Genomes and Genes
Summary: A procedure in which a laparoscope (LAPAROSCOPES) is inserted through a small incision near the navel to examine the abdominal and pelvic organs in the PERITONEAL CAVITY. If appropriate, biopsy or surgery can be performed during laparoscopy.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications358 found, 100 shown here
- Transumbilical single-port access versus conventional total laparoscopic hysterectomy: surgical outcomesGa Won Yim
Women s Cancer Clinic, Severance Hospital, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:26.e1-6. 2010..The objective of the study was to compare surgical outcomes and postoperative pain between transumbilical single-port access total laparoscopic hysterectomy (SPA-TLH) and conventional 4-port total laparoscopic hysterectomy (TLH)...
- Safety of laparoscopy versus laparotomy in early-stage endometrial cancer: a randomised trialMarian J E Mourits
Department of Gynaecology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Lancet Oncol 11:763-71. 2010..This study investigated the complication rate of TLH versus TAH in women with early-stage endometrial cancer...
- Retroperitoneal laparoendoscopic single-site surgery in urology: initial experienceDong Soo Ryu
Department of Urology, Masan Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Masan, Korea
J Endourol 23:1857-62. 2009..To present our initial experience with single-port laparoscopic urologic surgery via the retroperitoneal approach using the Alexis wound retractor with flexible laparoscopic instrumentation...
- Laparoscopy compared with laparotomy for comprehensive surgical staging of uterine cancer: Gynecologic Oncology Group Study LAP2Joan L Walker
University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK 73190, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:5331-6. 2009The objective was to compare laparoscopy versus laparotomy for comprehensive surgical staging of uterine cancer.
- Laparo-endoscopic single site (LESS) versus standard laparoscopic left donor nephrectomy: matched-pair comparisonDavid Canes
Department of Urology, Lahey Clinic, Burlington, MA, USA
Eur Urol 57:95-101. 2010..Laparo-endoscopic single site (LESS) surgery is a recent development in minimally invasive surgery. Presented herein is the initial comparison of LESS donor nephrectomy (LESS-DN) and standard laparoscopic living donor nephrectomy (LLDN)...
- Long-term outcomes after laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy for advanced gastric cancer: a large-scale multicenter retrospective studyDo Joong Park
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Gyeonggi Do, Seongnam si, Korea
Surg Endosc 26:1548-53. 2012..However, there were few reports on long-term outcomes of laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy (LAG) for advanced gastric cancer (AGC)...
- Short-term endpoints of conventional versus laparoscopic-assisted surgery in patients with colorectal cancer (MRC CLASICC trial): multicentre, randomised controlled trialPierre J Guillou
Academic Unit of Surgery, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Lancet 365:1718-26. 2005..We compared short-term endpoints of conventional versus laparoscopic-assisted surgery in patients with colorectal cancer to predict long-term outcomes...
- Metabolic/bariatric surgery Worldwide 2008Henry Buchwald
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, 420 Delaware St SE, MMC 290, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Obes Surg 19:1605-11. 2009..Bariatric surgery continues to grow worldwide, but less so than in the past. The types of procedures are in flux; trends in Europe vs USA/Canada are diametrically opposed...
- Laparoscopy-assisted colectomy versus open colectomy for treatment of non-metastatic colon cancer: a randomised trialAntonio M Lacy
Department of Surgery, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Lancet 359:2224-9. 2002Although early reports on laparoscopy-assisted colectomy (LAC) in patients with colon cancer suggested that it reduces perioperative morbidity, its influence on long-term results is unknown...
- Randomized trial of laparoscopic-assisted resection of colorectal carcinoma: 3-year results of the UK MRC CLASICC Trial GroupDavid G Jayne
Academic Unit of Surgery, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 25:3061-8. 2007..Few data are available on rectal cancer, and long-term data on survival and recurrence are now required...
- Laparoscopic colectomy for cancer is not inferior to open surgery based on 5-year data from the COST Study Group trialJames Fleshman
Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, MO, and Department of General and Colorectal Surgery, St Joseph Mercy Hospital, MI, USA
Ann Surg 246:655-62; discussion 662-4. 2007....
- Effect of laparoscopic Roux-en Y gastric bypass on type 2 diabetes mellitusPhilip R Schauer
Departments of Surgery, University of Pittsburg, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Ann Surg 238:467-84; discussion 84-5. 2003..To evaluate pre- and postoperative clinical parameters associated with improvement of diabetes up to 4 years after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (LRYGBP) in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- Flexible transgastric peritoneoscopy: a novel approach to diagnostic and therapeutic interventions in the peritoneal cavityAnthony N Kalloo
Division of Gastroenterology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 60:114-7. 2004..A novel endoscopic peroral transgastric approach to the peritoneal cavity was tested in a porcine model in acute and long-term survival experiments...
- Morbidity and mortality of laparoscopic gastrectomy versus open gastrectomy for gastric cancer: an interim report--a phase III multicenter, prospective, randomized Trial (KLASS Trial)Hyung Ho Kim
Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seongnam, Republic of Korea
Ann Surg 251:417-20. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the safety of this trial with respect to morbidity and mortality...
- World review of laparoscopic liver resection-2,804 patientsKevin Tri Nguyen
Department of Surgery, UPMC Liver Cancer Center, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2582, USA
Ann Surg 250:831-41. 2009..To provide a review of the world literature on laparoscopic liver resection...
- Totally laparoscopic gastrectomy with various types of intracorporeal anastomosis using laparoscopic linear staplers: preliminary experienceJin Jo Kim
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Gu, Seoul, 137 040, Korea
Surg Endosc 22:436-42. 2008..We analyzed our preliminary clinical data for totally laparoscopic gastrectomy (TLG) in order to evaluate its effectiveness in terms of minimal invasiveness, technical feasibility, and safety...
- A multicenter study on oncologic outcome of laparoscopic gastrectomy for early cancer in JapanSeigo Kitano
Department of Surgery I, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, Yufu, Oita, Japan
Ann Surg 245:68-72. 2007..We conducted a retrospective, multicenter study of a large series of patients in Japan to evaluate the short- and long-term outcomes of laparoscopic gastrectomy for early gastric cancer (EGC)...
