Summary: An operation for retinal detachment which reduces the size of the globe by indenting the sclera so that it approximates the retina.
Publications204 found, 100 shown here
- Buckle-related complications following surgical repair of retinal dialysisM James
Department of Ophthalmology, Waterford Regional Hospital, Waterford, Ireland
Eye (Lond) 22:485-90. 2008..To describe buckle-related complications following surgical repair of retinal dialysis...
- Pneumatic retinopexy, scleral buckling, and vitrectomy surgery in the management of pseudophakic retinal detachmentsWilliam H Ross
Department of Ophthalmology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 43:65-72. 2008To review the indications for and results of pneumatic retinopexy, scleral buckling, combined pars plana vitrectomy and scleral buckling surgery, and primary pars plana vitrectomy in the management of pseudophakic retinal detachment.
- Scleral buckling versus primary vitrectomy in rhegmatogenous retinal detachment: a prospective randomized multicenter clinical studyHeinrich Heimann
St Paul s Eye Unit, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 114:2142-54. 2007To compare scleral buckling surgery (SB) and primary pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) in rhegmatogenous retinal detachments of medium complexity.
- The effect of a preoperative subconjuntival injection of dexamethasone on blood-retinal barrier breakdown following scleral buckling retinal detachment surgery: a prospective randomized placebo-controlled double blind clinical trialErnesto Bali
The Rotterdam Eye Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 248:957-62. 2010..We wished to investigate whether an estimated 700 to 1000 ng/ml subretinal dexamethasone concentration at the time of surgery would decrease the blood-retinal barrier breakdown postoperatively...
- Persistent foveal retinal detachment after successful rhegmatogenous retinal detachment surgeryNorikazu Hagimura
Department of Ophthalmology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 133:516-20. 2002..To describe the tomographic features of the neurosensory retina after successful rhegmatogenous retinal detachment surgery...
- Anterior chamber depth is significantly decreased after scleral buckling surgeryFleur Goezinne
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ophthalmology 117:79-85. 2010..Because scleral buckling (SB) surgery for treatment of an RRD may in itself result in a decreased anterior chamber depth (ACD), this ..
- Primary vitrectomy for pseudophakic retinal detachment: a prospective non-randomized studyC J Pournaras
Ophthalmology Clinic, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Ophthalmol 13:298-306. 2003To compare the anatomic and functional results of primary vitrectomy alone or vitrectomy-scleral buckling for pseudophakic retinal detachment (RD)...
- Ciliary body edema after scleral buckling surgery for rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentKeisuke Kawana
Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Ophthalmology 113:36-41. 2006Choroidal detachment and anterior chamber (AC) shallowing develop in some cases after scleral buckling surgery for rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RD). Postoperative angle-closure glaucoma has been reported to occur in 4% of cases...
- Characteristics and outcomes of paediatric rhegmatogenous retinal detachment treated by segmental scleral buckling plus an encircling elementA D Sadeh
Department of Ophthalmology, Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical Center and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Israel
Eye 15:31-3. 2001PURPOSE: To evaluate the outcome of paediatric rhegmatogenous retinal detachment treated by segmental scleral buckling plus an encircling element...
- Corneal surface changes after pars plana vitrectomy and scleral buckling surgeryY Y Domniz
Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zrifin, Israel
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:868-72. 2001..To evaluate the changes in corneal shape after pars plana vitrectomy, encircling buckling surgery, and a combination of the 2 procedures...
- Subfoveal choroidal thickness change following segmental scleral buckling for rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentMasayo Kimura
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 154:893-900. 2012To report the morphologic changes of the subfoveal choroidal thickness using spectral-domain optical coherence tomography following segmental scleral buckling.
- Outcome of scleral buckling for primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment in NigeriaMahmoud Babanini Alhassan
Department of Clinical Ophthalmology, National Eye Center, Kaduna, Nigeria
Med Sci Monit 11:CR589-93. 2005The goal was to review the visual and anatomical outcome of scleral buckling for primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment at a tertiary eye care center in Nigeria between January 1994 and December 2000.
- [Scleral buckling surgery and pneumatic retinopexy. Techniques, indications and results]H Hoerauf
Universitats Augenklinik, Gottingen, Deutschland
Ophthalmologe 105:7-18. 2008..the results of the SPR study, many vitreoretinal surgeons were surprised that in the subgroup of phakic eyes, scleral buckling surgery achieved a comparable reattachment rate and better functional results even in this group of patients ..
