Genomes and Genes
indicator dilution techniques
Summary: Methods for assessing flow through a system by injection of a known quantity of an indicator, such as a dye, radionuclide, or chilled liquid, into the system and monitoring its concentration over time at a specific point in the system. (From Dorland, 28th ed)
Publications217 found, 100 shown here
- Diagnostic accuracy of ultrasound dilution access blood flow measurement in detecting stenosis and predicting thrombosis in native forearm arteriovenous fistulae for hemodialysisNicola Tessitore
Divisione di Nefrologia, Verona, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 42:331-41. 2003....
- Quantification of cardiovascular biomarkers in patient plasma by targeted mass spectrometry and stable isotope dilutionHasmik Keshishian
Broad Institute of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 8:2339-49. 2009..Our results also demonstrate that these assays retain the necessary precision, reproducibility, and sensitivity to be applied to novel and uncharacterized candidate biomarkers for verification of proteins in blood...
- On the physical and stochastic representation of an indicator dilution curve as a gamma variateM Mischi
Department of Electrical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, Den Dolech 2, 5612 AZ Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Physiol Meas 29:281-94. 2008....
- Generalized serial dilution module for monotonic and arbitrary microfluidic gradient generatorsKangsun Lee
SMALL Nanobio Sensors and MicroActuators Learning Lab, Department of Electrical Engineering, University at Buffalo, the State University of New York SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
Lab Chip 9:709-17. 2009..The simple universal gradient generation technology using the generalized serial dilution module will find widespread use in the greater chemical and biological community, and address many challenges of gradient-dependent phenomena...
- 2-layer based microfluidic concentration generator by hybrid serial and volumetric dilutionsKangsun Lee
SMALL, Nanobio Sensors and MicroActuators LearningLaboratory Department of Electrical Engineering, University at Buffalo, The State University of New, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
Biomed Microdevices 12:297-309. 2010..We expect that the proposed dilution method will be useful to study not only high throughput drug screening but also optimization in biology, chemistry, medicine, and material sciences...
- Preload and haemodynamic assessment during liver transplantation: a comparison between the pulmonary artery catheter and transpulmonary indicator dilution techniquesG Della Rocca
University of Rome La Sapienza, Istituto di Anestesiologia e Rianimazione, Azienda Ospedaliera Policlinico Umberto I, Roma, Italy
Eur J Anaesthesiol 19:868-75. 2002..The reproducibility and precision of all CIart and CIpa measurements were also evaluated...
- Stable isotope dilution analysis of the fusarium mycotoxin zearalenoneBenedikt Cramer
Institut fur Lebensmittelchemie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Corrensstrasse 45, 48149 Munster, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 55:8353-8. 2007..Fifteen cereal products from the German retail markets were analyzed, of which seven contained ZON in levels from 4.9 to 45.0 microg/kg...
- Serial dilution curve: a new method for analysis of reverse phase protein array dataLi Zhang
Department of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1400 Pressler Street, Unit 1410, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Bioinformatics 25:650-4. 2009..We showed how the method can be used to examine data quality and to obtain robust quantification of protein concentrations...
- Stable isotope dilution assays in mycotoxin analysisMichael Rychlik
Lehrstuhl für Lebensmittelchemie der Technischen, Universitat Munchen, Lichtenbergstr 4, 85748, Garching, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 390:617-28. 2008..As the commercial availability of these compounds continues to increase, SIDAs can be expected to find expanding use in mycotoxin analysis...
- Recirculation in double lumen catheter veno-venous extracorporeal membrane oxygenation measured by an ultrasound dilution techniqueA F van Heijst
Department of Pediatrics, University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
ASAIO J 47:372-6. 2001..51 (p < 0.01); mean difference was -15.7% (p < 0.01). The ultrasound dilution method is a useful method for measurement of the recirculation fraction in DLVV-ECMO and is easier to use than the other methods...
- Measurements of recirculation during neonatal veno-venous extracorporeal membrane oxygenation: clinical application of the ultrasound dilution techniqueDavid Clements
State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13027, USA
J Extra Corpor Technol 40:184-7. 2008..Application of this technique could provide early data that will assist the clinician in guiding interventions to minimize recirculation...
- Use of isotope-labeled aflatoxins for LC-MS/MS stable isotope dilution analysis of foodsChristian Cervino
Institute of Hydrochemistry, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 56:1873-9. 2008..The method was successfully applied to determine trace levels of aflatoxins in diverse food matrices such as peanuts, nuts, grains, and spices. Aflatoxin contents in these samples ranged from about 0.5 to 6 microg/kg...
- Flow monitoring: performance characteristics of ultrasound dilution versus color Doppler ultrasound compared with fistulographyChristoph Schwarz
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Am J Kidney Dis 42:539-45. 2003..However, performance characteristics of the 2 most frequently used ultrasound techniques compared with fistulography remain elusive...
