Summary: PROCEDURES that use NEUROENDOSCOPES for disease diagnosis and treatment. Neuroendoscopy, generally an integration of the neuroendoscope with a computer-assisted NEURONAVIGATION system, provides guidance in NEUROSURGICAL PROCEDURES.
Publications196 found, 100 shown here
- Endoscopic opening of the foramen of magendie using transaqueductal navigation for membrane obstruction of the fourth ventricle outlets. Technical notePierluigi Longatti
Neurosurgical Unit, Treviso Hospital, Padova University, Treviso, Italy
J Neurosurg 105:924-7. 2006..In these cases, endoscopic opening of the foramen of Magendie by transaqueductal navigation of the fourth ventricle is a suitable and feasible therapeutic option...
- Neuroendoscopic aspiration of hematocephalus totalis: technical notePierluigi Longatti
Department of Neuroscience, Treviso Hospital, Treviso, Italy
Neurosurgery 57:E409; discussion E409. 2005..The amount of intraventricular blood is a strong prognostic predictor, and its fast removal is a priority. Neuroendoscopy may offer some advantages over more traditional surgical approaches...
- Endoscopic stent placement for treatment of secondary bilateral occlusion of the Monro foramina following endoscopic third ventriculostomy in a patient with aqueductal stenosis. Case reportHiroshi Mori
Department of Neurosurgery, Tsubame Rosai Hospital, Japan
J Neurosurg 107:416-20. 2007..The authors note that fiberscopes are in general more maneuverable than rigid endoscopes and conclude that they are particularly useful for the treatment of this type of hydrocephalus...
- Ventricular anatomy of hydrocephalus associated with myeloschisis and endoscopic third ventriculostomyHiroshi Mori
Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Jikei University Women s and Children s Medical Center, 3 25 8 Nishi shinbashi, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 8461, Japan
Childs Nerv Syst 24:717-22. 2008..To characterize the anatomical features of the ventricular regions in patients with myeloschisis and related to successful performance of endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV)...
- Endocrine evaluation after endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV) in childrenM J Fritsch
Department of Neurosurgery, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Schittenhelmstr 10, 24105, Kiel, Germany
Childs Nerv Syst 23:627-31. 2007..This structure is part of the hypothalamic-pituitary neuronal network of cerebral endocrine regulation. There are no systematic data available about the endocrine status after ETV in children...
- Long-term complications and definition of failure of neuroendoscopic proceduresTjemme Beems
Department of Neurosurgery, University Medical Centre, St Radboud, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Childs Nerv Syst 20:868-77. 2004..Less attention is paid to the effects of the endoscopic procedures in the longer term. Looking at longer terms emphasises the need for a better definition of failure...
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy: an outcome analysis of primary cases and procedures performed after ventriculoperitoneal shunt malfunctionDonncha F O'Brien
Department of Neurosurgery, Royal Liverpool Children s Hospital NHS Trust, Liverpool, United Kingdom
J Neurosurg 103:393-400. 2005..The authors analyzed the role of endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV) as a primary treatment for hydrocephalus and also as an alternative to shunt revision for malfunctioning and infected ventriculoperitoneal (VP) shunts...
- Electromagnetic-guided neuroendoscopy in the pediatric populationMeharpal Sangra
Department of Neurosurgery, Royal Liverpool Children s Hospital National Health Service Trust, Liverpool, United Kingdom
J Neurosurg Pediatr 3:325-30. 2009Image-guided neuroendoscopy is being increasingly used in an attempt to reduce the morbidity associated with surgery and to make navigation easier...
- A review of neuroendoscopy and potential applications in veterinary medicineMichael Higginbotham
Central Texas Veterinary Neurology, Round Rock, TX, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 47:73-82. 2011..Several reasons for neuroendoscopy's limited use include inadequate endoscope technology, high skill level required, the advent of the surgical ..
- Pinless frameless electromagnetic image-guided neuroendoscopy in childrenJason L McMillen
Royal Children s Hospital, Mater Misericordiae Children s Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Childs Nerv Syst 26:871-8. 2010Frameless imaged-guided neuronavigation is a useful adjunct to neuroendoscopy in paediatric patients, especially those with abnormal or complex ventricular or cyst anatomy...
- Neuroendoscopic surgery for intracerebral haemorrhage--comparison with traditional therapiesT Nakano
Department of Neurosurgery, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Zaifucho 5, Hirosaki 036 8562, Japan
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 46:278-83. 2003..g., thalamic haemorrhage, 3) Intraventricular haematoma, 4) High-risk patients who cannot tolerate general anaesthesia...
- Ultrasonic aspiration in neuroendoscopy: first results with a new toolJoachim Oertel
Department of Neurosurgery, Hannover Nordstadt Hospital, Germany
J Neurosurg 109:908-11. 2008..The use of this technique could expand the indications for endoscopic approaches to include intraventricular lesions and in minimally invasive transsphenoidal endonasal approaches...
