Summary: Surgical removal of an obstructing clot or foreign material from a blood vessel at the point of its formation. Removal of a clot arising from a distant site is called EMBOLECTOMY.
Publications273 found, 100 shown here
- Trevo versus Merci retrievers for thrombectomy revascularisation of large vessel occlusions in acute ischaemic stroke (TREVO 2): a randomised trialRaul G Nogueira
Department of Neurology, Grady Memorial Hospital, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Lancet 380:1231-40. 2012..We compared efficacy and safety of the Trevo Retriever, a new stent-like device, with its US Food and Drug Administration-cleared predecessor, the Merci Retriever...
- Intracoronary abciximab and aspiration thrombectomy in patients with large anterior myocardial infarction: the INFUSE-AMI randomized trialGregg W Stone
Columbia University Medical Center and New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York 10022, USA
JAMA 307:1817-26. 2012..Two strategies proposed to reduce distal embolization and improve outcomes after primary PCI are bolus intracoronary abciximab and manual aspiration thrombectomy.
- A retrieval thrombectomy technique with the Solitaire stent in a large cerebral artery occlusionHyun Park
Department of Neurosurgery, Jeju national University School of Medicine, Jeju National University Hospital, Ara 1 Dong, Jeju Si, Jeju Self Governing Province 690 716, Korea
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 153:1625-31. 2011To describe preliminary experiences and the procedural details of retrieval thrombectomy using a self-expanding and fully retrievable Solitaire stent (ev 3 Inc., CA, USA) in acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients with large artery occlusions...
- Mechanical thrombectomy with a self-expanding retrievable intracranial stent (Solitaire AB): experience in 26 patients with acute cerebral artery occlusionF Miteff
Departments of Radiology, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, New South Wales, Australia
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 32:1078-81. 2011..This retrospective review describes the use of a self-expanding retrievable intracranial stent (Solitaire AB) for thrombectomy in acute ischemic stroke.
- Rationale and design of the INFUSE-AMI study: A 2 × 2 factorial, randomized, multicenter, single-blind evaluation of intracoronary abciximab infusion and aspiration thrombectomy in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention for anterior ST-segC Michael Gibson
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am Heart J 161:478-486.e7. 2011....
- Solitaire FR thrombectomy system: immediate results in 56 consecutive acute ischemic stroke patientsPaolo Machi
Department of Neuroradiology, Montpellier University Hospital, Montpellier, France
J Neurointerv Surg 4:62-6. 2012..The aim of this study was to present our initial experience regarding the efficacy and safety of the Solitaire FR as a revascularization device...
- Is there any difference in survival according to the portal tumor thrombectomy method in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma?Yosuke Inoue
Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery Division, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Surgery 145:9-19. 2009..We describe a surgical technique in which the venous wall is peeled off from the PVTT...
- Mechanical thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke: thrombus-device interaction, efficiency, and complications in vivoJan Gralla
Department of Interventional and Diagnostic Neuroradiology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Stroke 37:3019-24. 2006Mechanical thrombectomy is a promising new modality of interventional stroke treatment...
- Predictors of good clinical outcomes, mortality, and successful revascularization in patients with acute ischemic stroke undergoing thrombectomy: pooled analysis of the Mechanical Embolus Removal in Cerebral Ischemia (MERCI) and Multi MERCI TrialsRaul G Nogueira
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Stroke 40:3777-83. 2009..Embolus Removal in Cerebral Ischemia (MERCI) and Multi MERCI trials evaluated the safety and efficacy of thrombectomy in the treatment of intracranial arterial occlusions within 8 hours of symptom onset...
- Mechanical thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke: final results of the Multi MERCI trialWade S Smith
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0114, USA
Stroke 39:1205-12. 2008Endovascular mechanical thrombectomy may be used during acute ischemic stroke due to large vessel intracranial occlusion...
- Neurothrombectomy devices for the treatment of acute ischemic stroke: state of the evidenceWilliam L Baker
University of Connecticut Hartford Hospital Evidence Based Practice Center, 06102 5037, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:243-52. 2011..Acute ischemic strokes are associated with poor outcomes and high health care burden. Evidence exists evaluating the use of neurothrombectomy devices in patients receiving currently recommended treatments that may have limited efficacy...
- Comparison of AngioJet rheolytic thrombectomy before direct infarct artery stenting with direct stenting alone in patients with acute myocardial infarction. The JETSTENT trialAngela Migliorini
Careggi Hospital, Florence, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:1298-306. 2010The aim of this study was to determine whether rheolytic thrombectomy (RT) before direct infarct artery stenting as compared with direct stenting (DS) alone results in improved myocardial reperfusion and clinical outcome in patients with ..
- Mechanical thrombectomy of intracranial internal carotid occlusion: pooled results of the MERCI and Multi MERCI Part I trialsAlexander C Flint
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco CA 94143 0114, USA
Stroke 38:1274-80. 2007..Mechanical thrombectomy is a newly available modality for acute stroke therapy, but it is unknown whether this endovascular therapy may ..
- Design and rationale of the TOTAL trial: a randomized trial of routine aspiration ThrOmbecTomy with percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) versus PCI ALone in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction undergoing primary PCISanjit S Jolly
McMaster University and the Population Health Research Institute, Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada Electronic address
Am Heart J 167:315-321.e1. 2014..Manual thrombectomy has the potential to reduce distal embolization and improve microvascular perfusion...
