Genomes and Genes
Summary: Transference of cells within an individual, between individuals of the same species, or between individuals of different species.
Publications304 found, 100 shown here
- Repair of infarcted myocardium by autologous intracoronary mononuclear bone marrow cell transplantation in humansBodo E Strauer
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Germany
Circulation 106:1913-8. 2002..For this reason, we analyzed 10 patients who were treated by intracoronary transplantation of autologous, mononuclear bone marrow cells (BMCs) in addition to standard therapy after MI...
- Human amnion epithelial cell transplantation abrogates lung fibrosis and augments repairYuben Moodley
F R A C P School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, 50 Murray Street, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:643-51. 2010..Cellular therapies that could restore pneumocytes and reduce inflammation and fibrosis would be a major advance in management...
- Pluripotency of mesenchymal stem cells derived from adult marrowYuehua Jiang
Stem Cell Institute, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Nature 418:41-9. 2002..As MAPCs proliferate extensively without obvious senescence or loss of differentiation potential, they may be an ideal cell source for therapy of inherited or degenerative diseases...
- Role of host tissues for sustained humoral effects after endothelial progenitor cell transplantation into the ischemic heartHyun Jai Cho
Division of Cardiovascular Research, Caritas St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02135, USA
J Exp Med 204:3257-69. 2007..effects have emerged as important mechanisms mediating therapeutic effects of stem or progenitor cell transplantation. Here, we investigated the expression patterns and sources of humoral factors and their regional and ..
- Dynamics of myoblast transplantation reveal a discrete minority of precursors with stem cell-like properties as the myogenic sourceJ R Beauchamp
Muscle Cell Biology Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
J Cell Biol 144:1113-22. 1999..This minority is behaviorally distinct, slowly dividing in tissue culture, but rapidly proliferative after grafting, suggesting a subpopulation with stem cell-like characteristics...
- Redefining endothelial progenitor cells via clonal analysis and hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell principalsMervin C Yoder
Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Blood 109:1801-9. 2007..Thus, these studies establish that CFU-ECs are not EPCs and the role of these cells in angiogenesis must be re-examined prior to further clinical trials, whereas ECFCs may serve as a potential therapy for vascular regeneration...
- Schwann cell transplantation for CNS repairA A Lavdas
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, Hellenic Pasteur Institute, 127 Vas Sofias Avenue, 11521 Athens, Greece
Curr Med Chem 15:151-60. 2008..In this review we summarize data from the recent literature regarding the use of SCs in CNS repair and discuss the prospects for future therapeutic applications...
- Reconstitution of a functional human immune system in immunodeficient mice through combined human fetal thymus/liver and CD34+ cell transplantationPing Lan
Transplantation Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02129, USA
Blood 108:487-92. 2006..Thus, the humanized NOD/SCID mice described in this paper provide a powerful model system to study human immune function...
- Muscle engraftment of myogenic progenitor cells following intraarterial transplantationEstanislao Bachrach
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Program in Genomics, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Muscle Nerve 34:44-52. 2006....
- Generating mESC-derived insulin-producing cell lines through an intermediate lineage-restricted progenitor lineGuodong Li
Cardiovascular Research Institute, National University Medical Institutes, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Stem Cell Res 2:41-55. 2009..After transplantation, these cells reversed hyperglycemia in streptozotocin-treated SCID mice and did not form teratomas...
- A synthetic mechano growth factor E Peptide enhances myogenic precursor cell transplantation successP Mills
Unité de Recherche en Génétique Humaine, Centre hospitalier de l Universite Laval, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Am J Transplant 7:2247-59. 2007..Those combined effects are probably responsible for the enhanced transplantation success. Thus, the MGF-Ct24E peptide is an interesting agent to increase MPC transplantation success in DMD patients...
- Hepatitis C virus replication in mice with chimeric human liversD F Mercer
Surgical-Medical Research Institute, Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Nat Med 7:927-33. 2001..These chimeric mice represent the first murine model suitable for studying the human hepatitis C virus in vivo...
- Dopamine cell implantation in Parkinson's disease: long-term clinical and (18)F-FDOPA PET outcomesYilong Ma
Center for Neurosciences, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
J Nucl Med 51:7-15. 2010..Nonetheless, clinical improvement was significant only in younger (age < or = 60 y) transplant recipients, as indicated by a reduction in Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale (UPDRS) motor scores...
- Immune regulatory neural stem/precursor cells protect from central nervous system autoimmunity by restraining dendritic cell functionStefano Pluchino
Neuroimmunology Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute and Università Vita Salute, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 4:e5959. 2009..This study was designed to identify the first candidate that exemplifies and sustains the immune modulatory capacity of transplanted NPCs...
- Transplantation of adult mouse iPS cell-derived photoreceptor precursors restores retinal structure and function in degenerative miceBudd A Tucker
Department of Ophthalmology, Institute for Vision Research, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18992. 2011..As such, adult fibroblast-derived iPSCs provide a viable source for the production of retinal precursors to be used for transplantation and treatment of retinal degenerative disease...