- Synthesis of four carbon-13-labeled type a trichothecene mycotoxins and their application as internal standards in stable isotope dilution assaysStefan Asam
Lehrstuhl fur Lebensmittelchemie der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Lichtenbergstrasse 4, D 85748 Garching, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 54:6535-46. 2006..Diacetoxyscirpenol was detected on potatoes, whereas monoacetoxyscirpenol was not present in the analyzed samples...
- Stable isotope dilution analysis of the Fusarium mycotoxins deoxynivalenol and 3-acetyldeoxynivalenolMichael Bretz
Institut fur Lebensmittelchemie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Germany
Mol Nutr Food Res 50:251-60. 2006..This is the first report of an isotope dilution MS method for the analysis of type B-trichothecenes...
- Assessment of lithium dilution cardiac output as a technique for measurement of cardiac output in dogsD J Mason
Department of Clinical Studies, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Canada
Am J Vet Res 62:1255-61. 2001..Use of LiDCO eliminates the need for catheterization of a pulmonary artery and could increase use of cardiac output monitoring, which may improve management of cardiovascularly unstable animals...
- Evaluation of foot-to-foot bioelectrical impedance analysis for the prediction of total body water in oncology outpatients receiving radiotherapyE Isenring
The Wesley Research Institute, Brisbane, Australia
Eur J Clin Nutr 58:46-51. 2004..To investigate the accuracy of total body water (TBW) predicted by foot-to-foot bioelectrical impedance compared with a deuterium oxide dilution technique in oncology outpatients receiving radiotherapy...
- Bioelectrical impedance measurements in patients with gastrointestinal disease: validation of the spectrum approach and a comparison of different methods for screening for nutritional depletionPetronella L M Cox-Reijven
Department of Dietetics, University Hospital Maastricht, P Debyelaan 25, PO Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 78:1111-9. 2003..Bioelectrical impedance spectroscopy (BIS) may be of value in identifying patients with nutritional depletion...
- State-of-the-art of serum testosterone measurement by isotope dilution-liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryLinda M Thienpont
Laboratory for Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Gent University, Gent, Belgium
Clin Chem 54:1290-7. 2008....
- Assessment of body fatness in young children using the skinfold technique and BMI vs body water dilutionC Tennefors
Semper AB, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Clin Nutr 58:541-7. 2004..To compare body fatness estimated using a skinfold technique and body mass index (BMI) with body fatness estimated using the body water dilution method in healthy Swedish children 9 or 14 months of age...
- Comparative measurements of total body water in healthy volunteers by online breath deuterium measurement and other near-subject methodsDavid Smith
Centre for Science and Technology in Medicine, School of Postgraduate Medicine, Keele University, Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 76:1295-301. 2002..We developed a new near-subject approach, using flowing afterglow-mass spectrometry (FA-MS) and deuterium dilution, which enables the immediate measurement of total body water (TBW) from single exhalations...
- Quantitative determination of sulfur-containing wine odorants at sub parts per billion levels. 2. Development and application of a stable isotope dilution assayRémi Schneider
ITV France, 19 rue du Général Foy, 75008 Paris, France
J Agric Food Chem 51:3243-8. 2003..The former compound was detected in all of the Muscadet wines that were analyzed at levels always higher than its odor detection threshold, while the latter occurred at levels higher than its odor threshold in only one Muscadet wine...
- Reference methods for the measurement of free thyroid hormones in blood: evaluation of potential reference methods for free thyroxineSteen S Holm
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Holbaek Hospital, 4300 Holbaek, Denmark
Clin Biochem 37:85-93. 2004....
- Heteroatom(isotope)-tagged proteomics via ICP-MS: screening and quantification of proteins and their post-translational modificationsAlfredo Sanz-Medel
Department of Physical and Analytical Chemistry, University of Oviedo, c Julian Claveria 8, 33006, Oviedo, Spain
Anal Bioanal Chem 391:885-94. 2008
- Comparison of isotope dilution with bioimpedance spectroscopy and anthropometry for assessment of body composition in asymptomatic HIV-infected and HIV-uninfected breastfeeding mothersPeggy C Papathakis
Africa Centre for Health and Population Studies, Somekele, South Africa
Am J Clin Nutr 82:538-46. 2005..The effect of breastfeeding on the nutrition of HIV-infected (HIV+) mothers is unknown. Simple, valid methods are needed for body-composition assessment of HIV+ women...
- Quantification of abscisic acid in grapevine leaf (Vitis vinifera) by isotope-dilution liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryFrancisca Vilaró
Centre UdL IRTA, Rovira Roure 191, 25198 Lleida, Spain
Anal Bioanal Chem 386:306-12. 2006..5% and < 6.0% was obtained for intra-batch and inter-batch comparisons, respectively. As for accuracy, the relative error (%Er) was between -2.7 and 4.3%, and the relative recovery ranged from 95% to 107%...
