Summary: A technique of closing incisions and wounds, or of joining and connecting tissues, in which staples are used as sutures.
Publications185 found, 100 shown here
- Laparoscopic rectopexy for full-thickness rectal prolapse: a single-institution retrospective study evaluating surgical outcomeD Lechaux
Department of Surgery, Yves Le Foll Hospital, 10 Rue Marcel Proust, 22023, Saint Brieuc, France
Surg Endosc 19:514-8. 2005..The aim of this study was to review our experience and to highlight the functional results achieved with this new technique...
- Modified Longo's stapled hemorrhoidopexy with additional traction sutures for the treatment of residual prolapsed pilesChuang Wei Chen
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Int J Colorectal Dis 23:237-41. 2008..We have developed a method using additional traction sutures along with modified Longo's procedure to manage this problem...
- Intracorporeal circular stapling esophagojejunostomy using the transorally inserted anvil (OrVil) after laparoscopic total gastrectomyOh Jeong
Department of Gastroenterologic Surgery, Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital, 160, Ilsim Ri, Hwasun eup, Hwasun Gun, Jeollanam do, 519 809, Korea
Surg Endosc 23:2624-30. 2009..The authors report the newly developed reconstruction technique after LTG: intracorporeal circular stapling esophagojejunostomy using the transorally inserted anvil (OrVil; Covidien, Mansfield, MA, USA)...
- Randomized clinical trial of stapled haemorrhoidopexy versus conventional diathermy haemorrhoidectomyH Ortiz
Unit of Coloproctology, Department of Surgery, Hospital Virgen del Camino, Irunlarrea 4, E 31008 Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
Br J Surg 89:1376-81. 2002..The aim of this study was to compare the results of stapled haemorrhoidopexy (commonly called stapled haemorrhoidectomy) with those of conventional diathermy haemorrhoidectomy...
- Conventional haemorrhoidectomy, stapled haemorrhoidectomy, Doppler guided haemorrhoidectomy artery ligation; post operative pain and anorectal manometric assessmentWael Khafagy
Colorectal Surgical Unit, Mansoura University Hospitals, Egypt
Hepatogastroenterology 56:1010-5. 2009..The aim of the present article was to compare stapled haemorrhoidectomy, and haemorrhoidal artery ligation with open haemorrhoidectomy with respect to the postoperative pain, symptom control, and manometric alterations...
- Long-term outcomes of stapled hemorrhoidopexy vs conventional hemorrhoidectomy: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsPasquale Giordano
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Whipps Cross University Hospital, London E11 NR, England
Arch Surg 144:266-72. 2009..To assess the long-term results of stapled hemorrhoidopexy (SH) compared with conventional hemorrhoidectomy (CH) and to define the role of SH in the treatment of hemorrhoids...
- Reconstruction of the gastrointestinal tract by hemi-double stapling method for the esophagus and jejunum using EEA OrVil in laparoscopic total gastrectomy and proximal gastrectomyNoriyuki Hirahara
Department of Digestive and General Surgery, Shimane University Faculty of Medicine, Izumo, Shimane, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 21:e11-5. 2011..Then, HDST-based anastomosis was completed. The method may safe laparoscopic anastomosis between the esophagus and reconstructed intestine...
- Objective comparison of stapled anopexy and open hemorrhoidectomy: a randomized, controlled trialM S Wilson
Department of Surgery, Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 45:1437-44. 2002..006). CONCLUSIONS: Stapled anopexy is an effective alternative treatment for prolapsing hemorrhoids that allows reduced operative time and shorter rehabilitation. It does not appear to affect continence or overall quality of life...
- Is there a post-PPH syndrome?I Khubchandani
Department of Surgery, Division of Colorectal Surgery, Lehigh Valley Health Network, Allentown, PA 18105 1556, USA
Tech Coloproctol 13:141-4; discussion 144. 2009..This study was performed to assess the prevalence of usage of PPH and the observed postoperative complaints and complications...
- Comparison of early and 1-year follow-up results of conventional hemorrhoidectomy and hemorrhoid artery ligation: a randomized studyAttila Bursics
First Department of Surgery, Semmelweis University, 1082 Budapest, Hungary
Int J Colorectal Dis 19:176-80. 2004..Early and 1-year follow-up results of the procedure are presented and compared with those of closed scissors hemorrhoidectomy in a prospective randomized study...
- Rectal lumen obliteration from stapled hemorrhoidopexy: can it be prevented?O Buyukasik
Department of 2nd General Surgery, Yildirim Beyazit Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Tech Coloproctol 13:333-5. 2009..5 cm, verifying the existence of a lumen before introducing the stapler and just including the rectal mucosa will minimize the risk of complications...
