Genomes and Genes
combined modality therapy
Summary: The treatment of a disease or condition by several different means simultaneously or sequentially. Chemoimmunotherapy, RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY, chemoradiotherapy, cryochemotherapy, and SALVAGE THERAPY are seen most frequently, but their combinations with each other and surgery are also used.
Publications263 found, 100 shown here
- Radiotherapy plus cetuximab for squamous-cell carcinoma of the head and neckJames A Bonner
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA
N Engl J Med 354:567-78. 2006....
- Preoperative versus postoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancerRolf Sauer
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
N Engl J Med 351:1731-40. 2004..In recent years, encouraging results with preoperative radiotherapy have been reported. We compared preoperative chemoradiotherapy with postoperative chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced rectal cancer...
- Chemoradiotherapy after surgery compared with surgery alone for adenocarcinoma of the stomach or gastroesophageal junctionJ S Macdonald
St Vincent's Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 345:725-30. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Postoperative chemoradiotherapy should be considered for all patients at high risk for recurrence of adenocarcinoma of the stomach or gastroesophageal junction who have undergone curative resection...
- Durable complete responses in heavily pretreated patients with metastatic melanoma using T-cell transfer immunotherapySteven A Rosenberg
Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:4550-7. 2011..We investigated the ability of adoptive cell transfer utilizing autologous tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) to mediate durable complete regressions in heavily pretreated patients with metastatic melanoma...
- Meta-analysis of chemotherapy in head and neck cancer (MACH-NC): an update on 93 randomised trials and 17,346 patientsJean Pierre Pignon
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Radiother Oncol 92:4-14. 2009..However the heterogeneity of the results limited the conclusions and prompted us to confirm the results on a more complete database by adding the randomised trials conducted between 1994 and 2000...
- Esophageal cancerPeter C Enzinger
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 349:2241-52. 2003
- Defining biochemical failure following radiotherapy with or without hormonal therapy in men with clinically localized prostate cancer: recommendations of the RTOG-ASTRO Phoenix Consensus ConferenceMack Roach
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 1708, and Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 65:965-74. 2006..For example, if the median follow-up is 5 years, control rates at 3 years should be cited. Retaining a strict version of the ASTRO definition would allow comparisons with a large existing body of literature...
- Whole brain radiation therapy with or without stereotactic radiosurgery boost for patients with one to three brain metastases: phase III results of the RTOG 9508 randomised trialDavid W Andrews
Department of Neurosurgery, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Lancet 363:1665-72. 2004..We aimed to assess whether stereotactic radiosurgery provided any therapeutic benefit in a randomised multi-institutional trial directed by the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG)...
- Trastuzumab after adjuvant chemotherapy in HER2-positive breast cancerMartine J Piccart-Gebhart
Medicine Department, Jules Bordet Institute, Blvd de Waterloo 125, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
N Engl J Med 353:1659-72. 2005..We investigated its efficacy and safety after excision of early-stage breast cancer and completion of chemotherapy...
- Report of an international workshop to standardize response criteria for non-Hodgkin's lymphomas. NCI Sponsored International Working GroupB D Cheson
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Clin Oncol 17:1244. 1999..We hope that these guidelines will serve to improve communication among investigators and comparability among clinical trials until clinically relevant laboratory and imaging studies are identified and become more widely available...
- Prognostic factors in high-grade osteosarcoma of the extremities or trunk: an analysis of 1,702 patients treated on neoadjuvant cooperative osteosarcoma study group protocolsStefan S Bielack
Klinik und Poliklinik für Kinderheilkunde, Pädiatrische Hämatologie Onkologie, Universitatsklinikum, Munster, Germany
J Clin Oncol 20:776-90. 2002..To define prognostic factors for response and long-term outcome for a wide spectrum of osteosarcomas, extending well beyond those of the typical young patient with seemingly localized extremity disease...
- Treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemiaChing Hon Pui
Department of Hematology and Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
N Engl J Med 354:166-78. 2006
- Chemotherapy with preoperative radiotherapy in rectal cancerJean Francois Bosset
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Franche Comte, Besancon, France
N Engl J Med 355:1114-23. 2006..Preoperative radiotherapy is recommended for selected patients with rectal cancer. We evaluated the addition of chemotherapy to preoperative radiotherapy and the use of postoperative chemotherapy in the treatment of rectal cancer...
- Recurrence and outcomes following hepatic resection, radiofrequency ablation, and combined resection/ablation for colorectal liver metastasesEddie K Abdalla
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Ann Surg 239:818-25; discussion 825-7. 2004..To examine recurrence and survival rates for patients treated with hepatic resection only, radiofrequency ablation (RFA) plus resection or RFA only for colorectal liver metastases...
- Postoperative irradiation with or without concomitant chemotherapy for locally advanced head and neck cancerJacques Bernier
Department of Radio Oncology, Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, Bellinzona, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 350:1945-52. 2004..We compared concomitant cisplatin and irradiation with radiotherapy alone as adjuvant treatment for stage III or IV head and neck cancer...
- Concurrent chemotherapy and radiotherapy for organ preservation in advanced laryngeal cancerArlene A Forastiere
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
N Engl J Med 349:2091-8. 2003..The value of adding chemotherapy to radiotherapy and the optimal timing of chemotherapy are unknown...
- Treatment of nasopharyngeal carcinoma with intensity-modulated radiotherapy: the Hong Kong experienceMichael K M Kam
Clinical Oncology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong SAR, China
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:1440-50. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy of using intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) in the primary treatment of nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC), including the role of dose escalation above 66 Gy level...
- Twenty-year follow-up of a randomized trial comparing total mastectomy, lumpectomy, and lumpectomy plus irradiation for the treatment of invasive breast cancerBernard Fisher
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 5234, USA
N Engl J Med 347:1233-41. 2002..In 1976, we initiated a randomized trial to determine whether lumpectomy with or without radiation therapy was as effective as total mastectomy for the treatment of invasive breast cancer...
