Genomes and Genes
Summary: Application of a ligature to tie a vessel or strangulate a part.
Publications414 found, 100 shown here
- A novel and efficient model of coronary artery ligation and myocardial infarction in the mouseErhe Gao
Center for Translational Medicine, George Zallie and Family Laboratory for Cardiovascular Gene Therapy, Thomas Jefferson University, 1025 Walnut St, Room 302, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Circ Res 107:1445-53. 2010coronary artery ligation to induce myocardial infarction (MI) in mice is typically performed by an invasive and time-consuming approach that requires ventilation and chest opening (classic method), often resulting in extensive tissue ..
- Immunodesign of experimental sepsis by cecal ligation and punctureDaniel Rittirsch
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1301 Catherine Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nat Protoc 4:31-6. 2009..mechanisms of sepsis, various animal models have been developed, the most frequently used being the cecal ligation and puncture (CLP) model in rodents...
- Cecal ligation and punctureWilliam J Hubbard
Department of Surgery and Center for Surgical Research, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35294 0019, USA
Shock 24:52-7. 2005The model of cecal ligation and puncture (CLP) in rodents has been used extensively to investigate the clinical settings of sepsis and septic shock...
- A prospective, randomized trial of butyl cyanoacrylate injection versus band ligation in the management of bleeding gastric varicesG H Lo
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Hepatology 33:1060-4. 2001Gastric variceal bleeding is a catastrophic event. Both cyanoacrylate injection and banding ligation have been proven to be effective in the management of bleeding gastric varices...
- Akt activation preserves cardiac function and prevents injury after transient cardiac ischemia in vivoT Matsui
Program in Cardiovascular Gene Therapy, CVRC, Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Circulation 104:330-5. 2001..Akt may represent an important nodal target for therapy in ischemic and other heart disease...
- Sho-saiko-to prevents liver fibrosis induced by bile duct ligation in ratsMing Ho Chen
Research Institute of Chinese Medicine, a China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Am J Chin Med 32:195-207. 2004....
- Changes in expression of sensory organ-specific microRNAs in rat dorsal root ganglia in association with mechanical hypersensitivity induced by spinal nerve ligationB T Aldrich
Department of Anesthesia, University of Iowa, 51 Newton Road, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Neuroscience 164:711-23. 2009..Using the L5 spinal nerve ligation (SNL) model of chronic neuropathic pain, we observed a significant reduction in expression of these microRNAs in ..
- Cecal ligation and puncture: the gold standard model for polymicrobial sepsis?Lien Dejager
Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, Flanders Institute for Biotechnology VIB, B9052 Ghent, Belgium
Trends Microbiol 19:198-208. 2011..Polymicrobial sepsis induced by cecal ligation and puncture (CLP) is the most frequently used model because it closely resembles the progression and ..
- Hedgehog-mediated mesenchymal-epithelial interactions modulate hepatic response to bile duct ligationAlessia Omenetti
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Lab Invest 87:499-514. 2007..Our findings reveal that adult livers resurrect developmental signaling systems, such as the Hh pathway, to guide remodeling of the biliary epithelia and stroma after cholestatic injury...
- Review of experimental models for inducing hepatic cirrhosis by bile duct ligation and carbon tetrachloride injectionThamirys Guimarães Marques
School of Medicine, USP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 27:589-94. 2012To present a review about a comparative study of bile duct ligation versus carbon tetrachloride Injection for inducing experimental liver cirrhosis.
- Renal dysfunction as a consequence of acute liver damage by bile duct ligation in cirrhotic ratsSandra Rivera-Huizar
Institute for Molecular Biology in Medicine and Gene Therapy, CUCS, University of Guadalajara, Apdo Postal 2 123, Guadalajara, Jalisco 44281, Mexico
Exp Toxicol Pathol 58:185-95. 2006..Renal failure is a common complication in patients with alcohol-induced cirrhosis who undergo a superimposed severe alcoholic hepatitis...
- Time course of arteriogenesis following femoral artery occlusion in the rabbitI E Hoefer
Department of Experimental Cardiology, Max Planck Institute for Physiological and Clinical Research, Benekestr 2, D 61231, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 49:609-17. 2001We examined the time course of arteriogenesis (collateral artery growth) after femoral artery ligation and the effect of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1).
- Understanding optimal colonic cancer surgery: comparison of Japanese D3 resection and European complete mesocolic excision with central vascular ligationNicholas P West
Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 30:1763-9. 2012..Japanese D3 resection and European complete mesocolic excision (CME) with central vascular ligation (CVL) are both based on sound oncologic principles...
- Portal vein ligation as an efficient method of increasing the future liver remnant volume in the surgical treatment of colorectal metastasesLorenzo Capussotti
Divisione Chirurgia Oncologica, Istituto per la Ricerca e la Cura del Cancro, Strada Provinciale 142 km 3, 95, 10060 Candiolo, Italy
Arch Surg 143:978-82; discussion 982. 2008To compare the volumetric increase of segments 2 and 3, segment 4, and the caudate lobe after portal vein ligation (PVL) and portal vein embolization (PVE)...
- Herb medicine Yin-Chen-Hao-Tang ameliorates hepatic fibrosis in bile duct ligation ratsTzung Yan Lee
Graduate Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan, ROC
J Ethnopharmacol 109:318-24. 2007..Hepatic damage with fibrosis was produced by common bile duct ligation (BDL) for 27 days in experimental cholestasis animal model...
- Lack of evidence for significant neuronal loss in laminae I-III of the spinal dorsal horn of the rat in the chronic constriction injury modelE Polgar
Spinal Cord Group, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, West Medical Building, Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK
Pain 111:144-50. 2004..These results do not, therefore, support the suggestion that there is significant neuronal death in the dorsal horn in this model...
- Distinct roles of matrix metalloproteases in the early- and late-phase development of neuropathic painYasuhiko Kawasaki
Pain Research Center, Department of Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Medical Research Building, Room 604, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Med 14:331-6. 2008..After spinal nerve ligation, MMP-9 shows a rapid and transient upregulation in injured dorsal root ganglion (DRG) primary sensory neurons ..
- Adoptive transfer of in vitro-stimulated CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells increases bacterial clearance and improves survival in polymicrobial sepsisJosef G Heuer
Biotechnology Discovery Research, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Immunol 174:7141-6. 2005..In this study, we have used murine cecal ligation and puncture as a model of polymicrobial sepsis to explore the effects of adoptive transfer of Tregs on septic ..
- Endoscopic band ligation of small gastric stromal tumors and follow-up by endoscopic ultrasonographySiyu Sun
Endoscopy Center, The Second Hospital, China Medical University, Sanhao Street 36, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, 110004, China
Surg Endosc 21:574-8. 2007Gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) is a relatively common gastric submucosal tumor with potential for malignant transformation. The efficacy of a new method for resection of these tumors, endoscopic band ligation, was evaluated.
- Early surgical ligation versus a conservative approach for management of patent ductus arteriosus that fails to close after indomethacin treatmentNami Jhaveri
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0544, USA
J Pediatr 157:381-7, 387.e1. 2010To examine whether a more conservative approach to treating patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) is associated with an increase or decrease in morbidity compared with an approach involving early PDA ligation.
