Summary: Surgical removal of an obstructing clot or foreign material from a blood vessel at the point of its formation. Removal of a clot arising from a distant site is called EMBOLECTOMY.
Publications185 found, 100 shown here
- Percutaneous laser-facilitated thrombectomy: an innovative, easily applied, and effective therapeutic option for recanalization of acute and subacute thrombotic hemodialysis shunt occlusionsJohannes B Dahm
Department of Angiology, Clinic Neu Bethlehem, Goöttingen, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 13:603-8. 2006..To report our experience with excimer laser-facilitated recanalization of acute and subacute thrombotic occlusions of hemodialysis shunts...
- Use of a thrombus extraction catheter (Pronto) in the treatment of acute myocardial infarction after coronary embolism post mitral valve replacementMichael B De Young
Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center, Michigan 48043, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 18:E273-5. 2006
- Suspected pulmonary artery disruption after transvenous pulmonary embolectomy using a hydrodynamic thrombectomy device: clinical case and experimental study on porcine lung explantsJürgen Biederer
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Kiel, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 10:99-110. 2003To use porcine lung explants for reconstructing possible situations in which a vessel wall disruption might have occurred in a patient suffering fatal hemoptysis after pulmonary embolectomy with a hydrodynamic thrombectomy device.
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis (intrathrombus injection) in treatment of deep venous thrombosis: a systematic reviewIssa Alesh
Department of Research, St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital, Pontiac, Michigan, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 70:143-8. 2007..Many who used catheter-directed thrombolysis used balloon angioplasty, stents, or thrombectomy in addition...
- Mechanical thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke: final results of the Multi MERCI trialWade S Smith
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0114, USA
Stroke 39:1205-12. 2008Endovascular mechanical thrombectomy may be used during acute ischemic stroke due to large vessel intracranial occlusion...
- Is there any difference in survival according to the portal tumor thrombectomy method in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma?Yosuke Inoue
Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery Division, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Surgery 145:9-19. 2009..We describe a surgical technique in which the venous wall is peeled off from the PVTT...
- Mechanical thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke: thrombus-device interaction, efficiency, and complications in vivoJan Gralla
Department of Interventional and Diagnostic Neuroradiology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Stroke 37:3019-24. 2006BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: Mechanical thrombectomy is a promising new modality of interventional stroke treatment...
- Predictors of good clinical outcomes, mortality, and successful revascularization in patients with acute ischemic stroke undergoing thrombectomy: pooled analysis of the Mechanical Embolus Removal in Cerebral Ischemia (MERCI) and Multi MERCI TrialsRaul G Nogueira
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Stroke 40:3777-83. 2009..Embolus Removal in Cerebral Ischemia (MERCI) and Multi MERCI trials evaluated the safety and efficacy of thrombectomy in the treatment of intracranial arterial occlusions within 8 hours of symptom onset...
- Mechanical thrombectomy of intracranial internal carotid occlusion: pooled results of the MERCI and Multi MERCI Part I trialsAlexander C Flint
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco CA 94143 0114, USA
Stroke 38:1274-80. 2007..Mechanical thrombectomy is a newly available modality for acute stroke therapy, but it is unknown whether this endovascular therapy may ..
- A dedicated animal model for mechanical thrombectomy in acute strokeJ Gralla
Department of Interventional and Diagnostic Neuroradiology, Inselspital, University of Bern, Freiburgstrasse 4, CH-3010 Bern, Switzerland
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1357-61. 2006BACKGROUND: Recent studies have focused on mechanical thrombectomy as a means to reduce the time required for revascularization and increase the revascularization rate in acute stroke...
- Intraoperative thrombus embolization during nephrectomy and tumor thrombectomy: critical analysis of the University of California-Los Angeles experienceBrian Shuch
Department of Urology, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1738, USA
J Urol 181:492-8; discussion 498-9. 2009..occurs in renal cell carcinoma and intraoperative thrombus embolization is a known complication of tumor thrombectomy. We reviewed our experience with this complication to determine frequency, mortality, common factors and ..
- Mechanical thromboembolectomy for acute ischemic stroke: comparison of the catch thrombectomy device and the Merci Retriever in vivoCaspar Brekenfeld
Department of Interventional and Diagnostic Neuroradiology, University of Bern, Inselspital, Freiburgstrasse 4, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Stroke 39:1213-9. 2008..The purpose of the study was to compare efficacy and potential complications of 2 commercially available devices for mechanical thromboembolectomy...
- Adjuvant intraportal venous chemotherapy for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and portal vein tumor thrombi following hepatectomy plus portal thrombectomyLi Jian Liang
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, 58 Zhongshan Road 2, Guangzhou, 510080, People s Republic of China
World J Surg 32:627-31. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical value of adjuvant chemobiotherapy via portal vein for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) with portal vein tumor thrombi (PVTT) following hepatectomy plus thrombectomy.
