Summary: A technique of closing incisions and wounds, or of joining and connecting tissues, in which staples are used as sutures.
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- Modified Longo's stapled hemorrhoidopexy with additional traction sutures for the treatment of residual prolapsed pilesChuang Wei Chen
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Int J Colorectal Dis 23:237-41. 2008..We have developed a method using additional traction sutures along with modified Longo's procedure to manage this problem...
- Laparoscopic appendectomy using a polymeric clip to close the appendicular stumpAndrés Hanssen
Instituto Medico La Floresta, Caracas, Venezuela
JSLS 11:59-62. 2007....
- Ivor Lewis esophagectomy with manual esogastric anastomosis by thoracoscopy in prone position and laparoscopyG B Cadiere
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, European School of Laparoscopic Surgery, Saint Pierre University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Surg Endosc 24:1482-5. 2010..We report an Ivor Lewis esophagogastrectomy with manual esogastric anastomosis performed by thoracoscopy in the prone position...
- Propensity-matched analysis of three techniques for intrathoracic esophagogastric anastomosisShanda H Blackmon
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 83:1805-13; discussion 1813. 2007..We evaluated our experience with this novel technique in intrathoracic anastomoses and compared the outcome with circular-stapled or hand-sewn techniques...
- The triangulating stapling technique for cervical esophagogastric anastomosis after esophagectomyYasushi Toh
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, National Kyushu Cancer Center, 3 1 1 Notame, Minami Ku, Fukuoka, 811 1395, Japan
Surg Today 39:201-6. 2009..To evaluate the safety and feasibility of the triangulating stapling technique (TST) for cervical esophagogastric anastomosis after esophagectomy (CEGA)...
- A safe and reproducible anastomotic technique for minimally invasive Ivor Lewis oesophagectomy: the circular-stapled anastomosis with the trans-oral anvilGuilherme M Campos
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 37:1421-6. 2010..We present our preliminary results of a standardised 25 mm/4.8mm circular-stapled anastomosis using a trans-orally placed anvil...
- Sutures versus staples for skin closure in orthopaedic surgery: meta-analysisToby O Smith
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich NR2 7UY
BMJ 340:c1199. 2010..To compare the clinical outcomes of staples versus sutures in wound closure after orthopaedic surgery...
- Laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy with intracorporeal Billroth I stapled anastomosis using a hand access device for patients with gastric cancerY T Joo
Department of Surgery, Postgraduate School of Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, Gyeongsang National University Hospital, 90 Chilam dong, Jinju, Gyeongsangnam do, South Korea
Surg Endosc 21:859-62. 2007..As laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG) gains increasing popularity, various techniques of laparoscopic gastroduodenal anastomosis are being introduced...
- A comparison of three methods of wound closure following arthroplasty: a prospective, randomised, controlled trialR J K Khan
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth 6009, Western Australia
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:238-42. 2006..We consider that skin staples are the skin closure of choice for both hip and knee replacements...
- Stapled ileostomy closure results in reduction of postoperative morbidityY A Shelygin
Department of Rectal Cancer Surgery, State Research Center of Coloproctology, Salyam Adyl st 2, 123423, Moscow, Russia
Tech Coloproctol 14:19-23. 2010..Closure of the stoma carries a risk of morbidity and even mortality. The aim of this prospective trial was to evaluate the ability of stapled stoma closure to decrease the rates of perioperative morbidity...
- Intracorporeal circular stapling esophagojejunostomy using the transorally inserted anvil (OrVil) after laparoscopic total gastrectomyOh Jeong
Department of Gastroenterologic Surgery, Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital, 160, Ilsim Ri, Hwasun eup, Hwasun Gun, Jeollanam do, 519 809, Korea
Surg Endosc 23:2624-30. 2009..The authors report the newly developed reconstruction technique after LTG: intracorporeal circular stapling esophagojejunostomy using the transorally inserted anvil (OrVil; Covidien, Mansfield, MA, USA)...
- Technique of minimally invasive Ivor Lewis esophagogastrectomy with intrathoracic stapled side-to-side anastomosisKfir Ben-David
Department of Surgery, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1600 SW Archer Road, P O Box 100109, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 14:1613-8. 2010..An intrathoracic linear stapled side-to-side anastomosis for gastroesophageal junction malignancy is feasible, results in low leak rates and less stenosis...
- An effective duodenum bulb mobilization for extracorporeal Billroth I anastomosis of laparoscopic gastrectomyNaoki Hiki
Gastroenterological Center, Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 3 10 6 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
J Gastrointest Surg 13:230-5. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of circular-stapled B-I reconstruction for laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG) with effective duodenal mobilization...
