Genomes and Genes
Summary: Radiotherapy where cytotoxic radionuclides are linked to antibodies in order to deliver toxins directly to tumor targets. Therapy with targeted radiation rather than antibody-targeted toxins (IMMUNOTOXINS) has the advantage that adjacent tumor cells, which lack the appropriate antigenic determinants, can be destroyed by radiation cross-fire. Radioimmunotherapy is sometimes called targeted radiotherapy, but this latter term can also refer to radionuclides linked to non-immune molecules (see RADIOTHERAPY).
Publications314 found, 100 shown here
- Anti-prostate-specific membrane antigen-based radioimmunotherapy for prostate cancerScott T Tagawa
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Cancer 116:1075-83. 2010..Future studies will include approaches to optimize patient selection and incorporate novel strategies to improve the success of anti-PSMA radioimmunotherapy.
- Cancer radioimmunotherapyRobert M Sharkey
Garden State Cancer Center, Belleville, NJ 07109, USA
Immunotherapy 3:349-70. 2011Targeting of radionuclides with antibodies, or radioimmunotherapy, has been an active field of research spanning nearly 50 years, evolving with advancing technologies in molecular biology and chemistry, and with many important preclinical ..
- Breaking chemoresistance and radioresistance with [213Bi]anti-CD45 antibodies in leukemia cellsClaudia Friesen
Nuclear Medicine Clinic, Department of Transfusion Medicine, and University Children s Hospital, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Cancer Res 67:1950-8. 2007....
- Alpha-particle radioimmunotherapy of disseminated peritoneal disease using a (212)Pb-labeled radioimmunoconjugate targeting HER2Diane E Milenic
Radioimmune and Inorganic Chemistry Section, Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, MSC 1088, Building 10, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 20:557-68. 2005..A pilot radioimmunotherapy (RIT) experiment treating mice bearing 5 d LS-174T intraperitoneally (i.p...
- 131I-tositumomab therapy as initial treatment for follicular lymphomaMark S Kaminski
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0936, USA
N Engl J Med 352:441-9. 2005Advanced-stage follicular B-cell lymphoma is considered incurable. Anti-CD20 radioimmunotherapy is effective in patients who have had a relapse after chemotherapy or who have refractory follicular lymphoma, but it has not been tested in ..
- Radioimmunotherapy with radretumab in patients with relapsed hematologic malignanciesPaola A Erba
Regional Center of Nuclear Medicine, University of Pisa Medical School, Pisa, Italy
J Nucl Med 53:922-7. 2012....
- Fractionated radioimmunotherapy with (90) Y-clivatuzumab tetraxetan and low-dose gemcitabine is active in advanced pancreatic cancer: A phase 1 trialAllyson J Ocean
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer 118:5497-506. 2012..After a trial of radioimmunotherapy that determined the maximum tolerated dose of single-dose yttrium-90-labeled hPAM4 ((90) Y-hPAM4) and ..
- Radioimmunotherapy of relapsed non-Hodgkin's lymphoma with zevalin, a 90Y-labeled anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodyG A Wiseman
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Clin Cancer Res 5:3281s-3286s. 1999..The success of radioimmunotherapy is dependent upon the appropriate choice of antibody, isotope, and chelator-linker...
- Multimodality therapy: potentiation of high linear energy transfer radiation with paclitaxel for the treatment of disseminated peritoneal diseaseDiane E Milenic
Radioimmune and Inorganic Chemistry Section, Radiation Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:5108-15. 2008..Studies herein explore paclitaxel enhancement of the therapeutic efficacy of alpha-particle-targeted radiation therapy...
- (212)Pb-radioimmunotherapy induces G(2) cell-cycle arrest and delays DNA damage repair in tumor xenografts in a model for disseminated intraperitoneal diseaseKwon Joong Yong
Radioimmune and Inorganic Chemistry Section, Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, NIH, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 11:639-48. 2012In preclinical studies, targeted radioimmunotherapy using (212)Pb-TCMC-trastuzumab as an in vivo generator of the high-energy α-particle emitting radionuclide (212)Bi is proving an efficacious modality for the treatment of disseminated ..
- Clinical radioimmunotherapy--the role of radiobiologyJean Pierre Pouget
Direction de la RadioProtection de l Homme, Institut de Radioprotection et de Surete Nucleaire, Fontenay aux Roses, F 92262, France
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 8:720-34. 2011Conventional external-beam radiation therapy is dedicated to the treatment of localized disease, whereas radioimmunotherapy represents an innovative tool for the treatment of local or diffuse tumors...
- Recombinant bispecific monoclonal antibodies prepared by the dock-and-lock strategy for pretargeted radioimmunotherapyRobert M Sharkey
Garden State Cancer Center, Center for Molecular Medicine and Immunology, Belleville, NJ, USA
Semin Nucl Med 40:190-203. 2010..However, for many other cancers, radioimmunotherapy has been ineffective, being limited by prolonged exposure to the highly radiosensitive bone marrow...
- Pivotal study of iodine-131-labeled chimeric tumor necrosis treatment radioimmunotherapy in patients with advanced lung cancerShaoliang Chen
Zhongshan Hospital and Tumor Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Clin Oncol 23:1538-47. 2005Tumor necrosis treatment (TNT) uses degenerating tumor cells and necrotic regions of tumors as targets for radioimmunotherapy. Previous studies in animal tumor models and clinical trials have demonstrated that when linked to the ..
- Radioimmunotherapy and colorectal cancerM J Koppe
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 92:264-76. 2005Despite the success of radioimmunotherapy (RIT) using radiolabelled monoclonal antibodies (Mabs) directed against tumour-associated antigens in the treatment of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, therapeutic success in solid tumours has been modest...
- Dosimetric analysis of 177Lu-cG250 radioimmunotherapy in renal cell carcinoma patients: correlation with myelotoxicity and pretherapeutic absorbed dose predictions based on 111In-cG250 imagingAlexander B Stillebroer
Department of Urology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 53:82-9. 2012This study aimed to estimate the radiation absorbed doses to normal tissues and tumor lesions during radioimmunotherapy with (177)Lu-cG250...
- Clinical experience with alpha-particle emitting 211At: treatment of recurrent brain tumor patients with 211At-labeled chimeric antitenascin monoclonal antibody 81C6Michael R Zalutsky
Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Nucl Med 49:30-8. 2008..The main goal of this study was to investigate the feasibility and safety of this approach in patients with recurrent malignant brain tumors...
- High rates of durable responses with anti-CD22 fractionated radioimmunotherapy: results of a multicenter, phase I/II study in non-Hodgkin's lymphomaFranck Morschhauser
Service des Maladies du Sang, Centre Hospitalier Regional, L Universitaire de Lille, France
J Clin Oncol 28:3709-16. 2010Fractionated radioimmunotherapy targeting CD22 may substantially improve responses and outcome in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL).
