Genomes and Genes
Summary: Artificially induced UTERINE CONTRACTION. Generally, LABOR, OBSTETRIC is induced with the intent to cause delivery of the fetus and termination of pregnancy.
Publications193 found, 100 shown here
- A comparison of intermittent vaginal administration of two different doses of misoprostol suppositories with continuous dinoprostone for cervical ripening and labor inductionA N Khoury
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, lnova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, Virginia 22042-3300, USA
J Matern Fetal Med 10:186-92. 2001..CONCLUSION: Misoprostol suppositories appeared to be as effective and safe as continuous dinoprostone in inducing cervical ripening in this sample...
- Outcome after elective labor induction in nulliparous women: a matched cohort studyHendrik Cammu
Department of Gynecology, Andrology, and Obstetrics, Academic Hospital Free University Brussels, Belgium
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:240-4. 2002..To determine whether elective induction of labor in nulliparous women is associated with changes in fetomaternal outcome when compared with labor of spontaneous onset...
- Randomized trial in multiparous patients: investigating a single vs. two-dose regimen of intravaginal misoprostol for induction of laborAmali U Lokugamage
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Royal Free and University College London Medical School, University College London, London, UK
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:138-42. 2003..The minimum possible dose of uterotonic drug should be used in induction of labor for multiparous patients to avoid excessive uterine activity, which could increase both maternal and fetal risks...
- Cervical ripening and induction of labor with intravaginal misoprostol and Foley catheter cervical tractionM Kashanian
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Akbar Abadi Teaching Hospital, Tehran, Iran
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 92:79-80. 2006
- Obstetric intervention, stillbirth, and preterm birthK S Joseph
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Semin Perinatol 26:250-9. 2002..Obstetric intervention at preterm gestation, when indicated, can prevent stillbirth and reduce infant morbidity and mortality despite the increasing rates of preterm delivery...
- Rising rates of labor induction: present concerns and future strategiesWilliam F Rayburn
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131 5286, USA
Obstet Gynecol 100:164-7. 2002..Strategies are proposed for developing evidence-based guidelines to reduce the presumed increase in health care costs, risk of cesarean delivery for nulliparas, and overscheduling in labor and delivery...
- U.S. national trends in labor induction, 1989-1998Jun Zhang
Epidemiology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, NIH Building 6100, Room 7B03, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Reprod Med 47:120-4. 2002..To examine the epidemiology of labor induction in the United States...
- Obstetric outcomes associated with increase in BMI category during pregnancyWanjiku Kabiru
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Emory University School of Medicine at Grady Health Systems, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:928-32. 2004..The purpose of this study was to investigate effect of increase in body mass index (BMI) category on obstetric outcomes...
- Elective induction of labor as a risk factor for cesarean delivery among low-risk women at termA S Maslow
Department of Clinical Outcomes and Quality Improvement, Franciscan Health System, Tacoma, Washington, USA
Obstet Gynecol 95:917-22. 2000..To determine the effects of elective induction on the risk of cesarean delivery in a cohort of women with low-risk term pregnancies and to evaluate the costs of elective induction services within our hospital system...
- Risk of cesarean delivery with elective induction of labor at term in nulliparous womenS T Seyb
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University Medical School, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Obstet Gynecol 94:600-7. 1999..To quantify the risk of cesarean delivery associated with elective induction of labor in nulliparous women at term...
- The value of ultrasound in the prediction of successful induction of laborS M Rane
Harris Birthright Research Centre for Fetal Medicine, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 24:538-49. 2004....
- Prolonged pregnancy: when should we intervene?Errol R Norwitz
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 50:547-57. 2007..For these reasons, the authors favor a policy of routine induction of labor for low-risk pregnancies at 41 weeks' gestation...
- Post-term induction of labor revisitedL Rand
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obstet Gynecol 96:779-83. 2000..Those findings provide rationale for earlier labor induction in low-risk pregnancies...
- Risk factors and outcome of failure to progress during the first stage of labor: a population-based studyEyal Sheiner
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Soroka University Medical Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, PO Box 151, Beer Sheva, Israel
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:222-6. 2002..One of the major indications for Cesarean section (CS) is failure of labor to progress. This study was aimed at defining obstetric risk factors for failure of labor to progress during the first stage, and to determine pregnancy outcome...
- Bishop score and risk of cesarean delivery after induction of labor in nulliparous womenFrancis P J M Vrouenraets
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Atrium Medical Center, Heerlen, VieCuri Medical Center, Venlo, The Netherlands
Obstet Gynecol 105:690-7. 2005..To quantify the risk and risk factors for cesarean delivery associated with medical and elective induction of labor in nulliparous women...
