Genomes and Genes
Summary: Generally, restoration of blood supply to heart tissue which is ischemic due to decrease in normal blood supply. The decrease may result from any source including atherosclerotic obstruction, narrowing of the artery, or surgical clamping. Reperfusion can be induced to treat ischemia. Methods include chemical dissolution of an occluding thrombus, administration of vasodilator drugs, angioplasty, catheterization, and artery bypass graft surgery. However, it is thought that reperfusion can itself further damage the ischemic tissue, causing MYOCARDIAL REPERFUSION INJURY.
Publications245 found, 100 shown here
- Ischemic preconditioning may be transferable via whole blood transfusion: preliminary evidenceE W Dickson
University of Massachusetts Medical Center Department of Emergency Medicine, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 8:123-9. 1999..In conclusion, the ischemic preconditioning effect can be transferred to nonpreconditioned animals via whole blood transfusion, suggesting a humoral mechanism for preconditioning at a distance...
- Myocardial reperfusion injuryDerek M Yellon
Hatter Cardiovascular Institute, University College London Hospital and Medical School, London, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 357:1121-35. 2007
- Mitochondrial permeability transition pore opening during myocardial reperfusion--a target for cardioprotectionAndrew P Halestrap
Department of Biochemistry and The Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Cardiovasc Res 61:372-85. 2004..However, only if subsequent MPTP closure occurs will ATP levels be maintained, ensuring that cell death continues down an apoptotic, rather than a necrotic, pathway...
- Postconditioning: a form of "modified reperfusion" protects the myocardium by activating the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-Akt pathwayAndrew Tsang
The Hatter Institute and Centre for Cardiology, University College London Hospital, London, UK
Circ Res 95:230-2. 2004..In conclusion, we show for the first time that ischemic Postcond protects the myocardium by activating the prosurvival kinases PI3K-Akt, eNOS, and p70S6K in accordance with the RISK pathway...
- Bone marrow mononuclear cells reduce myocardial reperfusion injury by activating the PI3K/Akt survival pathwayMatthew J Lovell
Centre for Clinical Pharmacology, Cardiovascular Biomedical Research Unit, The William Harvey Research Institute, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
Atherosclerosis 213:67-76. 2010..Our aim was therefore to try and quantify protection from myocardial injury by early infusion of BMMNCs in a rat ischaemia reperfusion (I/R) model...
- Comparison of myocardial reperfusion in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention in ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction with versus without diabetes mellitus (from the EMERALD Trial)Steven P Marso
The Mid America Heart Institute, Saint Luke s Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Am J Cardiol 100:206-10. 2007..patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction undergoing primary PCI, diabetes is independently associated with decreased myocardial reperfusion, larger infarct, development of congestive heart failure, and decreased survival.
- Postconditioning attenuates myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury by inhibiting events in the early minutes of reperfusionHajime Kin
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Carlyle Fraser Heart Center Crawford Long Hospital, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30308 2225, USA
Cardiovasc Res 62:74-85. 2004..This study tested the hypothesis that the early minutes of reperfusion (R) during which postconditioning (Post-con) is applied are critical to its cardioprotection...
- Microvascular reperfusion injury: rapid expansion of anatomic no reflow during reperfusion in the rabbitThorsten Reffelmann
The Heart Institute, Good Samaritan Hospital, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90017 2395, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 283:H1099-107. 2002..06 +/- 0.01 ml x min(-1) x g(-1)). The development of macroscopic hemorrhage lagged behind no reflow, was closely correlated with it, and may be the consequence of microvascular damage...
- Postconditioning via stuttering reperfusion limits myocardial infarct size in rabbit hearts: role of ERK1/2Chad E Darling
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H1618-26. 2005..Thus our results implicate the involvement of ERK1/2 rather than PI3-kinase/Akt in the reduction of infarct size achieved with post-C...
- The pH hypothesis of postconditioning: staccato reperfusion reintroduces oxygen and perpetuates myocardial acidosisMichael V Cohen
Department of Physiology, MSB 3050, University of South Alabama, College of Medicine, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Circulation 115:1895-903. 2007..Acidosis also suppresses MPTP formation. We tested whether postconditioning protects by maintaining acidosis during early reoxygenation...
- Reperfused myocardial infarction as seen with use of necrosis-specific versus standard extracellular MR contrast media in ratsM Saeed
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco 94143 0628, USA
Radiology 213:247-57. 1999....
- Reactive oxygen species trigger ischemic and pharmacological postconditioning: in vivo and in vitro characterizationYasuo M Tsutsumi
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California, San Diego and VA San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, California 92161, USA
Life Sci 81:1223-7. 2007..These data indicate that ROS signaling is an essential trigger of ischemic and pharmacological PostC and this is occurring at the level of the cardiac myocyte...
- Ischemic postconditioning protects remodeled myocardium via the PI3K-PKB/Akt reperfusion injury salvage kinase pathwayMin Zhu
Institute of Anesthesiology, University Hospital Zurich, and Zurich Center of Integrative Human Physiology ZIHP, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Res 72:152-62. 2006..We tested whether ischemic postconditioning (IPostC) is protective in remodeled myocardium...
- Further insights into the no-reflow phenomenon after primary angioplasty in acute myocardial infarction: the role of microthromboemboliTadamichi Sakuma
Cardiovascular Imaging Center, Cardiovascular Division, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:15-21. 2003..No reflow late after reperfusion is a result of tissue necrosis. The thrombus burden also affects ultimate IS...
- Utilization and impact of pre-hospital electrocardiograms for patients with acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: data from the NCDR (National Cardiovascular Data Registry) ACTION (Acute Coronary Treatment and Intervention Outcomes Network) ReDeborah B Diercks
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95661, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:161-6. 2009..This study sought to determine the association of pre-hospital electrocardiograms (ECGs) and the timing of reperfusion therapy for patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI)...
