Genomes and Genes
Summary: Endoscopic examination, therapy or surgery of the urinary bladder.
Publications266 found, 100 shown here
- A comparison of white-light cystoscopy and narrow-band imaging cystoscopy to detect bladder tumour recurrencesHarry W Herr
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
BJU Int 102:1111-4. 2008To determine whether narrow-band imaging (NBI) cystoscopy enhances the detection of non-muscle-invasive bladder tumours over standard white-light imaging (WLI) cystoscopy, as surveillance WLI is the standard method used to diagnose ..
- Narrow-band imaging flexible cystoscopy in the detection of recurrent urothelial cancer of the bladderRichard T Bryan
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
BJU Int 101:702-5; discussion 705-6. 2008To investigate whether narrow-band imaging (NBI) flexible cystoscopy improves the detection rate of urothelial carcinomas (UCs) of the bladder...
- Improving the management of bladder cancer with fluorescence cystoscopyH Barton Grossman
Department of Urology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 1373, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 26:143-7. 2007Endoscopic visualization (cystoscopy) and transurethral resection are effective, well-tolerated diagnostic and treatment techniques for bladder cancer...
- A phase III, multicenter comparison of hexaminolevulinate fluorescence cystoscopy and white light cystoscopy for the detection of superficial papillary lesions in patients with bladder cancerH Barton Grossman
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA, and L Hotel Dieu de Québec, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Canada
J Urol 178:62-7. 2007We compared hexaminolevulinate fluorescence cystoscopy with white light cystoscopy for detecting Ta and T1 papillary lesions in patients with bladder cancer.
- Midazolam anesthesia during rigid and flexible cystoscopyYun Seob Song
Department of Urology, Soonchunhyang School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Urol Res 35:139-42. 2007The objective of this study was to investigate the usefulness and safety of midazolam-induced anesthesia for cystoscopy. From September 2005 to March 2006, 80 patients scheduled for regular outpatient follow-up cystoscopy participated in ..
- Narrow band imaging cystoscopy improves the detection of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancerEvelyne C C Cauberg
Department of Urology, Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Urology 76:658-63. 2010To determine whether narrow band imaging (NBI) improves detection of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer over white-light imaging (WLI) cystoscopy.
- Variability in the recurrence rate at first follow-up cystoscopy after TUR in stage Ta T1 transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: a combined analysis of seven EORTC studiesMaurizio Brausi
Institute Sant Agostino, Estense, Modena, Italy
Eur Urol 41:523-31. 2002To assess the variability between institutions in the recurrence rate at the first follow-up cystoscopy (RR-FFC) after transurethral resection (TUR) in patients with stage Ta T1 bladder cancer.
- Intravesical foreign bodies: review and current management strategiesMuhammad Rafique
Department of Urology, Nishtar Medical College, Multan, Pakistan
Urol J 5:223-31. 2008....
- Lower urinary tract injury during gynecologic surgery and its detection by intraoperative cystoscopyD T Gilmour
Royal Women s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Obstet Gynecol 94:883-9. 1999To review the frequency of lower urinary tract injuries after major gynecologic surgery and the role of routine intraoperative cystoscopy during major gynecologic surgery in the detection of lower urinary tract injuries.
- Urinary bladder masses: techniques, imaging spectrum, and stagingManjiri K Dighe
Department of Radiology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98195 7117, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 35:411-24. 2011..Similarly, malignant lesions often have suggestive appearance and/or location. Cystoscopy allows tissue diagnosis and treatment of superficial lesions...
- Virtual cystoscopy by intravesical instillation of dilute contrast medium: preliminary experienceT A Kishore
Department of Urology, Government Medical College and Gigo s Scan Clinic, Kottayam, Kerala, India
J Urol 175:870-4. 2006We determined whether virtual cystoscopy based on helical data sets can yield urinary capabilities similar to those achieved by fiber-optic cystoscopy.
- Bladder tumor detection at virtual cystoscopyJ H Song
Dept of Radiology, University of Michigan Hospital, UH B2B311D 0030, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0030, USA
Radiology 218:95-100. 2001To investigate the utility of computed tomographic (CT) virtual cystoscopy in the detection of bladder tumors.
- Narrow band imaging for detecting residual/recurrent cancerous tissue during second transurethral resection of newly diagnosed non-muscle-invasive high-grade bladder cancerAngelo Naselli
Urology Unit, National Institute for Cancer Research, Genoa, Italy
BJU Int 105:208-11. 2010..To determine if narrow-band imaging (NBI) can be used to detect high-grade cancerous lesions missed with the white light at the time of a second transurethral resection (TUR) of high-grade non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC)...
- Photodynamic diagnosis in non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a systematic review and cumulative analysis of prospective studiesIngo Kausch
Department of Urology, University at Lubeck, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Eur Urol 57:595-606. 2010The clinical benefit of photodynamic diagnosis (PDD) with 5-aminolevulinic acid or hexaminolevulinate in addition to white-light cystoscopy (WLC) in bladder cancer has been discussed controversially.
- Narrow-band imaging cystoscopy to evaluate bladder tumours--individual surgeon variabilityHarry Herr
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
BJU Int 106:53-5. 2010..Diagnosis (exploratory cohort) Level of Evidence 2b...
