Genomes and Genes
Summary: The washing of a body cavity or surface by flowing solution which is inserted and then removed. Any drug in the irrigation solution may be absorbed.
Publications330 found, 100 shown here
- A comparative study of three methods of nasal irrigationPeter John Wormald
Department of Surgery Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Adelaide, Woodville South 5011, South Australia, Australia
Laryngoscope 114:2224-7. 2004To assess the effectiveness of three methods of nasal irrigation on distributing saline to the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses.
- A scanning electron microscopic study of dentinal erosion by final irrigation with EDTA and NaOCl solutionsW Niu
Pulp Biology and Endodontics, Department of Restorative Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Int Endod J 35:934-9. 2002The purpose of this in vitro study was to examine dentinal erosion caused by final irrigation with EDTA and NaOCl.
- Effects of endoscopic sinus surgery and delivery device on cadaver sinus irrigationRichard J Harvey
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 139:137-42. 2008..Assess paranasal sinus distribution of topical solutions following endoscopic sinus surgery (ESS) using various delivery devices...
- A resting box for outdoor sampling of adult Anopheles arabiensis in rice irrigation schemes of lower Moshi, northern TanzaniaEliningaya J Kweka
Tropical Pesticides Research Institute, Division of Livestock and Human Diseases Vector Control, Arusha, Tanzania
Malar J 8:82. 2009..In this study, human landing catch, two cow odour baited resting boxes and an unbaited resting box were evaluated as vector sampling tools in an area with a high proportion of Anopheles arabiensis, as the major malaria vector...
- Does nasal irrigation enter paranasal sinuses in chronic rhinosinusitis?Kornkiat Snidvongs
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Am J Rhinol 22:483-6. 2008Nasal irrigation is widely used in treating sinonasal diseases...
- Pre- and postoperative sinus penetration of nasal irrigationAlethea Grobler
Department of Surgery Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Adelaide and Flinders University, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville, South Australia, Australia
Laryngoscope 118:2078-81. 2008..The aim of this study is to determine a critical ostial size at which douching solution reliably enters the sinus cavities...
- Severe hypernatremia after hypertonic saline irrigation of hydatid cystsAline Albi
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Unit, Groupe Hospitalier Cochin, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Anesth Analg 95:1806-8, table of contents. 2002..patient who survived an extreme iatrogenic acute hypernatremia (200 mmol/L) resulting from a hypertonic saline irrigation of multiple intraabdominal hydatid cysts...
- An in vitro comparison of new irrigation and agitation techniques to ultrasonic agitation in removing bacteria from a simulated root canalCameron Townsend
Department of Graduate Endodontics, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA
J Endod 35:1040-3. 2009This in vitro study compared 3 agitation and 2 irrigation devices to ultrasonic agitation at mechanically removing bacteria from a plastic simulated canal, instrumented to 35/.06.
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgery with epinephrine saline irrigationK H Jensen
Departments of Orthopedics, , , Denmark
Arthroscopy 17:578-81. 2001PURPOSE: To determine whether dilute epinephrine saline irrigation (0...
- Comparison of posterior capsule opacification in rabbits receiving either mitomycin-C or distilled water for sealed-capsule irrigation during cataract surgerySu Young Kim
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 35:755-8. 2007..posterior capsule opacification (PCO) in rabbits who undergo cataract surgery and receive either mitomycin-C (MMC) or distilled water (DW) during sealed-capsule irrigation (SCI). In addition, we examined the toxicity of DW and MMC.
- Ductal lavage for detection of cellular atypia in women at high risk for breast cancerW C Dooley
Institute for Breast Health, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, 73104, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:1624-32. 2001..In this study, ductal lavage, a new procedure for collecting ductal cells with a microcatheter, was compared with nipple aspiration with regard to safety, tolerability, and the ability to detect abnormal breast epithelial cells...
- Relationship between drainage catheter location and postoperative recurrence of chronic subdural hematoma after burr-hole irrigation and closed-system drainageH Nakaguchi
Department of Neurosurgery, Tokyo Kosei Nenkin Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurosurg 93:791-5. 2000This study was conducted to determine the best position for the subdural drainage catheter to achieve a low recurrence rate after burr-hole irrigation and closed-system drainage of chronic subdural hematoma (CSDH).
- The efficacy of ultrasonic irrigation to remove artificially placed dentine debris from different-sized simulated plastic root canalsS J Lee
Department of Conservative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Chonbuk National University, Chonju, South Korea
Int Endod J 37:607-12. 2004To investigate the influence of diameter and taper of root canals on the effectiveness of ultrasonic irrigation to remove artificially placed dentine debris from simulated uninstrumented extensions in simulated root canals.
- Effect of repeated irrigation and debridement on fracture healing in an animal modelSang Hyun Park
The J Vernon Luck Sr M D Orthopaedic Research Center at Orthopaedic Hospital UCLA, 2400 S Flower Street, Los Angeles, CA 90007, USA
J Orthop Res 20:1197-204. 2002The initial management of open fractures often requires repeated irrigation and debridement of the open wound and stabilization of the fracture...
