Genomes and Genes
Summary: Form of adoptive transfer where cells with antitumor activity are transferred to the tumor-bearing host in order to mediate tumor regression. The lymphoid cells commonly used are lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) cells and tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL). This is usually considered a form of passive immunotherapy. (From DeVita, et al., Cancer, 1993, pp.305-7, 314)
Publications283 found, 100 shown here
- Adoptive immunotherapy for indolent non-Hodgkin lymphoma and mantle cell lymphoma using genetically modified autologous CD20-specific T cellsBrian G Till
Clinical Research Division of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Blood 112:2261-71. 2008b>Adoptive immunotherapy with T cells expressing a tumor-specific chimeric T-cell receptor is a promising approach to cancer therapy that has not previously been explored for the treatment of lymphoma in human subjects...
- Cancer regression and autoimmunity in patients after clonal repopulation with antitumor lymphocytesMark E Dudley
Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20902, USA
Science 298:850-4. 2002..This approach presents new possibilities for the treatment of patients with cancer as well as patients with human immunodeficiency virus-related acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and other infectious diseases...
- Irradiation of tumor cells up-regulates Fas and enhances CTL lytic activity and CTL adoptive immunotherapyMala Chakraborty
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology and Radiation Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 170:6338-47. 2003..We examined the effect of localized irradiation of s.c. growing tumors on the efficiency of CTL adoptive immunotherapy. Irradiation caused up-regulation of Fas by these tumor cells in situ, based on immunohistochemistry...
- Adoptive immunotherapy of cancer using CD4(+) T cellsPawel Muranski
National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Curr Opin Immunol 21:200-8. 2009....
- CD8+ T cell immunity against a tumor/self-antigen is augmented by CD4+ T helper cells and hindered by naturally occurring T regulatory cellsPaul A Antony
Division of Surgery, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 174:2591-601. 2005..Paradoxically, we found that absence of CD4(+) T cells enhanced adoptive immunotherapy of cancer when using CD8(+) T cells directed against a persisting tumor/self-Ag...
- IL-2 and IL-21 confer opposing differentiation programs to CD8+ T cells for adoptive immunotherapyChristian S Hinrichs
National Cancer Institute, Surgery Branch, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1502, USA
Blood 111:5326-33. 2008..Thus, the efficacy of CD8(+) T cells for adoptive immunotherapy can be influenced by opposing differentiation programs conferred by IL-2 and IL-21, a finding with ..
- Antiangiogenic agents can increase lymphocyte infiltration into tumor and enhance the effectiveness of adoptive immunotherapy of cancerRajeev K Shrimali
Surgery Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1201, USA
Cancer Res 70:6171-80. 2010..These studies provide a rationale for the exploration of combining antiangiogenic agents with ACT for the treatment of patients with cancer...
- Adoptive immunotherapy of prostate cancer bone lesions using redirected effector lymphocytesJehonathan H Pinthus
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Clin Invest 114:1774-81. 2004..These preclinical studies strongly support the idea that the T body approach has therapeutic potential in disseminated prostate cancer...
- Immunity, homing and efficacy of allogeneic adoptive immunotherapy for posttransplant lymphoproliferative disordersM K Gandhi
Clinical Immunhaematology Laboratory, Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
Am J Transplant 7:1293-9. 2007b>Adoptive immunotherapy using autologous Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-specific cytotoxic T-lymphocytes (auto-CTL) can regress posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorders (PTLD). Widespread applicability of auto-CTL remains constrained...
- Artificial antigen-presenting cells for use in adoptive immunotherapyCameron J Turtle
Program in Immunology, Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Cancer J 16:374-81. 2010..In this review, we will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of cellular and acellular artificial antigen-presenting cell systems and their use in T-cell adoptive immunotherapy for cancer.
- NCRs and DNAM-1 mediate NK cell recognition and lysis of human and mouse melanoma cell lines in vitro and in vivoTadepally Lakshmikanth
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University of Catanzaro Magna Graecia, Italy
J Clin Invest 119:1251-63. 2009....
- Targeting of CD4+CD25high cells while preserving CD4+CD25low cells with low-dose chimeric anti-CD25 antibody in adoptive immunotherapy of cancerRiki Okita
Department of Surgical Oncology, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8553, Japan
Int J Oncol 34:563-72. 2009..The host conditioning with low-dose basiliximab may augment the efficacy of AIT for cancer using activated autologous lymphocytes...
- Cytokine induced killer cells as adoptive immunotherapy strategy to augment graft versus tumor after hematopoietic cell transplantationD Sangiolo
Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment IRCC, Laboratory of Medical Oncology, Strada Provinciale 142, Candiolo TO, Italy
Expert Opin Biol Ther 9:831-40. 2009..The finding of new cell populations for adoptive immunotherapy, with the ability to separate GVT from GVHD, would be useful...
- An inducible caspase 9 safety switch for T-cell therapyKarin C Straathof
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Meidcine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 105:4247-54. 2005..Third, inducible caspase 9 maintains function in T cells overexpressing antiapoptotic molecules. These characteristics favor incorporation of inducible caspase 9 as a safety feature in human T-cell therapies...
- Natural killer cells kill human melanoma cells with characteristics of cancer stem cellsGabriella Pietra
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale and Centro di Eccellenza per la Ricerca Biomedica, Universita degli Studi di Genova, Genova, Italy
Int Immunol 21:793-801. 2009..Since CSC have been reported to be both drug resistant and radioresistant, our present data suggest that NK-based adoptive immunotherapy could represent a novel therapeutic approach to possibly eradicate metastatic melanoma.
- Engineering hematopoietic grafts: purified allogeneic hematopoietic stem cells plus expanded CD8+ NK-T cells in the treatment of lymphomaM R Verneris
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 7:532-42. 2001..GVT activity is dependent on perforin, but not on Fas-ligand. We conclude that expanded CD8+ NK-T cells may serve as a valuable adjuvant population for allogeneic HCT because they mediate GVT effects with minimal GVHD...
- A phase II study of adoptive immunotherapy using dendritic cells pulsed with tumor lysate in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaDaniel H Palmer
Cancer Research UK Clinical Trials Unit, CR UK Institute for Cancer Studies, Clinical Research Block
Hepatology 49:124-32. 2009..Immune responses were assessed using an ELIspot assay of interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) release. In several cases there was induction of T cell responses to the vaccine and/or AFP following vaccination...
- De novo induction of a cancer/testis antigen by 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine augments adoptive immunotherapy in a murine tumor modelZ Sheng Guo
Thoracic Oncology Section and Tumor Immunology Section, Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Res 66:1105-13. 2006..These data show a novel strategy of combined chemoimmunotherapy of cancer targeting a CTA induced de novo in a broad range of tumor histologies, and support further evaluation of chromatin-remodeling agents for human cancer therapy...
- Adoptive immunotherapy against experimental visceral leishmaniasis with CD8+ T cells requires the presence of cognate antigenRosalind Polley
Immunology and Infection Unit, Dept of Biology, University of York, P O Box 373, York YO10 5YW, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 74:773-6. 2006..Here, we demonstrate that successful adoptive immunotherapy with CD8+ T cells is strictly dependent upon the presence of cognate antigen.
