Genomes and Genes
nucleic acid amplification techniques
Summary: Laboratory techniques that involve the in-vitro synthesis of many copies of DNA or RNA from one original template.
Publications288 found, 100 shown here
- Loop-mediated isothermal amplification of DNAT Notomi
Eiken Chemical Co Ltd, 1381 3 Shimoishigami, Ohtawara, Tochigi 324 0036, Japan, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 28:E63. 2000..Because LAMP recognizes the target by six distinct sequences initially and by four distinct sequences afterwards, it is expected to amplify the target sequence with high selectivity...
- Amplification-free Illumina sequencing-library preparation facilitates improved mapping and assembly of (G+C)-biased genomesIwanka Kozarewa
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
Nat Methods 6:291-5. 2009..We illustrate this by generating and analyzing DNA sequences from extremely (G+C)-poor (Plasmodium falciparum), (G+C)-neutral (Escherichia coli) and (G+C)-rich (Bordetella pertussis) genomes...
- Detection of loop-mediated isothermal amplification reaction by turbidity derived from magnesium pyrophosphate formationY Mori
Eiken Chemical Company, Ltd, 1381 3 Shimoishigami, Ohtawara, Tochigi 324 0036, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 289:150-4. 2001....
- Rapid amplification of plasmid and phage DNA using Phi 29 DNA polymerase and multiply-primed rolling circle amplificationF B Dean
Molecular Staging, Inc, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Genome Res 11:1095-9. 2001..Amplified products can also be used for in vitro cloning, library construction, and other molecular biology applications...
- Loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) of gene sequences and simple visual detection of productsNorihiro Tomita
Eiken Chemical Co, Ltd, Biochemical Research Laboratory, 1381 3 Shimoishigami, Ohtawara, Tochigi 324 0036, Japan
Nat Protoc 3:877-82. 2008..This detection method should be helpful in basic research on medicine and pharmacy, environmental hygiene, point-of-care testing and more...
- Accelerated reaction by loop-mediated isothermal amplification using loop primersK Nagamine
Eiken Chemical Co Ltd 1381 3 Shimoishigami, Ohtawara, Tochigi 324 0036, Japan
Mol Cell Probes 16:223-9. 2002..Since the total time of analysis including detection is less than 1h, this new method should facilitate genetic analysis, including genetic diagnosis in the clinical laboratory...
- DNA detection using recombination proteinsOlaf Piepenburg
ASM Scientific Ltd, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Biol 4:e204. 2006..This unique combination of properties is a significant advance in the development of portable and widely accessible nucleic acid-based tests...
- Evaluation of the analytical performance of the Xpert MTB/RIF assayRobert Blakemore
Division of Infectious Disease, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
J Clin Microbiol 48:2495-501. 2010..M. tuberculosis was not detected until at least 10(8) copies of an MTBDRplus amplicon were spiked into 1 ml of sputum, suggesting that false-positive results would be unlikely to occur...
- Mechanism of chimera formation during the Multiple Displacement Amplification reactionRoger S Lasken
J Craig Venter Institute, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
BMC Biotechnol 7:19. 2007..Determining the source of the DNA rearrangements would be an important step towards reducing or eliminating them...
- Sequencing genomes from single cells by polymerase cloningKun Zhang
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Biotechnol 24:680-6. 2006..Polymerase cloning should provide a critical tool for systematic characterization of genome diversity in the biosphere...
- Point-of-care nucleic acid testing for infectious diseasesAngelika Niemz
Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences, 535 Watson Drive, Claremont, CA 91711, USA
Trends Biotechnol 29:240-50. 2011..It briefly discusses selected applications related to the diagnosis and management of tuberculosis, HIV, and perinatal and nosocomial infections...
- Detection of four Plasmodium species by genus- and species-specific loop-mediated isothermal amplification for clinical diagnosisEun Taek Han
Cell Free Science and Technology Research Center, Ehime University, Matsuyama, Ehime 790 8577, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 45:2521-8. 2007....
- Loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP): a rapid, accurate, and cost-effective diagnostic method for infectious diseasesYasuyoshi Mori
Biochemical Research Laboratory, Research and Development Division, Eiken Chemical Co, Ltd, 1381 3 Shimoishigami, Ohtawara, Tochigi, 324 0036, Japan
J Infect Chemother 15:62-9. 2009..This review will describe the historical, current, and future developments of such technologies...
- Isothermal amplification using a chemical heating device for point-of-care detection of HIV-1Kelly A Curtis
Laboratory Branch, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV AIDS, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e31432. 2012....
- A simple, inexpensive device for nucleic acid amplification without electricity-toward instrument-free molecular diagnostics in low-resource settingsPaul LaBarre
PATH, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19738. 2011..One of the primary barriers to the practicality and availability of NA assays in LRS has been the complexity and power requirements of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) instrumentation (another is sample preparation)...
- Tolerance of loop-mediated isothermal amplification to a culture medium and biological substancesHisatoshi Kaneko
Department of Microbiology, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, 1 Hikarigaoka, Fukushima, 960 1295, Japan
J Biochem Biophys Methods 70:499-501. 2007..The sensitivity of LAMP was less affected by the various components of the clinical samples than was polymerase chain reaction (PCR); therefore, DNA purification from samples could be omitted...
- Whole genome amplification and de novo assembly of single bacterial cellsSebastien Rodrigue
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e6864. 2009..We used the marine cyanobacterium Prochlorococcus as a model system for addressing important challenges facing high-throughput whole genome amplification (WGA) and complete genome sequencing of individual cells...
