Genomes and Genes
Summary: Transplantation from another site in or on the body of the individual receiving it.
Publications228 found, 100 shown here
- Salvage regimens with autologous transplantation for relapsed large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab eraChristian Gisselbrecht
Hopital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 28:4184-90. 2010..Salvage regimens have never been compared; their efficacy in the rituximab era is unknown...
- Therapeutic angiogenesis for patients with limb ischaemia by autologous transplantation of bone-marrow cells: a pilot study and a randomised controlled trialEriko Tateishi-Yuyama
Department of Medicine II and Cardiovascular Centre, Kansai Medical University, Osaka, Japan
Lancet 360:427-35. 2002..We investigated efficacy and safety of autologous implantation of bone marrow-mononuclear cells in patients with ischaemic limbs because of peripheral arterial disease...
- Iliac crest bone graft harvest donor site morbidity. A statistical evaluationJ C Banwart
Section of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:1055-60. 1995..The findings suggest that procedural refinements of limiting subcutaneous dissection and providing layered tension-free incision closure may improve results...
- Bortezomib as induction before autologous transplantation, followed by lenalidomide as consolidation-maintenance in untreated multiple myeloma patientsAntonio Palumbo
Divisione di Ematologia dell Universita di Torino, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria San Giovanni Battista, Via Genova 3, 10126 Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 28:800-7. 2010PURPOSE To evaluate the effect of bortezomib as induction therapy before autologous transplantation, followed by lenalidomide as consolidation-maintenance in myeloma patients...
- Autologous chondrocyte implantation compared with microfracture in the knee. A randomized trialGunnar Knutsen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital Tromsø, 9038 Tromsø, Norway
J Bone Joint Surg Am 86:455-64. 2004..The objective of the present study was to compare autologous chondrocyte implantation with microfracture in a randomized trial. We are not aware of any previous randomized studies comparing these methods...
- Specific induction of neuronal cells from bone marrow stromal cells and application for autologous transplantationMari Dezawa
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
J Clin Invest 113:1701-10. 2004..This study shows that a population of neuronal cells can be specifically generated from MSCs and that induced cells may allow for a neuroreconstructive approach...
- Corneal reconstruction with tissue-engineered cell sheets composed of autologous oral mucosal epitheliumKohji Nishida
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Osaka, Japan
N Engl J Med 351:1187-96. 2004..We studied the use of autologous oral mucosal epithelial cells as a source of cells for the reconstruction of the corneal surface...
- Three-, 6-, and 12-month results of autologous transplantation of mononuclear bone marrow cells in patients with acute myocardial infarctionJaroslav Meluzin
1st Department of Internal Medicine Cardioangiology, St Anna Hosp, MU Czech Republic
Int J Cardiol 128:185-92. 2008..There are only few data on long-term effectiveness of the stem cell therapy...
- Allogeneic and autologous transplantation for haematological diseases, solid tumours and immune disorders: current practice in Europe 2009P Ljungman
Department of Haematology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Bone Marrow Transplant 45:219-34. 2010..The introduction of alternative therapies, such as imatinib for CML, has challenged well-established indications. An updated report with revised tables and operating definitions is presented...
- Intense T cell depletion followed by autologous bone marrow transplantation for severe multiple sclerosisJ P A Samijn
Department of Neurology, MS Centre ErasErasmus MC, Postbox 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 77:46-50. 2006..Certain stem cell transplantation procedures might slow down inflammatory pathology in multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- Yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan doses calculated to deliver up to 15 Gy to critical organs may be safely combined with high-dose BEAM and autologous transplantation in relapsed or refractory B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomaJane N Winter
Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1653-9. 2009..radiation-absorbed dose (RAD) to critical organs delivered by yttrium-90 ((90)Y) ibritumomab tiuxetan in combination with high-dose carmustine, etoposide, cytarabine, and melphalan (BEAM) chemotherapy with autologous transplantation.
- Idiotype-pulsed antigen-presenting cells following autologous transplantation for multiple myeloma may be associated with prolonged survivalMartha Q Lacy
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 84:799-802. 2009..This approach warrants further investigation to confirm this and define the role of vaccine therapy in myeloma...
- Poor mobilization of hematopoietic stem cells-definitions, incidence, risk factors, and impact on outcome of autologous transplantationPatrick Wuchter
Department of Internal Medicine V, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, Heidelberg, Germany
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:490-9. 2010..mobilization" (PM), we have analyzed the efficiency of mobilization in patients intended to receive autologous transplantation at our center in the past 6 years...
- A prospective, randomized clinical study of osteochondral autologous transplantation versus microfracture for the treatment of osteochondritis dissecans in the knee joint in childrenRimtautas Gudas
Kaunas University of Medicine, Kaunas, Lithuania
J Pediatr Orthop 29:741-8. 2009The aim of this study was to compare the outcomes of the arthroscopic mosaic-type osteochondral autologous transplantation (OAT) and microfracture (MF) procedures for the treatment of osteochondritis dissecans (OCD) defects of the femoral ..
