Summary: Formation of an artificial opening in a fallopian tube.
Publications141 found, 100 shown here
- Tubal patency following surgical and clinical treatment of ectopic pregnancyJulio Elito Junior
Department of Obstetrics, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Maria Carolina 68, Jardim Paulistano, Sao Paulo SP, CEP 01445 000, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 124:264-6. 2006..The objective was to evaluate contralateral tubal patency using hysterosalpingography following surgery and clinical treatment of tubal pregnancy...
- Role of laparoscopic salpingostomy in the treatment of hydrosalpinxR C Taylor
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Fertil Steril 75:594-600. 2001OBJECTIVE: To determine pregnancy rates after laparoscopic salpingostomy in occlusive distal tubal disease...
- Surgical treatment of ectopic pregnancyMohammed Agdi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Women s Pavilion, 687 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 23:519-27. 2009..In addition, hemoperitoneum is not a contraindication for performing laparoscopy. Linear salpingostomy is the procedure of choice when unruptured tubal pregnancy is found in women who want to preserve their ..
- Systemic methotrexate therapy versus laparoscopic salpingostomy in tubal pregnancy. Part II. Patient preferences for systemic methotrexateP T Nieuwkerk
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 70:518-22. 1998To investigate patient preferences for systemic methotrexate therapy relative to laparoscopic salpingostomy in the treatment of tubal pregnancy.
- The ESEP study: salpingostomy versus salpingectomy for tubal ectopic pregnancy; the impact on future fertility: a randomised controlled trialFemke Mol
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Womens Health 8:11. 2008..Whether surgical treatment should be performed conservatively (salpingostomy) or radically (salpingectomy) in women wishing to preserve their reproductive capacity, is subject to debate...
- Randomised trial of systemic methotrexate versus laparoscopic salpingostomy in tubal pregnancyP J Hajenius
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Lancet 350:774-9. 1997Laparoscopic salpingostomy is a well-established treatment for patients with tubal pregnancy who desire to retain fertility. Another approach that preserves the fallopian tube is medical treatment...
- Systemic methotrexate therapy versus laparoscopic salpingostomy in patients with tubal pregnancy. Part I. Impact on patients' health-related quality of lifeP T Nieuwkerk
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 70:511-7. 1998To compare patients' health-related quality of life after systemic methotrexate therapy versus laparoscopic salpingostomy for tubal pregnancy.
- Surgical management of ectopic pregnancyT Tulandi
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Obstet Gynecol 42:31-8; quiz 55-6. 1999Laparoscopic salpingostomy remains the definitive and universal treatment of ectopic pregnancy in patients who are hemodynamically stable and who wish to preserve their fertility...
- Ectopic pregnancy: an updateMartin C Sowter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National Women s Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 16:289-93. 2004..This review discusses recent publications that investigate the epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of ectopic pregnancy...
- [Contribution of laparoscopy in improving the therapy in patients with tubal infertility]Simina Vegheş
Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi, Facultatea de Medicina Dentara, Clinica a II a Obstetrică Ginecologie
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 110:624-32. 2006..26% of cases), distal tubal reconstruction--fimbrioplasty (45.39% of cases) or neo-salpingostomy (21.98% of cases)--followed by ovarian drilling. The incidence of the uterine pregnancies obtained (30...
- Prophylactic bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy compared with surveillance in women with BRCA mutationsKathleen M Schmeler
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:515-20. 2006..The objective of this study was to evaluate clinical factors associated with choosing prophylactic bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (BSO) over surveillance in women with a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation...
- Heterotopic pregnancy after Postinor-2Steven Tan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Royal North Shore Hospital, Pacific Highway, St Leonards, NSW 20006, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 44:460-1. 2004
- Re-evaluation of the indication for and limitation of laparoscopic salpingotomy for tubal pregnancyAkira Fujishita
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 137:210-6. 2008..We investigated the outcome of laparoscopic salpingotomy for tubal pregnancy by follow-up hysterosalpingography (HSG) or second-look laparoscopy (SLL) and reexamined the indication for and limitation of this conservative surgery...
