Summary: Formation of an artificial opening in a fallopian tube.
Publications173 found, 100 shown here
- Tubal patency following surgical and clinical treatment of ectopic pregnancyJulio Elito Junior
Department of Obstetrics, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Maria Carolina 68, Jardim Paulistano, Sao Paulo SP, CEP 01445 000, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 124:264-6. 2006..The objective was to evaluate contralateral tubal patency using hysterosalpingography following surgery and clinical treatment of tubal pregnancy...
- Role of laparoscopic salpingostomy in the treatment of hydrosalpinxR C Taylor
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Fertil Steril 75:594-600. 2001OBJECTIVE: To determine pregnancy rates after laparoscopic salpingostomy in occlusive distal tubal disease...
- Surgical treatment of ectopic pregnancyMohammed Agdi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Women s Pavilion, 687 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 23:519-27. 2009..In addition, hemoperitoneum is not a contraindication for performing laparoscopy. Linear salpingostomy is the procedure of choice when unruptured tubal pregnancy is found in women who want to preserve their ..
- The ESEP study: salpingostomy versus salpingectomy for tubal ectopic pregnancy; the impact on future fertility: a randomised controlled trialFemke Mol
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Womens Health 8:11. 2008..Whether surgical treatment should be performed conservatively (salpingostomy) or radically (salpingectomy) in women wishing to preserve their reproductive capacity, is subject to debate...
- Systemic methotrexate therapy versus laparoscopic salpingostomy in tubal pregnancy. Part II. Patient preferences for systemic methotrexateP T Nieuwkerk
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 70:518-22. 1998To investigate patient preferences for systemic methotrexate therapy relative to laparoscopic salpingostomy in the treatment of tubal pregnancy.
- Randomised trial of systemic methotrexate versus laparoscopic salpingostomy in tubal pregnancyP J Hajenius
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Lancet 350:774-9. 1997Laparoscopic salpingostomy is a well-established treatment for patients with tubal pregnancy who desire to retain fertility. Another approach that preserves the fallopian tube is medical treatment...
- Surgical management of ectopic pregnancyT Tulandi
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Obstet Gynecol 42:31-8; quiz 55-6. 1999Laparoscopic salpingostomy remains the definitive and universal treatment of ectopic pregnancy in patients who are hemodynamically stable and who wish to preserve their fertility...
- Systemic methotrexate therapy versus laparoscopic salpingostomy in patients with tubal pregnancy. Part I. Impact on patients' health-related quality of lifeP T Nieuwkerk
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 70:511-7. 1998To compare patients' health-related quality of life after systemic methotrexate therapy versus laparoscopic salpingostomy for tubal pregnancy.
- Ectopic pregnancy: expectant management of immediate surgery?Kalyanakrishnan Ramakrishnan
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 900 NE 10th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73104 USA
J Fam Pract 55:517-22. 2006
- Simultaneous tubal pregnancy and twisted ovarian cystVorapong Phupong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Rama IV Road, 10330 Pathumwan, Bangkok, Thailand
Arch Gynecol Obstet 268:211-3. 2003..Simultaneous or concomitant bilateral adnexal pathology is rare. But simultaneous tubal pregnancy and twisted ovarian cyst is even rarer...
- Ectopic pregnancyDavid Della-Giustina
United States Army, Military and Emergency Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Tacoma, WA 98431, USA
Emerg Med Clin North Am 21:565-84. 2003..Ultrasound findings in conjunction with quantitative beta-hCG levels guide the management of the patient...
- [Management of analysis in case of ectopic pregnancy--own material]Małgorzata Kempf-Haber
Kliniki Ginekologii i Niepłodności CMUJ w Krakowie
Ginekol Pol 74:1557-62. 2003..Delay in diagnosing subsequently cause severe threat to patients life. Recognition improvement means equally decrease in mortality connected to ectopic pregnancy...