- Is surgical thrombectomy to salvage failed autogenous arteriovenous fistulae worthwhile?Robert M Palmer
Academic Department of Surgery, Greenville Hospital System, Greenville, South Carolina 29605, USA
Am Surg 72:1231-3. 2006..Surgical thrombectomy of AV fistulae can be challenging...
- A metaanalysis comparing surgical thrombectomy, mechanical thrombectomy, and pharmacomechanical thrombolysis for thrombosed dialysis graftsLawrence D Green
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Vasc Surg 36:939-45. 2002..and pharmacomechanical techniques for the treatment of thrombosis has raised questions as to whether surgical thrombectomy is the most effective treatment...
- Acute thrombotic subclavian artery occlusion treated with a new rotational thrombectomy deviceThomas Zeller
Department of Angiology, Herz Zentrum Bad Krozingen, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 9:917-21. 2002To report the use of a new rotational thrombectomy device for percutaneous thrombectomy of an acutely occluded subclavian artery.
- Endovascular mechanical thrombectomy of an occluded superior division branch of the left MCA for acute cardioembolic strokeH C Schumacher
The Neurological Institute, Doris and Stanley Tananbaum Stroke Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, Box 131, 710 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 26:305-8. 2003..We report successful mechanical thrombectomy from a distal branch of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) using a novel technique...
- Percutaneous transhepatic thrombectomy and pharmacologic thrombolysis of mesenteric venous thrombosisWei Zhou
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, VA Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, 1709 Dryden Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Vascular 15:41-5. 2007..We herein describe use of transhepatic percutaneous thrombectomy and pharmacologic thrombolysis in treating two cases of symptomatic mesenteric venous thrombosis...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma associated with tumor thrombosis in the portal vein: the effects of different treatmentsJia Fan
Liver Cancer Institute, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University Shanghai Medical School, 136 Yi Xue Yuan Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2:513-9. 2003..To compare the effects of different treatments for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) with tumor thrombosis in the portal vein (TTPV) and evaluate the factors influencing the prognosis...
- Rescue, combined, and stand-alone thrombectomy in the management of large vessel occlusion stroke using the solitaire device: a prospective 50-patient single-center study: timing, safety, and efficacyVincent Costalat
CHU Montpellier, Neuroradiology, Av Augstin Fliche, Montpellier, France
Stroke 42:1929-35. 2011..When intravenous thrombolysis fails, mechanical thrombectomy can provide an alternative and synergistic method for flow restoration...
- Late results of surgical venous thrombectomy with iliocaval stentingOlivier Hartung
Service de Chirurgie Vasculaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Nord, Marseille, France
J Vasc Surg 47:381-7. 2008Iliac vein occlusive disease leads to 73% of rethrombosis that occurs after venous thrombectomy when left untreated...
- Paradoxical worsening of shock after the use of a percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy device in a postpartum patient with a massive pulmonary embolismNidhi Kumar
Department of Medicine, New York University Medical Center, 550 1st Ave, NBV 16N 26, New York, NY 10016, USA
Chest 132:677-9. 2007
- Endovascular techniques in the treatment of acute limb ischemia: thrombolytic agents, trials, and percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy techniquesKenneth Ouriel
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 16:270-9. 2003..The treatment options include primary surgical revascularization, thrombolytic therapy, percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy, or a combination of any of the three...
- Single-center experience with the Arrow-Trerotola Percutaneous Thrombectomy Device in the management of thrombosed native dialysis fistulasJosh B Shatsky
Department of Radiology, Division of Interventional Radiology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 1 Silverstein, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:1605-11. 2005..S. population. Within the limitations of a retrospective study with a small sample size, use of an adjunctive thrombolytic agent did not appear to improve results compared with the use of the device alone...
- Percutaneous catheter thrombectomy device for acute pulmonary embolism: in vitro and in vivo testingNils Kucher
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Radiology 236:852-8. 2005To evaluate a percutaneous pulmonary embolism (PE) thrombectomy catheter that aspirates, macerates, and removes thrombus.
- Safety of mechanical thrombectomy and intravenous tissue plasminogen activator in acute ischemic stroke. Results of the multi Mechanical Embolus Removal in Cerebral Ischemia (MERCI) trial, part IW S Smith
Department of Neurology, University of California-San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1177-82. 2006..Patients who receive IV tPA but do not recanalize may also benefit from thrombectomy, but the revascularization efficacy and safety of this strategy has not been reported...
- Transhepatic portal venous power-pulse spray rheolytic thrombectomy for acute portal vein thrombosis after CT-guided pancreas biopsyGlenn W Stambo
Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, SDI Radiologists, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, 4516 N Armenia Ave, Tampa, FL 33607, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:S118-9. 2005
- Effects of location and extension of portal vein tumor thrombus on long-term outcomes of surgical treatment for hepatocellular carcinomaXiao Ping Chen
Hepatic Surgery Center, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 430030, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Ann Surg Oncol 13:940-6. 2006The role of surgical resection and thrombectomy for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) with portal vein tumor thrombus (PVTT) is controversial...