- Endocrinology of ectopic pregnancyErkut Attar
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical School, Capa, Istanbul, 34093, Turkey
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 31:779-94, x. 2004..This article discusses the endocrinology of ectopic pregnancy...
- Bilateral ectopic pregnancyJosé F De Los Ríos
Gynecological Endoscopic Unit of Clínica del Prado, Medellin, Colombia
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 14:419-27. 2007....
- Controversies in the management of ectopic pregnancyYing Cheong
Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Jessop Wing, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Reprod Biomed Online 15:396-402. 2007..A variable dosing methotrexate regimen is more effective compared with single dose regimen, and the fixed multiple regimen is associated with a high rate of side effects...
- Ethical and medical considerations in the treatment of ectopic pregnancyAnthony R Pivarunas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sisters of Charity Hospital, Buffalo, NY
Linacre Q 70:195-209. 2003
- [Management of analysis in case of ectopic pregnancy--own material]Małgorzata Kempf-Haber
Kliniki Ginekologii i Niepłodności CMUJ w Krakowie
Ginekol Pol 74:1557-62. 2003..Delay in diagnosing subsequently cause severe threat to patients life. Recognition improvement means equally decrease in mortality connected to ectopic pregnancy...
- Ectopic pregnancyDavid Della-Giustina
United States Army, Military and Emergency Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Tacoma, WA 98431, USA
Emerg Med Clin North Am 21:565-84. 2003..Ultrasound findings in conjunction with quantitative beta-hCG levels guide the management of the patient...
- Current management of ectopic pregnancyLiberato V Mukul
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Academic Office 1, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 34:403-19, x. 2007....
- Simultaneous tubal pregnancy and twisted ovarian cystVorapong Phupong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Rama IV Road, 10330 Pathumwan, Bangkok, Thailand
Arch Gynecol Obstet 268:211-3. 2003..Simultaneous or concomitant bilateral adnexal pathology is rare. But simultaneous tubal pregnancy and twisted ovarian cyst is even rarer...
- Chance of adhesion formation after laparoscopic salpingo-ovariolysis: is there a place for second-look laparoscopy?Saeed Alborzi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Iran
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 10:172-6. 2003..To evaluate the chance of adhesion formation after laparoscopic salpingo-ovariolysis and determine the efficacy of early second-look laparoscopy (SLL)...
- Serous papillary cystic ovarian borderline tumor: case reportR Idotta
Gynecologic Department 2, Casa di cura Villa Autora, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 29:293-6. 2002..Conservative surgery allowed a subsequent pregnancy with spontaneous delivery 27 months later...
- [Surgical laparoscopy in the management of women infertility]Radhouane Rachdi
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Militaire de Tunis
Tunis Med 82:837-42. 2004..The rate of intra uterine pregnancy of the 81 followed patients is 40.7% with 23 newborn (28.39%), 5 abortions (6.17%) and 5 current pregnancies (6.17%). The rate of ectopic pregnancies is 3.7%...
- Preservation of tubal function following methotrexate treatment for ectopic pregnancyTakahiro Suzuki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Specialized Clinical Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Bohseidai, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Tokai J Exp Clin Med 29:183-9. 2004..The findings suggest that MTX is not necessary to preserve tubal function...
- Ectopic pregnancy in a preexisting hydrosalpinx during a spontaneous pregnancyRachana V Garde
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Fertility, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Fertil Steril 86:1001.e11-3. 2006..To discuss the possible role of abnormal embryo migration as a cause of ectopic pregnancy during IVF with hydrosalpinges...
- Recurrence of hydrosalpinges after cuff neosalpingostomy in a poor prognosis populationAykut Bayrak
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Women s and Children s Hospital, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Assist Reprod Genet 23:285-8. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the recurrence rate of hydrosalpinges after cuff neosalpingostomy in poor prognosis candidates...
- Orbital metastasis from ovarian carcinoma in a patient with BRCA-2 mutationRishi P Singh
Eye Plastics, Orbit, and Cosmetic Surgery, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 22:298-9. 2006..Pathology confirmed poorly differentiated tumor cells consistent with ovarian carcinoma. Cytopathologic testing confirmed receptor and hormonal markers within the orbital specimen that were identical to specimens removed 4 years prior...