- Colorimetric detection of loop-mediated isothermal amplification reaction by using hydroxy naphthol blueMotoki Goto
Section of Animal Research, Center for Disease Biology and Integrative Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Biotechniques 46:167-72. 2009..The colorimetric LAMP method using HNB would be helpful for high-throughput DNA and RNA detection...
- A procedure for highly specific, sensitive, and unbiased whole-genome amplificationXinghua Pan
Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8005, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:15499-504. 2008..This procedure facilitates genomic analysis with single cells or other traces of DNA, and generates products suitable for analysis by massively parallel sequencing as well as microarray hybridization...
- Operational feasibility of using loop-mediated isothermal amplification for diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in microscopy centers of developing countriesCatharina C Boehme
Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics, 1216 Cointrin, Switzerland
J Clin Microbiol 45:1936-40. 2007..Technicians with no prior molecular experience easily performed the assay after 1 week of training, and opportunities for further simplification of the assay were identified...
- Mutation detection and single-molecule counting using isothermal rolling-circle amplificationP M Lizardi
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Nat Genet 19:225-32. 1998..RCA also shows promise for the detection of padlock probes bound to single-copy genes in cytological preparations...
- Transcriptional maps of 10 human chromosomes at 5-nucleotide resolutionJill Cheng
Affymetrix Inc, Santa Clara, CA 95051, USA
Science 308:1149-54. 2005..This organization has important implications for interpreting genotype-phenotype associations, regulation of gene expression, and the definition of a gene...
- Deciphering human immunodeficiency virus type 1 transmission and early envelope diversification by single-genome amplification and sequencingJesus F Salazar-Gonzalez
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 720 20th Street South, Kaul 816, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Virol 82:3952-70. 2008....
- Accurate single cell 24 chromosome aneuploidy screening using whole genome amplification and single nucleotide polymorphism microarraysNathan R Treff
Reproductive Medicine Associates of New Jersey, Morristown, New Jersey 07960, USA
Fertil Steril 94:2017-21. 2010..To develop and validate a whole genome amplification and single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) microarray protocol for accurate single cell 24 chromosome aneuploidy screening...
- Mitochondrial DNA targets increase sensitivity of malaria detection using loop-mediated isothermal amplificationSpencer D Polley
Department of Clinical Parasitology, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, London Hospitals University College NHS Foundation Trust, Mortimer Market, Capper Street, London WC1E 6JB, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 48:2866-71. 2010....
- The cost effectiveness of Nucleic Acid Amplification Techniques for the diagnosis of tuberculosisRalph Hughes
National Clinical Guidelines Centre, 180 Great Portland Street, London W1W 5QZ, UK
Respir Med 106:300-7. 2012..This analysis therefore comprehensively evaluated the cost effectiveness of currently available diagnostic strategies for routine diagnosis of TB in the NHS...
- Women find it easy and prefer to collect their own vaginal swabs to diagnose Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae infectionsMax A Chernesky
St Joseph s Healthcare, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Sex Transm Dis 32:729-33. 2005..We surveyed women's opinions on ease and preferences as to sampling after collecting their own vaginal swab and urine and a physician collection of vaginal swab and cervical swab...
- A simple and rapid method for detection of Goose Parvovirus in the field by loop-mediated isothermal amplificationJinlong Yang
Chongqing Academy of Animal Science, Chongqing 402460, Chongqing, China
Virol J 7:14. 2010..The objective of this study is to develop a loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) method for the sensitive, rapid, and inexpensive detection of GPV in the field...
- One-step nucleic acid amplification-a molecular method for the detection of lymph node metastases in breast cancer patients; results of the German study groupChristian Schem
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Clinic of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Michaelisstr 16, 24105, Kiel, Germany
Virchows Arch 454:203-10. 2009..5%, 100%, and 95.6%, respectively, after discordant case investigation. Our results show that OSNA is an excellent method for the detection of metastases in lymph nodes and can be applied as an intraoperative diagnostic approach...
- Loop-mediated isothermal amplification method targeting the lytA gene for detection of Streptococcus pneumoniaeMitsuko Seki
Department of Oral Health Sciences, Nihon University School of Dentistry, 1 8 13 Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 8310, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 43:1581-6. 2005..pneumoniae. The detection of S. pneumoniae in clinical isolates was more selective using the LAMP method than using conventional PCR. Therefore, LAMP appears to be a sensitive and reliable means of diagnosing S. pneumoniae infection...
- An isothermal amplification reactor with an integrated isolation membrane for point-of-care detection of infectious diseasesChangchun Liu
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104 6315, USA
Analyst 136:2069-76. 2011..The cassette can be readily modified to detect nucleic acids associated with other pathogens borne in saliva, urine, and other body fluids as well as in water and food...
- Optimization of turn-back primers in isothermal amplificationYasumasa Kimura
RIKEN Omics Science Center OSC, RIKEN Yokohama Institute, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 230 0045, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 39:e59. 2011..Our computer script is freely available at: http://gerg.gsc.riken.jp/TP_optimization/...
- A novel single cDNA amplicon pyrosequencing method for high-throughput, cost-effective sequence-based HLA class I genotypingSimon M Lank
Wisconsin National Primate Research Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Hum Immunol 71:1011-7. 2010..Unprecedented typing throughput results from a novel single cDNA-PCR amplicon strategy requiring only 1 PCR amplification per sample. This method dramatically reduces cost for genotyping of large cohorts...
- Unbiased whole-genome amplification directly from clinical samplesSeiyu Hosono
Molecular Staging, Inc, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Genome Res 13:954-64. 2003..The low amplification bias of MDA represents a dramatic technical improvement in the ability to amplify a whole genome compared with older, PCR-based methods...
