Summary: An operation for retinal detachment which reduces the size of the globe by indenting the sclera so that it approximates the retina.
Publications180 found, 100 shown here
- Buckle-related complications following surgical repair of retinal dialysisM James
Department of Ophthalmology, Waterford Regional Hospital, Waterford, Ireland
Eye (Lond) 22:485-90. 2008..To describe buckle-related complications following surgical repair of retinal dialysis...
- Pneumatic retinopexy, scleral buckling, and vitrectomy surgery in the management of pseudophakic retinal detachmentsWilliam H Ross
Department of Ophthalmology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 43:65-72. 2008To review the indications for and results of pneumatic retinopexy, scleral buckling, combined pars plana vitrectomy and scleral buckling surgery, and primary pars plana vitrectomy in the management of pseudophakic retinal detachment.
- Influence of persistent submacular fluid on visual outcome after successful scleral buckle surgery for macula-off retinal detachmentJe Hyun Seo
Department of Ophthalmology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Ophthalmol 145:915-22. 2008..To determine the influences of the extent and duration of persistent submacular fluid on final visual outcome after successful scleral buckle surgery for acute macula-off rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RD)...
- High-resolution Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography and microperimetric findings after macula-off retinal detachment repairAllison J Smith
Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Science, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California, USA
Ophthalmology 115:1923-9. 2008....
- Optical coherence tomography analysis of the macula after scleral buckle surgery for retinal detachmentSarah E Benson
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 114:108-12. 2007..To define the incidence, pattern, duration, and clinical consequences of persistent localized submacular fluid after scleral buckle surgery for retinal detachment (RD)...
- Visual recovery after scleral buckling surgery in macula-off rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentFang Liu
Department of Ophthalmology, Philipps University Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Ophthalmologica 220:174-80. 2006The primary goal of this study was to investigate the functional results after scleral buckling (SB) surgery in macula-off rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD), with more or less than 7 days' duration of macular detachment (DMD)...
- Scleral buckling versus primary vitrectomy in rhegmatogenous retinal detachment: a prospective randomized multicenter clinical studyHeinrich Heimann
St Paul s Eye Unit, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 114:2142-54. 2007To compare scleral buckling surgery (SB) and primary pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) in rhegmatogenous retinal detachments of medium complexity.
- Persistent foveal retinal detachment after successful rhegmatogenous retinal detachment surgeryNorikazu Hagimura
Department of Ophthalmology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 133:516-20. 2002..To describe the tomographic features of the neurosensory retina after successful rhegmatogenous retinal detachment surgery...
- Late swelling and removal of Miragel buckles: a comparison with silicone indentationsJean François Le Rouic
Department of Opthalmology, Hotel Dieu de Paris, France
Retina 23:641-6. 2003..To describe the indications for removal of Miragel episcleral buckles and to compare them with removed silicone sponges and solid silicone indentations...
- Comparison of retinal outcomes after scleral buckle or lens-sparing vitrectomy for stage 4 retinopathy of prematurityM Elizabeth Hartnett
Department of Ophthalmology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7040, USA
Retina 24:753-7. 2004..To compare anatomic outcomes after lens-sparing vitrectomy (LSV) or scleral buckle (SB) for stage 4 retinopathy of prematurity (ROP)...
- Outcomes of primary scleral buckling for stage 4 retinopathy of prematurityKathleen Beyrau
Department of Ophthalmology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Can J Ophthalmol 38:267-71. 2003BACKGROUND: Scleral buckling is an option for stage 4 retinopathy of prematurity (ROP). This study evaluated the anatomic results of a primary scleral buckling procedure for the treatment of this condition...
- MIRAgel: hydrolytic degradation and long-term observationsManuela Roldán-Pallarès
Department of Ophthalmology, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Arch Ophthalmol 125:511-4. 2007..To analyze long-term complications of hydrogel (MIRAgel; MIRA Inc, Waltham, Mass) explants...
- Features associated with surgical outcome in patients with stages 4 and 5 retinopathy of prematurityM Elizabeth Hartnett
Department of Ophthalmology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 27599, USA
Retina 23:322-9. 2003..To present ocular features associated with surgical outcomes in infants with stages 4 and 5 retinopathy of prematurity (ROP)...
- Complications of hydrogel explants used in scleral buckling surgeryJohn J Kearney
Department of Ophthalmology, The Permanente Medical Group, Hayward, California, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 137:96-100. 2004To report a group of patients with symptoms of pain, strabismus, sensation of orbital fullness, and presence of a subconjunctival mass many years after successful scleral buckling surgery using hydrogel explants.
