Oncol 5:65. 2007..Intraoperative localization of PET positive recurrent/metastatic lesions can be facilitated using a hand-held PET probe...
- Influence of electrical and thermal properties on RF ablation of breast cancer: is the tumour preferentially heated?Vilhelm Ekstrand
Department of Surgical Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Biomed Eng Online 4:41. 2005..The object of this study was to investigate if this preferential heating existed during experimental in vitro protocols and during computer simulations...
- [Implantation of a non-cemented acetabulum with the use of a navigation system]V Stipcák
Ortopedické oddĕlení Nemocnice Znojmo
Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech 71:288-91. 2004..To compare, on the basis of clinical and radiographic findings, the results of non-cemented acetabulum implantation involving the use of a CT-free navigation system with those of implantation without its use...
- An intra-operative positron probe with background rejection capability for FDG-guided surgerySeiichi Yamamoto
Department of Electrical Engineering, Kobe City College of Technology, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 19:23-8. 2005..These results indicate that our developed intra-operative positron probe is valuable for radio-guided surgery on tumors using F-18-FDG in a high flux of background annihilation gamma photons...
- Modeling for radio-frequency conductive keratoplasty: implications for the maximum temperature reached in the corneaEnrique J Berjano
Center for Research and Innovation on Bioengineering, Valencia Polytechnic University, Camino de Vera s n, 46022 Valencia, Spain
Physiol Meas 26:157-72. 2005....
- Fractures associated with computer-navigated total knee arthroplasty. A report of two casesHo Joong Jung
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical Center of Chung Ang University, 224 1 Heukseok dong, Dongjak Gu, Seoul 156 755, Republic of Korea
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:2280-4. 2007
- PET probe-guided surgerySeza A Gulec
Center for Cancer Care, Goshen Health System, Goshen, IN, USA
J Surg Oncol 96:353-7. 2007..Due to high-energy photon fluxes, achieving a satisfactory TBR intraoperatively is challenging and requires development of a clinically feasible PET-probe guided surgery protocol...
- Radio-guided surgery in neuroendocrine tumorsSeza A Gulec
Center for Cancer Care at Goshen Health System, Goshen, IN, USA
J Surg Oncol 96:309-15. 2007..Somatostatin analog radiopharmacy continues to evolve to include the development of more selective and higher affinity analogs and PET tracers. These changes are expected to open new venues for radio-guided surgery technology...
- Image-guided sinus surgery: practical considerationsRalph Metson
Department of Otology and Laryngology Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 38:527-34. 2005..Surgeons who use this technology must do so with an appreciation of its potential benefits, as well as its possible pitfalls...
- [Computer assisted orthopedics surgery]E Stindel
CHU de Brest, Service d Orthopedie, traumatologie et chirurgie réparatrice, Hopital de la Cavale Blanche, Boulevard Tanguy Prigent, 29609 Brest Cedex
Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot 93:2S11-32. 2007..We will terminate this round table with a presentation of future technological advances and propose our advice for an increasingly widespread use of these new techniques...
- Functional impact of navigation-assisted minimally invasive total knee arthroplastyJong Keun Seon
Center for Joint Disease, Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital, Jeonnam, Korea
Orthopedics 28:s1251-4. 2005....
- Process optimization in navigated total knee arthroplastyTim Alexander Walde
Nordwestkrankenhaus Sanderbusch, Sande, Germany
Orthopedics 28:s1255-8. 2005..For all patients, alignment was within 3 degrees varus/valgus postoperatively, and the mean Knee Society Score improved from 25 points preoperatively to 83 points 6 weeks postoperatively...
- Theoretical modeling for radiofrequency ablation: state-of-the-art and challenges for the futureEnrique J Berjano
Center for Research and Innovation on Bioengineering, Valencia Polytechnic University, Camino de Vera s n, 46022 Valencia, Spain
Biomed Eng Online 5:24. 2006..After analyzing the current and future benefits of this technique it finally suggests future lines and trends in the research of this area...
- Three-dimensional rotational X-ray navigation for needle guidance in percutaneous vertebroplasty: an accuracy studyEverine B van de Kraats
Image Sciences Institute, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:1359-64. 2006....
