Summary: Surgical removal of an obstructing clot or foreign material from a blood vessel at the point of its formation. Removal of a clot arising from a distant site is called EMBOLECTOMY.
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- Mechanical thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke: final results of the Multi MERCI trialWade S Smith
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0114, USA
Stroke 39:1205-12. 2008Endovascular mechanical thrombectomy may be used during acute ischemic stroke due to large vessel intracranial occlusion...
- A retrieval thrombectomy technique with the Solitaire stent in a large cerebral artery occlusionHyun Park
Department of Neurosurgery, Jeju national University School of Medicine, Jeju National University Hospital, Ara 1 Dong, Jeju Si, Jeju Self Governing Province 690 716, Korea
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 153:1625-31. 2011To describe preliminary experiences and the procedural details of retrieval thrombectomy using a self-expanding and fully retrievable Solitaire stent (ev 3 Inc., CA, USA) in acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients with large artery occlusions...
- Mechanical thrombectomy with a self-expanding retrievable intracranial stent (Solitaire AB): experience in 26 patients with acute cerebral artery occlusionF Miteff
Departments of Radiology, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, New South Wales, Australia
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 32:1078-81. 2011..This retrospective review describes the use of a self-expanding retrievable intracranial stent (Solitaire AB) for thrombectomy in acute ischemic stroke.
- Intracoronary abciximab and aspiration thrombectomy in patients with large anterior myocardial infarction: the INFUSE-AMI randomized trialGregg W Stone
Columbia University Medical Center and New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York 10022, USA
JAMA 307:1817-26. 2012..Two strategies proposed to reduce distal embolization and improve outcomes after primary PCI are bolus intracoronary abciximab and manual aspiration thrombectomy.
- Rationale and design of the INFUSE-AMI study: A 2 × 2 factorial, randomized, multicenter, single-blind evaluation of intracoronary abciximab infusion and aspiration thrombectomy in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention for anterior ST-segC Michael Gibson
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am Heart J 161:478-486.e7. 2011....
- Trevo versus Merci retrievers for thrombectomy revascularisation of large vessel occlusions in acute ischaemic stroke (TREVO 2): a randomised trialRaul G Nogueira
Department of Neurology, Grady Memorial Hospital, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Lancet 380:1231-40. 2012..We compared efficacy and safety of the Trevo Retriever, a new stent-like device, with its US Food and Drug Administration-cleared predecessor, the Merci Retriever...
- Solitaire FR thrombectomy system: immediate results in 56 consecutive acute ischemic stroke patientsPaolo Machi
Department of Neuroradiology, Montpellier University Hospital, Montpellier, France
J Neurointerv Surg 4:62-6. 2012..The aim of this study was to present our initial experience regarding the efficacy and safety of the Solitaire FR as a revascularization device...
- Predictors of good clinical outcomes, mortality, and successful revascularization in patients with acute ischemic stroke undergoing thrombectomy: pooled analysis of the Mechanical Embolus Removal in Cerebral Ischemia (MERCI) and Multi MERCI TrialsRaul G Nogueira
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Stroke 40:3777-83. 2009..Embolus Removal in Cerebral Ischemia (MERCI) and Multi MERCI trials evaluated the safety and efficacy of thrombectomy in the treatment of intracranial arterial occlusions within 8 hours of symptom onset...
- Mechanical thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke: thrombus-device interaction, efficiency, and complications in vivoJan Gralla
Department of Interventional and Diagnostic Neuroradiology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Stroke 37:3019-24. 2006Mechanical thrombectomy is a promising new modality of interventional stroke treatment...
- Is there any difference in survival according to the portal tumor thrombectomy method in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma?Yosuke Inoue
Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery Division, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Surgery 145:9-19. 2009..We describe a surgical technique in which the venous wall is peeled off from the PVTT...
- Comparison of AngioJet rheolytic thrombectomy before direct infarct artery stenting with direct stenting alone in patients with acute myocardial infarction. The JETSTENT trialAngela Migliorini
Careggi Hospital, Florence, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:1298-306. 2010The aim of this study was to determine whether rheolytic thrombectomy (RT) before direct infarct artery stenting as compared with direct stenting (DS) alone results in improved myocardial reperfusion and clinical outcome in patients with ..
- Mechanical thrombectomy of intracranial internal carotid occlusion: pooled results of the MERCI and Multi MERCI Part I trialsAlexander C Flint
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco CA 94143 0114, USA
Stroke 38:1274-80. 2007..Mechanical thrombectomy is a newly available modality for acute stroke therapy, but it is unknown whether this endovascular therapy may ..
- Successful thrombectomy in acute terminal internal carotid occlusion using a basket type microsnare in conjunction with temporary proximal occlusion: a case reportKeisuke Imai
Department of Stroke Treatment, Shonan Kamakura General Hospital, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:1395-8. 2005..A 78-year-old man underwent successful percutaneous transarterial microsnare-assisted thrombectomy (PMT) for the treatment of acute terminal ICA occlusion, which was recanalized completely...
- X-sizer for thrombectomy in acute myocardial infarction improves ST-segment resolution: results of the X-sizer in AMI for negligible embolization and optimal ST resolution (X AMINE ST) trialThierry Lefevre
Institut Cardiovasculaire Paris Sud, Massy, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:246-52. 2005We sought to compare, in a prospective randomized multicenter study, the effect of adjunctive thrombectomy using X-Sizer (eV3, White Bear Lake, Minnesota) before percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) versus conventional PCI in patients ..
