Genomes and Genes
Summary: Transplantation from another site in or on the body of the individual receiving it.
Publications262 found, 100 shown here
- Therapeutic angiogenesis for patients with limb ischaemia by autologous transplantation of bone-marrow cells: a pilot study and a randomised controlled trialEriko Tateishi-Yuyama
Department of Medicine II and Cardiovascular Centre, Kansai Medical University, Osaka, Japan
Lancet 360:427-35. 2002..We investigated efficacy and safety of autologous implantation of bone marrow-mononuclear cells in patients with ischaemic limbs because of peripheral arterial disease...
- Specific induction of neuronal cells from bone marrow stromal cells and application for autologous transplantationMari Dezawa
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
J Clin Invest 113:1701-10. 2004..This study shows that a population of neuronal cells can be specifically generated from MSCs and that induced cells may allow for a neuroreconstructive approach...
- Salvage regimens with autologous transplantation for relapsed large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab eraChristian Gisselbrecht
Hopital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 28:4184-90. 2010..Salvage regimens have never been compared; their efficacy in the rituximab era is unknown...
- Bortezomib as induction before autologous transplantation, followed by lenalidomide as consolidation-maintenance in untreated multiple myeloma patientsAntonio Palumbo
Divisione di Ematologia dell Universita di Torino, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria San Giovanni Battista, Via Genova 3, 10126 Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 28:800-7. 2010PURPOSE To evaluate the effect of bortezomib as induction therapy before autologous transplantation, followed by lenalidomide as consolidation-maintenance in myeloma patients...
- Iliac crest bone graft harvest donor site morbidity. A statistical evaluationJ C Banwart
Section of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:1055-60. 1995..The findings suggest that procedural refinements of limiting subcutaneous dissection and providing layered tension-free incision closure may improve results...
- Corneal reconstruction with tissue-engineered cell sheets composed of autologous oral mucosal epitheliumKohji Nishida
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Osaka, Japan
N Engl J Med 351:1187-96. 2004..We studied the use of autologous oral mucosal epithelial cells as a source of cells for the reconstruction of the corneal surface...
- Adipose-derived stem and progenitor cells as fillers in plastic and reconstructive surgeryTimothy A Moseley
Department of Research and Technology, Division of Biologics, Cytori Therapeutics, Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 118:121S-128S. 2006....
- In adults with standard-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia, the greatest benefit is achieved from a matched sibling allogeneic transplantation in first complete remission, and an autologous transplantation is less effective than conventional consolidation/Anthony H Goldstone
North London Cancer Network, University College London Hospitals, London, United Kingdom
Blood 111:1827-33. 2008..the role of allogeneic transplantation for adults with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and compare autologous transplantation with standard chemotherapy...
- Unblinded pilot study of autologous transplantation of bone marrow mononuclear cells in patients with thromboangiitis obliteransKoji Miyamoto
Department of Medicine, National Cardiovascular Center, 5 7 1 Fujishiro dai, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Circulation 114:2679-84. 2006..The purpose of this study was to assess the long-term safety and efficacy of bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation in patients with thromboangiitis obliterans...
- Osteogenicity of biphasic calcium phosphate ceramics and bone autograft in a goat modelBorhane H Fellah
INSERM U791, Laboratory for Osteoarticular and Dental Tissue Engineering, Faculty of Dental Surgery, 1 Place Alexis Ricordeau, Nantes, France
Biomaterials 29:1177-88. 2008..4+/-3.7% initially to 1.7+/-1.2% at 12 weeks). This study shows that synthetic bone substitutes may have superior stability and osteogenic properties than autologous bone grafts in critical-sized bone defects...
- Autologous transplantation of adipose tissue-derived stromal cells ameliorates pulmonary emphysemaN Shigemura
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Am J Transplant 6:2592-600. 2006..The goal of this study was to demonstrate the therapeutic impact of autologous transplantation of ASCs through HGF supplementation for the enhancement of alveolar repair in a rat model of emphysema...
- Midterm results on ocular surface reconstruction using cultivated autologous oral mucosal epithelial transplantationTsutomu Inatomi
Department of Ophthalmology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 141:267-275. 2006..To perform a midterm assessment of the integrity and reproducibility of cultivated autologous oral mucosal epithelial sheets, and to evaluate the clinical efficacy of their transplantation in ocular surface...
- Idiotype-pulsed antigen-presenting cells following autologous transplantation for multiple myeloma may be associated with prolonged survivalMartha Q Lacy
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 84:799-802. 2009..This approach warrants further investigation to confirm this and define the role of vaccine therapy in myeloma...
- Intense T cell depletion followed by autologous bone marrow transplantation for severe multiple sclerosisJ P A Samijn
Department of Neurology, MS Centre ErasErasmus MC, Postbox 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 77:46-50. 2006..Certain stem cell transplantation procedures might slow down inflammatory pathology in multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- A prospective, randomized clinical study of osteochondral autologous transplantation versus microfracture for the treatment of osteochondritis dissecans in the knee joint in childrenRimtautas Gudas
Kaunas University of Medicine, Kaunas, Lithuania
J Pediatr Orthop 29:741-8. 2009The aim of this study was to compare the outcomes of the arthroscopic mosaic-type osteochondral autologous transplantation (OAT) and microfracture (MF) procedures for the treatment of osteochondritis dissecans (OCD) defects of the femoral ..
- Impact of mobilization and remobilization strategies on achieving sufficient stem cell yields for autologous transplantationIskra Pusic
Washington University School of Medicine, Siteman Cancer Center, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1045-56. 2008..study we analyzed clinical records of 1834 patients who underwent stem cell mobilization for autologous transplantation from November 1995 to October 2006 at the Washington University in St. Louis...
- Fat grafting to the breast revisited: safety and efficacySydney R Coleman
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10013, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 119:775-85; discussion 786-7. 2007..As discussions of fat grafting to the breast are surfacing all over the world, it is time to reexamine the opinions of the 1987 American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons position paper...
- Allogeneic and autologous transplantation for haematological diseases, solid tumours and immune disorders: current practice in Europe 2009P Ljungman
Department of Haematology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Bone Marrow Transplant 45:219-34. 2010..The introduction of alternative therapies, such as imatinib for CML, has challenged well-established indications. An updated report with revised tables and operating definitions is presented...
