equipment failure analysis
Summary: Determination of reliability and maintainability of equipment.
Publications355 found, 100 shown here
- ZnO nanowire UV photodetectors with high internal gainC Soci
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Jacobs School of Engineering, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093 0407, USA
Nano Lett 7:1003-9. 2007..The high gain and low power consumption of NW photodetectors promise a new generation of phototransistors for applications such as sensing, imaging, and intrachip optical interconnects...
- An integrative structural health monitoring system for the local/global responses of a large-scale irregular building under constructionHyo Seon Park
Department of Architectural Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
Sensors (Basel) 13:9085-103. 2013....
- Ultrahigh speed spectral / Fourier domain OCT ophthalmic imaging at 70,000 to 312,500 axial scans per secondBenjamin Potsaid
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, and Research Laboratory of Electronics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Opt Express 16:15149-69. 2008....
- Gait analysis using a shoe-integrated wireless sensor systemStacy J Morris Bamberg
Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 12:413-23. 2008..The GaitShoe proved highly capable of detecting heel-strike and toe-off, as well as estimating foot orientation and position, inter alia...
- Implementation of a real-time human movement classifier using a triaxial accelerometer for ambulatory monitoringDean M Karantonis
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 10:156-67. 2006..3% accuracy), and detection of possible falls was made with 95.6% accuracy. Results demonstrate the feasibility of implementing an accelerometry-based, real-time movement classifier using embedded intelligence...
- Pedestrian Tracking with shoe-mounted inertial sensorsEric Foxlin
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 25:38-46. 2005
- Accelerating failure rate of the ASR total hip replacementD J Langton
Northern Deanery, Goldcrest Way, Newcastle upon Tyne NE15 8NY, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:1011-6. 2011..Our results suggest that wear at the modular junction is an important factor in the development of adverse tissue reactions after implantation of a large-diameter MoM THR...
- A method based on multi-sensor data fusion for fault detection of planetary gearboxesYaguo Lei
State Key Laboratory for Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Xi an Jiaotong University, No 28 Xianning West Road, Xi an 710049, China
Sensors (Basel) 12:2005-17. 2012..The comparisons between the proposed method and the methods based on individual sensors show that the former achieves much higher accuracies in detecting planetary gearbox faults...
- Hierarchical three-dimensional ZnCo₂O₄ nanowire arrays/carbon cloth anodes for a novel class of high-performance flexible lithium-ion batteriesBin Liu
Wuhan National Laboratory for Optoelectronics and College of Optoelectronic Science and Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, China
Nano Lett 12:3005-11. 2012..Highly flexible full batteries were also fabricated, exhibiting high flexibility, excellent electrical stability, and superior electrochemical performances...
- Improving planetary rover attitude estimation via MEMS sensor characterizationJavier Hidalgo
Centro de Automática y Robótica, UPM CSIC, Jose Gutierrez Abascal 2, Madrid 28006, Spain
Sensors (Basel) 12:2219-35. 2012..The strength of the approach has been verified with representative tests of novel high-grade MEMS inertia sensors and exemplary planetary rover platforms with promising results...
- Coating graphene paper with 2D-assembly of electrocatalytic nanoparticles: a modular approach toward high-performance flexible electrodesFei Xiao
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, 70 Nanyang Drive, Singapore 637457
ACS Nano 6:100-10. 2012....
- Compact, light-weight and cost-effective microscope based on lensless incoherent holography for telemedicine applicationsOnur Mudanyali
Electrical Engineering Department, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Lab Chip 10:1417-28. 2010....
- Portable optical immunosensor for highly sensitive detection of microcystin-LR in water samplesF Long
Environmental Simulate and Pollution Control State Key Joint Laboratory, Dept of Environment Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Biosens Bioelectron 24:2346-51. 2009..9978). The TOPA is a portable, easy-to-use, and robust immunoassay system and commercially obtained from the company JQ-environ Co. Ltd. (China)...
- Inertial sensor-based knee flexion/extension angle estimationGlen Cooper
Centre for Rehabilitation and Human Performance Research, University of Salford, UK
J Biomech 42:2678-85. 2009..4 degrees for running (5 mph). The joint constraint used in the IMU analysis was derived from the Qualysis data. Limitations of the method, its clinical application and its possible extension are discussed...
- A wearable sensor for unobtrusive, long-term assessment of electrodermal activityMing Zher Poh
Harvard MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology HST, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 57:1243-52. 2010..This paper opens up opportunities for future investigations that were previously not feasible, and could have far-reaching implications for diagnosis and understanding of psychological or neurological conditions...
- Compact quantitative optic fiber-based immunoarray biosensor for rapid detection of small analytesFeng Long
Environmental Simulation and Pollution Control State Key Joint Laboratory, Department of Environment Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, China
Biosens Bioelectron 26:16-22. 2010..This compact and portable quantitative immunoarray provides an excellent multiple assay platform for clinical and environmental samples...
- Refractive index sensing based on higher-order mode reflection of a microfiber Bragg gratingYu Zhang
Wuhan National Laboratory for Optoelectronics and Institute of Optoelectronics Science and Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, China
Opt Express 18:26345-50. 2010..The measured maximum sensitivity is ~102 nm/RIU (RI unit) at an RI value of 1.378 in an MFBG with a diameter of 6 μm...