- Cilengitide targeting of alpha(v)beta(3) integrin receptor synergizes with radioimmunotherapy to increase efficacy and apoptosis in breast cancer xenograftsPatricia A Burke
University of California at Davis, Sacramento Medical Center, Radiodiagnosis and Therapy Internal Medicine, Sacramento, California 95816, USA
Cancer Res 62:4263-72. 2002Although metastatic breast cancer is responsive to radioimmunotherapy (RIT), a systemic targeted radiation modality, complete and permanent remissions are not typical with single-modality treatment...
- Absolute lymphocyte count predicts therapeutic efficacy and survival at the time of radioimmunotherapy in patients with relapsed follicular lymphomasL F Porrata
Leukemia 21:2554-6. 2007
- Pretargeted radioimmunotherapy with α-particle emitting radionuclidesSture Lindegren
Department of Radiation Physics, Institute of Clinical Sciences, The Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Curr Radiopharm 4:248-60. 2011..but due to pharmacokinetics considerations antibodies will generally not meet the standard for α-particle radioimmunotherapy. However, the tumor specificity of monoclonal antibodies may be used in pretargeting techniques, strategies ..
- Towards translation of 212Pb as a clinical therapeutic; getting the lead in!Kwon Yong
Radioimmune and Inorganic Chemistry Section, Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Building 10, Room 1B40, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1088, USA
Dalton Trans 40:6068-76. 2011..Targeted and pre-targeted radioimmunotherapy (RIT) using α-emitters such as (212)Bi (T(1/2) = 1.01 h) and (212)Pb (T(1/2) = 10...
- Yttrium 90-labeled ibritumomab tiuxetan radioimmunotherapy produces high response rates and durable remissions in patients with previously treated B-cell lymphomaLeo I Gordon
Division of Hematology Oncology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine and the Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Clin Lymphoma 5:98-101. 2004..4 mCi/kg (n = 73) or rituximab 375 mg/m2 I.V. weekly for 4 doses (n = 70). The radioimmunotherapy group was pretreated with 2 rituximab doses (250 mg/m2) to improve biodistribution and one dose of Indium ..
- High-dose myeloablative radioimmunotherapy of mantle cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma with the iodine-131-labeled chimeric anti-CD20 antibody C2B8 and autologous stem cell support. Results of a pilot studyThomas M Behr
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Georg August University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Cancer 94:1363-72. 2002..been used successfully as a target molecule for conventional low-dose, as well as high-dose, myeloablative radioimmunotherapy (RIT) of B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)...
- Intraperitoneal alpha-particle radioimmunotherapy of ovarian cancer patients: pharmacokinetics and dosimetry of (211)At-MX35 F(ab')2--a phase I studyHakan Andersson
Department of Oncology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Nucl Med 50:1153-60. 2009..The aim was to determine the pharmacokinetics for assessing absorbed dose to normal tissues and investigating toxicity...
- Intravesical alpha-radioimmunotherapy with 213Bi-anti-EGFR-mAb defeats human bladder carcinoma in xenografted nude miceBirgit Pfost
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Nucl Med 50:1700-8. 2009....
- A Phase II study of anti-epidermal growth factor receptor radioimmunotherapy in the treatment of glioblastoma multiformeLinna Li
Department of Radiation Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Neurosurg 113:192-8. 2010This single-institution Phase II study tests the efficacy of adjuvant radioimmunotherapy with (125)I-labeled anti-epidermal growth factor receptor 425 murine monoclonal antibody ((125)I-mAb 425) in patients with newly diagnosed ..
- Comparative toxicity and efficacy of combined radioimmunotherapy and antiangiogenic therapy in carcinoembryonic antigen-expressing medullary thyroid cancer xenograftFrançoise Kraeber-Bodéré
INSERM UMR 892 Cancer Research Center, Universite de Nantes, Nantes, France
J Nucl Med 51:624-31. 2010A significant antitumor effect was previously observed with radioimmunotherapy using anti-carcinoembryonic antigen (131)I-F6 monoclonal antibody in medullary thyroid cancer-bearing nude mice...
- General overview of radioimmunotherapy of solid tumorsIsabelle Navarro-Teulon
IRCM, Institut de Recherche en Cancérologie de Montpellier, Montpellier, France
Immunotherapy 5:467-87. 2013b>Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) represents an attractive tool for the treatment of local and/or diffuse tumors with radiation...
- Sequential cytarabine and alpha-particle immunotherapy with bismuth-213-lintuzumab (HuM195) for acute myeloid leukemiaTodd L Rosenblat
Department of Medicine and the Molecular Pharmacology and Chemistry Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:5303-11. 2010..This phase I/II trial was conducted to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and antileukemic effects of (213)Bi-lintuzumab, the first targeted α-emitter, after partially cytoreductive chemotherapy...
- Radioimmunotherapy of breast cancer metastases with alpha-particle emitter 225Ac: comparing efficacy with 213Bi and 90YHong Song
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Res 69:8941-8. 2009..alpha-Particle emitter (213)Bi-based radioimmunotherapy has shown efficacy in a variety of metastatic animal cancer models, such as breast, ovarian, and prostate ..
- 90Y Bremsstrahlung imaging for absorbed-dose assessment in high-dose radioimmunotherapyDavid Minarik
Department of Medical Radiation Physics, Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Nucl Med 51:1974-8. 2010..This feasibility study demonstrates (90)Y quantitative bremsstrahlung imaging of patients undergoing high-dose myeloablative (90)Y-ibritumomab treatment...
- Anti-CD45 pretargeted radioimmunotherapy using bismuth-213: high rates of complete remission and long-term survival in a mouse myeloid leukemia xenograft modelJohn M Pagel
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Blood 118:703-11. 2011Pretargeted radioimmunotherapy (PRIT) using an anti-CD45 antibody (Ab)-streptavidin (SA) conjugate and DOTA-biotin labeled with β-emitting radionuclides has been explored as a strategy to decrease relapse and toxicity...
- L1-CAM-targeted antibody therapy and (177)Lu-radioimmunotherapy of disseminated ovarian cancerEliane Fischer
Center for Radiopharmaceutical Sciences, Paul Scherrer Institute, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
Int J Cancer 130:2715-21. 2012..We conclude that a single dose of (177)Lu-DOTA-chCE7agl is as effective as repeated administration of nonradioactive chCE7 for treatment of small intraperitoneal tumors expressing L1-CAM...
- Lack of efficacy of two consecutive treatments of radioimmunotherapy with 131I-cG250 in patients with metastasized clear cell renal cell carcinomaAdrienne H Brouwers
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 23:6540-8. 2005..The present study was designed to determine the safety and therapeutic efficacy of two sequential high-dose treatments with 131I-cG250...
- The production, separation, and use of 67Cu for radioimmunotherapy: a reviewNicholas A Smith
Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
Appl Radiat Isot 70:2377-83. 2012..Widespread use of this isotope for clinical studies and preliminary treatments has been limited by unreliable supplies, cost, and difficulty in obtaining therapeutic quantities...
- Signal amplification in molecular imaging by pretargeting a multivalent, bispecific antibodyRobert M Sharkey
Garden State Cancer Center, Center for Molecular Medicine and Immunology, 520 Belleville Avenue, Belleville, New Jersey 07109, USA
Nat Med 11:1250-5. 2005..This technology could be adapted to other antibodies and imaging modalities...
