Genomes and Genes
Summary: The transfer of leukocytes from a donor to a recipient or reinfusion to the donor.
Publications119 found, 100 shown here
- Donor CMV serostatus has no impact on CMV viremia or disease when prophylactic granulocyte transfusions are given following allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantationRavi Vij
Section of Bone Marrow Transplantation and Leukemia, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110 1093, USA
Blood 101:2067-9. 2003..This knowledge may help expand the donor pool in areas with a high prevalence of CMV in the general population...
- Granulocyte transfusion in the G-CSF eraThomas H Price
Puget Sound Blood Center, and University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Int J Hematol 76:77-80. 2002..G-CSF administration to donors is well tolerated. Controlled clinical trials are needed to determine the therapeutic efficacy of G-CSF-primed granulocyte transfusions...
- Leukocyte transfusion and the development of the continuous-flow blood cell separatorEmil J Freireich
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 55, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Transfus Med Rev 25:344-50. 2011..Thus, the continuous-flow centrifugal blood cell separator has become an important instrument in the science of blood collection and transfusion...
- Genetically modified donor leukocyte transfusion and graft-versus-leukemia effect after allogeneic stem cell transplantationSylvia Borchers
Department of Hematology, Hemostasis, Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplantation, Hannover Medical School, Hannover 30625, Germany
Hum Gene Ther 22:829-41. 2011..In one patient with CML, loss of bcr-abl gene expression was observed after an expansion of transduced cells. Seven of nine patients are alive and in complete remission...
- Method of removing incompatible red blood cells from granulocyte componentsAida B Narvios
Transfus Apher Sci 35:179-80. 2006
- Autologous white blood cell transfusion: toward a younger immunityDominique Charron
INSERM U662, Institut Universitaire d Hématologie Université Paris Diderot and Laboratoire d Immunologie et d Histocompatibilité, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Hum Immunol 68:805-12. 2007....
- The role of colony-stimulating factors and granulocyte transfusion in treatment options for neutropenia in children with cancerDer Cherng Liang
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Paediatr Drugs 5:673-84. 2003..Granulocyte transfusion has shown promising results in treating children with severe neutropenic infection; however, controlled trials are warranted to clarify the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of this procedure...
- A dose-response analysis of lenograstim plus dexamethasone for neutrophil mobilization and collectionHans Gert Heuft
Department of Transfusion Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Transfusion 45:604-12. 2005..The objective was to evaluate the dose-response relationship of lenograstim plus dexamethasone for neutrophil mobilization and collection...
- Granulocyte transfusions in children with chronic granulomatous disease and invasive aspergillosisAydan Ikinciogullari
Department of Pediatrics, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Ther Apher Dial 9:137-41. 2005..Granulocyte transfusions from G-CSF and dexamethasone stimulated donors could be a choice of treatment in chronic granulomatous disease patients, especially with disseminated invasive Aspergillosis...
- Nonmyeloablative bone marrow transplantation: Infectious complications in 65 recipients of HLA-identical and mismatched transplantsAndrew Daly
Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant Program, Princess Margaret Hospital University Health Network, University of Toronto, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:373-82. 2003..We conclude that a quantitative T-cell deficiency in these extensively T-cell depleted patients may be a risk factor for infection, even in the absence of graft-versus-host disease...
- Prophylactic and interventional granulocyte transfusions in patients with haematological malignancies and life-threatening infections during neutropeniaSabine Mousset
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Ann Hematol 84:734-41. 2005..We conclude that under GTX, the infection-related mortality even in high-risk patients is low. Due to a secondary prophylaxis with GTX, haematopoietic allografts can be safely given to patients with previous fungal infections...
- A defined donor activating natural killer cell receptor genotype protects against leukemic relapse after related HLA-identical hematopoietic stem cell transplantationS Verheyden
HLA Laboratory, Academisch Ziekenhuis Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Brussels, Belgium
Leukemia 19:1446-51. 2005..018). In conclusion, this study suggests that a joint effect of these two selected activating KIRs in the donor might confer some protection against leukemic relapse...
- Immunomodulation of invasive fungal infectionsEmmanuel Roilides
Third Department of Pediatrics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Hippokration Hospital, Konstantinoupoleos 49, GR 54642 Thessaloniki, Greece
Infect Dis Clin North Am 17:193-219. 2003..There is an urgent need to push forward with well-structured, randomized clinical trials to determine optimal dose, duration, and timing for different combinations of immunotherapy and antifungal agents in high-risk patients...
- Clinical applications of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor: an update and summaryK Hubel
Klinik I fur Innere Medizin, Klinikum der Universität zu Köln, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, 50924 Köln, Germany
Ann Hematol 82:207-13. 2003..The promising results with G-CSF have promoted further studies, e.g., in immunocompetent patients or in granulocyte transfusion therapy. Here, we review the potential clinical role of G-CSF and describe its future perspectives...
- Granulocyte transfusion as a treatment for enterococcal meningoencephalitis after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation from an unrelated donorY Tsukada
Department of Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:69-72. 2003..Further studies are warranted to evaluate the clinical efficacy of GTX for the treatment of uncontrolled infections in granulocytopenic stem cell transplant recipients...