- Graphene oxide thin films for flexible nonvolatile memory applicationsHu Young Jeong
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, KAIST, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
Nano Lett 10:4381-6. 2010..This work provides an important step for developing understanding of the fundamental physics of bipolar resistive switching in graphene oxide films, for the application to future flexible electronics...
- Audio-biofeedback for balance improvement: an accelerometry-based systemLorenzo Chiari
Dipartimento di Elettronica, Informatica e Sistemistica, Universita di Bologna, Viale Risorgimento 2, 40136 Bologna, Italy
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 52:2108-11. 2005..In addition, high correlations were found between the center of pressure displacement and trunk acceleration, suggesting accelerometers may be useful for quantifying standing balance...
- Self-assembly-induced formation of high-density silicon oxide memristor nanostructures on graphene and metal electrodesWoon Ik Park
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology KAIST, 291 Daehak ro, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 701, Republic of Korea
Nano Lett 12:1235-40. 2012..This approach offers a very convenient pathway to fabricate ultrahigh-density resistive memory devices without relying on high-cost lithography and pattern-transfer processes...
- Systematic accuracy and precision analysis of video motion capturing systems--exemplified on the Vicon-460 systemMarkus Windolf
AO Research Institute, Research Services Group, Clavadelerstrasse 8, CH 7270 Davos, Switzerland
J Biomech 41:2776-80. 2008..With careful configuration, optical motion capturing provides a powerful measuring opportunity for the majority of biomechanical applications...
- Gait posture estimation using wearable acceleration and gyro sensorsRyo Takeda
Division of Human Mechanical Systems and Design, Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkaido University, N13 W8, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8628, Japan
J Biomech 42:2486-94. 2009..A moving stick figure model of each volunteer was created to visually confirm the walking posture. Further, the knee and ankle joint trajectories in the horizontal plane showed that the left and right legs were bilaterally symmetric...
- Fiber Bragg grating sensors for harsh environmentsStephen J Mihailov
Communications Research Centre Canada, 3701 Carling Avenue, P O Box 11490, Station H, Ottawa, ON K2H 8S2, Canada
Sensors (Basel) 12:1898-918. 2012..This paper will present a review of some of the more recent developments...
- Operation of graphene transistors at gigahertz frequenciesYu Ming Lin
IBM T J Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, New York 10598
Nano Lett 9:422-6. 2009..The work represents a significant step toward the realization of graphene-based electronics for high-frequency applications...
- Diffuse optical measurement of blood flow in breast tumorsTurgut Durduran
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Opt Lett 30:2915-7. 2005..Increased blood flow was observed in tumor regions relative to healthy tissue, and control subjects did not exhibit significant blood flow heterogeneity. The measurements introduce a new optical contrast for diffuse optical mammography...
- Centimeter-long and large-scale micropatterns of reduced graphene oxide films: fabrication and sensing applicationsQiyuan He
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798, Singapore
ACS Nano 4:3201-8. 2010..In addition, we demonstrate that the nanoelectronic FETs based on our rGO patterns are able to label-freely detect the hormonal catecholamine molecules and their dynamic secretion from living cells...
- Surface-plasmon-enhanced light emitters based on InGaN quantum wellsKoichi Okamoto
Department of Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Nat Mater 3:601-5. 2004..Our results indicate that the use of SPs would lead to a new class of very bright LEDs, and highly efficient solid-state light sources...
- Miniaturized two-photon microscope based on a flexible coherent fiber bundle and a gradient-index lens objectiveWerner Göbel
Max Planck Institut fur medizinische Forschung, Jahnstrasse 29, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Opt Lett 29:2521-3. 2004..Micrometer-sized fluorescent beads and pollen grains were readily resolved. In addition, fluorescently labeled blood vessels were imaged through the fiber bundle in rat brain in vivo...
- Spatial light interference microscopy (SLIM)Zhuo Wang
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Opt Express 19:1016-26. 2011..SLIM is implemented as an add-on module to an existing phase contrast microscope, which may prove instrumental in impacting the light microscopy field at a large scale...
- Adverse reaction to metal debris following hip resurfacing: the influence of component type, orientation and volumetric wearD J Langton
Northern Deanery, Goldcrest Way, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE15 8NY, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:164-71. 2011..However, the extent of tissue destruction at revision surgery did not appear to be dose-related to the volumetric wear...
- Estimation and visualization of sagittal kinematics of lower limbs orientation using body-fixed sensorsHooman Dejnabadi
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, Laboratory of Movement Analysis and Measurement, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:1385-93. 2006..Finally, a gait analysis tool was designed to visualize the motion data as synthetic skeletons performing the same actions as the subjects...
- Retrieval analysis of 240 metal-on-metal hip components, comparing modular total hip replacement with hip resurfacingA Matthies
Department of Musculoskeletal Surgery, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:307-14. 2011..These findings show that failed metal-on-metal hip resurfacing and modular THRs have similar component wear rates and are both associated with raised pre-revision blood levels of metal ions...