- Impact of mobilization and remobilization strategies on achieving sufficient stem cell yields for autologous transplantationIskra Pusic
Washington University School of Medicine, Siteman Cancer Center, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1045-56. 2008..study we analyzed clinical records of 1834 patients who underwent stem cell mobilization for autologous transplantation from November 1995 to October 2006 at the Washington University in St. Louis...
- Safety analysis and improved cardiac function following local autologous transplantation of CD133(+) enriched bone marrow cells after myocardial infarctionHossein Ahmadi
Tehran Heart Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, I R Iran
Curr Neurovasc Res 4:153-60. 2007..Moreover, these cells might restore tissue viability and improve perfusion of the infarcted myocardium, suggesting that they may induce myogenesis as well as angiogenesis...
- Magnetically labeled mesenchymal stem cells after autologous transplantation into acutely injured liverXiao Lei Shi
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, The Affiliated Drum Tower Hospital of Nanjing University Medical School, No 321 Zhongshan Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 16:3674-9. 2010..To evaluate tracking of magnetically labeled mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) after intraportal transplantation...
- In adults with standard-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia, the greatest benefit is achieved from a matched sibling allogeneic transplantation in first complete remission, and an autologous transplantation is less effective than conventional consolidation/Anthony H Goldstone
North London Cancer Network, University College London Hospitals, London, United Kingdom
Blood 111:1827-33. 2008..the role of allogeneic transplantation for adults with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and compare autologous transplantation with standard chemotherapy...
- Repair of cartilage defect in the rabbit with cultured mesenchymal stem cells from bone marrowG I Im
Hallym University, Chunchon, Korea
J Bone Joint Surg Br 83:289-94. 2001..These findings suggest that repair of cartilage defects can be enhanced by the implantation of cultured mesenchymal stem cells...
- Treatment of focal articular cartilage defects in the knee: a systematic reviewRobert A Magnussen
Vanderbilt Orthopaedic Institute, 4200 Medical Center East, 1215 21st Avenue South, Suite 4200, Nashville, TN, 37232 8774, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:952-62. 2008..A large prospective trial investigating these techniques with the addition of a control group would be the best way to definitively address the clinical questions...
- Autologous transplantation of endothelial progenitor cells attenuates acute lung injury in rabbitsChen Fuh Lam
Department of Anesthesiology, National Cheng Kung University College of Medicine and Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
Anesthesiology 108:392-401. 2008..Here, the authors present the first study demonstrating the therapeutic potential of EPCs in a rabbit model of ALI/ARDS...
- Catheter-based autologous bone marrow myocardial injection in no-option patients with advanced coronary artery disease: a feasibility studyShmuel Fuchs
Cardiovascular Research Institute, MedStar Research Institute, Washington Hospital Center, 110 Irving Street NW, 4B 1, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1721-4. 2003..We conducted a pilot study to evaluate the feasibility of transendocardial delivery of autologous bone marrow (ABM) strategy in patients with severe symptomatic chronic myocardial ischemia not amenable to conventional revascularization...
- High dose sequential chemotherapy with autologous transplantation versus dose-dense chemotherapy MegaCEOP as first line treatment in poor-prognosis diffuse large cell lymphoma: an "Intergruppo Italiano Linfomi" randomized trialUmberto Vitolo
Ematologia, Azienda Ospedaliera S Giovanni Battista, Corso Bramante 88, 10126 Turin, Italy
Haematologica 90:793-801. 2005....
- Hematopoietic stem cell gene therapy with a lentiviral vector in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyNathalie Cartier
INSERM UMR745, University Paris Descartes, 75279 Paris, France
Science 326:818-23. 2009..Thus, lentiviral-mediated gene therapy of hematopoietic stem cells can provide clinical benefits in ALD...
- Second allogeneic transplantation after failure of first autologous transplantationJ P Radich
Clinical Research Division of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center University of Washington School of Medicine, 98109, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 6:272-9. 2000..allogeneic bone marrow transplantations (BMTs) in 59 patients aged 1-57 years who relapsed after initial autologous transplantation. Patients received a second transplantation for recurrent acute myeloid leukemia (AML) (n = 24), acute ..
- Autologous transplantation of EPCs encoding FGF1 gene promotes neovascularization in a porcine model of chronic myocardial ischemiaShu yan Chen
Department of Cardiology, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, No 1665 Kong Jiang Road, Shanghai 200092, China
Int J Cardiol 135:223-32. 2009..fibroblast growth factor (sp-FGF1) gene transfer may achieve functional improvement of EPCs and that autologous transplantation of sp-FGF1-modified EPCs can facilitate neovascularization in a porcine model of chronic myocardial ..
- Randomized controlled trials of autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for autoimmune diseases: the evolution from myeloablative to lymphoablative transplant regimensRichard K Burt
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60011, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:3750-60. 2006
- Allogeneic transplantation improves the overall and progression-free survival of Hodgkin lymphoma patients relapsing after autologous transplantation: a retrospective study based on the time of HLA typing and donor availabilityBarbara Sarina
Hematology Department, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Milano, Italy
Blood 115:3671-7. 2010Hodgkin lymphoma relapsing after autologous transplantation (autoSCT) has a dismal outcome. Allogeneic transplantation (alloSCT) using reduced intensity conditioning (RIC) is a salvage option, but its effectiveness is still unclear...