- Embryonic stem cells develop into functional dopaminergic neurons after transplantation in a Parkinson rat modelLars M Bjorklund
Udall Parkinson s Disease Research Center of Excellence, Neuroregeneration Laboratories, and Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, McLean Hospital Harvard Medical School, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:2344-9. 2002..These results demonstrate that transplanted ES cells can develop spontaneously into DA neurons. Such DA neurons can restore cerebral function and behavior in an animal model of Parkinson's disease...
- Bioengineered cardiac grafts: A new approach to repair the infarcted myocardium?J Leor
Cardiac Research Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Circulation 102:III56-61. 2000..The heart is therefore an attractive target for tissue engineering to replace infarcted myocardium and enhance cardiac function. We tested the feasibility of bioengineering cardiac tissue within novel 3-dimensional (3D) scaffolds...
- Transplantation of human amnion epithelial cells reduces hepatic fibrosis in immunocompetent CCl₄-treated miceUrsula Manuelpillai
Centre for Reproduction and Development, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Cell Transplant 19:1157-68. 2010..hAEC transplantation into immunocompetent mice leads to cell engraftment, reduced hepatocyte apoptosis, and decreased hepatic inflammation and fibrosis...
- Brain tumor tropism of transplanted human neural stem cells is induced by vascular endothelial growth factorNils Ole Schmidt
Neurosurgical Oncology Laboratory, Department of Neurosurgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neoplasia 7:623-9. 2005..Our results indicate that tumor-upregulated VEGF and angiogenic-activated microvasculature are relevant guidance signals for NSC tropism toward brain tumors...
- 'Green mice' as a source of ubiquitous green cellsM Okabe
Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
FEBS Lett 407:313-9. 1997..The fluorescent nature of the cells from these transgenic mouse lines would facilitate their use in many kinds of cell transplantation experiments.
- Radiolabeled cell distribution after intramyocardial, intracoronary, and interstitial retrograde coronary venous delivery: implications for current clinical trialsDongming Hou
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Circulation 112:I150-6. 2005..We evaluated the short-term fate of peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMNCs) after intramyocardial (IM), intracoronary (IC), and interstitial retrograde coronary venous (IRV) delivery in an ischemic swine model...
- Role of plasmacytoid dendritic cells in immunity and tolerance after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationMario Arpinati
Centro di Ricerca sull Immunologia dei Trapianti, Istituto di Ematologia e Oncologia Medica Seragnoli, Universita di Bologna, Via Massarenti 9, Bologna 40138, Italy
Transpl Immunol 11:345-56. 2003..host disease after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)...
- Cartilage repair: generations of autologous chondrocyte transplantationStefan Marlovits
Department of Traumatology, Center for Joint and Cartilage, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Eur J Radiol 57:24-31. 2006..These biomaterials secure the cells in the defect area and enhance their proliferation and differentiation...
- Neural crest origin of olfactory ensheathing gliaPerrine Barraud
Department of Physiology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3DY, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:21040-5. 2010..our results also raise the possibility that patient-derived neural crest stem cells could in the future provide an abundant and accessible source of autologous OECs for cell transplantation therapy for the injured central nervous system.
- Dopamine cell transplantation for Parkinson's disease: the importance of controlled clinical trialsCurt R Freed
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Neurotherapeutics 8:549-61. 2011..Our trial has provided the first controlled evidence that dopamine cell transplants can improve the clinical state of patients with Parkinson's disease...
- Liver cell transplantation for Crigler-Najjar syndrome type I: update and perspectivesPhilippe A Lysy
Pediatric Hepatology and Cell Therapy, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Saint Luc, 10 av Hippocrate, Brussels B 1200, Belgium
World J Gastroenterol 14:3464-70. 2008Liver cell transplantation is an attractive technique to treat liver-based inborn errors of metabolism...
- Manufacturing neurons from human embryonic stem cells: biological and regulatory aspects to develop a safe cellular product for stroke cell therapyMarcel M Daadi
Department of Neurosurgery and Stanford Stroke Center, MSLS P309, 1201 Welch Road, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5487, USA
Regen Med 4:251-63. 2009..compelling source of cells to study tissue histogenesis and to apply in a wide array of tissue engineering, cell transplantation therapy and drug discovery applications...
- Nasal OEC transplantation promotes respiratory recovery in a subchronic rat model of cervical spinal cord contusionJ C Stamegna
Centre de Recherche en Neurobiologie et Neurophysiologie de Marseille, CRN2M, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR6231, Marseille, France
Exp Neurol 229:120-31. 2011..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Understanding olfactory ensheathing glia and their prospect for nervous system repair...
- A tissue-engineered approach towards retinal repair: scaffolds for cell transplantation to the subretinal spaceSara Royce Hynes
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 248:763-78. 2010..However, these transplants have yet to result in a clinical treatment for retinal degeneration...
- A prospective, randomised comparison of autologous chondrocyte implantation versus mosaicplasty for osteochondral defects in the kneeG Bentley
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, England, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 85:223-30. 2003..The results for ACI are comparable with those in other studies, but those for mosaicplasty suggest that its continued use is of dubious value...