- Development of a multianalyte method for the determination of anabolic hormones in bovine urine by isotope-dilution GC-MS/MSC S Aman
Analytical Chemistry Department, University of Valencia, Edifici Jeroni Muñoz, 50 Dr Moliner St, 46100, Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Anal Bioanal Chem 386:1869-79. 2006..These results were better than those found using heptafluorobutyric anhydride (HFBA) as derivative reagent and those measured in full scan and selective ion monitoring modes...
- Analysis of 2-aminoacetophenone in wine using a stable isotope dilution assay and multidimensional gas chromatography-mass spectrometryHans Georg Schmarr
Dienstleistungszentrum Ländlicher Raum Rheinpfalz, Breitenweg 71, D 67435 Neustadt an der Weinstrasse, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1150:78-84. 2007..Quantification is based on a stable isotope dilution assay using deuterated 2-aminoacetophenone as internal standard...
- Validation of 5 routine assays for serum free testosterone with a candidate reference measurement procedure based on ultrafiltration and isotope dilution-gas chromatography-mass spectrometryK Van Uytfanghe
Laboratory for Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Clin Biochem 38:253-61. 2005..To this end, we performed split-sample measurements of 40 male sera...
- Assessment of body composition in long-term hemodialysis patients: rationale and methodologyShubho R Sarkar
Renal Research Institute, New York, NY 10128, USA
J Ren Nutr 15:152-8. 2005..Preliminary results based on up to 40 hemodialysis patients are reported...
- Metabolic analysis of the cinnamate/monolignol pathway in Carthamus tinctorius seeds by a stable-isotope-dilution methodNorikazu Sakakibara
Research Institute for Sustainable Humanosphare, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
Org Biomol Chem 5:802-15. 2007..Experimental results obtained using this technique strongly suggested the intermediacy of ferulic acid in lignan biosynthesis in the plant...
- Determination of arginine and asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA) in human plasma by liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry with the isotope dilution techniqueJens Martens-Lobenhoffer
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, University Hospital, Leipziger Strasse 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Mass Spectrom 39:1287-94. 2004..355 +/- 0.066 microM, with a normal range for ADMA from 0.225 to 0.485 microM. The corresponding values for end-stage chronic renal failure patients are ARG = 48.1 +/- 18.5 microM, p < 0.01 and ADMA = 0.673 +/- 0.134 M, p < 0.001...
- Analysis of nitroaromatic compounds in complex samples using solid-phase microextraction and isotope dilution quantification gas chromatography-electron-capture negative ionisation mass spectrometryS Jonsson
Man Technology Environment Research Centre, Department of Natural Sciences, Orebro University, 701 82, Orebro, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 1164:65-73. 2007..02-38ngL(-1) for SPME and 6-184ngL(-1) for SPE, respectively. The SPME method was applied on samples in the ngL(-1) level from artificial reed beds treated with sludge containing residues from explosives and pharmaceuticals...
- Pilot study for the standardization of insulin immunoassays with isotope dilution liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometryDiego Rodríguez-Cabaleiro
Laboratory for Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Clin Chem 53:1462-9. 2007..In view of this demand, we conducted a pilot study to investigate the feasibility of such a standardization project with our isotope dilution-liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry (ID-LC/tandem MS) procedure...
- Empirical relationship between precision and ultra-trace concentrations of PCDD/Fs and dioxin-like PCBs in biological matricesGauthier Eppe
CART, Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Chemistry Department, University of Liege, Allee de la Chimie 3, B 6c Sart Tilman, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Chemosphere 71:379-87. 2008..We demonstrate that the proposed function is suitable for use as a fitness-for-purpose criterion for proficiency assessment in interlaboratory comparisons on dioxins and related compounds in food...
- Continuous determination of high-vapor-phase concentrations of tetrachloroethylene using on-line mass spectrometryDennis Fine
Shaw Environmental and Infrastructure, 919 Kerr Research Drive, Ada, OK 74821 1198, USA
Anal Chem 80:1328-35. 2008..The method has potential application for analysis of gas-phase tracers...
- Direct quantitative determination of cyanamide by stable isotope dilution gas chromatography-mass spectrometrySyuntaro Hiradate
Department of Biological Safety Science, National Institute for Agro Environmental Sciences, 3 1 3 Kan nondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8604, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1098:138-43. 2005..The determination range of cyanamide in the SID-GC-MS method was almost the same as that in the CNQ-HPLC method; however, the SID-GC-MS method was much simpler than the CNQ-HPLC method...
- A non-invasive, on-line deuterium dilution technique for the measurement of total body water in haemodialysis patientsCian Chan
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent ST4 7LN, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:2064-70. 2008..In particular we wished to show that a pre-dialysis estimation was as good as a post-dialysis equilibrated measurement in order to avoid patients needing to remain behind after dialysis treatment...