- Modified hemi-double-stapling technique combined with the temporal abdominal-wall-lift method for performing Billroth I anastomosis after laparoscopically assisted distal gastrectomyHidenori Fujii
Department of Surgery, Fukui Red Cross Hospital, 2 4 1 Tsukimi, Fukui, Japan
Surg Endosc 22:2748-52. 2008..One-knot setup HDS combined with the temporal abdominal wall-lift method is considered a safe and simple method for performing Billroth I anastomosis in laparoscopic distal gastrectomy...
- Hemiepiphyseal arrest in a porcine modelRolf D Burghardt
AKK Altonaer Kinderkrankenhaus Abteilung für Kinderorthopädie, Hamburg, Deutschland
J Pediatr Orthop 31:e25-9. 2011..We hypothesized that the Blount staple, a fixed angle device, tethers growth immediately, whereas the eight-Plate, having mobile arms, has a certain lead time to take the slack out of the system until it can begin to tether growth...
- Stapled intestinal anastomoses in infantsLindsay Wrighton
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Loma Linda University School of Medicine and Children s Hospital, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
J Pediatr Surg 43:2231-4. 2008..We reviewed our experience with stapled intestinal anastomoses in infants younger than 1 year and compared operative data and outcome to that of infants who underwent hand-sewn anastomoses...
- Esophagogastrectomy: the influence of stapled versus hand-sewn anastomosis on outcomeAbdollah Behzadi
Division of General Thoracic Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 9:1031-40; discussion 1040-2. 2005..This nonrandomized series suggests that linear stapled anastomosis is the preferred technique regardless of anastomotic location...
- Billroth I gastroduodenostomy using a hemi-double stapling techniqueYoshiyuki Kuwabara
Department of Surgery II, Nagoya City University Medical School, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
J Am Coll Surg 198:670-2. 2004
- Usefulness of automatic triangular anastomosis for esophageal cancer surgery using a linear stapler (TA-30)Yoshiyuki Furukawa
Department of Surgery, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 11:80-6. 2005..However, with regard to the healing process of eversion anastomosis in gastrointestinal tract instrumental anastomosis, detailed examination is expected hereafter...
- Physeal stapling versus 8-plate hemiepiphysiodesis for guided correction of angular deformity about the kneeJohn M Wiemann
Department of Orthopaedics, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 29:481-5. 2009..We sought to test the claim that the 8-plate effected a more rapid correction of angular deformity with a lower complication rate...
- Intrathoracic linear stapled esophagogastric anastomosis: an alternative to the end to end anastomosisLyall A Gorenstein
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York 10032, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 91:314-6. 2011..We present an alternative intrathoracic anastomotic technique to the commonly performed EEA anastomosis...
- Mechanical failures of eight-plateguided growth system for temporary hemiepiphysiodesisRolf D Burghardt
International Center for Limb Lengthening, Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
J Pediatr Orthop 30:594-7. 2010..The eight-Plate is said to be superior to the Blount staple, as it is less likely to break or migrate out of the bone. However, some centers have observed mechanical failures of the eight-Plate cannulated screws...
- Experience performing 64 consecutive stapled intestinal anastomoses in small children and infantsIan C S Mitchell
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Children s Medical Center of Dallas, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:128-30. 2011..Intestinal anastomosis in children has traditionally been performed using hand-sewn techniques. Little data exist evaluating the efficacy of stapled intestinal anastomoses in the infant and pediatric populations...
- [C-seal for prevention of anastomotic leakage following colorectal anastomosis]Annelien N Morks
Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen, Afd Abdominale Chirurgie, Groningen, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 155:A2812. 2011..To date, 50 patients have been treated with a C-seal. Results are encouraging and therefore the C-seal is soon to be investigated under randomized study conditions...
- Endoscopic-assisted intrathoracic oesophagogastrostomy without thoracotomy for tumours of the lower oesophagus and cardiaC D Sutton
Department of Surgery, Leicester General Hospital, Leicester, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 28:46-8. 2002..This study aimed to evaluate the efficacy of a novel technique enabling a trans-hiatal oesophagectomy with intrathoracic anastomosis under direct vision, without thoracotomy...
- Correction of bone angular deformities: experimental analysis of staples versus 8-plateRodolfo A Goyeneche
Hospital de Pediatria Juan P Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Pediatr Orthop 29:736-40. 2009..The aim of our study is to compare the effectiveness of both devices for performing angular corrections...
- Intracorporeal Billroth-I anastomosis using a circular stapler by the abdominal wall lifting method in laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomyDaisuke Ichikawa
Division of Digestive Surgery, Department of Surgery, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 19:e163-6. 2009..The Billroth-I method has been performed widely because of physiologic advantages and technical simplicity...
- Comparison of early and 1-year follow-up results of conventional hemorrhoidectomy and hemorrhoid artery ligation: a randomized studyAttila Bursics
First Department of Surgery, Semmelweis University, 1082 Budapest, Hungary
Int J Colorectal Dis 19:176-80. 2004..Early and 1-year follow-up results of the procedure are presented and compared with those of closed scissors hemorrhoidectomy in a prospective randomized study...
