Genomes and Genes
Summary: Transplantation from another site in or on the body of the individual receiving it.
Publications183 found, 100 shown here
- Impact of mobilization and remobilization strategies on achieving sufficient stem cell yields for autologous transplantationIskra Pusic
Washington University School of Medicine, Siteman Cancer Center, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1045-56. 2008..study we analyzed clinical records of 1834 patients who underwent stem cell mobilization for autologous transplantation from November 1995 to October 2006 at the Washington University in St. Louis...
- Catheter-based autologous bone marrow myocardial injection in no-option patients with advanced coronary artery disease: a feasibility studyShmuel Fuchs
Cardiovascular Research Institute, MedStar Research Institute, Washington Hospital Center, 110 Irving Street NW, 4B 1, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1721-4. 2003..We conducted a pilot study to evaluate the feasibility of transendocardial delivery of autologous bone marrow (ABM) strategy in patients with severe symptomatic chronic myocardial ischemia not amenable to conventional revascularization...
- Allogeneic transplantation improves the overall and progression-free survival of Hodgkin lymphoma patients relapsing after autologous transplantation: a retrospective study based on the time of HLA typing and donor availabilityBarbara Sarina
Hematology Department, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Milano, Italy
Blood 115:3671-7. 2010Hodgkin lymphoma relapsing after autologous transplantation (autoSCT) has a dismal outcome. Allogeneic transplantation (alloSCT) using reduced intensity conditioning (RIC) is a salvage option, but its effectiveness is still unclear...
- Autologous bone marrow-derived mononuclear cell therapy prevents the damage of viable myocardium and improves rat heart function following acute anterior myocardial infarctionHon Kan Yip
Division of Cardiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Circ J 72:1336-45. 2008..We examined the effects of bone marrow-derived mononuclear cells (BMDMNCs) on preventing viable myocardium damage from myocardial infarction (MI) in a rat MI model...
- Therapeutic angiogenesis in Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans) patients with critical limb ischemia by autologous transplantation of bone marrow mononuclear cellsVishnu Motukuru
Jain Institute of Vascular Sciences, Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain Hospital, Bangalore, India
J Vasc Surg 48:53S-60S; discussion 60S. 2008..We have reviewed our series of patients who underwent autologous bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation during the last 2 years...
- Prospective nonrandomized comparison of an allograft with bone morphogenic protein versus an iliac-crest autograft in anterior cervical discectomy and fusionGlenn Robin Buttermann
Midwest Spine Institute Stillwater, Spine Surgery Division, 1950 Curve Crest Blvd, Stillwater, MN 55115, USA
Spine J 8:426-35. 2008..This has led some surgeons to use alternatives to iliac bone graft, but often the alternatives have greater rates of nonunion and delayed union. Bone morphogenic protein (BMP) studies have found high arthrodesis rates in lumbar fusions...
- Autologous HSCT for severe progressive multiple sclerosis in a multicenter trial: impact on disease activity and quality of lifeRiccardo Saccardi
Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Careggi Hospital, University of Florence, Italy
Blood 105:2601-7. 2005..HSCT is able to induce a prolonged clinical stabilization in severe progressive MS patients, resulting in both sustained treatment-free periods and quality of life improvement...
- Treatment of multiple myelomaBart Barlogie
Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Blood 103:20-32. 2004..Fundamental and clinical research should, therefore, focus on the molecular and biologic mechanisms of treatment failure in the high-risk subgroup...
- Allogeneic and autologous transplantation for haematological diseases, solid tumours and immune disorders: definitions and current practice in EuropeP Ljungman
Department of Hematology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:439-49. 2006..The introduction of alternative therapies has challenged well-established indications such as imatinib for chronic myeloid leukaemia. An updated report with revised tables and operating definitions is presented here...
- Autologous transplantation of muscle-derived CD133+ stem cells in Duchenne muscle patientsY Torrente
Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico of Milan, Department of Neurological Sciences, Dino Ferrari Center, University of Milan, Italy
Cell Transplant 16:563-77. 2007..Here we tested the safety of autologous transplantation of muscle-derived CD133+ cells in eight boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy in a 7-month, double-blind ..
- Three-, 6-, and 12-month results of autologous transplantation of mononuclear bone marrow cells in patients with acute myocardial infarctionJaroslav Meluzin
1st Department of Internal Medicine Cardioangiology, St Anna Hosp, MU Czech Republic
Int J Cardiol 128:185-92. 2008..There are only few data on long-term effectiveness of the stem cell therapy...
- Magnetically labeled mesenchymal stem cells after autologous transplantation into acutely injured liverXiao Lei Shi
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, The Affiliated Drum Tower Hospital of Nanjing University Medical School, No 321 Zhongshan Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 16:3674-9. 2010..To evaluate tracking of magnetically labeled mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) after intraportal transplantation...
- Repair of articular cartilage defect by autologous transplantation of basic fibroblast growth factor gene-transduced chondrocytes with adeno-associated virus vectorNaoki Yokoo
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 52:164-70. 2005..To examine the effects of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) gene-transduced chondrocytes on the repair of articular cartilage defects...
