Summary: Technique for measuring air pressure and the rate of airflow in the nasal cavity during respiration.
Publications177 found, 100 shown here
- [Acoustic rhinometry--examination technique and discussion of the recommendation of the Committee for Standardisation of Acoustic Rhinometry, European Rhinologic Association ]Tomasz Gotlib
, Akademii Medycznej w Warszawie
Pol Merkur Lekarski 14:79-81. 2003..In the paper the technique of examination is presented and the recommendations of the Committee for Standardisation of Acoustic Rhinometry, European Rhinologic Association are discussed...
- Comparison of rhinometric measurements methods in intranasal pathologyJura Numminen
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Rhinology 41:65-8. 2003..A total of 69 patients acutely ill with the common cold were examined. Acoustic rhinometry (AR), rhinomanometry (RMM), nasal PEF (nPEF) and Visual Analogue Scale (VAS) recordings were performed before the subjects became ..
- The importance of nasal resistance in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: a study with positional rhinomanometryA De Vito
E.N.T. Clinic, Department of Neurosciences, Pisa University, Pisa, Italy
Sleep Breath 5:3-11. 2001..we analyzed the nasal resistance of 36 OSAS patients by performing a traditional basal anterior active rhinomanometry test (AAR) and a positional AAR, with the patient in a supine position...
- Comparison of decongestive capacity of xylometazoline and pseudoephedrine with rhinomanometry and MRIM Caenen
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Free University Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Rhinology 43:205-9. 2005..Decongestion was measured with active anterior rhinomanometry before, 15 minutes, 30 minutes and 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 hours after administration...
- Nasal lavage fluid examination and rhinomanometry in the diagnostics of occupational airway allergy to laboratory animalsAnna Krakowiak
Department of Occupational Diseases, Nofer Institute of Occupational Medicine, , Poland
Int J Occup Med Environ Health 16:125-32. 2003..The intensity of inflammation during the specific reaction is related to the symptom score and to ENR in occupational allergics...
- Diagnostic accuracy of peak nasal inspiratory flow and rhinomanometry in functional rhinosurgeryChristian Bermüller
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Laryngoscope 118:605-10. 2008Sensitivity and specificity of active anterior rhinomanometry (RMM) and peak nasal inspiratory flow (PNIF) in the diagnosis of functionally relevant structural nasal deformities should be assessed...
- Consensus report on acoustic rhinometry and rhinomanometryP A R Clement
ENT Department, Academisch Ziekenhuis, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Rhinology 43:169-79. 2005..For rhinomanometry, new insights into the field of fluid dynamics are highlighted, as well as their repercussion on more recent ..
- Role of nasal valve in the surgically corrected nasal respiratory obstruction: evaluation through rhinomanometryE Ricci
Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Turin, Italy
Am J Rhinol 15:307-10. 2001..Preoperative and postoperative rhinomanometry was performed on all 50 patients...
- What happens to patients with nasal stuffiness and pathological rhinomanometry left without surgery?Helle L Thulesius
ENT Department, Central Hospital, Vaxjo, Sweden
Rhinology 47:24-7. 2009..on average 8 years after a baseline investigation with an ENT-examination, a rhinomanometric survey and a rhinomanometry. We did follow-up investigations in 44 out of 59 non-operated patients with a pathological NAR on at least one ..
- The combination of acoustic rhinometry, rhinoresistometry and flow simulation in noses before and after turbinate surgery: a model studyS Grutzenmacher
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 65:341-7. 2003..In order to understand rhinometric assessments precisely, knowledge of airflow behavior in the nose is necessary. We therefore investigated the influence of nasal concha surgery on acoustic rhinometry and rhinoresistometry in a model...
- Comparison of microdebrider-assisted inferior turbinoplasty and submucosal resection for children with hypertrophic inferior turbinatesYu Lin Chen
Department of Otolaryngology, Women and Children Branch, Taipei City Hospital, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:921-7. 2007..The aim of this study was to compare the effectiveness and safety of microdebrider-assisted inferior turbinoplasty (MAIT) with submucosal resection (SR) for children with hypertrophic inferior turbinates...
- Objective and subjective evaluation of endoscopic nasal surgery outcomesRoland Giger
Laboratory of Experimental Rhinology, Department of Otorhinolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Rhinol 17:327-33. 2003..An active anterior rhinomanometry was performed. RESULTS: A good correlation was observed between subjective and objective NAR (p < 0.001)...