- Anterior scleral buckling procedure for cyclodialysis cleft with chronic hypotonyNaresh Mandava
The University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 37:151-3. 2006..A patient who failed conventional treatment for hypotony and eventually benefited from a novel surgery to correct his cyclodialysis cleft is described...
- The effect of a preoperative subconjuntival injection of dexamethasone on blood-retinal barrier breakdown following scleral buckling retinal detachment surgery: a prospective randomized placebo-controlled double blind clinical trialErnesto Bali
The Rotterdam Eye Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 248:957-62. 2010..We wished to investigate whether an estimated 700 to 1000 ng/ml subretinal dexamethasone concentration at the time of surgery would decrease the blood-retinal barrier breakdown postoperatively...
- Comparison of scleral buckling with combined scleral buckling and pars plana vitrectomy in the management of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment with unseen retinal breaksHem K Tewari
Dr Rajendra Prasad Center for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 31:403-7. 2003BACKGROUND: The purpose of the present paper was to compare the techniques of conventional scleral buckling and combined pars plana vitrectomy and scleral buckling procedures in rhegmatogenous retinal detachments with unseen retinal ..
- Primary vitrectomy without scleral buckling for pseudophakic rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentEfstratios Mendrinos
Department of Ophthalmology, Vitreo Retinal Unit, Geneva University Hospitals, 22 rue Alcide Jentzer, Geneva 14, Switzerland
Am J Ophthalmol 145:1063-1070. 2008To report the anatomic and functional results of primary vitrectomy without scleral buckling for the treatment of pseudophakic rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (PsRD).
- Chemokine levels in subretinal fluid obtained during scleral buckling surgery after rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentLukas J A G Ricker
Eye Research Institute Maastricht, Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:4143-50. 2010..The exact role of these chemokines, their correlation with IL-6 after primary RRD, and their association with the future development of PVR are not yet known...
- Visual recovery after scleral buckling procedure for retinal detachmentAlberto Salicone
Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Ophthalmology 113:1734-42. 2006PURPOSE: To evaluate prognostic factors for visual and anatomic outcomes, including complications after scleral buckling procedure (SBP) for primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachments...
- Retinal function after scleral buckling for recent onset rhegmatogenous retinal detachment: assessment with electroretinography and optical coherence tomographyPatrik Schatz
Department of Ophthalmology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Retina 27:30-6. 2007To investigate central and peripheral retinal function after scleral buckling surgery for recent onset rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RD).
- Outcome of scleral buckling for primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment in NigeriaMahmoud Babanini Alhassan
Department of Clinical Ophthalmology, National Eye Center, Kaduna, Nigeria
Med Sci Monit 11:CR589-93. 2005The goal was to review the visual and anatomical outcome of scleral buckling for primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment at a tertiary eye care center in Nigeria between January 1994 and December 2000.
- Twenty-year follow-up for scleral bucklingStephen G Schwartz
McPherson Retina Center, Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 120:325-9. 2002..RESULTS: One hundred eighty-six eyes (82%) achieved retinal reattachment with 1 scleral buckling procedure and with a median final visual acuity of 20/40 at 20 years of follow-up...
- Tailored vitrectomy and laser photocoagulation without scleral buckling for all primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentsK Johansson
Department of Ophthalmology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Br J Ophthalmol 90:1286-91. 2006..the anatomical and functional results and the complications in eyes operated on using vitrectomy without scleral buckling for all forms of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD)...
- Scleral buckling surgery after macula-off retinal detachment: worse visual outcome after more than 6 daysRoselie M H Diederen
Eye Research Institute Maastricht, Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ophthalmology 114:705-9. 2007..To determine the effect of duration of macular detachment (DMD) on visual acuity (VA) in patients with macula-off rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RD)...
- Anatomic and visual outcomes of scleral buckling versus primary vitrectomy in pseudophakic and aphakic retinal detachment: six-month follow-up results of a single operation--report no. 1Hamid Ahmadieh
Ophthalmic Research Center, Labbafinejad Medical Center, Tehran, Iran
Ophthalmology 112:1421-9. 2005To compare the anatomic and visual results and complications of conventional scleral buckling versus primary vitrectomy for management of pseudophakic and aphakic retinal detachment.
- Anterior ischemic optic neuropathy after uncomplicated scleral buckling surgeryMehran Taban
Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:1370-2. 2006..Review of systems and laboratory investigations were not consistent with giant cell arteritis. CONCLUSIONS: Non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy may develop after uncomplicated scleral buckling surgery.