- Segmentation and quantification of retinal lesions in age-related macular degeneration using polarization-sensitive optical coherence tomographyBernhard Baumann
Medical University of Vienna, Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Währinger Straße 13, Vienna, Austria
J Biomed Opt 15:061704. 2010..PS-OCT appears as a promising imaging modality for three-dimensional retinal imaging and ranging with additional contrast based on the structures' tissue-inherent polarization properties...
- Polarization maintaining fiber based ultra-high resolution spectral domain polarization sensitive optical coherence tomographyErich Gotzinger
Center for Biomedical Engineering and Physics, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Opt Express 17:22704-17. 2009..The latter is important for improved resolution of depolarization imaging. We demonstrate our instrument for high-resolution PS-OCT imaging of the healthy human retina...
- A new model-based RSA method validated using CAD models and models from reversed engineeringB L Kaptein
Department of Orthopaedics, Leiden University Medical Center, P O Box 9600 RC, Leiden 2300, The Netherlands
J Biomech 36:873-82. 2003..05 degrees. Studies with clinical RSA-radiographs must prove that these results can also be reached in a clinical setting, making model-based RSA a possible alternative for marker-based RSA...
- Fourier phase microscopy for investigation of biological structures and dynamicsGabriel Popescu
George R Harrison Spectroscopy Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Opt Lett 29:2503-5. 2004..The results obtained on epithelial and red blood cells demonstrate the potential of this instrument for quantitative investigation of the structure and dynamics associated with biological systems without sample preparation...
- Doppler optical micro-angiography for volumetric imaging of vascular perfusion in vivoRuikang K Wang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97237, USA
Opt Express 17:8926-40. 2009..Finally, we compare the in vivo imaging performance of DOMAG with that of PRDOCT, and show that DOMAG delivers at least 15-fold increase over the PRDOCT method in terms of the lower limit of flow velocity that can be detected...
- Lensfree on-chip microscopy over a wide field-of-view using pixel super-resolutionWaheb Bishara
Electrical Engineering Department, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Opt Express 18:11181-91. 2010..We demonstrate the success of this pixel super-resolution approach by imaging patterned transparent substrates, blood smear samples, as well as Caenoharbditis Elegans...
- Supported microfiber loops for optical sensingXin Guo
Department of Optical Engineering, State Key Laboratory of Modern Optical Instrumentation, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
Opt Express 16:14429-34. 2008..8 x 10(-5)...
- A comprehensive review of semiconductor ultraviolet photodetectors: from thin film to one-dimensional nanostructuresLiwen Sang
International Center for Young Scientists ICYS, National Institute for Materials Science NIMS, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Sensors (Basel) 13:10482-518. 2013..A special focus is given on the thermal stability of the developed devices, which is one of the key characteristics for the real applications. ..
- STED nanoscopy with time-gated detection: theoretical and experimental aspectsGiuseppe Vicidomini
Nanophysics, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Genoa, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e54421. 2013..Time-gated detection also reduces/suppresses the influence of local variations of the fluorescence lifetime on STED microscopy resolution...
- Temperature-insensitive miniaturized fiber inline Fabry-Perot interferometer for highly sensitive refractive index measurementTao Wei
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology, 1870 Miner Circle, Rolla, MO 65409 0040, USA
Opt Express 16:5764-9. 2008..1x10(-6) RIU/degrees C. The small size, all-fiber structure, small temperature dependence, linear response and high sensitivity, make the device attractive for chemical and biological sensing...
- Solution-processed metal nanowire mesh transparent electrodesJung Yong Lee
Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Nano Lett 8:689-92. 2008..Organic solar cells deposited on these electrodes show a performance equivalent to that of devices based on a conventional metal-oxide transparent electrode...
- Parallel recording of neurotransmitters release from chromaffin cells using a 10×10 CMOS IC potentiostat array with on-chip working electrodesBrian N Kim
School of Applied and Engineering Physics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Biosens Bioelectron 41:736-44. 2013..We anticipate that this device will accelerate the characterization of the modulation of neurotransmitter secretion from neuronal and endocrine cells by pharmacological and molecular manipulations of the cells...
- Highly sensitive detection of organophosphorus pesticides by acetylcholinesterase-coated thin film bulk acoustic resonator mass-loading sensorDa Chen
Qingdao Key Laboratory of Terahertz Technology, Department of Physics, School of Science, Shandong University of Science and Technology, Qianwangang Road 579, Qingdao 266510, PR China
Biosens Bioelectron 41:163-7. 2013..3×10(-11) M for paraoxon. The detection results of organophosphorus pesticide residues in practical samples show that the proposed sensor has the feasibility and sensing accuracy comparable to gas chromatography...
- Cup inclination angle of greater than 50 degrees increases whole blood concentrations of cobalt and chromium ions after metal-on-metal hip resurfacingA J Hart
Department of Musculoskeletal Surgery, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK
Hip Int 18:212-9. 2008..The implication is that metal levels can be minimised with optimal orientation of the acetabular component...
