Genomes and Genes
Summary: The washing of a body cavity or surface by flowing solution which is inserted and then removed. Any drug in the irrigation solution may be absorbed.
Publications358 found, 100 shown here
- A comparative study of three methods of nasal irrigationPeter John Wormald
Department of Surgery Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Adelaide, Woodville South 5011, South Australia, Australia
Laryngoscope 114:2224-7. 2004To assess the effectiveness of three methods of nasal irrigation on distributing saline to the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses.
- Influence of irrigation regimens on the adherence of Enterococcus faecalis to root canal dentinAnil Kishen
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Endod 34:850-4. 2008..There were significant increases in adherence and adhesion force after irrigation of dentin with ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA), whereas sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl) reduced it...
- Povidone-iodine: use in hand disinfection, skin preparation and antiseptic irrigationPiyush Durani
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Burns Surgery, Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, UK
Int Wound J 5:376-87. 2008..This evidence suggests that the use of povidone-iodine as an agent of choice is dependent on the clinical need but is also likely to be influenced by personal preference...
- Effects of endoscopic sinus surgery and delivery device on cadaver sinus irrigationRichard J Harvey
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 139:137-42. 2008..Assess paranasal sinus distribution of topical solutions following endoscopic sinus surgery (ESS) using various delivery devices...
- Guiding empirical antibiotic therapy in orthopaedics: The microbiology of prosthetic joint infection managed by debridement, irrigation and prosthesis retentionE Moran
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Disease, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headley Way, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
J Infect 55:1-7. 2007..This study describes the microbiological spectrum of prosthetic joint infection (PJI) managed by debridement, washout and retention and so guides the choice of empirical antibiotics within this patient group...
- Comparative safety of various intracanal irrigation systemsPranav Desai
Department of Endodontics and Operative Dentistry, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, College of Dentistry, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Endod 35:545-9. 2009The objective of this project was to evaluate the safety of various intracanal irrigation systems by measuring the apical extrusion of irrigant...
- A comparative study of the treatment of chronic subdural hematoma--burr hole drainage versus burr hole irrigationYuko Okada
Department of Neurosurgery, Kanazawa Medical University, Kahokugun, Ishikawa, Japan
Surg Neurol 57:405-9; discussion 410. 2002Several surgical procedures have been reported for the treatment of chronic subdural hematoma. Whether irrigation is required is not clear...
- Does nasal irrigation enter paranasal sinuses in chronic rhinosinusitis?Kornkiat Snidvongs
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Am J Rhinol 22:483-6. 2008Nasal irrigation is widely used in treating sinonasal diseases...
- An in vitro comparison of new irrigation and agitation techniques to ultrasonic agitation in removing bacteria from a simulated root canalCameron Townsend
Department of Graduate Endodontics, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA
J Endod 35:1040-3. 2009This in vitro study compared 3 agitation and 2 irrigation devices to ultrasonic agitation at mechanically removing bacteria from a plastic simulated canal, instrumented to 35/.06.
- Pre- and postoperative sinus penetration of nasal irrigationAlethea Grobler
Department of Surgery Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Adelaide and Flinders University, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville, South Australia, Australia
Laryngoscope 118:2078-81. 2008..The aim of this study is to determine a critical ostial size at which douching solution reliably enters the sinus cavities...
- Ductal lavage for detection of cellular atypia in women at high risk for breast cancerW C Dooley
Institute for Breast Health, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, 73104, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:1624-32. 2001..In this study, ductal lavage, a new procedure for collecting ductal cells with a microcatheter, was compared with nipple aspiration with regard to safety, tolerability, and the ability to detect abnormal breast epithelial cells...
- Comparison of posterior capsule opacification in rabbits receiving either mitomycin-C or distilled water for sealed-capsule irrigation during cataract surgerySu Young Kim
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 35:755-8. 2007..posterior capsule opacification (PCO) in rabbits who undergo cataract surgery and receive either mitomycin-C (MMC) or distilled water (DW) during sealed-capsule irrigation (SCI). In addition, we examined the toxicity of DW and MMC.
- Relationship between drainage catheter location and postoperative recurrence of chronic subdural hematoma after burr-hole irrigation and closed-system drainageH Nakaguchi
Department of Neurosurgery, Tokyo Kosei Nenkin Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurosurg 93:791-5. 2000This study was conducted to determine the best position for the subdural drainage catheter to achieve a low recurrence rate after burr-hole irrigation and closed-system drainage of chronic subdural hematoma (CSDH).
- The efficacy of ultrasonic irrigation to remove artificially placed dentine debris from different-sized simulated plastic root canalsS J Lee
Department of Conservative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Chonbuk National University, Chonju, South Korea
Int Endod J 37:607-12. 2004To investigate the influence of diameter and taper of root canals on the effectiveness of ultrasonic irrigation to remove artificially placed dentine debris from simulated uninstrumented extensions in simulated root canals.
- Irrigation of the wounds in open fracturesD J Crowley
Academic Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Leeds General Infirmary, Clarendon Wing, Great George Street, Leeds, LS1 3EX, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 89:580-5. 2007..Wound debridement and irrigation is thought to be the mainstay in reducing the incidence of infection...
- Effect of repeated irrigation and debridement on fracture healing in an animal modelSang Hyun Park
The J Vernon Luck Sr M D Orthopaedic Research Center at Orthopaedic Hospital UCLA, 2400 S Flower Street, Los Angeles, CA 90007, USA
J Orthop Res 20:1197-204. 2002The initial management of open fractures often requires repeated irrigation and debridement of the open wound and stabilization of the fracture...
- Efficacy of NaOCl/H2O2 irrigation and GaAlAs laser in decontamination of root canals in vitroM Kreisler
Department of Oral Surgery, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Lasers Surg Med 32:189-96. 2003To investigate the bactericidal effect of an 809 nm semiconductor laser alone, and in combination with NaOCl/H(2)O(2) irrigation in root canals in vitro.
- Vigorous wound irrigation followed by subcuticular skin closure in children with perforated appendicitisPaiboon Sookpotarom
Department of Surgery, Buddhachinaraj Hospital, Naresuan University, Phitsanulok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 93:318-23. 2010Although various protocols for the treatment of children with perforated appendicitis have been established, no one has cited incisional wound irrigation in detail.