- Surgical thrombectomy followed by intraoperative endovascular reconstruction for symptomatic ilio-femoral venous thrombosisM H M Schwarzbach
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 29:58-66. 2005To evaluate the efficacy of surgical thrombectomy combined with endovascular reconstruction for acute ilio-femoral/caval venous thrombosis.
- Long-term outcome following thrombembolectomy in the upper extremityP B Licht
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Southern Danish University, Odense University Hospital, Denmark
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 28:508-12. 2004..To evaluate short- and long-term mortality and morbidity in patients that were treated for acute upper extremity ischemia...
- Thrombosis of a superior mesenteric vein aneurysm: transarterial thrombolysis and transhepatic aspiration thrombectomyL Hechelhammer
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, , , , Switzerland
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 27:551-5. 2004..The literature regarding these uncommon mesenteric vein aneurysms without portal vein involvement, as well as their treatment options, is reviewed...
- Transhepatic catheter-directed thrombectomy and thrombolysis of acute superior mesenteric venous thrombosisHyun S Kim
Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Blalock 545, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:1685-91. 2005..To evaluate clinical outcomes after percutaneous treatment of superior mesenteric vein (SMV) thrombosis...
- Massive pulmonary embolism: percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy during cardiopulmonary resuscitationMario Fava
Department of Interventional Radiology, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Marcoleta 367, Santiago, Chile
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:119-23. 2005Seven patients with massive pulmonary embolism (PE) causing cardiac arrest underwent percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy (PMT) with Hydrolyser and Oasis catheters during cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)...
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis with percutaneous rheolytic thrombectomy versus thrombolysis alone in upper and lower extremity deep vein thrombosisHyun S Kim
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 29:1003-7. 2006To compare the efficacy of catheter-directed thrombolysis (CDT) alone versus CDT with rheolytic percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy (PMT) for upper and lower extremity deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Clinical and economic evaluation of the trellis thrombectomy device for arterial occlusions: preliminary analysisTimur P Sarac
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Vasc Surg 39:556-9. 2004..This preliminary study examined the technical efficacy, safety, and cost of treating arterial occlusions with a single device that combines pharmacologic and mechanical thrombolysis...
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis and/or thrombectomy with selective endovascular stenting as alternatives to systemic anticoagulation for treatment of acute deep vein thrombosisLa Scienya M Jackson
Department of Surgery, St Mary s Hospital, 56 Franklin St, Waterbury, CT 06706, USA
Am J Surg 190:864-8. 2005To evaluate thrombolysis and/or thrombectomy and selective endovascular stent placement in treating acute deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Prognostic factors and treatment outcome in mesenteric vein thrombosisNasim Hedayati
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine and Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 42:217-24. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate clinical presentation, diagnostic evaluation, and treatment outcome of MVT...
- Acute ischemia of the upper extremity: long-term results following thrombembolectomy with the Fogarty catheterT Hernandez-Richter
Department of Surgery, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig-Maximilians University, Marchioninistrasse 15, , Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 386:261-6. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The results of the present study indicate that, in most cases, thrombembolectomy with the Fogarty catheter represents a successful surgical method for the acute treatment of arterial occlusion of the upper extremity...
- Clinical outcomes in middle cerebral artery trunk occlusions versus secondary division occlusions after mechanical thrombectomy: pooled analysis of the Mechanical Embolus Removal in Cerebral Ischemia (MERCI) and Multi MERCI trialsZhong Song Shi
Division of Interventional Neuroradiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 757 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7437, USA
Stroke 41:953-60. 2010..In this analysis, we compared revascularization status and clinical outcomes in patients with angiographically confirmed MCA M1 versus isolated M2 occlusions treated with mechanical thrombectomy using the Merci Retriever devices.
- Intravenous thrombolysis followed by intra-arterial thrombolysis and mechanical thrombectomy for the treatment of pediatric ischemic strokeGeorgios Tsivgoulis
Comprehensive Stroke Center, Department of Neurology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Neurol Sci 275:151-3. 2008..IS attributable to the terminal internal carotid artery occlusion that was treated successfully with mechanical thrombectomy which followed unsuccessful attempts to recanalize the artery with intravenous and intra-arterial thrombolytics...
- Treatment of acute limb ischemia with a percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy-based endovascular approach: 5-year limb salvage and survival results from a single center seriesGary M Ansel
MidWest Cardiology Research Foundation, Mid Ohio Cardiology Consultants, Inc, 3545 Olentangy River Road, Suite 325, Columbus, Ohio 43214, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 72:325-30. 2008The study evaluated long-term limb salvage and survival of an endovascular approach that incorporates mechanical thrombectomy (PMT) in the management of arterial thrombosis.
- Type III heart block with peripheral use of the Angiojet thrombectomy systemA B Fontaine
Department of Radiology, University of Washington Medical Center, 1959 NE Pacific Street, RR 215, Seattle Washington 98195, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:1223-5. 2001The authors describe the occurrence of type III heart block in a patient undergoing a transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt recanalization with use of the AngioJet thrombectomy system.