- Navigation in total knee arthroplasty. A multicenter studyF Maculé-Beneyto
Knee Surgery Unit, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Int Orthop 30:536-40. 2006..001). No significant differences were found in the final angle of the extremity with the different navigation systems. The navigation systems used in this study improve the frontal angle of the arthroplasty...
- Computer navigation of the acetabular component: a cadaver reliability studyJ M F Spencer
Department of Medical Engineering and Physics, Royal Perth Hospital, 6 Selby Street, Shenton Park, Perth 6008, Western Australia
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:972-5. 2006..3 degrees ). The present method for registering pelvic landmarks shows significant inaccuracy, which highlights the need for improved methods of registration before this technique is considered to be safe...
- Accuracy of acetabular component positioning with a fluoroscopically referenced CAOS systemJames B Stiehl
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Columbia St Mary s Hospital, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Comput Aided Surg 10:321-7. 2005..This study evaluated the accuracy, repeatability, and reproducibility of a fluoroscopic referenced system used for guiding acetabular component positioning...
- Femoral stress fracture after computer navigated total knee arthroplastyChristian Ossendorf
Balgrist University Hospital, Department of Orthopedics, University of Zurich Forchstr 340, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Knee 13:397-9. 2006..However, every new technique is associated with its own complications. Here, we report on a patient who developed a distal femoral stress fracture after two attempts at fixing the navigation tracker...
- [Optimization of cup positioning in THA--comparison between conventional mechanical instrumentation and computer-assisted implanted cups by using the orthopilot navigation system]A Ottersbach
Orthopädische Klinik im St Vincenz Hospital, Danziger Str 17, 33034 Brakel
Z Orthop Ihre Grenzgeb 143:611-5. 2005..The goal of the current study was to determine the accuracy of free-hand and computer-assisted cup replacement...
- The efficacy of computer assisted surgery in the endoscopic management of cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrheaAbtin Tabaee
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:936-43. 2005To determine the outcome of endoscopic repair of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) rhinorrhea with and without computer assisted surgery.
- The role of a positron- and high-energy gamma photon probe in intraoperative localization of recurrent melanomaBenjamin L Franc
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0252, USA
Clin Nucl Med 30:787-91. 2005....
- Nationwide survey on the use of image-guided functional endoscopic sinus surgeryEdward J Hepworth
Associates of Otolaryngology, P C, 950 E Harvard Avenue, Denver, CO 80210, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:68-73. 2006..To evaluate impressions and usage of sinus surgery image-guided surgical (IGS) systems by ENT surgeons in the United States...
- How does soft tissue distribution affect anteversion accuracy of the palpation procedure in image-free acetabular cup navigation? An ultrasonographic assessmentJens A Richolt
Orthopaedic University Clinic, Friedrichsheim Foundation, Marienburgstrasse 2, D 60528 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Comput Aided Surg 10:87-92. 2005..In comparison with these permitted +/- 10 degrees windows, the amount of misinterpretation that was found due to uneven soft tissue distribution seems to be acceptable...
- [The history and development of computer assisted orthopaedic surgery]J Y Jenny
Centre de Traumatologie et d Orthopedie, 10 avenue Baumann, F 67400, Illkirch, Fankreich
Orthopade 35:1038-42. 2006..Currently, several applications for computer assisted surgery are available...
- Orientation of the acetabular component. A comparison of five navigation systems with conventional surgical techniqueM Honl
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, LKH Klagenfurt, A 9020 Klagenfurt, St Veiter Strasse 47, Carinthia, Austria
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:1401-5. 2006..966). The use of computer navigation helps a surgeon to orientate the acetabular component with less variation regarding inclination and anteversion...
- Radiofrequency ablation of hepatic tumors: simulation, planning, and contribution of virtual reality and hapticsCaroline Villard
LSIIT, Boulevard Sebastien Brant, Illkirch, F67400, France
Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin 8:215-27. 2005..We also studied how the use of virtual reality and haptic devices are valuable to make simulation and training realistic and effective...
