Genomes and Genes
Summary: Endoscopic examination, therapy or surgery of the urinary bladder.
Publications290 found, 100 shown here
- A comparison of white-light cystoscopy and narrow-band imaging cystoscopy to detect bladder tumour recurrencesHarry W Herr
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
BJU Int 102:1111-4. 2008To determine whether narrow-band imaging (NBI) cystoscopy enhances the detection of non-muscle-invasive bladder tumours over standard white-light imaging (WLI) cystoscopy, as surveillance WLI is the standard method used to diagnose ..
- Narrow-band imaging flexible cystoscopy in the detection of recurrent urothelial cancer of the bladderRichard T Bryan
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
BJU Int 101:702-5; discussion 705-6. 2008To investigate whether narrow-band imaging (NBI) flexible cystoscopy improves the detection rate of urothelial carcinomas (UCs) of the bladder...
- Fluorescence cystoscopy with high-resolution optical coherence tomography imaging as an adjunct reduces false-positive findings in the diagnosis of urothelial carcinoma of the bladderJoerg Schmidbauer
Department of Urology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur Urol 56:914-9. 2009..Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is a noninvasive, real-time, microstructural imaging modality that uses near-infrared light for a point analysis of the bladder-wall microstructure...
- Bladder tumor detection at virtual cystoscopyJ H Song
Dept of Radiology, University of Michigan Hospital, UH B2B311D 0030, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0030, USA
Radiology 218:95-100. 2001To investigate the utility of computed tomographic (CT) virtual cystoscopy in the detection of bladder tumors.
- Narrow band imaging cystoscopy and bipolar plasma vaporization for large nonmuscle-invasive bladder tumors--results of a prospective, randomized comparison to the standard approachBogdan Geavlete
Department of Urology, Saint John Emergency Clinical Hospital, Bucharest, Romania
Urology 79:846-51. 2012To evaluate the efficacy of narrow band imaging (NBI) cystoscopy associated with bipolar plasma vaporization (BPV) in cases of large nonmuscle-invasive bladder tumors (NMIBTs) compared with white light cystoscopy (WLC) and monopolar ..
- Narrow band imaging cystoscopy improves the detection of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancerEvelyne C C Cauberg
Department of Urology, Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Urology 76:658-63. 2010To determine whether narrow band imaging (NBI) improves detection of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer over white-light imaging (WLI) cystoscopy.
- Intravesical foreign bodies: review and current management strategiesMuhammad Rafique
Department of Urology, Nishtar Medical College, Multan, Pakistan
Urol J 5:223-31. 2008....
- Variability in the recurrence rate at first follow-up cystoscopy after TUR in stage Ta T1 transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: a combined analysis of seven EORTC studiesMaurizio Brausi
Institute Sant Agostino, Estense, Modena, Italy
Eur Urol 41:523-31. 2002To assess the variability between institutions in the recurrence rate at the first follow-up cystoscopy (RR-FFC) after transurethral resection (TUR) in patients with stage Ta T1 bladder cancer.
- Virtual cystoscopy of the contrast material-filled bladder in patients with gross hematuriaJeong Kon Kim
Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, 138 736, South Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 179:763-8. 2002The objective of this study was to evaluate the usefulness of virtual cystoscopy of the contrast material-filled bladder in evaluating patients with gross hematuria.
- Randomized double-blind comparison of lidocaine gel and plain lubricating gel in relieving pain during flexible cystoscopyYung Tai Chen
Department of Urology, Taiwan Adventist Hospital, Taiwan
J Endourol 19:163-6. 2005To compare the pain induced by outpatient flexible cystoscopy in men having local lidocaine jelly application or plain lubricant.
- Rates of urinary tract injury from gynecologic surgery and the role of intraoperative cystoscopyD T Gilmour
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 107:1366-72. 2006To estimate the rates of urinary tract injury after benign gynecologic surgery. To explore the role of routine intraoperative cystoscopy at benign gynecologic surgery.
- [Beyond the photodynamic diagnosis: Searching for excellence in the diagnosis of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer]J Oliva Encina
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Royo Villanova, Zaragoza, Espana
Actas Urol Esp 34:657-68. 2010b>Cystoscopy is gold-standard method in non muscule invasive bladder cancer diagnosis. In the cistoscopic exploratión 30% of tumors could be overlooked: it is due to a flat forms, little size tumours or difficult visualization...
- Virtual cystoscopy in the evaluation of bladder tumorsCisel Yazgan
Department of Radiology, Ankara University Medical Faculty, Ibni Sina Hospital 06100 Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Imaging 28:138-42. 2004The objective of this study was to investigate the value of contrast material-filled virtual cystoscopy in the detection of bladder tumors.
- Detection and clinical outcome of urinary bladder cancer with 5-aminolevulinic acid-induced fluorescence cystoscopy : A multicenter randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialArnulf Stenzl
Medical Center of Eberhard Karls University, Department of Urology, Tubingen, Germany
Cancer 117:938-47. 2011The medical community lacks results from prospective controlled multicenter studies of the diagnostic efficacy of 5-aminolevulinic acid (5-ALA) cystoscopy on tumor recurrence in patients with superficial bladder tumors.
- Can biological markers replace cystoscopy? An updateH G van der Poel
Department of Urology, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital NKI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Urol 11:503-9. 2001b>Cystoscopy is currently considered the gold standard for the detection of bladder tumors. The role of urine cytology in the initial detection and follow-up of patients is under discussion...
- Instillation of anesthetic gel is no longer necessary in the era of flexible cystoscopy: a crossover studyTakashi Kobayashi
Department of Urology, Hamamatsu Rosai Hospital, Hamamatsu, Japan
J Endourol 18:483-6. 2004Whether urethral injection of anesthetic and lubricating gel prior to outpatient flexible cystoscopy is worthwhile with regard to pain tolerance has been investigated only in a parallel randomized study...