- Surgically induced necrotising scleritis following three-port pars plana vitrectomy without scleral buckling: a series of three casesA M S Morley
Uveitis Service, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Eye (Lond) 22:162-4. 2008..the presentation, management, and prognosis of three cases of surgically induced necrotising scleritis (SINS) following three-port-pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) without scleral buckling. To discuss potential pathogeneses and treatments.
- Functional and anatomic outcome of scleral buckling versus primary vitrectomy in pseudophakic retinal detachmentYog Raj Sharma
Vitreo-Retina Services, Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 83:293-7. 2005PURPOSE: To conduct a randomized prospective clinical trial to compare primary vitrectomy without scleral buckling versus conventional scleral buckling surgery in pseudophakic primary retinal detachment (PPRD) in terms of anatomic ..
- Scleral buckling versus primary vitrectomy in rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (SPR Study): design issues and implications. SPR Study report no. 1H Heimann
Augenklinik, Universitatsklinikum Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 239:567-74. 2001..The Scleral Buckling Versus Primary Vitrectomy in Rhegmatogenous Retinal Detachments Study (SPR Study) is designed to compare ..
- Comparison of scleral buckling and vitrectomy for retinal detachment resulting from flap tears in superior quadrantsD Miki
Department of Ophthalmology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 45:187-91. 2001PURPOSE: To compare the surgical results of vitrectomy and scleral buckling for uncomplicated superior retinal detachment caused by flap tears...
- Postoperative laser coagulation as retinopexy in patients with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment treated with scleral buckling surgery: a prospective clinical studyJan C van Meurs
Vitreoretinal Department, Rotterdam Eye Hospital, Schiedamsevest 180, 3011 BH Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Retina 22:733-9. 2002To evaluate postoperative laser photocoagulation as retinopexy mode in patients with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment treated with scleral buckling surgery.
- Reduced choroidal blood flow can induce visual field defect in open angle glaucoma patients without intraocular pressure elevation following encircling scleral bucklingEnrique Adan Sato
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Retina 28:493-7. 2008..To determine the cause of the progressive glaucomatous visual field defects in three patients after an encircling scleral buckle for a rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD)...
- Pars-plana vitrectomy alone vs vitrectomy with scleral buckling for primary rhegmatogenous pseudophakic retinal detachmentAlexandros N Stangos
Division of Ophthalmology, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University Hospitals of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Ophthalmol 138:952-8. 2004PURPOSE: To compare primary pars-plana vitrectomy (PPV) alone vs vitrectomy with an encircling scleral buckling procedure for the treatment of primary rhegmatogenous pseudophakic retinal detachment (PsRD)...
- Corneal surface changes after pars plana vitrectomy and scleral buckling surgeryY Y Domniz
Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zrifin, Israel
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:868-72. 2001..To evaluate the changes in corneal shape after pars plana vitrectomy, encircling buckling surgery, and a combination of the 2 procedures...
- Fellow eye of patients with retinal detachment associated with macular hole and bilateral high myopiaAkitaka Tsujikawa
Department of Ophthalmology, Kobe City General Hospital, Kobe, Japan
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 34:430-3. 2006..To estimate the risk of retinal detachment in the fellow eye of patients with bilateral high myopia who had retinal detachment associated with macular hole (MH-RD) in one eye...
- Intraoperative biometry for intraocular lens (IOL) power calculation at silicone oil removalS M el-Baha
Department of Ophthalmology, Alexandria University, Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria, Egypt
Eur J Ophthalmol 13:622-6. 2003..Intraocular lens (IOL) power calculation in the presence of silicone oil is challenging for many reasons. The authors evaluated the accuracy of intraoperative biometry during cataract surgery in silicone-filled eyes...
- Surgical management of retinal detachment associated with myopic macular hole: anatomic and functional status of the maculaMikio Ichibe
Department of Ophthalmology, Niigata University School of Medicine, Asahimachi, Niigata, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 136:277-84. 2003..To evaluate the postoperative status of the macula after vitreous surgery with internal limiting membrane removal for macular hole related retinal detachment in patients with severe myopia...
- Late-onset retinal detachment associated with regressed retinopathy of prematurityHiroko Terasaki
Schepens Retina Associates, Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Jpn J Ophthalmol 47:492-7. 2003..To study the characteristics of late-onset retinal detachments in patients with regressed retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) and the condition of their fellow eyes...