- Long-term synaptic plasticity in the spinal dorsal horn and its modulation by electroacupuncture in rats with neuropathic painGuo Gang Xing
Department of Neurobiology, Key Laboratory for Neuroscience of the Ministry of Education and Public Health, Peking University, 38 Xue Yuan Road, Beijing 100083, People s Republic of China
Exp Neurol 208:323-32. 2007..of spinal dorsal horn neurons were recorded extracellularly in sham-operated rats and in rats with spinal nerve ligation (SNL)...
- Intrathecal injection of cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) antisense oligonucleotide attenuates tactile allodynia caused by partial sciatic nerve ligationWeiya Ma
Department of Anesthesiology, and Center for the Study of Pharmacological Plasticity in the Presence of Pain, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Brain Res 988:97-104. 2003..Three weeks following partial sciatic nerve ligation (PSNL), daily intrathecal injection of antisense CREB oligodeoxynucleotide (ODN, 20 microg/day) for 5 days ..
- Ligation of the pterygopalatine and external carotid arteries induces ischemic damage in the murine retinaHiromi Ogishima
Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Biofunctional Evaluation, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:9710-20. 2011..This study aimed to characterize the functional and morphologic changes in a murine model of ocular ischemic disease caused by vascular occlusion...
- Increased sensitivity of injured and adjacent uninjured rat primary sensory neurons to exogenous tumor necrosis factor-alpha after spinal nerve ligationMaria Schäfers
Anesthesiology Research Laboratory, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0818, USA
J Neurosci 23:3028-38. 2003..pg/ml) or vehicle was injected into L5 DRG in naive rats and in rats that had received L5 and L6 spinal nerve ligation (SNL) immediately before injection. In naive rats, TNF, but not vehicle, elicited long-lasting allodynia...
- A protein C deficiency exacerbates inflammatory and hypotensive responses in mice during polymicrobial sepsis in a cecal ligation and puncture modelJorge G Ganopolsky
W M Keck Center for Transgene Research, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 434 Stepan Hall of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Am J Pathol 165:1433-46. 2004..In this study, a cecal ligation and puncture model of septic peritonitis was applied to wild-type mice and littermates with a targeted ..
- Amniotic membrane application reduces liver fibrosis in a bile duct ligation rat modelLuciana B Sant'anna
Centro di Ricerca E Menni, Fondazione Poliambulanza Istituto Ospedaliero, Via Bissolati 57, Brescia, Italy
Cell Transplant 20:441-53. 2011..Hence, we have now investigated the effects of human AM on biliary fibrosis induced in rats through the bile duct ligation (BDL) procedure...
- Retinal gene expression after central retinal artery ligation: effects of ischemia and reperfusionShiv S Prasad
Genomics Division, Biologics and Genetic Therapies Directorate, Health Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:6207-19. 2010To investigate the morphologic and molecular consequences of 30- and 90-minute central retinal artery ligation (CRAL)-induced retinal ischemia, followed by 3 and 12 hours of reperfusion, and to identify potential targets for therapy.
- Hepatocyte growth factor attenuates liver fibrosis induced by bile duct ligationJing Lin Xia
Division of Cellular and Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Am J Pathol 168:1500-12. 2006..we evaluated the therapeutic efficacy of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) on liver fibrosis induced by bile duct ligation (BDL) and investigated potential mechanisms...
- Endoscopic band ligation with a water-jet scope for the treatment of colonic diverticular hemorrhageNaoki Ishii
Department of Gastroenterology, St Luke s International Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Dig Endosc 22:232-5. 2010..We applied endoscopic band ligation (EBL) with a water-jet scope to bleeding colonic diverticula and evaluated the efficacy and safety of EBL ..
- Mechanical hypersensitivity, sympathetic sprouting, and glial activation are attenuated by local injection of corticosteroid near the lumbar ganglion in a rat model of neuropathic painJing Yi Li
Department of Anesthesiology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Reg Anesth Pain Med 36:56-62. 2011..We hypothesized that systemic TA effects are primarily due to local effects on the DRG...
- Hyperammonemia induces neuroinflammation that contributes to cognitive impairment in rats with hepatic encephalopathyRegina Rodrigo
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Centro de Investigacion Principe Felipe, Valencia, Spain
Gastroenterology 139:675-84. 2010..neuroinflammation mediates cognitive impairment, and whether neuroinflammation also occurs in rats with bile duct ligation (BDL rats)-a model of chronic liver injury that results in hyperammonemia and hepatic encephalopathy.
- Early blockade of injured primary sensory afferents reduces glial cell activation in two rat neuropathic pain modelsW Xie
Pain Research Center, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0531, USA
Neuroscience 160:847-57. 2009..sensory neuron activity with sodium channel blockers on satellite glial cell activation in a rat spinal nerve ligation (SNL) model...
- Partial infraorbital nerve ligation as a model of trigeminal nerve injury in the mouse: behavioral, neural, and glial reactionsMei Xu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7280, USA
J Pain 9:1036-48. 2008..Partial ligation has been shown to effectively mimic many of the qualities of human neuropathic pain syndromes...
- Neuropathic pain: early spontaneous afferent activity is the triggerWenrui Xie
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 3125 Eden Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0521, USA
Pain 116:243-56. 2005..Our results suggest that effective pre-emptive analgesia can be achieved only when nerve block is administered early after injury and lasts several days...
- Proteomics study of neuropathic and nonneuropathic dorsal root ganglia: altered protein regulation following segmental spinal nerve ligation injuryNaoka Komori
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73190, USA
Physiol Genomics 29:215-30. 2007..a proteomics study of rat 4th and 5th lumbar (L4 and L5) dorsal root ganglion (DRG) after L5 spinal nerve ligation. DRG proteins were displayed on two-dimensional gels and analyzed through quantitative densitometry, statistical ..
- cAMP response element-binding protein activation in ligation preconditioning in neonatal brainHsueh Te Lee
Institute of Basic Medical Science, Medical College, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Ann Neurol 56:611-23. 2004..Twenty-four-hour carotid-artery ligation preconditioning established by delaying the onset of hypoxia for 24 hours after permanent unilateral carotid ..
- Induction of myocardial infarcts of a predictable size and location by branch pattern probability-assisted coronary ligation in C57BL/6 miceDongchoon Ahn
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Sciences, Gerontology Research Center, 5600 Nathan Shock Dr, Baltimore, MD 21224 6825, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H1201-7. 2004..left main descending coronary artery penetrate the myocardium close to their origin and require "blind" ligation. Our objective was to develop a technique for ligation of nonvisible coronary artery branches to permit the ..
- NF-kappaB and p38 MAPK inhibition improve survival in endotoxin shock and in a cecal ligation and puncture model of sepsis in combination with antibiotic therapyAdrian W O'Sullivan
Department of Academic Surgery, University College Hospital, Cork, Ireland
J Surg Res 152:46-53. 2009..In this study, we set out to examine the effects of inhibition of p38 MAPK and NF-kappaB translation in in vivo models of sepsis...
- Spinal glial activation and cytokine expression after lumbar root injury in the ratH Hashizume
Department of Anesthesiology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center Lebanon, NH 03756 0001, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:1206-17. 2000..with spinal glial activation and IL-1beta expression generated by three types of nerve root injury: loose ligation with chromic gut, loose ligation with silk, and tight ligation with silk...
- A randomized trial of endoscopic treatment of acute gastric variceal hemorrhage: N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate injection versus band ligationPen Chung Tan
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Veterans General Hospital Taipei and National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Hepatology 43:690-7. 2006..We designed a prospective study to compare the efficacy of endoscopic band ligation (GVL) and endoscopic N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate injection (GVO)...