- Radioimmunotherapy of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: from the 'magic bullets' to 'radioactive magic bullets'Murthy R Chamarthy
Department of Radiology, Bridgeport Hospital, Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA
Yale J Biol Med 84:391-407. 2011b>Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) of lymphoma with Zevalin and Bexxar was approved by FDA in 2002 and 2003, respectively, for the treatment of relapsed or refractory CD20+ follicular B-cell non-Hodgkin´s lymphoma...
- Development of 177Lu-nanobodies for radioimmunotherapy of HER2-positive breast cancer: evaluation of different bifunctional chelatorsMatthias D'huyvetter
Radiobiology Unit, Molecular and Cellular Biology Expert Group, Belgian Nuclear Research Center SCK CEN, Mol, Belgium
Contrast Media Mol Imaging 7:254-64. 2012..Both macrocyclic and acyclic chelators show high stability in time. High specific tumor uptake combined with the lowest background uptake was measured using the 1B4M-DTPA-based conjugate...
- Mechanisms of cell sensitization to alpha radioimmunotherapy by doxorubicin or paclitaxel in multiple myeloma cell linesStephane Supiot
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale U601, Moncousu, Nantes, France
Clin Cancer Res 11:7047s-7052s. 2005..this study was to analyze different mechanisms (cell cycle synchronization, DNA damage, and apoptosis) that might underlie potential synergy between chemotherapy (paclitaxel or doxorubicin) and radioimmunotherapy with alpha radionuclides.
- Review of clinical radioimmunotherapyBrad Pohlman
Department of Hematologic Oncology and Blood Disorders, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 6:445-61. 2006b>Radioimmunotherapy involves a form of biologically targeted radiopharmaceutical treatment in which a radioactive isotope (typically a short-range, high-energy beta-emitter) is chemically bound to a target-specific monoclonal antibody or ..
- Intratumoral distribution of two consecutive injections of chimeric antibody G250 in primary renal cell carcinoma: implications for fractionated dose radioimmunotherapyM G Steffens
Department of Urology, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 59:1615-9. 1999..the intratumoral distribution of the antibody is highly heterogeneous, which may limit the efficacy of radioimmunotherapy. A number of highly dynamic physiological factors have been postulated that may contribute to heterogeneous ..
- Radioimmunotherapy of relapsed indolent non-Hodgkin lymphoma with 131I-rituximab in routine clinical practice: 10-year single-institution experience of 142 consecutive patientsMichael F Leahy
Department of Hematology, The University of Western Australia, Fremantle Hospital, Fremantle, Australia
Blood 117:45-52. 2011b>Radioimmunotherapy of indolent non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) has achieved objective response rates in clinical trials comparable with standard rituximab with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone chemotherapy, but is ..
- Positron emission tomography (PET), immuno-PET and radioimmunotherapy in renal cell carcinoma: a developing diagnostic and therapeutic relationshipNathan Lawrentschuk
Department of Surgery, University of Melbourne, Australia
BJU Int 97:916-22. 2006
- Radioimmunotherapy of B-cell lymphoma with radiolabelled anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodiesR O Dillman
Medical and Scientific Director, Hoag Cancer Center, Newport Beach, CA 92658, USA
Clin Exp Med 6:1-12. 2006..Clinical trials suggest that anti- CD20 radioimmunotherapy is superior to total body irradiation in patients undergoing stem cell supported therapy for B-cell lymphoma,..
- Prospective trial of targeted radioimmunotherapy with Y-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan (Zevalin) for front-line treatment of early-stage extranodal indolent ocular adnexal lymphomaB Esmaeli
Section of Ophthalmology, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Oncol 20:709-14. 2009..To determine the efficacy and side-effects of (90)Y ibritumomab tiuxetan (Zevalin) as front-line treatment in patients with early-stage extranodal indolent lymphoma of the ocular adnexa (orbit, conjunctiva, or eyelid)...
- PET/CT Imaging and Radioimmunotherapy of Prostate CancerKirsten Bouchelouche
PET and Cyclotron Unit, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 9, Copenhagen, Denmark
Semin Nucl Med 41:29-44. 2011..Prostate cancer represents an attractive target for radioimmunotherapy (RIT) for several reasons, including pattern of metastatic spread (lymph nodes and bone marrow, sites with ..
- Pretargeted radioimmunotherapy of colorectal cancer metastases: models and pharmacokinetics predict influence of the physical and radiochemical properties of the radionuclideEric Frampas
Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie Nantes Angers, Universite de Nantes, INSERM, UMR 892, 8 quai Moncousu, BP 70721, 44007 Nantes Cedex 1, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 38:2153-64. 2011We investigated influences of pretargeting variables, tumor location, and radionuclides in pretargeted radioimmunotherapy (PRIT) as well as estimated tumor absorbed doses.
- The clinical importance of dosimetry in radioimmunotherapy with tositumomab and iodine I 131 tositumomabRichard L Wahl
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Department of Radiology, Baltimore, MD 21287 0817, USA
Semin Oncol 30:31-8. 2003b>Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) is a promising emerging therapy for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and may ultimately prove useful in the treatment of other tumors...
- Adjuvant radioimmunotherapy improves survival of rats after resection of colorectal liver metastasesGabie M De Jong
Division of Abdominal and Oncological Surgery, Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Geert Grooteplein zuid 10, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ann Surg 253:336-41. 2011The aim of this study was to test the hypothesis that adjuvant radioimmunotherapy (RIT) prevents recurrent liver metastases and/or results in improved survival after tumorectomy in an experimental model.
- Pretargeted radioimmunotherapy of cancer: progress step by stepOtto C Boerman
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 44:400-11. 2003To enhance the therapeutic efficacy of radioimmunotherapy of cancer, several pretargeting strategies have been developed...
- Sensitivity and prognostic value of positron emission tomography with F-18-fluorodeoxyglucose and sensitivity of immunoscintigraphy in patients with medullary thyroid carcinoma treated with anticarcinoembryonic antigen-targeted radioimmunotherapyAurore Oudoux
Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, 44093 Nantes, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4590-7. 2007..Patients with progressive medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) undergo multiple imaging procedures for diagnosis of relapse and staging...
- Radioimmunotherapy improves survival of rats with microscopic liver metastases of colorectal originGabie M De Jong
Department of Surgery, Division of Abdominal and Oncological Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 16:2065-73. 2009..The aim of the present study was to assess the efficacy of radioimmunotherapy (RIT) with a radiolabeled monoclonal antibody (mAb) to treat experimental colorectal liver metastases.
- High-linear energy transfer (LET) alpha versus low-LET beta emitters in radioimmunotherapy of solid tumors: therapeutic efficacy and dose-limiting toxicity of 213Bi- versus 90Y-labeled CO17-1A Fab' fragments in a human colonic cancer modelT M Behr
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Cancer Res 59:2635-43. 1999Recent studies suggest that radioimmunotherapy (RIT) with high-linear energy transfer (LET) radiation may have therapeutic advantages over conventional low-LET (e.g., beta-) emissions...