- Measurement of total body water using 2H dilution: impact of different calculations for determining body fatJ LaForgia
School of Pharmaceutical, Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, University of South Australia, GPO Box 2471, South Australia 5001, Australia
Br J Nutr 88:325-9. 2002..5 h) were therefore of marginal use for improving the accuracy of % BF estimates. The TBW difference over time (T0 v. Teq) also had little impact on % BF values...
- Quantitation of odor-active compounds in rye flour and rye sourdough using stable isotope dilution assaysEva Kirchhoff
Deutsche Forschungsanstalt fur Lebensmittelchemie, Lichtenbergstrasse 4, D 85748 Garching, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 50:5378-85. 2002..Similar results were obtained for five different flours and sourdoughs, respectively, although the amounts of some odorants in the flour and the sourdough differed significantly within batches...
- Comparison of total energy expenditure and energy intake in children aged 6-9 yE J Ball
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Sydney, Australia
Am J Clin Nutr 74:643-9. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: In this age group, reported EI is not representative of TEE at the individual level. However, at the population level, 3-d food records may be used for surveys of EI by 6-9-y-old children...
- Accurate determination of human serum transferrin isoforms: Exploring metal-specific isotope dilution analysis as a quantitative proteomic toolM Estela del Castillo Busto
Department of Physical and Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry University of Oviedo, c Julian Claveria 8, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Anal Chem 78:8218-26. 2006....
- Reliability in estimates of body composition of birds: oxygen-18 versus deuterium dilutionAstolfo J Mata
Centre d Ecologie et Physiologie Energetiques, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unite Propre de Recherche 9010, 23 rue Becquerel, F 67087 Strasbourg, Cedex 2, France
Physiol Biochem Zool 79:202-9. 2006..The advantage of in vivo estimation of TBW with isotopic dilution in combination with the regression approach is that it permits repeated measurements of body composition on the same birds under laboratory and free-living conditions...
- Assessment of postabsorptive renal glucose metabolism in humans with multiple glucose tracersN Moller
Endocrinology Division, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Diabetes 50:747-51. 2001..The methodological variability of our data suggests that extrapolation from regional renal measurements to the whole-body level should be perfumed with caution...
- Measurement of parameters of cholic acid kinetics in plasma using a microscale stable isotope dilution technique: application to rodents and humansC V Hulzebos
Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, Center for Liver, Digestive, and Metabolic Diseases, Laboratory of Pediatrics, University Hospital Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
J Lipid Res 42:1923-9. 2001..The method can be applied in unanesthetized rodents with an intact enterohepatic circulation and may also be valuable when studying the development of human neonatal bile acid kinetics...
- Precursors of 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline, a potent flavor compound of an aromatic rice varietyTadashi Yoshihashi
Food Science and Technology Division, Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences, 1 1 Ohwashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8686, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 50:2001-4. 2002..2-acetyl-1-pyrroline was formed in the aromatic rice at temperatures below that of thermal generation in bread baking, and formed in the aerial part of aromatic rice from proline as the nitrogen precursor...
- Field methods for body composition assessment are valid in healthy chinese adultsManjiang Yao
Energy Metabolism Laboratory, The Jean Mayer U S Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Nutr 132:310-7. 2002..Furthermore, using the equation of Brozek et al. may be preferable to using Siri's equation to predict %BF from body density in populations in which individuals have >30%BF...
- Energy requirements of urban Chinese adults with manual or sedentary occupations, determined using the doubly labeled water methodM Yao
Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 56:575-84. 2002....
- Assessment by bioimpedance of forearm cell mass: a new approach to calibrationA Pietrobelli
Obesity Research Center, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York 10025, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 56:723-8. 2002....
- Bio-electrical impedance spectroscopy: alternatives for the conventional hand-to-foot measurementsP L M Cox-Reijven
Department of Dietetics, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Clin Nutr 21:127-33. 2002....
- Methods for measuring lipid metabolism in vivoBruce W Patterson
Center for Human Nutrition, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 5:475-9. 2002..Papers for this review were selected on the basis of their timeliness, novelty, and/or their potential impact on diverse fields of lipid metabolism...
- Bioelectrical impedance vs. four-compartment model to assess body fat change in overweight adultsLaura E Chouinard
Department of Family Relations and Applied Nutrition, University of Guelph, 50 Stone Road E, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:85-92. 2007..Our objective was to determine the ability of leg-to-leg BIA vs. the four-compartment (4C) model to detect small changes in %FM in overweight adults...
- Estimation of neonatal body composition: isotope dilution versus total-body electrical conductivityKazumasa Hashimoto
Department of Reproductive Biology, Case Western Reserve University at MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
Biol Neonate 81:170-5. 2002..22-0.57). Because of the wide variation of water content in individuals, the isotope dilution method may not be the optimal way of assessing body composition, and specifically body fat, in newborns...