- Conventional haemorrhoidectomy, stapled haemorrhoidectomy, Doppler guided haemorrhoidectomy artery ligation; post operative pain and anorectal manometric assessmentWael Khafagy
Colorectal Surgical Unit, Mansoura University Hospitals, Egypt
Hepatogastroenterology 56:1010-5. 2009..The aim of the present article was to compare stapled haemorrhoidectomy, and haemorrhoidal artery ligation with open haemorrhoidectomy with respect to the postoperative pain, symptom control, and manometric alterations...
- [Double stapler technique in colorectal surgery]Eduardo Villanueva-Sáenz
Departamento de Cirugía de Colon y Recto, Hospital de Especialidades, Centro Médico Nacional Siglo XXI and Hospital Angeles del Pedregal, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Cir Cir 76:49-53. 2008....
- Characterization of materials eliciting foreign body reaction in stapled human gastrointestinal anastomosesC B B Lim
Department of Biosurgery and Surgical Technology, St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College London, London, UK
Br J Surg 95:1044-50. 2008..The aim of this study was to identify the refractile foreign materials causing this reaction...
- Anterior resection for rectal cancer with mesorectal excision: a prospective evaluation of 622 patientsWai Lun Law
Department of Surgery, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong Medical Center, Hong Kong
Ann Surg 240:260-8. 2004..Risk factors for local recurrence and survival were also analyzed...
- Analysis of stapling versus endoloops in appendiceal stump closureG Beldi
Department of Visceral and Transplant Surgery, University Hospital Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Br J Surg 93:1390-3. 2006..The effectiveness of various appendiceal stump closure methods has not been evaluated systematically. The aim of this study was to compare the morbidity of stump closure by stapling or use of endoloops...
- Minimally invasive esophagectomy: state of the artM S Kent
The Heart, Lung and Esophageal Surgery Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15232, USA
Dis Esophagus 19:137-45. 2006..However, this operation is technically challenging. In this review we detail the procedure as performed in our center, and also discuss some recent developments...
- Objective comparison of stapled anopexy and open hemorrhoidectomy: a randomized, controlled trialM S Wilson
Department of Surgery, Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 45:1437-44. 2002..Particular attention was paid to changes in anorectal physiology, nature of tissue resected, quality-of-life assessments, and cost implications of the treatments studied...
- Stapled versus handsewn methods for colorectal anastomosis surgery: a systematic review of randomized controlled trialsSuzana Angélica da Silva Lustosa
Centro Universitário Fundação Oswaldo Aranha, Volta Redonda, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 120:132-6. 2002..These studies, however, do not permit conclusions to be drawn, given the lack of statistical power of the samples analyzed...
- Rectal lumen obliteration from stapled hemorrhoidopexy: can it be prevented?O Buyukasik
Department of 2nd General Surgery, Yildirim Beyazit Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Tech Coloproctol 13:333-5. 2009..5 cm, verifying the existence of a lumen before introducing the stapler and just including the rectal mucosa will minimize the risk of complications...
- Long-term results after excision haemorrhoidectomy versus stapled haemorrhoidopexy for prolapsing haemorrhoids; a Belgian prospective randomized trialJ Van de Stadt
Department of Digestive Surgery, Hospital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels
Acta Chir Belg 105:44-52. 2005..To compare the postoperative evolution and the long-term efficacy after stapled haemorrhoidopexy (PPH) and Milligan-Morgan haemorrhoidectomy (MM)...
- Is there a post-PPH syndrome?I Khubchandani
Department of Surgery, Division of Colorectal Surgery, Lehigh Valley Health Network, Allentown, PA 18105 1556, USA
Tech Coloproctol 13:141-4; discussion 144. 2009..This study was performed to assess the prevalence of usage of PPH and the observed postoperative complaints and complications...
- Long-term outcomes of stapled hemorrhoidopexy vs conventional hemorrhoidectomy: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsPasquale Giordano
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Whipps Cross University Hospital, London E11 NR, England
Arch Surg 144:266-72. 2009..To assess the long-term results of stapled hemorrhoidopexy (SH) compared with conventional hemorrhoidectomy (CH) and to define the role of SH in the treatment of hemorrhoids...
- Impact of different coverage techniques on incidence of postpneumonectomy stump fistulaW Klepetko
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Vienna, Austria
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 15:758-63. 1999..The aim of this retrospective study was to investigate the effectiveness of different coverage techniques of the bronchial stump applied in a consecutive series of pneumonectomies in avoiding this particular problem...
