Summary: Designated locations along nerves or organ meridians for inserting acupuncture needles.
Publications179 found, 100 shown here
- New findings of the correlation between acupoints and corresponding brain cortices using functional MRIZ H Cho
Department of Radiological Sciences, Psychiatry, and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:2670-3. 1998A preliminary study of the correlation between acupuncture points (acupoints) for the treatment of eye disorders suggested by ancient Oriental literature and the corresponding brain localization for vision described by Western medicine ..
- Modulation of gene expression in cholesterol-lowering effect of electroacupuncture at Fenglong acupoint (ST40): a cDNA microarray studyMin Li
Sichuan Key Lab of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, College of Life Science, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, P R China
Int J Mol Med 19:617-29. 2007..The comprehensive gene expression profile analysis appears particularly useful in the search for EA-induced changes in cholesterol regulation...
- Electrical properties of acupuncture points and meridians: a systematic reviewAndrew C Ahn
Division for Research and Education in Complementary and Integrative Medical Therapies, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Bioelectromagnetics 29:245-56. 2008According to conventional wisdom within the acupuncture community, acupuncture points and meridians are special conduits for electrical signals...
- Investigation of specificity of auricular acupuncture points in regulation of autonomic function in anesthetized ratsXin Yan Gao
School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong Baptist University, 7 Baptist University Road, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Auton Neurosci 138:50-6. 2008..Rather, there is a similar pattern of autonomic changes in response to auricular acupuncture, with variable intensity depending on the area of stimulation...
- Partial correlation investigation on the default mode network involved in acupuncture: an fMRI studyPeng Liu
School of Sino Dutch Biomedical and Information Engineering, Northeastern University, Shenyang, Liaoning 110004, China
Neurosci Lett 462:183-7. 2009..We suggested that the distinct modulation patterns to the DMN attributed to the different effects evoked by the three acupoints and one sham point...
- Effects of minimal acupuncture in children with infantile colic - a prospective, quasi-randomised single blind controlled trialMarianne Reinthal
Department of Paediatrics, Institute of Health and Caring Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden
Acupunct Med 26:171-82. 2008..Treatments are generally not totally effective and some cause side effects. In this study we aimed to test the effect of light needling (minimal acupuncture) on crying...
- Are minimal, superficial or sham acupuncture procedures acceptable as inert placebo controls?Irene Lund
Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Acupunct Med 24:13-5. 2006....
- Enhanced insulin sensitivity using electroacupuncture on bilateral Zusanli acupoints (ST 36) in ratsShih Liang Chang
Graduate Institute of Integration of Chinese and Western Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung City, Taiwan, ROC
Life Sci 79:967-71. 2006..Thus, EA should be considered as an alternative method for improving insulin sensitivity and/or increase insulin-hypoglycemic activity in rats...
- Brain imaging of acupuncture: comparing superficial with deep needlingHugh MacPherson
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, YO10 5DD, United Kingdom
Neurosci Lett 434:144-9. 2008The difference between superficial and deep needling at acupuncture points has yet to be mapped with functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)...
- Involvement of serotonin in the hypoglycemic response to 2 Hz electroacupuncture of zusanli acupoint (ST36) in ratsShih Liang Chang
Graduate Institute of Integration Chinese and Western Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Neurosci Lett 379:69-73. 2005..Furthermore, injection of serotonin decreased the plasma glucose levels significantly. Therefore, we suggest that serotonin also involved in the hypoglycemic action of 2 Hz EA at both zusanli acupoints of normal rats...
- Effect of electrical stimulation on acupuncture points in diabetic patients with gastric dysrhythmia: a pilot studyC S Chang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, 160, Sec 3, Chung Kang Road, Taichung 407, Taiwan
Digestion 64:184-90. 2001..In this study, we aimed at evaluating the effect of acupuncture on gastric slow waves in diabetic patients with symptoms suggesting gastric motor dysfunction...
- Evidence of enhanced non-enzymatic generation of nitric oxide on the skin surface of acupuncture points: An innovative approach in humansSheng Xing Ma
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California at Los Angeles, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, 1124 W Carson Street, RB 1, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Nitric Oxide 17:60-8. 2007The present study quantified total nitrate and nitrite (NOx-) collected from the skin surface along acupuncture points (acupoints) and determined whether non-enzymatic reduction of nitrate by bacteria is involved in chemical generation of ..
- Human acupuncture points mapped in rats are associated with excitable muscle/skin-nerve complexes with enriched nerve endingsAi-Hui Li
Department of Physiology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 5 Dong Dan San Tiao, Beijing 100005, PR China
Brain Res 1012:154-9. 2004..mechanisms of acupuncture, we have tried to correlate the distribution of afferent nerve endings with acupuncture points (AP) in the rat hind limbs...
