Genomes and Genes
Summary: Preliminary cancer therapy (chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormone/endocrine therapy, immunotherapy, hyperthermia, etc.) that precedes a necessary second modality of treatment.
Publications304 found, 100 shown here
- Response to neoadjuvant therapy and long-term survival in patients with triple-negative breast cancerCornelia Liedtke
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1275-81. 2008..In this study, we compared response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and survival between patients with TNBC and non-TNBC...
- Repeated observation of breast tumor subtypes in independent gene expression data setsTherese Sorlie
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8418-23. 2003..Our results strongly support the idea that many of these breast tumor subtypes represent biologically distinct disease entities...
- Definition and impact of pathologic complete response on prognosis after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in various intrinsic breast cancer subtypesGunter von Minckwitz
German Breast Group, c o GBG Forschungs GmbH, Martin Behaim Straße 12, 63263 Neu Isenburg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 30:1796-804. 2012..The exact definition of pathologic complete response (pCR) and its prognostic impact on survival in intrinsic breast cancer subtypes is uncertain...
- Association of breast cancer stem cells identified by aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 expression with resistance to sequential Paclitaxel and epirubicin-based chemotherapy for breast cancersTomonori Tanei
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:4234-41. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate whether cancer stem cells were clinically significant for resistance to chemotherapy in human breast cancers...
- Survival after neoadjuvant chemotherapy or chemoradiotherapy for resectable oesophageal carcinoma: an updated meta-analysisKatrin M Sjoquist
National Health and Medical Research Council Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Lancet Oncol 12:681-92. 2011..We updated this meta-analysis with results from new or updated randomised trials presented in the past 3 years. We also compared the benefits of preoperative neoadjuvant chemotherapy compared with neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy with trastuzumab followed by adjuvant trastuzumab versus neoadjuvant chemotherapy alone, in patients with HER2-positive locally advanced breast cancer (the NOAH trial): a randomised controlled superiority trial with a parallel HERLuca Gianni
Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Lancet 375:377-84. 2010..We aimed to assess event-free survival in patients with HER2-positive locally advanced or inflammatory breast cancer receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy with or without 1 year of trastuzumab...
- Preoperative chemotherapy: updates of National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Protocols B-18 and B-27Priya Rastogi
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute Magee Womens Hospital, 300 Halket St, Room 3524, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:778-85. 2008..Protocol B-27 was designed to determine the effect of adding docetaxel (T) to preoperative AC on tumor response rates, DFS, and OS...
- Lapatinib versus trastuzumab in combination with neoadjuvant anthracycline-taxane-based chemotherapy (GeparQuinto, GBG 44): a randomised phase 3 trialMichael Untch
HELIOS Klinikum, Berlin Buch, Berlin, Germany
Lancet Oncol 13:135-44. 2012..We compared the efficacy and safety of the addition of lapatinib versus trastuzumab to anthracycline-taxane-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Recommendations from an international expert panel on the use of neoadjuvant (primary) systemic treatment of operable breast cancer: an updateManfred Kaufmann
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, J W Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt, Germany
J Clin Oncol 24:1940-9. 2006..As part of this effort, data published to date were reviewed critically and indications for neoadjuvant treatment were newly defined...
- Magnetic resonance imaging response monitoring of breast cancer during neoadjuvant chemotherapy: relevance of breast cancer subtypeClaudette E Loo
Department of Radiology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital NKI AVL, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 29:660-6. 2011..To evaluate the relevance of breast cancer subtypes for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) markers for monitoring of therapy response during neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NAC)...
- Phase III comparison of preoperative chemotherapy compared with chemoradiotherapy in patients with locally advanced adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junctionMichael Stahl
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Kliniken Essen Mitte, Henricistr 92, D 45136 Essen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:851-6. 2009..Preoperative chemotherapy is an accepted standard in the treatment of localized esophagogastric adenocarcinoma. Adding radiation therapy to preoperative chemotherapy appears promising, but its definitive value remains unknown...
- Tumor-associated lymphocytes as an independent predictor of response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancerCarsten Denkert
Institute of Pathology, Charite Hospital, Campus Mitte, Schumannstr 20 21, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Oncol 28:105-13. 2010....
- Survival benefits from neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy or chemotherapy in oesophageal carcinoma: a meta-analysisVal Gebski
National Health and Medical Research Council Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Lancet Oncol 8:226-34. 2007..We aimed to clarify the benefits of neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy or chemotherapy versus surgery alone by a meta-analysis of randomised trial data...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer-response evaluation and prediction of response to treatment using dynamic contrast-enhanced and diffusion-weighted MR imagingA Fangberget
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, Montebello, 0310, Oslo, Norway
Eur Radiol 21:1188-99. 2011....
- Neoadjuvant treatment response as an early response indicator for patients with rectal cancerIn Ja Park
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1402, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:1770-6. 2012..The purpose of this study was to assess and compare oncologic outcomes associated with the degree of pathologic response after chemoradiotherapy...
- Use of dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imaging to predict survival in patients with primary breast cancer undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapySonia P Li
Academic Oncology Unit, Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Rickmansworth Rd, Northwood, Middlesex, HA6 2RN, England
Radiology 260:68-78. 2011....
- Pathologic complete response after neoadjuvant chemotherapy plus trastuzumab predicts favorable survival in human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-overexpressing breast cancer: results from the TECHNO trial of the AGO and GBG study groupsMichael Untch
Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Schwanebecker Chaussee 50, 13125 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Oncol 29:3351-7. 2011..To evaluate efficacy and safety of epirubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel and trastuzumab as neoadjuvant treatment in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-overexpressing breast cancer...
- Long-term outcome in patients with a pathological complete response after chemoradiation for rectal cancer: a pooled analysis of individual patient dataMonique Maas
Department of Surgery, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, Netherlands
Lancet Oncol 11:835-44. 2010..This study established whether patients with pCR have better long-term outcome than do those without pCR...