- Alterations in rhinosinusal homeostasis in a sportive population: our experience with 106 athletesDesiderio Passali
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Sienna Medical School, V le Bracci, 53100, Sienna, Italy
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 261:502-6. 2004..Every athlete underwent an accurate anamnesis, a complete objective ORL evaluation, an active anterior rhinomanometry, an acoustic rhinometry and an evaluation of mucociliary transport time (MCTt)...
- Functional tension nose as a cause of nasal airway obstructionIlias V Kantas
ENT Department of G Genimmatas General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Auris Nasus Larynx 34:313-7. 2007..The purpose of this prospective study was to evaluate the influence of functional tension nose in nasal obstruction and to discuss its frequency and management...
- Pressures generated during nose blowing in patients with nasal complaints and normal test subjectsPeter Clement
Department of ENT, H and N Surg, Free University Hospital Brussels (AZ-VUB, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Rhinology 41:152-8. 2003..These very high pressures could have an important role in the pathophysiology of chronic sinusitis...
- Argon plasma surgery for treatment of inferior turbinate hypertrophy: a long-term follow-up in 157 patientsE Ferri
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Hospital of Dolo, Venice, Italy
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 65:206-10. 2003..The follow-up period was 24 months. Rhinomanometry was performed to objectively measure the nasal obstruction and to verify the postoperative improvement...
- [Objectivation of nasal swelling--a comparison of four methods]S Grutzenmacher
Universitäts HNO Klinik Greifswald
Laryngorhinootologie 82:645-9. 2003..Especially the nasal provocation test is important in this relationship. The measurement of the obstruction, caused by swelling of the nasal erectile tissue, allows a quantification of the allergic reaction...
- Rapid maxillary expansion effects on nocturnal enuresis in children: a follow-up studyUlrike Schütz-Fransson
Specialisttandvården Ortodonti, Folktandvården, Strandvägen 17 Stenungsund, Bohuslän, Sweden
Angle Orthod 78:201-8. 2008..To assess the effects of 10-14 days of rapid maxillary expansion (RME) on nocturnal enuresis (NE) in children who have long-standing resistance to medical therapy and to evaluate the long-term success rate after 10 years...
- Evidence-based recommendations regarding the differential diagnosis and assessment of nasal congestion: using the new GRADE systemE Van Spronsen
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Allergy 63:820-33. 2008....
- Sublingual immunotherapy-induced IL-10 production is associated with changed response to the decongestion test: preliminary resultsGiorgio Ciprandi
A O U San Martino, Genoa, Italy
Allergy Asthma Proc 28:574-7. 2007..In vitro IL-10 production was evaluated after SLIT. Rhinomanometry and decongestion testing were performed in all subjects before and after 3 years...
- Nasal obstruction and sleep-disordered breathing: the effect of supine body position on nasal measurements in snorersPaula Virkkula
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Otolaryngol 123:648-54. 2003..We also investigated whether snoring patients in our clinical sample showed increased positional or decongestive nasal mucosal changes...
- [Revision of the European Position Paper on Rhinosinusitis and Nasal Polyposis (EP3OS) with particular attention to acute and recurrent rhinosinusitis]D Passali
Clinica ORL, , Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 27:1-21. 2007
- [Long-term results after argon plasma coagulation (APC) inferior turbinates reduction]Tatiana Gierek
Katedra i Klinika Laryngologii S1 AM w Katowiach
Otolaryngol Pol 61:63-8. 2007..APC was shown to effectively reduce the symptom of nasal obstruction without any complications. Argon Plasma Coagulation should be an alternative method in treating the patients with hyperplastic inferior turbinate...
- Nasal obstruction in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis: relationships between allergic inflammation and nasal airflowGiorgio Ciprandi
Ospedale San Martino, Genoa, Italy
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 134:34-40. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the possible relationships between allergic inflammation, including inflammatory cells and cytokine pattern, and nasal airflow in patients with nasal obstruction due to seasonal allergic rhinitis...
- Evaluation of the repeatability of rhinomanometry and its use in assessing transnasal resistance and pressure in dogsThomas S Wiestner
Equine Hospital, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, Zurich CH 8057, Switzerland
Am J Vet Res 68:178-84. 2007..To evaluate a modified posterior rhinomanometric method for clinical application in dogs...
- Does the use of the combined oral contraceptive pill cause changes in the nasal physiology in young women?Charlotte R Wolstenholme
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester, United Kingdom
Am J Rhinol 20:238-40. 2006..Changes in nasal physiology have been observed during pregnancy and the menstrual cycle. The role of female hormones in these changes is unclear. The aim is to investigate the effect of the modern combined oral contraceptive pill (COCP)...