- Bone marrow engraftment analysis after granulocyte transfusionSharon L Swierczynski
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Park Building, Room SB202, 600 North Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Mol Diagn 7:422-6. 2005..This case illustrates that white cell transfusion can lead to erroneous bone marrow engraftment results, particularly if only one microsatellite locus is used to monitor engraftment...
- Serial granulocyte transfusions as a treatment for sepsis due to multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a neutropenic patientYing Wei Lin
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 41:4892-3. 2003..Granulocyte transfusion should be considered as a treatment for severe infection in patients with neutropenia...
- Bone marrow as stem cell source for allogeneic HLA-identical sibling transplantation following reduced-intensity preparative regimenCatherine Faucher
Unité de Transplantation et de Thérapie Cellulaire UTTC, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Exp Hematol 31:873-80. 2003..RIC has been shown to allow engraftment with minimal early transplant-related mortality (TRM). However, in the context of RIC, the use of bone marrow (BM) as stem cell source is still little evaluated...
- Granulocyte transfusion: revisitedMichael A Briones
Division Hematology and Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, AFLAC Cancer Center and Blood Disorders, 2040 Ridgewood Drive, Suite 100, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Curr Hematol Rep 2:522-7. 2003....
- Impact of high-dose granulocyte transfusions in patients with cancer with candidemia: retrospective case-control analysis of 491 episodes of Candida species bloodstream infectionsAmar Safdar
Department of Infectious Diseases, Infection Control, and Employee Health, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 101:2859-65. 2004..The authors sought to determine the impact of high-dose (approximately 5.5 x 10(10) cells) GTX in patients with candidemia...
- Renewed granulocyte support practice and its alternativesBela Balint
Military Medical Academy, Institute of Transfusiology, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Vojnosanit Pregl 61:537-45. 2004
- Re: allogenic transplantation after nonmyelosuppressive conditioning--the effect of single-agent pentostatinGary J Schiller
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 10:576-7. 2004
- The role of granulocyte transfusions in neutropenic patientsM Bishton
Department of Haematology, Nottingham City Hospital, UK
Br J Haematol 127:501-8. 2004..We also aim to provide a practical guide to the application of this therapeutic approach...
- Donor leukocyte infusion after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in patients with juvenile myelomonocytic leukemiaA Yoshimi
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Division of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, University of Freiburg, Freiburg 79106, Germany
Leukemia 19:971-7. 2005..Infusion of a high number of T cells, strategies to reduce toxicity, and cytoreduction prior to DLI may improve the results...
- G-CSF-mobilised granulocyte transfusion to an ALL patient complicated by cytomegalovirus transmissionU Meyer-Koenig
Bone Marrow Transplant 34:1095-6. 2004
- [Current data on granulocytes donations]D Lemau de Talancé
Site Lecourbe, EFS Ile de France, 20, rue Lecourbe 75015 Paris, France
Transfus Clin Biol 11:106-12. 2004..Most donations present an amount of white cells between 2 and 4 10 x 10(10). This enables to transfuse efficiently children and adults...
- Successful treatment of incipient graft rejection with donor leukocyte infusions, further proof of a graft versus host lymphohaemopoietic effectJ L Diez-Martin
Unidad de Trasplante de Medula Osea, Hosp G U Gregorio Marañón, Doctor Esquerdo 46, 28007 Madrid, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:1037-41. 2004..In conclusion, provided that an early diagnosis is made, the graft versus host lymphohaemopoietic effect harboured by immunocompetent donor cells can be successfully used for the treatment of incipient graft rejection...
- Selected CD34 blood cell allografts for older patients: low transplant-related mortality, graft failure and acute GvHDM M Roberts
Division of Haematology, Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Adelaide, South Australia
Cytotherapy 5:534-41. 2003..Potential increased risk of relapse is addressed by giving donor leucocyte infusion (DLI) post-transplant...
- Tolerance of granulocyte donors towards granulocyte colony-stimulating factor stimulation and of patients towards granulocyte transfusions: results of a multicentre studyJ Bux
Department of Transfusion Medicine, University of Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Vox Sang 85:322-5. 2003..A leucocyte alloimmunization rate of 24% was found. G-CSF stimulation and transfusion of G-CSF-mobilized granulocytes were well tolerated by donors and recipients, respectively...
- Granulocyte transfusionEhab Atallah
Divison of Hematology Oncology, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 13:45-9. 2006..The aim of this review is to evaluate the most recent studies in granulocyte transfusion therapy and their clinical applicability...
- Is it time for a new look at granulocyte transfusions?Jo Anne H van Burik
Transfusion 42:1393-5. 2002
- Reduced-intensity allogeneic stem cell transplantation in relapsed and refractory Hodgkin's disease: low transplant-related mortality and impact of intensity of conditioning regimenP Anderlini
Department of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:943-51. 2005..03), and a trend towards better progression-free survival (37 vs 21% at 18 months; P=0.2). RIC allo-SCT is feasible in relapsed/refractory HD patients with a low TRM. The intensity of the preparative regimen affects survival...