- Role of extracellular signal-regulated kinase in the ventral tegmental area in the suppression of the morphine-induced rewarding effect in mice with sciatic nerve ligationSatoru Ozaki
Department of Toxicology, Hoshi University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurochem 88:1389-97. 2004..In the present study, we investigated whether a state of neuropathic pain induced by sciatic nerve ligation could change the activities of the extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) and p38 in the mouse lower ..
- Cecal ligation and puncture as a model of sepsis in the rat: influence of the puncture size on mortality, bacteremia, endotoxemia and tumor necrosis factor alpha levelsE Otero-Anton
Department of Medicine, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Eur Surg Res 33:77-9. 2001Cecal ligation and puncture is a widely used experimental model of sepsis.
- American Gastroenterological Association technical review on the diagnosis and treatment of hemorrhoidsRobert D Madoff
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Gastroenterology 126:1463-73. 2004
- Estrogen-induced vasoprotection is independent of inducible nitric oxide synthase expression: evidence from the mouse carotid artery ligation modelT Tolbert
Departments of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Division of Transplantation, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Circulation 104:2740-5. 2001..This study tested the hypothesis that E(2) reduces neointima formation after vascular injury via a mechanism that is dependent on modulation of iNOS expression...
- Axonal ligation induces transient redistribution of TDP-43 in brainstem motor neuronsT Sato
Molecular Neuroscience Research Center, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Shiga 520 2192, Japan
Neuroscience 164:1565-78. 2009..Here, we show evidence that axonal ligation induced transient nuclear exclusion and peripheral accumulation of TDP-43, without apparent cytosolic aggregates ..
- Endoscopic ligation compared with sclerotherapy for bleeding esophageal varices in children with extrahepatic portal venous obstructionShowkat Ali Zargar
Department of Gastroenterology, Sher I Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Srinagar, Kashmir, India
Hepatology 36:666-72. 2002..Endoscopic ligation, a new form of endoscopic treatment for bleeding varices, has been shown to be superior to sclerotherapy in adult ..
- Banding ligation versus beta-blockers as primary prophylaxis in esophageal varices: systematic review of randomized trialsLise L Gluud
Cochrane Hepato Biliary Group, Copenhagen Trial Unit, Center for Clinical Intervention Research, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Gastroenterol 102:2842-8; quiz 2841, 2849. 2007To compare banding ligation versus beta-blockers as primary prophylaxis in patients with esophageal varices and no previous bleeding.
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) versus endoscopic variceal ligation in the prevention of variceal rebleeding in patients with cirrhosis: a randomised trialG Pomier-Layrargues
Liver Unit, Hopital Saint Luc, CHUM and Université de Montréal, 164, East René Lévesque Boulevard, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2X 1P1
Gut 48:390-6. 2001..In this study we compared the two year survival and rebleeding rates in cirrhotic patients treated by either variceal band ligation or TIPS for variceal bleeding.
- Collateral capillary arterialization following arteriolar ligation in murine skeletal muscleFeilim Mac Gabhann
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Microcirculation 17:333-47. 2010..Mice of different strains recover from arteriolar ligation (by increasing collateral blood flow) at different speeds...
- ERK is sequentially activated in neurons, microglia, and astrocytes by spinal nerve ligation and contributes to mechanical allodynia in this neuropathic pain modelZhi Ye Zhuang
Pain Research Center, Department of Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pain 114:149-59. 2005..We have now investigated if ERK is activated in the spinal cord after a spinal nerve ligation (SNL) and if this contributes to the neuropathic pain-like behavior generated in this model...
- Systemic infusion of angiotensin II exacerbates liver fibrosis in bile duct-ligated ratsRamon Bataller
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7038, USA
Hepatology 41:1046-55. 2005..Ang II infusion increased serum levels of Ang II and augmented bile duct ligation-induced liver injury, as assessed by elevated liver serum enzymes...
- Elevated fluid shear stress enhances postocclusive collateral artery growth and gene expression in the pig hind limbFrederic Pipp
Max Planck Institute for Physiological and Clinical Research, Bad Nauheim, D 61231 Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:1664-8. 2004..Therefore, we studied the influence of FSS on arteriogenesis in a new model with extremely high levels of collateral flow and FSS in pig and rabbit hind limbs...
- Gastrin stimulates beta-cell neogenesis and increases islet mass from transdifferentiated but not from normal exocrine pancreas tissueIlse Rooman
Cell Differentiation Group, Diabetes Research Center, Free University of Brussels VUB, Brussels, Belgium
Diabetes 51:686-90. 2002..We evaluated the role of intravenously infused gastrin in regenerating pancreas of duct-ligated rats. The ligation of exocrine ducts draining the splenic half of the pancreas resulted in acinoductal transdifferentiation within ..
- Portal vein embolization vs. portal vein ligation for induction of hypertrophy of the future liver remnantDieter C Broering
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, University of Hamburg, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 6:905-13; discussion 913. 2002..right portal vein ligation (PVL) for induction of hypertrophy of the left lateral liver lobe before extended right hepatectomy...
- Nitric oxide synthase inhibition prevents alveolar bone resorption in experimental periodontitis in ratsR F C Leitão
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Ceara, Brazil
J Periodontol 76:956-63. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of NOS (NO synthase) inhibitors in the alveolar bone loss in an experimental periodontitis disease (EPD) model...
- Vitamin D(3) attenuates cortical infarction induced by middle cerebral arterial ligation in ratsY Wang
National Institute on Drug Abuse, NIH, Baltimore, MD, USA
Neuropharmacology 39:873-80. 2000..of glial cell line derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) reduces the extent of middle cerebral arterial (MCA) ligation-induced cortical infarction in rats...
- Partial sciatic nerve ligation induces increase in the phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) and c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) in astrocytes in the lumbar spinal dorsal horn and the gracile nucleusWeiya Ma
Department of Psychiatry, Douglas Hospital Research Center, McGill University, 6875 Boulevard LaSalle, Verdun, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Pain 99:175-84. 2002..signal transduction pathway associated with glial cells, which have been activated by partial sciatic nerve ligation (PSNL), a well-characterized rat model of neuropathic pain...
- Distinct membrane effects of spinal nerve ligation on injured and adjacent dorsal root ganglion neurons in ratsDamir Sapunar
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Anesthesiology 103:360-76. 2005..An essential first step is identification of electrophysiologic changes in these two neuronal populations after partial nerve damage...
- Collateral artery growth (arteriogenesis) after experimental arterial occlusion is impaired in mice lacking CC-chemokine receptor-2Matthias Heil
Department of Experimental Cardiology, Max Planck Institute for Physiological and Clinical Research, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Circ Res 94:671-7. 2004..Three weeks after femoral artery ligation, LDI perfusion ratio of operated versus nonoperated distal hindlimb in BALB/c wild-type mice increased to 0...