- Effect of preeclampsia, magnesium sulfate prophylaxis, and maternal weight on labor induction: a retrospective analysisKyo Hoon Park
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Korea
Gynecol Obstet Invest 61:40-4. 2006..Our purposes were to determine the effect of preeclampsia, magnesium sulfate prophylaxis, and maternal weight on labor induction in women with preeclampsia and identify risk factors associated with its failure...
- Spontaneous versus induced labor after a previous cesarean deliveryTina Delaney
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 102:39-44. 2003To compare maternal and neonatal outcomes in spontaneous versus induced labor after one previous cesarean delivery.
- The influence of obstetric intervention on trends in twin stillbirths: United States, 1989-99C V Ananth
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 125 Paterson Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 1977, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 15:380-7. 2004..Although twin stillbirth rates have declined substantially over the past two decades, the contribution of changes in obstetric interventions to reducing twin stillbirths has not been quantified...
- Transvaginal ultrasonography for cervical assessment before induction of laborSoon Ha Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
J Ultrasound Med 23:375-82, quiz 384-5. 2004..To evaluate the value of ultrasonographic cervical assessment in predicting the outcome of labor induction and to compare its performance against the Bishop score...
- Risk of uterine rupture during labor among women with a prior cesarean deliveryM Lydon-Rochelle
Center for Women s Health Research, Department of Family and Child Nursing, School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7262, USA
N Engl J Med 345:3-8. 2001..Concern persists that a trial of labor may increase the risk of uterine rupture, an uncommon but serious obstetrical complication...
- Transvaginal ultrasound and digital examination in predicting successful labor inductionS Chandra
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 98:2-6. 2001..To compare transvaginal ultrasound and digital cervical examination in predicting successful induction in post-term pregnancy...
- Obstetric cholestasis: outcome with active managementNadia Roncaglia
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Divisione di Ostetricia e Ginecologia, Ospedale San Gerardo, I S B M San Gerado, University of Milano Bicocca, Via Solferino 16, 20052, Monza, Italy
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 100:167-70. 2002..Most cases of stillbirth are associated with meconium passage. We prospectively evaluated the effect of a management protocol inclusive of surveillance for presence of meconium and induction of labor at 37 weeks...
- Comparison of digital and ultrasonographic examination of the cervix in predicting time interval from induction to delivery in women with a low Bishop scorePatrick Rozenberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Poissy Saint Germain Hospital, Versailles St Quentin University, France
BJOG 112:192-6. 2005..To compare pre-induction ultrasonographic cervical length and Bishop score in predicting time to delivery after labour induction with prostaglandins...
- Factors predicting labor induction success: a critical analysisJoan M G Crane
Memorial University of Newfoundland, Eastern Health of St John s, St John s, NL, Canada
Clin Obstet Gynecol 49:573-84. 2006..Further research is needed to evaluate these potential predictors and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1), another potential biochemical marker...
- Preinduction sonographic measurement of cervical length in the prediction of successful induction of laborG K Pandis
Harris Birthright Research Centre for Fetal Medicine, King's College Hospital Medical School, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8RX, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 18:623-8. 2001..The traditional method of predicting whether an induced labor will result in successful vaginal delivery is based on the preinduction "favorability" of the cervix ..
- Electrical impedance measurements: an objective measure of prelabor cervical changeM P O'Connell
Coombe Women s Hospital, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 14:389-91. 2003..To investigate the use of electrical impedance measurements of the pregnant cervix as an objective measure of cervical favorability (Bishop score > or = 5)...
- Randomized controlled trial of vaginal misoprostol versus dinoprostone vaginal insert for labor inductionD Garry
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, New York, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 13:254-9. 2003..To compare the safety and efficacy of vaginal misoprostol versus dinoprostone vaginal inserts for cervical ripening and labor induction...
- Outcome of pregnancy in a woman with an increased body mass indexT S Usha Kiran
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital of Wales and Llandough Hospital Trust, Cardiff, UK
BJOG 112:768-72. 2005..To show the increased risk of adverse outcomes in labour and fetomaternal morbidity in obese women (BMI > 30)...
- Dinoprostone versus misoprostol: a randomized study of nulliparous women undergoing induction of laborAmali U Lokugamage
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Royal Free and University College London Medical School, University College London, London, UK
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:133-7. 2003..The objectives of the study were to compare the efficacy and safety of intravaginal misoprostol and intravaginal dinoprostone for induction of labor and to quantify the clinical response to suspicious cardiotocographic (CTG) readings...