- Narrow-band imaging cystoscopy to evaluate the response to bacille Calmette-Guérin therapy: preliminary resultsHarry W Herr
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
BJU Int 105:314-6. 2010..Study Type - Diagnostic (exploratory cohort) Level of Evidence 2b...
- Preoperative cystoscopy is beneficial in selection of patients for laparoscopic repair of intraperitoneal bladder ruptureDavid S Yee
Department of Urology, University of California, Irvine, Orange, California 92868, USA
J Endourol 21:1145-8. 2007..We describe our preoperative evaluation and laparoscopic technique in a case of isolated intraperitoneal bladder rupture secondary to trauma...
- An assessment of the clinical utility of transperineal urethrosphincteric block (TUSB) in outpatient rigid cystoscopy: a single-blind, randomized studyAdel Al-Hunayan
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Int Urol Nephrol 41:47-53. 2009Pain control in outpatient rigid cystoscopy is often achieved via the application of intraurethral lidocaine jelly...
- The value of cystoscopy and intravenous urography after magnetic resonance imaging or computed tomography in the staging of cervical carcinomaH Chung
Department of Urology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 42:527-31. 2001..This study involves a determination of the value of routine cystoscopy and intravenous urography, in the detection of bladder invasion or hydronephrosis resulting from cervical ..
- NMP-22, urinary cytology, and cystoscopy: a 1 year comparison studyAnthony Schlake
Department of Surgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Can J Urol 19:6345-50. 2012Bladder cancer diagnosis and surveillance is costly and frequent. Urinary cytology is used with cystoscopy in the diagnosis and surveillance of bladder cancer with little evidence to support this practice...
- Detection of bladder tumors with 3-dimensional sonography and virtual sonographic cystoscopyErcan Kocakoc
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, 23119, Elazig, Turkey
J Ultrasound Med 27:45-53. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the potential value of 3-dimensional (3D) sonography and sonographic cystoscopy in detection of bladder tumors.
- Virtual cystoscopy in the evaluation of bladder tumorsCisel Yazgan
Department of Radiology, Ankara University Medical Faculty, Ibni Sina Hospital 06100 Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Imaging 28:138-42. 2004The objective of this study was to investigate the value of contrast material-filled virtual cystoscopy in the detection of bladder tumors.
- Diagnostic rigid endoscopy: otoscopy, rhinoscopy, and cystoscopyClarence A Rawlings
Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 7390, USA
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 39:849-68. 2009..Textbooks, "hands-on" courses, and in-hospital training are methods for learning about these techniques and their applications. In addition to improving diagnostics, endoscopy can also be used for therapy in these three body areas...
- Office cystoscopy and transrectal ultrasound-guided prostate biopsies pose minimal risk: prospective evaluation of 921 proceduresSurena F Matin
Department of Urology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Urology 73:1175-8. 2009..We determined whether cystoscopy and transrectal ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy performed in the office setting pose minimal risk to patients.
- Detection of bladder cancer recurrence with real-time three-dimensional ultrasonography-based virtual cystoscopyF Gulsen
Department of Radiology, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Int Med Res 39:2264-72. 2011..two-dimensional (2D) ultrasonography and real-time threedimensional (3D) ultrasonography-based virtual cystoscopy for detecting early recurrence of bladder cancer in previously treated patients (n = 40)...
- Microsatellite analysis--DNA test in urine competes with cystoscopy in follow-up of superficial bladder carcinoma: a phase II trialB W van Rhijn
Department of Pathology, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer 92:768-75. 2001..METHODS: Matched blood and urine samples from 109 patients were obtained before cystoscopy and subjected to MA. The BTA stat test (Bard Diagnostic Sciences, Inc...
- New optical imaging technologies for bladder cancer: considerations and perspectivesJen Jane Liu
Department of Urology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Urol 188:361-8. 2012..Detection relies on white light cystoscopy accuracy and comprehensiveness...
- Computed tomographic appearance of urachal carcinoma associated with urachal diverticulum misdiagnosed by cystoscopyHaruhiko Machida
Departments of Radiology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Medical Center East, 2 1 10 Nishiogu, Arakawa ku, Tokyo, 116 8567, Japan
Abdom Imaging 33:363-6. 2008..We present a surgical case of this condition that was initially diagnosed as bladder urothelial carcinoma by cystoscopy, but was then correctly diagnosed by computed tomography (CT)...
- Immediate versus delayed outpatient flexible cystoscopy: final report of a randomized studyH W Herr
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Can J Urol 8:1406-8. 2001PURPOSE: To evaluate discomfort experienced by men undergoing an immediate versus delayed outpatient flexible cystoscopy after topical local anesthesia...
- Virtual computed tomography cystoscopy in bladder pathologiesHalil Arslan
Department of Radiology, Yuzuncu Yil University School of Medicine, Van, Turkey
Int Braz J Urol 32:147-54; discussion 154. 2006Assessed the usefulness of virtual cystoscopy performed with multidetector computed tomography (CT) in patients with different urinary bladder pathologies compared to the conventional cystoscopy.