- Therapeutic potential of ex vivo expanded endothelial progenitor cells for myocardial ischemiaA Kawamoto
Division of Cardiovascular Research, St Elizabeth's Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02135, USA
Circulation 103:634-7. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Ex vivo expanded EPCs incorporate into foci of myocardial neovascularization and have a favorable impact on the preservation of left ventricular function...
- Remyelination after olfactory ensheathing cell transplantation into diverse demyelinating environmentsMasanori Sasaki
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Exp Neurol 229:88-98. 2011..b>Cell transplantation is typically performed within a few days after lesion induction, i.e...
- Bioengineered human corneal endothelium for transplantationJui Yang Lai
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Arch Ophthalmol 124:1441-8. 2006..To investigate whether the bioengineered human corneal endothelial cell (HCEC) monolayers harvested from thermoresponsive culture supports could be used as biological tissue equivalents...
- Human amniotic epithelial cells possess hepatocyte-like characteristics and functionsSeiji Takashima
Department of Organ Regeneration, Institutes of Organ Transplants, Reconstructive Medicine and Tissue Engineering, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, Asahi, Matsumoto, Japan
Cell Struct Funct 29:73-84. 2004..These observations suggest that transplantation of human amniotic epithelial cells and/or amnion could be novel therapeutic strategy for treatment of hepatic diseases, including alpha(1)-antitrypsin deficiency...
- Tolerogenic functions of human leukocyte antigen G: from pregnancy to organ and cell transplantationNathalie Rouas-Freiss
Service de Recherches en Hemato Immunologie, CEA DSV DRM, Hopital Saint Louis, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Transplantation 84:S21-5. 2007..In this paper, we focus our attention on the relevance of HLA-G in transplantation in the light of recent data associating regulatory T cells and HLA-G, and which provide evidence of the role of HLA-G in improving graft acceptance...
- Clinical pattern and risk factors for dyskinesias following fetal nigral transplantation in Parkinson's disease: a double blind video-based analysisC Warren Olanow
Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
Mov Disord 24:336-43. 2009..Off-medication dyskinesias are common following transplantation and may represent a prolonged form of diphasic dyskinesias...
- Autologous serum improves yield and metabolic capacity of monocyte-derived hepatocyte-like cells: possible implication for cell transplantationS Ehnert
Department of Traumatology, MRI, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Cell Transplant 20:1465-77. 2011..The autologous approach presented here might also be useful in other stem cell preparation processes where cell activation during generation shall be kept to a minimum...
- Melanocyte-keratinocyte cell transplantation for stable vitiligoSanjeev V Mulekar
Noble Clinic, Pune, India
Int J Dermatol 42:132-6. 2003..Vitiligo is a common disorder with a worldwide prevalence of 1-2%. In India the psychological and social impact of the disease is significant and is detrimental to patients...
- Beating and arrested intramyocardial injections are associated with significant mechanical loss: implications for cardiac cell transplantationWes Hudson
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina 27834, USA
J Surg Res 142:263-7. 2007..Mechanical and biological mechanisms may account for observed donor cell loss. This study examines acute mechanical loss during intramyocardial injections in beating and arrested hearts...
- Creation of a prevascularized site for cell transplantation in ratsPhilipp Stiegler
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation Surgery, Medical University Graz, Graz, Austria
Xenotransplantation 17:379-90. 2010..The aim of this study was to create a prevascularized site for cell transplantation in rats and test its effectiveness with microencapsulated HEK293 cells.
- Comparison of optical bioluminescence reporter gene and superparamagnetic iron oxide MR contrast agent as cell markers for noninvasive imaging of cardiac cell transplantationIan Y Chen
Molecular Imaging Program at Stanford, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Mol Imaging Biol 11:178-87. 2009....
- Osteogenic potential of cultured human periosteum-derived cells - a pilot study of human cell transplantation into a rat calvarial defect modelYoshiro Sakata
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Reconstructive Surgery Head Prof Dr Toshio Sugahara, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 34:461-5. 2006..The osteogenic potential of cultured periosteal cells has also been reported. The findings of bone formation induced by cultured human periosteum-derived cells using a rat model are presented...
- Olfactory ensheathing cell transplantation restores functional deficits in rat model of Parkinson's disease: a cotransplantation approach with fetal ventral mesencephalic cellsA K Agrawal
Developmental Toxicology Division, Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, M G Marg, Lucknow 226 001, India
Neurobiol Dis 16:516-26. 2004..The results suggest that cotransplantation of OECs and VMC may be a better approach for functional restoration in 6-OHDA-induced rat model of Parkinson's disease...
- Neural progenitors from human embryonic stem cellsB E Reubinoff
The Goldyne Savad Institute of Gene Therapy, The Agnes Ginges Center for Human Neurogenetics, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Nat Biotechnol 19:1134-40. 2001..Our observations set the stage for future developments that may allow the use of human ES cells for the treatment of neurological disorders...