- Management of macular holes that develop after retinal detachment repairAndrew A Moshfeghi
Department of Ophthalmology, North Shore University Hospital, Great Neck, New York, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 136:895-9. 2003..To study the characteristics and management of macular holes that develop after prior rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RD) repair...
- Anatomical and visual outcomes after episcleral macular buckling compared with those after pars plana vitrectomy for retinal detachment caused by macular hole in highly myopic eyesFumitaka Ando
EyeCare Nagoya, Nakamuraku, Nagoya shi, Japan
Retina 27:37-44. 2007..To report anatomical and visual outcomes after episcleral macular buckling (EMB) and pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) for retinal detachment caused by macular hole in highly myopic eyes with posterior staphyloma...
- Late onset vitreoretinal complications of regressed retinopathy of prematurityA Tufail
Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London EC1V 2PD, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 88:243-6. 2004..RESULTS: Of 29 eyes presenting with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD), 15 initially underwent a scleral buckling procedure and 14 initially underwent vitrectomy with or without additional buckling...
- Pneumatic retinopexy for inferior retinal breaksAhmad M Mansour
Department of Ophthalmology, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Ophthalmology 112:1771-6. 2005..To introduce a pneumatic retinopexy positioning for the management of retinal detachment from inferior retinal breaks after failed scleral buckle...
- Retinal detachment 7 years after prophylactic schisis cavity excision in juvenile X-linked retinoschisisLucia Sobrin
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 34:401-2. 2003..Given the favorable natural history of schisis cavities in X-linked juvenile retinoschisis, the decision to perform prophylactic excision should be undertaken cautiously after full consideration of the potential complications...
- Treatment of retinal detachment resulting from posterior staphyloma-associated macular hole in highly myopic eyesYen-Po Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Retina 26:25-31. 2006..8%); PPV with epiretinal membrane (ERM) peeling and long-acting gas tamponade (50.0%); encircling scleral buckling combined with PPV and long-acting gas tamponade (57...
- Treatment of vitreoretinal disorders in the developing world: indications and outcomes of vitreoretinal surgery in NepalGovinda Paudyal
Tilganga Eye Centre, Kathmandu, Nepal
Ophthalmology 112:319-26. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: Despite prolonged duration of vision loss at presentation, vitreoretinal surgery in the developing world can restore useful vision in many patients with RD and vitreous hemorrhage...
- Ultrahigh-resolution optical coherence tomography in patients with decreased visual acuity after retinal detachment repairLisa S Schocket
New England Eye Center, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Ophthalmology 113:666-72. 2006..This may explain poor postoperative visual acuity in eyes with anatomically successful repair...
- Retinal detachment with macular holes in infants with retinopathy of prematurityOmar F Ahmad
Schepens Retina Associates, Schepens Eye Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 123:54-7. 2005..To describe retinal detachment with macular holes in infants with retinopathy of prematurity and the methods of surgical repair with their outcomes...
- Pediatric rhegmatogenous retinal detachment in taiwanSan Ni Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Changhua Christian Hospital, No 135 Nan Hsiao Street, Changhua City, Taiwan, ROC
Retina 26:410-4. 2006..To describe the clinical features and surgical outcomes in a series of pediatric patients with rhegmatogenous retinal detachments in Taiwan...
- Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment in phakic eyes after posterior chamber phakic intraocular lens implantation for severe myopiaVicente Martinez-Castillo
Instituto Oftalmológico de Barcelona, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Vall d Hebrón Hospital, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Ophthalmology 112:580-5. 2005..To report the clinical presentation, surgical management, and outcomes of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD) in patients with severe myopia corrected by posterior chamber phakic (PCP) intraocular lens (IOL) implantation...
- Visual outcomes and complications of epiretinal membrane removal secondary to rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentMatthew D Council
Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Ophthalmology 112:1218-21. 2005..Visual acuity can be improved in these patients by removal of the epiretinal membrane, with excellent results. In this series, recurrent membrane formation is not visually significant. Careful follow-up is needed to detect recurrent RD...
- Surgical outcomes in rhegmatogenous retinal detachment at Srinagarind HospitalYosanan Yospaiboon
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 88:S69-76. 2005..To evaluate the surgical outcome for patients with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment and to find out the factors influencing the anatomic reattachment and visual results...
- Outcomes of vitreoretinal surgery for retinal detachment after LASIK for myopiaP F Salazar
Vitreoretinal Section, , Facultad de Medicina, Universidad del Rosario, Bogota, D.C.--Colombia
Eur J Ophthalmol 16:435-9. 2006..Current vitreoretinal surgery is of good prognosis as the retina was successfully reattached in most cases in both groups...