- Quality of life assessment in patients undergoing reduced intensity conditioning allogeneic as compared to autologous transplantation: results of a prospective studyM Diez-Campelo
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Paseo de San Vicente, S N, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 34:729-38. 2004..We have observed similar QOL among patients undergoing RIC-allo as compared to ASCT although GVHD remains an important 'event' in QOL...
- Artificial niches for human adult neural stem cells: possibility for autologous transplantation therapyCharles Y Liu
Department of Neurological Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, 90033, USA
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 12:689-99. 2003..the clinical perspective and summarizes ongoing work aimed at exploring the intriguing possibility of autologous transplantation, whereby neural stem cells can be harvested from adult patients, expanded or modified in vitro in ..
- Progressive disease following autologous transplantation in patients with chemosensitive relapsed or primary refractory Hodgkin's disease or aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphomaT Kewalramani
Department of Medicine, Lymphoma and Hematology Services, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:673-9. 2003....
- In adults with standard-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia, the greatest benefit is achieved from a matched sibling allogeneic transplantation in first complete remission, and an autologous transplantation is less effective than conventional consolidation/Anthony H Goldstone
North London Cancer Network, University College London Hospitals, London, United Kingdom
Blood 111:1827-33. 2008..the role of allogeneic transplantation for adults with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and compare autologous transplantation with standard chemotherapy...
- BEAM allogeneic transplantation for patients with Hodgkin's disease who relapse after autologous transplantation is safe and effectiveJulian P Cooney
BMT Program, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:177-82. 2003Because few patients failing autologous transplantation for Hodgkin's disease survive long-term, we explored reduced-intensity allografts using BEAM conditioning and early withdrawal of immunosuppression as an alternative to palliative ..
- Prolonged remission of neuro-Behcet disease following autologous transplantationA De Cata
Department of Internal Medicine, IRCCS, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Foggia, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 20:91-6. 2007..Immune ablation followed by APBSCT can modify the course of severe N-BD. Because of the high risk and the transplant-related mortality, these cases have to be carefully selected...
- Allogeneic and autologous transplantation for haematological diseases, solid tumours and immune disorders: current practice in Europe 2009P Ljungman
Department of Haematology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Bone Marrow Transplant 45:219-34. 2010..The introduction of alternative therapies, such as imatinib for CML, has challenged well-established indications. An updated report with revised tables and operating definitions is presented...
- Tandem high-dose chemotherapy followed by autologous transplantation in patients with locally advanced or metastatic sarcomaAshkan Lashkari
City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Division of Medical Oncology, 1500 E Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Anticancer Res 29:3281-8. 2009..The purpose of our phase II study was to assess the feasibility, safety and efficacy of tandem high-dose chemotherapy (HDCT) followed by autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT) in such patients...
- Controversies in the treatment of lymphoma with autologous transplantationAlison J Moskowitz
Lymphoma Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Oncologist 14:921-9. 2009....
- Sustained high-level polyclonal hematopoietic marking and transgene expression 4 years after autologous transplantation of rhesus macaques with SIV lentiviral vector-transduced CD34+ cellsYoo Jin Kim
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health NIH, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Blood 113:5434-43. 2009....
- Complete remission status before autologous stem cell transplantation is an important prognostic factor in patients with multiple myeloma undergoing upfront single autologous transplantationJin Seok Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:463-70. 2009..Our findings suggest that the development of more effective induction regimens, including novel antimyeloma agents to improve initial response, should be pursued to enhance clinical benefits post-ASCT...
- Paracrine action enhances the effects of autologous mesenchymal stem cell transplantation on vascular regeneration in rat model of myocardial infarctionYao Liang Tang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, St Petersburg, Florida, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 80:229-36; discussion 236-7. 2005..We hypothesize that transplantation of MSCs enhances vascular regeneration through a paracrine action...
- Efficacy of autologous transplantation of noncultured epidermal suspension in two different dilutions in the treatment of vitiligoGeeta R Tegta
Department of Dermatology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Int J Dermatol 45:106-10. 2006..01) in Group A than in Group B. CONCLUSION: We contend that the minimum number of melanocytes required to produce satisfactory repigmentation is probably in the range of 210-250/mm(2)...
- Iliac crest bone graft harvest donor site morbidity. A statistical evaluationJ C Banwart
Section of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:1055-60. 1995..The findings suggest that procedural refinements of limiting subcutaneous dissection and providing layered tension-free incision closure may improve results...
- Impact of different strategies of second-line stem cell harvest on the outcome of autologous transplantation in poor peripheral blood stem cell mobilizersR Goterris
Hematology and Medical Oncology Service, , University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:847-53. 2005..PBSC harvest yielded significantly more CD34+ cells than BM collection. Autologous transplantation was performed in 30, 23 and 11 patients from groups A, B and C, respectively...
- Transendocardial, autologous bone marrow cell transplantation for severe, chronic ischemic heart failureEmerson C Perin
Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Tex, USA
Circulation 107:2294-302. 2003....