- A meta-analytic overview of thrombectomy during primary angioplastyGiuseppe De Luca
Division of Cardiology, Maggiore della Carita Hospital, Eastern Piedmont University, Novara, Italy
Int J Cardiol 166:606-12. 2013..The aim of this article is to perform an updated meta-analysis of thrombectomy devices in STEMI patients undergoing primary angioplasty.
- Higher degrees of recanalization after mechanical thrombectomy for acute stroke are associated with improved outcome and decreased mortality: pooled analysis of the MERCI and Multi MERCI trialsJ D Fields
Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 32:2170-4. 2011..We hypothesized that greater degrees of recanalization would be associated with a higher likelihood of favorable functional outcomes...
- Role of aspiration and mechanical thrombectomy in patients with acute myocardial infarction undergoing primary angioplasty: an updated meta-analysis of randomized trialsDharam J Kumbhani
Division of Cardiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas Electronic address
J Am Coll Cardiol 62:1409-18. 2013This meta-analysis was designed to update data on clinical outcomes with aspiration thrombectomy or mechanical thrombectomy before primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) compared with conventional primary PCI alone.
- The impact of targeted molecular therapies on the level of renal cell carcinoma vena caval tumor thrombusNicholas G Cost
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9110, USA
Eur Urol 59:912-8. 2011..Targeted molecular therapies (TMTs) previously have demonstrated oncologic activity in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) by reducing the size of primary tumors and metastases...
- Merci mechanical thrombectomy retriever for acute ischemic stroke therapy: literature reviewAmer Alshekhlee
Souers Stroke Institute, St Louis University, St Louis, MO, USA
Neurology 79:S126-34. 2012Mechanical thrombectomy is a promising adjuvant or stand-alone therapy for acute ischemic stroke (AIS) caused by occlusion of a large vessel in patients beyond the systemic thrombolysis therapeutic window...
- Renal cell carcinoma with tumor thrombus extension into the vena cava: prospective long-term followupAxel Haferkamp
Department of Urology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Urol 177:1703-8. 2007..We prospectively evaluated long-term survival in patients with renal cell carcinoma extending to the inferior vena cava...
- Impact of thrombectomy with EXPort Catheter in Infarct-Related Artery during Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (EXPIRA Trial) on cardiac deathGennaro Sardella
Department of Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Morphologic Sciences, Sapienza University, Policlinico Umberto I, Rome, Italy
Am J Cardiol 106:624-9. 2010..In the Impact of Thrombectomy with EXPort Catheter in Infarct-Related Artery during Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI; EXPIRA) ..
- Pharmacomechanical thrombectomy of acute deep vein thrombosis with the Trellis-8 isolated thrombolysis catheterGerard J O'Sullivan
Section of Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, University College Hospital, Newcastle Road, Galway, Ireland
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:715-24. 2007..the performance of the Trellis-8 isolated thrombolysis catheter during single-session pharmacomechanical thrombectomy (PMT) combined with low-dose thrombolysis with tissue plasminogen activator (TPA) in the treatment of patients ..
- Mechanical thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke using the MERCI retriever and penumbra aspiration systemsMatthew S Tenser
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
World Neurosurg 76:S16-23. 2011..Mechanical clot extraction provides a therapeutic option for those who are ineligible for, or who do not respond to, conventional ischemic stroke treatment...
- Rheolytic thrombectomy with percutaneous coronary intervention for infarct size reduction in acute myocardial infarction: 30-day results from a multicenter randomized studyArshad Ali
Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:244-52. 2006The goal of this work was to determine whether rheolytic thrombectomy (RT) as an adjunct to primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) reduces infarction size and improves myocardial perfusion during treatment of ST-segment ..
- Effect of high-dose intracoronary adenosine administration during primary percutaneous coronary intervention in acute myocardial infarction: a randomized controlled trialMarieke L Fokkema
Thoraxcenter, Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 2:323-9. 2009..The effect of intracoronary adenosine during primary percutaneous coronary intervention has not been investigated in a large randomized trial...
- Early single center experience with the solitaire thrombectomy device for the treatment of acute ischemic strokeM Wehrschuetz
Hannes Medical University Graz, Austria
Interv Neuroradiol 17:235-40. 2011..There were no intracranial hemorrhages.The use of the Solitaire in ischemic stroke patients shows encouraging results. However, further prospective large randomized trials are mandatory to confirm these early results...
- Penumbra system: a novel mechanical thrombectomy device for large-vessel occlusions in acute strokeZ Kulcsar
Department of Radiology, Geneva University Hospital, Switzerland
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 31:628-33. 2010..Large IC artery occlusion is often resistant to recanalization. We present our initial experience with the PS...
- Clinical impact of thrombectomy in acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction: an individual patient-data pooled analysis of 11 trialsFrancesco Burzotta
Cardiology Institute, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur Heart J 30:2193-203. 2009b>Thrombectomy in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) is associated to better myocardial reperfusion...
- X-sizer for thrombectomy in acute myocardial infarction improves ST-segment resolution: results of the X-sizer in AMI for negligible embolization and optimal ST resolution (X AMINE ST) trialThierry Lefevre
Institut Cardiovasculaire Paris Sud, Massy, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:246-52. 2005We sought to compare, in a prospective randomized multicenter study, the effect of adjunctive thrombectomy using X-Sizer (eV3, White Bear Lake, Minnesota) before percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) versus conventional PCI in patients ..