- Therapeutic angiogenesis in Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans) patients with critical limb ischemia by autologous transplantation of bone marrow mononuclear cellsVishnu Motukuru
Jain Institute of Vascular Sciences, Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain Hospital, Bangalore, India
J Vasc Surg 48:53S-60S; discussion 60S. 2008..We have reviewed our series of patients who underwent autologous bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation during the last 2 years...
- Autologous bone marrow-derived mononuclear cell therapy prevents the damage of viable myocardium and improves rat heart function following acute anterior myocardial infarctionHon Kan Yip
Division of Cardiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Circ J 72:1336-45. 2008..We examined the effects of bone marrow-derived mononuclear cells (BMDMNCs) on preventing viable myocardium damage from myocardial infarction (MI) in a rat MI model...
- A randomized trial comparing autologous chondrocyte implantation with microfracture. Findings at five yearsGunnar Knutsen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Tromsø, University Hospital North Norway, 9038 Tromsø, Norway
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:2105-12. 2007..The objective of this randomized trial was to compare autologous chondrocyte implantation with microfracture. This paper represents an update, with presentation of the clinical results at five years...
- Molecular remission after allogeneic or autologous transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells for multiple myelomaG Martinelli
Institute of Hematology and Medical Oncology Seragnoli, University of Bologna, Italy
J Clin Oncol 18:2273-81. 2000....
- Early autologous stem-cell transplantation versus conventional chemotherapy as front-line therapy in high-risk, aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: an Italian multicenter randomized trialMaurizio Martelli
Department of Cellular Biotechnology and Hematology, University La Sapienza of Rome, Italy
J Clin Oncol 21:1255-62. 2003..To evaluate the role of early intensification with high-dose therapy (HDT) and autologous stem-cell transplantation (ASCT) as front-line chemotherapy for patients with high-risk, histologically aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...
- Single versus double autologous stem-cell transplantation for multiple myelomaMichel Attal
Department of Hematology and Biostatistics, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
N Engl J Med 349:2495-502. 2003..We conducted a randomized trial of the treatment of multiple myeloma with high-dose chemotherapy followed by either one or two successive autologous stem-cell transplantations...
- Nonmyeloablative allogeneic hematopoietic transplantation: a promising salvage therapy for patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma whose disease has failed a prior autologous transplantationMaricer P Escalon
Department of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:2419-23. 2004Allogeneic transplantation for patients with lymphoma who experience a recurrence after an autologous transplantation has been considered a hazardous therapeutic choice...
- Autologous transplantation of muscle-derived CD133+ stem cells in Duchenne muscle patientsY Torrente
Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico of Milan, Department of Neurological Sciences, Dino Ferrari Center, University of Milan, Italy
Cell Transplant 16:563-77. 2007..Here we tested the safety of autologous transplantation of muscle-derived CD133+ cells in eight boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy in a 7-month, double-blind ..
- Prospective nonrandomized comparison of an allograft with bone morphogenic protein versus an iliac-crest autograft in anterior cervical discectomy and fusionGlenn Robin Buttermann
Midwest Spine Institute Stillwater, Spine Surgery Division, 1950 Curve Crest Blvd, Stillwater, MN 55115, USA
Spine J 8:426-35. 2008..This has led some surgeons to use alternatives to iliac bone graft, but often the alternatives have greater rates of nonunion and delayed union. Bone morphogenic protein (BMP) studies have found high arthrodesis rates in lumbar fusions...
- Autologous HSCT for severe progressive multiple sclerosis in a multicenter trial: impact on disease activity and quality of lifeRiccardo Saccardi
Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Careggi Hospital, University of Florence, Italy
Blood 105:2601-7. 2005..HSCT is able to induce a prolonged clinical stabilization in severe progressive MS patients, resulting in both sustained treatment-free periods and quality of life improvement...
- Osteochondral lesions of the talus: randomized controlled trial comparing chondroplasty, microfracture, and osteochondral autograft transplantationAlberto Gobbi
Orthopaedic Arthroscopic Surgery International, Milan, Italy
Arthroscopy 22:1085-92. 2006The purpose of this study was to compare outcomes of chondroplasty versus microfracture versus osteochondral autologous transplantation (OAT) in patients with osteochondral lesions of the talus (OLT).
- Arthroscopic autologous chondrocyte transplantation: technical noteM Marcacci
Laboratorio di Biomeccanica, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 10:154-9. 2002..The procedure includes the advantages of arthroscopic osteochondral grafting without donor site morbidity. With this technique is possible to reduce the patient morbidity, time and cost of surgery...