- Beta cell count instead of beta cell mass to assess and localize growth in beta cell population following pancreatic duct ligation in miceMarie Chintinne
Diabetes Research Center, Brussels Free University VUB, and Center for Beta Cell Therapy in Diabetes, Brussels, Belgium
PLoS ONE 7:e43959. 2012Pancreatic-tail duct ligation (PDL) in adult rodents has been reported to induce beta cell generation and increase beta cell mass but increases in beta cell number have not been demonstrated...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery versus conventional laparoscopic varicocele ligation in men with palpable varicocele: a randomized, clinical studySeung Wook Lee
Department of Urology, Hanyang University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Surg Endosc 26:1056-62. 2012..compare the outcomes of two different surgical techniques: conventional transperitoneal laparoscopic varicocele ligation (CTL-VL), and laparoendoscopic single-site varicocele ligation (LESS-VL), using transumbilical home-made single ..
- Partial carotid ligation is a model of acutely induced disturbed flow, leading to rapid endothelial dysfunction and atherosclerosisDouglas Nam
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297:H1535-43. 2009..Here, we characterize partial carotid ligation as a model of disturbed flow with characteristics of low and oscillatory wall shear stress...
- tRNA ligase catalyzes the GTP-dependent ligation of RNA with 3'-phosphate and 5'-hydroxyl terminiKevin K Desai
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, United States
Biochemistry 51:1333-5. 2012..Here we show that bacterial and archaeal RtcB catalyze the GTP-dependent ligation of RNA with 3'-phosphate and 5'-hydroxyl termini...
- Lack of hepatic c-Met and gp130 expression is associated with an impaired antibacterial response and higher lethality after bile duct ligationArne Giebeler
Department of Medicine III, University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Lab Invest 92:1726-37. 2012..hepa)) c-Met, gp130 and c-Met/gp130 knockout mice (Cre-loxP system) were subjected to bile duct ligation (BDL) and lipopolysaccharide (LPS) stimulation...
- Laparoendoscopic single site varicocele ligation: comparison of testicular artery and lymphatic preservation versus complete testicular vessel ligationDong Hyuk Kang
Department of Urology, Hanyang University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Urol 189:243-9. 2013We compared postoperative outcomes in patients treated with laparoendoscopic single site varicocele ligation with or without testicular artery and lymphatic preservation.
- Repair of chromosomal double-strand breaks by precise ligation in human cellsWilliam Y Lin
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 12:480-7. 2013..chromosomal DSBs with compatible ends introduced by the rare-cutting endonuclease, ISceI, are repaired by precise ligation nearly 100% of the time in human cells...
- A conformational switch in PRP8 mediates metal ion coordination that promotes pre-mRNA exon ligationMatthew J Schellenberg
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Nat Struct Mol Biol 20:728-34. 2013..We also show that this switch unmasks a metal-binding site involved in the second step. Together, these data establish that PRP8 is a metalloprotein that promotes exon ligation within the spliceosome.
- Comparison of endoscopic resection therapies for rectal carcinoid tumor: endoscopic submucosal dissection versus endoscopic mucosal resection using band ligationCheol W Choi
Department of Internal Medicine, Pusan National University School of Medicine and Research Institute for Convergence of Biomedical Science and Technology, Pusan National University Yangsan Hospital, Yangsan, Korea
J Clin Gastroenterol 47:432-6. 2013..Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) may cause more severe complications, longer operation time, and higher cost than EMR...
- Spinal nerve ligation-induced activation of nuclear factor kappaB is facilitated by prostaglandins in the affected spinal cord and is a critical step in the development of mechanical allodyniaD D O'Rielly
Division of Basic Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and School of Pharmacy, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 300 Prince Philip Drive, St John s, Newfoundland, Canada A1B 3V6
Neuroscience 155:902-13. 2008This study investigated the effect of 5th and 6th lumbar nerve (L5/L6) spinal nerve ligation (SNL) on activated nuclear factor kappaB (NFkBa) in nuclear extracts from the lumbar dorsal horn of the rat, and its relationship to ..
- Mesenteric lymph duct ligation improves survival in a lethal shock modelChirag D Badami
Department of Surgery, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
Shock 30:680-5. 2008..In the first set of experiments, ligation of the mesenteric lymph duct (LDL), which prevents gut-derived factors carried in the intestinal lymphatics from ..
- Osteopontin is an initial mediator of inflammation and liver injury during obstructive cholestasis after bile duct ligation in miceMin Yang
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
Toxicol Lett 224:186-95. 2014..liver injury during cholestasis, wild-type (WT) C57BL/6 and OPN knockout (OPN-KO) mice underwent bile duct ligation (BDL)...
- Expression changes of multiple brain-derived neurotrophic factor transcripts in selective spinal nerve ligation model and complete Freund's adjuvant modelHiroyuki Kobayashi
Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitology, Okayama University Graduate School Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1, Shikata cho, Okayama City 700 8558, Japan
Brain Res 1206:13-9. 2008..the expression profiles of these novel BDNF transcripts in bilateral L4/5 DRGs in an L5-selective spinal nerve ligation (SSNL) model and bilateral L5 DRGs in a complete Freund's adjuvant (CFA) model of rats...
- Impact of portal branch ligation on tissue regeneration, microcirculatory response and microarchitecture in portal blood-deprived and undeprived liver tissueMichael Gock
Department of General, Vascular, Thoracic and Transplantation Surgery, University of Rostock, 18057 Rostock, Germany
Microvasc Res 81:274-80. 2011Partial ligation of portal branches leads to atrophy of the deprived lobes and hypertrophy of the intact lobes...
- Ligation of macrophage Fcγ receptors recapitulates the gene expression pattern of vulnerable human carotid plaquesMichelle R Lennartz
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e21803. 2011..That ligation of FcγR recapitulates the pattern of gene expression in vulnerable plaques suggests that the FcγR → ..
- Re-evaluation of the phenotypic changes in L4 dorsal root ganglion neurons after L5 spinal nerve ligationTetsuo Fukuoka
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, Japan
Pain 153:68-79. 2012The L5 spinal nerve ligation (SNL) is a widely used animal neuropathic pain model. There are conflicting reports regarding the extent of injury to the L4 dorsal root ganglion (DRG) neurons in this model...
- Changes in myocardial function and hemodynamics after ligation of the ductus arteriosus in preterm infantsShahab Noori
Division of Neonatal Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
J Pediatr 150:597-602. 2007To characterize the changes in systemic hemodynamics and systolic, diastolic, and global myocardial performance after patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) ligation in very-low-birth-weight infants.
- Mouse organic solute transporter alpha deficiency enhances renal excretion of bile acids and attenuates cholestasisCarol J Soroka
Yale Liver Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8019, USA
Hepatology 51:181-90. 2010..In this study, we show that the cholestatic phenotype induced by common bile duct ligation (BDL) is reduced in mice genetically deficient in Ostalpha...
- Early markers of regeneration following ductal ligation in rat submandibular glandEmanuele Cotroneo
Salivary Research Unit, King s College London, Floor 17, Guy s Tower, Dental Institute at Guy s, King s College and St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 9RT, UK
Cell Tissue Res 332:227-35. 2008Rat submandibular glands can recover their function and secretory protein content following ductal ligation-induced atrophy...
- Rat salivary gland ligation causes reversible secretory hypofunctionG H Carpenter
Salivary Research Unit, Floor 17, Guy s Tower, King s College London, London, UK
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 189:241-9. 2007..Secretion by salivary glands involves interactions between nerves, blood vessels and salivary cells. The present study investigated the effects of inflammation on rat submandibular gland function following acute ductal obstruction...