- Rescue, combined, and stand-alone thrombectomy in the management of large vessel occlusion stroke using the solitaire device: a prospective 50-patient single-center study: timing, safety, and efficacyVincent Costalat
CHU Montpellier, Neuroradiology, Av Augstin Fliche, Montpellier, France
Stroke 42:1929-35. 2011..When intravenous thrombolysis fails, mechanical thrombectomy can provide an alternative and synergistic method for flow restoration...
- Prospective, randomized evaluation of thrombectomy prior to percutaneous intervention in diseased saphenous vein grafts and thrombus-containing coronary arteriesGregg W Stone
Cardiovascular Research Foundation and Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, New York 10022, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:2007-13. 2003We sought to determine whether routine thrombectomy prior to stent implantation in diseased saphenous vein grafts (SVGs) and thrombus-containing native coronary arteries would reduce peri-procedural myonecrosis and subsequently enhance ..
- Radical nephrectomy with vena caval thrombectomy: a contemporary experienceMatthew G Kaag
Urology Service and Thoracic Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
BJU Int 107:1386-93. 2011To report on the contemporary Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center experience with radical nephrectomy and vena caval thrombectomy.
- A dedicated animal model for mechanical thrombectomy in acute strokeJ Gralla
Department of Interventional and Diagnostic Neuroradiology, Inselspital, University of Bern, Freiburgstrasse 4, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1357-61. 2006Recent studies have focused on mechanical thrombectomy as a means to reduce the time required for revascularization and increase the revascularization rate in acute stroke...
- Mechanical thromboembolectomy for acute ischemic stroke: comparison of the catch thrombectomy device and the Merci Retriever in vivoCaspar Brekenfeld
Department of Interventional and Diagnostic Neuroradiology, University of Bern, Inselspital, Freiburgstrasse 4, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Stroke 39:1213-9. 2008..The purpose of the study was to compare efficacy and potential complications of 2 commercially available devices for mechanical thromboembolectomy...
- Intraoperative thrombus embolization during nephrectomy and tumor thrombectomy: critical analysis of the University of California-Los Angeles experienceBrian Shuch
Department of Urology, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1738, USA
J Urol 181:492-8; discussion 498-9. 2009..occurs in renal cell carcinoma and intraoperative thrombus embolization is a known complication of tumor thrombectomy. We reviewed our experience with this complication to determine frequency, mortality, common factors and ..
- Effects of location and extension of portal vein tumor thrombus on long-term outcomes of surgical treatment for hepatocellular carcinomaXiao Ping Chen
Hepatic Surgery Center, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 430030, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Ann Surg Oncol 13:940-6. 2006The role of surgical resection and thrombectomy for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) with portal vein tumor thrombus (PVTT) is controversial...
- Routine thrombectomy in percutaneous coronary intervention for acute ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction: a randomized, controlled trialAnne Kaltoft
Department of Cardiology B, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Circulation 114:40-7. 2006..Distal embolization during primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) for ST-elevation myocardial infarction may result in reduced myocardial perfusion, infarct extension, and impaired prognosis...
- Impact of intracoronary aspiration thrombectomy during primary angioplasty on left ventricular remodelling in patients with anterior ST elevation myocardial infarctionL De Luca
Department of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Sciences, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Heart 92:951-7. 2006To evaluate prospectively the impact on left ventricular (LV) remodelling of an intracoronary aspiration thrombectomy device as adjunctive therapy in primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) in patients with anterior ST elevation ..
- Adjunctive manual thrombectomy improves myocardial perfusion and mortality in patients undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a meta-analysis of randomized trialsGiuseppe De Luca
Division of Cardiology, Maggiore della Carita Hospital, Eastern Piedmont University, Novara, Italy
Eur Heart J 29:3002-10. 2008..Growing interests are on manual thrombectomy devices as compared with other mechanical devices...
- Plaque instability frequently occurs days or weeks before occlusive coronary thrombosis: a pathological thrombectomy study in primary percutaneous coronary interventionSaskia Z H Rittersma
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 111:1160-5. 2005..We therefore studied the age of intracoronary thrombi, aspirated during angioplasty in patients with acute STEMI...
- Renal cell carcinoma with inferior vena caval extention: impact of tumour extent on surgical outcomeMohammed Al Otaibi
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BJU Int 104:1467-70. 2009..To evaluate our experience with surgical resection of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) with inferior vena cava (IVC) involvement and examine the relationship between prognosis and tumour extent...
- Clinical outcomes in middle cerebral artery trunk occlusions versus secondary division occlusions after mechanical thrombectomy: pooled analysis of the Mechanical Embolus Removal in Cerebral Ischemia (MERCI) and Multi MERCI trialsZhong Song Shi
Division of Interventional Neuroradiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 757 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7437, USA
Stroke 41:953-60. 2010..In this analysis, we compared revascularization status and clinical outcomes in patients with angiographically confirmed MCA M1 versus isolated M2 occlusions treated with mechanical thrombectomy using the Merci Retriever devices.
- Thrombus aspiration followed by direct stenting: a novel strategy of primary percutaneous coronary intervention in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Results of the Polish-Italian-Hungarian RAndomized ThrombEctomy Trial (PIHRATE Trial)Dariusz Dudek
Department of Interventional Cardiology Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
Am Heart J 160:966-72. 2010Previous studies with thrombectomy showed different results, mainly due to use of thrombectomy as an additional device not instead of balloon predilatation...