- A way to lend objectivity to Bishop scoreM R M Elghorori
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich, Norfolk, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 26:311-6. 2006..The sensitivity of the Bishop score in predicting the rate of vaginal delivery has been improved significantly following the modification...
- Labor induction with 25 microg versus 50 microg intravaginal misoprostol: a systematic reviewLuis Sanchez-Ramos
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, University of Florida Health Science Center, Jacksonville, Florida 32209, USA
Obstet Gynecol 99:145-51. 2002..To systematically review published randomized controlled trials (RCTs) to compare the safety and efficacy of 25 microg versus 50 microg of intravaginal misoprostol for cervical ripening and labor induction...
- Intervention rates after elective induction of labor compared to labor with a spontaneous onset. A matched cohort studyN van Gemund
Department of Obstetrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Gynecol Obstet Invest 56:133-8. 2003..A number of studies have shown an increased incidence of operative deliveries. The objective of this study was to evaluate the rate of interventions in our hospital, including operative delivery...
- Intrauterine growth restriction at term: induction or spontaneous labour? Disproportionate intrauterine growth intervention trial at term (DIGITAT): a pilot studyMarjan M L van den Hove
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Academic Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 125:54-8. 2006....
- Acupuncture administered after spontaneous rupture of membranes at term significantly reduces the length of birth and use of oxytocin. A randomized controlled trialLise Christine Gaudernack
Kvinneklinikken, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:1348-53. 2006..The objective was to investigate whether acupuncture could be a reasonable option for augmentation in labor after spontaneous rupture of membranes at term and to look for possible effects on the progress of labor...
- Relationships among attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, induced labor, and selected physiological and demographic variablesCynthia D Claycomb
Central Missouri State University, Warrensburg 64093, USA
J Clin Psychol 60:689-93. 2004..Maternal age at delivery and maternal education level emerged as the strongest predictors, with the exception of sex, of ADHD in the full model...
- The role of ultrasound and fetal fibronectin in predicting the length of induced labor when the cervix is unfavorableH Roman
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, General Hospital, Le Havre, France
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 23:567-73. 2004To compare cervical clinical data, ultrasound parameters and fetal fibronectin assessment in the prediction of the duration of induced labor when the cervix is unfavorable.
- Does acupuncture used in nulliparous women reduce time from prelabour rupture of membranes at term to active phase of labour? A randomised controlled trialTone Selmer-Olsen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:1447-52. 2007..To assess if acupuncture influences the onset of labour and the need for induction after prelabour rupture of membranes (PROM) in nulliparous women. Further, to investigate a possible effect of acupuncture on the woman's wellbeing...
- Histologic chorioamnionitis is more common after spontaneous labor than after induced labor at termH S Park
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Graduate School of Medicine, Dongguk University, Seoul, South Korea
Placenta 31:792-5. 2010..This study was conducted to address this question...
- Acupuncture for cervical ripening and induction of labor at term--a randomized controlled trialM Rabl
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 113:942-6. 2001..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether acupuncture at term can influence cervical ripening, induce labor and thus reduce the need for postdates induction...
- Prolonged pregnancy: induction of labor and cesarean birthsJ M Alexander
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75235 9032 USA
Obstet Gynecol 97:911-5. 2001..To determine the effects of labor induction on cesarean delivery in post-date pregnancies...
- Acupuncture to induce labor: a randomized controlled trialCaroline A Smith
School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, the Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, and the Faculty of Health Sciences, Women s and Children s Health Research Institute, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Obstet Gynecol 112:1067-74. 2008..To estimate the clinical effectiveness of acupuncture to induce labor...
- The value of the cervical score in predicting successful outcome of labor inductionM C Williams
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Florida, Tampa 33606, USA
Obstet Gynecol 90:784-9. 1997..To compare cervical dilation and the Bishop score as correlates of successful labor induction and vaginal delivery and to determine whether the prognosis of post-ripening cervical characteristics varies with the method of ripening used...
- Oxytocin-induced labor augments IL-1beta-stimulated lung fluid absorption in fetal guinea pig lungsPrem K Nair
Dept of Physiology and Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Northeastern Ohio University, 4209 State Rte 44, PO Box 95, Rootstown, OH 44272 0095, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 289:L1029-38. 2005We tested the hypothesis that oxytocin-induced labor augmented IL-1beta-induced/-stimulated lung fluid absorption in preterm guinea pig fetuses...