- Surface electrostimulation of acupuncture points for sedation of critically ill patients in the intensive care unit--a pilot studySandeep Nayak
Intensive Care Unit, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, UK
Acupunct Med 26:1-7. 2008This is a pilot study to investigate the effects of electrostimulation of acupuncture points on sedation and the dose of sedatives in the Intensive Care Unit.
- Do acupuncture points exist?Xiaohui Yan
Department of Physics, Surface Physics Laboratory State Key Laboratory, and Synchrotron Radiation Research Center of Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
Phys Med Biol 54:N143-50. 2009..synchrotron x-ray fluorescence analysis to probe the distribution of four chemical elements in and around acupuncture points, two located in the forearm and two in the lower leg...
- Comparison of visual cortical activations induced by electro-acupuncture at vision and nonvision-related acupointsYi Zhang
Life Science Research Center, School of Electronic Engineering, Xidian University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710071, China
Neurosci Lett 458:6-10. 2009..Our results revealed that acupuncture at vision and nonvision-related acupoints can induce similar activations in spatial distribution but different modulation effects temporally...
- Developing and validating a sham cupping deviceMyeong Soo Lee
Division of Clinical Medicine, Pusan National University, Yangsan 626 870, South Korea
Acupunct Med 28:200-4. 2010..The aims of this study were to develop a sham cupping device and to validate its use as a placebo control for healthy volunteers...
- Cupping for hypertension: a systematic reviewMyeong Soo Lee
Division of Standard Research, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon, South Korea
Clin Exp Hypertens 32:423-5. 2010..In conclusion, the evidence is not significantly convincing to suggest cupping is effective for treating hypertension. Further research is required to investigate whether it generates any specific effects for that condition...
- Functional neuroanatomical investigation of vision-related acupuncture point specificity--a multisession fMRI studyJian Kong
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 30:38-46. 2009The concept that specific acupuncture points have salubrious effects on distant target organ systems is a salient feature of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)...
- Characterization of the "deqi" response in acupunctureKathleen K S Hui
Athinoula A, Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 7:33. 2007....
- Acupuncture de qi, from qualitative history to quantitative measurementJian Kong
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Altern Complement Med 13:1059-70. 2007....
- The soreness and numbness effect of acupuncture on skin blood flowTsun Cheng Kuo
Department of Cosmetic Science, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Taiwan, R O C
Am J Chin Med 32:117-29. 2004..when the test person felt the sore and numb De-Qi sensation, there was an increase of blood flow at the acupuncture points. Thus, our results suggest that increased flow may be one of the mechanisms accounting for meridian system ..
- Point specificity of acupuncture in the light of recent clinical and imaging studiesAnthony Campbell
Royal London Homeipathic Hospital, London, UK
Acupunct Med 24:118-22. 2006..This understanding could offer a way out of the sterile debate about whether acupuncture is merely a placebo: acupuncture could be one effective way of stimulating responses within these deep areas of the brain, though not the only way...
- Effects of acupuncture on skin and muscle blood flow in healthy subjectsMargareta Sandberg
Division of Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences and Pain and Rehabilitation Centre, University Hospital, 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Eur J Appl Physiol 90:114-9. 2003..The results indicate that the intensity of the needling is of importance, the DeQi stimulation resulting in the most pronounced increase in both skin and muscle blood flow...
- Detection of ear acupuncture points by measuring the electrical skin resistance in patients before, during and after orthopedic surgery performed under general anesthesiaTaras I Usichenko
Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine Department, University of Greifswald, Germany
Acupunct Electrother Res 28:167-73. 2003The aim was to study the detection of ear acupuncture points (EAP) by measuring the electrical skin resistance under general anesthesia...
- Anatomy for the acupuncturist--facts & fiction. 3: Upper & lower extremityElmar Peuker
Department of Anatomy, Clinical Anatomy Division, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Acupunct Med 21:122-32. 2003..This article describes the anatomy of the upper limb and shoulder girdle, and lower limb and pelvis, relevant to safe needling practice...
- Reliability of the Prognos electrodermal device for measurements of electrical skin resistance at acupuncture pointsAgatha P Colbert
Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research, Portland, OR, USA
J Altern Complement Med 10:610-6. 2004..reliability study of this device with measurements of electrical skin resistance (ESR) at 24 Jing-well acupuncture points (APs)...
- Microcirculatory characteristics of acupuncture points obtained by laser Doppler flowmetryHsin Hsiu
Department of Electrical Engineering, Yuan Ze University, Taoyuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
Physiol Meas 28:N77-86. 2007b>Acupuncture points (acupoints) form part of the meridian system that constitutes the most fundamental concept in oriental medicine, but their physiological basis has not been clarified...