- Wavelength-converted/selective waveguiding based on composition-graded semiconductor nanowiresJinyou Xu
Key Laboratory for Micro Nano Physics and Technology of Hunan Province, State Key Laboratory of Chemo Biosensing and Chemometrics, College of Physics and Microelectronics Science, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, China
Nano Lett 12:5003-7. 2012..Our study indicates that composition-graded semiconductor nanowires would open new exciting opportunities in developing new wavelength-sensitive optical components for integrated nanophotonic devices...
- Spectral-domain phase microscopyMichael A Choma
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Opt Lett 30:1162-4. 2005..A shot-noise limit to the displacement sensitivity of this technique is derived. Measurement of cellular dynamics was performed on spontaneously beating cardiomyocytes isolated from chick embryos...
- Performance comparison of one-color and two-color platforms within the MicroArray Quality Control (MAQC) projectTucker A Patterson
National Center for Toxicological Research, US Food and Drug Administration, 3900 NCTR Rd, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
Nat Biotechnol 24:1140-50. 2006....
- STED with wavelengths closer to the emission maximumGiuseppe Vicidomini
Department of NanoBiophotonics, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Opt Express 20:5225-36. 2012..The method is exemplified by imaging immunolabeled features in mammalian cells with an up to 3-fold increased STED efficiency compared to that encountered in standard STED nanoscopy implementations...
- Flexible solid-state supercapacitors based on carbon nanoparticles/MnO2 nanorods hybrid structureLongyan Yuan
Wuhan National Laboratory for Optoelectronics WNLO, and College of Optoelectronic Science and Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology HUST, Wuhan, 430074, China
ACS Nano 6:656-61. 2012..8 Wh/kg at a power density of 14 kW/kg, and a demonstration of a practical device is also presented, highlighting the path for its enormous potential in energy management...
- Remineralization of in vitro dental caries assessed with polarization-sensitive optical coherence tomographyRobert S Jones
University of California, Department of Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biomed Opt 11:014016. 2006..This study determines that PS-OCT can image the effects of fluoride-enhanced remineralization of mild and severe early artificial in vitro caries...
- Correlation between inclination of the acetabular component and metal ion levels in metal-on-metal hip resurfacing replacementR de Haan
University Hospital Brussels, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
J Bone Joint Surg Br 90:1291-7. 2008..This is probably due to a greater risk of edge-loading...
- Flexible gigahertz transistors derived from solution-based single-layer grapheneCédric Sire
CEA Saclay, IRAMIS, Service de Physique de l Etat Condensé URA 2464, Laboratoire d Electronique Moleculaire, F 91191 Gif sur Yvette, France
Nano Lett 12:1184-8. 2012....
- Current saturation and voltage gain in bilayer graphene field effect transistorsB N Szafranek
Advanced Microelectronic Center Aachen AMICA, AMO GmbH, Otto Blumenthal Strasse 25, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Nano Lett 12:1324-8. 2012..Using numerical simulations based on an atomistic p(z) tight-binding Hamiltonian we demonstrate that this approach can be extended to sub-100 nm gate lengths...
- Spin-wave interference patterns created by spin-torque nano-oscillators for memory and computationFerran Macià
Department of Physics, New York University, New York, NY 10003, USA
Nanotechnology 22:095301. 2011..We show how groups of transponders create resonant (reverberating) spin-wave interference patterns that may be used for polychronous wave computation and information storage...
- Analytical description of STED microscopy performanceMarcel Leutenegger
Department of NanoBiophotonics, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Opt Express 18:26417-29. 2010..Particular emphasis is placed on fluorescence fluctuation methods such as correlation spectroscopy (FCS) using STED...
- Evaluation of sCMOS cameras for detection and localization of single Cy5 moleculesSaumya Saurabh
Department of Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University, 4400 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Opt Express 20:7338-49. 2012..Our findings indicate that the sCMOS cameras perform similar to EMCCD cameras for detecting and localizing single Cy5 molecules...
- In vivo oxidation contributes to delamination but not pitting in polyethylene components for total knee arthroplastyFrancisco J Medel
Implant Research Center, School of Biomedical Engineering, Science, and Health Systems, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Arthroplasty 26:802-10. 2011..Despite the lower oxidation displayed by conventional retrievals, this study provides strong evidence that delamination secondary to in vivo oxidation may occur during the second decade of implantation...
- Enhanced responsivity of photodetectors realized via impact ionizationJi Yu
State Key Laboratory of Luminescence and Applications, Changchun Institute of Optics, Fine Mechanics and Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun 130033, China
Sensors (Basel) 12:1280-7. 2012..The results reported in this paper provide a general route to enhance the responsivity of a photodetector, thus may represent a step towards high-performance photodetectors...
- Performance study of the application of Artificial Neural Networks to the completion and prediction of data retrieved by underwater sensorsCarlos Baladrón
Universidad de Valladolid, Dpto TSyCeIT, ETSIT, Paseo de Belén 15, 47011 Valladolid, Spain
Sensors (Basel) 12:1468-81. 2012....
- A gradient microarray electronic nose based on percolating SnO(2) nanowire sensing elementsVictor V Sysoev
Department of Physics, Saratov State Technical University, Saratov 410054, Russia
Nano Lett 7:3182-8. 2007..It has been found that, in addition to the temperature gradient across the nanowire layer, the density and morphological inhomogeneities of nanowire mats define the discriminating power of the electronic nose...