- Diagnostic potential of virtual cystoscopy of the bladder: MRI vs CT. Preliminary reportT M Bernhardt
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Eur Radiol 13:305-12. 2003..the diagnostic potential of the half-Fourier acquired single-shot turbo spin echo (HASTE) sequence for MRI cystoscopy compared with CT cystoscopy and the gold standard conventional cystoscopy...
- Revisiting the role of computerized tomographic scan and cystoscopy for detecting bladder invasion in the revised FIGO staging system for carcinoma of the uterine cervixDaya Nand Sharma
Department of Radiation Oncology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:368-72. 2010..the cervix encourages use of computerized tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging and does not recommend cystoscopy as a mandatory investigation. But the revision has not defined which patients should undergo cystoscopy...
- Does increasing hydrostatic pressure ("bag squeeze") during flexible cystoscopy improve patient comfort: a randomized, controlled studyThiru Gunendran
Department of Urology, Blackburn Royal Infirmary, Blackburn, United Kingdom
Urology 72:255-8; discussion 258-9. 2008..To determine whether increased hydrostatic pressure by simple manual compression ("bag squeeze") of the irrigation solution bag (500 mL of 0.9% saline) during passage of the flexible cystoscope will reduce patient discomfort...
- Can biological markers replace cystoscopy? An updateH G van der Poel
Department of Urology, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital NKI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Urol 11:503-9. 2001b>Cystoscopy is currently considered the gold standard for the detection of bladder tumors. The role of urine cytology in the initial detection and follow-up of patients is under discussion...
- Accuracy of cystoscopy in the diagnosis of ureteral injury in benign gynecologic surgeryVani Dandolu
Depertment of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Urogynecology, Temple University Hospital, 3401 N Broad Street, Seventh Floor, Outpatient Building, PA 19140, Philadelphia, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 14:427-31. 2003..We analyzed hospital records to determine whether the injury was diagnosed intraoperatively, with postprocedure cystoscopy, or if cystoscopy was ineffective in diagnosing the injury...
- Comparison of virtual cystoscopy and transabdominal ultrasonography with conventional cystoscopy for bladder tumor detectionRoberto Iglesias Lopes
Sociedade Beneficente de Senhoras Hospital Sírio Libanês, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Endourol 22:1725-9. 2008We compare virtual cystoscopy (VC) and transabdominal ultrasonography (US) with conventional cystoscopy (CC),the gold standard, for detection of bladder tumors.
- The prevalence of interstitial cystitis, endometriosis, adhesions, and vulvar pain in women with chronic pelvic painEdward J Stanford
Department of Urogynecology Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Mary s Good Samaritan Hospital, Centralia, Illinois 62801, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 12:43-9. 2005..To estimate the prevalence of bladder-origin pain, intraperitoneal pathology, and vulvar pain in patients undergoing laparoscopy for chronic pelvic pain (CPP)...
- The role of hexaminolevulinate fluorescence cystoscopy in bladder cancerJ Alfred Witjes
Department of Urology, University Medical Centre, St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Nat Clin Pract Urol 4:542-9. 2007..Significant costs are attributable to the treatment of recurrences and complications. Fluorescence-guided cystoscopy, using 5-aminolevulinic acid (ALA) or its hexyl ester, hexaminolevulinate 5-ALA (Hexvix [HAL], Photocure, Oslo, ..
- Urinary tract injury during hysterectomy based on universal cystoscopyOkechukwu A Ibeanu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Obstet Gynecol 113:6-10. 2009..To estimate the incidence and location of injury to the urinary tract during hysterectomy for benign gynecologic disease...
- Comparison of hexaminolevulinate based flexible and rigid fluorescence cystoscopy with rigid white light cystoscopy in bladder cancer: results of a prospective Phase II studyJ Alfred Witjes
Department of Urology, University Medical Centre, St Radboud, Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 47:319-22. 2005Several studies have shown that rigid fluorescence cystoscopy (RFC) with hexaminolevulinate (HAL) is superior to standard rigid white light (RWLC) cystoscopy in diagnosing bladder tumours, with a clinically relevant impact on the patient'..
- Randomized trial of 10 mL and 20 mL of 2% intraurethral lidocaine gel and placebo in men undergoing flexible cystoscopyN McFarlane
Division of Urology, St. Joseph's Health Care London, University of Western Ontario, Canada
J Endourol 15:541-4. 2001..20 mL of 2% intraurethral lidocaine gel is superior to 10 mL of 2% lidocaine or sterile lubricant for flexible cystoscopy in men. PATIENTS AND METHODS: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial was conducted...
- Multiple intravesical linear staples identified during surveillance cystoscopy after laparoscopic nephroureterectomySteven M Baughman
Urology Flight, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas 78236 5300, USA
Urology 62:351. 2003..Surveillance cystoscopy at 6 months revealed a nearly complete intravesical titanium staple line without encrustation...
- Virtual endoscopy of the urinary tractGeorge C Kagadis
Department of Medical Physics, School of Medicine, University of Patras, GR 26500 Rion, Greece
Asian J Androl 8:31-8. 2006..Several clinical studies have validated the diagnostic utility of virtual cystoscopy, which has high sensitivity and specificity rates in the detection of bladder tumor...