- Radical nephrectomy with vena caval thrombectomy: a contemporary experienceMatthew G Kaag
Urology Service and Thoracic Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
BJU Int 107:1386-93. 2011To report on the contemporary Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center experience with radical nephrectomy and vena caval thrombectomy.
- Prospective, randomized evaluation of thrombectomy prior to percutaneous intervention in diseased saphenous vein grafts and thrombus-containing coronary arteriesGregg W Stone
Cardiovascular Research Foundation and Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, New York 10022, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:2007-13. 2003We sought to determine whether routine thrombectomy prior to stent implantation in diseased saphenous vein grafts (SVGs) and thrombus-containing native coronary arteries would reduce peri-procedural myonecrosis and subsequently enhance ..
- Revascularization in acute ischaemic stroke using the penumbra system: the first single center experienceI Q Grunwald
Department for International and Diagnostic Neuroradiology, University of Saarland, Homburg, Germany
Eur J Neurol 16:1210-6. 2009..The PS is an innovative mechanical thrombectomy device, employed in the revascularization of large cerebral vessel occlusions in patients via the utilization ..
- Clinical impact of thrombectomy in acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction: an individual patient-data pooled analysis of 11 trialsFrancesco Burzotta
Cardiology Institute, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur Heart J 30:2193-203. 2009b>Thrombectomy in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) is associated to better myocardial reperfusion...
- Plaque instability frequently occurs days or weeks before occlusive coronary thrombosis: a pathological thrombectomy study in primary percutaneous coronary interventionSaskia Z H Rittersma
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 111:1160-5. 2005..We therefore studied the age of intracoronary thrombi, aspirated during angioplasty in patients with acute STEMI...
- Penumbra system: a novel mechanical thrombectomy device for large-vessel occlusions in acute strokeZ Kulcsar
Department of Radiology, Geneva University Hospital, Switzerland
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 31:628-33. 2010..Large IC artery occlusion is often resistant to recanalization. We present our initial experience with the PS...
- Rescue, combined, and stand-alone thrombectomy in the management of large vessel occlusion stroke using the solitaire device: a prospective 50-patient single-center study: timing, safety, and efficacyVincent Costalat
CHU Montpellier, Neuroradiology, Av Augstin Fliche, Montpellier, France
Stroke 42:1929-35. 2011..When intravenous thrombolysis fails, mechanical thrombectomy can provide an alternative and synergistic method for flow restoration...
- Mechanical thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke using the MERCI retriever and penumbra aspiration systemsMatthew S Tenser
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
World Neurosurg 76:S16-23. 2011..Mechanical clot extraction provides a therapeutic option for those who are ineligible for, or who do not respond to, conventional ischemic stroke treatment...
- Effect of high-dose intracoronary adenosine administration during primary percutaneous coronary intervention in acute myocardial infarction: a randomized controlled trialMarieke L Fokkema
Thoraxcenter, Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 2:323-9. 2009..The effect of intracoronary adenosine during primary percutaneous coronary intervention has not been investigated in a large randomized trial...
- Rheolytic thrombectomy with percutaneous coronary intervention for infarct size reduction in acute myocardial infarction: 30-day results from a multicenter randomized studyArshad Ali
Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:244-52. 2006The goal of this work was to determine whether rheolytic thrombectomy (RT) as an adjunct to primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) reduces infarction size and improves myocardial perfusion during treatment of ST-segment ..
- Early single center experience with the solitaire thrombectomy device for the treatment of acute ischemic strokeM Wehrschuetz
Hannes Medical University Graz, Austria
Interv Neuroradiol 17:235-40. 2011..There were no intracranial hemorrhages.The use of the Solitaire in ischemic stroke patients shows encouraging results. However, further prospective large randomized trials are mandatory to confirm these early results...
- Mechanical thromboembolectomy for acute ischemic stroke: comparison of the catch thrombectomy device and the Merci Retriever in vivoCaspar Brekenfeld
Department of Interventional and Diagnostic Neuroradiology, University of Bern, Inselspital, Freiburgstrasse 4, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Stroke 39:1213-9. 2008..The purpose of the study was to compare efficacy and potential complications of 2 commercially available devices for mechanical thromboembolectomy...
- A dedicated animal model for mechanical thrombectomy in acute strokeJ Gralla
Department of Interventional and Diagnostic Neuroradiology, Inselspital, University of Bern, Freiburgstrasse 4, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1357-61. 2006Recent studies have focused on mechanical thrombectomy as a means to reduce the time required for revascularization and increase the revascularization rate in acute stroke...
- Intraoperative thrombus embolization during nephrectomy and tumor thrombectomy: critical analysis of the University of California-Los Angeles experienceBrian Shuch
Department of Urology, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1738, USA
J Urol 181:492-8; discussion 498-9. 2009..occurs in renal cell carcinoma and intraoperative thrombus embolization is a known complication of tumor thrombectomy. We reviewed our experience with this complication to determine frequency, mortality, common factors and ..
- Routine thrombectomy in percutaneous coronary intervention for acute ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction: a randomized, controlled trialAnne Kaltoft
Department of Cardiology B, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Circulation 114:40-7. 2006..Distal embolization during primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) for ST-elevation myocardial infarction may result in reduced myocardial perfusion, infarct extension, and impaired prognosis...