- MicroRNA-10b expression correlates with response to neoadjuvant therapy and survival in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaMeir Preis
Department of Medicine and Pathology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:5812-21. 2011..MicroRNAs (miRNA) are noncoding regulatory RNAs involved in initiation and progression of human cancers. In this study, we sought to determine whether miR-10b could serve as a biomarker for PDAC...
- Prognostic value of Ki67 expression after short-term presurgical endocrine therapy for primary breast cancerMitch Dowsett
Academic Department of Biochemistry, 4th Floor, Wallace Wing, The Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Road, London SW3 6 JJ, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:167-70. 2007....
- The TME trial after a median follow-up of 6 years: increased local control but no survival benefit in irradiated patients with resectable rectal carcinomaKoen C M J Peeters
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ann Surg 246:693-701. 2007..To investigate the efficacy of preoperative short-term radiotherapy in patients with mobile rectal cancer undergoing total mesorectal excision (TME) surgery...
- Molecular subtypes and tumor response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with locally advanced breast cancerSeung Il Kim
Department of Surgery, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Korea
Oncology 79:324-30. 2010..Pathologic complete response (pCR) is the most predictive factor for patients with neoadjuvant chemotherapy and we investigated the rate of pCR according to molecular subtypes defined by immunohistochemical staining...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy of breast cancer: tumor markers as predictors of pathologic response, recurrence, and survivalLisa M Precht
Swedish Cancer Institute, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Breast J 16:362-8. 2010..For both HR- and HR+, addition of NAT for HER2+ tumors results in both a superior response and outcome...
- Randomized phase II neoadjuvant comparison between letrozole, anastrozole, and exemestane for postmenopausal women with estrogen receptor-rich stage 2 to 3 breast cancer: clinical and biomarker outcomes and predictive value of the baseline PAM50-based intMatthew J Ellis
Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University in St Louis, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:2342-9. 2011..To study this treatment option, responses to three AIs were compared in a randomized phase II neoadjuvant trial designed to select agents for phase III investigations...
- Subcutaneous versus intravenous administration of (neo)adjuvant trastuzumab in patients with HER2-positive, clinical stage I-III breast cancer (HannaH study): a phase 3, open-label, multicentre, randomised trialGustavo Ismael
Hospital Amaral Carvalho, Jau, Brazil
Lancet Oncol 13:869-78. 2012..We compared the pharmacokinetic profile, efficacy, and safety of the subcutaneous and intravenous formulations in patients with HER2-positive early breast cancer...
- Preoperative multimodality therapy improves disease-free survival in patients with carcinoma of the rectum: NSABP R-03Mark S Roh
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project NSABP Operations Cente, University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:5124-30. 2009..The NSABP R-03 (National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project R-03) trial compared neoadjuvant versus adjuvant chemoradiotherapy in the treatment of locally advanced rectal carcinoma...
- Measurement of residual breast cancer burden to predict survival after neoadjuvant chemotherapyW Fraser Symmans
Department of Pathology, Unit 85, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:4414-22. 2007..To measure residual disease after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in order to improve the prognostic information that can be obtained from evaluating pathologic response...
- Recommendations from an international consensus conference on the current status and future of neoadjuvant systemic therapy in primary breast cancerManfred Kaufmann
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics and Breast Unit, Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Ann Surg Oncol 19:1508-16. 2012..The obtained consensus was updated in two subsequent meetings in 2004 and 2006. The most recent conference on recommendations on the use of NST took place in 2010 and forms the basis of this report...
- Pathology of breast carcinomas after neoadjuvant chemotherapy: an overview with recommendations on specimen processing and reportingSunati Sahoo
Department of Pathology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 133:633-42. 2009..The pathologic examination of these specimens can be quite challenging...
- Capecitabine in addition to anthracycline- and taxane-based neoadjuvant treatment in patients with primary breast cancer: phase III GeparQuattro studyGunter von Minckwitz
Universitäts Frauenklinik Frankfurt, German Breast Group Forschungs GmbH, Martin Behaim Strasse 12, 63263 Neu Isenburg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 28:2015-23. 2010..CONCLUSION Adding capecitabine to or prolonging duration of neoadjuvant EC plus docetaxel does not result in higher efficacy at surgery...
- Meta-analysis of the association of breast cancer subtype and pathologic complete response to neoadjuvant chemotherapyNehmat Houssami
Screening and Test Evaluation Program, School of Public Health, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Eur J Cancer 48:3342-54. 2012..We aimed to report summary estimates of the proportion of subjects achieving pCR (pCR%) by tumour subtype, and to determine whether subtype was independently associated with pCR, in a study-level meta-analysis...
- Is 18F-FDG PET accurate to predict neoadjuvant therapy response in breast cancer? A meta-analysisYuting Wang
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, 227 South Chongqing Rd, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:357-69. 2012..18)F-FDG PET is useful to predict neoadjuvant therapy response in breast cancer. However, the relatively low specificity and PPV still call for caution...
- Tumour response and secondary resectability of colorectal liver metastases following neoadjuvant chemotherapy with cetuximab: the CELIM randomised phase 2 trialGunnar Folprecht
University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Medical Department I University Cancer Center, Dresden, Germany
Lancet Oncol 11:38-47. 2010..Neoadjuvant chemotherapy for unresectable colorectal liver metastases can downsize tumours for curative resection. We assessed the effectiveness of cetuximab combined with chemotherapy in this setting...
- Bevacizumab added to neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancerHarry D Bear
Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine and the Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0011, USA
N Engl J Med 366:310-20. 2012....
- A stroma-related gene signature predicts resistance to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancerPierre Farmer
Swiss National Centre of Competence in Research Molecular Oncology, Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, School of Life Sciences, Epalinges s Lausanne, Switzerland
Nat Med 15:68-74. 2009..These findings identify a previously undescribed resistance mechanism to FEC treatment and suggest that antistromal agents may offer new ways to overcome resistance to chemotherapy...