- Novel approaches toward preferential detection of viable cells using nucleic acid amplification techniquesAndreas Nocker
Center for Biofilm Engineering, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 291:137-42. 2009..This preferential detection of microorganisms with certain metabolic capabilities is referred to as 'molecular enrichment' in distinction to 'growth enrichment'...
- One-step nucleic acid amplification for intraoperative detection of lymph node metastasis in breast cancer patientsMasahiko Tsujimoto
Department of Pathology, Osaka Police Hospital, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 13:4807-16. 2007..The purpose of this study is to develop a more efficient method for intraoperative detection of lymph node metastasis...
- Intra-operative rapid diagnostic method based on CK19 mRNA expression for the detection of lymph node metastases in breast cancerMike Visser
Department of Pathology, VU Medical Center Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 122:2562-7. 2008..7% before and 97.1% after discordant case investigation. Our results indicate that OSNA-CK19 can potentially be useful in an intra-operative clinical setting to detect SN tumor involvement in breast cancer patients...
- Rapid detection and differentiation of dengue virus serotypes by a real-time reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification assayManmohan Parida
Department of Virology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University, 1 12 4 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8523, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 43:2895-903. 2005..These findings demonstrate that RT-LAMP assay has the potential clinical application for detection and differentiation of dengue virus serotypes, especially in developing countries...
- Robustness of a loop-mediated isothermal amplification reaction for diagnostic applicationsPatrice Francois
Genomic Research Laboratory, University Hospitals of Geneva, Service of Infectious Diseases, Geneva, Switzerland
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 62:41-8. 2011..Our results demonstrate that LAMP is not only easy to use, but is also a very robust, innovative and powerful molecular diagnostic method for both industrialized and developing countries...
- Rapid diagnosis of herpes simplex virus infection by a loop-mediated isothermal amplification methodYoshihiko Enomoto
Department of Pediatrics, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Japan 4701192
J Clin Microbiol 43:951-5. 2005..HSV-2 was isolated from all of the samples and visualized by either agarose gel electrophoresis or turbidity assay...
- Cell-free cloning using phi29 DNA polymeraseClyde A Hutchison
Synthetic Biology Group, The J Craig Venter Institute, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:17332-6. 2005..These include environmental DNA samples that have proven difficult to clone and synthetic genes encoding toxic products. The method may also speed genome sequencing by eliminating the need for biological cloning...
- Whole-genome multiple displacement amplification from single cellsClaudia Spits
Research Centre Reproduction and Genetics, Academisch Ziekenhuis, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, 1090, Belgium
Nat Protoc 1:1965-70. 2006..The whole procedure takes 3 h and generates 1-2 microg of DNA from a single cell, which is suitable for multiple downstream applications, such as sequencing, short tandem repeat analysis or array comparative genomic hybridization...
- Novel reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification for rapid detection of foot-and-mouth disease virusJ P Dukes
Institute for Animal Health, Pirbright Laboratory, Pirbright, UK
Arch Virol 151:1093-106. 2006....
- Comparative diagnosis of malaria infections by microscopy, nested PCR, and LAMP in northern ThailandBirgit Pöschl
Medical and Molecular Parasitology Laboratory, University of Cologne, Medical School, Center of Anatomy, Institute II, Cologne, Germany
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:56-60. 2010....
- Multicentre evaluation of intraoperative molecular analysis of sentinel lymph nodes in breast carcinomaK L Snook
Breast Unit, Royal Surrey County Hospital, and Postgraduate Medical School, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Br J Surg 98:527-35. 2011..A prospective multicentre evaluation of the one-step nucleic acid amplification (OSNA) automated molecular diagnostic system of SLN analysis was undertaken...
- African trypanosomiasis: sensitive and rapid detection of the sub-genus Trypanozoon by loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) of parasite DNAZ K Njiru
School of Nursing Peel Campus, Murdoch University, Carleton Place, 15 17 Mandurah, WA 6210, Australia
Int J Parasitol 38:589-99. 2008..Since the LAMP test shows a high tolerance to different biological substances, determination of the appropriate protocols for processing the template to make it a user-friendly technique, prior to large scale evaluation, is needed...
- Real-time reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification for rapid detection of West Nile virusManmohan Parida
Department of Virology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki 852 8523, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 42:257-63. 2004..These results indicate that the RT-LAMP assay is extremely rapid, cost-effective, highly sensitive, and specific and has potential usefulness for rapid, comprehensive WN virus surveillance along with virus isolation and/or serology...
- Application of isothermal helicase-dependent amplification with a disposable detection device in a simple sensitive stool test for toxigenic Clostridium difficileWing Huen A Chow
BioHelix Corporation, 32 Tozer Road, Beverly, MA 01915, USA
J Mol Diagn 10:452-8. 2008....
- Rapid detection of epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in lung cancer by the SMart-Amplification ProcessKanako Hoshi
Genome Exploration Research Group Genome Network Project Core Group, RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, RIKEN Yokohama Institute, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 13:4974-83. 2007..Previous reports have been based mainly on diagnostic screening by sequencing. However, sequencing is a time-consuming and complicated procedure, not suitable for routine clinical use...
- Stability of genomic DNA in dried blood spots stored on filter paperSumonta Chaisomchit
National Institute of Health, Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health, Nonthaburi, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 36:270-3. 2005..However, DNA quality for amplification of larger DNA fragments decreased when the specimens were stored for longer than 10 years...