- Impact of intracoronary aspiration thrombectomy during primary angioplasty on left ventricular remodelling in patients with anterior ST elevation myocardial infarctionL De Luca
Department of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Sciences, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Heart 92:951-7. 2006To evaluate prospectively the impact on left ventricular (LV) remodelling of an intracoronary aspiration thrombectomy device as adjunctive therapy in primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) in patients with anterior ST elevation ..
- Adjunctive manual thrombectomy improves myocardial perfusion and mortality in patients undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a meta-analysis of randomized trialsGiuseppe De Luca
Division of Cardiology, Maggiore della Carita Hospital, Eastern Piedmont University, Novara, Italy
Eur Heart J 29:3002-10. 2008..Growing interests are on manual thrombectomy devices as compared with other mechanical devices...
- A device for fast mechanical clot retrieval from intracranial arteries (Phenox clot retriever)Hans Henkes
Abteilung Radiologie und Neuroradiologie, Robert Janker Klinik, Bonn, Germany
Neurocrit Care 5:134-40. 2006To describe a new device meant for rapid endovascular thrombectomy of intracranial arteries of various sizes and its first clinical use.
- Combined distal embolization protection and rheolytic thrombectomy to facilitate percutaneous revascularization of totally occluded saphenous vein graftsRajdeep S Gaitonde
Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Clarian Cardiovascular Center, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 60:212-7. 2003..Rheolytic thrombectomy facilitates percutaneous interventions by effectively removing intraluminal thrombus and debris but lacks ..
- Power-pulse spray thrombectomy for treatment of Paget-Schroetter syndromeAmi D Shah
Department of Interventional Radiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center, One Gustave L Levy Pl, Box 1234, New York, NY 10029, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:1215-7. 2007..three cases of axillary-subclavian vein thrombosis (Paget-Schroetter syndrome) treated with a rapid, novel thrombectomy technique, termed "power-pulse spray thrombectomy," in which a thrombolytic agent is directly infused ..
- Percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy for the management of venous thoracic outlet syndromeDarren B Schneider
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of California San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Endovasc Ther 10:336-40. 2003To describe the successful use of percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy as an adjunct to thrombolysis for acute subclavian vein thrombosis due to venous thoracic outlet syndrome.
- Percutaneous aspiration thrombectomy for the treatment of acute lower extremity deep vein thrombosis: is thrombolysis needed?S H Kwon
Department of Radiology, Kyung Hee University Medical Center, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Clin Radiol 64:484-90. 2009To assess the technical feasibility and initial success of aspiration thrombectomy as a potential alternative to lytic therapy in initial endovascular management of acute lower extremity deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Adjunctive percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy for lower-extremity deep vein thrombosis: clinical and economic outcomesHyun S Kim
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Blalock 545, Baltimore, MD 21287 4010, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:1099-104. 2006To assess the clinical and economic benefits of catheter-directed thrombolysis (CDT) alone versus CDT with rheolytic percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy (PMT) for lower-extremity deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Pharmacomechanical thrombectomy of acute deep vein thrombosis with the Trellis-8 isolated thrombolysis catheterGerard J O'Sullivan
Section of Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, University College Hospital, Newcastle Road, Galway, Ireland
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:715-24. 2007..the performance of the Trellis-8 isolated thrombolysis catheter during single-session pharmacomechanical thrombectomy (PMT) combined with low-dose thrombolysis with tissue plasminogen activator (TPA) in the treatment of patients ..
- Early and long-term clinical results of AngioJet rheolytic thrombectomy in patients with acute pulmonary embolismMassimo Margheri
Dipartimento del Cuore e dei Vasi, Cardiologia e Cardiologia Invasiva 2, A O U Careggi, Florence, Italy
Am J Cardiol 101:252-8. 2008..We report early and long-term outcome of patients with massive or submassive acute PE treated with rheolytic thrombectomy by means of the 6Fr Xpeedior AngioJet device at our institution...
- The feasibility and safety of routine thrombus aspiration in patients with non-ST-elevation myocardial infarctionPieter J Vlaar
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Thoraxcenter, Groningen, The Netherlands
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 72:937-42. 2008..To investigate the feasibility and safety of manual thrombus aspiration in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) for non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI)...
- Percutaneous rheolytic thrombectomy for thrombosed autogenous fistulae and prosthetic arteriovenous grafts: outcome after aggressive surveillance and endovascular managementStavros K Kakkos
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Endovasc Ther 15:91-102. 2008To study the outcome of rheolytic thrombectomy for hemodialysis access occlusion.
- Thrombosed dialysis access grafts: randomized comparison of the Amplatz thrombectomy device and surgical thromboembolectomyRenan Uflacker
Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, Medical University of South Carolina, 171 Ashley Ave, Charleston, SC 29425 9737, USA
Eur Radiol 14:2009-14. 2004We report the final results of the trial comparing the Amplatz thrombectomy device (ATD) with surgical thromboembolectomy (ST) to declot thrombosed dialysis access grafts (DAG)...
- Acute myocardial infarction caused by a septic coronary embolism diagnosed and treated with a thrombectomy catheterM Taniike
Division of Cardiology and Clinical Pathology, Osaka Rosai Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Heart 91:e34. 2005..Immediate coronary angiography showed possible thrombus in the left circumflex artery, which was treated by thrombectomy catheter. Bacterial thrombus was removed and was verified by histological examination...