- Long-term follow-up results of IFM99-03 and IFM99-04 trials comparing nonmyeloablative allotransplantation with autologous transplantation in high-risk de novo multiple myelomaPhilippe Moreau
Blood 112:3914-5. 2008
- CD34+ selected autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for multiple sclerosis: report of toxicity and treatment results at one year of follow-up in 15 patientsEnric Carreras
BMT Unit, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Haematologica 88:306-14. 2003..We report the results of a phase II trial to evaluate feasibility and toxicity of CD34+ selected ASCT (CD34+/ASCT) and treatment results at one year of follow-up...
- Treatment of multiple myelomaBart Barlogie
Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Blood 103:20-32. 2004..Fundamental and clinical research should, therefore, focus on the molecular and biologic mechanisms of treatment failure in the high-risk subgroup...
- Allogeneic and autologous transplantation for haematological diseases, solid tumours and immune disorders: definitions and current practice in EuropeP Ljungman
Department of Hematology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:439-49. 2006..The introduction of alternative therapies has challenged well-established indications such as imatinib for chronic myeloid leukaemia. An updated report with revised tables and operating definitions is presented here...
- Autologous transplantation of porcine myogenic precursor cells in skeletal muscleNicolas Holzer
Department of Clinical Neurosciences and Dermatology, Geneva Faculty of Medicine and University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Neuromuscul Disord 15:237-44. 2005..b>Autologous transplantation of 3[H]-thymidine labeled porcine myogenic precursor cells indicated 60% survival at day 1 followed by a ..
- Impact of chromosome 13 deletion and plasma cell load on long-term survival of patients with multiple myeloma undergoing autologous transplantationEsbjörn Paul
Hematology Center, Karolinska University Hospital and Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Oncol Rep 22:137-42. 2009..020), whereas the plasma cell load had no effect on survival of patients with del(13). Overall, the absence of del(13) in combination with low plasma cell infiltration at diagnosis predicts the best survival...
- Peripheral blood stem cell mobilization by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor alone and engraftment kinetics following autologous transplantation in children and adolescents with solid tumorH Watanabe
Department of Pediatrics, University of Tokushima Graduate School of Medical Science, Tokushima, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:661-8. 2006....
- Human islet isolation for autologous transplantation: comparison of yield and function using SERVA/Nordmark versus Roche enzymesT Anazawa
Schulze Diabetes Institute, Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Am J Transplant 9:2383-91. 2009..The SN and LH enzymes are associated with similar outcomes for IAT. Further optimization of the collagenase/neutral protease ratio is necessary to reduce the number of embedded islets obtained when using the SN enzyme...
- Occult tumor contamination of hematopoietic stem-cell products does not affect clinical outcome of autologous transplantation in patients with metastatic breast cancerB W Cooper
Department of Medicine, Ireland Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:3509-17. 1998..To determine whether occult tumor contamination of autologous bone marrow or peripheral-blood progenitor cells (PBPC) influences clinical outcome after high-dose chemotherapy in patients with stage IV breast cancer...
- Plerixafor (Mozobil) alone to mobilize hematopoietic stem cells from multiple myeloma patients for autologous transplantationNeal Flomenberg
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:695-700. 2010..Further research into single agent use should focus on alternate route of administration as well as adjustment of the timing of the apheresis to improve cell HSC yield...
- Intracoronary bone marrow-derived progenitor cells in acute myocardial infarctionVolker Schachinger
Department of Internal Medicine III, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
N Engl J Med 355:1210-21. 2006..Pilot trials suggest that the intracoronary administration of autologous progenitor cells may improve left ventricular function after acute myocardial infarction...
- Pilot trial of autologous dendritic cells loaded with tumor lysate(s) from allogeneic tumor cell lines in patients with metastatic medullary thyroid carcinomaThomas Bachleitner-Hofmann
Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Oncol Rep 21:1585-92. 2009..Combined treatment with different tumor cell lysate-pulsed DCs increases the likelihood of a calcitonin tumor marker response and should therefore be preferred over monotherapy with DCs pulsed with a single lysate...
- Heat-shock proteins and their role in chondrocyte protection, an application for autologous transplantationD A Sawatzky
Experimental Pathology Group, William Harvey Research Institute, Saint Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary and Westfield College, Charterhouse Square, London, EC1M 6BQ, UK
Inflammopharmacology 12:569-89. 2005....
- Outcome of diffuse alveolar hemorrhage in hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsBekele Afessa
Department of Medicine, Divisions of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Hematology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:1364-8. 2002..This study shows that survival rate of hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients with diffuse alveolar hemorrhage is better than previously reported, and that early onset and autologous transplant are favorable prognostic indicators...
- Transendocardial, autologous bone marrow cell transplantation for severe, chronic ischemic heart failureEmerson C Perin
Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Tex, USA
Circulation 107:2294-302. 2003....
- Autologous transplantation of bone marrow mononuclear stem cells by mini-thoracotomy in dilated cardiomyopathy: technique and early resultsRenato Abdala Karam Kalil
Instituto de Cardiologia do Rio Grande do Sul, Fundação Universitária de Cardiologia, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 126:75-81. 2008..This study describes a novel technique of BMMC transplantation and the results up to one year after the procedure...