- Using anti-VEGF McAb and magnetic nanoparticles as double-targeting vector for the radioimmunotherapy of liver cancerJing Chen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, No 1095, Jiefang Dadao, 430030 Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Cancer Lett 231:169-75. 2006..The results suggests that the radioimmunotherapy of intratumoral injection of 131I-Sc-7269-DMN may be safe and efficient for the treatment of liver cancer...
- Phase I/II 90Y-Zevalin (yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan, IDEC-Y2B8) radioimmunotherapy dosimetry results in relapsed or refractory non-Hodgkin's lymphomaG A Wiseman
Department of Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Eur J Nucl Med 27:766-77. 2000..The only toxicity of note is hematologic and is not correlated to red marrow radiation absorbed dose estimates or T(1/2), reflecting that hematologic toxicity is dependent on bone marrow reserve in this heavily pretreated population...
- Radioimmunotherapy with iodine (131)I tositumomab for relapsed or refractory B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma: updated results and long-term follow-up of the University of Michigan experienceM S Kaminski
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0936, USA
Blood 96:1259-66. 2000CD20-targeted radioimmunotherapy is a promising new treatment for B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)...
- Potentiation of high-LET radiation by gemcitabine: targeting HER2 with trastuzumab to treat disseminated peritoneal diseaseDiane E Milenic
Radioimmune and Inorganic Chemistry Section, Radiation Oncology Branch and Biometric Research Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:1926-35. 2007..The objective of the studies presented here was improvement of the efficacy of alpha-particle radioimmunotherapy using a chemotherapeutic agent.
- (124)I-L19-SIP for immuno-PET imaging of tumour vasculature and guidance of (131)I-L19-SIP radioimmunotherapyBernard M Tijink
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, P O Box 7057, 1007 MB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:1235-44. 2009..A clinical radioimmunotherapy (RIT) trial with (131)I-L19-SIP was recently started...
- A phase 1/2 trial of high-dose yttrium-90-ibritumomab tiuxetan in combination with high-dose etoposide and cyclophosphamide followed by autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with poor-risk or relapsed non-Hodgkin lymphomaAuayporn Nademanee
Division of Hematology and Hemapoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 E Duarte Rd, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Blood 106:2896-902. 2005..We conclude that high-dose 90Y-ibritumomab tiuxetan can be combined safely with high-dose etoposide and cyclophosphamide without an increase in transplant-related toxicity or delayed engraftment...
- 131I-Anti CD20 radioimmunotherapy of relapsed or refractory non-Hodgkins lymphoma: a phase II clinical trial of a nonmyeloablative dose regimen of chimeric rituximab radiolabeled in a hospitalJ Harvey Turner
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Fremantle Hospital and Department of Medicine, The University of Western Australia, Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 18:513-24. 2003In order to increase the availability and affordability of radioimmunotherapy of refractory or relapsed non-Hodgkins lymphoma, we developed and evaluated radioiodinated rituximab in an ongoing physician-sponsored Phase II Clinical Trial...
- Phase 1/2 study of fractionated (131)I-rituximab in low-grade B-cell lymphoma: the effect of prior rituximab dosing and tumor burden on subsequent radioimmunotherapyTim M Illidge
School of Cancer and Imaging Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Blood 113:1412-21. 2009..of induction therapy with multiple doses of rituximab on the subsequent efficacy and toxicity of anti-CD20 radioimmunotherapy is unknown...
- Bone marrow dosimetry using blood-based models for radiolabeled antibody therapy: a multiinstitutional comparisonBarry W Wessels
Department of Radiation Oncology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
J Nucl Med 45:1725-33. 2004..In this work, we have analyzed reported marrow dosimetry results from radioimmunotherapy trials and recalculated marrow absorbed doses at a central facility using a standard blood model with ..
- Expression of the oncofetal ED-B-containing fibronectin isoform in hematologic tumors enables ED-B-targeted 131I-L19SIP radioimmunotherapy in Hodgkin lymphoma patientsStefanie Sauer
Department of Pathology, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Blood 113:2265-74. 2009..In 2 relapsed Hodgkin lymphoma patients(131)I-L19SIP radioimmunotherapy induced a sustained partial response, qualifying ED-B FN as a promising target for antibody-based lymphoma ..
- Yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan doses calculated to deliver up to 15 Gy to critical organs may be safely combined with high-dose BEAM and autologous transplantation in relapsed or refractory B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomaJane N Winter
Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1653-9. 2009....
- Toxicity and efficacy of combined radioimmunotherapy and bevacizumab in a mouse model of medullary thyroid carcinomaPierre Yves Salaun
Nuclear Oncology Department, Cancer Research Center, INSERM U892, Universite de Nantes, Nantes, France
Cancer 116:1053-8. 2010Significant antitumor effects were previously observed with radioimmunotherapy (RIT) using an anti-carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) monoclonal antibody (F6) labeled with iodine-131 in medullary thyroid cancer (MTC)-bearing nude mice...
- Targeting radioimmunotherapy of hepatocellular carcinoma with iodine (131I) metuximab injection: clinical phase I/II trialsZhi Nan Chen
Cell Engineering Research Centre and Department of Cell Biology, State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 65:435-44. 2006..We developed iodine (131I) metuximab injection (Licartin), a novel 131I-labeled HAb18G/CD147-specific monoclonal antibody Fab'2 fragment, and evaluated its safety, pharmacokinetics, and clinical efficacy on HCC in Phase I/II trials...
- Pretargeted 177Lu radioimmunotherapy of carcinoembryonic antigen-expressing human colonic tumors in miceRafke Schoffelen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 51:1780-7. 2010Pretargeted radioimmunotherapy (PRIT) with bispecific antibodies in combination with a radiolabeled peptide reduces the radiation dose to normal tissues, especially the bone marrow...
- Update of carcinoembryonic antigen radioimmunotherapy with (131)I-labetuzumab after salvage resection of colorectal liver metastases: comparison of outcome to a contemporaneous control groupTorsten Liersch
Department of General Surgery, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2577-90. 2007We tested whether adjuvant radioimmunotherapy (RAIT) given after R0 resection of liver metastases (LM) of colorectal cancer is safe and can improve survival...
- Tumor therapy with targeted atomic nanogeneratorsM R McDevitt
Molecular Pharmacology and Therapeutics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Science 294:1537-40. 2001..Nanogenerators targeting a wide variety of cancers may be possible...
- A phase I trial of radioimmunotherapy with 131I-A5B7 anti-CEA antibody in combination with combretastatin-A4-phosphate in advanced gastrointestinal carcinomasTim Meyer
UCL Cancer Institute, University College London, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 15:4484-92. 2009In preclinical models, radioimmunotherapy with (131)I-A5B7 anti-carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) antibody ((131)I-A5B7) combined with the vascular disruptive agent combretastatin-A4-phosphate (CA4P) produced cures unlike either agent alone...