- Laparoscopic versus open subtotal gastrectomy for distal gastric cancer: five-year results of a randomized prospective trialCristiano G S Huscher
Department of Surgery, Azienda Ospedaliera S Giovanni Addolorata, Rome, Italy
Ann Surg 241:232-7. 2005..The aim of this study was to compare technical feasibility and both early and 5-year clinical outcomes of laparoscopic-assisted and open radical subtotal gastrectomy for distal gastric cancer...
- Third International Summit: Current status of sleeve gastrectomyMervyn Deitel
Surg Obes Relat Dis 7:749-59. 2011..Ongoing review is necessary regarding the durability of the weight loss, complications, and need for second-stage operations...
- A review of studies comparing three laparoscopic procedures in bariatric surgery: sleeve gastrectomy, Roux-en-Y gastric bypass and adjustable gastric bandingJuan Victor A Franco
Department of Surgery, University of Buenos Aires UBA, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Obes Surg 21:1458-68. 2011....
- Improved quality of life outcomes after laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy for early gastric cancer: results of a prospective randomized clinical trialYoung Woo Kim
Gastric Cancer Branch, Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Gyeonggi Do, Republic of Korea
Ann Surg 248:721-7. 2008The purpose of this study was to evaluate the quality of life (QOL) after laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG) compared with open distal gastrectomy (ODG) in patients with early gastric cancer.
- Comparison of laparoscopy-assisted and total laparoscopic Billroth-I gastrectomy for gastric cancer: a report of short-term outcomesTakahiro Kinoshita
Department of Surgery, Toho University Medical Center, Sakura Hospital, 564 1 Shimoshizu, Sakura, Chiba, 285 8741, Japan
Surg Endosc 25:1395-401. 2011..Most surgeons prefer laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy with extracorporeal anastomosis rather than total laparoscopic procedures because of the ..
- Peritoneal adhesions: etiology, pathophysiology, and clinical significance. Recent advances in prevention and managementT Liakakos
3rd Academic Department of Surgery, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
Dig Surg 18:260-73. 2001....
- Advantages of totally laparoscopic distal gastrectomy over laparoscopically assisted distal gastrectomy for gastric cancerOsamu Ikeda
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, National Kyushu Cancer Center, Notame 3 1 1, Minami Ku, Fukuoka, 811 1395, Japan
Surg Endosc 23:2374-9. 2009..Although laparoscopically assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG) has several advantages over open distal gastrectomy, little has been reported about the safety and feasibility of totally laparoscopic distal gastrectomy (TLDG)...
- A prospective randomized study comparing open vs laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy in early gastric cancer: early resultsJ H Lee
Department of Surgery, Ewha Woman s University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Surg Endosc 19:168-73. 2005We conducted a prospective randomized trial to compare laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG) including lymphadenectomy with open distal gastrectomy for the management of early gastric cancer (EGC).
- Hernias: inguinal and incisionalAndrew Kingsnorth
Derriford Hospital, Level 7, Plymouth, UK
Lancet 362:1561-71. 2003In the past decade hernia surgery has been challenged by two new technologies: by laparoscopy, which has attempted to change the traditional open operative techniques, and by prosthetic mesh, which has achieved much lower recurrence ..
- Is totally laparoscopic gastrectomy less invasive than laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy?: prospective, multicenter studyKyo Young Song
Department of Surgery, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, South Korea
J Gastrointest Surg 12:1015-21. 2008..Most surgeons prefer to laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy using minilaparotomy rather than totally laparoscopic procedures because of technical ..
- Comparison of long-term results between laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy and open gastrectomy with D2 lymph node dissection for advanced gastric cancerAtsushi Hamabe
Department of Surgery, Osaka Police Hospital, 10 31, Kitayama cho, Tennoji ku, Osaka 543 0035, Japan
Surg Endosc 26:1702-9. 2012b>Laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy (LAG) has been established as a low-invasive surgery for early gastric cancer...
- Laparoscopic surgery versus open surgery for colon cancer: short-term outcomes of a randomised trialRuben Veldkamp
Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet Oncol 6:477-84. 2005....
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of laparoscopy-assisted and open total gastrectomy for gastric cancerKe Chen
Department of General Surgery, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310016, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 19:5365-76. 2013To evaluate the safety and efficacy of laparoscopy-assisted total gastrectomy (LATG) and open total gastrectomy (OTG) for gastric cancer.
- Oncologic results of laparoscopic versus conventional open surgery for stage II or III left-sided colon cancers: a randomized controlled trialJin Tung Liang
Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital and College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Surg Oncol 14:109-17. 2007..However, the oncologic outcome for cancer is still a concern. This study aims to compare the oncologic outcome between laparoscopic and open methods in the curative resection of Stage II or III left-sided colon cancers...
- Single-port laparoscopic totally extraperitoneal inguinal hernia repair with the TriPort system: initial experienceS Agrawal
Minimal Access Therapy Training Unit MATTU, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road, Guildford, GU2 7XX, UK
Surg Endosc 24:952-6. 2010..Recently, single-incision laparoscopic surgery to reduce the invasiveness of traditional laparoscopy further is under development...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery: initial hundred patientsMihir M Desai
Department of Urology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44196, USA
Urology 74:805-12. 2009..To report our initial experience with laparoendoscopic single-site (LESS) surgery in 100 patients in urology...
- Transumbilical single-port surgery: evolution and current statusDavid Canes
Center for Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery, Department of Urology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Eur Urol 54:1020-9. 2008Single-port transumbilical laparoscopy, also known as embryonic natural orifice transumbilical endoscopic surgery (E-NOTES), has emerged as an attempt to further enhance cosmetic benefits and reduce morbidity of minimally invasive ..
- Laparo-endoscopic single-site left transperitoneal adrenalectomyLuca Cindolo
Urology Unit, S Pio da Pietrelcina Hospital, Vasto CH, Italy
Eur Urol 57:911-4. 2010..The postoperative period was uneventful (discharge within 3 d). In our opinion, the TriPort adrenalectomy is feasible and safe, with favourable perioperative and short-term outcomes and a delighted patient at the 8-mo follow-up...