- Rapid detection of Phytophthora ramorum and P. kernoviae by two-minute DNA extraction followed by isothermal amplification and amplicon detection by generic lateral flow deviceJ A Tomlinson
The Food and Environmental Research Agency, Sand Hutton, York YO41 1LZ, United Kingdom
Phytopathology 100:143-9. 2010..kernoviae...
- Rapid detection of Tembusu virus by reverse-transcription, loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)Y Tang
Zoology Institute, Agricultural University of Shan Dong province, Shan Dong Province, China
Transbound Emerg Dis 59:208-13. 2012..In conclusion, RT-LAMP with SYBR Green I dye was shown to be a sensitive, simple assay for the rapid diagnosis of TMUV infection in ducks...
- Rapid and sensitive detection of white spot syndrome virus by loop-mediated isothermal amplification combined with a lateral flow dipstickWansadaj Jaroenram
Centex Shrimp, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Rama 6 Road, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Mol Cell Probes 23:65-70. 2009....
- Specific detection of reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification amplicons for Taura syndrome virus by colorimetric dot-blot hybridizationPing Hua Teng
Farming IntelliGene Technology Corporation, 2 1, Gungye Seventh Road, Taichung Industrial Park, Taichung City 407, Taiwan
J Virol Methods 146:317-26. 2007..Requiring simply a heating apparatus, the GuSCN RNA extraction-isothermal RT-LAMP-DBH protocol has the potential for further development for diagnosis of diseases in the field...
- The rapid detection of Salmonella from food samples by loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP)Shigeko Ueda
Laboratory of Hygiene, Kagawa Nutrition University, 3 9 21, Chiyoda, Sakado shi, Saitama 350 0214, Japan
Biocontrol Sci 14:73-6. 2009..The specificity was similar to that of a PCR assay, but the sensitivity of LAMP was considered to be greater. Thus, the LAMP assay was confirmed to be a rapid, specific and sensitive detection method for Salmonella...
- Whole-metagenome amplification of a microbial community associated with scleractinian coral by multiple displacement amplification using phi29 polymeraseHiroko Yokouchi
Department of Biotechnology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2 24 16 Naka cho, Koganei, Tokyo 184 8588, Japan
Environ Microbiol 8:1155-63. 2006..This study demonstrates that MDA techniques are efficient for genome wide investigation to understand the actual microbial diversity in limited bacterial samples...
- DNase SISPA-next generation sequencing confirms Schmallenberg virus in Belgian field samples and identifies genetic variation in EuropeToon Rosseel
Virological Platform Unit VIRPLAT, Operational Direction Viral Diseases, Veterinary and Agrochemical Research Center, Brussels, Belgium
PLoS ONE 7:e41967. 2012..The partial sequences derived from the field samples showed several differences compared to the sequences from bovines in Germany, indicating sequence divergence within the epidemic...
- Accuracy of loop-mediated isothermal amplification for diagnosis of human leptospirosis in ThailandPiengchan Sonthayanon
Department of Clinical Tropical Medicine, Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, 420 6 Rajvithi Road, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:614-20. 2011..84.6, 95% CI = 69.5-94.1). The rrs LAMP can provide an admission diagnosis in approximately half of patients with leptospirosis, but its clinical utility is reduced by a lower specificity...
- Specific, sensitive and rapid detection of human plasmodium knowlesi infection by loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) in blood samplesYee Ling Lau
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Malar J 10:197. 2011..knowlesi. The sensitivity and specificity of LAMP was evaluated in comparison to the results obtained via microscopic examination and nested PCR...
- Whole-genome sequencing of unculturable bacterium using whole-genome amplificationYuichi Hongoh
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan
Methods Mol Biol 733:25-33. 2011..It is expected that a combination of the conventional metagenomics and this single-species-targeting genomics provides a great progress in understanding of the ecology, physiology, and evolution of unculturable microbial communities...
- Mate pair sequencing of whole-genome-amplified DNA following laser capture microdissection of prostate cancerStephen J Murphy
Department of Molecular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Medical Sciences Building 2, 200 First St, SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
DNA Res 19:395-406. 2012..The described methodology provides a mechanism of efficiently defining these events in limited pure populations of tumour tissue, aiding in the derivation of genomic aberrations that initiate cancer and drive cancer progression...
- Whole genome analysis of genetic alterations in small DNA samples using hyperbranched strand displacement amplification and array-CGHJosé M Lage
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Genome Res 13:294-307. 2003..Gene-dosage alterations of threefold or more can be observed with high reproducibility with as few as 1000 cells of starting material...
- Rapid and sensitive detection of infectious hypodermal and hematopoietic necrosis virus by loop-mediated isothermal amplification combined with a lateral flow dipstickNarong Arunrut
National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology BIOTEC, National Science and Technology Development Agency, Pathumthani, Thailand
J Virol Methods 171:21-5. 2011....
- Point-of-care tests for the diagnosis of Neisseria gonorrhoeae infection: a systematic review of operational and performance characteristicsLucy Alexandra Watchirs Smith
The Kirby Institute, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Sex Transm Infect 89:320-6. 2013..Systematic review of the performance and operational characteristics of point-of-care (POC) tests for the diagnosis of Neisseria gonorrhoeae...
- Isothermal DNA amplification in bioanalysis: strategies and applicationsJoonyul Kim
Chemistry and Biochemistry, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849, USA
Bioanalysis 3:227-39. 2011....
- Nucleic acid testing for tuberculosis at the point-of-care in high-burden countriesAngelika Niemz
Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences, 535 Watson Drive, Claremont, CA 91711, USA
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 12:687-701. 2012..Unmet needs prevail for the identification of drug-resistant TB and for TB diagnosis in HIV-positive and pediatric patients...