- Retinal blood flow in the macular area before and after scleral buckling procedures for rhegmatogenous retinal detachment without macular involvementTadahiko Eshita
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 48:358-63. 2004..To investigate retinal microcirculation changes in patients with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD)...
- Effects of scleral buckling without encircling procedures on retrobulbar hemodynamics as measured by color Doppler imagingYoshikazu Ito
Department of Ophthalmology, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Arch Ophthalmol 123:950-3. 2005To study the effects of segmental scleral buckling without encircling procedures on retrobulbar hemodynamic conditions using color Doppler imaging.
- Scleral buckling with a non-contact wide-angle viewing systemCengiz Aras
Department of Ophthalmology, Bezmialem Vakif University, Istanbul, Turkey
Ophthalmologica 227:107-10. 2012To assess the outcome of scleral buckling surgery using a non-contact wide-angle viewing system for fundus visualization in patients with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment without proliferative vitreoretinopathy.
- Effect of oral prednisolone on visual outcomes and complications after scleral bucklingMohammad H Dehghan
Department of Ophthalmology and Ophthalmic Research Center, Labbafinejad Medical Center, Shaheed Beheshti University MC, Tehran, Iran
Eur J Ophthalmol 20:419-23. 2010To evaluate the effect of oral prednisolone on visual outcomes and complications of scleral buckling (SB) in phakic eyes with acute rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD).
- The learning curve for primary vitrectomy without scleral buckling for pseudophakic retinal detachmentBrice Dugas
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital, Dijon, France
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 247:319-24. 2009To assess the functional and anatomical outcome of primary vitrectomy without scleral buckling for rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD) in pseudophakic patients and to present the learning curve for this surgery in less experienced ..
- Learning curve of the scleral buckling operation: lessons from the first 97 casesMin Sagong
Department of Ophthalmology, Yeungnam University College of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
Ophthalmologica 224:22-9. 2010To provide an insight into the learning curve associated with scleral buckling surgery for an ophthalmologist on a fellowship course and to evaluate risk factors affecting outcomes during this period.
- Selection of scleral buckling for primary retinal detachmentCheng Lien Ho
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Ophthalmologica 216:33-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to see whether different types of scleral buckling could achieve comparable reattachment rates in eyes with specific types of RRD.
- Optical coherence tomography analysis of the macula after scleral buckle surgery for retinal detachmentSarah E Benson
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 114:108-12. 2007..To define the incidence, pattern, duration, and clinical consequences of persistent localized submacular fluid after scleral buckle surgery for retinal detachment (RD)...
- Complications of hydrogel explants used in scleral buckling surgeryJohn J Kearney
Department of Ophthalmology, The Permanente Medical Group, Hayward, California, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 137:96-100. 2004To report a group of patients with symptoms of pain, strabismus, sensation of orbital fullness, and presence of a subconjunctival mass many years after successful scleral buckling surgery using hydrogel explants.
- Late swelling and removal of Miragel buckles: a comparison with silicone indentationsJean François Le Rouic
Department of Opthalmology, Hotel Dieu de Paris, France
Retina 23:641-6. 2003..To describe the indications for removal of Miragel episcleral buckles and to compare them with removed silicone sponges and solid silicone indentations...
- Scleral buckling technique without retinopexy for treatment of rhegmatogeneous: a pilot studyMarta S Figueroa
Department of Ophthalmology, Ramon y Cajal University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Retina 22:288-93. 2002..The primary outcome was retinal attachment, and secondary outcomes were visual acuity results and complications...
- Extrusion and infection incidence in scleral buckling surgery with the use of silicone sponge: to soak or not to soak? An 11-year retrospective analysisD Lorenzano
Department of Ophthalmology, Tor Vergata University School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 17:399-403. 2007To assess the incidence of extrusion and infections of encircling silicone sponges in scleral buckling surgery for retinal detachment with and without the use of an intraoperative antibiotic soaking procedure.
- MIRAgel: hydrolytic degradation and long-term observationsManuela Roldán-Pallarès
Department of Ophthalmology, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Arch Ophthalmol 125:511-4. 2007..To analyze long-term complications of hydrogel (MIRAgel; MIRA Inc, Waltham, Mass) explants...