- Ethical and medical considerations in the treatment of ectopic pregnancyAnthony R Pivarunas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sisters of Charity Hospital, Buffalo, NY
Linacre Q 70:195-209. 2003
- [Contribution of laparoscopy in improving the therapy in patients with tubal infertility]Simina Vegheş
Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi, Facultatea de Medicina Dentara, Clinica a II a Obstetrică Ginecologie
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 110:624-32. 2006..26% of cases), distal tubal reconstruction--fimbrioplasty (45.39% of cases) or neo-salpingostomy (21.98% of cases)--followed by ovarian drilling. The incidence of the uterine pregnancies obtained (30...
- Controversies in the management of ectopic pregnancyYing Cheong
Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Jessop Wing, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Reprod Biomed Online 15:396-402. 2007..A variable dosing methotrexate regimen is more effective compared with single dose regimen, and the fixed multiple regimen is associated with a high rate of side effects...
- Chance of adhesion formation after laparoscopic salpingo-ovariolysis: is there a place for second-look laparoscopy?Saeed Alborzi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Iran
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 10:172-6. 2003..To evaluate the chance of adhesion formation after laparoscopic salpingo-ovariolysis and determine the efficacy of early second-look laparoscopy (SLL)...
- Serous papillary cystic ovarian borderline tumor: case reportR Idotta
Gynecologic Department 2, Casa di cura Villa Autora, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 29:293-6. 2002..Conservative surgery allowed a subsequent pregnancy with spontaneous delivery 27 months later...
- Omental trophoblastic implants and hemoperitoneum after laparoscopic salpingostomy for ectopic pregnancy. A case reportLubna Pal
Departments of Gynecology and Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Reprod Med 48:57-9. 2003..The aim of surgical intervention remains conservation of the fallopian tube, if possible; salpingectomy is reserved for cases of tubal rupture and/or recurrent ectopic pregnancy, where little hope exists of salvaging tubal function...
- Bilateral ectopic pregnancyJosé F De Los Ríos
Gynecological Endoscopic Unit of Clínica del Prado, Medellin, Colombia
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 14:419-27. 2007....
- Current management of ectopic pregnancyLiberato V Mukul
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Academic Office 1, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 34:403-19, x. 2007....
- [Conservative, laparoscopic and medical treatment of ectopic pregnancy]Arturo Molina Sosa
Ginecol Obstet Mex 75:539-48. 2007..Patients with ectopic pregnancy history have bad forecast on subsequent fertility...
- The potential of preoperative beta-hCG and progesterone levels to predict failure of laparoscopic linear salpingostomy in ectopic pregnanciesGernot Tews
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Women s General Hospital, Lederergasse 47, A 4020 Linz, Austria
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:460-3. 2002To estimate the association between preoperative beta-human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) and progesterone levels, and success of linear salpingostomy in treatment of tubal pregnancy.
- Re-evaluation of the indication for and limitation of laparoscopic salpingotomy for tubal pregnancyAkira Fujishita
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 137:210-6. 2008..We investigated the outcome of laparoscopic salpingotomy for tubal pregnancy by follow-up hysterosalpingography (HSG) or second-look laparoscopy (SLL) and reexamined the indication for and limitation of this conservative surgery...
- Ectopic pregnancy: an updateMartin C Sowter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National Women s Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 16:289-93. 2004..This review discusses recent publications that investigate the epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of ectopic pregnancy...
- Ovarian response to gonadotropins after laparoscopic salpingectomy or the division of fallopian tubes for hydrosalpingesTarek A Gelbaya
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Saint Mary s Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 85:1464-8. 2006..To compare the effect of prophylactic laparoscopic salpingectomy versus division of the fallopian tubes on ovarian response to gonadotropins in women undergoing IVF...
- Orbital metastasis from ovarian carcinoma in a patient with BRCA-2 mutationRishi P Singh
Eye Plastics, Orbit, and Cosmetic Surgery, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 22:298-9. 2006..Pathology confirmed poorly differentiated tumor cells consistent with ovarian carcinoma. Cytopathologic testing confirmed receptor and hormonal markers within the orbital specimen that were identical to specimens removed 4 years prior...
- Recurrence of hydrosalpinges after cuff neosalpingostomy in a poor prognosis populationAykut Bayrak
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Women s and Children s Hospital, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Assist Reprod Genet 23:285-8. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the recurrence rate of hydrosalpinges after cuff neosalpingostomy in poor prognosis candidates...