- Randomized trial of 10 mL and 20 mL of 2% intraurethral lidocaine gel and placebo in men undergoing flexible cystoscopyN McFarlane
Division of Urology, St. Joseph's Health Care London, University of Western Ontario, Canada
J Endourol 15:541-4. 2001..20 mL of 2% intraurethral lidocaine gel is superior to 10 mL of 2% lidocaine or sterile lubricant for flexible cystoscopy in men. PATIENTS AND METHODS: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial was conducted...
- Outbreak of cystoscopy related infections with Pseudomonas aeruginosa: New Mexico, 2007Aaron M Wendelboe
Epidemic Intelligence Service Program, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Urol 180:588-92; discussion 592. 2008Personnel at the New Mexico Department of Health investigated a Pseudomonas aeruginosa outbreak potentially associated with outpatient cystoscopy performed by a urologist during January 1 to April 22, 2007.
- Lower urinary tract injury during gynecologic surgery and its detection by intraoperative cystoscopyD T Gilmour
Royal Women s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Obstet Gynecol 94:883-9. 1999To review the frequency of lower urinary tract injuries after major gynecologic surgery and the role of routine intraoperative cystoscopy during major gynecologic surgery in the detection of lower urinary tract injuries.
- Narrow-band imaging cystoscopy to evaluate the response to bacille Calmette-Guérin therapy: preliminary resultsHarry W Herr
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
BJU Int 105:314-6. 2010..Diagnostic (exploratory cohort)...
- Narrow-band imaging cystoscopy to evaluate bladder tumours--individual surgeon variabilityHarry Herr
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
BJU Int 106:53-5. 2010..Diagnosis (exploratory cohort) Level of Evidence 2b...
- Photodynamic diagnosis in non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a systematic review and cumulative analysis of prospective studiesIngo Kausch
Department of Urology, University at Lubeck, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Eur Urol 57:595-606. 2010The clinical benefit of photodynamic diagnosis (PDD) with 5-aminolevulinic acid or hexaminolevulinate in addition to white-light cystoscopy (WLC) in bladder cancer has been discussed controversially.
- Narrow band imaging for detecting residual/recurrent cancerous tissue during second transurethral resection of newly diagnosed non-muscle-invasive high-grade bladder cancerAngelo Naselli
Urology Unit, National Institute for Cancer Research, Genoa, Italy
BJU Int 105:208-11. 2010..To determine if narrow-band imaging (NBI) can be used to detect high-grade cancerous lesions missed with the white light at the time of a second transurethral resection (TUR) of high-grade non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC)...
- Optical coherence tomography as an adjunct to white light cystoscopy for intravesical real-time imaging and staging of bladder cancerAlvin C Goh
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030 2706, USA
Urology 72:133-7. 2008..It may provide an extension of conventional cystoscopy by allowing noninvasive examination of bladder tissue at microscopic resolution (10 to 20 microm)...
- Photodynamic diagnosis of bladder cancer compared with white light cystoscopy: Systematic review and meta-analysisGraham Mowatt
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, AB25 2ZD Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 27:3-10. 2011The aim of this study was to assess the test performance and clinical effectiveness of photodynamic diagnosis (PDD) compared with white light cystoscopy (WLC) in people suspected of new or recurrent bladder cancer.
- Comparison of virtual cystoscopy and ultrasonography for bladder cancer detection: a meta-analysisXinhua Qu
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200127, China
Eur J Radiol 80:188-97. 2011..Early detection is crucial for improving patient prognosis. We therefore performed a meta-analysis to evaluate and compare the detection validity (sensitivity and specificity) of virtual cystoscopy (VC) and ultrasonography (US).
- Fluorescence-guided transurethral resection of bladder cancer using hexaminolevulinate: analysis of health economic impact in SwedenPer Uno Malmstrom
Akademiska sjukhuset, Uppsala, Sweden
Scand J Urol Nephrol 43:192-8. 2009..was established to estimate the budget impact on the Swedish health service of using hexaminolevulinate (HAL) in conjunction with white light cystoscopy (WLC) in the management of bladder cancer for 1 year following initial diagnosis.
- Transurethral resection of non-muscle-invasive bladder transitional cell cancers with or without 5-aminolevulinic Acid under visible and fluorescent light: results of a prospective, randomised, multicentre studyMartin C Schumacher
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Department of Urology, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Urol 57:293-9. 2010Fluorescent light (FL)-guided cystoscopy induced by 5-aminolevulinic acid (5-ALA) has been reported to detect more tumours compared with standard white-light (WL) cystoscopy...
- Use of bipolar energy for transurethral resection of superficial bladder tumors: long-term resultsXiao Yong Pu
Department of Urology, Guangdong Provincial People s Hospital, Guangdong, Guangzhou, China
J Endourol 22:545-9. 2008..To evaluate the long-term efficacy and safety of transurethral resection of bladder tumor (TURBT) with bipolar plasmakinetic energy...
- Hexaminolevulinate guided fluorescence cystoscopy reduces recurrence in patients with nonmuscle invasive bladder cancerArnulf Stenzl
Department of Urology, University Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
J Urol 184:1907-13. 2010We assessed the impact that improved detection of nonmuscle invasive bladder cancer with hexaminolevulinate fluorescence cystoscopy may have on early recurrence rates.
- Patient tolerance during cystoscopy: a randomized study comparing lidocaine hydrochloride gel and dimethyl sulfoxide with lidocaineErkan Demir
Department of Urology, Cukurova University Medical Faculty, Adana, Turkey
J Endourol 22:1027-9. 2008b>Cystoscopy is one of the most common examinations in urologic outpatient clinics. Various anesthetic approaches have been used to make cystoscopy more tolerable for patients...
- Cystoscopy and bladder biopsies in patients with bladder pain syndrome carried out following ESSIC guidelinesJean Jacques Wyndaele
Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine, University Antwerp and University Hospital, Antwerp, Belgium
Scand J Urol Nephrol 43:471-5. 2009To evaluate the cystoscopy and histology of bladder biopsies conducted following the European Society for the Study of Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome (ESSIC) recommendations.