- Amphotericin B irrigation for the treatment of chronic rhinosinusitis without nasal polyps: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind studyKai Li Liang
Department of Otolaryngology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Am J Rhinol 22:52-8. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of intranasal amphotericin B (AMB) in patients who have CRS without nasal polyps (CRSsNP)...
- Irrigation of the wounds in open fracturesD J Crowley
Academic Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Leeds General Infirmary, Clarendon Wing, Great George Street, Leeds, LS1 3EX, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 89:580-5. 2007..Wound debridement and irrigation is thought to be the mainstay in reducing the incidence of infection...
- Efficacy of NaOCl/H2O2 irrigation and GaAlAs laser in decontamination of root canals in vitroM Kreisler
Department of Oral Surgery, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Lasers Surg Med 32:189-96. 2003To investigate the bactericidal effect of an 809 nm semiconductor laser alone, and in combination with NaOCl/H(2)O(2) irrigation in root canals in vitro.
- Risk factors for surgical site infection following spine surgery: efficacy of intraoperative saline irrigationMasahiko Watanabe
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Surgical Science, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 12:540-6. 2010The purpose of this study was to identify risk factors for surgical site infection after spine surgery, noting the amount of saline used for intraoperative irrigation to minimize wound contamination.
- Vigorous wound irrigation followed by subcuticular skin closure in children with perforated appendicitisPaiboon Sookpotarom
Department of Surgery, Buddhachinaraj Hospital, Naresuan University, Phitsanulok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 93:318-23. 2010Although various protocols for the treatment of children with perforated appendicitis have been established, no one has cited incisional wound irrigation in detail.
- Impact on active scope deflection and irrigation flow of all endoscopic working tools during flexible ureteroscopyFederico Pasqui
Department of Urology, Hopital Tenon, 4, rue de la Chine, 75020, Paris, France
Eur Urol 45:58-64. 2004..Insertion of them limits also the irrigation flow and so that the visibility. These deteriorations vary largely following the tool inserted...
- Influence of irrigation regimens on the adherence of Enterococcus faecalis to root canal dentinAnil Kishen
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Endod 34:850-4. 2008..There were significant increases in adherence and adhesion force after irrigation of dentin with ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA), whereas sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl) reduced it...
- The effect of irrigation fluid temperature on core body temperature in arthroscopic shoulder surgeryTimothy N Board
Department of Orthopaedics, Wrightington Hospital and the University of Manchester, Wigan, UK
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 128:531-3. 2008The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between irrigation fluid temperature and core body temperature in patients undergoing arthroscopic shoulder surgery.
- Randomized trial of drainage, irrigation and fibrinolytic therapy for premature infants with posthemorrhagic ventricular dilatation: developmental outcome at 2 yearsAndrew Whitelaw
Neonatal Medicine, University of Bristol Medical School, Southmead Hospital, Bristol BS10 5NB, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 125:e852-8. 2010..We investigated whether drainage, irrigation, and fibrinolytic therapy (DRIFT), which aims to lower pressure, distortion, free iron, and cytokines, reduces ..
- Effect of irrigation solutions on dentin bonding agents and restorative shear bond strengthEric C Sung
Division of Advanced Prosthodontics, Biomaterials, and Hospital Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, 90095 1668, USA
J Prosthet Dent 87:628-32. 2002The presence of irrigation solution prior to the application of dentin bonding agents may be one source of contamination and may adversely affect bond strength.
- Prevention of symptomatic vasospasm by continuous cisternal irrigation with mock-CSF containing ascorbic acid and Mg(2+)Akira Satoh
Department of Neurosurgery, Stroke Center, International Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, 1397 1, Yamane, Hidaka City, Saitama, 350 1298, Japan
Acta Neurochir Suppl 107:115-8. 2010..In this report the authors investigated the effect of continuous cisternal irrigation (CCI) with mock CSF containing ascorbic acid (ASA) and Mg, performed after early surgery for ruptured aneurysm.
- Single-stage procedure with intraoperative colonoscopy and colonic irrigation in patients with obstructing left-sided colonic cancerUng Chae Park
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, Kon Kuk University, Chungju, Korea
Int J Colorectal Dis 19:487-92. 2004..has been growing acceptance of the one-stage resection and primary anastomosis with intraoperative antegrade irrigation. This study evaluated the efficacy of a newly developed device for performing a single-stage procedure in ..
- Intracameral mydriatics in phacoemulsification surgery obviate the need for epinephrine irrigationBjörn Lundberg
Department of Clinical Sciences Ophthalmology, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 85:546-50. 2007..To evaluate the possibility of removing epinephrine from the irrigating solution in phacoemulsification surgery when using intracameral mydriatics (ICMs)...