- Pure white cell aplasia (PWCA) relapsing after allogeneic BMT and successfully treated with nine DLIsA M Marmont
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:987-9. 2006
- DNA immunization against tissue-restricted antigens enhances tumor immunity after allogeneic hemopoietic stem cell transplantationMiguel Angel Perales
Swim Across America Laboratory of Tumor Immunology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Immunol 177:4159-67. 2006..These results demonstrate that DNA immunization against tissue-restricted Ags after allogeneic T cell-depleted HSCT can induce potent antitumor effects without causing GVHD...
- Effect of induced GVHD in leukemia patients relapsing after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation: single-center experience of 33 adult patientsC K Min
The Catholic Hemopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Center, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Bone Marrow Transplant 27:999-1005. 2001..We conclude that acute GVHD is associated with considerable toxicity while chronic GVHD plays a role in retaining remission in leukemia relapsing after allogeneic BMT...
- Intravenous injection of apoptotic leukocytes enhances bone marrow engraftment across major histocompatibility barriersM C Bittencourt
, , , France
Blood 98:224-30. 2001..Such a simple approach could be of interest in BM transplantation settings involving an important HLA donor/recipient disparity, a T-cell-depleted graft, or reduced conditioning regimen intensity...
- Granulocyte transfusion therapy: update on potential clinical applicationsK Hubel
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7185, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 8:161-4. 2001..This review summarizes the current role of granulocyte transfusion therapy in infectious diseases and highlights important recent advances...
- Apoptotic donor leukocytes limit mixed-chimerism induced by CD40-CD154 blockade in allogeneic bone marrow transplantationJian Ming Li
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:1239-49. 2006....
- The impact of chimerism patterns and predonor leukocyte infusion lymphopenia on survival following T cell-depleted reduced intensity conditioned transplantsBronwen E Shaw
Department of Haematology, Nottingham City Hospital Campus, Nottingham University Hospitals, Nottingham UK
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:550-9. 2007..In conclusion, the chimerism pattern was the best indicator of improved survival in this cohort (ie, MC later converting to FDC). In those with MC, response to DLI therapy was associated with a low lymphocyte count pre-DLI...
- [Towards the use of intravenous apoptotic leukocyte infusion as a cell-based therapy approach?]P Saas
INSERM, UMR 645, EFS Bourgogne Franche Comte, Universite de Franche Comte, IFR 133 BP 1937, 1, boulevard A Fleming, 25020 Besançon cedex, France
Transfus Clin Biol 15:98-108. 2008..Here, we review the different factors and cells implicated in the immunomodulatory properties of apoptotic cells. Then, we discuss the potential significance of such observations in transfusion practice...
- [Clinical application of granulocyte concentrates in neutropenia caused by immunosupressive treatment]Jolanta Korsak
Wojskowy Instytut Medyczny w Warszawie, CSK MON, Zakład Transfuzjologii Klinicznej, Poland
Pol Merkur Lekarski 24:346-50. 2008..Further clinical studies on the role of granulocyte transfusions in the treatment of severe sepsis in patients with neutropenia or disturbances of granulocyte function caused by immunosupresion are needed...
- Allogeneic transplantation for myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)Wendy Ingram
Department of Haematological Medicine, Kings College Hospital and Kings College London, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS, UK
Blood Rev 21:61-71. 2007..The graft versus dysplasia effect resulting from allogeneic HSCT and the infusion of donor leukocytes has led to a greater understanding of the immunological mechanisms that govern outcome following transplantation in MDS...
- Liposomal amphotericin B (AmBisome) compared with amphotericin B +/- FMLP induces significantly less in vitro neutrophil aggregation with granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor/dexamethasone-mobilized allogeneic donor neutrophilsMaria Luisa Sulis
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of New York, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Blood 99:384-6. 2002....
- Effective storage of granulocytes collected by centrifugation leukapheresis from donors stimulated with granulocyte-colony-stimulating factorKai Hubel
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, WA 98195 8050, USA
Transfusion 45:1876-89. 2005..10 degrees C) with maintenance of functional properties in vitro and in vivo...
- Secondary prophylaxis of invasive fungal infections with combination antifungal therapy and G-CSF-mobilized granulocyte transfusions in three children with hematological malignanciesLorenz Grigull
Department of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, OE 6780, Carl Neuberg Str 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Support Care Cancer 14:783-6. 2006..All children survived the fungal infection and the underlying malignancy. These experiences illustrate the feasibility of this approach using more than one antifungal agent together with immune-therapy in high-risk patients...
- Successful treatment of progressive NK cell lymphoma with allogeneic peripheral stem cell transplantation followed by early cyclosporine tapering and donor leukocyte infusionsMasanori Makita
Department of Biopathology Science, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University Graduate Schools, Japan
Int J Hematol 76:94-7. 2002..Although the disease was in a progressive state at the time of transplantation, complete remission was obtained after allo-PBSCT. As of this report, the patient has been well for more than 2 years...