- Autologous transplantation of endothelial progenitor cells attenuates acute lung injury in rabbitsChen Fuh Lam
Department of Anesthesiology, National Cheng Kung University College of Medicine and Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
Anesthesiology 108:392-401. 2008..Here, the authors present the first study demonstrating the therapeutic potential of EPCs in a rabbit model of ALI/ARDS...
- A prospective randomized multicenter clinical evaluation of an anterior cervical fusion cageR J Hacker
Oregon Neurosurgery Specialists, Eugene, Oregon 97401, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:2646-54; discussion 2655. 2000..A prospective, concurrently controlled, randomized, multicenter trial of an anterior Bagby and Kuslich cervical fusion cage (BAK/C; Sulzer Spine-Tech, Minneapolis, MN) for treatment of degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine...
- Magnetically labeled mesenchymal stem cells after autologous transplantation into acutely injured liverXiao Lei Shi
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, The Affiliated Drum Tower Hospital of Nanjing University Medical School, No 321 Zhongshan Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 16:3674-9. 2010..To evaluate tracking of magnetically labeled mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) after intraportal transplantation...
- Repair of cartilage defect in the rabbit with cultured mesenchymal stem cells from bone marrowG I Im
Hallym University, Chunchon, Korea
J Bone Joint Surg Br 83:289-94. 2001..These findings suggest that repair of cartilage defects can be enhanced by the implantation of cultured mesenchymal stem cells...
- Structural fat grafting: more than a permanent fillerSydney R Coleman
New York University School of Medicine, New York 10013, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 118:108S-120S. 2006..Of particular interest is the research that has pointed to the use of stem cells to repair and even to become bone, cartilage, muscle, blood vessels, nerves, and skin. Further studies are essential to understand grafted fat tissue...
- Catheter-based autologous bone marrow myocardial injection in no-option patients with advanced coronary artery disease: a feasibility studyShmuel Fuchs
Cardiovascular Research Institute, MedStar Research Institute, Washington Hospital Center, 110 Irving Street NW, 4B 1, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1721-4. 2003..We conducted a pilot study to evaluate the feasibility of transendocardial delivery of autologous bone marrow (ABM) strategy in patients with severe symptomatic chronic myocardial ischemia not amenable to conventional revascularization...
- Syngeneic hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a comparison with allogeneic and autologous transplantation--The Lymphoma Working Committee of the International Bone Marrow Transplant Registry and the European Group for BloodPhilip J Bierman
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 7680, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3744-53. 2003..To compare results of syngeneic, allogeneic, and autologous hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...
- Heat-shock proteins and their role in chondrocyte protection, an application for autologous transplantationD A Sawatzky
Experimental Pathology Group, William Harvey Research Institute, Saint Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary and Westfield College, Charterhouse Square, London, EC1M 6BQ, UK
Inflammopharmacology 12:569-89. 2005....
- Autologous transplantation of muscle-derived CD133+ stem cells in Duchenne muscle patientsY Torrente
Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico of Milan, Department of Neurological Sciences, Dino Ferrari Center, University of Milan, Italy
Cell Transplant 16:563-77. 2007..Here we tested the safety of autologous transplantation of muscle-derived CD133+ cells in eight boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy in a 7-month, double-blind ..
- Poor mobilization of hematopoietic stem cells-definitions, incidence, risk factors, and impact on outcome of autologous transplantationPatrick Wuchter
Department of Internal Medicine V, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, Heidelberg, Germany
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:490-9. 2010..mobilization" (PM), we have analyzed the efficiency of mobilization in patients intended to receive autologous transplantation at our center in the past 6 years...
- Intramuscular autotransplantation of pancreatic islets in a 7-year-old child: a 2-year follow-upE Rafael
Department of Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital in Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Transplant 8:458-62. 2008....
- Autologous transplantation of EPCs encoding FGF1 gene promotes neovascularization in a porcine model of chronic myocardial ischemiaShu yan Chen
Department of Cardiology, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, No 1665 Kong Jiang Road, Shanghai 200092, China
Int J Cardiol 135:223-32. 2009..fibroblast growth factor (sp-FGF1) gene transfer may achieve functional improvement of EPCs and that autologous transplantation of sp-FGF1-modified EPCs can facilitate neovascularization in a porcine model of chronic myocardial ..
- Second allogeneic transplantation after failure of first autologous transplantationJ P Radich
Clinical Research Division of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center University of Washington School of Medicine, 98109, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 6:272-9. 2000..allogeneic bone marrow transplantations (BMTs) in 59 patients aged 1-57 years who relapsed after initial autologous transplantation. Patients received a second transplantation for recurrent acute myeloid leukemia (AML) (n = 24), acute ..
- High dose sequential chemotherapy with autologous transplantation versus dose-dense chemotherapy MegaCEOP as first line treatment in poor-prognosis diffuse large cell lymphoma: an "Intergruppo Italiano Linfomi" randomized trialUmberto Vitolo
Ematologia, Azienda Ospedaliera S Giovanni Battista, Corso Bramante 88, 10126 Turin, Italy
Haematologica 90:793-801. 2005....
- Hematopoietic stem cell gene therapy with a lentiviral vector in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyNathalie Cartier
INSERM UMR745, University Paris Descartes, 75279 Paris, France
Science 326:818-23. 2009..Thus, lentiviral-mediated gene therapy of hematopoietic stem cells can provide clinical benefits in ALD...
- Allogeneic transplantation improves the overall and progression-free survival of Hodgkin lymphoma patients relapsing after autologous transplantation: a retrospective study based on the time of HLA typing and donor availabilityBarbara Sarina
Hematology Department, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Milano, Italy
Blood 115:3671-7. 2010Hodgkin lymphoma relapsing after autologous transplantation (autoSCT) has a dismal outcome. Allogeneic transplantation (alloSCT) using reduced intensity conditioning (RIC) is a salvage option, but its effectiveness is still unclear...