- A randomized, controlled trial of transanal irrigation versus conservative bowel management in spinal cord-injured patientsPeter Christensen
Surgical Research Unit, Department of Surgery P, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Gastroenterology 131:738-47. 2006..Transanal irrigation improves bowel function in selected patients...
- Long-term outcome and safety of transanal colonic irrigation for neurogenic bowel dysfunctionP M Faaborg
Department of Surgery P, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Spinal Cord 47:545-9. 2009..Long-term follow-up study...
- Early wound irrigation improves the ability to remove bacteriaBrett D Owens
United States Army Institute of Surgical Research, 3400 Rawley Chambers Road, Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:1723-6. 2007..most surgeons prefer to treat contaminated wounds as soon as possible, the effect of timing on the ability of irrigation to reduce the amount of bacteria in a wound is not fully known...
- Effect of irrigation of the nose with isotonic salt solution on adult patients with chronic paranasal sinus diseaseG Bachmann
Otorhinolaryngological Clinic, Cologne University, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 257:537-41. 2000..The treatment consisted of endonasal irrigation twice daily and additional nasal spray as required...
- Closed-catheter irrigation is as effective as open drainage for treatment of pyogenic flexor tenosynovitisKarol A Gutowski
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Wisconsin, 600 Highland Avenue, G5 357, Madison, WI 43792 7375, USA
Ann Plast Surg 49:350-4. 2002Surgical treatment of pyogenic flexor tenosynovitis traditionally consists of open drainage (OD) and irrigation of the flexor tendon sheath...
- Effects of propionyl-L-carnitine topical irrigation in distal ulcerative colitis: a preliminary reportG Gasbarrini
Institute of Internal Medicine, Catholic University Policlinico A Gemelli Largo Gemelli, 8 00168 Roma, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 50:1385-9. 2003To study the tolerability of propionyl-L-carnitine administered as rectal irrigation and its efficacy in improving the clinical picture of distal ulcerative colitis.
- A comparative study of the treatment of chronic subdural hematoma--burr hole drainage versus burr hole irrigationYuko Okada
Department of Neurosurgery, Kanazawa Medical University, Kahokugun, Ishikawa, Japan
Surg Neurol 57:405-9; discussion 410. 2002Several surgical procedures have been reported for the treatment of chronic subdural hematoma. Whether irrigation is required is not clear...
- Saline nasal irrigation: Its role as an adjunct treatmentBlake Papsin
Department of Otolaryngology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ont
Can Fam Physician 49:168-73. 2003To review clinical evidence on the efficacy of saline nasal irrigation for treatment of sinonasal conditions and to explore its potential benefits.
- Are there roles for intraductal US and saline solution irrigation in ensuring complete clearance of common bile duct stones?Tiing Leong Ang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Changi General Hospital, Singapore
Gastrointest Endosc 69:1276-81. 2009..CBD saline solution irrigation may flush out residual stones.
- The effects of irrigation fluid volume and irrigation time on fluid electrolyte balance and hemodynamics in percutaneous nephrolithotripsyAhmet Koroglu
Department of Anaesthesiology, Inonu University School of Medicine, Turgut Ozal Medical Center Malatya, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 35:1-6. 2003to determine fluid-electrolyte and hemodynamics changes and complications associated with irrigation fluid volume and time in percutaneous nephrolithotripsy in that 0.9% NaCl was used as irrigant.
- Efficacy of subgingival irrigation using herbal extracts on gingival inflammationAlexander Pistorius
Department of Operative Dentistry, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Periodontol 74:616-22. 2003..The aim of the present study was to investigate the efficacy of an herbal-based mouthrinse in combination with an oral irrigator in reducing gingival inflammation...
- Effect of whole bowel irrigation on the pharmacokinetics of an acetaminophen formulation and progression of radiopaque markers through the gastrointestinal tractBinh T Ly
Division of Medical Toxicology, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California San Diego Medical Center, California Poison Control System, San Diego Division, San Diego, CA 92103 8925, USA
Ann Emerg Med 43:189-95. 2004We describe the effects of whole bowel irrigation on a delayed-release acetaminophen preparation...
- Long-term outcome and safety of transanal irrigation for constipation and fecal incontinencePeter Christensen
Surgical Research Unit, Department of Surgery P, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Dis Colon Rectum 52:286-92. 2009This study evaluated long-term results of transanal irrigation for defecation disturbances.
- Povidone-iodine: use in hand disinfection, skin preparation and antiseptic irrigationPiyush Durani
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Burns Surgery, Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, UK
Int Wound J 5:376-87. 2008..This evidence suggests that the use of povidone-iodine as an agent of choice is dependent on the clinical need but is also likely to be influenced by personal preference...
- Intra- and retroperitoneal irrigation liquid after arthroscopy of the hip jointUlrich Haupt
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Berne, Inselspital, Berne, Switzerland
Arthroscopy 24:966-8. 2008The case of intra- and retroperitoneal irrigation solution after hip arthroscopy of a 15-year-old girl is presented...