- First experiences with a 2.0-microm near infrared laser system for neuroendoscopyH C Ludwig
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical School and University Hospital, Georg August University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Neurosurg Rev 30:195-201; discussion 201. 2007Nd:YAG, argon and diode lasers have been used in neurosurgical procedures including neuroendoscopy. However, many neurosurgeons are reluctant to use these lasers because of their inappropriate wavelength and uncontrollable tissue ..
- Nationwide investigation of the current status of therapeutic neuroendoscopy for ventricular and paraventricular tumors in JapanNakamasa Hayashi
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Toyama, Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
J Neurosurg 115:1147-57. 2011..The authors report their investigation on the current status of neuroendoscopic biopsy for ventricular and paraventricular tumors as well as treatment for associated hydrocephalus in Japan...
- Emerging technology in intracranial neuroendoscopy: application of the NICO MyriadBrian J Dlouhy
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Neurosurg Focus 30:E6. 2011Improvement in fiber optics and imaging paved the way for tremendous advancements in neuroendoscopy. These advancements have led to increasingly widespread use of the endoscope in neurosurgical procedures, which in turn incited a ..
- Optical coherence tomography for experimental neuroendoscopyH J Böhringer
Department of Neurosurgery, Georg August University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 49:269-75. 2006..This technology may provide an extra margin of safety by providing cross-sectional images of tissue barriers within optically opaque conditions...
- Endoscopic transtentorial ventriculocystostomy and cystoventriculoperitoneal shunt in a neonate with Dandy-Walker malformation and associated aqueductal obstructionMartin R Weinzierl
Department of Neurosurgery, RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Pediatr Neurosurg 41:272-7. 2005..The high rate of complications of combined shunting stimulated the authors to search for an alternative surgical solution...
- The use of a head-mounted display for visualization in neuroendoscopyE J van Lindert
Neurosurgical Department, University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Comput Aided Surg 9:251-6. 2004..To evaluate the clinical use of a head-mounted display (HMD) for visualization in all neuroendoscopic procedures...
- Neuroendoscopic management of intraventricular hemorrhageP L Longatti
Neurosurgery Unit, Department of Neuroscience, Treviso Hospital, Treviso, Italy
Stroke 35:e35-8. 2004..We reviewed our 7-year experience in neuroendoscopic management of severe intraventricular hemorrhage (IVH) to evaluate its safety, efficiency, and efficacy...
- Application of neuroendoscopy in the treatment of intraventricular hemorrhageZaiqiang Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, PR China
Cerebrovasc Dis 24:91-6. 2007..The objective of this article is to compare different surgical procedures in order to evaluate a method of minimally invasive treatment for intraventricular hemorrhage...
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy in the treatment of hydrocephalus in pediatric patientsC Di Rocco
Pediatric Neurosurgical Unit, Catholic University Medical School, Rome, Italy
Adv Tech Stand Neurosurg 31:119-219. 2006..Finally a review of transient and permanent surgical complications is performed looking at their occurrence in different hydrocephalus etiologies...
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy for patients with hydrocephalus and fourth ventricular cysticercosis: a review of five casesT G Psarros
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas Southwestern School of Medicine, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 8855, USA
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 47:346-9. 2004..They were all successfully managed with ETV, and no patient has required subsequent surgery during a mean follow-up period of 21 months (range 12-36 months)...
- Neuronavigation-guided endoscopic surgery for pineal tumors with hydrocephalusI Y Kim
Brain Tumor Clinic and Gamma Knife Center, Department of Neurosurgery, Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital, 160 Ilsimri, Hwason eup, Hwasun Gun, Chonnam 519 809, Korea
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 47:365-8. 2004..The optimal preoperative planning and the intraoperative guidance by neuronavigation are thought to be able to give more chances to minimize the brain injury related to movements or deviation of endoscopic device...
- Third ventriculostomy in communicating hydrocephalus in adult patients -- the role of lumbar and cranial cerebrospinal fluid outflow measurementC Trantakis
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 47:140-4. 2004..To evaluate the value of CSF outflow resistance testing as a criterion for endscopic treatment in case of communicating hydrocephalus...
- Bruns syndrome caused by intraventricular neurocysticercosis treated using flexible endoscopyJaime Torres-Corzo
Clinic of Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Foundation for Nervous Diseases Study and Treatment, University of San Luis Potosi Medical School, Potosi, Mexico
J Neurosurg 104:746-8. 2006..Sometimes the increasing intracranial pressure due to obstruction of the cerebral aqueduct (ball-valve mechanism) is intermittent, producing relapsing/remitting symptoms; this life-threatening phenomenon is called "Bruns syndrome."..
- A simplified endoscopic third ventriculostomy under local anesthesiaP L Longatti
Department of Neurosurgery, Regional Hospital, Treviso, Italy
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 47:90-2. 2004....
- Influence of neuroendoscopic third ventriculostomy on the size of ventricles in chronic hydrocephalusEmilia Nowosławska
Department of Neurosurgery, Research Institute, Polish Mothers Memorial Hospital, Lodz, Poland
J Child Neurol 19:579-87. 2004....