- Myocardial infarct-sparing effect of adenosine A2A receptor activation is due to its action on CD4+ T lymphocytesZequan Yang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia Health System, Box 800759, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA
Circulation 114:2056-64. 2006..In this study we show that CD4+ but not CD8+ T lymphocytes contribute to myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury...
- Postconditioning in rats and miceMari Liis Kaljusto
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Scand Cardiovasc J 40:334-41. 2006..For subsequent studies on the molecular mechanisms of postconditioning, we aimed to identify a robust postconditioning protocol in rat and mouse heart...
- The salvaged area at risk in reperfused acute myocardial infarction as visualized by cardiovascular magnetic resonanceMatthias G Friedrich
Stephenson Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Centre at the Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta, Department of Cardiac Sciences, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1581-7. 2008..We aimed to characterize the tissue changes within the perfusion bed of infarct-related vessels in patients with acutely reperfused myocardial infarction (MI) using cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR)...
- Calcium-mediated cell death during myocardial reperfusionDavid Garcia-Dorado
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Cardiovasc Res 94:168-80. 2012....
- Determinants and impact of microvascular obstruction in successfully reperfused ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Assessment by magnetic resonance imagingJan Bogaert
Department of Radiology, Gasthuisberg University Hospital, Herestraat 49, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Radiol 17:2572-80. 2007..Presence of MVO is associated with more extensive infarctions, and characterized by greater adverse LV remodeling and lack of functional recovery...
- Prolonged transient acidosis during early reperfusion contributes to the cardioprotective effects of postconditioningMasashi Fujita
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H2004-8. 2007..In conclusion, postconditioning mediates its cardioprotective effects possibly via prolonged transient acidosis during the early reperfusion phase with the activation of Akt and ERK...
- Postconditioning: reduction of reperfusion-induced injuryZhi qing Zhao
Cardiothoracic Research Laboratory, Carlyle Fraser Heart Center, Emory Crawford Long Hospital, Emory University, 550 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30308 2225, USA
Cardiovasc Res 70:200-11. 2006..Postconditioning indirectly supports the concept of reperfusion injury in animal models of ischaemia-reperfusion and in patients, and exerts cardioprotection that is equivalent to that of ischaemic preconditioning...
- Assessment of severe reperfusion injury with T2* cardiac MRI in patients with acute myocardial infarctionDeclan P O'Regan
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Robert Steiner MRI Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Du Cane Road, London, UK
Heart 96:1885-91. 2010..Non-invasive assessment of interstitial myocardial haemorrhage by T2* cardiac MRI (T2*-CMR) provides a novel and specific biomarker of severe reperfusion injury which may be of prognostic value...
- Randomized comparison of pre-hospital-initiated facilitated percutaneous coronary intervention versus primary percutaneous coronary intervention in acute myocardial infarction very early after symptom onset: the LIPSIA-STEMI trial (Leipzig immediate prehoHolger Thiele
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, University of Leipzig Heart Center, Leipzig, Germany
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 4:605-14. 2011....
- Opposite effects of angiotensin AT1 and AT2 receptor antagonists on recovery of mechanical function after ischemia-reperfusion in isolated working rat heartsW R Ford
Division of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Circulation 94:3087-9. 1996..Whether short-term administration of AT1 or angiotensin II type 2 (AT2) receptor antagonists is cardioprotective has not been investigated...
- Detection and quantification of myocardial reperfusion hemorrhage using T2*-weighted CMRAndreas Kumar
Quebec Heart and Lung Institute, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 4:1274-83. 2011....
- Effect of acidic reperfusion on prolongation of intracellular acidosis and myocardial salvageJavier Inserte
Servicio de Cardiologia, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Pg Vall d Hebron 119 129, Barcelona, Spain
Cardiovasc Res 77:782-90. 2008..However, contradictory reports exist on the effects of acidic reperfusion on myocardial salvage. Here we characterized the effect of lowering the pH of the reperfusion media (pHo) on intracellular pH (pHi) and cell death...
- Single high-dose erythropoietin administration immediately after reperfusion in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: results of the erythropoietin in myocardial infarction trialFabrice Prunier
Université Angers, Laboratoire Protection et Remodelage du Myocarde, CHU Angers, Service de cardiologie, France
Am Heart J 163:200-7.e1. 2012..We investigated whether a single high-dose of EPO administered immediately after reperfusion in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) would limit infarct size...
- Evaluation of the time saved by prehospital initiation of reteplase for ST-elevation myocardial infarction: results of The Early Retavase-Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction (ER-TIMI) 19 trialDavid A Morrow
Cardiovascular Division and TIMI Study Group, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:71-7. 2002....
- Prognostic differences between different types of bundle branch block during the early phase of acute myocardial infarction: insights from the Hirulog and Early Reperfusion or Occlusion (HERO)-2 trialCheuk Kit Wong
Cardiovascular Research Unit, Green Lane Cardiovascular Service, Auckland City Hospital, Private Bag 92024, Auckland 1030, New Zealand
Eur Heart J 27:21-8. 2006..Bundle branch block (BBB) early during acute myocardial infarction (AMI) is often considered high risk for mortality. Little is known about how different BBB types influence prognosis...
- Intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation and infarct size in patients with acute anterior myocardial infarction without shock: the CRISP AMI randomized trialManesh R Patel
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27715, USA
JAMA 306:1329-37. 2011..Intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation (IABC) is an adjunct to revascularization in patients with cardiogenic shock and reduces infarct size when placed prior to reperfusion in animal models...
- Coronary response to diadenosine pentaphosphate after ischaemia-reperfusion in the isolated rat heartAngel Luis García-Villalón
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Arzobispo Morcillo 2, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Cardiovasc Res 81:336-43. 2009..The objective of this study was to analyse their effects in such conditions...
- Primary angioplasty for any patient with ST-elevation myocardial infarction? Guideline-adherent feasibility and impact on mortality in a rural infarction networkRalf Birkemeyer
Department of Cardiology, Schwarzwald Baar Klinikum, Villingen Schwenningen, Vöhrenbacherstrasse 23, 78050 Villingen Schwenningen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:833-40. 2010....