- A birdcage model for the Chinese Meridian System: part I. A channel as a transmission lineKaung Ti Yung
Department of Physics, Geneva College, PA 15010, USA
Am J Chin Med 32:815-28. 2004..Kirlian photograph may serve as a visual observation of the EM waves on channels...
- Specific acupuncture sensation correlates with EEGs and autonomic changes in human subjectsShigekazu Sakai
System Emotional Science, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Toyama, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Auton Neurosci 133:158-69. 2007....
- Acupuncture needle sensations associated with De Qi: a classification based on experts' ratingsHugh MacPherson
Foundation for Traditional Chinese Medicine, York, UK
J Altern Complement Med 12:633-7. 2006..In experimental trials of acupuncture in which the needle sensation is an important variable, a quantitative measure is needed to monitor and control for variability in de qi...
- Changes in FMRI in the human brain related to different durations of manual acupuncture needlingKe Li
Key Laboratory of Nuclear Analysis Techniques, Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, People's Republic of China
J Altern Complement Med 12:615-23. 2006..In addition, the results might be helpful to understand the relationship between the central nervous system responses and the durations of acupuncture...
- Effective regularity in modulation on gastric motility induced by different acupoint stimulationYu-Qing Li
Institute of Acupuncture-Moxibustion, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, 16 Nanxiaojie of Dongzhimennei, Beijing 100700, China
World J Gastroenterol 12:7642-8. 2006....
- Cochrane systematic reviews examine P6 acupuncture-point stimulation for nausea and vomitingJeanette Ezzo
JPS Enterprises, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Altern Complement Med 12:489-95. 2006..The acupuncture point, P6 had been the point used in most of the trials...
- Electrophysiological assessment of acupuncture pointsMu-Jung Kao
China Medical University and the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Taipei City Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 85:443-8. 2006..This study provides additional support to the hypothesis that some AcPs are also myofascial trigger points...
- Double-blind evaluation of implants of gold wire at acupuncture points in the dog as a treatment for osteoarthritis induced by hip dysplasiaA Hielm-Bjorkman
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Helsinki, Finland
Vet Rec 149:452-6. 2001Thirty-eight dogs with hip dysplasia were studied to evaluate the use of gold wire implants at acupuncture points around the hip joints. They were assigned at random into two groups of 19...
- Somatotopic representation of acupoints in human primary somatosensory cortex: an FMRI studyAsuka Nakagoshi
Department of Neurosurgery, Meiji University of Oriental Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Magn Reson Med Sci 4:187-9. 2005
- Electroacupuncture at ST-36 accelerates colonic motility and transit in freely moving conscious ratsMasahiro Iwa
Department of Surgery, Duke University and Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G285-92. 2006..Barrington's nucleus plays an important role in mediating EA-induced distal colonic motility in conscious rats...
- Crossover clinical trial to determine the effect of manual acupuncture at Siguan points (bilateral LI4 and LR3) on intestinal motility in healthy subjectsY K Yim
Department of Meridian and Acupoint, College of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon University, Daejeon 300 716, South Korea
Am J Chin Med 35:209-18. 2007....
- Electrical skin impedance at acupuncture pointsSean Pearson
Biomedical Signal Processing Laboratory, Portland State University, Portland, Oregon, USA
J Altern Complement Med 13:409-18. 2007To test whether electrical skin impedance at each of three acupuncture points (APs) is significantly lower than at nearby sites on the meridian (MP) and off the meridian (NP).
- Laser acupuncture induced specific cerebral cortical and subcortical activations in humansChristian M Siedentopf
Department of Radiology II, University Hospital of Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Lasers Med Sci 20:68-73. 2005..This supports the assumption that acupuncture is mediated by meridians, since meridians do not cross to the other side. Furthermore, we could show that laser acupuncture allows one to design a pure placebo condition...
- Acupoint-specific fMRI patterns in human brainBin Yan
Key Laboratory of Nuclear Analysis Techniques, Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 19 Yu Quan Road, Beijing 100049, China
Neurosci Lett 383:236-40. 2005..These observations reveal that acupuncture at acupoints induces specific patterns of brain activity, and these patterns may relate to the therapeutic effects of acupuncture...
- [A new sensor technique for measurements of electrical potential profiles of human skin at acupuncture points]Bernhard Wiegele
Fachbereich Elektrotechnik, Fachhochschule Augsburg, Baumgartnerstrasse 16, 86161 Augsburg, Germany
Forsch Komplementmed 13:227-32. 2006..It has been postulated that these areas correspond to acupuncture points. Subsequently, devices have been developed as detectors for acupuncture points which are used for diagnosis ..
- [Observation on therapeutic effect of moxibustion on temperature-sensitive points for lumbar disc herniation]Fu yu Tang
Department II of Orthopaedics, Liuzhou Hospital of TCM, Liuzhou 545001, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 29:382-4. 2009..To compare therapeutic effects of traditional moxibustion and moxibustion on temperature-sensitive points for lumbar disc herniation...
