Genomes and Genes
antineoplastic combined chemotherapy protocols
Summary: The use of two or more chemicals simultaneously or sequentially in the drug therapy of neoplasms. The drugs need not be in the same dosage form.
Publications313 found, 100 shown here
- Pharmacogenomic predictor of sensitivity to preoperative chemotherapy with paclitaxel and fluorouracil, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide in breast cancerKenneth R Hess
Department of Biostatistics and Applied Mathematics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4236-44. 2006..We developed a multigene predictor of pathologic complete response (pCR) to preoperative weekly paclitaxel and fluorouracil-doxorubicin-cyclophosphamide (T/FAC) chemotherapy and assessed its predictive accuracy on independent cases...
- Bevacizumab plus irinotecan, fluorouracil, and leucovorin for metastatic colorectal cancerHerbert Hurwitz
Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
N Engl J Med 350:2335-42. 2004..Bevacizumab, a monoclonal antibody against vascular endothelial growth factor, has shown promising preclinical and clinical activity against metastatic colorectal cancer, particularly in combination with chemotherapy...
- Trastuzumab in combination with chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone for treatment of HER2-positive advanced gastric or gastro-oesophageal junction cancer (ToGA): a phase 3, open-label, randomised controlled trialYung Jue Bang
Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Lancet 376:687-97. 2010....
- Paclitaxel-carboplatin alone or with bevacizumab for non-small-cell lung cancerAlan Sandler
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2542-50. 2006..Bevacizumab, a monoclonal antibody against vascular endothelial growth factor, has been shown to benefit patients with a variety of cancers...
- Docetaxel plus prednisone or mitoxantrone plus prednisone for advanced prostate cancerIan F Tannock
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 351:1502-12. 2004..We compared such treatment with docetaxel plus prednisone in men with this disease...
- Normalization of tumor vasculature: an emerging concept in antiangiogenic therapyRakesh K Jain
E L Steele Lab for Tumor Biology, Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, COX 7, 100 Blossom Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Science 307:58-62. 2005....
- Perioperative chemotherapy versus surgery alone for resectable gastroesophageal cancerDavid Cunningham
Department of Medicine, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 355:11-20. 2006..We assessed whether the addition of a perioperative regimen of ECF to surgery improves outcomes among patients with potentially curable gastric cancer...
- Effects of KRAS, BRAF, NRAS, and PIK3CA mutations on the efficacy of cetuximab plus chemotherapy in chemotherapy-refractory metastatic colorectal cancer: a retrospective consortium analysisWendy De Roock
Centre for Human Genetics, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Lancet Oncol 11:753-62. 2010....
- Cetuximab and chemotherapy as initial treatment for metastatic colorectal cancerEric Van Cutsem
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Digestive Oncology Unit, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
N Engl J Med 360:1408-17. 2009....
- Comparison of four chemotherapy regimens for advanced non-small-cell lung cancerJoan H Schiller
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, USA
N Engl J Med 346:92-8. 2002..We conducted a randomized study to determine whether any of three chemotherapy regimens was superior to cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Erlotinib in previously treated non-small-cell lung cancerFrances A Shepherd
Department of Medical Oncology, University Health Network, Princess Margaret Hospital Site, University of Toronto, Canada
N Engl J Med 353:123-32. 2005....
- Randomized, phase III trial of panitumumab with infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX4) versus FOLFOX4 alone as first-line treatment in patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer: the PRIME studyJean Yves Douillard
Centre Rene Gauducheau, Nantes, France
J Clin Oncol 28:4697-705. 2010....
- Use of chemotherapy plus a monoclonal antibody against HER2 for metastatic breast cancer that overexpresses HER2D J Slamon
Division of Hematology and Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, Calif 90095 1678, USA
N Engl J Med 344:783-92. 2001..The HER2 gene, which encodes the growth factor receptor HER2, is amplified and HER2 is overexpressed in 25 to 30 percent of breast cancers, increasing the aggressiveness of the tumor...
- Phase III study comparing cisplatin plus gemcitabine with cisplatin plus pemetrexed in chemotherapy-naive patients with advanced-stage non-small-cell lung cancerGiorgio Vittorio Scagliotti
University of Torino, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, S Luigi Hospital, Regione Gonzole, 10, Orbassano Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:3543-51. 2008..Cisplatin plus gemcitabine is a standard regimen for first-line treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Phase II studies of pemetrexed plus platinum compounds have also shown activity in this setting...
- Trastuzumab plus adjuvant chemotherapy for operable HER2-positive breast cancerEdward H Romond
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, USA
N Engl J Med 353:1673-84. 2005..We present the combined results of two trials that compared adjuvant chemotherapy with or without concurrent trastuzumab in women with surgically removed HER2-positive breast cancer...
- Cetuximab plus irinotecan, fluorouracil, and leucovorin as first-line treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer: updated analysis of overall survival according to tumor KRAS and BRAF mutation statusEric Van Cutsem
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 29:2011-9. 2011..An updated survival analysis, including additional patients analyzed for tumor mutation status, was undertaken...
- Docetaxel and estramustine compared with mitoxantrone and prednisone for advanced refractory prostate cancerDaniel P Petrylak
Columbia University, Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 351:1513-20. 2004..We compared docetaxel plus estramustine with mitoxantrone plus prednisone in men with metastatic, hormone-independent prostate cancer...
- Erlotinib plus gemcitabine compared with gemcitabine alone in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer: a phase III trial of the National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials GroupMalcolm J Moore
Division of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
J Clin Oncol 25:1960-6. 2007..We studied the effects of adding the HER1/EGFR-targeted agent erlotinib to gemcitabine in patients with unresectable, locally advanced, or metastatic pancreatic cancer...
- Bevacizumab in combination with oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy as first-line therapy in metastatic colorectal cancer: a randomized phase III studyLeonard B Saltz
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, Room H 917, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2013-9. 2008....
- Oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin as adjuvant treatment for colon cancerThierry Andre
Hopital Tenon, Paris
N Engl J Med 350:2343-51. 2004..Oxaliplatin improves the efficacy of this combination in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. We evaluated the efficacy of treatment with FL plus oxaliplatin in the postoperative adjuvant setting...
- Lapatinib plus capecitabine for HER2-positive advanced breast cancerCharles E Geyer
Allegheny Cancer Center, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2733-43. 2006..In this trial, we compared lapatinib plus capecitabine with capecitabine alone in such patients...
- Response to neoadjuvant therapy and long-term survival in patients with triple-negative breast cancerCornelia Liedtke
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1275-81. 2008..In this study, we compared response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and survival between patients with TNBC and non-TNBC...
- Bevacizumab in combination with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin (FOLFOX4) for previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer: results from the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Study E3200Bruce J Giantonio
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:1539-44. 2007..This study was conducted to determine the effect of bevacizumab (at 10 mg/kg) on survival duration for oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy in patients with previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Addition of aflibercept to fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan improves survival in a phase III randomized trial in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer previously treated with an oxaliplatin-based regimenEric Van Cutsem
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 30:3499-506. 2012....
- Phase III study of bevacizumab plus docetaxel compared with placebo plus docetaxel for the first-line treatment of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative metastatic breast cancerDavid W Miles
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Middlesex, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 28:3239-47. 2010..5 and 15 mg/kg) with docetaxel as first-line therapy for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) -negative, locally recurrent or metastatic breast cancer (MBC) was investigated in a three-arm, placebo-controlled, phase III trial...
- Phase III trial of cisplatin plus gemcitabine with either placebo or bevacizumab as first-line therapy for nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer: AVAilMartin Reck
Department of Thoracic Oncology, Hospital Grosshansdorf, Wohrendamm 80, 22927 Grosshansdorf, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:1227-34. 2009..This randomized phase III trial investigated the efficacy and safety of cisplatin/gemcitabine (CG) plus bevacizumab in this setting...
- Continuation of bevacizumab after first progression in metastatic colorectal cancer (ML18147): a randomised phase 3 trialJaafar Bennouna
institut de cancérologie de l Ouest, Nantes, France
Lancet Oncol 14:29-37. 2013..We assessed continued use of bevacizumab plus standard second-line chemotherapy in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer progressing after standard first-line bevacizumab-based treatment...
- Phase III study of pemetrexed in combination with cisplatin versus cisplatin alone in patients with malignant pleural mesotheliomaNicholas J Vogelzang
University of Chicago, Cancer Research Center, 5841 South Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:2636-44. 2003..We conducted a phase III trial to determine whether treatment with pemetrexed and cisplatin results in survival time superior to that achieved with cisplatin alone...
- Fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin with and without cetuximab in the first-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancerCarsten Bokemeyer
University Hospital, Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:663-71. 2009..The influence of KRAS mutation status was investigated...
- Lapatinib with trastuzumab for HER2-positive early breast cancer (NeoALTTO): a randomised, open-label, multicentre, phase 3 trialJose Baselga
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Lancet 379:633-40. 2012..We argue that the two anti-HER2 agents given together would be better than single-agent therapy...
- DNA repair by ERCC1 in non-small-cell lung cancer and cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapyKen A Olaussen
Laboratory of Radiobiology and Oncology, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Fontenay aux Roses, University of Paris 11, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 355:983-91. 2006..Adjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy improves survival among patients with completely resected non-small-cell lung cancer, but there is no validated clinical or biologic predictor of the benefit of chemotherapy...
- Cisplatin plus gemcitabine versus gemcitabine for biliary tract cancerJuan Valle
Christie Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 362:1273-81. 2010..After we found an improvement in progression-free survival, the trial was extended to the phase 3 trial reported here...
- Definition and impact of pathologic complete response on prognosis after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in various intrinsic breast cancer subtypesGunter von Minckwitz
German Breast Group, c o GBG Forschungs GmbH, Martin Behaim Straße 12, 63263 Neu Isenburg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 30:1796-804. 2012..The exact definition of pathologic complete response (pCR) and its prognostic impact on survival in intrinsic breast cancer subtypes is uncertain...
- Improved overall survival with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin as adjuvant treatment in stage II or III colon cancer in the MOSAIC trialThierry Andre
Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, Paris 75012, France
J Clin Oncol 27:3109-16. 2009..7% at 48 months. CONCLUSION Adding oxaliplatin to LV5FU2 significantly improved 5-year DFS and 6-year OS in the adjuvant treatment of stage II or III colon cancer and should be considered after surgery for patients with stage III disease...
- Platinum-based chemotherapy plus cetuximab in head and neck cancerJan B Vermorken
Antwerp University Hospital, Department of Medical Oncology, Edegem, Belgium
N Engl J Med 359:1116-27. 2008..We investigated the efficacy of cetuximab plus platinum-based chemotherapy as first-line treatment in patients with recurrent or metastatic squamous-cell carcinoma of the head and neck...
- A randomized phase IIIB trial of chemotherapy, bevacizumab, and panitumumab compared with chemotherapy and bevacizumab alone for metastatic colorectal cancerJ Randolph Hecht
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:672-80. 2009..This trial evaluated panitumumab added to bevacizumab and chemotherapy (oxaliplatin- and irinotecan-based) as first-line treatment for mCRC...
- CHOP chemotherapy plus rituximab compared with CHOP alone in elderly patients with diffuse large-B-cell lymphomaBertrand Coiffier
Hospices Civils de Lyon and the Université Claude Bernard, Lyons, France
N Engl J Med 346:235-42. 2002..We conducted a randomized trial to compare CHOP chemotherapy plus rituximab with CHOP alone in elderly patients with diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma...
- Bevacizumab in combination with chemotherapy as first-line therapy in advanced gastric cancer: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase III studyAtsushi Ohtsu
National Cancer Center, Hospital East, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
J Clin Oncol 29:3968-76. 2011....