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy with or without chemotherapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma: radiation therapy oncology group phase II trial 0225Nancy Lee
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, Box 22, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3684-90. 2009..To investigate the feasibility of intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) with or without chemotherapy, and to assess toxicities, failure patterns, and survivals in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- Randomized trial of radiotherapy versus concurrent chemoradiotherapy followed by adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with American Joint Committee on Cancer/International Union against cancer stage III and IV nasopharyngeal cancer of the endemic varietyJoseph Wee
Department of Radiation Oncology, National Cancer Center, Singapore 169610, Republic of Singapore
J Clin Oncol 23:6730-8. 2005..However, there were controversies regarding the applicability of the results to patients in endemic regions. This study aims to confirm the findings of the 00-99 Trial and its applicability to patients with endemic NPC...
- Impact of a higher radiation dose on local control and survival in breast-conserving therapy of early breast cancer: 10-year results of the randomized boost versus no boost EORTC 22881-10882 trialHarry Bartelink
Department of Radiation Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 25:3259-65. 2007..To investigate the long-term impact of a boost radiation dose of 16 Gy on local control, fibrosis, and overall survival for patients with stage I and II breast cancer who underwent breast-conserving therapy...
- Pelvic radiation with concurrent chemotherapy compared with pelvic and para-aortic radiation for high-risk cervical cancerM Morris
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
N Engl J Med 340:1137-43. 1999..Patients were then to receive one or two applications of low-dose-rate intracavitary radiation, with a third cycle of chemotherapy planned for the second intracavitary procedure in the combined-therapy group...
- Chemotherapy in locally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma: an individual patient data meta-analysis of eight randomized trials and 1753 patientsBertrand Baujat
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:47-56. 2006..To study the effect of adding chemotherapy to radiotherapy (RT) on overall survival and event-free survival for patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma...
- Postoperative concurrent radiotherapy and chemotherapy for high-risk squamous-cell carcinoma of the head and neckJay S Cooper
New York University Medical Center, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1937-44. 2004..We tested the hypothesis that concurrent postoperative administration of cisplatin and radiotherapy would improve the rate of local and regional control...
- Comparison of two neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy regimens for locally advanced rectal cancer: results of the phase III trial ACCORD 12/0405-Prodige 2Jean Pierre Gerard
Centre Antoine Lacassagne, 06189 Nice Cedex 2, France
J Clin Oncol 28:1638-44. 2010..Neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy is considered a standard approach for T3-4 M0 rectal cancer. In this situation, we compared neoadjuvant radiotherapy plus capecitabine with dose-intensified radiotherapy plus capecitabine and oxaliplatin...
- The cellular and molecular basis of hyperthermiaBert Hildebrandt
Medical Clinic, Department of Hematology and Oncology, Charite Medical School, Humboldt University, Campus Virchow Clinic, D 13344 Berlin, Germany
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 43:33-56. 2002....
- Intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in ovarian cancerDeborah K Armstrong
Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, Baltimore, USA
N Engl J Med 354:34-43. 2006..The Gynecologic Oncology Group conducted a randomized, phase 3 trial that compared intravenous paclitaxel plus cisplatin with intravenous paclitaxel plus intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with stage III ovarian cancer...
- Two-year outcomes of the ranibizumab for edema of the mAcula in diabetes (READ-2) studyQuan Dong Nguyen
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ophthalmology 117:2146-51. 2010..To determine the long-term effects of ranibizumab (RBZ) in patients with diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Diagnosis-specific prognostic factors, indexes, and treatment outcomes for patients with newly diagnosed brain metastases: a multi-institutional analysis of 4,259 patientsPaul W Sperduto
Gamma Knife Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55387, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:655-61. 2010..The purpose of the present study was to identify significant diagnosis-specific prognostic factors and indexes (Diagnosis-Specific Graded Prognostic Assessment [DS-GPA])...
- Randomized trial of cytoreduction and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy versus systemic chemotherapy and palliative surgery in patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal cancerVic J Verwaal
Department of Surgery, Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 21:3737-43. 2003....
- Preliminary results of a randomized study on therapeutic gain by concurrent chemotherapy for regionally-advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma: NPC-9901 Trial by the Hong Kong Nasopharyngeal Cancer Study GroupAnne W M Lee
Department of Clinical Oncology, Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital, Hong Kong, China
J Clin Oncol 23:6966-75. 2005..This randomized study compared the results achieved by concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CRT) versus radiotherapy (RT) alone for nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) with advanced nodal disease...
- Phase III comparison of preoperative chemotherapy compared with chemoradiotherapy in patients with locally advanced adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junctionMichael Stahl
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Kliniken Essen Mitte, Henricistr 92, D 45136 Essen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:851-6. 2009..Preoperative chemotherapy is an accepted standard in the treatment of localized esophagogastric adenocarcinoma. Adding radiation therapy to preoperative chemotherapy appears promising, but its definitive value remains unknown...
- Quantification of plasma Epstein-Barr virus DNA in patients with advanced nasopharyngeal carcinomaJin Ching Lin
Department of Radiation Oncology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
N Engl J Med 350:2461-70. 2004..We investigated the clinical significance of plasma concentrations of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) DNA in patients with advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma...
- Prevention of invasive breast cancer in women with ductal carcinoma in situ: an update of the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project experienceB Fisher
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Semin Oncol 28:400-18. 2001..It does suggest, however, that, in the treatment of DCIS, the appropriate use of current and better therapeutic agents that become available could diminish the significance of breast cancer as a public health problem...