- Irrigation rates and handpieces used in prosthodontic and operative dentistry: results of a survey of North American dental school teachingS C Siegel
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Maryland Dental School, 666 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Prosthodont 9:82-6. 2000..A data baseline on dental cutting methodologies was established by means of a survey of North American dental school teaching...
- Nasal irrigation for the alleviation of sinonasal symptomsD G Heatley
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madison, WI 53792 7375, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 125:44-8. 2001To determine the effect of nasal irrigation on sinonasal symptoms.
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and heavy metals (HMs) as well as their genotoxicity in soil after long-term wastewater irrigationY F Song
Key Laboratory of Terrestrial Ecological Processes, Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wenhua Road 72, Shenhe District, Shenyang 110016, China
Chemosphere 65:1859-68. 2006..of their genotoxicity in soils obtained from Shenyang, northeast of China which had been subjected to wastewater irrigation for more than 40 years...
- No debridement is necessary for symptomatic or infected acute necrotizing pancreatitis: delayed, mini-retroperitoneal drainage for acute necrotizing pancreatitis without debridement and irrigationYu Chung Chang
Department of Surgery, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, 138, Sheng Li Road, Tainan, 70428, Taiwan
Dig Dis Sci 51:1388-95. 2006..by introducing a sump drain to the pancreatic head area via a small left flank incision without debridement and irrigation on 19 consecutive complicated ANP patients...
- Irrigation vs. closed drainage in the treatment of chronic subdural hematomaFatih S Erol
Department of Neurosurgery, Firat University School of Medicine, Elazig, Turkey
J Clin Neurosci 12:261-3. 2005..Results of the cases that underwent burr-hole craniostomy-irrigation (group A; n=35) were compared with those undergoing burr-hole craniostomy-closed system drainage (group B; n=35)...
- Salvage of infected craniotomy bone flaps with the wash-in, wash-out indwelling antibiotic irrigation system. Technical note and case series of 12 patientsKurtis I Auguste
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94143 0112, USA
J Neurosurg 105:640-4. 2006..The authors present their experience with an indwelling antibiotic irrigation system used for the sterilization and salvage of infected bone flaps as an alternative to their removal and ..
- Effects of soil compaction and irrigation on the concentrations of selenium and arsenic in wheat grainsFang Jie Zhao
Agriculture and Environment Division, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 2JQ, UK
Sci Total Environ 372:433-9. 2007..Field experiments were conducted to evaluate the effects of soil compaction and irrigation on Se and As concentrations in wheat grains in two seasons...
- Colostomy irrigation: are we offering it enough?Fran Woodhouse
Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals
Br J Nurs 14:S14-5. 2005This article discusses the use of irrigation for suitable colostomists and reasons why it can have a very positive effect on lifestyle. While it is evidence-based it also includes anecdotal tips from patients who irrigate...
- Patient and duct selection for nipple duct lavageApril Johnson Maddux
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9155, USA
Am J Surg 188:390-4. 2004....
- Comparative safety of various intracanal irrigation systemsPranav Desai
Department of Endodontics and Operative Dentistry, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, College of Dentistry, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Endod 35:545-9. 2009The objective of this project was to evaluate the safety of various intracanal irrigation systems by measuring the apical extrusion of irrigant...
- Development and validation of a three-dimensional computational fluid dynamics model of root canal irrigationYuan Gao
State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, West China College and Hospital of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
J Endod 35:1282-7. 2009Root canal irrigation plays an important role in the debridement and disinfection of the root canal system and is an integral part of root canal preparation procedures...
- The effect of systemic antibiotic prophylaxis and wound irrigation on penetrating combat wounds in a return-to-duty populationRobert T Gerhardt
Department of Emergency Medicine, Brooke Army Medical Center San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium, Fort Sam Houston, Texas 78234, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 13:500-4. 2009..Systemic antibiotic prophylaxis (SAP) for combat wounds is controversial. Current military practice favors its use, despite scant supporting evidence...
- Closed continuous irrigation as a treatment for infection in the handK Nemoto
Department of Orthopaedics, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
J Hand Surg Br 18:783-9. 1993A method of closed irrigation has been devised to treat infections in the hand. After adequate dÃ©bridement, two tubes are placed in the infected area, an inlet tube and an outlet tube...
- Prospective study demonstrating the efficacy of combined preoperative three-day application of antibiotics and povidone-iodine irrigationChristopher N Ta
Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University, 900 Blake Wilbur Drive, W3036, Stanford, CA 94304, USA
Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie) 39:313-7. 2007..surgery we determined that a three-day course of topical ofloxacin followed by preoperative povidone-iodine irrigation caused a marked decrease in the number of conjunctival bacterial flora and resulted in no contamination of the ..