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy for obstructive hydrocephalusDieter Hellwig
Department of Neurosurgery, Philipps University Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35033, Marburg, Germany
Neurosurg Rev 28:1-34; discussion 35-8. 2005The indications for neuroendoscopy are not only constantly increasing, but even the currently accepted indications are constantly being adjusted and tailored...
- Intracranial pressure patterns after endoscopic third ventriculostomy. Preliminary experienceA Rapanà
Department of Neurological Sciences, Neurosurgical Division, AORN San Sebastiano Caserta, Caserta, Italy
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 146:1309-15; discussion 1315. 2004..In previously unpublished data the authors observed the existence of different ICP patterns following ETV. This finding prompted the authors to search for a relationship among ICP patterns, stoma functioning and prediction of success...
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomyAzadeh Farin
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Southern California USC, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Clin Neurosci 13:763-70. 2006..Additional recent data suggest the favorability of third ventriculostomy over shunt implantation in additional patient cohorts. Operative technique is discussed...
- Outcome of endoscopic third ventriculostomy. Results from an unselected series with noncommunicating hydrocephalusD Santamarta
Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Virgen de la Vega, Spain
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 147:377-82; discussion 382. 2005....
- Intracranial pressure monitoring and lumbar puncture after endoscopic third ventriculostomy in childrenGiuseppe Cinalli
Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Santobono Children s Hospital, Naples, Italy
Neurosurgery 58:126-36; discussion 126-36. 2006..The aim of this study is to analyze changes in intracranial pressure (ICP) after endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV) performed in children affected by noncommunicating hydrocephalus...
- Neuroendoscopic management of hydrocephalus secondary to midline and pineal lesionsS Cipri
Operative Unit of Neurosurgery, Bianchi Melacrino Morelli Hospitals, Reggio Calabria, Italy
J Neurosurg Sci 49:97-106. 2005..Based on results of the recent literature, neuroendoscopic management of obstructive hydrocephalus, secondary to tumors of the pineal gland, has gained a preeminent role respect to shunting procedures...
- The International Infant Hydrocephalus Study: concept and rationalS Sgouros
Birmingham Children s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Childs Nerv Syst 22:338-45. 2006During the recent meetings of the International Study Group on Neuroendoscopy and the International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery, the consensus view emerged that there is a need to assess the value and efficacy of neuroendoscopic ..
- Endoscopic cyst fenestration in the treatment of multiloculated hydrocephalus in childrenNasser M F El-Ghandour
Department of Neurosurgery, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
J Neurosurg Pediatr 1:217-22. 2008..Definitive treatment is surgical, yet the approach remains controversial. The author has therefore reviewed his results with endoscopic cyst fenestration (ECF) in the management of this disease...
- The role of neuroendoscopy in the management of solid or solid-cystic intra- and periventricular tumoursWuttipong Tirakotai
Department of Neurosurgery, Philipps University, Baldingerstrasse, 35033, Marburg, Germany
Childs Nerv Syst 23:653-8. 2007..Analysis of the postoperative histopathology and complication of neuroendoscopic interventions was also performed...
- Laser-assisted endoscopic third ventriculostomy: long-term results in a series of 202 patientsJanneke Van Beijnum
Department of Neurosurgery, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neurosurgery 62:437-43; discussion 443-4. 2008....
- Complications of endoscopic third ventriculostomyYusuf Ersahin
Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Childs Nerv Syst 24:943-8. 2008..Although endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV) is considered as the first choice in the management of noncommunicating hydrocephalus, it is not without risk or complication...
- [Intratumoral hemorrhage in choriocarcinoma during neuroendoscopic third ventriculostomy: case report]Takahiro Murata
Department of Neurosurgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, Matsumoto, Nagano 390 8621, Japan
No Shinkei Geka 34:305-10. 2006..We might infer from this case that the intratumoral hemorrhage was induced by the intracranial pressure change during neuroendoscopic surgery. Perioperative management is very important for avoiding fetal intratumoral hemorrhage...
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy in post-tubercular meningitic hydrocephalusA A Figaji
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 49:60-1. 2006
- Neuroendoscopic foraminal plasty of foramen of MonroShizuo Oi
Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery, The Jikei University Hospital, Women s and Children s Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
Childs Nerv Syst 24:933-42. 2008....
- Late closure of the stoma by spreading of a periaqueductal glioma: an unusual failure of endoscopic third ventriculostomy. Case reportLuca Massimi
Pediatric Neurosurgery Unit, Catholic University Medical School, Rome, Italy
J Neurosurg 104:197-201. 2006..The authors suggest tumor extension along the diencephalic neural pathways as the possible cause of ETV failure in this patient...
- Transcavum interforniceal endoscopic surgery of the third ventricleMark M Souweidane
Department of Neurological Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Neurosurg Pediatr 2:231-6. 2008..Given the common occurrence of cavum septum pellucidum (CSP) and cavum vergae (CV), the endoscopic surgeon should be familiar with that particular anatomy especially as it pertains to surgery within the third ventricle...