- Development of loop-mediated isothermal amplification method for detecting Wuchereria bancrofti DNA in human blood and vector mosquitoesHidekazu Takagi
Department of Parasitology, Aichi Medical University School of Medicine, Nagakute, Aichi, Japan
Parasitol Int 60:493-7. 2011..The LAMP method was able to detect W. bancrofti DNA in 1000 μl of blood or in a pool of 60 mosquitoes, indicating its usefulness in detecting/monitoring W. bancrofti infection in humans and vector mosquitoes in endemic areas...
- Predicting viruses accurately by a multiplex microfluidic loop-mediated isothermal amplification chipXueen Fang
Anal Chem 83:690-5. 2011..5 h. We successfully developed a mμLAMP chip for differentiating three human influenza A substrains and identifying eight important swine viruses...
- One-step detection of the 2009 pandemic influenza A(H1N1) virus by the RT-SmartAmp assay and its clinical validationYuki Kawai
Omics Science Center, RIKEN Yokohama Institute, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e30236. 2012..In Japan, infected patients accounted for 16% of the total population. The possibility of human-to-human transmission of highly pathogenic novel influenza viruses is becoming a fear for human health and society...
- Real-time loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RealAmp) for the species-specific identification of Plasmodium vivaxJaymin C Patel
Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, Center for Global Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e54986. 2013..40-100%) compared to the gold standard nested-PCR method. The new primers also proved to be more sensitive than the published species-specific primers specifically developed for the LAMP method in detecting P. vivax...
- Malaria prevalence defined by microscopy, antigen detection, DNA amplification and total nucleic acid amplification in a malaria-endemic region during the peak malaria transmission seasonJohn N Waitumbi
Walter Reed Project, Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kisumu, Kenya
Trop Med Int Health 16:786-93. 2011..To determine the malaria prevalence by microscopy, antigen detection and nucleic acid detection in a defined subpopulation in a Plasmodium falciparum-endemic region during the peak transmission season...
- A composite linkage map from two crosses for the species complex Picea mariana x Picea rubens and analysis of synteny with other PinaceaeBetty Pelgas
Chaire de recherche du Canada en génomique forestière et environnementale, Centre de recherche en biologie forestière, Pavillon Charles Eugène Marchand, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, QC, G1K 7P4, Canada
Theor Appl Genet 111:1466-88. 2005..Implications for the evolution of the Pinaceae genome are discussed...
- Detection of Schistosoma mansoni and Schistosoma haematobium DNA by loop-mediated isothermal amplification: identification of infected snails from early prepatencyIbrahim Abbasi
Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:427-32. 2010..When these LAMP assays were applied for examining infected laboratory snails, it was possible to identify infection from the first day after exposure to miracidia. The potential advantages of these assays are discussed...
- Genome-wide detection of single-nucleotide and copy-number variations of a single human cellChenghang Zong
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Science 338:1622-6. 2012..We directly measured the genome-wide mutation rate of a cancer cell line and found that purine-pyrimidine exchanges occurred unusually frequently among the newly acquired SNVs...
- Expression of CK19 in invasive breast carcinomas of special histological types: implications for the use of one-step nucleic acid amplificationCésar A Alvarenga
Instituto de Patologia de Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Pathol 64:493-7. 2011....
- A rapid, simple, and sensitive loop-mediated isothermal amplification method to detect toxigenic Vibrio cholerae in rectal swab samplesKazuhisa Okada
Thailand Japan Research Collaboration Center on Emerging and Reemerging Infections, DMSc, Ministry of Public Health, Nonthaburi, Thailand
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 66:135-9. 2010..This LAMP method could be a sensitive, specific, inexpensive, and rapid detection tool for V. cholerae carrying the ctxA gene in the clinical laboratory and in the field...
- Development and evaluation of a loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay for rapid detection of chicken anaemia virusC H Huang
Institute of Biochemistry, College of Life Science, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Appl Microbiol 108:917-24. 2010..The main aim of this study was to establish a rapid, sensitive and specific loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) assay for detecting CAV infection...
- Intraoperative molecular assay for sentinel lymph node metastases in early stage breast cancer: a comparative analysis between one-step nucleic acid amplification whole node assay and routine frozen section histologyTomo Osako
Division of Pathology, The Cancer Institute of the Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer 117:4365-74. 2011..The authors compared the performance in intraoperative detection of sentinel lymph node metastases with OSNA assay using a whole lymph node versus routine frozen section (FS) histology with a 2 mm-sectioned lymph node...
- Rapid, simple, and sensitive detection of Anaplasma phagocytophilum by loop-mediated isothermal amplification of the msp2 geneLei Pan
Department of Rickettsiology, National Institute of Communicable Disease Control and Prevention, China CDC, Changping, Beijing 102206, People s Republic of China
J Clin Microbiol 49:4117-20. 2011..phagocytophilum. This LAMP assay is a valuable method for rapid, cost-effective, and simple detection of A. phagocytophilum in the rural areas of China...
- Development and evaluation of reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay for rapid and real-time detection of Japanese encephalitis virusM M Parida
Division of Virology, Defence Research and Development Establishment, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh 474002, India
J Clin Microbiol 44:4172-8. 2006....
- Rapid detection of pathogenic fungi using loop-mediated isothermal amplification, exemplified by Fonsecaea agents of chromoblastomycosisJiufeng Sun
Department of Dermatology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, China
J Microbiol Methods 80:19-24. 2010..It is suggested that LAMP can also be used for rapid clinical diagnosis, for environmental detection, and for retrospective studies in archived clinical samples...