- Prophylactic bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy compared with surveillance in women with BRCA mutationsKathleen M Schmeler
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:515-20. 2006..The objective of this study was to evaluate clinical factors associated with choosing prophylactic bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (BSO) over surveillance in women with a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation...
- Laparoscopic surgeryRay Garry
Gynaecology Department, University of Western Australia, Perth 6008, Australia
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 20:89-104. 2006..Surgical proficiency in safe laparoscopic entry and laparoscopic tubal surgery should lead to the confidence to then undertake more complex procedures...
- Ectopic pregnancy in a preexisting hydrosalpinx during a spontaneous pregnancyRachana V Garde
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Fertility, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Fertil Steril 86:1001.e11-3. 2006..To discuss the possible role of abnormal embryo migration as a cause of ectopic pregnancy during IVF with hydrosalpinges...
- Right ectopic gestation following in vitro fertilisation: case reportR B Parkar
Sarit Centre, 00606, Nairobi, Kenya
East Afr Med J 83:341-5. 2006..A right linear salpingostomy was subsequently performed laparoscopically. Histology confirmed the presence of tubal chorionic villi...
- Ectopic pregnancyJames Johnston Walker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St James University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Clin Obstet Gynecol 50:89-99. 2007..This article covers what is currently known about the etiology of this condition, the best approach to the diagnoses and management and the long-term consequences for the women concerned...
- [Laparoscopic hysterectomy in the surgical treatment of gynecological malignant and premalignant diseases]Antonio Maffuz-Aziz
Cir Cir 73:107-12. 2005..However, its use in malignant or premalignant gynecological lesions is not well established. The objective of the present study was to show the feasibility of LH in a tertiary cancer center...
- Preservation of tubal function following methotrexate treatment for ectopic pregnancyTakahiro Suzuki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Specialized Clinical Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Bohseidai, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Tokai J Exp Clin Med 29:183-9. 2004..The findings suggest that MTX is not necessary to preserve tubal function...
- A profile of ectopic pregnancy at nepal medical college teaching hospitalPramila Pradhan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Nepal Medical College Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal
Nepal Med Coll J 8:238-42. 2006..Late presentation and ruptured ectopic pregnancy is associated with increased morbidity and mortality. High index of suspicion and early recourse to laparotomy save the life from this obstetric disaster...
- Endocrinology of ectopic pregnancyErkut Attar
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical School, Capa, Istanbul, 34093, Turkey
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 31:779-94, x. 2004..This article discusses the endocrinology of ectopic pregnancy...
- Heterotopic pregnancy after Postinor-2Steven Tan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Royal North Shore Hospital, Pacific Highway, St Leonards, NSW 20006, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 44:460-1. 2004
- Clinical outcome of cystectomy compared with unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy as fertility-sparing treatment of borderline ovarian tumorsYoav Yinon
Division of Gynecological Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Fertil Steril 88:479-84. 2007..To compare recurrence rates and fertility outcomes of patients with borderline ovarian tumors (BOTs) who underwent unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy with those of patients who underwent cystectomy only...
- Laparoscopic management of ectopic pregnancyMalgorzata Gajewska
1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 29:267-71. 2008..To assess the diagnostic process, laparoscopic treatment and postoperative period in patients hospitalized with a suspicion of ectopic pregnancy...
- Ovarian fibrosarcoma with five-year survival: a case reportL Cinel
Department of Pathology, Medical School of Mersin University, Turkey
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 23:345-6. 2002..A low proliferation index with Ki-67 was determined. The patient has shown no evidence of recurrent disease for five years...
- Current evidence on surgery, systemic methotrexate and expectant management in the treatment of tubal ectopic pregnancy: a systematic review and meta-analysisF Mol
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Academic Medical Centre, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod Update 14:309-19. 2008..To evaluate the effectiveness of surgery, medical treatment and expectant management of tubal ectopic pregnancy (EP) in terms of treatment success (i.e. complete elimination of trophoblast tissue), financial costs and future fertility...