- Emergency cesarean delivery in induction of labor: an evaluation of risk factorsRagnhild Cnattingius
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:456-62. 2005Induction of labor has been associated with an increased risk of emergency cesarean delivery. Knowledge of factors that influence the risk of cesarean delivery in women with induced labor is limited.
- A randomised trial comparing low dose vaginal misoprostol and dinoprostone for labour inductionN van Gemund
Department of Obstetrics, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
BJOG 111:42-9. 2004..To compare vaginal misoprostol with dinoprostone for induction of labour...
- Does ultrasound examination when the cervix is unfavorable improve the prediction of failed labor induction?H Roman
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, General Hospital, Le Havre, France
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 23:357-62. 2004..To compare the Bishop score, ultrasound cervical parameters and fetal fibronectin assessment for predicting failed labor induction when the cervix is unfavorable...
- Reliability of the Bishop score before labour induction at termEllen F Faltin-Traub
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva 14 1211, Switzerland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 112:178-81. 2004..To evaluate the agreement within three pairs of observers regarding the Bishop score and an informal global evaluation of the cervix (favourable/unfavourable)...
- Bishop score and transvaginal ultrasound for preinduction cervical assessment: a randomized clinical trialJ L Bartha
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Puerto Real, Puerto Real, Cadiz, Spain
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:155-9. 2005..To compare transvaginal ultrasound with the Bishop score in assessment of cervical ripening for choice of induction agent...
- A randomised comparison of oral misoprostol and vaginal prostaglandin E2 tablets in labour induction at termA Shetty
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aberdeen Maternity Hospital, Foresterhill, UK
BJOG 111:436-40. 2004..To compare the efficacy of 100 microg of oral misoprostol with 3 mg prostaglandin E2 vaginal tablets in term labour induction...
- Oral and vaginal misoprostol compared with dinoprostone for induction of labor: a randomized controlled trialPaul A Le Roux
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Obstet Gynecol 99:201-5. 2002..To evaluate the efficacy of oral and vaginal misoprostol compared with the standard regimen using dinoprostone for induction of labor...
- Synchronised calvings after withdrawal of norgestomet implants from cows treated near term with prostaglandinB P Janszen
Department of Herd Health and Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
Vet Rec 127:405-7. 1990..It is concluded that calving near term can be synchronised by a progestogen in the absence of a corpus luteum...
- Induction policy and missed post-term pregnancies: a mathematical modelM Mongelli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 41:38-40. 2001..Timing of elective delivery is the most important variable affecting the detection rate for post-maturity There is no advantage in using menstrual dates when ultrasound biometry is available...
- Temporal changes in rates and reasons for medical induction of term labor, 1980-1996B P Yawn
Department of Research, Olmsted Medical Center, Rochester, MN 55904, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 184:611-9. 2001..the average maternal length of stay and the percentage of cesarean deliveries were higher among women with induced labor at term than among those with spontaneous labor at term...
- Misoprostol 50 microg sublingually versus vaginally for labor induction at term: a randomized studyEray Caliskan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kocaeli University Faculty of Medicine, Kocaeli, Turkey
Gynecol Obstet Invest 59:155-61. 2005..To compare the efficacy of misoprostol 50 mug vaginally and 50 mug sublingually for labor induction at term...
- A comparison of oral misoprostol tablets and vaginal prostaglandin E2 pessary in induction of labour at termAnjum Ara Hassan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Hamdard University Hospital, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 15:284-7. 2005..To compare the cost-effectiveness, mode of delivery, fetal and maternal outcome of oral Misoprostol and vaginal prostaglandin E2 pessary in induction of labour at term...
- Oral misoprostol vs. vaginal misoprostol for cervical ripening and labor inductionI Adam
New Halfa Teaching Hospital, Sudan
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 89:142-3. 2005
- Vaginal misoprostol in managing premature rupture of membranesI A A Ayad
Prince Rashid Ibn Al Hassan Hospital, Ramtha, Jordan
East Mediterr Health J 8:515-20. 2002..It is concluded that intravaginal misoprostol is safe and more effective than prostaglandin E2 for preinduction cervical ripening in premature rupture of membranes beyond 36 weeks gestation...
- Vaginal misoprostol for cervical ripening at term: comparison of outpatient vs. inpatient administrationDaniel W Chang
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, San Juan Regional Medical Center, Farmington, New Mexico 87401 5630, USA
J Reprod Med 50:735-9. 2005..To compare outpatient with inpatient misoprostol for preinduction cervical ripening at term...