- [Double stapler technique in colorectal surgery]Eduardo Villanueva-Sáenz
Departamento de Cirugía de Colon y Recto, Hospital de Especialidades, Centro Médico Nacional Siglo XXI and Hospital Angeles del Pedregal, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Cir Cir 76:49-53. 2008....
- Characterization of materials eliciting foreign body reaction in stapled human gastrointestinal anastomosesC B B Lim
Department of Biosurgery and Surgical Technology, St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College London, London, UK
Br J Surg 95:1044-50. 2008..The aim of this study was to identify the refractile foreign materials causing this reaction...
- Laparoscopic appendectomy using a polymeric clip to close the appendicular stumpAndrés Hanssen
Instituto Medico La Floresta, Caracas, Venezuela
JSLS 11:59-62. 2007....
- The role of hemorrhoidopexy in the management of 3rd degree hemorrhoidsM G Pramateftakis
4th Surgical Department, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Antheon 1, Panorama, 55236 Thessaloniki, Greece
Tech Coloproctol 14:S5-7. 2010..Nevertheless, recent studies identify weaknesses of the PPH in the treatment of 4th degree hemorrhoids...
- A prospective, randomized, controlled multicenter trial comparing stapled hemorrhoidopexy and Ferguson hemorrhoidectomy: perioperative and one-year resultsA J Senagore
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 47:1824-36. 2004..Results are presented here from the first prospective, randomized, multicenter trial comparing these hemorrhoid procedures in the United States...
- Pneumomediastinum after dilatation of anal stricture following stapled hemorrhoidopexyI Kanellos
4th Surgical Department, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Tech Coloproctol 8:185-7. 2004..Drainage of the abscess was performed, allowing quick recovery. After discharge from the hospital, the patient continued to perform periodic dilatation. Simple proctoscopic dilatation was conducted in an outpatient setting...
- Experience of 3711 stapled haemorrhoidectomy operationsK-H Ng
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608, Singapore
Br J Surg 93:226-30. 2006..08 per cent). Twelve (0.3 per cent) patients had a recurrence at a median of 16 (range 5-45) months. CONCLUSION: Considerable experience of stapled haemorrhoidectomy confirms it as a safe and effective procedure...
- Stapled hemorrhoidopexy and Milligan Morgan hemorrhoidectomy in the cure of fourth-degree hemorrhoids: long-term evaluation and clinical resultsClaudio Mattana
Department of Surgery, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Dis Colon Rectum 50:1770-5. 2007..The long-term results after stapled hemorrhoidopexy compared with Milligan-Morgan procedure are discussed...
- Pathological audit of stapled haemorhoidopexyV Shanmugam
Department of Surgery, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, UK
Colorectal Dis 7:172-5. 2005..The aim of this study was to correlate histology with symptomatic outcome after stapled haemorrhoidopexy...
- Surgical stapler-associated fatalities and adverse events reported to the Food and Drug AdministrationS Lori Brown
Epidemiology Branch, Division of Postmarket Surveillance, Office of Surveillance and Biometrics, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
J Am Coll Surg 199:374-81. 2004..It is important for health-care providers to report adverse events to manufacturers so that they may work to improve the design of these devices and reduce use errors that contribute to the events...
- Stapled hemorrhoidopexy versus milligan-morgan hemorrhoidectomy: a prospective, randomized, multicenter trial with 2-year postoperative follow upJean François Gravié
CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Ann Surg 242:29-35. 2005..The goals of the study were to evaluate the efficacy and reproducibility of stapled hemorrhoidopexy and define its place among conventional techniques...
- Reinterventions after complicated or failed stapled hemorrhoidopexyL Brusciano
Coloproctology Unit, Villa Flaminia Hospital, Rome, Italy
Dis Colon Rectum 47:1846-51. 2004..Because of the wide spectrum of different interventions required, a failed or complicated stapled hemorrhoidopexy might be better treated by an experienced colorectal surgeon...
- The effect of temporary hemiepiphyseal stapling on the growth plate: a radiologic and immunohistochemical study in rabbitsUmit S Aykut
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
J Pediatr Orthop 25:336-41. 2005..Temporary hemiepiphyseal stapling is a safe and effective method for control of physeal growth of long bones before skeletal maturity. However, it is of paramount importance not to disturb the periosteum during stapling...