- SLEEVEPASS: a randomized prospective multicenter study comparing laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and gastric bypass in the treatment of morbid obesity: preliminary resultsMika Helmiö
Department of Surgery, Turku University Hospital, PL 52, 20521 Turku, Finland
Surg Endosc 26:2521-6. 2012..The aim of this study was to determine the preliminary 30-day morbidity and mortality of RYGB and SG in a prospective multicenter randomized setting...
- Long-term outcomes following laparoscopically assisted versus open ileocolic resection for Crohn's diseaseE J Eshuis
Departments of Surgery, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 97:563-8. 2010..Long-term results of laparoscopically assisted versus open ileocolic resection for Crohn's disease were evaluated in a randomized trial...
- Laparoscopy in combination with fast track multimodal management is the best perioperative strategy in patients undergoing colonic surgery: a randomized clinical trial (LAFA-study)Malaika S Vlug
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg 254:868-75. 2011..To investigate which perioperative treatment, ie, laparoscopic or open surgery combined with fast track (FT) or standard care, is the optimal approach for patients undergoing segmental resection for colon cancer...
- Review of meta-analytic comparisons of bariatric surgery with a focus on laparoscopic adjustable gastric bandingScott A Cunneen
Center for Weight Loss, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 4:S47-55. 2008..This article summarizes those results and discusses them in relation to the 3 other published bariatric surgery meta-analyses (JAMA 2004;292:1724-37; Ann Intern Med 2005;142:547-59; and Surgery 2007;142:621-32)...
- A case-control study of laparoscopy-assisted and open distal gastrectomy for advanced gastric cancerJianbo Shuang
Department of Surgery, Xijing Hospital of Digestive Diseases, Fourth Military Medical University, No 15 Changle West Road, 710032, Xian, People s Republic of China
J Gastrointest Surg 15:57-62. 2011The application of laparoscopy-assisted gastric surgery has been increasing rapidly for the treatment of early gastric cancer...
- Laparoscopic liver resections: a feasibility study in 30 patientsD Cherqui
Departments of General and Digestive Surgery and Anesthesiology, H opital Henri Mondor Université Paris XII, Creteil, France
Ann Surg 232:753-62. 2000..To assess the feasibility and safety of laparoscopic liver resections...
- Laparoscopic resection of rectosigmoid carcinoma: prospective randomised trialKa Lau Leung
Department of Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Lancet 363:1187-92. 2004..We aimed to test the null hypothesis that there was no difference in survival after laparoscopic and open resection for rectosigmoid cancer...
- Short-term quality-of-life outcomes following laparoscopic-assisted colectomy vs open colectomy for colon cancer: a randomized trialJane C Weeks
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA 287:321-8. 2002..The safety and efficacy of LAC for colon cancer are unknown, and the nature and magnitude of any quality-of-life (QOL) benefit resulting from LAC for colon cancer is also unknown...
- Single-port laparoscopy in colorectal surgeryF H Remzi
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Colorectal Dis 10:823-6. 2008b>Laparoscopy is the approach of choice for the majority of colorectal disorders that require a minimally invasive abdominal operation. As the emphasis on minimizing the technique continues, natural orifice surgery is quickly evolving...
- The international position on laparoscopic liver surgery: The Louisville Statement, 2008Joseph F Buell
Department of Surgery, Director of Transplantation, Jewish Hospital Transplant Center, 200 Abraham Flexner Way, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Ann Surg 250:825-30. 2009..To summarize the current world position on laparoscopic liver surgery...
- Laparoscopic versus open surgery for rectal cancer: long-term oncologic resultsChristophe Laurent
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Saint Andre Hospital, University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux 33075, France
Ann Surg 250:54-61. 2009..The goal was to assess long-term oncologic outcome after laparoscopic versus open surgery for rectal cancer and to evaluate the impact of conversion...
- Single incision laparoscopic splenectomy: the first two casesUmut Barbaros
Department of General Surgery, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
J Gastrointest Surg 13:1520-3. 2009..Herein we report two splenectomy cases where single incision surgery (SILS) technique was performed...
- Improvement in glucose metabolism after bariatric surgery: comparison of laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass and laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: a prospective randomized trialRalph Peterli
Department of Surgery, St Claraspital, Basel, Switzerland
Ann Surg 250:234-41. 2009..The exclusion of the proximal small intestine is thought to play a major role in the rapid improvement in the metabolic control of diabetes after gastric bypass...
- Prospective randomized study of open versus laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy with extraperigastric lymph node dissection for early gastric cancerH Hayashi
Research Center for Frontier Medical Engineering, 1 33, Yayoi cho, Inage Ku, Chiba, 263 8522, Japan
Surg Endosc 19:1172-6. 2005b>Laparoscopy-assisted surgery with extraperigastric lymph node dissection for gastric cancers has been described, but the clinical benefits of these surgeries still are unclear...
- Case-matched comparison of laparoscopy-assisted and open distal gastrectomy for gastric cancerWei Wang
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Shaoxing People s Hospital, Shaoxing Hospital of Zhejiang University, Shaoxing 312000, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 19:3672-7. 2013To compare short- and long-term outcomes of laparoscopy-assisted and open distal gastrectomy for gastric cancer.
- Laparoscopy-assisted versus open D2 radical gastrectomy for advanced gastric cancer without serosal invasion: a case control studyQi Yue Chen
Department of Gastric Surgery, Fujian Medical University Union Hospital, NO, 29 Xinquan Road, Fuzhou, Fujian Province 350001, China
World J Surg Oncol 10:248. 2012..The aim of this study is to evaluate technical feasibility and oncological efficacy of laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy (LAG) for advanced gastric cancer without serosal invasion.
- Long-term comparison of laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy and open distal gastrectomy in advanced gastric cancerAndrew C Gordon
Department of Surgical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Yushima Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Surg Endosc 27:462-70. 2013The use of laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG) in advanced gastric cancer (AGC) remains a controversial topic, mainly because of doubts about its oncologic validity...