- Integrated diamond networks for quantum nanophotonicsBirgit J M Hausmann
School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University, 33 Oxford Street, Cambridge, Massachussetts, USA
Nano Lett 12:1578-82. 2012..Furthermore, we observe a large overall photon extraction efficiency (10%) and high quality factors of ring resonators (3200 for waveguide-coupled system and 12,600 for a bare ring)...
- Sequential detection of Salmonella typhimurium and Bacillus anthracis spores using magnetoelastic biosensorsS Huang
Materials Engineering, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849, USA
Biosens Bioelectron 24:1730-6. 2009..This research is the first stage of an ongoing effort to simultaneously detect the presence of multiple pathogens in a complex analyte...
- Ultramicroelectrode array based sensors: a promising analytical tool for environmental monitoringJahir Orozco
Instituto de Microelectronica de Barcelona, IMB CNM CSIC, Campus UAB, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Sensors (Basel) 10:475-90. 2010..A brief explanation of theoretical aspects that highlight their electrochemical behavior is also given. Finally, the applications of this transducer platform in the environmental field are discussed...
- Effect of surface plasmon cross-talk on optical properties of closely packed nano-hole arraysFartash Vasefi
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Opt Express 19:25773-9. 2011..The spectral optical transmission of each nano-hole array was measured and the effect of inter-array spacing on the transmission spectra and resonance wavelength was determined...
- Graphene as transparent conducting electrodes in organic photovoltaics: studies in graphene morphology, hole transporting layers, and counter electrodesHyesung Park
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nano Lett 12:133-40. 2012....
- Bioengineering reasons for the failure of metal-on-metal hip prostheses: an engineer's perspectiveJ Fisher
Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:1001-4. 2011..This may cause adverse tissue reactions, loosening of components and failure of the prosthesis...
- LED-based interferometric reflectance imaging sensor for quantitative dynamic monitoring of biomolecular interactionsG G Daaboul
Dept of Biomedical Engineering, Boston University, 44 Cummington St, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Biosens Bioelectron 26:2221-7. 2011..Our experiments show that this platform has comparable sensitivity to high-end label-free biosensors at a much lower cost with the capability to be translated to field-deployable applications...
- Prevalence of cancelled shock therapy and relationship to shock delivery in recipients of implantable cardioverter-defibrillators assessed by remote monitoringNiraj Varma
Department of Electrophysiology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 32:S42-6. 2009..However, it is silent and has received little attention. Remote home monitoring (HM) with continuous surveillance and automatic daily data archiving allows investigation of CxTx...
- STED microscopy with a supercontinuum laser sourceDominik Wildanger
Department of NanoBiophotonics, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Opt Express 16:9614-21. 2008..The imaging of dense nanoparticles and of the microtubular network of mammalian cells evidences a spatial resolution of 30-50 nm in the focal plane, i.e. by a factor of 8-9 beyond the diffraction barrier...
- Programmable polymer thin film and non-volatile memory deviceJianyong Ouyang
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Nat Mater 3:918-22. 2004..The transition from the low- to the high-conductivity state takes place in nanoseconds, and is non-volatile, indicating that the device may be used for low-cost, high-density memory storage...
- Mass transport and shear stress in a microchannel bioreactor: numerical simulation and dynamic similarityYan Zeng
Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore, 9 Engineering Drive 1, Singapore 117576
J Biomech Eng 128:185-93. 2006..The mass transport and shear stress were related in a generalized result. Based on the generalized results and the condition of dynamic similarity, various means to isolate their respective effects on cells were considered...
- Optical waveguide self-assembled from organic dye molecules in solutionKen Takazawa
Tsukuba Magnet Laboratory, National Institute for Materials Science, 3 13 Sakura, Tsukuba 305 0003, Japan
Nano Lett 5:1293-6. 2005....
- Multi-institutional assessment of the Provox 2 voice prosthesisA H Ackerstaff
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery of the Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 125:167-73. 1999..To verify the initial results of a new anterograde replacement method of the second-generation indwelling Provox voice prosthesis, Provox 2 (Atos Medical AB, Hörby, Sweden), and to determine its device life...
- A multi-fault diagnosis method for sensor systems based on principle component analysisDaqi Zhu
Laboratory of Underwater Vehicles and Intelligent Systems, Shanghai Maritime University, Shanghai, 200135, China
Sensors (Basel) 10:241-53. 2010..Finally, the feasibility and effectiveness of the proposed method is demonstrated by simulation and comparison studies, in which two sensors in the system are out of order at the same time...
- Optical sizing of immunolabel clusters through multispectral plasmon coupling microscopyHongyun Wang
Department of Chemistry, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nano Lett 11:498-504. 2011..The ability to measure immunolabel association levels on subcellular length scales in an optical microscope provides new opportunities for experimentally assessing receptor density distributions on living cells in solution...