- Right ectopic gestation following in vitro fertilisation: case reportR B Parkar
Sarit Centre, 00606, Nairobi, Kenya
East Afr Med J 83:341-5. 2006..A right linear salpingostomy was subsequently performed laparoscopically. Histology confirmed the presence of tubal chorionic villi...
- Proximal tubal occlusion and salpingectomy result in similar improvement in in vitro fertilization outcome in patients with hydrosalpinxAntonios Kontoravdis
Second Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens, Aretaieion Hospital, Athens, Greece
Fertil Steril 86:1642-9. 2006..To evaluate and compare the clinical impact of proximal tubal occlusion and salpingectomy when performed before IVF in patients with hydrosalpinges...
- Ectopic pregnancyJames Johnston Walker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St James University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Clin Obstet Gynecol 50:89-99. 2007..This article covers what is currently known about the etiology of this condition, the best approach to the diagnoses and management and the long-term consequences for the women concerned...
- Ectopic pregnancy: expectant management of immediate surgery?Kalyanakrishnan Ramakrishnan
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 900 NE 10th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73104 USA
J Fam Pract 55:517-22. 2006
- Microsurgery versus laparoscopy in distal tubal obstruction hysterosalpingographically or laparoscopically investigatedB Mossa
Department of Gynecological Science, Perinatology and Child Health University of Rome, La Sapienza, II School of Medicine, Italy
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 32:169-71. 2005..To compare pregnancy rates after laparotomic microsurgical or laparoscopic distal tuboplasty...
- Laparoscopic surgeryRay Garry
Gynaecology Department, University of Western Australia, Perth 6008, Australia
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 20:89-104. 2006..Surgical proficiency in safe laparoscopic entry and laparoscopic tubal surgery should lead to the confidence to then undertake more complex procedures...
- A profile of ectopic pregnancy at nepal medical college teaching hospitalPramila Pradhan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Nepal Medical College Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal
Nepal Med Coll J 8:238-42. 2006..Late presentation and ruptured ectopic pregnancy is associated with increased morbidity and mortality. High index of suspicion and early recourse to laparotomy save the life from this obstetric disaster...
- Surgical treatment of ectopic pregnancyMohammed Al-Sunaidi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Semin Reprod Med 25:117-22. 2007..In women of reproductive age with tubal pregnancy, salpingostomy is the preferred surgical method...
- Feasibility and clinical significance of endoluminal assessment by transvaginal salpingoscopy during transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy in infertile womenTatsuya Suzuki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 12:420-5. 2005..To investigate the feasibility and clinical usefulness of transvaginal salpingoscopy (TS) during transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy (THL) in infertile women...
- Clinical outcome of cystectomy compared with unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy as fertility-sparing treatment of borderline ovarian tumorsYoav Yinon
Division of Gynecological Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Fertil Steril 88:479-84. 2007..To compare recurrence rates and fertility outcomes of patients with borderline ovarian tumors (BOTs) who underwent unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy with those of patients who underwent cystectomy only...
- [Laparoscopic hysterectomy in the surgical treatment of gynecological malignant and premalignant diseases]Antonio Maffuz-Aziz
Cir Cir 73:107-12. 2005..However, its use in malignant or premalignant gynecological lesions is not well established. The objective of the present study was to show the feasibility of LH in a tertiary cancer center...
- Omental trophoblastic implants and hemoperitoneum after laparoscopic salpingostomy for ectopic pregnancy. A case reportLubna Pal
Departments of Gynecology and Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Reprod Med 48:57-9. 2003..The aim of surgical intervention remains conservation of the fallopian tube, if possible; salpingectomy is reserved for cases of tubal rupture and/or recurrent ectopic pregnancy, where little hope exists of salvaging tubal function...
- Current evidence on surgery, systemic methotrexate and expectant management in the treatment of tubal ectopic pregnancy: a systematic review and meta-analysisF Mol
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Academic Medical Centre, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod Update 14:309-19. 2008..To evaluate the effectiveness of surgery, medical treatment and expectant management of tubal ectopic pregnancy (EP) in terms of treatment success (i.e. complete elimination of trophoblast tissue), financial costs and future fertility...