- [Treatment of acute femoropopliteal bypass graft occlusion: comparison of mechanical rotational thrombectomy with ultrasound-enhanced lysis]C Wissgott
Radiologie, DRK Kliniken Berlin, Berlin
Rofo 180:547-52. 2008Mechanical thrombectomy has become a viable alternative to intra-arterial thrombolysis for the treatment of acute infrainguinal occlusion...
- Mechanical thrombectomy for acute stroke with the alligator retrieval deviceMuhammad S Hussain
Section of Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery, Neurological Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Stroke 40:3784-8. 2009..The Alligator retrieval device, developed for endovascular foreign body retrieval, may also be useful for thrombus removal...
- Mesothelioma and internal carotid artery occlusion: acute ischemic stroke and efficacy of emergency carotid thrombectomyEmanuele Ferrero
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Unit, Mauriziano Umberto I Hospital, Turin, Italy
Ann Vasc Surg 24:257.e9-12. 2010..The patient underwent emergency carotid thrombectomy. The screening tests revealed thrombocytosis, hyperfibrinogenemia, increased C-reactive protein values, and ..
- Impact of thrombectomy with EXPort Catheter in Infarct-Related Artery during Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (EXPIRA Trial) on cardiac deathGennaro Sardella
Department of Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Morphologic Sciences, Sapienza University, Policlinico Umberto I, Rome, Italy
Am J Cardiol 106:624-9. 2010..In the Impact of Thrombectomy with EXPort Catheter in Infarct-Related Artery during Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI; EXPIRA) ..
- Percutaneous AngioJet thrombectomy in the management of extensive deep venous thrombosisK Kasirajan
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of New Mexico Hospital, Albuquerque 87131 5341, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:179-85. 2001This study was undertaken to evaluate the efficacy of a percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy (PMT) device for rapid thrombus removal following deep venous thrombosis (DVT).
- Endovascular popliteal thrombectomy using the self-expanding, retrievable Solitaire recanalization deviceMarius C Wick
Department of Radiology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Endovasc Ther 19:34-6. 2012To present an initial peripheral application of the self-expanding, detachable, fully-retrievable Solitaire FR Recanalization Device for endovascular thrombectomy in the lower leg of a patient with acute peripheral limb ischemia.
- In vivo evaluation of the first dedicated combined flow-restoration and mechanical thrombectomy device in a swine model of acute vessel occlusionP Mordasini
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, University Hospital Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 32:294-300. 2011..The concept combines the advantages of stent deployment with immediate flow-restoration and of mechanical thrombectomy with definitive thrombus removal...
- Direct thrombus retrieval using the reperfusion catheter of the penumbra system: forced-suction thrombectomy in acute ischemic strokeD H Kang
Department of Neuroradiology, Daegu Gyeongbuk Cardiocerebrovascular Center, Kyungpook National University, Republic of Korea
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 32:283-7. 2011Although the PS has been the most promising mechanical thrombectomy device in terms of recanalization rates, even the PS cannot recanalize all cases of occlusion...
- Intervention in acute cerebral ischaemic stroke: a review of the role of pharmacological therapies and intra-arterial mechanical thrombectomy devicesNeeraj Chaudhary
Division of Neurointerventional Surgery, Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5030, USA
Postgrad Med J 87:714-23. 2011..This has led to exploration of intra-arterial mechanical thrombectomy devices to both increase the time window and also attempt to improve patient outcome with and without ..
- Clinical and angiographic predictors and prognostic value of failed thrombus aspiration in primary percutaneous coronary interventionMaarten A Vink
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 4:634-42. 2011..This study sought to investigate which factors are associated with failure of thrombus aspiration (TA) and if this has prognostic implications...
- Initial series of robotic radical nephrectomy with vena caval tumor thrombectomyRonney Abaza
Robotic Urologic Surgery, Department of Urology, Ohio State University Medical Center and James Cancer Hospital, 503 Doan Hall, 410W 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Eur Urol 59:652-6. 2011..We report the first series of robotic nephrectomy with IVC tumor thrombectomy including the first cases requiring cross-clamping of the IVC in a minimally invasive fashion...
- AngioJet rheolytic thrombectomy for acute superficial femoral artery stent or femoropopliteal by-pass thrombosisFrancesco Borgia
Division of Cardiology, Federico II University of Naples, Italy
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 74:76-81. 2010..with ALI due to PTFE femoropopliteal graft thrombosis in which limb salvage was obtained by AngioJet rheolytic thrombectomy and re-stenting...
- Rheolytic thrombectomy with Angiojet in thrombus-containing lesionsMandeep Singh
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 56:1-7. 2002The AngioJet thrombectomy device removes thrombus by creating a negative pressure and causing fragmentation of the thrombus...
- Manual aspiration prior to stenting does not reduce the incidence of filter no reflow in saphenous vein graft lesions protected by FilterWire EX/EZMan Hong Jim
Cardiac Medical Unit, Grantham Hospital, Hong Kong
Acute Card Care 12:92-5. 2010..The beneficial role of manual thrombus aspiration in thrombus-containing lesions has been proven in acute myocardial infarction but data is lacking in saphenous vein graft lesions...