- Short-term effect of argon plasma coagulation of the inferior turbinate in patients with perennial nasal allergyHisashi Tokano
Department of Otolaryngology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 32:145-50. 2005..NAR was measured using active anterior rhinomanometry (AAR) at the 100 Pa point; this was deemed to be an objective measurement of nasal obstruction...
- Peak nasal inspiratory flow; normal range in adult populationGiancarlo Ottaviano
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Rhinology 44:32-5. 2006..The study provides normative data for a Caucasian population. Further variables need to be explored to predict expected PNIF values more accurately...
- Bipolar radiofrequency volumetric tissue reduction of inferior turbinate: does the number of treatment sessions influence the final outcome?Ahmed Atef
The Ear, Nose, and Throat Department, Cairo University Hospitals, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Am J Rhinol 20:25-31. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine if the number of treatment sessions has an influence on the final intermediate term results of submucosal bipolar radiofrequency volumetric tissue reduction of the inferior turbinate...
- Biofeedback training of nasal muscles using internal and external surface electromyography of the noseMichael Vaiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Am J Otolaryngol 26:302-7. 2005..In the present study, we present the way of biofeedback training of these muscles introducing the intranasal placement of sEMG electrodes and a home exercise program...
- Snoring is not relieved by nasal surgery despite improvement in nasal resistancePaula Virkkula
ENT Hospital, Department of Plastic Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Haartmaninkatu 4 E, PO Box 220, FIN 00029 HUS, Helsinki, Finland
Chest 129:81-7. 2006..In the present study, we evaluated the effect of nasal surgery on snoring time, snoring intensity, and sleep-disordered breathing. The role of abnormal cephalometry in treatment outcome was assessed...
- How good are patients at determining which side of the nose is more obstructed? A study on the limits of discrimination of the subjective assessment of unilateral nasal obstructionJonathan D Clarke
Common Cold Center, Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Am J Rhinol 20:20-4. 2006..The aim of this study was to measure the minimum difference in unilateral airflow that can be reliably detected by a patient...
- Web-based analysis of nasal sound spectraErdal Seren
Specialist of Otorhinolaryngology, Giresun Devlet Hastanesi, Giresun, Turkey
Telemed J E Health 11:578-82. 2005..Web-based nasal sound analysis is an important method to follow the postoperative course and the nasal airflow evaluation. The new method will save time and money, avoiding a return visit to the hospital unnecessarily...
- Paradoxical sensation of nasal airflow in patients with common cold. Are we measuring the correct modality?Jonathan D Clarke
Common Cold Centre, Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Acta Otolaryngol 125:1307-11. 2005..Improved methods for measuring nasal sensations are required to further investigate the relationship between objective and subjective measures of nasal obstruction...
- Efficacy and safety of single and multiple doses of pseudoephedrine in the treatment of nasal congestion associated with common coldRonald Eccles
Common Cold Centre, Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
Am J Rhinol 19:25-31. 2005..congestion associated with common cold were recruited and total NAR was measured by the technique of posterior rhinomanometry. NAR and subjective scores of nasal congestion were measured at baseline and after dosing with study ..
- Objective monitoring of nasal patency and nasal physiology in rhinitisRobert A Nathan
Asthma and Allergy Associates, 2709 North Tejon, Colorado Springs, CO 80907, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 115:S442-59. 2005..of nasal airflow, as evaluated by nasal peak flow, or as airways resistance/conductance as evaluated by rhinomanometry. Peak flow can be measured during inspiration or expiration...
- Nasal physiological changes during pregnancyC M Philpott
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Leicester Royal Infirmary, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester, UK
Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci 29:343-51. 2004..nasal airway included anterior rhinoscopy (AnR), peak inspiratory nasal flow, acoustic rhinometry, anterior rhinomanometry (ARM), and the saccharin test with rhinitis questionnaire scores providing a symptomatic measurement...
- Surgery of the nasal septumGunter Mlynski
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, The Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-University, Greifswald, Germany
Facial Plast Surg 22:223-9. 2006..It should not be enlarged as much as possible; rather, it must be shaped in such a way as to allow freely congestion and decongestion reciprocal on the two sides during the nasal cycle...
- Modified mattress suture technique to correct anterior septal deviationLuis T Calderón-Cuéllar
Departamento de Otorrinolaringologia, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Hospital General de Zona y Medicina Familiar No 1, and the Centro Universitario de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad de Colima, Colima, Mexico
Plast Reconstr Surg 114:1436-41. 2004..Subjective (oral respiration, epistaxis, rhinorrhea, and nasal obstruction) and objective (anterior rhinomanometry) parameters were analyzed and compared between groups...