- Autologous bone marrow-derived mononuclear cell therapy prevents the damage of viable myocardium and improves rat heart function following acute anterior myocardial infarctionHon Kan Yip
Division of Cardiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Circ J 72:1336-45. 2008..We examined the effects of bone marrow-derived mononuclear cells (BMDMNCs) on preventing viable myocardium damage from myocardial infarction (MI) in a rat MI model...
- Therapeutic angiogenesis in Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans) patients with critical limb ischemia by autologous transplantation of bone marrow mononuclear cellsVishnu Motukuru
Jain Institute of Vascular Sciences, Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain Hospital, Bangalore, India
J Vasc Surg 48:53S-60S; discussion 60S. 2008..We have reviewed our series of patients who underwent autologous bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation during the last 2 years...
- Short-term heart retention and distribution of intramyocardial delivered mesenchymal cells within necrotic or intact myocardiumNguyen Tran
Laboratory of Surgery School, Faculty of Medicine Nancy, avenue de la Forêt de Haye, BPl84, 54505 Vandoeuvre Les Nancy Cedex, France
Cell Transplant 15:351-8. 2006..BMSCs have a higher retention when they are injected in necrotic than in normal myocardial areas and these cells appear to stay around the injection site for at least a 7-day period...
- Safety analysis and improved cardiac function following local autologous transplantation of CD133(+) enriched bone marrow cells after myocardial infarctionHossein Ahmadi
Tehran Heart Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, I R Iran
Curr Neurovasc Res 4:153-60. 2007..Moreover, these cells might restore tissue viability and improve perfusion of the infarcted myocardium, suggesting that they may induce myogenesis as well as angiogenesis...
- The morbidity associated with osteochondral harvest from asymptomatic knees for the treatment of osteochondral lesions of the talusSudheer Reddy
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Sports Med 35:80-5. 2007..Mosaic autogenous osteochondral transplantation has been used to treat large osteochondral defects...
- Molecular remission after allogeneic or autologous transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells for multiple myelomaG Martinelli
Institute of Hematology and Medical Oncology Seragnoli, University of Bologna, Italy
J Clin Oncol 18:2273-81. 2000....
- Early autologous stem-cell transplantation versus conventional chemotherapy as front-line therapy in high-risk, aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: an Italian multicenter randomized trialMaurizio Martelli
Department of Cellular Biotechnology and Hematology, University La Sapienza of Rome, Italy
J Clin Oncol 21:1255-62. 2003..To evaluate the role of early intensification with high-dose therapy (HDT) and autologous stem-cell transplantation (ASCT) as front-line chemotherapy for patients with high-risk, histologically aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...
- Single versus double autologous stem-cell transplantation for multiple myelomaMichel Attal
Department of Hematology and Biostatistics, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
N Engl J Med 349:2495-502. 2003..We conducted a randomized trial of the treatment of multiple myeloma with high-dose chemotherapy followed by either one or two successive autologous stem-cell transplantations...
- Prospective nonrandomized comparison of an allograft with bone morphogenic protein versus an iliac-crest autograft in anterior cervical discectomy and fusionGlenn Robin Buttermann
Midwest Spine Institute Stillwater, Spine Surgery Division, 1950 Curve Crest Blvd, Stillwater, MN 55115, USA
Spine J 8:426-35. 2008..This has led some surgeons to use alternatives to iliac bone graft, but often the alternatives have greater rates of nonunion and delayed union. Bone morphogenic protein (BMP) studies have found high arthrodesis rates in lumbar fusions...
- Autologous HSCT for severe progressive multiple sclerosis in a multicenter trial: impact on disease activity and quality of lifeRiccardo Saccardi
Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Careggi Hospital, University of Florence, Italy
Blood 105:2601-7. 2005..HSCT is able to induce a prolonged clinical stabilization in severe progressive MS patients, resulting in both sustained treatment-free periods and quality of life improvement...
- Randomized controlled trials of autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for autoimmune diseases: the evolution from myeloablative to lymphoablative transplant regimensRichard K Burt
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60011, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:3750-60. 2006
- A randomized trial comparing autologous chondrocyte implantation with microfracture. Findings at five yearsGunnar Knutsen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Tromsø, University Hospital North Norway, 9038 Tromsø, Norway
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:2105-12. 2007..The objective of this randomized trial was to compare autologous chondrocyte implantation with microfracture. This paper represents an update, with presentation of the clinical results at five years...
- Magnetic resonance observation of cartilage repair tissue (MOCART) for the evaluation of autologous chondrocyte transplantation: determination of interobserver variability and correlation to clinical outcome after 2 yearsStefan Marlovits
Department of Traumatology, Center for Joint and Cartilage, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer, Austria
Eur J Radiol 57:16-23. 2006..High resolution MRI and well-defined MRI variables are a reliable, reproducible and accurate tool for assessing cartilage repair tissue...
- Yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan doses calculated to deliver up to 15 Gy to critical organs may be safely combined with high-dose BEAM and autologous transplantation in relapsed or refractory B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomaJane N Winter
Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1653-9. 2009..radiation-absorbed dose (RAD) to critical organs delivered by yttrium-90 ((90)Y) ibritumomab tiuxetan in combination with high-dose carmustine, etoposide, cytarabine, and melphalan (BEAM) chemotherapy with autologous transplantation.
- Complete remission status before autologous stem cell transplantation is an important prognostic factor in patients with multiple myeloma undergoing upfront single autologous transplantationJin Seok Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:463-70. 2009..Our findings suggest that the development of more effective induction regimens, including novel antimyeloma agents to improve initial response, should be pursued to enhance clinical benefits post-ASCT...
- Treatment of focal articular cartilage defects in the knee: a systematic reviewRobert A Magnussen
Vanderbilt Orthopaedic Institute, 4200 Medical Center East, 1215 21st Avenue South, Suite 4200, Nashville, TN, 37232 8774, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:952-62. 2008..A large prospective trial investigating these techniques with the addition of a control group would be the best way to definitively address the clinical questions...
- Reconstruction of damaged corneas by transplantation of autologous limbal epithelial cellsR J Tsai
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
N Engl J Med 343:86-93. 2000..However, this procedure requires a large limbal graft from the healthy eye and is not possible in patients who have bilateral lesions...