- Pre-induction cervical ripening: transcervical foley catheter versus intravaginal misoprostolO A Adeniji
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University College Hospital, P M B 5116, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:134-9. 2005..The incidence of caesarean sections, other labour complications and the foetal outcome were similar with both methods...
- [Comparative study of the effect of intravaginal misoprostol at 50 and 100 micrograms in cervical ripening and labor induction]Eduardo Reyna-Villasmil
Servicio de Obstetricia y Ginecologia, Maternidad Dr Nerio Belloso, Hospital Central Dr Urquinaona, Maracaibo, Venezuela
Invest Clin 46:179-86. 2005..It can be concluded that 50 microg of misoprostol applied in the posterior vaginal fornix every 4 hours is an effective dosage for labor induction and has less adverse effects and complications than the 100 microg dose...
- Induction of labor in women with oligohydramniosPaolo Venturini
Dipartimento Materno Infantile, Modena, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 17:129-32. 2005..To prospectively evaluate the outcome of labor induction in women with oligohydramnios at term...
- Outcome in obstetric care related to oxytocin use. A population-based studyMaria E Oscarsson
Centre for Reproductive Epidemiology Tornblad s Institute, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:1094-8. 2006..The purpose of this study was to investigate the delivery outcome in relation to oxytocin use in labor...
- Complications of labor induction among multiparous women in a community-based hospital systemLeah Battista
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine, Orange, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:241.e1-7; discussion 322-3, e1-4. 2007..The purpose of this study was to examine complications of labor induction compared to spontaneous labor in multiparas...
- Controlled-release misoprostol vaginal insert in parous women for labor induction: a randomized controlled trialKarine Ewert
Controlled Therapeutics Scotland Ltd, East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Obstet Gynecol 108:1130-7. 2006..To assess the ability of a controlled-release misoprostol vaginal insert to induce labor using dose reservoirs of 25, 50, 100, and 200 microg...
- Efficacy and safety of six hourly vaginal misoprostol versus intracervical dinoprostone: a randomized controlled trialWalid Denguezli
University Hospital Fattouma Bourguiba, Unit of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 5000 Monastir, Tunisia
Arch Gynecol Obstet 276:119-24. 2007..To compare the efficacy and safety of intravaginal misoprostol versus dinoprostone cervical gel for cervical ripening and labour induction...
- Concurrent oxytocin with dinoprostone pessary versus dinoprostone pessary in labour induction of nulliparas with an unfavourable cervix: a randomised placebo-controlled trialP C Tan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
BJOG 114:824-32. 2007..To compare concurrent oxytocin with dinoprostone pessary versus dinoprostone pessary in labour induction for nulliparas with an unfavourable cervix...
- Transcervical Foley catheter with and without extraamniotic saline infusion for labor induction: a randomized controlled trialMonique G Lin
Center for Women s Reproductive Health, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35249 7333, USA
Obstet Gynecol 110:558-65. 2007..To compare the efficacy of transcervical Foley catheter alone (Foley) to transcervical Foley catheter with extraamniotic saline infusion for labor induction and cervical ripening in women with an unfavorable cervix...
- Ultrasonographic measurement of cervical length in predicting mode of delivery after oxytocin inductionAli Yanik
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecologym, Cumhuriyet University Faculty of Medicine, Sivas, Turkey
Adv Ther 24:748-56. 2007..Bishop score, although a subjective measure, must be considered an important component of preinduction evaluation...
- Intravaginal prostaglandin-E2 for cervical priming and induction of labourM I Al-Taani
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Prince Rashed Ben Al Hassan Hospital, Royal Medical Services, Irbid, Jordan
East Mediterr Health J 13:855-61. 2007..Intrapartum complications, caesarean section and perinatal deaths showed no statistically significant differences between the groups...
- Dinoprostone vaginal slow-release system (Propess) compared to expectant management in the active treatment of premature rupture of the membranes at term: impact on maternal and fetal outcomesCarlos Larrañaga-Azcárate
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Virgen del Camino Hospital, Pamplona, Spain
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:195-200. 2008....
- A prospective randomized trial of labor induction with vaginal controlled-release dinoprostone inserts with or without oxytocin and misoprostol+oxytocinH M Tanir
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perinatology Unit, Eskisehir Osmangazi University School of Medicine, Eskisehir, Turkey
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 35:65-8. 2008..This study was designed in an aim to compare the efficacies of three labor induction methods, dinoprostone (PGE2) vaginal insert with or without concomittant oxytocin and misoprostol (PGE1) combined with oxytocin infusion...