- Anatomic outcome of scleral buckling surgery in primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentF Afrashi
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Ege University, Bornova Izmir, 35100, Turkey
Int Ophthalmol 26:77-81. 2005To evaluate the factors affecting the anatomic success of treatment of retinal detachments (RD) by scleral buckling surgery.
- A preoperative retrobulbar block in patients undergoing scleral buckling reduces pain, endogenous stress response, and improves vigilanceGeorg Vogt
Public Health Department, Duisburg, Germany
Reg Anesth Pain Med 28:521-7. 2003..This study aims to test postoperative analgesia by using retrobulbar block in patients with retinal detachment surgery...
- Chemokine levels in subretinal fluid obtained during scleral buckling surgery after rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentLukas J A G Ricker
Eye Research Institute Maastricht, Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:4143-50. 2010..The exact role of these chemokines, their correlation with IL-6 after primary RRD, and their association with the future development of PVR are not yet known...
- Influence of persistent submacular fluid on visual outcome after successful scleral buckle surgery for macula-off retinal detachmentJe Hyun Seo
Department of Ophthalmology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Ophthalmol 145:915-22. 2008..To determine the influences of the extent and duration of persistent submacular fluid on final visual outcome after successful scleral buckle surgery for acute macula-off rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RD)...
- Comparison of scleral buckling with combined scleral buckling and pars plana vitrectomy in the management of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment with unseen retinal breaksHem K Tewari
Dr Rajendra Prasad Center for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 31:403-7. 2003The purpose of the present paper was to compare the techniques of conventional scleral buckling and combined pars plana vitrectomy and scleral buckling procedures in rhegmatogenous retinal detachments with unseen retinal breaks.
- High-resolution Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography and microperimetric findings after macula-off retinal detachment repairAllison J Smith
Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Science, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California, USA
Ophthalmology 115:1923-9. 2008....
- Outcomes of primary scleral buckling for stage 4 retinopathy of prematurityKathleen Beyrau
Department of Ophthalmology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Can J Ophthalmol 38:267-71. 2003b>Scleral buckling is an option for stage 4 retinopathy of prematurity (ROP). This study evaluated the anatomic results of a primary scleral buckling procedure for the treatment of this condition.
- Factors influencing anatomic and visual results in primary scleral bucklingH Ahmadieh
Department of Ophthalmology, Labbafinejad Medical Center, Teheran, Iran
Eur J Ophthalmol 10:153-9. 2000To identify the factors influencing anatomical and visual results in cases of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment undergoing primary scleral buckling.
- Features associated with surgical outcome in patients with stages 4 and 5 retinopathy of prematurityM Elizabeth Hartnett
Department of Ophthalmology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 27599, USA
Retina 23:322-9. 2003..To present ocular features associated with surgical outcomes in infants with stages 4 and 5 retinopathy of prematurity (ROP)...
- Comparison of retinal outcomes after scleral buckle or lens-sparing vitrectomy for stage 4 retinopathy of prematurityM Elizabeth Hartnett
Department of Ophthalmology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7040, USA
Retina 24:753-7. 2004..To compare anatomic outcomes after lens-sparing vitrectomy (LSV) or scleral buckle (SB) for stage 4 retinopathy of prematurity (ROP)...
- Primary vitrectomy without scleral buckling for pseudophakic rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentEfstratios Mendrinos
Department of Ophthalmology, Vitreo Retinal Unit, Geneva University Hospitals, 22 rue Alcide Jentzer, Geneva 14, Switzerland
Am J Ophthalmol 145:1063-1070. 2008To report the anatomic and functional results of primary vitrectomy without scleral buckling for the treatment of pseudophakic rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (PsRD).
- Anterior scleral buckling procedure for cyclodialysis cleft with chronic hypotonyNaresh Mandava
The University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 37:151-3. 2006..A patient who failed conventional treatment for hypotony and eventually benefited from a novel surgery to correct his cyclodialysis cleft is described...
- 10-year follow-up of visual functions in patients who underwent scleral bucklingMikio Sasoh
Department of Ophthalmology, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu Mie, Japan
Retina 25:965-71. 2005To study long-term visual functions in eyes that underwent scleral buckling for treatment of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment.
- Vitrectomy and gas for inferior break retinal detachments: are the results comparable to vitrectomy, gas, and scleral buckle?L Wickham
Western Eye Hospital, Marylebone Road, London NW1 5YE, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 88:1376-9. 2004..To compare the success rates of vitrectomy and gas with vitrectomy, gas, and buckle in the treatment of inferior break retinal detachments...