- Long-term follow-up results of IFM99-03 and IFM99-04 trials comparing nonmyeloablative allotransplantation with autologous transplantation in high-risk de novo multiple myelomaPhilippe Moreau
Blood 112:3914-5. 2008
- CD34+ selected autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for multiple sclerosis: report of toxicity and treatment results at one year of follow-up in 15 patientsEnric Carreras
BMT Unit, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Haematologica 88:306-14. 2003..We report the results of a phase II trial to evaluate feasibility and toxicity of CD34+ selected ASCT (CD34+/ASCT) and treatment results at one year of follow-up...
- Arthroscopic autologous chondrocyte transplantation: technical noteM Marcacci
Laboratorio di Biomeccanica, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 10:154-9. 2002..The procedure includes the advantages of arthroscopic osteochondral grafting without donor site morbidity. With this technique is possible to reduce the patient morbidity, time and cost of surgery...
- Allogeneic and autologous transplantation for haematological diseases, solid tumours and immune disorders: definitions and current practice in EuropeP Ljungman
Department of Hematology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:439-49. 2006..The introduction of alternative therapies has challenged well-established indications such as imatinib for chronic myeloid leukaemia. An updated report with revised tables and operating definitions is presented here...
- Treatment of multiple myelomaBart Barlogie
Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Blood 103:20-32. 2004..Fundamental and clinical research should, therefore, focus on the molecular and biologic mechanisms of treatment failure in the high-risk subgroup...
- Autologous chondrocyte implantation compared with microfracture in the knee. A randomized trialGunnar Knutsen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital Tromsø, 9038 Tromsø, Norway
J Bone Joint Surg Am 86:455-64. 2004..The objective of the present study was to compare autologous chondrocyte implantation with microfracture in a randomized trial. We are not aware of any previous randomized studies comparing these methods...
- Osteochondral lesions of the talus: randomized controlled trial comparing chondroplasty, microfracture, and osteochondral autograft transplantationAlberto Gobbi
Orthopaedic Arthroscopic Surgery International, Milan, Italy
Arthroscopy 22:1085-92. 2006The purpose of this study was to compare outcomes of chondroplasty versus microfracture versus osteochondral autologous transplantation (OAT) in patients with osteochondral lesions of the talus (OLT).
- In vivo magnetic resonance tracking of Feridex-labeled bone marrow-derived neural stem cells after autologous transplantation in rhesus monkeyYi quan Ke
Department of Neurosurgery, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, PR China
J Neurosci Methods 179:45-50. 2009..These results suggest that Feridex labeling of BMSCs-D-NSCs is feasible, efficient and safe for MRI tracing following autografting into the rhesus monkey nervous system...
- Autologous transplantation in elderly patients with multiple myeloma: are we asking the right questions?H D Klepin
Section on Hematology and Oncology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 38:585-92. 2006..Traditional upper age limits for autologous transplantation are being challenged along with the definition of 'elderly' itself...
- Long-term outcomes of autologous transplantation in multiple myeloma: significant survival benefit of novel drugs in post-transplantation relapseMarta Krejci
Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, Masaryk University Hospital, Jihlavska 20, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 9:436-42. 2009..Treatment options for myeloma have expanded in the past decade, and it seems that patients who are treated with novel drugs such as thalidomide and bortezomib for relapse after autoSCT have longer overall survival (OS)...
- Infections after CD34-selected or unmanipulated autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantationPascale Frère
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Eur J Haematol 76:102-8. 2006..The role of extended infection prophylaxis should be evaluated...
- Ovarian tissue autologous transplantation to the upper extremity for girls receiving abdominal/pelvic radiation: 20-year follow-up of reproductive endocrine functionMarc R Laufer
Division of Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 23:107-10. 2010Upper-extremity ovarian autologous transplantation was first used for girls undergoing abdominal/pelvic radiation therapy; long-term follow-up is provided.
- [Voluminous bone graft harvesting of the femoral marrow cavity for autologous transplantation. An indication for the"Reamer-Irrigator-Aspirator-" (RIA-)technique]P Kobbe
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kaufmann Medical Building, University of Pittsburgh, 3471 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1010, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Unfallchirurg 111:469-72. 2008..The contralateral femur was reamed and the bone graft was applied to the nonunion. The patient showed clinical and radiological healing of the nonunion without donor site complications...
- Autologous transplantation of adult adipose derived stem cells into rabbit urethral wallFernando Goncalves Almeida
Department of Urology, Paulista School of Medicine, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int Urogynecol J 21:743-8. 2010..A study was carried out to evaluate the feasibility of autologous adipose derived stem cells (ADSC) transplantation into female rabbits' urethra walls as an alternative to intrinsic urethral regeneration...
- Evidence for naive T-cell repopulation despite thymus irradiation after autologous transplantation in adults with multiple myeloma: role of ex vivo CD34+ selection and ageMarion Malphettes
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire URA CNRS 625, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Blood 101:1891-7. 2003..randomly assigned to receive high-dose therapy including total body irradiation (TBI) followed by autologous transplantation with either unselected or CD34+-selected PBSCs...
- Livebirth after orthotopic transplantation of cryopreserved ovarian tissueJ Donnez
Department of Gynaecology, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 10, B 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Lancet 364:1405-10. 2004..In 1997, biopsy samples of ovarian cortex were taken from a woman with stage IV Hodgkin's lymphoma and cryopreserved before chemotherapy was initiated. After her cancer treatment, the patient had premature ovarian failure...
- Cartilage restoration, part 1: basic science, historical perspective, patient evaluation, and treatment optionsJ Winslow Alford
Shoulder and Sports Medicine Division, West Bay Orthopedics, Warwick, Rhode Island, USA
Am J Sports Med 33:295-306. 2005..In this article (part 1), the authors review the basic science of chondral injuries, the historical perspective of the available surgical options, and present guidelines for patient evaluation and treatment...
- Three-, 6-, and 12-month results of autologous transplantation of mononuclear bone marrow cells in patients with acute myocardial infarctionJaroslav Meluzin
1st Department of Internal Medicine Cardioangiology, St Anna Hosp, MU Czech Republic
Int J Cardiol 128:185-92. 2008..There are only few data on long-term effectiveness of the stem cell therapy...