- Quantification of key odorants formed by autoxidation of arachidonic acid using isotope dilution assayJ Lin
Nestec Ltd, , Lausanne, Switzerland
Lipids 36:749-56. 2001..Synthesis of deuterated 6, required for IDA, is described in detail. The formation of odorants 1-6 by autoxidation of AA is discussed with respect to the quantitative data...
- Validity and reliability of body composition assessed by the sulphur hexafluoride dilution methodShinichi Demura
Faculty of Education, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
J Sports Sci 20:663-70. 2002..This suggests that improvements need to be made to the device or to the technique to maintain a constant volume of sulphur hexafluoride in the chamber...
- Direct measurement of glycine-extended adrenomedullin in plasma and tissue using an ultrasensitive immune complex transfer enzyme immunoassay in ratsJunichi Yamaga
First Department of Internal Medicine, Miyazaki Medical College, 5200 Kihara, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Hypertens Res 26:S45-53. 2003..In most tissues, levels of AM-m and AM-Gly were both increased by LPS; however, AM-Gly/AM-m ratios were not significantly affected, which suggests that AM-Gly is rapidly converted to AM-m in tissue...
- Determination of lead in wine by hydride generation atomic fluorescence spectrometry in the presence of hexacyanoferrate(III)Irina B Karadjova
Faculty of Chemistry, University of Sofia, Sofia, Bulgaria
Anal Bioanal Chem 388:801-7. 2007..Good agreement has been demonstrated between results obtained by CF-HGAFS and direct electrothermal atomic absorption spectrometry in analyses of red and white wines within the concentration range of 9.2-25.8 microg L(-1) Pb...
- Assay of coenzyme Q(10) in plasma by a single dilution stepFabrizio Mosca
Institute of Biochemistry, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ancona, Via Ranieri, 60131 Ancona, Italy
Anal Biochem 305:49-54. 2002..99 (P < 0.0001) was found with a reference electrochemical detection method. Within run precision showed a CV% of 1.6 for samples approaching normal values (1.02 microM). Day-to-day precision was also close to 2%...
- Body composition by three-compartment model and relative validity of some methods to assess percentage body fat in mexican healthy elderly subjectsHeliodoro Alemán-Mateo
División de Nutrición, Centro de Investigacion en Alimentacion y Desarrollo, Carretera a la Victoria Km 0 6, Apartado Postal 1735, 83000 Hermosillo, Mexico
Gerontology 50:366-72. 2004..This implies the use of accurate and precise methods. In the elderly, Siri's three-compartment (3C) model has been proposed as feasible alternative to the gold standard four-compartment model...
- Body composition in patients with an ileostomy and inflammatory bowel disease: validation of bio-electric impedance spectroscopy (BIS)E Carlsson
Department of Surgery, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Clin Nutr 56:680-6. 2002....
- Simultaneous determination of total body water and plasma volume in conscious dogs by the indicator dilution principleSøren Wamberg
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
J Nutr 132:1711S-3S. 2002
- Development and evaluation of a candidate reference measurement procedure for the determination of 19-norandrosterone in human urine using isotope-dilution liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometrySusan S C Tai
Analytical Chemistry Division, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD 20899 8392, USA
Anal Chem 78:3393-8. 2006....
- Development of a simplified sample pretreatment procedure as part of an isotope dilution-liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry candidate reference measurement procedure for serum total thyroxineKatleen Van Uytfanghe
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:1539-40. 2004
- Development and evaluation of a reference measurement procedure for the determination of estradiol-17beta in human serum using isotope-dilution liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometrySusan S C Tai
Analytical Chemistry Division, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899 8392, USA
Anal Chem 77:6359-63. 2005....
- Evaluation of body composition in dogs by isotopic dilution using a low-cost technique, Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopyLaurent Ferrier
Unite de Nutrition et Endocrinologie, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire, Nantes, France
J Nutr 132:1725S-7S. 2002
- Effect of residues remaining in the injection liner of a gas chromatograph on the quantification of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons by isotope dilution mass spectrometry using deuterium-labeled internal standardsNobuyasu Itoh
National Metrology Institute of Japan NMIJ, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, 1 1 1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8563, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1134:246-52. 2006..Since the analytical results using PAHs-d as internal standards were significantly lower than those using 13C-PAHs whatever solutions were injected immediately before (p < 0.05, 1.9-13.2%), 13C-PAHs gave more accurate results...
- Galactonate determination in urine by stable isotope dilution gas chromatography-mass spectrometryPeter Schadewaldt
Klinik fur Allgemeine Padiatrie, Universitatsklinikum, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Metabolic Unit, Moorenstrasse 5, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 801:249-55. 2004..The procedure was applied to study the variability of D-galactonate excretion in healthy subjects and galactosemic patients and to monitor the D-galactonate-D-galactitol ratio in human urine...