- IL-12, but not IL-18, is critical to neutrophil activation and resistance to polymicrobial sepsis induced by cecal ligation and punctureSusana E Moreno
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Immunol 177:3218-24. 2006..We have investigated the mechanism and relative role of IL-12 and IL-18 in polymicrobial sepsis induced by cecal ligation and puncture (CLP) in mice. Wild-type (WT) and IL-18(-/-) mice were resistant to sublethal CLP (SL-CLP) sepsis...
- Electrophysiological properties of spinal wide dynamic range neurons in neuropathic pain rats following spinal nerve ligationFeng Yu Liu
Neuroscience Research Institute, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Neurosci Bull 27:1-8. 2011..study aimed to investigate the electrophysiological properties of wide dynamic range (WDR) neurons in spinal dorsal horn of rats with neuropathic pain induced by lumber 5 (L5) spinal nerve ligation (SNL) in a large size of samples.
- Melatonin regulates L-arginine transport and NADPH oxidase in young rats with bile duct ligation: role of protein kinase CYou Lin Tain
Department of Pediatrics, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Pediatr Res 73:395-401. 2013Bile duct ligation (BDL) is a commonly used cholestatic liver disease (CLD) model. We recently found that L-arginine levels were significantly raised by melatonin in young rats with BDL...
- Cecal ligation and puncture versus colon ascendens stent peritonitis: two distinct animal models for polymicrobial sepsisStefan Maier
Department of Surgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat, Greifswald, Germany
Shock 21:505-11. 2004Colon ascendens stent peritonitis (CASP) and cecal ligation and puncture (CLP), two animal models designed to closely mimic the clinical course of intra-abdominal sepsis, were compared...
- Inhibition of NF-kappaB ameliorates sepsis-induced downregulation of aquaporin-2/V2 receptor expression and acute renal failure in vivoKlaus Hocherl
Institut fur Physiologie, Universitat Regensburg, Universitätsstr 31, D 93040 Regensburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F196-204. 2010..on sepsis-induced downregulation of vasopressin V(2) receptors and aquaporin (AQP)-2 channels using a cecal ligation and puncture (CLP) mouse model...
- β-Cells are not generated in pancreatic duct ligation-induced injury in adult miceMatthew M Rankin
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes 62:1634-45. 2013..It has been reported that β-cell progenitors can be activated by ductal ligation-induced injury of adult mouse pancreas and apparently act in a cell-autonomous manner to double the functional β-..
- Duct ligation and pancreatic islet blood flow in rats: physiological growth of islets does not affect islet blood perfusionLeif Jansson
Department of Medical Cell Biology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 153:345-51. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate islet blood-flow changes during stimulated growth of the islet organ without any associated functional impairment of islet function...
- Spinal nerve ligation decreases γ-aminobutyric acidB receptors on specific populations of immunohistochemically identified neurons in L5 dorsal root ganglion of the ratMITCHELL P ENGLE
Department of Pharmacology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Comp Neurol 520:1663-77. 2012..in the L4 and L5 dorsal root ganglia (DRG) of the rat in the absence of injury and 2 weeks after L5 spinal nerve ligation. In uninjured DRG, GABA(B(1)) immunoreactivity colocalized exclusively with the neuronal marker (NeuN) and did ..
- Modulation of the cannabinoid receptors by andrographolide attenuates hepatic apoptosis following bile duct ligation in rats with fibrosisTzung Yan Lee
Graduate Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kwei Shan Tao Yuan, Taiwan, ROC
Apoptosis 15:904-14. 2010..study was to test whether the andrographolide limits the evolution of apoptosis in a murine model of bile duct ligation (BDL)-induced hepatic fibrosis...
- A newly synthetic vitamin E derivative, E-Ant-S-GS, attenuates lung injury caused by cecal ligation and puncture-induced sepsis in ratsYohei Kono
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, Oita, Japan
Surgery 151:420-6. 2012....
- Increased sarcolemmal permeability as an early event in experimental septic cardiomyopathy: a potential role for oxidative damage to lipids and proteinsMara R N Celes
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Shock 33:322-31. 2010..occur together with lipid peroxidation and protein nitration in the myocardium in severe sepsis induced by cecal ligation and puncture. Male C57BL/6 mice were submitted to moderate and severe septic injury and sham operation...
- Membrane type (MT) 1-matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) and MMP-2 expression in ligature-induced periodontitis in the ratRon Achong
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, New Orleans, LA, USA
J Periodontol 74:494-500. 2003..This study aims to elucidate the presence and localization of MT1-MMP and MMP-2 in periodontitis in a rat model...
- Prospective randomised study of endovenous radiofrequency obliteration (closure) versus ligation and vein stripping (EVOLVeS): two-year follow-upF Lurie
Straub Foundation, Straub Clinic and Hospital, University of Hawaii John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, HI, USA
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 29:67-73. 2005..To study intermediate clinical outcomes, rates of recurrent varicosities and neovascularisation, ultrasound changes of the GSV, and the quality of life changes in patients from EVOLVeS trial...
- Melatonin ameliorates bile duct ligation-induced systemic oxidative stress and spatial memory deficits in developing ratsLi Tung Huang
Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung 833, Taiwan
Pediatr Res 65:176-80. 2009Bile duct ligation (BDL) induces primary biliary cirrhosis characterized by cholestasis, impaired liver function, and cognition...
- Endogenous noradrenergic tone controls symptoms of allodynia in the spinal nerve ligation model of neuropathic painM Xu
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Pharmacol 366:41-5. 1999Endogenous inhibitory controls were studied in the spinal nerve ligation model of neuropathic pain...
- Patent ductus arteriosus: are current neonatal treatment options better or worse than no treatment at all?Ronald I Clyman
Department of Pediatrics, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Semin Perinatol 36:123-9. 2012..By contrast, ductus ligation, while eliminating the detrimental effects of a PDA on lung development, may create its own set of morbidities ..
- Serotonin protects mouse liver from cholestatic injury by decreasing bile salt pool after bile duct ligationJae Hwi Jang
Swiss HPB Hepato Pancreato Biliary Center, Department of Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Hepatology 56:209-18. 2012..We induced cholestasis by ligation of the bile duct (BDL) in either wild-type (WT) mice or mice lacking peripheral serotonin (Tph1(-/-) and immune ..
- The interaction between high ammonia diet and bile duct ligation in developing rats: assessment by spatial memory and asymmetric dimethylarginineLi Tung Huang
Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung 833, Taiwan
Int J Dev Neurosci 28:169-74. 2010Bile duct ligation (BDL) in developing rats causes cholestasis, impaired liver function and cognition...
- Endoscopic band ligation without electrosurgery: a new technique for excision of small upper-GI leiomyomaSiyu Sun
Endoscopy Center, Second Clinical College of China Medical University, Sanhao Street 36, Shenyang 110004, China
Gastrointest Endosc 60:218-22. 2004Leiomyoma is a relatively common submucosal tumor in the upper-GI tract. The efficacy of a new method for resection of these tumors, endoscopic band ligation, was evaluated.
- Regulation of hepatic eNOS by caveolin and calmodulin after bile duct ligation in ratsV Shah
Gastrointestinal Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 280:G1209-16. 2001..Next, studies were performed 4 wk after bile duct ligation (BDL), a model of portal hypertension characterized by prominent cholestasis, as evidenced by a significant ..