- Abciximab improves both epicardial flow and myocardial reperfusion in ST-elevation myocardial infarction. Observations from the TIMI 14 trialJ A de Lemos
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston Massachusetts, USA
Circulation 101:239-43. 2000..We determined whether the combination of abciximab plus reduced-dose tPA provided additional benefit in terms of myocardial reperfusion, as evidenced by greater resolution of ST elevation.
- Proteasome inhibition ablates activation of NF-kappa B in myocardial reperfusion and reduces reperfusion injuryJoseph Pye
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 284:H919-26. 2003..was inhibited by systemic administration of a 20S proteasome inhibitor (PS-519) in a porcine model of myocardial reperfusion injury...
- Morphologic validation of reperfused hemorrhagic myocardial infarction by cardiovascular magnetic resonanceCristina Basso
Department of Medic Diagnostic Sciences and Special Therapies, University of Padua Medical School, Padua, Italy
Am J Cardiol 100:1322-7. 2007....
- Preconditioning the diabetic heart: the importance of Akt phosphorylationAndrew Tsang
The Hatter Institute and Centre for Cardiology, University College London Hospitals, Grafton Way, London, WC1E 6DB, UK
Diabetes 54:2360-4. 2005..To protect the diabetic myocardium, it appears necessary to increase the IPC stimulus to achieve the threshold for cardioprotection and a critical level of Akt phosphorylation to mediate myocardial protection...
- Shedding of the endothelial glycocalyx in patients undergoing major vascular surgery with global and regional ischemiaMarkus Rehm
Clinic of Anesthesiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Circulation 116:1896-906. 2007..As already demonstrated, this structure plays a key role in the regulation of inflammation and vascular permeability...
- Retrospective determination of the area at risk for reperfused acute myocardial infarction with T2-weighted cardiac magnetic resonance imaging: histopathological and displacement encoding with stimulated echoes (DENSE) functional validationsAnthony H Aletras
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892 1061, USA
Circulation 113:1865-70. 2006....
- B-type natriuretic peptide at early reperfusion limits infarct size in the rat isolated heartDwaine S Burley
The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, London, UK
Basic Res Cardiol 102:529-41. 2007..Furthermore, endogenous activation of pGC could play a role in the mechanism of postconditioning...
- 2007 Focused Update of the ACC/AHA 2004 Guidelines for the Management of Patients With ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines: developed in collaboratElliott M Antman
Circulation 117:296-329. 2008
- Release of TNF-alpha during myocardial reperfusion depends on oxidative stress and is prevented by mast cell stabilizersStefanie Gilles
Department of Physiology, University of Munich, Schillerstr 44, 80336 Munich, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 60:608-16. 2003..Our study sought to elucidate the role of oxidative stress for shedding of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) and for activating TNF-alpha-converting enzyme (TACE)...
- Brief repetitive balloon occlusions enhance reperfusion during percutaneous coronary intervention for acute myocardial infarction: a pilot studyWarren K Laskey
Division of Cardiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 65:361-7. 2005..Such ischemic conditioning represents a potentially useful adjunct to strategies for enhancing reperfusion during acute myocardial infarction...
- PI 3-kinase regulates the mitochondrial transition pore in controlled reperfusion and postconditioningJean Chrisostome Bopassa
INSERM E0226, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon I, Laboratoire de Physiologie Lyon Nord 8, avenue Rockefeller, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Cardiovasc Res 69:178-85. 2006..We investigated whether phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) might regulate mitochondrial permeability transition pore (mPTP) opening in hearts reperfused with either low pressure or postconditioning...
- Implementation of guidelines improves the standard of care: the Viennese registry on reperfusion strategies in ST-elevation myocardial infarction (Vienna STEMI registry)Karim Kalla
Wilhelminenhospital, 3rd Medical Department, Medical University Vienna, Austria
Circulation 113:2398-405. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine whether implementation of recent guidelines improves in-hospital mortality from acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) in a metropolitan area...
- Pharmacological preconditioning with tumor necrosis factor-alpha activates signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 at reperfusion without involving classic prosurvival kinases (Akt and extracellular signal-regulated kinase)Sandrine Lecour
Department of Medicine, Hatter Institute for Cardiology Research, Cape Heart Centre, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Circulation 112:3911-8. 2005....
- Prognostic value and determinants of a hypointense infarct core in T2-weighted cardiac magnetic resonance in acute reperfused ST-elevation-myocardial infarctionIngo Eitel
University of Leipzig Heart Center, Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Leipzig, Germany
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 4:354-62. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate determinants and prognostic impact of a hypointense infarct core in T2-weighted CMR images, studied in patients after acute, reperfused ST-elevation-myocardial infarction...
- High-dose intracoronary adenosine for myocardial salvage in patients with acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarctionWalter Desmet
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University Hospitals Leuven, Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Heart J 32:867-77. 2011Previous studies have suggested that intravenous administration of adenosine improves myocardial reperfusion and reduces infarct size in ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) patients...
- Rabbit heart can be "preconditioned" via transfer of coronary effluentE W Dickson
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Am J Physiol 277:H2451-7. 1999..Although adenosine and norepinephrine are apparently not responsible, these results suggest that remote protection is initiated by a humoral mechanism...
- Myocardial strain analysis in acute coronary occlusion: a tool to assess myocardial viability and reperfusionErik Lyseggen
Institute for Surgical Research, Department of Cardiology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Circulation 112:3901-10. 2005....
- Angiographic and clinical outcomes in patients receiving low-molecular-weight heparin versus unfractionated heparin in ST-elevation myocardial infarction treated with fibrinolytics in the CLARITY-TIMI 28 TrialMarc S Sabatine
Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Circulation 112:3846-54. 2005..Whether these advantages translate into greater infarct-related artery patency and fewer adverse clinical events in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) receiving fibrinolytic therapy remains under study...