- 5-aminolaevulinic acid-induced fluorescence cystoscopy during transurethral resection reduces the risk of recurrence in stage Ta/T1 bladder cancerMarko Babjuk
Department of Urology, General Teaching Hospital, Charles University, Postgraduate Institute, Praha, Czech Republic
BJU Int 96:798-802. 2005To assess the influence of 5-aminolaevulinic acid-induced fluorescence cystoscopy (FC) during transurethral resection (TUR) on the recurrence rate and the length of tumour-free interval in stage Ta/T1 transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of ..
- Accuracy of cystoscopy in predicting histologic features of bladder lesionsD Mitropoulos
First Department of Urology, Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
J Endourol 19:861-4. 2005..Furthermore, we compared the assessments of trainees and experienced urologists...
- Reduced bladder tumour recurrence rate associated with narrow-band imaging surveillance cystoscopyHarry W Herr
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
BJU Int 107:396-8. 2011To evaluate frequency of recurrences among patients with papillary bladder tumours followed sequentially with conventional white-light (WLI) cystoscopy and narrow-band imaging (NBI) cystoscopy.
- Virtual cystoscopy by intravesical instillation of dilute contrast medium: preliminary experienceT A Kishore
Department of Urology, Government Medical College and Gigo s Scan Clinic, Kottayam, Kerala, India
J Urol 175:870-4. 2006We determined whether virtual cystoscopy based on helical data sets can yield urinary capabilities similar to those achieved by fiber-optic cystoscopy.
- Initial experimental evaluation of wireless capsule endoscopes in the bladder: implications for capsule cystoscopyMatthew T Gettman
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Eur Urol 55:1207-12. 2009b>Cystoscopy remains one of the most important diagnostic procedures for the lower urinary tract. Wireless capsule endoscopy was introduced in the 1990s but use to date is limited to gastroenterology.
- Should follow-up cystoscopy in bacillus Calmette-Guérin-treated patients continue after five tumour-free years?Sten Holmang
Department of Urology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur Urol 61:503-7. 2012It is not known how long follow-up cystoscopy in tumour-free bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG)-treated patients should continue.
- NBI cystoscopy and bipolar electrosurgery in NMIBC management - An overview of daily practiceB Geavlete
Sf Ioan Clinical Emergency Hospital, Department of Urology, Bucharest, Romania
J Med Life 6:140-5. 2013..Monopolar transurethral resection of bladder tumors (TURBT) is marked by a substantial morbidity rate requiring further amelioration...
- Outpatient diagnostic of bladder tumours in flexible cystoscopes: evaluation of fluorescence-guided flexible cystoscopy and bladder biopsiesGregers G Hermann
Department of Urology, Copenhagen University, Frederiksberg Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Urol Nephrol 46:31-6. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate photodynamic diagnosis (PDD) in flexible cystoscopes and the diagnostic quality of biopsies for diagnosis of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer in the outpatients department (OPD)...
- Applying narrow-band imaging in complement with white-light imaging cystoscopy in the detection of urothelial carcinoma of the bladderGuangfu Chen
Department of Urology, China PLA General Hospital, Beijinig, P R China
Urol Oncol 31:475-9. 2013To investigate the value of narrow-band imaging (NBI) flexible cystoscopy in the detection of urothelial carcinoma (UC) of the bladder.
- The sensitivity of fluorescent-light cystoscopy for the detection of carcinoma in situ (CIS) of the bladder: a meta-analysis with comments on gold standardBjörn L Isfoss
Department of Pathology, Telemark Hospital, Skien, Norway
BJU Int 108:1703-7. 2011What's known on the subject? and What does the study add? Fluorescent-light cystoscopy has a high sensitivity, relative to that of white light cystoscopy, for carcinoma in situ of the bladder...
- Long-term decrease in bladder cancer recurrence with hexaminolevulinate enabled fluorescence cystoscopyH Barton Grossman
Department of Urology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
J Urol 188:58-62. 2012..We assessed the impact of hexaminolevulinate fluorescence cystoscopic detection of papillary, nonmuscle invasive bladder cancer on the long-term recurrence rate...
- Urinary bladder masses: techniques, imaging spectrum, and stagingManjiri K Dighe
Department of Radiology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98195 7117, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 35:411-24. 2011..Similarly, malignant lesions often have suggestive appearance and/or location. Cystoscopy allows tissue diagnosis and treatment of superficial lesions...
- Evaluation of diagnostic strategies for bladder cancer using computed tomography (CT) urography, flexible cystoscopy and voided urine cytology: results for 778 patients from a hospital haematuria clinicChristopher G T Blick
Department of Urology, The Churchill Hospital, Oxford, UK
BJU Int 110:84-94. 2012..What's known on the subject? and What does the study add? Haematuria clinics with same day imaging and flexible cystoscopy are an efficient way for investigating patients with haematuria...
- Photodynamic diagnosis of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer using hexaminolevulinic acidO Drăgoescu
Department of Urology, Emergency County Hospital of Craiova, Romania
Rom J Morphol Embryol 52:123-7. 2011Bladder cancer (BC) is the most common tumor of the urinary tract. White light cystoscopy (WLC) is currently considered the standard investigation for diagnosis of bladder tumors...
- Listening to music during cystoscopy decreases anxiety, pain, and dissatisfaction in patients: a pilot randomized controlled trialJeong Kyun Yeo
Department of Urology, Seoul Park Hospital, College of Medicine, Inje University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Endourol 27:459-62. 2013To determine whether listening to music during cystoscopy decreases anxiety, pain, and dissatisfaction among patients and results in a more comfortable and better-tolerated procedure.
- Fluorescence and white light cystoscopy for detection of carcinoma in situ of the urinary bladderSeth P Lerner
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Urol Oncol 30:285-9. 2012To understand the additional benefits of HAL compared with conventional cystoscopy at the patient level and to explore relationships of urine cytology and CIS.