- Vaginal misoprostol administration for cervical ripening and labor inductionDeborah A Wing
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine, Irvine, California, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 49:627-41. 2006....
- A prospective randomized study comparing misoprostol and oxytocin for premature rupture of membranes at termSahin Zeteroglu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 19:283-7. 2006..The aim of this randomized trial was to compare the efficacy and safety of vaginal misoprostol and oxytocin for cervical ripening and labor induction in patients with premature rupture of membrane (PROM) at term...
- Effectiveness and safety of a new vaginal misoprostol product specifically labeled for cervical ripening and labor inductionJose Guilherme Cecatti
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medical Sciences FCM, University of Campinas, SP, Brazil
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:706-11. 2006....
- Safety and efficacy of misoprostol for induction of labour in a semi-urban hospital settingO M Loto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Federal Medical Centre, OWO, Ondo State, Nigeria
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:638-40. 2004..We conclude that misoprostol can be used safely for induction of labour in less endowed hospital settings such as in developing countries, using basic clinical tools for monitoring...
- Low dose intravaginal misoprostol versus intracervical baloon catheter for pre-induction cervical ripeningT O Tabowei
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Zonal General Hospital, Kwale, Delta State, Nigeria
East Afr Med J 80:91-4. 2003..The efficacy and safety of low dose misoprostol as a ripening agent compared to the widely used balloon catheter in developing countries is undetermined...
- Intravaginal misoprostol versus transcervical Foley catheter in pre-induction cervical ripeningA O Adeniji
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Clinical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 92:130-2. 2006
- Comparison of prostaglandin E2 tablets or Foley catheter for labour induction in grand multiparasM I Al-Taani
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen Alia Military Hospital, Royal Medical Services, Amman, Jordan
East Mediterr Health J 10:547-53. 2004..For grand multiparas, PGE2 vaginal tablets may be preferable for ripening the cervix as well as for labour induction...
- Abruptio placentae associated with misoprostol use in women with preeclampsiaM Todd Fontenot
Florida Perinatal Associates, Tampa, USA
J Reprod Med 50:653-8. 2005..To evaluate complications associated with cervical ripening with vaginal administration of misoprostol and dinoprostone vaginal inserts in women with preeclampsia. preeclampsia...
- Bishop score and the outcome of labor induction with misoprostolWitold Szczesny
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Sykehuset Innlandet Hospital Trust, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:579-82. 2006..The aim of the study was to retrospectively identify possible factors for predicting the outcome of induction with misoprostol...
- Pharmacokinetics of a controlled-release misoprostol vaginal insert at termWilliam F Rayburn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of New Mexico, School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM, USA
J Soc Gynecol Investig 13:112-7. 2006..The objective of this investigation was to report the pharmacokinetic properties of misoprostol administered intravaginally to women at term via a controlled-release hydrogel polymer insert...
- Is misoprostol safe for labor induction in twin gestations?Melissa C Bush
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center, Laguna Hills, CA, 92653, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 19:35-8. 2006..To compare the safety and efficacy of intravaginal misoprostol to oxytocin for the induction of labor in twin gestations...
- Uterine rupture in a patient with an unscarred uterus: a case studyMichael E Mazzone
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, USA
WMJ 105:64-6. 2006..Postpartum counseling regarding the risk of rerupture with subsequent pregnancies is an important piece of the management of these patients...
- Randomized trial of preinduction cervical ripening: misoprostol vs oxytocinLinda Fonseca
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:305.e1-5. 2008..The purpose of this study was to compare the vaginal delivery rate in women who undergo labor induction with preinduction misoprostol or oxytocin alone...
- Influence of misoprostol or prostaglandin E(2) for induction of labor on the incidence of pathological CTG tracing: a randomized trialAlexandre Megalo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lausanne University Hospital, Rue du Bugnon 30, 1010 Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 116:34-8. 2004..To compare the efficacy and safety of misoprostol (prostaglandin E(1) (PGE(1))) with dinoprostone (prostaglandin E(2) (PGE(2))) for third trimester cervical ripening and labor induction...
- Vaginal misoprostol for induction of labour: a more effective agent than prostaglandin F2 alpha gel and prostaglandin E2 pessaryF Majoko
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Zimbabwe, Harare
Cent Afr J Med 48:123-8. 2002..To compare labour outcome in women who had labour induced with PGF2 alpha gel, PGE2 vaginal pessary or misoprostol administered intravaginally or orally...