- Stem cells, cell transplantation and liver repopulationMichael Oertel
Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Division of Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1782:61-74. 2008..availability, attention has been focused on the possibility to restore liver mass and function through cell transplantation. Stem cells are a promising source for liver repopulation after cell transplantation, but whether or not ..
- Multilineage potential of stable human mesenchymal stem cell line derived from fetal marrowAtsushi Nagai
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
PLoS ONE 2:e1272. 2007....
- Concise review: making a retina--from the building blocks to clinical applicationsValerie A Wallace
Vision Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Stem Cells 29:412-7. 2011..This review summarizes the major cellular and molecular events that occur during retinal development and highlights how this knowledge may be harnessed for new therapeutic strategies to treat retinal disease...
- Purified hematopoietic stem cells can differentiate into hepatocytes in vivoE Lagasse
StemCells, 525 Del Rey Avenue, Suite C, Sunnyvale, California 94085, USA
Nat Med 6:1229-34. 2000....
- Development of a novel method for cell transplantation through the coronary arteryK Suzuki
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College School of Medicine at the Heart Science Centre, Harefield Hospital, Middlesex, UK
Circulation 102:III359-64. 2000b>Cell transplantation is a promising strategy to treat end-stage heart failure. At present, a popular method to deliver cells into the heart is direct intramuscular injection...
- Neuroprotective effects of intravitreal mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in experimental glaucomaThomas V Johnson
Centre for Brain Repair, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:2051-9. 2010..Stem cell transplantation appears to ameliorate some neurodegenerative conditions in the brain and spinal cord, in part by ..
- New insights and new therapies in vitiligoPearl E Grimes
Vitiligo and Pigmentation Institute of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
JAMA 293:730-5. 2005
- Massive mechanical loss of microspheres with direct intramyocardial injection in the beating heart: implications for cellular cardiomyoplastyCarolyn J Teng
Division of Cardiac Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 132:628-32. 2006..Studies have demonstrated a significant and rapid loss of implanted cells, which is thought to be biologically caused. We hypothesized that mechanical loss of cells from the contracting myocardium might actually be the main culprit...
- Transplanted adult bone marrow cells repair myocardial infarcts in miceD Orlic
Hematopoiesis Section, Genetics and Molecular Biology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, NIH, Building 49, Room 3W16, 49 Convent Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 938:221-9; discussion 229-30. 2001..These in vivo findings demonstrate the capacity of highly enriched Lin- c-kit+ adult bone marrow cells to acutely regenerate functional myocardium within an infarcted region...
- Adrenocortical cell transplantation reverses a murine model of adrenal failureTatiana Zupekan
Division of Pediatric Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7098, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:1208-13. 2011..Although adrenal insufficiency can be managed with steroid replacement, transplantation of adrenocortical cells may represent a more definitive therapy...
- Motor recovery following olfactory ensheathing cell transplantation in rats with spinal cord injuryGeorge Tharion
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Neurol India 59:566-72. 2011..However, there are conflicting reports about the success rates with OEC...
- Autologous porcine heart cell transplantation improved heart function after a myocardial infarctionR K Li
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 119:62-8. 2000..However, cellular allografts were rejected despite cyclosporine (INN: ciclosporin) therapy. We therefore evaluated autologous heart cell transplantation in an adult swine model of a myocardial infarction.
- Highly efficient and large-scale generation of functional dopamine neurons from human embryonic stem cellsMyung Soo Cho
Research and Development Center, Jeil Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Yongin 449 861, Korea
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3392-7. 2008..In summary, our study paves the way for the large-scale generation of purer and functional DA neurons for future clinical applications...
- [Hepatic cell transplantation. Technical and methodological aspects]Eugenia Pareja
Unidad de Cirugía y Trasplante Hepático, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Espana
Cir Esp 87:139-47. 2010Hepatic cell transplantation consists of grafting already differentiated cells such as hepatocytes. Human hepatocytes are viable and functionally active...
- Olfactory ensheathing cells from the nose: clinical application in human spinal cord injuriesAlan Mackay-Sim
National Centre for Adult Stem Cell Research, Eskitis Institute for Cell and Molecular Therapies, Griffith Unversity, Brisbane, QLD 4111, Australia
Exp Neurol 229:174-80. 2011..A Phase I clinical trial demonstrated that autologous olfactory ensheathing cell transplantation is safe, with no adverse outcomes recorded for three years following transplantation...
- Characterization of iris pigment epithelial cell for auto cell transplantationT Abe
Department of Ophthalmology, Tohoku University, School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Cell Transplant 8:501-10. 1999..However, focal rejection may play an important role in the clinical results. The establishment of auto IPE cell transplantation may improve the problem of rejection...
- Using basement membrane of human amniotic membrane as a cell carrier for cultivated cat corneal endothelial cell transplantationWu Wencan
School of Ophthalmology and Optometry, Eye Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou City, China
Curr Eye Res 32:199-215. 2007..To study the feasibility of using basement membrane of human amniotic membrane (BMHAM) as a carrier for transplantation of cultivated cat corneal endothelial cells (cCCECs)...