- Instillation of anesthetic gel is no longer necessary in the era of flexible cystoscopy: a crossover studyTakashi Kobayashi
Department of Urology, Hamamatsu Rosai Hospital, Hamamatsu, Japan
J Endourol 18:483-6. 2004Whether urethral injection of anesthetic and lubricating gel prior to outpatient flexible cystoscopy is worthwhile with regard to pain tolerance has been investigated only in a parallel randomized study...
- Patients with a negative cystoscopy and negative Nmp22® Bladderchek® test are at low risk of missed transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: a prospective evaluationJohn D Terrell
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Int Braz J Urol 37:706-11. 2011..We evaluated whether cytology provides additional diagnostic information in patients with a negative NMP22® BladderChek® test (BladderChek) and negative cystoscopy.
- Fast construction of panoramic images for cystoscopic explorationY Hernandez-Mier
Centre de Recherche en Automatique de Nancy, UMR 7039 Nancy University CNRS, 2 Avenue de la Foret de Haye, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Comput Med Imaging Graph 34:579-92. 2010b>Cystoscopy is used as a reference clinical examination in the detection and visualization of pathological bladder lesions...
- Early detection of urothelial premalignant lesions using hexaminolevulinate fluorescence cystoscopy in high risk patientsSalvatore Blanco
Department of Urology, San Gerardo Hospital, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
J Transl Med 8:122. 2010To evaluate fluorescence cystoscopy with hexaminolevulinate (HAL) in the early detection of dysplasia (DYS) and carcinoma in situ (CIS) in select high risk patients.
- Bladder tumors: virtual MR cystoscopyE Suleyman
Department of Radiology, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Abdom Imaging 31:483-9. 2006Virtual cystoscopy is a promising new technique based on computer-simulated rendering of the inner surface of the urinary bladder using volumetric magnetic resonance (MR) imaging data, thus enabling maneuvers that normally are not ..
- Rates of urinary tract injury from gynecologic surgery and the role of intraoperative cystoscopyD T Gilmour
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 107:1366-72. 2006To estimate the rates of urinary tract injury after benign gynecologic surgery. To explore the role of routine intraoperative cystoscopy at benign gynecologic surgery.
- Investigating the relationship between virtual cystoscopy image quality and CT slice thicknessS Lalondrelle
Academic Urology Unit, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust and Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Br J Radiol 85:1112-7. 2012To investigate the effect of reconstruction slice thickness on image quality at CT virtual cystoscopy (VC).
- HAL fluorescence cystoscopy and TURB one year of Romanian experienceB Geavlete
Saint Iohn Clinical Emergency Hospital, Department of Urology, 13 Vitan Barzesti Street, Sector 4, Code 042122, Bucharest, Romania
J Med Life 2:185-90. 2009Hexaminolevulinate blue light cystoscopy (HAL-BLC) represents an increasingly acknowledged method in bladder cancer diagnostic...
- Effect of flexible cystoscopy on serum prostate-specific antigen valuesBrian J DeCastro
Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington 98431, USA
Urology 73:237-40. 2009To determine the effect of flexible cystoscopy on the total, free, and percent-free prostate-specific antigen (PSA) values in male volunteers. Flexible cystoscopy is the standard method of evaluation of the bladder and urethra...
- Effectiveness of fetal cystoscopy as a diagnostic and therapeutic intervention for lower urinary tract obstruction: a systematic reviewR K Morris
School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 37:629-37. 2011To determine the effectiveness of fetal cystoscopy in the prenatal diagnosis of and intervention for congenital lower urinary tract obstruction.
- Randomized double-blind comparison of lidocaine gel and plain lubricating gel in relieving pain during flexible cystoscopyYung Tai Chen
Department of Urology, Taiwan Adventist Hospital, Taiwan
J Endourol 19:163-6. 2005To compare the pain induced by outpatient flexible cystoscopy in men having local lidocaine jelly application or plain lubricant.
- Outbreak of cystoscopy related infections with Pseudomonas aeruginosa: New Mexico, 2007Aaron M Wendelboe
Epidemic Intelligence Service Program, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Urol 180:588-92; discussion 592. 2008Personnel at the New Mexico Department of Health investigated a Pseudomonas aeruginosa outbreak potentially associated with outpatient cystoscopy performed by a urologist during January 1 to April 22, 2007.
- Diagnostic potential of three-dimensional ultrasound-based virtual cystoscopy: an experimental study using pig bladdersMin Hoan Moon
Department of Radiology, Cheil General Hospital and Women s Healthcare Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Invest Radiol 41:883-9. 2006We sought to investigate the feasibility of 3-dimensional ultrasound (3D US)-based virtual cystoscopy in experimentally designed bladder phantoms using pig bladders.
- Virtual cystoscopy of the contrast material-filled bladder in patients with gross hematuriaJeong Kon Kim
Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, 138 736, South Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 179:763-8. 2002The objective of this study was to evaluate the usefulness of virtual cystoscopy of the contrast material-filled bladder in evaluating patients with gross hematuria.
- Non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer surveillance for which cystoscopy is partly replaced by microsatellite analysis of urine: a cost-effective alternative?Esther W de Bekker-Grob
Department of Urology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, Netherlands
BJU Int 104:41-7. 2009..analysis (MA) markers in voided urine samples should be to make a surveillance procedure cost-effective in which cystoscopy is partly replaced by MA for patients with non-muscle-invasive urothelial carcinoma (NMI-UC)...