- Labor induction with vaginal misoprostol and extra-amniotic prostaglandin F2alpha gelF Majoko
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Zimbabwe Medical School, PO Box A178, Avondale, Harare, Zimbabwe
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 76:127-33. 2002..To compare the effectiveness of vaginally administered misoprostol with extra-amniotic prostaglandin F2alpha (PGF2alpha) gel for induction of labor...
- Induction of labour in nulliparous and multiparous women: a UK, multicentre, open-label study of intravaginal misoprostol in comparison with dinoprostoneA A Calder
Simpson Centre for Reproductive Health, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
BJOG 115:1279-88. 2008..To compare the efficacy and safety of a 25-microgram vaginal tablet of misoprostol (APL202) with dinoprostone (3-mg vaginal tablet) in cervical ripening and labour induction...
- Sequential use of Prepidil and extra-amniotic saline infusion for the induction of labor in nulliparous women with very low Bishop scoresM F Chammas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
J Matern Fetal Med 10:193-6. 2001....
- [Cytotec: an effective drug for the induction of labor]N Milchev
Akush Ginekol (Sofiia) 42:9-11. 2003..Our purpose was to compare the safety and efficacy of intravaginal Cytotec versus Oxytocin for induction of labor...
- Labour induction at term--a randomised trial comparing Foley catheter plus titrated oral misoprostol solution, titrated oral misoprostol solution alone, and dinoprostoneBaron B Matonhodze
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Coronation Hospital, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
S Afr Med J 93:375-9. 2003..To compare three methods of labour induction...
- Preinduction cervical ripening techniques comparedM Greybush
Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lehigh Valley Hospital, 17th and Chew Streets, P.O. Box 7017, Allentown, PA 18105-7017, USA
J Reprod Med 46:11-7. 2001..There appears to be no benefit to adding intracervical or intravaginal PGE2 gel to the intracervical Foley balloon. The misoprostol and catheter ripening techniques have similar safety and efficacy...
- A comparison of oral and vaginal misoprostol for induction of labour at term: a randomised trialJ S Kwon
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen's University, Kingston General Hospital, Ontario, Canada
BJOG 108:23-6. 2001..Vaginal misoprostol may be associated with higher rates of caesarean section than oral misoprostol...
- Oral misoprostol or vaginal dinoprostone for labor induction: a randomized controlled trialPatrick Dällenbach
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:162-7. 2003..The objective of the study was to compare the effectiveness, safety, and side effects of low-dose oral misoprostol with vaginal dinoprostone for cervical ripening and labor induction...
- Labor induction post-term with 25 micrograms vs. 50 micrograms of intravaginal misoprostolM M Meydanli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Turgut Ozal Medical Centre, School of Medicine, Inonu University, Malatya, Turkey
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 81:249-55. 2003..To compare the effectiveness of 25 microg vs. 50 microg of intravaginal misoprostol for cervical ripening and labor induction beyond 41 weeks' gestation...
- Cervical ripening and induction of labor with misoprostol, dinoprostone gel, and a Foley catheter: a randomized trial of 3 techniquesP Scott Barrilleaux
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:1124-9. 2002..The purpose of this study was to compare the efficacy of 3 different techniques of cervical ripening and induction...
- Comparative efficacy and cost of the prostaglandin analogs dinoprostone and misoprostol as labor preinduction agentsPatrick S Ramsey
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35249, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:560-5. 2003....
- [Current practice and results of labor induction]Roland Csorba
Debreceni Egyetem, Orvos és Egézségtudományi Centrum, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, Szülészeti és Nőgyógyászati Klinika
Orv Hetil 144:1977-80. 2003..Success rate of vaginal delivery depends on maternal, fetal condition and cervical status...
- Is high-dose misoprostol able to lower the incidence of cesarean section? A randomized controlled trialS de la Torre
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque 87131, USA
J Matern Fetal Med 10:85-90. 2001..To determine whether high-dose (100 microg) misoprostol was able to increase the rate of successful labor induction and lower the incidence of Cesarean section without adverse fetal effects...
- Preinduction cervical ripening. A randomized trial of intravaginal misoprostol alone vs. a combination of transcervical Foley balloon and intravaginal misoprostolO A Rust
Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, Pennsylvania 18105-1556, USA
J Reprod Med 46:899-904. 2001..Mechanical and pharmacologic cervical ripening agents appear to act independently rather than synergistically...
- Preinduction cervical ripening: basis and methods of current practiceWilliam F Rayburn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of New Mexico, 2211 Lomas Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5286, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 57:683-92. 2002..Careful consideration about the need for labor induction is recommended until prospective clinical trials can better validate marginal reasons for cervical ripening...