- Outcome of autologous transplantation for mantle cell lymphoma: a study by the European Blood and Bone Marrow Transplant and Autologous Blood and Marrow Transplant RegistriesElisabeth Vandenberghe
Department of Haematology, St James Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Br J Haematol 120:793-800. 2003..99 times (95% CI: 1.66-5.38, P < 0.001) more likely to die than patients transplanted in CR1. Autologous transplantation probably improves survival in patients with MCL especially if performed in first CR.
- Autologous transplantation of porcine myogenic precursor cells in skeletal muscleNicolas Holzer
Department of Clinical Neurosciences and Dermatology, Geneva Faculty of Medicine and University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Neuromuscul Disord 15:237-44. 2005..b>Autologous transplantation of 3[H]-thymidine labeled porcine myogenic precursor cells indicated 60% survival at day 1 followed by a ..
- Occult tumor contamination of hematopoietic stem-cell products does not affect clinical outcome of autologous transplantation in patients with metastatic breast cancerB W Cooper
Department of Medicine, Ireland Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:3509-17. 1998..To determine whether occult tumor contamination of autologous bone marrow or peripheral-blood progenitor cells (PBPC) influences clinical outcome after high-dose chemotherapy in patients with stage IV breast cancer...
- Plerixafor (Mozobil) alone to mobilize hematopoietic stem cells from multiple myeloma patients for autologous transplantationNeal Flomenberg
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:695-700. 2010..Further research into single agent use should focus on alternate route of administration as well as adjustment of the timing of the apheresis to improve cell HSC yield...
- Peripheral blood stem cell mobilization by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor alone and engraftment kinetics following autologous transplantation in children and adolescents with solid tumorH Watanabe
Department of Pediatrics, University of Tokushima Graduate School of Medical Science, Tokushima, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:661-8. 2006....
- Human islet isolation for autologous transplantation: comparison of yield and function using SERVA/Nordmark versus Roche enzymesT Anazawa
Schulze Diabetes Institute, Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Am J Transplant 9:2383-91. 2009..The SN and LH enzymes are associated with similar outcomes for IAT. Further optimization of the collagenase/neutral protease ratio is necessary to reduce the number of embedded islets obtained when using the SN enzyme...
- Impact of chromosome 13 deletion and plasma cell load on long-term survival of patients with multiple myeloma undergoing autologous transplantationEsbjörn Paul
Hematology Center, Karolinska University Hospital and Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Oncol Rep 22:137-42. 2009..020), whereas the plasma cell load had no effect on survival of patients with del(13). Overall, the absence of del(13) in combination with low plasma cell infiltration at diagnosis predicts the best survival...
- Autologous transplantation of bone marrow mononuclear stem cells by mini-thoracotomy in dilated cardiomyopathy: technique and early resultsRenato Abdala Karam Kalil
Instituto de Cardiologia do Rio Grande do Sul, Fundação Universitária de Cardiologia, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 126:75-81. 2008..This study describes a novel technique of BMMC transplantation and the results up to one year after the procedure...
- Randomized comparison of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor versus granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor plus intensive chemotherapy for peripheral blood stem cell mobilization and autologous transplantation in multiple myelomaMukta Arora
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 10:395-404. 2004..colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) for peripheral blood stem cell mobilization followed by autologous transplantation. The major study end points were the comparative utility of G-CSF versus GM-CSF, the percentage of ..
- Outcome of diffuse alveolar hemorrhage in hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsBekele Afessa
Department of Medicine, Divisions of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Hematology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:1364-8. 2002..This study shows that survival rate of hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients with diffuse alveolar hemorrhage is better than previously reported, and that early onset and autologous transplant are favorable prognostic indicators...
- Intracoronary bone marrow-derived progenitor cells in acute myocardial infarctionVolker Schachinger
Department of Internal Medicine III, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
N Engl J Med 355:1210-21. 2006..Pilot trials suggest that the intracoronary administration of autologous progenitor cells may improve left ventricular function after acute myocardial infarction...
- Pilot trial of autologous dendritic cells loaded with tumor lysate(s) from allogeneic tumor cell lines in patients with metastatic medullary thyroid carcinomaThomas Bachleitner-Hofmann
Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Oncol Rep 21:1585-92. 2009..Combined treatment with different tumor cell lysate-pulsed DCs increases the likelihood of a calcitonin tumor marker response and should therefore be preferred over monotherapy with DCs pulsed with a single lysate...
- Autologous transplantation of RPE with partial-thickness choroid after mechanical debridement of Bruch membrane in the rabbitYuntao Hu
Peking University Eye Center, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:3185-92. 2008..An improved translocation technique for autologous retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) transplantation is presented. The graft consists of a sheet of a partial-thickness choroid with RPE attached...
- Transendocardial, autologous bone marrow cell transplantation for severe, chronic ischemic heart failureEmerson C Perin
Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Tex, USA
Circulation 107:2294-302. 2003....
- Cryopreservation of human brain tissue allowing timely production of viable adult human brain cells for autologous transplantationJean Francois Brunet
Department of Neurosurgery of Lausanne and Geneva University Medical School, Bugnon 46, 1011, Lausanne, Switzerland
Cryobiology 47:179-83. 2003b>Autologous transplantation is an attractive approach to treat some neurological diseases. A major obstacle is the capacity to produce cells for transplantation at the appropriate time...
- Photoreceptors repair by autologous transplantation of retinal pigment epithelium and partial-thickness choroid graft in rabbitsTaoran Zhang
Peking University Eye Center, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:2982-8. 2009..To investigate whether autologous retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) and a partial-thickness graft can repair degenerated photoreceptors overlying a mechanically damaged Bruch's membrane...
- Intensive induction chemotherapy followed by high dose chemotherapy with autologous hematopoietic progenitor cell rescue in young children newly diagnosed with central nervous system atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumorsSharon L Gardner
Department of Pediatrics, New York University, New York, New York 10016, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:235-40. 2008..Historically, surgery and standard dose chemotherapy have resulted in a median survival of 8.5 months from diagnosis...