- Intraoperative techniques to prevent air leaksEric M Toloza
Department of Surgery, Division of Thoracic Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3048, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Chest Surg Clin N Am 12:489-505. 2002..The reinforcement of parenchymal suture and staple lines, pleural apposition, and well-vascularized tissue-flap coverage of bronchial suture and staple lines further reduce the incidence of prolonged air leaks and BPFs...
- Randomized clinical trial of stapled haemorrhoidopexy versus conventional diathermy haemorrhoidectomyH Ortiz
Unit of Coloproctology, Department of Surgery, Hospital Virgen del Camino, Irunlarrea 4, E 31008 Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
Br J Surg 89:1376-81. 2002..The aim of this study was to compare the results of stapled haemorrhoidopexy (commonly called stapled haemorrhoidectomy) with those of conventional diathermy haemorrhoidectomy...
- Reconstruction of the gastrointestinal tract by hemi-double stapling method for the esophagus and jejunum using EEA OrVil in laparoscopic total gastrectomy and proximal gastrectomyNoriyuki Hirahara
Department of Digestive and General Surgery, Shimane University Faculty of Medicine, Izumo, Shimane, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 21:e11-5. 2011..Then, HDST-based anastomosis was completed. The method may safe laparoscopic anastomosis between the esophagus and reconstructed intestine...
- The role of hemorrhoidopexy in the management of 3rd degree hemorrhoidsM G Pramateftakis
4th Surgical Department, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Antheon 1, Panorama, 55236 Thessaloniki, Greece
Tech Coloproctol 14:S5-7. 2010..Nevertheless, recent studies identify weaknesses of the PPH in the treatment of 4th degree hemorrhoids...
- Long-term outcome of a multicentre randomized clinical trial of stapled haemorrhoidopexy versus Milligan-Morgan haemorrhoidectomyE Ganio
Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantation, Section of General Surgery and Liver Transplantation, University of Bari, Policlinico, Piazza G Cesare 11, 70124 Bari, Italy
Br J Surg 94:1033-7. 2007..This study reports the long-term follow-up of a randomized clinical trial comparing the two techniques in 100 patients affected by third- and fourth-degree haemorrhoids...
- Defunctioning loop ileostomy and stapled side-to-side closure has low morbidityS N Amin
Department of Surgery, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 83:246-9. 2001..Therefore, defunctioning loop ileostomies are being increasingly fashioned to protect against the consequences of a leak. However, the reported complication rates of such stoma creation and closure is between 5.7-69%...
- Recurrent severe postoperative bleeding after stapled hemorrhoidopexy requiring emergency laparotomyA Bufo
Tech Coloproctol 10:62-3. 2006
- Stapled transanal rectal resection (STARR) for rectoceleC Neal Ellis
Department of Surgery, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 11:153-4. 2007..3%, urgency in 1.1% and incontinence of flatus in 1.1% of patients. These data suggest that the STARR procedure is an effective management option for obstructed defecation with an acceptable risk of complications...
- Stapled transanal rectal resection under laparoscopic surveillance for rectocele and concomitant enteroceleS Petersen
Department of General and Abdominal Surgery, Dresden Friedrichstadt Hospital, Dresden, Germany
Dis Colon Rectum 49:685-9. 2006..We decided to perform a combined procedure of transanal rectal resection with a simultaneous laparoscopy for patients with obstructed defecation syndrome and an enterocele...
- Stapled haemorrhoidopexy in fourth degree haemorrhoidal prolapse: is it worthwhile?C Finco
University of Padova, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, 3th General Surgery Clinic, Coloproctological Unit, S Antonio Hospital, Padova, Italy
Colorectal Dis 8:130-4. 2006..Objective The aim of this study was prospectively to evaluate 116 patients who underwent stapled anopexy conducted by the same surgeon for III or IV degree haemorrhoidal prolapse...
- Stapled hemorrhoidopexy versus milligan-morgan hemorrhoidectomy: a prospective, randomized, multicenter trial with 2-year postoperative follow upJean François Gravié
CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Ann Surg 242:29-35. 2005..The goals of the study were to evaluate the efficacy and reproducibility of stapled hemorrhoidopexy and define its place among conventional techniques...
- Consensus conference on the stapled transanal rectal resection (STARR) for disordered defaecationM L Corman
Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, USA
Colorectal Dis 8:98-101. 2006....
- Experience of 3711 stapled haemorrhoidectomy operationsK H Ng
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608, Singapore
Br J Surg 93:226-30. 2006..Stapled haemorrhoidectomy has been routinely performed in the Department of Colorectal Surgery, Singapore General Hospital since 1999...
- Stapled transanal rectal resection versus stapled anopexy in the cure of hemorrhoids associated with rectal prolapse. A randomized controlled trialPaolo Boccasanta
Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, IRCCS Foundation, Milan, 1st Department of General Surgery, University of Milan, Via F Sforza 35, 20122, Milan, Italy
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:245-51. 2007..The aim of this randomized study was to evaluate the incidence of residual disease after SA and STARR in patients affected by prolapsed hemorrhoids associated with rectal prolapse...