- Adjunctive thrombectomy for acute myocardial infarction: A bayesian meta-analysisFrançois Pierre Mongeon
Department of Medicine, Echocardiography, and Noninvasive Cardiology Service, Montreal Heart Institute, Canada
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 3:6-16. 2010In available trials and meta-analyses, adjunctive thrombectomy in acute myocardial infarction (MI) improves markers of myocardial reperfusion but has limited effects on clinical outcomes...
- [Percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy by means of rotational thrombectomy. Current study situation]Michael Lichtenberg
Klinik fur Kardiologie, Angiologie und Pneumologie, Philippusstift Essen, Katholische Kliniken Essen Nord West gGmbH, Hülsmannstraße 17, Essen, Germany
Med Klin (Munich) 105:705-10. 2010..There are different therapy options for reperfusion therapy including balloon thrombectomy, local lysis and rotational thrombectomy...
- Intracranial dural sinus thrombosis: novel use of a mechanical thrombectomy catheter and review of management strategiesShah Naz Hayat Khan
The Neuroscience Institute, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Clin Med Res 7:157-65. 2009..We highlight the novel use of an endovascular device (typically for suction thrombectomy in the peripheral vascular system) used in our patient with a life-threatening multi-sinus thrombosis...
- Liver resection with portal vein thrombectomy for hepatocellular carcinoma with vascular invasionLuca Aldrighetti
Department of Surgery Liver Unit, Scientific Institute San Raffaele, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1254. 2009..In surgically resected series, in patients with gross PVTT (PVTT in the portal trunk, its first-order branch, or its second-order branch), the 3-year and 5-year survival rates are reportedly 15% to 28% and 0% to 17%, respectively...
- Continuous thrombolysis and repeated thrombectomy with the Penumbra System in a child with hemorrhagic sinus thrombosis: technical noteZsolt Kulcsar
Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, National Neuroscience Institute, Budapest, Hungary
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 152:911-6. 2010..therapy, new endovascular techniques and technology allow the possibility of more aggressive thrombolysis and thrombectomy. The authors present a case of recanalization of an extensive cerebral thrombosis using a new endovascular ..
- Comparison of in vitro effectiveness of mechanical thrombectomy devicesS Muller-Hulsbeck
Department of Radiology, University Hospital, Arnold Heller Strasse 9, 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:1185-91. 2001To determine the in vitro efficacy of clot removal of the following hydrodynamic thrombectomy devices: the AngioJet (AJ), Hydrolyser (HL), Oasis (OS), and Amplatz Thrombectomy Device (ATD). All devices have 6-F catheters.
- A fast-growing obstructive left atrial intramural hematoma causing acute prolonged chest painAntonio Lanfranchi
Unit of Cardiology, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 9:363-5. 2009..We have provided evidence of the possible rapid formation of a large intramural atrial hematoma. Spontaneous atrial wall dissection should be considered in the differential diagnosis of chest pain...
- The "GP" mechanical thrombectomy deviceGillian Pearce
University of Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 18:288-93. 2009We present data concerning the extraction of clots using the newly invented "GP" mechanical thrombectomy device (MTD). Artificial and porcine clots of various lengths were used in plastic tube models of an artery...
- The use of mechanical thrombectomy devices in the management of acute peripheral arterial occlusive diseaseK Kasirajan
Department of Vascular Surgery, University of New Mexico Hospital, 2 ACC, 2211 Lomas Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5341, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:405-11. 2001A number of percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy devices are currently being used or undergoing clinical evaluation for the treatment of acute and chronic limb-threatening ischemia...
- Mechanical thrombectomy as a first-line treatment for arterial occlusionK Kasirajan
Division of Vascular Surgery, The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 14:123-31. 2001The use of percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy devices to restore flow to an acutely ischemic limb is gaining popularity...
- Massive pulmonary embolism: treatment with the hydrolyser thrombectomy catheterM Fava
Radiology Department, Hospital Clinico, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago
J Vasc Interv Radiol 11:1159-64. 2000To assess the efficacy of clot removal with use of the Hydrolyser thrombectomy catheter in acute massive pulmonary embolism (PE).
- Acute renal artery thrombosis treated by percutaneous rheolytic thrombectomyJeffrey M Greenberg
Carlyle Fraser Heart Center, Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30308, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 56:66-8. 2002..Treatment options in the past have had limited success. We present a case which demonstrates the use of percutaneous rheolytic therapy with the Angiojet atherectomy catheter to treat this condition in the acute setting...
- Catheter-directed thrombectomy and thrombolysis for symptomatic lower-extremity deep vein thrombosis: review of current interventional treatment strategiesPeter H Lin
Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Perspect Vasc Surg Endovasc Ther 22:152-63. 2010..These technologies use various principles, including catheter-directed thrombolytic infusion, rheolytic thrombectomy, mechanical fragmentation, or ultrasound energy to remove intraluminal thrombi...