- Mesoporous and nanowire Co3O4 as negative electrodes for rechargeable lithium batteriesKuthanapillil M Shaju
EaStCHEM, School of Chemistry, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, UK KY16 9ST
Phys Chem Chem Phys 9:1837-42. 2007..If, however, mesoporosity could be retained during the conversion reaction, then higher capacities could be obtained in such systems...
- Aptamer-antibody on-chip sandwich immunoassay for detection of CRP in spiked serumJohanna Pultar
Austrian Research Centers GmbH ARC, Department of Bioresources, 2444 Seibersdorf, Austria
Biosens Bioelectron 24:1456-61. 2009....
- One- and two-photon excited optical ph probing for cells using surface-enhanced Raman and hyper-Raman nanosensorsJanina Kneipp
Harvard University Medical School, Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nano Lett 7:2819-23. 2007..In addition to the advantages of two-photon excitation, the SEHRS sensor enables measurements over a wide pH range without the use of multiple probes...
- Colorimetric detection of mutations in epidermal growth factor receptor using gold nanoparticle aggregationHosub Lee
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Yonsei University, 262 Seongsanno, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biosens Bioelectron 25:1669-74. 2010..We found that selective aggregation with gold nanoparticles could be successfully applied to direct detection of EGFR mutations in non-amplified genomic DNAs...
- Neutron production from beam-modifying devices in a modern double scattering proton therapy beam delivery systemANGELICA PEREZ-ANDUJAR
University of Wisconsin, School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53705 2221, USA
Phys Med Biol 54:993-1008. 2009..The simulations also revealed that the neutron dose to the patient is predominated by neutrons produced in the field defining collimator assembly, located just upstream of the patient...
- A study of MAC protocols for WBANsSana Ullah
UWB ITRC Center, Inha University, 253 Yonghyun Dong, Nam Gu, Incheon, 402 751, Korea
Sensors (Basel) 10:128-45. 2010..We also review different power-efficient mechanisms for a WBAN. In addition, useful suggestions are given to help the MAC designers to develop a low-power MAC protocol that will satisfy the stringent requirements...
- Effects of scatter radiation on ICD and CRT functionSuraj Kapa
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 31:727-32. 2008..We sought to elucidate the effects of scatter radiation on implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs) and cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT)-ICDs...
- Angular stability potentially permits fewer locking screws compared with conventional locking in intramedullary nailed distal tibia fractures: a biomechanical studyBoyko Gueorguiev
AO Research Institute Davos, AO Foundation, Davos, Switzerland
J Orthop Trauma 25:340-6. 2011..To compare mechanical stability of angle-stable locking construct with four screws with conventional five screw locking in intramedullary nailed distal tibia fractures under cyclic loading...
- Real-time blood flow visualization using the graphics processing unitOwen Yang
University of California, Irvine, Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, Department of Biomedical Engineering, 1002 Health Sciences Road, Irvine, California 92612, USA
J Biomed Opt 16:016009. 2011..We present three video examples depicting real-time flow imaging during a reactive hyperemia maneuver, with fluid flow through an in vitro phantom, and a demonstration of real-time LSI during laser surgery of a port wine stain birthmark...
- Rapid spectrally encoded fluorescence imaging using a wavelength-swept sourceMathias Strupler
Engineering Physics Department, Ecole Polytechnique Montreal, 2900, Boulevard Edouard Montpetit, Montreal, Quebec, H3C3A7, Canada
Opt Lett 35:1737-9. 2010..This spectrally encoded setup could be easily miniaturized for endoscopy, thus combining high-resolution fluorescence with confocal reflectance imaging at unmatched acquisition speed...
- High-speed polarization sensitive optical frequency domain imaging with frequency multiplexingW Y Oh
Harvard Medical School and Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Blossom Street, BAR 704, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Opt Express 16:1096-103. 2008..We demonstrate circular cross-sectional birefringence imaging of a human coronary artery ex vivo through a flexible fiber-optic catheter with an A-line rate of 62 kHz and a ranging depth of 6.2 mm...
- Effect of bearing size on the long-term wear, wear debris, and ion levels of large diameter metal-on-metal hip replacements-An in vitro studyIan Leslie
Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 87:163-72. 2008..The ion levels measured suggest both bearing sizes have similar initial wear rates; however, the 55 mm bearings reach steady state wear more rapidly...
- A DNA biosensor based on the detection of doxorubicin-conjugated Ag nanoparticle labels using solid-state voltammetryBoon Ping Ting
Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, 31 Biopolis Way, The Nanos, Singapore 138669, Singapore
Biosens Bioelectron 25:282-7. 2009..The signal obtained was subsequently used to quantify the amount of DNA. A detection limit of 1 pM has been achieved with this new DNA biosensor...
- Swept source optical coherence tomography using an all-fiber 1300-nm ring laser sourceMichael A Choma
Duke University, Department of Biomedical Engineering, 136 Hudson Hall, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
J Biomed Opt 10:44009. 2005..A differential swept source OCT system is presented, and images of in vivo human cornea and skin are presented. Lastly, the effects of analog-to-digital converter aliasing on image quality in swept source OCT are discussed...