- A pilot study of functional magnetic resonance imaging of the brain during manual and electroacupuncture stimulation of acupuncture point (LI-4 Hegu) in normal subjects reveals differential brain activation between methodsJian Kong
Institute of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing, People s Republic of China
J Altern Complement Med 8:411-9. 2002..To characterize the brain activation patterns evoked by manual and electroacupuncture on normal human subjects...
- Nitric oxide in vPAG mediates the depressor response to acupuncture in stress-induced hypertensive ratsL Li
Department of Physiology, Medical Center of Fudan University, Shanghai 200032. P. R. China
Acupunct Electrother Res 26:165-70. 2001..The results suggest that the depressor effect of EA on stress-induced hypertensive rats might be mediated by nitric oxide in the vPAG due to activation of sympathetic inhibitory system and by attenuated cardiac activities...
- Corresponding measurements of delayed luminescence and impedance spectroscopy on acupuncture pointsLuca Lanzano
Dipartimento di Metodologie Fisiche e Chimiche per l Ingegneria, University of Catania, Italy
Indian J Exp Biol 46:364-70. 2008Measurements of impedance spectroscopy and delayed luminescence have been performed on the acupuncture points PC4 and PC8 and other two control points of ten volunteers...
- Computer-based quantification of traditional chinese-, ear- and Korean hand acupuncture: needle-induced changes of regional cerebral blood flow velocityGerhard Litscher
Biomedical Engineering and Research, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University of Graz, Austria
Neurol Res 24:377-80. 2002..The study design does not allow to evaluate why and how the different acupuncture methods have an effect on the brain and eye, however it proves that acupuncture can provide scientifically measurable effects...
- Frequency dependence of impedances at the acupuncture point Quze (PC3)H M Johng
School of Physics, Seoul National University
IEEE Eng Med Biol Mag 21:33-6. 2002
- Treatment of infantile morbid night crying by acupuncture at Zhongchong point in 100 casesJianxin Zhao
Health Association, Shuitou Town, Pingyang County 325405, Zhejiang Province
J Tradit Chin Med 22:11. 2002
- Evidence of connective tissue involvement in acupunctureHelene M Langevin
Department of Neurology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington Vermont 05405, USA
FASEB J 16:872-4. 2002..Winding may allow needle movements to deliver a mechanical signal into the tissue and may be key to acupuncture's therapeutic mechanism...
- Moxibustion in breech version--a descriptive reviewAyman Ewies
Acupunct Med 20:26-9. 2002..the heat generated by burning herbal preparations containing the plant Artemisia vulgaris to stimulate the acupuncture points. It is used for breech version with a reported success rate of 84.6% after 34 weeks gestation...
- Is there a BOLD response of the visual cortex on stimulation of the vision-related acupoint GB 37?Isabel K Gareus
Department of Radiology, Section of Medical Physics, University Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 15:227-32. 2002..To determine whether or not acupuncture of guangming (GB 37) produces a significant response of the visual cortex detectable by means of functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)...
- Acupuncture for cervical ripening and induction of labor at term--a randomized controlled trialM Rabl
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 113:942-6. 2001..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether acupuncture at term can influence cervical ripening, induce labor and thus reduce the need for postdates induction...
- Biomechanical response to acupuncture needling in humansH M Langevin
Department of Neurology, Given C423, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Appl Physiol 91:2471-8. 2001..manipulated, and pulled out by using a computer-controlled acupuncture needling instrument at eight acupuncture points and eight control points...
- Effects of acupuncture at Neiguan (PC 6) of the pericardial meridian on blood pressure and heart rate variabilityShyang Chang
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC
Chin J Physiol 51:167-77. 2008..However, the information on the power of LF, high frequency (HF), and LF/HF of HRV are not conclusive to statistically differentiate the sympathetic contribution from that of the parasympathetic nervous systems at present stage...
- Characteristics of electrical skin resistance at acupuncture points in healthy humansSybille Kramer
Multidisciplinary Pain Centre, Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Altern Complement Med 15:495-500. 2009The aim of this study was to evaluate the phenomenon of electrical skin resistance (ESR) changes at different acupuncture points (APs).
- Clinical trials of acupuncture: consensus recommendations for optimal treatment, sham controls and blindingA R White
Department of Complementary Medicine, School of Sport and Health Services, Exeter, UK
Complement Ther Med 9:237-45. 2001..A number of recommendations are made which aim to improve the quality of sham-controlled acupuncture studies...