- Treatment changes and long-term recurrence rates after hexaminolevulinate (HAL) fluorescence cystoscopy: does it really make a difference in patients with non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC)?Bogdan Geavlete
Department of Urology, Saint John Emergency Clinical Hospital, Bucharest, Romania
BJU Int 109:549-56. 2012To evaluate in a prospective, randomized study the impact of hexaminolevulinate blue-light cystoscopy (HAL-BLC) on the diagnostic accuracy and treatment changes in cases of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC) compared with ..
- NMP-22, urinary cytology, and cystoscopy: a 1 year comparison studyAnthony Schlake
Department of Surgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Can J Urol 19:6345-50. 2012Bladder cancer diagnosis and surveillance is costly and frequent. Urinary cytology is used with cystoscopy in the diagnosis and surveillance of bladder cancer with little evidence to support this practice...
- Detection of bladder tumors with 3-dimensional sonography and virtual sonographic cystoscopyErcan Kocakoc
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, 23119, Elazig, Turkey
J Ultrasound Med 27:45-53. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the potential value of 3-dimensional (3D) sonography and sonographic cystoscopy in detection of bladder tumors.
- The value of cystoscopy and intravenous urography after magnetic resonance imaging or computed tomography in the staging of cervical carcinomaH Chung
Department of Urology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 42:527-31. 2001..This study involves a determination of the value of routine cystoscopy and intravenous urography, in the detection of bladder invasion or hydronephrosis resulting from cervical ..
- Preoperative cystoscopy is beneficial in selection of patients for laparoscopic repair of intraperitoneal bladder ruptureDavid S Yee
Department of Urology, University of California, Irvine, Orange, California 92868, USA
J Endourol 21:1145-8. 2007..We describe our preoperative evaluation and laparoscopic technique in a case of isolated intraperitoneal bladder rupture secondary to trauma...
- An assessment of the clinical utility of transperineal urethrosphincteric block (TUSB) in outpatient rigid cystoscopy: a single-blind, randomized studyAdel Al-Hunayan
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Int Urol Nephrol 41:47-53. 2009Pain control in outpatient rigid cystoscopy is often achieved via the application of intraurethral lidocaine jelly...
- Detection of bladder cancer recurrence with real-time three-dimensional ultrasonography-based virtual cystoscopyF Gulsen
Department of Radiology, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Int Med Res 39:2264-72. 2011..two-dimensional (2D) ultrasonography and real-time threedimensional (3D) ultrasonography-based virtual cystoscopy for detecting early recurrence of bladder cancer in previously treated patients (n = 40)...
- Office cystoscopy and transrectal ultrasound-guided prostate biopsies pose minimal risk: prospective evaluation of 921 proceduresSurena F Matin
Department of Urology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Urology 73:1175-8. 2009..We determined whether cystoscopy and transrectal ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy performed in the office setting pose minimal risk to patients.
- Accuracy of cystoscopy in the diagnosis of ureteral injury in benign gynecologic surgeryVani Dandolu
Depertment of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Urogynecology, Temple University Hospital, 3401 N Broad Street, Seventh Floor, Outpatient Building, PA 19140, Philadelphia, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 14:427-31. 2003..We analyzed hospital records to determine whether the injury was diagnosed intraoperatively, with postprocedure cystoscopy, or if cystoscopy was ineffective in diagnosing the injury...
- New optical imaging technologies for bladder cancer: considerations and perspectivesJen Jane Liu
Department of Urology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Urol 188:361-8. 2012..Detection relies on white light cystoscopy accuracy and comprehensiveness...
- Diagnostic rigid endoscopy: otoscopy, rhinoscopy, and cystoscopyClarence A Rawlings
Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 7390, USA
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 39:849-68. 2009..Textbooks, "hands-on" courses, and in-hospital training are methods for learning about these techniques and their applications. In addition to improving diagnostics, endoscopy can also be used for therapy in these three body areas...
- Computed tomographic appearance of urachal carcinoma associated with urachal diverticulum misdiagnosed by cystoscopyHaruhiko Machida
Departments of Radiology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Medical Center East, 2 1 10 Nishiogu, Arakawa ku, Tokyo, 116 8567, Japan
Abdom Imaging 33:363-6. 2008..We present a surgical case of this condition that was initially diagnosed as bladder urothelial carcinoma by cystoscopy, but was then correctly diagnosed by computed tomography (CT)...
- Revisiting the role of computerized tomographic scan and cystoscopy for detecting bladder invasion in the revised FIGO staging system for carcinoma of the uterine cervixDaya Nand Sharma
Department of Radiation Oncology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:368-72. 2010..the cervix encourages use of computerized tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging and does not recommend cystoscopy as a mandatory investigation. But the revision has not defined which patients should undergo cystoscopy...
- Diagnostic potential of virtual cystoscopy of the bladder: MRI vs CT. Preliminary reportT M Bernhardt
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Eur Radiol 13:305-12. 2003..the diagnostic potential of the half-Fourier acquired single-shot turbo spin echo (HASTE) sequence for MRI cystoscopy compared with CT cystoscopy and the gold standard conventional cystoscopy...
- Microsatellite analysis--DNA test in urine competes with cystoscopy in follow-up of superficial bladder carcinoma: a phase II trialB W van Rhijn
Department of Pathology, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer 92:768-75. 2001..METHODS: Matched blood and urine samples from 109 patients were obtained before cystoscopy and subjected to MA. The BTA stat test (Bard Diagnostic Sciences, Inc...
- Comparison of virtual cystoscopy and transabdominal ultrasonography with conventional cystoscopy for bladder tumor detectionRoberto Iglesias Lopes
Sociedade Beneficente de Senhoras Hospital Sírio Libanês, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Endourol 22:1725-9. 2008We compare virtual cystoscopy (VC) and transabdominal ultrasonography (US) with conventional cystoscopy (CC),the gold standard, for detection of bladder tumors.
- Immediate versus delayed outpatient flexible cystoscopy: final report of a randomized studyH W Herr
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Can J Urol 8:1406-8. 2001PURPOSE: To evaluate discomfort experienced by men undergoing an immediate versus delayed outpatient flexible cystoscopy after topical local anesthesia...