- Transurethral ureterorenolithotripsy using new automated irrigation/suction system controlling pressure and flow compared with standard irrigation: a randomized pilot studyEric Lechevallier
Department of Urology, Hopital Salvator, Marseille, France
J Endourol 17:97-101. 2003To compare in a random fashion an automated irrigation/suction pump system with the standard pressurized technique during transurethral ureterorenolithotripsy.
- The influence of preparation size on the mechanical efficacy of root canal irrigation in vitroKenneth W Falk
Department of Cariology, Restorative Sciences and Endodontics, University of Michigan Dental School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1078, USA
J Endod 31:742-5. 2005This study tested the hypothesis that the mechanical efficacy of irrigation in reducing intracanal bacteria is dependent on canal preparation size...
- A phase II trial of intraluminal irrigation with recombinant human tissue factor pathway inhibitor to prevent thrombosis in free flap surgeryR K Khouri
Miami Hand Center, Fla, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 107:408-15; discussion 416-8. 2001..Furthermore, the lower dose of rhTFPI (0.05 mg/ml) may reduce the occurrence of postoperative hematoma and help prevent flap failure...
- A comparison of the cleaning efficacy of short-term sonic and ultrasonic passive irrigation after hand instrumentation in molar root canalsRonald A Sabins
Advanced Specialty Education Program in Endodontics, Naval Postgraduate Dental School, Bethesda, MD 20889 5602, USA
J Endod 29:674-8. 2003..Group 1 received no further treatment. Groups 2 and 3 received passive sonic irrigation for 30 and 60 s, respectively...
- Treatment of field water with sodium hypochlorite for surgical irrigationSteven J Cyr
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, 59th Medical Wing, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, USA
J Trauma 57:231-5. 2004Early irrigation and surgical debridement of high-energy wounds and open fractures effectively prevents infection. Rapid wound care has been maximized by the United States military's "forward surgical teams...
- Radiographic comparison of three methods for nasal saline irrigationDavid E L Olson
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Oakland, California 94611 5963, USA
Laryngoscope 112:1394-8. 2002To compare intranasal distribution of saline solution delivered by three popular methods for nasal saline irrigation.
- Ductal lavage and the clinical management of women at high risk for breast carcinoma: a commentaryJoyce A O'Shaughnessy
Baylor Sammons Cancer Center, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
Cancer 94:292-8. 2002
- Early open thoracotomy and mediastinopleural irrigation for severe descending necrotizing mediastinitisTakekazu Iwata
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 28:384-8. 2005..Since DNM is uncommon, few reports of large series of patients with DNM (i.e. more than 10 cases) have been published. The present aim was to evaluate our treatment strategy for DNM by retrospective chart review...
- Intrapericardial urokinase irrigation and systemic corticosteroids: an alternative to pericardectomy for persistent fibrino-purulent pericarditisM Schafer
Intensive Care Division, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne CHUV, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Surg 10:508-11. 2002..We report successful treatment of a non-resolving fibrino-purulent pericardial effusion by combined intrapericardial irrigation of fibrinolytics and systemic corticosteroids administration as an alternative to pericardectomy.
- Rectal irrigation in the management of functional bowel disorders: a reviewAngela Mary Tod
Faculty of Health and Wellbeing, Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield
Br J Nurs 16:858-64. 2007..Rectal irrigation has been introduced as a treatment option for such patients...
- Can arthrocentesis release intracapsular adhesions? Arthroscopic findings before and after irrigation under sufficient hydraulic pressureShinya Yura
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tonami General Hospital, 1 6 Shintomi cho, Tonami City, Toyama ken 939 1395, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:1253-6. 2003To investigate the effect of release of intra-articular adhesions of arthrocentesis, we examined patients with closed lock of the temporomandibular joint by arthroscopy before and after irrigation.
- Bladder irrigation with amphotericin B and fungal urinary tract infection--systematic review with meta-analysisFelipe Francisco Tuon
Department of Infectious and Parasitic Diseases, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Avenida Dr Enéas de Carvalho Aguiar 255, 4 Andar Sala 4028 ICHC, Cerqueira Cesar, CEP 05403 010, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Infect Dis 13:701-6. 2009..The treatment of asymptomatic candiduria is not well established and the use of amphotericin B bladder irrigation (ABBI) is controversial...
- Iron bezoar retained in colon despite 3 days of whole bowel irrigationLarissa I Velez
Division of Emergency Medicine Section of Toxicology, Department of Surgery, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 8579, USA
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 42:653-6. 2004..The generally accepted treatment is supportive care, whole bowel irrigation, and intravenous deferoxamine for systemic toxicity...
- Selective and specific targeting of lens epithelial cells during cataract surgery using sealed- capsule irrigationAnthony Maloof
Western Sydney Eye Hospital, University Clinic F, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, Australia
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:1566-8. 2003We describe the technique of sealed capsule irrigation, which aims to reduce posterior capsule opacification and better control lens epithelial cell activity.