- The Penumbra System: a mechanical device for the treatment of acute stroke due to thromboembolismA Bose
Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:1409-13. 2008Data from recent reports have indicated that mechanical thrombectomy may have potential as a treatment for acute ischemic stroke...
- Utilization of an aspiration thrombectomy catheter (Pronto) to treat acute atherothrombotic embolization during percutaneous revascularization of the lower extremityNayab Zafar
Cardiovascular Catheterization Laboratory, San Diego, California, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 71:972-5. 2008..This was successfully treated with the use of the coronary aspiration thrombectomy device Pronto (Vascular Solutions, Minneapolis, MN) resulting in flow restoration.
- Superior mesenteric venous thrombosis treated by direct aspiration thrombectomySatoshi Nakayama
Department of Gastroenterology, Mishuku Hospital, Meguro, Tokyo, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 55:367-70. 2008..due to impaired coagulation, a direct thrombolysis was performed with urokinase followed by aspiration thrombectomy, with cannulation of the portal venous system using a transjugular intrahepatic approach...
- Intraarterial suction thrombectomy in acute strokeHelmi L Lutsep
Oregon Stroke Center, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 23:783-6. 2002..and thrombolysis in myocardial infarction (TIMI) 0-1 flow were treated by using intraarterial (IA) suction thrombectomy a mean of 4.2 hours after stroke onset...
- Angioplasty, stenting and thrombectomy to correct left main coronary stem obstruction by a bioprosthetic aortic valveSofia Thomopoulou
Department of Cardiology, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center, Athens, Greece
J Invasive Cardiol 20:E124-5. 2008..We report a unique case of early occurrence of thrombotic obstruction of the left main stem following aortic valve replacement and its interventional management...
- Hemolysis comparison between the OmniSonics OmniWave Endovascular System and the Possis AngioJet in a porcine modelElvira V Lang
OmniSonics Medical Technologies, Wilmington, Massachusetts, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:1215-21. 2008..To compare the degree of hemolysis generated during use of the ultrasound-based OmniSonics OmniWave Endovascular System and the Possis AngioJet connected to an Xpeedior-6 catheter...
- Outcomes of percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy of arteriovenous fistulas in hemodialysis patientsGaurav Jain
Division of Nephrology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35233, USA
Semin Dial 21:581-3. 2008..Restoring the patency of thrombosed fistulas requires mechanical thrombectomy, in conjunction with angioplasty of the underlying lesion...
- Peripheral arterial applications of percutaneous mechanical thrombectomyStefan Muller-Hulsbeck
Department of Radiology, University Hospital, Kiel, Germany
Tech Vasc Interv Radiol 6:22-34. 2003Various devices have been introduced for the purpose of percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy (PMT)...
- Major pulmonary embolism treated with a rheolytic thrombectomy catheterP Chiam
Department of Cardiology, National Heart Centre, 17 Third Hospital Avenue, Singapore 168752
Singapore Med J 46:479-82. 2005..Recently, percutaneous rheolytic thrombectomy has emerged as an alternative treatment in patients with contraindications to thrombolysis...
- Effectiveness of rheolytic coronary thrombectomy with the AngioJet catheterStephane Rinfret
Cardiovascular Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Am J Cardiol 90:470-6. 2002..To evaluate the clinical effectiveness of rheolytic thrombectomy in a nonselected population in the glycoprotein IIb/IIIa blockade era, we reviewed clinical, angiographic, and ..
- Comparison of SMART stent placement for arteriovenous graft salvage versus successful graft PTAPatrick Michael Vogel
Sutter Institute for Medical Research, Sutter Hospital, Sacramento, California, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:1619-26. 2005..To compare the SMART (shape memory alloy recoverable technology) stent with percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) alone in hemodialysis access venous stenoses...
- Adjunctive percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy for lower-extremity deep vein thrombosis: clinical and economic outcomesHyun S Kim
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Blalock 545, Baltimore, MD 21287 4010, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:1099-104. 2006To assess the clinical and economic benefits of catheter-directed thrombolysis (CDT) alone versus CDT with rheolytic percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy (PMT) for lower-extremity deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Invasive approaches to treatment of venous thromboembolismPeter Augustinos
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Circulation 110:I27-34. 2004..Various strategies have been used to restore patency of thrombosed veins, including open surgical thrombectomy, pharmacological thrombolysis, and percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy...
- Effect of secondary interventions on patency of vascular access sites for hemodialysisF Karakayali
Department of General Surgery, , Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 32:701-9. 2006..1 +/- 12 months (range, 1-65 months). Twenty-nine (63%) of the 46 access sites treated with surgical thrombectomy were saved...
- Iliac artery thrombosis after aortic balloon counterpulsation: treatment with intraarterial tirofiban, manual thrombectomy and stentingGianluca Rigatelli
Int J Cardiol 112:387-8. 2006
- Distal embolism during percutaneous revascularization of infra-aortic arterial occlusive disease: an underestimated phenomenonDimitris Karnabatidis
Department of Radiology, Angiography Suite, University Hospital of Patras, Rion, Greece
J Endovasc Ther 13:269-80. 2006....