- Stapled transanal rectal resection for obstructed defaecation and evidence-based practiceD G Jayne
Academic Surgical Unit, St James's University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Br J Surg 92:793-4. 2005
- Consensus conference on the stapled transanal rectal resection (STARR) for disordered defaecationM L Corman
Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, USA
Colorectal Dis 8:98-101. 2006....
- Stapled transanal rectal resection versus stapled anopexy in the cure of hemorrhoids associated with rectal prolapse. A randomized controlled trialPaolo Boccasanta
Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, IRCCS Foundation, Milan, 1st Department of General Surgery, University of Milan, Via F Sforza 35, 20122, Milan, Italy
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:245-51. 2007..The aim of this randomized study was to evaluate the incidence of residual disease after SA and STARR in patients affected by prolapsed hemorrhoids associated with rectal prolapse...
- The rectal pocket syndrome after stapled mucosectomyM Pescatori
Coloproctology Units of Villa Flaminia Hospital, Rome, Italy
Colorectal Dis 8:808-11. 2006..The aim of the present study was to report on a particular postoperative complication, the rectal pocket syndrome (RPS)...
- Low hemorrhoidopexy staple line does not improve results and increases risk for incontinenceF Pigot
Proctology Service, Bagatelle Hospital, Talence Cedex, France
Tech Coloproctol 10:329-33. 2006..We assessed the association between outcome of SH and patients' characteristics and procedure parameters (associated procedure, suture line height, doughnut size, presence of malpighian tissue or smooth muscle in specimen)...
- Long-term results after stapled hemorrhoidopexy: high patient satisfaction despite frequent postoperative symptomsP Fueglistaler
Surgical Department, St Claraspital, Basel, Switzerland
Dis Colon Rectum 50:204-12. 2007..We aimed to evaluate long-term results after stapled hemorrhoidopexy and to assess patient satisfaction in association with postoperative hemorrhoidal symptoms...
- Stapled hemorrhoidopexy. Complications and 2-year follow-upGiovanni Angelone
General and Minimally Invasive Surgery Unit, , Casoria, Naples, Italy
Chir Ital 58:753-60. 2006....
- Analysis of stapling versus endoloops in appendiceal stump closureG Beldi
Department of Visceral and Transplant Surgery, University Hospital Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Br J Surg 93:1390-3. 2006..The effectiveness of various appendiceal stump closure methods has not been evaluated systematically. The aim of this study was to compare the morbidity of stump closure by stapling or use of endoloops...
- Continued rectal bleeding following stapled haemorrhoidectomyR Drummond
Colorectal Dis 9:669-70. 2007
- Systematic review on the procedure for prolapse and hemorrhoids (stapled hemorrhoidopexy)Joe J Tjandra
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Royal Melbourne Hospital and Epworth Hospitals, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Dis Colon Rectum 50:878-92. 2007..This is a systematic review on stapled hemorrhoidopexy of all randomized, controlled trials that have been published until August 2006...
- Stapled transanal rectal resection (STARR) for rectoceleC Neal Ellis
Department of Surgery, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 11:153-4. 2007..3%, urgency in 1.1% and incontinence of flatus in 1.1% of patients. These data suggest that the STARR procedure is an effective management option for obstructed defecation with an acceptable risk of complications...
- Long-term results after stapled haemorrhoidopexy for fourth-degree haemorrhoids: a prospective study with median follow-up of 6 yearsE Zacharakis
Fourth Academic Surgical Unit, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Makedonia, Greece
Tech Coloproctol 11:144-7; discussion 147-8. 2007..The aim of our study was to assess our early and long-term results after stapled haemorrhoidopexy for fourth-degree haemorrhoids...
- Recurrent severe postoperative bleeding after stapled hemorrhoidopexy requiring emergency laparotomyA Bufo
Tech Coloproctol 10:62-3. 2006
- Stapled transanal rectal resection under laparoscopic surveillance for rectocele and concomitant enteroceleS Petersen
Department of General and Abdominal Surgery, Dresden Friedrichstadt Hospital, Dresden, Germany
Dis Colon Rectum 49:685-9. 2006..We decided to perform a combined procedure of transanal rectal resection with a simultaneous laparoscopy for patients with obstructed defecation syndrome and an enterocele...
- Stapled haemorrhoidopexy in fourth degree haemorrhoidal prolapse: is it worthwhile?C Finco
University of Padova, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, 3th General Surgery Clinic, Coloproctological Unit, S Antonio Hospital, Padova, Italy
Colorectal Dis 8:130-4. 2006..Objective The aim of this study was prospectively to evaluate 116 patients who underwent stapled anopexy conducted by the same surgeon for III or IV degree haemorrhoidal prolapse...