- Risk factors for surgical site infection following spine surgery: efficacy of intraoperative saline irrigationMasahiko Watanabe
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Surgical Science, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 12:540-6. 2010The purpose of this study was to identify risk factors for surgical site infection after spine surgery, noting the amount of saline used for intraoperative irrigation to minimize wound contamination.
- Amphotericin B irrigation for the treatment of chronic rhinosinusitis without nasal polyps: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind studyKai Li Liang
Department of Otolaryngology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Am J Rhinol 22:52-8. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of intranasal amphotericin B (AMB) in patients who have CRS without nasal polyps (CRSsNP)...
- A scanning electron microscopic study of dentinal erosion by final irrigation with EDTA and NaOCl solutionsW Niu
Pulp Biology and Endodontics, Department of Restorative Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Int Endod J 35:934-9. 2002The purpose of this in vitro study was to examine dentinal erosion caused by final irrigation with EDTA and NaOCl.
- Impact on active scope deflection and irrigation flow of all endoscopic working tools during flexible ureteroscopyFederico Pasqui
Department of Urology, Hopital Tenon, 4, rue de la Chine, 75020, Paris, France
Eur Urol 45:58-64. 2004..Insertion of them limits also the irrigation flow and so that the visibility. These deteriorations vary largely following the tool inserted...
- The effect of the choice of irrigation fluid on cardiac stress during transurethral resection of the prostate: a comparison between 1.5% glycine and 5% glucoseJustin W Collins
Bristol Urological Institute, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Urol 177:1369-73. 2007Variable amounts of irrigation fluid are absorbed during transurethral prostate resection. Previous studies suggest that cardiac stress occurs as a result of transurethral prostate resection, possibly due to glycine absorption...
- Whole bowel irrigation and the hemodynamically unstable calcium channel blocker overdose: primum non nocereKirk L Cumpston
The Toxikon Consortium at Cook County Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Emerg Med 38:171-4. 2010..On theoretical grounds, some have suggested that whole bowel irrigation (WBI) with polyethylene glycol electrolyte lavage solution may be of value in the management of these cases...
- The EndoVac method of endodontic irrigation: safety firstG John Schoeffel
Dent Today 26:92, 94, 96 passim. 2007
- Treatment of breast abscesses with sonographically guided aspiration, irrigation, and instillation of antibioticsFrancisco Leborgne
Breast Unit, Instituto de Radiología y Centro de Lucha Contra el Cáncer, Pereira Rossell Hospital, B Artigas 1550, Montevideo, Uruguay
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:1089-91. 2003We studied the feasibility of treating breast abscesses with sonographically guided aspiration, irrigation, and local instillation of antibiotics without placing indwelling catheters.
- Comparison of the EndoVac system to needle irrigation of root canalsBenjamin A Nielsen
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
J Endod 33:611-5. 2007Past studies have shown that current irrigation methods are effective at cleaning root canals coronally but less effective apically. To be effective, endodontic irrigants should ideally be delivered near working length...
- A multicenter comparison of tap water versus sterile saline for wound irrigationRonald M Moscati
Department of Emergency Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
Acad Emerg Med 14:404-9. 2007To compare wound infection rates for irrigation with tap water versus sterile saline before closure of wounds in the emergency department.
- Hypersaline nasal irrigation in children with symptomatic seasonal allergic rhinitis: a randomized studyWerner Garavello
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, D N T B, University of Milano Bicocca, Milano, Italy
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 14:140-3. 2003Recent evidence suggests that nasal irrigation with hypertonic saline may be useful as an adjunctive treatment modality in the management of many sinonasal diseases...
- Efficacy of pocket irrigation with bupivacaine and ketorolac in breast augmentation: a randomized controlled trialColleen M McCarthy
Plastic and Reconstructive Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Ann Plast Surg 62:15-7. 2009..The objective of this study was to investigate the efficacy of pocket irrigation with bupivacaine and ketorolac in reducing pain, narcotic use, and methocarbamol use following subpectoral ..
- Phytophthora irrigata, a new species isolated from irrigation reservoirs and rivers in Eastern United States of AmericaChuanxue Hong
Department of Plant Pathology, Physiology and Weed Science, Hampton Roads Agricultural Research and Extension Center, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Virginia Beach, VA 23455, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 285:203-11. 2008..The optimal temperature for culture growth is above 30 degrees C and the maximum temperature is 40 degrees C. This new species is abundant in irrigation reservoirs and natural waterways in Virginia and was also isolated in Pennsylvania.
- Severe hypernatremia after hypertonic saline irrigation of hydatid cystsAline Albi
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Unit, Groupe Hospitalier Cochin, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Anesth Analg 95:1806-8, table of contents. 2002..patient who survived an extreme iatrogenic acute hypernatremia (200 mmol/L) resulting from a hypertonic saline irrigation of multiple intraabdominal hydatid cysts...
- [Long-term efficacy of TRUS-guided transperineal needle aspiration and irrigation on persistent hematospermia]Kai Zhang
Department of Urology, First Hospital of Peking University, Institute of Urology, Peking University, Beijing 100034, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 11:452-4. 2005To evaluate the long-term efficacy of transrectal ultrasonography (TRUS)-guided transperineal needle aspiration and irrigation for persistent hematospermia.
- Continuous irrigation in pyogenic spondylitis accompanied by iliopsoas abscessKatsuhiro Tofuku
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kagoshima Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:E382-7. 2007A retrospective assessment of 12 patients with pyogenic spondylitis accompanied by iliopsoas abscess treated by continuous irrigation with our new method between March 2003 and July 2005.
- Ductal lavage findings in women with known breast cancer undergoing mastectomySeema A Khan
Department of Surgery, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago IL, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1510-7. 2004..To assess the utility of ductal lavage as a cancer diagnostic test, we investigated the association between ductal lavage cytologic findings and histologic findings in women with known breast cancer undergoing mastectomy...
- Visually guided irrigation for patients with symptomatic internal derangement of the temporomandibular joint: a preliminary reportToshirou Kondoh
First Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dental Medicine, Tsurumi University, 2 1 3 Tsurumi Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, 230 8501, Japan
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 95:544-51. 2003Visually guided irrigation (VGIR) is simple joint irrigation with minimally invasive intracapsular inspection through the use of a thin arthroscope...