- [Choice of the methods for inferior turbinectomy]Jianxin Yue
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022
Lin Chuang Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi 16:58-9. 2002..CONCLUSION: There is a definite indication for each kind of inferior turbinectomy, but the indication of " functional" inferior turbinectomy is wide...
- Influence of sinus surgery in rhinometric measurementsJura Numminen
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Tampere University Hospital and Tampere University, Tampere, Finland
J Otolaryngol 33:98-103. 2004..this prospective study were to clarify how well acoustic rhinometry (AR), computed tomography volumetry (CTV), rhinomanometry (RMM), and the visual analogue scale (VAS) identify changes in intranasal pathology after endoscopic sinus ..
- Nasal congestion: mechanisms, measurement and medications. Core information for the clinicianS S Davis
Common Cold Centre, Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci 29:659-66. 2004....
- Is there objective evidence that septal surgery improves nasal airflow?A Singh
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Whipps Cross Hospital, London, UK
J Laryngol Otol 120:916-20. 2006..To identify any prospective, controlled trials providing objective evidence of a reduction in nasal airway resistance following nasal septal surgery, and to undertake a meta-analysis of available data...
- Changes in nasal resistance and quality of life after endoscopic microdebrider-assisted inferior turbinoplasty in patients with perennial allergic rhinitisTsung-Wei Huang
Department of Otolaryngology, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:990-3. 2006..MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Both objective outcome evaluated by total nasal resistance at anterior rhinomanometry and subjective outcome assessed with the Rhinoconjunctivitis Quality of Life Questionnaire were analyzed ..
- [Nasal obstruction and its measurement]A Olivé Pérez
CAP Besos, Barcelona
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 32:361-7. 2004..The underlying principles, based on the trajectory of nasal air flow, techniques, and their advantages and disadvantages are presented. In conclusion, any of these methods can be used to evaluate nasal obstruction...
- Contemporary rhinomanometryPhilip Cole
University Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario
J Otolaryngol 35:83-7. 2006..At a single sitting, a series of measurements with modern rhinomanometry can determine (1) the response to topical decongestant of the mucovascular contribution to nasal airflow ..
- Long-term efficacy of microdebrider-assisted inferior turbinoplasty with lateralization for hypertrophic inferior turbinates in patients with perennial allergic rhinitisYu Lin Chen
Department of Otolaryngology, Taipei City Hospital, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Laryngoscope 118:1270-4. 2008..The aim of the study was to evaluate the long-term efficacy of microdebrider-assisted inferior turbinoplasty with lateralization (MAITL) compared to submucosal resection for hypertrophic inferior turbinates...
- Investigating the nasal cycle using endoscopy, rhinoresistometry, and acoustic rhinometryChristian Lang
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Walther Rathenau Strasse 43 45, D 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Laryngoscope 113:284-9. 2003..The turbulent behavior of nasal airflow is a prerequisite for adequate contact of inspired air particles with the mucosa. The aim of this study was to gain insight into this turbulent behavior of nasal airflow during the nasal cycle...
- Effects of topical corticosteroid and combined mediator blockade on domiciliary and laboratory measurements of nasal function in seasonal allergic rhinitisA M Wilson
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 87:344-9. 2001..measures (daily symptoms, peak inspiratory nasal flow, and nasal oral index) and laboratory measures (rhinomanometry, acoustic rhinometry) in assessing treatment response with topical steroids and specific inflammatory mediator ..
- Accuracy of nasal cannula pressure recordings for assessment of ventilation during sleepR Thurnheer
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Bruderholz, Switzerland
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:1914-9. 2001..Square-root transformation provides near linear nasal pressure/airflow relationships over a short time but is not essential for estimation of AHI...
- Nasal airflow and resistance measured by active anterior rhinomanometry in healthy children and adolescentsA Zapletal
Second Department of Pediatrics, Charles University Hospital Motol, Prague, Czech Republic
Pediatr Pulmonol 33:174-80. 2002b>Rhinomanometry allows objective assessment of nasal patency in pediatric patients with nasal and other respiratory problems. However, no reliable reference values are available in the pediatric age group...
- Nasal congestion and airway obstruction: the validity of available objective and subjective measuresMichael J Schumacher
Steele Memorial Children s Research Center, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Department of Pediatrics, PO Box 245073, Tucson 85724 5073, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 2:245-51. 2002b>Rhinomanometry and acoustic rhinometry provide the best methods for objective assessment of nasal obstruction...
- Objective measurement of nasal airway dimensions using acoustic rhinometry: methodological and clinical aspectsOle Hilberg
Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Allergy 57:5-39. 2002..over the nasal cavity at a passive dow has been described in 1903 by Courtade and is one of first descriptions rhinomanometry. The technique is still in use and computer technology has made the measurements much easier but the method ..