- Adoptive therapy with redirected primary regulatory T cells results in antigen-specific suppression of arthritisGraham P Wright
Department of Immunology, University College London, Royal Free Hospital, London NW3 2PF, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:19078-83. 2009..This opens the possibility to target Tregs to tissue-specific antigens for the treatment of autoimmune tissue damage without the knowledge of the disease-causing autoantigens recognized by pathogenic T cells...
- Phase I study of adoptive T-cell therapy using antigen-specific CD8+ T cells for the treatment of patients with metastatic melanomaAndreas Mackensen
Department of Hematology Oncology, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, D 93042 Regensburg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 24:5060-9. 2006..A phase I study was conducted to test the feasibility, safety, and survival of adoptively transferred Melan-A-specific CTL lines in melanoma patients...
- Adoptive T cell therapy for cancer in the clinicCarl H June
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute and Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Invest 117:1466-76. 2007..Improved molecular biology techniques have also increased enthusiasm and feasibility for testing genetically engineered T cells. The current status of the field and prospects for clinical translation are reviewed herein...
- Combination of T-cell therapy and trigger of inflammation induces remodeling of the vasculature and tumor eradicationRuth Ganss
Department of Molecular Immunology, German Cancer Research Center, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Res 62:1462-70. 2002..Therefore, irradiation/adoptive transfer therapy combines antigen-driven tumor cell eradication with anti-angiogenic effects on tumor endothelium, a powerful synergy that has not been previously appreciated...
- Enhanced killing of primary ovarian cancer by retargeting autologous cytokine-induced killer cells with bispecific antibodies: a preclinical studyJohn K Chan
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stanford Cancer Center, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:1859-67. 2006..Bispecific antibodies significantly enhanced the cytotoxicity of CIK cells in primary ovarian cancer cells and in our in vivo mouse model. The mechanism of cytolysis seems to be mediated in part by the NKG2D receptor...
- Minimally invasive treatment combined with cytokine-induced killer cells therapy lower the short-term recurrence rates of hepatocellular carcinomasDe sheng Weng
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Biotherapy Center, Department of Imaging and Interventional Radiology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, P R China
J Immunother 31:63-71. 2008The recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) after minimally invasive therapy is frequent. Adoptive immunotherapy is thought to be an effective method to lower recurrence and metastasis rates of malignant tumors...
- Transfer of mRNA encoding recombinant immunoreceptors reprograms CD4+ and CD8+ T cells for use in the adoptive immunotherapy of cancerK Birkholz
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Gene Ther 16:596-604. 2009..with a new defined specificity by expression of a chimeric T-cell receptor (immunoreceptor) for the use in adoptive immunotherapy of cancer...
- Role of immature myeloid Gr-1+ cells in the development of antitumor immunityQingsheng Li
Carl C Icahn Institute for Gene Therapy and Molecular Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Cancer Res 64:1130-9. 2004....
- Antibody-mediated B-cell depletion before adoptive immunotherapy with T cells expressing CD20-specific chimeric T-cell receptors facilitates eradication of leukemia in immunocompetent miceScott E James
Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Blood 114:5454-63. 2009..These findings suggest that combination of antibody therapy that depletes antigen-expressing normal tissues with adoptive T-cell immunotherapy enhances the ability of cTCR(+) T cells to survive and control tumors...
- Silencing of SOCS1 enhances antigen presentation by dendritic cells and antigen-specific anti-tumor immunityLei Shen
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Biotechnol 22:1546-53. 2004..This study has implications for understanding the regulation of antigen presentation and for developing more effective tumor vaccines by silencing the critical brake in antigen presentation...
- Vaccination of malignant glioma patients with peptide-pulsed dendritic cells elicits systemic cytotoxicity and intracranial T-cell infiltrationJ S Yu
Maxine Dunitz Neurosurgical Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Cancer Res 61:842-7. 2001..This Phase I study demonstrated the feasibility, safety, and bioactivity of an autologous peptide-pulsed dendritic cell vaccine for patients with malignant glioma...
- aPKC inhibitors might be the sensitizer of chemotherapy and adoptive immunotherapy in the treatment of hASIPa-overexpressed breast cancerYi ting Jin
Department of Surgery, Huashan Hospital, Shanghai Medical School, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
Oncol Res 17:59-68. 2008..The anticancer effects of 5-FU chemotherapy or adoptive immunotherapy and the synergic action of aPKC inhibitor against hASIPa-overexpressed HBC cells were tested...
- Adoptive cellular therapy for early cytomegalovirus infection after allogeneic stem-cell transplantation with virus-specific T-cell linesKarl S Peggs
Royal Free and University College London Medical School, London, UK
Lancet 362:1375-7. 2003..Our findings indicate that application of CMV-specific cell lines is both feasible and effective in a clinical environment...
- Role of NK cells in adoptive immunotherapy of metastatic colorectal cancer in a syngeneic rat modelP J Kuppen
Dept of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Immunol Rev 184:236-43. 2001..Our results indicate that NK-cell cancer therapy is still promising and needs improvement...
- Antigen-independent and antigen-dependent methods to numerically expand CD19-specific CD8+ T cellsTontanai Numbenjapon
Division of Molecular Medicine, Beckman Research Institute and City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, Calif, USA
Exp Hematol 35:1083-90. 2007..to express a first-generation CD19-specific chimeric antigen receptor (CAR), designated CD19R, for adoptive immunotherapy of B-lineage leukemias and lymphomas...
- Generation of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL)-reactive T-cell lines and clones from HLA class I-matched donors using modified B-CLL cells as stimulators: implications for adoptive immunotherapyM Hoogendoorn
Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Department of Hematology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Leukemia 18:1278-87. 2004..These results show the feasibility of ex vivo generation of B-CLL-reactive CD8(+) CTLs. This opens new perspectives for adoptive immunotherapy, following allogeneic stem cell transplantation in patients with advanced B-CLL.
- Epstein-Barr virus-specific cytotoxic T-lymphocytes for adoptive immunotherapy of post-transplant lymphoproliferative diseaseDavid M Burns
Basic and Clinical Virology Laboratory, Section of Medical Microbiology, University of Edinburgh, R D VS, Summerhall, Edinburgh EH9 1QH, UK
Blood Rev 18:193-209. 2004..An alternative, adoptive immunotherapy, involving the administration of EBV-specific CTLs cultured in vitro has been developed with the aim of ..
- Quantitative assessment of human T lymphocytes in RAG2(-/-)gammac(-/-) mice: the impact of ex vivo manipulation on in vivo functionalityRozemarijn S van Rijn
Jordan Laboratory for Hemato Oncology, Department of Hematology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Exp Hematol 35:117-27. 2007Recent clinical trials of adoptive immunotherapy showed diminished reactivity of human T cells upon ex vivo manipulation...
- Effect of selenium on the immunocompetence of patients with head and neck cancer and on adoptive immunotherapy of early and established lesionsL Kiremidjian-Schumacher
Division of Biological Sciences, Medicine, and Surgery, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, NY 10010, USA
Biofactors 14:161-8. 2001..The combined data suggested that local immunotherapy with IL-2 in hosts supplemented with Se may represent an effective modality of treatment for the prevention of recurrences at the site of conventionally treated primary tumors...