- How much sterile saline should be used for efficient lavage during total knee arthroplasty? Effects of pulse lavage irrigation on removal of bone and cement debrisYasuo Niki
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Keio University, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Arthroplasty 22:95-9. 2007..However, no significant differences were found beyond the fourth lavage. This study indicated that 4 L of pulse lavage is effective for removing the particles during cemented TKA...
- Oxygen embolism after hydrogen peroxide irrigation of a vulvar abscessG Haller
Department APSIC, University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Br J Anaesth 88:597-9. 2002We report a case of venous oxygen embolism in a 33-yr-old healthy woman after irrigation of a vulvar abscess with 25 ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide...
- Comparison of the effectiveness of three irrigation techniques in reducing intracanal Enterococcus faecalis populations: an in vitro studyPatrícia R R Brito
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Estacio de Sa University, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
J Endod 35:1422-7. 2009Several irrigation techniques have been recently introduced with the main objective of improving root canal disinfection...
- Influence of irrigation solutions combined with colchicine and diclofenac sodium on articular cartilage in a rat modelOnur Tetik
Department of Sports Medicine, School of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 12:503-9. 2004....
- Balanced irrigation-suction technique with a multifunctional suction cannula and its application for intraoperative hemorrhage in endoscopic evacuation of intracerebral hematomas: technical noteToru Nagasaka
Department of Neurosurgery, Japanese Red Cross, Nagoya Daiichi Hospital, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Neurosurgery 65:E826-7; discussion E827. 2009..Endoscopic evacuation of intraoperative hemorrhage is proving to be increasingly useful and effective. For general agreement that endoscopic evacuation has advantages over craniotomy, secure hemostatic procedures are crucial...
- Enteric viruses in raw vegetables and groundwater used for irrigation in South KoreaSooryun Cheong
School of Biological Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:7745-51. 2009..may be contaminated with a broad range of enteric viruses, which may originate from virus-infected farmers and virus-contaminated irrigation water, and these vegetables may act as a potential vector of food-borne viral transmission.
- Saline nasal irrigation for upper respiratory conditionsDavid Rabago
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Am Fam Physician 80:1117-9. 2009Saline nasal irrigation is an adjunctive therapy for upper respiratory conditions that bathes the nasal cavity with spray or liquid saline...
- Significance of dynamic magnetic resonance sialography in prognostic evaluation of saline solution irrigation of the parotid gland for the treatment of xerostomiaManabu Habu
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Division of Maxillofacial Diagnostic and Surgical Science, Kyushu Dental College, Kitakyushu, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:768-76. 2010To evaluate the clinical significance of dynamic magnetic resonance (MR) sialographic images in prognostic evaluation of saline solution irrigation of the parotid gland for the treatment of xerostomia.
- Comparison of apical extrusion of NaOCl using the EndoVac or needle irrigation of root canalsRoss Paton Mitchell
Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
J Endod 36:338-41. 2010The purpose of this study is to compare extrusion of irrigants delivered with a 27-G needle or the EndoVac system (Discus Dental, Culver City, CA) during instrumentation and final irrigation of teeth.
- Tissue necrosis after subgingival irrigation with fluoride solutionS Sjostrom
Department of Oral Biology, School of Dentistry, Umea University, Sweden
J Clin Periodontol 26:257-60. 1999b>Irrigation of periodontal pockets with fluoride solution after scaling and root planing is occasionally recommended to inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria in the periodontal pocket...
- The tolerability of lactated Ringer's solution and BSS plus for ocular irrigation with and without the Morgan therapeutic lensJ B Jones
Emergency Medicine and Trauma Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46206 1367, USA
Acad Emerg Med 5:1150-6. 1998..Worth, TX), compared with normal saline solution (NSS), for ocular irrigation in healthy adult volunteers with and without the Morgan therapeutic lens (MTL).
- Bladder irrigation or irritation?T S Elliott
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham
Br J Urol 64:391-4. 1989Exfoliation rates of urothelial cells following bladder irrigation were studied in patients with long-term indwelling catheters and chronic urinary tract infections (UTI)...
- The effect of intraoperative antibiotics in irrigating solutions on aqueous humor contamination and endophthalmitis after phacoemulsification surgeryG Sobaci
Department of Ophthalmology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy and Medical School Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Ophthalmol 13:773-8. 2003..To determine the efficacy of intraoperative antibiotic use in irrigating solutions on aqueous humor contamination during phacoemulsification surgery and to evaluate the corresponding risk of postoperative endophthalmitis...
- The prescribing patterns of Wisconsin family physicians surrounding saline nasal irrigation for upper respiratory conditionsDavid Rabago
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Department of Family Medicine, Madison, WI, USA
WMJ 108:145-50. 2009..Saline nasal irrigation (SNI) is an adjunctive therapy for upper respiratory conditions; clinical studies suggest that use of SNI may be ..
- Modulation of physiological hemostasis by irrigation solution: comparison of various irrigation solutions using a mouse brain surface bleeding modelYasutaka Fujita
Research and Development Center, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc, Naruto, Tokushima, Japan
J Neurosurg 112:824-8. 2010Intraoperative bleeding often obscures the surgical field and may cause neurological damage. The irrigation fluids used during surgery might affect physiological hemostasis because they modulate the extracellular fluid composition of the ..
- Efficacy of the NaviTip FX irrigation needle in removing post instrumentation canal smear layer and debris in curved root canalsOsvaldo Zmener
Postgraduate Program for Specialized Endodontics, Faculty of Medical Sciences, School of Odontology, University of El Salvador Argentine Dental Association, Buenos Aires, Republica Argentina
J Endod 35:1270-3. 2009This study evaluated the effectiveness of the NaviTip FX (Ultradent Products Inc, South Jordan, UT), a 30-gauge brush-covered irrigation needle, in removing debris and smear layer in vitro.
- Treatment of breast abscesses with ultrasound-guided aspiration and irrigation in the emergency settingBulent Ozseker
Department of Radiology, Acibadem Hospital, Inonu cd Okur sk, Kozyatagi, 34742, Istanbul, Turkey
Emerg Radiol 15:105-8. 2008The purpose of our study was to describe the efficacy of ultrasound (US)-guided aspiration and intracavitary irrigation of breast abscesses in the emergency setting...