- Time course of tumor metabolic activity during chemoradiotherapy of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and response to treatmentHinrich A Wieder
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Ismaningerstrasse 22, D 81675 Munich, Germany
J Clin Oncol 22:900-8. 2004....
- Chemoradiotherapy of locally advanced esophageal cancer: long-term follow-up of a prospective randomized trial (RTOG 85-01). Radiation Therapy Oncology GroupJ S Cooper
Department of Radiation Oncology, New York University, NY, USA
JAMA 281:1623-7. 1999..We previously reported results of a study conducted from January 1986 to April 1990 of combined chemotherapy and RT vs RT alone when an interim analysis revealed significant benefit for combined therapy...
- Risk-adapted craniospinal radiotherapy followed by high-dose chemotherapy and stem-cell rescue in children with newly diagnosed medulloblastoma (St Jude Medulloblastoma-96): long-term results from a prospective, multicentre trialAmar Gajjar
Department of Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Lancet Oncol 7:813-20. 2006..We aimed to investigate the effectiveness of risk-adapted radiotherapy followed by a shortened period of dose-intense chemotherapy in children with medulloblastoma...
- Randomized intergroup trial of cisplatin-paclitaxel versus cisplatin-cyclophosphamide in women with advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: three-year resultsM J Piccart
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer EORTC Gynecological Cancer Cooperative Group, EORTC Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:699-708. 2000..Before considering the paclitaxel-cisplatin regimen as the new "standard," a group of European and Canadian investigators planned a confirmatory phase III trial...
- Phase II study of bevacizumab plus temozolomide during and after radiation therapy for patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiformeAlbert Lai
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Reed Neurological Research Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:142-8. 2011..The objectives were to determine the efficacy of this treatment combination and the associated toxicity...
- Novel advancements in the management of hepatocellular carcinoma in 2008Josep M Llovet
Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer BCLC Group, Liver Unit, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, CIBERehd, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Hepatol 48:S20-37. 2008..Now, the research effort faces other areas of unmet need, such as the adjuvant setting of resection/local ablation and combination therapies...
- Expanded 2-year follow-up of ranibizumab plus prompt or deferred laser or triamcinolone plus prompt laser for diabetic macular edemaMichael J Elman
Elman Retina Group, PA, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ophthalmology 118:609-14. 2011..5 mg ranibizumab or 4 mg triamcinolone combined with focal/grid laser compared with focal/grid laser alone for treatment of diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Cisplatin and fluorouracil alone or with docetaxel in head and neck cancerMarshall R Posner
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 357:1705-15. 2007....
- Proteotoxic stress targeted therapy (PSTT): induction of protein misfolding enhances the antitumor effect of the proteasome inhibitor bortezomibNickolay Neznanov
Department of Cell Stress Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Oncotarget 2:209-21. 2011..These results provide support for using combination treatments that disrupt the balance of PS and HSR to increase the therapeutic index of anticancer therapies...
- Multi-institutional phase I/II trial of stereotactic body radiation therapy for liver metastasesKyle E Rusthoven
University of Colorado Denver, Department of Radiation Oncology, Pathology, and Medical Oncology, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1572-8. 2009..To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of high-dose stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) for the treatment of patients with one to three hepatic metastases...
- Colorectal cancerJurgen Weitz
Department of Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Lancet 365:153-65. 2005..Further clinical progress will largely depend on the broader implementation of multidisciplinary treatment strategies following the principles of evidence-based medicine...
- Prophylactic cranial irradiation in extensive small-cell lung cancerBen Slotman
Department of Radiation Oncology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 357:664-72. 2007..We conducted a randomized trial of prophylactic cranial irradiation in patients with extensive small-cell lung cancer who had had a response to chemotherapy...
- Twenty-year follow-up of a randomized study comparing breast-conserving surgery with radical mastectomy for early breast cancerUmberto Veronesi
Department of Senology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
N Engl J Med 347:1227-32. 2002..We conducted 20 years of follow-up of women enrolled in a randomized trial to compare the efficacy of radical (Halsted) mastectomy with that of breast-conserving surgery...
- Chemoradiotherapy in malignant glioma: standard of care and future directionsRoger Stupp
Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 25:4127-36. 2007....
- Phase III trial of trimodality therapy with cisplatin, fluorouracil, radiotherapy, and surgery compared with surgery alone for esophageal cancer: CALGB 9781Joel Tepper
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7512, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1086-92. 2008..To this end, we compared survival, response, and patterns of failure of trimodality therapy to esophagectomy alone in patients with nonmetastatic esophageal cancer...
- Effective surgical adjuvant therapy for high-risk rectal carcinomaJ E Krook
Duluth Community Clinical Oncology Program, Minn
N Engl J Med 324:709-15. 1991..We designed a combination regimen to optimize the contribution of chemotherapy, decrease recurrence, and improve survival as compared with adjuvant radiation alone...
- The management of brain metastasesRoy A Patchell
Division of Neurosurgery, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Cancer Treat Rev 29:533-40. 2003..With aggressive treatment, most patients experience meaningful symptom reduction and extension of life...
- Heating the patient: a promising approach?J Van der Zee
Erasmus Medical Center Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Department of Radiation Oncology, Hyperthermia Unit, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Oncol 13:1173-84. 2002..Hyperthermia is certainly a promising approach and deserves more attention than it has received until now...
- High-dose radiation improved local tumor control and overall survival in patients with inoperable/unresectable non-small-cell lung cancer: long-term results of a radiation dose escalation studyFeng Ming Kong
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:324-33. 2005..To determine whether high-dose radiation leads to improved outcomes in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Hyperthermia in combined treatment of cancerP Wust
Department of Radiation Oncology, Charite Medical School, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Lancet Oncol 3:487-97. 2002..However, for every particular temperature-dependent interaction exploited for clinical purposes, sophisticated control of temperature, spatially as well as temporally, in deep body regions will further improve the potential...