- Heterotopic pregnancy presenting with acute left chest painFikret Bildik
Gazi University Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Emerg Med 26:835.e1-2. 2008..We present a case, admitted to the emergency department, with atypical symptoms including acute left chest pain radiating to left shoulder, at 5 weeks' gestation...
- The effect of adnexal surgery on the ovarian response to stimulation in in vitro fertilizationAdrian Shulman
In Vitro Fertilization Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, 52621, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 103:158-62. 2002..The effect of adnexal surgery on ovarian function is a controversial issue of high clinical significance. The purpose of this study was to assess the effect of adnexal surgery on ovarian function...
- Struma Ovarii with a focus of follicular variant of papillary thyroid cancer: a case reportMichael Lao
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West Virginia University Women and Children s Hospital Charleston Area Medical Center, USA
W V Med J 104:12-4. 2008..Mature cystic teratomas may contain small amounts of thyroid tissue. Carcinomatous change in Struma Ovarii is extremely rare. No guidelines exist regarding the staging and treatment of malignant Struma Ovarii...
- Epidermoid cyst and primary trabecular carcinoid of the ovary: case reportA Azzena
Department of Gynaecological Sciences and Human Reproduction Padua University, Italy
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 23:317-9. 2002..Prognosis is very good because the rate of malignant transformation is 1.4%-2% and the rate of complications is 14%. Thus conservative surgical therapy associated with long-term follow-up is the treatment of choice...
- Ovarian fibrosarcoma with five-year survival: a case reportL Cinel
Department of Pathology, Medical School of Mersin University, Turkey
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 23:345-6. 2002..A low proliferation index with Ki-67 was determined. The patient has shown no evidence of recurrent disease for five years...
- Systematic salpingoscopy and microsalpingoscopy during fertiloscopyA Watrelot
Centre de Recherche et d Etude de la Stérilité, Le Britannia, 20 Boulevard Eugene Deruelle, 69003 Lyon, France
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:453-9. 2002..To assess the feasibility of routine salpingoscopy and microsalpingoscopy by the vaginal route during fertiloscopy...
- The potential of preoperative beta-hCG and progesterone levels to predict failure of laparoscopic linear salpingostomy in ectopic pregnanciesGernot Tews
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Women s General Hospital, Lederergasse 47, A 4020 Linz, Austria
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:460-3. 2002To estimate the association between preoperative beta-human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) and progesterone levels, and success of linear salpingostomy in treatment of tubal pregnancy.
- Intratubal methotrexate for prevention of persistent ectopic pregnancy after salpingotomyHakan Kaya
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Suleyman Demirel, Isparta 32040, Turkey
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:464-7. 2002..To investigate whether frequency of persistent ectopic pregnancy after linear salpingotomy can be reduced by prophylactic administration of a single intraoperative injection of local methotrexate...
- Ovarian response to gonadotropins after laparoscopic salpingectomy or the division of fallopian tubes for hydrosalpingesTarek A Gelbaya
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Saint Mary s Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 85:1464-8. 2006..To compare the effect of prophylactic laparoscopic salpingectomy versus division of the fallopian tubes on ovarian response to gonadotropins in women undergoing IVF...
- Persistent ectopic pregnancy after linear salpingotomy: a non-predictable complication to conservative surgery for tubal gestationClaus Otto Lund
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Laparoscopic Unit, Hvidovre University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:1053-9. 2002..The purpose was to characterize patients who develop persistent ectopic pregnancy (PEP) after salpingotomy for EP and to assess prognostic factors...
- Successful intrauterine pregnancy following salpingostomy; case reportJ N Eze
Ebonyi State University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, St Mary s Hospital, GRA, Enugu
Niger J Med 17:360-2. 2008..ectopic pregnancy managed by salpingectomy and later had unruptured heterotopic pregnancy involving the contralateral tube and managed by salpingostomy, after which she had spontaneous abortion of the associated intrauterine pregnancy.
- [Conservative, laparoscopic and medical treatment of ectopic pregnancy]Arturo Molina Sosa
Ginecol Obstet Mex 75:539-48. 2007..Patients with ectopic pregnancy history have bad forecast on subsequent fertility...