- Effectiveness of the head-shaking method combined with cisternal irrigation with urokinase in preventing cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhageShunsuke Kawamoto
Department of Neurosurgery, Showa General Hospital, The University of Tokyo Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurosurg 100:236-43. 2004The head-shaking method combined with cisternal irrigation has been proposed to be effective in preventing cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) by facilitating rapid washout of the clot from the subarachnoid space...
- Irrigation volume determines the efficacy of "rectal washout"Koutarou Maeda
Department of Surgery, Fujita Health University, Aichi, Japan
Dis Colon Rectum 47:1706-10. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate its efficacy, particularly the extent to which the volume of irrigation fluid might influence the efficacy of tumor cell elimination and whether tumor characteristics might influence ..
- Tidal irrigation as treatment for knee osteoarthritis: a sham-controlled, randomized, double-blinded evaluationJohn D Bradley
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Arthritis Rheum 46:100-8. 2002To evaluate the effectiveness of tidal irrigation (TI) in comparison with a well-matched sham irrigation (SI) procedure as a treatment for knee osteoarthritis (OA).
- Guiding empirical antibiotic therapy in orthopaedics: The microbiology of prosthetic joint infection managed by debridement, irrigation and prosthesis retentionE Moran
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Disease, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headley Way, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
J Infect 55:1-7. 2007..This study describes the microbiological spectrum of prosthetic joint infection (PJI) managed by debridement, washout and retention and so guides the choice of empirical antibiotics within this patient group...
- Morbidity associated with whole bowel irrigationSean M Bryant
Pediatr Emerg Care 23:846. 2007
- Automated irrigation/aspiration before phacoemulsification in eyes with white cataractsYung Jen Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Niao Sung Hsiang, Kaohsiung Hsien, Taiwan
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 36:118-21. 2005..Several simple procedures for treatment of eyes with white mature cataract are described...
- Wound irrigation in musculoskeletal injuryJ O Anglen
Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia 65212, USA
J Am Acad Orthop Surg 9:219-26. 2001Wound irrigation to remove debris and lessen bacterial contamination is an essential component of open fracture care. However, considerable practice variation exists in the details of technique...
- Patterns of reduced nipple aspirate fluid production and ductal lavage cellularity in women at high risk for breast cancerSusan A Higgins
Department of Therapeutic Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Breast Cancer Res 7:R1017-22. 2005..However, we observed a significantly lower proportion of fluid-yielding subjects in a similar series of high-risk women. The purpose of the present study was to identify variables associated with this reduction...
- Position paper: The role of supra- and subgingival irrigation in the treatment of periodontal diseasesGary Greenstein
J Periodontol 76:2015-27. 2005This position paper addresses the role of supra- and subgingival irrigation in the treatment of periodontal diseases. It was prepared by the Committee on Research, Science and Therapy of the American Academy of Periodontology...
- An improvised delivery system for irrigationT J Walton
Department of Urology, Leicester General Hospital, Leicester, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 90:429-30. 2008
- Reproducibility of cytologic atypia in repeat nipple duct lavageApril Johnson-Maddux
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Cancer 103:1129-36. 2005....
- Is mechanical bowel preparation really necessary in colorectal surgery?Maqbool Ahmad
Department of Surgery, Combined Military Hospital, Pano Aqil Cantt
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 13:637-9. 2003..To determine the outcome of colorectal surgery without mechanical bowel preparation...
- Opinions of women with high inherited breast cancer risk about prophylactic mastectomy: an initial evaluation from a screening trial including magnetic resonance imaging and ductal lavageAllison W Kurian
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5820, USA
Health Expect 8:221-33. 2005....
- Efficacy of dilute betadine solution irrigation in the prevention of postoperative infection of spinal surgeryMing Te Cheng
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:1689-93. 2005..Prospective, single-blinded, randomized study...
- Sialoendoscopic and irrigation findings in chronic obstructive parotitisSenrong Qi
Salivary Gland Disease Center, Faculty of Stomatology, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Laryngoscope 115:541-5. 2005To study the sialographic changes related to sialoendoscopic and irrigation fluid findings in chronic obstructive parotitis.
- Sigmoid irrigation tube for the management of chronic evacuation disordersMichael W L Gauderer
Departments of Pediatric Surgery and Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Greenville Hospital System, Greenville, SC, USA
J Pediatr Surg 37:348-51. 2002Antegrade colonic irrigation, in which the right colon is accessed via appendicostomy or cecostomy, now is an important adjunct in the management of children with chronic evacuation disorders...
- The efficacy of hypertonic saline nasal irrigation for chronic sinonasal symptomsDavid Rabago
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School Madison, 53715, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:3-8. 2005To assess quality of life (QOL) in patients with sinonasal symptoms in response to hypertonic saline nasal irrigation (HSNI), and to assess HSNI use patterns.