- Addition of cetuximab to oxaliplatin-based first-line combination chemotherapy for treatment of advanced colorectal cancer: results of the randomised phase 3 MRC COIN trialTimothy S Maughan
School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Lancet 377:2103-14. 2011....
- Randomized phase III study of panitumumab with fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan (FOLFIRI) compared with FOLFIRI alone as second-line treatment in patients with metastatic colorectal cancerMarc Peeters
University Hospital Ghent, Ghent, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 28:4706-13. 2010..This trial evaluated the efficacy and safety of panitumumab plus fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan (FOLFIRI) compared with FOLFIRI alone after failure of initial treatment for mCRC by tumor KRAS status...
- Capecitabine and oxaliplatin for advanced esophagogastric cancerDavid Cunningham
Royal Marsden Hospital National Health Service Foundation Trust, Surrey and London, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 358:36-46. 2008..We evaluated capecitabine (an oral fluoropyrimidine) and oxaliplatin (a platinum compound) as alternatives to infused fluorouracil and cisplatin, respectively, for untreated advanced esophagogastric cancer...
- Cediranib with mFOLFOX6 versus bevacizumab with mFOLFOX6 as first-line treatment for patients with advanced colorectal cancer: a double-blind, randomized phase III study (HORIZON III)Hans Joachim Schmoll
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Hematology and Oncology, University Clinic Halle Saale, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Ernst Grube Str 40, 06120 Halle, Germany
J Clin Oncol 30:3588-95. 2012....
- CHOP-like chemotherapy plus rituximab versus CHOP-like chemotherapy alone in young patients with good-prognosis diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma: a randomised controlled trial by the MabThera International Trial (MInT) GroupMichael Pfreundschuh
University Clinic of Saarland, Homburg, Germany
Lancet Oncol 7:379-91. 2006..We aimed to compare CHOP-like chemotherapy and rituximab with CHOP-like chemotherapy alone in these patients...
- Gene expression and benefit of chemotherapy in women with node-negative, estrogen receptor-positive breast cancerSoonmyung Paik
Division of Pathology, Operations Center, and Biostatistical Center, National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3726-34. 2006..The relationship between the RS and chemotherapy benefit is not known...
- Four-year follow-up of trastuzumab plus adjuvant chemotherapy for operable human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive breast cancer: joint analysis of data from NCCTG N9831 and NSABP B-31Edith A Perez
Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:3366-73. 2011..Long-term follow-up results on disease-free survival (DFS) and overall survival (OS) have been awaited...
- Cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with completely resected non-small-cell lung cancerRodrigo Arriagada
Instituto de Radiomedicina, Santiago, Chile
N Engl J Med 350:351-60. 2004..On the basis of a previous meta-analysis, the International Adjuvant Lung Cancer Trial was designed to evaluate the effect of cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy on survival after complete resection of non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Lung adjuvant cisplatin evaluation: a pooled analysis by the LACE Collaborative GroupJean Pierre Pignon
Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 26:3552-9. 2008..The aim of the Lung Adjuvant Cisplatin Evaluation was to identify treatment options associated with a higher benefit or groups of patients who particularly benefit from postoperative chemotherapy...
- Gemcitabine plus bevacizumab compared with gemcitabine plus placebo in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer: phase III trial of the Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB 80303)Hedy Lee Kindler
University of Chicago Cancer Research Center, Chicago, IL 60637 1470, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:3617-22. 2010..These encouraging data led Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB) to conduct a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized phase III trial of gemcitabine/bevacizumab versus gemcitabine/placebo in advanced pancreatic cancer patients...
- Lapatinib combined with letrozole versus letrozole and placebo as first-line therapy for postmenopausal hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancerStephen Johnston
Royal Marsden Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 27:5538-46. 2009....
- Temsirolimus, interferon alfa, or both for advanced renal-cell carcinomaGary Hudes
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
N Engl J Med 356:2271-81. 2007..Interferon alfa is widely used for metastatic renal-cell carcinoma but has limited efficacy and tolerability. Temsirolimus, a specific inhibitor of the mammalian target of rapamycin kinase, may benefit patients with this disease...
- Efficacy according to biomarker status of cetuximab plus FOLFOX-4 as first-line treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer: the OPUS studyC Bokemeyer
Department of Oncology, Hematology, BMT With Section Pneumology, University Hospital, Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Ann Oncol 22:1535-46. 2011....
- 2010 update of EORTC guidelines for the use of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor to reduce the incidence of chemotherapy-induced febrile neutropenia in adult patients with lymphoproliferative disorders and solid tumoursM S Aapro
Multidisciplinary Oncology Institute, Clinique de Genolier, 1, route du Muids, 1272 Genolier, Switzerland
Eur J Cancer 47:8-32. 2011..Evidence from multiple low level studies derived from audit data and clinical practice suggests that some patients receive suboptimal daily G-CSFs; the use of pegfilgrastim may avoid this problem...
- Improved survival in metastatic colorectal cancer is associated with adoption of hepatic resection and improved chemotherapyScott Kopetz
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3677-83. 2009....
- Phase III trial of carboplatin and paclitaxel compared with cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with optimally resected stage III ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyRobert F Ozols
Medical Science Department, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3194-200. 2003..Thus, we conducted a noninferiority trial of cisplatin and paclitaxel versus carboplatin and paclitaxel in this population...
- Treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemiaChing Hon Pui
Department of Hematology and Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
N Engl J Med 354:166-78. 2006
- Chemotherapy with preoperative radiotherapy in rectal cancerJean Francois Bosset
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Franche Comte, Besancon, France
N Engl J Med 355:1114-23. 2006..Preoperative radiotherapy is recommended for selected patients with rectal cancer. We evaluated the addition of chemotherapy to preoperative radiotherapy and the use of postoperative chemotherapy in the treatment of rectal cancer...
- Intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in ovarian cancerDeborah K Armstrong
Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, Baltimore, USA
N Engl J Med 354:34-43. 2006..The Gynecologic Oncology Group conducted a randomized, phase 3 trial that compared intravenous paclitaxel plus cisplatin with intravenous paclitaxel plus intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with stage III ovarian cancer...
- TRIBUTE: a phase III trial of erlotinib hydrochloride (OSI-774) combined with carboplatin and paclitaxel chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerRoy S Herbst
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:5892-9. 2005..Erlotinib was combined with chemotherapy to determine if it could improve the outcome of patients with NSCLC...
- Phase III study of erlotinib in combination with cisplatin and gemcitabine in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: the Tarceva Lung Cancer Investigation TrialUlrich Gatzemeier
Zentrum fur Pneumologie und Thoraxchirurgie, Krankenhaus D LVA, Germany
J Clin Oncol 25:1545-52. 2007....
- Gefitinib in combination with gemcitabine and cisplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trial--INTACT 1Giuseppe Giaccone
Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Department of Oncology, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 22:777-84. 2004..Gefitinib has demonstrated encouraging efficacy in advanced NSCLC in phase II trials in pretreated patients, and a phase I trial of gefitinib in combination with gemcitabine and cisplatin showed favorable tolerability...
- Phase III trial of cetuximab with continuous or intermittent fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin (Nordic FLOX) versus FLOX alone in first-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer: the NORDIC-VII studyKjell Magne Tveit
Department of Oncology, Oslo University Hospital, 0407 Oslo, Norway
J Clin Oncol 30:1755-62. 2012..The influence of KRAS mutation status on treatment outcome was also investigated...
- Neutrophil/lymphocyte ratio predicts chemotherapy outcomes in patients with advanced colorectal cancerW Chua
Sydney Cancer Centre, Concord Repatriation General Hospital, Hospital Road, Concord, New South Wales 2139, Australia
Br J Cancer 104:1288-95. 2011..The use of inflammatory markers based on differential white-cell counts, such as the neutrophil/lymphocyte ratio (NLR), may be simple and readily available biomarkers...
- Cetuximab plus chemotherapy in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (FLEX): an open-label randomised phase III trialRobert Pirker
Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Lancet 373:1525-31. 2009..We therefore compared chemotherapy plus cetuximab with chemotherapy alone in patients with advanced EGFR-positive non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Chemotherapy, bevacizumab, and cetuximab in metastatic colorectal cancerJolien Tol
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 360:563-72. 2009..We studied the effect of adding the anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) antibody cetuximab to a combination of capecitabine, oxaliplatin, and bevacizumab for metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Randomized phase II trial comparing bevacizumab plus carboplatin and paclitaxel with carboplatin and paclitaxel alone in previously untreated locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancerDavid H Johnson
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, 777 Preston Research Bldg, Nashville, TN, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:2184-91. 2004..To investigate the efficacy and safety of bevacizumab plus carboplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced or recurrent non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Concurrent chemotherapy and radiotherapy for organ preservation in advanced laryngeal cancerArlene A Forastiere
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
N Engl J Med 349:2091-8. 2003..The value of adding chemotherapy to radiotherapy and the optimal timing of chemotherapy are unknown...
- MK-2206, an allosteric Akt inhibitor, enhances antitumor efficacy by standard chemotherapeutic agents or molecular targeted drugs in vitro and in vivoHiroshi Hirai
Department of Oncology, Banyu Tsukuba Research Institute, Merck Research Laboratories, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300 2611, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 9:1956-67. 2010..These findings suggest that Akt inhibition may augment the efficacy of existing cancer therapeutics; thus, MK-2206 is a promising agent to treat cancer patients who receive these cytotoxic and/or molecular targeted agents...
- ERBB receptors and cancer: the complexity of targeted inhibitorsNancy E Hynes
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Nat Rev Cancer 5:341-54. 2005..We will discuss the significance of these receptors as clinical targets, in particular the molecular mechanisms underlying response...
- Treatment-related mortality with bevacizumab in cancer patients: a meta-analysisVishal Ranpura
Department of Medicine, Stony Brook University Cancer Center, 9447 SUNY, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
JAMA 305:487-94. 2011..Currently, the role of bevacizumab in treatment-related mortality is not clear...
- Prognostic and predictive value of the 21-gene recurrence score assay in postmenopausal women with node-positive, oestrogen-receptor-positive breast cancer on chemotherapy: a retrospective analysis of a randomised trialKathy S Albain
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Maywood, IL, USA
Lancet Oncol 11:55-65. 2010....
- Phase III study of docetaxel and cisplatin plus fluorouracil compared with cisplatin and fluorouracil as first-line therapy for advanced gastric cancer: a report of the V325 Study GroupEric Van Cutsem
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 24:4991-7. 2006....
- Chemotherapy in advanced gastric cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis based on aggregate dataAnna D Wagner
First Department of Medicine, Coordinating Centre for Clinical Trials, and Institute of Medical Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Informatics, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
J Clin Oncol 24:2903-9. 2006..This systematic review and meta-analysis were performed to assess the efficacy and tolerability of chemotherapy in patients with advanced gastric cancer...
- Cetuximab monotherapy and cetuximab plus irinotecan in irinotecan-refractory metastatic colorectal cancerDavid Cunningham
Royal Marsden Hospital, London, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 351:337-45. 2004..We compared the efficacy of cetuximab in combination with irinotecan with that of cetuximab alone in metastatic colorectal cancer that was refractory to treatment with irinotecan...
- Phase II randomized study of neoadjuvant everolimus plus letrozole compared with placebo plus letrozole in patients with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancerJose Baselga
Medical Oncology Department, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, P Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Oncol 27:2630-7. 2009..This study explored whether sensitivity to letrozole was enhanced with the oral mTOR inhibitor, everolimus (RAD001)...
- Bevacizumab plus irinotecan in recurrent glioblastoma multiformeJames J Vredenburgh
Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:4722-9. 2007..We performed a phase II trial of bevacizumab, a monoclonal antibody to vascular endothelial growth factor, in combination with irinotecan...