- Preoperative chemotherapy in primary operable breast cancer: results from the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer trial 10902J A van der Hage
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 19:4224-37. 2001....
- Primary bone osteosarcoma in the pediatric age: state of the artAlessandra Longhi
Chemotherapy Surgery of the Musculoskeletal, Oncology Department at Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Bologna, Italy
Cancer Treat Rev 32:423-36. 2006..Other drugs have been employed in relapsed patients with poor results. This article reviews the state of the art of treatment for bone osteosarcoma in the pediatric age...
- Long-term results of a randomized trial of surgery with or without preoperative chemotherapy in esophageal cancerWilliam H Allum
Department of Surgery, Royal Marsden National Health Services Foundation Trust, London, UK
J Clin Oncol 27:5062-7. 2009..Initial results reported in 2002 demonstrated an advantage for both disease-free and overall survival in the CS group. The analysis has now been updated after a median follow-up of 6 years...
- Long-term results of a randomized trial comparing preoperative short-course radiotherapy with preoperative conventionally fractionated chemoradiation for rectal cancerK Bujko
Department of Radiotherapy, Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Centre, Warsaw, Poland
Br J Surg 93:1215-23. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare survival, local control and late toxicity in the two treatment groups...
- Histomorphology and grading of regression in gastric carcinoma treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapyKaren Becker
Institute of Pathology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Cancer 98:1521-30. 2003..The authors performed the current study to determine which histomorphologic features are correlated with patient prognosis after chemotherapy...
- Preoperative/neoadjuvant therapy in pancreatic cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of response and resection percentagesSonja Gillen
Department of Surgery, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
PLoS Med 7:e1000267. 2010..The objective of the present analysis was to systematically review studies concerning the effects of neoadjuvant therapy on tumor response, toxicity, resection, and survival percentages in pancreatic cancer.
- Impact of treatment characteristics on response of different breast cancer phenotypes: pooled analysis of the German neo-adjuvant chemotherapy trialsGunter von Minckwitz
German Breast Group, c o GBG Forschungs GmbH, Martin Behaim Str 12, 63263 Neu Isenburg, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 125:145-56. 2011..We determined whether characteristics of neoadjuvant therapy are associated with pCR...
- Treatment of non-small cell lung cancer-stage IIIA: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (2nd edition)Lary A Robinson
Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Thoracic Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Dr, Tampa, FL 33612 9497, USA
Chest 132:243S-265S. 2007..This review explores the published clinical trials to make treatment recommendations in this controversial subset of lung cancer...
- PET to assess early metabolic response and to guide treatment of adenocarcinoma of the oesophagogastric junction: the MUNICON phase II trialFlorian Lordick
Department of Surgery, Clinic rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Lancet Oncol 8:797-805. 2007..We aimed to assess the feasibility of a PET-response-guided treatment algorithm and its potential effect on prognosis...
- Validation of gene signatures that predict the response of breast cancer to neoadjuvant chemotherapy: a substudy of the EORTC 10994/BIG 00-01 clinical trialHerve Bonnefoi
Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet Oncol 8:1071-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to confirm the validity of these gene-expression signatures in a large series of patients with oestrogen-receptor-negative breast tumours who were treated in a phase III neoadjuvant clinical trial...
- Effect of neoadjuvant anthracycline-taxane-based chemotherapy in different biological breast cancer phenotypes: overall results from the GeparTrio studyJens Huober
Brustzentrum Kantonsspital St Gallen, St Gallen, Switzerland
Breast Cancer Res Treat 124:133-40. 2010..No factor predicted mid-course response within the other groups. Grading and age can identify subgroups within the luminal and triple negative patients who have an increased benefit from NACT...
- Neoadjuvant therapy for rectal cancer: the impact of longer interval between chemoradiation and surgeryLuiz Felipe de Campos-Lobato
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Digestive Disease Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue A30, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 15:444-50. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine the effect of a longer interval between neoadjuvant chemoradiation and surgery on perioperative morbidity and oncologic outcomes...
- Pathologic response after neoadjuvant therapy is the major determinant of survival in patients with esophageal cancerKenneth L Meredith
Department of Gastrointestinal Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 17:1159-67. 2010..b>Neoadjuvant therapy (NT) may improve oncologic outcome in many patients, however the degree to which patients benefit remains ..
- MR and US imaging for breast cancer patients who underwent conservation surgery after neoadjuvant chemotherapy: comparison of triple negative breast cancer and other intrinsic subtypesHiroshi Nakahara
Breastopia Namba Hospital, Breastopia Medical Corporation, 2 112 1 Maruyama, Miyazaki, Miyazaki, 880 0052, Japan
Breast Cancer 18:152-60. 2011..The purpose of this study was to review the findings of ultrasonography (US) and magnetic resonance (MR) imaging in patients treated with breast conservation surgery (BCS) after NAC with a focus on intrinsic subtypes...
- Pathological complete response rates following different neoadjuvant chemotherapy regimens for operable breast cancer according to ER status, in two parallel, randomized phase II trials with an adaptive study design (ECTO II)Milvia Zambetti
Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 132:843-51. 2012..Translational studies investigating interactions between therapeutic agents and tumor biology are warranted to refine patient selection and improve the results of neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Breast cancer: evaluation of response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy with 3.0-T MR imagingJeon Hor Chen
Tu and Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging and Department of Radiological Sciences, University of California, 164 Irvine Hall, Irvine, CA 92697 5020, USA
Radiology 261:735-43. 2011..0-T magnetic resonance (MR) imaging...
- Impact of breast cancer molecular subtypes on locoregional recurrence in patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy for locally advanced breast cancerMichael O Meyers
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina School of Medicine at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:2851-7. 2011..The impact of subtypes on locoregional recurrence (LRR) after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for locally advanced breast cancer is unknown...