- Failure of prophylactic retinopexy in fellow eyes without a posterior vitreous detachmentDevinder S Chauhan
Moorfields Eye Hospital, 162 City Road, London EC1V 2PD, England
Arch Ophthalmol 124:968-71. 2006..To describe adverse sequelae of retinal prophylaxis in fellow eyes of patients with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment...
- Vitrectomy without scleral buckling for proliferative vitreoretinopathyTomohito Oyagi
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka Rosai Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Retina 24:215-8. 2004To determine whether complete vitrectomy with vitreous shaving and without scleral buckling (SB) is efficacious for the treatment of proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR).
- Outcomes of surgery for progressive symptomatic retinal detachment complicating retinoschisisVlassis G Grigoropoulos
Department of Ophthalmology, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Retina 26:37-43. 2006..To select the best surgical technique and predict the surgical success in cases of progressive symptomatic retinal detachment complicating retinoschisis (PSRDCR)...
- Retinal detachment associated with macular hole in high myopia: using the vitreous anatomy to optimize the surgical approachGuido Ripandelli
Fondazione G B Bietti per lo Studio e la Ricerca in Oftalmologia, Via Pasubio 6, 00195 Rome, Italy
Ophthalmology 111:726-31. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy of different surgical strategies on the postoperative outcomes of retinal detachments (RDs) associated with macular holes (MHs) in high myopia...
- Management of retinal detachment when no break is foundAlberto Salicone
Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101-6880, USA
Ophthalmology 113:398-403. 2006..were operated by the same surgeon between 1989 and 2004 using 2 approaches: 26 (59%) patients underwent a scleral buckling procedure (SBP) with or without subretinal fluid drainage, whereas 18 (41%) patients underwent scleral ..
- Intraocular intrusion of a scleral sponge implantNurten Unlu
Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 34:223-5. 2003..Intrusion of a buckle after retinal reattachment surgery is a rare complication that usually does not require surgical intervention. Cutting the silicone band without removing it may be a treatment option...
- Senile schisis detachment with posterior outer layer breaksH Hoerauf
Department of Ophthalmology, , Germany
Retina 21:602-12. 2001..Four eyes had laser photocoagulation and/or transscleral cryopexy (Group I), and five eyes had extensive scleral buckling (Group II)...
- Incidence of retinal detachment and visual outcome in eyes presenting with posterior vitreous separation and dense fundus-obscuring vitreous hemorrhageR Sarrafizadeh
Associated Retinal Consultants, PC, William Beaumont Hospital, 3535 W 13 Mile Road, Suite 632, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Ophthalmology 108:2273-8. 2001..of retinal tears, number of eyes that had retinal detachment develop, and the number of eyes repaired with scleral buckling surgery and/or pars plana vitrectomy...
- Evaluation of primary surgical procedures for retinal detachment with macular hole in highly myopic eyes: a comparison [corrected] of vitrectomy versus posterior episcleral buckling surgeryG Ripandelli
Fondazione G. B. Bietti per l'Oftalmologia, Via Pasubio 6, 00195 Rome, Italy
Ophthalmology 108:2258-64; discussion 2265. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: PEBP resulted in better postoperative anatomic and functional results compared with PPV in eyes with extreme degrees of myopia, pronounced posterior staphyloma, and posterior vitreous schisis affected with RD caused by MH...
- Outcome of diabetic vitrectomy in Latino populationChristina J Flaxel
Doheny Retina Institute, Doheny Eye Institute, Los Angeles, California, USA
Retina 27:1274-8. 2007..Evaluation of visual acuity and anatomic outcome in Latino patients undergoing vitrectomy for proliferative diabetic retinopathy, using silicone oil or gas tamponade...
- Adult retinopathy of prematurity: outcomes of rhegmatogenous retinal detachments and retinal tearsR S Kaiser
Associated Retinal Consultants, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073, USA
Ophthalmology 108:1647-53. 2001..Physicians should consider widespread relief of vitreoretinal traction for a tear or detachment in any patient with a history of premature birth...
- Retinal redetachment after silicone oil removal in proliferative vitreoretinopathy: a prognostic factor analysisRobert F Lam
Hong Kong Eye Hospital, and the Eye Institute, LKS Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Am J Ophthalmol 145:527-533. 2008..To determine the prognostic factors associated with retinal redetachment after 1300-centistokes silicone oil removal in rhegmatogenous retinal detachments (RDs) associated with grade C proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR)...