- Risk-adapted craniospinal radiotherapy followed by high-dose chemotherapy and stem-cell rescue in children with newly diagnosed medulloblastoma (St Jude Medulloblastoma-96): long-term results from a prospective, multicentre trialAmar Gajjar
Department of Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Lancet Oncol 7:813-20. 2006..We aimed to investigate the effectiveness of risk-adapted radiotherapy followed by a shortened period of dose-intense chemotherapy in children with medulloblastoma...
- Prognostic importance of the axillary lymph node ratio in autologous transplantation for high-risk stage II/III breast cancerB Bolwell
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, and Transplant Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 27:843-6. 2001..0001 and P = 0.004, respectively). We conclude that patients having a node ratio of < 0.7 have a significantly better prognosis following autologous PBPC transplantation than do patients with a ratio > or = 0.7...
- Direct intramyocardial percutaneous delivery of autologous bone marrow in patients with refractory myocardial anginaCarlo Briguori
Vita-Salute University School of Medicine, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Am Heart J 151:674-80. 2006..Myocardial perfusion in the target regions improved in 4 of 8 patients. CONCLUSIONS: Direct percutaneous intramyocardial delivery of ABM appears feasible and safe. Further evaluation is warranted to test its clinical efficacy...
- Fat grafting to the breast revisited: safety and efficacySydney R Coleman
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10013, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 119:775-85; discussion 786-7. 2007..As discussions of fat grafting to the breast are surfacing all over the world, it is time to reexamine the opinions of the 1987 American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons position paper...
- High-dose therapy with single autologous transplantation versus chemotherapy for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsJohn Koreth
Division of Hematologic Malignancies, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:183-96. 2007..96). The totality of the randomized data indicates PFS benefit but not OS benefit for HDT with single autologous transplantation performed early in multiple myeloma...
- Autologous transplantation of the retinal pigment epithelium and choroid in the treatment of neovascular age-related macular degenerationRobert E MacLaren
Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London, UK
Ophthalmology 114:561-70. 2007To assess excision of choroidal new vessels (CNV) combined with autologous transplantation of the equatorial retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) as a means of restoring vision for patients with acute neovascular age-related macular ..
- Early lymphocyte recovery predicts longer survival after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in multiple myelomaH Kim
Division of Hematology-Oncology, Ulsan University Hospital, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Ulsan, Korea
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:1037-42. 2006..031) and prolonged PFS (P=0.011), and that serum beta2-microglobulin was marginally significant for prolonged OS (P=0.066). In conclusion, ALC recovery was an independent predictor of both OS and PFS in MM...
- Infections after CD34-selected or unmanipulated autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantationPascale Frère
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Eur J Haematol 76:102-8. 2006..The role of extended infection prophylaxis should be evaluated...
- Apheresis instrument settings influence infused absolute lymphocyte count affecting survival following autologous peripheral hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: the need to optimize instrument setting and define a lymphocyteR Katipamula
Division of Transfusion Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:811-7. 2006..These data suggest that apheresis instrument settings should be optimized to collect CD34(+) cells as well as an A-ALC target, with direct impact on survival post-APHSCT...
- Maintenance therapy with thalidomide improves overall survival after autologous hematopoietic progenitor cell transplantation for multiple myelomaBrett T Brinker
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Cancer 106:2171-80. 2006..Further prospective trials are underway to confirm the benefit of thalidomide in the posttransplantation setting...
- Histological evaluation of the influence of magnetic field application in autogenous bone grafts in ratsEdela Puricelli
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Unit, Hospital de Clinicas de P A, School of Dentistry, UFRGS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Head Face Med 5:1. 2009..This work aimed to assess the quality of bone healing in surgical cavities filled with autogenous bone grafts, under the influence of a permanent magnetic field produced by in vivo buried devices...
- Early lymphocyte recovery after autologous stem cell transplantation predicts superior survival in mantle-cell lymphomaC Joao
Hematology Department, Portuguese Institute of Oncology, Lisbon, Portugal
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:865-71. 2006..0006, respectively). Multivariate analysis demonstrated ALC-15 to be an independent prognostic factor for OS and PFS. The ALC-15 >or=500 cells/microl is associated with a significantly improved clinical outcome following ASCT in MCL...
- Membrane-seeded autologous chondrocytes: cell viability and characterization at surgeryAntonio Gigante
Department of Orthopaedics, Polytechnic University of Marche, Via Tronto 10, 60020 Ancona, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15:88-92. 2007..These data reassure in that the MACI procedure provides a suitable engineered tissue for cartilage repair, in line with the clinical evidences emerging in the literature...
- Autologous cartilage implantation for full thickness articular cartilage defects of the kneeJ Wasiak
Alfred Hospital, Victorian Adult Burns Service, Commercial Road, Prahran, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD003323. 2006..An alternative is the surgical implantation of healthy cartilage cells into damaged areas (autologous cartilage implantation)...