- Effects of posture change on nasal patencyRenato Roithmann
Universidade Luterana do Brasil
Rev Bras Otorrinolaringol (Engl Ed) 71:478-84. 2005..However, the impact on the perception of nasal obstruction induced by lying down seems to be higher in subjects with symptoms of rhinitis...
- Nasal airway volume and resistance to airflowGehua Zhang
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The Third Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, GD, China
Am J Rhinol 22:371-5. 2008In modern rhinological practice and research, rhinomanometry and acoustic rhinometry are widely used...
- Relationship between rhinitis duration and worsening of nasal functionGiorgio Ciprandi
Department of Internal Medicine, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria San Martino, Genoa, Italy
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 138:725-9. 2008..While it is well known that asthma is characterized by airway remodeling, few studies instead have investigated this issue in patients with allergic rhinitis (AR)...
- [Study of nasal permeability in patients with operated unilateral clefts]M Rivera
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 106:192-4. 2005
- Effect of postural change on nasal airway and autonomic nervous system established by rhinomanometry and heart rate variability analysisJen Hung Ko
Department of Otolaryngology, Taipei City Hospital, and Institute of Brain Science, Faculty of Medicine, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Rhinol 22:159-65. 2008..In this study, the relationships between nasal ANS and central ANS were explored using rhinomanometry (RMM) and heart rate variability (HRV) analysis between postural changes.
- Effects of mandibular position and body posture on nasal patency in normal awake subjectsShigetoshi Hiyama
Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Angle Orthod 72:547-53. 2002....
- Canine model of nasal congestion and allergic rhinitisRuslan L Tiniakov
University of Illinois at Chicago, and Veterans Affairs Chicago Health Care System, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Appl Physiol 94:1821-8. 2003..of nasal airways (V(NA)) was assessed by acoustic rhinometry and resistance to airflow (R(NA)) by anterior rhinomanometry. Histamine delivered to the nasal passages of five dogs caused a rapid and prolonged increase in R(NA) (0...
- Influence of nasal resistance on oral appliance treatment outcome in obstructive sleep apneaBiao Zeng
Centre for Sleep Health and Research, Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal North Shore Hospital, University of Sydney, Australia
Sleep 31:543-7. 2008..NAR was measured using posterior rhinomanometry in both sitting and supine positions, with and without MAS...
- Triamcinolone acetonide. A review of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic efficacy in the management of allergic rhinitisW Jeal
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 53:257-80. 1997..of allergic rhinitis, when measured both subjectively (visual analogue scales) and objectively (anterior rhinomanometry), to those seen with beclomethasone 84 to 168 micrograms twice daily, fluticasone 200 micrograms once daily or ..
- Long-term effects of rapid maxillary expansion on nasal area and nasal airway resistanceMirian Aiko Nakane Matsumoto
Department of Children s Clinical Preventive Dentistry, School of Dentistry of Ribeirao Preto, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Am J Rhinol Allergy 24:161-5. 2010..This study was performed to evaluate the effect of RME on the nasal cavity by acoustic rhinometry and computed rhinomanometry and to determine nasal and maxillary width by posteroanterior cephalometric radiography, up to 30 months after ..
- [Malocclusion and upper airway obstruction]Kristina Lopatiene
Kauno medicinos universiteto Ortodontijos klinika, Luksos Daumanto 6, Kaunas
Medicina (Kaunas) 38:277-83. 2002..All patients were examined by otorhinolaryngologist, and the nasal obstruction was confirmed by posterior rhinomanometry test. This study showed the significant association between nasal resistance and increased overjet (p = 0...
- Nasal decongestants in the treatment of chronic nasal obstruction: efficacy and safety of useDesiderio Passali
Chief Professor, ENT Clinic University of Siena Medical School, Policlinico Le Scotte Viale Bracci, 53100 Siena, Italy
Expert Opin Drug Saf 5:783-90. 2006..Active anterior rhinomanometry, acoustic rhinometry and the determination of mucociliary transport time represent, together with nasal ..
- Evaluation of the dose-response relationship for intra-nasal oxymetazoline hydrochloride in normal adultsD Taverner
Department of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 5005 Australia
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 55:509-13. 1999..doses of oxymetazoline compared with placebo in normal subjects, and to determine the sensitivities of rhinomanometry, acoustic rhinometry and symptoms in discriminating between differing doses of oxymetazoline in normal subjects...
- Impact of unilateral sinus surgery with resection of the turbinates by means of midfacial degloving on nasal air conditioningJörg Lindemann
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Ulm, Germany
Laryngoscope 112:2062-6. 2002....