- Visual recovery after scleral buckling surgery in macula-off rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentFang Liu
Department of Ophthalmology, Philipps University Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Ophthalmologica 220:174-80. 2006The primary goal of this study was to investigate the functional results after scleral buckling (SB) surgery in macula-off rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD), with more or less than 7 days' duration of macular detachment (DMD)...
- Tailored vitrectomy and laser photocoagulation without scleral buckling for all primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentsK Johansson
Department of Ophthalmology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Br J Ophthalmol 90:1286-91. 2006To investigate the anatomical and functional results and the complications in eyes operated on using vitrectomy without scleral buckling for all forms of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD).
- Pars-plana vitrectomy alone vs vitrectomy with scleral buckling for primary rhegmatogenous pseudophakic retinal detachmentAlexandros N Stangos
Division of Ophthalmology, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University Hospitals of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Ophthalmol 138:952-8. 2004To compare primary pars-plana vitrectomy (PPV) alone vs vitrectomy with an encircling scleral buckling procedure for the treatment of primary rhegmatogenous pseudophakic retinal detachment (PsRD).
- Anterior ischemic optic neuropathy after uncomplicated scleral buckling surgeryMehran Taban
Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:1370-2. 2006..To report a case of non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION) observed after uncomplicated scleral buckle placement...
- Postoperative laser coagulation as retinopexy in patients with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment treated with scleral buckling surgery: a prospective clinical studyJan C van Meurs
Vitreoretinal Department, Rotterdam Eye Hospital, Schiedamsevest 180, 3011 BH Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Retina 22:733-9. 2002To evaluate postoperative laser photocoagulation as retinopexy mode in patients with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment treated with scleral buckling surgery.
- Scleral buckling versus primary vitrectomy in rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (SPR Study): design issues and implications. SPR Study report no. 1H Heimann
Augenklinik, Universitatsklinikum Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 239:567-74. 2001..The Scleral Buckling Versus Primary Vitrectomy in Rhegmatogenous Retinal Detachments Study (SPR Study) is designed to compare ..
- Visual recovery after scleral buckling procedure for retinal detachmentAlberto Salicone
Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Ophthalmology 113:1734-42. 2006To evaluate prognostic factors for visual and anatomic outcomes, including complications after scleral buckling procedure (SBP) for primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachments.
- Twenty-year follow-up for scleral bucklingStephen G Schwartz
McPherson Retina Center, Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 120:325-9. 2002..To the report 20-year follow-up data for patients receiving a scleral buckle for treatment of a primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD)...
- Surgically induced necrotising scleritis following three-port pars plana vitrectomy without scleral buckling: a series of three casesA M S Morley
Uveitis Service, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Eye (Lond) 22:162-4. 2008..the presentation, management, and prognosis of three cases of surgically induced necrotising scleritis (SINS) following three-port-pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) without scleral buckling. To discuss potential pathogeneses and treatments.
- Reduced choroidal blood flow can induce visual field defect in open angle glaucoma patients without intraocular pressure elevation following encircling scleral bucklingEnrique Adan Sato
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Retina 28:493-7. 2008..To determine the cause of the progressive glaucomatous visual field defects in three patients after an encircling scleral buckle for a rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD)...
- Functional and anatomic outcome of scleral buckling versus primary vitrectomy in pseudophakic retinal detachmentYog Raj Sharma
Vitreo Retina Services, Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 83:293-7. 2005To conduct a randomized prospective clinical trial to compare primary vitrectomy without scleral buckling versus conventional scleral buckling surgery in pseudophakic primary retinal detachment (PPRD) in terms of anatomic attachment rate, ..
- Retinal function after scleral buckling for recent onset rhegmatogenous retinal detachment: assessment with electroretinography and optical coherence tomographyPatrik Schatz
Department of Ophthalmology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Retina 27:30-6. 2007To investigate central and peripheral retinal function after scleral buckling surgery for recent onset rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RD).
- Comparison of scleral buckling and vitrectomy for retinal detachment resulting from flap tears in superior quadrantsD Miki
Department of Ophthalmology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 45:187-91. 2001PURPOSE: To compare the surgical results of vitrectomy and scleral buckling for uncomplicated superior retinal detachment caused by flap tears...
- Remodeling of choroidal venous drainage after vortex vein occlusion following scleral buckling for retinal detachmentK Takahashi
Department of Ophthalmology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 129:191-8. 2000To evaluate the choroidal drainage route after scleral buckling for retinal detachment.