- [Invasive treatment of phlegmasia cerulea dolens]B Marty
Service de chirurgie cardiovasculaire,
Praxis (Bern 1994) 95:845-8. 2006
- Rheolytic thrombectomy in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction and large thrombus burden: the Thoraxcenter experienceGeorgios Sianos
Erasmus Medical Center, Department of Interventional Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Invasive Cardiol 18:3C-7C. 2006To determine the impact of Rheolytic thrombectomy (RT) on the clinical and angiographic outcome of patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) and large thrombus burden (LTB).
- Acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction in a 15-year-old boy with celiac disease and multifactorial thrombotic riskAndrea Picchi
Department of Cardiology, Misericordia Hospital, Grosseto, Italy
Thromb Haemost 99:1116-8. 2008
- Transcatheter treatment for systemic-to-pulmonary artery shunt obstruction in infants and childrenMatthew J Gillespie
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 71:928-35. 2008..This review summarizes the various transcatheter techniques used by the interventionalist to re-establish flow through occluded shunts...
- Combined clot fragmentation and aspiration in patients with acute pulmonary embolismGuering Eid-Lidt
Department of Interventional Cardiology, Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia Ignacio Chavez, Juan Badiano No 1, Tlalpan, CP 14080, Mexico City, Mexico
Chest 134:54-60. 2008..alternatives for this condition include thrombolysis, surgical embolectomy, or percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy (PMT)...
- Angiographic and clinical characteristics associated with the removable plaque components by means of thrombectomy catheters in patients with myocardial infarctionNobuaki Suzuki
Department of Internal Medicine, Teikyo University, School of Medicine, Tokyo 173 8605, Japan
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 8:236-42. 2007..The purpose of this study is to investigate the clinical and angiographic characteristics related to removable plaque elements in patients undergoing thrombectomy for myocardial infarction.
- Thrombolytic therapy or surgery as management of prosthetic valve thrombosis?Senol Yavuz
Bursa Yuksek Ihtisas Education and Research Hospital, Bursa 16330, Turkey
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:811-2. 2007
- Is thrombolysis or surgery the best option for acute prosthetic valve thrombosis?Moloy Das
Department of Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery, James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough, UK
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:806-11. 2007..Surgery for these patients may remain the mainstay of treatment unless the clot burden is particularly small or the patient's co-morbidities make surgery unacceptably high-risk...
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt, mechanical aspiration thrombectomy, and direct thrombolysis in the treatment of acute portal and superior mesenteric vein thrombosisCarlo Ferro
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, San Martino University Hospital, Largo Rosanna Benzi 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:1070-4. 2007..was treated percutaneously with transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS), mechanical aspiration thrombectomy, and direct thrombolysis, and 1 week after the procedure, complete patency of the portal and superior ..
- [Successful thrombectomy with Diver aspirator in the treatment of acute myocardial infarct of the lower heart wall]Sławomir Gołebiewski
Klinika Kardiologii Inwazyjnej, Centralny Szpital Kliniczny MSWiA, ul Wołoska 137, 02 507 Warszawa
Kardiol Pol 65:205-7; discussion 207-8. 2007
- Prospective, multicenter study of thrombectomy in patients with acute myocardial infarction: the X-Tract AMI registryJohn J Young
Swedish Heart and Vascular Institute, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Interv Cardiol 20:44-50. 2007..b>Thrombectomy prior to intervention may decrease thromboembolic complications and improve outcomes.
- Thrombus aspiration with export catheter in ST elevation myocardial infarctionMassimo Margheri
Dipartimento del Cuore e dei Vasi, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Florence, Italy
J Interv Cardiol 20:38-43. 2007Many thrombectomy devices have failed to confirm initial promising results during primary angioplasty. This may be due to device complexity and operator experience...
- Contemporary treatment of thrombosed hemodialysis graftsD T Gibbens
Department of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, Community Medical Center, 99 Highway 37 West, Toms River, NJ 08755, USA
Tech Vasc Interv Radiol 4:122-6. 2001..Recent reports concerning the use of newer-generation thrombolytic agents report similar outcomes, with a reduction in total cost...
- The effect of thrombectomy on myocardial blush in primary angioplasty: the Randomized Evaluation of Thrombus Aspiration by two thrombectomy devices in acute Myocardial Infarction (RETAMI) trialGennaro Sardella
Department of Cardiovascular, Respiratory, and Morphologic Sciences, University La Sapienza, Policlinico Umberto I, Rome, Italy
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 71:84-91. 2008..Compared with conventional stenting, pretreatment with aspiration thrombectomy during primary PCI significantly improves coronary epicardial flow and myocardial tissue perfusion parameters...