- Laparoscopic management of ectopic pregnancyMalgorzata Gajewska
1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 29:267-71. 2008..To assess the diagnostic process, laparoscopic treatment and postoperative period in patients hospitalized with a suspicion of ectopic pregnancy...
- Previous ectopic pregnancy as a predictor of failure of systemic methotrexate therapyGary H Lipscomb
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
Fertil Steril 81:1221-4. 2004..To investigate whether a history of previous ectopic pregnancy is an independent risk factor for failure of methotrexate therapy in subsequent ectopic pregnancies and whether the previous treatment method influenced failure...
- A novel modification of traditional 2-port laparoscopic surgery using a 5-mm flexible scopeIwaho Kikuchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 16:734-8. 2009..technique including 1 salpingectomy, 3 ovarian cystectomies, 2 total laparoscopic hysterectomies, 1 linear salpingostomy, and 1 total laparoscopic myomectomy...
- Clinical and pregnancy outcome following ectopic pregnancy; a prospective study comparing expectancy, surgery and systemic methotrexate treatmentJ I Olofsson
Department of Clinical Science, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Umea University Hospital, S 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 80:744-9. 2001..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effectiveness of methotrexate treatment in routine clinical practice, but also to assess pregnancy outcome during a 2.5-year follow-up period...
- Microsurgery for tubal infertilityVictor Gomel
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Reprod Med 51:177-84. 2006..We document the beneficial role of laparoscopic salpingoovariolysis, fimbrioplasty and salpingostomy performed during the initial diagnostic laparoscopy...
- [Fertility after treatment for ectopic pregnancy: evaluation of the switch from laparotomy to laparascopy]J J van Beek
Isala Klinieken, locatie Sophia, afd Obstetrie en Gynaecologie, Dr van Heesweg 2, 8025 AB Zwolle
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 149:407-12. 2005..Evaluation of the switch in surgical treatment for ectopic pregnancy from laparotomy to laparoscopy at the Sophia Hospital, Zwolle, the Netherlands...
- Ectopic pregnancy--an analysis of 180 casesArup Kumar Majhi
Departmeht of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, NRS Medical College, Kolkata
J Indian Med Assoc 105:308, 310, 312 passim. 2007..9% unruptured. Surgery by open method in the form of salpingectomy (81.9%), salpingo-oophorectomy (9.3%) and salpingostomy (5.3%) were the mainstay of management. Expectant management and medical therapy can be offered only in 1...
- Organ-preserving and reconstructive microsurgery of the fallopian tubes in tubal infertility: still an alternative to in vitro fertilization (IVF)Cordula Schippert
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Division of Reproductive Medicine, Medical School of Hannover, Hannover, Germany
J Reconstr Microsurg 26:317-23. 2010..sterilization underwent microsurgical treatment (microsurgical adhesiolysis, anastomosis, fimbrioplasty, salpingostomy, and refertilization due to former sterilization)...
- [Unruptured ectopic pregnancy: diagnosis and treatment. State of art]Julio Elito Junior
Departamento de Obstetricia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet 30:149-59. 2008..Salpingectomy should be performed in patients having the desired number of children, while salpingostomy should be indicated in patients willing to have more children, when the b-hCG titers are under 5,000 mUI/mL ..
- Persistent tubal pregnancy presenting with delayed hemorrhage from a second implantation of trophoblast on the ovary: a case reportRandal D Robinson
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Reprod Med 49:693-5. 2004..The use of conservative surgical techniques to treat ectopic pregnancies has been reported to increase the rate of incomplete trophoblastic tissue removal and subsequent regrowth...
- Development of an objective structured assessment of technical skills for obstetric and gynecology residentsB A Goff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98195 6460, USA
Obstet Gynecol 96:146-50. 2000..To develop an objective structured assessment for evaluating surgical skills of obstetrics and gynecology residents and to evaluate the reliability and validity of the assessment...
- Resident training and endoscopic hospital privilegingM Milad
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 13:431-6. 2001..and methodology improved, gynecological endoscopy was applied to more complex processes, including salpingostomy or salpingectomy for ectopic pregnancy, and ovarian cystectomy or oophorectomy for benign conditions...