- Beyond laparoscopy: 3-T magnetic resonance imaging in the evaluation of posterior cul-de-sac obliterationLucia Manganaro
Department of Radiological Oncological and Anatomopathological Sciences, Umberto I Hospital, Sapienza University of Rome, 00161, Rome, Italy
Magn Reson Imaging 30:1432-8. 2012..Nowadays, laparoscopy represents the standard technique for endometriosis evaluation...
- Tumor-specific fluorescence antibody imaging enables accurate staging laparoscopy in an orthotopic model of pancreatic cancerHop S Tran Cao
University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Hepatogastroenterology 59:1994-9. 2012b>Laparoscopy is important in staging pancreatic cancer, but false negatives remain problematic. Making tumors fluorescent has the potential to improve the accuracy of staging laparoscopy.
- Comparison of long-term prognosis of laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy and conventional open gastrectomy with special reference to D2 lymph node dissectionHirohiko Sato
Department of Surgery, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Surg Endosc 26:2240-6. 2012b>Laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy (LAG) is becoming widely used for early gastric cancer. However, how the curability and long-term prognosis of LAG and open gastrectomy (OG) for early and advanced gastric cancer compare remains unclear...
- Multidimensional learning curve in laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy for early gastric cancerSung Ho Jin
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Ajou University, San 5, Wonchon dong, Yeongtong Gu, Suwon, 442 749, Korea
Surg Endosc 21:28-33. 2007b>Laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy (LAG) is a complex and time-consuming procedure, which is increasingly used for early gastric cancer (EGC). We provide a multidimensional analysis of the learning curve in LAG.
- Sleeve gastrectomy and gastric banding: effects on plasma ghrelin levelsF B Langer
Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Obes Surg 15:1024-9. 2005..Different changes of plasma ghrelin levels have been reported following gastric banding, Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, and biliopancreatic diversion...
- Learning curve of laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy with systemic lymphadenectomy for early gastric cancerMin Chan Kim
Department of Surgery, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
World J Gastroenterol 11:7508-11. 2005To evaluate the nature of the "learning curve" for laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG) with systemic lymphadenectomy for early gastric cancer.
- Preoperative aspects and dimensions used for an anatomical (PADUA) classification of renal tumours in patients who are candidates for nephron-sparing surgeryVincenzo Ficarra
Department of Oncological and Surgical Sciences, Urologic Clinic, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Eur Urol 56:786-93. 2009..Besides clinical tumour size, other anatomical aspects of the renal tumour are routinely considered when evaluating the feasibility of elective nephron-sparing surgery (NSS)...
- Retropubic, laparoscopic, and robot-assisted radical prostatectomy: a systematic review and cumulative analysis of comparative studiesVincenzo Ficarra
Department of Oncological and Surgical Sciences, Urology Clinic, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Eur Urol 55:1037-63. 2009....
- Total laparoendoscopic single-site surgery (LESS) hysterectomy in low-risk early endometrial cancer: a pilot studyFrancesco Fanfani
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, L go A Gemelli, 8, 00168, Rome, Italy
Surg Endosc 26:41-6. 2012..We present our initial experience with laparoendoscopic single-site surgery (LESS) in the surgical treatment of early-stage endometrial cancer patients...
- Robotic surgery for benign gynaecological diseaseHongqian Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2:CD008978. 2012..However, the main disadvantages of the robotic surgical system should not be overlooked, including the high cost of disposable instruments and retraining for both surgeons and nurses...
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, 529 cases without a leak: short-term results and technical considerationsDrake Eric Bellanger
St Elizabeth Hospital, Gonzales, LA 70737, USA
Obes Surg 21:146-50. 2011..We describe results of a single surgeon's experience with LSG in a community practice revealing a low complication rate and describing the surgical technique...
- Randomized clinical trial of laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass versus laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy for the management of patients with BMI < 50 kg/m2Ioannis Kehagias
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Patras, Patras, Greece
Obes Surg 21:1650-6. 2011..A randomized trial was conducted in a Greek population to evaluate perioperative safety and 3-years results...
- Laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy with D2 lymphadenectomy for T2b advanced gastric cancers: three years' experienceHoon Hur
Department of Surgery, Holy Family Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Gyeonggi Do, Republic of Korea
J Surg Oncol 98:515-9. 2008The application of laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG) with advanced gastric cancer (AGC) is a controversial. The purpose of this study was to assess the possibility of using LADG application to AGC.
- A totally laparoscopic distal gastrectomy with gastroduodenostomy (TLDG) for improvement of the early surgical outcomes in high BMI patientsMin Gyu Kim
Department of Gastric Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Surg Endosc 25:1076-82. 2011To evaluate the effectiveness of totally laparoscopic distal gastrectomy with gastroduodenostomy (TLDG), we compared its early surgical outcomes with those of laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy with gastroduodenostomy (LADG).
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass versus laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy for the treatment of morbid obesity. A prospective study of 117 patientsJose Luis Leyba
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Hospital Universitario de Caracas, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela
Obes Surg 21:212-6. 2011..8% in LSG (p > 0.05). In the short term, both techniques are comparable regarding safety and effectiveness, so not one procedure is clearly superior to the other...
- Long-term outcomes of laparoscopic adjustable gastric bandingJacques Himpens
The European School of Laparoscopic Surgery, Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Saint Pierre University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Arch Surg 146:802-7. 2011..To determine the long-term efficacy and safety of laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB) for morbid obesity...
- Laparoscopic vs open hepatic resection: a comparative studyM Morino
Second Department of General Surgery, University of Turin, C so A M Dogliotti 14, 10126 Turin, Italy
Surg Endosc 17:1914-8. 2003..Although the feasibility of minor laparoscopic liver resections (LLR) has been demonstrated, data comparing the open vs the laparoscopic approach to liver resection are lacking...
- Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials comparing open and laparoscopic ventral and incisional hernia repair with meshS S Forbes
Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Br J Surg 96:851-8. 2009..Laparoscopic ventral and incisional hernia repair has been reported in a number of small trials to have equivalent or superior outcomes to open repair...