- Surgical treatment of ectopic pregnancyMohammed Al-Sunaidi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Semin Reprod Med 25:117-22. 2007..In women of reproductive age with tubal pregnancy, salpingostomy is the preferred surgical method...
- Successful intrauterine pregnancy following salpingostomy; case reportJ N Eze
Ebonyi State University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, St Mary s Hospital, GRA, Enugu
Niger J Med 17:360-2. 2008..ectopic pregnancy managed by salpingectomy and later had unruptured heterotopic pregnancy involving the contralateral tube and managed by salpingostomy, after which she had spontaneous abortion of the associated intrauterine pregnancy.
- Epidermoid cyst and primary trabecular carcinoid of the ovary: case reportA Azzena
Department of Gynaecological Sciences and Human Reproduction Padua University, Italy
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 23:317-9. 2002..Prognosis is very good because the rate of malignant transformation is 1.4%-2% and the rate of complications is 14%. Thus conservative surgical therapy associated with long-term follow-up is the treatment of choice...
- Struma Ovarii with a focus of follicular variant of papillary thyroid cancer: a case reportMichael Lao
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West Virginia University Women and Children s Hospital Charleston Area Medical Center, USA
W V Med J 104:12-4. 2008..Mature cystic teratomas may contain small amounts of thyroid tissue. Carcinomatous change in Struma Ovarii is extremely rare. No guidelines exist regarding the staging and treatment of malignant Struma Ovarii...
- Previous ectopic pregnancy as a predictor of failure of systemic methotrexate therapyGary H Lipscomb
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
Fertil Steril 81:1221-4. 2004..To investigate whether a history of previous ectopic pregnancy is an independent risk factor for failure of methotrexate therapy in subsequent ectopic pregnancies and whether the previous treatment method influenced failure...
- A novel modification of traditional 2-port laparoscopic surgery using a 5-mm flexible scopeIwaho Kikuchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 16:734-8. 2009..technique including 1 salpingectomy, 3 ovarian cystectomies, 2 total laparoscopic hysterectomies, 1 linear salpingostomy, and 1 total laparoscopic myomectomy...
- [Fertility after treatment for ectopic pregnancy: evaluation of the switch from laparotomy to laparascopy]J J van Beek
Isala Klinieken, locatie Sophia, afd Obstetrie en Gynaecologie, Dr van Heesweg 2, 8025 AB Zwolle
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 149:407-12. 2005..Evaluation of the switch in surgical treatment for ectopic pregnancy from laparotomy to laparoscopy at the Sophia Hospital, Zwolle, the Netherlands...
- Ectopic pregnancy--an analysis of 180 casesArup Kumar Majhi
Departmeht of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, NRS Medical College, Kolkata
J Indian Med Assoc 105:308, 310, 312 passim. 2007..9% unruptured. Surgery by open method in the form of salpingectomy (81.9%), salpingo-oophorectomy (9.3%) and salpingostomy (5.3%) were the mainstay of management. Expectant management and medical therapy can be offered only in 1...
- Organ-preserving and reconstructive microsurgery of the fallopian tubes in tubal infertility: still an alternative to in vitro fertilization (IVF)Cordula Schippert
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Division of Reproductive Medicine, Medical School of Hannover, Hannover, Germany
J Reconstr Microsurg 26:317-23. 2010..sterilization underwent microsurgical treatment (microsurgical adhesiolysis, anastomosis, fimbrioplasty, salpingostomy, and refertilization due to former sterilization)...
- Development of an objective structured assessment of technical skills for obstetric and gynecology residentsB A Goff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98195 6460, USA
Obstet Gynecol 96:146-50. 2000..To develop an objective structured assessment for evaluating surgical skills of obstetrics and gynecology residents and to evaluate the reliability and validity of the assessment...
- Persistent tubal pregnancy presenting with delayed hemorrhage from a second implantation of trophoblast on the ovary: a case reportRandal D Robinson
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Reprod Med 49:693-5. 2004..The use of conservative surgical techniques to treat ectopic pregnancies has been reported to increase the rate of incomplete trophoblastic tissue removal and subsequent regrowth...