- Development of a reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay for detection of pandemic (H1N1) 2009 virus as a novel molecular method for diagnosis of pandemic influenza in resource-limited settingsToru Kubo
Center for International Collaborative Research, Institute for Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University, 1 12 4, Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8523, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 48:728-35. 2010..8% and 100%, respectively. Use of the (H1N1) 2009 virus HA-specific RT-LAMP assay will enable the faster and easier diagnosis of pandemic (H1N1) 2009 virus infection, especially in resource-limited situations in developing countries...
- HER2 amplification ratios by fluorescence in situ hybridization and correlation with immunohistochemistry in a cohort of 6556 breast cancer tissuesMarilyn A Owens
IMPATH, Inc, Los Angeles, CA 90066, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 5:63-9. 2004..The relationship between level of HER2 amplification and clinical outcome will require reanalysis of pivotal trial data...
- Helicase-dependent isothermal DNA amplificationMyriam Vincent
New England Biolabs, 32 Tozer Road, Beverly, Massachusetts 01915, USA
EMBO Rep 5:795-800. 2004..These properties offer a great potential for the development of simple portable DNA diagnostic devices to be used in the field and at the point-of-care...
- Human malignant melanoma: detection of BRAF- and c-kit-activating mutations by high-resolution amplicon melting analysisCarlynn Willmore-Payne
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, 84108, USA
Hum Pathol 36:486-93. 2005....
- Establishment of the 1st World Health Organization International Standard for Plasmodium falciparum DNA for nucleic acid amplification technique (NAT)-based assaysDavid J Padley
National Institute for Biological Standards and Control, Blanche Lane, South Mimms, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire EN6 3QG, UK
Malar J 7:139. 2008....
- Impact of whole genome amplification on analysis of copy number variantsT J Pugh
Genome Sciences Centre, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 36:e80. 2008....
- Detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae by enzyme immunoassay, culture, and three nucleic acid amplification testsE Van Dyck
STD HIV Research and Intervention Unit, Department of Microbiology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nationalestraat 155, B 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
J Clin Microbiol 39:1751-6. 2001..trachomatis EIA. The accuracies of the different NAATs were quite similar. SDA was the only amplification assay with 100% specificity for detection of both N. gonorrhoeae and C. trachomatis in endocervical specimens...
- Genotyping whole-genome-amplified DNA from 3- to 25-year-old neonatal dried blood spot samples with reference to fresh genomic DNAMads Vilhelm Hollegaard
Section of Neonatal Screening and Hormones, Statens Serum Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark
Electrophoresis 30:2532-5. 2009..Based on these results we conclude that DBS samples should be considered a reliable and potential resource for future genotyping studies...
- Isothermal reactions for the amplification of oligonucleotidesJeffrey Van Ness
Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Science, 535 Watson Drive, Claremont, CA 91711, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:4504-9. 2003....
- Comparing first-void urine specimens, self-collected vaginal swabs, and endocervical specimens to detect Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae by a nucleic acid amplification testMary Ann Shafer
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
J Clin Microbiol 41:4395-9. 2003..Self-collected vaginal swab collections are a feasible alternative to cervical specimen collections in this population, and the use of multiple types of specimens increases the positive yield markedly...
- LAMP for human African trypanosomiasis: a comparative study of detection formatsSally L Wastling
Centre for Infectious Diseases, Division of Pathway Medicine, School of Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e865. 2010....
- Nucleic acid isothermal amplification technologies: a reviewPooria Gill
Research Center for Molecular Biology, Baqiyatallah Medical Sciences University, Tehran, Iran
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 27:224-43. 2008..In this article, we review these isothermal nucleic acid amplification technologies and their applications in molecular biological studies...
- Development and evaluation of a real-time reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay for rapid detection of Rift Valley fever virus in clinical specimensC A Le Roux
Special Pathogens Unit, National Institute for Communicable Diseases of the National Health Laboratory Services, Private Bag X4, Sandringham 2131, Republic of South Africa
J Clin Microbiol 47:645-51. 2009....
- Detecting acute human immunodeficiency virus infection using 3 different screening immunoassays and nucleic acid amplification testing for human immunodeficiency virus RNA, 2006-2008Pragna Patel
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:66-74. 2010..The yield of nucleic acid amplification testing (NAAT) after routine screening for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) antibody to detect acute HIV infection (AHI) may vary with different HIV-antibody assays...
- Loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) method for rapid detection of Trypanosoma brucei rhodesienseZablon Kithinji Njiru
School of Nursing, Murdoch University, Mandurah, Western Australia, Australia
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2:e147. 2008..The reproducibility of the SRA LAMP assay using water bath and heat-processed template, and the ease in results readout show great potential for the diagnosis of T. b. rhodesiense in endemic regions...
- Species-specific loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) for diagnosis of trypanosomosisOriel M M Thekisoe
National Research Center for Protozoan Diseases, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Hokkaido 080 8555, Japan
Acta Trop 102:182-9. 2007..Therefore, LAMP has great potential of being used for diagnosis of trypanosomosis in the laboratory and the field, especially in countries that lack sufficient resources needed for application of molecular diagnostic techniques...
- Rapid SNP diagnostics using asymmetric isothermal amplification and a new mismatch-suppression technologyYasumasa Mitani
Genome Exploration Research Group Genome Network Project Core Group, RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center GSC, RIKEN Yokohama Institute, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 230 0045, Japan
Nat Methods 4:257-62. 2007..With these new tools, a high-precision and rapid DNA amplification technology becomes available to aid in pharmacogenomic research and molecular-diagnostics applications...