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy in the treatment of shunt-related over-drainage: Preliminary experience with a new approach how to render ventricles navigableJürgen M Boschert
Department of Neurosurgery, Mannheim University Hospital, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, D 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 108:143-9. 2006..Endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV) is increasingly used for the treatment of shunt-related complications in hydrocephalic patients, particularly if the etiology of the underlying hydrocephalus is of obstructive nature...
- Delayed endoscopic intraventricular hemorrhage (IVH) removal and endoscopic third ventriculostomy may not prevent consecutive communicating hydrocephalus if IVH removal was insufficientT Nishikawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Saiseikai Izuo Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 50:209-11. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate whether delayed endoscopic treatment of intraventricular hemorrhage (IVH) can prevent consecutive communicating hydrocephalus...
- Robot-assisted navigated endoscopic ventriculostomy: implementation of a new technology and first clinical resultsM Zimmermann
Department of Neurosurgery, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 146:697-704. 2004..Therefore, the development of robotic systems to assist surgeons in performing complex neurosurgical procedures is a growing field of interest...
- Combined endoscopically guided third ventriculostomy with prepontine cistern placement of the ventricular catheter in a ventriculo-peritoneal shunt: technical noteH Stan
Neurosurgical Department, Emergency Clinical County Hospital, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iuliu Hatieganu, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 50:247-50. 2007..The authors present here details of the technique and short-term results...
- Treatment options for Dandy-Walker malformationAaron Mohanty
Department of Neurosurgery, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore, India
J Neurosurg 105:348-56. 2006..The aim of this study was to assess the efficacy of various treatment options available for children with Dandy-Walker malformation (DWM) and to evaluate the role of endoscopic procedures in the treatment of this disorder...
- Endoscopic third ventriculocisternostomy for brainstem tumorsPaul Klimo
Department of Neurosurgery, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Neurosurg 105:271-4. 2006..The authors retrospectively reviewed the charts of all patients harboring brainstem tumors treated at their institution, excluding those with tectal gliomas, who underwent an endoscopic third ventriculocisternostomy...
- Death in consequence of late failure of endoscopic third ventriculostomyRadim Lipina
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Ostrava, 17 listopadu 1790, Ostrava Poruba 708 52, Czech Republic
Childs Nerv Syst 23:815-9. 2007..Death in consequence of late ETV failure is a very rare complication, so far having been mentioned in literature in 13 patients only...
- Endoscopic observation of pathophysiology of ventricular diverticulumSatoru Osuka
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Childs Nerv Syst 23:897-900. 2007..We diagnosed this cystic lesion as a unique subtype of advanced VD mimicking spontaneous ventriculostomy. Endoscopic observation of the cyst was very useful for accurate diagnosis and safe treatment...
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy in the management of Chiari I malformation and syringomyelia associated with hydrocephalusAaron Mohanty
Departments of Neurosurgery and Neuroimaging and Interventional Neuroradiology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences NIMHANS, Bangalore, India
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 108:87-92. 2005..Chiari malformation with syringomyelia is conventionally managed with foramen magnum decompression and duroplasty. In presence of hydrocephalus, a ventriculoperitoneal shunt insertion has been the initial preferred mode of treatment...
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy in children younger than 2 years of ageJörg Baldauf
Department of Neurosurgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Sauerbruchstrasse, 17475, Greifswald, Germany
Childs Nerv Syst 23:623-6. 2007..Endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV) for the treatment of hydrocephalus of different etiologies is still controversial in children younger than 2 years of age. The success rate of ETV in this group of patients is analyzed in this study...
- Complications following endoscopic intracranial procedures in childrenGiuseppe Cinalli
Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Santobono Children s Hospital, Naples, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 23:633-44. 2007..Nevertheless, severe, sometimes life-threatening, complications may occur during neuroendoscopic surgery, and the incidence and age specificity of complications in children have been underdescribed so far...
- Lumbar elastance and resistance to CSF outflow correlated to patency of the cranial subarachnoid space and clinical outcome of endoscopic third ventriculostomy in obstructive hydrocephalusR Bech-Azeddine
University Clinic of Neurosurgery, The Neuroscience Center, Rigshospitalet, Glostrup, Denmark
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 50:189-94. 2007....
- Factors affecting the outcome of neuroendoscopy in patients with tuberculous meningitis hydrocephalus: a preliminary studyDeepak Kumar Jha
Department of Neurosurgery, St Stephens Hospital, Tishazari, Delhi 110054, India
Surg Neurol 68:35-41; discussion 41-2. 2007..In recent years, ETV has been found to be effective in patients with TBMH; however, its precise selection criteria are yet to be established. We carried out this study to identify the factors affecting the outcome of ETV in TBMH...