- Influence of irrigation methods and an adjuvant on the persistence of carbaryl on pakchoiMari Marutani
Agricultural Experiment Station, College of Natural and Applied Sciences, University of Guam, UOG Station, Mangilao GU 96923
J Environ Qual 35:1994-8. 2006Influence of irrigation methods and use of an adjuvant on the persistence of the carbaryl (1-naphthyl N-methylcarbamate) on pakchoi [Brassica rapa L. subsp. chinensis (Rupr...
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgery with epinephrine saline irrigationK H Jensen
Departments of Orthopedics, , , Denmark
Arthroscopy 17:578-81. 2001PURPOSE: To determine whether dilute epinephrine saline irrigation (0...
- The effect of irrigation fluid temperature on core body temperature in arthroscopic shoulder surgeryTimothy N Board
Department of Orthopaedics, Wrightington Hospital and the University of Manchester, Wigan, UK
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 128:531-3. 2008The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between irrigation fluid temperature and core body temperature in patients undergoing arthroscopic shoulder surgery.
- Randomized trial of drainage, irrigation and fibrinolytic therapy for premature infants with posthemorrhagic ventricular dilatation: developmental outcome at 2 yearsAndrew Whitelaw
Neonatal Medicine, University of Bristol Medical School, Southmead Hospital, Bristol BS10 5NB, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 125:e852-8. 2010..We investigated whether drainage, irrigation, and fibrinolytic therapy (DRIFT), which aims to lower pressure, distortion, free iron, and cytokines, reduces ..
- Early wound irrigation improves the ability to remove bacteriaBrett D Owens
United States Army Institute of Surgical Research, 3400 Rawley Chambers Road, Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:1723-6. 2007..most surgeons prefer to treat contaminated wounds as soon as possible, the effect of timing on the ability of irrigation to reduce the amount of bacteria in a wound is not fully known...
- A randomized, controlled trial of transanal irrigation versus conservative bowel management in spinal cord-injured patientsPeter Christensen
Surgical Research Unit, Department of Surgery P, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Gastroenterology 131:738-47. 2006..Transanal irrigation improves bowel function in selected patients...
- Prevention of symptomatic vasospasm by continuous cisternal irrigation with mock-CSF containing ascorbic acid and Mg(2+)Akira Satoh
Department of Neurosurgery, Stroke Center, International Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, 1397 1, Yamane, Hidaka City, Saitama, 350 1298, Japan
Acta Neurochir Suppl 107:115-8. 2010..In this report the authors investigated the effect of continuous cisternal irrigation (CCI) with mock CSF containing ascorbic acid (ASA) and Mg, performed after early surgery for ruptured aneurysm.
- Effect of irrigation of the nose with isotonic salt solution on adult patients with chronic paranasal sinus diseaseG Bachmann
Otorhinolaryngological Clinic, Cologne University, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 257:537-41. 2000..The treatment consisted of endonasal irrigation twice daily and additional nasal spray as required...
- Single-stage procedure with intraoperative colonoscopy and colonic irrigation in patients with obstructing left-sided colonic cancerUng Chae Park
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, Kon Kuk University, Chungju, Korea
Int J Colorectal Dis 19:487-92. 2004..has been growing acceptance of the one-stage resection and primary anastomosis with intraoperative antegrade irrigation. This study evaluated the efficacy of a newly developed device for performing a single-stage procedure in ..
- Intracameral mydriatics in phacoemulsification surgery obviate the need for epinephrine irrigationBjörn Lundberg
Department of Clinical Sciences Ophthalmology, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 85:546-50. 2007..To evaluate the possibility of removing epinephrine from the irrigating solution in phacoemulsification surgery when using intracameral mydriatics (ICMs)...
- Effect of irrigation solutions on dentin bonding agents and restorative shear bond strengthEric C Sung
Division of Advanced Prosthodontics, Biomaterials, and Hospital Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, 90095 1668, USA
J Prosthet Dent 87:628-32. 2002The presence of irrigation solution prior to the application of dentin bonding agents may be one source of contamination and may adversely affect bond strength.
- Long-term outcome and safety of transanal colonic irrigation for neurogenic bowel dysfunctionP M Faaborg
Department of Surgery P, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Spinal Cord 47:545-9. 2009..Long-term follow-up study...
- Effects of propionyl-L-carnitine topical irrigation in distal ulcerative colitis: a preliminary reportG Gasbarrini
Institute of Internal Medicine, Catholic University Policlinico A Gemelli Largo Gemelli, 8 00168 Roma, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 50:1385-9. 2003To study the tolerability of propionyl-L-carnitine administered as rectal irrigation and its efficacy in improving the clinical picture of distal ulcerative colitis.
- Efficacy of subgingival irrigation using herbal extracts on gingival inflammationAlexander Pistorius
Department of Operative Dentistry, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Periodontol 74:616-22. 2003..The aim of the present study was to investigate the efficacy of an herbal-based mouthrinse in combination with an oral irrigator in reducing gingival inflammation...
- The effects of irrigation fluid volume and irrigation time on fluid electrolyte balance and hemodynamics in percutaneous nephrolithotripsyAhmet Koroglu
Department of Anaesthesiology, Inonu University School of Medicine, Turgut Ozal Medical Center Malatya, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 35:1-6. 2003to determine fluid-electrolyte and hemodynamics changes and complications associated with irrigation fluid volume and time in percutaneous nephrolithotripsy in that 0.9% NaCl was used as irrigant.
- Saline nasal irrigation: Its role as an adjunct treatmentBlake Papsin
Department of Otolaryngology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ont
Can Fam Physician 49:168-73. 2003To review clinical evidence on the efficacy of saline nasal irrigation for treatment of sinonasal conditions and to explore its potential benefits.
- Effect of whole bowel irrigation on the pharmacokinetics of an acetaminophen formulation and progression of radiopaque markers through the gastrointestinal tractBinh T Ly
Division of Medical Toxicology, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California San Diego Medical Center, California Poison Control System, San Diego Division, San Diego, CA 92103 8925, USA
Ann Emerg Med 43:189-95. 2004We describe the effects of whole bowel irrigation on a delayed-release acetaminophen preparation...
- Closed-catheter irrigation is as effective as open drainage for treatment of pyogenic flexor tenosynovitisKarol A Gutowski
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Wisconsin, 600 Highland Avenue, G5 357, Madison, WI 43792 7375, USA
Ann Plast Surg 49:350-4. 2002Surgical treatment of pyogenic flexor tenosynovitis traditionally consists of open drainage (OD) and irrigation of the flexor tendon sheath...