- Adoptive immunotherapy using human peripheral blood lymphocytes transferred with RNA encoding Her-2/neu-specific chimeric immune receptor in ovarian cancer xenograft modelS H Yoon
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Cancer Gene Ther 16:489-97. 2009..These results provided evidence that electroporation of CIR RNA to human PBLs could be used for rapid generation and high number of therapeutic antigen-specific T cells for adoptive immunotherapy.
- Adoptive immunotherapy for cancer: the next generation of gene-engineered immune cellsL J Berry
Cancer Immunology Program, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Victoria, Australia
Tissue Antigens 74:277-89. 2009..This review discusses the latest developments in the field of adoptive immunotherapy using genetically modified immune cells that have been transduced with either TCR or scFv receptor ..
- Prospective study of chemotherapy in combination with cytokine-induced killer cells in patients suffering from advanced non-small cell lung cancerChangping Wu
The Third Affiliated Hospital of Suzhou University, Changzhou 213003, PR China
Anticancer Res 28:3997-4002. 2008..It was concluded that chemotherapy plus CIK cells has potential benefits compared to chemotherapy alone in patients suffering from advanced NSCLC and autologous CIK cell transfusion has no obvious side-effects...
- Adoptive immunotherapy of breast cancer with lymph node cells primed by cryoablation of the primary tumorMichael S Sabel
University of Michigan, Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, 3304 Cancer Center, 1500 East Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0932, USA
Cryobiology 53:360-6. 2006..We examined whether cryoablated tumor draining lymph nodes (CTDLN) as adoptive immunotherapy may be an effective immunotherapeutic approach in the adjuvant treatment of breast cancer...
- Ex vivo expansion of tumor specific lymphocytes with IL-15 and IL-21 for adoptive immunotherapy in melanomaEduardo Huarte
Department of Medicine, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Cancer Lett 285:80-8. 2009....
- Prognostic significance of adoptive immunotherapy with tumor-associated lymphocytes in patients with advanced gastric cancer: a randomized trialKoji Kono
First Department of Surgery, Yamanashi Medical University, 1110 Tamaho, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 8:1767-71. 2002We performed adoptive immunotherapy (AIT)with tumor-associated lymphocytes (TALs) in combination with chemotherapy in patients with advanced-stage gastric cancer in a randomized controlled study and investigated whether or not an improved ..
- Cytotoxic T lymphocyte therapy for Epstein-Barr virus+ Hodgkin's diseaseCatherine M Bollard
Center for Gene and Cell Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, 6621 Fannin St, MC 3 3320, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Exp Med 200:1623-33. 2004..clearly identified tumor antigens derived from the virus and could, in principle, be a target for adoptive immunotherapy with viral antigen-specific T cells...
- Reprogramming T lymphocytes for melanoma adoptive immunotherapy by T-cell receptor gene transfer with lentiviral vectorsSara Bobisse
Department of Oncology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Cancer Res 69:9385-94. 2009..Overall, our results indicate that lentiviral vectors represent a valid tool for stable and high-intensity expression of transgenic TCR and support clinical exploitation of this approach for therapeutic application...
- Adoptive immunotherapy for pancreatic cancer using MUC1 peptide-pulsed dendritic cells and activated T lymphocytesHiroshi Kondo
Department of Digestive Surgery and Surgical Oncology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Anticancer Res 28:379-87. 2008..The clinical efficacy of immunotherapy using both dendritic cells pulsed with MUC1 peptide (MUC1-DC) and, cytotoxic T lymphocyte (CTL) sensitized with a pancreatic cancer, YPK-1, expressing MUC1 (MUC1-CTL) was evaluated...
- Complete remission of lung metastasis following adoptive immunotherapy using activated autologous gammadelta T-cells in a patient with renal cell carcinomaHirohito Kobayashi
Department of Urology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
Anticancer Res 30:575-9. 2010..gammadelta T-cells have recently attracted considerable attention in the development of novel cancer immunotherapy, and several different approaches have been designed and employed in clinical trials...
- Persistence of multiple tumor-specific T-cell clones is associated with complete tumor regression in a melanoma patient receiving adoptive cell transfer therapyJuhua Zhou
Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunother 28:53-62. 2005The authors recently reported that adoptive immunotherapy with autologous tumor-reactive tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) immediately following a conditioning nonmyeloablative chemotherapy regimen resulted in an enhanced clinical ..
- Immune therapy for cancerMichael Dougan
Department of Medical Oncology and Cancer Vaccine Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 27:83-117. 2009..The future of immune therapy for cancer is likely to combine many of these approaches to generate more effective treatments...
- Adoptive immunotherapy of cancer using ex vivo expanded human gammadelta T cells: A new approachPouneh Dokouhaki
Toronto General Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Canada
Cancer Lett 297:126-36. 2010gammadelta T cells can be an option for adoptive immunotherapy of cancer. The major obstacle to clinical application of gammadelta T cells is their low number and lack of a reliable method to expand them consistently and efficiently...
- Aurora-A kinase: a novel target of cellular immunotherapy for leukemiaToshiki Ochi
Department of Bioregulatory Medicine, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine, Toon, Ehime, Japan
Blood 113:66-74. 2009..Our results indicate that cellular immunotherapy targeting Aur-A is a promising strategy for treatment of leukemia...
- Graft-versus-leukemia effects of transplantation and donor lymphocytesHans Jochem Kolb
Department of Medicine 3, Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, University of Munich and Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen National Research Centre for Environmental Health, Munich, Germany
Blood 112:4371-83. 2008..Recently, we have learned from adoptive immunotherapy of viral diseases and HLA-haploidentical stem cell transplantation that T-cell memory may be essential for ..
- Generating CTLs against the subdominant Epstein-Barr virus LMP1 antigen for the adoptive immunotherapy of EBV-associated malignanciesStephen Gottschalk
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Texas Children s Cancer Center, Departments of Pediatrics, Medicine, and Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 101:1905-12. 2003..Thus, DeltaLMP1 expression in DCs is nontoxic and enables the generation of LMP1-specific CTLs for future adoptive immunotherapy protocols for patients with LMP1-positive malignancies such as EBV-positive Hodgkin disease...
- Adoptive immunotherapy induces CNS dendritic cell recruitment and antigen presentation during clearance of a persistent viral infectionHenning Lauterbach
Molecular and Integrative Neurosciences Department, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Exp Med 203:1963-75. 2006..Administration of exogenously derived pathogen-specific memory T cells (referred to as adoptive immunotherapy) to mice burdened with a persistent lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus (LCMV) infection from birth results ..
- Ex vivo induction and expansion of antigen-specific cytotoxic T cells by HLA-Ig-coated artificial antigen-presenting cellsMathias Oelke
Department of Pathology and Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nat Med 9:619-24. 2003b>Adoptive immunotherapy holds promise as a treatment for cancer and infectious diseases, but its development has been impeded by the lack of reproducible methods for generating therapeutic numbers of antigen-specific CD8(+) cytotoxic T ..