- Global single-cell cDNA amplification to provide a template for representative high-density oligonucleotide microarray analysisKazuki Kurimoto
Laboratory for Mammalian Germ Cell Biology, Center for Developmental Biology, RIKEN Kobe Institute, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Nat Protoc 2:739-52. 2007..This protocol yields cDNA templates sufficient for more than 80 microarray hybridizations from a single cell, and can be completed in 5-6 days...
- Assessment of whole genome amplification-induced bias through high-throughput, massively parallel whole genome sequencingRobert Pinard
454 Life Sciences, 20 Commercial Street, Branford CT 06405, USA
BMC Genomics 7:216. 2006..The amplification-induced bias of each method was assessed by sequencing both genomes in their entirety using the 454 Sequencing System technology and comparing the results with those obtained from unamplified controls...
- Cross-priming amplification for rapid detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in sputum specimensRendong Fang
Department of TB Control, Shanghai Municipal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Shanghai 200336, China
J Clin Microbiol 47:845-7. 2009..The sensitivity of CPA from smear- and liquid culture-positive specimens was 96.9%, and that from smear-negative and liquid culture-positive specimens was 87.5%. The specificity of CPA in culture-negative specimens was 98.8%...
- Targeting Acute HIVChristopher Pilcher; Fiscal Year: 2007..Perform detailed cost effectiveness modeling in order to optimize acute HIV-centered efforts at HIV prevention. ..
- A Microfluidic Device for Label-free HIV Virion Count at Point of Care SettingsXuanhong Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, it is widely recognized that the standard viral detection approaches, which are based on nucleic acid amplification techniques such as PCR, are technically too demanding and too costly to use at the point of care or in ..
- Lesion Induced Synaptic PlasticitySTEPHEN GINSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Molecular Diagnosis Utilizing Cerebrospinal FluidSTEPHEN GINSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Anti-cancer activity of Scutellaria baicalensisDavid Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Immune Responses in Genital Chlamydia Prior to TherapyWILLIAM GEISLER; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- The Acquisition of Bacterial Vaginosis in LesbiansJeanne Marrazzo; Fiscal Year: 2006..Lesbian couples provide a unique opportunity to conduct comparative studies of vaginal microbial ecology in sex partners, and to directly analyze determinants of transmission. ..
- MEASURING HIV RISK IN A CLINIC POPULATIONSusan Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2001..They will use the new sperm assay plus urine-based assays for gonorrhea and chlamydial infection to validate measures of recent unprotected intercourse. ..
- The Social Context of HIV Post-Exposure ProphylaxisMichelle Roland; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Microgenomic Studies of ALSJohn Ravits; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SUPPRESSION OF NEOPLASIA BY DNA HYPOMETHYLATIONPETER LAIRD; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Rapid Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosisSusan Dorman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] Relevance: Results of these studies will improve our understanding of the laboratory performance and clinical benefit of this test, and lead to improved detection and treatment of TB. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Validating Pediatric Bipolar Disorder with Extant DataEric Mick; Fiscal Year: 2007..This systematic approach of research and training may lead to advances in early intervention and prevention of pediatric bipolar disorder. ..
- DNA Methylation Markers in Ovarian CancerPETER LAIRD; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we propose to use the most promising biomarkers to evaluate the capacity to detect preclinical relapse of disease, as a function of time before clinical diagnosis of relapse. ..
- Examination of FLT3 Mutations in Acute Myeloid LeukemiaDerek Stirewalt; Fiscal Year: 2006..Together, the research proposal and educational program provide Dc Stirewalt with the skills to become an independent clinical investigator. ..
- Neuronal gene regulation by the synaptic protein RPM-1Joseph Watson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Bona fide rpm-1 regulated genes will be tested genetically for roles in synapse formation and stabilization. This work should reveal genes involved in synaptogenesis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Testing Primary HIV Infection in Seronegative PatientsSPENCER BENNETT; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract not provided ..
- Rapid Detection and Identification of Zoonotic PathogensJohn Dunn; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Centriole Orientation During Left/Right Symmetry Breaking in the MouseWallace Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms and clinical effects of microchimerism in transfused trauma patientsMICHAEL PAUL BUSCH; Fiscal Year: 2010..TA-MC also offers an opportunity to better understand, and potentially exploit, injury-induced tolerance for future therapeutic purposes. ..
- A community-level RCT of expedited partner treatment for gonorrhea and chlamydiaMatthew R Golden; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Monitoring STI's in the PopulationSusan Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research takes the next step toward this goal - moving from studying the prevalence of untreated infections to tracking changes over time in the prevalence, distribution, and correlates of these untreated infections. ..
- Biomarkers for the Progression of Head and Neck Squamous Cell CarcinomaNorma Nowak; Fiscal Year: 2009..Clearly, the analysis will also lead to a better understanding of the genetic events leading to invasive HNSCC. ..
- Reverse Transcription Free Microarray AnalysisYe Sun; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Risk of Blood Borne Transmission of CJDShimian Zou; Fiscal Year: 2008..Publishanddisseminateresultsof thestudy. ..
- AFFECT AND MARIJUANA USE IN ADOLESCENTS AND YOUNG ADULTSLydia Shrier; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Natural History and Pathogenesis of WNV in Viremic Dono*Michael Busch; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Diagnosis of Defective Memory Differentiation in Tumor-Specific T CellsWILLIAM HAINING; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will help identify the molecular basis for defective tumor-specific immunity, and provide a novel assay to predict immune response to cancer immunotherapy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ENZYMATIC LUMINESCENCE microRNA ASSAYYe Sun; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Small Molecule Inhibitors of CiliaWallace Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A screen for molecules that inhibit formation of A-beta oligomers in yeastSusan Liebman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, animal and human trials would be required. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tumor Antigen Discovery in ALL by Expression ProfilingWILLIAM HAINING; Fiscal Year: 2006..This training will form the foundation of my career in translational research. ..