- Trastuzumab-based treatment of HER2-positive breast cancer: an antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity mechanism?L Arnould
Department of Pathology, Centre G F Leclerc, Dijon 21000, France
Br J Cancer 94:259-67. 2006..These results suggest that trastuzumab plus taxanes lead to enhanced NK cell activity, which may partially account for the synergistic activity of trastuzumab and docetaxel in breast cancer...
- An interval >7 weeks between neoadjuvant therapy and surgery improves pathologic complete response and disease-free survival in patients with locally advanced rectal cancerHagit Tulchinsky
Proctology Unit, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2661-7. 2008We assessed whether the time interval between neoadjuvant therapy and surgery affects the operative and postoperative morbidity and mortality, the pathologic complete response (pCR) rate, and disease recurrence in locally advanced rectal ..
- Proton MR spectroscopy for monitoring early treatment response of breast cancer to neo-adjuvant chemotherapyH M Baek
Ann Oncol 19:1022-4. 2008
- Tumor regression in mesorectal lymphnodes after neoadjuvant chemoradiation for rectal cancerM Caricato
Department of Surgery, Campus Bio Medico University, Via Longoni 47, 00155 Rome, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:724-8. 2007..The purpose of this study is to analyse the TRG on mesorectal lymphnodes (lymphnode regression grade, LRG) after preoperative chemoradiation in rectal cancer patients and to determine the correlation with TRG of primary tumor...
- A prospective randomized study with a 5-year minimum follow-up evaluation of transanal endoscopic microsurgery versus laparoscopic total mesorectal excision after neoadjuvant therapyG Lezoche
Department of Surgery Paride Stefanini, II Clinica Chirurgica, University of Rome La Sapienza, Viale del Policlinico, 00161, Rome, Italy
Surg Endosc 22:352-8. 2008..TEM) and those for laparoscopic resection (LR) via total mesorectal excision in the treatment of T(2) N(0), G(1-2 )rectal cancer after neoadjuvant therapy with both treatments, incorporating a 5-year minimum follow-up period.
- Breast stromal enhancement on MRI is associated with response to neoadjuvant chemotherapyJona Hattangadi
Department of Radiology, Magnetic Resonance Science Center, 1 Irving St, Rm AC 109, Box 1290, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:1630-6. 2008....
- Primary tumor response to preoperative chemoradiation with or without oxaliplatin in locally advanced rectal cancer: pathologic results of the STAR-01 randomized phase III trialCarlo Aschele
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
J Clin Oncol 29:2773-80. 2011..To investigate oxaliplatin combined with fluorouracil-based chemoradiotherapy as preoperative treatment for locally advanced rectal cancer...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy compared with surgery alone for locally advanced cancer of the stomach and cardia: European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer randomized trial 40954Christoph Schuhmacher
Klinikum rechts der Isar, Chirurgische Klinik der TU München, Ismaningerstr 22, D 81675 Munchen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 28:5210-8. 2010..We examined the value of purely preoperative chemotherapy in a phase III trial with strict preoperative staging and surgical resection guidelines...
- The relevance of breast cancer subtypes in the outcome of neoadjuvant chemotherapyM E Straver
Department of Surgical Oncology, Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 17:2411-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the differences between histological and receptor-based subtypes in breast-conserving surgery and pathological complete response (pCR) after neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Efficacy of neoadjuvant Cisplatin in triple-negative breast cancerDaniel P Silver
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Medical Oncology, Smith 209, 1 Jimmy Fund Way, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:1145-53. 2010..CONCLUSION Single-agent cisplatin induced response in a subset of patients with TNBC. Decreased BRCA1 expression may identify subsets of TNBCs that are cisplatin sensitive. Other biomarkers show promise in predicting cisplatin response...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast carcinoma: multidisciplinary considerations of benefits and risksThomas A Buchholz
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 98:1150-60. 2003..Over the past decade, it has become increasingly more common to deliver chemotherapy first, but this has raised new questions within all disciplines of cancer management...
- Chemoradiation with and without surgery in patients with locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagusMichael Stahl
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Kliniken Essen Mitte, Henricistr 92, D 45136 Essen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:2310-7. 2005..Combined chemoradiotherapy with and without surgery are widely accepted alternatives for the curative treatment of patients with locally advanced esophageal cancer. The value of adding surgery to chemotherapy and radiotherapy is unknown...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer: significantly enhanced response with docetaxelIan C Smith
Department of Academic Radiology, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 20:1456-66. 2002..To compare the efficacy of neoadjuvant (NA) docetaxel (DOC) with anthracycline-based therapy and determine the efficacy of NA DOC in patients with breast cancer initially failing to respond to anthracycline-based NA chemotherapy (CT)...
- Prognostic impact of clinicopathologic parameters in stage II/III breast cancer treated with neoadjuvant docetaxel and doxorubicin chemotherapy: paradoxical features of the triple negative breast cancerBhumsuk Keam
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
BMC Cancer 7:203. 2007..The purpose of this study was to identify the clinical significance of potential predictive and prognostic factors in breast cancer patients treated by neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Significance of histopathological tumor regression after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in gastric adenocarcinomas: a summary of 480 casesKaren Becker
Institute of Pathology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Ann Surg 253:934-9. 2011..An increasing number of patients with locally advanced gastric carcinomas (GC) are being treated with preoperative chemotherapy before surgery...
- Predicting long-term survival and treatment response in breast cancer patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy by MR metabolic profilingMaria D Cao
Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, 7489, Trondheim, Norway
NMR Biomed 25:369-78. 2012..This study aimed to evaluate whether MR metabolic profiling can be used for prediction of long-term survival and monitoring of treatment response in locally advanced breast cancer patients during neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NAC)...
- Early changes in functional dynamic magnetic resonance imaging predict for pathologic response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in primary breast cancerMei Lin W Ah-See
Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Middlesex, UK
Clin Cancer Res 14:6580-9. 2008..We examined whether DCE-MRI done after two cycles of neoadjuvant chemotherapy could predict final clinical and pathologic response in primary breast cancers...