- Mitochondrial K(ATP) channel opening is important during index ischemia and following myocardial reperfusion in ischemic preconditioned rat heartsR M Fryer
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 33:831-4. 2001..8+/-6.9, respectively). These data suggest that activation of the mitochondrial K(ATP) channel is an important downstream regulator of myocardial protection with effects lasting into the reperfusion period following prolonged ischemia...
- Reperfused myocardial infarction: contrast-enhanced 64-Section CT in comparison to MR imagingKoen Nieman
Cardiac MRI PET CT Program, Department of Radiology and the Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 165 Cambridge St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Radiology 247:49-56. 2008..To prospectively compare 64-section multidetector computed tomography (CT) and cardiac magnetic resonance (MR) imaging for the early assessment of myocardial enhancement and infarct size after acute reperfused myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Microvasculature in acute myocardial ischemia: part II: evolving concepts in pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatmentSanjiv Kaul
Cardiovascular Division, Box 800158, Medical Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0158, USA
Circulation 109:310-5. 2004
- Clinical outcome and left ventricular remodeling in AMI patients with insufficient myocardial reperfusion after recanalizationJun Jin
Xinqiao Hospital, Chongqing City, PR China
Clin Invest Med 33:E304-12. 2010..In this study, we investigated whether insufficient myocardial reperfusion plays an important role in left ventricular (LV) remodeling and functional recovery in patients with ..
- High QRS score on admission strongly predicts impaired myocardial reperfusion in patients with a first anterior acute myocardial infarctionMasami Kosuge
Division of Cardiology, Yokohama City University Medical Center, 4 57 Urafune cho, Minamiku, Yokohama 232 0024, Japan
Circ J 75:626-32. 2011..infarction (AMI), QRS score at presentation electrocardiogram (ECG) may reflect the evolutionary stage of the infarction and allow one to predict the degree of myocardial reperfusion potentially achievable by reperfusion therapy.
- Ischemic postconditioning: brief ischemia during reperfusion converts persistent ventricular fibrillation into regular rhythmMichael Galagudza
Department of Pathophysiology and Laboratory of Circulation, St Petersburg I P Pavlov Federal Medical University, Russian Federation
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 25:1006-10. 2004..This phenomenon has been termed ischemic postconditioning. In the present study, we studied the possible effect of postconditioning on persistent reperfusion-induced ventricular fibrillation (VF) in the isolated rat heart model...
- Hypothermia during reperfusion does not reduce myocardial infarct size in pigsMichael Maeng
Department of Cardiology, Skejby Hospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Brendstrupgaardsvej, 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Basic Res Cardiol 101:61-8. 2006..74 +/- 0.09; p = ns vs control for both comparisons). In conclusion, hypothermia during ischemia is strongly myocardioprotective while hypothermia during reperfusion does not reduce myocardial infarct size in human-sized pigs...
- Acute angiographic analysis of non-ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarctionAmr E Abbas
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073, USA
Am J Cardiol 94:907-9. 2004..91, 95% confidence interval 1.62 to 5.22, p = 0.0003)...
- The no-reflow phenomenon: A basic mechanism of myocardial ischemia and reperfusionThorsten Reffelmann
The Heart Institute, Good Samaritan Hospital, Dept of Cardiology, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine at Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1225 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles CA 90017, USA
Basic Res Cardiol 101:359-72. 2006....
- No prominent role for terminal complement activation in the early myocardial reperfusion phase following cardiac surgeryKirsten A Kortekaas
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 41:e117-25. 2012..Although complement inhibitors are highly effective in animals, clinical trials fail to show a substantial benefit in humans. This raises questions on the role of complement activation in human myocardial I/R injury...
- Markers of myocardial reperfusion as predictors of left ventricular function recovery in acute myocardial infarction treated with primary angioplastyFrancesco Bellandi
Division of Cardiology, Misericordia e Dolce Hospital, Prato, Italy
Clin Cardiol 27:683-8. 2004Myocardial blush grade (MBG), corrected TIMI frame count (cTFC), and ST-segment reduction are indices of myocardial reperfusion.
- Role of Akt signaling in mitochondrial survival pathway triggered by hypoxic preconditioningTakamichi Uchiyama
Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06030 1110, USA
Circulation 109:3042-9. 2004..In this study, we investigated whether Akt signaling has a role in the antiapoptotic pathways of preconditioning against hypoxia/reoxygenation (H/R)...
- Molecular mechanisms of platelet-mediated leukocyte recruitment during myocardial reperfusionChristian Kupatt
Internal Medicine I, Klinikum Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 72:455-61. 2002..23+/-4/field), an effect sensitive to Tirofiban inhibition (23+/-4 leukocytes/field, 22+/-3 platelets/field). We conclude that platelets contribute postischemic leukocyte adhesion in the heart via P-selectin and GPIIb/IIIa...
- O2 delivery and redox state are determinants of compartment-specific reactive O2 species in myocardial reperfusionJason D Stoner
Dept of Emergency Medicine, The Ohio State Univ, 146 Means Hall, 1654 Upham Dr, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H109-16. 2007..The redox state that develops during ischemia appears to be an important precursor for reperfusion ROS production...
- No-reflow phenomenon persists long-term after ischemia/reperfusion in the rat and predicts infarct expansionThorsten Reffelmann
The Heart Institute, Good Samaritan Hospital, University of Southern California, 1225 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90017, USA
Circulation 108:2911-7. 2003..No-reflow after reperfusion therapy for myocardial infarction is a strong predictor of clinical outcome. But its fate on a long-term basis and potential significance for infarct healing are not yet known...
- Regional heterogeneity of myocardial reperfusion injury: effect of mild hypothermiaHirotsugu Hamamoto
Harrison Department of Surgical Research, Glenolden Research Laboratory, University of Pennsylvania, Glenolden, Pennsylvania 19036, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 87:164-71. 2009..The effect of temperature on the extent and distribution of myocardial reperfusion injury in a collateral deficient ovine model was studied.