- Primary End Point (Six Months) Results of the Ranibizumab for Edema of the mAcula in diabetes (READ-2) studyQuan Dong Nguyen
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 9277, USA
Ophthalmology 116:2175-81.e1. 2009..To compare ranibizumab with focal/grid laser or a combination of both in diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Neo-adjuvant chemotherapy alone or with regional hyperthermia for localised high-risk soft-tissue sarcoma: a randomised phase 3 multicentre studyRolf D Issels
Klinikum der Universität München Campus Grosshadern, Munchen, Germany
Lancet Oncol 11:561-70. 2010..We designed a parallel-group randomised controlled trial to assess the safety and efficacy of regional hyperthermia with chemotherapy...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor biology in head and neck cancerShailaja Kalyankrishna
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2666-72. 2006..Resistance to EGFR inhibition may be circumvented by combination therapy employing EGFR inhibitors together with other treatment modalities...
- Duration of androgen suppression in the treatment of prostate cancerMichel Bolla
Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire de Grenoble, Grenoble, France
N Engl J Med 360:2516-27. 2009..We compared the use of radiotherapy plus short-term androgen suppression with the use of radiotherapy plus long-term androgen suppression in the treatment of locally advanced prostate cancer...
- INT 0123 (Radiation Therapy Oncology Group 94-05) phase III trial of combined-modality therapy for esophageal cancer: high-dose versus standard-dose radiation therapyBruce D Minsky
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:1167-74. 2002..To compare the local/regional control, survival, and toxicity of combined-modality therapy using high-dose (64.8 Gy) versus standard-dose (50.4 Gy) radiation therapy for the treatment of patients with esophageal cancer...
- Impact of chemoradiotherapy after disease control with chemotherapy in locally advanced pancreatic adenocarcinoma in GERCOR phase II and III studiesFlorence Huguet
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tenon Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 25:326-31. 2007..The decision to administer CRT or continue CT in nonprogressive patients was the investigator's choice...
- Primary small cell carcinoma of the esophagusJima Lv
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cancer Hospital Institute, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, China
J Thorac Oncol 3:1460-5. 2008..Primary small cell esophageal carcinoma (SCEC) is a rare and aggressive disease for which there is no recommended standard treatment at this time...
- Randomized phase III trial of sequential chemoradiotherapy compared with concurrent chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: Groupe Lyon-Saint-Etienne d'Oncologie Thoracique-Groupe Français de Pneumo-Cancérologie NPC 95-01 StudyPierre Fournel
University Hospital, Saint Etienne Cedex 2, France
J Clin Oncol 23:5910-7. 2005..We conducted a phase III study to compare the survival impact of concurrent versus sequential treatment with radiotherapy (RT) and chemotherapy (CT) in unresectable stage III non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Hyperthermia adds to chemotherapyRolf D Issels
University of Munich, Campus Grosshadern, Medical Clinic III, Munich, Germany
Eur J Cancer 44:2546-54. 2008..In Europe, more specialised centres should be created and maintained as network of excellence for hyperthermia in the field of oncology...
- Randomized trial of preoperative chemoradiation versus surgery alone in patients with locoregional esophageal carcinomaS G Urba
University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:305-13. 2001..We designed a randomized trial to compare survival for patients treated with this preoperative chemoradiation regimen versus surgery alone...
- Ten-year follow-up of radiation therapy oncology group protocol 92-02: a phase III trial of the duration of elective androgen deprivation in locally advanced prostate cancerEric M Horwitz
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Department of Radiation Oncology, 333 Cottman Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2497-504. 2008..To determine whether adding 2 years of androgen-deprivation therapy (ADT) improved outcome for patients electively treated with ADT before and during radiation therapy (RT)...
- Multimodal approaches to the treatment of hepatocellular carcinomaGiuseppe Cabibbo
Unit of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Academic Department of Internal Medicine, University of Palermo, Italy
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:159-69. 2009....
- Inhibition of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in dendritic cells by stereoisomers of 1-methyl-tryptophan correlates with antitumor responsesDe Yan Hou
Immunotherapy Center and Departments of Pediatrics, Medicine, and Biostatistics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia
Cancer Res 67:792-801. 2007....
- Recurrence after recovery from major depressive disorder during 15 years of observational follow-upT I Mueller
NIMH Collaborative Program on the Psychobiology of Depression Clinical Studies, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Am J Psychiatry 156:1000-6. 1999....
- Hypoxic radiosensitization: adored and ignoredJens Overgaard
Department of Experimental Clinical Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 25:4066-74. 2007..Ample data exist to support a high level of evidence for the benefit of hypoxic modification. However, hypoxic modification still has no impact on general clinical practice...
- Long-term results of a randomized trial comparing preoperative short-course radiotherapy with preoperative conventionally fractionated chemoradiation for rectal cancerK Bujko
Department of Radiotherapy, Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Centre, Warsaw, Poland
Br J Surg 93:1215-23. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare survival, local control and late toxicity in the two treatment groups...
- T-cell modulation combined with intratumoral CpG cures lymphoma in a mouse model without the need for chemotherapyRoch Houot
Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology, Stanford University, CA 94305 5151, USA
Blood 113:3546-52. 2009..Our results show that the combination of intratumoral CpG and immunomodulatory T-cell antibodies has promise for therapeutic vaccination against lymphoma. These reagents are becoming available for human clinical trials...
- Is the benefit of postmastectomy irradiation limited to patients with four or more positive nodes, as recommended in international consensus reports? A subgroup analysis of the DBCG 82 b&c randomized trialsMarie Overgaard
Department of Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Radiother Oncol 82:247-53. 2007..A subgroup analysis of the DBCG 82 b&c trials was performed to evaluate the loco-regional recurrence rate and survival in relation to number of positive nodes...