- Randomized comparison of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor versus granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor plus intensive chemotherapy for peripheral blood stem cell mobilization and autologous transplantation in multiple myelomaMukta Arora
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 10:395-404. 2004..colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) for peripheral blood stem cell mobilization followed by autologous transplantation. The major study end points were the comparative utility of G-CSF versus GM-CSF, the percentage of ..
- Autologous transplantation of RPE with partial-thickness choroid after mechanical debridement of Bruch membrane in the rabbitYuntao Hu
Peking University Eye Center, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:3185-92. 2008..An improved translocation technique for autologous retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) transplantation is presented. The graft consists of a sheet of a partial-thickness choroid with RPE attached...
- Cryopreservation of human brain tissue allowing timely production of viable adult human brain cells for autologous transplantationJean Francois Brunet
Department of Neurosurgery of Lausanne and Geneva University Medical School, Bugnon 46, 1011, Lausanne, Switzerland
Cryobiology 47:179-83. 2003b>Autologous transplantation is an attractive approach to treat some neurological diseases. A major obstacle is the capacity to produce cells for transplantation at the appropriate time...
- Photoreceptors repair by autologous transplantation of retinal pigment epithelium and partial-thickness choroid graft in rabbitsTaoran Zhang
Peking University Eye Center, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:2982-8. 2009..To investigate whether autologous retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) and a partial-thickness graft can repair degenerated photoreceptors overlying a mechanically damaged Bruch's membrane...
- Intensive induction chemotherapy followed by high dose chemotherapy with autologous hematopoietic progenitor cell rescue in young children newly diagnosed with central nervous system atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumorsSharon L Gardner
Department of Pediatrics, New York University, New York, New York 10016, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:235-40. 2008..Historically, surgery and standard dose chemotherapy have resulted in a median survival of 8.5 months from diagnosis...
- Long-term outcome of autologous transplantation of peripheral blood progenitor cells as postremission management of patients > or =60 years with acute myelogenous leukemiaAshkan Lashkari
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:466-71. 2006..To better understand the long-term outcome of autologous transplantation in AML patients > or =60 years of age, we evaluated high-dose chemoradiotherapy preparative conditioning ..
- Syngeneic hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a comparison with allogeneic and autologous transplantation--The Lymphoma Working Committee of the International Bone Marrow Transplant Registry and the European Group for BloodPhilip J Bierman
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 7680, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3744-53. 2003..To compare results of syngeneic, allogeneic, and autologous hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...
- A comparison of HLA-identical sibling allogeneic versus autologous transplantation for diffuse large B cell lymphoma: a report from the CIBMTRHillard M Lazarus
Department of Medicine, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:35-45. 2010....
- Reconstruction of damaged cornea by autologous transplantation of epidermal adult stem cellsXueyi Yang
Department of Life Sciences, Luoyang Normal University, Luoyang, China
Mol Vis 14:1064-70. 2008..Here, we report a new strategy for reconstructing the damaged corneal surface in a goat model of total limbal stem cell deficiency (LSCD) by autologous transplantation of epidermal adult stem cells (EpiASC).
- Shortened first-line high-dose chemotherapy for patients with poor-prognosis aggressive lymphomaChristian Gisselbrecht
Institut d Hematologie, GELA Hôpital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
J Clin Oncol 20:2472-9. 2002....
- Paracrine action enhances the effects of autologous mesenchymal stem cell transplantation on vascular regeneration in rat model of myocardial infarctionYao Liang Tang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, St Petersburg, Florida, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 80:229-36; discussion 236-7. 2005..We hypothesize that transplantation of MSCs enhances vascular regeneration through a paracrine action...
- Prolonged remission of neuro-Behcet disease following autologous transplantationA De Cata
Department of Internal Medicine, IRCCS, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Foggia, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 20:91-6. 2007..Immune ablation followed by APBSCT can modify the course of severe N-BD. Because of the high risk and the transplant-related mortality, these cases have to be carefully selected...
- Progressive disease following autologous transplantation in patients with chemosensitive relapsed or primary refractory Hodgkin's disease or aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphomaT Kewalramani
Department of Medicine, Lymphoma and Hematology Services, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:673-9. 2003....
- Controversies in the treatment of lymphoma with autologous transplantationAlison J Moskowitz
Lymphoma Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Oncologist 14:921-9. 2009....
- BEAM allogeneic transplantation for patients with Hodgkin's disease who relapse after autologous transplantation is safe and effectiveJulian P Cooney
BMT Program, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:177-82. 2003Because few patients failing autologous transplantation for Hodgkin's disease survive long-term, we explored reduced-intensity allografts using BEAM conditioning and early withdrawal of immunosuppression as an alternative to palliative ..
- Repair of articular cartilage defect by autologous transplantation of basic fibroblast growth factor gene-transduced chondrocytes with adeno-associated virus vectorNaoki Yokoo
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 52:164-70. 2005..To examine the effects of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) gene-transduced chondrocytes on the repair of articular cartilage defects...