- Safety and efficacy of endovascular thrombectomy in patients with abnormal hemostasis: pooled analysis of the MERCI and multi MERCI trialsRaul G Nogueira
Departments of Vascular and Critical Care Neurology and Interventional Neuroradiology and Endovascular Neurosurgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Stroke 40:516-22. 2009Patients with abnormal hemostasis are not considered candidates for thrombolysis. We analyzed the MERCI/Multi MERCI cohort as an attempt to establish the risks and benefits of thrombectomy in this patient population.
- Percutaneous intervention of acutely occluded saphenous vein grafts: contemporary techniques and outcomesAbdul Rahman R Abdel-Karim
Veterans Affairs North Texas Healthcare System, Dallas, Texas 75216, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 22:253-7. 2010..To examine the contemporary acute and long-term outcomes after percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI) of acutely occluded saphenous vein grafts (SVGs)...
- Surgical management, complications, and outcome of radical nephrectomy with inferior vena cava tumor thrombectomy facilitated by vascular bypassCandace F Granberg
Department of Urology, Mayo Medical School and Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Urology 72:148-52. 2008To describe the technique, complications, and outcomes of vascular bypass during radical nephrectomy and tumor thrombectomy for patients with renal cell carcinoma and venous tumor thrombus...
- Comparison of Diver CE and ZEEK manual aspiration catheters for thrombectomy in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarctionHan Jun Zhao
28th Division, Beijing Anzhen Hospital of Capital Medical University, Beijing 100029, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:648-54. 2009..Tokyo, Japan) aspiration catheters in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) and their impact on 3-month outcome...
- Aggressive percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy of deep venous thrombosis: early clinical resultsFrank R Arko
Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5909 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75903, USA
Arch Surg 142:513-8; discussion 518-9. 2007To evaluate percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy for deep venous thrombosis (DVT).
- [Intracoronary thrombectomy with the Export Aspiration Catheter before angioplasty in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction]R Cohen
Service de cardiologie, Centre Hospitalier Lagny Marne la Vallée, 31, Avenue du General Leclerc, 77000 Lagny sur Marne, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 56:48-53. 2007We aimed to assess the safety and feasibility of thrombectomy with the Export Aspiration Catheter (EAC) before angioplasty, and its ability to improve angiographic results in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI)...
- [Long-term results after recanalization of acute and subacute thrombotic occlusions of the infra-aortic arteries and bypass-grafts using a rotational thrombectomy device]T Zeller
Sektion Angiologie am Herz Zentrum Bad Krozingen, Germany
Rofo 174:1559-65. 2002Evaluation of the acute and long-term results after recanalization of thrombotic occlusions of infra-aortic native arteries, stented arteries and bypass-grafts using a rotational thrombectomy device (8F Straub-Rotarex TM).
- Safety and efficacy of thrombectomy in patients undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention for acute ST elevation MI: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsUmesh U Tamhane
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 10:10. 2010Clinical trials comparing thrombectomy devices with conventional percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI) in patients with acute ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) have produced conflicting results...
- Thrombectomy with the X-SIZER catheter system in the coronary circulation: initial results from a multi-center studyT Ischinger
Division of Cardiology, Klinikum Munchen Bogenhausen, 81925 Munchen, Germany
J Invasive Cardiol 13:81-8. 2001Despite the use of lytics, aggressive antiplatelet agents, stents and thrombectomy devices, intracoronary thrombus remains a challenge for interventional catheter-based techniques, mainly due to insufficient reduction of thrombus and risk ..
- Laparoscopy-assisted radical nephrectomy with inferior vena caval thrombectomy for level II to III tumor thrombus: a single-institution experience and review of the literatureAn N Hoang
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
J Endourol 24:1005-12. 2010Laparoscopy-assisted radical nephrectomy and vena caval thrombectomy (LARN-VCT) is reported to be an alternative to open surgery for renal-cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Long-term survival in patients undergoing radical nephrectomy and inferior vena cava thrombectomy: single-center experienceGaetano Ciancio
Department of Urology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Eur Urol 57:667-72. 2010..Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) with a tumor thrombus extension into the inferior vena cava (IVC) demands aggressive surgical management...
- Massive pulmonary embolism: treatment with the hydrolyser thrombectomy catheterM Fava
Radiology Department, Hospital Clinico, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago
J Vasc Interv Radiol 11:1159-64. 2000To assess the efficacy of clot removal with use of the Hydrolyser thrombectomy catheter in acute massive pulmonary embolism (PE).
- Comparison of in vitro effectiveness of mechanical thrombectomy devicesS Muller-Hulsbeck
Department of Radiology, University Hospital, Arnold Heller Strasse 9, 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:1185-91. 2001To determine the in vitro efficacy of clot removal of the following hydrodynamic thrombectomy devices: the AngioJet (AJ), Hydrolyser (HL), Oasis (OS), and Amplatz Thrombectomy Device (ATD). All devices have 6-F catheters.
- Type III heart block with peripheral use of the Angiojet thrombectomy systemA B Fontaine
Department of Radiology, University of Washington Medical Center, 1959 NE Pacific Street, RR 215, Seattle Washington 98195, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:1223-5. 2001The authors describe the occurrence of type III heart block in a patient undergoing a transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt recanalization with use of the AngioJet thrombectomy system.