- Laparoscopic management of ectopic pregnancy: a 5-year experienceH Mohamed
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, South Cleveland Hospital, Middlesbrough, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 22:411-4. 2002..Thirty-five (16.7%) women were treated conservatively by salpingostomy. Of these 22.9% achieved a successful pregnancy and delivery...
- Laparoscopic management of hydrosalpinxJohn N Bontis
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1092:199-210. 2006..trials are required to assess other surgical treatment options for hydrosalpinx, such as laparoscopic salpingostomy, laparoscopic or hysteroscopic tubal occlusion, and drainage of hydrosalpinx before or during oocyte retrieval.
- The ectopic pregnancy, a diagnostic and therapeutic challengeDavid Stucki
Clinique de gynécologie Obstitrique, Hopital Cantonal, Fribourg, Swiss
J Med Life 1:40-8. 2008..It is also indicated where trophoblastic tissue persists after surgery, notably salpingostomy. and in non-tubal ectopic pregnancies...
- Hydrosalpinx and ART. Salpingectomy prior to IVF can be recommended to a well-defined subgroup of patientsA Strandell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, S 413 45, Goteborg, Sweden
Hum Reprod 15:2072-4. 2000..while transvaginal ultrasound is not appropriate in selecting patients to undergo either salpingectomy or salpingostomy. The Scandinavian study showed that patients with hydrosalpinges which are large enough to be visible on ..
- Development of a bench station objective structured assessment of technical skillsB A Goff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195 6460, USA
Obstet Gynecol 98:412-6. 2001..Our goal was to develop a less costly bench station objective structured assessment of technical skills and to evaluate the feasibility, reliability, and validity of this exam...
- Spontaneous heterotopic triplets: a case reportAarathi Cholkeri-Singh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, Illinois 60068, USA
Fertil Steril 88:968.e5-7. 2007..To present a case report of a spontaneous, heterotopic, triplet conception of a patient without any risk factors...
- Reconstructive, organ-preserving microsurgery in tubal infertility: still an alternative to in vitro fertilizationCordula Schippert
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Medicine, OE 6410, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Fertil Steril 93:1359-61. 2010..reconstructive surgery of the fallopian tubes (including adhesiolysis, anastomosis, fimbrioplasty, salpingostomy, and refertilization after former sterilization). The pregnancy (43.4%) and birth (29...
- Reproductive performance after ectopic pregnancyJohn E Buster
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Semin Reprod Med 25:131-3. 2007..We searched the literature and then tabulated published case reports on laparoscopic salpingostomy, multiple-dose methotrexate, single-dose methotrexate, and expectant management...
- Acute urinary retention caused by a unilateral hematometraE P Loong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin
Arch Gynecol Obstet 247:211-3. 1990..Treatment was by abdominal metroplasty with complete excision of the uterine septum and a terminal cuff salpingostomy. Urological investigation revealed ipsilateral renal agenesis.
- Experience with transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy for reconstructive tubo-ovarian surgeryStephan Gordts
Leuven Institute for Fertility and Embryology, Tiensevest 168, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Reprod Biomed Online 4:72-5. 2002..treatment of superficial and cystic ovarian endometriosis, drilling of the ovarian capsule, adhesiolysis and salpingostomy. Operative procedures were performed in 78 patients...
- Twin intrauterine and cornual gestation in a case of triplet pregnancySangeeta M Bhat
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nizwa Hospital, PO Box 1222, Postal Code 611, Al Dakhliya Region, Sultanate of Oman
Saudi Med J 25:1704-6. 2004..Our patient with previous left salpingostomy and right salpingo-oophorectomy had 4 embryos transferred through in vitro fertilization out of which 3 were ..
- Laparoscopic salpingectomy for women with hydrosalpinges enhances the success of IVF: a Cochrane reviewN P Johnson
Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Auckland, National Women s Hospital, Claude Road, Epsom, Auckland, New Zealand
Hum Reprod 17:543-8. 2002..The aim of this study was to determine whether surgical intervention is effective for women with tubal disease who are due to undergo treatment with IVF...