- Experiences with computer navigated total knee arthroplastyZoltán Bejek
Department of Orthopedics, Semmelweis University Budapest, Karolina u 27, Budapest, Hungary
Int Orthop 31:617-22. 2007..The decision is in the hands of the doctor during the entire procedure. The real benefits of the computer navigated technique require further research and can be determined only after long-term analyses...
- Preliminary radiological evaluation of the Vector Vision CT-free knee module for implantation of the LCS knee prosthesisM H A Malik
Arrowe Park Hospital, Wirral NHS Trust, Upton, Wirral CH49 5PE, United Kingdom
Knee 14:19-21. 2007We have assessed the bone cuts achieved at surgery as compared to the planned cuts produced during computer assisted surgery (CAS) using a CT-free navigation system...
- [Radiologic evaluation of cup placement variation in conventional total hip arthroplasty]U Leichtle
Orthopadische Klinik, Universitätsklinik Tübingen
Rofo 179:46-52. 2007..Determination of the amount of variation in conventional acetabular cup positioning (radiological inclination and anteversion) in view of different factors that could influence the measured angles...
- Robotic technology in surgery: past, present, and futureDavid B Camarillo
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Am J Surg 188:2S-15S. 2004..Such advances will enable continued progress in surgical instrumentation and, ultimately, surgical care...
- Initial experience with the four-arm computer-enhanced telesurgery device in foregut surgeryMatthew E Newlin
Department of Surgery and Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery, Ohio State University School of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus, 43210, USA
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 14:121-4. 2004..In this report, we describe our experience with the da Vinci robot with a fourth arm modification for the performance of selected surgical procedures...
- The accuracy of free-hand cup positioning--a CT based measurement of cup placement in 105 total hip arthroplastiesG Saxler
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122, Germany
Int Orthop 28:198-201. 2004..and found that only 27/105 cups were implanted within the limits of the safe position. We conclude that a safe position as defined by Lewinnek et al.  was only achieved in a minority of the cups that were implanted freehand...
- Greater accuracy in positioning of the acetabular cup by using an image-free navigation systemT Kalteis
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Regensburg, Bad Abbach, Germany
Int Orthop 29:272-6. 2005..001 each). While only 11/22 of the cups in the control group were within the Lewinnek safe zone, 21/23 of the cups in the study group were placed in this target region (p=0.003)...
- Thermal-electrical modeling for epicardial atrial radiofrequency ablationEnrique J Berjano
Departamento de Ingenieria Electronica, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia Camino de Vera s n, Valencia, Spain
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 51:1348-57. 2004..It was also proved that the presence of a fat layer between the electrode and the atrial tissue decreased significantly the lesion dimensions...
- Three-dimensional computer-aided endoscopic sinus surgeryF J Uddin
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
J Laryngol Otol 117:333-9. 2003..It can augment the learning curve and enhance teaching and training in endoscopic sinus surgery but it is not a substitute for a thorough knowledge of paranasal sinus anatomy...
- Computer-assisted orthopaedic surgery: do we need CAOS?J M Sikorski
Hollywood Private Hospital, Nedlands, Western Australia
J Bone Joint Surg Br 85:319-23. 2003
- Mini-incision technique for total hip arthroplasty with navigationAnthony M DiGioia
Institute for Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15242, USA
J Arthroplasty 18:123-8. 2003..05), distance walked (P<.001), and stairs (P < 0.001). There was no significant difference between groups for pain, function, or range of motion at the 1-year follow-up examination...
- Reduction in variability of acetabular cup abduction using computer assisted surgery: a prospective and randomized studyT Leenders
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital of Antwerp, Belgium
Comput Aided Surg 7:99-106. 2002..to position the cup, although these procedures were performed in the period after we had begun using the Computer Assisted Surgery (CAS) system. The variability in cup abduction angle was assessed in all three groups and compared...
- Evaluation of component positioning in primary total hip arthroplasty using an imageless navigation device compared with traditional methodsBrian C Najarian
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Arthroplasty 24:15-21. 2009..Navigation provided controlled, reproducible acetabular alignment; but a learning curve existed in terms of accuracy, estimated blood loss, and operating room time...
- Radiological results of image-based and non-image-based computer-assisted total knee arthroplastyH Bathis
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Regensburg, PO Box 100662, 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Int Orthop 28:87-90. 2004..No significant differences were found for varus/valgus orientation of the femoral and tibial components...