- Development of oxidative stress in the peritubular capillary microenvironment mediates sepsis-induced renal microcirculatory failure and acute kidney injuryZhen Wang
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Am J Pathol 180:505-16. 2012..changes in renal hemodynamics and oxidant generation in the peritubular microenvironment using the murine cecal ligation and puncture (CLP) model of sepsis...
- Methyl-2-acetamidoacrylate, an ethyl pyruvate analog, decreases sepsis-induced acute kidney injury in miceAsada Leelahavanichkul
NIH NIDDK, Bldg 10, Rm 3N108, 10 Center Drive, MSC 1268, Bethesda, MD 20892 1268, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F1825-35. 2008We tested the anti-inflammatory agent methyl-2-acetamidoacrylate (M2AA), an ethyl pyruvate analog, in a cecal ligation-and-puncture (CLP) model of sepsis in CD-1 mice...
- Anti-Inflammatory Glycosaminoglycan Ethers for Treatment of PeriodontitisJUSTIN RODNEY SAVAGE; Fiscal Year: 2011..AGEs from high blood sugar or from inhalation of AGES from tobacco products amplify inflammation by ligation of the cell-surface receptor for AGEs, or RAGE...
- Infant Screening and Diagnosis of Duchenne Muscular Dys*Paul Fernhoff; Fiscal Year: 2007..A bioluminescence assay will be used to measure creatine kinase (CK) levels and multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification (MLPA) techniques to detect deletions and duplications in all 79 exons of the ..
- Role of SAMe on UBC9 and sumolyation in liver cancer and alcoholic liver injuryMaria Lauda Tomasi; Fiscal Year: 2012..The sumoylation cycle is a multistep process, involving maturation, activation, conjugation and ligation;it is catalyzed by multiple enzymes, including E1, E2 and E3 enzymes...
- Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase as a Target for Ischemic CardioprotectionDonna M Van Winkle; Fiscal Year: 2012..conducted in anesthetized mice subjected to acute myocardial ischemia-reperfusion induced by reversible coronary ligation, and in cultured cardiomyocytes subjected to oxygen and glucose deprivation (OGD)...
- Regulation of B Cell Function by Membrane-Cytoskeletal RemodelingNeetu Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2012..of ezrin on unique tyrosine residues suggesting that ezrin participates in signal transduction downstream of BCR ligation. We hypothesize that ezrin orchestrates B cell activation and migration by undergoing multiple and differential ..
- Statin modulation of immunotherapy for Alzheimer diseaseJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2012..characterize lovastatin modulation of microglial phagocytic and antigen presenting phenotypes following CD40 ligation in terms of cell surface, cytokine, and signaling markers specific to phagocytic or antigen presenting states of ..
- REGULATION OF PULMONARY CIRCULATION IN FETUS AND NEWBORNGirija G Konduri; Fiscal Year: 2013..Studies will be done in PAEC and pulmonary arteries harvested from lambs with prenatal ligation of ductus arteriosus (PPHN) and in sham ligation controls...
- Impacts of surface receptors [Toll like receptor (TLRs) and Fc gamma receptors (FCollins Ouma; Fiscal Year: 2012..TLR ligation results in generation of inflammatory sequelae that links the generalized innate immune response with more ..
- Regulation of LPS-mediated HMGB1 Release by Poly (ADP-ribose) Polymerase-1RAJESH K ANEJA; Fiscal Year: 2013..models of sepsis;therefore, in Aim 3 we will assess the potential role of PARP activation in sepsis using cecal ligation and puncture (CLP) procedure in wild-type and PARP-/- mice...
- Mitochondrial and Nuclear Mechanisms of Estrogen Receptor-Mediated CardioprotectiDONNA HOPE KORZICK; Fiscal Year: 2012..Apoptosis will be assessed through in vivo coronary ligation, western blotting for cellular ER subtype targeting and downstream signals, qRT- PCR for ER- mediated gene ..
- Role of Platelet derived growth factor receptor-a in Liver Patho-biologySATDARSHAN SINGH MONGA; Fiscal Year: 2013..upregulation was observed in hepatocytes during hepatic fibrosis in patients, and after bile duct ligation (BDL) in mice...
- Histamine modulation of biliary proliferation and damageHeather L Francis; Fiscal Year: 2013..cholangiocyte proliferation induced by extrahepatic bile duct ligation (BDL);and b. biliary damage (by apoptosis) induced by treatment with the hepatotoxin, carbon tetrachloride (CCl4)...
- Maternal Autoantibodies: Pathogenesis of Neonatal LupusJILL PAMELA BUYON; Fiscal Year: 2013..of apoptotic cardiocytes induces macrophage uptake by an Fc3R-dependent pathway and activation via TLR ligation, which set in motion the final step to irreversible scar...
- Regulation of IFN-beta induction by P2X7 purinergic receptor signalingJUDITH ANNE SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2011..mechanism of how P2X7 exerts its effect, a multi-pronged approach is proposed: We will examine the effect of P2X7 ligation on IFN- [unreadable] induction by different infectious stimuli (e.g. LPS, dsRNA etc...
- The Regulation of Salivary Gland Regeneration by P2Y2 Nucleotide ReceptorsGARY ANDREW WEISMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..We also will use in vivo submandibular gland (SMG) duct-ligation to validate a role for P2Y2Rs in the recovery and regeneration of damaged salivary glands...
- Myosin phosphatase autoinhibition in gastrointestinal smooth muscle contractionAvril V Somlyo; Fiscal Year: 2012..Surface plasmon resonance, isothermal calorimetry, GST-pull down, proximity ligation assays (PLA) and a FRET biosensor will be used to test two molecular models of telokin- induced activation of ..
- Mitochondrial Mechanisms of Programmed Necrosis in the Aged Female HeartAlexandra M Machikas; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using adult and aged female Fisher 344 rats, a coronary artery ligation (CAL) model of I/R will be used to address the question...
- A Novel Murine Model of Chronic Inflammatory PeriodontitusHelieh S Oz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific aims for this proposal will examine targeted antioxidant therapies using mouse models of oral disease as a potential strategy for adjunctive management of human periodontitis. ..
- Role of Oxidative Stress in Post-MI Cardiac Failure Associated with DiabetesMICHAEL FREDERICK HILL; Fiscal Year: 2013..using the streptozotocin (STZ)-diabetic rat in a well-established rat model of HF due to MI by coronary artery ligation. The injection of STZ in rats leads to the development of hyperglycemia, excessive urination, and loss of weight, ..
- Endothelium-Myocardium Interaction in Netrin-1 Induced CardioprotectionHUA LINDA CAI; Fiscal Year: 2013..cells that should be immediately activated upon netrin-1 perfusion, a murine model of left coronary artery ligation and reperfusion will be employed...
- Sphingosine 1-phosphate and cardioprotectionJOEL SAMUEL KARLINER; Fiscal Year: 2012..In the second model, we will study the efficacy of SEW 2871 on ventricular dysfunction caused by ligation of the left anterior descending coronary artery in mice provided by Dr. Michael Mann. As part of Aim 1, Dr...
- A Novel Drug for Septicemia Targets A1 ARsConstance Neely Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2010..anti-sepsis treatment in an animal model of polymicrobial sepsis, bacteremia, and endotoxemia (rat cecal ligation and puncture [CLP]). Administration of L-97-1 as a single intravenous (i.v...