- Radioimmunotherapy of lymphoma: Bexxar and ZevalinStanley J Goldsmith
Division of Nuclear Medicine, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell College of Medicine, New York, NY 10065, USA
Semin Nucl Med 40:122-35. 2010b>Radioimmunotherapy is a form of targeted radionuclide therapy that uses a monoclonal antibody to deliver localized radiation...
- Fractionated radioimmunotherapy of intraperitoneally growing ovarian cancer in nude mice with 211At-MX35 F(ab')2: therapeutic efficacy and myelotoxicityJörgen Elgqvist
Department of Radiation Physics, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Nucl Med Biol 33:1065-72. 2006The aim of this study was to investigate the therapeutic efficacy and myelotoxicity during fractionated radioimmunotherapy of ovarian cancer in mice...
- Clinical development of radioimmunotherapy for B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomaRuby F Meredith
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Alabama Medical Center, Birmingham, AL, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:S15-22. 2006..Two radioimmunotherapy agents that target the CD20 antigen, (131)I-tositumomab and (90)Y-ibritumomab tiuxetan, have been approved ..
- Copper-67 radioimmunotherapy and growth inhibition by anti-L1-cell adhesion molecule monoclonal antibodies in a therapy model of ovarian cancer metastasisKarin Knogler
Center for Radiopharmaceutical Science, ETH PSI USZ, Paul Scherrer Institute, CH 5232 Villigen, Switzerland
Clin Cancer Res 13:603-11. 2007..We examined the tumor-targeting and therapeutic effects of (67)Cu-labeled single amino acid mutant forms of anti-L1 monoclonal antibody chCE7 in nude mice with orthotopically implanted SKOV3ip human ovarian carcinoma cells...
- Radioimmunotherapy with alpha-particle emitting radionuclidesM R Zalutsky
Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 48:289-96. 2004An important consideration in the development of effective strategies for radioimmunotherapy is the nature of the radiation emitted by the radionuclide...
- Eradication of disseminated leukemia in a syngeneic murine leukemia model using pretargeted anti-CD45 radioimmunotherapyJohn M Pagel
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Blood 111:2261-8. 2008We describe the use of pretargeted radioimmunotherapy (PRIT) using an anti-murine CD45 antibody-streptavidin (SA) conjugate followed by radiobiotin to deliver radiation selectively to murine hematolymphoid tissues, which may potentially ..
- 131I-chTNT radioimmunotherapy of 43 patients with advanced lung cancerLike Yu
Nanjing Pulmonary Hospital, Nanjing, China
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 21:5-14. 2006..In a rather unique international collaboration, 43 patients with advanced lung cancer were treated using iodine-131-labeled tumor necrosis therapy chimeric antibody (131I-chTNT)...
- Radioimmunotherapy of non-Hodgkin lymphomasBruce D Cheson
Georgetown University Hospital, Lombardi Cancer Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Blood 101:391-8. 2003..Nevertheless, more effective therapies are needed. Radioimmunotherapy as a form of targeted radiation therapy may add significantly to our therapeutic options...
- Radioimmunotherapy for B-cell non-hodgkin lymphomasMichael Tomblyn
Department of Radiation Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Control 19:196-203. 2012b>Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) is a safe and effective therapeutic option for patients with indolent B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas (NHL), in both up-front and relapsed/refractory settings...
- New antibody conjugates in cancer therapySerengulam V Govindan
Immunomedics, Inc, Morris Plains, NJ, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 10:2070-89. 2010..b>Radioimmunotherapy (RAIT) of lymphoma using directly labeled MAbs is of current interest after approval of two radiolabeled ..
- Combined modality radioimmunotherapy. Promise and perilPatricia A Burke
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Section of Radiodiagnosis and Therapy, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California 95816, USA
Cancer 94:1320-31. 2002Single-agent radioimmunotherapy (RIT), although potentially useful for slowing solid tumor growth, has not been effective in curing aggressive tumors, such as breast cancer...
- Nonmyeloablative allogeneic transplantation with or without 90yttrium ibritumomab tiuxetan is potentially curative for relapsed follicular lymphoma: 12-year resultsIssa F Khouri
Department of Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 119:6373-8. 2012..The addition of (90)Y to the conditioning regimen appears to be effective in patients with chemorefractory disease. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00048737...
- Dosimetry results suggest feasibility of radioimmunotherapy using anti-CD138 (B-B4) antibody in multiple myeloma patientsCaroline Rousseau
Nuclear Medicine Department, Comprehensive Cancer Center ICO Gauducheau, IRCNA, Saint Herblain, France
Tumour Biol 33:679-88. 2012..This surface antigen is an attractive candidate for targeted therapy, especially radioimmunotherapy (RAIT)...
- Radioimmunotherapy of B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: from clinical trials to clinical practiceMalik E Juweid
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City 52242, USA
J Nucl Med 43:1507-29. 2002b>Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) is a new treatment modality for B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...
- Time dependence of the activity concentration ratio of red marrow to blood and implications for red marrow dosimetryCecilia Hindorf
Department of Radiation Physics, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Cancer 94:1235-9. 2002The method for red marrow dosimetry in radioimmunotherapy, in the absence of specific activity uptake in red marrow, is based on the activity measured in the blood or plasma...
- Combination therapy with Pretarget CC49 radioimmunotherapy and gemcitabine prolongs tumor doubling time in a murine xenograft model of colon cancer more effectively than either monotherapyScott S Graves
NeoRx Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98119 4114, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:3712-21. 2003Pretarget radioimmunotherapy (RIT) is a multistep strategy for cancer therapy designed to reduce nontarget organ exposure by uncoupling the tumor targeting moiety from the radioactive ligand...
- Radioimmunotherapy with alpha-particle emitters: microdosimetry of cells with a heterogeneous antigen expression and with various diameters of cells and nucleiY Kvinnsland
Department of Nuclear Medicine, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, 0310, Norway
Radiat Res 155:288-96. 2001..The magnitudes of the differences were found to be a function of the fractions of mean specific energy delivered by surrounding activity and by activity bound to the cells...
- Bismuth-213 radioimmunotherapy with C595 anti-MUC1 monoclonal antibody in an ovarian cancer ascites modelEmma Y Song
Centre for Experimental Radiation Oncology, Cancer Care Centre, St George Hospital, Kogarah, UK
Cancer Biol Ther 7:76-80. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of targeted alpha therapy (TAT) for the control of ascites in an OC ascites mouse model; the biodistribution of (213)Bi-C595 and its long term toxicity...
- Radioimmunotherapy in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: initial experienceD R Colnot
Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1117, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Head Neck 23:559-65. 2001..An effective adjuvant therapy is required for these patients. Among novel approaches is radioimmunotherapy, in which monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) are used for selective delivery of radiation to tumor cells...