- Intra- and retroperitoneal irrigation liquid after arthroscopy of the hip jointUlrich Haupt
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Berne, Inselspital, Berne, Switzerland
Arthroscopy 24:966-8. 2008The case of intra- and retroperitoneal irrigation solution after hip arthroscopy of a 15-year-old girl is presented...
- Salvage of infected craniotomy bone flaps with the wash-in, wash-out indwelling antibiotic irrigation system. Technical note and case series of 12 patientsKurtis I Auguste
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94143 0112, USA
J Neurosurg 105:640-4. 2006..The authors present their experience with an indwelling antibiotic irrigation system used for the sterilization and salvage of infected bone flaps as an alternative to their removal and ..
- Nasal irrigation for the alleviation of sinonasal symptomsD G Heatley
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madison, WI 53792 7375, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 125:44-8. 2001To determine the effect of nasal irrigation on sinonasal symptoms.
- No debridement is necessary for symptomatic or infected acute necrotizing pancreatitis: delayed, mini-retroperitoneal drainage for acute necrotizing pancreatitis without debridement and irrigationYu Chung Chang
Department of Surgery, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, 138, Sheng Li Road, Tainan, 70428, Taiwan
Dig Dis Sci 51:1388-95. 2006..by introducing a sump drain to the pancreatic head area via a small left flank incision without debridement and irrigation on 19 consecutive complicated ANP patients...
- Long-term outcome and safety of transanal irrigation for constipation and fecal incontinencePeter Christensen
Surgical Research Unit, Department of Surgery P, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Dis Colon Rectum 52:286-92. 2009This study evaluated long-term results of transanal irrigation for defecation disturbances.
- Irrigation rates and handpieces used in prosthodontic and operative dentistry: results of a survey of North American dental school teachingS C Siegel
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Maryland Dental School, 666 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Prosthodont 9:82-6. 2000..A data baseline on dental cutting methodologies was established by means of a survey of North American dental school teaching...
- Are there roles for intraductal US and saline solution irrigation in ensuring complete clearance of common bile duct stones?Tiing Leong Ang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Changi General Hospital, Singapore
Gastrointest Endosc 69:1276-81. 2009..CBD saline solution irrigation may flush out residual stones.
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and heavy metals (HMs) as well as their genotoxicity in soil after long-term wastewater irrigationY F Song
Key Laboratory of Terrestrial Ecological Processes, Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wenhua Road 72, Shenhe District, Shenyang 110016, China
Chemosphere 65:1859-68. 2006..of their genotoxicity in soils obtained from Shenyang, northeast of China which had been subjected to wastewater irrigation for more than 40 years...
- Irrigation vs. closed drainage in the treatment of chronic subdural hematomaFatih S Erol
Department of Neurosurgery, Firat University School of Medicine, Elazig, Turkey
J Clin Neurosci 12:261-3. 2005..Results of the cases that underwent burr-hole craniostomy-irrigation (group A; n=35) were compared with those undergoing burr-hole craniostomy-closed system drainage (group B; n=35)...
- Effects of soil compaction and irrigation on the concentrations of selenium and arsenic in wheat grainsFang Jie Zhao
Agriculture and Environment Division, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 2JQ, UK
Sci Total Environ 372:433-9. 2007..Field experiments were conducted to evaluate the effects of soil compaction and irrigation on Se and As concentrations in wheat grains in two seasons...
- Closed continuous irrigation as a treatment for infection in the handK Nemoto
Department of Orthopaedics, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
J Hand Surg Br 18:783-9. 1993A method of closed irrigation has been devised to treat infections in the hand. After adequate dÃ©bridement, two tubes are placed in the infected area, an inlet tube and an outlet tube...
- Development and validation of a three-dimensional computational fluid dynamics model of root canal irrigationYuan Gao
State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, West China College and Hospital of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
J Endod 35:1282-7. 2009Root canal irrigation plays an important role in the debridement and disinfection of the root canal system and is an integral part of root canal preparation procedures...
- The effect of systemic antibiotic prophylaxis and wound irrigation on penetrating combat wounds in a return-to-duty populationRobert T Gerhardt
Department of Emergency Medicine, Brooke Army Medical Center San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium, Fort Sam Houston, Texas 78234, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 13:500-4. 2009..Systemic antibiotic prophylaxis (SAP) for combat wounds is controversial. Current military practice favors its use, despite scant supporting evidence...
- Colostomy irrigation: are we offering it enough?Fran Woodhouse
Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals
Br J Nurs 14:S14-5. 2005This article discusses the use of irrigation for suitable colostomists and reasons why it can have a very positive effect on lifestyle. While it is evidence-based it also includes anecdotal tips from patients who irrigate...
- Patient and duct selection for nipple duct lavageApril Johnson Maddux
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9155, USA
Am J Surg 188:390-4. 2004....
- Intrapericardial urokinase irrigation and systemic corticosteroids: an alternative to pericardectomy for persistent fibrino-purulent pericarditisM Schafer
Intensive Care Division, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne CHUV, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Surg 10:508-11. 2002..We report successful treatment of a non-resolving fibrino-purulent pericardial effusion by combined intrapericardial irrigation of fibrinolytics and systemic corticosteroids administration as an alternative to pericardectomy.
- Treatment of field water with sodium hypochlorite for surgical irrigationSteven J Cyr
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, 59th Medical Wing, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, USA
J Trauma 57:231-5. 2004Early irrigation and surgical debridement of high-energy wounds and open fractures effectively prevents infection. Rapid wound care has been maximized by the United States military's "forward surgical teams...
- A phase II trial of intraluminal irrigation with recombinant human tissue factor pathway inhibitor to prevent thrombosis in free flap surgeryR K Khouri
Miami Hand Center, Fla, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 107:408-15; discussion 416-8. 2001..Furthermore, the lower dose of rhTFPI (0.05 mg/ml) may reduce the occurrence of postoperative hematoma and help prevent flap failure...
- Ductal lavage and the clinical management of women at high risk for breast carcinoma: a commentaryJoyce A O'Shaughnessy
Baylor Sammons Cancer Center, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
Cancer 94:292-8. 2002
- Prospective study demonstrating the efficacy of combined preoperative three-day application of antibiotics and povidone-iodine irrigationChristopher N Ta
Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University, 900 Blake Wilbur Drive, W3036, Stanford, CA 94304, USA
Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie) 39:313-7. 2007..surgery we determined that a three-day course of topical ofloxacin followed by preoperative povidone-iodine irrigation caused a marked decrease in the number of conjunctival bacterial flora and resulted in no contamination of the ..