- Computed tomographic virtual cystoscopy for the detection of urinary bladder neoplasmsA Ch Tsili
Department of Clinical Radiology, University Hospital of Ioannina, Platia Pargis, 2, Ioannina 45332, Greece
Eur Urol 46:579-85. 2004To evaluate the role of computed tomographic virtual cystoscopy (CTVC) in the detection of bladder neoplasms and to compare CTVC at conventional and reduced milliAmperes-second (mAs) settings.
- Narrow band imaging cystoscopy and bipolar plasma vaporization for large nonmuscle-invasive bladder tumors--results of a prospective, randomized comparison to the standard approachBogdan Geavlete
Department of Urology, Saint John Emergency Clinical Hospital, Bucharest, Romania
Urology 79:846-51. 2012To evaluate the efficacy of narrow band imaging (NBI) cystoscopy associated with bipolar plasma vaporization (BPV) in cases of large nonmuscle-invasive bladder tumors (NMIBTs) compared with white light cystoscopy (WLC) and monopolar ..
- Impact of patient's self-viewing of flexible cystoscopy on pain using a visual analog scale in a randomized controlled trialKashifuddin Q Soomro
Department of Surgery, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Urology 77:21-3. 2011To investigate the difference in pain score of patients allowed to view their flexible cystoscopy procedure compared with those who have not viewed the procedure on the video monitor.
- Fetal cystoscopy for severe lower urinary tract obstruction--initial experience of a single centerRodrigo Ruano
Obstetrics Department, Faculty of Medicine, Sao Paulo University, Rua Valentim Magalhães 100, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Prenat Diagn 30:30-9. 2010To report the experience with fetal cystoscopy and laser fulguration of posterior urethral values (PUV) for severe lower urinary tract obstruction (LUTO).
- Cystoscopy revisited as the gold standard for detecting bladder cancer recurrence: diagnostic review bias in the randomized, prospective CEFUB trialMadelon N M van der Aa
Department of Pathology, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Urol 183:76-80. 2010We evaluated the influence of knowledge of urine test outcome on the accuracy of cystoscopy (diagnostic review bias) during surveillance in patients with low grade, nonmuscle invasive urothelial carcinoma.
- Local and global panoramic imaging for fluorescence bladder endoscopyAlexander Behrens
Institute of Imaging and Computer Vision, RWTH Aachen University, 52056 Aachen, Germany
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:6990-3. 2009..Apart from the global panorama computation itself, we therefore analyze these distortions, and provide an alternative visualization which is based on bladder depictions used in standard reporting forms and anatomy textbooks...
- Optical coherence tomography as an adjunct to white light cystoscopy for intravesical real-time imaging and staging of bladder cancerAlvin C Goh
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030 2706, USA
Urology 72:133-7. 2008..It may provide an extension of conventional cystoscopy by allowing noninvasive examination of bladder tissue at microscopic resolution (10 to 20 microm)...
- Acquisition of flexible cystoscopy skills on a virtual reality simulator by experts and novicesBarbara M A Schout
VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BJU Int 105:234-9. 2010..on the URO Mentor significantly improve novices' performance in terms of time, trauma, areas inspected and Global Rating Scale (GRS) score?; (ii) is discrimination between different levels of expertise possible using the URO Mentor?..
- Nine episodes of anaphylaxis following cystoscopy caused by Cidex OPA (ortho-phthalaldehyde) high-level disinfectant in 4 patients after cytoscopyWilliam N Sokol
University of California, Irvine College of Medicine, Newport Beach, CA 92660, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:392-7. 2004..Ortho-phthalaldehyde (OPA) is a high-level disinfectant commonly used for processing heat-sensitive medical devices...
- Diagnostic efficiency of multidetector computed tomography with multiplanar reformatted imaging and virtual cystoscopy in the assessment of bladder tumors after transurethral resectionMustafa Koplay
Department of Radiology, Medical Faculty, Dumlupinar University, Kutahya, Turkey
J Comput Assist Tomogr 34:121-6. 2010In the assessment of recurrent bladder tumors, diagnostic efficiency of virtual cystoscopy carried out by multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) was investigated and compared with the criterion standard of conventional cystoscopy.
- Narrow-band imaging flexible cystoscopy: a new user's experienceRichard T Bryan
Department of Public Health, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and School of Cancer Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Endourol 24:1339-43. 2010..previously an improved detection rate for bladder cancer recurrences with narrow-band imaging (NBI) flexible cystoscopy when compared with conventional white-light imaging (WLI) flexible cystoscopy...
- Hexaminolevulinate-guided fluorescence cystoscopy in the diagnosis and follow-up of patients with non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: review of the evidence and recommendationsJ Alfred Witjes
UMC St Radboud, Netherlands, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 57:607-14. 2010Compared with standard white-light cystoscopy, photodynamic diagnosis with blue light and the photosensitiser hexaminolevulinate has been shown to improve the visualisation of bladder tumours, reduce residual tumour rates by at least 20%, ..