- Basement membranes and artificial substrates in cell transplantationCarl Sheridan
Unit of Ophthalmology, Department of Medicine, University Clinical Departments, University of Liverpool, UK
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 242:68-75. 2004
- Safety of intramedullary Schwann cell transplantation for postrehabilitation spinal cord injuries: 2-year follow-up of 33 casesHooshang Saberi
Department of Neurosurgery, Imam Khomeini Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Neurosurg Spine 15:515-25. 2011..This study was conducted to evaluate safety issues 2 years after intramedullary Schwann cell transplantation in 33 consecutively selected patients with SCI.
- Endothelial progenitor cell transplantation decreases lymphangiogenesis and adverse myocardial remodeling in a mouse model of acute myocardial infarctionJae Hyeong Park
Division of Cardiology, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 301 721, Korea
Exp Mol Med 43:479-85. 2011..These novel findings suggest that new lymphatic vessels may be formed in severely damaged myocardium, and may be involved in adverse myocardial remodeling after AMI...
- Retinal pigment epithelial cell transplantation after subfoveal membranectomy in age-related macular degeneration: clinicopathologic correlationL V Del Priore
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 131:472-80. 2001PURPOSE: To report the histopathology after retinal pigment epithelial cell transplantation and subfoveal membranectomy in age-related macular degeneration...
- Microencapsulated hepatocytes and islets as in vivo bioartificial liver support systemYue Gao
Department of General Surgery, First Clinical Hospital of Harbin Medical University, 23 Youzheng Street, Nangang District, Harbin 150001, Heilongjiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2067-71. 2004..To confirm the xenotransplantation of microencapsulated hepatocytes and islets as a temporary bioartificial liver support system for mice with acute liver failure (ALF)...
- Prevention of muscle aging by myofiber-associated satellite cell transplantationJohn K Hall
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Sci Transl Med 2:57ra83. 2010..These near-lifelong, physiological changes suggest an approach for the amelioration of muscle atrophy and diminished function that arise with aging through myofiber-associated satellite cell transplantation.
- Cell transplantation for Huntington's disease Should we continue?Stephen B Dunnett
Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Brain Res Bull 72:132-47. 2007b>Cell transplantation for Huntington's disease has developed over the last decade to clinical application in pilot trials in the USA, France and the UK...
- Basic neural transplantation techniques. I. Dissociated cell suspension grafts of embryonic ventral mesencephalon in the adult rat brainS B Dunnett
MRC Cambridge Centre for Brain Repair, University of Cambridge, UK
Brain Res Brain Res Protoc 1:91-9. 1997..This is the first of a series of methodological reports on the basic methodology and refinements of neural transplantation techniques in the mammalian central nervous system...
- Autologous primary muscle-derived cells transfer into the lower urinary tractT Yokoyama
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Tissue Eng 7:395-404. 2001..Autologous MDC and MDC mediated gene transfer may be a promising treatment to augment bladder and urethral sphincter function...
- Cell transplantation preserves matrix homeostasis: a novel paracrine mechanismPaul W M Fedak
Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto General Research Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:1430-9. 2005b>Cell transplantation prevents chamber dilatation, but the underlying molecular mechanisms remain undefined...
- Treatment of osteoporosis with TheraCyte-encapsulated parathyroid cells: a study in a rat modelF F Chou
Department of General Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital at Kaohsiung, Chang Gung University 123, Ta Pei Road, Niao Sung Hsiang, Kaohsiung Hsien, Taiwan, Republic of China
Osteoporos Int 17:936-41. 2006....
- Protein C and procollagen III peptide levels in patients with hepatic dysfunction after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationM Pihusch
Abteilung fuer Haematologie und Internistische Onkologie, Klinikum der Universitaet Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:631-7. 2005Veno-occlusive disease (VOD) is one of the most serious complications following hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) and is associated with a high mortality...
- Liver and liver cell transplantation for glycogen storage disease type IAM Muraca
Laboratory Medicine, Department of Laboratories, Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu, Roma, Italy
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 68:469-72. 2005..Finally, hepatic adenomas need careful monitoring because of the possible risk of malignant transformation...
- Percutaneous transvenous cellular cardiomyoplasty. A novel nonsurgical approach for myocardial cell transplantationCraig A Thompson
Cardiovascular Division, Knight Center for Cardiac Catheterization and Intervention, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Blake 950, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1964-71. 2003..The study evaluated a nonsurgical means of intramyocardial cell introduction using the coronary venous system for direct myocardial access and cell delivery...
- Neural differentiation and incorporation of bone marrow-derived multipotent adult progenitor cells after single cell transplantation into blastocyst stage mouse embryosC Dirk Keene
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Cell Transplant 12:201-13. 2003....
- Porcine endogenous retrovirus (PERV) was not transmitted from transplanted porcine endothelial cells to baboons in vivoU Martin
Leibniz Research Laboratories for Biotechnology and Artificial Organs, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Transpl Int 11:247-51. 1998..in vivo transfer of PERV after xenotransplantation was investigated in an experimental pig-to-baboon cell transplantation model...