- AngioJet Rheolytic thrombectomy during rescue PCI for failed thrombolysis: a single-center experienceDimitri A Sherev
Division of Cardiology, Good Samaritan Hospital, Los Angeles, California 90017, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 18:12C-16C. 2006BACKGROUND: Previous studies have shown the efficacy of AngioJet Rheolytic Thrombectomy (RT) in reducing thrombus burden and improving coronary flow in acute myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Improved outcome with AngioJet thrombectomy during primary stenting in acute myocardial infarction patients with high-grade thrombusSamin K Sharma
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory of the Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 18:C8-11. 2006..The AngioJet thrombectomy catheter has been utilized in this setting in order to limit distal embolization and improve flow...
- Percutaneous rheolytic thrombectomy for thrombosed autogenous fistulae and prosthetic arteriovenous grafts: outcome after aggressive surveillance and endovascular managementStavros K Kakkos
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Endovasc Ther 15:91-102. 2008To study the outcome of rheolytic thrombectomy for hemodialysis access occlusion.
- Cardiac and great vessel thrombosis in BehÃ§et's diseaseD Ozatli
Hacettepe University Medical School, Department of Haematology, Ankara, Turkey
Intern Med 40:68-72. 2001..We reviewed the enigmatic prothrombotic state of BD, and discuss our prior experiences in this field...
- Safety and efficacy of a novel device for treatment of thrombotic and atherosclerotic lesions in native coronary arteries and saphenous vein grafts: results from the multicenter X-Sizer for treatment of thrombus and atherosclerosis in coronary applicationGregg W Stone
The Cardiovascular Research Foundation and Lenox Hill Heart and Vascular Institute, New York, New York 10021, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 58:419-27. 2003..0%, and any MACE in 6.0%. We conclude that the use of the X-Sizer prior to percutaneous intervention is safe in high-risk vein grafts and thrombotic lesions and results in a low rate of adverse events compared to historical controls...
- Acute coronary and peripheral arterial thrombosis following percutaneous coronary intervention in a patient with previously undiagnosed inherited thrombophiliaJohn N Nanas
University of Athens School of Medicine, Department of Clinical Therapeutics, Alexandra Hospital, Athens, Greece
Can J Cardiol 19:1063-5. 2003..Inherited thrombophilia should be considered as a possible cause of arterial thrombosis following PCI...
- Percutaneous treatment of complications occurring during hemodialysis graft recanalizationConstantinos T Sofocleous
Department of Radiology Vascular and Interventional, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, University Hospital, C320 150 Bergen Street, Newark, NJ 07103 2406, USA
Eur J Radiol 47:237-46. 2003..To describe and evaluate percutaneous treatment methods of complications occurring during recanalization of thrombosed hemodialysis access grafts...
- PCI for totally occluded site consisting of huge thrombusNaotsugu Oyama
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Invasive Cardiol 15:603-6. 2003
- Intracoronary thrombectomy improves myocardial reperfusion in patients undergoing direct angioplasty for acute myocardial infarctionMassimo Napodano
Department of Cardiology, Mirano, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:1395-402. 2003OBJECTIVES: We sought to evaluate the effects of mechanical thrombectomy on myocardial reperfusion during direct angioplasty for acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- Effect of the PercuSurge GuardWire device on the integrity of microvasculature and clinical outcomes during primary transradial coronary intervention in acute myocardial infarctionHon-Kan Yip
Division of Cardiology and the Department of Pathology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Am J Cardiol 92:1331-5. 2003The present study investigates whether preintervention thrombectomy with a PercuSurge distal balloon protection device can improve final angiographic results compared with adjunctive tirofiban therapy during primary percutaneous coronary ..
- Prospective, randomized evaluation of thrombectomy prior to percutaneous intervention in diseased saphenous vein grafts and thrombus-containing coronary arteriesGregg W Stone
Cardiovascular Research Foundation and Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, New York 10022, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:2007-13. 2003We sought to determine whether routine thrombectomy prior to stent implantation in diseased saphenous vein grafts (SVGs) and thrombus-containing native coronary arteries would reduce peri-procedural myonecrosis and subsequently enhance ..
- [Clinical pathways -- intervention or surgery for acute ischemia of the extremities]G Halter
Abteilung für Thorax und Gefässchirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Ulm
Chirurg 74:1118-27. 2003..Percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy represents a viable therapeutic alternative to surgical or surgical-interventional modalities, particularly in ..
- Management of thrombosed dialysis access: thrombectomy versus thrombolysisRuth L Bush
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston VAMC-2002 Holcombe Boulevard (112, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 17:32-9. 2004..Many techniques for declotting have been used, including open surgical thrombectomy, percutaneous pharmacologic or mechanical thrombectomy, and pharmacomechanical techniques...
- [Anticoagulation in patients with venous thromboembolism]A Rufer
Abteilung für Hämatologie, Medizinische Klinik, Kantonsspital Luzern
Ther Umsch 60:43-7. 2003..and hemodynamically relevant thromboembolism alternative therapeutic approaches such as thrombolytic therapy, thrombectomy or insertion of intravenous filters may be useful...