- Computer-assisted navigation in total knee replacement: results of an initial experience in thirty-five patientsS David Stulberg
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 84:90-8. 2002
- Robotic assisted radio-frequency ablation of liver tumors--randomized patient studyA Patriciu
The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 8:526-33. 2005..The results of this study show that in our case robotic interventions were a very viable solution. Several treatment parameters such as radiation exposures and procedure-times were found to be significantly improved in the robotic case...
- Endoscopic navigation for minimally invasive suturingChristian Wengert
Computer Vision Laboratory, ETH Zurich, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 10:620-7. 2007..Finally, a visual navigation aid can be incorporated, if a 3D surface is intraoperatively reconstructed from video or registered from preoperative imaging...
- [Sources of error and risks in CT based navigation]M Arand
Abteilung fur Unfallchirurgie, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Universitat Ulm, Steinhovelstrasse 9, 89075 Ulm
Orthopade 31:378-84. 2002..Further, the CT-based navigation of fractured vertebrae or unstable iliosacral joints is not safe, because dislocations between acquisition of the dataset and operation will lead to misguidance...
- Soft-tissue motion tracking and structure estimation for robotic assisted MIS proceduresDanail Stoyanov
Royal Society Wolfson Foundation Medical Image Computing Laboratory, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London SW7 2BZ, UK
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 8:139-46. 2005..The practical value of the technique is demonstrated on both a deformable phantom model with tomographically derived surface geometry and in vivo robotic assisted minimally invasive surgery (MIS) image sequences...
- [Stereotactic telepresence in otorhinolaryngologic surgery]W Freysinger
4D Visualisierung, Klinische Abteilung für allgemeine Hals, Nasen und Ohrenerkrankungen, Klinik fur Hals, Nasen und Ohrenheilkunde, Universitat Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Osterreich
HNO 50:424-32. 2002..Thus, optimal access paths and anatomical structures such as the a. carotis interna or the n. opticus can be displayed...
- Virtual reality system for planning minimally invasive neurosurgery. Technical noteAxel Thomas Stadie
Neuosurgery Clinic, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Neurosurg 108:382-94. 2008..The authors report on their experience with a 3D virtual reality system for planning minimally invasive neurosurgical procedures...
- Verification of clinical precision after computer-aided reconstruction in craniomaxillofacial surgeryMarc Christian Metzger
Department of Craniomaxillofacial Surgery, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 104:e1-10. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of the preoperative planning and the postoperative result regarding the skeletal reconstruction...
- Data-fusion display system with volume rendering of intraoperatively scanned CT imagesMitsuhiro Hayashibe
Institute for High Dimensional Medical Imaging, Jikei Univ School of Medicine, 4 11 1, Izumihoncho, Komae shi, Tokyo 201 8601, Japan
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 8:559-66. 2005..The system performance was validated in an experiment carried out in the operating room...
- A review of the endoscopic approach to the pituitary through the sphenoid sinusMarc R Rosen
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, 925 Chestnut St, 6th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 14:6-13. 2006..The refinement of minimally invasive endoscopic techniques has resulted in 'pure' endoscopic endonasal trans-sphenoidal surgery, which is a new approach for the removal of pituitary tumors...
- Stereo display of 3D ultrasound images for surgical robot guidancePaul M Novotny
Division of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:1509-12. 2006..Results indicate that subjects were able to complete surgical tasks 35 % faster with stereo-displayed 3DUS images compared to conventional two dimensional display of 3DUS...
- [CRANIO--development of a system for computer- and robot-assisted craniotomy]P Bast
Institut für Biomedizinische Technologien, RWTH Aachen, Deutschland
Biomed Tech (Berl) 47:9-11. 2002..In this context, work space tests were performed with a hexapod parallel robot. The milling of any contour geometry could be realized with different tool angles using the existing CRIGOS robot system without additional axes...
- Automatic generation of hexahedral and tetrahedral meshesP Zerfass
Surgical Systems Lab, Research Center Caesar Friedensplatz 16, 53111 Bonn, Germany
Biomed Tech (Berl) 47:79-82. 2002..The software creates a pipeline to automatically construct meshed datasets for finite element modelling from presegmented patient data...