- Evaluation of response to fractionated radioimmunotherapy with 90Y-epratuzumab in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma by 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomographyCaroline Bodet-Milin
Nuclear Medicine Department, University Hospital, Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France
Haematologica 93:390-7. 2008The study aimed to evaluate FDG-PET imaging for early prediction of response to radioimmunotherapy in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- (212)Pb@C(60) and its water-soluble derivatives: synthesis, stability, and suitability for radioimmunotherapyMichael D Diener
TDA Research Incorporated, 12345 West 52nd Avenue, Wheat Ridge, Colorado 80033 and Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1 Bethel Valley Road, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831 6229, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:5131-8. 2007Fullerenes could potentially play a valuable role in radioimmunotherapy by more stably encapsulating radionuclides, especially where conventional chelation chemistry is inadequate due to the physical and/or chemical properties of the ..
- Treatment recommendations for radioimmunotherapy in follicular lymphoma: a consensus conference reportThomas E Witzig
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 52:1188-99. 2011b>Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) with (90)Y-ibritumomab tiuxetan or (131)I-tositumomab combines a radiation-emitting radionuclide with an antibody targeting CD20 to treat B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma...
- Monoclonal antibodies for copper-64 PET dosimetry and radioimmunotherapyJeffrey N Bryan
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, University of Missouri Columbia, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 11:1001-7. 2011We previously described a two-antibody model of (64)Cu radioimmunotherapy to evaluate low-dose, solid-tumor response...
- Combining yttrium 90-labeled ibritumomab tiuxetan with high-dose chemotherapy and stem cell support in patients with relapsed non-Hodgkin's lymphomaJane N Winter
Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Clin Lymphoma 5:S22-6. 2004Targeted radioimmunotherapy, including yttrium 90-labeled ibritumomab tiuxetan (Zevalin) and iodine I 131 tositumomab (Bexxar), has the potential to increase the cure rate for patients with CD20+ B-cell malignancies who are undergoing ..
- Role of biotin-binding affinity in streptavidin-based pretargeted radioimmunotherapy of lymphomaKevin J Hamblett
Department of Bioengineering, Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Bioconjug Chem 16:131-8. 2005One pretargeting approach to cancer radioimmunotherapy utilizes an antibody-streptavidin conjugate that is first localized to the tumor...
- Follow-up results of a phase II study of ibritumomab tiuxetan radioimmunotherapy in patients with relapsed or refractory low-grade, follicular, or transformed B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and mild thrombocytopeniaRussell Schilder
Fox Chase Comprehensive Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 1911 2412, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 19:478-81. 2004..Patients received a single course of ibritumomab tiuxetan radioimmunotherapy, with 90Y ibritumomab tiuxetan administered at 0.3 mCi/kg (compared to a standard dose of 0.4 mCi/kg)...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor-targeted radioimmunotherapy of human head and neck cancer xenografts using 90Y-labeled fully human antibody panitumumabZhaofei Liu
Medical Isotopes Research Center, Peking University, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100191, China
Mol Cancer Ther 9:2297-308. 2010..Here, we report for the first time the radioimmunotherapy (RIT) of EGFR-positive human head and neck cancer in a nude mouse model using pure beta(-) emitter (90)Y-..
- Phase II trial of anticarcinoembryonic antigen pretargeted radioimmunotherapy in progressive metastatic medullary thyroid carcinoma: biomarker response and survival improvementPierre Yves Salaun
Nuclear Medicine Department, University Hospital and ICO Gauducheau Cancer Institute, IRCNA, Cancer Research Center, Universite de Nantes, INSERM, UMR 892, Nantes, France
J Nucl Med 53:1185-92. 2012..This prospective phase II multicenter trial evaluated the efficacy and safety of anti-CEA pretargeted radioimmunotherapy (pRAIT) in rapidly progressing metastatic MTC patients and also how serum biomarker DTs correlate with ..
- Outpatient 131I-rituximab radioimmunotherapy for non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a study in safetyPhillipe J Calais
Department of Nuclear Medicine, The University of Western Australia, Fremantle Hospital, Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
Clin Nucl Med 37:732-7. 2012This study aimed to establish the safety of outpatient 131I-rituximab radioimmunotherapy by measuring the radiation exposure of hospital staff, carers, and members of the public and by estimating the environmental impact of radioactive ..
- Radioimmunotherapy: optimizing delivery to solid tumorsVineeth Rajkumar
UCL Cancer Institute, University College London, 72 Huntley St, London WCIE 6BT, UK
Ther Deliv 2:567-72. 2011b>Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) is a cancer treatment that exploits the specific targeting capability of monoclonal antibodies to deliver cytotoxic radionuclides to antigen-expressing tumor cells or stromal targets...
- Pre-therapy 18F-FDG PET quantitative parameters help in predicting the response to radioimmunotherapy in non-Hodgkin lymphomaThomas Cazaentre
Service de Médecine Nucléaire et Imagerie Fonctionnelle, CHU Lille, 59000, Lille, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:494-504. 2010b>Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) is a new treatment option for patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). Response to RIT currently remains difficult to predict using conventional prognostic factors and could be refined using functional imaging...
- Bone Marrow Transplantation for Hematologic Malignancies using Novel RadioimmunotJohn M Pagel; Fiscal Year: 2013..objective of this research proposal is to develop a strategy to improve the cure rate of AML and MDS using radioimmunotherapy (RIT) pretargeted to the CD45 cell antigen...
- Vaccine Immunotoxin and Radioimmunotherapy of Primary and Metastatic CNS TumorsDarell D Bigner; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- In Vivo Imaging of bcl-2 Expression in LymphomaMichael R Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2012..Bcl-2-positive patients might respond better to alternative treatments, such as targeted immunotherapy, radioimmunotherapy (RIT), or antisense therapy, all of which act through mechanisms that down-regulate bcl- 2...
- Radioimmunotherapy for Multiple MyelomaDamian J Green; Fiscal Year: 2013..There is a scientifically compelling rationale for high dose radioimmunotherapy (RIT) conditioning followed by stem cell rescue for MM...
- Foundations of Pretargeted RadioimmunotherapyKARL D WITTRUP; Fiscal Year: 2013..Delivery of cell-killing doses of ionizing radiation to tumors is the objective of antibody-directed radioimmunotherapy (RIT)...
- CENTER FOR CANCER BIOLOGY RESEARCHW Keith Miskimins; Fiscal Year: 2011..The goal will be to combine radioimmunotherapy and nanoparticle technology for highly specific delivery of cytotoxic compounds...
- CD45 Pretargeted Radioimmunotherapy for AMLOliver W Press; Fiscal Year: 2013..The objective of this research proposal is to improve the cure rate of AML using radioimmunotherapy (RIT) targeting the CD45 cell antigen...
- Alpha Radioimmunotherapy for Lymphoma TreatmentBRENDA MARIE SANDMAIER; Fiscal Year: 2013..shown that patients whose tumors receive higher absorbed doses of radiation are less likely to recur after radioimmunotherapy (RIT)...
- CENTER FOR CANCER BIOLOGY RESEARCHW Keith Miskimins; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal will be to combine radioimmunotherapy and nanoparticle technology for highly specific delivery of cytotoxic compounds...