- The role of regulatory T cells in antigen-induced arthritis: aggravation of arthritis after depletion and amelioration after transfer of CD4+CD25+ T cellsOliver Frey
Institut fur Pathologie, Friedrich Schiller Universitat, Jena, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R291-301. 2005..However, transferred Treg cells appear to be unable to counteract established acute or chronic inflammation. This is of considerable importance for the timing of Treg cell transfer in potential therapeutic applications...
- Adoptive immunotherapy for pancreatic cancer: cytotoxic T lymphocytes stimulated by the MUC1-expressing human pancreatic cancer cell line YPK-1Toru Kawaoka
Department of Digestive Surgery and Surgical Oncology Department of Surgery II, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Oncol Rep 20:155-63. 2008..In this study, we performed adoptive immunotherapy (AIT) in patients with PC with CTLs stimulated by the MUC1-expressing human PC cell line YPK-1...
- Telomere length of transferred lymphocytes correlates with in vivo persistence and tumor regression in melanoma patients receiving cell transfer therapyJuhua Zhou
Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 175:7046-52. 2005Recent studies have indicated that adoptive immunotherapy with autologous antitumor tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) following nonmyeloablative chemotherapy mediates tumor regression in approximately 50% of treated patients with ..
- Zoledronate facilitates large-scale ex vivo expansion of functional gammadelta T cells from cancer patients for use in adoptive immunotherapyM Kondo
Department of Immunotherapeutics Medinet, University of Tokyo Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Cytotherapy 10:842-56. 2008..We tested whether gammadelta T cells from advanced cancer patients can be expanded by zoledronate...
- Adoptive immunotherapy of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis via T cell delivery of the IL-12 p40 subunitG L Costa
Division of Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Immunol 167:2379-87. 2001..we used the site-specific trafficking properties of autoantigen-reactive CD4+ T cells to develop an adoptive immunotherapy protocol that provided local delivery of a Th1 cytokine antagonist, the p40 subunit of IL-12...
- Long-lived antitumor CD8+ lymphocytes for adoptive therapy generated using an artificial antigen-presenting cellMarcus O Butler
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:1857-67. 2007..To overcome this, we sought to establish a clinical grade culture system that can reproducibly generate antigen-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTL)...
- Expansion of cytotoxic CD3+ CD56+ cells from peripheral blood progenitor cells of patients undergoing autologous hematopoietic cell transplantationJ C Alvarnas
Department of Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, California, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 7:216-22. 2001..CIK cells may be expanded from granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-mobilized PBPCs of patients undergoing autologous HCT. CIK cells may provide a potent tool for use in posttransplantation adoptive immunotherapy.
- Generation of cytokine-induced killer cells from leukaemic samples with in vitro cytotoxicity against autologous and allogeneic leukaemic blastsY C Linn
Department of Haematology, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Br J Haematol 116:78-86. 2002....
- Clinical-scale generation of human anti-Aspergillus T cells for adoptive immunotherapyL Tramsen
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Children s Hospital III, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 43:13-9. 2009..This method of generating is suitable for future prospective trials designed to evaluate the effect of adoptive immunotherapy in hematopoietic transplant recipients with invasive aspergillosis.
- Ex vivo culture with interleukin (IL)-12 improves CD8(+) T-cell adoptive immunotherapy for murine leukemia independent of IL-18 or IFN-gamma but requires perforinJennifer N Macgregor
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Cancer Res 66:4913-21. 2006..Ex vivo culture with IL-12 may improve CD8(+) T-cell immunotherapy of cancer in the absence of donor cell-derived IFN-gamma via perforin-mediated cytolysis...
- Phase I trial of adoptive immunotherapy with cytolytic T lymphocytes immunized against a tyrosinase epitopeMalcolm S Mitchell
Center for Biological Therapy and Melanoma Research, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:1075-86. 2002..To study distribution and toxicity of cytolytic T lymphocytes (CTLs) against a single melanoma epitope...
- Tissue prognostic markers for adoptive immunotherapy in melanomaGaelle Quereux
Unit of Skin Oncology, CHU, Place A Ricordeau, 44035 Nantes, France
Eur J Dermatol 17:295-301. 2007b>Adoptive immunotherapy for melanoma appears to be a promising approach. The aim of our study was to discuss the role of "tumour tissue" immunogenicity in response to adoptive immunotherapy...
- Differentiation of naive cord-blood T cells into CD19-specific cytolytic effectors for posttransplantation adoptive immunotherapyLisa Marie Serrano
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Pediatrics Research Unit 853, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 107:2643-52. 2006..approach to eliminating residual disease after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, adoptive immunotherapy after UCBT is constrained by the difficulty of generating antigen-specific T cells from functionally naive ..
- Adoptive cellular immunotherapy for EBV lymphoproliferative diseaseH E Heslop
Division of Bone Marrow Transplantation, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38103, USA
Immunol Rev 157:217-22. 1997..This approach is now being extended to other viruses that produce post-transplant morbidity and to other EBV-associated malignancies...
- Cell density plays a critical role in ex vivo expansion of T cells for adoptive immunotherapyQiangzhong Ma
Biotherapeutics Development Laboratory, Roger Williams Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Providence, RI 02908, USA
J Biomed Biotechnol 2010:386545. 2010The successful ex vivo expansion of a large numbers of T cells is a prerequisite for adoptive immunotherapy. In this study, we found that cell density had important effects on the process of expansion of T cells in vitro...
- Failed adoptive immunotherapy with tumor-specific T cells: reversal with low-dose interleukin 15 but not low-dose interleukin 2Sameek Roychowdhury
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Cancer Res 64:8062-7. 2004b>Adoptive immunotherapy with tumor-specific T cells has emerged as a valid approach for prevention or treatment of diseases, such as melanoma and EBV-associated lymphoma...
- Acquisition, preparation, and functional assessment of human NK cells for adoptive immunotherapyDean A Lee
Division of Pediatrics, Cell Therapy Section, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Methods Mol Biol 651:61-77. 2010..While many methods to study T-cell function and phenotype can also be applied to NK cells, this chapter addresses methods that are unique to the preparation and assessment of human NK cells for immunotherapy...
- Adoptive immunotherapy of CNS malignanciesG E Plautz
Department of Pediatrics, 333 Cedar Street LMP 4087, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520-8064, USA
Cancer Chemother Biol Response Modif 19:327-38. 2001..techniques, complete tumor eradication is extremely difficult to achieve, raising interest for T-cell adoptive immunotherapy. Conclusive experimental data generated by many investigators coupled with clinical experience have ..
- The Fas/Fas ligand pathway is important for optimal tumor regression in a mouse model of CTL adoptive immunotherapy of experimental CMS4 lung metastasesSheila A Caldwell
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 171:2402-12. 2003..whether a FasL-dependent CTL effector mechanism was important for optimal tumor regression in this adoptive immunotherapy model...
- [Clinical observation on adoptive immunotherapy with autologous cytokine-induced killer cells for advanced malignant tumor]Fu Xing Chen
Department of Central Laboratory, 97th Hospital of PLA, Xuzhou 221004, P R China
Ai Zheng 21:797-801. 2002..The current study was designed to evaluate the effect of adoptive transfer of autologous CIK cells on the patients with advanced malignant tumor...