- Single-incision laparoscopically assisted colectomy using standard laparoscopic instrumentationNicholas A Rieger
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital and The University of Adelaide, 11 Woodville Road, Woodville, South Australia 5011, Australia
Surg Endosc 24:888-90. 2010..A prospective case series of transumbilical single-incision laparoscopic colectomies using conventional laparoscopic trocars and instruments is described...
- Comparison of laparoscopy-assisted by conventional open distal gastrectomy and extraperigastric lymph node dissection in early gastric cancerMin Chan Kim
Department of Surgery, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
J Surg Oncol 91:90-4. 2005b>Laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy with lymph node dissection for gastric cancer is considered technically more complicated than the open method...
- Intracorporeal Billroth 1 reconstruction by triangulating stapling technique after laparoscopic distal gastrectomy for gastric cancerShinya Tanimura
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Osaka City General Hospital, Miyakojima ku, Osaka, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 18:54-8. 2008..postoperative wounds was possible TLDG by TST, compared with HALS and the extracorporeal anastomosis, that is, laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy...
- Sleeve gastrectomy: a restrictive procedure?John Melissas
Bariatric Unit and Department of Surgical Oncology, Heraklion University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, University of Crete, Greece
Obes Surg 17:57-62. 2007..We investigated the clinical outcome and gastric emptying of solid foods in morbidly obese (MO) patients following sleeve gastrectomy (SG)...
- Laparoscopic versus open resection for colorectal cancer: a metaanalysis of oncologic outcomesTimothy D Jackson
Department of Surgery, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Am Coll Surg 204:439-46. 2007
- A 10-year experience with laparoscopic gastric banding for morbid obesity: high long-term complication and failure ratesM Suter
Department of Surgery, Hopital du Chablais, Aigle Monthey, Switzerland
Obes Surg 16:829-35. 2006..Few long-term studies have been published. We present our results after up to 8 years (mean 74 months) of follow-up...
- A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials that compared laparoscopy-assisted and open distal gastrectomy for early gastric cancerHiroshi Ohtani
Department of Surgery, Osaka City Sumiyoshi Hospital, 1 2 16 Higashi Kagaya, Suminoe ku, Osaka 559 0012, Japan
J Gastrointest Surg 14:958-64. 2010We conducted a meta-analysis to evaluate and compare the advantages of laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG) over open distal gastrectomy (ODG) for treating early gastric cancer (EGC).
- Long-term results of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy for obesityJacques Himpens
Division of Bariatric Surgery, AZ St Blasius, Kroonveldlaan, Dendermonde, Belgium
Ann Surg 252:319-24. 2010..To determine the mid- and long-term efficacy and possible side effects of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy as treatment for morbid obesity...
- A review of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy for morbid obesityXinzhe Shi
Centre for Advancement of Minimally Invasive Surgery CAMIS, Royal Alexandra Hospital, 10240 Kingsway Ave, Edmonton, AB T5H 3V9, Canada
Obes Surg 20:1171-7. 2010..Although LSG is a promising treatment option for patients with morbid obesity, its role remains undefined and it should be considered an investigational procedure that may require revision in a subset of patients...
- Fewer adhesions induced by laparoscopic surgery?C N Gutt
Department of General, Visceral and Trauma Surgery, Ruprecht Karls University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Surg Endosc 18:898-906. 2004..Laparoscopic surgery has potential theoretical advantages over open surgery in reducing the rate of adhesion formation, but very few comparative studies are available to prove this...
- Laparoendoscopic single site surgery in urologyBrian H Irwin
Department of Urology, Stevan B Streem Center for Endourology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Urol Clin North Am 36:223-35, ix. 2009..Ultimately, prospective studies that compare the safety and effectiveness of this new approach with the standard conventional laparoscopic approach will determine the future role in surgical practice...
- Transumbilical single-port laparoscopic partial nephrectomyMonish Aron
Department of Urology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
BJU Int 103:516-21. 2009..To present the initial experience with laparoscopic partial nephrectomy (LPN) performed through a transumbilical single port...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery (LESS) in gynecologic oncology: technique and initial reportAmanda Nickles Fader
Department of OB GYN and Women s Health Institute, Section of Gynecologic Oncology, Desk A 81 Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Gynecol Oncol 114:157-61. 2009..The purpose of this study was to assess the feasibility of LESS for the surgical treatment of various gynecologic cancers or precancerous conditions through both laparoscopic and robotic-assisted approaches...
- The impact of comorbidity on surgical outcomes in laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy: a retrospective analysis of multicenter resultsWook Kim
Department of Surgery, The Catholic University of Korea, Holy Family Hospital, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Ann Surg 248:793-9. 2008The purpose of this study was to evaluate the impact of comorbidities on the surgical outcomes in laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG).
- ESHRE guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of endometriosisStephen Kennedy
University of Oxford, UK
Hum Reprod 20:2698-704. 2005..a definitive diagnosis of most forms of endometriosis requires visual inspection of the pelvis at laparoscopy as the 'gold standard' investigation...
- Learning curve for laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy with regional lymph node dissection for early gastric cancerChikara Kunisaki
Department of Surgery, Gastroenterological Center, Yokohama City University, Urafunecho, Minami Ku, Yokohama, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 18:236-41. 2008An assessment of the learning curve of laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG) might encourage its worldwide spread among inexperienced surgeons...
- Consensus review of optimal perioperative care in colorectal surgery: Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Group recommendationsKristoffer Lassen
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, University Hospital Northern Norway, 9038 Tromsø, Norway
Arch Surg 144:961-9. 2009..To describe a consensus review of optimal perioperative care in colorectal surgery and to provide consensus recommendations for each item of an evidence-based protocol for optimal perioperative care...
- Minimally invasive esophagectomy: outcomes in 222 patientsJames D Luketich
Division of Thoracic Surgery and Foregut Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh 15213, USA
Ann Surg 238:486-94; discussion 494-5. 2003..To assess our outcomes after minimally invasive esophagectomy (MIE)...
- A prospective randomized study between laparoscopic gastric banding and laparoscopic isolated sleeve gastrectomy: results after 1 and 3 yearsJacques Himpens
Department of Gastrointestinal and Obesity Surgery, European School of Laparoscopic Surgery, Saint Pierre University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Obes Surg 16:1450-6. 2006..Isolated sleeve gastrectomy (SG), is less common, but more invasive and with a higher learning curve. The aim of this prospective randomized study was to compare the results of GB and SG after 1 and 3 years of surgery...