- Orthotopic transplantation of fresh ovarian cortex: a report of two casesJacques Donnez
Department of Gynecology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Fertil Steril 84:1018. 2005..To report two cases of orthotopic transplantation of fresh ovarian tissue...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for autoimmunity induces immunologic self-tolerance by reprogramming autoreactive T cells and restoring the CD4+CD25+ immune regulatory networkIsme de Kleer
University Medical Center Utrecht, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, Home Mailbox KC 03 063 0, Department of Pediatric Immunology, PO Box 85090, 3508 AB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 107:1696-702. 2006....
- Randomized controlled trials of autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for autoimmune diseases: the evolution from myeloablative to lymphoablative transplant regimensRichard K Burt
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60011, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:3750-60. 2006
- Percutaneous intracoronary cellular cardiomyoplasty for nonischemic cardiomyopathy: clinical and histopathological results: the first-in-man ABCD (Autologous Bone Marrow Cells in Dilated Cardiomyopathy) trialSandeep Seth
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:2350-1. 2006
- Donor-site morbidity after osteochondral autologous transplantation for lesions of the talusJ Paul
Abteilung für Sportorthopädie, Klinikum rechts der Isar, TU Munchen, Connollystrasse 32, 80809 München, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:1683-8. 2009..One disadvantage of this technique is the need to harvest a donor graft from a normal knee. The potentially detrimental effect of graft harvest on knee function remains unclear...
- The impact of ex vivo cytokine stimulation on engraftment of primitive hematopoietic cells in a non-human primate modelC E Dunbar
Molecular Hematopoiesis Section, Hematology Branch, NHLBI, NIH, Building 10, Room 7C103, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 938:236-44; discussion 244-5. 2001..Our group has used the non-human primate autologous transplantation model and genetic marking to investigate a number of questions in hematopoiesis with direct relevance to ..
- Inflammatory responses after intracoronary injection of autologous mononuclear bone marrow cells in patients with acute myocardial infarctionSvein Solheim
Department of Cardiology, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Am Heart J 155:55.e1-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of intracoronary injection of mBMC on inflammatory mediators in patients with acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- Clinical outcome after autologous transplantation in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma patients with high international prognostic index (IPI)S Cortelazzo
Division of Hematology, Ospedali Riuniti di Bergamo, Italy
Ann Oncol 10:427-32. 1999....
- Intensive induction chemotherapy followed by high dose chemotherapy with autologous hematopoietic progenitor cell rescue in young children newly diagnosed with central nervous system atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumorsSharon L Gardner
Department of Pediatrics, New York University, New York, New York 10016, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:235-40. 2008..Historically, surgery and standard dose chemotherapy have resulted in a median survival of 8.5 months from diagnosis...
- Early lymphocyte recovery predicts superior survival after autologous stem cell transplantation in non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a prospective studyLuis F Porrata
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:807-16. 2008..This is the first study confirming the ALC-15 survival role prospectively and identifying NK cells as the key ALC-15 lymphocyte subset affecting survival after APHSCT...
- A prospective PETHEMA study of tandem autologous transplantation versus autograft followed by reduced-intensity conditioning allogeneic transplantation in newly diagnosed multiple myelomaLaura Rosinol
Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Blood 112:3591-3. 2008..This trial is registered at ClinicalTrials.gov ID number NCT00560053...
- Accelerated telomere shortening precedes development of therapy-related myelodysplasia or acute myelogenous leukemia after autologous transplantation for lymphomaSujata Chakraborty
Department of Stem Cell and Leukemia Research, Division of Population Sciences, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:791-8. 2009..Here, we investigated the hypothesis that accelerated telomere shortening after aHCT could contribute to the development of t-MDS/AML...
- [Our first experiences with autologous transplantation of bone marrow stem cells to treat pseudarthrosis, delayed fracture healing and long bone defects fracture]M Sir
Traumatologické centrum FN Ostrava
Vnitr Lek 55:187-9. 2009..The results from this small sample of patients are not yet available. However, we are sharing our first experiences with this treatment option...
- Amniotic membrane as a substrate for cultivating limbal corneal epithelial cells for autologous transplantation in rabbitsN Koizumi
Department of Ophthalmology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan
Cornea 19:65-71. 2000..To examine the viability of using human amniotic membrane as substrate for culturing corneal epithelial cells and transplanting them onto severely injured rabbit eyes...
- Autologous chondrocyte implantation: a comparison between an open periosteal-covered and an arthroscopic matrix-guided techniqueMassimiliano Manfredini
Operative Unit of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Del Delta Hospital, Via Valle Oppio, Lagosanto, Italy
Acta Orthop Belg 73:207-18. 2007..Both Carticel and Hyalograft C implantation techniques seem to lead to comparable short- and medium-term results. Moreover, this study confirmed that MRI is a valid tool in the follow-up evaluation of autologous chondrocyte implantation...
- CD4+ T lymphocyte counts after autologous transplantation in multiple myeloma: a retrospective studyMarcus Gorschlüter
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 48:506-12. 2007..Opportunistic infections were rare. This analysis suggests that patients with CD4+ T lymphocyte counts < 100/microl may have a poorer prognosis...