- Transurethral ureterorenolithotripsy using new automated irrigation/suction system controlling pressure and flow compared with standard irrigation: a randomized pilot studyEric Lechevallier
Department of Urology, Hopital Salvator, Marseille, France
J Endourol 17:97-101. 2003To compare in a random fashion an automated irrigation/suction pump system with the standard pressurized technique during transurethral ureterorenolithotripsy.
- Radiographic comparison of three methods for nasal saline irrigationDavid E L Olson
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Oakland, California 94611 5963, USA
Laryngoscope 112:1394-8. 2002To compare intranasal distribution of saline solution delivered by three popular methods for nasal saline irrigation.
- Early open thoracotomy and mediastinopleural irrigation for severe descending necrotizing mediastinitisTakekazu Iwata
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 28:384-8. 2005..Since DNM is uncommon, few reports of large series of patients with DNM (i.e. more than 10 cases) have been published. The present aim was to evaluate our treatment strategy for DNM by retrospective chart review...
- A comparison of the cleaning efficacy of short-term sonic and ultrasonic passive irrigation after hand instrumentation in molar root canalsRonald A Sabins
Advanced Specialty Education Program in Endodontics, Naval Postgraduate Dental School, Bethesda, MD 20889 5602, USA
J Endod 29:674-8. 2003..Group 1 received no further treatment. Groups 2 and 3 received passive sonic irrigation for 30 and 60 s, respectively...
- The influence of preparation size on the mechanical efficacy of root canal irrigation in vitroKenneth W Falk
Department of Cariology, Restorative Sciences and Endodontics, University of Michigan Dental School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1078, USA
J Endod 31:742-5. 2005This study tested the hypothesis that the mechanical efficacy of irrigation in reducing intracanal bacteria is dependent on canal preparation size...
- Irrigation volume determines the efficacy of "rectal washout"Koutarou Maeda
Department of Surgery, Fujita Health University, Aichi, Japan
Dis Colon Rectum 47:1706-10. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate its efficacy, particularly the extent to which the volume of irrigation fluid might influence the efficacy of tumor cell elimination and whether tumor characteristics might influence ..
- Iron bezoar retained in colon despite 3 days of whole bowel irrigationLarissa I Velez
Division of Emergency Medicine Section of Toxicology, Department of Surgery, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 8579, USA
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 42:653-6. 2004..The generally accepted treatment is supportive care, whole bowel irrigation, and intravenous deferoxamine for systemic toxicity...
- Rectal irrigation in the management of functional bowel disorders: a reviewAngela Mary Tod
Faculty of Health and Wellbeing, Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield
Br J Nurs 16:858-64. 2007..Rectal irrigation has been introduced as a treatment option for such patients...
- Can arthrocentesis release intracapsular adhesions? Arthroscopic findings before and after irrigation under sufficient hydraulic pressureShinya Yura
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tonami General Hospital, 1 6 Shintomi cho, Tonami City, Toyama ken 939 1395, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:1253-6. 2003To investigate the effect of release of intra-articular adhesions of arthrocentesis, we examined patients with closed lock of the temporomandibular joint by arthroscopy before and after irrigation.
- Selective and specific targeting of lens epithelial cells during cataract surgery using sealed- capsule irrigationAnthony Maloof
Western Sydney Eye Hospital, University Clinic F, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, Australia
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:1566-8. 2003We describe the technique of sealed capsule irrigation, which aims to reduce posterior capsule opacification and better control lens epithelial cell activity.
- Pulsed Electron Avalanche Knife: Intraocular Microsurg.Daniel Palanker; Fiscal Year: 2006..coagulation, electro-adhesive manipulation of tissue and microinjection will also include illumination, irrigation and suction. It is miniaturizable to a 25 gauge size and can be incorporated into an endoscope...
- Biofilm matrix-degrading enzymes for the treatment and prevention of S. aureus-asJeffrey B Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2013..freshly contaminated full-thickness wounds? (3) Do matrix-degrading enzymes potentiate the ability of pulse irrigation treatment to decontaminate freshly contaminated full-thickness wounds? Studies will be carried out using porcine ..
- Optimal Prevention and Control of Periodontal Disease: The Periodontal Pocket IrrThomas E Van Dyke; Fiscal Year: 2011..The research literature establishes the benefits and efficacy of supra- and sub-gingival irrigation with chemotherapeutic agents for the control of gingivitis and periodontitis...
- Climate Change and Health: Assessing the Risk of Preterm DeliveryRupa Basu; Fiscal Year: 2013..temperature, a measure of both temperature and relative humidity combined, will be provided by the California Irrigation and Management System and the US Environmental Protection Agency...
- Sensimmer Virtual Phaco Trainer for Cataract SurgeryP Pat Banerjee; Fiscal Year: 2011..g., Alcon) will be used, and the phaco foot pedal will control three modes of the virtual phaco tip: (1) irrigation;(2) irrigation + aspiration;(3) irrigation + aspiration + ultrasound power...
- Agricultural Intervention to Improve Health of HIV-infected and Affected ChildrenLisa Michelle Butler; Fiscal Year: 2013..is an agricultural intervention that centers around the provision of a "KickStart" foot-operated mechanical irrigation pump, a microeconomic loan, and training in sustainable farming techniques and financial management provided by ..
- In-Patient Pediatric Gastrojejunal Tube Cleaner Eliminating Surgical InterventionRyan S Clement; Fiscal Year: 2013..The patent-pending catheter-based device employs a flexible wire in a smooth catheter, and an irrigation mechanism, optimized to clear obstructions quickly, restoring patency and cleaning inner-walls...
- Irrigation workers' exposures to antibiotic-resistant bacteria and antimicrobialsAMY REBECCA SAPKOTA; Fiscal Year: 2010..potential source of exposure to resistant bacteria and antimicrobial residues is reclaimed wastewater used for irrigation. However, exposures to these agents among irrigation workers have not been fully evaluated...