- Long-term outcome of autologous transplantation of peripheral blood progenitor cells as postremission management of patients > or =60 years with acute myelogenous leukemiaAshkan Lashkari
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:466-71. 2006..To better understand the long-term outcome of autologous transplantation in AML patients > or =60 years of age, we evaluated high-dose chemoradiotherapy preparative conditioning ..
- A comparison of HLA-identical sibling allogeneic versus autologous transplantation for diffuse large B cell lymphoma: a report from the CIBMTRHillard M Lazarus
Department of Medicine, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:35-45. 2010....
- Shortened first-line high-dose chemotherapy for patients with poor-prognosis aggressive lymphomaChristian Gisselbrecht
Institut d Hematologie, GELA Hôpital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
J Clin Oncol 20:2472-9. 2002....
- Reconstruction of damaged cornea by autologous transplantation of epidermal adult stem cellsXueyi Yang
Department of Life Sciences, Luoyang Normal University, Luoyang, China
Mol Vis 14:1064-70. 2008..Here, we report a new strategy for reconstructing the damaged corneal surface in a goat model of total limbal stem cell deficiency (LSCD) by autologous transplantation of epidermal adult stem cells (EpiASC).
- Repair of articular cartilage defect by autologous transplantation of basic fibroblast growth factor gene-transduced chondrocytes with adeno-associated virus vectorNaoki Yokoo
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 52:164-70. 2005..To examine the effects of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) gene-transduced chondrocytes on the repair of articular cartilage defects...
- Paracrine action enhances the effects of autologous mesenchymal stem cell transplantation on vascular regeneration in rat model of myocardial infarctionYao Liang Tang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, St Petersburg, Florida, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 80:229-36; discussion 236-7. 2005..We hypothesize that transplantation of MSCs enhances vascular regeneration through a paracrine action...
- Prolonged remission of neuro-Behcet disease following autologous transplantationA De Cata
Department of Internal Medicine, IRCCS, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Foggia, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 20:91-6. 2007..Immune ablation followed by APBSCT can modify the course of severe N-BD. Because of the high risk and the transplant-related mortality, these cases have to be carefully selected...
- Sustained high-level polyclonal hematopoietic marking and transgene expression 4 years after autologous transplantation of rhesus macaques with SIV lentiviral vector-transduced CD34+ cellsYoo Jin Kim
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health NIH, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Blood 113:5434-43. 2009....
- Efficacy of autologous transplantation of noncultured epidermal suspension in two different dilutions in the treatment of vitiligoGeeta R Tegta
Department of Dermatology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Int J Dermatol 45:106-10. 2006....
- Tandem high-dose chemotherapy followed by autologous transplantation in patients with locally advanced or metastatic sarcomaAshkan Lashkari
City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Division of Medical Oncology, 1500 E Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Anticancer Res 29:3281-8. 2009..The purpose of our phase II study was to assess the feasibility, safety and efficacy of tandem high-dose chemotherapy (HDCT) followed by autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT) in such patients...
- Controversies in the treatment of lymphoma with autologous transplantationAlison J Moskowitz
Lymphoma Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Oncologist 14:921-9. 2009....
- Artificial niches for human adult neural stem cells: possibility for autologous transplantation therapyCharles Y Liu
Department of Neurological Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, 90033, USA
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 12:689-99. 2003..the clinical perspective and summarizes ongoing work aimed at exploring the intriguing possibility of autologous transplantation, whereby neural stem cells can be harvested from adult patients, expanded or modified in vitro in ..
- Progressive disease following autologous transplantation in patients with chemosensitive relapsed or primary refractory Hodgkin's disease or aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphomaT Kewalramani
Department of Medicine, Lymphoma and Hematology Services, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:673-9. 2003....
- Quality of life assessment in patients undergoing reduced intensity conditioning allogeneic as compared to autologous transplantation: results of a prospective studyM Diez-Campelo
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Paseo de San Vicente, S N, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 34:729-38. 2004..We have observed similar QOL among patients undergoing RIC-allo as compared to ASCT although GVHD remains an important 'event' in QOL...
- BEAM allogeneic transplantation for patients with Hodgkin's disease who relapse after autologous transplantation is safe and effectiveJulian P Cooney
BMT Program, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:177-82. 2003Because few patients failing autologous transplantation for Hodgkin's disease survive long-term, we explored reduced-intensity allografts using BEAM conditioning and early withdrawal of immunosuppression as an alternative to palliative ..
- Physiological role of PRDM16 in brown fat development and energy balancePatrick Seale; Fiscal Year: 2011..Transplantation of PRDM16 expressing fibroblasts. The goal is to develop an autologous transplantation protocol using PRDM16-expressing precursor cells to form ectopic deposits of functional brown adipose ..
- Macrophage-based Human Gene Therapy for Hereditary PAPBruce C Trapnell; Fiscal Year: 2012..PAP in GM-R[unreadable]KO mice was 'cured'by the applicant by autologous transplantation of bone marrow after retrovirus-mediated gene transduction to correct GM-R function...
- Non-viral gene therapy for sickle cell anemiaCLIFFORD JOHN STEER; Fiscal Year: 2012..CD34+ stem cells from SCA patients and sustain an improved sickle phenotype after reduced intensity autologous transplantation of the gene-modified HSCs...
- Stem cell-mediated delivery of neurotrophic factors for treatment of glaucomaDonald S Sakaguchi; Fiscal Year: 2010..First, MSCs can be easily isolated, cultured, and propagated as a source of adult stem cells for autologous transplantation, inciting minimal host immune response...
- Histone proline isomerization and gene regulationNobuaki Kikyo; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project potentially leads to efficient preparation of patients-derived new tissues for autologous transplantation, complementing the recently reported iPS cell technology...
- Keratin Gene Targeting for the Treatment of Epidermolysis BullosaDaniel G Miller; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to correct the phenotype of EBS-patient keratinocytes and prepare them for autologous transplantation by using a gene targeting approach...
- iPS cells-derived progenitor cells for angiomyogenesisYigang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Such an approach could eventually be used in humans and would allow autologous transplantation, thereby eliminating the problem of host rejection...