- Bevacizumab beyond first progression is associated with prolonged overall survival in metastatic colorectal cancer: results from a large observational cohort study (BRiTE)Axel Grothey
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5326-34. 2008..1 months was reported. The association between various pre- and post-treatment factors (including the use of bevacizumab beyond first progression [BBP]) and survival was examined...
- RIBBON-1: randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III trial of chemotherapy with or without bevacizumab for first-line treatment of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative, locally recurrent or metastatic breast cancerNicholas J Robert
Virginia Cancer Specialists, US Oncology, Fairfax, VA, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:1252-60. 2011....
- Long-term results of the R-CHOP study in the treatment of elderly patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a study by the Groupe d'Etude des Lymphomes de l'AdulteP Feugier
Hematology Department, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Brabois, 54500 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Clin Oncol 23:4117-26. 2005....
- Phase III randomized comparison of gemcitabine versus gemcitabine plus capecitabine in patients with advanced pancreatic cancerDavid Cunningham
Royal Marsden National HealthService NHS Foundation Trust, London and Surrey, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 27:5513-8. 2009..This open-label study was designed to compare the overall survival (OS) of patients randomly assigned to GEM alone or GEM plus capecitabine (GEM-CAP)...
- Randomized phase III study of cisplatin plus irinotecan versus carboplatin plus paclitaxel, cisplatin plus gemcitabine, and cisplatin plus vinorelbine for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: Four-Arm Cooperative Study in JapanY Ohe
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Oncol 18:317-23. 2007..To compare the efficacy and toxicity of three platinum-based combination regimens against cisplatin plus irinotecan (IP) in patients with untreated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) by a non-inferiority design...
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy with or without chemotherapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma: radiation therapy oncology group phase II trial 0225Nancy Lee
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, Box 22, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3684-90. 2009..To investigate the feasibility of intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) with or without chemotherapy, and to assess toxicities, failure patterns, and survivals in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- Six versus eight cycles of bi-weekly CHOP-14 with or without rituximab in elderly patients with aggressive CD20+ B-cell lymphomas: a randomised controlled trial (RICOVER-60)Michael Pfreundschuh
Internal Medicine, Saarland University Medical School, Saarland University, Homburg, Germany
Lancet Oncol 9:105-16. 2008..This randomised trial assessed whether six or eight cycles of R-CHOP-14 can improve outcome of these patients compared with six or eight cycles of CHOP-14...
- A phase III randomized comparison of lapatinib plus capecitabine versus capecitabine alone in women with advanced breast cancer that has progressed on trastuzumab: updated efficacy and biomarker analysesDavid Cameron
University of Leeds, Leeds, England, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 112:533-43. 2008..Updated efficacy and initial biomarker results from this trial are reported...
- Five-year follow-up of patients receiving imatinib for chronic myeloid leukemiaBrian J Druker
Oregon Health and Science University Cancer Institute, L592, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2408-17. 2006..Imatinib inhibits this kinase, and in a short-term study was superior to interferon alfa plus cytarabine for newly diagnosed CML in the chronic phase. For 5 years, we followed patients with CML who received imatinib as initial therapy...
- PTEN expression and KRAS mutations on primary tumors and metastases in the prediction of benefit from cetuximab plus irinotecan for patients with metastatic colorectal cancerFotios Loupakis
Department of Oncology, Azienda USL 6, Istituto Toscano Tumori, Livorno, Italy
J Clin Oncol 27:2622-9. 2009..This retrospective study investigated the role of PTEN loss, AKT phosphorylation, and KRAS mutations on the activity of cetuximab plus irinotecan in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC)...
- Gefitinib in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trial--INTACT 2Roy S Herbst
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 432, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:785-94. 2004..This phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial evaluated gefitinib plus paclitaxel and carboplatin in chemotherapy-naive patients with advanced NSCLC...
- Randomized trial of cytoreduction and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy versus systemic chemotherapy and palliative surgery in patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal cancerVic J Verwaal
Department of Surgery, Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 21:3737-43. 2003....
- Comparison of two neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy regimens for locally advanced rectal cancer: results of the phase III trial ACCORD 12/0405-Prodige 2Jean Pierre Gerard
Centre Antoine Lacassagne, 06189 Nice Cedex 2, France
J Clin Oncol 28:1638-44. 2010..Neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy is considered a standard approach for T3-4 M0 rectal cancer. In this situation, we compared neoadjuvant radiotherapy plus capecitabine with dose-intensified radiotherapy plus capecitabine and oxaliplatin...
- The triple negative paradox: primary tumor chemosensitivity of breast cancer subtypesLisa A Carey
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7305, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2329-34. 2007..Gene expression analysis identifies several breast cancer subtypes. We examined the relationship of neoadjuvant chemotherapy response to outcome among these breast cancer subtypes...
- Paclitaxel plus platinum-based chemotherapy versus conventional platinum-based chemotherapy in women with relapsed ovarian cancer: the ICON4/AGO-OVAR-2.2 trialM K B Parmar
Lancet 361:2099-106. 2003..There is no agreed second-line treatment at relapse. We assessed paclitaxel plus platinum chemotherapy as such treatment...
- Chemoradiotherapy of locally advanced esophageal cancer: long-term follow-up of a prospective randomized trial (RTOG 85-01). Radiation Therapy Oncology GroupJ S Cooper
Department of Radiation Oncology, New York University, NY, USA
JAMA 281:1623-7. 1999..We previously reported results of a study conducted from January 1986 to April 1990 of combined chemotherapy and RT vs RT alone when an interim analysis revealed significant benefit for combined therapy...
- Prednisone plus cabazitaxel or mitoxantrone for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progressing after docetaxel treatment: a randomised open-label trialJohann Sebastian de Bono
Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust and The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, UK
Lancet 376:1147-54. 2010..We aimed to compare the efficacy and safety of cabazitaxel plus prednisone with those of mitoxantrone plus prednisone in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer with progressive disease after docetaxel-based treatment...