- Vitrectomy for retinal detachments with both peripheral retinal breaks and macular holes. An assessment of outcome and the status of the macular holeR R Goble
Vitreoretinal Unit, Birmingham and Midland Eye Centre, Birmingham, England, B18 7QU, UK
Retina 21:221-5. 2001..Closure rate was 31%. CONCLUSION: Pars plana vitrectomy with gas tamponade is an effective method of treating this form of retinal detachment. Some macular holes close after this surgery...
- Results of surgery on macular holes that develop after rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentM Benzerroug
Department of Ophthalmology, 1 rue Germont, Charles Nicolle University Hospital, 76000 Rouen, France
Br J Ophthalmol 92:217-9. 2008..To evaluate the characterics and surgical prognosis of macular holes that develop after rhegmatogenous retinal detachment repair...
- Vitreoretinal surgery for retinal detachment in retinochoroidal colobomataS C B Teoh
The Eye Institute, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:304-8. 2008..To report the management and outcome of retinal reattachment surgery in retinochoroidal coloboma...
- Low redetachment rate due to encircling scleral buckle in giant retinal tears treated with vitrectomy and silicone oilFleur Goezinne
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Retina 28:485-92. 2008..The goal of this study was to identify risk factors for redetachment and to assess long-term anatomic and functional results of pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) for retinal detachment associated with giant retinal tears (GRT)...
- The results of surgery on macular holes associated with rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentDesiree Ah Kine
Sunderland Eye Infirmary, Sunderland, United Kingdom
Retina 22:429-34. 2002..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the anatomical and visual outcomes of vitrectomy surgery to close the macular holes in these situations...
- Oxane HD vs silicone oil and scleral buckle in retinal detachment with proliferative vitreoretinopathy and inferior retinal breaksFrancesco Boscia
Dipartimento di Oftalmologia ed Otorinolaringoiatria, Universita di Bari, Piazza Giulio Cesare, 11 70124 Bari, Italy
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 246:943-8. 2008..To compare pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) with 1300 cs silicone oil and scleral buckle (SB) vs PPV with Oxane HD tamponade for rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD) with inferior retinal breaks (IRB)...
- Retinal redetachment after silicone oil removal in proliferative vitreoretinopathy: a prognostic factor analysisSoumen Mondal
Am J Ophthalmol 146:145; author reply 145. 2008
- Effect of oral 13-cis-retinoic acid treatment on postoperative clinical outcome of eyes with proliferative vitreoretinopathyYo Chen Chang
Department of Ophthalmology, Kaohsiung Municipal Hsiao Kang Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, No 100 Zihyou 1st Road, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Am J Ophthalmol 146:440-446. 2008..To determine whether postoperative oral 13-cis-retinoic acid (RA) treatment could improve the outcome of vitreoretinal surgery with silicone oil for the management of proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR)...
- Association between severity of vitreous haemorrhage and visual outcome in primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentLing Yeung
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Keelung, Taiwan
Acta Ophthalmol 86:165-9. 2008..To elucidate the relationship between the severity of vitreous haemorrhage (VH) and visual outcome in primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD) without previous vitreoretinal surgery...
- Preoperative B-scan ultrasonography of the vitreoretinal interface in phakic patients undergoing rhegmatogenous retinal detachment repair and its prognostic significanceFlávio A Rezende
Department of Ophthalmology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 245:1295-301. 2007....
- Pars plana vitrectomy for RDRita Gopwani
Ophthalmology 113:1688-9; author reply 1689-90. 2006
- Management of retinal detachments in pseudophakic patients with Artisan lensesIvanka van der Meulen
Department of Ophthalmology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:1804-8. 2002..To report the management and outcomes of retinal detachment repair in patients with Artisan intraocular lenses (IOLs) used for pseudophakic correction...
- Recurrent retinal detachment more than 1 year after reattachmentRobert E Foster
Cincinnati Eye Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio. Division of Ophthalmology, Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, Illinois, USA
Ophthalmology 109:1821-7. 2002..Reoperation for such late recurrent retinal detachments can successfully reattach the retina and improve visual acuity in most cases...
- The management of giant retinal tears with silicone oilN Unlu
Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara Research and Training Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Ophthalmol 13:192-5. 2003..To report the surgical success of vitrectomy with silicone oil tamponade in the treatment of retinal detachment associated with giant retinal tears due to various factors...