- A device for fast mechanical clot retrieval from intracranial arteries (Phenox clot retriever)Hans Henkes
Abteilung Radiologie und Neuroradiologie, Robert Janker Klinik, Bonn, Germany
Neurocrit Care 5:134-40. 2006To describe a new device meant for rapid endovascular thrombectomy of intracranial arteries of various sizes and its first clinical use.
- Management of left atrial endocardium after extensive thrombectomyCheong Lim
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Ann Thorac Surg 79:e11-2. 2005..When thrombus organizes and evolves into chronic phase, clean thrombectomy can become a challenge during heart surgery because of dense adhesions and the lack of clean cleavage plane...
- Prognostic impact of the 2009 UICC/AJCC TNM staging system for renal cell carcinoma with venous extensionJuan I Martinez-Salamanca
Department of Urology, Hospital Universitario Puerta de Hierro Majadahonda, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Eur Urol 59:120-7. 2011....
- Higher rates of mortality but not morbidity follow intracranial mechanical thrombectomy in the elderlyYince Loh
Division of Neurosurgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 31:1181-5. 2010Mechanical thrombectomy is a promising means of recanalizing acute cerebrovascular occlusions in certain situations. We sought to determine if increasing age adversely affects prognosis.
- Bradyarrhythmias during rheolytic pharmacomechanical thrombectomy for deep vein thrombosisGeetha Jeyabalan
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Division of Vascular Surgery, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Endovasc Ther 17:416-22. 2010To explore possible mechanisms of bradycardia occurring during rheolytic pharmacomechanical thrombectomy (PMT) for deep venous thrombosis (DVT) and to propose a treatment algorithm for this phenomenon.
- Primary intracranial stenting in acute ischemic strokeGregory J Velat
Department of Neurological Surgery, McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, P O Box 100265, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 12:14-9. 2010..We review the evolution of acute stroke therapy over the past few decades and the recent results of mechanical thrombolysis, focusing on intracranial stenting in the setting of acute stroke...
- Aspiration coronary thrombectomy for acute myocardial infarction increases myocardial salvage: single center randomized studyMichał Ciszewski
Institute of Cardiology, Warsaw, Poland
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 78:523-31. 2011The aim of the study was to assess if aspiration thrombectomy in high risk patients with STEMI and angiographic evidence of thrombus may improve myocardial salvage.
- Successful thrombectomy in acute terminal internal carotid occlusion using a basket type microsnare in conjunction with temporary proximal occlusion: a case reportKeisuke Imai
Department of Stroke Treatment, Shonan Kamakura General Hospital, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:1395-8. 2005..A 78-year-old man underwent successful percutaneous transarterial microsnare-assisted thrombectomy (PMT) for the treatment of acute terminal ICA occlusion, which was recanalized completely...
- Tumor thrombectomy without bypass for low-grade malignant tumors extending into the inferior vena cava: report of two casesMasatoshi Jibiki
Department of Vascular and Applied Surgery, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School, 1 5 45 Yushima, Tokyo, 113 8519, Japan
Surg Today 36:465-9. 2006..A tumor thrombectomy was accomplished to prevent pulmonary embolism (PE) and to achieve a good prognosis...
- Occlusion length is a crucial determinant of efficiency and complication rate in thrombectomy for acute ischemic strokeJ Gralla
Department of Interventional and Diagnostic Neuroradiology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:247-52. 2008Although mechanical thrombectomy (MT) has an encouragingly high recanalization rate in treating stroke, it is associated with severe complications of which the underlying factors have yet to be identified...
- Alberta Stroke Program Early CT Scale evaluation of multimodal computed tomography in predicting clinical outcomes of stroke patients treated with aspiration thrombectomyMarios Nikos Psychogios
Department of Neuroradiology, University Medicine Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Stroke 44:2188-93. 2013..In this study, we evaluated CT images and perfusion parameters, analyzed with ASPECTS, as final outcome predictors after endovascular stroke treatment...
- Risk factors for acute kidney injury after radical nephrectomy and inferior vena cava thrombectomy for renal cell carcinomaSung Shin
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, the University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
J Vasc Surg 58:1021-7. 2013..incidence of postoperative acute kidney injury (AKI) after radical nephrectomy with inferior vena cava (IVC) thrombectomy for renal cell carcinoma (RCC) based on the Acute Kidney Injury Network (AKIN) criteria, to investigate the ..
- Collateral failure? Late mechanical thrombectomy after failed intravenous thrombolysisDavid S Liebeskind
Department of Neurology, UCLA Stroke Center, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Neuroimaging 20:78-82. 2010..Delayed collateral failure may extend the time window for revascularization, even after failed intravenous thrombolysis...
- Mechanical thrombectomy in acute ischaemic stroke: a review of the literature, clinical effectiveness and future useFrank Lally
Stoke Stroke Research Group, University Hospital of North Staffordshire and North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare Trust, Stoke on Trent, UK
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 12:170-90. 2013..5 hours from stroke onset. An alternative method of restoring blood flow is mechanical thrombectomy (MT)...
- A prospective randomized trial of thrombectomy versus no thrombectomy in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction and thrombus-rich lesions: MUSTELA (MUltidevice Thrombectomy in Acute ST-Segment ELevation Acute Myocardial Infarction) trialMarco De Carlo
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Department, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Pisana, Pisa, Italy
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 5:1223-30. 2012The aim of this study was to evaluate whether thrombectomy during primary percutaneous coronary intervention (pPCI) in patients with high thrombus burden improves myocardial reperfusion and reduces infarct size.