- Design and development of a computer assisted glenoid implantation technique for shoulder replacement surgeryDuong Nguyen
Bioengineering Research Laboratory, The Hand and Upper Limb Centre, St Joseph s Health Care London, London, Ontario, Canada
Comput Aided Surg 12:152-9. 2007..The objective of this study was to develop and evaluate a Computer Assisted Glenoid Implantation (CAGI) technique to achieve a more accurate and reliable placement of the glenoid component...
- A probabilistic framework for tracking deformable soft tissue in minimally invasive surgeryPeter Mountney
Department of Computing, Imperial College, London SW7 2BZ, UK
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 10:34-41. 2007..The performance of the proposed method is evaluated with both simulated data with known ground truth, as well as in vivo video sequences recorded from robotic assisted MIS procedures...
- A new registration/visualization paradigm for CT-fluoroscopy guided RF liver ablationRuxandra Micu
Chair for Computer Aided Medical Procedures, TU Munich, Germany
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 9:882-90. 2006..Experiments on synthetic and real patient data and direct feedback of two interventionalists validate our alternative approach...
- High Intensity Ultrasound in GastroenterologyJOO HWANG; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is anticipated that this work will help to gain a better understanding of the mechanisms of HIFU and its potential role for other GI applications such as tumor therapy. ..
- AAOS Multi-Year Research Symposia for 2006-2010Christopher H Evans; Fiscal Year: 2010..Fracture Repair: Critical Issues in Furthering our Understanding (2007), Musculoskeletal Imaging and Computer Assisted Surgery (2008), Orthopaedic Randomized Clinical Trials: Opportunities and Challenges (2009), and Musculoskeletal ..
- AAOS/NIH Mulit-Year Research Symposia for 2005-2009Christopher Evans; Fiscal Year: 2005..Disc Degeneration (2005), Developmental Biology and Orthopaedics (2006), Musculoskeletal Imaging and Computer Assisted Surgery (2007), Senior Sports and Aging (2008), Clinical Trials in Orthopaedics (2009)...
- Computer Assisted Surgery Prenatal Cardiac InterventionConstantinos Nikou; Fiscal Year: 2004..In Phase Two, we will conduct in vivo tests of the sensors in appropriate animal models. ..
- Software Selective Focus for Cell AnalysisGregory Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2004..even larger market in medical industrial and consumer applications: Surgical imaging used in remote and computer assisted surgery, Diagnostic imaging applications, e.g...
- A General Model of Saccadic Selectivity in Visual SearchMarc Pomplun; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover, the results of the study can directly be applied to improve current human-computer interfaces for computer-assisted surgery and x-ray image analysis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Computer Assisted Surgery Prenatal Cardiac InterventionConstantinos Nikou; Fiscal Year: 2006..This technology has broad applicability to other ultrasound-guided procedures in the fetus, child, and adult. ..
- CORE SEGMENTATION TOOLS FOR COMPUTER ASSISTED SURGERYRon Kikinis; Fiscal Year: 2001..The segmentation algorithms will be enhanced and expanded, and protocols will be developed to assess their reproducibility, accuracy, and precision, based on currently accepted standard comparative measures. ..
- CORE SEGMENTATION TOOLS FOR COMPUTER ASSISTED SURGERYRon Kikinis; Fiscal Year: 2002..The segmentation algorithms will be enhanced and expanded, and protocols will be developed to assess their reproducibility, accuracy, and precision, based on currently accepted standard comparative measures. ..
- Minimally Invasive Vertebral Tracking System for CASNeil Glossop; Fiscal Year: 2002..The instrumentation developed here will be offered to computer assisted surgery (CAS) vendors for incorporation into their product lines.
- Image-Guided Otologic SurgeryRobert Labadie; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is anticipated that this system will make ear surgery safer and more efficient. ..
- Robotic MastoidectomyRobert Labadie; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is hypothesized that this strategy will be more efficient than either the human or robotic interventions examined in Specific Aim 2. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OR2020 Workshop: Operating Room of the FutureKevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2004..The workshop is currently scheduled to be held from April 16-17, 2004, at Turf Valley Conference Center in Ellicot City, Maryland. ..