- Total stapled, total intra-abdominal (TSTI) laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: one leak in 1000 casesCarlos Carrasquilla
Florida Center for Surgical Weight Control, Florida Medical Center, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33313, USA
Obes Surg 14:613-7. 2004..Variations in technique of laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (LRYGBP) have been reported. These changes, mainly in the construction of the gastro-jejunostomy, are intended to decrease complications...
- Severe intra-abdominal bleeding following stapled mucosectomy due to enterocele: report of a caseG Aumann
Department of General and Abdominal Surgery, General Hospital Dresden Friedrichstadt, Teaching Hospital Technical University of Dresden, Friedrichstrasse 41, D 01067, Dresden, Germany
Tech Coloproctol 8:41-3. 2004..The serosa defect was sutured and a diverting sigmoid stoma was carried out. The patient left the hospital 10 days later. We emphasize vigilance for undetected enteroceles in mucosal prolapse syndrome combined with defecation problems...
- Prospective randomized multicentre trial comparing stapled with open haemorrhoidectomyE Ganio
Department of General Surgery, Colorectal Eporediensis Centre, Ivrea, Italy
Br J Surg 88:669-74. 2001..CONCLUSION: Stapled haemorrhoidectomy is as effective as conventional haemorrhoidectomy. Reduced postoperative pain, shorter hospital stay and a trend toward earlier return to work suggest short-term advantages for the stapled technique...
- Reinforcing gastric staple-lines with bovine pericardial strips may decrease the likelihood of gastric leak after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypassScott A Shikora
Department of Surgery and Obesity Consult Center, Centerfor Minimally Invasive Obesity Surgery Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Obes Surg 13:37-44. 2003..Bovine pericardial strips (BPS) have been used to reinforce staple-lines in pulmonary resections and have been shown to decrease air-leaks. This study examined the use of BPS to decrease gastric staple-line leaks...
- Staple-line reinforcement with a new type of polyglycolic acid feltM Kawamura
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 11:43-6. 2001..In one patient, the air leak was found to originate from an untouched lobe during reoperation. No infection or allergic reaction developed in a patient during a mean follow-up of 12 months (range, 1 to 24 months)...
- Stapled and open hemorrhoidectomy: randomized controlled trial of early resultsDomenico Palimento
Department of Surgery, Civil Hospital San Rocco, Via Sessa Mignana, 81037 Sessa Aurunca, Caserta, Italy
World J Surg 27:203-7. 2003..735). Hemorrhoidectomy with a circular staple device is easy to perform and achieves better results than the Milligan-Morgan technique in terms of postoperative pain and recovery. Comparable results are obtained at long-term follow-up...
- PPH stapled hemorrhoidectomy--a cautionary noteMario Pescatori
Dis Colon Rectum 46:131. 2003
- Rectal perforation: a life-threatening complication of stapled hemorrhoidectomy: report of a caseLap-Yuen Wong
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Veterans General Hospital-Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Dis Colon Rectum 46:116-7. 2003..We suggest that it should be performed by experienced colorectal surgeons who are familiar with the technique and aware of possible complications...
- A systematic review of stapled hemorrhoidectomyL M Sutherland
ASERNIP-S, 51-54 Palmer Pl, North Adelaide, South Australia 5006, Australia
Arch Surg 137:1395-406; discussion 1407. 2002..However, the efficacy of the stapled procedure compared with the conventional techniques could not be determined. More rigorous studies with longer follow-up periods and larger sample sizes need to be conducted...
- Management of post-anopexy rectal strictureM Pescatori
Coloproctology Unit, Villa Flaminia Hospital, Via L. Bodio 58, I-100191 Rome, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 6:125-6. 2002
- Complications after stapled hemorrhoidectomy: can they be prevented?B Ravo
Rome American Hospital, Via Emilio Longoni 69, I 00155 Rome, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 6:83-8. 2002..Most complications can be avoided by respecting the rectal wall anatomy in the execution of the procedure...
- Stapled rectal mucosectomy vs. closed hemorrhoidectomy: a randomized, clinical trialJosé Manuel Correa-Rovelo
Colon and Rectum Clinic, Medica Sur Hospital, Mexico City, Mexico
Dis Colon Rectum 45:1367-74; discussion 1374-5. 2002..We compared the safety and clinical outcome between stapled rectal mucosectomy and closed hemorrhoidectomy for the surgical treatment of noncomplicated hemorrhoidal disease...