- Mid-term results of third-generation alumina-on-alumina ceramic bearings in cementless total hip arthroplasty: a ten-year minimum follow-upEric Yeung
Specialist Orthopaedic Group, Suite 1 08, 3 9 Gillies Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060, Australia
J Bone Joint Surg Am 94:138-44. 2012..The purpose of the present study was to determine the results in the same patient cohort at a minimum of ten years of follow-up...
- Real-time snapshot hyperspectral imaging endoscopeRobert T Kester
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, 6100 Main Street, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
J Biomed Opt 16:056005. 2011..2 frames per second while collecting a (x, y, λ) datacube of 350 × 350 × 48. We have successfully imaged tissue in vivo, resolving a vasculature pattern of the lower lip while simultaneously detecting oxy-hemoglobin...
- Influence of radiotherapy on the latest generation of implantable cardioverter-defibrillatorsCoen W Hurkmans
Department of Radiotherapy, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:282-9. 2005..Data on the influence of radiotherapy on ICDs are limited. The objective of our study is to determine the influence of radiotherapy on the latest generation of ICDs...
- An electrochemical aptasensor based on enzyme linked aptamer assayDe Wen Zhang
Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences BNLMS, Key Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Engineering, College of Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Biosens Bioelectron 31:363-8. 2012..Furthermore, a new configuration for ELAA requiring only a single aptamer sequence is constructed, which can be generalized for detecting different kinds of targets by cleaving the aptamers into two suitable segments...
- Aptamer-based piezoelectric quartz crystal microbalance biosensor array for the quantification of IgEChunyan Yao
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chong Qing 400038, PR China yao
Biosens Bioelectron 24:2499-503. 2009..The aptamer QCM biosensor was suitable for sensitive and specific protein detection, representing an innovative tool for future proteomics...
- Real time en face Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography with direct hardware frequency demodulationBenjamin R Biedermann
Lehrstuhl fur BioMolekulare Optik, Fakultat fur Physik, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Opt Lett 33:2556-8. 2008....
- Highly-efficient, tunable green, phosphor-converted LEDs using a long-pass dichroic filter and a series of orthosilicate phosphors for tri-color white LEDsJi Hye Oh
Department of Chemistry, Kookmin University, Seoul 136 702, Korea
Opt Express 20:A1-12. 2012....
- Enhancing damage visibility on metallic bearing surfaces: a simple technique for photography and viewingAnneliese D Heiner
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1100, USA
J Arthroplasty 28:543.e9-543.e12. 2013....
- Graphene and nanowire transistors for cellular interfaces and electrical recordingTzahi Cohen-Karni
School of Engineering and Applied Science, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nano Lett 10:1098-102. 2010..The distinct and complementary capabilities of Gra- and NW-FETs could open up unique opportunities in the field of bioelectronics in the future...
- Sensor and biosensor preparation, optimisation and applications of Prussian Blue modified electrodesF Ricci
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Chimiche, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Via della Ricerca Scientifica, 00133 Rome, Italy
Biosens Bioelectron 21:389-407. 2005..The commercial potential of sensors based on this mediator will also be discussed...
- BIOMECHANICAL/PSYCHOSOCIAL RISKS FOR LOW BACK DISORDERSWilliam Marras; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will also be able to discern when and under what conditions an intervention to improve the psycho social work environment will be likely to reduce LBP and its associated morbidity. ..
- MUSCLE OVEREXERTION DURING REPETITIVE LIFTINGWilliam Marras; Fiscal Year: 2003..These results will provide quantitative guidance for the mediation of work-related LBDs for the millions of workers performing materials handling tasks in manufacturing and distribution center environments. ..
- Neuro-Fuzzy Prediction of Spine Loads in Response to Ri*William Marras; Fiscal Year: 2005..Second, the system will provide insights as to how the various dimensions of risk synergistically impact the musculoskeletal system. Finally, it will facilitate further investigations regarding stability and coactivity. ..
- Fatigue Crack Morphology in Cemented HipsAmos Race; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Effect of Femoral Stem Design om Cement Mantle FailureAmos Race; Fiscal Year: 2006..Should these aims be met, the proposed model will be of great use in pre-clinical testing of novel cemented stem designs. ..
- MRI OF RENAL ANATOMY AND FUNCTION IN CHRONIC ISCHEMIAFrank Sommer; Fiscal Year: 2002..The utility of the comprehensive exam will be determined by correlating pre- intervention MRI-determined parameters with both clinical outcome measures and post-intervention MRI-determined parameters. ..
- NUMERICAL ANALYSIS OF FLOW AND TISSUE DEFORMATIONRoger Kamm; Fiscal Year: 2001..Specific Aim 3. To test the hypothesis that sites of inflammation/degradation correlate with regions within the tissue that experience high mechanical strain. ..
- MSM-Multi-scale Analysis of Cellular Force Transmission and Biochemical ActivatioRoger Kamm; Fiscal Year: 2007..4. Conduct experiments in reconstituted actin networks to provide a pheonological basis for evaluation and evalidation of the computational models. ..
- Mini Bone-Attached Robot for Joint ArthroplastyBranislav Jaramaz; Fiscal Year: 2006..This precise placement of the femoral component should reduce the possibility of impingement, patellar maltracking, and component loosening, and improve patient outcomes. ..