- Surgical management of retinal detachment with choroidal colobomaN Unlu
Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara Tranining and Research Hospital, Turkey
Eur J Ophthalmol 12:299-303. 2002..To verify the functional and anatomical results of retinal detachments related to choroidal coloboma...
- Retinal detachment in Chinese, Malay and Indian residents in Singapore: a comparative study on risk factors, clinical presentation and surgical outcomesM Rosman
Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore
Int Ophthalmol 24:101-6. 2001..The majority of patients required a scleral buckling operation either in isolation (71.3%), or in combination with vitrectomy (19.4%), and only 10 (7...
- Pars plana vitrectomy versus combined pars plana vitrectomy-scleral buckle for primary repair of pseudophakic retinal detachmentEric D Weichel
Department of Ophthalmology, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Ophthalmology 113:2033-40. 2006..To evaluate pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) versus a combined PPV and scleral buckle (PPV/SB) for repair of noncomplex, pseudophakic retinal detachment...
- Management of pseudophakic retinal detachment with undetectable retinal breaksWen-Chuan Wu
Department of Ophthalmology, Kaohsiung Medical University, Taiwan
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers 33:314-8. 2002..This report decribes the results of a prospective trial to evaluate the efficacy of both scleral buckling surgery in the treatment of pseudophakic retinal detachment with undetected retinal breaks and pars plana ..
- Outcomes of primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment in myopes of five or more dioptersAlvin K H Kwok
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Eye Hospital
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers 33:188-94. 2002..8+/-5.4 D (mean +/- SD). Macula was off in 29 (55.8%) eyes. Thirty-six (69.2%) and 16 (30.8%) eyes received scleral buckling (SB) and pars plana vitrectomy (PPV), respectively. Primary anatomical success rate was 86.1% and 75...
- [Vitrectomy without scleral buckle versus ab-externo approach for pseudophakic retinal detachment: comparative retrospective study]J F Le Rouic
Service d'Ophtalmologie, , 1, place du Parvis Notre-Dame, 75004 Paris, France
J Fr Ophtalmol 25:240-5. 2002..of cataract surgery, which can be treated by either primary vitrectomy without indentation or the scleral buckling procedure...
- Macular buckling for retinal detachment due to macular hole in highly myopic eyes with posterior staphylomaGeorge P Theodossiadis
Retina 22:129. 2002
- Paediatric vs adult retinal detachmentS Rumelt
Department of Ophthalmology, Western Galilee Nahariya Medical Center, Nahariya, Israel
Eye (Lond) 21:1473-8. 2007..To evaluate the causes, incidences, characteristics, and treatment outcomes of paediatric vs adult retinal detachment...
- Outcomes of surgery for retinal detachment associated with proliferative vitreoretinopathy using perfluoro-n-octane: a multicenter studyIngrid U Scott
Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 136:454-63. 2003....
- Unintentional displacement of the retina after standard vitrectomy for rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentChieko Shiragami
Department of Ophthalmology, Kagawa University Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa, Japan
Ophthalmology 117:86-92.e1. 2010..To study unintentional displacement of the retina after standard vitrectomy for rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD)...
- [Comparison in effectiveness of sterilization between chlorhexidine gluconate and povidone-iodine]Yuaki Yokoyama
Department of Ophthalmology, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
Nihon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi 112:148-51. 2008..To evaluate the positive value of bacterial cultures which were collected soon after various types of ophthalmic surgery, from eyelids and conjunctiva disinfected by dilute chlorhexidine gluconate or povidone-iodine solution...
- Peribulbar anaesthesia using a combination of lidocaine, bupivocaine and clonidine in vitreoretinal surgeryEmile Calenda
Department of Anesthesia Reanimation, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Rouen, 1 rue de Germont, 76031, Rouen, France
Indian J Ophthalmol 50:205-8. 2002..The efficacy and safety of peribulbar anaesthesia was assessed using a combination of lidocaine, bupivacaine and clonidine during eye surgery...
- [Glaucoma and retinal surgery]M Muller
Klinik fur Augenheilkunde, Universitat zu Lubeck, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538, Lubeck, Deutschland
Ophthalmologe 107:419-26. 2010..Secondary glaucoma may occur after scleral buckling and after vitrectomy with or without gas or silicone oil tamponade as well as after application of steroids...
- In vivo confocal microscopic findings of corneal wound healing after corneal epithelial debridement in diabetic vitrectomyWei Li Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Ophthalmology 116:1038-47. 2009....