- Laparoscopic repair of ventral hernias: nine years' experience with 850 consecutive herniasB Todd Heniford
Department of Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina 28232, USA
Ann Surg 238:391-9; discussion 399-400. 2003..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of laparoscopic repair of ventral hernias...
- A randomized controlled trial comparing open vs laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy for the treatment of early gastric cancer: an interim reportSeigo Kitano
Department of Surgery I, Oita Medical University, Oita, Japan
Surgery 131:S306-11. 2002The application of laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG) for early gastric cancer remains controversial among gastric surgeons...
- Recurrence following laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy for gastric cancer: a multicenter retrospective analysis of 1,417 patientsJyewon Song
Department of Surgery, Insititute of Gastroenterology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 17:1777-86. 2010The risk of recurrence and recurrence patterns after laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy for gastric cancer remain unclear...
- Bariatric surgery for the treatment of morbid obesity: a meta-analysis of weight loss outcomes for laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding and laparoscopic gastric bypassJane Garb
Biostatistics, Department of Academic Affairs, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA, USA
Obes Surg 19:1447-55. 2009..Although problems in study quality raised significant concerns regarding the validity of current weight loss estimates in this area, there was no evidence of publication bias...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery for nephrectomy as a feasible alternative to traditional laparoscopyJames H Raybourn
Department of Urology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Urology 75:100-3. 2010..To report an initial clinical urologic experience using single-port surgery compared to the traditional laparoscopic technique for nephrectomy...
- Short-term outcomes of the Australasian randomized clinical study comparing laparoscopic and conventional open surgical treatments for colon cancer: the ALCCaS trialPeter J Hewett
Division of Surgery, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville South, Australia
Ann Surg 248:728-38. 2008b>Laparoscopy has revolutionized many abdominal surgical procedures. Laparoscopic colectomy has become increasingly popular...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site and conventional laparoscopic adrenalectomy: a matched case-control studyByong Chang Jeong
Department of Urology, Sungkyunkwan University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Endourol 23:1957-60. 2009..The purpose of this study was to describe our initial clinical experience and assess the feasibility of laparoendoscopic single-site surgery (LESS) in the treatment of benign adrenal adenoma...
- Single port access laparoscopic right hemicolectomyPascal Bucher
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Colorectal Dis 23:1013-6. 2008..We report in this paper a new technique of umbilical SPA right hemicolectomy with conventional surgical oncologic principle and technique of minimally invasive colectomy...
- Laparoscopic entry: a review of techniques, technologies, and complicationsGeorge A Vilos
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 29:433-65. 2007..To provide clinical direction, based on the best evidence available, on laparoscopic entry techniques and technologies and their associated complications...
- Laparoscopic versus open total mesorectal excision with anal sphincter preservation for low rectal cancerZ G Zhou
Department of General Surgery and Institute of Digestive Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, 610041, Chengdu, Sichuan, PR China
Surg Endosc 18:1211-5. 2004....
- Laparoscopic liver resectionE Vibert
Department of Digestive Diseases, Montsouris Institute, University Paris V, 42 Boulevard Jourdan, 75014 Paris, France
Br J Surg 93:67-72. 2006..This paper describes a 10-year experience of laparoscopic liver surgery, including several major hepatectomies for malignant tumours...
- Are major laparoscopic pancreatic resections worthwhile? A prospective study of 32 patients in a single institutionJ L Dulucq
Department of Abdominal Surgery, Maison de Santé Protestante, Bagatelle, 33401 Talence Bordeaux, France
Surg Endosc 19:1028-34. 2005..The current investigation studied pancreatic resection by laparoscopy. The objective of this study was to assess the feasibility, safety, and outcome of laparoscopic pancreatic ..
- Beta Camera and Laparoscopic Probe for Surgical Cancer Removal.FARHAD DAGHIGHIAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also build a dual detector beta probe in a 5 mm diameter for laparoscopy using SSPMs and plastic scintillators...
- RISK FACTORS AS PREDICTORS OF ECTOPIC PREGNANCYKurt T Barnhart; Fiscal Year: 2010..an EP of large size is not amenable to medical therapy, may require major surgery (laparotomy) instead of laparoscopy and can cause greater damage to fallopian tube (and greater impairment of fertility), even if treated before ..
- UNDERSTANDING OVARIAN CONTROL IN RARE BIOMEDICAL MODELSKATHARINE PELICAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..with expertise in endocrinology, immunoassay development, noninvasive hormone monitoring, gamete metabolism, laparoscopy, AI, IVF, immunohistochemistry, reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and histology...
- Utilizing Ethyl Nitrate Gas in Laparoscopic SurgeryJames Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2006..that the results of these studies will be used to further develop and refine standards of care for human laparoscopy and will lead to a novel therapy for controlling the blood flow changes produced during pneumoperitoneum...
- Acoustic Measurement of Bubbles in Biological MediaGeorges Chahine; Fiscal Year: 2006..A detailed plan for future phase animal experiment will then be developed. ..
- Clinical Development of Hemostatic Agent ClotFoam for Severe HemorrhageMaja Nowakowski; Fiscal Year: 2013..Substantial economic activity will be generated from the global provision of this core component. ..
- Developing Physics-Based Virtual Simulation Technology for Natural Orifice TranslDANIEL BOUGERE JONES; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Real-Time Optical Diagnosis of Inflammatory Bowel Disease using SFDISylvain Gioux; Fiscal Year: 2013..Application of SFDI to minimally invasive techniques, such as colonoscopy and laparoscopy, however, has not yet been attempted because of formidable technical challenges in the correction of tissue ..
- A Novel Target for the Treatment of EndometriosisPaul D Crowe; Fiscal Year: 2011..The proposed research will generate proof-of-principle data on antagonists to a previously unexplored drug target that is highly expressed in endometriosis and appears to be central to the pathophysiology of this debilitating disease. ..