- Early lymphocyte recovery following autologous peripheral stem cell transplantation is associated with better survival in younger patients with lymphoproliferative disordersM R Boulassel
Division of Hematology, McGill University Health Centre, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Que, H3A 1A1 Canada
Hematology 11:165-70. 2006..A shorter time from diagnosis to APSCT may favor recovery of ALC independent of the infused stem cell or lymphocyte doses...
- The results of consolidation with autologous stem-cell transplantation in patients with peripheral T-cell lymphoma (PTCL) in first complete remission: the Spanish Lymphoma and Autologous Transplantation Group experienceJ Rodriguez
Service of Oncology, Hospital Universitario Son Dureta, Av Andrea Doria 55, Palma de Mallorca 07014, Spain
Ann Oncol 18:652-7. 2007..Consolidation with autologous stem-cell transplantation (ASCT) may improve survival. We present 74 patients transplanted in first complete response (CR) from the Spanish Lymphoma and Autologous Transplantation Group cooperative group.
- Harvesting and autotransplantation of vascularized ovarian grafts: approaches and techniquesMohamed A Bedaiwy
Minimally Invasive Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 14:360-71. 2007..The inferior epigastric vessel is probably the most suitable heterotopic vascularizing vessel. End-to-end anastomosis yields the highest patency rate of vascularized grafts...
- Long-term outcome of Hodgkin disease patients following high-dose busulfan, etoposide, cyclophosphamide, and autologous stem cell transplantationNavin Wadehra
Division of Hematology and Oncology, The Ohio State University Hospitals, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:1343-9. 2006..This novel Bu regimen is comparable to other radiation-free preparative regimens in its effectiveness in the control of HD and with a low-risk of early treatment-related mortality...
- Treatment of mantle cell lymphoma: current approach and future directionsJoshua Brody
Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology, Stanford University Medical Center, Clinical Cancer Center, 875 Blake Wilbur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 58:257-65. 2006....
- Stem cell transplantation in Hodgkin lymphomaFelicity Murphy
Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5PT, UK
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 7:297-306. 2007..For patients with multiple relapses and chemotherapy refractory disease, novel approaches are necessary...
- Intensive chemotherapy (high-dose CHOP/ESHAP regimen) followed by autologous stem-cell transplantation in previously untreated patients with peripheral T-cell lymphomaS Mercadal
Department of Hematology, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Ann Oncol 19:958-63. 2008..Aim: To analyze toxicity, response and outcome of a phase II trial with intensive chemotherapy plus autologous stem-cell transplantation (ASCT) for young patients with peripheral T-cell lymphoma (PTCL)...
- Patterns of survival in multiple myeloma: a population-based study of patients diagnosed in Sweden from 1973 to 2003Sigurdur Yngvi Kristinsson
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Karolinska University Hospital and Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Oncol 25:1993-9. 2007..To define patterns of survival among all multiple myeloma (MM) patients diagnosed in Sweden during a 30-year period...
- Reduced-intensity allogeneic transplantation in patients with refractory or progressive Hodgkin's disease after high-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell infusionElisabetta Todisco
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Eur J Haematol 78:322-9. 2007..We analysed the feasibility and efficacy of allogeneic stem cell transplantation (allo-SCT) with reduced-intensity conditioning (RIC) in patients with refractory or progressive Hodgkin's disease (HD) after high-dose chemotherapy (HDCT)...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation after complete remission and first consolidation in acute myeloid leukemia patients aged 61-70 years: results of the prospective EORTC-GIMEMA AML-13 studyXavier Thomas
Department of Hematology, Edouard Herriot Hospital, 69437 Lyon Cedex 03, France
Haematologica 92:389-96. 2007..We evaluate the outcome of this post-remission approach after complete remission (CR) and consolidation in elderly patients included in the EORTC-GIMEMA AML-13 trial...
- [Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in multiple myeloma]Jorge Vela-Ojeda
Hospital de Especialidades Centro Medico La Raza, IMSS
Rev Invest Clin 57:305-13. 2005....
- Long-term follow-up of patients with peripheral T-cell lymphomas treated up-front with high-dose chemotherapy followed by autologous stem cell transplantationP Corradini
Divisione di Ematologia, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Universita di Milano, Milano, Italy
Leukemia 20:1533-8. 2006....
- Nonmyeloablative unrelated donor hematopoietic cell transplantation to treat patients with poor-risk, relapsed, or refractory multiple myelomaGeorge E Georges
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue N, D1 100, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:423-32. 2007..chemotherapy-refractory disease, and 14 (58%) experienced disease relapse or progression after previous autologous transplantation. Thirteen patients underwent planned autologous transplantation followed 43-135 days later with ..