- Photodynamic diagnosis of bladder cancer compared with white light cystoscopy: Systematic review and meta-analysisGraham Mowatt
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, AB25 2ZD Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 27:3-10. 2011The aim of this study was to assess the test performance and clinical effectiveness of photodynamic diagnosis (PDD) compared with white light cystoscopy (WLC) in people suspected of new or recurrent bladder cancer.
- Does photodynamic transurethral resection of bladder tumour improve the outcome of initial T1 high-grade bladder cancer? A long-term follow-up of a randomized studyStefan Denzinger
Department of Urology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
BJU Int 101:566-9. 2008..To evaluate, in a long-term follow-up of T1 high-grade bladder cancer treated in a prospective, randomized trial, whether fluorescence diagnosis (FD) increases recurrence-free survival (RFS) or reduces progression to muscle-invasive stages...
- Do we need to perform cystoscopy on all adults attending urology centres as outpatients?V Kumar
The Whittington Hospital, London, UK
Urol Int 73:198-200; discussion 200. 2004There has been considerable expansion in the use of flexible cystoscopy (FC) and people who can perform the procedure. Hence, there is a criticism that this procedure is being overused with no management benefit.
- Comparison of CT virtual cystoscopy of the contrast material-filled bladder with conventional cystoscopy in the diagnosis of bladder tumoursA S Kivrak
Department of Radiology, Selcuk University Meram Faculty of Medicine, Konya, Turkey
Clin Radiol 64:30-7. 2009To investigate the value of virtual cystoscopy using contrast material to fill the bladder during routine abdominopelvic computed tomography (CT) examinations for the detection of bladder tumours.
- Screening cystoscopy and biopsy in patients with neuropathic bladder and chronic suprapubic indwelling catheters: is it valid?R Hamid
Spinal Injuries Unit, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, Middlesex, United Kingdom
J Urol 170:425-7. 2003Screening for bladder malignancy in patients with neuropathic bladder and a chronic indwelling catheter by cystoscopy and biopsy is commonly performed. Despite this practice the test has not been fully validated to date...
- The community-based morbidity of flexible cystoscopyD M Burke
Department of Urology, Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport, UK
BJU Int 89:347-9. 2002To evaluate patients' experience after flexible cystoscopy (FC), particularly concentrating on the prevalence and degree of symptoms, the frequency of visits to their General Practitioner (GP), subsequent antibiotic rates and the actual ..
- Combining hand assisted laparoscopic nephroureterectomy with cystoscopic circumferential excision of the distal ureter without primary closure of the bladder cuff--is it safe?Eliecer Kurzer
Division of Endourology and Laparoscopy, Department of Urology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
J Urol 175:63-7; discussion 67-8. 2006..We report the oncological sequelae in patients who underwent HAL-NU using our technique of complete ureteral removal...
- Fluorescence cystoscopy with high-resolution optical coherence tomography imaging as an adjunct reduces false-positive findings in the diagnosis of urothelial carcinoma of the bladderJoerg Schmidbauer
Department of Urology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur Urol 56:914-9. 2009..Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is a noninvasive, real-time, microstructural imaging modality that uses near-infrared light for a point analysis of the bladder-wall microstructure...
- Prospective randomized crossover trial of lubricant gel against an anaesthetic gel for outpatient cystoscopySudhanshu Chitale
Department of Urology, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and School of Medicine Health Policy and Practice, Norwich, UK
Scand J Urol Nephrol 42:164-7. 2008Flexible cystoscopy is routinely performed under local anaesthetic. The aim of this study was to compare the outcomes of using an anaesthetic gel and a non-anaesthetic gel in the same patient.
- Effect of bladder carcinoma location on detection rates by ultrasonography and computed tomographyEriz Ozden
Department of Urology, University of Ankara, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Urology 69:889-92. 2007..To evaluate the effect of the location of bladder carcinoma on detection rates by ultrasonography (US) and computed tomography (CT)...
- Fluorescence cystoscopy in the management of bladder cancer: a help for the urologist!Patrice Jichlinski
Department of Urology, CHUV, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Urol Int 74:97-101. 2005..This paper reviews 10 years of experience of fluorescence cystoscopy, a simple technique perfectly adapted to the current endoscopic equipment...
- Suprapubically assisted operative cystoscopy in the management of intravesical TVT synthetic mesh segmentsPeter Rosenblatt
Division of Urogynecology, Harvard Medical School, Mount Auburn Hospital, 725 Concord Avenue Suite 3300, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 16:509-11. 2005..Perforations of the bladder during the TVT placement are relatively common, but are usually noted on cystoscopy and corrected at the time of the procedure...
- Painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitisAnna Rosamilia
Urogynaecologist, Monash Medical Centre, 13 Brunswick St, Fitzroy, VIC 3065, Australia
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 19:843-59. 2005..There are still controversies concerning the most basic investigation of cystoscopy in PBS/IC...
- Flexible cystoscopy assisted by hexaminolevulinate induced fluorescence: a new approach for bladder cancer detection and surveillance?W Loidl
Department of Urology, University of Vienna, Medical School, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Eur Urol 47:323-6. 2005The aim of this study was the assessment of flexible cystoscopy assisted by hexaminolevulinate (HAL) fluorescence.
- Bacteriuria, pyuria and bacteremia frequency following outpatient cystoscopyHale Turan
Ankara Training and Research Hospital Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Urol 13:25-8. 2006The assumed necessity of antimicrobial prophylaxis prior to cystoscopy is controversial...