- Prevalence and significance of accelerated idioventricular rhythm in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction treated with primary percutaneous coronary interventionChristian Juhl Terkelsen
Department of Cardiology B, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Am J Cardiol 104:1641-6. 2009..However, it is not a marker of successful reperfusion but is associated with extensive myocardial damage and delayed microvascular reperfusion...
- Long-term inhibition of myocardial infarction by postconditioning during reperfusionJames Mykytenko
Cardiothoracic Research Laboratory, Carlyle Fraser Heart Center Crawford Long Hospital Emory University School of Medicine, 550 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30308 2225, USA
Basic Res Cardiol 102:90-100. 2007..p < 0.05 24 vs. 3 h control; p < 0.05 postconditioning vs. time-matched control...
- Relationship of admission hematological indexes with myocardial reperfusion abnormalities in acute ST segment elevation myocardial infarction patients treated with primary percutaneous coronary interventionsOrhan Maden
Yuksek Ihtisas Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Can J Cardiol 25:e164-8. 2009..However, their relationship with reperfusion abnormalities is less clear...
- Reduction of "no-reflow" phenomenon by intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation in a randomized magnetic resonance imaging experimental studyLuciano C Amado
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 6568, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:1291-8. 2004..We hypothesized that IABC augmentation reduces the extent of microvascular obstruction after acute infarction...
- Primary percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty accelerates early myocardial reperfusion compared to thrombolytic therapy in patients with acute myocardial infarctionUwe Zeymer
Medizinische Klinik II, Klinikum Kassel, Kassel, Germany
Am Heart J 146:686-91. 2003..The aim of this study was to compare early ST resolution in patients treated with primary percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA) or thrombolytic therapy for AMI...
- Peak CKMB and cTnT accurately estimates myocardial infarct size after reperfusionErik Hedstrom
Department of Clinical Physiology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Scand Cardiovasc J 41:44-50. 2007....
- Reperfusion arrhythmias: are they only a marker of epicardial reperfusion or continuing myocardial ischemia after acute myocardial infarction?Gulumser Heper
Department of Cardiology, SSK Ihtisas Hospital, Etlik
Angiology 58:663-70. 2007..This finding suggests that the continuing myocardial ischemia represented by TIMI flow at the coronary angiography after acute myocardial infarction may have an important role in the pathogenesis of reperfusion arrhythmias...
- Sustained cardioprotection afforded by A2A adenosine receptor stimulation after 72 hours of myocardial reperfusionMatthieu Boucher
Centre de biomédecine, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 45:439-46. 2005..CREB activation and Hsp27 content do not seem to be associated with cardioprotection because they are enhanced in both treated groups, suggesting indirect A2A agonist and pathology-related effects...
- Ischemic postconditioning in pigs: no causal role for RISK activationAndreas Skyschally
Institut fur Pathophysiologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Germany
Circ Res 104:15-8. 2009..In protocol 2, Wortmannin and U0126 blocked the increases in RISK phosphorylation during reperfusion, but infarct size was still smaller with IPoC (15+/-7%) than with IFR (35+/-6%; P<0.05)...
- Erythrocyte-rich thrombus aspirated from patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction: association with oxidative stress and its impact on myocardial reperfusionKei Yunoki
Department of Cardiology, Osaka City General Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Eur Heart J 33:1480-90. 2012..The purpose of this study was to determine the associations of red blood cell (RBC) component of coronary thrombi with oxidative stress and myocardial reperfusion.
- Mechanical prevention of distal embolization during primary angioplasty: safety, feasibility, and impact on myocardial reperfusionUgo Limbruno
Cardiac and Thoracic Department, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Circulation 108:171-6. 2003Effective myocardial reperfusion after primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) may be limited by distal embolization...
- Impact of minimising door-to-balloon times in ST-elevation myocardial infarction to less than 30 min on outcome: an analysis over an 8-year period in a tertiary care centreUlrike M Müller
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, University of Leipzig, Heart Centre, Strumpellstrasse 39, Leipzig, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 100:297-309. 2011..We hypothesised that DBT of <30 min can be accomplished for the majority of patients...
- Lethal myocardial reperfusion injury: a necessary evil?Borja Ibanez
Fundación Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III C N I C, Madrid, Spain
Int J Cardiol 151:3-11. 2011..Currently, no intervention has been consistently shown to reduce reperfusion injury in large randomized multicenter trials, but the research in this field is intense and the future is highly promising...
- Time-dependent benefit of initial thrombosuction on myocardial reperfusion in primary percutaneous coronary interventionC L Chao
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Clin Pract 62:555-61. 2008..artery during primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) may cause distal embolisation and impaired myocardial reperfusion. Clinical results of thromboembolic protection strategies have been controversial...
- Right bundle-branch block in anterior acute myocardial infarction in the coronary intervention era: acute angiographic findings and prognosisSatoshi Kurisu
Department of Cardiology, Hiroshima City Hospital, 7 33, Moto machi, Naka ku, Hiroshima, 730 8518 Japan
Int J Cardiol 116:57-61. 2007..Previous studies in the prethrombolytic or thrombolytic era have reported that right bundle-branch block (RBBB) is associated with poor clinical outcome in patients with acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- Differentiating ST elevation myocardial infarction and nonischemic causes of ST elevation by analyzing the presenting electrocardiogramJason B Jayroe
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
Am J Cardiol 103:301-6. 2009..There is a need to revise our current electrocardiographic criteria for differentiating STEMI from NISTE...
- Transfer for urgent percutaneous coronary intervention early after thrombolysis for ST-elevation myocardial infarction: the TRANSFER-AMI pilot feasibility studyWarren J Cantor
Southlake Regional Health Centre, Newmarket, Canada
Can J Cardiol 22:1121-6. 2006..Urgent PCI after thrombolysis may optimize reperfusion and prevent reinfarction and recurrent ischemia...