- Efficacy of high-dose therapy and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for mantle cell lymphomaNoel Laudi
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Am J Hematol 81:519-24. 2006..No autologous transplant-related deaths occurred. Allogeneic transplant-related mortality was 29% (95% CI 6-52%) at 1 and 5 years. HSCT for MCL can yield extended disease control and long-term survival...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation in myelodysplastic syndromesTheo de Witte
Department of Hematology, Radboud University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, and Bone Marrow Transplantation, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Semin Hematol 44:274-7. 2007..Further development of precise prognostic classification systems, including an accurate evaluation of cytogenetic/molecular response to chemotherapy, is needed to develop a risk-adapted strategy for individual patients...
- Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for adults with acute myeloid leukemia in complete remission: the Edouard Herriot Hospital experienceAnne-Sophie Michallet
, , Lyon, France
Hematology 11:157-64. 2006..Results in adults who experience a relapse after conventional chemotherapy support the use of autologous HSCT as salvage therapy if such patients achieve a subsequent CR...
- Primary therapy for adults with T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma with hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation results in favorable outcomesK W Song
The Leukemia Bone Marrow Transplant Program of British Columbia, The Vancouver Hospital and Health Science Center, Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency and University of British Columbia, Canada
Ann Oncol 18:535-40. 2007..We conducted an intention-to-treat analysis of the strategy of SCT as definitive treatment of T-LBL...
- The role of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in non-Hodgkin lymphomaMary Lee H Villanueva
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Oncology Hematology, 987680 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 4:521-30. 2006..This review focuses on studies evaluating the role of stem cell transplantation in non-Hodgkin lymphoma...
- The adjusted International Prognostic Index and beta-2-microglobulin predict the outcome after autologous stem cell transplantation in relapsing/refractory peripheral T-cell lymphomaJose Rodriguez
Oncology Department, University Hospital Son Dureta, Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain
Haematologica 92:1067-74. 2007..The aim of our study was to analyze outcomes of a large series of patients with PTCL with a prolonged follow-up who received ASCT as salvage therapy...
- The role of high-dose chemotherapy supported by hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in patients with multiple myeloma: implications for nursingAnna Liza Rodriguez
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Tranplantation Inpatient Unit, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 11:579-89. 2007..This article discusses standard SCT in patients with MM and some of the new transplantation strategies, including tandem autologous SCTs and reduced-intensity nonmyeloablative allogeneic SCT, and their implications for nursing...
- Long-term results of autologous stem cell transplantation for primary refractory or relapsed Hodgkin's lymphomaNavneet S Majhail
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Divisions of Medical and Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:1065-72. 2006..A risk-adapted approach should be followed in determining treatment options for patients with PR REF and REL HL...
- High-dose chemotherapy followed by autologous stem cell transplantation for relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma: prognostic features and outcomesBrian G Engelhardt
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 48:1728-35. 2007..04). We have confirmed that HDT and ASCT result in long-term survival for a proportion of patients with relapsed or refractory HL. All patients, including those with primary refractory disease, benefited from HDT and ASCT...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for chronic lymphocytic leukemiaPeter Dreger
Department of Medicine V, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany, and Department of Hematology, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Semin Hematol 44:246-51. 2007..A significant risk of secondary neoplasms, in particular myelodysplasias, has to be taken into account. Therefore, ASCT cannot be considered as standard treatment for CLL and should be performed only in the context of clinical trials...
- Optimal post-remission therapy for flow-cytometry minimal residual disease positive adult patients with acute myeloid leukemiaFrancesco Buccisano
Haematologica 91:ELT14; author reply ELT15. 2006
- Acute myeloid leukemia and the position of autologous stem cell transplantationDimitri A Breems
Department of Hematology, Hospital Network Antwerp, General Hospital Stuivenberg, Antwerp, Belgium, and Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Semin Hematol 44:259-66. 2007..To fully appreciate the role of autologous PBSC transplantation, the results of a recently closed randomized trial must be awaited...
- Post-remission treatment for adult patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in first remission: is there a role for autologous stem cell transplantation?Roel Willemze
Department of Hematology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands, and University Hospital Center Rebro, Zagreb, Croatia
Semin Hematol 44:267-73. 2007..This finding may eventually have an impact on the overall survival rate. Currently, the main benefit of autoSCT may be its short duration compared with the continuation chemotherapy regimen...
- Repetitive cycles of high-dose cytarabine are effective for childhood acute myeloid leukemia: long-term outcome of the children with AML treated on two consecutive trials of Tokyo Children's Cancer Study GroupDaisuke Tomizawa
Department of Pediatrics and Developmental Biology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Pediatr Blood Cancer 49:127-32. 2007..We here report the long-term results of the two consecutive trials of Tokyo Children's Cancer Study Group (TCCSG), incorporating repetitive use of high-dose cytarabine (HD-Ara-C) based combination chemotherapy in post-remission phase...
- Efficacy of up-front treatment with a double stem cell transplantation in multiple myelomaKi-Seong Eom
Catholic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Center, St Mary's Hospital, Catholic University of Korea, Youngdungpo-gu, Seoul 150-713, South Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 36:432-8. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: A second SCT is the most significant factor for an improved PFS and OS after the first ASCT (P < 0.001, respectively). Up-front double SCT is needed to improve the OS and PFS in patients with MM...