- Improved detection and treatment of bladder cancer using hexaminolevulinate imaging: a prospective, phase III multicenter studyDieter Jocham
Department of Urology, University of Schleswig Holstein, Lubeck, Germany
J Urol 174:862-6; discussion 866. 2005We determined if improved tumor detection using hexaminolevulinate (HAL) fluorescence cystoscopy could lead to improved treatment in patients with bladder cancer.
- The incidence of ureteral obstruction and the value of intraoperative cystoscopy during vaginal surgery for pelvic organ prolapseA Marcus Gustilo-Ashby
Division of Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:1478-85. 2006The objective of the study was to determine the incidence of ureteral obstruction during vaginal surgery for pelvic organ prolapse and the accuracy and efficacy of intraoperative cystoscopy.
- The incidence of urinary tract injury during hysterectomy: a prospective analysis based on universal cystoscopyBabak Vakili
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, University Hospital, New Orleans, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:1599-604. 2005..To evaluate the incidence of urinary tract injury due to hysterectomy for benign disease...
- Oral ciprofloxacin or trimethoprim reduces bacteriuria after flexible cystoscopyMark I Johnson
Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
BJU Int 100:826-9. 2007..trial to determine whether oral prophylactic antibiotics reduce the risk of bacteriuria after flexible cystoscopy (FC), as up to 10% of patients develop urinary infection afterwards, with significant morbidity and costs for ..
- Urine markers for bladder cancer surveillance: a systematic reviewBas W G van Rhijn
Department of Urology, University Hospital, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 47:736-48. 2005The follow-up of patients with urothelial cell carcinoma (UCC) of the bladder is done by cystoscopy and, in most cases, cytology. The last decade, many urine-based tests for UCC have been developed and tested in different populations...
- Patients' perceived burden of cystoscopic and urinary surveillance of bladder cancer: a randomized comparisonMadelon N M van der Aa
Department of Pathology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BJU Int 101:1106-10. 2008..low-grade (pTa/pT1, G1/G2) urothelial cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder, the perceived burden of flexible cystoscopy or surveillance by microsatellite analysis (MA) in voided urine, as such patients are normally recommended to ..
- A comparison of hexaminolevulinate fluorescence cystoscopy and white light cystoscopy for the detection of carcinoma in situ in patients with bladder cancer: a phase III, multicenter studyYves Fradet
L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Quebec, Province de Quebec, Canada
J Urol 178:68-73; discussion 73. 2007We compared hexaminolevulinate (Hexvix) fluorescence cystoscopy with white light cystoscopy for detecting carcinoma in situ.
- Office based flexible cystoscopy may be less painful for men allowed to view the procedureAmit R Patel
Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Urol 177:1843-5. 2007An experienced urology nurse observed that patients seemed to tolerate the procedure better when allowed to see the monitor in real time during office based cystoscopy. We assessed the impact of this on visual analog scale pain scores.
- Endoscopic cross-trigonal ureteral reimplantation under carbon dioxide bladder insufflation: a novel techniqueC K Yeung
Division of Paediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
J Endourol 19:295-9. 2005....
- Cost-effectiveness of universal cystoscopy to identify ureteral injury at hysterectomyA G Visco
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Obstet Gynecol 97:685-92. 2001To evaluate the cost-effectiveness of routine cystoscopy at the time of abdominal, vaginal, and laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy in terms of cost per ureteral injury identified and treated.
- Cystoscopy-assisted laparoscopic resection of extramucosal bladder endometriosisRenato Seracchioli
Center for Reconstructive Pelvic Endosurgery, Reproductive Medicine Unit, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Massarenti 13, 40138 Bologna, Italy
J Endourol 16:663-6. 2002..The diagnosis of vesical endometriosis is difficult to formulate, and it should be confirmed by cystoscopy with biopsy...
- [Cystoscopy-assisted partial cystectomy for paraganglioma of the urinary bladder]Masaomi Ikeda
Department of Urology, St Luke s International Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 54:611-4. 2008A 39-year-old woman visited our hospital with a complaint of gross hematuria. Cystoscopy revealed a nodular tumor 3 cm in diameter in the posterior wall of the bladder. A transurethral resection was performed...
- Pheochromocytoma of the urinary bladder without typical symptomsTakehisa Onishi
Department of Urology, Prefectural Shima Hospital, Shima, Japan
Int J Urol 10:398-400. 2003..b>Cystoscopy revealed a yellowish submucosal tumor in the right lateral wall of the bladder...
- Hexyl aminolevulinate fluorescence cystoscopy: new diagnostic tool for photodiagnosis of superficial bladder cancer--a multicenter studyPatrice Jichlinski
Department of Urology, CHUV University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Urol 170:226-9. 2003We examined the sensitivity and specificity of Hexvix (PhotoCure ASA, Oslo, Norway) hexyl aminolevulinate (HAL) fluorescence cystoscopy in patients with superficial bladder cancer.