- System delay and mortality among patients with STEMI treated with primary percutaneous coronary interventionChristian Juhl Terkelsen
Department of Cardiology, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
JAMA 304:763-71. 2010..No previous studies have focused on the association between system delay and outcome in patients with STEMI treated with primary PCI...
- Limitation of myocardial infarct size in the clinical setting: current status and challenges in translating animal experiments into clinical therapyTetsuji Miura
Division of Cardiology, 2nd Dept of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, South 1 West 16, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, 060 8543, Japan
Basic Res Cardiol 103:501-13. 2008..Few agents have been thoroughly tested in clinically relevant animal models prior to their testing in man...
- Myocardial protection by insulin at reperfusion requires early administration and is mediated via Akt and p70s6 kinase cell-survival signalingA K Jonassen
Department of Medical Physiology, Institute of Medical Biology, , Norway
Circ Res 89:1191-8. 2001..Moreover, BAD is maintained in its inert phosphorylated state in response to insulin therapy...
- Signaling pathways in ischemic preconditioningJames M Downey
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Heart Fail Rev 12:181-8. 2007..The reperfused heart requires the support of the protective signals for only about an hour after which the ischemic injury is repaired and the signals are no longer needed...
- Acute treatment of myocardial infarction in Canada 1999-2002Cynthia A Jackevicius
Pharmacy Department, University Health Network Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C4
Can J Cardiol 21:145-52. 2005..Therapy for management of acute myocardial infarction (AMI) varies according to patient, prescriber and geographical characteristics...
- Myocardial perfusion as assessed by positron emission tomography during long-term mechanical circulatory supportGeorge V Letsou
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vasculay, The University of Texas Houston Medical School, Houston, TX, USA
Congest Heart Fail 12:69-74. 2006..These pilot study findings suggest that the decreased metabolic requirements induced by ventricular unloading correspondingly decreased blood flow requirements to physiologically inactive myocardium...
- Effect of inhibition of Na(+)/Ca(2+) exchanger at the time of myocardial reperfusion on hypercontracture and cell deathJavier Inserte
Servicio de Cardiologia, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Cardiovasc Res 55:739-48. 2002..This study investigates the effect of NCX inhibition with KB-R7943 at the time of reperfusion on cell viability...
- Optimal therapeutic strategies in the setting of post-infarct no reflow: the need for a pathogenetic classificationL Galiuto
Heart 90:123-5. 2004
- Use of emergency medical services in acute myocardial infarction and subsequent quality of care: observations from the National Registry of Myocardial Infarction 2John G Canto
Chest Pain Center and Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 0012, USA
Circulation 106:3018-23. 2002..We examined use of the EMS in the United States and ascertained the factors that may influence its use by patients with acute MI...
- Development of systems of care for ST-elevation myocardial infarction patients: evaluation and outcomesEric D Peterson
Circulation 116:e64-7. 2007
- Hypoxic conditioning suppresses nitric oxide production upon myocardial reperfusionMyoung Gwi Ryou
Department of Integrative Physiology, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76107 2699, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 233:766-74. 2008..Attenuation of the NOS/NO system may contribute to IHC-induced protection of myocardium from ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Prediction of clinical outcome after mechanical revascularization in acute myocardial infarction by markers of myocardial reperfusionPhilipp K Haager
Medical Clinic I, University Hospital RWTH, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:532-8. 2003..We sought to evaluate and compare recently suggested parameters of reperfusion after angioplasty in acute myocardial infarction (AMI) for risk stratification during long-term follow-up...
- Assessment of myocardial viability in reperfused acute myocardial infarction using 16-slice computed tomography in comparison to magnetic resonance imagingAndreas H Mahnken
Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, Pauwelsstrasse 30 D 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:2042-7. 2005..The aim of this study was to examine if contrast-enhanced multislice spiral computed tomography (MSCT) is comparable to contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for depiction of acute myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Vasopressin impairs brain, heart and kidney perfusion: an experimental study in pigs after transient myocardial ischemiaStig Muller
Laboratory of Surgical Research, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Crit Care 12:R20. 2008..We hypothesised that restoring MAP by low dose, therapeutic level AVP would reduce vital organ blood flow in a setting of experimental acute left ventricular dysfunction...
- The paradigm of postconditioning to protect the heartC Penna
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche dell Università di Torino, Orbassano, Torino, Italy
J Cell Mol Med 12:435-58. 2008..Pharmacological PostC and possibly remote PostC may have a promising future in clinical scenario...
- High dose adenosine for suboptimal myocardial reperfusion after primary PCI: A randomized placebo-controlled pilot studyMartin G Stoel
Department of Cardiology, Medisch Spectrum Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 71:283-9. 2008..This study was designed to investigate the influence of high dose intracoronary adenosine on persistent ST-segment elevation after primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Manual thrombus-aspiration improves myocardial reperfusion: the randomized evaluation of the effect of mechanical reduction of distal embolization by thrombus-aspiration in primary and rescue angioplasty (REMEDIA) trialFrancesco Burzotta
Institute of Cardiology, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:371-6. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the use of a new manual thrombus-aspirating device in unselected patients with ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction (STEMI) undergoing urgent percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Peroxynitrite in Cardiac Ischemia/ReperfusionXin Liang Ma; Fiscal Year: 2010..for myocardial apoptosis after MI/R, and to search for the optimal therapeutic strategies that will reduce myocardial reperfusion injury...
- Chymase-Mediated MMP Activation in Ishemia Reperfusion InjuryLOUIS JOSEPH DELL'ITALIA; Fiscal Year: 2013..The injury culminates in the death of cardiomyocytes that were viable immediately before myocardial reperfusion and occurs despite timely reperfusion and can increase infarct size (1)...