- An Innovative Endoscopic Instrument with Full-Field Viewing and Intelligent ImagiSTEVEN YI; Fiscal Year: 2010..7% annually during 2008-2015 to reach $1.1 billion by 2015. The market of the rigid endoscopes (e.g. laparoscopy, urology and arthroscopy) is slightly smaller than flexible endoscopes, but with similar market growth rate...
- Biosignature of the endometrium in women with endometriosisNeil Sidell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Hence, a diagnostic alternative to laparoscopy or other surgical procedures is desperately needed...
- NORTH CENTRAL CANCER TREATMENT GROUPJan C Buckner; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Fluorophore-Conjugated Antibodies for Imaging and Resection of GI TumorsMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific Aim 3 Utilization of fluorescence laparoscopy to improve visualization of primary and metastatic GI cancers not otherwise seen under normal laparoscopic ..
- Nanotechnology for Minimally Invasive Cancer Detection and ResectionAaron M Mohs; Fiscal Year: 2011..The combined effect of increasing tumor delineation under minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery will have a profound impact on reducing the high mortality rates from cancer and the morbidity associated with surgery. ..
- Zosteric Acid Integrated Thermo-reversible Gels for Preventing Surgical AdhesionsBi min Newby; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Comparative Effectiveness of Novel Minimally Invasive Surgical ProceduresJuliane Bingener-Casey; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is unclear whether these new techniques have any advantages over traditional laparoscopy. Validated, standardized comparison methods of one minimally invasive procedure with another are missing...
- Intraoperative Near-Infrared Fluorescence ImagingJohn V Frangioni; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., laparoscopy/endoscopy) NIR fluorescence technology for the approximately 50% of human surgeries that are no longer ..
- Device for Surgical Adhesion PreventionREKHA BANSAL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our ultimate goal is to develop an effective FDA approved anti-adhesion device for use in back and abdominal surgeries. ..
- Global methylation profile in endometrium of endometriosis patientsSusan C Nagel; Fiscal Year: 2012..diagnostic test for endometriosis is lacking and thus the gold standard for diagnosis is dependent on laparoscopy. Due to the high cost and additional risk associated with laparoscopy and the absence of definitive diagnostic ..
- ENVIRONMENT CHEMICALS AND GYNECOLOGIC HEALTH (ENDO STUDY)Matthew Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Approximately 850 women undergoing laparoscopy or laparotomy will be recruited along with approximately 200 women undergoing MRIs from the geographic areas ..
- Sutureless Resorbable Anti-Adhesion FilmsMICHAEL J DANILICH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Immediate applications include prevention of adhesions after laparotomy and laparoscopy, but the material can be adapted easily to create a family of adhesives or sealants with properties that can be ..
- Clinical Epidemiology of Mycoplasma genitaliumPatricia Totten; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our three specific aims are to (1) define the role of M. genitalium in acute salpingitis in women undergoing laparoscopy in Nairobi Kenya; (2) define the association of M...
- Light-Triggered Drug Release in Primed Pancreatic TumorsJonathan F Lovell; Fiscal Year: 2013..A clinical scenario might involve laparoscopy guidance (already used in PaCA) of a near infrared emitting optical fiber into the primary tumor to trigger ..
- Minimally Invasive Vaginal Prolapse RepairWALTER VON PECHMANN; Fiscal Year: 2012..A small but increasing number of surgeons are now performing sacral colpopexy via laparoscopy or robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery, including a novel technique that utilizes a single 2-3 cm umbilical ..
- System for Image-Guided, Minimally-Invasive Kidney SurgeryDavid B Kynor; Fiscal Year: 2012..Unfortunately, the risk of serious complications in this laparoscopic procedure remains higher than in conventional open surgery. ..
- A laparoscopically-deployable HIFU device for tissue ablationLawrence A Crum; Fiscal Year: 2013..The successful completion of the major goals of this effort provides the basic technology that would lead to increased use of laparoscopic procedures during organ and tissue sparing surgeries. ..
- Improved Surgical Treatment of Pelvic Organ ProlapseKEITH LIPFORD; Fiscal Year: 2009..A small number of surgeons are attempting to perform the sacral colpopexy via laparoscopy or robot- assisted laparoscopic surgery...
- MECHANISMS OF INFERTILITY IN ENDOMETRIOSISSerdar Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2002..Alternatively, baboons that develop endometriosis spontaneously will be identified by laparoscopy. Activities of aberrant or deficient enzymes in endometriotic lesions will be determined using in vivo ..
- Micromachined 7MHz Two Dimensional Forward Looking Ultrasound Medical PenetrativeELI WIENER AVNEAR; Fiscal Year: 2009..The miniature transducer will be integrated into a forward looking intracardiac imaging catheter to assist real-time guidance during interventional electrophysiology procedures. ..
- Development of a simulation-based mental skills curriculum for surgeonsDimitrios Stefanidis; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Enhanced Navigation for Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Through Video AnalysisGREGORY DONALD HAGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Once these goals are achieved, the algorithms will be assessed on patient data acquired during FESS procedures. Although aimed at FESS, the proposed methods are widely applicable to other areas of endoscopy and laparoscopy.
- Surgical Instrument Guide-MEMS (SIG-MEMS)VLADIMIR RUBTSOV; Fiscal Year: 2010..It will warn the surgeon when the instrument is approaching a vital part of the tissue, and will simultaneously provide important instrument positioning information in relation to other instruments. ..
- EVALUATION OF MINIMALLY INVASIVE SURGERYStanley Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2003..Given my training and experience in surgical endoscopy and minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopy), I propose studying in the context of randomized controlled clinical trials three distinct areas of ..
- ENDOMETRIOSIS :TRADITIONAL MEDICINE VS HORMONE THERAPYRichard Hammerschlag; Fiscal Year: 2002..The study is designed as a prospective trial of 66 women, with laparoscopy-diagnosed endometriosis, randomized to TCM or hormone therapy...
- A Secondary Task for Measuring Laparoscopic SkillMARK WILLIAM SCERBO; Fiscal Year: 2012..can be coupled to any spatial task where surgeons use a video/computer display to monitor their actions (laparoscopy, endoscopy, radiology, etc...