- Targeted therapy of pancreatic cancer with in vivo radionuclide generatorEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2012..New effective methods for therapy of PCa are urgently needed. Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) relies on antigen-antibody binding to deliver cytotoxic doses of alpha- or beta radiation to tumor ..
- Bispecific Antibody Engineering for AML RITOliver W Press; Fiscal Year: 2013..of this research proposal is to maximize the cure rate of AML using a novel approach employing pretargeted radioimmunotherapy (PRIT) with genetically engineered bispecific antibodies...
- THERAPY OF LYMPHOMA/LEUKEMIA WITH MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIESOliver W Press; Fiscal Year: 2013..3 (Pretargeting Trials), we plan to conduct the "first in human" clinical trials of multi-step pretargeted radioimmunotherapy directed at the CD45 antigen in patients with leukemia (Aim 1) and lymphoma (Aim 2)...
- CD38 Pretargeted Radioimmunotherapy for MyelomaOliver W Press; Fiscal Year: 2013..The efficacy of radioimmunotherapy (RIT) in the treatment of leukemia and lymphoma is well established...
- TWO COMPARTMENT MODELS TO IMPROVE BRAIN TUMOR THERAPYEdward A Neuwelt; Fiscal Year: 2012..In aim 4 clinical trials of immunotherapy, radioimmunotherapy, and neurotoxicity in PCNSL will be conducted...
- Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Hematologic MalignanciesStephen J Forman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This grant consists of four translational clinical projects and three cores. Project I entitled "Radioimmunotherapy-based Transplant Regimens for Treatment of B-cell Lymphoma and Acute Myelogenous Leukemia" is focused on ..
- MicroPET/SPECT/CT animal imaging device for translational researchEugene Fine; Fiscal Year: 2010..2) Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) targeted to specific lymphoid surface antigens in HIV;and to cryptococcal surface antigens for this ..
- Targeted liposomal radiotherapy of malignant mesotheliomaJiang He; Fiscal Year: 2011..Highly selective tumor location and targeting are needed. Our long term goal is to develop effective radioimmunotherapy (RIT) for human cancers by marrying radiotherapy with nanotechnology...
- Interaction of AIDS-associated microbes with radiationEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2010..Five years ago we first suggested the use of radioimmunotherapy (RIT) as a novel modality for treatment of opportunistic infections whereby radiolabeled specific monoclonal ..
- Immuno-PET With Anti-PSMA 89Zr-J591 mAb For Molecular Imaging of Prostate CancerJOSEPH REGINALD OSBORNE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Despite extensive experience in prostate cancer radioimmunotherapy (RIT) clinical trials at Weill Cornell Medical Center based on a humanized monoclonal antibody (huJ591), ..
- Novel Combination Therapy Against Pancreatic CancerManeesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) is a 'smart'way of delivering radiation to the known and occult metastatic cancer cells and ..
- Imaging Based Dosimetry for Individualized Internal Emitter TherapyYuni K Dewaraja; Fiscal Year: 2013..Such therapy optimization has not been used in therapies such as radioimmunotherapy (RIT) primarily because accurate internal emitter dose estimation is relatively difficult and because ..
- PRETARGETED RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY OF CD20+ LYMPHOMASOliver W Press; Fiscal Year: 2012..The objective of this research proposal is to optimize radioimmunotherapy (RIT) of B cell lymphomas utilizing pretargeting amplification strategies to improve the efficacy and ..
- The Tetrazine Ligation for Efficient 18F Labeling and Pretargeted Imaging/RadiothZibo Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..Moreover, we will also develop a novel pretargeted imaging and radioimmunotherapy method that will allow for universal and straightforward tagging of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) with an ..
- Humanized Anti-Trop2-SN-38 Conjugate For Advanced Pancreatic CancerWilliam A Wegener; Fiscal Year: 2012..is to build a comprehensive treatment program for the treatment of pancreatic cancer that will combine radioimmunotherapy with ADC...
- In vivo metal-free cycloaddition chemistry driven pretargeted cancer radiotherapyMARC ROBILLARD; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the proposed research is to develop novel metal-free "click chemistry" pretargeted approaches for cancer radioimmunotherapy (RIT)...
- Combined radio- and immunotherapy of aggressive NHLWilliam A Wegener; Fiscal Year: 2013..SBIR application is to translate rapidly preclinical findings that show the advantage of using a combination radioimmunotherapy plus immunotherapy treatment regimen that uses non-competing antibodies for the improved treatment of ..
- New bifunctional ligands for radioimmunotherapyHyun Soon Chong; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Antibody-targeted radiation therapy (Radioimmunotherapy, RIT) has shown great promise in the treatment of various cancers as demonstrated by numerous clinical and preclinical studies...
- Targeted Radiotherapy of Ovarian Cancer with a Novel, High Payload RadioligandHoward Sands; Fiscal Year: 2010..This makes FRA an ideal target for radioimmunotherapy (RAIT), which involves the parenteral administration of radiolabeled antitumor ligands...
- CEA TARGETED IMMUNOTHERAPEUTICSAndrew A Raubitschek; Fiscal Year: 2012..This aim will allow us to fully explore the immunological consequences of our radioimmunotherapy and compare them to more conventional external beam irradiation...
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO RADIO-IMMUNOCONJUGATE DOSIMETRYLee Chin; Fiscal Year: 1991Most currently existing methods used to determine doses during radioimmunotherapy (RIT) often rely on the false assumption of a spatially homogeneous radio-innumoconjugate (RIC) distribution throughout the tumor...
- NEW BCAS FOR RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY WITH RADIOMETALSDonald Buchsbaum; Fiscal Year: 2001..The experiments described in this application will provide answers to these questions. These studies would establish the rationale for human clinical RIT trials in patients with Jp. cancer using HuCC49ACH2. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy for LymphomaThomas Witzig; Fiscal Year: 2002..We anticipate that this novel radioimmunotherapy approach will result in more effective treatment for pts with NHL.
- IMPROVED SECOND ANTIBODY RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY OF CANCERROBERT SHARKEY; Fiscal Year: 2000..Investigator's Abstract): The long-term goals of this project is to evaluate procedures that will improve radioimmunotherapy (RAIT) by either increasing tumor accretion or decreasing normal tissue uptake, i.e...
- RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY--ISOTOPE AND ANTIBODY CHOICEVirginia Langmuir; Fiscal Year: 1993..Because of the poor results with systemic chemotherapy, it is essential to find other forms of therapy. Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) is an active field of research...
- Radioimmunotherapy of Acute LeukemiaEneida Nemecek; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COMBINED RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY & CHEMOTHERAPY--COLON CANCERMalik Juweid; Fiscal Year: 1999..The concept of combining adjuvant chemotherapy with FU-LV and radioimmunotherapy (RAIT) in colon cancer is especially attractive because of the additive and potentially synergistic anti-..
- Novel glutamate conjugates for radiotargeting PSMAJohn Babich; Fiscal Year: 2004The development of novel approaches for radioimmunoimaging and radioimmunotherapy is driven by the high incidence and mortality rate associated with prostate cancer in the United States...