- Determination of epoxidized soybean oil by gas chromatography/single quadrupole and tandem mass spectrometry stable isotope dilution assayThorsten Rothenbacher
Chemisches und Veterinaruntersuchungsamt Stuttgart, Schaflandstrasse 3 2, 70736 Fellbach, Germany
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 21:1937-43. 2007..5 mg kg-1) of 99.7+/-5.5%, with a repeatability (within-run precision) of 6.0%. By means of GC/MS an LOQ of 21 mg kg-1 and a mean recovery (n=5, c=106.5 mg kg-1) of 103.3+/-0.8% with a repeatability of 0.9% were determined...
- Quantitative analysis of 39 polybrominated diphenyl ethers by isotope dilution GC/low-resolution MSLuke K Ackerman
Department of Chemistry and Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
Anal Chem 77:1979-87. 2005....
- Quantification of lignans in food using isotope dilution gas chromatography/mass spectrometryJosé L Peñalvo
Institute for Preventive Medicine, Nutrition and Cancer, Folkhalsan Research Center, and Division of Clinical Chemistry, University of Helsinki, Biomedicum, Helsinki, Finland
J Agric Food Chem 53:9342-7. 2005....
- Serum estradiol quantified by isotope dilution-gas chromatography/mass spectrometryHuaiqin Wu
Abbott Laboratories, Diagnostics Division, 100 Abbott Park Rd, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
Clin Chem 48:364-6. 2002
- Quantitative analysis of metabolites in complex biological samples using ion-pair reversed-phase liquid chromatography-isotope dilution tandem mass spectrometryReza M Seifar
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Delft University of Technology, 67 Julianalaan, 2628 BC Delft, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 1187:103-10. 2008..The method showed excellent precision (relative standard deviation (RSD)<or=11%, except for PIO and 8-HPA) in present of interferences from sample matrix. Limits of quantification (LOQs) for all metabolites were below 1 microM level...
- Endothelial function studies in pulmonary vascular disease: determination of angiotensin converting enzyme activity in humans (review)Attila Cziraki
Pecs University, Faculty of Medicine, Heart Institute, H 7624 Pecs, Hungary
Int J Mol Med 9:317-25. 2002..Pulmonary capillary endothelium-bound (PCEB)-ACE has been extensively studied by means of indicator dilution techniques in animals and man...
- Hypoxemic resuscitation prevents pulmonary capillary endothelial dysfunction induced by normoxemic resuscitation from hemorrhagic shockEmmanuel E Douzinas
3rd Department of Critical Care, Metaxa Cancer Hospital, Piraeus, Greece
Crit Care Med 37:869-75. 2009..In this study, we sought to investigate the effect of hypoxemic resuscitation on pulmonary endothelium...
- Measurement of solute transport in the endothelial glycocalyx using indicator dilution techniquesLujia Gao
Department of Bioengineering, The Pennsylvania State University, 205 Hallowell Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 37:1781-95. 2009..Thus the present method may provide a useful tool for elucidating structural and molecular alterations in the glycocalyx as occur with ischemia, metabolic and inflammatory events...
- Comparison of the radioiodinated serum albumin (RISA) dilution technique with direct volumetric measurements in animal models of peritoneal dialysisWim Van Biesen
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Gent, Belgium
Perit Dial Int 22:316-22. 2002..The present study compares direct volume measurement with the Indicator dilution technique [radioiodinated serum albumin (RISA)] to determine the IPV over time curves In a rat model of PD...
- Extravascular lung water volume measurement by a novel lithium-thermal indicator dilution method: comparison of three techniques to post-mortem gravimetryBenjamin Maddison
Intensive Care Unit, Royal London Hospital, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
Intensive Care Med 34:2106-11. 2008....
- Bioimpedance spectroscopy for the estimation of body fluid volumes in miceM E Chapman
Division of Nephrology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F280-3. 2010Conventional indicator dilution techniques for measuring body fluid volume are laborious, expensive, and highly invasive...
- Cardiac output technologies with special reference to the horseKevin T T Corley
Equine Referral Hospital, Royal Veterinary College, Hertfordshire, UK
J Vet Intern Med 17:262-72. 2003..The technique is technically demanding, which restricts its clinical use. Indicator dilution techniques, with indocyanine green, cold (thermodilution), or lithium as the marker, have also been widely used ..
- A comparison of methods for the measurement of hemodialysis access recirculationCarlo Basile
Division of Nephrology, Hospital of Martina Franca, Taranto, Italy
J Nephrol 16:908-13. 2003..Furthermore, some other indicator dilution techniques, utilizing the dilution of serum potassium (K), glucose, hematocrit (Hct) and hemoglobin (Hb) have ..