- Clinical predictors of leak after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbid obesityE C Hamilton
Clinical Center for the Surgical Management of Obesity and the Southwestern Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390, USA
Surg Endosc 17:679-84. 2003..CONCLUSION: Leak after LRYGB may be difficult to detect. Evidence of respiratory distress and tachycardia exceeding 120 beats per min may be the most useful clinical indicators of leak after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass...
- Stapled vs excision hemorrhoidectomy: long-term results of a prospective randomized trialFranc H Hetzer
Department for Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital of Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Arch Surg 137:337-40. 2002..Provided further clinical trials confirm these findings, stapled hemorrhoidectomy may become a future gold standard...
- Rectal perforation, retropneumoperitoneum, and pneumomediastinum after stapling procedure for prolapsed hemorrhoids: report of a case and subsequent considerationsValter Ripetti
Department of Digestive Disease, Libera Università Campus Bio Medico, Rome, Italy
Dis Colon Rectum 45:268-70. 2002..Our experience, taken together with some other cases previously published of severe complications after such an operation, suggests caution in the use of this new technique for the treatment of a benign disease...
- Long-term effects of stapled haemorrhoidectomy on internal anal function and sensitivityD F Altomare
Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantation, Section of General Surgery and Liver Transplantation, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Br J Surg 88:1487-91. 2001..IAS function and morphology, and anal canal sensitivity were studied prospectively in patients undergoing this operation...
- Randomized trial assessing anal sphincter injuries after stapled haemorrhoidectomyY H Ho
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608
Br J Surg 88:1449-55. 2001..This study compared whether the procedure can be effectively performed without this dilator (ND technique), with better sphincter preservation...
- A randomized, controlled trial of diathermy hemorrhoidectomy vs. stapled hemorrhoidectomy in an intended day-care setting with longer-term follow-upM J Cheetham
St. Mark's Hospital, Northwick Park, Harrow, Middlesex, UK
Dis Colon Rectum 46:491-7. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: Although stapled hemorrhoidectomy is less painful in the short term, this does not lead to a significantly earlier return to work, and some patients develop new symptoms at long-term follow-up...
- Perineal stapled prolapse resection: a new procedure for external rectal prolapseRoland Scherer
Center for Colorectal and Pelvic Floor Surgery, Waldfriede Hospital, Berlin, Germany
Dis Colon Rectum 51:1727-30. 2008..This technique has been modified to the perineal stapled prolapse resection. The surgical technique and the preliminary results of the new procedure for external rectal prolapse are presented...
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass leak complicationsJ Stephen Marshall
Department of Surgery, University of Illinois College of Medicine Peoria, Peoria, IL 61603, USA
Arch Surg 138:520-3; discussion 523-4. 2003..Enteric leakage is a significant complication of the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) procedure that can be treated successfully...
- Rectal diverticulum: a new complication of STARR procedure for obstructed defecationG Sciaudone
First Division of General Surgery, Second University of Naples Policlinico, Naples, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 12:61-3. 2008..STARR procedure can produce new and difficult-to-treat complications and should be reserved for expert colorectal surgeons with proved familiarity in transanal surgery...
- Rectovaginal fistula after stapled haemorrhoidopexyP J McDonald
Colorectal Dis 6:64-5. 2004
- Prospective study of factors affecting postoperative pain and symptom persistence after stapled rectal mucosectomy for hemorrhoids: a need for preservation of squamous epitheliumJosé M Correa-Rovelo
Colon and Rectum Clinic, Medica Sur Hospital, Mexico City, Mexico
Dis Colon Rectum 46:955-62. 2003..Intensity of postoperative pain was associated with the type of resected epithelium. This suggests that low transection of hemorrhoids must be avoided...
- Stapled hemorrhoidopexy for prolapsed piles performed with concurrent perianal conditionsK H Ng
Tech Coloproctol 7:214-5; discussion 215. 2003
- Bleeding, incontinence, pain and constipation after STARR transanal double stapling rectotomy for obstructed defecationG Dodi
Coloproctology Unit, University Hospital, Padua, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 7:148-53. 2003..CONCLUSION: Parity, spastic floor syndrome and psychoneurosis seem to be the risk factors predisposing to failure of DSP, which may be followed by severe complications and early recurrence of symptoms requiring reoperation...