- Expression of a tolerizing tumor antigen in peripheral tissue does not preclude recovery of high-affinity CD8+ T cells or CTL immunotherapy of tumors expressing the antigenC Ohlen
Department of Immunology and Division of Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Immunol 166:2863-70. 2001..T cells reactive with tumor-associated Ags can be recovered by repetitive in vitro stimulation and can mediate tumor therapy suggests strategies that use such Ags to generate CTL for adoptive immunotherapy should be further developed.
- Adoptive immunotherapy for EBV-associated malignanciesStephen Gottschalk
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Texas Children s Cancer Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 46:1-10. 2005..EBV proteins expressed in these malignancies provide targets for the adoptive immunotherapy with antigen-specific cytotoxic T cells (CTL) and EBV-specific CTL have been used successfully for the ..
- [Adoptive immunotherapy using MUC1--specific CTLs for unresectable pancreatic cancer]Toru Kawaoka
Department of Surgery II, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 64:279-82. 2006
- Retroviral transduction of human peripheral blood lymphocytes with Bcl-X(L) promotes in vitro lymphocyte survival in pro-apoptotic conditionsD Eaton
CRC Department of Medical Oncology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Gene Ther 9:527-35. 2002....
- Efficacy of IL-2- versus IL-15-stimulated CD8 T cells in adoptive immunotherapyKatja Mueller
Department of Immunology, Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, University of Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Immunol 38:2874-85. 2008....
- Increased intensity lymphodepletion and adoptive immunotherapy--how far can we go?Pawel Muranski
Clinical Research Center, National Institutes of Health, Room 3 5762, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 3:668-81. 2006..Here we review recent advances in adoptive immunotherapy of solid tumors and discuss the rationale for lymphodepleting conditioning...
- Antimelanoma activity of CTL generated from peripheral blood mononuclear cells after stimulation with autologous dendritic cells pulsed with melanoma gp100 peptide G209-2M is correlated to TCR aviditySixun Yang
Division of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Immunol 169:531-9. 2002..Successful immunotherapy may require selective expansion of the higher-avidity CTL and intratumor injection of the peptide may enhance the effect of peptide vaccines...
- Rejection of syngeneic colon carcinoma by CTLs expressing single-chain antibody receptors codelivering CD28 costimulationNicole M Haynes
Cancer Immunology Program, Sir Donald and Lady Trescowthick Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, St Andrew s Place, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Immunol 169:5780-6. 2002....
- Treatment of advanced gastric cancer by chemotherapy combined with autologous cytokine-induced killer cellsJingting Jiang
The Third Affiliated Hospital, Suzhou University, Changzhou 213003, China
Anticancer Res 26:2237-42. 2006..It is concluded that chemotherapy plus CIK cells has obvious benefits for patients who suffer from advanced gastric cancers...
- Adoptive immunotherapy against allogeneic kidney grafts in dogs with stable hematopoietic trichimerismScott S Graves
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1201-8. 2008..In this study, we used trichimeras to evaluate strategies for adoptive immunotherapy to solid tumors, using the kidney as a tumor surrogate...
- Use of 18F-FDG positron emission tomography following allogeneic transplantation to guide adoptive immunotherapy with donor lymphocyte infusionsD P Hart
Department of Haematology, University College London Hospital, London, UK
Br J Haematol 128:824-9. 2005..This retrospective pilot study forms the basis for a prospective study to clarify the utility of (18)F-FDG PET/CT in these patients...
- Fiber-modified adenoviruses generate subgroup cross-reactive, adenovirus-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes for therapeutic applicationsAnn M Leen
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Department of Pediatrics, 6621 Fannin S, MC 3 3320, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 103:1011-9. 2004..To date there is no therapy. The present study was motivated by the potential for using adoptive immunotherapy as either prophylaxis or treatment for Ad infections and associated diseases...
- Adoptive immunotherapy to increase the level of donor hematopoietic chimerism after nonmyeloablative marrow transplantation for severe canine hereditary hemolytic anemiaAlessandra Takatu
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:674-82. 2003..We conclude that DLI after nonmyeloablative HCT can increase the levels of donor cells contributing to hematopoiesis in recipients, inducing remissions of the hemolytic process and preventing complications associated with iron overload...
- Adoptive immunotherapy with antigen-specific T cells in myeloma: a model of tumor-specific donor lymphocyte infusionLarry W Kwak
Experimental Transplantation and Immunology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Semin Oncol 31:37-46. 2004..Donor immunization with myeloma idiotype protein in the setting of a nonmyeloablative SCT may represent a novel strategy for the treatment of myeloma...
- Adoptive immunotherapy in canine mixed chimeras after nonmyeloablative hematopoietic cell transplantationG E Georges
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Blood 95:3262-9. 2000..In the current study, we examined whether donor lymphocyte infusion (DLI) could be used as adoptive immunotherapy to convert mixed to complete donor chimerism...
- Manufacturing of large numbers of patient-specific T cells for adoptive immunotherapy: an approach to improving product safety, composition, and production capacityChy Anh Tran
Division of Hematology Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope National Medical Center and Beckman Research Institute, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
J Immunother 30:644-54. 2007..of patient-specific cell products to produce large numbers of T-lymphocytes in support of phase 2 adoptive immunotherapy trials for hematologic malignancies...
- Infusion of the allogeneic cell line NK-92 in patients with advanced renal cell cancer or melanoma: a phase I trialS Arai
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cytotherapy 10:625-32. 2008....
- Host lymphodepletion augments T cell adoptive immunotherapy through enhanced intratumoral proliferation of effector cellsLi Xin Wang
Center for Surgery Research, Division of Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cancer Res 65:9547-54. 2005T-cell adoptive immunotherapy for stringent murine tumor models, such as intracranial, s.c., or advanced pulmonary metastases, routinely uses lymphodepletive conditioning regimens before T-cell transfer, like recent clinical protocols...
- Exhaustion of cytotoxic T cells during adoptive immunotherapy of virus carrier mice can be prevented by B cells or CD4+ T cellsLukas Hunziker
Institute of Experimental Immunology, Department of Pathology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 32:374-82. 2002..of antiviral CTL after transfusion into persistently infected individuals is a serious limitation of adoptive immunotherapy protocols...
- Immune and clinical responses in patients with metastatic melanoma to CD34(+) progenitor-derived dendritic cell vaccineJ Banchereau
Baylor Institute for Immunology Research, Dallas, Texas 75204, USA
Cancer Res 61:6451-8. 2001..Regression of >1 tumor metastases were observed in seven of these patients. The overall immunity to MelAgs after DC vaccination is associated with clinical outcome (P = 0.015)...
- Adoptive immunotherapy mediated by ex vivo expanded natural killer T cells against CD1d-expressing lymphoid neoplasmsDavide Bagnara
Human Anatomy Section, Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Haematologica 94:967-74. 2009..Alpha-galactosylceramide (alpha-GalCer) is a glycolipid that can be presented to cytotoxic CD1d-restricted T cells. These reagents represent a potentially powerful tool for cell mediated immunotherapy...