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis and/or thrombectomy with selective endovascular stenting as alternatives to systemic anticoagulation for treatment of acute deep vein thrombosisLa Scienya M Jackson
Department of Surgery, St Mary s Hospital, 56 Franklin St, Waterbury, CT 06706, USA
Am J Surg 190:864-8. 2005To evaluate thrombolysis and/or thrombectomy and selective endovascular stent placement in treating acute deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Prognostic factors and treatment outcome in mesenteric vein thrombosisNasim Hedayati
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine and Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 42:217-24. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate clinical presentation, diagnostic evaluation, and treatment outcome of MVT...
- Treatment of acute limb ischemia with a percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy-based endovascular approach: 5-year limb salvage and survival results from a single center seriesGary M Ansel
MidWest Cardiology Research Foundation, Mid Ohio Cardiology Consultants, Inc, 3545 Olentangy River Road, Suite 325, Columbus, Ohio 43214, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 72:325-30. 2008The study evaluated long-term limb salvage and survival of an endovascular approach that incorporates mechanical thrombectomy (PMT) in the management of arterial thrombosis.
- Is surgical thrombectomy to salvage failed autogenous arteriovenous fistulae worthwhile?Robert M Palmer
Academic Department of Surgery, Greenville Hospital System, Greenville, South Carolina 29605, USA
Am Surg 72:1231-3. 2006..Surgical thrombectomy of AV fistulae can be challenging...
- Angioplasty, stenting and thrombectomy to correct left main coronary stem obstruction by a bioprosthetic aortic valveSofia Thomopoulou
Department of Cardiology, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center, Athens, Greece
J Invasive Cardiol 20:E124-5. 2008..We report a unique case of early occurrence of thrombotic obstruction of the left main stem following aortic valve replacement and its interventional management...
- Utilization of an aspiration thrombectomy catheter (Pronto) to treat acute atherothrombotic embolization during percutaneous revascularization of the lower extremityNayab Zafar
Cardiovascular Catheterization Laboratory, San Diego, California, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 71:972-5. 2008..This was successfully treated with the use of the coronary aspiration thrombectomy device Pronto (Vascular Solutions, Minneapolis, MN) resulting in flow restoration.
- Percutaneous transhepatic thrombectomy and pharmacologic thrombolysis of mesenteric venous thrombosisWei Zhou
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, VA Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, 1709 Dryden Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Vascular 15:41-5. 2007..We herein describe use of transhepatic percutaneous thrombectomy and pharmacologic thrombolysis in treating two cases of symptomatic mesenteric venous thrombosis...
- Paradoxical worsening of shock after the use of a percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy device in a postpartum patient with a massive pulmonary embolismNidhi Kumar
Department of Medicine, New York University Medical Center, 550 1st Ave, NBV 16N 26, New York, NY 10016, USA
Chest 132:677-9. 2007
- Clinical and economic evaluation of the trellis thrombectomy device for arterial occlusions: preliminary analysisTimur P Sarac
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Vasc Surg 39:556-9. 2004..This preliminary study examined the technical efficacy, safety, and cost of treating arterial occlusions with a single device that combines pharmacologic and mechanical thrombolysis...
- The use of mechanical thrombectomy devices in the management of acute peripheral arterial occlusive diseaseK Kasirajan
Department of Vascular Surgery, University of New Mexico Hospital, 2 ACC, 2211 Lomas Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5341, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:405-11. 2001A number of percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy devices are currently being used or undergoing clinical evaluation for the treatment of acute and chronic limb-threatening ischemia...
- Effects of location and extension of portal vein tumor thrombus on long-term outcomes of surgical treatment for hepatocellular carcinomaXiao Ping Chen
Hepatic Surgery Center, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 430030, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Ann Surg Oncol 13:940-6. 2006The role of surgical resection and thrombectomy for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) with portal vein tumor thrombus (PVTT) is controversial...
- Single-center experience with the Arrow-Trerotola Percutaneous Thrombectomy Device in the management of thrombosed native dialysis fistulasJosh B Shatsky
Department of Radiology, Division of Interventional Radiology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 1 Silverstein, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:1605-11. 2005....
- Mechanical thrombectomy as a first-line treatment for arterial occlusionK Kasirajan
Division of Vascular Surgery, The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 14:123-31. 2001The use of percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy devices to restore flow to an acutely ischemic limb is gaining popularity...
- Safety of mechanical thrombectomy and intravenous tissue plasminogen activator in acute ischemic stroke. Results of the multi Mechanical Embolus Removal in Cerebral Ischemia (MERCI) trial, part IW S Smith
Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1177-82. 2006..Patients who receive IV tPA but do not recanalize may also benefit from thrombectomy, but the revascularization efficacy and safety of this strategy has not been reported.
- Acute ischemia of the upper extremity: long-term results following thrombembolectomy with the Fogarty catheterT Hernandez-Richter
Department of Surgery, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig-Maximilians University, Marchioninistrasse 15, , Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 386:261-6. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The results of the present study indicate that, in most cases, thrombembolectomy with the Fogarty catheter represents a successful surgical method for the acute treatment of arterial occlusion of the upper extremity...
- Adjuvant intraportal venous chemotherapy for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and portal vein tumor thrombi following hepatectomy plus portal thrombectomyLi Jian Liang
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, 58 Zhongshan Road 2, Guangzhou, 510080, People s Republic of China
World J Surg 32:627-31. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical value of adjuvant chemobiotherapy via portal vein for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) with portal vein tumor thrombi (PVTT) following hepatectomy plus thrombectomy.