- Endoscope-assisted placement of a multiperforated shunt catheter into the fourth ventricle via a frontal transventricular approachKristen Upchurch
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, UCLA Medical Center and David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 7039, USA
Neurosurg Focus 22:E8. 2007..The authors report on their experience with the treatment of symptomatic adult patients by endoscope-assisted placement of a fourth ventricle shunt catheter via a frontal transventricular approach...
- [Endoscopic third ventriculostomy in treatment of obstructive hydrocephalus]Xu Yi Zong
Department of Neurosurgery, Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100050, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 86:2905-7. 2006..To explore the effects, influencing factors, and complications of endoscopic third ventriculostomy for obstructive hydrocephalus...
- The role of Ommaya reservoir and endoscopic third ventriculostomy in the management of post-hemorrhagic hydrocephalus of prematurityPaola Peretta
Pediatric Neurosurgery, Regina Margherita Children s Hospital, Piazza Polonia 94, Turin, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 23:765-71. 2007....
- Rational management of transient obstructive hydrocephalus secondary to a cerebellar infarctR Ramos-Zuniga
Departamento de Neurosciences, CUCS, Universidad de Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 49:302-4. 2006..A series of cases is presented and a proposal is made for adding endoscopic third ventriculostomy to the available treatment armamentarium...
- Chronic subdural collection after endoscopic third ventriculostomyE Sgaramella
Department of Neurosurgery, Sassari University School of Medicine, Sassari, Italy
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 146:529-30. 2004..This complication could be the starting point of the subdural collection. We review the literature and discuss the causes that may lead to CSDH after ETV procedure...
- Blood biochemistry following endoscopic third ventriculostomyA A El-Dawlatly
College of Medicine, Anesthesia Department, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 47:47-8. 2004..However, due to small sample size (20 patients), the authors could not confirm their hypothesis (8). Therefore, we have conducted the present study in order to investigate postoperative blood chemistry following ETV...
- Results of endoscopic third ventriculostomyMark R Iantosca
Connecticut Children s Medical Center, 100 Retreat Avenue, Suite 705, Hartford, CT 06106 2565, USA
Neurosurg Clin N Am 15:67-75. 2004..The challenge for neuro-surgeons will be to define the operative indications and outcomes, while refining techniques for safely performing these useful procedures...
- Techniques of endoscopic third ventriculostomyDouglas Brockmeyer
Primary Children s Medical Center, 100 North Medical Drive, Suite 2400, Salt Lake City, UT 84113 1100, USA
Neurosurg Clin N Am 15:51-9. 2004..The goal of this article is to discuss these issues in detail and to point out the relevant risks and known complications associated with them...
- Neuroendoscopic stent procedure in obstructive hydrocephalus due to both foramina of monro occluding craniopharyngioma: technical noteWuttipong Tirakotai
Department of Neurosurgery, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Surg Neurol 61:293-6; discussion 296. 2004..Not only tumor biopsy or tumor resection but also restoration of an obstructed cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) pathway can be performed using the same approach...
- Overdrainage after endoscopic third ventriculostomy: an unusual case of chronic subdural hematoma--case report and review of the literatureE Sgaramella
Department of Neurosurgery, Sassari University School of Medicine, Viale Dante 1b, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 46:354-6. 2003..This situation could be the starting point of the subdural collection. We review the literature and discuss the causes that may lead to CSDH after ETV procedure...
- Outcomes in patients undergoing single-trajectory endoscopic third ventriculostomy and endoscopic biopsy for midline tumors presenting with obstructive hydrocephalusDonncha F O'Brien
Department of Neurosurgery and Oncology, Royal Liverpool Children s Hospital NHS Trust, Liverpool, United Kingdom
J Neurosurg 105:219-26. 2006..In addition, the study examined the role and value of endoscopic tumor biopsy (ETB) in the management of such cases. All surgical procedures were performed through a single-trajectory approach...
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy for occlusive hydrocephalus caused by cerebellar infarctionJörg Baldauf
Department of Neurosurgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Neurosurgery 59:539-44; discussion 539-44. 2006..To our knowledge, this is the first report regarding using endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV) in patients with an occlusive hydrocephalus caused by cerebellar ischemic stroke. We report our experience of 10 reviewed cases...
- Description of endoscopic ventricular anatomy in myelomeningoceleA Pavez
Servicio de Neurocirugia del Hospital Van Buren Hospital, Universidad de Valparaiso, Valparaiso, Chile
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 49:161-7. 2006....
- Audits can improve neurosurgical practice--illustrated by endoscopic third ventriculostomyTorstein R Meling
Department of Neurosurgery, The National Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Pediatr Neurosurg 43:482-7. 2007..A single-center, retrospective study was performed to evaluate the effect of audit on the patient selection for endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV)...
- Laser-assisted neuroendoscopy using a neodymium-yttrium aluminum garnet or diode contact laser with pretreated fiber tipsW P Vandertop
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Neurosurg 88:82-92. 1998Although lasers have proved to be valuable in neuroendoscopy, surgeons are still not comfortable using high-energy laser endoscopic probes in proximity to vital structures such as the basilar artery in third ventriculostomy...