- Schizophrenia and other mental disorders require long-term adoptive immunotherapyRudolf Wank
Institute of Immunology, Klinikum Innenstadt, University of Munich, Goethestrasse 31, 80336 Munich, Germany
Med Hypotheses 59:154-8. 2002..R. Lewis, S.J. Wiegand, R.M. Lindsay, Pharmacol. Biochem. Be 56 (1997) 131-137]. The hypothesis that adoptive immunotherapy is effective in psychiatric disorders will be supported by three case reports, in a patient with bipolar ..
- Generation of autologous Epstein-Barr virus-specific cytotoxic T cells for adoptive immunotherapy in solid organ transplant recipientsB Savoldo
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Transplantation 72:1078-86. 2001..b>Adoptive immunotherapy may have therapeutic potential in this setting, but there is little experience in generating autologous ..
- Immunologic self-tolerance maintained by activated T cells expressing IL-2 receptor alpha-chains (CD25). Breakdown of a single mechanism of self-tolerance causes various autoimmune diseasesS Sakaguchi
Precursory Research for Embryonic Science and Technology PRESTO, Research and Development Corporation of Japan JRDC, Tsukuba Life Science Center
J Immunol 155:1151-64. 1995..Abnormality of this T cell-mediated mechanism of peripheral tolerance can be a possible cause of various autoimmune diseases...
- Next generation adoptive immunotherapy--human T cells as carriers of therapeutic nanoparticlesM W Mortensen
Nano Science Center, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 5, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:4575-80. 2007An important step in adoptive immunotherapy in general and specifically with respect to cancer treatment is the initiation of an inflammatory T cell response at the tumor site...
- Personalized Clinical Diagnostics and Beyond: Integrated Ring Resonator ArraysRyan Bailey; Fiscal Year: 2009..This technology promises to broadly impact the landscape of the biomedical sciences, both meeting the clinical diagnostic challenges of today and pioneering the paradigm-shifting discoveries of tomorrow. ..
- Transgenesis and XenotransplantationJorge A Piedrahita; Fiscal Year: 2013..They can be used to study adoptive immunotherapy, normal and abnormal immune system development and function, study development and treatment for diseases ..
- Moffitt Skin Cancer SPOREJeffrey S Weber; Fiscal Year: 2013..Project 1 will pave the way for larger randomized phase II or phase III trials of adoptive immunotherapy with tumor infiltrating lymphocytes to support the inclusion of BRAF agents with this promising therapy, ..
- Optimization of adoptive immunotherapy with autologous CD20-specific T cellsBrian Till; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Optimization of adoptive immunotherapy with autologous CD20-specific T cells Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is diagnosed in more than 70,000 Americans each year, and aggressive B-cell lymphomas comprise ..
- Analyzing the Efficacy of Galectin-1 Ligand Inhibition in Adoptive T cell TherapyJENNA GEDDES SWEENEY; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus, blocking Gal-1-Gal-1 ligand interactions on antigen-specific CTLs, prior to adoptive immunotherapy, could help avoid current shortcomings, such as T cell susceptibility to tumor-derived Gal-1, thereby ..
- CELLULAR MECHANISMS OF PTLD IN TRANSPLANT RECIPIENTSOlivia M Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus, studies that identify and define novel targets for inhibiting tumor growth could lead to new diagnostic and therapeutic agents for prevention of this devastating disease. ..
- Phase 1 Study of Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived T Cells in Malignant B CellsElizabeth J Shpall; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal seeks to apply this adoptive immunotherapy to prevent relapse after allogeneic umbilical cord blood transplantation in the setting of a first-in-..
- SPORE in Skin CancerMeenhard Herlyn; Fiscal Year: 2009..against human melanoma, leading to the identification of novel antigens for vaccine trials and "optimized" adoptive immunotherapy (Project 4). The Wistar/Penn SPORE addresses the most aggressive cancers of the skin...
- CD8+ T Cell Immunity to CytomegalovirusStanley R Riddell; Fiscal Year: 2013..by this project have investigated the immunobiology of CMV infection and developed strategies for specific adoptive immunotherapy with CD8+ T cell clones to correct deficiencies of T cell immunity that permit the progression of CMV ..
- SPORE in LymphomaRichard Ambinder; Fiscal Year: 2009..decisions regarding the duration or intensity of therapy and to determine whether vaccination and/or adoptive immunotherapy strategies may ultimately allow standard therapies to be shortened or de-escalated in some patients...
- Targeting MCPyV to Overcome Immune Evasion in Merkel Cell CarcinomaPaul Nghiem; Fiscal Year: 2010..the immune evasion strategies adopted by MCC and begin the process of developing rational vaccine or adoptive immunotherapy for this disease...
- Development & Characterization of Tyrosinase Epitope Specific TCR Transgenic MiceShikhar Mehrotra; Fiscal Year: 2010..Successful completion of this proposal would provide us information about the feasibility of using this TIL1383i TCR in T cell adoptive immunotherapy protocols.
- A10Tg mice, a model of MDSC development and function in a tumor free environmentSHEINEI JAMAL SALEEM; Fiscal Year: 2012..that A10Tg mice are highly susceptible to metastasis and exhibit minimal response to melanoma-directed Adoptive Immunotherapy (AIT) compared to littermate controls...
- Immunotherapy of breast cancer with T cells sensitized by cancer stem-like cellsLi Xin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..demonstrated that neu-N mice develop IgG molecules which recognize neu-negative BCSCs following T cell adoptive immunotherapy of primary tumors, whereas pre-treatment serum is non-reactive...
- Novel Biologic Therapies for BMT: Mechanistic Evaluation in Rhesus MacaquesLeslie S Kean; Fiscal Year: 2013..1) most novel therapies for BMT (including T cell costimulation blockade, T cell adhesion blockade and adoptive immunotherapy with regulatory T cells) cannot be accurately tested in either murine or canine models for aGvHD and (2) ..
- Immune Regulation of Neuronal Injury and RepairKATHRYN JANE JONES; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, adoptive immunotherapy with either neuroprotective FNA-specific T cells or APC into SOD1 mice will be done prior to disease onset,..
- TREATMENT OF AUTOIMMUNITY WITH REGULATORY T LYMPHOCYTESTerrence L Geiger; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Adoptive immunotherapy with Foxp3+ Treg therefore holds promise in the selective treatment of autoimmune conditions...
- Novel Cellular Therapies for Ph+ leukemiaRICHARD A contact VAN ETTEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..well- characterized mouse model of CML and Ph+ B-ALL to determine the efficacy and cellular mechanisms of adoptive immunotherapy with allogeneic T-lymphocytes or natural killer (NK) cells...
- Leukocyte-Endothelial Adhesion in Tumor ImmunitySharon S Evans; Fiscal Year: 2013..molecules (adhesion receptors, chemokines) that recruit T cells in a murine B16 melanoma model of adoptive immunotherapy. Complementary in situ imaging studies will investigate the contribution of endogenous human IL-6 in ..