- Reproductive outcomes after medical and surgical management of ectopic pregnancyCaroline Juneau
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 55:455-60. 2012..Laparoscopic salpingostomy or salpingectomy remains the preferred means of surgical removal of ectopic pregnancies...
- Breast Cancer Incidence After Risk-Reducing Salpingo-Oophorectomy in BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutation CarriersIngrid E Fakkert
University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Department of Epidemiology, Groningen, The Netherlands
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 5:1291-7. 2012..Previously reported breast cancer risk reductions up to 50% were not confirmed. As a consequence, continued intensive screening for breast cancer is warranted in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers after RRSO...
- [Feasibility of laparoendoscopic single-site surgery in gynecology with conventional laparoscopic instruments]L de Poncheville
Clinique du Mail Capio, 96, allée du Mail, 17000 La Rochelle, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 40:729-33. 2012..To describe the safety and efficacy of single-port access for laparoscopic surgery in gynecology with conventional laparoscopic instruments...
- Surgical aspects of removal of Essure microinsertCatherine M Albright
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Warren Alpert School of Medicine, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Contraception 88:334-6. 2013..end of the fallopian tube to ensure complete removal of the insert; perform a salpingectomy rather than a salpingostomy. By taking into account these principles, key preoperative counseling points can be discussed, and ..
- hCG in ectopic pregnancyKevin Visconti
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 55:410-7. 2012..This chapter will describe current trends in ectopic pregnancy diagnosis based on hCG levels...
- Changes in the ovarian stromal blood flow in patients treated with laparoscopic salpingostomy for ectopic pregnancyU Keskin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy and Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
J Obstet Gynaecol 33:399-402. 2013This study is aimed to evaluate the impact of laparoscopic salpingostomy on ovarian stromal blood flow indices in patients with ectopic pregnancy, and to compare the ovarian stromal blood flow indices with matched paired healthy women...
- Risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy for the prevention of BRCA1- and BRCA2-associated breast and gynecologic cancer: a multicenter, prospective studyNoah D Kauff
Clinical Genetics and Gynecology Services, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, Box 192, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1331-7. 2008....
- Fatigue and quality of life after risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy in women at increased risk for hereditary breast-ovarian cancerTrond M Michelsen
Department of Gynaecology, Sørlandet Hospital, Arendal, Norway
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:1029-36. 2009....
- Congenital partial atresia of the Fallopian tubeFrank Nawroth
Endokrinologikum Hamburg, Centre for Hormone and Metabolic Diseases, Reproductive Medicine and Gynaecological Endocrinology, Hamburg, Germany
Reprod Biomed Online 12:205-8. 2006..b>Salpingostomy and fimbrial approximation is a realistic option in patients with congenital ampullary atresia who wish to ..
- Outcome of tubal macrosurgery in Gombe, North-eastern NigeriaM Bukar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, P M B 1414, Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria
J Obstet Gynaecol 29:536-8. 2009..Secondary infertility (58, 63%) was the commonest cause; mild tubal disease occurred in 21 (22.8%) patients. Salpingostomy was performed in 29 (31.5%); salpingolysis in 19 (20.7%) and multiple procedures in 33 (35.9%)...
- Extension of ovarian tissue into the infundibulopelvic ligament beyond visual marginsIrina A Fennimore
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Bethesda North Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Gynecol Oncol 114:61-3. 2009....
- Factors affecting fertility following radical versus conservative surgical treatment for tubal pregnancyM Rashid
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Security Forces Hospital, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 22:337-41. 2001..The patient's age, previous obstetric performance and a history of infertility significantly influenced fertility following the index ectopic pregnancy...
- Management of ectopic pregnancy through a posterior colpotomy: two casesScott A Farrell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dalhousie University, Halifax NS
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 30:1137-9. 2008..An alternative surgical approach, by posterior colpotomy, was advocated as a diagnostic and a therapeutic approach that often avoided laparotomy...
- Pregnancy rates following fimbriectomy reversal via neosalpingostomy: a 10-year retrospective analysisD E Tourgeman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Southern California-Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Fertil Steril 76:1041-4. 2001..The best candidates for this procedure are spontaneously ovulatory and have a tubal length of more than 7 cm...