- Treatment and prophylaxis of severe infections in neutropenic patients by granulocyte transfusionsG Illerhaus
Department of Hematology Oncology, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg Medical Center, Germany
Ann Hematol 81:273-81. 2002..5 units vs 22.0 units, P<0.02) compared to the control group. For the treatment of infections during neutropenia, rhG-CSF-stimulated granulocyte transfusions are safe and a promising approach...
- G-CSF mobilised granulocyte transfusions in 32 paediatric patients with neutropenic sepsisLorenz Grigull
Department of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology, OE 6780 Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Support Care Cancer 14:910-6. 2006..In this retrospective, uncontrolled, observational study, the effect of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF)-stimulated granulocyte transfusions (GTX) in neutropenic paediatric patients with sepsis was evaluated...
- Recombinant interferon gamma1b immune enhancement in 20 patients with hematologic malignancies and systemic opportunistic infections treated with donor granulocyte transfusionsAmar Safdar
Department of Infectious Diseases, Infection Control, and Employee Health, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 106:2664-71. 2006..The authors evaluated the safety and efficacy of immune enhancement using recombinant interferon gamma1b (rIFN-gamma1b) in patients with cancer who received GTX for refractory, systemic, opportunistic infections...
- Three cases of renal relapse after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaK Huck
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology and Immunology, University Children s Hospital, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Haematologica 91:ECR07. 2006..Due to these observations we advocate sufficient treatment of the kidneys during conditioning therapy...
- Eradication of residual bcr-abl-positive clones by inducing graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic stem cell transplantation in patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemiaK Matsue
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Kameda General Hospital, Kamogawa, Chiba, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 29:63-6. 2002..Our observation suggests that induction of GVHD may eliminate minimal residual disease, thereby preventing leukemia relapse in patients transplanted for Ph-positive ALL...
- Therapeutic transfusions of granulocytes collected by simple bag method for children with cancer and neutropenic infections: results of a single-centre pilot studyA Kikuta
Department of Pediatrics, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima City, Japan
Vox Sang 91:70-6. 2006..We undertook a pilot study to determine the feasibility and the safety of GTX collected by the bag method for children with cancer and life-threatening infections...
- The changing face of febrile neutropenia-from monotherapy to moulds to mucositis. Fever and neutropenia: the early yearsGerald P Bodey
Department of Infectious Diseases, Infection Control and Employee Health, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard Unit 402, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 63:i3-13. 2009..Prevention of infection was attempted, using isolation rooms, air filtration and prophylactic antibiotics. All of these early efforts laid the foundations for the many important current investigations...
- Highly efficient prion transmission by blood transfusionOlivier Andreoletti
UMR INRA ENVT 1225, Interactions Hôtes Agents Pathogènes, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002782. 2012..These results demonstrate that TSE transmission by blood transfusion can be highly efficient and that this efficiency is more dependent on the viability of transfused cells than the level of infectivity measured by IC inoculation...
- Living related pancreas transplantation alone with enteric drainage in Japan: case reportY Sato
Division of Digestive and General Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Niigata, Japan
Transplant Proc 40:2559-61. 2008In this study, we report a living donor partial pancreas transplantation using intraportal donor-specific leukocyte transfusion (DSLT). The recipient was a 38-year-old woman who had type I diabetes mellitus for 17 years...
- [Indications and utilization of labile blood products]V Lapierre
Unité de Médecine Transfusionnelle et d Hémovigilance, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif
Presse Med 28:1321-6. 1999..WHITE BLOOD CELL: The transfusion of this type of product should be reserved for clinical situations determined on a consensus basis between clinicians and hemobiologists...
- Effect of whole bone marrow cell infusion in the progression of experimental chronic renal failureH C Caldas
Laboratory of Immunology and Experimental Transplantation LITEX, Medical School FAMERP FUNFARME, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, SP, Brazil
Transplant Proc 40:853-5. 2008..In the present study, we sought to assess whether the infusion of bone marrow-derived mononuclear cells (MoSCs) and mesenchymal cells (MSCs) could reduce/stabilize the rate of progression of chronic renal failure (CRF) in rats...
- The effect of donor leukocyte infusion on refractory pure red blood cell aplasia after allogeneic stem cell transplantation in a patient with myelodysplastic syndrome developing from Kostmann syndromeYasuhiro Ebihara
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 12 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Hematol 86:446-50. 2007..The results indicate that the conditioning regimen we describe seems safe and effective for those who have MDS/AML and that DLI might be a valuable approach for refractory PRCA after ABO-incompatible SCT...
- Granulocyte transfusions for neutropenic patients with life-threatening infections: a single centre experience in 47 patients, who received 348 granulocyte transfusionsY Ofran
Department of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Blood Bank and Apheresis Unit, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Vox Sang 93:363-9. 2007..The role of granulocyte transfusions (GT) in patients with neutropenia-related infections remains controversial...
- Biologic and molecular effects of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in healthy individuals: recent findings and current challengesPaolo Anderlini
Department of Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 111:1767-72. 2008..Based on the totality of information that is currently available, the administration of rhG-CSF to healthy donors for the purpose of PBPC donation continues to have a favorable risk-benefit profile...