- Changes in urinary LTE4 and nasal functions following nasal provocation test with ASA in ASA-tolerant and -intolerant asthmaticsClaudio Micheletto
Lung Department, Orlandi Hospital, Via Ospedale 2, 37012 Bussolengo, VR, Italy
Respir Med 100:2144-50. 2006..changes in urinary LTE4 excretion and in nasal function (Resistance-Req, and Volume-Vol, assessed by acoustic rhinomanometry (AR)) following a nasal provocation test (NPT) with ASA:LTE4 measurements have been never previously used to ..
- [Occupational rhinitis]László Endre
Központi MAV Rendelointézet Budapest
Orv Hetil 151:941-5. 2010..Objective methods that can be used for assessing nasal patency during the investigation of OR include rhinomanometry, acoustic rhinometry, peak nasal inspiratory flow, and gravimetry of the nasal secret...
- [Surgical treatment of inferior turbinate hypertrophy with argon plasma: a long-term follow-up in 157 patients]E Ferri
Servicio de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital de Dolo, Venecia, Italia
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 55:277-81. 2004..The follow-up period was 24 months. Rhinomanometry was performed to objectively measure the nasal obstruction and to verify the postoperative improvement...
- Functional and aesthetic correction of secondary unilateral cleft lip nasal deformitiesMimis Cohen
Craniofacial Centre and the Division of Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Indian J Plast Surg 42:S91-S101. 2009..of the most recent 51 consecutive patients who underwent complete clinical and functional evaluation with rhinomanometry followed by correction of the cleft lip nasal deformity was performed...
- [Antileukotrienes in the prevention of postoperative recurrence of nasal polyposis in ASA syndrome]L Di Rienzo
A C O San Filippo Neri, Unità Operativa di Otorinolaringoiatria, Roma
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 20:336-42. 2000..After taking a case history, filling out a questionnaire scoring nasal symptoms, undergoing rhinoendoscopy and rhinomanometry, 40 patients suffering from ASA-Syndrome and NP (age range 30-72 years) were recruited for the study...
- Nasal resistance in snorers with or without sleep apnea: effect of posture and nasal ventilation with continuous positive airway pressureP Desfonds
Service d'Exploration Fonctionnelle Multidisciplinaire, , , Boulogne, France
Sleep 21:625-32. 1998..Posterior rhinomanometry was performed in 70 snorers referred for polysomnography and in 11 nonsnoring volunteers, (1) in the seated ..
- Laser treatment of hyperplastic inferior nasal turbinates: a reviewP Janda
Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Ludwig Maximilian University, 81377 Munich, Germany
Lasers Surg Med 28:404-13. 2001..To summarize these findings and to determine the value of laser treatment of hyperplastic inferior nasal turbinates, a comparative review of the literature was performed...
- Effect of nasal valve surgery by open-septorhinoplasty and lateral cartilage grafts (spreader grafts) on snoring among a population of single snorers. Preliminary reportB Bertrand
ORL and HNS Department, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 56:149-55. 2002..Active anterior rhinomanometry (AAR), posterior active rhinomanometry (PAR) and a self-assessment of the nasal patency by the patient himself ..
- Sensation of nasal patency compared to rhinomanometric results after septoplastyTamás Tompos
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery Department, Petz Aladár County Teaching Hospital, Vasvári P utca 2 4, Gyor, 9023, Hungary
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 267:1887-91. 2010..Objective and subjective measures of nasal obstruction were recorded by using active anterior rhinomanometry, rhinoscopy and a visual analogue scale...
- Applicability of extracellular electrical impedance tomography in monitoring respiratory tract inflammationV Di Rienzo
Allergy Unit, Azienda Sanitaria Locale, Frosinone, Italy
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 17:34-8. 2007..Exhaled nitric oxide (NO) is currently the most reliable marker of rhinobronchial inflammation, but its routine assessment is difficult as the test is available only in highly specialized centers...
- [The treatment of allergic vasomotor rhinitis: diagnostic problems and local immunotherapy]G Motta
Istituto di Patologia e Clinica Otorinolaringoiatrica,
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 15:1-24. 1995..have been observed and underwent to different ways of treatment: 18 with permanent stenosis identified by rhinomanometry and not modified with vasoconstrictors were operated; 25 of the 50 patients with normal nasal cavities showed ..
- Dynamic nasal infrared thermography in patients with nasal septal perforationsJoerg Lindemann
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Am J Rhinol Allergy 23:471-4. 2009Nasal obstruction is a typical symptom in patients with nasal septal perforations. Rhinomanometry and acoustic rhinometry are not reliable in these cases because the perforations generate incorrect results...