- Surgery alone versus chemoradiotherapy followed by surgery for resectable cancer of the oesophagus: a randomised controlled phase III trialBryan H Burmeister
University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Lancet Oncol 6:659-68. 2005..We aimed to assess whether a short preoperative chemoradiotherapy regimen improves outcomes for patients with resectable oesophageal cancer...
- The prognostic significance of Ki67 before and after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancerRobin L Jones
Academic Department of Biochemistry, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 116:53-68. 2009..To compare the prognostic significance of proliferation, as assessed by Ki67 expression, in breast cancer before and after neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Response of borderline resectable pancreatic cancer to neoadjuvant therapy is not reflected by radiographic indicatorsMatthew H G Katz
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 118:5749-56. 2012..In this study, the authors sought to determine the rate at which neoadjuvant therapy is associated with a reduction in the size or stage of borderline resectable tumors.
- What is the current standard of care for anti-HER2 neoadjuvant therapy in breast cancer?Gunter von Minckwitz
German Breast Group GBG Forschungs GmbH, Neu Isenburg, Germany
Oncology (Williston Park) 26:20-6. 2012..Recent findings suggest pCR might not be the appropriate surrogate for long-term outcome in patients with hormone receptor-positive and HER2-positive tumors...
- A multicenter randomized phase II study of sequential epirubicin/cyclophosphamide followed by docetaxel with or without celecoxib or trastuzumab according to HER2 status, as primary chemotherapy for localized invasive breast cancer patientsJean Yves Pierga
Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75005, Paris, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 122:429-37. 2010..In HER2-positive tumor patients, trastuzumab added to ECD leads to increased pCR rates. It was the only combination to deserve further study according to the two-stage Fleming's design used in this trial...
- Neoadjuvant docetaxel, capecitabine and cisplatin (DXP) in patients with unresectable locally advanced or metastatic gastric cancerSun Jin Sym
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 17:1024-32. 2010..This phase II study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy of neoadjuvant chemotherapy with docetaxel, cisplatin and capecitabine (DXP) in patients with unresectable locally advanced and/or intra-abdominal metastatic gastric cancers...
- MRI staging after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer: does tumor biology affect accuracy?Kandace P McGuire
Department of Surgery, Magee Womens Hospital, University of Pittsburgh, 300 Halket St, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:3149-54. 2011..We seek to quantify this MRI/pathology discrepancy and determine if the accuracy of MRI post NAC varies with tumor subtype...
- Activity and resistance of trastuzumab according to different clinical settingsElda Tagliabue
Molecular Targeting Unit, Department of Experimental Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
Cancer Treat Rev 38:212-7. 2012..Moreover, since trastuzumab resistance likely depends directly on the mechanisms responsible for its antitumor activity, resistance mechanisms must also be considered with respect to the different clinical settings...
- A common language in neoadjuvant breast cancer clinical trials: proposals for standard definitions and endpointsDebora Fumagalli
Breast Cancer Translational Research Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Institut Jules Bordet, Brussels, Belgium
Lancet Oncol 13:e240-8. 2012..We expect that implementation of these recommendations will improve the conduct, reporting, and effectiveness of clinical trials and fully exploit the clinical and scientific potential of the neoadjuvant setting in breast cancer...
- BRCA1 mRNA expression and outcome to neoadjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy in bladder cancerA Font
Medical Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol and Autonomous University of Barcelona, Badalona
Ann Oncol 22:139-44. 2011..BRCA1 plays a central role in DNA repair pathways and low BRCA1 expression has been associated with sensitivity to cisplatin and longer survival in lung and ovarian cancer patients...
- The significance of a marginal excision after preoperative radiation therapy for soft tissue sarcoma of the extremityRoi Dagan
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Cancer 118:3199-207. 2012..This study therefore investigated the significance of marginal margins in patients treated with preoperative RT for extremity STS, reporting long-term local control and limb preservation endpoints...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer: prediction of pathologic response with PET/CT and dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imaging--prospective assessmentUkihide Tateishi
Department of Radiology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 236 0004, Japan
Radiology 263:53-63. 2012....
- Intratumoral regulatory T cells as an independent predictive factor for pathological complete response to neoadjuvant paclitaxel followed by 5-FU/epirubicin/cyclophosphamide in breast cancer patientsNaofumi Oda
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Breast Cancer Res Treat 136:107-16. 2012..The possible indirect mechanism through which chemotherapy exerts its anti-tumor activity, i.e., enhancing anti-tumor immunity by inhibiting FOXP3, was also suggested...
- Randomized phase III study of surgery alone or surgery plus preoperative cisplatin and gemcitabine in stages IB to IIIA non-small-cell lung cancerGiorgio V Scagliotti
University of Turin, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, S Luigi Hospital, Regione Gonzole 10, 10043 Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 30:172-8. 2012....
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy and concomitant trastuzumab in breast cancer: a pooled analysis of two randomized trialsFausto Petrelli
Azienda Ospedaliera Treviglio Caravaggio, Treviglio, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 22:128-35. 2011..Trastuzumab significantly reduces the risk of relapse and does not increase the risk of cardiotoxicity,despite being associated with anthracyclines. The largest benefit was observed in a locally advanced patient study...
- Prognostic value of estrogen receptor and Ki-67 index after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in locally advanced breast cancer expressing high levels of proliferation at diagnosisL Miglietta
S C Oncologia Medica C, Istituto Nazionale per Ricerca sul Cancro, ASL3 Genovese, Genova, Italy
Oncology 79:255-61. 2010..indicate that a single measurement of the nuclear proliferation marker Ki-67 in breast carcinoma during neoadjuvant therapy is strongly predictive of long-term outcome...
- Expression of epithelial-mesenchymal transition-inducing transcription factors in primary breast cancer: The effect of neoadjuvant therapyMichal Mego
Department of Hematopathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Int J Cancer 130:808-16. 2012..In summary, our results demonstrate that CTCs with EMT phenotype may occur in the peripheral circulation of patients with PBC and that NAT is unable to eliminate CTCs undergoing EMT...