- Conventional buckling surgery or primary vitrectomy with silicone oil tamponade in rhegmatogenous retinal detachment with multiple breaksFiliz Afrashi
Department of Opthalmology, Ege University School of Medicine, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 242:295-300. 2004..In this retrospective study, we compared the surgical results of conventional buckling surgery and vitrectomy with silicone oil tamponade for rhegmatogenous (RD) with multiple breaks...
- Is it time to call time on the scleral buckle?D McLeod
Br J Ophthalmol 88:1357-9. 2004
- Foveal microstructure and visual acuity after retinal detachment repair: imaging analysis by Fourier-domain optical coherence tomographyTaku Wakabayashi
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Ophthalmology 116:519-28. 2009..To evaluate foveal microstructural changes in eyes with anatomically successful repair of rhegmatogenous retinal detachments (RRDs)...
- View 1: minimal segmental buckling without drainageI Kreissig
Univ Augenklinik, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68187 Mannheim, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 87:782-4. 2003
- Choroidal blood flow in the foveal region in eyes with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment and scleral buckling proceduresR Sugawara
Department of Ophthalmology, Asahikawa Medical College, Midorigaoka Higashi 2 1 1 1, Asahikawa 078 8510, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 90:1363-5. 2006To investigate changes in choroidal blood flow (ChBF) in the foveal region of the human eye with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment induced by scleral buckling.
- Scleral buckling surgery after macula-off retinal detachment: worse visual outcome after more than 6 daysRoselie M H Diederen
Eye Research Institute Maastricht, Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ophthalmology 114:705-9. 2007..To determine the effect of duration of macular detachment (DMD) on visual acuity (VA) in patients with macula-off rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RD)...
- Anatomic and visual outcomes of scleral buckling versus primary vitrectomy in pseudophakic and aphakic retinal detachment: six-month follow-up results of a single operation--report no. 1Hamid Ahmadieh
Ophthalmic Research Center, Labbafinejad Medical Center, Tehran, Iran
Ophthalmology 112:1421-9. 2005To compare the anatomic and visual results and complications of conventional scleral buckling versus primary vitrectomy for management of pseudophakic and aphakic retinal detachment.
- Outcomes of surgery for progressive symptomatic retinal detachment complicating retinoschisisVlassis G Grigoropoulos
Department of Ophthalmology, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Retina 26:37-43. 2006..To select the best surgical technique and predict the surgical success in cases of progressive symptomatic retinal detachment complicating retinoschisis (PSRDCR)...
- Treatment of retinal detachment resulting from posterior staphyloma-associated macular hole in highly myopic eyesYen Po Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Retina 26:25-31. 2006..To evaluate the surgical outcome of retinal detachment resulting from a posterior staphyloma-associated macular hole in highly myopic eyes...
- Retinal detachment with macular holes in infants with retinopathy of prematurityOmar F Ahmad
Schepens Retina Associates, Schepens Eye Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 123:54-7. 2005..To describe retinal detachment with macular holes in infants with retinopathy of prematurity and the methods of surgical repair with their outcomes...
- Effect of oral 13-cis-retinoic acid treatment on postoperative clinical outcome of eyes with proliferative vitreoretinopathyYo Chen Chang
Department of Ophthalmology, Kaohsiung Municipal Hsiao Kang Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, No 100 Zihyou 1st Road, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Am J Ophthalmol 146:440-446. 2008..To determine whether postoperative oral 13-cis-retinoic acid (RA) treatment could improve the outcome of vitreoretinal surgery with silicone oil for the management of proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR)...
- Treatment of vitreoretinal disorders in the developing world: indications and outcomes of vitreoretinal surgery in NepalGovinda Paudyal
Tilganga Eye Centre, Kathmandu, Nepal
Ophthalmology 112:319-26. 2005..To examine the outcomes of vitreoretinal surgery for retinal disorders at Tilganga Eye Centre in Kathmandu, Nepal...
- Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment in phakic eyes after posterior chamber phakic intraocular lens implantation for severe myopiaVicente Martinez-Castillo
Instituto Oftalmológico de Barcelona, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Vall d Hebrón Hospital, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Ophthalmology 112:580-5. 2005..To report the clinical presentation, surgical management, and outcomes of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD) in patients with severe myopia corrected by posterior chamber phakic (PCP) intraocular lens (IOL) implantation...