- Creation of fibrinogen-enhanced experimental blood clots to evaluate mechanical thrombectomy devices for treatment of acute stroke: an in vitro studyZhong hua Luo
Dotter Interventional Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 23:1077-83. 2012..To explore if addition of fibrinogen to the most commonly used experimental blood clot (EBC) model would improve its mechanical properties and histologic structure...
- Thrombus aspiration during primary percutaneous coronary intervention improves myocardial reperfusion and reduces infarct size: the EXPIRA (thrombectomy with export catheter in infarct-related artery during primary percutaneous coronary intervention) prosGennaro Sardella
Department of Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Morphologic Sciences, Policlinico Umberto I, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:309-15. 2009..perfusion and infarct size as assessed by contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (CE-MRI) of a manual thrombectomy device, Export Medtronic (EM) (Medtronic Inc...
- Adjunctive thrombectomy and distal protection in primary percutaneous coronary intervention: impact on microvascular perfusion and outcomesManivannan Srinivasan
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Circulation 119:1311-9. 2009..Consequently, there has been increasing interest in the concept of adjunctive mechanical thrombectomy to improve outcomes in primary percutaneous coronary intervention...
- Thrombus branching and vessel curvature are important determinants of middle cerebral artery trunk recanalization with Merci thrombectomy devicesLiangfu Zhu
Department of Neurology, Henan Provincial People s Hospital, Zhengzhou, China
Stroke 43:787-92. 2012Determinants of successful recanalization likely differ for Merci thrombectomy and intra-arterial pharmacological fibrinolysis interventions...
- Revascularization in acute ischaemic stroke using the penumbra system: the first single center experienceI Q Grunwald
Department for International and Diagnostic Neuroradiology, University of Saarland, Homburg, Germany
Eur J Neurol 16:1210-6. 2009..The PS is an innovative mechanical thrombectomy device, employed in the revascularization of large cerebral vessel occlusions in patients via the utilization ..
- A cost-utility analysis of mechanical thrombectomy as an adjunct to intravenous tissue-type plasminogen activator for acute large-vessel ischemic strokeAnthony S Kim
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, Box 0114, San Francisco, CA 94143 0114, USA
Stroke 42:2013-8. 2011Mechanical thrombectomy has the potential to improve recanalization rates and outcomes for patients with ischemic stroke, but potential gains could be offset by procedural complications and costs...
- A randomized comparison of manual versus mechanical thrombus removal in primary percutaneous coronary intervention in the treatment of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (TREAT-MI)Maarten A Vink
Department of Cardiology, Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 78:14-9. 2011....
- Outcome of standard and high-risk patients with acute anterior circulation stroke after stent retriever thrombectomyPascal P Gratz
From the Departments of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology P P G, S J, G S, J G, P M, K H, C Z and Neurology S J, M R H, H P M, M L M, U F, M A, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital and University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Stroke 45:152-8. 2014....
- Use of thrombectomy devices in primary percutaneous coronary intervention: a systematic review and meta-analysisCharis Costopoulos
Department of Cardiology, East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, UK
Int J Cardiol 163:229-41. 2013..This report focuses on thrombectomy devices and reviews the evidence that advocates their routine use in PPCI patients.
- The impact of thromboemboli histology on the performance of a mechanical thrombectomy deviceI Yuki
Division of Interventional Neuroradiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1721, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 33:643-8. 2012Recently we published a novel method of thrombus preparation for use in a swine model for evaluation of thrombectomy designs...
- Prospective, multicenter, single-arm study of mechanical thrombectomy using Solitaire Flow Restoration in acute ischemic strokeVitor M Pereira
From the Department of Neuroradiology V M P, and Department of Neurology R S, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland Department for Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology J G, G S, and Department of Neurology M A, Inselspital, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland Department of Neurology A D, and Department of Neuroradiology C C, University Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain Department of Neuroradiology, CHU de Montpellier Guy de Chauliac, Montpellier, France A B Department of Neuroradiology, Alfred Krupp Krankenhaus, Essen, Germany R C Department of Neurology, UCLA Stroke Center, CA D S L Department of Neurology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA R G N Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital of Cologne, Cologne, Germany T L Department for Neuroradiology, University of Calgary, Foothills Medical Centre, Calgary, AB, Canada M G Department of Neurology, Klinikum Osnabrueck, Osnabrueck, Germany M B and Department of Neuroradiology, Hospital Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia
Stroke 44:2802-7. 2013Mechanical thrombectomy using stent retriever devices have been advocated to increase revascularization in intracranial vessel occlusion...
- Contemporary use of adjunctive thrombectomy during primary percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-elevation myocardial infarction in the United StatesTheophilus E Owan
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 80:1173-80. 2012We sought to examine the contemporary use of thrombectomy during primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) in the United States.
- Pure laparoscopic radical nephrectomy with level II vena caval thrombectomyFrederico R Romero
James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Urology 68:1112-4. 2006..We present the case of a patient with a primary renal tumor extending into the vena cava that was completely managed with a laparoscopic approach...
- Comparison of manual thrombus aspiration with rheolytic thrombectomy in acute myocardial infarctionGuido Parodi
Division of Cardiology, Careggi Hospital, Florence, Italy
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 6:224-30. 2013..The rheolytic thrombectomy (RT) device has the potential for improved thrombus removal in acute myocardial infarction as compared with MTA...