- Cardiac image segmentation for contrast agent videodensitometryMassimo Mischi
Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven 5641 GP, The Netherlands
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 52:277-86. 2005b>Indicator dilution techniques are widely used in the intensive care unit and operating room for cardiac parameter measurements. However, the invasiveness of current techniques represents a limitation for their clinical use...
- Intra-thoracic blood volume measurement by contrast magnetic resonance imagingM Mischi
Eindhoven University of Technology, Department of Electrical Engineering, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Magn Reson Med 61:344-53. 2009..Nowadays, the ITBV can be accurately measured only by invasive indicator dilution techniques, which require a double catheterization of the patient...
- Pulmonary capillary endothelium-bound angiotensin-converting enzyme activity in acute lung injuryS E Orfanos
Critical Care Department, Evangelismos Hospital, University of Athens Medical School, Greece
Circulation 102:2011-8. 2000....
- Inhaled nitric oxide induces cerebrovascular effects in anesthetized pigsW M Kuebler
Institute for Surgical Research, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Neurosci Lett 348:85-8. 2003..Cerebral hemodynamics were assessed non-invasively by use of near-infared spectroscopy and indicator dilution techniques. NO(i) increased cerebral blood volume significantly and reversibly...
- Indicator dilution models for the quantification of microvascular blood flow with bolus administration of ultrasound contrast agentsCostas Strouthos
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Nicosia, Cyprus
IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control 57:1296-310. 2010..The use of indicator dilution techniques allows for the estimation of hemodynamic parameters of a tumor or organ and thus may lead to useful ..
- Rapid determination of methandrostenolone in equine urine by isotope dilution liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryO Edlund
New York State College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca 14850
J Chromatogr 497:49-57. 1989..Screening for unknown metabolites in urine after administration of methandrostenolone to horses and humans was accomplished by a parent ion scan of m/z 121, a fragment corresponding to the intact A-ring of the steroids...
- Determination of cardiac output by ultrasound dilution technique in infants and children: a validation study against direct Fick principleM Boehne
Department of Paediatric Cardiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strase 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Br J Anaesth 112:469-76. 2014..We validated UDT against the 'gold standard' reference technique, the direct Fick principle, in infants and children...
- Development and validation of anthropometric prediction equations for estimation of body fat in Indonesian menJanatin Hastuti
Faculty of Medicine, Gadjah Mada University, Medika Street, Sleman, Yogyakarta 55281, Indonesia
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 22:522-9. 2013..001) overestimated %BF by 3.3% in our cross-validation samples compared to the reference. Results suggest that the proposed prediction equations are useful in the estimation of %BF in Indonesian men. ..
- Prediction of measurement uncertainty in isotope dilution gas chromatography/mass spectrometryHiroshi Hasegawa
School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, 1432 1 Horinouchi, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1136:226-30. 2006..The detection limit and quantitation limit are estimated from the continuous plot (precision profile) of the theoretical RSD against analyte amount...
- Reference measurement procedures for the iron saturation in human transferrin based on IDMS and Raman scatteringClaudia Frank
Physikalisch Technische Bundesanstalt PTB, Bundesallee 100, 38116 Braunschweig, Germany
Metallomics 4:1239-44. 2012..Based on the results, a straightforward Raman procedure was evolved, which allows the determination of the iron saturation in transferrin with an associated relative expanded uncertainty of 7%...
- Reliability of lithium dilution cardiac output in anaesthetized sheepS M Axiak Flammer
Section of Anaesthesia, Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Br J Anaesth 111:833-9. 2013..Sheep generate important cardiovascular research models and the use of COLD has become more popular in experimental settings...
- Impact of body-composition methodology on the composition of weight loss and weight gainM Pourhassan
Institute of Human Nutrition and Food Science, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
Eur J Clin Nutr 67:446-54. 2013....
- Sex, smoking, and socioeconomic status are associated with body composition among tuberculosis patients in a deuterium dilution cross-sectional study in Mwanza, TanzaniaGeorge PrayGod
National Institute for Medical Research, Mwanza Centre, Tanzania
J Nutr 143:735-41. 2013..Prospective studies are needed to determine the role of these factors on weight gain, functional recovery, and survival during and after treatment...
- Hepatic overexpression of Abcb11 in mice promotes the conservation of bile acids within the enterohepatic circulationAnne S Henkel
Division of Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 304:G221-6. 2013..These data provide strong evidence for the existence of feed-forward communication between hepatic expression of a bile acid transport protein and the intestine...
- [Establishment of mail medical examination system using immediate plasma separating device by the self-collection blood--the method of dilution ratio calculation by using Internal standard for the sample with different amount of collecting blood]Masatoshi Horita
Leisure Inc, Chuo Ku, Tokyo
Rinsho Byori 56:577-83. 2008..975 at n=40 and a regression equation of y=1.02x-2.83. Dilution of 7-fold or less is required to assure accuracy with this system...