- Nasal-air conditioning in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis and nasal polyposisJudit Papp
Department of PediatricOncology, University Children sHospital, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:931-5. 2008....
- Influence of the turbinate volumes as measured by magnetic resonance imaging on nasal air conditioningJoerg Lindemann
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Am J Rhinol Allergy 23:250-4. 2009..This study evaluates the correlation between nasal air conditioning and the volumes of the inferior and middle turbinates as measured by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Comparative study on the effectiveness of Coblation-assisted turbinoplasty in allergic rhinitisL Di Rienzo Businco
Department of Otorhinolaringology, S Eugenio Hospital Rome, Rome, Italy
Rhinology 48:174-8. 2010..To evaluate the efficacy of adding Coblation-assisted inferior turbinoplasty to a medical treatment regimen for symptoms associated with hypertrophic inferior turbinates...
- Seasonal and perennial allergic conjunctivitis: the possible role of nasal allergyZdenek Pelikan
Allergy Research Foundation, Breda, The Netherlands
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 37:448-57. 2009....
- Histamine and allergen induced changes in nasal airways resistance measured by anterior rhinomanometry: reproducibility of the technique and the effect of topically administered antihistaminic and anti-allergic drugsO J Corrado
Academic Department of Respiratory Medicine, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London
Br J Clin Pharmacol 24:283-92. 1987..NAR) following the topical application of histamine and allergen solutions were measured by passive anterior rhinomanometry. 2...
- Nasal surgery for snoring in patients with obstructive sleep apneaHsueh Yu Li
Department of Otolaryngology, Sleep Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
Laryngoscope 118:354-9. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy of nasal surgery to relieve snoring and to identify predictive factors...
- Influence of long-term airflow deprivation on the dimensions of the nasal cavity: a study of laryngectomy patients using acoustic rhinometryOzan Bagis Ozgursoy
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ankara, Turkey
Ear Nose Throat J 86:488, 490-2. 2007..Second, we used acoustic rhinometry, while most other studies relied on anterior rhinoscopy or rhinomanometry, which are inferior methods ofmaking the evaluations in question...
- Impact of resection of the turbinates and the lateral nasal wall on particle depositionAjnacska Rozsasi
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Laryngoscope 114:646-51. 2004....
- Control of vascular permeability and vascular smooth muscle in the respiratory tract by multiple neuropeptidesA Saria
Department of Pharmacology, University of Graz, Austria
Acta Otolaryngol Suppl 457:25-8. 1989..administered substance P (but not calcitonin gene-related peptide) lead to nasal obstruction as measured by rhinomanometry, and to secretion...
- Acoustic rhinometry and rhinomanometry in the preoperative screening of septal surgery patientsTapio Pirilä
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Am J Rhinol Allergy 23:605-9. 2009The preoperative assessment of septal surgery patients with acoustic rhinometry (AR) or rhinomanometry (RMM) is still a controversial subject. This study was designed to apply AR and RMM in preoperative screening of septal surgery patients...
- Relationships between allergic inflammation and nasal airflow in children with seasonal allergic rhinitisGiorgio Ciprandi
Ospedale San Martino, Genoa, Italy
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 94:258-61. 2005..Allergic rhinitis is characterized by a T(H)2-dependent inflammation. Nasal obstruction is a typical symptom of allergic rhinitis...
- Diode laser treatment in therapy-resistant allergic rhinitis: impact on nasal obstruction and associated symptomsPhilipp P Caffier
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Lasers Med Sci 26:57-67. 2011..performed preoperatively and at follow-ups 1, 12, and 24 months after surgery, including objective parameters (rhinomanometry, videoendoscopy, allergy tests) and subjective visual analog scales (evaluation of surgery, satisfaction, ..
- [Effects of one cycle of inhalation crenotherapy with radioactive fluoridated oligomineral]T Marullo
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 20:1-13. 2000..N.T. examination. Computerized Active Anterior Rhinomanometry. Detection of the ciliary mucous transport (CMT) time. Nasal cytology...
- Histamine receptors in the human noseD Shelton
Chest Clinic, Lewisham Hospital, London, UK
Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci 19:45-9. 1994..Nasal airway resistance (Rna) was measured by passive anterior rhinomanometry. Histamine, betahistine and impromidine all induced rises in Rna in both normal individuals and those with ..
- [Combined nasal approach: maxilla-premaxilla approach and external approach]N Mir Ulldemolins
Servicio de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital Esperit Sant, Santa Coloma de Gramenet, Barcelona
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 55:475-81. 2004..We describe our technique with a combined external approach and maxilla-premaxilla approach in one surgical process. We present our functional and aesthetic results...