- The comparison in reduction of QT dispersion after primary percutaneous coronary intervention according to existence of thrombectomy in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarctionGokhan Alici
Department of Cardiology, Kartal Kosuyolu Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Cardiol 36:276-9. 2013..b>Thrombectomy devices are used to remove thrombus or to prevent embolization of thrombus and plaque during PPCI...
- State-of-the-art reperfusion strategies for acute ischemic strokeJose E Cohen
Department of Neurosurgery, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Hadassah Medical Organization, Kiryat Hadassah, P O Box 12000, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Clin Neurosci 18:319-23. 2011..Recent results suggest that MMRT results in higher chances for both recanalization of the occluded artery and reperfusion of the ischemic tissue...
- Mechanical thrombectomy for DVTKenneth D Murphy
Department of Radiology, Upstate Medical University, State University of New York, 750 E Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Tech Vasc Interv Radiol 7:79-85. 2004..As a result, alternative measures for managing DVT have evolved including mechanical thrombectomy. Mechanical thrombectomy for DVT has the potential to shorten the time for lysis, reduce the risk of ..
- Percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy for the management of venous thoracic outlet syndromeDarren B Schneider
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of California San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Endovasc Ther 10:336-40. 2003To describe the successful use of percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy as an adjunct to thrombolysis for acute subclavian vein thrombosis due to venous thoracic outlet syndrome.
- Mechanical thrombectomy for acute stroke with the alligator retrieval deviceMuhammad S Hussain
Section of Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery, Neurological Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Stroke 40:3784-8. 2009..The Alligator retrieval device, developed for endovascular foreign body retrieval, may also be useful for thrombus removal...
- AngioJet rheolytic thrombectomy for acute superficial femoral artery stent or femoropopliteal by-pass thrombosisFrancesco Borgia
Division of Cardiology, Federico II University of Naples, Italy
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 74:76-81. 2010..with ALI due to PTFE femoropopliteal graft thrombosis in which limb salvage was obtained by AngioJet rheolytic thrombectomy and re-stenting...
- Clinical and angiographic predictors and prognostic value of failed thrombus aspiration in primary percutaneous coronary interventionMaarten A Vink
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 4:634-42. 2011..This study sought to investigate which factors are associated with failure of thrombus aspiration (TA) and if this has prognostic implications...
- Intervention in acute cerebral ischaemic stroke: a review of the role of pharmacological therapies and intra-arterial mechanical thrombectomy devicesNeeraj Chaudhary
Division of Neurointerventional Surgery, Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5030, USA
Postgrad Med J 87:714-23. 2011..This has led to exploration of intra-arterial mechanical thrombectomy devices to both increase the time window and also attempt to improve patient outcome with and without ..
- Rheolytic thrombectomy with Angiojet in thrombus-containing lesionsMandeep Singh
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 56:1-7. 2002The AngioJet thrombectomy device removes thrombus by creating a negative pressure and causing fragmentation of the thrombus...
- Adjunctive percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy for lower-extremity deep vein thrombosis: clinical and economic outcomesHyun S Kim
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Blalock 545, Baltimore, MD 21287 4010, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:1099-104. 2006To assess the clinical and economic benefits of catheter-directed thrombolysis (CDT) alone versus CDT with rheolytic percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy (PMT) for lower-extremity deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Percutaneous aspiration thrombectomy for the treatment of acute lower extremity deep vein thrombosis: is thrombolysis needed?S H Kwon
Department of Radiology, Kyung Hee University Medical Center, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Clin Radiol 64:484-90. 2009To assess the technical feasibility and initial success of aspiration thrombectomy as a potential alternative to lytic therapy in initial endovascular management of acute lower extremity deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Endovascular popliteal thrombectomy using the self-expanding, retrievable Solitaire recanalization deviceMarius C Wick
Department of Radiology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Endovasc Ther 19:34-6. 2012To present an initial peripheral application of the self-expanding, detachable, fully-retrievable Solitaire FR Recanalization Device for endovascular thrombectomy in the lower leg of a patient with acute peripheral limb ischemia.
- The feasibility and safety of routine thrombus aspiration in patients with non-ST-elevation myocardial infarctionPieter J Vlaar
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Thoraxcenter, Groningen, The Netherlands
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 72:937-42. 2008..To investigate the feasibility and safety of manual thrombus aspiration in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) for non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI)...
- Early and long-term clinical results of AngioJet rheolytic thrombectomy in patients with acute pulmonary embolismMassimo Margheri
Dipartimento del Cuore e dei Vasi, Cardiologia e Cardiologia Invasiva 2, A O U Careggi, Florence, Italy
Am J Cardiol 101:252-8. 2008..We report early and long-term outcome of patients with massive or submassive acute PE treated with rheolytic thrombectomy by means of the 6Fr Xpeedior AngioJet device at our institution...
- [Treatment of acute femoropopliteal bypass graft occlusion: comparison of mechanical rotational thrombectomy with ultrasound-enhanced lysis]C Wissgott
Radiologie, DRK Kliniken Berlin, Berlin
Rofo 180:547-52. 2008Mechanical thrombectomy has become a viable alternative to intra-arterial thrombolysis for the treatment of acute infrainguinal occlusion...