- Concurrent chemotherapy-radiotherapy compared with radiotherapy alone in locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma: progression-free survival analysis of a phase III randomized trialA T C Chan
Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong
J Clin Oncol 20:2038-44. 2002..Nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) is highly sensitive to both radiotherapy (RT) and chemotherapy. This randomized phase III trial compared concurrent cisplatin-RT (CRT) with RT alone in patients with locoregionally advanced NPC...
- Dysphagia and aspiration after chemoradiotherapy for head-and-neck cancer: which anatomic structures are affected and can they be spared by IMRT?Avraham Eisbruch
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:1425-39. 2004....
- Pelvic irradiation with concurrent chemotherapy versus pelvic and para-aortic irradiation for high-risk cervical cancer: an update of radiation therapy oncology group trial (RTOG) 90-01Patricia J Eifel
Department of Radiation Oncology, Unit 97, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:872-80. 2004....
- Surgery plus chemotherapy compared with surgery alone for localized squamous cell carcinoma of the thoracic esophagus: a Japan Clinical Oncology Group Study--JCOG9204Nobutoshi Ando
Departmentof Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, Japan
J Clin Oncol 21:4592-6. 2003..We performed a multicenter randomized controlled trial to determine whether postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy improves outcome in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma undergoing radical surgery...
- Concurrent and adjuvant chemotherapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma: a factorial studyDora L W Kwong
Department of Clinical Oncology, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
J Clin Oncol 22:2643-53. 2004..To study the efficacy of concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CRT) and adjuvant chemotherapy (AC) for nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- Use of the humanized anti-epidermal growth factor receptor monoclonal antibody h-R3 in combination with radiotherapy in the treatment of locally advanced head and neck cancer patientsTania Crombet
Center of Molecular Immunology, Clinical Immunology Department, PO Box 16040, Havana 11600, Cuba
J Clin Oncol 22:1646-54. 2004..Anti-idiotypic response to h-R3 was assessed. To predict pharmacologic effect, a mathematical model for antibodies recognizing antigens expressed in tumors and normal tissues was built...
- Combined modality therapy with TRAIL or agonistic death receptor antibodiesHope M Amm
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 11:431-49. 2011..These mechanisms will be important in establishing effective combinations to pursue clinically and in determining relevant targets for future cancer therapies...
- Perioperative chemotherapy compared with surgery alone for resectable gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma: an FNCLCC and FFCD multicenter phase III trialMarc Ychou
Centre Regional de Lutte contre le Cancer Val d Aurelle, 298 rue des apothicaires 34298 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
J Clin Oncol 29:1715-21. 2011..This phase III trial was designed to evaluate the benefit in overall survival (OS) of perioperative fluorouracil plus cisplatin in resectable gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma...
- Surgical management of advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors after treatment with targeted systemic therapy using kinase inhibitorsChandrajit P Raut
Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2325-31. 2006..To assess the role of surgery in multimodality management of GISTs, we studied postoperative outcomes in patients treated with targeted kinase inhibitors for advanced GIST...
- Defining risk levels in locally advanced head and neck cancers: a comparative analysis of concurrent postoperative radiation plus chemotherapy trials of the EORTC (#22931) and RTOG (# 9501)Jacques Bernier
Department of Radiation Oncology, Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, CH 6504 Bellinzona, Switzerland
Head Neck 27:843-50. 2005..However, additional studies were needed to identify precisely which patients were most suitable for such intense treatment...
- Analysis of overall survival in patients with nonmetastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer treated with vaccine, nilutamide, and combination therapyRavi A Madan
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, Office of the Clinical Director, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:4526-31. 2008..We now report survival analyses at 6.5 years from the initiation of therapy with a median potential follow-up of 4.4 years...
- Psychotherapy for chronic major depression and dysthymia: a meta-analysisPim Cuijpers
Department of Clinical Psychology and EMGO Institute, VU University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Psychol Rev 30:51-62. 2010..We conclude that psychotherapy is effective in the treatment of chronic depression and dysthymia but probably not as effective as pharmacotherapy (particularly the SSRIs)...
- Kinetics of vascular normalization by VEGFR2 blockade governs brain tumor response to radiation: role of oxygenation, angiopoietin-1, and matrix metalloproteinasesFrank Winkler
E L Steele Laboratory for Tumor Biology, Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 100 Blossom Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cancer Cell 6:553-63. 2004..During the normalization window, but not before or after it, VEGFR2 blockade increases pericyte coverage of brain tumor vessels via upregulation of Ang1 and degrades their pathologically thick basement membrane via MMP activation...
- Sinusoidal injury increases morbidity after major hepatectomy in patients with colorectal liver metastases receiving preoperative chemotherapyHiroshi Nakano
Centre de Chirurgie Viscerale et de Transplantation, Hopital de Hautepierre, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Universite Louis Pasteur, Avenue Moliere, Strasbourg, France
Ann Surg 247:118-24. 2008..To investigate whether sinusoidal injury (SI) was associated with a worse outcome after hepatectomy in patients with colorectal liver metastases (CRLM)...
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of the randomized controlled trials on adjuvant intraperitoneal chemotherapy for resectable gastric cancerTristan D Yan
Department of Surgery, University of New South Wales, St George Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2702-13. 2007..The purpose of this systematic review and meta-analysis was to determine the effectiveness and safety of adjuvant intraperitoneal chemotherapy for patients with locally advanced resectable gastric cancer...
- Genistein inhibits radiation-induced activation of NF-kappaB in prostate cancer cells promoting apoptosis and G2/M cell cycle arrestJulian J Raffoul
Department of Radiation Oncology, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
BMC Cancer 6:107. 2006..In this study, we investigated the cellular and molecular interaction between genistein and radiation using PC-3 human prostate cancer cells...
- Cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy with mitomycin C for peritoneal carcinomatosis from nonappendiceal colorectal carcinomaPerry Shen
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 11:178-86. 2004..We reviewed our experience using this approach for nonappendiceal colorectal cancer (NACC)...
- Multidisciplinary management of lung cancerAlexander Spira
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
N Engl J Med 350:379-92. 2004
- Synergy between chemotherapy and immunotherapy in the treatment of established murine solid tumorsAnna K Nowak
University Department of Medicine, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre, 4th Floor, G Block, Nedlands, Perth, Western Australia 6009
Cancer Res 63:4490-6. 2003..This study provides evidence that chemotherapy has the capacity to augment cellular antitumor immunity, a finding with wider implications for the management of treatment-resistant solid tumors...
- Patterns of failure, prognostic factors and survival in locoregionally advanced head and neck cancer treated with concomitant chemoradiotherapy: a 9-year, 337-patient, multi-institutional experienceB Brockstein
Department of Internal Medicine, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Ann Oncol 15:1179-86. 2004..We sought to assess changes in patterns of failure, prognostic factors for recurrence, and overall outcome, using two different strategies of chemoradiotherapy conducted in prospective, multi-institutional phase II trials...
- [Update S3-guideline "colorectal cancer" 2008]W Schmiegel
Verantwortliche Institution Leitliniensekretariat Medizinische Klinik, Knappschaftskrankenhaus, Ruhr Universität Bochum und die AWMF im Auftrag der DGVS und der DKG Koordinatoren und Mitglieder der Konferenz siehe Anlage 1 3
Z Gastroenterol 46:799-840. 2008
- Midterm outcomes in patients with intermediate-sized hepatocellular carcinoma: a randomized controlled trial for determining the efficacy of radiofrequency ablation combined with transcatheter arterial chemoembolizationManabu Morimoto
Gastroenterological Center, Yokohama City University Medical Center, Yokohama, Japan
Cancer 116:5452-60. 2010..To improve the efficacy of radiofrequency ablation (RFA) for the treatment of intermediate-sized hepatocellular carcinomas (HCCs), the authors compared RFA combined with transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) to RFA alone...
- Cisplatin, fluorouracil, and docetaxel in unresectable head and neck cancerJan B Vermorken
Department of Medical Oncology, Universitair Ziekenhuis Antwerpen, Edegem, Belgium
N Engl J Med 357:1695-704. 2007..We compared TPF with PF as induction chemotherapy in patients with locoregionally advanced, unresectable disease...
- Cancer immunologyOlivera J Finn
Department of Immunology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, E1044, Biomedical Science Tower, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
N Engl J Med 358:2704-15. 2008
- Allogeneic granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor-secreting tumor immunotherapy alone or in sequence with cyclophosphamide for metastatic pancreatic cancer: a pilot study of safety, feasibility, and immune activationDan Laheru
Department of Oncology, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, The Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:1455-63. 2008....
- Fotemustine as second-line treatment for recurrent or progressive glioblastoma after concomitant and/or adjuvant temozolomide: a phase II trial of Gruppo Italiano Cooperativo di Neuro-Oncologia (GICNO)Alba A Brandes
Department of Medical Oncology, Ospedale Bellaria Maggiore, Bologna, Italy
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 64:769-75. 2009..Standardized salvage treatment has not yet proved effective in glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) patients who receive prior standard radiotherapy plus concomitant and adjuvant temozolomide...
- Prognostic significance of tumor regression after preoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancerClaus Rodel
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Erlangen, Universitatsstr 27, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:8688-96. 2005..We assessed the impact of tumor regression grading (TRG) and its value in correlation to established prognostic factors in a cohort of rectal carcinoma patients treated by preoperative chemoradiotherapy (CRT)...
- The use of complementary and alternative medicine among Chinese women with breast cancerZhi Chen
Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt School of Medicine and Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Nashville, TN, USA
J Altern Complement Med 14:1049-55. 2008....
- Vorinostat, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, combined with pelvic palliative radiotherapy for gastrointestinal carcinoma: the Pelvic Radiation and Vorinostat (PRAVO) phase 1 studyAnne Hansen Ree
Department of Tumour Biology, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Lancet Oncol 11:459-64. 2010..Histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitors have shown radiosensitising activity in preclinical tumour models. This phase 1 study assessed the use of vorinostat combined with pelvic palliative radiotherapy for gastrointestinal carcinoma...
- FLT-PET/CT for Therapy Monitoring of DLBCLJULIE MARIE VOSE; Fiscal Year: 2013..advantageous in early response assessment following chemo-/chemoimmunotherapy, radiation therapy (RT) or combined modality therapy. In this application, we propose to compare the predictive values of interim FLT- PET/CT and FGD-PET/CT ..
- Clinical and Immunological Effects of SBRT and IL-2 in Metastatic MelanomaBrendan D Curti; Fiscal Year: 2013..Evaluate markers of tumor lysis, inflammation and immune activation in the blood of patients receiving combined modality therapy with SBRT and high-dose IL-2 therapy...
- Combined Minimally Invasive Therapy for CancerMARCOS BANDIERA PAIVA; Fiscal Year: 2010..establishing safety of laser and cisplatin treatment, a Phase II trial will estimate efficacy of the combined modality therapy. Specific Aim 3- Assess health-related quality of life in all patients treated by combined therapy (..
- RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY--ISOTOPE AND ANTIBODY CHOICEVirginia Langmuir; Fiscal Year: 1993..At the completion of this project, planned directions will be: 1. the evaluation of tumors other than colon cancer, 2. research on combined modality therapy and 3. the development of clinical trials.
- Cytokines in radiation lung injuryARTHUR BLACKSTOCK; Fiscal Year: 2003..Advances using combined modality therapy and altered radiation fractionation schedules have resulted in modest improvements in survival, although ..