- Rectal diverticulum: a new complication of STARR procedure for obstructed defecationG Sciaudone
First Division of General Surgery, Second University of Naples Policlinico, Naples, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 12:61-3. 2008..STARR procedure can produce new and difficult-to-treat complications and should be reserved for expert colorectal surgeons with proved familiarity in transanal surgery...
- Stapled hemorrhoidopexy and Milligan Morgan hemorrhoidectomy in the cure of fourth-degree hemorrhoids: long-term evaluation and clinical resultsClaudio Mattana
Department of Surgery, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Dis Colon Rectum 50:1770-5. 2007..The long-term results after stapled hemorrhoidopexy compared with Milligan-Morgan procedure are discussed...
- Long-term results after stapled haemorrhoidopexy for fourth-degree haemorrhoids: a prospective study with median follow-up of 6 yearsE Zacharakis
Fourth Academic Surgical Unit, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Makedonia, Greece
Tech Coloproctol 11:144-7; discussion 147-8. 2007..The aim of our study was to assess our early and long-term results after stapled haemorrhoidopexy for fourth-degree haemorrhoids...
- Stapled and open hemorrhoidectomy: randomized controlled trial of early resultsDomenico Palimento
Department of Surgery, Civil Hospital San Rocco, Via Sessa Mignana, 81037 Sessa Aurunca, Caserta, Italy
World J Surg 27:203-7. 2003..735). Hemorrhoidectomy with a circular staple device is easy to perform and achieves better results than the Milligan-Morgan technique in terms of postoperative pain and recovery. Comparable results are obtained at long-term follow-up...
- Systematic review on the procedure for prolapse and hemorrhoids (stapled hemorrhoidopexy)Joe J Tjandra
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Royal Melbourne Hospital and Epworth Hospitals, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Dis Colon Rectum 50:878-92. 2007..This is a systematic review on stapled hemorrhoidopexy of all randomized, controlled trials that have been published until August 2006...
- Continued rectal bleeding following stapled haemorrhoidectomyR Drummond
Colorectal Dis 9:669-70. 2007
- Stapled hemorrhoidopexy. Complications and 2-year follow-upGiovanni Angelone
General and Minimally Invasive Surgery Unit, S Maria Della Pietà Hospital, Casoria, Naples, Italy
Chir Ital 58:753-60. 2006....
- Long-term results after stapled hemorrhoidopexy: high patient satisfaction despite frequent postoperative symptomsP Fueglistaler
Surgical Department, St Claraspital, Basel, Switzerland
Dis Colon Rectum 50:204-12. 2007..We aimed to evaluate long-term results after stapled hemorrhoidopexy and to assess patient satisfaction in association with postoperative hemorrhoidal symptoms...
- Low hemorrhoidopexy staple line does not improve results and increases risk for incontinenceF Pigot
Proctology Service, Bagatelle Hospital, Talence Cedex, France
Tech Coloproctol 10:329-33. 2006..We assessed the association between outcome of SH and patients' characteristics and procedure parameters (associated procedure, suture line height, doughnut size, presence of malpighian tissue or smooth muscle in specimen)...
- The rectal pocket syndrome after stapled mucosectomyM Pescatori
Coloproctology Units of Villa Flaminia Hospital, Rome, Italy
Colorectal Dis 8:808-11. 2006..The aim of the present study was to report on a particular postoperative complication, the rectal pocket syndrome (RPS)...
- Perineal stapled prolapse resection: a new procedure for external rectal prolapseRoland Scherer
Center for Colorectal and Pelvic Floor Surgery, Waldfriede Hospital, Berlin, Germany
Dis Colon Rectum 51:1727-30. 2008..This technique has been modified to the perineal stapled prolapse resection. The surgical technique and the preliminary results of the new procedure for external rectal prolapse are presented...
- Stapled transanal rectal resection for obstructed defaecation and evidence-based practiceD G Jayne
Academic Surgical Unit, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Br J Surg 92:793-4. 2005
- Staple-line reinforcement with a new type of polyglycolic acid feltM Kawamura
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 11:43-6. 2001..In one patient, the air leak was found to originate from an untouched lobe during reoperation. No infection or allergic reaction developed in a patient during a mean follow-up of 12 months (range, 1 to 24 months)...
- Management of post-anopexy rectal strictureM Pescatori
Coloproctology Unit, Villa Flaminia Hospital, Via L Bodio 58, I 100191 Rome, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 6:125-6. 2002
- A systematic review of stapled hemorrhoidectomyL M Sutherland
ASERNIP S, 51 54 Palmer Pl, North Adelaide, South Australia 5006, Australia
Arch Surg 137:1395-406; discussion 1407. 2002..Use of circular stapled hemorrhoidectomy will result in the same or improved safety and efficacy outcomes as those of the conventional methods for hemorrhoidectomy in patients with hemorrhoids...