- Complete remission status before autologous stem cell transplantation is an important prognostic factor in patients with multiple myeloma undergoing upfront single autologous transplantationJin Seok Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:463-70. 2009..Our findings suggest that the development of more effective induction regimens, including novel antimyeloma agents to improve initial response, should be pursued to enhance clinical benefits post-ASCT...
- Tandem high-dose chemotherapy followed by autologous transplantation in patients with locally advanced or metastatic sarcomaAshkan Lashkari
City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Division of Medical Oncology, 1500 E Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Anticancer Res 29:3281-8. 2009..The purpose of our phase II study was to assess the feasibility, safety and efficacy of tandem high-dose chemotherapy (HDCT) followed by autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT) in such patients...
- Sustained high-level polyclonal hematopoietic marking and transgene expression 4 years after autologous transplantation of rhesus macaques with SIV lentiviral vector-transduced CD34+ cellsYoo Jin Kim
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health NIH, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Blood 113:5434-43. 2009....
- Artificial niches for human adult neural stem cells: possibility for autologous transplantation therapyCharles Y Liu
Department of Neurological Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, 90033, USA
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 12:689-99. 2003..the clinical perspective and summarizes ongoing work aimed at exploring the intriguing possibility of autologous transplantation, whereby neural stem cells can be harvested from adult patients, expanded or modified in vitro in ..
- Efficacy of autologous transplantation of noncultured epidermal suspension in two different dilutions in the treatment of vitiligoGeeta R Tegta
Department of Dermatology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Int J Dermatol 45:106-10. 2006....
- Quality of life assessment in patients undergoing reduced intensity conditioning allogeneic as compared to autologous transplantation: results of a prospective studyM Diez-Campelo
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Paseo de San Vicente, S N, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 34:729-38. 2004..We have observed similar QOL among patients undergoing RIC-allo as compared to ASCT although GVHD remains an important 'event' in QOL...
- Therapeutic neovascularization by autologous transplantation with expanded endothelial progenitor cells from peripheral blood into ischemic hind limbsChun ling Fan
Shanghai Key Laboratory of Vascular Biology, Shanghai Institute of Hypertension, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200025, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 26:1069-75. 2005..To investigate the hypothesis that transplantation with expanded autologous endothelial progenitor cells (EPC) could enhance neovascularization...
- Negative selection of peripheral blood stem cells to support a tandem autologous transplantation programme in multiple myelomaAnna Maria Barbui
Divisione di Ematologia, Radioterapia and Centro Trasfusionale, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy
Br J Haematol 116:202-10. 2002..05), whereas the estimated overall survival was 83% in both arms. This suggests that autologous transplantation using efficiently purged PBSCs can be performed safely, but confirms the need for innovative protocols ..
- The morbidity associated with osteochondral harvest from asymptomatic knees for the treatment of osteochondral lesions of the talusSudheer Reddy
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Sports Med 35:80-5. 2007..Mosaic autogenous osteochondral transplantation has been used to treat large osteochondral defects...
- Direct intramyocardial percutaneous delivery of autologous bone marrow in patients with refractory myocardial anginaCarlo Briguori
Vita Salute University School of Medicine, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Am Heart J 151:674-80. 2006..Intramyocardial injection of autologous bone marrow (ABM) may induce angiogenesis. We tested the safety and feasibility of catheter-based direct percutaneous intramyocardial delivery of ABM in patients with refractory angina pectoris...
- Impact of different strategies of second-line stem cell harvest on the outcome of autologous transplantation in poor peripheral blood stem cell mobilizersR Goterris
Hematology and Medical Oncology Service, Hospital Clinico Universitario, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:847-53. 2005..PBSC harvest yielded significantly more CD34+ cells than BM collection. Autologous transplantation was performed in 30, 23 and 11 patients from groups A, B and C, respectively...
- Prognostic importance of the axillary lymph node ratio in autologous transplantation for high-risk stage II/III breast cancerB Bolwell
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, and Transplant Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 27:843-6. 2001..0001 and P = 0.004, respectively). We conclude that patients having a node ratio of < 0.7 have a significantly better prognosis following autologous PBPC transplantation than do patients with a ratio > or = 0.7...
- Risk-adapted craniospinal radiotherapy followed by high-dose chemotherapy and stem-cell rescue in children with newly diagnosed medulloblastoma (St Jude Medulloblastoma-96): long-term results from a prospective, multicentre trialAmar Gajjar
Department of Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Lancet Oncol 7:813-20. 2006..We aimed to investigate the effectiveness of risk-adapted radiotherapy followed by a shortened period of dose-intense chemotherapy in children with medulloblastoma...
- Infections after CD34-selected or unmanipulated autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantationPascale Frère
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Eur J Haematol 76:102-8. 2006..The role of extended infection prophylaxis should be evaluated...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for autoimmunity induces immunologic self-tolerance by reprogramming autoreactive T cells and restoring the CD4+CD25+ immune regulatory networkIsme de Kleer
University Medical Center Utrecht, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, Home Mailbox KC 03 063 0, Department of Pediatric Immunology, PO Box 85090, 3508 AB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 107:1696-702. 2006....