- Intersectoral Fellowships on Irrigated Agriculture and Human Health in MalawiEdward D Walker; Fiscal Year: 2013Project Summary/Abstract The Intersectoral Fellowships to Build Capacity on Irrigation, Agricultural Production, and Health in Malawi program aims to provide multi-disciplinary research training for twelve post-doctoral fellows (four ..
- Olfactory Bulb Cell Genesis and Survival in a Model of Reversible DeafferentationChristine A Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2011..Repeated intranasal irrigation with Triton X-100 in this animal results in long-term, partial deafferentation of the olfactory bulb with a ..
- Antibiotic Resistance and Virulence Gene Transfer in Environmental PathogensRebekah Potts Nash; Fiscal Year: 2012..such as Escherchia coli, Salmonella, and Shigella, which are transmitted to the food chain from polluted irrigation and fertilization systems, have been shown to possess both of these plasmid-encoded elements...
- MINIR-II: Minimally Invasive Neurosurgical Intracranial RobotJ Marc Simard; Fiscal Year: 2013..MINIR-II of rigid plastic body with cable driven joints, hollow inner core for routing cablin and electronics, irrigation and suction capability, and tumor removal capability, 2) Develop and characterize a multi-piece mold capable of ..
- Environmental Changes and Mosquito-Borne Diseases in Arid EnvironmentsJohn C Beier; Fiscal Year: 2013..human populations many countries in the Middle East are developing unprecedented large-scale agricultural irrigation systems to increase food production...
- Ecology-Based Risk Assessment and Early Warning for HPAI in AsiaXiangming Xiao; Fiscal Year: 2011..migration flyways and timing of wild waterfowls, agricultural systems (cropping intensity, crop calendar, and irrigation), seasonality of wetlands, and biophysical variables (e.g...
- Subgingival Drug Delivery for Periodontitis Prevention and TreatmentMARTYN DARBY; Fiscal Year: 2009..Systemic antibiotics, as well as local irrigation with antibiotic solutions have demonstrated some improvement in prolonging the effects of debridement...
- Chitosan Endoluminal Hemostatic DressingHua Xie; Fiscal Year: 2009..in the CEHD group compared to standard of practice;iii) the CEHD can be removed by dissolution with a low pH irrigation solution. Phase II studies will lead to an FDA submission for clinical trials...
- TREATING PERIODONTAL INFECTION: GLYCEMIC CONTROLGeorge Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2002..be evaluated will include ultrasonic bacterial curettage, local antimicrobial treatment with povidone-iodine irrigation, and oral systemic antibiotics (doxycycline or metronidizole)...
- The Development and Testing of a Sonic Treatment Brush for Diabetic Foot UlcersROBERT AKRIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) To reduce the bacterial burden on the wound bed surface compared to standard treatments of lavage saline irrigation and wet-to-dry saline moistened gauze dressings...
- Photodynamic Therapy for Endodontic DisinfectionNIKOLAOS SOUKOS; Fiscal Year: 2009..canal due to the complexity of the root canal system that makes complete debridement with instrumentation and irrigation alone almost impossible...
- Ecological Genomics of Anopheles gambiaeNora Besansky; Fiscal Year: 2009..gambiae: arid seasons and zones subject to irrigation for agriculture. It has been assumed that the arid-adapted incipient species (A...
- MARKERS OF EXFOLIATED BENIGN AND MALIGNANT BLADDER CELLSCarlos Cordon Cardo; Fiscal Year: 1991..epithelial cells from patients with bladder tumors, cystitis and normal mucosa, (c) flow cytometry of bladder irrigation specimens and cell suspensions from resected tumors using dual parameter DNA/monoclonal antibody binding ..
- OPTIMAL LASER FOR SMALL DIAMETER VASCULAR ANASTOMOSESRobert Kung; Fiscal Year: 1990..Compared to the Ar laser, the 1.9 mm laser requires lower power for welding and no irrigation to prevent tissue damage...
- The NOSES Trial, Nasal irrigation, Oral steroids, Antibiotics and Subgroup targetDaniel Merenstein; Fiscal Year: 2009..two potential alternative symptomatic therapies have been identified - corticosteroids and saline nasal irrigation (SNI)...
- OTIC PROBE FOR NEUROCOCHLEAR INTRAOPERATIVE MONITORINGRafael Delgado; Fiscal Year: 2003..The probe will also have treatment capability in the form of irrigation and suction to present medications to the round window and inner ear...
- AN OPTIMAL LASER FOR SMALL DIAMETER VASCULAR ANASTOMOSESRobert Kung; Fiscal Year: 1993..Compared to the Ar laser, the 1.9 um laser requires lower power for welding and no irrigation is necessary to prevent tissue damage...
- AUTOMATED URINARY CYTOLOGY FOR CANCER DETECTIONMyron Melamed; Fiscal Year: 1992..During this last period conventional bladder irrigation FCM, using acridine orange (AO) staining, compared with voided urine cytology and bladder wash cytology, ..
- NEW MARKERS FOR DETCTION & EVALUATION OF BLADDER TUMORSYves Fradet; Fiscal Year: 1991..A method has also been developed to simultaneously study mAb reactivity and DNA content of cells from bladder irrigation and tumors by FCM...
- MINIR: Minimally Invasive Neurosurgical Intracranial RobotJAYDEV DESAI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Dedicated irrigation and aspiration channels in the MINIR body will ensure washing out the debris and its removal...
- SOCIAL DEMOGRAPHY OF A CHINESE DISTRICT, 1906-46BURTON PASTERNAK; Fiscal Year: 1980..g., forms of irrigation, cropping patterns, associated patterns of labor use, relative family wealth), variations in the frequency of ..
- Niono Irrigation Project and Malaria: A Computer ModelCharles Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is also evident that large irrigation projects, such as occur on the Niger River, can make otherwise and land much more productive, thereby bettering ..
- Biofilm Management Using Chlorine DioxideCHARLES TENNAKOON; Fiscal Year: 2004..eliminate biofilms in Dental unit water lines (DUWL) and maintain the required quality of water used for mouth irrigation. This technology development is needed to prevent biofilm formation inside the thin plastic tubes in DUWLs that ..
- SLIT SCAN DETECTION OF BLADDER CANCERLEON WHEELESS; Fiscal Year: 1999..specific aims: l) Test the hypothesis that chromosome 9 aberrations detected in longitudinally collected bladder irrigation and tumor specimens have clinical utility in the diagnosis and prognosis of superficial bladder cancer by ..