- Targeting Novel T Cell Antigens on Renal Cell CarcinomaScott S Tykodi; Fiscal Year: 2010..pilot studies of reduced intensity allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) as a novel form of adoptive immunotherapy for metastatic RCC have reported partial or complete tumor responses in a subset of patients treated in ..
- Maximizing Memory T Cell Responses by Matured Post Chemotherapy Dendritic CellsMark P Rubinstein; Fiscal Year: 2012..responses against cancer, representing a novel mechanism underlying the beneficial effects of this drug to adoptive immunotherapy. Further analysis of our observation would open new avenues for the rationale applications of anti-cancer ..
- Adoptive Transfer of AlloCTL for Immunotherapy of Recurrent GliomasLinda M Liau; Fiscal Year: 2013..Toward these goals, we have actively explored permutations of local adoptive immunotherapy for human malignant gliomas with autologous and allogeneic effector cells...
- TCR Engineered CD4 Cells as Helpers in Tumor ImmunityBijay Mukherji; Fiscal Year: 2012Active specific and adoptive immunotherapy for cancer centering on cytolytic T lymphocyte (CTL) response have shown encouraging results...
- CD8+ T Cell-Mediated Immunotherapy of Autochthonous SV40 T Antigen-Induced TumorsTodd D Schell; Fiscal Year: 2013..The hypothesis driving this study is that the effectiveness of T cell- based adoptive immunotherapy of cancer will vary with the distinct histological origin of the tumor and the CD8+ T cell epitope ..
- Phase I/II Randomized Tiral of Adoptive Lymphocyte Transfer in Ovarian CancerGeorge Coukos; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent breakthroughs have fostered optimism that the promise of adoptive immunotherapy can now be materialized at a large scale...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF CD8, MHC CLASS I INTERACTIONPaula B Kavathas; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Cellular Control: Synthetic Signaling/Motility (RMI)Wendell A Lim; Fiscal Year: 2013..Current data from adoptive immunotherapy clinical trials, however, indicates that such engineered cells, while potent in their anti-cancer effects, ..
- Immunobioogy for Marrow Allografts for LeukemiaRICHARD JOHN O'REILLY; Fiscal Year: 2013..TCRs or chimeric antigen receptors specific for WT1/HLA complexes and new heteroclitic vaccines for adoptive immunotherapy of WT-1+ leukemias, Project 6 proposes 6 clinical trials testing new conditioning and both T-cell depleted ..
- Regulatory T-Cells and Chronic ColitisMatthew B Grisham; Fiscal Year: 2011..If Treg-based adoptive immunotherapy is to become a viable therapeutic approach for the treatment of CD (or ulcerative colitis), then it is ..
- Adoptive Immunotherapy of Cancer with IL-12 Secreting Tumor-Targeted T cellsRENIER JOSEPH BRENTJENS; Fiscal Year: 2013..to provide the rationale of utilizing IL-12 secreting tumor targeted T cells in future clinical trials of adoptive immunotherapy in patients with both hematologic and solid tumor malignancies...
- Biophysical analysis of T-cell discrimination among classes of self-ligandsMichelle Krogsgaard; Fiscal Year: 2010..high-affinity TCR or CD8 molecules that when transferred into CD8+ T-cells could be used for effective adoptive immunotherapy transfer therapies and still retain specificity...
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of NK cell suppressionYasmina Laouar; Fiscal Year: 2013..mechanisms controlling NK cell dynamics as a prerequisite to the development of successful NK-cell based adoptive immunotherapy. Although the collective efforts, accumulated for the last 20 years, resulted in the identification of key ..
- Nanomedicine development center for mechanobiologyMICHAEL LORAN DUSTIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Adoptive immunotherapy overcomes many obstacles that limit vaccine strategies, by adoptively transferring T cells with controlled ..
- Adoptive Transfer of Donor Tregs Specific Against Host Alloantigens for PresentioClaudio Anasetti; Fiscal Year: 2013..The objective of this application is to conduct a first-in-human Phase I adoptive immunotherapy trial of allo-specific Tregs for GVHD prevention after HLA- identical sibling HSCT...
- DC Vaccination to Enhance Adoptive T Cell TransferPatrick Hwu; Fiscal Year: 2010..proposal are to acquire knowledge about the influence of DCs on ACT and to use this information to improve adoptive immunotherapy of patients with metastatic cancer...
- Generation of Highly Avid Anti-Tumor CTL for Optimal Adoptive ImmunotherapyNaoto Hirano; Fiscal Year: 2013..Since cancer treatment with these cells has demonstrated promising results in recent clinical trials, we propose to further improve this system to produce stronger cancer-fighting cells that can attack cancer more effectively. ..
- Adoptive Immunotherapy for GBM During Hematopoietic Recovery from TemozolomideDuane Anthony Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2012..Improved therapy for cancer has significant potential to improve public health and quality of life for patients affected by malignant disease. ..
- Defining the role of T-bet and Eomes in CD8 T cell tolerance versus immunitySTEPHANIE RENAE JACKSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Survival of tumor-bearing hosts will be used as a readout for therapeutic efficacy of adoptive immunotherapy with CD8+ T cells rendered genetically unable to express T-bet, Eomes or both;or T cells with constitutive ..
- Enhancing T-Cell Responses with the Glutathione Mimetic NOV-002 in Breast CancerALBERTO JOSE MONTERO; Fiscal Year: 2013..the suppressive effect of myeloid suppressor cells (MDSC) on T-cells and potentiates the effect of adoptive immunotherapy in vivo...
- Adoptive T Cell Therapy Following CD25 LymphodepletionCassian Yee; Fiscal Year: 2010..Assess the safety and anti-tumor efficacy of cellular adoptive immunotherapy in melanoma patients using autologous CD8+ antigen-specific T cell clones following CD25 lymphodepletion 2...
- Enhancing CD8 T Cell Function by Abrogating Inhibition by Regulatory ProteinsJoseph N Blattman; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Adoptive immunotherapy with large numbers of in vitro expanded antigen-specific CDS T cells has the potential to become a novel and safe treatment modality for cancer or viral infections, but efficacy is often limited...
- Synthetic immunoreceptor systems for combinatorial tumor antigen detectionChia Yung Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): In adoptive immunotherapy, immune cells isolated from patients can be engrafted with synthetic proteins that enable the cells to perform therapeutic functions, such as destroying tumor cells...
- Optimized ex vivo expansion of anti-tumor Th1 and Tc1 for adoptive immunotherapyMary L Disis; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will also assess whether these culture methods increase epitope spreading. ..
- A Universal Approach to Personalized Adoptive T cell Therapy of CancerDaniel J Powell; Fiscal Year: 2013..of non-MHC-restricted antigen-specific T cells has clear and significant clinical implications for adoptive immunotherapy of cancer and chronic viral infection...
- Immuno/Immuno-Gene Therapies for Thoracic MalignanciesSTEVEN MARK ALBELDA; Fiscal Year: 2013..2 (Preclinical Studies) and Project 3 (Genetically Modified T cells) will continue to develop and optimize adoptive immunotherapy for mesothelioma using genetically modified lymphocytes expressing chimeric antigen receptors (CARs)...