- Comparison of soap and antibiotic solutions for irrigation of lower-limb open fracture wounds. A prospective, randomized studyJeffrey O Anglen
Department of Orthopaedics, Indiana University, 541 Clinical Drive, Suite 600, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5111, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 87:1415-22. 2005b>Irrigation of open fracture wounds is a commonly performed procedure, and irrigation additives have been used in an attempt to reduce the risk of infection...
- Ductal lavage of fluid-yielding and non-fluid-yielding ducts in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers and other women at high inherited breast cancer riskAllison W Kurian
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, 875 Blake Wilbur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305 5820
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1082-9. 2005..Most publications on ductal lavage for cell collection report cannulating fluid-yielding ducts only. We report lavage of fluid-yielding and non-fluid-yielding ducts in women at high inherited breast cancer risk...
- Changes in the bispectral index during intraabdominal irrigation in patients anesthetized with nitrous oxide and sevofluraneYasuhiro Morimoto
Department of Anesthesiology Resuscitology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minami Kogushi Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Anesth Analg 100:1370-4, table of contents. 2005..In the present study, we sought to evaluate changes in BIS during intraabdominal irrigation. Eighteen ASA physical status I-II patients scheduled for elective abdominal surgery were enrolled in the study ..
- Nipple aspiration and ductal lavage in women with a germline BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutationGillian Mitchell
Division of Haematology and Medical Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Australia
Breast Cancer Res 7:R1122-31. 2005..The aim of this study was to collect serial samples of nipple aspirate (NA) and ductal lavage (DL) fluid from women with germline BRCA1/2 mutations in order to create a biorepository for use in identifying biomarkers of breast cancer risk...
- Nanobioaerosols--reconsidering agricultural irrigation in a warming worldAndrei P Sommer
Central Institute of Biomedical Engineering, University of Ulm, 89081 Ulm, Germany
J Environ Monit 8:341-6. 2006..Agricultural irrigation with water containing excreta from humans infected with nanobacteria could be a central disseminator of the ..
- Percutaneous drainage and continuous irrigation in patients with severe pyogenic spondylitis, abscess formation, and marked bone destructionNaoyoshi Hanaoka
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Oita Nakamura Hospital, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 4:374-9. 2006..What remains unclear is whether it can be effective for severe pyogenic spondylitis in which abscess formation or marked bone destruction is present. The authors undertook a study to clarify answers to this question...
- The use of ductal lavage as a screening tool in women at high risk for developing breast carcinomaCatherine D Carruthers
The Comprehensive Breast Center at Bryn Mawr Hospital, 101 S Bryn Mawr Ave, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010, USA
Am J Surg 194:463-6. 2007..The purpose of the study was to determine if ductal lavage could predict the occurrence of breast cancer as well as further stratify patients at high-risk for developing breast cancer...
- Comparison of ductal lavage and random periareolar fine needle aspiration as tissue acquisition methods in early breast cancer prevention trialsBanu Arun
Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:4943-8. 2007..The optimum method to retrieve adequate samples and the most accepted method by study participants is not known...
- Is there a future for ductal lavage?Carol J Fabian
Clin Cancer Res 13:4655-6. 2007
- Reproducibility of ductal lavage cytology and cellularity over a six month interval in high risk womenDeepa B Patil
Department of Surgery, The Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 112:327-33. 2008..Ductal lavage (DL) allows repeat sampling of breast epithelium for serial observation in a chemoprevention setting; however, the reproducibility of duct cannulation, cell yield and cytology has not been addressed...
- The reliability of nipple aspirate and ductal lavage in women at increased risk for breast cancer--a potential tool for breast cancer risk assessment and biomarker evaluationK Visvanathan
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:950-5. 2007..However, little is known about the reliability of the procedure...
- Randomized comparison between open irrigation technology and intracardiac-echo-guided energy delivery for pulmonary vein antrum isolation: procedural parameters, outcomes, and the effect on esophageal injuryNassir F Marrouche
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132 2400, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 18:583-8. 2007We performed a prospective study to compare efficacy and safety of both open irrigation tip (OIT) technology with intracardiac echo (ICE)-guided energy delivery in patients presenting for PVAI.
- Loss of heterozygosity at the BRCA1 and BRCA2 loci detected in ductal lavage fluid from BRCA gene mutation carriers and controlsImogen Locke
The Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1399-402. 2006..Further studies are required to evaluate the specificity and predictive value of LOH in ductal lavage fluid for breast cancer development...
- Local chemotherapy with primary closure of septic wounds by means of drainage and irrigation cannulae : M. N. Smith-Petersen MD (1886-1953), Carroll B. Larson MD, Williams Cochran MD . The 12th president of the AAOS 1943 (MNS-P)M N Smith-Petersen
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:104-12. 2008
- EFFECTS OF APOE ON OLFACTORY NEURON PLASTICITY IN MICEBritto Nathan; Fiscal Year: 2005..BrdU) staining of OE in KO and WT littermates at several stages post OE lesioning induced by nasal irrigation of Triton X-100...