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis with percutaneous rheolytic thrombectomy versus thrombolysis alone in upper and lower extremity deep vein thrombosisHyun S Kim
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 29:1003-7. 2006To compare the efficacy of catheter-directed thrombolysis (CDT) alone versus CDT with rheolytic percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy (PMT) for upper and lower extremity deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Late results of surgical venous thrombectomy with iliocaval stentingOlivier Hartung
Service de Chirurgie Vasculaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Nord, Marseille, France
J Vasc Surg 47:381-7. 2008Iliac vein occlusive disease leads to 73% of rethrombosis that occurs after venous thrombectomy when left untreated...
- Transhepatic catheter-directed thrombectomy and thrombolysis of acute superior mesenteric venous thrombosisHyun S Kim
Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Blalock 545, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:1685-91. 2005..To evaluate clinical outcomes after percutaneous treatment of superior mesenteric vein (SMV) thrombosis...
- Intracranial dural sinus thrombosis: novel use of a mechanical thrombectomy catheter and review of management strategiesShah Naz Hayat Khan
The Neuroscience Institute, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Clin Med Res 7:157-65. 2009..We highlight the novel use of an endovascular device (typically for suction thrombectomy in the peripheral vascular system) used in our patient with a life-threatening multi-sinus thrombosis...
- Intraarterial suction thrombectomy in acute strokeHelmi L Lutsep
Oregon Stroke Center, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 23:783-6. 2002..and thrombolysis in myocardial infarction (TIMI) 0-1 flow were treated by using intraarterial (IA) suction thrombectomy a mean of 4.2 hours after stroke onset...
- [Percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy by means of rotational thrombectomy. Current study situation]Michael Lichtenberg
Klinik fur Kardiologie, Angiologie und Pneumologie, Philippusstift Essen, Katholische Kliniken Essen Nord West gGmbH, Hülsmannstraße 17, Essen, Germany
Med Klin (Munich) 105:705-10. 2010..There are different therapy options for reperfusion therapy including balloon thrombectomy, local lysis and rotational thrombectomy...
- Peripheral arterial applications of percutaneous mechanical thrombectomyStefan Muller-Hulsbeck
Department of Radiology, University Hospital, Kiel, Germany
Tech Vasc Interv Radiol 6:22-34. 2003Various devices have been introduced for the purpose of percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy (PMT)...
- Clinical outcomes in middle cerebral artery trunk occlusions versus secondary division occlusions after mechanical thrombectomy: pooled analysis of the Mechanical Embolus Removal in Cerebral Ischemia (MERCI) and Multi MERCI trialsZhong Song Shi
Division of Interventional Neuroradiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 757 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7437, USA
Stroke 41:953-60. 2010..In this analysis, we compared revascularization status and clinical outcomes in patients with angiographically confirmed MCA M1 versus isolated M2 occlusions treated with mechanical thrombectomy using the Merci Retriever devices.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma associated with tumor thrombosis in the portal vein: the effects of different treatmentsJia Fan
Liver Cancer Institute, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University Shanghai Medical School, 136 Yi Xue Yuan Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2:513-9. 2003..To compare the effects of different treatments for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) with tumor thrombosis in the portal vein (TTPV) and evaluate the factors influencing the prognosis...
- Liver resection with portal vein thrombectomy for hepatocellular carcinoma with vascular invasionLuca Aldrighetti
Department of Surgery Liver Unit, Scientific Institute San Raffaele, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1254. 2009..In surgically resected series, in patients with gross PVTT (PVTT in the portal trunk, its first-order branch, or its second-order branch), the 3-year and 5-year survival rates are reportedly 15% to 28% and 0% to 17%, respectively...
- Endovascular techniques in the treatment of acute limb ischemia: thrombolytic agents, trials, and percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy techniquesKenneth Ouriel
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 16:270-9. 2003..The treatment options include primary surgical revascularization, thrombolytic therapy, percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy, or a combination of any of the three...
- A fast-growing obstructive left atrial intramural hematoma causing acute prolonged chest painAntonio Lanfranchi
Unit of Cardiology, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 9:363-5. 2009..We have provided evidence of the possible rapid formation of a large intramural atrial hematoma. Spontaneous atrial wall dissection should be considered in the differential diagnosis of chest pain...
- The "GP" mechanical thrombectomy deviceGillian Pearce
University of Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 18:288-93. 2009We present data concerning the extraction of clots using the newly invented "GP" mechanical thrombectomy device (MTD). Artificial and porcine clots of various lengths were used in plastic tube models of an artery...
- Endovascular mechanical thrombectomy of an occluded superior division branch of the left MCA for acute cardioembolic strokeH C Schumacher
The Neurological Institute, Doris and Stanley Tananbaum Stroke Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, Box 131, 710 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 26:305-8. 2003..We report successful mechanical thrombectomy from a distal branch of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) using a novel technique...
- Improved Thrombolysis In Deep Venous OcclusionsVinayak Kini; Fiscal Year: 2003We have developed concepts for improving the efficiency of hydrolytic-aspiration type mechanical thrombectomy device (MTD) catheter systems for use in the treatment of thrombosed Hemodialysis Grafts (HDG)...