- Collaborative Study of Genetics of Dizygotic TwinningGrant Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2006..Significant associations will be tested in additional cases and their parents using the transmission disequilibrium test. ..
- Affymetrix 437 ArrayerNorma Nowak; Fiscal Year: 2002..The requested instrumentation will afford the DNA Microarray and Genomics Resource with the capacity to continue to provide high quality custom genomic and expression arrays. ..
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis cell wall virulence factorsSusan Dorman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, new information from the proposed self-contained pilot studies will serve as the foundation for future comprehensive dissection of macrophage response pathways affected by specific cell wall components. ..
- INVESTIGATION INTO THE FUNCTION OF FIG1Charles Chu; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Array Based CGH for Genome-Wide Analysis of Wilms' TumorNorma Nowak; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will identify the recurrent copy number aberrations present in our WT bank, tile the implicated chromosomal regions on WT subarrays, and identify candidate genes involved in WT and kidney development. ..
- Environmental EpigenomicsPETER LAIRD; Fiscal Year: 2004..At the end of the planning period, they intend to submit an application to establish a Center for Environmental Epigenomics, to be affiliated with the Environmental Genome Project. ..
- Developmental Differences in Brain Androgen SynthesisSarah London; Fiscal Year: 2004..They will also indicate potential regulatory mechanisms for androgen synthesis in other species, including humans. ..
- Urinary Symptoms in Adolescent Females: STI or UTI?Jill Huppert; Fiscal Year: 2004..The findings of this study will strengthen the evidence base for symptom-based STI testing of SA adolescent females and will promote care that addresses both individual patient and public health needs. ..
- MENTAL HEALTH AND BEHAVIOR IN ADOLESCENT STD PREVENTIONLydia Shrier; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Biochemical System for Study of DNA RepairWeiguo Cao; Fiscal Year: 2003..Insights gained from this study will provide a biochemical framework for investigation of human endonuclease V-mediated repair pathway. ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY IN NEURODEGENERATIONRussell Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Rapid Molecular Detection of PML/RARalphaVincent Gau; Fiscal Year: 2002..An isolation room is built for "dirty" machining and the room is pressurized so it won't contaminate the experiment setup outside the isolation room. ..
- Transmissibility of GC and Ct Diagnosed using NAATSusan Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Systems Approach to Universal Teen Chlamydial ScreeningMary Ann Shafer; Fiscal Year: 2005..Analysis" Analysis will assess whether the changes in the proportions of sexually active adolescent females screened from baseline to post-intervention differ between the intervention and control clinics. ..
- BD ProbeTec ET for Diagnosis of Influenza and SARSTOBIN HELLYER; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Trafficking, persistence and evolution of HIV in the CNSPeter Simmonds; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF VITAMIN B12 AND ANAEROBIC METABOLISMJohn Roth; Fiscal Year: 2004..coli. Understanding this metabolism may contribute to understanding the natural lifestyle of Salmonellae. ..
- Cell Cycle G2/M Pathway Modulated by Viral Protein RRichard Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2006..These proposed studies will provide a comprehensive framework for this new cell cycle control pathway and provide insights into fundamental aspects of this new G2/M surveillance system of eukaryotic cells. ..
- Investigation into human IL4I1Charles Chu; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Azithromycin in Control of Trachoma IIJulius Schachter; Fiscal Year: 2005..In sum, this study should provide a rational approach to use of community-wide azithromycin treatment to eliminate blinding trachoma as a public health problem. ..
- Regulation of Cellular division in M. tuberculosisRICHARD SLAYDEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the studies proposed in this application are designed to examine the replication dynamics of MTB, specifically focusing on cell cycle-regulated genes that are involved in cell division. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mood and HIV Risk in Depressed AdolescentsLydia Shrier; Fiscal Year: 2006..Enhancing our understanding of the associations of mood and risk behavior among depressed adolescents will be essential to the development ns designed specifically for this at-risk population. ..
- Genetic Analysis of Amplified Genomic DNA ArchivesPaul Lizardi; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Quantitative Microfluidic Molecular EvolutionBRIAN PAEGEL; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- SULFATE CONJUGATION AND DRUG METABOLISMRichard Weinshilboum; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- DETECTING NEONATAL SEPSIS USING MOLECULAR TECHNIQUESJEANNE JORDAN; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Profiling Biochemical Contents of Single MitochondriaDaniel Chiu; Fiscal Year: 2009..While our focus here is on the analysis of individual mitochondria, we believe our method can be applied equally well to the chemical analysis of other subcellular organelles and compartments. ..
- Profiling individual synaptic vesicles with nanofluidicsDaniel Chiu; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- CYTOREDUCTIVE CHEMOTHERAPY TARGETING HIV RESERVOIRSChristopher Pilcher; Fiscal Year: 2004..the PI with supervised laboratory experiences and didactic training in addition to a closely supervised clinical research experience, leading to R01 submission and establishment of the PI as an independent investigator ..
- Mechanisms for Racial Disparity in Preterm BirthJane Hitti; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Probing single proteins in nanofabricated bioenvironmentDaniel Chiu; Fiscal Year: 2006..Gaining a better understanding of the true in vivo activities of proteins inside cells is critical for developing new drugs that target these proteins for the treatment of devastating diseases. ..