- Pulsed Electron Avalanche Knife: Intraocular Microsurg.Daniel Palanker; Fiscal Year: 2006..coagulation, electro-adhesive manipulation of tissue and microinjection will also include illumination, irrigation and suction. It is miniaturizable to a 25 gauge size and can be incorporated into an endoscope...
- CHLORHEXIDINE IRRIGATION TO PREVENT INFECTIONDwight Rouse; Fiscal Year: 2001..of chorioaminonitis and endometritis is ascending infection of endogenous cervico-vaginal bacteria, intrapartum irrigation of the vagina and cervix with an anti- bacterial as a logical approach to prevention of peripartal infection...
- Predicting Wound Healing Complications in the Emergency DepartmentJames Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2007..This includes wound cleansing (what solution and how much irrigation?), wound closure (primary vs. secondary and modality), and the use of prophylactic antibiotics...
- Environmental Changes and Mosquito-Borne Diseases in Arid EnvironmentsJOHN C C BEIER; Fiscal Year: 2010..human populations many countries in the Middle East are developing unprecedented large-scale agricultural irrigation systems to increase food production...
- TREATING PERIODONTAL INFECTION: GLYCEMIC CONTROLGeorge Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2002..be evaluated will include ultrasonic bacterial curettage, local antimicrobial treatment with povidone-iodine irrigation, and oral systemic antibiotics (doxycycline or metronidizole)...
- The Development and Testing of a Sonic Treatment Brush for Diabetic Foot UlcersROBERT AKRIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) To reduce the bacterial burden on the wound bed surface compared to standard treatments of lavage saline irrigation and wet-to-dry saline moistened gauze dressings...
- Photodynamic Therapy for Endodontic DisinfectionNIKOLAOS SOUKOS; Fiscal Year: 2009..canal due to the complexity of the root canal system that makes complete debridement with instrumentation and irrigation alone almost impossible...
- Photodynamic Therapy for Endodontic DisinfectionNIKOLAOS SOUKOS; Fiscal Year: 2007..canal due to the complexity of the root canal system that makes complete debridement with instrumentation and irrigation alone almost impossible...
- Ecology-Based Risk Assessment and Early Warning for HPAI in AsiaXiangming Xiao; Fiscal Year: 2009..migration flyways and timing of wild waterfowls, agricultural systems (cropping intensity, crop calendar, and irrigation), seasonality of wetlands, and biophysical variables (e.g...
- Ecology-Based Risk Assessment and Early Warning for HPAI in AsiaXiangming Xiao; Fiscal Year: 2009..flyways and timing of wild waterfowls, agricultural systems (cropping intensity, crop calendar, and irrigation), seasonaliry of wetlands, and biophysical variables (e.g...
- Ecology-Based Risk Assessment and Early Warning for HPAI in AsiaXiangming Xiao; Fiscal Year: 2010..migration flyways and timing of wild waterfowls, agricultural systems (cropping intensity, crop calendar, and irrigation), seasonality of wetlands, and biophysical variables (e.g...
- Ecology-Based Risk Assessment and Early Warning for HPAI in AsiaXiangming Xiao; Fiscal Year: 2009..migration flyways and timing of wild waterfowls, agricultural systems (cropping intensity, crop calendar, and irrigation), seasonality of wetlands, and biophysical variables (e.g...
- Ecology-Based Risk Assessment and Early Warning for HPAI in AsiaXiangming Xiao; Fiscal Year: 2007
- Ecological Genomics of Anopheles gambiaeNora Besansky; Fiscal Year: 2009..gambiae: arid seasons and zones subject to irrigation for agriculture. It has been assumed that the arid-adapted incipient species (A...
- OTIC PROBE FOR NEUROCOCHLEAR INTRAOPERATIVE MONITORINGRafael Delgado; Fiscal Year: 2003..The probe will also have treatment capability in the form of irrigation and suction to present medications to the round window and inner ear...
- POPULATION AND ENVIRONMENT IN THE U.S. GREAT PLAINSSusan Hautaniemi Leonard; Fiscal Year: 2010..The new data will also be used for other analyses, including land use change associated with irrigation, demographic change and the abundance and diversity of wildlife...
- POPULATION AND ENVIRONMENT IN THE U.S. GREAT PLAINSMYRON GUTMANN; Fiscal Year: 2007..The new data will also be used for other analyses, including land use change associated with irrigation, demographic change and the abundance and diversity of wildlife...
- RISK, INSURANCE, AND THE FAMILYRobert Townsend; Fiscal Year: 1993..document the extent of diversity across households in each village with respect to soil types, irrigation status, crop choice possibilities, and income sources...
- Niono Irrigation Project and Malaria: A Computer ModelCharles Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is also evident that large irrigation projects, such as occur on the Niger River, can make otherwise and land much more productive, thereby bettering ..