- Regulation of Fibronectin Matrix Assembly by uPARPAULA J MC KEOWN-LONGO; Fiscal Year: 2012..uPAR ligation results in a Src-dependent transactivation of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) which results in the ..
- Biosynthetic Protein Models of Heme-copper Oxidases and Nitric Oxide ReductasesYi Lu; Fiscal Year: 2013..as demonstrated by both spectroscopy and X-ray crystallography, site-directed mutagenesis and expressed protein ligation (EPL) will be employed to introduce natural or unnatural amino acids into the metal-binding sites...
- Molecular Determinants of DNA Sliding and Hopping by a DNA Repair GlycosylaseMENG MENG ROWLAND; Fiscal Year: 2013..Fusion proteins between hUNG and short, positively charged peptides will be constructed using expressed protein ligation technology (EPL) and/or chemical ligation...
- Biliary Atresia, Cholestatic Liver Diseases, and Cystic Fibrosis: Indiana UniversJean Pappas Molleston; Fiscal Year: 2013..conduct a randomized controlled trial of secondary prophylaxis of variceal bleeding comparing endoscopic band ligation (EBL) vs propranolol...
- Gallstone Pancreatitis: Pathogenesis and TreatmentIsaac Samuel; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have used the rodent model of duct ligation-induced acute pancreatitis as an experimental analogy to investigate disease pathogenesis...
- DYSREGULATION OF GSH SYNTHESIS DURING LIVER INJURY AND FIBROSISSHELLY CHI LOO LU; Fiscal Year: 2013..They will complement in vivo studies in mice treated with bile duct ligation or LPS...
- Characterizing gene regulation with single molecule sensitive probesPhilip J Santangelo; Fiscal Year: 2013..a protein at their core, streptavidin, it is our contention that when combined with antibody-based proximity ligation assays (PLAs) and multicolor fluorescence microscopy, single RNA-protein interactions can be detected in fixed ..
- Towards Induction of Cell Transplant ToleranceLina Lu; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Ligation of iC3b with CR3 on myeloid derived infiltrating progenitors leads to development of MDSC, which consequently ..
- Molecular Biology of Erythrocyte AnkyrinPatrick G Gallagher; Fiscal Year: 2010..DNAse-l footprinting and hypersensitive site mapping, methylation interference techniques, guanine-adenine ligation-mediated PCR dimethyl sulfate in vivo footprinting;chromatin immunoprecipitation;developmental-, tissue-, and ..
- REGULATION OF EAE WITH RECOMBINANT TCR LIGANDSArthur A Vandenbark; Fiscal Year: 2013..the RTL therapeutic mechanism, we here propose to focus our attention on T cell tolerance induction by direct RTL ligation of the cognate TCR and by TCR interactions induced by RTL-armed APC. Aim 1...
- Antenatal betamethasone for persistent pulmonary hypertension of newbornGirija G Konduri; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studies will be done in lambs with prenatal ligation of ductus arteriosus to induce PPHN. Pregnant ewes will be randomly assigned to receive betamethasone or saline...
- Role of Selectins in Burns and Inhalation InjuryDaniel Traber; Fiscal Year: 2009..from smoke interact the tissues in the airway to cause the release of chemokines the latter activate PMNs by ligation of L-selectin...
- HMG in Post Operative and Traumatic StressKevin J Tracey; Fiscal Year: 2013..HMGB1 binding to TLR4 and RAGE, substitution of specific amino acids to modify binding and signaling, proximity ligation assays to study intracellular binding of HMGB1 to TLR4 and RAGE, wholly synthetic peptides based on post- ..
- Regulation of TSLP receptor expression and function in eczema in mice and manSteven F Ziegler; Fiscal Year: 2013..a process that depends upon the capacity for dendritic cells (DCs) to upregulate TSLP receptor (TSLPR) following ligation of Fc receptors by allergen...
- Redox regulation of intestinal T cellsALAN DAVID LEVINE; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, the Crohn's disease-derived (a form of inflammatory bowel disease) LPT responds robustly to TCR ligation (e.g...
- The Role of Leptin in Liver FibrogenesisFrank A Anania; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will use Ad -/- mice subjected to either CCl4 or common bile-duct ligation (CBDL) for induction of fibrosis and administer recombinant adiponectin...
- Immunobiology of Acute Environmental AsthmaDavid B Peden; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, cryopyrin is activated after ligation of either pathogen associated molecular pattern receptors (including CD14 facilitated binding of endotoxin by ..
- Role of The Jak-Stat Pathway in Ischemic PreconditioningYu Ting Xuan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cardiac apoptosis will be evaluated by in situ hairpin-1-biotin ligation assay, DNA laddering, TUNEL assays, and immunohistochemistry of active caspase-3 and cleaved poly (ADP-ribose) ..
- C/EBP, atrogin-1, and muscle wastingPer Olof Hasselgren; Fiscal Year: 2009..Experiments are performed in rats made septic by cecal ligation and puncture (CLP) and in sham-operated control rats...
- Epigenetic regulation of liver transportersFrederick J Suchy; Fiscal Year: 2013..histone methylation and histone deacetylation in experimental cholestasis (induced in the mouse by bile duct ligation or injection of endotoxin) change chromatin structure, impair recruitment of coactivators, and contribute to ..
- Study on the intracellular Network of TBX3Taosheng Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim 3, we propose to identify the TBX3 direct targets via chromatin immunoprecipitation-guided ligation selection (CHIP-GLAS)...
- Bifunctional Redox Agent for the Treatment of PPHNGARRY JOHN SOUTHAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..study in anesthetized and mechanically-ventilated newborn lambs in which PPHN has been induced by in utero ligation of the ductus arteriosus...
- The Role of Fibrocytes in Liver FibrosisTatiana Kisseleva; Fiscal Year: 2012..signals in the course of liver fibrosis using two models of liver injury, carbontetrachloride (CCl4 and bile duct ligation (BDL). We anticipate that fibrocytes play an important role in pathogenesis of liver fibrosis (AIM 1)...
- Regulatory Mechanisms of Oxidative Stress in Cardiac Angiogenesis PostinfarctionYao Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using an experimental MI model created by coronary artery ligation in Sprague-Dawley (SD) rats with pharmacological intervention;inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) gene ..
- The Role of RAGE in Diabetes and Myocardial Infarction.KAREN O'SHEA; Fiscal Year: 2013..To meet this goal, we will use the left anterior descending coronary artery ligation model of I/R in strains of diabetic and non- diabetic mice with genetic variations in RAGE and mDia1 expression...
- Sepsis Outcomes and Aging: Role of Sleep Disruption and the Blood Brain BarrierMark R Opp; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will test this hypothesis within the context of four Aims. We will use the well-characterized model of cecal ligation and puncture to induce sepsis in mice...
- Estrogen and TMJ PainPhillip R Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2013..We also expect to determine the mechanism by which estrogen modulates expression of these genes in TG cells. ..
- A Protein Biologic for the Treatment of SepsisRafal M Smigrodzki; Fiscal Year: 2010..in LPS models of sepsis would pave the way for Phase II SBIR work where rhTFAM would be used in the CLP (cecal ligation and puncture) model of sepsis...
- Chronic Toll-like Receptor Ligation and Hematopoietic Stem Cell AgingBrandt L Esplin; Fiscal Year: 2010..the use of an established model, we are primed to answer new questions concerning the effects of chronic TLR ligation on the aging and long-term physiology of HSC...