- Anatomy for the acupuncturist--facts & fiction 2: The chest, abdomen, and backElmar Peuker
Department of Anatomy, Clinical Anatomy Division, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Acupunct Med 21:72-9. 2003..This article reviews clinically relevant anatomy for somatic needling of the chest and abdomen...
- A Phase I-II study in the use of acupuncture-like transcutaneous nerve stimulation in the treatment of radiation-induced xerostomia in head-and-neck cancer patients treated with radical radiotherapyRaimond K W Wong
Department of Medicine, Division of Radiation Oncology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 57:472-80. 2003..This Phase I-II study examined the effectiveness of Codetron in treating radiation-induced xerostomia...
- Enhanced nitric oxide concentrations and expression of nitric oxide synthase in acupuncture points/meridiansSheng Xing Ma
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California Los Angeles UCLA, School of Medicine, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
J Altern Complement Med 9:207-15. 2003....
- Cutaneous electrical stimulation of acupuncture points may enhance gastric myoelectrical regularityChi Sen Chang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Digestion 66:106-11. 2002..The aim of this study was to test whether cutaneous electrical stimulation had the same effect as electroacupuncture to enhance the regularity of myoelectrical activity...
- Validating a new non-penetrating sham acupuncture device: two randomised controlled trialsJongbae Park
Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, University of Exeter, Exeter, UK
Acupunct Med 20:168-74. 2002..It is therefore a valid control for acupuncture trials. The findings also lend support to the existence of de qi, a major concept underlying traditional Chinese acupuncture...
- [Application of "Bazhen prescription" in clinical acupuncture and moxibustion]Chuan qi Li
Nanyang Zhang Zhong jing Guoyi College, Henan 473061, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:147-9. 2007..In the present paper, the source, composition of acupoints, manipulation, function and indications, clinical application of the recipe are introduced...
- [Problems in studies of acupuncture for treatment of ischemic cerebrovascular diseases in recent years]Peng Li
The First Affiliated Hospital of Tianjin University of TCM, Tianjin 300193, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:150-4. 2007....
- [On academic ideas of professor KONG Zhao-xia about acupuncture and moxibustion]Nan lin Fu
The First Affiliated Hospital, Guangdong College of Pharmacy, Guangzhou, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:213-6. 2007Ideas of professor KONG Zhao-xia about acupuncture points were explained through the discussion of four aspects of meridian points and extra-ordinary points, confirmed points and non-confirmed points (Ashi points), located points and the ..
- The effect of acupuncture on the symptoms of knee osteoarthritis--an open randomised controlled studyEmad Tukmachi
Selly Oak Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Acupunct Med 22:14-22. 2004..Needles were inserted (with manual and electrical stimulation) in acupuncture points for pain and stiffness, selected according to traditional acupuncture theory for treating Bi syndrome...
- [Observation on therapeutic effect of catgut implantation at acupoints on exercise fatigue and study on the mechanism]Yong Zhen Chen
Sports Hospital, Zhejiang College of Sports Occupational Technique, Hangzhou 311231, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 28:656-8. 2008..To probe into the therapeutic effect of catgut implantation at acupoint on exercise fatigue and to study on the mechanism...
- Acupuncture stimulation of ST36 (Zusanli) attenuates acute renal but not hepatic injury in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated ratsChin Liang Huang
Acupuncture and Moxibustion Institute, Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, China
Anesth Analg 104:646-54. 2007..We sought to determine the effects of ST36 acupuncture on sepsis-induced kidney and liver injuries...
- [Clinical observation on point implantation of slowly-releasing medication for treatment of functional ventricular premature]Ai Jun Lu
Teaching and Research Section of TCM, Langfang City Health School, Hebei 065001, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:721-4. 2007..To probe into a safe and effective method for treatment of functional ventricular premature, and develop a new preparation of Chinese herbs with high science and technique contents...
- [Effect of acupuncture at three acupoints of eye on Bell palsy]Chang dou Zhou
Section of Rehabilitation, Guangdong Province Hospital of Integrated Chinese Medicine and Western Medicine, Foshan 528200, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 28:489-91. 2008..To probe the effect of acupuncture at three acupoints of eye on Bell palsy...
- [Study on corresponding areas the liver and lung channels in brain with fMRI]Fang Ming Xu
College of TCM, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400016, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:749-52. 2007..To explore distribution of the Liver and Lung Channels in the brain so as to provide imaging basis for construction of channel theory in the brain...
- [Thinking about syndrome differentiation-based treatment in clinical acupuncture and moxibustion]Jin Sen He
College of Acupuncture and Tuina, Shanghai University of TCM, Shanghai 201203, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 28:685-7. 2008..To achieve the purpose of improving the therapeutic effect, the clinical techniques, action regularity, indications and influential factors, etc. should further be studied...