- Histone isomerization and pluripotencyNobuaki Kikyo; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project i expected to lead to efficient preparation of patients-derived new tissues for autologous transplantation, complementing the induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cell technology...
- Insulin Producing Cells from Amniotic Stem Cells for Diabetes TherapyAnthony Atala; Fiscal Year: 2009..These stem cells will be used to generate neo-islets for autologous transplantation into the corresponding offspring...
- Elastogenic Factor Functionalized Electrospun Scaffolds for in vivo Generation ofCHRISTOPHER A BASHUR; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 2C will determine graft patency through autologous transplantation in a rat aorta...
- De-Cellularized Human Lungs for Ex Vivo Lung RegenerationDaniel J Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2012..induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS), derived from individual patients and subsequently utilized for autologous transplantation. Notably, the de-cellularization process removes cellular antigens responsible for immune rejection and ..
- OPTIMIZING SPERMATOGONIAL TRANSPLANTATION FOR FERTILITY PRESERVATIONGunapala Shetty; Fiscal Year: 2010..In such cases cryopreservation of spermatogonia and autologous transplantation is the only a potential method for restoring spermatogenesis and possibly rescuing fertility...
- Bone Marrow Stem Cells: Novel Treatment of Human GliomaFrederick F Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additionally, to better mimic autologous transplantation, the capacity of mMSCs to survive within and outside gliomas will be explored in syngeneic, ..
- Alveolar Bone Marrow Derived Stem Cells for Clinical Cell TherapyDarnell Kaigler; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, in SA3, following autologous transplantation of aBMSCs into human craniofacial bone defects, we will determine how the phenotypic characteristics of ..
- Neurorestorative therapy of stroke with HUCBC in T2DM ratsJieli Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..HUCBCs can be used for autologous transplantation or allogeneic transplantation, when and if needed...
- Engineered Stem Cells for Inner Ear PharmacotherapyLarry F Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2012..adipose-derived stem cells ASCs, harvested from chinchillas (resulting in chASCs), that can be used for autologous transplantation for the delivery of trophins directly to the inner ear...
- Bioengineering New Lungs from Cadaveric Lung ScaffoldsDaniel J Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2010..induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS) derived from individual patients and subsequently utilized for autologous transplantation. Notably, the de-cellularization process removes cellular antigens responsible for immune rejection and ..
- Engraftment and in vivo selection of HIV-protected stem cellsAnn E Woolfrey; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, we would like to test this strategy in a patient population that has been shown to benefit from an autologous transplantation and that may also benefit from both the anti-tumor effect of low-dose chemotherapy used for in vivo ..
- Mesenchymal stem cells in the treatment of hindlimb ischemia in diabetic miceLOUIS MICHAEL MESSINA; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Autologous transplantation with mesenchymal stem cells (MSC), a pluripotent cell that par- ticipates in post-ischemic ..
- Derivation of Porcine iPS Cells and iPS Cell-Derived CardiomyocytesJoseph C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, it is critical to validate iPS cells'in vivo behavior and fate after autologous transplantation in pre-clinical large animal models before their safe clinical application becomes possible...
- Stem Cell Transplantation for Treatment of Autoimmune DiseasesKeith M Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2011..Study of High-Dose Immunosuppressive Therapy Using Total Body Irradiation, Cyclophosphamide, ATGAM, and Autologous Transplantation with Auto-CD34+HPC versus Intravenous Pulse Cyclophosphamide for the Treatment of Severe Systemic ..
- Stem Cell Transplantation for Treatment of Autoimmune DiseasesKeith Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Study of High-Dose Immunosuppressive Therapy Using Total Body Irradiation, Cyclophosphamide, ATGAM, and Autologous Transplantation with Auto-CD34+HPC versus Intravenous Pulse Cyclophosphamide for the Treatment of Severe Systemic ..
- ICE-FREE PRESERVATION OF OVARIES FOR LONG-TERM FECUNDITYYing Song; Fiscal Year: 2004..Cryopreservation of ovarian tissue prior to initiation of cancer therapy, followed by autologous transplantation or in vitro maturation and in vitro fertilization after remission, could provide a means of protecting ..
- A Novel Antibody Therapeutic for Multiple MyelomaKoteswara Chintalacharuvu; Fiscal Year: 2009..in vitro purging of myeloma cells during ex vivo expansion of hematopoietic progenitor-cells for use in autologous transplantation in multiple myeloma patients...
- Anti-TfR IgG3-Av: A New Drug Against Multiple MyelomaMANUEL PENICHET; Fiscal Year: 2009..efficient purging of myeloma cells during ex vivo expansion of hematopoietic progenitor-cells for use in autologous transplantation in MM patients...
- Preclinical Development of Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cell Therapy for Ischemic StroSean Savitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..derived from a patient's own marrow and therefore represent an attractive therapeutic approach for autologous transplantation. This proposal therefore seeks to address key translational steps for the development of autologous bone ..
- ALLOGENEIC LEUKOCYTE INFUSIONS FOR BREAST CANCERSCOTT BEARMAN; Fiscal Year: 2000..the feasibility of administering allogeneic leukocytes to breast cancer patients who have relapsed after autologous transplantation. There are considerable data supporting a graft-versus-tumor effect in selected hematologic malignancies ..
- Symposium- Advances in Stem Cell TransplantationEdward Ball; Fiscal Year: 2003..myeloablative transplants may permit innovative approaches to stem cell transplantation including tandem autologous transplantation to achieve cytoreduction followed by non-myeloablative allogeneic transplants to achieve the ..
- SCLERODERMA CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE OR TRANSPLANTION STUDY (SCOT)Keith Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Study of High-Dose Immunosuppressive Therapy Using Total Body Irradiation, Cyclophosphamide, ATGAM, and Autologous Transplantation with Auto-CD34+HPC versus Intravenous Pulse Cyclophosphamide for the Treatment of Severe Systemic ..
- SCLERODERMA CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE OR TRANSPLANTION STUDY (SCOT)Keith M Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2012
- SCLERODERMA CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE OR TRANSPLANTION STUDY (SCOT)Keith M Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2011
- CORD BLOOD COLLECTION DEVICERICHARD MEYST; Fiscal Year: 2000..Collection of these cells at birth and subsequent cryopreservation will allow autologous transplantation at any time in an individuals lifetime...