- Developing computerized tools for cryosurgery planningYoed Rabin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such visualization capabilities will provide surgeons with insights into the physics of cryosurgery that are difficult to obtain from physical experiments or surgical practice. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Software Toolkit for Image Guided SurgeryKevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2005..Dissemination activities will be undertaken with the aim of fostering the use of the toolkit in research and clinical applications. ..
- Robotically Assisted Mouse InterventionsKevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. Perform a feasibility study using 10 mice to demonstrate the ability of the robot to biopsy the mouse flank as selected on the MRI images and evaluate the accuracy of the system. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Beta-Sensitive Probe System for Use in EndoscopyRAYMOND RAYLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- CT fluoroscopy guided robotically assisted lung biopsyKevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2005..The system will be validated in phantom and animal studies. The R33 phase will result in a system that is ready for clinical trials. ..
- Continued Development for The Image-guided Surgical Toolkit Project (IGSTK)Kevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Thermo mechanical stress in cryopreserved blood vesselsYoed Rabin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Although the experimental work in this study is targeted to blood vessels, the results of this study could be expanded and become useful for a wide variety of cryopreserved natural tissues and engineered constructs. ..
- High Resolution Imaging Endoscopic ProbeNicusor Iftimia; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is evident that earlier diagnosis results in an improved outcome, decreased morbidity and reduced mortality from disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Intraoperative 3T MRI Scanner for Minimally Invasive TherapyFerenc Jolesz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Haptic Feedback for Robot-Assisted Surgical SystemsAllison Okamura; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- In Vivo PCL BiomechanicsGuoan Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our image technique will be further applicable to other soft tissue injuries such as cartilage defects and soft tissue defects in the shoulder, hip, wrist, ankle and spine. ..
- IMAGE GUIDED THERAPY CENTERFerenc Jolesz; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- In-vivo ACL TensionGuoan Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..This methodology can be readily extended to investigate and optimize the treatment of soft tissue injures of other articular joints such as the spine, shoulder, wrist and ankle. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Deformable image registration and reconstruction for radiotherapy applicationsMartin J Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2010..The third aim of the project is to develop measurement and validation procedures to assess the accuracy and reliability of these novel image registration and reconstruction techniques. ..
- Image Overlay for MRI-Guided Needle InsertionsJOHN ANTHONY CARRINO; Fiscal Year: 2010..It can also reduce variability among practitioners, facilitate training, and serve as a research validation tool by providing precisely placed minimally invasive percutaneous conduit under MR guidance. ..
- Bioimage Suite: A structural, functional and metabolic image analysis platformXenophon Papademetris; Fiscal Year: 2009..g. diabetes, cardiovascular disease, autism, epilepsy), planning therapy (e.g. neurosurgery) and evaluating other proposed treatment procedures (e.g. new drugs) ..
- Machine Learning for Improved Mammography ScreeningElizabeth S Burnside; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- 2008 Summer Bioengineering ConferenceBaruch Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Angiogenesis and Cardiac Growth as Heart Failure TherapyY Woo; Fiscal Year: 2008..The candidate's institution, sponsor, and chairman provide a uniquely supportive, high-caliber, educationally stimulating environment highly conducive to the achievement of these goals. ..
- Real-Time Monitoring of Laser Ablation with OCTBRIAN GOLDBERG; Fiscal Year: 2008..Although our approach is applicable to a spectrum of diseases, we will specifically focus on the treatment of Barrett's esophagus. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Image-guided intervention system for pancreatic cancerNicusor Iftimia; Fiscal Year: 2007..An animal study will be performed as well to test the efficiency of laser therapy. ..
- Novel Cancer Targeting Mechanism for Nuclear ImagingBenjamin Franc; Fiscal Year: 2006..In summary, the targeting strategy developed in this project aims to open the door to novel cancer targets for nuclear imaging. ..
- Na Channels in Afferents after Bladder ObstructionWilliam Steers; Fiscal Year: 2006..Insight into these cellular processes could be exploited to develop afferent based treatments for OAB employing pharmacologic, molecular or gene based strategies. ..