- Autologous cartilage implantation for full thickness articular cartilage defects of the kneeJ Wasiak
Alfred Hospital, Victorian Adult Burns Service, Commercial Road, Prahran, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD003323. 2006..An alternative is the surgical implantation of healthy cartilage cells into damaged areas (autologous cartilage implantation)...
- Early lymphocyte recovery predicts longer survival after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in multiple myelomaH Kim
Division of Hematology Oncology, Ulsan University Hospital, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Ulsan, Korea
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:1037-42. 2006..031) and prolonged PFS (P=0.011), and that serum beta2-microglobulin was marginally significant for prolonged OS (P=0.066). In conclusion, ALC recovery was an independent predictor of both OS and PFS in MM...
- Orthotopic transplantation of fresh ovarian cortex: a report of two casesJacques Donnez
Department of Gynecology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Fertil Steril 84:1018. 2005..To report two cases of orthotopic transplantation of fresh ovarian tissue...
- Percutaneous intracoronary cellular cardiomyoplasty for nonischemic cardiomyopathy: clinical and histopathological results: the first-in-man ABCD (Autologous Bone Marrow Cells in Dilated Cardiomyopathy) trialSandeep Seth
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:2350-1. 2006
- The results of consolidation with autologous stem-cell transplantation in patients with peripheral T-cell lymphoma (PTCL) in first complete remission: the Spanish Lymphoma and Autologous Transplantation Group experienceJ Rodriguez
Service of Oncology, Hospital Universitario Son Dureta, Av Andrea Doria 55, Palma de Mallorca 07014, Spain
Ann Oncol 18:652-7. 2007..Consolidation with autologous stem-cell transplantation (ASCT) may improve survival. We present 74 patients transplanted in first complete response (CR) from the Spanish Lymphoma and Autologous Transplantation Group cooperative group.
- High-dose therapy with single autologous transplantation versus chemotherapy for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsJohn Koreth
Division of Hematologic Malignancies, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:183-96. 2007..96). The totality of the randomized data indicates PFS benefit but not OS benefit for HDT with single autologous transplantation performed early in multiple myeloma...
- Membrane-seeded autologous chondrocytes: cell viability and characterization at surgeryAntonio Gigante
Department of Orthopaedics, Polytechnic University of Marche, Via Tronto 10, 60020 Ancona, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15:88-92. 2007..These data reassure in that the MACI procedure provides a suitable engineered tissue for cartilage repair, in line with the clinical evidences emerging in the literature...
- Early lymphocyte recovery following autologous peripheral stem cell transplantation is associated with better survival in younger patients with lymphoproliferative disordersM R Boulassel
Division of Hematology, McGill University Health Centre, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Que, H3A 1A1 Canada
Hematology 11:165-70. 2006..A shorter time from diagnosis to APSCT may favor recovery of ALC independent of the infused stem cell or lymphocyte doses...
- Autologous transplantation of the retinal pigment epithelium and choroid in the treatment of neovascular age-related macular degenerationRobert E MacLaren
Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London, UK
Ophthalmology 114:561-70. 2007To assess excision of choroidal new vessels (CNV) combined with autologous transplantation of the equatorial retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) as a means of restoring vision for patients with acute neovascular age-related macular ..
- Early lymphocyte recovery after autologous stem cell transplantation predicts superior survival in mantle-cell lymphomaC Joao
Hematology Department, Portuguese Institute of Oncology, Lisbon, Portugal
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:865-71. 2006..0006, respectively). Multivariate analysis demonstrated ALC-15 to be an independent prognostic factor for OS and PFS. The ALC-15 >or=500 cells/microl is associated with a significantly improved clinical outcome following ASCT in MCL...
- Apheresis instrument settings influence infused absolute lymphocyte count affecting survival following autologous peripheral hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: the need to optimize instrument setting and define a lymphocyteR Katipamula
Division of Transfusion Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:811-7. 2006..These data suggest that apheresis instrument settings should be optimized to collect CD34(+) cells as well as an A-ALC target, with direct impact on survival post-APHSCT...
- Fat grafting to the breast revisited: safety and efficacySydney R Coleman
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10013, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 119:775-85; discussion 786-7. 2007..As discussions of fat grafting to the breast are surfacing all over the world, it is time to reexamine the opinions of the 1987 American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons position paper...
- Maintenance therapy with thalidomide improves overall survival after autologous hematopoietic progenitor cell transplantation for multiple myelomaBrett T Brinker
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Cancer 106:2171-80. 2006..The objective of this retrospective review of autologous HPC transplantation for patients with MM was to evaluate the impact of conditioning regimens and posttransplantation therapy on survival...
- Harvesting and autotransplantation of vascularized ovarian grafts: approaches and techniquesMohamed A Bedaiwy
Minimally Invasive Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 14:360-71. 2007..The inferior epigastric vessel is probably the most suitable heterotopic vascularizing vessel. End-to-end anastomosis yields the highest patency rate of vascularized grafts...