- PLD2, as a GEF or as a Lipase, is Central to Leukocyte ChemotaxisJULIAN G CAMBRONERO; Fiscal Year: 2013..If we can avoid the untimely presence of these cells in ischemia, heart failure after myocardial infarction would then be diminished. ..
- Mechanisms of Reperfusion-induced Endothelial InjuryCuihua Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose that myocardial reperfusion injury to the endothelium will be modest in TNF-alpha knockout (TNF-/-) mice, severe in TNF-alpha over-..
- Cytoprotective cytokine signaling and reperfusion injuryDOUGLAS LOWELL MANN; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Myocardial reperfusion following a period of ischemia may be regarded as a "mixed blessing...
- Mechanisms of photobiomodulation in myocardial reperfusion injuryMartin Bienengraeber; Fiscal Year: 2013..Importantly, the use of NIR for reperfusion injury has the potential for rapid translation to the clinic given its relatively safe profile. ..
- An Innovative CardioprotectivePrakash Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2012..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Myocardial infarction remains a significant cause of morbidity and mortality. A cardioprotective agent that reduces infarct size and salvages myocardium can avert the transition to pump failure. ..
- Molecular and Microstructural Imaging of Cardiomyocyte Apoptosis and AutophagyDavid E Sosnovik; Fiscal Year: 2012..By using these techniques we aim to better understand how programmed CM death occurs during myocardial reperfusion and how to prevent this...
- High-Throughput Screen for Small Molecules that Modulate Myocardial DamageRichard N Kitsis; Fiscal Year: 2012..Prompt myocardial reperfusion via angioplasty/stenting is currently the optimal treatment, but its effectiveness is limited by a narrow ..
- REPERFUSION INJURY AND THE LECTIN COMPLEMENT PATHWAYCHARLES COLLARD; Fiscal Year: 2001..adhesion molecules (ICAM-1); and 3) in vivo inhibition of the lectin complement pathway attenuates myocardial reperfusion injury...
- Myocardial Salvage With a Novel Reperfusion TherapyCONSTANCE WILSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..S. annually. Prolonged ischemia of the heart followed by reperfusion produces myocardial reperfusion injury...
- ADENOSINE AND ENDOTHELIN IN MYOCARDIAL REPERFUSIONJohn Murray; Fiscal Year: 1993..These studies will provide important information regarding the role of ENDOTHELIN in myocardial reperfusion injury and whether modulation of this peptide accounts for the beneficial effects of ADENOSINE on ..
- MECHANISMS OF MYOCARDIAL REPERFUSION INJURYMERVYN FORMAN; Fiscal Year: 1991..These studies will provide important information regarding the mechanisms of reperfusion injury in the canine model and the usefullness of various agents to limit this entity...
- HUMAN N FORMYL PEPTIDE RECEPTOR--REGULATION AND GENETICSDavid Haviland; Fiscal Year: 2000..pathogenesis of many diseases including adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), rheumatoid arthritis, myocardial reperfusion injury, and inflammatory bowel disease...
- PREVENTION OF ORGAN INJURY DURING CARDIOPULMONARY BYPASSDUKE CAMERON; Fiscal Year: 1993..sCR1) is a potent inhibitor of complement activation produced by recombinant DNA techniques sCR1 reduces myocardial reperfusion injury in animal models...
- PEROXYNITRITE AS MYOCARDIAL PROTECTIVE AGENTSLaszlo Virag; Fiscal Year: 2000..and vascular smooth muscle cells, that peroxynitrite, and hydrogen peroxide, potent oxidants produced in myocardial reperfusion injury, trigger a cascade culminating in cellular energetic failure and cell death (necrosis and apoptosis)..
- Cytochrome P450 in Reperfusion InjuryRoberta Gottlieb; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal identifies cytochrome P450 monooxygenases as a previously underestimated factor in myocardial reperfusion injury, and establishes the basis for a novel therapeutic approach [unreadable] [unreadable]
- ULTRAPOTENT PARS INHIBITOR FOR CARDIOPROTECTIONJohn van Duzer; Fiscal Year: 2000..Peroxynitrite, and hydrogen peroxide, potent oxidants produced in myocardial reperfusion injury, trigger a cascade culminating in cellular energetic failure...
- Myicardial injury: role of poly (ADP-ribose) synthetaseCsaba Szabo; Fiscal Year: 2005..our studies on the role of the nuclear enzyme poly (ADP-ribose) synthetase (PARS) in the pathogenesis of myocardial reperfusion injury...
- Modified Late Infarct Reperfusion to Prevent Post MI CHFRobert Gorman; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is not the central focus of this proposal to explore the mechanism of myocardial reperfusion injury (although the apoptosis studies will provide new information on how this unique form of cell death ..
- SCOR IN ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASELewis Becker; Fiscal Year: 1999..the role of the endothelium in promoting early neutrophil (PMN) targeting and possible PMN- mediated myocardial reperfusion injury...
- MECHANISMS OF NEUTROPHIL-DEPENDENT VASCULAR DAMAGEStephen Weiss; Fiscal Year: 1993..states ranging from immune vasculitis and respiratory distress syndromes to atherosclerotic disease and myocardial reperfusion injury...
- MITOCHONDRIA AND ETHANOL DEPENDENT CARDIOPROTECTIONVictor Darley Usmar; Fiscal Year: 2001..The information gained from the accomplishment of these specific aims will give insight into the mechanisms of alcohol in cardioprotection through NO-dependent mechanisms. ..
- Mechanism of Myocardial Reperfusion Injury in DiabetesDavid Lefer; Fiscal Year: 2008..effects of NO therapy on home oxygenase-1 (HO-1) activation and myocardial protection in the setting of myocardial reperfusion injury in the diabetic heart...
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Myocardial InfarctionRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- COLLABORATIVE R01-CARDIAC GRAFTS-FUNCTIONAL ANALYSESRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Biologic Ventricular Assist DeviceRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identification and characterization of transplants will be carried out with PCR analysis of the Y chromosome (male cells into female host), detailed histologic analysis and immunostaining for muscle cell markers. ..