- Virtual computed tomography cystoscopy in bladder pathologiesHalil Arslan
Department of Radiology, Yuzuncu Yil University School of Medicine, Van, Turkey
Int Braz J Urol 32:147-54; discussion 154. 2006Assessed the usefulness of virtual cystoscopy performed with multidetector computed tomography (CT) in patients with different urinary bladder pathologies compared to the conventional cystoscopy.
- Does increasing hydrostatic pressure ("bag squeeze") during flexible cystoscopy improve patient comfort: a randomized, controlled studyThiru Gunendran
Department of Urology, Blackburn Royal Infirmary, Blackburn, United Kingdom
Urology 72:255-8; discussion 258-9. 2008..To determine whether increased hydrostatic pressure by simple manual compression ("bag squeeze") of the irrigation solution bag (500 mL of 0.9% saline) during passage of the flexible cystoscope will reduce patient discomfort...
- Comparison of hexaminolevulinate based flexible and rigid fluorescence cystoscopy with rigid white light cystoscopy in bladder cancer: results of a prospective Phase II studyJ Alfred Witjes
Department of Urology, University Medical Centre, St Radboud, Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 47:319-22. 2005Several studies have shown that rigid fluorescence cystoscopy (RFC) with hexaminolevulinate (HAL) is superior to standard rigid white light (RWLC) cystoscopy in diagnosing bladder tumours, with a clinically relevant impact on the patient'..
- Virtual endoscopy of the urinary tractGeorge C Kagadis
Department of Medical Physics, School of Medicine, University of Patras, GR 26500 Rion, Greece
Asian J Androl 8:31-8. 2006..Several clinical studies have validated the diagnostic utility of virtual cystoscopy, which has high sensitivity and specificity rates in the detection of bladder tumor...
- Urinary tract injury during hysterectomy based on universal cystoscopyOkechukwu A Ibeanu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Obstet Gynecol 113:6-10. 2009..To estimate the incidence and location of injury to the urinary tract during hysterectomy for benign gynecologic disease...
- Early detection of urothelial premalignant lesions using hexaminolevulinate fluorescence cystoscopy in high risk patientsSalvatore Blanco
Department of Urology, San Gerardo Hospital, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
J Transl Med 8:122. 2010To evaluate fluorescence cystoscopy with hexaminolevulinate (HAL) in the early detection of dysplasia (DYS) and carcinoma in situ (CIS) in select high risk patients.
- Bladder tumors: virtual MR cystoscopyE Suleyman
Department of Radiology, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Abdom Imaging 31:483-9. 2006Virtual cystoscopy is a promising new technique based on computer-simulated rendering of the inner surface of the urinary bladder using volumetric magnetic resonance (MR) imaging data, thus enabling maneuvers that normally are not ..
- Fast construction of panoramic images for cystoscopic explorationY Hernandez-Mier
Centre de Recherche en Automatique de Nancy, UMR 7039 Nancy University CNRS, 2 Avenue de la Foret de Haye, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Comput Med Imaging Graph 34:579-92. 2010b>Cystoscopy is used as a reference clinical examination in the detection and visualization of pathological bladder lesions...
- The prevalence of interstitial cystitis, endometriosis, adhesions, and vulvar pain in women with chronic pelvic painEdward J Stanford
Department of Urogynecology Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Mary s Good Samaritan Hospital, Centralia, Illinois 62801, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 12:43-9. 2005..To estimate the prevalence of bladder-origin pain, intraperitoneal pathology, and vulvar pain in patients undergoing laparoscopy for chronic pelvic pain (CPP)...
- Multiple intravesical linear staples identified during surveillance cystoscopy after laparoscopic nephroureterectomySteven M Baughman
Urology Flight, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas 78236 5300, USA
Urology 62:351. 2003..Surveillance cystoscopy at 6 months revealed a nearly complete intravesical titanium staple line without encrustation...
- Patients with a negative cystoscopy and negative Nmp22® Bladderchek® test are at low risk of missed transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: a prospective evaluationJohn D Terrell
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Int Braz J Urol 37:706-11. 2011..We evaluated whether cytology provides additional diagnostic information in patients with a negative NMP22® BladderChek® test (BladderChek) and negative cystoscopy.
- The role of hexaminolevulinate fluorescence cystoscopy in bladder cancerJ Alfred Witjes
Department of Urology, University Medical Centre, St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Nat Clin Pract Urol 4:542-9. 2007..Significant costs are attributable to the treatment of recurrences and complications. Fluorescence-guided cystoscopy, using 5-aminolevulinic acid (ALA) or its hexyl ester, hexaminolevulinate 5-ALA (Hexvix [HAL], Photocure, Oslo, ..
- Investigating the relationship between virtual cystoscopy image quality and CT slice thicknessS Lalondrelle
Academic Urology Unit, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust and Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Br J Radiol 85:1112-7. 2012To investigate the effect of reconstruction slice thickness on image quality at CT virtual cystoscopy (VC).
- Computed tomographic virtual cystoscopy for the detection of urinary bladder neoplasmsA Ch Tsili
Department of Clinical Radiology, University Hospital of Ioannina, Platia Pargis, 2, Ioannina 45332, Greece
Eur Urol 46:579-85. 2004To evaluate the role of computed tomographic virtual cystoscopy (CTVC) in the detection of bladder neoplasms and to compare CTVC at conventional and reduced milliAmperes-second (mAs) settings.
- Diagnostic potential of three-dimensional ultrasound-based virtual cystoscopy: an experimental study using pig bladdersMin Hoan Moon
Department of Radiology, Cheil General Hospital and Women s Healthcare Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Invest Radiol 41:883-9. 2006We sought to investigate the feasibility of 3-dimensional ultrasound (3D US)-based virtual cystoscopy in experimentally designed bladder phantoms using pig bladders.