- [A cerebral functional definition on the specificity of acupoints, needling sensation and association of acupoints based on the "acupoints-brain relation hypothesis?]Xin Sheng Lai
College of Acupuncture and Massage, Guangzhou University of TCM, Guangdong 510407, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:777-80. 2007....
- Variability in the diagnosis and point selection for persons with frequent headache by traditional Chinese medicine acupuncturistsRemy R Coeytaux
Department of Family Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7595, USA
J Altern Complement Med 12:863-72. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) pattern diagnosis and acupuncture point selection for persons with frequent headache, as ascribed by three highly trained, licensed acupuncturists...
- [Original relations of acupoints with channels-collaterals and acupuncture therapy]Xing hua Bai
Department of Basic Medicine, College of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Beijing University of TCM, Beijing, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 28:199-201. 2008..The acupoint is the gate of needle inserting the human body, proposal of this concept and increase of the number of acopoints are closely related with invention, popularity and spreading of acupuncture therapy...
- On the impossibility of trigger point-acupoint equivalence: a commentary on Peter Dorsher's analysisStephen Birch
J Altern Complement Med 14:343-5. 2008
- Can classical acupuncture points and trigger points be compared in the treatment of pain disorders? Birch's analysis revisitedPeter T Dorsher
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
J Altern Complement Med 14:353-9. 2008..reported 100% anatomic and 71% clinical pain correspondences of myofascial trigger points and classical acupuncture points in the treatment of pain disorders...
- [Effects of acupuncture under guidance of qi street theory on endocrine function in the patient of epilepsy]Xing Hua Chen
Section of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou University of TCM, Guangdong Guangzhou 510405, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 28:481-4. 2008..To observe effects of acupuncture under guidance of qi street theory on endocrine function in the patient of epilepsy...
- [Effects of acupuncture at "Sifeng" (EX-UE 10) on serum zinc and gastric emptying rate in the rat of experimental spleen deficiency]Hua Fan
Department of Pediatrics, Huangshi City TCM Hospital, Hubei 435000, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:595-7. 2007..To probe the mechanism of acupuncture at Sifeng (EX-UE 10) for treatment of infant anorexia...
- [Multiple central clinical test of electroacupuncture at Jiaji (EX-B 2) combined with laser needle-knife for treatment of lumbar disc herniation]Jing ping Mu
Acupuncture Section, Taihe Hospital Affiliated to Yunyang Medical College, Shiyan, Hubei 442000, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:553-6. 2007..To observe therapeutic effect of electroacupuncture (EA) at Jiaji (EX-B 2) combined with laser needle-knife on lumbar disc herniation...
- [Observation on therapeutic effect of fire needle therapy on facial spasm]Xiao ji Jiang
Section of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Hospital of PLA, Chongqing, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:509-10. 2007..To compare therapeutic effects of fire needle therapy and filiform needle therapy on facial spasm...
- [Clinical observation on penetration needling combined with electroacupuncture for treatment of post-stroke shoulder-hand syndrome]Li wen Xue
Section of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Beijing Hospital of TCM Affiliated to Capital Medical University, Beijing 100010, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:491-3. 2007..To probe a method for increasing clinical therapeutic effect of poststroke shoulder-hand syndrome...
- [Clinical treatment of apoplectic aphemia with multi-needle puncture of scalp-points in combination with visual-listening-speech training]Hui Min Zhang
Beijing Century Platform Hospital, Beijing 100038, China
Zhen Ci Yan Jiu 32:190-4. 2007..To observe the therapeutic effect of cluster-needle stimulation of scalp-points combined with rehabilitation training for apoplectic aphemia...
- [Effects of precondition of acupoint embedding thread on-enterokinesia and lactation in the postcesarean parturient]Qin Wen-dong
Lanshan District No 1 People s Hospital, Linyi City, Shandong 276002, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:417-20. 2007..To observe the restoring time of enterokinesia and changes of lactation amount in the postcesarean parturient and to probe into effects of acupoint embedding thread...
- [Observation on therapeutic effect of long-time needle retention at Baihui (GV 20) on vertebroarterial cervical spondylopathy]Xi Lin Wang
Department of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, TCM Hospital of Guilin, Guangxi 541002, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:415-6. 2007..To compare therapeutic effects of long-time needle retention at Baihui (GV 20) and routine needle retention on vertebroarterial cervical spondylopathy...
- [Brief introduction of professor Yang Jia-san's academic thought]Qing Guo Liu
College of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Beijing University of TCM, Beijing, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 28:359-64. 2008....
- [Clinical observation on the regularity of acupuncture-induced body-reduction in excess-heat-type obesity patients ]Ya Ping Bai
Acu moxibnstion and Massotherapy Hospital, Zhejiang College of Chinese Medicine, Hangzhoa 310009, China
Zhen Ci Yan Jiu 32:128-31. 2007..To investigate the regularity of acupuncture of the Stomach Meridian for excess-heat-type obesity...