- Tissue Factor in Myocardial ReperfusionJakob Vinten Johansen; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Poly (ADP-Ribose) synthetase in expression of endotheliaBasilia Zingarelli; Fiscal Year: 2003..inhibition of PARS on endothelial injury and neutrophil accumulation will be studied in a rat model of myocardial reperfusion injury...
- Comprehensive Magnetic Resonance in PADChristopher Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Improving the health outcomes and quality of life in patients with PAD is a major goal of this proposal. ..
- Mitochondrial Protection Within Chronically Ischemic MyocardiumEdward O McFalls; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using this model, we propose that a class of drugs used in diabetic patients that has been associated with heart failure exacerbations, alters the mitochondrial energy production in a similar way. ..
- Inhomogeneous Sympathetic Innervation in IHDJAMES FALLAVOLLITA; Fiscal Year: 2008..Therefore, these studies will translate basic observations in animals to clinical pathophysiology in humans and identify novel substrate factors that contribute to the risk of SD in chronic ischemic heart disease. ..
- REGIONAL BETA ADRENERGIC DURING LV REMODELINGChristopher Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2002..Effects of beta-blockade on regional cell morphometry, collagen content, and blood flow will be assessed using isolated myocytes, quantitative histopathology, and fluorescent microspheres, respectively. ..
- MYOCARDIAL PRESERVATION DURING ISCHEMIC ARRESTDIPAK DAS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Ischemic heart disease represent the major cardiovascular related problems. Straitegies to reduce ischemic injury should improve the heart health leading to the reduction of death due to heart diseases. ..
- EXTRAVASCULAR TRAFFICKING OF HIV+ CELLS AND PROGNOSISHolly Birdsall; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Hormonal Opioids in Ischemic PreconditioningEric Dickson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Dickson with the facilities, equipment and expertise necessary to achieve the goals set forth in this proposal...
- ENDOTHELIN IN HUMANS CORONARY IN EARLY ATHEROSCLEROSISAmir Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Mechanism of Myocardial Angiogenesis in Transgenic/Knockout AnimalsNilanjana Maulik; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will provide and will identify important new insights into the cellular and molecular mechanisms of the cardioprotection provided by VEGF signaling through important candidate genes. ..
- The Natural History of Venous Thromboembolism in the ElderlyFrederick A Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also examine how elderly patients with venous thromboembolism are currently being treated, whether some patients are at risk for inappropriate or under treatment, and the relationship of treatment to future complications. ..
- DETERMINANTS OF CORONARY DISEASE IN HIGH RISK FAMILIESLewis Becker; Fiscal Year: 2001..This study will provide important insights into the phenotypic and genetic determinants of clinical and occult CHD in families with premature CHD. ..
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE CORONARY ANGIOGRAPHYJohn Oshinski; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Preconditioning Improves Coronary PatencyKarin Przyklenk; Fiscal Year: 2007..The resulting mechanistic insights may, ultimately, be exploited in the future design of novel therapies for the clinical treatment of recurrent thrombosis. ..
- Glomerular Filtration Rate TestChristopher Reinhardt; Fiscal Year: 2008..The test will utilize FDA-cleared compounds that are known to be GFR markers. As a result, our proposed GFR test will be able to more quickly enter the marketplace. ..
- Coronary Disease Detection by Thalluim SPECT and Fast CTLewis Becker; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Aging Heart and Vessels (International Conference)James Downey; Fiscal Year: 2004..7. To give governments a summary of new research findings and potential for the future that may contribute to health planning and problem solving from community to nation level. 8. To publish the proceedings as a public record. ..
- MICROVASC OBSTRUCTION BY MRI AFTER CORONARY INTERVENTIONKatherine Wu; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, an open epicardial coronary artery is not necessarily equivalent to optimal myocardial reperfusion. Despite a widely patent artery, complete reperfusion at the myocardial level may not occur because of ..
- Coronary Endothelial Function in HumansAmir Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The success of this program has the potential to further both the research and mentoring endeavors of patient-oriented investigation and mentoring the next generation of patient-oriented researchers. ..
- Role of IGF-1 In Diastolic Dysfunction of AgingLeanne Groban; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will provide the groundwork for future studies examining how IGF-1 signaling may modulate the programming and gene expression of the senescent myocardium. ..
- The ER Stress Response and ATF6 Activation in the HeartCHRISTOPHER GLEMBOTSKI; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ERSR has gone virtually unstudied in the heart; accordingly, the proposed studies are novel and will enhance our understanding of the ERSR and the roles played by ATF6 alpha and beta in the stressed myocardium. ..
- Mechanisms of CardioprotectionRoberto Bolli; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- MESA Family StudyKarol Watson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Glucolipotoxicity and Cardiac Dysfunction in ObesityHeinrich Taegtmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- TRANSGENIC/KNOCKOUT ANIMALS IN MYOCARDIAL PRESERVATIONDIPAK DAS; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of this proposed research will hopefully increase our understanding of redox regulation by Trx/Grx in the ischemic myocardium. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Aging, Adenosine and Platelet-Mediated ThrombosisKarin Przyklenk; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hibernating Myocardium and Sudden Cardiac DeathJOHN CANTY; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our long-term objective is to develop better approaches to identify patients with CAD who are most likely to benefit from primary prevention of SCD with placement of an ICD. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Magnetic resonance angiographyChristopher Reinhardt; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of Drugs on Myocardial HypoxiaGarrett Gross; Fiscal Year: 2009..Information gained from these studies will hopefully lead to new therapies to treat patients with ischemic heart disease. ..
- Genome-Wide Association of Platelet PhenotypesLewis Becker; Fiscal Year: 2009..This study represents the first genome -wide SNP association study of comprehensive platelet function and should lead to novel tailored anti-platelet therapy for the prevention of vascular thromboses. (End of Abstract) ..