- Efficacy of intranasally applied dimethindene maleate solution as spray in adult volunteers with symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis in the Vienna challenge chamberH J Kyrein
Zyma GmbH, Clinical Development, Munich Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 46:794-9. 1996..Compared to placebo, the objective variables nasal flow (150 Pa., measured by active anterior rhinomanometry) and nasal secretion (g), showed similar onset of antiobstructive and antisecretory effects in the nose after ..
- Effect of submucosal diathermy to the inferior turbinates on unilateral and total nasal airflow in patients with rhinitisS M Quine
Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, UK
Acta Otolaryngol 119:911-5. 1999..Twenty-seven patients with chronic rhinitis were investigated by hourly posterior rhinomanometry to assess changes in total and minimum (Fmin) and maximum (Fmax) unilateral nasal airflow over 5 h, before and ..
- Diagnostic value of nasal allergen challenge combined with radiography and ultrasonography in chronic maxillary sinus diseaseZdenek Pelikan
Allergy Research Foundation, Effenseweg 42, Breda, The Netherlands
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:1246-55. 2009..To investigate the possible role of nasal allergy in chronic disease of the maxillary sinuses (CDMS) by means of nasal provocation test (NPT) with allergen combined with radiography and ultrasonography...
- [Comparison of anterior rhinomanometry and impulse oscillometry in nasal provocation with histamine]W Randerath
, Allergologie und Schlafmedizin, Klinik Ambrock, Hagen
Pneumologie 52:97-103. 1998Anterior rhinomanometry (aR) is the standard method for measurement of nasal resistance, but it has some drawbacks because it requires full co-operation of the patient and the results are disturbed by forced ventilation due to stenosis...
- [Rhinitis and asthma related to cotton dust exposure in apprentices in the clothing industry]N Chaari
Service de médecine du travail et de pathologies professionnelles, Hopital Universitaire de Monastir, Tunisie
Rev Mal Respir 26:29-36. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of rhinitis and asthma among apprentices exposed to cotton dust in the clothing industry and to describe their epidemiologic and clinical profiles...
- Nasal lavage with sodium hypochlorite solution in Staphylococcus aureus persistent rhinosinusitisT Raza
Rhinology Olfactology Unit, Clinic of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Rhinology 46:15-22. 2008....
- Correlation of nasal inflammation and nasal airflow with forced expiratory volume in 1 second in patients with perennial allergic rhinitis and asthmaGiorgio Ciprandi
Head Neck Department, Ospedale San Martino, Genoa, Italy
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 93:575-80. 2004..Allergic rhinitis and asthma are frequently associated and are characterized by TH2-dependent inflammation. Nasal and bronchial obstruction largely depend on allergic inflammation...
- THE CLOUD ADULTRobert Sherertz; Fiscal Year: 2003..The relationship between nasal mucosal swelling and rhinovirus infection will be evaluated using CAT scans, rhinomanometry, and acoustic rhinometry...
- CHEMOSENSORY PERCEPTION AND PSYCHOPHYSICS IN THE AGEDClaire Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2000..Nasal airway resistance will be measured by anterior rhinomanometry. Nasal disease will be assessed by ear, nose and throat examinations, including endoscopy and nasal cytology...
- Nasal airflow and odorant transport: a prerequisite for normal olfactionKai Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2007..functional impact of various nasal obstruction and the subsequent surgical outcomes using acoustic rhinometry, rhinomanometry or CT scans is inadequate...
- Proteomics of Cerebrospinal Fluid in Chronic Fatigue SyndromeJames Baraniuk; Fiscal Year: 2007..These methods and biomarkers may be of diagnostic value. They will be useful for assessing longitudinal changes in disease severity, phenotype, or the effects of treatment. ..
- IMMUNOPATHOGENESIS OF ALLERGIC ASPERGILLOSISRAYMOND SLAVIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- INDIVIDUAL FACTORS IN NASAL IRRITANT SENSITIVITYDennis Shusterman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MECHANISMS OF RHINITIS IN CFSJames Baraniuk; Fiscal Year: 1999..e. nasal provocation) as the means to evaluate future treatments of CFS. ..
- IMMUNOPATHOGENESIS OF ALLERGIC ASPERGILLOSISRAYMOND SLAVIN; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Proteomics of Cerebrospinal Fluid in Chronic Fatigue SyndromeJames Baraniuk; Fiscal Year: 2009..These methods and biomarkers may be of diagnostic value. They will be useful for assessing longitudinal changes in disease severity, phenotype, or the effects of treatment. ..