- LENTIVIRAL VECTOR TRANSFER TO HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLSDonald Kohn; Fiscal Year: 2005..genes will be able to effectively transduce HSC and these HSC will have augmented engraftment in autologous transplantation using an optimal cytoreductive dosage of busulfan...
- AAV-mediated gene therapy for metabolic bone diseaseSelvarangan Ponnazhagan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thus, we hypothesize that autologous transplantation of culture-expanded MSC, transduced with rAAV encoding BMP-2 under the control of osteoprogenitor-..
- A NOVEL APPROACH TO GERM-LIINE PRESERVATION IN MACAQUESStuart Meyers; Fiscal Year: 2004..Isolation of spermatogonial stem cells before and autologous transplantation after treatment could be an efficient technique to reverse infertility...
- Neuroreplacement strategies by mesenchymal stem cellKiminobu Sugaya; Fiscal Year: 2007..material as an alternative to fetal neural tissue, the ideal replacement therapies would be the autologous transplantation. Since we have succeeded in producing neural cells from human mesenchymal stem cells (HMeSCs}, we ..
- Bone Marrow-Derived Stem Cell Transplantation to RetinaSTEVEN MCLOON; Fiscal Year: 2005..These cells can differentiate into neurons. They are readily available, and if used for autologous transplantation to the retina, they would not have the same immunological consequences inherent in the use of other cell ..
- PERIPHERAL BLOOD STEM CELL MEDIATED GENE TRANSFERSteven Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..g. astrocytes or neural stem cells in autologous transplantation studies suffer from the unavoidable requisite neurosurgical procedure to obtain the brain-derived cells...
- Adult Stem Cells in the Inner EarEri Hashino; Fiscal Year: 2005..pool of pluripotent stem cells is easy to isolate, provides a renewal population and can be used for autologous transplantation. Marrow stromal cells have been shown to differentiate into neuronal cells in the central and peripheral ..
- Adult Stem Cells in the Inner EarEri Hashino; Fiscal Year: 2009..pool of pluripotent stem cells is easy to isolate, provides a renewal population and can be used for autologous transplantation. Marrow stromal cells have been shown to differentiate into neuronal cells in the central and peripheral ..
- PROGNOSTIC & THERAPEUTIC ROLE OF C-KIT IN BREAST CANCERBriana Williams; Fiscal Year: 1999..micrometastasis; (b) response to high dose chemotherapy and therefore a potential marker for response to autologous transplantation therapy. Two databases will be used...
- Mechanisms of in vivo protection from HIV infectionHarris Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..recipient's Class I HLA that will induce differentiation into effective HIV-1-specific CTLs after autologous transplantation. Specifically we will examine whether functional HIV-specific CD8+ CTLs can be generated by delivering ..
- Neurogenic Potential of Progenitor Cells in AdiposeMALU TANSEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..need to be identified and if found in adult peripheral tissues these could be proliferated and used for autologous transplantation. An easily accessible and ample source of progenitor cell with neural characteristics resides in adult ..
- MINORITY PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMXILMA ORTIZ GONZALEZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..source for neural transplantation tissue that besides the advantage of being amenable to expansion, differentiation and genetic manipulation in vitro, also embodies the unique prospect for autologous transplantation.
- Acquisition of FACSVantage SE Flow CytometerYair Gazitt; Fiscal Year: 2004..The new equipment will also widen the user's base, save sort time, reduce costs for users and will render sorting affordable to new users, especially in cases where low frequency (<1%) cell populations are sorted. ..
- DLI using genetically modified T cells: Phase 1 trialJohn Dipersio; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- CARDINAL BERNARDIN CANCER CENTER, LOYOLA UNIVERSITYPatrick Stiff; Fiscal Year: 2002..At the completion of this grant, the Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center plans to be positioned to successfully apply for a P-30 Cancer Center Support Grant. ..
- OPTIMIZING RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR NON HODGKIN'S LYMPHOMAAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these interventions will ultimately enhance the prognosis for patients with relapsed lymphoma by increasing the response and survival rates, while simultaneously minimizing toxicities. ..
- Proapoptotic Therapy for B-cell Non Hodgkin's LymphomaAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Immune responses to T-cell expansion + PCV immunizationAaron Rapoport; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Defibrotide for the treatment of severe hepatic veno-cc*Paul Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Gene Modified Donor T Cell Infusion into Mixed ChimerasGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, this study could translate into improved control of the GVH reaction and improved survival after allogeneic HCT. ..
- GENE MODIFIED T-CELLS FOR ENGRAFTMENT AND GVHD CONTROLGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will test if donor CTL specific for host minor histocompatibility antigens can convert mixed to complete donor chimerism. If successful this would make MHC-matched stem cell transplantation less toxic. ..
- BODY WEIGHT SUPPORTED AMBULATION TRAINING AFTER SCIBlair Calancie; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- AXONAL GROWTH IN THE CHRONICALLY INJURED SPINAL CORDJOHN HOULE; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Platelet Recovery After RadiationGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LATE EFFECTS IN SURVIVORS OF STEM CELL TRANSPLANTATIONKevin Baker; Fiscal Year: 2006..Robison is Principal Investigator) for a comparative analysis of patients in that cohort receiving standard chemotherapy versus those who have undergone SCT as part of their therapy. ..
- BD Biosciences FACSAria Benchtop Cell SorterIrving Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Each of the projects described herein requires multi-parameter sorting capability to fulfill one or more of its aims. Thus, we feel the request for purchase of this essential equipment is well justified. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving Function and Persistence of Chimeric T CellsBarbara Savoldo; Fiscal Year: 2006..The data produced by this project will be crucial to develop appropriate clinical trails with redirected T cells. ..
- Human Hematopoietic Cell Transformation by BCR/ABLRavi Bhatia; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies are expected to result in improved understanding of mechanisms critical for human progenitor transformation in CML and guide rational development of additional mechanism-based therapies. ..
- Transfer of IL-1Ra cDNA to Osteoarthritic KneeChristopher Evans; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF ANKLE INJURY RISK FACTORSBruce Beynnon; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..