- The Role of Genetics in Innate Immunity Following CholestasisSamuel M Alaish; Fiscal Year: 2011..We have observed differences in the systemic inflammatory responses and outcome following common bile duct ligation (CBDL) between two inbred mouse strains, C57BL6/cJ (B6) and A/J, suggesting a genetic contribution...
- Mechanisms of Renoprotection by Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase InhibitionDeanna L Kroetz; Fiscal Year: 2013..The renoprotective properties of sEH inhibition will be studied in both a unilateral ureter ligation model and in ischemia/reperfusion...
- Caspase 8: A Novel Suppressor of Dendritic Cell-Mediated AutoimmunityCarla M Cuda; Fiscal Year: 2013..by toll-like receptos 7 and 9 (TLR7/9) since caspase 8-deficient DCs display a hyper- responsiveness to TLR7/9 ligation with increased DNA binding activity of interferon regulatory factor (IRF)...
- SELF-SPLICING INTEINS: FUNCTION, EVOLUTION, APPLICATIONMarlene Belfort; Fiscal Year: 2013..Their autocatalytic peptide cleavage and ligation reactions make them useful tools in modern chemical biology, whereas their existence within proteins critical to ..
- Role of cannabinoid 2 receptors in B lymphocyte functionCatherine E Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2010..production and other B cell functions;also determine if B cell activation increases the expression of CB2 and if ligation of B cell receptors such as CD40, IL-4R, Toll-like, and CB2 produces overlapping transcription factor induction...
- Intra- and Extra-Chromosomal Probes for Mutagenesis by CarcinogensJohn M Essigmann; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., 16 nucleotides) at specific sites. The modified oligonucleotides will be insert:ed by ligation into the gaps, forming a site-specifically modified genome...
- Mechanism of CD40 signaling to APP metabolismMichael J Mullan; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have recently demonstrated that up-regulation of TRAF dependent NF(B activity after CD40 ligation results in increased generation of A[unreadable], most probably by increasing BACE activity...
- Mechanism and regulation of DNA end processing in V(D)J recombination and repairJoAnn M Sekiguchi; Fiscal Year: 2013..that processes broken ends during V(D)J recombination as well as general double strand break repair prior to ligation. Its intrinsic exo- and endonucleolytic activities are modulated by interaction with the DNA-dependent protein ..
- Lipoproteins and Microbial ImmunityHOBART WHITAKER HARRIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..laboratory has recently discovered that infusion of apoE increased rather than decreased mortality after cecal ligation and puncture, an in vivo model of polymicrobial sepsis...
- EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEALAN DAVID LEVINE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 2. Biochemical: Evaluate the specific protein serine kinases and target proteins modulated by the ligation of distinct integrin molecules in the migratory LPT, with a particular focus on vimentin.
- FUNCTION OF THE KINETOPLAST IN THE HEMOFLAGELLATESLarry Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2013..based on the mediation of gRNAs involved multiple 3'-5'cycles of cleavage, U-addition or U-deletion and ligation. The proteins responsible for the enzymatic activities we proposed for this model were identified as components ..
- Prevention of heart failure and death by sphingolipids: outcomes and mechanisms.JOEL KARLINER; Fiscal Year: 2009..In the second model, we will study the efficacy of SEW 2871 on ventricular dysfunction caused by ligation of the left anterior descending coronary artery in mice...
- Polarization and directed cell movements in engineered cellular environmentsDeborah E Leckband; Fiscal Year: 2010..the impact of chemotactic gradients on epithelial cell polarity and migration, and (iii) determine how cadherin ligation and chemoattractants coordinately regulate the spatiotemporal distributions of GTPase activities that direct cell ..
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Pulmonary Vein Insolation vs. Medical Management in PMICHAEL FARRIS WATERS; Fiscal Year: 2010..has greater primary efficacy than the catheter-based approaches and offers an added advantage in that it allows ligation of the atrial appendage -- the predominant source of emboli causing stroke in AF...
- DNA Methylation Profiling of Chronic PainAndreas S Beutler; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the rodent single nerve ligation (SNL) pain model, L4 and L5 dorsal root ganglion (DRG) neurons and glia become dysfunctional with altered ..
- Anti-HLA Antibody Activation of Endothelial Cells in Cardiac TransplantationElaine F Reed; Fiscal Year: 2010..HLA class I and class II signaling pathways have been implicated in this process because ligation of class I and class II molecules by anti-HLA antibodies initiates intracellular signals in endothelial cells ..
- NON-INVASIVE ASSESSMENT OF PERIODONTAL DISEASE ACTIVITYCHRISTINE NIEKRASH; Fiscal Year: 1990..Such knowledge may lead to a better understanding of the disease process and may be useful in developing strategies for treatment of actively-destructive periodontal disease at individual sites...
- MEMBRANE RECEPTOR TRAFFICKING AND ANTIGEN PROCESSINGRichard Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 1999..Mutations of a highly conserved transmembrane tyrosine (tyr587) leads to mIg's which rapidly intend upon antigen ligation, but do not access the antigen processing compartment in murine A20 cells, even if the mIg's interact with Ig-..
- INTEGRIN AVB3 SIGNALLING IN LUNG ENDOTHELIUMSunita Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 1999..Previous work indicates ligation of the alpha(v)beta(3) integrin receptor on lung endothelium by the complement products SC5b-9 and multimeric ..
- GTP-BINDING PROTEIN RHO IN T CELL SIGNALING PATHWAYSJonathan Moorman; Fiscal Year: 2000..b>Ligation of the TCR by antigenic stimuli drives cellular responses that include upregulation of cytokine gene expression, ..
- FUNCTION OF FCERI ON EPIDERMAL LANGERHANS CELLSTERESA BORKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2001..2) To determine the phenotype and changes induced in epidermal Langerhans cells following the ligation of FcERI, and 3) To determine in vivo and in vitro the functional changes induced in epidermal Langerhans cells ..
- Polyamine metabolism in heart and kidney ischemic injuryManoocher Soleimani; Fiscal Year: 2005..hybridization on RNA from normal rat kidneys and kidneys of animals subjected to 30 min of ischemia (renal artery ligation) followed by 12 hrs of reperfusion was performed...
- B7/CD28/CTLA-4 COSTIMULATION IN PATHOGENESIS OF R-EAEStephen Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..Activation of naive T-cells requires TCR occupancy plus CD28-mediated co-stimulatory signals delivered by ligation of B7-1 and B7-2 on antigen presenting cells (APCs)...
- TH2 CELLS AND CYTOKINES AND ALLOGRAFT TOLERANCEJeffrey Punch; Fiscal Year: 2001..of tolerance induced by monoclonal antibodies is that uncommitted T helper cells are stimulated by receptor ligation to preferentially differentiate into a TH2 phenotype that promotes graft tolerance...
- Luciferase Screen for MDM2 E3 Ligase InhibitorsBrent Stockwell; Fiscal Year: 2007..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The E3 ligases are involved in regulating other proteins by covalent ligation to the 76 amino acid protein ubiquitin...
- Enhancement of HIV-specific CD4+ T cell function by blockade of the PD-1 pathwayBrent Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2009..We propose to use a two pronged in vitro and in vivo approach to determine if blockade of PD-1 ligation is a viable therapeutic approach for restoring or augmenting HIV-specific CD4+ T cell function in subjects with ..