- Visual outcomes and complications of epiretinal membrane removal secondary to rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentMatthew D Council
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Ophthalmology 112:1218-21. 2005..To examine visual outcomes after surgery for removal of epiretinal membrane after retinal detachment (RD) repair, and to identify possible complications...
- Pneumatic retinopexy for inferior retinal breaksAhmad M Mansour
Department of Ophthalmology, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Ophthalmology 112:1771-6. 2005..To introduce a pneumatic retinopexy positioning for the management of retinal detachment from inferior retinal breaks after failed scleral buckle...
- Management of retinal detachment when no break is foundAlberto Salicone
Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101 6880, USA
Ophthalmology 113:398-403. 2006..To review the results of 2 different surgical approaches in the management of primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachments (RDs) with undetected retinal breaks...
- Anatomical and visual outcomes after episcleral macular buckling compared with those after pars plana vitrectomy for retinal detachment caused by macular hole in highly myopic eyesFumitaka Ando
EyeCare Nagoya, Nakamuraku, Nagoya shi, Japan
Retina 27:37-44. 2007..To report anatomical and visual outcomes after episcleral macular buckling (EMB) and pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) for retinal detachment caused by macular hole in highly myopic eyes with posterior staphyloma...
- Association between severity of vitreous haemorrhage and visual outcome in primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentLing Yeung
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Keelung, Taiwan
Acta Ophthalmol 86:165-9. 2008..To elucidate the relationship between the severity of vitreous haemorrhage (VH) and visual outcome in primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD) without previous vitreoretinal surgery...
- Outcome of diabetic vitrectomy in Latino populationChristina J Flaxel
Doheny Retina Institute, Doheny Eye Institute, Los Angeles, California, USA
Retina 27:1274-8. 2007..Evaluation of visual acuity and anatomic outcome in Latino patients undergoing vitrectomy for proliferative diabetic retinopathy, using silicone oil or gas tamponade...
- Retinal redetachment after silicone oil removal in proliferative vitreoretinopathy: a prognostic factor analysisRobert F Lam
Hong Kong Eye Hospital, and the Eye Institute, LKS Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Am J Ophthalmol 145:527-533. 2008..To determine the prognostic factors associated with retinal redetachment after 1300-centistokes silicone oil removal in rhegmatogenous retinal detachments (RDs) associated with grade C proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR)...
- Results of surgery on macular holes that develop after rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentM Benzerroug
Department of Ophthalmology, 1 rue Germont, Charles Nicolle University Hospital, 76000 Rouen, France
Br J Ophthalmol 92:217-9. 2008..To evaluate the characterics and surgical prognosis of macular holes that develop after rhegmatogenous retinal detachment repair...
- Vitreoretinal surgery for retinal detachment in retinochoroidal colobomataS C B Teoh
The Eye Institute, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:304-8. 2008..To report the management and outcome of retinal reattachment surgery in retinochoroidal coloboma...
- Low redetachment rate due to encircling scleral buckle in giant retinal tears treated with vitrectomy and silicone oilFleur Goezinne
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Retina 28:485-92. 2008..The goal of this study was to identify risk factors for redetachment and to assess long-term anatomic and functional results of pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) for retinal detachment associated with giant retinal tears (GRT)...
- Oxane HD vs silicone oil and scleral buckle in retinal detachment with proliferative vitreoretinopathy and inferior retinal breaksFrancesco Boscia
Dipartimento di Oftalmologia ed Otorinolaringoiatria, Universita di Bari, Piazza Giulio Cesare, 11 70124 Bari, Italy
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 246:943-8. 2008..To compare pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) with 1300 cs silicone oil and scleral buckle (SB) vs PPV with Oxane HD tamponade for rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD) with inferior retinal breaks (IRB)...
- Pars plana vitrectomy versus combined pars plana vitrectomy-scleral buckle for primary repair of pseudophakic retinal detachmentEric D Weichel
Department of Ophthalmology, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Ophthalmology 113:2033-40. 2006..To evaluate pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) versus a combined PPV and scleral buckle (PPV/SB) for repair of noncomplex, pseudophakic retinal detachment...
- Ultrahigh-resolution optical coherence tomography in patients with decreased visual acuity after retinal detachment repairLisa S Schocket
New England Eye Center, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Ophthalmology 113:666-72. 2006..To assess microstructural changes in the retina that may explain incomplete visual recovery after anatomically successful repair of rhegmatogenous retinal detachments (RD) using ultrahigh-resolution optical coherence tomography (UHR OCT)...