- Induction of Tissue Factor by Patient Sera in HUSEric Grabowski; Fiscal Year: 2007..A key additional feature of this proposal is the use of our newly formed collaborative group of pediatric nephrologists to facilitate patient recruitment [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Compact Line-scanning Adaptive Optics Retinal ImagerDaniel Hammer; Fiscal Year: 2007..These researchers will, in turn, use this tool to increase our understanding of vision and its disruption by disease and for the development of new drugs and therapies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Stabilized Adaptive Optics Imaging Laser MicrosurgeryDaniel Hammer; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Fluid Mechanics of the Mitral Valve: In Vitro StudiesAjit Yoganathan; Fiscal Year: 2004..The use of state of the art measurement systems unavailable for in vivo use will yield significant results. ..
- Annular and Sub-Valvular Repair Techniques for Ischemic Mitral Regurgitation: In-Ajit P Yoganathan; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Functional Tissue Factor on Activated EndotheliumEric Grabowski; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Biomimetic Nanofibrillar Scaffolds For Cartilage Tissue EngineeringAnu Subramanian; Fiscal Year: 2008..The engineering methodology developed in this proposal may have broader impacts on the manufacturing of other surfaces for tissue engineering. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FLUORESCENCE SYSTEM FOR SENSING BIOSPECIFIC INTERACTIONSAlexander Asanov; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Nuclease-Resistant Aptamers to Botox and Anthrax ToxinsJohn Bruno; Fiscal Year: 2004..Such reagents could also be used in environmental biosensors or diagnostic test kits for detection of BOTOX and anthrax toxins in body fluids or environmental samples. ..
- Single Shot OCTDaniel Hammer; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, the developed instrument and the principles upon which it is based may be used to image other disease types throughout the human body. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR ANGLE TRANSITIONS IN MUSCLETHOMAS BURGHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Aerobic Exercise Intervention for Knee OsteoarthritisKenton Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Hypothesis: A effective exercise prescription for adults with degenerative joint disease is dependent on knee compartment involvement, CIA stage, BMI, and type of exercise prescribed. ..
- Nuclease-Resistant Aptamers for Anthrax OpsonizationJohn Bruno; Fiscal Year: 2004..Such shielded aptamers could even be used in inhalers to enhance alveolar macrophage phagocytosis. ..
- Improving Flow Dynamics in Fontan SurgeriesAjit Yoganathan; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- ENHANCERS AND LIVER-SPECIFIC TRANSCRIPTIONBrett Spear; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, the information derived from these studies may improve strategies to express foreign genes within the liver, a goal of many gene therapy trials. ..
- Afri 1: Gene Cloning and its Role in Liver RegulationBrett Spear; Fiscal Year: 2006..We can then understand how Afr1 regulates AFP and we are likely to learn more about the transcription/post/transcriptional connections as well as how this may be developmentally regulated to control gene expression. ..
- The Mechanism and Function of Lumbosacral OrthosesJacek Cholewicki; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, data generated from the proposed research will also carry-over into advancing our understanding of the mechanisms and function of ergonomic lumbar supports. ..
- Intervention to Close Digital Divide in AIDS CareSeth Kalichman; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, the experimental intervention could be readily implemented as a community-based program by AIDS Service Organizations, health centers, and community-based Internet access providers. ..
- BCI2000: SOFTWARE FOR BRAIN-COMPUTER INTERFACE RESEARCHGerwin Schalk; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project will greatly facilitate this development by improving and maintaining general-purpose BCI software and continuing to provide it to BCI research groups throughout the world. ..
- Snapshot Retinal Imaging PolarimeterJames Schwiegerling; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the device could potentially be a low-cost add-on to existing fundus cameras, allowing a more widespread utility than existing devices. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hybrid Nuclear/X-ray Projection System for Mouse ImagingJohn Boone; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Ultrasound-Guided MRIDavid Feinberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultrasound-guided MRI should permit dramatic improvements in imaging the heart or abdominal organs that are affected by physiological motion. ..
- Improved 3D MRI with cylindrical trajectoriesDavid Feinberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..During the commercialization phase the developed set of pulse sequences will be ported for suitable hardware and software platforms of all major MR hardware manufacturers. ..
- Feasibility of CT in high risk breast cancer patientsJohn Boone; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of this investigation should provide a clear understanding of the potential of breast CT as a tool to reduce breast cancer mortality in the population of women with dire risk of breast cancer. ..
- Motor Control Deficit in Low Back Pain: Cause or Effect?Jacek Cholewicki; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of the proposed research will have a significant clinical relevance for designing more effective prevention, diagnosis, and rehabilitation strategies for LBP. ..
- Breast CT scanner for earlier cancer detectionJohn Boone; Fiscal Year: 2002..that particularly warrant screening using breast CT. The Phase II trial will shed more light on this issue. ..
- MRI PULSE SEQUENCE DESIGNS FOR SUB-SECOND BRAIN IMAGINGDavid Feinberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..Ultimately, the tools developed herein will allow more detailed study of brain structure, function and dynamic physiology. ..