- BLADDER CANCER--SUPPESSOR GENES AND RADIATION RESPONSEChi Wei Lin; Fiscal Year: 1993..Recent innovations using combined modality therapy (transurethral surgery, radiation and chemotherapy) indicate, preliminarily, improved results (60% of ..
- OPTIMIZATION OF RADIATION THERAPYLYLE DETHLEFSEN; Fiscal Year: 1980..These studies on both normal and malignant tissues are done for adriamycin alone, x-irradiation alone and combined treatments with various intervals of time between modalities...
- COMBINED MODALITY THERAPYTodd Wasserman; Fiscal Year: 1990..b>Combined modality therapy is in wide clinical use for the treatment of cancer...
- COGNITIVE FUNCTIONING AND QUALITY OF LIFE IN CNS LYMPHOMDenise Correa; Fiscal Year: 2001..Improvements in treatment, particularly involving combined modality therapy with chemotherapy and radiotherapy have been shown to augment patient survival with a median disease-..
- Early prediction of response to combined modality therapy by functional imagingJann Sarkaria; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, this approach would facilitate the selection of the most efficacious therapies for individual patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PET IMAGING IN MULTIMODALITY MANAGEMENT OF RECTAL CANCERJose Guillem; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- HUMAN MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES TO STUDY AND TREAT HIVMarshall Posner; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will also study long term non-progressors and early progressors to assess the relationship of antibody to intact PI virions to control of disease as a basis for larger more powerful evaluations. ..
- RELEVANCE OF GENOMIC ALTERATIONS IN COLORECTAL CANCERWalter Curran; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work will enhance our understanding of the complex events in the MMR-pathway and also provide new diagnostic and prognostic methodologies to test in colorectal tumors. ..
- Functional Mechanisms of Antibody Inhibition of HIV-1Marshall Posner; Fiscal Year: 2008..Long-term objectives will be to select constructs from in vitro testing for further testing in non-human primate models of prevention and therapeutics. ..
- New Intervention for Geriatric Anxiety in Primary CareJULIE WETHERELL; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Vessel Remodeling During Ductus Arteriosus ClosureRonald I Clyman; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies should increase our understanding of the mechanisms that prevent the preterm DA from closing and remodeling after birth. ..
- Functions of Very Large G-protein Coupled Receptor-1Perrin White; Fiscal Year: 2008..We are specifically interested in the other proteins with very large ectodomains, protocadherin- 15 and cadherin-23. These studies should shed new light on mechanisms controlling development of the retina and inner ear. ..
- Built Environment & Hispanic Elders' HealthJose Szapocznik; Fiscal Year: 2008..The impact of time-varying built environment changes on health outcomes will be estimated using both time-varying covariates in the latent growth curve framework and autoregressive models. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Comparative Effectiveness Study for Bipolar DisorderAndrew A Nierenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..The two treatments will be the second generation antipsychotic mood stabilizer quetiapine and the classic mood stabilizer lithium. In addition to quetiapine or lithium, participants can be treated with other medications as needed. ..
- ALPHA 2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL IN IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROMEMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2008..Significance: This project will characterize pharmacogenetic mechanisms determining the response to clonidine through studies of candidate genes that control alpha2-adrenoreceptor function and norepinephrine transport in IBS. ..
- BLys inhibition using TACI-Fc in patients with B-bell non-Hodgkins' LymphomaStephen Ansell; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Cannabinoids, Neural Synchrony and Information ProcessingDEEPAK D SOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NALTREXONE AND CBT FOR PATIENTS WITH ALCOHOLISM AND PTSDEdna Foa; Fiscal Year: 2008..Therefore the findings from this study will be highly credible and should impact significantly on treatment recommendations for this impaired population. ..
- NABTT-New Approaches to Brain Tumor Therapy (CNSC)Tracy Batchelor; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Predictive Value of Pre-plus Disease in ROPDavid Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Familial Intracranial Aneurysm Study II (FIA II)JOSEPH PAUL BRODERICK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, we will use bioinformatics, statistical methods, and gene sequencing, to identify specific disease producing mutations and/or high risk haplotypes whose functional relevance will be subsequently explored. ..
- Incentive-Based Intervention for Smoking Cessation and Prevention in High SchoolsSuchitra Krishnan Sarin; Fiscal Year: 2010..This intervention could provide a cost-effective method to reach and motivate a large number of adolescents to not use tobacco products. ..
- Pharmacogenetics, Emotional Reactivity & SmokingPaul Cinciripini; Fiscal Year: 2009..Ultimately this knowledge may be applied to the development of more effective smoking cessation treatments, especially in the area of pharmacogenetics. ..
- Extended Release Mixed Amphetamine Salts for Adult ADHD and Cocaine DependenceFrances Rudnick Levin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Here a nearly unique opportunity exists to treat two conditions, ADHD and cocaine dependence, with a single medication, hopefully leading to improved treated outcome in this difficult-to-treat population. ..
- Lowering T Cell Thresholds for Tumor ImmunotherapyEugene Kwon; Fiscal Year: 2009..Test whether clinical androgen deprivation reduces T cell activation thresholds in prostate cancer patients;and IV. Test whether androgen deprivation can improve responses to antitumoral immunotherapy. ..
- 12-Step Facilitation for the Dually DiagnosedMichael Bogenschutz; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Effectiveness of Alcohol Interventions Among TB Patients in Tomsk, RussiaSonya Shin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, we have a diverse interdisciplinary team that has been able to formulate an integrated biosocial and culturally-appropriate approach to treating AUDs in this population. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Validity of Diabetes Self-Reports in the Women's Health InitiativeKaren Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of the study will help determine whether self-reported diabetes can be used for other analyses of the WHI data, and for post- menopausal women in other studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- D-Cycloserine Enhancement of Exposure in Social PhobiaStefan G Hofmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study addresses an important public health issue by assessing an intervention that may lead to a more efficient and effective application of empirically based psychosocial interventions for the treatment of SAD. ..