- Laparoscopic esophagogastric circular stapled anastomosis: a modified technique to protect the esophagusNaoki Hiki
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Gastroenterological Center, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 3 10 6 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Gastric Cancer 10:181-6. 2007..This modified procedure of laparoscopic esophagogastric anastomosis after proximal gastrectomy for the resection of cancer is a simple, rapid, and atraumatic technique which reduces the risk of anastomotic insufficiency...
- Stapled hemorrhoidopexy for prolapsed hemorrhoids in patients with liver cirrhosis; a preliminary outcome for 8-case experienceWen Shih Huang
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 6, Sec West, Chia Pu Road, Putz, Chiayi 613, Taiwan
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:1083-9. 2007..To investigate the efficacy and safety of stapled hemorrhoidopexy in treating prolapsed hemorrhoids in patients with liver cirrhosis...
- New device for the introduction of a circular stapler in laparoscopic gastric bypass surgeryMarkus K Muller
Department of Visceral and Transplant Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Obes Surg 16:1559-62. 2006..The introduction of the circular stapler through the thick abdominal wall in morbidly obese patients can be challenging. To overcome the difficulties of this task, a new device was developed and its use is presented...
- [Submucosal hemorrhoidectomy with Parks technique: prospective study of 327 patients]C Khosrovaninejad
Service de chirurgie viscérale et digestive de la clinique Fontvert, Avignon Nord
J Chir (Paris) 145:37-41. 2008..4%) and was worsened in 19 patients (9.6%). This trial confirms that Parks hemorrhoidectomy is safe and leads to satisfactory outcome. Postoperative pain is reduced and anal functional sequelae are few...
- Stapled hemorrhoidopexy: a prospective study from pathology to clinical outcomePierpaolo Sileri
Department of Surgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 11:1662-8. 2007..Only columnar epithelium should be present and, although the presence of smooth muscle does not influence the outcome in terms of functional results, its presence may play a role in postoperative bleeding...
- Randomized comparison between stapled hemorrhoidopexy and Ferguson hemorrhoidectomy for grade III hemorrhoids in Taiwan: a prospective studyWen Shih Huang
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 6, Sec West, Chia Pu Road, Putz, Chiayi, Taiwan
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:955-61. 2007..Short-term and mid-term outcomes of stapled hemorrhoidopexy (SH) were compared with those for Ferguson hemorrhoidectomy (FH) for treating hemorrhoids...
- Transrectal stapling for colonic resection and anastomosis (10 cases)William J Banz
The Animal Medical Center, 510 East 62nd Street, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 44:198-204. 2008..The stapled anastomosis has good success when properly applied, and the incidences of stricture formation, leakage, and other potential complications can be kept to a minimum...
- Surgical outcome and long-term follow up after laparoscopic rectosigmoid resection in women with deep infiltrating endometriosisR Seracchioli
Center of Reconstructive Pelvic Endo surgery, Reproductive Medicine Unit, S Orsola Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
BJOG 114:889-95. 2007....
- Modified functional end-to-end stapled intestinal anastomosis: technique and clinical results in 15 dogsR N White
Surgical Consultancy Services, c o The Scott Veterinary Clinic, 405 Goldington Road, Bedford, MK41 0DS
J Small Anim Pract 49:274-81. 2008..To evaluate the use of a gastrointestinal anastomosis (GIA) stapling device to perform small intestinal anastomosis in the dog...
- Stapled hemorrhoidectomy versus conventional excision hemorrhoidectomy for acute hemorrhoidal crisisHuang Jen Lai
Division of Colorectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
J Gastrointest Surg 11:1654-61. 2007..However, we suggest that older patients with anemia or a prolonged hemorrhoidal crisis are unsuitable for stapled hemorrhoidectomy...
- Prospective, randomized trial comparing a 3- versus 6-stitch purse-string suture in stapled hemorrhoidopexyYasuhiro Inoue
Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Division of Reparative Medicine, Institute of Life Sciences, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsu, Japan
Dig Surg 24:382-7. 2007....
- Rectovaginal fistula following double-stapling anastomosis in low anterior resection for rectal cancerNorifumi Tsutsumi
Department of Surgery, Sawara Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 54:1682-3. 2007..Therefore, this complication must be kept in mind, and a minimal-sized fistula can be treated conservatively without a diverting colostomy or other surgical procedures...
- Dural repair with grafts using the gastrointestinal anastomosis staplerNia D Banks
Division of Plastic Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Craniofac Surg 19:1053-5. 2008..8-mm titanium staples to create large sheets of graft material for dural repair. In 3 patients requiring repair of large dural defects, this method has produced seams that were atraumatic and watertight...