- Laparoscopic management of ectopic pregnancy: a 5-year experienceH Mohamed
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, South Cleveland Hospital, Middlesbrough, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 22:411-4. 2002..Thirty-five (16.7%) women were treated conservatively by salpingostomy. Of these 22.9% achieved a successful pregnancy and delivery...
- Laparoscopic management of hydrosalpinxJohn N Bontis
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1092:199-210. 2006..trials are required to assess other surgical treatment options for hydrosalpinx, such as laparoscopic salpingostomy, laparoscopic or hysteroscopic tubal occlusion, and drainage of hydrosalpinx before or during oocyte retrieval.
- The ectopic pregnancy, a diagnostic and therapeutic challengeDavid Stucki
Clinique de gynécologie Obstitrique, Hopital Cantonal, Fribourg, Swiss
J Med Life 1:40-8. 2008..It is also indicated where trophoblastic tissue persists after surgery, notably salpingostomy. and in non-tubal ectopic pregnancies...
- Development of a bench station objective structured assessment of technical skillsB A Goff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195 6460, USA
Obstet Gynecol 98:412-6. 2001..Our goal was to develop a less costly bench station objective structured assessment of technical skills and to evaluate the feasibility, reliability, and validity of this exam...
- Hydrosalpinx and ART. Salpingectomy prior to IVF can be recommended to a well-defined subgroup of patientsA Strandell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, S 413 45, Goteborg, Sweden
Hum Reprod 15:2072-4. 2000..while transvaginal ultrasound is not appropriate in selecting patients to undergo either salpingectomy or salpingostomy. The Scandinavian study showed that patients with hydrosalpinges which are large enough to be visible on ..
- Spontaneous heterotopic triplets: a case reportAarathi Cholkeri-Singh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, Illinois 60068, USA
Fertil Steril 88:968.e5-7. 2007..To present a case report of a spontaneous, heterotopic, triplet conception of a patient without any risk factors...
- Acute urinary retention caused by a unilateral hematometraE P Loong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin
Arch Gynecol Obstet 247:211-3. 1990..Treatment was by abdominal metroplasty with complete excision of the uterine septum and a terminal cuff salpingostomy. Urological investigation revealed ipsilateral renal agenesis.
- Reproductive performance after ectopic pregnancyJohn E Buster
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Semin Reprod Med 25:131-3. 2007..We searched the literature and then tabulated published case reports on laparoscopic salpingostomy, multiple-dose methotrexate, single-dose methotrexate, and expectant management...
- Reconstructive, organ-preserving microsurgery in tubal infertility: still an alternative to in vitro fertilizationCordula Schippert
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Medicine, OE 6410, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Fertil Steril 93:1359-61. 2010..reconstructive surgery of the fallopian tubes (including adhesiolysis, anastomosis, fimbrioplasty, salpingostomy, and refertilization after former sterilization). The pregnancy (43.4%) and birth (29...
- Twin intrauterine and cornual gestation in a case of triplet pregnancySangeeta M Bhat
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nizwa Hospital, PO Box 1222, Postal Code 611, Al Dakhliya Region, Sultanate of Oman
Saudi Med J 25:1704-6. 2004..Our patient with previous left salpingostomy and right salpingo-oophorectomy had 4 embryos transferred through in vitro fertilization out of which 3 were ..
- Experience with transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy for reconstructive tubo-ovarian surgeryStephan Gordts
Leuven Institute for Fertility and Embryology, Tiensevest 168, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Reprod Biomed Online 4:72-5. 2002..treatment of superficial and cystic ovarian endometriosis, drilling of the ovarian capsule, adhesiolysis and salpingostomy. Operative procedures were performed in 78 patients...
- Heterotopic pregnancy presenting with acute left chest painFikret Bildik
Gazi University Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Emerg Med 26:835.e1-2. 2008..We present a case, admitted to the emergency department, with atypical symptoms including acute left chest pain radiating to left shoulder, at 5 weeks' gestation...