- Power-pulse spray thrombectomy for treatment of Paget-Schroetter syndromeAmi D Shah
Department of Interventional Radiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center, One Gustave L Levy Pl, Box 1234, New York, NY 10029, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:1215-7. 2007..three cases of axillary-subclavian vein thrombosis (Paget-Schroetter syndrome) treated with a rapid, novel thrombectomy technique, termed "power-pulse spray thrombectomy," in which a thrombolytic agent is directly infused ..
- Percutaneous AngioJet thrombectomy in the management of extensive deep venous thrombosisK Kasirajan
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of New Mexico Hospital, Albuquerque 87131 5341, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:179-85. 2001This study was undertaken to evaluate the efficacy of a percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy (PMT) device for rapid thrombus removal following deep venous thrombosis (DVT).
- Percutaneous rheolytic thrombectomy for thrombosed autogenous fistulae and prosthetic arteriovenous grafts: outcome after aggressive surveillance and endovascular managementStavros K Kakkos
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Endovasc Ther 15:91-102. 2008To study the outcome of rheolytic thrombectomy for hemodialysis access occlusion.
- Combined distal embolization protection and rheolytic thrombectomy to facilitate percutaneous revascularization of totally occluded saphenous vein graftsRajdeep S Gaitonde
Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Clarian Cardiovascular Center, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 60:212-7. 2003..Rheolytic thrombectomy facilitates percutaneous interventions by effectively removing intraluminal thrombus and debris but lacks ..
- Manual aspiration prior to stenting does not reduce the incidence of filter no reflow in saphenous vein graft lesions protected by FilterWire EX/EZMan Hong Jim
Cardiac Medical Unit, Grantham Hospital, Hong Kong
Acute Card Care 12:92-5. 2010..The beneficial role of manual thrombus aspiration in thrombus-containing lesions has been proven in acute myocardial infarction but data is lacking in saphenous vein graft lesions...
- Acute myocardial infarction caused by a septic coronary embolism diagnosed and treated with a thrombectomy catheterM Taniike
Division of Cardiology and Clinical Pathology, Osaka Rosai Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Heart 91:e34. 2005..Immediate coronary angiography showed possible thrombus in the left circumflex artery, which was treated by thrombectomy catheter. Bacterial thrombus was removed and was verified by histological examination...
- Mesothelioma and internal carotid artery occlusion: acute ischemic stroke and efficacy of emergency carotid thrombectomyEmanuele Ferrero
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Unit, Mauriziano Umberto I Hospital, Turin, Italy
Ann Vasc Surg 24:257.e9-12. 2010..The patient underwent emergency carotid thrombectomy. The screening tests revealed thrombocytosis, hyperfibrinogenemia, increased C-reactive protein values, and ..
- Thrombosed dialysis access grafts: randomized comparison of the Amplatz thrombectomy device and surgical thromboembolectomyRenan Uflacker
Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, Medical University of South Carolina, 171 Ashley Ave, Charleston, SC 29425 9737, USA
Eur Radiol 14:2009-14. 2004We report the final results of the trial comparing the Amplatz thrombectomy device (ATD) with surgical thromboembolectomy (ST) to declot thrombosed dialysis access grafts (DAG)...
- In vivo evaluation of the first dedicated combined flow-restoration and mechanical thrombectomy device in a swine model of acute vessel occlusionP Mordasini
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, University Hospital Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 32:294-300. 2011..The concept combines the advantages of stent deployment with immediate flow-restoration and of mechanical thrombectomy with definitive thrombus removal...
- Direct thrombus retrieval using the reperfusion catheter of the penumbra system: forced-suction thrombectomy in acute ischemic strokeD H Kang
Department of Neuroradiology, Daegu Gyeongbuk Cardiocerebrovascular Center, Kyungpook National University, Republic of Korea
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 32:283-7. 2011Although the PS has been the most promising mechanical thrombectomy device in terms of recanalization rates, even the PS cannot recanalize all cases of occlusion...
- Initial series of robotic radical nephrectomy with vena caval tumor thrombectomyRonney Abaza
Robotic Urologic Surgery, Department of Urology, Ohio State University Medical Center and James Cancer Hospital, 503 Doan Hall, 410W 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Eur Urol 59:652-6. 2011..We report the first series of robotic nephrectomy with IVC tumor thrombectomy including the first cases requiring cross-clamping of the IVC in a minimally invasive fashion...
- [Long-term results after recanalization of acute and subacute thrombotic occlusions of the infra-aortic arteries and bypass-grafts using a rotational thrombectomy device]T Zeller
Sektion Angiologie am Herz Zentrum Bad Krozingen, Germany
Rofo 174:1559-65. 2002Evaluation of the acute and long-term results after recanalization of thrombotic occlusions of infra-aortic native arteries, stented arteries and bypass-grafts using a rotational thrombectomy device (8F Straub-Rotarex TM).
- Comparison of Diver CE and ZEEK manual aspiration catheters for thrombectomy in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarctionHan Jun Zhao
28th Division, Beijing Anzhen Hospital of Capital Medical University, Beijing 100029, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:648-54. 2009..Tokyo, Japan) aspiration catheters in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) and their impact on 3-month outcome...
- Safety and efficacy of endovascular thrombectomy in patients with abnormal hemostasis: pooled analysis of the MERCI and multi MERCI trialsRaul G Nogueira
Departments of Vascular and Critical Care Neurology and Interventional Neuroradiology and Endovascular Neurosurgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Stroke 40:516-22. 2009Patients with abnormal hemostasis are not considered candidates for thrombolysis. We analyzed the MERCI/Multi MERCI cohort as an attempt to establish the risks and benefits of thrombectomy in this patient population.