- Cell transplantation, myelin repair, and multiple sclerosisChristopher Halfpenny
Institute of Clinical Neurosciences, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, UK
Lancet Neurol 1:31-40. 2002..We attempt to highlight those areas where difficulties have yet to be resolved, and draw on various experimental findings to speculate on how remyelinating therapies are likely to develop in the foreseeable future...
- Mesothelial cell transplantation in models of acute inflammation and chronic peritoneal dialysisLiesbeth H P Hekking
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Perit Dial Int 23:323-30. 2003..In the present study, we evaluated the possibility of using autologous genetically modified MCs for transplantation after the induction of peritoneal injury by acute inflammatory mediators or chronic instillation of PD fluid...
- Resetting the problem of cell death following muscle-derived cell transplantation: detection, dynamics and mechanismsDaniel Skuk
Unité de Recherche en Génétique Humaine, Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite Laval, CHUL du CHUQ, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 62:951-67. 2003..As a result of our findings, many concepts concerning the early donor cell death following myoblast transplantation must be reconsidered...
- Transplanted primary neonatal myoblasts can give rise to functional satellite cells as identified using the Myf5nlacZl+ mouseL Heslop
Muscle Cell Biology Group, Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Gene Ther 8:778-83. 2001..These observations demonstrate that cell transplantation not only results in the incorporation of donor nuclei into the host muscle syncytia, but also that the ..
- A novel cell transplantation protocol and its application to an ALS mouse modelEri Morita
Department of Neurology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
Exp Neurol 213:431-8. 2008..The extensive distribution of motor neurons is an obstacle to applying cell transplantation therapy for the treatment of ALS...
- Autologous olfactory ensheathing cell transplantation in human paraplegia: a 3-year clinical trialA Mackay-Sim
National Centre for Adult Stem Cell Research, Eskitis Institute for Cell and Molecular Therapies, Griffith University, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Brain 131:2376-86. 2008Olfactory ensheathing cells show promise in preclinical animal models as a cell transplantation therapy for repair of the injured spinal cord...
- Delivery of proteins and peptides into live cells by means of protein transduction domains: potential application to organ and cell transplantationRicardo L Pastori
Diabetes Research Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Transplantation 77:1627-31. 2004
- Optimizing functional imaging protocols for assessing the outcome of fetal cell transplantation in Parkinson's diseaseMarios Politis
Centre for Neuroscience, Department of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, London W12 0NN, UK
BMC Med 9:50. 2011Clinical trials aiming to assess the safety and efficacy of fetal cell transplantation in Parkinson's disease rely on the hypothesis that the grafted tissue will survive and grow, restore striatal dopaminergic neurotransmission, improve ..
- One liver for four children: first clinical series of liver cell transplantation for severe neonatal urea cycle defectsJochen Meyburg
Department of General Pediatrics, University Children s Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
Transplantation 87:636-41. 2009..They are promising target diseases for liver cell transplantation (LCT), which may be a less invasive alternative or supplementation to orthotopic liver transplantation.
- Principles of hepatocyte repopulationEzio Laconi
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Biotecnologie, Universita di Cagliari, c o Oncology Hospital A Businco, Via Jenner, 09125, Cagliari, Italy
Semin Cell Dev Biol 13:433-8. 2002..To this end, a relative growth advantage must be present or is to be imposed on transplanted hepatocytes versus resident cells. Possible strategies are presented and discussed...
- Liver repopulation after hepatocellular transplantation: integration and interaction of transplanted hepatocytes in the hostSarah Koenig
Department of General Surgery, Georg August University Goettingen, 37099 Germany
Cell Transplant 14:31-40. 2005..FACS analysis reveals an accurate method to determine quantitatively the extent of liver repopulation...
- Porcine xenografts in Parkinson's disease and Huntington's disease patients: preliminary resultsJ S Fink
Genzyme Corporation, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Cell Transplant 9:273-8. 2000....
- Differentiation "in vitro" of primary and immortalized porcine mesenchymal stem cells into cardiomyocytes for cell transplantationI Moscoso
Unidad de Investigacion, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario, Juan Canalejo, A Coruna, Murcia, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:481-2. 2005b>Cell transplantation to regenerate injured tissues is a promising new treatment for patients suffering several diseases...
- Feasibility of localized immunosuppression: 1. Exploratory studies with glucocorticoids in a biohybrid device designed for cell transplantationP Buchwald
Diabetes Research Institute, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Pharmazie 65:421-8. 2010....
- Diabetic heart dysfunction: is cell transplantation a potential therapy?Joel Price
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto General Research Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Heart Fail Rev 8:213-9. 2003..The increasing prevalence of obesity and sedentary lifestyle in Western society are leading to an increase in the prevalence in diabetes. As such diabetes is an increasing cause of cardiovascular disease...