- Rectal perforation: a life-threatening complication of stapled hemorrhoidectomy: report of a caseLap Yuen Wong
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Dis Colon Rectum 46:116-7. 2003..We suggest that it should be performed by experienced colorectal surgeons who are familiar with the technique and aware of possible complications...
- PPH stapled hemorrhoidectomy--a cautionary noteMario Pescatori
Dis Colon Rectum 46:131. 2003
- Pneumomediastinum after dilatation of anal stricture following stapled hemorrhoidopexyI Kanellos
4th Surgical Department, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Tech Coloproctol 8:185-7. 2004..Drainage of the abscess was performed, allowing quick recovery. After discharge from the hospital, the patient continued to perform periodic dilatation. Simple proctoscopic dilatation was conducted in an outpatient setting...
- Clinical predictors of leak after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbid obesityE C Hamilton
Clinical Center for the Surgical Management of Obesity and the Southwestern Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390, USA
Surg Endosc 17:679-84. 2003..Contrast studies may underdiagnose leaks, forcing surgeons to rely solely on clinical data. This study was designed to evaluate various clinical signs for detecting leakage after LRYGB...
- Severe intra-abdominal bleeding following stapled mucosectomy due to enterocele: report of a caseG Aumann
Department of General and Abdominal Surgery, General Hospital Dresden Friedrichstadt, Teaching Hospital Technical University of Dresden, Friedrichstrasse 41, D 01067, Dresden, Germany
Tech Coloproctol 8:41-3. 2004..The serosa defect was sutured and a diverting sigmoid stoma was carried out. The patient left the hospital 10 days later. We emphasize vigilance for undetected enteroceles in mucosal prolapse syndrome combined with defecation problems...
- A prospective, randomized, controlled multicenter trial comparing stapled hemorrhoidopexy and Ferguson hemorrhoidectomy: perioperative and one-year resultsA J Senagore
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 47:1824-36. 2004..Results are presented here from the first prospective, randomized, multicenter trial comparing these hemorrhoid procedures in the United States...
- Reinforcing gastric staple-lines with bovine pericardial strips may decrease the likelihood of gastric leak after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypassScott A Shikora
Department of Surgery and Obesity Consult Center, Centerfor Minimally Invasive Obesity Surgery Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Obes Surg 13:37-44. 2003..Bovine pericardial strips (BPS) have been used to reinforce staple-lines in pulmonary resections and have been shown to decrease air-leaks. This study examined the use of BPS to decrease gastric staple-line leaks...
- A randomized, controlled trial of diathermy hemorrhoidectomy vs. stapled hemorrhoidectomy in an intended day-care setting with longer-term follow-upM J Cheetham
St Mark s Hospital, Northwick Park, Harrow, Middlesex, UK
Dis Colon Rectum 46:491-7. 2003..The aim of this study was to compare both the immediate and the long-term results of stapled hemorrhoidectomy with diathermy hemorrhoidectomy in patients with prolapsing internal hemorrhoids in an intended day-care setting...
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass leak complicationsJ Stephen Marshall
Department of Surgery, University of Illinois College of Medicine Peoria, Peoria, IL 61603, USA
Arch Surg 138:520-3; discussion 523-4. 2003..Enteric leakage is a significant complication of the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) procedure that can be treated successfully...
- Bleeding, incontinence, pain and constipation after STARR transanal double stapling rectotomy for obstructed defecationG Dodi
Coloproctology Unit, University Hospital, Padua, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 7:148-53. 2003..We report the postoperative complications and recurrence of symptoms following this novel operation...
- Surgical stapler-associated fatalities and adverse events reported to the Food and Drug AdministrationS Lori Brown
Epidemiology Branch, Division of Postmarket Surveillance, Office of Surveillance and Biometrics, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
J Am Coll Surg 199:374-81. 2004..The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates surgical staplers as a medical device. Manufacturers and health-care providers report adverse events occurring during the use of surgical staplers to the FDA...
- Complications after stapled hemorrhoidectomy: can they be prevented?B Ravo
Rome American Hospital, Via Emilio Longoni 69, I 00155 Rome, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 6:83-8. 2002..Most complications can be avoided by respecting the rectal wall anatomy in the execution of the procedure...
- Stapled rectal mucosectomy vs. closed hemorrhoidectomy: a randomized, clinical trialJosé Manuel Correa-Rovelo
Colon and Rectum Clinic, Medica Sur Hospital, Mexico City, Mexico
Dis Colon Rectum 45:1367-74; discussion 1374-5. 2002..We compared the safety and clinical outcome between stapled rectal mucosectomy and closed hemorrhoidectomy for the surgical treatment of noncomplicated hemorrhoidal disease...