- Effect of flexible cystoscopy on serum prostate-specific antigen valuesBrian J DeCastro
Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington 98431, USA
Urology 73:237-40. 2009To determine the effect of flexible cystoscopy on the total, free, and percent-free prostate-specific antigen (PSA) values in male volunteers. Flexible cystoscopy is the standard method of evaluation of the bladder and urethra...
- Effectiveness of fetal cystoscopy as a diagnostic and therapeutic intervention for lower urinary tract obstruction: a systematic reviewR K Morris
School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 37:629-37. 2011To determine the effectiveness of fetal cystoscopy in the prenatal diagnosis of and intervention for congenital lower urinary tract obstruction.
- Non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer surveillance for which cystoscopy is partly replaced by microsatellite analysis of urine: a cost-effective alternative?Esther W de Bekker-Grob
Department of Urology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, Netherlands
BJU Int 104:41-7. 2009..analysis (MA) markers in voided urine samples should be to make a surveillance procedure cost-effective in which cystoscopy is partly replaced by MA for patients with non-muscle-invasive urothelial carcinoma (NMI-UC)...
- HAL fluorescence cystoscopy and TURB one year of Romanian experienceB Geavlete
Saint Iohn Clinical Emergency Hospital, Department of Urology, 13 Vitan Barzesti Street, Sector 4, Code 042122, Bucharest, Romania
J Med Life 2:185-90. 2009Hexaminolevulinate blue light cystoscopy (HAL-BLC) represents an increasingly acknowledged method in bladder cancer diagnostic...
- Impact of patient's self-viewing of flexible cystoscopy on pain using a visual analog scale in a randomized controlled trialKashifuddin Q Soomro
Department of Surgery, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Urology 77:21-3. 2011To investigate the difference in pain score of patients allowed to view their flexible cystoscopy procedure compared with those who have not viewed the procedure on the video monitor.
- Fetal cystoscopy for severe lower urinary tract obstruction--initial experience of a single centerRodrigo Ruano
Obstetrics Department, Faculty of Medicine, Sao Paulo University, Rua Valentim Magalhães 100, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Prenat Diagn 30:30-9. 2010To report the experience with fetal cystoscopy and laser fulguration of posterior urethral values (PUV) for severe lower urinary tract obstruction (LUTO).
- Local and global panoramic imaging for fluorescence bladder endoscopyAlexander Behrens
Institute of Imaging and Computer Vision, RWTH Aachen University, 52056 Aachen, Germany
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:6990-3. 2009..Apart from the global panorama computation itself, we therefore analyze these distortions, and provide an alternative visualization which is based on bladder depictions used in standard reporting forms and anatomy textbooks...
- Cystoscopy revisited as the gold standard for detecting bladder cancer recurrence: diagnostic review bias in the randomized, prospective CEFUB trialMadelon N M van der Aa
Department of Pathology, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Urol 183:76-80. 2010We evaluated the influence of knowledge of urine test outcome on the accuracy of cystoscopy (diagnostic review bias) during surveillance in patients with low grade, nonmuscle invasive urothelial carcinoma.
- Does photodynamic transurethral resection of bladder tumour improve the outcome of initial T1 high-grade bladder cancer? A long-term follow-up of a randomized studyStefan Denzinger
Department of Urology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
BJU Int 101:566-9. 2008..To evaluate, in a long-term follow-up of T1 high-grade bladder cancer treated in a prospective, randomized trial, whether fluorescence diagnosis (FD) increases recurrence-free survival (RFS) or reduces progression to muscle-invasive stages...
- Nine episodes of anaphylaxis following cystoscopy caused by Cidex OPA (ortho-phthalaldehyde) high-level disinfectant in 4 patients after cytoscopyWilliam N Sokol
University of California, Irvine College of Medicine, Newport Beach, CA 92660, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:392-7. 2004..Ortho-phthalaldehyde (OPA) is a high-level disinfectant commonly used for processing heat-sensitive medical devices...
- Narrow-band imaging flexible cystoscopy: a new user's experienceRichard T Bryan
Department of Public Health, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and School of Cancer Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Endourol 24:1339-43. 2010..previously an improved detection rate for bladder cancer recurrences with narrow-band imaging (NBI) flexible cystoscopy when compared with conventional white-light imaging (WLI) flexible cystoscopy...
- Screening cystoscopy and biopsy in patients with neuropathic bladder and chronic suprapubic indwelling catheters: is it valid?R Hamid
Spinal Injuries Unit, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, Middlesex, United Kingdom
J Urol 170:425-7. 2003Screening for bladder malignancy in patients with neuropathic bladder and a chronic indwelling catheter by cystoscopy and biopsy is commonly performed. Despite this practice the test has not been fully validated to date...
- Hexaminolevulinate-guided fluorescence cystoscopy in the diagnosis and follow-up of patients with non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: review of the evidence and recommendationsJ Alfred Witjes
UMC St Radboud, Netherlands, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 57:607-14. 2010Compared with standard white-light cystoscopy, photodynamic diagnosis with blue light and the photosensitiser hexaminolevulinate has been shown to improve the visualisation of bladder tumours, reduce residual tumour rates by at least 20%, ..
- Acquisition of flexible cystoscopy skills on a virtual reality simulator by experts and novicesBarbara M A Schout
VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BJU Int 105:234-9. 2010..on the URO Mentor significantly improve novices' performance in terms of time, trauma, areas inspected and Global Rating Scale (GRS) score?; (ii) is discrimination between different levels of expertise possible using the URO Mentor?..
- Diagnostic efficiency of multidetector computed tomography with multiplanar reformatted imaging and virtual cystoscopy in the assessment of bladder tumors after transurethral resectionMustafa Koplay
Department of Radiology, Medical Faculty, Dumlupinar University, Kutahya, Turkey
J Comput Assist Tomogr 34:121-6. 2010In the assessment of recurrent bladder tumors, diagnostic efficiency of virtual cystoscopy carried out by multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) was investigated and compared with the criterion standard of conventional cystoscopy.