- Stem cell-mediated delivery of neurotrophic factors for treatment of glaucomaDonald S Sakaguchi; Fiscal Year: 2010..First, MSCs can be easily isolated, cultured, and propagated as a source of adult stem cells for autologous transplantation, inciting minimal host immune response...
- GENE THERAPY FOR INHERITED JAUNDICEJayanta Roy Chowdhury; Fiscal Year: 1993..Because the method involves autologous transplantation, immune rejection is not a problem and immunosuppression will not be needed...
- ICE-FREE PRESERVATION OF OVARIES FOR LONG-TERM FECUNDITYYing Song; Fiscal Year: 2004..Cryopreservation of ovarian tissue prior to initiation of cancer therapy, followed by autologous transplantation or in vitro maturation and in vitro fertilization after remission, could provide a means of protecting ..
- PROLIFERATIVE CAPACITY AND RADIOBIOLOGY OF STEM CELLSPeter Mauch; Fiscal Year: 1999..For autologous transplantation, especially when transplantation is being proposed for correction of genetic disorders, there may be an ..
- Anti-TfR IgG3-Av: A New Drug Against Multiple MyelomaMANUEL PENICHET; Fiscal Year: 2007..efficient purging of myeloma cells during ex vivo expansion of hematopoietic progenitor-cells for use in autologous transplantation in MM patients...
- Anti-TfR IgG3-Av: A New Drug Against Multiple MyelomaMANUEL PENICHET; Fiscal Year: 2007..efficient purging of myeloma cells during ex vivo expansion of hematopoietic progenitor-cells for use in autologous transplantation in MM patients...
- Anti-TfR IgG3-Av: A New Drug Against Multiple MyelomaMANUEL PENICHET; Fiscal Year: 2009..efficient purging of myeloma cells during ex vivo expansion of hematopoietic progenitor-cells for use in autologous transplantation in MM patients...
- IMPROVED CONDITIONS FOR HUMAN HEMATOPOIETIC CELL CULTUREELEFTHERIOS PAPOUTSAKIS; Fiscal Year: 1993..system to amplify hematopoietic progenitor cells could increase the number of patients eligible for autologous transplantation, allow use of cord blood hematopoietic cells to repopulate an adult, reduce the amount of bone marrow ..
- PO2 AND PH AS POTENT MODULATORS OF HEMATOPOIESISELEFTHERIOS PAPOUTSAKIS; Fiscal Year: 2002..system to amplify hematopoietic progenitor cells could increase the number of patients eligible for autologous transplantation, allow use of cord blood hematopoietic cells to repopulate an adult, reduce the amount of bone marrow ..
- Keratin Gene Targeting for the Treatment of Epidermolysis BullosaDaniel G Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to correct the phenotype of EBS-patient keratinocytes and prepare them for autologous transplantation by using a gene targeting approach...
- AAV-mediated gene therapy for metabolic bone diseaseSelvarangan Ponnazhagan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thus, we hypothesize that autologous transplantation of culture-expanded MSC, transduced with rAAV encoding BMP-2 under the control of osteoprogenitor-..
- Symposium- Advances in Stem Cell TransplantationEdward Ball; Fiscal Year: 2003..myeloablative transplants may permit innovative approaches to stem cell transplantation including tandem autologous transplantation to achieve cytoreduction followed by non-myeloablative allogeneic transplants to achieve the ..
- MOLECULAR STUDY OF MPSI-GENE THERAPY IN CANINE MODELELIZABETH NEUFELD; Fiscal Year: 1993..The effects of autologous transplantation of genetically modified bone marrow on the course of the disease will be compared to the previously ..
- Bone Marrow Stem Cells: Novel Treatment of Human GliomaFrederick Lang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additionally, to better mimic autologous transplantation, the capacity of mMSCs to survive within and outside gliomas will be explored in syngeneic, ..
- Bone Marrow Stem Cells: Novel Treatment of Human GliomaFrederick F Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additionally, to better mimic autologous transplantation, the capacity of mMSCs to survive within and outside gliomas will be explored in syngeneic, ..
- Bone Marrow Stem Cells: Novel Treatment of Human GliomaFrederick Lang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Additionally, to better mimic autologous transplantation, the capacity of mMSCs to survive within and outside gliomas will be explored in syngeneic, ..
- MOLECULAR PATHOGENESIS/TREATMENT OF HYPOPHOSPHATASIAJose Luis Millan; Fiscal Year: 2003..results from mutations affecting different functional domains in the TNAP molecule and B) that autologous transplantation of ex vivo manipulated bone marrow osteoprogenitor stem cells may be a viable treatment modality for ..
- OSTEOGENIC MECHANISMS OF SHEDSongtao Shi; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, we develop optimal conditions to expand minipig SHED and utilize them for autologous transplantation to repair parietal defects, which is a necessary pre-clinical step to examine any efficacy and potential ..
- OSTEOGENIC MECHANISMS OF SHEDSongtao Shi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, we develop optimal conditions to expand minipig SHED and utilize them for autologous transplantation to repair parietal defects, which is a necessary pre-clinical step to examine any efficacy and potential ..