- Preoperative chemotherapy in primary operable breast cancer: results from the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer trial 10902J A van der Hage
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 19:4224-37. 2001....
- Patient preference and pharmacokinetics of oral modulated UFT versus intravenous fluorouracil and leucovorin: a randomised crossover trial in advanced colorectal cancerM M Borner
Early Clinical Studies Group of The European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 38:349-58. 2002..v. 5-FU/LV. Oral UFT/LV compares favourably with i.v. 5-FU/LV in terms of toxicity and patient's preference and leads to prolonged 5-FU exposure, which is comparable to continuous i.v. 5-FU treatment...
- Overall survival with cisplatin-gemcitabine and bevacizumab or placebo as first-line therapy for nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer: results from a randomised phase III trial (AVAiL)M Reck
Department of Thoracic Oncology, Krankenhaus Grosshansdorf, Grosshansdorf
Ann Oncol 21:1804-9. 2010..We report the final overall survival (OS) analysis from the phase III AVAiL trial...
- Capecitabine/cisplatin versus 5-fluorouracil/cisplatin as first-line therapy in patients with advanced gastric cancer: a randomised phase III noninferiority trialY K Kang
Division of Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Ann Oncol 20:666-73. 2009..To compare capecitabine/cisplatin with 5-fluorouracil/cisplatin as first-line treatment for advanced gastric cancer (AGC)...
- Cisplatin and fluorouracil alone or with docetaxel in head and neck cancerMarshall R Posner
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 357:1705-15. 2007....
- Response of patients in phase II studies of chemotherapy in ovarian cancer: implications for patient treatment and the design of phase II trialsG Blackledge
West Midlands Cancer Research Campaign Clinical Trials Unit, University of Birmingham, UK
Br J Cancer 59:650-3. 1989..Future phase II studies should probably exclude patients in this category, since the chance of their responding is very low...
- Pathologic complete response rates in young women with BRCA1-positive breast cancers after neoadjuvant chemotherapyTomasz Byrski
Department of Genetics andPathology, International Hereditary Cancer Center, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
J Clin Oncol 28:375-9. 2010..To estimate the rate of pathologic complete response (pCR) to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in BRCA1 mutation carriers according to chemotherapy regimen...
- Trabectedin plus pegylated liposomal Doxorubicin in recurrent ovarian cancerBradley J Monk
University of California at Irvine UCI and UCI Medical Center, Orange, CA 92868 3298, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:3107-14. 2010....
- Phase II study of efficacy and safety of bevacizumab in combination with chemotherapy or erlotinib compared with chemotherapy alone for treatment of recurrent or refractory non small-cell lung cancerRoy S Herbst
The M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:4743-50. 2007..A single-arm phase I and II study of bevacizumab plus erlotinib demonstrated encouraging efficacy, with a favorable safety profile...
- Biochemical markers of bone turnover in metastatic prostate cancerPrimo N Lara; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Phase II Study of 44Gy from 131I-81C6 for CNS TumorsDavid Reardon; Fiscal Year: 2004..To further define the toxicity of this approach and Specific Aim 3.To determine the impact of this therapy on quality of life. ..
- Defibrotide for the treatment of severe hepatic veno-cc*Paul Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- EXPLOITING NOVEL THERAPEUTIC TARGETS IN MULTIPLE MYELOMA (K23M)Ruben Niesvizky; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is expected that this work will significantly contribute to the care of patients with this disease and other B-cell malignancies. ..
- Phase 3 stem cell transplant for light chain amyloidosisMorie A Gertz; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, the analysis of clonal precursor B cells in the periphery and kinetics of amyloid formation of the monoclonal light chain will allow us to define and determine the mechanisms of disease progression and response to therapy. ..
- Cognitive Functioning After Breast Cancer TreatmentPatricia A Ganz; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Proapoptotic Therapy for B-cell Non Hodgkin's LymphomaAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Multiparametric MRI characterization of breast tissueMichael Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL SEROTHERAPY STRATEGIES--PLASMA CELL MALIGNANCIESSTEVEN TREON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Analogous to our work with Muc-1, we will also attempt to identify other PCD selective targets by generating and examining mAbs specific to the plasma cell glycoform of CD138. ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also monitor treatment/management changes, and evaluate acceptability of computer assessments and the perceived benefits of the recommendations. ..
- Anti-CD20 CTL for Therapy of Mantle Cell LymphomaOliver Press; Fiscal Year: 2007..The preliminary results obtained to date suggest that this novel immunotherapy represents a safe, promising approach for patients with relapsed MCL. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Measurement of Hypoxia in Non Small Cell Lung CarcinomaMichael Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2003..We believe the data from this pilot study will be useful to design future study(ies) with clinical endpoints and to guide selection of subjects for novel hypoxia-directed therapies in patients with NSCLC...
- CLINICAL TRIALS OF FLAVOPIRIDOL WITH CHEMOTHERAPYGary Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2008..Continue to examine the mechanisms by which flavopiridol potentiates CPT-11 induced apoptosis, which should provide the opportunity to identify new biomarkers of response for these flavopiridol drug combinations. ..
- A Novel Vitamin D Target in Human Prostate CancerTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2007..New treatment targets are needed to develop new drugs to treat prostate cancer, the most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second-leading cancer killer in US men. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clinical Significance of Apoptosis in Colon CancerFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Treatment of Early Stage Multiple MyelomaS Rajkumar; Fiscal Year: 2006..BM angiogenesis will be studied using immunostaining (IHC) for CD34 and an in vitro human angiogenesis assay. VEGF expression will be studied using IHC and quantitative RT-PCR. ..
- FAS/APO-1 MEDIATED APOPTOSISRobert Fine; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, the selective and rapid induction of apoptosis occurring only in cancer cells carrying p53 abnormalities could be a powerful therapeutic modality for the treatment of cancer. ..