- Comparison of CT virtual cystoscopy of the contrast material-filled bladder with conventional cystoscopy in the diagnosis of bladder tumoursA S Kivrak
Department of Radiology, Selcuk University Meram Faculty of Medicine, Konya, Turkey
Clin Radiol 64:30-7. 2009To investigate the value of virtual cystoscopy using contrast material to fill the bladder during routine abdominopelvic computed tomography (CT) examinations for the detection of bladder tumours.
- Do we need to perform cystoscopy on all adults attending urology centres as outpatients?V Kumar
The Whittington Hospital, London, UK
Urol Int 73:198-200; discussion 200. 2004There has been considerable expansion in the use of flexible cystoscopy (FC) and people who can perform the procedure. Hence, there is a criticism that this procedure is being overused with no management benefit.
- The community-based morbidity of flexible cystoscopyD M Burke
Department of Urology, Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport, UK
BJU Int 89:347-9. 2002To evaluate patients' experience after flexible cystoscopy (FC), particularly concentrating on the prevalence and degree of symptoms, the frequency of visits to their General Practitioner (GP), subsequent antibiotic rates and the actual ..
- Combining hand assisted laparoscopic nephroureterectomy with cystoscopic circumferential excision of the distal ureter without primary closure of the bladder cuff--is it safe?Eliecer Kurzer
Division of Endourology and Laparoscopy, Department of Urology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
J Urol 175:63-7; discussion 67-8. 2006..We report the oncological sequelae in patients who underwent HAL-NU using our technique of complete ureteral removal...
- Validation of a flexible cystoscopy courseJ Shah
Academic Surgical Unit, Imperial College School of Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
BJU Int 90:833-5. 2002To examine the instructional effectiveness of a course for nurses wishing to learn flexible cystoscopy, using a virtual reality flexible cystoscopy simulator to measure the outcome.
- Analysis of a computer based simulator as an educational tool for cystoscopy: subjective and objective resultsMatthew T Gettman
Department of Urology, Mayo Medical School and Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55906, USA
J Urol 179:267-71. 2008Resident education in cystoscopy has traditionally relied on clinical instruction. However, simulators are now available outside the clinical setting. We evaluated a simulator for flexible and rigid cystoscopy.
- Improving Colonoscopy Quality through Automated MonitoringPiet C de Groen; Fiscal Year: 2010..itself for rapid adaptation to other endoscopic medical procedures such as upper gastrointestinal endoscopy, cystoscopy, arthroscopy and bronchoscopy...
- Optically-Guided Bladder Biopsy Using Polarized Elastic Scattering SpectroscopyFREDERICK GEORGE BARGOOT; Fiscal Year: 2010..Detection currently depends on visual examination by white light cystoscopy. This is generally performed when a patient presents with symptoms like hematuria or abnormal cells in the urine...
- An Innovative Endoscopic Instrument with Full-Field Viewing and Intelligent ImagiSTEVEN YI; Fiscal Year: 2010..for the next generation cystoscopy, neuroendoscopy, laparoscopy, etc...
- Pelvic Floor Disorders Network - Duke University Clinical SiteAnthony G Visco; Fiscal Year: 2013..DUMC offers a wide range of diagnostic resources: multi-channel urodynamic testing, video urodynamics, cystoscopy, defecography, pelvic MRI, endoanal ultrasound, and needle electromyography...
- MicroRNA Related Genetic Variation in Bladder Cancer Recurrence and SurvivalBROCK CLARKE CHRISTENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..of recurrence, the clinical management of bladder cancer includes routine screening of patients with invasive cystoscopy, resulting in significant patient morbidity...
- Super-Zoom Endoscope (SuZE)MIKHAIL A GUTIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The primary application of SuZE is envisioned in indourology, including cystoscopy, ureteroscopy, lithotripsy, transurethral bladder tumor resection, bladder biopsies, fulguration, and radical ..
- The Quality of Care in Evaluating Patients Suspected of Having Bladder CancerDaniel A Barocas; Fiscal Year: 2013..Network (NCCN) call for evaluation of persons presenting with suspicion for urothelial carcinoma using office cystoscopy (endoscopic evaluation of the bladder) to rule out BC and, in many instances, an imaging study of the kidneys ..
- A New Approach for the Non-Invasive Detection of Bladder CancerChristopher Sears; Fiscal Year: 2009..Conventional diagnostic methods that involve cystoscopy and cytology are either invasive (cystoscopy), or are relatively insensitive (cytology)...
- Optical Imaging of Bladder Cancer with Molecular Contrast AgentsJoseph C Liao; Fiscal Year: 2013..The current standard for bladder cancer diagnosis relies on white light cystoscopy (WLC) and cystoscopic excisional biopsy for pathologic confirmation and local staging...
- Aurora Kinase A as a Biomarker for the Detection of Bladder CancerBogdan A Czerniak; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the United States through a variety of non-invasive (urine) and minimally invasive (bladder barbotage, cystoscopy, and biopsy) techniques...
- Towards a non-invasive molecular test for bladder cancerSteve Goodison; Fiscal Year: 2010..Patients with superficial tumors are under continued surveillance by routine cystoscopy examinations of the bladder for early detection of new tumor developments...
- Foley Urological Catheter Insertion Tool and MethodTHOMAS WILLIAM WINEGAR; Fiscal Year: 2011..The procedure is also likely to be much faster than, for instance, urethral dilation or cystoscopy. Patient comfort is expected to be greatly enhanced...
- Development of molecular assays for non-invasive bladder cancer detectionSteve Goodison; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, once treated, patients are under continued surveillance with routine cystoscopy for detection of new tumor development, so the healthcare costs of BCa are a major burden...
- MARKERS OF EXFOLIATED BENIGN AND MALIGNANT BLADDER CELLSCarlos Cordon Cardo; Fiscal Year: 1991..cells, histology of resected tumors, flow cytometry of cell suspensions and bladder irrigation specimens, cystoscopy and biopsy findings; and a sequential evaluation of all the parameters mentioned above during follow- up of ..