- Improved Thrombolysis In Deep Venous OcclusionsVinayak Kini; Fiscal Year: 2003We have developed concepts for improving the efficiency of hydrolytic-aspiration type mechanical thrombectomy device (MTD) catheter systems for use in the treatment of thrombosed Hemodialysis Grafts (HDG)...
- BEST-CLI Trial-CCC-LeadKenneth Rosenfield; Fiscal Year: 2013..major adverse limb event including limb amputation or major re-intervention, bypass graft/graft revision or thrombectomy/thrombolysis) - free survival;multi-disciplinary recruitment of vascular surgeons and interventional ..
- BEST-CLI Trial-DCCFlora Sandra Siami; Fiscal Year: 2013..major adverse limb event including limb amputation or major re-intervention, bypass graft/graft revision or thrombectomy/thrombolysis) - free survival;multi-disciplinary recruitment of vascular surgeons and interventional ..
- Improving the Outcomes of Hemodialysis Arteriovenous GraftsIvan D Maya; Fiscal Year: 2010..The standard approach to clotted grafts is to perform thrombectomy, in conjunction with angioplasty of the underlying stenotic lesion...
- Real Time Visualization of Clot under X-Ray Using "Clot-Paint", a Novel IodinatedLucjan J J Hronowski; Fiscal Year: 2010..within 3 hours after symptoms appear, intra-arterial TPA within 6 hours after the stroke onset and mechanical thrombectomy using the FDA cleared MERCI L5 retrieval system up to 6 hours and possibly longer after symptoms appear...
- Manufacturing of Soft Actuator Devices for Intravascular InterventionRobert C McDonald; Fiscal Year: 2012..methods and equipment to prepare EAP structures for a proof-of-concept component for use in a medical tool for thrombectomy in cases of acute ischemia...
- Rheolytic Thrombectomy for Treatment of Ischemic StrokeCindy Setum; Fiscal Year: 2001..Rheolytic thrombectomy uses high velocity saline jets to create a localized vacuum at the tip of a catheter for percutaneous thrombus ..
- Novel Thrombectomy Catheter for Ischemic StrokeGUIREN WANG; Fiscal Year: 2004The goal of the proposed study is to design, fabricate and test an optimal thrombectomy catheter for treatment of ischemic stroke...
- Mechanical Clot Obliteration for the Treatment of StrokeMatthew Gounis; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): An ultra-thin thrombectomy wire will be developed that uses transverse ultrasound waves at its tip to selectively and safely disintegrate intracranial blood clot without damage to the adjacent ..
- EARLY DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF DIALYSIS GRAFT STENOSISMichelle Robbin; Fiscal Year: 2003..transluminal angioplasty (PTA) or surgical revision techniques have longer patency than thrombosed grafts after thrombectomy. Therefore, early stenosis detection with treatment of the hemodynamically significant stenoses found (in ..
- Polymer Actuator for Peripheral Vessel ThrombectomyMELODIE METZGER; Fiscal Year: 2004..Further, we propose to apply basic work on SMP foam actuator structure/property relationships to a mechanical thrombectomy device...
- PARAMEDIC FIELD INITIATION OF MAGNESIUM NEUROPROTECTIVEJeffrey Saver; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Familial Intracranial Aneurysm Study II (FIA II)JOSEPH PAUL BRODERICK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, we will use bioinformatics, statistical methods, and gene sequencing, to identify specific disease producing mutations and/or high risk haplotypes whose functional relevance will be subsequently explored. ..
- Endocytosis in cardiac myocytesIon Jovin; Fiscal Year: 2005..The discoverry of polypeptides that guide macromolecules to specific cellular organelles or compartments can have profound implications for understanding microbial invasion and for refining gene therapy. ..
- TOSCA-2 An Angiographic Substudy of the Occluded Arter*Vladimir Dzavik; Fiscal Year: 2004..The Data Coordinating Center (DCC) is the Maryland Medical Research Institute, the DCC of OAT. The An2iogiraphic Core Laboratory is at the University of British Columbia. ..
- Interventional Management of Stroke III Planning GrantJoseph Broderick; Fiscal Year: 2004..10. Explore funding of interventional angiography by CMS. 11. Continue interaction with industry, with attention to devices that might be applied to a device-augmented future IV/IA paradigm. ..
- AMPHETAMINE ENHANCED STROKE RECOVERY--BURKE SRCI GROUPLarry Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2002..However the treatment duration will be increased to a total of 10 sessions. ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- Role of Progenitor Cells in Hindlimb RevascularizationDarren Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2008..By defining the role of progenitor cells in neovascularization, this proposal will support the development of novel cellular and molecular therapies for patients with vascular disease. ..
- Thrombus resolution is CXC chemokine dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Midcareer Development in Nonpharmacologic AnalgesiaElvira Lang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The mentoring of beginning clinical researchers will have contributed towards fostering a self- sustaining mode of integrated practice in the future. ..
- MIDCAREER INVESTIGATOR AWARD IN CEREBROVASCULAR RESEARCHLarry Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- RADIATION ARTERIOPATHY IN A TRANSGENIC AV FISTULA MODELMichael Lawton; Fiscal Year: 2004..If NO and TGF-01 are involved in the radiation arteriopathy of AVMs, they might be used to enhance the efficacy of conventional stereotactic radiosurgery as part of a gene therapy for high-grade cerebral AVMs. ..