- Bioavailability of Tea Polyphenols in Prostate CancerSusanne Henning; Fiscal Year: 2002..ODC enzyme activity will be determined measuring the release of 14C CO2 from 14C ornithine. These studies will provide information important in designing studies to critically test the role of dietary supplementation in prostate cancer. ..
- Proteasome Inhibition in Myelodysplastic SyndromesJane Liesveld; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will define a potential therapeutic role for bortezomib in MDS and will aid in understanding the hematopoietic stem cell in these disorders. ..
- Phase I/II Trial of ZD1839 and Celecoxib in Ex-SmokersMichael Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- CALCITRIOL & DEXAMETHASONE FOR MYELODYSPLASTIC SYNDROMESROBERT REDNER; Fiscal Year: 2004..Abstract Not Provided ..
- NABTC - M.D. Anderson Clinical CenterMark Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2008..The NABTC continues with the long-term goal of developing more effective treatments for patients with primary brain tumors, particularly malignant gliomas, combining longevity with the quality of survival. ..
- Funtional Proteomics and Response to Preoperative Theraphy in Breast CancerAna Gonzalez Angulo; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Changes in Functional Status Across Therapy for Primary GliomaLee Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CELL DEATH INDUCED BY ANTICANCER AGENTSAlan Eastman; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal of this research program will be to define which pathway and effector a specific leukemia uses, and then prescribe effective drug combinations that will be individualized for that patient. ..
- The Role of SPARC in Neuroblastoma AngiogenesisSusan Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Resistance and Response Mechanisms to Prostate Cancer TherapyTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test the effectiveness of novel treatments that exploit newly discovered targets in the laboratory and lay the foundation for human trials to develop effective prostate cancer treatment. ..
- Phase II Study of Imatinib Mesylate in Patients with Inoperable Melanoma Gary K Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Dose reductions are allowed in the setting of toxicity. Imaging studies will be performed on an every 6 week schedule. ..
- Multi-peptide Vaccine Administered with Cyclophosphamide for High-risk MelanomaCRAIG LEE SLINGLUFF; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Postmarketing Surveillance of Toxicities Associated with Cancer ChemotherapyXianglin Du; Fiscal Year: 2010..This database is especially unique for studying cancer chemotherapy and its toxicity because chemotherapy is among the few drugs that are covered by Medicare for past several decades. ..
- Illness Perception, Pain, and Symptom Distress in Gastrointestinal CancersVirginia Sun; Fiscal Year: 2009..This information will help improve the treatment of these cancers, lower patient distress, and improve QOL. ..
- Aberrant Crypt Foci as a Biomarker for ChemopreventionFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Targeted Molecular Therapeutics for Melanoma: CCI-779 and BevacizumabCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2008..The following proposal is a clinical trial to evaluate the effects of bevacizumab and CCI-779, which interfere with vascularization and tumor growth, for the treatment of melanoma. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of a Novel Translocation Product in APLROBERT REDNER; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, the recent finding of NPM-rearrangements in the majority of normal-cytogenetic AML patients increases the significance of these studies of mutated NPM beyond the variant APL in which NPM- RAR is found. ..
- MULTI-EPITOPE MELANOMA VACCINES FOR CD4 AND CD8 T-CELLSCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- VEGFs in Artery-Vein Imbalance in AIDS-Kaposi SarcomaParkash Gill; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work is anticipated to enhance our understanding of KS pathogenesis, provide opportunities for novel therapies for KS, and contribute to the understanding of vascular biology. ..
- Combined Chemoprevention Using a Nanotechnology-based Therapeutic SystemSunil Prabhu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISTIC STUDIES ON NEW PLATINUM CLINICAL AGENTSNicholas Farrell; Fiscal Year: 2007..The drugs will be used in combination with targetted drugs to provide better treatment regimens for cancer patients. ..
- Molecular Classification and Therapy of CNS LymphomasJames Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will perform gene expression profile analysis of these tumors from diagnostic specimens obtained from a frozen tumor bank to identify a set of genes, which can be used to predict outcome. ..
- Phase I/II Study of MS-275 and 5-Azacytidine in Patients with Advanced Non-SmallCHARLES RUDIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, this approach could alter the poor prognosis of individuals with this disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BLys inhibition using TACI-Fc in patients with B-bell non-Hodgkins' LymphomaStephen Ansell; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Tea Polyphenols in Chemoprevention of Prostate CancerSUSANNE MARGARETE HENNING; Fiscal Year: 2011..The results will assist in designing dietary supplements for chemoprevention of early stages of prostate cancer or during watchful waiting. ..
- CONTROL OF DIFFERENTIATION IN COLON CARCINOMALuzhe Sun; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- ABROGATION OF CELL CYCLE ARREST BY STAUROSPORINE ANALOGSAlan Eastman; Fiscal Year: 2001..These experiments should identify a drug combination that can be tested for its selective targeting to p53-defective tumors in future clinical trials. ..
- Angiogenesis and thalidomide therapy in multiple myelomaS Rajkumar; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study offers a unique opportunity to serially study tumor cells and the tumor microenvironment following potential anti-angiogenic therapy. ..
- MULTI-EPITOPE MELANOMA PEPTIDE VACCINATION WITH GM-CSFCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Metals in Medicine Gordon Research ConferenceNicholas Farrell; Fiscal Year: 2004..The modest sum requested to support the MIMGRC will enable the organizers to invite and attract participants in a topic that has impact on a wide cross-section of health sciences. ..
- Acupuncture for hot flashes in prostate cancer patientsTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal is to provide prostate cancer patients an effective, low toxicity, non-pharmacologic treatment modality for hot flashes. ..
- A pharmacogenetic and pharmacodynamic study of erlotinibCHARLES RUDIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Defining the basis of this toxicity could also promote the development of EGFR-directed agents that may avoid such toxicity or that may be effective in a broader spectrum of cancer patients. ..
- CLINICAL ONCOLOGY RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMJohn Rinehart; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed program builds on this success and has been enhanced to strengthen the clinical investigation and translational research components. ..