- A pilot study of addition of amifostine to melphalan, carboplatin, etoposide, and cyclophosphamide with autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in pediatric solid tumors-A pediatric blood and marrow transplant consortium studyM Fevzi Ozkaynak
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hematology Oncology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 30:204-9. 2008..i.d. for 4 days can be administered with a double alkylator regimen consisting of melphalan (200 mg/m), cyclophosphamide (up to 3800 mg/m), carboplatin (1200 mg/m), and etoposide (800 mg/m) with manageable toxicities...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for acute lymphocytic leukemia in adultsT G Martin
Department of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 15:121-43. 2001..These trials should compare autologous transplantation to newer more intensive chemotherapy regimens and should take into account the heterogeneity of ALL...
- 'Relative' chemotherapy sensitivity: the impact of number of salvage regimens prior to autologous stem cell transplant for relapsed and refractory aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphomaC I Chen
The University of Toronto Autologous Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Canada
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:885-91. 2002..We conclude that high-dose therapy with ABMT is appropriate for lymphoma patients even when disease reduction requires repeated numbers of salvage regimens...
- Voriconazole in the management of invasive aspergillosis in two patients with acute myeloid leukemia undergoing stem cell transplantationD Mattei
Hematology Department, S Croce Hospital, Cuneo, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:967-70. 2002....
- Prognostic factors in allogeneic transplantation for patients with high-risk multiple myeloma after reduced intensity conditioningChoon Kee Lee
The Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy, The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Exp Hematol 31:73-80. 2003..The aim of this study was to identify prognostic factors for outcome of high-risk patients with multiple myeloma after allogeneic transplantation prepared by reduced intensity conditioning (RIC)...
- Significant and persistent loss of bone mineral density in the femoral neck after haematopoietic stem cell transplantation: long-term follow-up of a prospective studyMaher K Gandhi
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Cambridge, UK
Br J Haematol 121:462-8. 2003..In conclusion, significant and persistent bone loss at the femoral neck was demonstrated in this group of patients following stem cell transplantation. The implications of these findings for future fracture risk require further study...
- Allografting after nonmyeloablative conditioning as a treatment after a failed conventional hematopoietic cell transplantLyle C Feinstein
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98109-1024, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:266-72. 2003..4; P =.04). Although the length of follow-up is still short, it appears that encouraging outcomes can be achieved with nonmyeloablative conditioning in patients expected to have poor outcomes with conventional allografting...
- Management of multiple myeloma: a systematic review and critical appraisal of published studiesAmbuj Kumar
Interdisciplinary Oncology Program of the H Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Lancet Oncol 4:293-304. 2003..We conclude that the quality of total evidence supporting treatment recommendations in myeloma is modest at best and has an ample scope for improvement...
- The presence of an HLA-identical sibling donor has no impact on outcome of patients with high-risk MDS or secondary AML (sAML) treated with intensive chemotherapy followed by transplantation: results of a prospective study of the EORTC, EBMT, SAKK and GIMM Oosterveld
1University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Leukemia 17:859-68. 2003..sibling donor were scheduled for allogeneic transplantation and patients lacking a donor for autologous transplantation. In all, 159 patients alive at 8 weeks from the start of treatment were included in the present analysis...
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for non-Hodgkin's lymphomaLeona A Holmberg
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, School of Medicine, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 17:627-32, 635, 640; discussion 640-2. 2003..The use of nonmyeloablative allogeneic transplants as treatment for NHL is less well studied and remains to be defined...
- [Intensive treatment of multiple myeloma]Jean-Luc Harousseau
, CHU de Nantes, Place Alexis Ricordeau-44093 Nantes
Bull Acad Natl Med 187:405-13; discussion 413-5. 2003..Therefore, the objectives of current studies are to reduce transplant related mortality by using earlier BMT, better selection of patients, better graft-versus host prophylaxis or non myeloablative conditioning regimens...
- High-dose therapy and bone marrow transplantation in cutaneous T-cell lymphomaYu Oyama
Division of Immunotherapy, Department of Medicine, The Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University 320 East Superior, Searle 3 489, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 17:1475-83, xi. 2003..Allogeneic HSCT, in contrast, provides durable long-term remissions and is currently the only potentially curative therapy...
- Transplantation as salvage therapy for high-risk patients with myeloma in relapseC-K Lee
The Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy, The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:873-8. 2002..001). Their survival at 2 years post-ST was 43%, 17% and 11%, respectively. Our study suggests further transplantation should only be considered in the setting of a clinical trial in patients with favorable prognostic factors...
- Factors influencing outcome and incidence of long-term complications in children who underwent autologous stem cell transplantation for acute myeloid leukemia in first complete remissionFranco Locatelli
Oncoematologia Pediatrica, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Policlinico San Matteo, Universita di Pavia, Italy
Blood 101:1611-9. 2003..The results obtained in this analysis can be of help in designing prospective studies of autologous HSCT in children with AML in first CR...