- CD8-depleted donor leukocyte transfusions for cytomegalovirus antigenemia in patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated with allogeneic CD34(+) cell transplantationH Okumura
Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Prefectural Central Hospital, Toyama, Japan
Am J Hematol 65:278-80. 2000..After CD8-depleted DLT, the CMV antigenemia disappeared completely. This case report suggested that CD8-depleted DLT was an effective therapy for CMV antigenemia after allogeneic CD34(+) cell transplantation...
- Why have meta-analyses of randomized controlled trials of the association between non-white-blood-cell-reduced allogeneic blood transfusion and postoperative infection produced discordant results?E C Vamvakas
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Vox Sang 93:196-207. 2007..Intention-to-treat and as-treated comparisons produced concordant results...
- Granulocyte transfusions in neutropaenic children: a systematic review of the literatureM D van de Wetering
Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 43:2082-92. 2007..We reviewed all the paediatric data available on GTX, to gain a insight in to the indications for use, favourable effects and side effects in patients and donors...
- Granulocyte transfusion: current statusThomas H Price
Puget Sound Blood Center and Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Semin Hematol 44:15-23. 2007..Randomized controlled clinical trials are needed to determine whether this therapy is useful in either clearing infections or prolonging survival...
- [Granulocytes transfusion for neutropenic patients]J Fernandez
Unidades de Trasplante de Médula Osea, CEMIC, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Medicina (B Aires) 61:93-104. 2001....
- Safety and efficacy of therapeutic early onset granulocyte transfusions in pediatric patients with neutropenia and severe infectionsUlrich J H Sachs
Institute for Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Transfusion 46:1909-14. 2006..Thus, a prospective Phase II trial was conducted to test the safety and efficacy of therapeutic early-onset granulocyte transfusions in immunocompromised children with neutropenia and severe infections...
- The chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 4 inhibitor AMD3100 accelerates blood flow restoration in diabetic miceC Jiao
Integrative Physiology FH412, University of Iowa, Iowa, IA 52242, USA
Diabetologia 49:2786-9. 2006....
- A novel method for isolation of neutrophils from murine blood using negative immunomagnetic separationM J Cotter
Cardiovascular Research Group, Division of Clinical Sciences North, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S5 7AU, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 159:473-81. 2001..These findings show that neutrophils isolated using this method can be used for inflammatory studies in vitro and in vivo...
- [99mTc-HMPAO-labelled leukocytes in osteoarticular infection: clinical cases and diagnostic problems]J C Alonso Farto
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Espana
Rev Esp Med Nucl 27:217-33. 2008
- The graft-versus-leukemia effects of allogeneic cell therapyD L Porter
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Annu Rev Med 50:369-86. 1999....
- Transfusion-associated graft-versus-host diseaseJ M Rappeport
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
Yale J Biol Med 63:445-54. 1990..This syndrome may, however, also develop in immunologically competent patients receiving blood products from individuals with histocompatibility antigens not recognized as foreign...
- Polycythemia in an infant secondary to granulocyte transfusionsOlufolake Adisa
Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 57:1236-8. 2011..Expanded knowledge of potential risks of transfused granulocytes will allow for rapid recognition of transfusion-related complications, should they occur...
- Association of HLA-DR5 with recurrent spontaneous abortion in women treated with paternal leukocytes. Possible subclinical autoimmune diseaseJ B Smith
Department of Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
Arthritis Rheum 32:1572-6. 1989..01). Our findings suggest the possibility of an underlying autoimmune disease in these women...
- Delayed recovery after autologous peripheral hematopoietic cell transplantation: potential effect of a high number of total nucleated cells in the graftHélène Trébéden-Negre
Department of Biotherapy, Unite de recherche clinique, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Transfusion 50:2649-59. 2010..Factors considered being possible predictors of this outcome in this context were explored...
- Safety and efficacy of activated transfected killer cells for neutropenic fungal infectionsLin Lin
Division of Infectious Diseases, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute, Harbor University of California at Los Angeles UCLA Medical Center, 1124 West Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
J Infect Dis 201:1708-17. 2010..Invasive fungal infections cause considerable morbidity and mortality in neutropenic patients. White blood cell transfusions are a promising treatment for such infections, but technical barriers have prevented their widespread use...
- Toll-like receptor-induced reactivity and strongly potentiated IL-8 production in granulocytes mobilized for transfusion purposesAgata Drewniak
Department of Blood Cell Research, Phagocyte Laboratory, Sanquin Research and Landsteiner Laboratory, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 115:4588-96. 2010..In summary, granulocytes mobilized for transfusion purposes show enhanced TLR responsiveness in cytokine production, which is anticipated to be beneficial for the function of these cells on transfusion into patients...
- The value and practicality of granulocyte transfusion: a single oncology centre experienceH Al-Tanbal
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Transfus Med 20:160-8. 2010..This uncontrolled retrospective observational study provides some evidence that procurement and use of GTx is safe for both donors and recipients and is probably an effective supportive therapy for patients with febrile neutropaenia...