- ROLE OF SENSING OF K+ INTAKE IN K+ HOMEOSTASISJANG YOUN; Fiscal Year: 2005..e., "local irrigation" and portal denervation techniques...
- Production of Pyrogen-Free Water in Hemodialysis UnitsANUNCIA GONZALEZ MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..industry: large quantities of pyrogen-free water are required for intravenous infusion fluids, fluids for injection and for irrigation in operating rooms. Also, other industries, such as the hydroponics industry need sterile water.
- Microbial Control of Immature Anopheles MosquitoesRobert Novak; Fiscal Year: 2007..In order to develop, implement, and maintain a mosquito management program in rice irrigation schemes, we must determine site-specific IMM critical elements; the when, where, and how to reduce adult ..
- PORTAL VEIN GLUCOSE SENSORS IN HYPOGLYCEMIACASEY DONOVAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..g. lactate. In the current proposal we will employ selective denervation procedures and the "local irrigation technique"(developed in our lab) to address the following specific aims: 1) to identify the origin, axis and ..
- CYTOMETRIC AND OTHER MARKERS OF HUMAN BLADDER CANCERBRIAN MAYALL; Fiscal Year: 1991..Cells in urine and irrigation specimens will be pelleted and embedded: sections from these samples and from the tissue blocks will be ..
- PORTAL GLUCOSENSORS IN HYPOGLYCEMIC DETECTIONCASEY DONOVAN; Fiscal Year: 2000..In this proposal the investigator will employ variations of the "local irrigation technique" to address the following specific aims: To elucidate the metabolic signals underlying glucose ..
- CORNEAL ENDOTHELIAL REPAIR--ROLE OF LIPID MEDIATORSMarcia Jumblatt; Fiscal Year: 2000..outcome of these studies will suggest novel supplements (lipids, phospholipids, lipases) to corneal storage media and intraocular irrigation solutions which will promote functional recovery of traumatized and/or aged corneal endothelium.
- PRODUCTION OF PYROGEN-FREE WATER IN HEMODIALYSIS UNITANUNCIA GONZALEZ MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2000..large quantities of pyrogen-free water are used by the medical industry such as in intravenous infusion fluids, fluids for infection and for irrigation in operating rooms. Also, sterile water is needed in the hydroponics industry.
- DISPOSABLE HIGH RESOLUTION FALLOPOSCOPERobert Kung; Fiscal Year: 1993..The goal of the proposal program is the development of a falloposcope with high resolution imaging optics, irrigation channels and steering mechanisms...
- Inflammation and Ovarian CancerClareann Bunker; Fiscal Year: 2008..In particular, NSAID use may prove to be a potentially important chemopreventative for this often-fatal disease. ..
- ZOONOTIC AND XENOZOONOTIC RISKS OF HEPATITIS E VIRUSXiang Jin Meng; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Biomarker modulation/COX-2 inhibitor/Breast CancerBanu Arun; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ultimately, the development of non-hormonal chemoprevention agents, and identification of surrogate markers will allow us to plan large-scale, phase III chemoprevention studies with the endpoint of cancer incidence. ..
- NICOTINE INDUCED CEREBROVASCULAR DYSFUNCTIONWILLIAM MAYHAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, results of these studies may provide insights regarding possible therapeutic approaches for the treatment of nicotine-induced vascular dysfunction. ..
- Hormonal Opioids in Ischemic PreconditioningEric Dickson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Dickson with the facilities, equipment and expertise necessary to achieve the goals set forth in this proposal...
- A Standardized Nursing Intervention Protocol for HCT PatientsMarcia Grant; Fiscal Year: 2009..Outcomes are evaluated at 3,6 and 12months post hospital discharge. Thestudy builds on over ten years of research collaboration with an interdisciplinary HCT team. ..
- Clinical Trial for Tinnitus Retraining Therapy(TRT)C Formby; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- CHLORHEXIDINE IRRIGATION TO PREVENT INFECTIONDwight Rouse; Fiscal Year: 2001..of chorioaminonitis and endometritis is ascending infection of endogenous cervico-vaginal bacteria, intrapartum irrigation of the vagina and cervix with an anti- bacterial as a logical approach to prevention of peripartal infection...
- Phase II SBIR: WHI-07: A Novel Dual-Function MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Stampidine: A Novel Broad-Spectrum Anti-HIV MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific Aims 1 and 2 may provide the foundation for the clinical development of STAMP in Phase II studies as a safe, effective broad-spectrum anti-HIV microbicide without conception-inhibiting functions. ..
- Restraint stress-induced neurogenic bladder inflammationTheoharis Theoharides; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our findings may be relevant to the pathophysiology of IC and may suggest new therapeutic approaches. ..
- Local Strategies for Schistosomiasis ControlRobert Spear; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Artificial Cornea Based on Photolithographically Patterned, Biomimetic HydrogelsChristopher N Ta; Fiscal Year: 2010..3. Determine the skirt design for optimal stromal tissue integration by evaluating in vitro and in vivo stromal wound healing within photolithographically patterned, microperforated hydrogel arrays. ..
- Visualizing the Substrate for Sudden Cardiac DeathVivek Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Mast cells, antidepressants and chronic fatigue syndromeTheoharis Theoharides; Fiscal Year: 2007..Future studies will build on these findings to develop in vitro and in vivo models of CFS and lead to clinical trials with select antidepressants or other molecules that inhibit brain mast cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PROTEIN-MINERAL INTERACTIONS AND CALCIUM OXALATE STONESROSEMARY RYALL; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Evalution of Vestibular Function in Meniere's DiseaseJohn Carey; Fiscal Year: 2009..Comparisons of angular and translational VOR deficits after intratympanic gentamicin should demonstrate whether or not the utricle is less susceptible than the semicircular canals to intratympanic gentamicin. ..
- Prevention of Healthcare-Associated Drug-Resistant GNRLisa Maragakis; Fiscal Year: 2006..Maragakis with the skills she needs to develop into an independent clinical investigator in epidemiologic research for the prevention of healthcare-associated infections. ..
- NOVEL CONTRACEPTIVES WITH ANTI-HIV ACTIVITYOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..The preclinical data on in vivo efficacies of WHI-05 and WHI-07 will be essential to further explore the utility of these novel drugs for clinical studies in human patients. ..