- Trastuzumab combined to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with HER2-positive breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisAntonis Valachis
Department of Medical Oncology, University General Hospital of Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Breast 20:485-90. 2011..To perform a meta-analysis in order to quantify the actual cumulative randomized evidence for the benefit and toxicity of trastuzumab combined with neoadjuvant chemotherapy in HER2-positive breast cancer...
- Adjuvant and neoadjuvant therapy for primary GISTBurton L Eisenberg
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Dartmouth Medical School, Section of Surgical Oncology, Lebanon, NH, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 67:S3-8. 2011..b>Neoadjuvant therapy with tyrosine kinase inhibition has potential usefulness in primary GIST, although not yet as standard of ..
- Predictors of complete pathological response after neoadjuvant systemic therapy for breast cancerMarcus C Tan
Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Am J Surg 198:520-5. 2009The aim of the current study was to identify predictors of pathologic complete response (pCR) following neoadjuvant therapy.
- Preoperative chemoradiotherapy for esophageal or junctional cancerP van Hagen
Department of Surgery, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 366:2074-84. 2012..We compared chemoradiotherapy followed by surgery with surgery alone in this patient population...
- Neoadjuvant treatment with trastuzumab in HER2-positive breast cancer: results from the GeparQuattro studyMichael Untch
Universitäts Frauenklinik Frankfurt, c o GBG Forschungs GmbH, Martin Behaim Str 12, 63263 Neu Isenburg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 28:2024-31. 2010..Combination of chemotherapy with trastuzumab should be considered when neoadjuvant treatment is given to patients with HER2-positive breast cancer...
- Survival benefit of neoadjuvant chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer: an updated meta-analysis of 13 randomized control trialsWei an Song
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
J Thorac Oncol 5:510-6. 2010..This article contributes to this problem by conducting an updated meta-analysis...
- Neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for resectable esophageal carcinoma: a meta-analysisHai Lin Jin
Department of Gastroenterology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:5983-91. 2009..To compare neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy and surgery with surgery alone for resectable esophageal carcinoma...
- Borderline resectable pancreatic cancer: the importance of this emerging stage of diseaseMatthew H G Katz
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1402, USA
J Am Coll Surg 206:833-46; discussion 846-8. 2008..There is no optimal treatment schema for this distinct stage of disease, so the role of surgery is undefined...
- Surgery following neoadjuvant therapy in patients with HER2-positive locally advanced or inflammatory breast cancer participating in the NeOAdjuvant Herceptin (NOAH) studyV Semiglazov
NN Petrov Research Institute of Oncology, St Petersburg Oncology, 68, Leningradskaya Str Pesochny 2, St Petersburg, Russian Federation, Russia
Eur J Surg Oncol 37:856-63. 2011..To describe surgical outcomes in patients with HER2-positive locally advanced (LABC) or inflammatory breast cancer (IBC) participating in the NeOAdjuvant Herceptin (NOAH) study (ISRCTN86043495)...
- Multimodality strategies in malignant pleural mesotheliomaWalter Weder
Division of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 21:172-6. 2009..In this article, we discuss several strategies that involve EPP or pleurectomy/decortication in combination with various adjuvant and neoadjuvant therapies...
- Improving the accuracy of TNM staging in esophageal cancer: a pathological review of resected specimensSarah K Thompson
Discipline of Surgery, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Ann Surg Oncol 15:3447-58. 2008..Inclusion of additional information such as the number of metastatic lymph nodes and extracapsular lymph node invasion may improve the current staging system and lead to optimization of patient treatment...
- The pathologic complete response open question in primary therapyCaterina Marchio
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, University of Turin, Turin 10126, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2011:86-90. 2011..Residual isolated tumor cells in primary tumor and in lymph nodes do not affect patient outcome...
- Clinical significance of axillary nodal ratio in stage II/III breast cancer treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapyBhumsuk Keam
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Chongno Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Breast Cancer Res Treat 116:153-60. 2009..The purpose of this study was to identify the clinical significance of the involved nodal ratios in patients with stage II/III breast cancer treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Does adjuvant fluoropyrimidine-based chemotherapy provide a benefit for patients with resected rectal cancer who have already received neoadjuvant radiochemotherapy? A systematic review of randomised trialsK Bujko
Department of Radiotherapy, The Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Centre, Warsaw, Poland
Ann Oncol 21:1743-50. 2010..To evaluate this discrepancy further, a systematic review of relevant randomised trials was undertaken...
- Neoadjuvant systemic treatment of breast cancerIssam Makhoul
Hematology Oncology Division, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Surg Oncol 103:348-57. 2011..Thus, there is a need to understand the biological underpinnings of the different types of breast cancer in order to design better treatments that will ultimately improve the eradication rate of this disease...
- microRNAs as novel biomarkers for management of breast cancerLORENZO SEMPERE; Fiscal Year: 2012..in dif- ferent adjuvant therapy settings using recurrence-free survival as endpoint marker and in a neoadjuvant therapy setting using pathological complete response as endpoint marker...
- Persistent microRNA changes in serum of cancer-free breast cancer patientsHarikrishna Nakshatri; Fiscal Year: 2012..Serum from breast cancer patients prior to starting neoadjuvant therapy, immediately after completing therapy but before surgery, and after surgery will be examined for U6, 5S RNA ..
- Targeted Therapy of Triple Negative Breast Cancer Using Theranostic NanoparticlesLily Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will use the mice bearing orthotopic TNBC to study the effects of integration of preoperative targeted neoadjuvant therapy, monitoring therapeutic responses by non-invasive MRI, and intraoperative optical imaging of tumor lesions ..
- A Neoadjuvant Trial of Anastrazole and A Novel SRC Inhibitor, AZD0530, for LABCJOYCE MARIE contact SLINGERLAND; Fiscal Year: 2010..the tumor initiating cells (cancer stem cells) may be critically linked to both immediate responsiveness to neoadjuvant therapy and to long term outcome...