- Bradycardia in neurosurgeryAmit Agrawal
Department of Surgery, Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Sawangi Meghe, Wardha, India
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 110:321-7. 2008..or compressing the brain parenchyma (subdural haematoma, tumours, hydrocephalus), neurosurgical procedures (neuroendoscopy, placement of extradural drains), epileptic and non-epileptic seizures, trigemino-cardiac reflex, cerebellar ..
- Frameless neuronavigation in intracranial endoscopic neurosurgeryH W Schroeder
Department of Neurosurgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
J Neurosurg 94:72-9. 2001..However, clear indications for the application of neuronavigation in neuroendoscopy have not yet been defined...
- Endoneurosonography: technique and equipment, anatomy and imaging, and clinical applicationKlaus D M Resch
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Neurosurgery 61:146-59; discussion 159-60. 2007..The application and indication are discussed in the first clinical series of 75 patients...
- Virtual simulation of neuroendoscopic procedures: early clinical experience with ventricular lesionsA Bussarsky
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Alexandrovska, Medical University, Sofia, Bulgaria
Zentralbl Neurochir 67:129-36. 2006Virtual endoscopy (VE) is a new and promising imaging technology. Applied to neuroendoscopy it allows preoperative simulation of a procedure and evaluation of the individual intraventricular anatomy in selected cases...
- Arachnoid cysts: case series and review of the literatureGustavo Pradilla
Department of Neurosurgery, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Neurosurg Focus 22:E7. 2007..Significant advances have also been made in the surgical management of these lesions. The authors report on a case series that illustrates the diverse forms of presentation and the treatment modalities commonly used for arachnoid cysts...
- Traumatic subependymal hematoma during endoscopic third ventriculostomy in a patient with a third ventricle tumor: case reportC Schonauer
Department of Neurosurgery, Second University of Naples, Italy
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 43:135-7. 2000..However, hemorrhage in the course of neuroendoscopy is still a problem difficult to manage...
- Endoscopic management of arachnoid cysts: an advancing techniqueKonstantina Karabatsou
Department of Neurosurgery, Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Liverpool, United Kingdom
J Neurosurg 106:455-62. 2007b>Neuroendoscopy is increasingly used in neurosurgery...
- Neuronavigational neuroendoscopic surgery. Frameless free-hand maneuvering of a handy rigid-rod neuroendoscope on visualized three-dimensional computerized image guidance: trajectory to the prepontine cistern in cadaver studyYuichiro Nonaka
Department of Neurosurgery, International Neuroscience Institute, INI, Hannover, Germany
Childs Nerv Syst 22:18-27. 2006Considering the separate benefits of neuronavigation and neuroendoscopy, neuroendoscopic surgery with the aid of neuronavigation systems will play an increasingly important role in the future...
- Neuroendoscopy based on computer assisted adjustment of the endoscope holder in the laboratoryJ Burtscher
University Hospital Innsbruck, Department of Neurosurgery, Innsbruck, Austria
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 46:208-14. 2003We present our initial clinical experience with a novel technique of frameless stereotactic neuroendoscopy using a neuronavigation system, a specially designed aiming device (endoscope holder/targeting device) combined with a vacuum-..
- The combined use of image-guided frameless stereotaxy and neuroendoscopy for the surgical management of occlusive hydrocephalus and intracranial cystsV Rohde
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Technology RWTH Aachen, Germany
Br J Neurosurg 12:531-8. 1998..initial experiences with the combined use of an infrared-based frameless stereotactic navigation device and neuroendoscopy. Ten hydrocephalic patients underwent endoscopic third ventriculostomy and two patients with intracranial ..
- Current state and future development of intracranial neuroendoscopic surgeryGiuseppe Cinalli
Santobono Children s Hospital, Via Gennaro Serra n 75, 80132 Naples, Italy
Expert Rev Med Devices 2:351-73. 2005Since the introduction of the modern, smaller endoscopes in the 1960s, neuroendoscopy has become an expanding field of neurosurgery...
- Endoscopic biopsy of foramen of Monro and third ventricle lesions guided by frameless neuronavigation: usefulness and limitationsRicardo Prat
Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital La Fe Avda, Campanar 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 111:579-82. 2009..To describe our institution experience regarding the usefulness and limitations of frameless neuronavigation in the endoscopic biopsy of foramen of Monro and third ventricle lesions...
- Novel application of computer-assisted cisternal endoscopy for the biopsy of pineal region tumors: cadaveric studyA S Youssef
Department of Neurosurgery, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, USA
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 149:399-406. 2007....
- Cranial neuronavigation--a step forward or a step aside in modern neurosurgeryYavor P Enchev
Clinic of Neurosurgery, St I Rilsky University Hospital, Medical University, Sofia, Bulgaria
Folia Med (Plovdiv) 50:5-10. 2008..We studied the neuronavigation assisted interventions in tumor surgery, skull-base surgery, biopsies, neuroendoscopy, functional neurosurgery, vascular neurosurgery and surgical procedures in the proximity of functionally ..