- Oregon Prostate Cancer Conference 2001TOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- INTRACELLULAR TRAFFICKING OF IMMUNOTOXINSOliver Press; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Cell Survival Pathways and Inhibitors in LeukemiaAlan Eastman; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Chimeric Anti CD20 T Cell Receptors for Lymphoma TherapyOliver Press; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- PHASE I TRIALS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY GROUPSusan Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF HEREDITARY MACROTHROMBOCYTOPENIASMichael Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2002..When the causative gene is identified, biochemical and physiological analysis will be pursued including development of a murine model of the disease. ..
- Anti-Leukemic Activity of the Novel Triterpeniod CDDOMichael Andreeff; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term goal of our proposed mechanistic and efficacy studies is to determine the potential of CDDO as a novel anti-leukemia and anti-tumor agent. ..
- VACCINES WITH MHC CLASS II-RESTRICTED MELANOMA PEPTIDESCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PS-341 in Hepatocellular Carcinoma: A Phase II TrialJordan Berlin; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Evaluation of Chemotherapy Claims for Breast CancerXianglin Du; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Ovarian Cancer: Strategies for consolidationPaul Sabbatini; Fiscal Year: 2006..Promising strategies will be moved to patients in primary remission (Specific Aim 1) with a current median time to treatment failure of 18-21 months...
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The grant will also allow for continuation of meritorious pilot protocols and will allow GCC to monitor and collect data which will produce mutual benefit to the GCC and CALGB. ..
- Phase I Trial of Safingol and CisplatinGary Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..conduct "proof of principle" biological assays to measure the degree of ceramide production and/or S1P inhibition, either of which may be predictive of clinical outcome or toxicity. ..
- Bortezomib and Idarubicin in the Treatment of AMLDIANNA HOWARD; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that with this novel treatment regimen we will observe potent anti-leukemic activity and complete clinical remissions. ..
- MENTORING FOR NEW CANCER THERAPEAUTICSGary Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..This K24 award mechanism represents the essence of what we are proposing and for which support is needed. ..
- CEA BASED VACCINE THERAPY IN PATIENTS WITH ADVANCED CAJohn Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2005..So far, the applicant's experience with the first generation CEA-based vaccines has generated a great deal of excitement, and yet he anticipates even more from the newer vaccine constructs. ..
- Near Infrared Diffused Light Imaging with UltrasoundQuing Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2002..Completion of this research plan will serve to validate a novel method for detection and diagnosis of breast lesions, resulting in new opportunities for early detection and appropriate treatment of breast carcinoma. ..
- NF KAPPA B MEDIATED CHEMORESISTANCE IN HUMAN LUNG CANCERDavid Jones; Fiscal Year: 2005..The ultimate goal of this study is to provide the necessary background for the initiation of novel treatment strategies designed to treat patients with advanced lung cancer. ..
- Antifolate Resistance in OsteosarcomaRichard Gorlick; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Radioimmunotherapy: An Anti-Neoplastic StrategyAndres Forero; Fiscal Year: 2006..The follow-up trial will be a phase II study to determine the efficacy of 131I-HuCC49ACH2 in resistant/refractory EOC patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHEMOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR BREAST CANCER TREATMENTLeisha Emens; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of the P13K/AKT pathway in Waldenstrom MacroglobulinemiaIrene Ghobrial; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cognitive Effects of Cancer ChemotherapyTim Ahles; Fiscal Year: 2005..post-menopausal at diagnosis), and use of tamoxifen (breast cancer only). ..
- AFP-Based Immunotherapy for Hepatocellular CarcinomaAntoni Ribas; Fiscal Year: 2006..In summary, I propose a clinically-oriented research program that translates this original work into novel, evidence-based immnunotherapy trials for hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- CLONOTYPIC PCR FOR MINIMAL RESIDUAL DISEASE IN LYMPHOMAAriela Noy; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, the extensive patient population facilitates the execution of a large number of clinical protocols in a timely manner. ..
- CHILDRENS CANCER GROUPPeter Steinherz; Fiscal Year: 2002..Members of the affiliate hospitals have been participating in CCG studies and have proven their ability to conduct the clinical studies and provide material for laboratory evaluation. ..
- Mechanism of combined 'epigenetic therapy' in myeloid malignanciesSteven Gore; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Post-transcriptional Regulation Requires Phosphorylation of HuR in GliomaLOUIS NABORS; Fiscal Year: 2009..at the top of each printed page and each continuation page. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- DNA METHYLTRANSFERASE/HISTONE DEACETYLASE INHIBITIONSteven Gore; Fiscal Year: 2002..This will enable determination of the "molecular response rate" to this therapy and preliminary exploration of correlation between these molecular endpoints and clinical response. ..
- Endpoint Analyses of Anti-Integrin Therapy for GliomasLOUIS NABORS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Data from these studies will be critically important in developing, refining and validating non-invasive methodologies for timely assessment of specific anti-angiogenic therapies for malignant brain tumors in patients. ..
- Arsenic Trioxide in Primary Curative APL TherapySteven Gore; Fiscal Year: 2008..Success of this trial will potentially be followed by the testing of regimen against more conventional and more extensive treatment for APL in a Phase III trial. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Changes Associated with PCa bone metastasesKenneth Pienta; Fiscal Year: 2006..This knowledge could lead to the development of better biomarkers of disease progression as well as targets for therapy. ..
- Antitumor Mechanisms of SRC Inhibitors in Lung CancerEric Haura; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Therapeutic Modulation of COX-2-induced Immunosuppression in Metastatic RCCBrian Rini; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will have broad implications for the immunoregulation of cancer and how expression and modulation of COX-2 expression influences the immune response to cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- THERAPEUTIC STUDIES OF ANAPLASTIC GLIOMASLOUIS NABORS; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal thus builds on our extensive clinical investigative expertise within the context of a well-established multi-institutional brain tumor treatment consortium. ..