- Pediatric rhegmatogenous retinal detachment in taiwanSan Ni Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Changhua Christian Hospital, No 135 Nan Hsiao Street, Changhua City, Taiwan, ROC
Retina 26:410-4. 2006..To describe the clinical features and surgical outcomes in a series of pediatric patients with rhegmatogenous retinal detachments in Taiwan...
- Surgical outcomes in rhegmatogenous retinal detachment at Srinagarind HospitalYosanan Yospaiboon
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 88:S69-76. 2005..To evaluate the surgical outcome for patients with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment and to find out the factors influencing the anatomic reattachment and visual results...
- Outcomes of vitreoretinal surgery for retinal detachment after LASIK for myopiaP F Salazar
Vitreoretinal Section, Fundacion Oftalmologica Nacional, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad del Rosario, Bogota, D C Colombia
Eur J Ophthalmol 16:435-9. 2006..To report and compare outcomes of vitreoretinal surgery for repair of retinal detachment in myopic patients with and without previous laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)...
- Failure of prophylactic retinopexy in fellow eyes without a posterior vitreous detachmentDevinder S Chauhan
Moorfields Eye Hospital, 162 City Road, London EC1V 2PD, England
Arch Ophthalmol 124:968-71. 2006..To describe adverse sequelae of retinal prophylaxis in fellow eyes of patients with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment...
- Fellow eye of patients with retinal detachment associated with macular hole and bilateral high myopiaAkitaka Tsujikawa
Department of Ophthalmology, Kobe City General Hospital, Kobe, Japan
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 34:430-3. 2006..To estimate the risk of retinal detachment in the fellow eye of patients with bilateral high myopia who had retinal detachment associated with macular hole (MH-RD) in one eye...
- Paediatric vs adult retinal detachmentS Rumelt
Department of Ophthalmology, Western Galilee Nahariya Medical Center, Nahariya, Israel
Eye (Lond) 21:1473-8. 2007..To evaluate the causes, incidences, characteristics, and treatment outcomes of paediatric vs adult retinal detachment...
- Pars plana vitrectomy for RDRita Gopwani
Ophthalmology 113:1688-9; author reply 1689-90. 2006
- Preoperative B-scan ultrasonography of the vitreoretinal interface in phakic patients undergoing rhegmatogenous retinal detachment repair and its prognostic significanceFlávio A Rezende
Department of Ophthalmology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 245:1295-301. 2007....
- Retinal redetachment after silicone oil removal in proliferative vitreoretinopathy: a prognostic factor analysisSoumen Mondal
Am J Ophthalmol 146:145; author reply 145. 2008
- Management of pseudophakic retinal detachment with undetectable retinal breaksWen Chuan Wu
Department of Ophthalmology, Kaohsiung Medical University, Taiwan
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers 33:314-8. 2002..This report decribes the results of a prospective trial to evaluate the efficacy of both scleral buckling surgery in the treatment of pseudophakic retinal detachment with undetected retinal breaks and pars plana ..
- Retinal detachment 7 years after prophylactic schisis cavity excision in juvenile X-linked retinoschisisLucia Sobrin
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 34:401-2. 2003..Given the favorable natural history of schisis cavities in X-linked juvenile retinoschisis, the decision to perform prophylactic excision should be undertaken cautiously after full consideration of the potential complications...
- Late-onset retinal detachment associated with regressed retinopathy of prematurityHiroko Terasaki
Schepens Retina Associates, Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Jpn J Ophthalmol 47:492-7. 2003..To study the characteristics of late-onset retinal detachments in patients with regressed retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) and the condition of their fellow eyes...
- Surgical management of retinal detachment associated with myopic macular hole: anatomic and functional status of the maculaMikio Ichibe
Department of Ophthalmology, Niigata University School of Medicine, Asahimachi, Niigata, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 136:277-84. 2003..To evaluate the postoperative status of the macula after vitreous surgery with internal limiting membrane removal for macular hole related retinal detachment in patients with severe myopia...
- Intraocular intrusion of a scleral sponge implantNurten Unlu
Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 34:223-5. 2003..Intrusion of a buckle after retinal reattachment surgery is a rare complication that usually does not require surgical intervention. Cutting the silicone band without removing it may be a treatment option...