- Prospective randomized multicentre trial comparing stapled with open haemorrhoidectomyE Ganio
Department of General Surgery, Colorectal Eporediensis Centre, Ivrea, Italy
Br J Surg 88:669-74. 2001..CONCLUSION: Stapled haemorrhoidectomy is as effective as conventional haemorrhoidectomy. Reduced postoperative pain, shorter hospital stay and a trend toward earlier return to work suggest short-term advantages for the stapled technique...
- Randomized trial assessing anal sphincter injuries after stapled haemorrhoidectomyY H Ho
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608
Br J Surg 88:1449-55. 2001..This study compared whether the procedure can be effectively performed without this dilator (ND technique), with better sphincter preservation...
- Long-term effects of stapled haemorrhoidectomy on internal anal function and sensitivityD F Altomare
Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantation, Section of General Surgery and Liver Transplantation, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Br J Surg 88:1487-91. 2001..IAS function and morphology, and anal canal sensitivity were studied prospectively in patients undergoing this operation...
- The effect of temporary hemiepiphyseal stapling on the growth plate: a radiologic and immunohistochemical study in rabbitsUmit S Aykut
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
J Pediatr Orthop 25:336-41. 2005..Temporary hemiepiphyseal stapling is a safe and effective method for control of physeal growth of long bones before skeletal maturity. However, it is of paramount importance not to disturb the periosteum during stapling...
- Reinterventions after complicated or failed stapled hemorrhoidopexyL Brusciano
Coloproctology Unit, Villa Flaminia Hospital, Rome, Italy
Dis Colon Rectum 47:1846-51. 2004..The aim of the present study is to analyze the causes for and the outcome of reintervention following either severely complicated or failed stapled hemorrhoidopexy...
- Rectal perforation, retropneumoperitoneum, and pneumomediastinum after stapling procedure for prolapsed hemorrhoids: report of a case and subsequent considerationsValter Ripetti
Department of Digestive Disease, Libera Università Campus Bio Medico, Rome, Italy
Dis Colon Rectum 45:268-70. 2002..Our experience, taken together with some other cases previously published of severe complications after such an operation, suggests caution in the use of this new technique for the treatment of a benign disease...
- Total stapled, total intra-abdominal (TSTI) laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: one leak in 1000 casesCarlos Carrasquilla
Florida Center for Surgical Weight Control, Florida Medical Center, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33313, USA
Obes Surg 14:613-7. 2004..Variations in technique of laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (LRYGBP) have been reported. These changes, mainly in the construction of the gastro-jejunostomy, are intended to decrease complications...
- Pathological audit of stapled haemorhoidopexyV Shanmugam
Department of Surgery, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, UK
Colorectal Dis 7:172-5. 2005..The aim of this study was to correlate histology with symptomatic outcome after stapled haemorrhoidopexy...
- Stapled vs excision hemorrhoidectomy: long-term results of a prospective randomized trialFranc H Hetzer
Department for Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital of Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Arch Surg 137:337-40. 2002..Furthermore, stapled hemorrhoidectomy is associated with lower hemorrhoidal recurrence on long-term follow-up...
- Rectovaginal fistula after stapled haemorrhoidopexyP J McDonald
Colorectal Dis 6:64-5. 2004
- Stapled hemorrhoidopexy for prolapsed piles performed with concurrent perianal conditionsK H Ng
Tech Coloproctol 7:214-5; discussion 215. 2003
- Prospective study of factors affecting postoperative pain and symptom persistence after stapled rectal mucosectomy for hemorrhoids: a need for preservation of squamous epitheliumJosé M Correa-Rovelo
Colon and Rectum Clinic, Medica Sur Hospital, Mexico City, Mexico
Dis Colon Rectum 46:955-62. 2003..Intensity of postoperative pain was associated with the type of resected epithelium. This suggests that low transection of hemorrhoids must be avoided...
- Stapled hemorrhoidectomy versus conventional excision hemorrhoidectomy for acute hemorrhoidal crisisHuang Jen Lai
Division of Colorectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
J Gastrointest Surg 11:1654-61. 2007..However, we suggest that older patients with anemia or a prolonged hemorrhoidal crisis are unsuitable for stapled hemorrhoidectomy...
- Technical considerations for transabdominal loading of the circular stapler in laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypassMichel M Murr
Department of Surgery and Interdisciplinary Obesity Treatment Group, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL, USA
Am J Surg 185:585-8. 2003..Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass is being undertaken with increasing frequency. We describe a technique for introducing the anvil of the circular stapler using a totally transabdominal approach...