- [Clinical observation on warming-removing obstruction needling method for treatment of sudden tinnitus and deafness]Jie Ji
Department of Acupuncture and Massage, Gansu College of TCM, Lanzhou, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 28:353-5. 2008..To compare therapeutic effects of acupuncture at Fengchi (GB 20) as main with warming-removing obstruction needling method and routine acupuncture on sudden tinnitus and deafness...
- [Comparison and analysis of therapeutic effects of different therapies on simple obesity]Tong wen Bu
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:337-40. 2007..To search for the best therapy for simple obesity...
- [Multi-central clinical valuation of SHAO's "five needling methods" for treatment of asthma of deficiency of lung and spleen]Su Ju Shao
Third Affiliated Hospital of Henan College of TCM, Zhengzhou 450008, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:793-6. 2007..To make multi-central clinical valuation of SHAO's "five needling methods" for treatment of asthma of deficiency of lung and spleen...
- [Effects of combined acupuncture and medicine therapy on the breast tissue and expressions of estrogen receptor subgroups in the rat of hyperplasia of mammary glands]Li Jun Liu
College of Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050091, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:279-83. 2007..To study on the inhibitory action of combined acupuncture and medicine therapy on the model rat of hyperplasia of mammary glands and the mechanism...
- [Effect of acupoint catgut embedding on TNF-alpha and insulin resistance in simple obesity patients]Feng Chen
People s Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan 430060, China
Zhen Ci Yan Jiu 32:49-52. 2007..To investigate the underlying mechanism of acupoint-catgut-embedding in the treatment of simple obesity...
- [Randomized controlled study on AMIE methods for treatment of movement disorder in the child of convulsive cerebral palsy]Jing He
Rehabilitation and Acupuncture Center, Huaxi Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:797-800. 2007..To observe the curative effect of AMIE methods on movement disorder in the child of convulsive cerebral palsy (CP)...
- [Observation on the therapeutic effect of acupoint sticking therapy for prevention of acute attack of chronic bronchitis]Feng Gao
Wangjing Hospital, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100102, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:645-8. 2007..To assess the therapeutic effect of acupoint sticking therapy for prevention of acute attack of chronic hronchitis...
- British Dental Acupuncture Society. Annual scientific meetingTom Thayer
SAAD Dig 20:26-7. 2003
- Sixty cases of dizziness due to blood stasis in the collaterals of brain treated by acupuncture with the manipulation method of reinforcement and reductionJia Qin
Ganjiakou Hospital of Haidian District, Beijing 100037, China
J Tradit Chin Med 24:284-6. 2004
- Relationship of acupuncture points and meridians to connective tissue planesHelene M Langevin
Department of Neurology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Anat Rec 269:257-65. 2002..We hypothesize that the network of acupuncture points and meridians can be viewed as a representation of the network formed by interstitial connective tissue...
- Scalp and body acupuncture for treatment of senile insomnia--a report of 83 casesZeqiang Lu
Fuyang Municipal Rehabilitation Hospital, Fuyang 236000, Anhui Province
J Tradit Chin Med 22:193-4. 2002
- [It has nothing to do with Chinese medicine]John Zhou
Arzt der Chinesischen Medizin, , Beijing
MMW Fortschr Med 146:19. 2004
- Afferent mechanisms underlying stimulation modality-related modulation of acupuncture-related cardiovascular responsesWei Zhou
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Appl Physiol 98:872-80. 2005..The similarity of the responses to EA and MA and the lack of cardiovascular response to high-frequency EA appear to be largely a function of somatic afferent responses...
- BIOMECHANICAL EFFECT OF ACUPUNCTURE NEEDLINGHELENE LANGEVIN; Fiscal Year: 2001Acupuncture therapy involves the needling of specific points on the body known as acupuncture points. Proper needling elicits a characteristic response known as "de qi"...
- Efficacy of Acupuncture with PT for Knee Osteo-ArthritisJohn Farrar; Fiscal Year: 2005..important component of this proposal is our use of a validated blinded placebo needle instead of sham acupuncture points. Therefore, the primary goal of this proposal is to use a properly designed randomized blinded clinical ..
- Acupuncture Mechanism: Mechanotransduction ModelHELENE LANGEVIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..of these measurements using varying amounts of uni-directional and bi-directional needle rotation at acupuncture points and control points (Aim 2)...
- ROLE OF CONNECTIVE TISSUE GEOMETRY IN ACUPUNCTUREHELEN BUETTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..of the subcutaneous tissue with fine needles inserted through the skin at specific points, termed acupuncture points. Recent evidence suggests that the connective tissue in the vicinity of an acupuncture point plays a ..