- NOVEL COMBINATION THERAPY OF NEUROBLASTOMANai Kong Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2000..principles: (1) dose-intensive induction to improve remission rate and primary tumor control, (2) targeted radioimmunotherapy to eliminate occult metastatic disease, and (3) adjuvant monoclonal antibody for minimal residual disease...
- PHASE I STUDY OF ANTICD20/STREPTAVIDINHazel Breitz; Fiscal Year: 2001..can be used for the initial pretargeting step in the treatment of non-Hodgkin' lymphoma using a pretargeted radioimmunotherapy (PRITTM)...
- Radioactive Nanoparticle Immunoconjugates for the Treatment of Solid TumorsGregory Adams; Fiscal Year: 2009..One such approach known as Radioimmunotherapy (RAIT) entails employing anti-tumor antibodies to deliver cytotoxic agents such as radioisotopes...
- SYNERGISTIC CHEMO RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR B LYMPHOMASTimothy Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2003..objectives of this proposal are 1) to improve therapy for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma using combinations of radioimmunotherapy and chemotherapy and 2) to discern the intracellular mechanisms responsible for the synergistic cytotoxicity ..
- RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY OF LYMPHOMAMark Kaminski; Fiscal Year: 2000..Therefore, new therapeutic approaches are needed. We have now demonstrated that radioimmunotherapy (RIT) with 131-I-labeled anti-B1 (anti-CD20) results in major and durable tumor responses in virtually all ..
- SELECTIVE RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY OF COLON CANCERDavid Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 1980..tumor localization for more specific radiation therapy, utilizing the principles of neutron capture radioimmunotherapy. This involves the design and synthesis of boron-containing compounds capable of labeling immunoglobulins ..
- RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY USING BISPECIFIC ANTIBODIESHans Hansen; Fiscal Year: 2001This SBIR Phase II work will seek to develop and optimize reagents for the radioimmunotherapy of cancer using bispecific antibody pretargeting...
- RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY OF ADVANCED REFRACTORY OVARIAN CANCERMalik Juweid; Fiscal Year: 1999..The development of high-dose radioimmunotherapy in patients with advanced refractory EOC as an effective, yet far less toxic therapeutic modality, may have ..
- INORGANIC ION EXCHANGE MATERIALS: 90SR/90Y GENERATORPaul Sylvester; Fiscal Year: 200090Y is a beta-emitting isotope which is finding uses in radioimmunotherapy (RIT) for the treatment of cancers such as Hodgkin's disease. 90Y is the daughter product of 90Sr, a common isotope produced during the fission of 235U...
- NOVEL RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR LYMPHOMAJames Butrynski; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY STRATEGIES IN NONHODGKINS LYMPHOMASMELISSA CORCORAN; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Chelator for a Therapeutic Ra-223 RadiopharmaceuticalTERESIA MOLLER; Fiscal Year: 2004b>Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) is an extremely promising area of cancer treatment that combines the targeting power of monoclonal antibodies with localized radiation in order to damage tumor cells...
- Advances in Skeletal Dosimetry Through MicroimagingWesley Bolch; Fiscal Year: 2006..bone marrow continues to limit the amount of radioactivity that can be delivered to patients undergoing radioimmunotherapy. High-activity administrations thus demand interventional procedures, while low-activity administrations ..
- Cancer Therapy with Targeted Radioactive NanoparticlesBrian Smith; Fiscal Year: 2006Novel cancer treatments could be realized by marrying radioimmunotherapy (RAIT) with nanotechnology...
- NOVEL SEROTHERAPY STRATEGIES--PLASMA CELL MALIGNANCIESSTEVEN TREON; Fiscal Year: 2004..treatment approach for MM and WM patients involves use of antibody mediated immunotherapy (serotherapy) and radioimmunotherapy. As part of our efforts to develop serotherapy for PCD, we have sought to target tumor selective antigens on ..
- COMBINED RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY WITH RADIOTHERAPYJohn Humm; Fiscal Year: 2002..examines the hypothesis that radiolabeled antibody heterogeneity is the principal source of failure of radioimmunotherapy (RIT)...
- ELECTRON DOSIMETRY IN RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPYCheuk Kwok; Fiscal Year: 1991..The end product of the proposal will be validated computer programs which may eventually be used for routine treatment planning of radioimmunotherapy.
- Quantitative PET using isotopes with cascade gammas for personalized radionuclideGeorges El Fakhri; Fiscal Year: 2009Targeted radionuclide therapy (TRT) and radioimmunotherapy (RIT) are at the forefront of molecular cancer treatment modalities that involve the use of cancer cell-targeting radiopharmaceuticals, such as radiolabeled antibodies, which ..
- RAIT OF LUNG CANCER WITH RESIDUALIZING LABELSRhona Stein; Fiscal Year: 2000DESCRIPTION: Radioimmunotherapy (RAIT) is, in principle, an attractive modality for cancer treatment...
- TUMOR TARGETING BY SINGLE CHAIN FV MOLECULESLouis Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2002DESCRIPTION: (Applicant's Abstract) The long-term objective of this research program is to improve radioimmunotherapy (RIT) for human cancers through the use of antibody-pretargeting strategies...
- CONF ON RADIOIMMUNODETECTION AND RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPYDavid Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 1999..with monoclonal antibodies, clinical studies of radioimmunodetection of cancer, experimental and clinical radioimmunotherapy, reengineering of monoclonal antibodies, and new approaches to monoclonal antibodies and other tumor-..
- Radio-Immunotherapy (RIT) Planning Using SPECTLAWRENCE ZENG; Fiscal Year: 2004b>Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) provides an opportunity to deliver more specific radiation to tumor cells while sparing normal tissue. This new medical technology uses millions of cancer seeking antibodies to guide radiation to the cancer...
- RADIOIMMUNODETECTION & RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY OF CANCERDavid Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 1992This grant application seeks financial support for a Fourth Conference on Radioimmunodetection and Radioimmunotherapy of Cancer, to be held in Princeton, NJ, September 17-19, 1992...
- RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY OF NONHODGKINS LYMPHOMA WITH LL2David Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 2000..These patients are currently offered the option of non-myeloablative RAIT, which usually only results in partial and transient responses in this group of patients in need for a more aggressive therapy. ..
- RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY OF LUNG CANCERROBERT SHARKEY; Fiscal Year: 1993..cancer; and if a majority of the known lesions are targeted, the patient will be eligible to enter a Phase I radioimmunotherapy (RAIT) trial utilizing 131I-RS7-3g11 F(ab')2...
- IMPROVED RADIOIODINATION METHODS FOR RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPYSerengulam Govindan; Fiscal Year: 2000..b>Radioimmunotherapy has shown clinical efficacy against radiosensitive lymphomas in recent years, and is considered a ..
- Inorganic Ion Exchange Materials for 90Sr/90Y GeneratorALAN CISAR; Fiscal Year: 2003..1 hr) 90Y is seeing increasing interest as an isotope for use as a radiation source for radioimmunotherapy (RIT)...