- Stapled haemorrhoidopexy versus Ferguson haemorrhoidectomy: a prospective study with 2-year postoperative follow-upU Sabanci
Department of General Surgery, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
J Int Med Res 35:917-21. 2007..0+/-1 versus 28.0+/-2 days, respectively)...
- Stapled hemorrhoidectomy vs closed diathermy-excision hemorrhoidectomy without suture-ligation: a case-controlled trialSergio Eduardo Alonso Araujo
Colorectal Surgery Division, Hospital Santa Helena, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Hepatogastroenterology 54:2243-8. 2007..We compared stapled hemorrhoidectomy to closed diathermy-excision hemorrhoidectomy without suture-ligation regarding postoperative pain, complications and long-term efficacy...
- Cost analysis of ligature versus stapling techniques of laparoscopic appendectomy in childrenWilliam E Wehrman
Department of Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 17:371-4. 2007..In light of the pressures for cost containment, we evaluated data from both laparoscopic methods to determine which was more effective based on cost and patient outcomes...
- Suture-line recurrence at a jejunojejunal anastomosis after gastrectomy for gastric cancerAlexandros Polychronidis
Second Department of Surgery, Democritus University of Thrace, Dragana, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Gastric Cancer 11:59-63. 2008..We therefore consider that different surgical instruments, such as automatic anastomotic devices and automatic suturing devices, must be used in each phase of the surgical procedure for gastric cancer...
- The current evidence on stapled versus hand-sewn anastomoses in the digestive tractDragan Korolija
University Surgical Clinic, Clinical Hospital Center Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol 17:151-4. 2008..Nevertheless, proper handling of staplers and experience remain crucial issues if one wants to gain benefits when using these devices...
- Iatrogenic rectal diverticulum in patients treated with transanal stapled techniquesM E Alabiso
UOC di Radiologia, PO Cardinale Ascalesi ASL Na 1, Via Egiziaca a Forcella 32, Napoli, Italy
Radiol Med 113:887-94. 2008....
- Laparoscopically assisted reversal of Hartmann's procedureM Khaikin
Department of General Surgery and Transplantation, Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer, Israel
Surg Endosc 20:1883-6. 2006..Furthermore, the relatively low morbidity rate, short hospital stay, and earlier return of bowel function may be beneficial to patients...
- Stapled haemorrhoidectomy in Chinese patients: a prospective randomised control studyP Y Y Lau
Department of Surgery, Kwong Wah Hospital, 25 Waterloo Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 10:373-7. 2004..To compare stapled haemorrhoidectomy with open diathermy haemorrhoidectomy in Chinese patients with respect to the postoperative pain, symptom control, and manometric alterations...
- Modified pharyngogastrostomy by a stapler techniqueR A A Sallum
, , Brazil
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:540-3. 2006..Gastric pull up and pharyngogastrostomy with hand sewing technique is the commonest way of doing it. The authors describe a modified technique to execute it using a stapler device...
- Mucosal flap excision for treatment of remnant prolapsed hemorrhoids or skin tags after stapled hemorrhoidopexy : Dis Colon Rectum 2005; 48:1660-1662M Trompetto
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Novara, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 10:71; discussion 71. 2006
- New devices for stapled rectal mucosectomy: a multicenter experienceF S Pinheiro Regadas
Department of Digestive Surgery, Medical School, Federal University of Ceara, Brazil
Tech Coloproctol 9:243-6. 2005..ASA Kit made stapled mucosectomy easier to perform, but it's necessary to improve the circular staplers to adequately treat all sizes of mucosal and hemorrhoidal prolapses in order to reduce the recurrence rates...
- The split-stomach fundoplication after esophagogastrectomyVic Velanovich
Division of General Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 10:178-83, discussion184-5. 2006..14 for the no wrap group (P = 0.03). The addition of the split-stomach fundoplication to esophagogastrectomy may decrease the incidence of anastomotic leak and postoperative refluxlike symptoms...
- Staple-line reinforcement techniques with different buttressing materials used for laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgery: a new strategy to diminish perioperative complicationsEsther C J Consten
Meander Medical Center Teaching Hospital, Affiliated to the University Medical Center of Utrecht, Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Surg Technol Int 13:59-63. 2004..To decrease anastomotic complications, using an absorbable polymer membrane as staple-line reinforcement material is reliable and efficacious...
- Clinical experience using the computerized digital stapling system in open gastric bypass surgery for morbid obesityRobert K Liem
Department of Surgery, JFK Medical Center, Atlantis, Florida, USA
Obes Surg 13:837-41. 2003..Our technique employs a computerized digital stapling system (SurgASSIST). This stapling system has been utilized in affecting both the end-to-end gastrojejunostomy and end-to-side enteroenterostomy anastomoses...