- Endometrioid adenocarcinoma after insertion of a levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine systemRhonda Flemming
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chase Farm Hospital, Enfield Middlesex, United Kingdom
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 15:771-3. 2008..This case raises the question of the safety of levonorgestrel-releasing IUS for the prevention and treatment of endometrial hyperplasia and carcinoma...
- Simultaneous bilateral tubal pregnancy after in vitro fertilization and embryo transferSunduz Ozlem Altinkaya
Zekai Tahir Burak Women s Health Care Research, Education Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 47:338-40. 2008..Ectopic pregnancies are known to occur with increased frequency after in vitro fertilization (IVF) and related techniques. We present a case of bilateral tubal pregnancy following IVF and embryo transfer (ET)...
- Postoperative day 3 serum human chorionic gonadotropin decline as a predictor of persistent ectopic pregnancy after linear salpingotomyW A Poppe
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Universitair Ziekenhuis Gasthuisberg, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 99:249-52. 2001..To evaluate the ability of preoperative clinical, ultrasonographic, intraoperative findings and pre-postoperative serum human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) levels to predict persistent ectopic pregnancy (EP)...
- Trends for inpatient treatment of tubal pregnancy in MarylandCatherine A Sewell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:404-8. 2002..The purpose of this study was to determine the burden of tubal pregnancy in Maryland in hospitalized patients and to elicit treatment trends...
- Serum beta-hCG regression after laparoscopic salpingostomy in the treatment of ectopic pregnancy in Thai womenWirach Wisawasukmongchol
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 85:S441-6. 2002..reviewed the regression pattern of serum beta hCG in Thai women with ectopic pregnancy after laparoscopic salpingostomy. The study group included the medical records of 21 patients who underwent laparoscopic salpingostomy between ..
- A vaginal and extraperitoneal approach to surgically stage patients with endometrial cancerD F Silver
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD 21215-5271, USA
Gynecol Oncol 81:144-9. 2001..A randomized trial comparing this technique to standard surgical staging is warranted...
- Combined bilateral ectopic and intrauterine pregnancy following ovulation induction with the low-dose step-up protocol in a patient with polycystic ovary syndromeH Yarali
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 264:37-8. 2000..After a spontaneous miscarriage she was treated by laparoscopic left salpingectomy and right linear salpingotomy...
- Transvaginal specimen extraction in a laparoscopic anterior resection of a sigmoid colon neoplasia with en bloc right salpingo-oophorectomyL J García Flórez
Hospital Carmen y Severo Ochoa, Sienra 11, Cangas del Narcea, Asturias, Spain
Tech Coloproctol 14:161-3. 2010..The technique is feasible and safe. The excellent recovery of the 86-year-old patient shows the potential future of the natural orifices endoscopic surgery...
- Clearance pattern of maternal serum pregnancy specific beta 1-glycoprotein after treatment in active and regressed tubal pregnancyI Phocas
2nd Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens, Areteion Hospital, Greece
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 27:225-9. 1988..001), but they followed the same exponential regression pattern. The half-life of SP1 in active tubal pregnancies after salpingectomy was 36.2 h and in regressed tubal pregnancies after salpingostomy was 37.5 h.
- Severe bleeding from peritoneal implants of trophoblastic tissue after laparoscopic salpingostomy for ectopic pregnancyA Giuliani
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Graz, Austria
Fertil Steril 70:369-70. 1998..To describe a case of persistent trophoblastic tissue after conservative laparoscopic treatment of an ectopic pregnancy (EP)...
- Facilitating Follow-up Adherence for Abnormal Pap SmearsSuzanne Miller; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Structural, Computational and Epidemiologic Analyses of*Noah Kauff; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Facilitating Follow-up Adherence for Abnormal Pap SmearsSuzanne Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Facilitating Follow-up Adherence for Abnormal Pap SmearsSuzanne Miller; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Facilitating Follow-up Adherence for Abnormal Pap SmearsSuzanne Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Facilitating Follow-up Adherence for Abnormal Pap SmearsSuzanne Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..