- Proximal tubal occlusion and salpingectomy result in similar improvement in in vitro fertilization outcome in patients with hydrosalpinxAntonios Kontoravdis
Second Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens, Aretaieion Hospital, Athens, Greece
Fertil Steril 86:1642-9. 2006..To evaluate and compare the clinical impact of proximal tubal occlusion and salpingectomy when performed before IVF in patients with hydrosalpinges...
- Surgical management of ectopic pregnancyLaura Stock
Northwestern Prentice Women s Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 55:448-54. 2012..Generally, salpingostomy is employed with the goal of maintaining fertility, although data to support this tenet are lacking...
- [Guidelines for the management of painful endometriosis]H Roman
Clinica Obstetrică Ginecologie, CHU Charles Nicolle Rouen, Franta
Chirurgia (Bucur) 103:265-74. 2008..To establish guidelines for the medical and surgical management of painful endometriosis...
- Fallopian tube stripping forceps: a novel instrumental design for distal tubal pregnancy laparoscopyLubin Liu
Chongqing Health Center for Women and Children, Chongqing Obstetric and Gynecologic Hospital, Chongqing, China
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 183:109-13. 2014To compare a new method using fallopian tube stripping forceps (FTSF) for salpingostomy in laparoscopic tubal pregnancy management.
- Primary ovarian trabecular carcinoid tumor: a case report and literature reviewXuejuan Bai
Department of Pathology, The 309th Hospital of PLA, Beijing, China
Arch Gynecol Obstet 282:407-11. 2010..Carcinoid tumors are uncommon neoplasms in the diffuse peripheral endocrine system. Ovarian carcinoids are rare and can be primary or transplanted. Primary ovarian carcinoids make up approximately 0.5-1.7% of all carcinoid tumors...
- Safety and feasibility of a single-port laparoscopic adnexal surgery during pregnancyJi Hyun Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seongnam, Korea Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 20:864-70. 2013..To evaluate the safety and feasibility of single-port laparoscopic adnexal surgery during pregnancy...
- Predictive factors for failure of salpingostomy in ectopic pregnancySemra Kayatas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Zeynep Kamil Women s and Children s Diseases Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 40:453-8. 2014The objective of this study was to review our experience with ectopic pregnancy management and to evaluate major predictive factors for failure of conservative linear salpingostomy.
- Treatment of ectopic pregnancies in 2014: new answers to some old questionsPerrine Capmas
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Bicetre, GHU Sud AP HP, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France INSERM, Centre of Research in Epidemiology and Population Health CESP, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Faculty of Medicine, University of Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Electronic address
Fertil Steril 101:615-20. 2014..Most especially, they allow the consideration and weighing of a wider range of factors, including the woman's own preferences as well as efficacy and the monitoring time until recovery...
- Treatment of hydrosalpinx in the patient undergoing assisted reproductionAnnika Strandell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Institute of Clinical Sciences, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 19:360-5. 2007..Patients with hydrosalpinx are a recognized group with poor prognosis in in-vitro fertilization. This review presents evidence for the effectiveness of different treatment options...
- Cryopreservation of oocytes in a young woman with severe and symptomatic endometriosis: a new indication for fertility preservationShai E Elizur
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, McGill Reproductive Center, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Fertil Steril 91:293.e1-3. 2009..To report a new indication for fertility preservation...
- Ovarian response to gonadotropins after laparoscopic salpingectomy for ectopic pregnancyWenyan Xi
Institute of Reproductive and Stem Cell Engineering, Central South University, Changsha, China
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 116:93-6. 2012..To evaluate whether laparoscopic salpingectomy compromises ovarian response in women undergoing controlled ovarian hyperstimulation in vitro fertilization (IVF)...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the uterus with sphenoid bone and orbital metastasesGrant W Su
Section of Orbital and Oculoplastic Surgery, Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 23:428-30. 2007..A left thoracostomy was performed 8 months after the orbital biopsy for a metastatic nodule in the left lower lobe of the lung. The clinicopathologic findings of this rare metastatic orbital lesion are presented...
- Fertility after tubal ectopic pregnancy: results of a population-based studyMarianne de Bennetot
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, pôle de gynécologie obstétrique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Estaing, Clermont Ferrand, France
Fertil Steril 98:1271-6.e1-3. 2012..To assess the reproductive outcome after an ectopic pregnancy (EP) based on the type of treatment used, and to identify predictive factors of spontaneous fertility...