- [Haemorrhoidectomy: conventional excision versus resection with the circular stapler. Prospective, randomized study]C Hasse
Klinik für Visceral, Thorax und Gefasschirurgie, Philipps Universitat Marburg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:1611-7. 2004..The goal of this study was to compare two surgical methods of treating for haemorrhoids that aim at closure of the wound: resection with a circular stapler and a conventional, closed haemorrhoidectomy...
- Esophagogastrectomy: the influence of stapled versus hand-sewn anastomosis on outcomeAbdollah Behzadi
Division of General Thoracic Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 9:1031-40; discussion 1040-2. 2005..This nonrandomized series suggests that linear stapled anastomosis is the preferred technique regardless of anastomotic location...
- Laparoscopic distal gastrectomy with regional lymph node dissection for gastric cancerS Tanimura
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Osaka City General Hospital, 2 13 22, Miyakojimahondoori, Miyakojima ku, Osaka 534 0021, Japan
Surg Endosc 17:758-62. 2003..This technique is not only less invasive but also as safe as open gastrectomy, which was performed on 100 gastric cancer cases of similar staging...
- Early experience with stapled hemorrhoidectomy in the United StatesMarc A Singer
Department of Surgery, University of Illinois, Chicago 60612, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 45:360-7; discussion 367-9. 2002..There seems to be minimal postoperative pain and early recovery, although a benefit over traditional hemorrhoidectomy needs to be proven in a randomized trial...
- Prospective, randomized study: proximate PPH stapler vs. LigaSure for hemorrhoidal surgeryMatthias Kraemer
Department of General Surgery Coloproctology, St Barbara Klinik, Hamm Heessen, Germany
Dis Colon Rectum 48:1517-22. 2005..This study has attempted to establish which of the less painful alternatives proves best in an unselected series of patients with hemorrhoidal disease...
- Use of a mattress suture to eliminate dog ears in double-stapled and triple-stapled anastomosesTakayuki Asao
Department of Surgery I, Gunma University Faculty of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Dis Colon Rectum 45:137-9. 2002..A technique for formation of such an anastomosis is described that avoids use of a distal purse string...
- Salvage of gastric restriction following staple-line dehiscence after vertical banded gastroplasty by insertion of an adjustable gastric bandMarkus Wenger
Department of Visceral Surgery, Hirslanden Group, Klinik Beau-Site, Bern, Switzerland
Obes Surg 15:216-22. 2005..CONCLUSION: Salvage of gastric restriction by AGB after SLD secondary to VBG is safe and reliable, despite the possibility of adhesions. Morbidity is low and intermediate-term weight loss is comparable to patients with uncomplicated VBG...
- Medical and surgical management of chronic ulcerative colitisRobert R Cima
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Arch Surg 140:300-10. 2005
- Randomised controlled clinical trial of stapled haemorrhoidectomy vs conventional haemorrhoidectomy; a three and a half year follow upI Au-Yong
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, UK
Colorectal Dis 6:37-8. 2004..RESULTS: Our data suggest that at the three and a half year follow up, there are no significant differences in outcome between the two groups. CONCLUSIONS: It will be important to review the long-term results of larger trials...
- Early results after laparoscopic gastric bypass: EEA vs GIA stapled gastrojejunal anastomosisTimothy R Shope
Department of Surgery, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Obes Surg 13:355-9. 2003..Complications, length of stay, weight loss and costs were similar between the groups. Selection of anastomotic technique may be based on surgeon preference, operative time, and potential for serious complications...
- Establishing UMMC's Clinical Center in NIDDK's Gastropa*Thomas Abell; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will define important, novel neural mechanisms regulating motor and absorptive function in the denervated gut. Selected aspects have translational value to clinical gut transplantation. ..
- ACADEMIC TRAINING IN TRAUMA AND BURNSMarc Basson; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal involves 3 trainees/year who are general surgery residents and will spend a minimum of two years doing basic research. ..
- BioMEMs Sensor for Monitoring Fracture HealingChristian Puttlitz; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 2003..This proposal will define important new neural (and hormonal) mechanisms regulating motor and absorptive function in denervated gut. Selected aspects are pertinent to clinical gut transplantation. ..
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY AND FUNCTION OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 1993..These experiments are directly relevant and will be clinically-applicable in understanding motor and absorptive aspects of the physiology of enteric function after intestinal transplantation...