- Neuroendoscopically assisted cyst-cisternal shunting for a quadrigeminal arachnoid cyst causing typical trigeminal neuralgiaY i Ohnishi
Department of Neurosurgery, Kansai Rosai Hospital, Amagasaki, Hyogo, Japan
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 50:124-7. 2007..b>Neuroendoscopy is useful for treating arachnoid cysts; however, in order to safely relieve symptoms, the procedure needs to ..
- Pediatric neuroendoscopy in Chile. Analysis of the first 100 casesS Valenzuela
Pediatric Neurosurgery Service, A Asenjo Institute of Neurosurgery, J M Infante 553 Providencia, P O Box 3717 Stgo 1, Santiago, Chile
Childs Nerv Syst 15:457-60. 1999The personal series of the first 100 cases of neuroendoscopy performed at the Pediatric Neurosurgery Service of the Institute of Neurosurgery Alfonso Asenjo in Santiago-Chile is presented...
- Endoscopic surgical anatomy of the paediatric third ventricle studied using virtual neuroendoscopy based on 3-D ultrasonographyAndreas Jödicke
Department of Neurosurgery, University Medical Centre, Justus Liebig University, Klinikstrasse 29, 35385, Giessen, Germany
Childs Nerv Syst 19:325-31. 2003..Endoscopic treatment for occlusive hydrocephalus requires knowledge of individual ventricular and vascular anatomies of the ventricular system...
- Treatment of colloid cysts of the third ventricle through neuroendoscopic Nd: YAG laser stereotaxisFernando Campos Gomes Pinto
Division of Functional Neurosurgery, Institute of Psychiatry, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 67:1082-7. 2009..Colloid cysts (IIIVT CC) are benign neuroepithelial cysts located in the anterior third ventricle. The authors propose the use of Nd:YAG laser stereotactic neuroendoscopic for guided resection of the third ventricle colloid cysts...
- [Neuroendoscopy: diagnosis and therapeutic uses]J C Jiménez-Leon
Universidad de Carabobo, Departamento de Cirugia Neurocirugia, Valencia, Venezuela
Rev Neurol 25:941-5. 1997..In this field, neuroendoscopy offers a very efficient, clear means of diagnosis and a less aggressive form of treatment of lesions on the ..
- Robot-assisted navigated neuroendoscopyMichael Zimmermann
Department of Neurosurgery, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Neurosurgery 51:1446-51; discussion 1451-2. 2002Major steps in the evolution of advanced neurosurgical techniques include microneurosurgery, neuroendoscopy and its minimally invasive variations, neuronavigation, and advanced intraoperative imaging...
- [Image-guided neuroendoscopy]J J Moreau
Service de Neurochirurgie, CHU Dupuytren, 87042 Limoges Cedex, France
Neurochirurgie 48:92-6. 2002By definition, image-guided neuroendoscopy is a connection between a neuroendoscope and a neuronavigational system creating a computer-guided instrument...
- Intra-parenchymal tumor biopsy using neuroendoscopy with navigationT Akai
Department of Neurosurgery, Kanazawa Medical University, Ishikawa, Japan
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 51:83-6. 2008b>Neuroendoscopy has allowed us to biopsy tumors located in the ventricle and the para-ventricle. With this technique we can obtain specimens under direct visual monitoring and examine tumor dissemination...
- Role of neuroendoscopy in the management of patients with tuberculous meningitis hydrocephalusMazhar Husain
Department of Neurosurgery, King George s Medical University, Lucknow, India
Neurosurg Rev 28:278-83. 2005The role of neuroendoscopy in patients of tuberculous meningitis with hydrocephalus (TBMH) is not yet established...
- Endoscopic aqueductoplasty through a tailored craniocervical approachIslam Gawish
Department of Neurosurgery, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
J Neurosurg 103:778-82. 2005b>Neuroendoscopy has an essential role in the management of occlusive hydrocephalus due to a membranous obstruction of the sylvian aqueduct...
- [Biportal neuroendoscopy of the prepontine cisterns]Robert Reisch
Johannes Gutenberg Egyetem, Idegsebészeti Klinika, Mainz
Ideggyogy Sz 56:76-81. 2003..In this preclinical cadaver study the authors developed combinations of biportal endoneurosurgical dissections in the prepontine subarachnoid space to test the safety of this technique...
- Value of high-definition imaging in neuroendoscopyHenry W S Schroeder
Department of Neurosurgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Sauerbruchstr, D 17475 Greifswald, Germany
Neurosurg Rev 32:303-8; discussion 308. 2009..HD imaging provides a much better image quality compared to SD imaging. Therefore, we recommend use of HD cameras in neuroendoscopic procedures...