- Leukocyte urokinase plasminogen activator receptor and PSGL1 play a role in endogenous arterial fibrinolysisXufang Bai
Henderson Research Centre and McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Thromb Haemost 102:1212-8. 2009..Thus, fibrin loss from microarteriolar thrombi is mediated, at least in part, by leukocyte-associated uPA in a process that requires leukocyte uPAR and PSGL-1...
- Impact of sex, MHC, and age of recipients on the therapeutic effect of transferred leukocytes from cancer-resistant SR/CR miceJohn R Stehle
Department of Pathology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
BMC Cancer 9:328. 2009..In the current studies, we investigated factors that may impact the efficacy and functionality of SR/CR donor leukocytes in recipients...
- Autologous platelets and leukocytes can improve healing of infected high-energy soft tissue injuryAgata Cieslik-Bielecka
Department and Clinic of Orthopedics, Medical University of Silesia, Pl Medykow 1, 41 200 Sosnowiec, Poland
Transfus Apher Sci 41:9-12. 2009....
- A simple and effective method for cancer immunotherapy by inactivated allogeneic leukocytes infusionXiaosan Su
Department of Immunology, Cancer Institute, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Int J Cancer 124:1142-51. 2009..These experiments demonstrate that inactivated ALI could activate innate and adoptive antitumor immune response. It would be a simple, effective and secured method for cancer immunotherapy...
- Adult ABO-incompatible liver transplantation by intraportal transfusion of donor-specific antigen: a case reportY Sato
Division of Digestive and General Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Niigata, Japan
Transplant Proc 40:2811-4. 2008..Donor type CD56+ NKT cells may induce tolerance by a veto mechanism and/or an anti-idiotype network. ABO-incompatible liver transplantation may be improved by this strategy...
- GM-CSF and IL-2 induce specific cellular immunity and provide protection against Epstein-Barr virus lymphoproliferative disorderR A Baiocchi
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Clin Invest 108:887-94. 2001....
- Granulocyte transfusion in the management of fulminant invasive fungal rhinosinusitisD S Samadi
Department of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
Am J Rhinol 15:263-5. 2001..In the neutropenic population, granulocyte transfusion may represent an adjunct to current therapy. We provide the first report of a case of invasive fungal rhinosinusitis in which this intervention was used...
- Recent molecular and cellular advances in pediatric bone marrow transplantationJulie An M Talano
Division of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 53:685-98. 2006..This article has highlighted novel strategies for using cellular therapy in conjunction with hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) that potentially may lead to improved clinical outcomes for patients undergoing HCT in the future...
- Immunomodulation by intrathymic injection of donor leukocytes in rhesus monkeysM Jonker
Biomedical Primate Research Centre, Department of Immunobiology, Rijswijk, The Netherlands
Transplantation 72:1432-6. 2001..This is also reflected in the alloantibody response and the in vitro cellular reactivity. Intrathymic administration of donor cells does not lead to prolonged skin graft acceptance...
- Pre-emptive granulocyte transfusions enable allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in pediatric patients with chronic infectionsR F Sharon
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:331-3. 2006
- [Blood product transfusion in the neonatal period]F Arnaud
Service de neonatalogie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, Hopital de la Conception, AP HM, Marseille, France
Transfus Clin Biol 12:336-41. 2005..However, a better understanding of the indications of blood transfusion and the provision of practice guidelines may justify a re-evaluation of prophylactic strategies for anemia of prematurity...
- Induction of long-term peripheral microchimerism in non-human primates in a model of xenogeneic peripheral tolerance inductionA R Simon
Dept of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Ann Transplant 7:40-5. 2002..Thus we demonstrate that the concept of donor leukocyte transfusion is transferable into preclinical xenotransplantation...
- Rapid improvement of disseminated intravascular coagulation by donor leukocyte infusions in a patient with promyelocytic crisis of chronic myelogenous leukemia after reduced-intensity stem cell transplantation from an HLA 2-antigen-mismatched motherKosei Matsue
Division of Hematology Oncology, Kameda General Hospital, Chiba, Japan
Int J Hematol 77:408-11. 2003..In addition, this may be the first report of effective correction of DIC by DLI after stem cell transplantation...
- Storage of neutrophil granulocytes (PMNs) in additive solution or in autologous plasma for 72 hU Schwanke
Department of Research and Development, Institute for Transfusion Medicine Breitscheid, German Red Cross Transfusion Service West, Essen
Transfus Med 15:223-31. 2005..8 +/- 1.7 (1-in-2, 2) and 23.2 +/- 11.8 (1-in-8, 4) (pg mL(-1)). PMN function may be preserved for 72 h in vitro by dilution of PMN apheresates with, preferably, autologous plasma...
- Construction of hu-PBL/SCID chimeras and development of EBV-related lymphomasRun liang Gan
Cancer Research Institute, School of Medicine, Nanhua University, Hengyang 421001
Chin Med Sci J 20:16-22. 2005..To construct hu-PBL/SCID chimeras and to investigate the development of lymphoma and oncogenicity of the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)...