- Successful treatment of aortic endograft thrombosis with rheolytic thrombectomyZvonimir Krajcer
Department of Cardiology, Texas Heart Institute, St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Endovasc Ther 9:756-64. 2002To report the benefits of rheolytic thrombectomy for treating aortic endograft thrombosis.
- Outcome and prognostic factors of restenosis after percutaneous treatment of native hemodialysis fistulasTimothy W I Clark
Department of Radiology, Dalhousie University, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Center, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Vasc Interv Radiol 13:51-9. 2002..Primary interventions consisted of angioplasty (n = 50), stent placement (n = 3), or percutaneous thrombolysis/thrombectomy (n = 12)...
- Improved Thrombolysis In Deep Venous OcclusionsVinayak Kini; Fiscal Year: 2003We have developed concepts for improving the efficiency of hydrolytic-aspiration type mechanical thrombectomy device (MTD) catheter systems for use in the treatment of thrombosed Hemodialysis Grafts (HDG)...
- Novel Thrombectomy Catheter for Ischemic StrokeGUIREN WANG; Fiscal Year: 2004The goal of the proposed study is to design, fabricate and test an optimal thrombectomy catheter for treatment of ischemic stroke...
- Mechanical Clot Obliteration for the Treatment of StrokeMatthew Gounis; Fiscal Year: 2007An ultra-thin thrombectomy wire will be developed that uses transverse ultrasound waves at its tip to selectively and safely disintegrate intracranial blood clot without damage to the adjacent structures...
- EARLY DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF DIALYSIS GRAFT STENOSISMichelle Robbin; Fiscal Year: 2003..transluminal angioplasty (PTA) or surgical revision techniques have longer patency than thrombosed grafts after thrombectomy. Therefore, early stenosis detection with treatment of the hemodynamically significant stenoses found (in ..
- Polymer Actuator for Peripheral Vessel ThrombectomyMELODIE METZGER; Fiscal Year: 2004..Further, we propose to apply basic work on SMP foam actuator structure/property relationships to a mechanical thrombectomy device...
- Predictors of Hemodialysis Access DysfunctionHaimanot Wasse; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies aim to elucidate reasons for the disparities in vascular access survival among diabetics and AA's. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Pulmonary HypertensionPatricia A Thistlethwaite; Fiscal Year: 2010..Information gained from these proposed experiments should elucidate a molecular mechanism for pulmonary hypertension and suggest possible treatment strategies for this disease. ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- Vein Wall Fibrotic Injury After DVT is SLC-CCR7 DependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..The long term goal is to define a therapy to decrease post thrombotic syndrome, a common and morbid complication of deep vein thrombosis. ..
- AMPHETAMINE ENHANCED STROKE RECOVERY--BURKE SRCI GROUPLarry Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2002..However the treatment duration will be increased to a total of 10 sessions. ..
- Vein Wall Fibrotic Injury After DVT is SLC-CCR7 DependentPeter K Henke; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long term goal is to define a therapy to decrease post thrombotic syndrome, a common and morbid complication of deep vein thrombosis. ..
- RADIATION ARTERIOPATHY IN A TRANSGENIC AV FISTULA MODELMichael Lawton; Fiscal Year: 2004..If NO and TGF-01 are involved in the radiation arteriopathy of AVMs, they might be used to enhance the efficacy of conventional stereotactic radiosurgery as part of a gene therapy for high-grade cerebral AVMs. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Pulmonary HypertensionPatricia Thistlethwaite; Fiscal Year: 2005..Information gained from these proposed experiments should elucidate a molecular mechanism for pulmonary hypertension and suggest possible treatment strategies for this disease. ..
- Midcareer Development in Nonpharmacologic AnalgesiaElvira Lang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The mentoring of beginning clinical researchers will have contributed towards fostering a self- sustaining mode of integrated practice in the future. ..
- Thrombus resolution is CXC chemokine dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Progenitor Cells in Hindlimb RevascularizationDarren Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2007..By defining the role of progenitor cells in neovascularization, this proposal will support the development of novel cellular and molecular therapies for patients with vascular disease. ..
- Endothelial Function in Human Peripheral ArteriesVikram Kashyap; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will test a novel clot-dissolving combination that may improve cellular function and outcomes after artery clotting. ..
- MIDCAREER INVESTIGATOR AWARD IN CEREBROVASCULAR RESEARCHLarry Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Acute Outcomes & Management of TIA with Carotid DiseaseMAI NGUYEN HUYNH; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of these studies will provide physicians with evidence-based recommendations, and will foster Dr. Nguyen-Huynh's career as an independent clinical investigator in cerebrovascular diseases. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Pulmonary HypertensionPatricia Thistlethwaite; Fiscal Year: 2007..Information gained from these proposed experiments should elucidate a molecular mechanism for pulmonary hypertension and suggest possible treatment strategies for this disease. ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..