- Time Resolved Breast Imaging Using a Combined MRI and Optical Tomography ApproachSTEFAN ALEXANDRU CARP; Fiscal Year: 2013..Many patients though do not respond to neoadjuvant therapy, and may be better off switching to a different treatment regime, or progressing to surgery immediately...
- ALTERNATIVE BREAST CANCER IMAGING MODALITIESKeith D Paulsen; Fiscal Year: 2010..of palpable masses on clinical breast exams, and (3) the imaging of locally-advanced cancers receiving neoadjuvant therapy. Structurally, the Program revolves around the four Project components, one responsible for each imaging ..
- Monitoring of Breast Neoadjuvant Therapy by Thermo- and Photo- Acoustic TomographLihong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long-term goal is to provide a clinical tool for the early functional monitoring of breast neoadjuvant therapy (chemo- or hormone therapy)...
- Innovative approach to cancer detection and treatment monitoringTony E Godfrey; Fiscal Year: 2013..another important clinical issue in the management of patients with EAC: dynamic monitoring of response to neoadjuvant therapy. Up to 40% of patients do not respond to neoadjuvant therapy and are thus exposed to the associated ..
- Molecular predictors of post-mastectomy breast cancer loco-regional recurrenceFunda Meric-Bernstam; Fiscal Year: 2013..e. stage T1-T3 breast cancer with 0-3 positive nodes. Patients treated with mastectomy without neoadjuvant therapy and without postoperative radiation therapy would provide the most uniform subset of patients since their ..
- Integrated three dimensional anatomic and molecular breast imagingMark B Williams; Fiscal Year: 2013..pacemakers or other types of implants containing ferromagnetic components;and for monitoring response to neoadjuvant therapy. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The relevance of this research to women's health is that the breast scanner ..
- PSK as Neoadjuvant Therapy for Locally Advanced Breast CancerHailing Lu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Patients with pathological complete response (PCR) achieved by neoadjuvant therapy have a lower relapse rate after surgery and an improved overall survival compared to those patients with ..
- Image Driven Multi-Scale Modeling to Predict Treatment Response in Breast CancerThomas E Yankeelov; Fiscal Year: 2013..methods for predicting response in individual breast cancer patients after a single cycle of neoadjuvant therapy. We propose to combine time-resolved drug- response cell scale data with physiological and tissue scale ..
- Near-infrared spectral imaging of the breast for cancer detection and monitoringSergio Fantini; Fiscal Year: 2013..the effectiveness of the proposed instrument in detecting breast cancer and monitoring response to neoadjuvant therapy of breast cancer...
- NEOADJUVANT THERAPY OF OR CANCER BY INHIBITING NF-KAPPABCun Yu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will uncover the genetic mechanism of oral cancer resistance to cancer therapy and have an important implication in improving the efficacy of oral cancer therapy. ..
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF HERCEPTIN R IN BREAST CANCERJenny Chang; Fiscal Year: 2002..The first is to demonstrate the clinical efficacy of Herceptin when given with docetaxel as neoadjuvant therapy. The second is to define the mechanisms of the cellular response to Herceptin...
- DIFFUSION MRI TO ASSESS PANCREATIC TUMOR RESPONSEEdgar Ben Josef; Fiscal Year: 2009..Unfortunately, the ability to non-invasively assess treatment response in pancreatic cancer to neoadjuvant therapy is limited...
- Dynamic Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Bone TumorsJason Koutcher; Fiscal Year: 2007..the potential of DCE-MRI to predict tumor necrosis and as an a priori or early marker of tumor response to neoadjuvant therapy. If successful, it will provide a tool to predict failure/response to chemotherapy, resulting in patient ..
- Preoperative chemotherapy for breast cancerLajos Pusztai; Fiscal Year: 2007..Administration of all chemotherapy before surgery (neoadjuvant therapy) for newly diagnosed stage I-III breast cancer is safe and as effective as administration of the drugs ..
- Pharmacogenomics of Neoadjuvant Gemcitabine-Pemetrexed *Gerold Bepler; Fiscal Year: 2006..b>Neoadjuvant therapy allows for investigations of molecular parameters that may affect response to chemotherapy and patients&..
- FUNCTIONAL OPTICAL MAMMOGRAPHYRandall Barbour; Fiscal Year: 2004..In latter case, these studies will be repeated at various times during the course of neoadjuvant therapy. The collected surface detector data and reconstructed 3D image time series will be analyzed using various ..
- Timing of Rectal Cancer Response to ChemoradiationJulio Garcia Aguilar; Fiscal Year: 2009..This information will help develop molecular assays to diagnose pathologic complete response in transrectal biopsies of the tumor bed before removing the rectum. ..
- Pressure-enhanced near-infrared breast cancer imagingShudong Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Neoadjuvant Cytokine Immunotherapy by PLA MicrospheresMichael Sabel; Fiscal Year: 2007..I will pursue this area of investigation as a full-time faculty member, with full commitment from the Department of General Surgery and the Division of Surgical Oncology at the University of Michigan Medical Center. ..
- Biomarker modulation/COX-2 inhibitor/Breast CancerBanu Arun; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ultimately, the development of non-hormonal chemoprevention agents, and identification of surrogate markers will allow us to plan large-scale, phase III chemoprevention studies with the endpoint of cancer incidence. ..
- AIDS MALIGNANCY CONSORTIUMJoseph Sparano; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Prognostic Marker Analysis of Disseminated Cancer CellsRebecca Aft; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Expansion of Anti Tumor T Cells from Tumor Bearing HostsHARRY BEAR; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will increase our understanding of how to manipulate immune responses to tumor antigens and of basic T lymphocyte biology. ..