- Salvage chemotherapy with donor lymphocyte infusion and STI 571 in a patient relapsing with B-lymphoblastic phase chronic myeloid leukemia after allogeneic bone marrow transplantationLaszlo Gopcsa
National Medical Center, Budapest, Hungary
Pathol Oncol Res 9:131-3. 2003..The presented case demonstrates the need for combination approaches in post-transplant relapsed leukemia and discusses the possible contributing mechanisms of STI-571 resistance...
- Cyclosporine A effectively inhibits graft-versus-host disease during development of Epstein-Barr virus-infected human B cell lymphoma in SCID mouseRunliang Gan
Cancer Research Institute, Medical School, Nanhua University, Hengyang 421001, China
Cancer Sci 94:796-801. 2003..Treatment with CSA had no effect on the tumor incidence in hu-PBL/SCID chimeras after active EBV infection. Accordingly, serum level of sIL-2R is a valuable indicator of GVHD occurrence in hu-PBL/SCID chimeras...
- Successful treatment of disseminated aspergillosis with the combination of voriconazole, caspofungin, granulocyte transfusions, and surgery followed by allogeneic blood stem cell transplantation in a patient with primary failure of an autologous stem cellRobert Dinser
Medizinische Klinik I, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg, Germany
Eur J Haematol 74:438-41. 2005..The patient is well and free of clinical disease with respect to the fungal infection and myeloma more than 18 months after the allogeneic transplantation...
- Clinical efficacy and prediction of response to granulocyte transfusion therapy for patients with neutropenia-related infectionsJe Jung Lee
Haematologica 89:632-3. 2004....
- Neuroregulatory events follow adaptive immune-mediated elimination of HIV-1-infected macrophages: studies in a murine model of viral encephalitisLarisa Poluektova
Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Center for Neurovirology and Neurodegenerative Disorders, and Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 958215 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5215, USA
J Immunol 172:7610-7. 2004..This murine model of HIV-1 encephalitis can be useful in elucidating the role played by innate and adaptive immunity in disease progression and resolution...
- Kinetics and dynamic evaluation of specific immunotherapyC Pereira
Immunoallergology Department, Coimbra University Hospital, Pneumology Center, Coimbra University, Portugal
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 36:375-86. 2004..We decided to study the in vivo kinetics of this therapy, using a nuclear medicine approach (leukocytes labelled with 99mTc-HMPAO) in patients on maintenance doses of specific immunotherapy with confirmed clinical efficacy...
- Application of recipient-derived dendritic cells to induce donor-specific T-cell hyporesponsivenessM M Tiao
Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Transplant Proc 36:1592-4. 2004..These data indicate that vaccination with immature DC, propagated from recipient BM is an attractive approach to induce T-cell hyporesponsiveness...
- Combined donor leucocyte administration and immunosuppressive drug treatment for survival of rat heart allograftsMarcel den Dulk
AW Morrow Liver Immunobiology Laboratory, Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Locked Bag 6, Newtown, Sydney NSW 2042, Australia
Transpl Immunol 13:177-84. 2004..They appear to induce early activation, altered patterns of infiltration and death of recipient alloreactive T cells. The ability of immunosuppressive drugs to combine with DL administration was examined in a rat heart transplant model...
- Granulocyte transfusion therapy for infections in candidates and recipients of HPC transplantation: a comparative analysis of feasibility and outcome for community donors versus related donorsKai Hubel
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Transfusion 42:1414-21. 2002....
- Allogeneic lymphocyte infusions to treat myeloid cancersEphraim Fuchs; Fiscal Year: 2007..Unfortunately, some of the cells, called CD8+ T cells, can destroy normal tissues as well. We wish to test whether removal of these CD8+ T cells enhances the safety of WBC transfusions for patients with blood cancers. ..
- Patient-Oriented Cancer Research Training ProgramEmil Freireich; Fiscal Year: 2004..The program will prepare oncology physician specialists for careers in academic patient-oriented research in oncology. ..
- Transfusion Medicine/Hemostasis Clinical Research NetworkRonald Strauss; Fiscal Year: 2007..Many millions more have problems with thrombocytopenia, neutropenia and anemia. This network has established a building block for future research to help treat and combat these problems. UNIVERSITY OF IOWA CRITIQUES ..
- CD4 Regulator T Cells Suppress Alloreactivity after BMTBryon Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The information obtained will contribute significantly to our understanding of the role of regulatory T cells in mediating dominant peripheral tolerance after allo-BMT and could lead to translational applications in clinical BMT. ..
- Optimizing Immunotherapy for Neuroblastoma after BMTBryon Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goal of these studies is to provide preclinical data that will lead to the testing of novel immunotherapeutic strategies to prevent neuroblastoma relapse after BMT. ..
- Optimizing Immunotherapy for Neuroblastoma after BMTBRYON DUANE JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate goal of this preclinical work is the development of effective immune therapy for patients with neuroblastoma. ..
- Optimizing Immunotherapy for Neuroblastoma after BMTBryon Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The ultimate goal of this preclinical work is the development of effective immune therapy for patients with neuroblastoma. ..
- Humanized mice for Neuro AIDSLarisa Poluektova; Fiscal Year: 2007..This model will be the best suited for NeuroAIDS research. ..