- Combined Pharmacotherapies for Cocaine DependenceFrances Levin; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. To explore a set of related secondary outcomes (treatment retention, global functioning, and HIV risk behavior) as well as moderators and mediators potentially reflective of mechanism of action. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Training in Comorbidity of Alcoholism and Mental IllnessSARAH BOOK; Fiscal Year: 2007..Her ultimate goal is to become an independent clinical researcher, while still treating patients and providing didactic substance abuse education to future generations of medical professionals. ..
- Regulation of the von Hippel-Lindau ProteinPaul Corn; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- BENCH TO CLINIC IN CONCURRENT CHEMORADIATION THERAPYHak Choy; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- HEPATITIS C IN CHILDHOOD CANCER SURVIVORSMelissa Hudson; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF HUMAN ALDOSTERONE SYNTHASEPerrin White; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies should provide insight into mechanisms underlying a genetic risk factor for cardiovascular disease. ..
- METHYLPHENIDATE TREATMENT FOR COCAINE ABUSE AND ADHDFrances Levin; Fiscal Year: 2002..2) To determine if sustained-release MPH is more effective than placebo in reducing ADHD symptoms in cocaine abusers with adult ADHD. 3) To determine if improvement in ADHD symptoms precedes a reduction in cocaine use. ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BDavid Sugarbaker; Fiscal Year: 2002..Three stages of group development are described: (1) surgeon recruitment phase; (2) patient recruitment phase (educational activities about adjuvant therapy trials. etc.); and (3) protocol development phase (intellectual activities). ..
- BREAST CANCER--PREPARING FOR SURVIVORSHIPPatricia Ganz; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- COST EFFECTIVENESS OF GENETIC SCREENING FOR COLON CANCERScott Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY GROUPSusan Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ACUTE NICOTINE ABSTINENCE IN ADOLESCENTSSuchitra Krishnan Sarin; Fiscal Year: 2001..Determining physical dependence and related changes in adolescent tobacco users may also provide valuable information regarding the process of development and maintenance of nicotine dependence. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF LOW RENIN HYPERTENSIONPerrin White; Fiscal Year: 2001..The investigators will determine the role of 11-HSD K in the development of essential hypertension, using both linkage and association studies. ..
- SCHEDULED SMOKING WITH TRANSDERMAL NICOTINEPaul Cinciripini; Fiscal Year: 2001..We hypothesize that smokers receiving the combined treatment (SSNP) will be abstinent more often, and show greater changes in coping and other behaviors, than smokers in either the SS or NP groups. ..
- INVESTIGATING THE MECHANISMS OF PRB TUMOR SUPPRESSIONArnab Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim number 3: To determine whether the deregulation of E2F dependent transcription is correlated with the tumorigenic potential of RB -/- cells in-vivo. ..
- PS-341 in Hepatocellular Carcinoma: A Phase II TrialJordan Berlin; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- FLUOXETINE & COGNITIVE BEHAVIOR THERAPY IN SOCIAL PHOBIAEdna Foa; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- A Mood Management Intervention for Pregnant SmokersPaul Cinciripini; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also evaluate the extent of smoking reduction (cigarettes smoked/cotinine) among women who fail to quit, as a function of treatment, depression history, and current depression. ..
- Brief Focused Treatment for TMD: Mechanisms of ActionMark Litt; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Rapamycin as an Antineoplastic AgentEzra Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2006..At the conclusion of the trial RAPA toxicity and effect on p-S6K will be defined over a range of doses as well as the MTD for use in future studies that will develop this agent. ..
- A Genetic Screening Policy Model for Colorectal CancerScott Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2006..The model will incorporate QOL information from Aim 2, along with family history, clinical, and screening information from the Seattle CFR. ..
- Novel Therapies for High-Risk NeuroblastomaJulie Park; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Progestrone and the Effects of NicotineMehmet Sofuoglu; Fiscal Year: 2006..By characterizing the progesterone effects on nicotine dependence, this study may provide a better understanding of the mechanisms which mediate the sex and menstrual cycle phase effects on nicotine dependence. ..
- Fatigue & Breast Cancer-A Behavioral Sleep InterventionAnn Berger; Fiscal Year: 2006..Statistical analyses include RM-ANOVA, generalized estimation equation methodology and multiple regression analysis. Results may inform development of clinical guidelines for fatigue management during adjuvant CT. ..
- Addressing Light Smoking in African AmericansKolawole Okuyemi; Fiscal Year: 2006..The research may provide crucial information to advance our understanding of smoking and set the stage for further research in this understudied population of AA cigarette smokers. ..
- Marijuana Abusing ADHD Teens: Atomoxetine TreatmentFrances Levin; Fiscal Year: 2004..4. To examine the relationship between medication treatment, reduction in ADHD symptoms, and improvement in retention and/or progress in treatment using mediational analyses. ..
- UC4 AP4 Cancer Therapy CenterPaul Bunn; Fiscal Year: 2004..Chan, PI); 2) vaccine/ DNAI/ RNA therapy (R. Garcea, PI); 3) angiogenic inhibitors/ PK/ PD modeling (S.G. Eckhardt, PI); and 4) chemoprevention agents (R. Nemenoff, PI). ..
- THERAPEUTIC STUDIES OF ANAPLASTIC GLIOMASLOUIS NABORS; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal thus builds on our extensive clinical investigative expertise within the context of a well-established multi-institutional brain tumor treatment consortium. ..
- Screening for comorbidity in substance abuse clinicsCarlos Blanco; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..