- Stem cell-mediated delivery of neurotrophic factors for treatment of glaucomaDonald S Sakaguchi; Fiscal Year: 2010..First, MSCs can be easily isolated, cultured, and propagated as a source of adult stem cells for autologous transplantation, inciting minimal host immune response...
- GENE THERAPY FOR INHERITED JAUNDICEJayanta Roy Chowdhury; Fiscal Year: 1993..Because the method involves autologous transplantation, immune rejection is not a problem and immunosuppression will not be needed...
- ICE-FREE PRESERVATION OF OVARIES FOR LONG-TERM FECUNDITYYing Song; Fiscal Year: 2004..Cryopreservation of ovarian tissue prior to initiation of cancer therapy, followed by autologous transplantation or in vitro maturation and in vitro fertilization after remission, could provide a means of protecting ..
- PROLIFERATIVE CAPACITY AND RADIOBIOLOGY OF STEM CELLSPeter Mauch; Fiscal Year: 1999..For autologous transplantation, especially when transplantation is being proposed for correction of genetic disorders, there may be an ..
- Anti-TfR IgG3-Av: A New Drug Against Multiple MyelomaMANUEL PENICHET; Fiscal Year: 2009..efficient purging of myeloma cells during ex vivo expansion of hematopoietic progenitor-cells for use in autologous transplantation in MM patients...
- Anti-TfR IgG3-Av: A New Drug Against Multiple MyelomaMANUEL PENICHET; Fiscal Year: 2007..efficient purging of myeloma cells during ex vivo expansion of hematopoietic progenitor-cells for use in autologous transplantation in MM patients...
- Anti-TfR IgG3-Av: A New Drug Against Multiple MyelomaMANUEL PENICHET; Fiscal Year: 2007..efficient purging of myeloma cells during ex vivo expansion of hematopoietic progenitor-cells for use in autologous transplantation in MM patients...
- Keratin Gene Targeting for the Treatment of Epidermolysis BullosaDaniel G Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to correct the phenotype of EBS-patient keratinocytes and prepare them for autologous transplantation by using a gene targeting approach...
- PO2 AND PH AS POTENT MODULATORS OF HEMATOPOIESISELEFTHERIOS PAPOUTSAKIS; Fiscal Year: 2002..system to amplify hematopoietic progenitor cells could increase the number of patients eligible for autologous transplantation, allow use of cord blood hematopoietic cells to repopulate an adult, reduce the amount of bone marrow ..
- IMPROVED CONDITIONS FOR HUMAN HEMATOPOIETIC CELL CULTUREELEFTHERIOS PAPOUTSAKIS; Fiscal Year: 1993..system to amplify hematopoietic progenitor cells could increase the number of patients eligible for autologous transplantation, allow use of cord blood hematopoietic cells to repopulate an adult, reduce the amount of bone marrow ..
- AAV-mediated gene therapy for metabolic bone diseaseSelvarangan Ponnazhagan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thus, we hypothesize that autologous transplantation of culture-expanded MSC, transduced with rAAV encoding BMP-2 under the control of osteoprogenitor-..
- Symposium- Advances in Stem Cell TransplantationEdward Ball; Fiscal Year: 2003..myeloablative transplants may permit innovative approaches to stem cell transplantation including tandem autologous transplantation to achieve cytoreduction followed by non-myeloablative allogeneic transplants to achieve the ..
- MOLECULAR STUDY OF MPSI-GENE THERAPY IN CANINE MODELELIZABETH NEUFELD; Fiscal Year: 1993..The effects of autologous transplantation of genetically modified bone marrow on the course of the disease will be compared to the previously ..
- Bone Marrow Stem Cells: Novel Treatment of Human GliomaFrederick Lang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additionally, to better mimic autologous transplantation, the capacity of mMSCs to survive within and outside gliomas will be explored in syngeneic, ..
- Bone Marrow Stem Cells: Novel Treatment of Human GliomaFrederick F Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additionally, to better mimic autologous transplantation, the capacity of mMSCs to survive within and outside gliomas will be explored in syngeneic, ..
- Bone Marrow Stem Cells: Novel Treatment of Human GliomaFrederick Lang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Additionally, to better mimic autologous transplantation, the capacity of mMSCs to survive within and outside gliomas will be explored in syngeneic, ..
- MOLECULAR PATHOGENESIS/TREATMENT OF HYPOPHOSPHATASIAJose Luis Millan; Fiscal Year: 2003..results from mutations affecting different functional domains in the TNAP molecule and B) that autologous transplantation of ex vivo manipulated bone marrow osteoprogenitor stem cells may be a viable treatment modality for ..
- OSTEOGENIC MECHANISMS OF SHEDSongtao Shi; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, we develop optimal conditions to expand minipig SHED and utilize them for autologous transplantation to repair parietal defects, which is a necessary pre-clinical step to examine any efficacy and potential ..
- OSTEOGENIC MECHANISMS OF SHEDSongtao Shi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, we develop optimal conditions to expand minipig SHED and utilize them for autologous transplantation to repair parietal defects, which is a necessary pre-clinical step to examine any efficacy and potential ..