- Reduced need for corneal epithelial debridement during vitreo-retinal surgery using two different viscous surface lubricantsEnrique Garcia-Valenzuela
Kresge Eye Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 136:1062-6. 2003Corneal clarity is frequently reduced during vitrectomy and scleral buckling surgery secondary to epithelial edema, requiring epithelial debridement to improve visibility...
- Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment after block excision of epithelial implantation cysts and tumors of the anterior uveaJ B Jonas
Department of Ophthalmology and Eye Hospital, University Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Ophthalmology 106:1942-6. 1999....
- Optical coherence tomography in optic disk pit maculopathy treated by the macular buckling procedureG P Theodossiadis
Department of Ophthalmology, Athens University, Athens, Greece
Am J Ophthalmol 132:184-90. 2001To report optical coherence tomography in optic disk pit maculopathy treated with macular scleral buckling procedure.
- Complex juxtapapillary capillary hemangioma: a case reportSherrol A Reynolds
Nova Southeastern University, College of Optometry, Ft Lauderdale, Florida 33328, USA
Optometry 79:512-7. 2008..This case report reviews this condition while highlighting the treatment and potential complications associated with juxtapapillary capillary hemangioma...
- Motility and binocularity outcomes in vitrectomy versus scleral buckling in retinal detachment surgeryL A Wright
Department of Vision Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, UK
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 237:1028-32. 1999..It is presumed that scleral buckling is primarily responsible for these effects...
- Use of self-expanding, hydrophilic osmotic expanders (hydrogel) in the reconstruction of congenital clinical anophthalmosRobert A Mazzoli
Department of Ophthalmology, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA 98431, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 15:426-31. 2004..Recent advances in tissue expansion technology may offer additional, novel alternatives to conventional therapies...
- Management of recurrent retinal detachment in silicone oil-filled eyesTarun Sharma
Vitreoretinal Service, Sankara Nethralaya, Vision Research Foundation, Chennai, India
Retina 22:153-7. 2002..To report causes of failure, management options, and outcomes after reoperations for recurrent retinal detachment in silicone oil-filled eyes...
- Randomized clinical trial of cryotherapy versus laser photocoagulation for retinopexy in conventional retinal detachment surgeryM Veckeneer
Rotterdam Eye Hospital, Schiedamse vest 1280, 3011 BH Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Ophthalmol 132:343-7. 2001..To investigate whether the method of retinopexy influences the visual recovery rate and the breakdown of the blood-ocular barrier after conventional retinal detachment surgery...
- Endothelial Transmigration Across the RPE BarrierMary Elizabeth Hartnett; Fiscal Year: 2005..Increased knowledge of the mechanisms that cause this destructive phenomenon may lead to future means to prevent CNV in the neurosensory retina, and thus, reduce vision loss in AMD. ..
- Endothelial Transmigration in Neovascular Age-related Macular DegenerationMary Elizabeth Hartnett; Fiscal Year: 2007..Effective management will require treatments targeting different steps in the disease pathogenesis, including prevention. Our goal is to determine mechanisms to prevent neurosensory CNV. ..
- CYTOKINE MODULATION IN PROLIFERATIVE VITREORETINOPATHYGLENN JAFFE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Density-dependent effects of IL-1, TNFalpha, and specific NF-kappaB inhibitors on NF-kappaB-mediated RPE apoptosis will be quantified. IV) To determine whether specific in vivo NF-kappaB blockade inhibits PVR. ..
- The application of nanotechnology to the retinaWilliam Foster; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) To determine an optimal configuration and size for an array of such devices. (3) To conduct in-vitro evaluation of the resulting devices. ..
- OUTCOME MEASURES FOR CLINICAL TRIALS IN STRABISMUSJonathan Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2007..Ultimately this research will result in better quality of life for patients with strabismus. ..
- Telemedical Diagnosis of Retinopathy of PrematurityMichael Chiang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Columbia University has a strong existing framework in medical information systems, telemedicine, and public health, which will be leveraged to complete this training and research program successfully. ..
- Comparison of AMD Treatment Trials-OCT Reading CenterGLENN JAFFE; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Eye Disease in Cuban-American and Puerto Rican AdultsIngrid Scott; Fiscal Year: 2003..g. NEI-VFQ 25) and eye service use. Subjects who refuse will be questioned as to reason(s) for refusal. ..
- CYTOKINE MODULATION IN PROLIFERATIVE VITREORETINOPATHYGLENN JAFFE; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- PATHOGENESIS OF RETINOPATHY OF PREMATURITYJonathan Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- OCULAR MELANOMAJudy Kim; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..