- CD8 T Cells in Rheumatoid ArthritisCornelia M Weyand; Fiscal Year: 2010..CD8+CD28~CD56+ T suppressor cells inhibit rheumatoid synovitis and how they can be developed into a novel adoptive immunotherapy for this crippling disease Exploiting the preclinical model of human synovium-NOD-SCID chimeras we have ..
- Strategies to Enhance Lymphoid Recovery After Radiation-Induced InjuryMarcel R m van den Brink; Fiscal Year: 2012..mouse models of radiation-induced injury to analyze the effects of KGF and IL-7 administration, as well as adoptive immunotherapy with ex vivo generated allogeneic lymphoid precursors...
- TCR Gene Modified T Cells for Adoptive ImmunotherapyMichael I Nishimura; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- DF/HCC Kidney Cancer SPOREDavid McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pathway in RCC: Mechanism of Action and Opportunities for Rational Combination Therapy;and 5) Adoptive Immunotherapy for Renal Carcinoma Using Dendritic Cell/tumor Fusions. These projects are integrated by three cores...
- Homeostatic proliferation and regulatory T cell depletion as cancer immunotherapyJustin P Kline; Fiscal Year: 2012..In a murine adoptive immunotherapy model, Dr...
- Genetic Approaches to Cancer ImmunotherapyMichel Sadelain; Fiscal Year: 2012..Artificial antigen presentation to sensitize virus-specific T cells for adoptive immunotherapy;2. Genetic approaches to immune adjuvants;3...
- Immune surveillance in murine gammaherpesvirus infectionEdward J Usherwood; Fiscal Year: 2013..At present there are very limited treatment options, and those that are available, such as adoptive immunotherapy, are very expensive and difficult to perform outside of specialist centers...
- Stability and potency of LAP+FOXP3+Tregs as novel cell therapy for GVHDDAT QUOC TRAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..method to expand, isolate and characterize a highly purified Treg population of sufficient number for adoptive immunotherapy. To further develop on our established method for isolation of large quantity of highly purified Tregs ..
- Mid-career investigator award in allogeneic adoptive immunotherapyDavid Porter; Fiscal Year: 2010..to clinical transplantation therapy and unite the group into a premier translational research program in adoptive immunotherapy. This will provide an ideal framework to train the next generation of leading clinical investigators, be ..
- Exploiting dual-TCR for rescue of CD8 T cell tolerance in adoptive immunotherapyRyan M Teague; Fiscal Year: 2013..goal is to explore strategies aimed at understanding and overcoming T cell tolerance as a way to improve adoptive immunotherapy for cancer and chronic viral infections...
- T and B cell Activation of Cancer ImmunotherapyAlfred Chang; Fiscal Year: 2009..These methodologies have been used in several clinical trials of adoptive immunotherapy. During this past funding period, we identified that activated B cells derived from TDLN possess antitumor ..
- Tailored antigen specificity for personalized adoptive T cell therapy of cancerDaniel J Powell; Fiscal Year: 2012..of non-MHC-restricted antigen-specific T cells has clear and significant clinical implications for adoptive immunotherapy of cancer and chronic viral infection...
- RENAL CELL CARCINOMA--ADOPTIVE IMMUNOTHERAPYKURT STENZEL; Fiscal Year: 1990..Methodology and feasibility for on-line activation of lymphoid cells for adoptive immunotherapy will be investigated using a murine tumor model.
- Adoptive T cell Therapy for Patients with NY-ESO-1 Expressing SarcomasSeth M Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2013..By serving as PI for this trial, the candidate will gain experiece in conducting an adoptive immunotherapy trial, and gain experience collecting and analyzing data from this trial...
- ADULT LEUKEMIA RESEARCH CENTERFrederick Appelbaum; Fiscal Year: 2013..2. Nonmyeloablative Hematopoietic Cell Allotransplants. 3. Specific Adoptive Immunotherapy of Myeloid Malignancy. 4. Targeting T Cell Reactivity for Leukemia Eradication...
- Use of aAPC for Melanoma Adoptive ImmunotherapyJonathan P Schneck; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): While adoptive immunotherapy is a promising treatment for a variety of cancers, progress has been impeded by the lack of a reproducible and economical method for generating therapeutic numbers of ..
- Molecular studies of T cell clones for adoptive therapyJulian A Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010..tumor-specific T cells which can be identified by CDR3 gene sequencing and expanded for use in adoptive immunotherapy". In order to test our hypothesis, we propose the following: Specific aim 1)...
- CELLULAR IMMUNOTHERAPY FOR HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCYJohn Levine; Fiscal Year: 2006..The candidate proposes a strategy of a low intensity conditioned transplant followed by prophylactic adoptive immunotherapy as a means of preventing relapse through GVL while minimizing risk of GVHD or regimen-related toxicity. Dr...
- DEVELOPING T CELLS CLONES CYTOTOXIC TO SARCOMASMichael Mastrangelo; Fiscal Year: 1990..The ultimate goal of this proposal is development of a more effective, safer, specific adoptive immunotherapy regimen for sarcoma patients through improved understanding of the immunobiology of the disease and of the ..
- IMMUNOTHERAPY OF MELANOMA WITH ACTIVATED LYMPHOCYTESSTANLEY LEONG; Fiscal Year: 2000..and to activate and expand these pre-effector cells in vitro to become anti-tumor effector cells for adoptive immunotherapy. The specific aims are: (1) to study the immune response of patients undergoing T cell immunotherapy; (2) ..
- IMMUNE RESPONSE TO GENE MODIFIED TUMORBernard Fox; Fiscal Year: 1999..cytokine response is critical to the generation of critical to the generation of therapeutic T cells for adoptive immunotherapy. To test these hypothesis, it is essential that the immune response of patients to vaccination by ..
- CTLA-4 Blockade in Allo Stem Cell TransplantationEdward Ball; Fiscal Year: 2005..There exists considerable evidence that adoptive immunotherapy in the form of a donor T-cell mediated graft-versus-malignancy (GVM) is an important component of the ..
- CHRONIC LYMPHOCYTIC LEUKEMIA RESEARCH CONSORTIUMThomas Kipps; Fiscal Year: 1999..Project 4 (Gribben PI) examines the potential for autologous or allogeneic adoptive immunotherapy of CLL...
- Universal MUC1 Targeted ImmunotherapyRimas Orentas; Fiscal Year: 2009..in transduced immune cells, and the target itself are unique with respect to the standard means by which adoptive immunotherapy is proposed for treating cancer. The MUC1-specific TCR identified by Dr...
- EVALUATION OF ADOPTIVE T CELL THERAPY FOR HIVDEBORAH LEWINSOHN; Fiscal Year: 2002..In conjunction with others in the laboratory, I have evaluated adoptive immunotherapy of HIV infection with in vitro expanded, autologous, gene-modified HIV- specific CD8+ CTL clones to ..
- Lentiviral Vectors for TCR Immunotherapy Targeted to melanomaBoro Dropulic; Fiscal Year: 2006..Lentigen's collaborator Dr. Michael Nishimura has helped pioneer adoptive immunotherapy as a potential therapeutic approach for melanoma...