- Early results after laparoscopic gastric bypass: EEA vs GIA stapled gastrojejunal anastomosisTimothy R Shope
Department of Surgery, Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Obes Surg 13:355-9. 2003..Many surgeons rely on stapling devices for the gastrojejunal (GJ) anastomosis. Early follow-up results were compared for two laparoscopic techniques for GJ anastomosis: circular end-to-end (EEA) and linear cutting (GIA) staplers...
- Stapled hemorrhoidectomy vs closed diathermy-excision hemorrhoidectomy without suture-ligation: a case-controlled trialSergio Eduardo Alonso Araujo
Colorectal Surgery Division, Hospital Santa Helena, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Hepatogastroenterology 54:2243-8. 2007..We compared stapled hemorrhoidectomy to closed diathermy-excision hemorrhoidectomy without suture-ligation regarding postoperative pain, complications and long-term efficacy...
- Prospective, randomized trial comparing a 3- versus 6-stitch purse-string suture in stapled hemorrhoidopexyYasuhiro Inoue
Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Division of Reparative Medicine, Institute of Life Sciences, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsu, Japan
Dig Surg 24:382-7. 2007....
- Laparoscopic esophagogastric circular stapled anastomosis: a modified technique to protect the esophagusNaoki Hiki
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Gastroenterological Center, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 3 10 6 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Gastric Cancer 10:181-6. 2007..This modified procedure of laparoscopic esophagogastric anastomosis after proximal gastrectomy for the resection of cancer is a simple, rapid, and atraumatic technique which reduces the risk of anastomotic insufficiency...
- Establishing UMMC's Clinical Center in NIDDK's Gastropa*Thomas Abell; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- A Device to Reduce Anastomotic Failure in the Treatment of Colorectal CancerJASON ZAND; Fiscal Year: 2009..a device that: integrates into the surgical workflow by coupling to a commercially available, off-the-shelf surgical stapling instrument, employs an array of multimodality sensors to assess the viability of the tissues at the staple ..
- Device to Improve Treatment of Colorectal Cancer Using O2 Dependent PhosphorescenJASON MATTHEW ZAND; Fiscal Year: 2010..a device that: integrates into the surgical workflow by coupling to a commercially available, off-the-shelf surgical stapling instrument, employs an array of multimodality sensors to assess the viability of the tissues at the staple ..
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposal will define important, novel neural mechanisms regulating motor and absorptive function in the denervated gut. Selected aspects have translational value to clinical gut transplantation. ..
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 2005..This proposal will define important, novel neural mechanisms regulating motor and absorptive function in the denervated gut. Selected aspects have translational value to clinical gut transplantation. ..
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal will define important, novel neural mechanisms regulating motor and absorptive function in the denervated gut. Selected aspects have translational value to clinical gut transplantation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will define important, novel neural mechanisms regulating motor and absorptive function in the denervated gut. Selected aspects have translational value to clinical gut transplantation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ACADEMIC TRAINING IN TRAUMA AND BURNSMarc Basson; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal involves 3 trainees/year who are general surgery residents and will spend a minimum of two years doing basic research. ..
- Establishing UMMC's Clinical Center in NIDDK's Gastroparesis Research ConsortiumThomas Abell; Fiscal Year: 2008..the baseline parameters, cutaneous EGG values and mucosal EGG values, can predict response to GES; and (5) based on the results of the study, develop guidelines to better identify those who would most likely benefit from permanent GES ..
- BioMEMs Sensor for Monitoring Fracture HealingChristian Puttlitz; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- BioMEMs Sensor for Monitoring Fracture HealingChristian Puttlitz; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 2003..This proposal will define important new neural (and hormonal) mechanisms regulating motor and absorptive function in denervated gut. Selected aspects are pertinent to clinical gut transplantation. ..
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 2002..This proposal will define important new neural (and hormonal) mechanisms regulating motor and absorptive function in denervated gut. Selected aspects are pertinent to clinical gut transplantation. ..
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 2001..This proposal will define important new neural (and hormonal) mechanisms regulating motor and absorptive function in denervated gut. Selected aspects are pertinent to clinical gut transplantation. ..
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 1999
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY AND FUNCTION OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 1990..These experiments are directly relevant and will be clinically-applicable in understanding motor and absorptive aspects of the physiology of enteric function after intestinal transplantation...
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY AND FUNCTION OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 1991..These experiments are directly relevant and will be clinically-applicable in understanding motor and absorptive aspects of the physiology of enteric function after intestinal transplantation...
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY AND FUNCTION OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 1992..These experiments are directly relevant and will be clinically-applicable in understanding motor and absorptive aspects of the physiology of enteric function after intestinal transplantation...
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY AND FUNCTION OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 1993
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 2000
- Pressure stimulated cell adhesionMarc Basson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The signals we define will represent important targets for perioperative intervention to reduce iatrogenic tumor spread during surgery and perhaps new targets for cancer therapy to inhibit metastasis. ..