- Video Rate Optical Coherence Tomography for Early Stage Cancer VisualizationPaul Amazeen; Fiscal Year: 2009..could significantly decrease the recurrence rate of disease and thereby decrease the frequency of follow-up cystoscopy evaluations...
- A Case Control Study of Interstitial CystitisJohn Warren; Fiscal Year: 2006..Using criteria established by the NIDDK, the diagnosis can be made by objective visible findings at cystoscopy. However, IC remains a disease of unknown etiology, inconvenient diagnosis, and unclear natural history...
- Texture-Based CAD for Cancer Screening from 3D ImagesJEROME LIANG; Fiscal Year: 2007..Virtual colonoscopy (VCon) and virtual cystoscopy (VCys), as new procedures in which computed tomographic (CT) or magnetic resonance (MR) images of the patient&..
- Texture-Based CAD for Cancer Screening from 3D ImagesJEROME LIANG; Fiscal Year: 2009..Virtual colonoscopy (VCon) and virtual cystoscopy (VCys), as new procedures in which computed tomographic (CT) or magnetic resonance (MR) images of the patient&..
- SELECTED MARKERS IN NONINVASIVE BLADDER TUMORSFRITZ HERZ; Fiscal Year: 1992..papillary tumors of the bladder in patients who, after initial surgical tumor excision, are being followed by cystoscopy and cytology without further treatment...
- VOLUME MICROPROBE TM ASSISTED BLADDER BIOPSYRobert Nordstrom; Fiscal Year: 1999..in earlier identification of occult TCCA, lowering progression to invasion and might half the biopsies per cystoscopy. Annual medical care costs would be reduced by about 31 million...
- Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network CPCRNJ Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2007..Nickel as PI has the experience, expertise and the proven ability to design, implement and enroll patients with CPPS in clinical studies and will be a valuable partner in the proposed CPCRN and UCPPSCG. ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN)J Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2007..site with Dr. Nickel as PI has the experience, expertise and the proven ability to design, implement and enroll patients with IC in clinical strudies and will be a valuable partner in the proposed ICCRN and UCPPSCG. ..
- CHARACTERIZATION & TREATMENT OF CATEGORY III PROSTATITISJ Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2003..Results from this 3 part study will be analyzed and correlated between groups and within groups, both concurrently and sequentially. ..
- Chemoprevention of murine urinary bladder carcinogenesisAshish Kamat; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Volume-Outcomes in Incontinence SurgeryJennifer Anger; Fiscal Year: 2005..The primary outcome will be re-operation rates, repeat sling procedures (for failures), and other postoperative complications, stratified by high and low volume surgeons and hospitals. ..
- Dietary Oxalate and Kidney Stone FormationDEAN GEORGE ASSIMOS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This translation of laboratory based findings to the clinic should be adatable to reducing a number of dietary associated risk factors and in individuals with stones other than calcium oxalate. ..
- Cesarean After Sphincter Tear (CAST) RCT Planning GrantAnthony Visco; Fiscal Year: 2005..The upfront investment of time and resources will result in the submission of an efficient and well-designed R01 application that can be implemented in a timely fashion. ..
- Bladder Cancer and Urinary Schistosomiasis in GhanaClive Shiff; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- GENETIC STUDIES OF DEPRESSIVE DISORDERSMyrna Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Understanding the etiology of PD will eventually facilitate the development of more effective treatment and preventive intervention. ..
- INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS TRIALS GROUPGrannum Sant; Fiscal Year: 2003..The data obtained from these randomized controlled studies will define the effectivenes of various therapies for IC and improve the quality of life of patients suffering from IC. ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN)Grannum Sant; Fiscal Year: 2003..The collaboration with the UCPPSCG will better define the urological pelvic pain syndromes (male and female) and lead to better classification and treatment outcomes. ..
- URINE LOSS AND PROLAPSE IN NUNS AND THEIR PAROUS SISTERSGUNHILDE BUCHSBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2003..A matched pair logistic regression will be performed to obtain an adjusted estimate of the impact of familiality and vaginal delivery in UT and POP, taking into account other risk factors. ..
- BIOENGINEERING OF BLADDER TISSUESAnthony Atala; Fiscal Year: 2003..In this aim we will attempt to determine the phenotypic and functional characteristics, over time, of the bioengineered bladder tissues, as compared to controls. ..
- Validation of Medicare Claims to Define Chemotherapy UseDeborah Schrag; Fiscal Year: 2005..This knowledge has the potential to lay the groundwork for development of an inexpensive and efficient system for monitoring and improving the quality of US cancer care. ..
- Noninvasive Diagnosis of Early Bladder Cancers with Optical Coherence TomographyYingtian Pan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Current medical imaging methods (e.g., x-ray, CT, MRI, ultrasound and conventional cystoscopy) are inadequate because of their resolution limitations...
- GENETICS OF EARLY-ONSET MAJOR DEPRESSIONMyrna Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research NetworkChristopher Payne; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Children of Depressed Mothers: a STAR*D Ancillary StudyMyrna Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2005..will moderate the effect. If it is shown that successfully treating maternal depression is associated with diminished risk in offspring, the finding would have wide ranging public health implications. ..
- Parental Remission from Depression and Child PsychopathologyMyrna M Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2010..At a time when the treatment of depressed and anxious children is uncertain, new strategies are needed. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF CHRONIC PELVIC PAINJ Clemens; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR AND BIOCHEMICAL STUDY OF COLLAGEN IN PROLAPSEAnthony Visco; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study would be the first large-scale comprehensive description of collagen cross-linking, lysine hydroxylation, and of genes coding for enzymes involved in the cross-linking process, in patients with pelvic organ prolapse. ..
- Insulin Producing Cells from Amniotic Stem Cells for Diabetes TherapyAnthony Atala; Fiscal Year: 2009..Successful development of an abundant source of transplantable insulin producing cells potentially would have a profound impact on the treatment of a major public health problem. ..
- ATP-Sensitive K Channels in Renal Proximal TubuleAlan Segal; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..