- REDUCED INFLAMMATORY RESPONSE DURING LAPAROSCOPYMark Talamini; Fiscal Year: 2005..The information provided by this investigation will be essential in patient care as increasing numbers of patients undergo operations using the CO2 pneumoperitoneum. ..
- An evaluation of the benefits of tactile feedback in robotic surgeryErik Dutson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Added: Results from this proposal will provide information that is essential for design of the next generation of tip-mounted tactile sensors, which is critical for future improvements in sensor systems.] ..
- An In Vivo Robotic Camera and Biopsy System for Laparoscopic SurgeryStephen Platt; Fiscal Year: 2007..by applicant): The proposed project explores a potential new approach to minimally invasive abdominal surgery (laparoscopy) that involves inserting miniature robotic assistants entirely into the abdominal cavity of the patient...
- Interventional PhotoAcoustic Surgical System (i-PASS)Russell H Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will evaluate the technology developed in artificial &ex vivo phantoms and in a small in vivo pilot study. ..
- Developing a Virtual Basic Laparoscopic Skill Trainer (VBLaST)DANIEL BOUGERE JONES; Fiscal Year: 2013..SA2) To establish the validity of the VBLaST as a training tool. SA3) To evaluate the usefulness of the VBLaST as a training tool. SA4) To develop a web-based interface for the VBLaST. ..
- Medical and Surgical Treatment of Esophageal RefluxSamuel Finlayson; Fiscal Year: 2003..The R03 grant would provide the required financial resources to carefully address these challenges. ..
- Image-Guided Minimally Invasive Robotic SurgeryCHRISTOPHER HASSER; Fiscal Year: 2006..A new generation of minimally invasive surgery has emerged that uses a robot to hold surgical tools during laparoscopy or thoracoscopy, under direct control by the surgeon...
- Multifunction Robotic Tools for Natural Orifice and Single Incision SurgeryCarl A Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the past two decades, laparoscopy has proven this concept, and telerobotics has enhanced the surgeon's capacity for visualization and ..
- Aging & Mechanisms of Human Protein SynthesisJames Fluckey; Fiscal Year: 2005..Fluckey to develop into an independent research scientist in aging. ..
- In-Vivo Optical Imaging of Chemically Targeted Tumor TisKARIM JALLAD; Fiscal Year: 2003..Thus this Phase I project is the basis for subsequent human medical trials to be carried out at the Indiana University Medical School in Phase II. ..
- C-View Semi-rigid Endoscope for Urological ApplicationsMICHELLE SIMKULET; Fiscal Year: 2009..The C-View semi- rigid scope is broadly applicable to urological procedures, laparoscopy and endoscopic general surgery...
- Use of Electrostatic Actuators for 3D LaparoscopyScott Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Integration of the two technologies is conceptually feasible and would provide the most effective bioengineering method to achieve the visual imaging modalities surgeons require for their daily laparoscopic and endoscopic operation. ..
- Bioswellable Absorbable Monofilament SuturesSHALABY SHALABY; Fiscal Year: 2007..a first generation of swellable sutures with a focus on the absorbable monofilament type and those for use in laparoscopy and microsurgery...
- AUTOMATED LAPAROSCOPE POSITIONING SYSTEMYulun Wang; Fiscal Year: 1993..This phase l effort would allow us to build upon AESOP by testing a new human-interface idea which would significantly improve its usability and acceptance...
- AUTOMATIC SUTURING AND LIGATING DEVICEThomas Egan; Fiscal Year: 1999..These devices, applicable to virtually every form of wound closure, promise significant savings in wound closure time, and therefore cost, as well as improvements in safety and opportunities for less invasive surgery. ..
- ULTRASONIC DEVICES FOR LAPAROSCOPIC TUMOR REMOVALIGOR MALINOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- Psychophysical and Neural Mechanisms of Texture Perception through ProbesTakashi Yoshioka; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of the proposed studies have important implications for designing haptic interfaces such as remote tools used in laparoscopic surgery and tele-surgery. ..
- TRAINING SIMULATOR FOR VIDEO LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERYBRIAN CRAINE; Fiscal Year: 1993..These skills are critical to the safe performance of video laparoscopic surgery and are fundamentally different from the surgical skills routinely taught to surgeons...
- NON-INVASIVE IMMUNODETECTION OF ECTOPIC PREGNANCYDAVID CASAL; Fiscal Year: 1990..regnancy could provide earlier, non-invasive diagnosis of EP, bypassing costly ultrasound r invasive diagnostic laparoscopy. Furthermore, rapid and accurate diagnosis and treatment could lower the rate of tubal rupture thereby lowering ..
- Spectroscopic Polarized-Light-Based LaparoscopyJoseph Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2007We propose to improve the visibility of endometrial lesions during laparoscopy. Specifically, we propose the development of a laparoscopic system in which the polarization of the incident and detected light is controlled...
- VIRTUAL REALITY SURGICAL SIMULATION FOR HEMICHOLECTOMYJONATHAN MERRIL; Fiscal Year: 1993..RealityEngine-based graphics super-computer. HT's goal is to produce complete VR-based simulations at a reasonable price, allowing widespread distribution of these simulations to both institutions and individual physicians...
- VIDEO IMAGE PROCESSING FOR LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERYBRIAN CRAINE; Fiscal Year: 1993..of this project we will characterize the color properties of key anatomical structures as viewed by a video laparoscopy. Specifically the variation of these properties within a single patient throughout the course of the procedure ..
- Videoscopic Drainage of Infected Pancreatic CollectionsKaren Horvath; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term goal is to use data obtained from this study as the basis for a multicenter, Phase III, randomized study comparing the VARD to the current standard of care, open surgical necrosectomy. ..
- Hepatic Arterial Flouridine and IV Bevacizumab for Primary Hepatic MalignancyWilliam Jarnagin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, several important clinical issues are addressed by the proposed correlative studies, the results of which would be of broad general interest in clinical oncology. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Realistic Techniques for Virtual SurgerySuvranu De; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Signaling Targets in GI Neuroendocrine TumorsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The possibility that raf-l-mediated hormone suppression could be induced by a soluble factor would provide a plausible, therapeutic delivery method. ..