- [Advantages of neuroendoscopy in the management of non-communicating hydrocephalus]J Aguas-Valiente
Servicio de Neurocirugia, Hospital General de Especialidades Ciudad de Jaen, Espana
Rev Neurol 29:193-7. 1999..Usually, a ventricle peritoneal shunt with a valve is employed as treatment but this does not provide a physiological restoration on the CSF flow...
- The role of transventricular neuroendoscopy in the management of craniopharyngiomas: three patient reports and review of the literatureGiuseppe Cinalli
Departments of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Santobono Pausilipon Children s Hospital, Naples, Italy
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 19:341-54. 2006Management of craniopharyngiomas is problematic and often requires multimodal protocols. In the last decade neuroendoscopy has been increasingly used in the management of these lesions.
- Results of endoscopic septal fenestration in the treatment of isolated ventricular hydrocephalusPhilipp R Aldana
Primary Children s Medical Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
Pediatr Neurosurg 38:286-94. 2003A surgical series detailing the results and complications of neuroendoscopy for the treatment of isolated lateral ventricular hydrocephalus (ILVH) has yet to be presented...
- Experience with an ultrasonic aspirator in neuroendoscopyK Oka
Department of Neurosurgery, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Japan
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 42:32-4. 1999..Preliminary experience with this aspirator has demonstrated its feasibility and safety. Clinical application of this technique is expected in other fields of neurosurgery...
- Super-Zoom Endoscope (SuZE)MIKHAIL A GUTIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..A broader range of applications is in gastrointestinal endoscopy, gynecologic endoscopy, arthroscopy, neuroendoscopy, ENT endoscopy, pulmonary endoscopy, and vascular endoscopy. The Phase I studies were very successful...
- Super-Zoom Endoscope (SuZE)MIKHAIL GUTIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..A broader range of applications is in gastrointestinal endoscopy, gynecologic endoscopy, arthroscopy, neuroendoscopy, ENT endoscopy, pulmonary endoscopy, and vascular endoscopy. The Phase I studies were very successful...
- An Innovative Endoscopic Instrument with Full-Field Viewing and Intelligent ImagiSTEVEN YI; Fiscal Year: 2010..for the next generation cystoscopy, neuroendoscopy, laparoscopy, etc...
- UCLA SPOTRIAS CENTER APPLICATION RENEWAL-PROGRAM PROJECTJeffrey L Saver; Fiscal Year: 2010..surgical technique for the evacuation of primary intracerebral hemorrhage, using mobile intra-operative CT and neuroendoscopy. In addition, studies interrogating the fundamental pathophysiology of brain injury in human ICH are proposed ..
- UCLA SPOTRIAS CENTER APPLICATION RENEWAL-PROGRAM PROJECTJeffrey Saver; Fiscal Year: 2009..surgical technique for the evacuation of primary intracerebral hemorrhage, using mobile intra-operative CT and neuroendoscopy. In addition, studies interrogating the fundamental pathophysiology of brain injury in human ICH are proposed ..
- UCLA SPOTRIAS CENTERJeffrey Saver; Fiscal Year: 2009..of a new, minimally invasive surgical technique for the evacuation of primary intracerebral hemorrhage, using neuroendoscopy. Through a collaboration between the UCLA SPOTRIAS ICES Surgical Center and the MISTIE (Minimally Invasive ..
- In Vivo CSF Shunt Hydrodynamics in HydrocephalusMarvin Bergsneider; Fiscal Year: 2010..Documenting definitive evidence of the tuned-dynamic absorber model could have fundamental implications to all ICP disorders. ..
- In Vivo CSF Shunt Hydrodynamics in HydrocephalusMarvin Bergsneider; Fiscal Year: 2009..Documenting definitive evidence of the tuned-dynamic absorber model could have fundamental implications to all ICP disorders. ..
- In Vivo CSF Shunt Hydrodynamics in HydrocephalusMarvin Bergsneider; Fiscal Year: 2008..Documenting definitive evidence of the tuned-dynamic absorber model could have fundamental implications to all ICP disorders. ..
- In Vivo Imaging of Post-Traumatic Cerebral Amyloid DepositionMarvin Bergsneider; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- In Vivo CSF Shunt Hydrodynamics in HydrocephalusMarvin Bergsneider; Fiscal Year: 2007
- Purinergic control of medullary pain modulationNathan Selden; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- A HEMODYNAMIC MODEL OF INTRACRANIAL PRESSURE DYNAMICSMarvin Bergsneider; Fiscal Year: 2002..An improved understanding of these disorders will offer new and better treatment modalities for millions of affected patients. ..
- A HEMODYNAMIC MODEL OF INTRACRANIAL PRESSURE DYNAMICSMarvin Bergsneider; Fiscal Year: 2001..An improved understanding of these disorders will offer new and better treatment modalities for millions of affected patients. ..
- A HEMODYNAMIC MODEL OF INTRACRANIAL PRESSURE DYNAMICSMarvin Bergsneider; Fiscal Year: 2000..An improved understanding of these disorders will offer new and better treatment modalities for millions of affected patients. ..