- The evil twins of chronic pelvic pain syndrome: endometriosis and interstitial cystitisMaurice K Chung
Midwest Regional Center for Chronic Pelvic Pain, The Medical Park of Lima Memorial Hospital, Lima, Ohio 45805, USA
JSLS 6:311-4. 2002..To determine the value in the initial laparoscopic and cystoscopic evaluation of avoiding the unnecessary delay in diagnosing the "evil twins" of chronic pelvic pain syndrome, endometriosis and interstitial cystitis...
- Validation of a flexible cystoscopy courseJ Shah
Academic Surgical Unit, Imperial College School of Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
BJU Int 90:833-5. 2002To examine the instructional effectiveness of a course for nurses wishing to learn flexible cystoscopy, using a virtual reality flexible cystoscopy simulator to measure the outcome.
- SYNERGISTIC CT BRONCHOSCOPY FOR LUNG CANCER ASSESSMENTWilliam Higgins; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, our proposed visual and quantitative methodology could have direct applicability to other endoscopic procedures such as mediastinoscopy, colonoscopy (colorectal cancer), and cystoscopy (bladder cancer).
- Improving Colonoscopy Quality through Automated MonitoringPiet C de Groen; Fiscal Year: 2010..itself for rapid adaptation to other endoscopic medical procedures such as upper gastrointestinal endoscopy, cystoscopy, arthroscopy and bronchoscopy...
- Improving Colonoscopy Quality through Automated MonitoringPiet C de Groen; Fiscal Year: 2010..itself for rapid adaptation to other endoscopic medical procedures such as upper gastrointestinal endoscopy, cystoscopy, arthroscopy and bronchoscopy...
- Noninvasive Diagnosis of Early Bladder Cancers with Optical Coherence TomographyYingtian Pan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Current medical imaging methods (e.g., x-ray, CT, MRI, ultrasound and conventional cystoscopy) are inadequate because of their resolution limitations...
- Aurora Kinase A as a Biomarker for the Detection of Bladder CancerBogdan A Czerniak; Fiscal Year: 2010..in the United States through a variety of non-invasive (urine) and minimally invasive (bladder barbotage, cystoscopy, and biopsy) techniques...
- Pelvic Floor Disorders NetworkAnthony Visco; Fiscal Year: 2007..Diagnostic resources include muti-channel urodynamic testing, cystoscopy, defecography, pelvic MRI, 360-degree endoanal ultrasound, anal manometry and needle electromyography...
- Video Rate Optical Coherence Tomography for Early Stage Cancer VisualizationPaul Amazeen; Fiscal Year: 2007..could significantly decrease the recurrence rate of disease and thereby decrease the frequency of follow-up cystoscopy evaluations...
- Texture-Based CAD for Cancer Screening from 3D ImagesJEROME LIANG; Fiscal Year: 2007..Virtual colonoscopy (VCon) and virtual cystoscopy (VCys), as new procedures in which computed tomographic (CT) or magnetic resonance (MR) images of the patient's ..
- A Case Control Study of Interstitial CystitisJohn Warren; Fiscal Year: 2006..Using criteria established by the NIDDK, the diagnosis can be made by objective visible findings at cystoscopy. However, IC remains a disease of unknown etiology, inconvenient diagnosis, and unclear natural history...
- Towards a non-invasive molecular test for bladder cancerSteve Goodison; Fiscal Year: 2010..Patients with superficial tumors are under continued surveillance by routine cystoscopy examinations of the bladder for early detection of new tumor developments...
- Towards a non-invasive molecular test for bladder cancerSteve Goodison; Fiscal Year: 2007..Patients with superficial tumors are under continued surveillance by routine cystoscopy examinations of the bladder for early detection of new tumor developments...
- UROLOGICAL STUDIES OF IDEOPATHIC LOWER TRACT SYNDROMESJOHN KRIEGER; Fiscal Year: 2000..This study will provide insight into the pathophysiology of chronic prostatitis and the clinical utility of cystoscopy under anaesthesia for evaluating patients.
- REAL TIME IN VIVO DIAGNOSIS OF DYSPLASIA BY FLUORESCENCEMichael Feld; Fiscal Year: 1999..information with tissue optical parameters, models of colon and bladder fluorescence measured at colonoscopy and cystoscopy respectively, will be developed...
- QUALITY-OF-CARE INDICATORS FOR OVERACTIVE BLADDER SYMPTOMSJennifer Anger; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Volume-Outcomes in Incontinence SurgeryJennifer Anger; Fiscal Year: 2005..The primary outcome will be re-operation rates, repeat sling procedures (for failures), and other postoperative complications, stratified by high and low volume surgeons and hospitals. ..
- TRAINING OF ACADEMIC UROLOGIC ONCOLOGISTSH Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Post-doctoral fellows have the opportunity to work closely with clinicians during their training. This association with outstanding clinicians will help integrate their future research into translational efforts. ..
- Insulin Producing Cells from Amniotic Stem Cells for Diabetes TherapyAnthony Atala; Fiscal Year: 2009..Successful development of an abundant source of transplantable insulin producing cells potentially would have a profound impact on the treatment of a major public health problem. ..
- ATP-Sensitive K Channels in Renal Proximal TubuleAlan Segal; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therefore, new knowledge gained from the proposed studies are important in health, and will be highly relevant to the pathophysiology of hypertension, dysregulation of extracellular volume, and renal insufficiency. ..