- Functional and Tissue Specific Effects of VHL MutationsWENDY RATHMELL; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ethnicity-based proteomic biomarkers in breast cancerHelena Chang; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- The Influence of Companions and Socio-Demographic Characteristics on Patients' InSusan Eggly; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Zebrafish Peripheral Sympathetic Nervous System Development and NeuroblastomaRANI GEORGE; Fiscal Year: 2008..Insight into the proteins encoded by such modifier genes may lead to the discovery of genes that could serve as novel drug targets for the treatment of older children with advanced disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Therapeutic Modulation of COX-2-induced Immunosuppression in Metastatic RCCBrian Rini; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will have broad implications for the immunoregulation of cancer and how expression and modulation of COX-2 expression influences the immune response to cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of Selective HDAC Enzymes in Drug SensitivityPamela N Munster; Fiscal Year: 2010..In pre- and post-treatment tumor samples, we will determine which HDACs are involved in the cellular effects induced by the HDACi and which HDACs may predict response. ..
- Combined MRI and Optical Imaging to Improved Breast Cancer DiagnosisMin Ying Su; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Positron Emission Tomography in Prostate CancerFarrokh Dehdashti; Fiscal Year: 2008..PET may also contribute significant prognostic information that may affect the decision to administer early adjuvant therapy to delay or prevent recurrence. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NFKB DEFECT AND APOPTOSIS IN T CELLS OF CANCER PATIENTSJames Finke; Fiscal Year: 2003..This assessment will also involve an analysis of select anti-apoptotic genes. These studies should assess whether the defect in NFkappaB and AICD sensitivity are linked and relate to patient outcome. ..
- Multiparametric MRI characterization of breast tissueMichael Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Optimal Predictors of Response to TrastuzumabDAVID L contact RIMM; Fiscal Year: 2010..Validation of the models will be done by Leave One Out Cross Validation methods in anticipation of future more robust validation in an independent cohort in a subsequent study. ..
- Funtional Proteomics and Response to Preoperative Theraphy in Breast CancerAna Gonzalez Angulo; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A LONGITUDINAL STUDY IN THE CANINE MODEL OF HUMAN AGINGMin Ying Su; Fiscal Year: 2005..Noninvasive MR imaging techniques may offer a means of detecting early signs of pathological aging, allowing us the opportunity to initiate interventions to slow disease progression. ..
- PS-341 in Hepatocellular Carcinoma: A Phase II TrialJordan Berlin; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- FUNCTIONS OF DIFFERENT P53 MUTATIONS IN PROSTATE CANCERRalph deVere White; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results obtained during the period of this grant proposal will form the basis for future studies that should affect treatment strategies for this disease. ..
- AQUA: A New Quantitative in situ Proteomic AssayDavid Rimm; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Novel Approaches to the Assessment of Oral Mucosal Immu*Theresa Whiteside; Fiscal Year: 2003..A better understanding of oral immunity in normal and HIV-infected mucosa is important for the development of new antiviral therapies, including oral antiviral vaccines. ..
- Estrogen regulation of osteoclastogenesis in older menPamela Taxel; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ESTABLISHMENT AND REGULATION OF CELL/CELL ADHESIONDavid Rimm; Fiscal Year: 2002..We use this tool throughout this proposal in in vitro adhesion assays and also as a unique probe for the homotypic interaction, as a mechanism to assess the co-precipitable components in the adhesion complex. ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BDavid Sugarbaker; Fiscal Year: 2002..Three stages of group development are described: (1) surgeon recruitment phase; (2) patient recruitment phase (educational activities about adjuvant therapy trials. etc.); and (3) protocol development phase (intellectual activities). ..
- THERAPY OF HEPATIC METASTASES FROM COLORECTAL CARCINOMANancy Kemeny; Fiscal Year: 2001..Cryosurgery and newer hepatic arterial therapies are therapeutic modalities that can be used in patients in whom liver resection is impossible. ..
- Yeast Assay for p53 Molecular Analysis in Bladder CancerRalph deVere White; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results obtained during the period of this grant will form the basis for future studies that should affect treatment strategies for this disease. ..
- Evaluating Clinical Benefit in SarcomasRobert Benjamin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Speakers will be radiologists and medical oncologists. The intended audience is the FDA, the NCI and oncologists. The ultimate goal is to publish the proceedings of this meeting. ..
- The Role of GDF-15 in Organ InjuryLeonidas Koniaris; Fiscal Year: 2005..The completion of this mentored research training will further the candidate?s goal of applying bench-derived scientific discovery to the treatment of surgical disease as an independent investigator. ..
- Changes in Functional Status Across Therapy for Primary GliomaLee Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Cancer Multi-dimensional Diffuse Optical ImagingBruce Tromberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..g. hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and neoadjuvant chemotherapy). ..
- T CELL UNRESPONSIVENESS IN HUMAN TUMORSJames Finke; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will involve defining the effect that sensitizing gangliosides have on mitochondrial stability. A better understanding of immune dysfunction may lead to ways in which to improve anti-tumor immunity. ..
- hAR Alterations and Androgen-Independent Prostate CancerRalph de Vere White; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Bevacizumab and radiation therapy for sarcomasSam Yoon; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study explores a novel combination of the anti-angiogenic agent bevacizumab and radiation therapy for the treatment of STS. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prediction of Breast Cancer Response to Hormonal ThearpyDavid Rimm; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Radioimmunotherapy: An Anti-Neoplastic StrategyAndres Forero; Fiscal Year: 2006..The follow-up trial will be a phase II study to determine the efficacy of 131I-HuCC49ACH2 in resistant/refractory EOC patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Systematic Integration POR into Clinical Pathway of HCCMyron Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..This program provides a truly remarkable opportunity to make meaningful progress in understanding, preventing and treating HCC, while in the process providing fertile training ground for young physician-scientists. ..
- Increasing Functional Liver Mass in Health and DiseaseLeonidas Koniaris; Fiscal Year: 2005..2) Determine the extent to which and mechanisms by which co-administrating HCF and Follistatin along with IL-6 facilitates the liver growth response and reduces IL-6 associated toxicity. ..
- PET IMAGING IN MULTIMODALITY MANAGEMENT OF RECTAL CANCERJose Guillem; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..