- Exploring Neurocircuitry of Acupuncture Action with fMRIVitaly Napadow; Fiscal Year: 2007..Many classical acupuncture points are proposed to have multiple regulatory functions and diverse clinical effects...
- Acupressure for Persistent Cancer Related FatigueSUZANNA M contact ZICK; Fiscal Year: 2010..In acupressure, physical pressure is applied to acupuncture points by the hand, elbow, or with various devices to treat disease...
- Biophysics of Acupuncture:Electrical Properties of Loose Connective TissueAndrew Ahn; Fiscal Year: 2007..claim is supported by studies that report higher electrical conductivity (lower resistance/impedance) at acupuncture points compared to non-acupuncture points...
- Soft Tissue Biomechanical Behavior During Acupuncture in Low Back PainHELENE LANGEVIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..No-LBP at Meridians vs. Non-Meridians and Acupuncture Points vs. Non-Acupuncture Points in the back and leg (Aim 1)...
- Soft Tissue Biomechanical Behavior During Acupuncture in Low Back PainHelene M Langevin; Fiscal Year: 2010..No-LBP at Meridians vs. Non-Meridians and Acupuncture Points vs. Non-Acupuncture Points in the back and leg (Aim 1)...
- Acupuncture for Shortness of Breath in Cancer PatientsMARC FEINSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..These will be placed at non-acupuncture points. Subjective breathlessness will be recorded for one hour immediately preceding and following the first ..
- Neural Substrates of EA in Cardiovascular ControlJohn Longhurst; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have demonstrated excitatory input from acupuncture points located along the distal median and deep peroneal somatic nerves activated during electroacupuncture (EA) to ..
- TRIAL OF ACUPUNCTURE FOR CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROMEArthur Weinstein; Fiscal Year: 2001..Other aims of this study are: 1) to identify and standardize the most appropriate sham acupuncture points for CTS, 2) to develop a manual which standardizes the administration of true and sham acupuncture that cna ..
- Acupuncture Needling Torque SensorRobert Davis; Fiscal Year: 2004..quality acupuncture treatment requires two key synergistic elements: 1) the proper location of appropriate acupuncture points, and 2) the proper manipulation of the acupuncture needle...
- Acupuncture and Relaxation Response for GI Symptoms and HIV Medication AdherenceBei Hung Chang; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will use a 2x2 study design with 2 types of acupuncture points (symptom specific vs. sham) and 2 types of audiotapes (RR vs. control)...
- FUNCTIONAL MRI OF REAL AND SHAM ACUPUNCTURETodd Parrish; Fiscal Year: 2002..functional magnetic resonance imaging, 2) to characterize the brain's response to different types of sham acupuncture points compared to real acupuncture points...
- Laser AcupuncturePeter Whittaker; Fiscal Year: 2006Laser acupuncture is defined as the stimulation of traditional acupuncture points via application of low intensity, non-thermal energy...
- Multichannel System for Measuring Skin Impedance at Acupuncture PointsAGATHA COLBERT; Fiscal Year: 2007..The prototype system will be capable of simultaneously measure skin impedance at multiple acupuncture points (APs) and non-acupuncture sites, over several hours...
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Static Magnetic Field TherapyAGATHA COLBERT; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will provide the data and methodologies needed for conducting a larger RCT of SMF therapy for the treatment of CTS. ..
- Study of individual variability in acupuncture and placebo analgesiaJian Kong; Fiscal Year: 2007..This integrated program of training and research will yield new tools for studying acupuncture and placebo treatment and provide the candidate with the skills needed to achieve independence in a highly complex field. ..
- Acupuncture and Low Back Pain during PregnancyShu Ming Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Modulatory Effect of Acupuncture on Human Brain ActivityKathleen Hui; Fiscal Year: 2003..and noninvasive fMRI technique (BOLD) to monitor the central effects of manual acupuncture at commonly used acupuncture points on normal human subjects...
- Mechanisms of Acupuncture AnalgesiaRichard Harris; Fiscal Year: 2006..There is a strong institutional commitment to see the applicant succeed in this task due to a tremendous need for well-trained clinical investigators in alternative and complementary medicine. ..
- Comprehensive Database on Spirituality and HealthJeanette Ezzo; Fiscal Year: 2004..Phase II will focus on comprehensively populating the database with a significantly larger and more comprehensive set of research citations and related materials and migrating to a fully functional website, SpiritLit.com. ..
- EVALUATING THE EFFICACY OF ACUPUNCTURE FOR BACK PAINDaniel Cherkin; Fiscal Year: 2001..effective for persistent low back pain?, 2) Is acupuncture more effective when needles are inserted in acupuncture points believed to be effective than when they are inserted in sites believed to be ineffective?, 3) Is acupuncture ..