- Autologous skeletal myoblasts transplanted to ischemia-damaged myocardium in humans. Histological analysis of cell survival and differentiationFrancis D Pagani
Section of Cardiac Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:879-88. 2003..We report histological analysis of hearts from patients with end-stage heart disease who were transplanted with autologous skeletal myoblasts concurrent with left ventricular assist device (LVAD) implantation...
- Injectable biopolymers enhance angiogenesis after myocardial infarctionNgan F Huang
UCSF UCB Joint Bioengineering Graduate Group, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA
Tissue Eng 11:1860-6. 2005..The results of this study highlight the potential clinical benefit of these biopolymers as injectable scaffolds or cell delivery vehicles to the infarct zone after infarction...
- Brain transplantation of human neural stem cells transduced with tyrosine hydroxylase and GTP cyclohydrolase 1 provides functional improvement in animal models of Parkinson diseaseSeung U Kim
Brain Disease Research Center, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
Neuropathology 26:129-40. 2006..These results indicate that human NSC, genetically transduced with TH and GTPCH1 genes, have great potential in clinical utility for cell replacement therapy in patients suffering from Parkinson disease...
- Insulin-producing cells derived from human pancreatic non-endocrine cell cultures reverse streptozotocin-induced hyperglycaemia in miceM Zhao
Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, King s College GKT Medical School, Bessemer Road, London SE5 9PJ, UK
Diabetologia 48:2051-61. 2005....
- Schwann cell transplantation for repair of the adult spinal cordMartin Oudega
The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis and the Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
J Neurotrauma 23:453-67. 2006..Clearly, Schwann cells have great potential for repair of the injured spinal cord, but they need to be combined with other interventions to maximize axonal regeneration and functional recovery...
- Paracrine effects of cell transplantation: strategies to augment the efficacy of cell therapiesAndrew S Cheng
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 20:94-101. 2008Within the last few years, it has become evident that the beneficial effect of cell transplantation on ventricular function and myocardial perfusion is in large part mediated through paracrine effects on the host myocardium...
- The role of stem cells in skeletal and cardiac muscle repairMiranda D Grounds
Department of Anatomy and Human Biology, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, Western Australia
J Histochem Cytochem 50:589-610. 2002..For heart muscle, experiments showing the participation of bone marrow-derived stem cells and endothelial cells in the repair of damaged cardiac muscle are encouraging...
- Continuous release of endostatin from microencapsulated engineered cells for tumor therapyT Joki
Brain Tumor Laboratory, Department of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, Brigham Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nat Biotechnol 19:35-9. 2001..Encapsulated endostatin-secreting cells are effective for the treatment of human glioblastoma xenografts. Continuous local delivery of endostatin may offer an effective therapeutic approach to the treatment of a variety of tumor types...
- Treatment of chronic thoracic spinal cord injury patients with autologous Schwann cell transplantation: an interim report on safety considerations and possible outcomesHooshang Saberi
Department of Neurosurgery and Iranian Tissue Bank, Tehran University of Medical Sciences Tehran University, Tehran, Iran
Neurosci Lett 443:46-50. 2008Several experimental studies have introduced Schwann cell transplantation as a means of recovery in animal models of spinal cord injury (SCI)...
- Human embryonic stem cell-derived neural crest stem cells and Hirschsprung diseaSEAN MORRISON; Fiscal Year: 2009..lt;keyword>Animals</keyword><keyword>Brain/*cytology/embryology</keyword><keyword>Cell Transplantation/methods/*trends</keyword><keyword>Central Nervous System Diseases/*therapy</keyword><..
- Myxoma Virus (MV) Oncolysis for treating human cancerGrant McFadden; Fiscal Year: 2010..bone marrow or mobilized-PBMC samples from patients who would normally be excluded from autologous stem cell transplantation following high dose chemotherapy...
- Bone Marrow Transplantation for Hematologic Malignancies using Novel RadioimmunotJohn M Pagel; Fiscal Year: 2010..kill the majority of afflicted patients despite treatment with combination chemotherapy and hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT)...
- Post-transplant vaccines to enhance graft-versus-leukemia responsesCATHERINE JU YING WU; Fiscal Year: 2010A curative graft-versus-leukemia (GvL) response following allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) results from the: (1) restoration of normal immunity, thus overcoming leukemia- or treatment-induced immune deficiencies;..
- Genes, Environment & Neural Stem Cell Transplantation in the GutPANKAJ PASRICHA; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is the purpose of this proposal to study this approach experimentally and determine the biological factors that can optimize the use of neural stem cells for the treatment and perhaps cure of these diseases. ..
- Genes, Environment & Neural Stem Cell Transplantation in the GutPankaj J Pasricha; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is the purpose of this proposal to study this approach experimentally and determine the biological factors that can optimize the use of neural stem cells for the treatment and perhaps cure of these diseases. ..
- Training Patients and Partners for HSCT: A Novel Coping Skills InterventionCatalina Lawsin; Fiscal Year: 2007Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) is a potentially curative treatment of hematological malignancies and related disorders with more than 40,000 transplants conducted each year...