- Risk factors associated with the occurrence of breast cancer after bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy in high-risk womenTeresa Ramon Y Cajal
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Epidemiol 35:78-82. 2011..The goal of this study was to determine the incidence of subsequent breast cancer (BC) in a high-risk population and to identify clinical and epidemiological predictors of BC following BSO...
- Non-Peutz-Jeghers syndrome associated ovarian sex cord tumor with annular tubules: a case reportVladimir Nosov
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, UCLA Medical Center, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1740, USA
Fertil Steril 92:1497.e5-8. 2009..An evidence-based management plan with follow-up evaluations is difficult to outline because of the rarity of these tumors. We describe the case of a premenarcheal patient with a SCTAT...
- Broad ligament pregnancy: a report of two casesM A Abdul
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Zaria, Nigeria
Ann Afr Med 7:86-7. 2008..Ultrasonography is a useful tool in the early diagnosis of abdominal pregnancy in our environment. Routine ultrasonography in pregnancy is advocated in our setting...
- Menopausal symptoms and bone health in women undertaking risk reducing bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy: significant bone health issues in those not taking HRTJ Challberg
Department of Genetic Medicine, The University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Central Manchester Foundation Trust, St Mary s Hospital, 6th Floor, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Br J Cancer 105:22-7. 2011..The decision to use HRT to cover the period of oestrogen deprivation up to 50 years of age is difficult because of balancing the considerations of breast cancer risk, bone and cardiovascular health...
- Spontaneous triplet, tubal ectopic gestationOroma Nwanodi
Memorial Hospital of Converse County, Douglas WY 82633, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 98:963-4. 2006..Resolution was achieved via salpingostomy. This case is significant for being spontaneously conceived and not the result of assisted reproductive ..
- Is serum human chorionic gonadotrophin follow-up necessary after suspected spillage of trophoblast at the time of laparoscopic surgery for ectopic pregnancy?Shabana A Bora
Early Pregnancy and Gynaecological Ultrasound Unit, St George s, University of London, London, UK SBora doctors org uk
Gynecol Obstet Invest 71:225-8. 2011Persistent trophoblast is a recognised complication of salpingostomy for the treatment of ectopic pregnancy, with reported rates of 3-20%; hence, women are advised to have serum human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) levels monitored post-..
- Fertility outcomes subsequent to treatment of tubal ectopic pregnancy in younger Turkish womenVolkan Turan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 24:251-5. 2011..The assessment of future fertility in patients that were hospitalized with diagnosis of tubal ectopic pregnancy...
- [Unruptured ectopic pregnancy: diagnosis and treatment. State of art]Julio Elito Junior
Departamento de Obstetricia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet 30:149-59. 2008..Salpingectomy should be performed in patients having the desired number of children, while salpingostomy should be indicated in patients willing to have more children, when the b-hCG titers are under 5,000 mUI/mL ..
- Intra-operative hydrotubation improves fertility of women with distal tubal occlusion after reproductive surgeryLi Zhengyu
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, West China Second Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, People s Republic of China
Arch Gynecol Obstet 287:83-9. 2013..The objective of this work was to assess the potential value of intra-operative hydrotubation in improving fertility of tubal infertile women...
- The effect of adnexal surgery on the ovarian response to stimulation in in vitro fertilizationAdrian Shulman
In Vitro Fertilization Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, 52621, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 103:158-62. 2002..The effect of adnexal surgery on ovarian function is a controversial issue of high clinical significance. The purpose of this study was to assess the effect of adnexal surgery on ovarian function...
- Simultaneous bilateral tubal pregnancy after ovulation induction with clomiphene citrateMariam Mathew
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, PO Box 35, PC 123, Sultan Qaboos University, Sultanate of Oman
Saudi Med J 25:2058-9. 2004
- [Surgical laparoscopy in the management of women infertility]Radhouane Rachdi
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Militaire de Tunis
Tunis Med 82:837-42. 2004..The rate of intra uterine pregnancy of the 81 followed patients is 40.7% with 23 newborn (28.39%), 5 abortions (6.17%) and 5 current pregnancies (6.17%). The rate of ectopic pregnancies is 3.7%...