- Role of GRK6-Mediated Oxytocin Receptor Desensitization in LaborChad A Grotegut; Fiscal Year: 2013..The role of GRK6 in spontaneous and oxytocin-induced labor will be tested using live pregnant mice lacking GRK6 who have an ambulatory pressure device implanted into the ..
- Toll-like receptor signaling in the pathogenesis and prevention of prematurityEmmet Hirsch; Fiscal Year: 2012..first (Specific Aim #1) characterizing the roles of the MyD88-dependent and -independent pathways in pathogen-induced labor using peptidoglycan (a TLR-2 ligand derived from Gram positive bacterial cell walls) and group B beta-..
- From understanding to reducing health disparities: a model-based evaluationTITUS JOHANNES GALAMA; Fiscal Year: 2013..job-related health stress with the richest panel data available to date;3) evaluate the contribution of health-induced labor-force withdrawal to health disparities;and 4) assess the effects of institutions and public policies on ..
- NITRIC OXIDE AND CERVICAL RIPENINGJames Schreiber; Fiscal Year: 1999..We will initially examine the influence of nitric oxide on cervical collagenase activity during normal and induced labor in wildtype and iNOS-deficient mice...
- The Molecular Pathogenesis of Health Disparities in Inf*Emmet Hirsch; Fiscal Year: 2005..result of this analysis will be a "short list" of candidate genes with potentially critical roles in infection-induced labor. In the second phase of the project, we analyze human tissues (myometrium, placenta, chorion, amnion, decidua, ..
- ARACHIDONIC ACID METABOLISM AND OVINE PARTURITIONMurray Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 1990..Thus, cell to cell and "whole animal" effects will be studied. It is our belief that the findings of the studies proposed will provide exciting insights into the mechanisms not only of parturition, but also of fetal development...
- Improving Safety and Quality with Integrated TechnologyJeanne Marie Guise; Fiscal Year: 2006..The findings, though applied specifically for OB, can be applied to many areas of medicine and surgery. The findings will provide inpatient and outpatient HIT stakeholders needed information to make important decisions. ..
- The Epidemiology of Fecal Incontinence after ChildbirthJeanne Marie Guise; Fiscal Year: 2004..These data will provide a better understanding of the extent of the problem and will provide data essential for future trials of prevention and treatment of fecal incontinence. ..
- Evaluating the Clinical Impact of Simulation & Team Training on OB SafetyJeanne Marie Guise; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our current work evaluates performance in the simulated environment; this proposal focuses on the translation of simulation and team training to the clinical environment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHLORHEXIDINE IRRIGATION TO PREVENT INFECTIONDwight Rouse; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) Collaborative Genetics Association StudyDaniel A Geller; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these analyses will guide future molecular strategies to identify genes involved in the pathogenesis of OCD. The clinical and genotype data from the sample will be publicly available for OCD genetics research. ..
- Risk factors for medically indicated preterm birth in a Latin American populationCLAUDIO GERARDO SOSA; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term goal of this research program is to develop intervention strategies that are based on the risk factors identified in the proposed study resulting in decreased morbidity and mortality. ..
- Prospective Investigation for Pulmonary Embolism Dx IIIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- JUVENILE ONSET OCD AS A MEANINGFUL DEVELOPMENT SUBTYPEDaniel Geller; Fiscal Year: 2003..The clinical, scientific, and public health relevance of confirming or refuting these hypotheses is discussed. ..
- Epidemiologic Study of Placental AbruptionCande Ananth; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will also add substantial new evidence for associations of several genetic thrombophilias and abruption risk. ..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX-IIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) The team of investigators is strong, and has collaborated previously in successful research in PE. ..
- Angiotensin (1-7) in Normal and Preeclamptic PregnancyDavid Merrill; Fiscal Year: 2004..In summary, the ultimate goal of this study is to understand the contribution of both vasodilator and vasoconstrictor components of the RAAS to blood pressure regulation in normal and preeclampsia pregnancy. ..
- MIDCAREER AWARD IN PATIENT ORIENTED OBSTETRIC RESEARCHDwight Rouse; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, the effectiveness of an intervention (how it would perform under conditions of actual clinical practice) is an attribute that, in many situations, is as important as its efficacy (how it performs under ideal conditions). ..
- Tobacco Industry Tactics Aimed at Native AmericansLaura Beebe; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of this research will assist tribal, community and state agencies in their efforts to develop culturally appropriate counter-marketing strategies and tobacco abuse prevention and control interventions. ..