- Advanced Magnetization Transfer Imaging in Multiple Sclerosis DiseaseAlexey Samsonov; Fiscal Year: 2009..to measure the effectiveness of emerging approaches to neuroprotection and myelin repair, such as stem cell transplantation. Ultimately, developing these biomarkers will allow identification of patients who are most likely to ..
- Advanced Magnetization Transfer Imaging in Multiple Sclerosis DiseaseAlexey Samsonov; Fiscal Year: 2010..to measure the effectiveness of emerging approaches to neuroprotection and myelin repair, such as stem cell transplantation. Ultimately, developing these biomarkers will allow identification of patients who are most likely to ..
- The immunobiology of CD4+ CD25+ T regulatory cellsThomas R Malek; Fiscal Year: 2011..unwanted immune responses that occur during autoimmune disease or as a consequence of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) or tissue transplant rejection reactions...
- Elucidating the role of T-regs in engraftment, GVHD, and DLI immunotherapyChristene A Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010Hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) can cure genetic blood disorders through the replacement of defective blood cells by healthy cells. However, life-threatening complications limit the use of HCT therapy in the clinic...
- Elucidating the role of T-regs in engraftment, GVHD, and DLI immunotherapyChristene A Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010Hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) can cure genetic blood disorders through the replacement of defective blood cells by healthy cells. However, life-threatening complications limit the use of HCT therapy in the clinic...
- Elucidating the role of T-regs in engraftment, GVHD, and DLI immunotherapyCHRISTENE HUANG; Fiscal Year: 2009Hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) can cure genetic blood disorders through the replacement of defective blood cells by healthy cells. However, life-threatening complications limit the use of HCT therapy in the clinic...
- Regeneration of the Lower Urinary Tract in Nonhuman PrimatesJames Williams; Fiscal Year: 2009The concept of regenerating damaged tissue using selective cell transplantation has been applied clinically for a variety of muscle disorders, including stress urinary incontinence (SUI), which is a manifestation of several kinds of ..
- Population Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics in Nonablative Stem Cell RecipientsJeannine McCune; Fiscal Year: 2009PROJECT SUMMARY Nonablative hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HCT) with an unrelated donor graft has greatly expanded the number of patients suffering from hematologic diseases and malignancies who can be cured by HCT...
- Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation and Iron OverloadH Joachim Deeg; Fiscal Year: 2010Iron overload is common in patients undergoing hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) and recent reports show increased non-relapse mortality in patients with iron overload as determined by increased levels of ferritin...
- Bispecific Antibody Engineering for AML RITOLIVER W contact PRESS; Fiscal Year: 2010..the majority of afflicted patients despite treatment with combination chemotherapy and allogeneic stem cell transplantation (SCT)...
- Stem Cell Transplantation for Hemoglobinopathies in DogsJOHN HEARST; Fiscal Year: 2003..the completion of this validation through the support of US Public Health Service Grant R01 HL63456 "Stem Cell Transplantation to Establish AIIochimerism," this project is now entering a development phase that should ultimately lead ..
- COMPREHENSIVE SICKLE CELL CENTERWinfred Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..Namely, supportive care, chronic transfusion, drug therapy or stem cell transplantation, to our patients and in so doing to implement effective clinical research protocols to evaluate these ..
- Cord Blood Stem Cell Transplantation, HemoglobinopathiesJOHN HEARST; Fiscal Year: 2003..the completion of this validation through the support of US Public Health Service Grant R01 HL63456, "Stem Cell Transplantation to Establish Allochimerism," this project is now entering a development phase that should ultimately lead ..
- HGF Induces Robust Human Thymopoiesis in MiceJan Nolta; Fiscal Year: 2004Over the past decade, the use of immune deficient mice as recipients for human hematopoietic stem cell transplantation has dramatically improved stem cell research...
- Restoring Hematopoiesis Following Radiation InjuryAmelia Bartholomew; Fiscal Year: 2005..can be treated with both colony-stimulating factors, aggressive use of anti-microbials, and stem cell transplantation. The strategy involving allogeneic stem cell transplantation, due to the morbidity and mortality associated ..
- Immune Recovery Following LLME Treated Cell TherapyJoanne Filicko; Fiscal Year: 2006Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) is the preferred therapy for a variety of disorders...
- Vaccine-enhanced DLI to prevent cancer recurrence after stem cell transplantationJohn Roback; Fiscal Year: 2006Delayed reconstitution of antigen-specific immunity following allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) predisposes patients to opportunistic infections and tumor recurrence...
- IN UTERO STEM CELL TRANSPLANTATIONEsmail D Zanjani; Fiscal Year: 2010In utero hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (IUSCT) is a promising therapeutic approach for many genetic disorders...
- IN UTERO STEM CELL TRANSPLANTATIONEsmail Zanjani; Fiscal Year: 2009In utero hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (IUSCT) is a promising therapeutic approach for many genetic disorders...
- CELLULAR IMMUNOTHERAPY FOR HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCYJohn Levine; Fiscal Year: 2006..The candidate, Dr. John Levine, is a junior faculty member in the Blood and Marrow Stem Cell Transplantation Program at the University of Michigan. Dr...