- The management of giant retinal tears with silicone oilN Unlu
Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara Research and Training Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Ophthalmol 13:192-5. 2003..To report the surgical success of vitrectomy with silicone oil tamponade in the treatment of retinal detachment associated with giant retinal tears due to various factors...
- [Vitrectomy without scleral buckle versus ab-externo approach for pseudophakic retinal detachment: comparative retrospective study]J F Le Rouic
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hotel Dieu, 1, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75004 Paris, France
J Fr Ophtalmol 25:240-5. 2002..of cataract surgery, which can be treated by either primary vitrectomy without indentation or the scleral buckling procedure...
- Vitrectomy for retinal detachments with both peripheral retinal breaks and macular holes. An assessment of outcome and the status of the macular holeR R Goble
Vitreoretinal Unit, Birmingham and Midland Eye Centre, Birmingham, England, B18 7QU, UK
Retina 21:221-5. 2001..Closure rate was 31%. CONCLUSION: Pars plana vitrectomy with gas tamponade is an effective method of treating this form of retinal detachment. Some macular holes close after this surgery...
- Management of retinal detachments in pseudophakic patients with Artisan lensesIvanka van der Meulen
Department of Ophthalmology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:1804-8. 2002..To report the management and outcomes of retinal detachment repair in patients with Artisan intraocular lenses (IOLs) used for pseudophakic correction...
- Recurrent retinal detachment more than 1 year after reattachmentRobert E Foster
Cincinnati Eye Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio Division of Ophthalmology, Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, Illinois, USA
Ophthalmology 109:1821-7. 2002..To better understand this uncommon problem, we evaluated late recurrent retinal detachments in relation to the contemporary classification of proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR)...
- Surgical management of retinal detachment with choroidal colobomaN Unlu
Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara Tranining and Research Hospital, Turkey
Eur J Ophthalmol 12:299-303. 2002..To verify the functional and anatomical results of retinal detachments related to choroidal coloboma...
- Retinal detachment in Chinese, Malay and Indian residents in Singapore: a comparative study on risk factors, clinical presentation and surgical outcomesM Rosman
Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore
Int Ophthalmol 24:101-6. 2001..The majority of patients required a scleral buckling operation either in isolation (71.3%), or in combination with vitrectomy (19.4%), and only 10 (7...
- Endothelial Transmigration Across the RPE BarrierMary Elizabeth Hartnett; Fiscal Year: 2005..Increased knowledge of the mechanisms that cause this destructive phenomenon may lead to future means to prevent CNV in the neurosensory retina, and thus, reduce vision loss in AMD. ..
- Endothelial Transmigration in Neovascular Age-related Macular DegenerationMary Elizabeth Hartnett; Fiscal Year: 2007..Effective management will require treatments targeting different steps in the disease pathogenesis, including prevention. Our goal is to determine mechanisms to prevent neurosensory CNV. ..
- CYTOKINE MODULATION IN PROLIFERATIVE VITREORETINOPATHYGLENN JAFFE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Density-dependent effects of IL-1, TNFalpha, and specific NF-kappaB inhibitors on NF-kappaB-mediated RPE apoptosis will be quantified. IV) To determine whether specific in vivo NF-kappaB blockade inhibits PVR. ..
- The application of nanotechnology to the retinaWilliam Foster; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) To determine an optimal configuration and size for an array of such devices. (3) To conduct in-vitro evaluation of the resulting devices. ..
- OUTCOME MEASURES FOR CLINICAL TRIALS IN STRABISMUSJonathan Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2007..Ultimately this research will result in better quality of life for patients with strabismus. ..
- Telemedical Diagnosis of Retinopathy of PrematurityMichael Chiang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Columbia University has a strong existing framework in medical information systems, telemedicine, and public health, which will be leveraged to complete this training and research program successfully. ..
- Comparison of AMD Treatment Trials-OCT Reading CenterGLENN JAFFE; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Eye Disease in Cuban-American and Puerto Rican AdultsIngrid Scott; Fiscal Year: 2003..g. NEI-VFQ 25) and eye service use. Subjects who refuse will be questioned as to reason(s) for refusal. ..
- CYTOKINE MODULATION IN PROLIFERATIVE VITREORETINOPATHYGLENN JAFFE; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- PATHOGENESIS OF RETINOPATHY OF PREMATURITYJonathan Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- OCULAR MELANOMAJudy Kim; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..