- Characterization of the key aroma compounds in an american bourbon whisky by quantitative measurements, aroma recombination, and omission studiesLuigi Poisson
Deutsche Forschungsanstalt fur Lebensmittelchemie, Lichtenbergstrasse 4, D 85748 Garching, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 56:5820-6. 2008..as the matrix. Omission experiments corroborated the importance of, in particular, 4-hydroxy-3-methoxybenzaldehyde, (3S,4S)-cis-whiskylactone, ethanol, and the entire group of esters for the overall aroma of the Bourbon whisky...
- Extreme homeopathic dilutions retain starting materials: A nanoparticulate perspectivePrashant Satish Chikramane
Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Adi Shankaracharya Marg, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Homeopathy 99:231-42. 2010....
- Certification of NIST standard reference material 2389a, amino acids in 0.1 mol/L HCl--quantification by ID LC-MS/MSMark S Lowenthal
Analytical Chemistry Division, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD 20899 8392, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 397:511-9. 2010..This is the first time an ID LC-MS/MS methodology has been applied for quantifying amino acids in a NIST SRM material...
- Acetyl-CoA carboxylases 1 and 2 show distinct expression patterns in rats and humans and alterations in obesity and diabetesSebastian Kreuz
Respiratory Diseases Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Biberach Riss, Germany
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 25:577-86. 2009....
- A fully validated isotope dilution HPLC-MS/MS method for the simultaneous determination of succinylcholine and succinylmonocholine in serum and urine samplesUta Kuepper
Institute of Forensic Medicine, University of Bonn, Stiftsplatz 12, 53111 Bonn, Germany
J Mass Spectrom 43:1344-52. 2008..5 and 4.9 ng/ml (SMC).The presented method was successfully applied to authentic samples of two forensic cases investigated in the institute of forensic medicine in Bonn, allowing the diagnosis of SUX intoxications...
- The defining role of structure (including epitaxy) in the plausibility of homeopathyManju Lata Rao
The Materials Research Institute, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Homeopathy 96:175-82. 2007..Materials science concepts and experimental tools offer a new approach to contemporary science, for making significant advances in the basic science studies of homeopathic medicines...
- A Platform for Pattern-Based Proteomic Biomarker Discovery-R01DENKANIKOTA MANI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, deployment of the biomarker discovery platform as a caBIG service will provide wide access to the platform, thereby maximizing impact in the research community. ..
- In Vivo Myocardial Microcirculatory FunctionERIK LEO RITMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Micro-CT of Solute Transport in Organs & Tissue ScaffoldsErik Ritman; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Coronary Vasa Vasorum - Role of 3D Branching GeometryErik Ritman; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Pediatric Clinical Research Scholar Program - WashingtonNaomi Luban; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Structure and Regulation of Ghrelin in ObesityJonathan Q Purnell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from these studies will broaden our understanding of the brain-gut axis involved in body weight regulation by clarifying the regulation of ghrelin levels and structure in lean and obese individuals. ..
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY MICRO CT-3D IMAGING FACILITYErik Ritman; Fiscal Year: 2001..AIM IV - Continue to provide the 3D micro-CT imaging service to investigator-users so that this experience will guide innovation, improvement and/or expansion of the imaging repertoire of the micro-CT methodology. ..
- Enhancing Infant Emotion Regulation: Two Holding MethodsMadalynn Neu; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Sex steroid, HPA regulation, and fat patterningJonathan Purnell; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Sequence Distribution of Tabacco Carcinogen-DNA AdductsNatalia Tretyakova; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed research is significant because of the widespread human exposure to tobacco products and because of their central role in the initiation of lung cancer in humans. ..
- NEAT & Physical Activity Assessment in the ElderlyJames Levine; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies may potentially guide us to devise novel strategies to prevent sarcopenia and promote physical activity in the elderly. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CORTISOL, CENTRAL OBESITY, AND INSULIN RESISTANCEJonathan Purnell; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Instruments for measuring physical activityJames Levine; Fiscal Year: 2008..This should allow us to better define the role of physical activity in health and disease. ..
- Hypothalamic fMRI response to nutrientsJonathan Purnell; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will help us to better understand why changes in the diet might lead to weight gain or loss. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nutritional Restriction and Activity ThermogenesisJames Levine; Fiscal Year: 2007..1 2 Description, ..
- B12 Nutrition in the AgedSally Stabler; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Non-exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT)James Levine; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, these studies may provide information regarding the pathogenesis of obesity and potentially into novel modalities for preventing and treating obesity. ..
- Circulatory Dysfunction in Chronic Fatigue SyndromeJulian Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Regulation of Cortisol Metabolism and Fat PatterningJonathan Purnell; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Detecting Endothelial Dysfunction in Renal FailureJulian Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2007..These data will form the basis of future noninvasive prognostic testing and treatment of patients at risk for ECD and can provide a means to follow treatment modalities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..