- Augmentation of GVL Reactivity Without GVHDWilliam Drobyski; Fiscal Year: 2007..Better understanding of how to reduce this complication while at the same time preserving the beneficial effects that result from the transplant will lead to new therapies and better outcomes for patients. ..
- Mechanisms of Als vaccine protection against S. aureusBrad Spellberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..The insights into fundamental immunological mechanisms of protection against S. aureus will also be of extreme importance to the development of other vaccine candidates targeting S. aureus in the future. ..
- Random Trial of CD8 T-Cell Depletion in PBSC TransplantationJoseph Antin; Fiscal Year: 2007..End of abstract.) ..
- Adoptive Immunotherapy of Cancer with IL-12 Secreting Tumor-Targeted T cellsRENIER JOSEPH BRENTJENS; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal of this project is to improve the function of these cells to make them better suited to treat patients with persistent cancer after chemotherapy. ..
- Mechanisms of Als vaccine protection against S. aureusBrad J Spellberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..The insights into fundamental immunological mechanisms of protection against S. aureus will also be of extreme importance to the development of other vaccine candidates targeting S. aureus in the future. ..
- Activated Targeted Killer (ATAK) Cells for Invasive Fungal InfectionsBrad J Spellberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..Completion of the proposed studies will enable us to create a safe and effective strategy to overcome the barriers to white blood cell transfusions, revolutionizing the treatment of infections in cancer patients. ..
- Activated Targeted Killer (ATAK) Cells for Invasive Fungal InfectionsBrad Spellberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..Completion of the proposed studies will enable us to create a safe and effective strategy to overcome the barriers to white blood cell transfusions, revolutionizing the treatment of infections in cancer patients. ..
- Mechanisms of Als vaccine protection against S. aureusBrad Spellberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..The insights into fundamental immunological mechanisms of protection against S. aureus will also be of extreme importance to the development of other vaccine candidates targeting S. aureus in the future. ..
- Graft Versus Host Disease and AutoimmunityWilliam Drobyski; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Role of NADPH Oxidase in Regulating InflammationBrahm H Segal; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our proposal will evaluate mechanisms by which NADPH oxidase regulates inflammation that will be important to our understanding of CGD, and will be broadly relevant to pathologic conditions, such as inflammatory disorders and cancer. ..
- Innate Effectors of rAls3p-N Anti-Candida VaccineBrad Spellberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..PNS 398/2590 (Rev. 11/07) Page - Continuation Format Page ..
- Experimental Endometriosis in Mice After Adoptive Transfer of Human Immune CellsKAYLON BRUNER TRAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..With this information, better treatment strategies that target immune cell factors could begin to be developed. ..
- ANTILEUKEMIC EFFECT OF IRRADIATED ALLOGENEIC LYMPHOCYTESEDMUND WALLER; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- IMMUNOLOGICAL CONSEQUENCES OF TRANSFUSIONLoren Fast; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- MODULATING GVH/GVL POST-BMT USING TK EXPRESSING T CELLSWilliam Drobyski; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal of this project is to selectively modulate T-cell function and survival in vivo in order to augment the therapeutic index of allogeneic BMT. ..
- Vaccine efficacy post related and unrelated HCTTrudy Small; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Mid-career investigator award in allogeneic adoptive immunotherapyDavid Porter; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Adrenergic Antagonism During Murine CandidiasisBrad Spellberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..For these reasons, the potential for adrenergic antagonism to act as an effective immunotherapy is highly meritorious of investigation in this training application. ..
- Graft Versus Host Disease and AutoimmunityWilliam Drobyski; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Studies of rHuTPO in ITP and of rVlla in Liver DiseaseDavid Kuter; Fiscal Year: 2006..Study endpoints would include (a) the percentage of patients increasing the platelet count over 50x109/L, (b) the number of RBC and platelet transfusions at splenectomy, (c) the rate of adverse events. ..
- Optimizing T cell Immunity to Cancer VaccinesMiguel Angel Perales; Fiscal Year: 2006..This environment maximizes the potential for the principal investigator to establish a successful independent research program. ..
- Role of lefty in implantationSiamak Tabibzadeh; Fiscal Year: 2006..These results are expected to demonstrate the feasibility of using lefty protein as a target in therapeutic interventions for infertility and related disorders and abortion. ..
- Genetic Targeting of T cells to B cell malignanciesRenier Brentjens; Fiscal Year: 2005..The data derived from these studies will be applied to the rational development of future clinical trials in human subjects with B cell malignancies. ..
- Regulation of Engraftment & Immunity by GD T CellsWilliam Drobyski; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Separating Antitumor & GvHD in Allogeneic T-CellsEDMUND WALLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our studies will improve the understanding of the role of donor cells in inducing GvHD and GvT effects after allogeneic HPCT and facilitate development of novel approaches in immunotherapy cancer patients. ..
- Augmentation of GVL Reactivity Without GVHDWilliam Drobyski; Fiscal Year: 2009..Better understanding of how to reduce this complication while at the same time preserving the beneficial effects that result from the transplant will lead to new therapies and better outcomes for patients. ..