- Novel Thrombectomy Catheter for Ischemic StrokeGUIREN WANG; Fiscal Year: 2004The goal of the proposed study is to design, fabricate and test an optimal thrombectomy catheter for treatment of ischemic stroke...
- Mechanical Clot Obliteration for the Treatment of StrokeMatthew Gounis; Fiscal Year: 2007An ultra-thin thrombectomy wire will be developed that uses transverse ultrasound waves at its tip to selectively and safely disintegrate intracranial blood clot without damage to the adjacent structures...
- EARLY DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF DIALYSIS GRAFT STENOSISMichelle Robbin; Fiscal Year: 2003..transluminal angioplasty (PTA) or surgical revision techniques have longer patency than thrombosed grafts after thrombectomy. Therefore, early stenosis detection with treatment of the hemodynamically significant stenoses found (in ..
- Polymer Actuator for Peripheral Vessel ThrombectomyMELODIE METZGER; Fiscal Year: 2004..Further, we propose to apply basic work on SMP foam actuator structure/property relationships to a mechanical thrombectomy device...
- Predictors of Hemodialysis Access DysfunctionHaimanot Wasse; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies aim to elucidate reasons for the disparities in vascular access survival among diabetics and AA's. ..
- Interventional Management of Stroke III Planning GrantJoseph Broderick; Fiscal Year: 2004..10. Explore funding of interventional angiography by CMS. 11. Continue interaction with industry, with attention to devices that might be applied to a device-augmented future IV/IA paradigm. ..
- Familial Intracranial Aneurysm StudyJoseph Broderick; Fiscal Year: 2006..Only a multidisciplinary, collaborative effort to identify, accrue, and genotype FIA families will be successful in identifying sufficient high-risk families to characterize the genetic basis of IA. ..
- Cerebrovascular Fellowship Training ProgramJoseph Broderick; Fiscal Year: 2007..Potential trainees must have completed a residency in neurology or emergency medicine and must demonstrate a commitment to an academic career in cerebrovascular disease. ..
- Genetic&Environment Risk Factors for Hemorrhagic StrokeJoseph Broderick; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Field Administration of Stroke Therapy - Magnesium TrialJeffrey Saver; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- GENETIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL RISK FACTORS FOR STROKEJoseph Broderick; Fiscal Year: 2000..Hypothesis 5: although the age- and sex-adjusted incidence rates of both ICH and SAH will be increased among African-Americans as compared to whites, race will not be an independent risk factor for either ICH or SAH. ..
- Familiar Intracranial Aneurysm Study II (FIA II)Joseph Broderick; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, we will use bioinformatics, statistical methods, and gene sequencing, to identify specific disease producing mutations and/or high risk haplotypes whose functional relevance will be subsequently explored. ..
- Vein Wall Fibrotic Injury After DVT is SLC-CCR7 DependentPeter K Henke; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long term goal is to define a therapy to decrease post thrombotic syndrome, a common and morbid complication of deep vein thrombosis. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Pulmonary HypertensionPatricia A Thistlethwaite; Fiscal Year: 2010..Information gained from these proposed experiments should elucidate a molecular mechanism for pulmonary hypertension and suggest possible treatment strategies for this disease. ..
- Vein Wall Fibrotic Injury After DVT is SLC-CCR7 DependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..The long term goal is to define a therapy to decrease post thrombotic syndrome, a common and morbid complication of deep vein thrombosis. ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- AMPHETAMINE ENHANCED STROKE RECOVERY--BURKE SRCI GROUPLarry Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2002..However the treatment duration will be increased to a total of 10 sessions. ..
- MIDCAREER INVESTIGATOR AWARD IN CEREBROVASCULAR RESEARCHLarry Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- RADIATION ARTERIOPATHY IN A TRANSGENIC AV FISTULA MODELMichael Lawton; Fiscal Year: 2004..If NO and TGF-01 are involved in the radiation arteriopathy of AVMs, they might be used to enhance the efficacy of conventional stereotactic radiosurgery as part of a gene therapy for high-grade cerebral AVMs. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Pulmonary HypertensionPatricia Thistlethwaite; Fiscal Year: 2005..Information gained from these proposed experiments should elucidate a molecular mechanism for pulmonary hypertension and suggest possible treatment strategies for this disease. ..
- Midcareer Development in Nonpharmacologic AnalgesiaElvira Lang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The mentoring of beginning clinical researchers will have contributed towards fostering a self- sustaining mode of integrated practice in the future. ..
- Thrombus resolution is CXC chemokine dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Acute Outcomes & Management of TIA with Carotid DiseaseMAI NGUYEN HUYNH; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of these studies will provide physicians with evidence-based recommendations, and will foster Dr. Nguyen-Huynh's career as an independent clinical investigator in cerebrovascular diseases. ..
- Role of Progenitor Cells in Hindlimb RevascularizationDarren Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2007..By defining the role of progenitor cells in neovascularization, this proposal will support the development of novel cellular and molecular therapies for patients with vascular disease. ..
- Endothelial Function in Human Peripheral ArteriesVikram Kashyap; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will test a novel clot-dissolving combination that may improve cellular function and outcomes after artery clotting. ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Pulmonary HypertensionPatricia Thistlethwaite; Fiscal Year: 2007..Information gained from these proposed experiments should elucidate a molecular mechanism for pulmonary hypertension and suggest possible treatment strategies for this disease. ..