- Bilateral ectopic pregnancy after transfer of two embryosS Klipstein
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Fertil Steril 74:887-8. 2000..To report a case of bilateral tubal ectopic pregnancy (EP) after the transfer of two embryos...
- Moral absolutism and ectopic pregnancyC Kaczor
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California 90045 8415, USA
J Med Philos 26:61-74. 2001..most often discussed in the literature are non-intervention, salpingectomy (removal of tube with embryo), salpingostomy (removal of embryo alone), and use of methotrexate (MXT)...
- A postal survey of hydrosalpinx management prior to IVF in the United KingdomN Hammadieh
Cardiff Assisted Reproduction Unit, University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XW, UK
Hum Reprod 19:1009-12. 2004..In the last decade, numerous studies have demonstrated concern about the presence of hydrosalpinx and its management in patients undergoing IVF. We evaluated the current management of hydrosalpinx prior to IVF treatment in the UK...
- Efficacy of risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy in women with BRCA-1 and BRCA-2 mutationsOlufunmilayo I Olopade
Center for Clinical Cancer Genetics, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Breast J 10:S5-9. 2004....
- Endometrial adenocarcinoma presented with enterouterine fistulaG Kilic
Chicago Medical School, Mount Sinai Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, IL 60608, USA
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 23:279-80. 2002..The uterus and the small bowel were removed en bloc followed by colostomy. The patient was referred for radiation therapy to be followed with six cycles of carboplatin and 5FU...
- Persistent ectopic pregnancy after linear salpingotomy: a non-predictable complication to conservative surgery for tubal gestationClaus Otto Lund
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Laparoscopic Unit, Hvidovre University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:1053-9. 2002..The purpose was to characterize patients who develop persistent ectopic pregnancy (PEP) after salpingotomy for EP and to assess prognostic factors...
- Intratubal methotrexate for prevention of persistent ectopic pregnancy after salpingotomyHakan Kaya
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Suleyman Demirel, Isparta 32040, Turkey
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:464-7. 2002..To investigate whether frequency of persistent ectopic pregnancy after linear salpingotomy can be reduced by prophylactic administration of a single intraoperative injection of local methotrexate...
- Laparoscopic salpingectomy for women with hydrosalpinges enhances the success of IVF: a Cochrane reviewN P Johnson
Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Auckland, National Women s Hospital, Claude Road, Epsom, Auckland, New Zealand
Hum Reprod 17:543-8. 2002..The aim of this study was to determine whether surgical intervention is effective for women with tubal disease who are due to undergo treatment with IVF...
- Systematic salpingoscopy and microsalpingoscopy during fertiloscopyA Watrelot
Centre de Recherche et d Etude de la Stérilité, Le Britannia, 20 Boulevard Eugene Deruelle, 69003 Lyon, France
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:453-9. 2002..To assess the feasibility of routine salpingoscopy and microsalpingoscopy by the vaginal route during fertiloscopy...
- Resident training and endoscopic hospital privilegingM Milad
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 13:431-6. 2001..and methodology improved, gynecological endoscopy was applied to more complex processes, including salpingostomy or salpingectomy for ectopic pregnancy, and ovarian cystectomy or oophorectomy for benign conditions...
- Clinical and pregnancy outcome following ectopic pregnancy; a prospective study comparing expectancy, surgery and systemic methotrexate treatmentJ I Olofsson
Department of Clinical Science, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Umea University Hospital, S 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 80:744-9. 2001..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effectiveness of methotrexate treatment in routine clinical practice, but also to assess pregnancy outcome during a 2.5-year follow-up period...
- Ovarian steroid cell tumor and a contralateral ovarian thecoma in a postmenopausal woman with severe hyperandrogenismE Cserepes
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Gynecol Endocrinol 16:213-6. 2002....
- Structural, Computational and Epidemiologic Analyses of*Noah Kauff; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Facilitating Follow-up Adherence for Abnormal Pap SmearsSuzanne Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..