- Eliciting Truly Informed ConsentWilliam Hendee; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CEREBRAL MITOCHONDRIAL METABOLISM IN NEURODEGENERATIONWilliam Powers; Fiscal Year: 2004..If such studies yield consistent results, they will establish the basis for the utilization of platelet rnitochondrial function assays to monitor cerebral mitochondrial metabolism. ..
- 3D CORONARY RECONSTRUCTION AND MULTIMODALITY FUSIONShiuh Yung Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ONTOGENY OF GABAA RECEPTOR COMPLEX MEASURED WITH PETOtto Muzik; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Prostate Cancer Screening With Electrical Impedance MeasurementsAlexander Hartov; Fiscal Year: 2010..We also will develop new electronics and reconstruction techniques applicable to this configuration. This project capitalizes on our group's extensive experience in impedance imaging. ..
- IN VIVO IMAGING OF FORMATION OF HEPATIC METASTASESJonathan Kruskal; Fiscal Year: 2002..This project will allow identification of a series of in vivo steps that can be used to explore novel diagnostic and therapeutic probes in animal studies. ..
- Cryosurgery with Electrical Impedance TomographyAlexander Hartov; Fiscal Year: 2001..The integration of EIT capabilities with their existing equipment would constitutive a unique and possible very significant improvement in the current state of the art in cryosurgery. ..
- Software tools for pediatric neuroimagingOtto Muzik; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this determination will impact upon a large number of children with uncontrolled epilepsy as well as other neurological disorders. ..
- Transrectal Ultrasound Ablation Of The ProstateGabor Fichtinger; Fiscal Year: 2004..The resulting system will be tested on canine subjects and in a limited manner on human patients. The endpoint of the proposed research is a system for which IRB approval can be sought to conduct clinical trials. ..
- Biomechanical Modeling for Steerable NeedlesAllison Okamura; Fiscal Year: 2005..A particular challenge is the development of new modeling techniques that simultaneously handle needle and tissue deformation. ..
- Electromagnetic Tracking of Tumors for RadiotherapyMartin Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2006..The augmented Calypso targeting system will be designed for integration into existing radiation therapy systems to provide enhanced beam targeting capability. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Minimally Invasive Approaches for Craniofacial SurgeryMaria Troulis; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Substrate Mapping & Ablation of Ventricular TachycardiaVivek Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ROLE OF FDG-PET, 1H-MRSI, AND MSI IN EPILEPSY SURGERYRobert Knowlton; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- PET Imaging of the Pancreas in Murine Models of DiabetesPaige Clark; Fiscal Year: 2005..The method could also be useful in evaluating the function of pancreatic transplants and successful engraftment of transplanted progenitor or beta cells. ..
- Gene methylation in glioma and normal glial cellsJustin Smith; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, comparison of methylation patterns may: 1) identify subtype-specific markers to aid in classifying gliomas and 2) provide clues to the cells of origin of gliomas. ..
- Steering Flexible Needles in Soft TissueALLISON MARIKO OKAMURA; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- RETROSPECTIVE IMAGE REGISTRATION EVALUATIONJ Fitzpatrick; Fiscal Year: 2003..The objective assessment provided by this project should foster improvement of the accuracy of retrospective registration techniques. ..
- RETROSPECTIVE IMAGE REGISTRATION EVALUATIONJ Fitzpatrick; Fiscal Year: 2002..The objective assessment provided by this project should foster improvement of the accuracy of retrospective registration techniques. ..
- HIGH SPEED GRADIENT DRIVER UPGRADE FOR IMRI SCANNERR Butts; Fiscal Year: 2001..This upgrade will allow us to bring all applications into the real-time regime which is absolutely critical for interventional procedures. ..
- Novel Signaling Targets in GI Neuroendocrine TumorsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The possibility that raf-l-mediated hormone suppression could be induced by a soluble factor would provide a plausible, therapeutic delivery method. ..
- Phase II Clinical Trial Utilizing Lithium for Patients with Neuroendocrine TumorsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Besides surgery, there are limited curative and palliative treatments available to patients with metastatic NE tumors, emphasizing the need for development of other forms of therapy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Signaling Pathways in Medullary Thyroid CancerHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..