Genomes and Genes
Summary: A statistical analytic technique used with discrete dependent variables, concerned with separating sets of observed values and allocating new values. It is sometimes used instead of regression analysis.
Publications311 found, 100 shown here
- Differentiating prenatal exposure to methamphetamine and alcohol versus alcohol and not methamphetamine using tensor-based brain morphometry and discriminant analysisElizabeth R Sowell
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Neurosci 30:3876-85. 2010....
- Discriminant analysis of principal components: a new method for the analysis of genetically structured populationsThibaut Jombart
MRC Centre for Outbreak Analysis and Modelling, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, St Mary s Campus, Norfolk Place, London W21PG, UK
BMC Genet 11:94. 2010..Unfortunately, currently available multivariate methods still lack some essential features needed to study the genetic structure of natural populations...
- Selection bias in gene extraction on the basis of microarray gene-expression dataChristophe Ambroise
Laboratoire Heudiasyc, Unité Mixte de Recherche Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 6599, 60200 Compiegne, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:6562-6. 2002..Using two published data sets, we demonstrate that when correction is made for the selection bias, the cross-validated error is no longer zero for a subset of only a few genes...
- Expansion of the prognostic assessment of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: the updated BODE index and the ADO indexMilo A Puhan
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Lancet 374:704-11. 2009..We assessed the calibration of the BODE index, updated it to improve its calibration, and developed and validated a simplified index for use in primary-care settings...
- Metabolic profiling of plasma in overweight/obese and lean men using ultra performance liquid chromatography and Q-TOF mass spectrometry (UPLC-Q-TOF MS)Ji Young Kim
Yonsei University Research Institute of Science for Aging, Laboratory of Clinical Nutrigenetics Nutrigenomics, Department of Food and Nutrition, Brain Korea 21 Project, College of Human Ecology, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
J Proteome Res 9:4368-75. 2010..Additionally, the amount of dietary saturated fat may influence the proportion of saturated fatty acids in serum phospholipids and the degree of saturation of the constituent acyl group of plasma lysoPC...
- Diagnosis of multiple cancer types by shrunken centroids of gene expressionRobert Tibshirani
Department of Health, Research and Policy, and Statistics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:6567-72. 2002..The technique is general and can be used in many other classification problems. To demonstrate its effectiveness, we show that the method was highly efficient in finding genes for classifying small round blue cell tumors and leukemias...
- General tensor discriminant analysis and gabor features for gait recognitionDacheng Tao
Department of Computing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 29:1700-15. 2007..image representations are not suited to conventional classification methods, such as the linear discriminant analysis (LDA), because of the under sample problem (USP): the dimensionality of the feature space is much higher ..
- Baseline prediction of combination therapy outcome in hepatitis C virus 1b infected patients by discriminant analysis using viral and host factorsVerónica Saludes
Microbiology Service, Fundació Institut d Investigació en Ciències de la Salut Germans Trias i Pujol, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Badalona, Spain
PLoS ONE 5:e14132. 2010..We aimed to identify pre-treatment clinical and virological parameters associated with treatment failure, as well as to assess whether therapy outcome could be predicted at baseline...
- Discriminative analysis of resting-state functional connectivity patterns of schizophrenia using low dimensional embedding of fMRIHui Shen
College of Mechatronics and Automation, National University of Defense Technology, Changsha, Hunan 410073, China
Neuroimage 49:3110-21. 2010....
- Sexing skulls using discriminant function analysis of visually assessed traitsPhillip L Walker
Department of Anthropology, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 136:39-50. 2008..Linear, kth-nearest-neighbor, logistic, and quadratic discriminant analysis models were evaluated based on their capacity to minimize both misclassifications and sex biases in ..
- Comparing the standard EQ-5D three-level system with a five-level versionMathieu F Janssen
Public Health Epidemiology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Value Health 11:275-84. 2008..The aim of this study is a head-to-head comparison of the performance of the three-level EQ-5D (3L) and a newly developed five-level version (5L)...
- Sparse PLS discriminant analysis: biologically relevant feature selection and graphical displays for multiclass problemsKim Anh Lê Cao
Queensland Facility for Advanced Bioinformatics, University of Queensland, 4072 St Lucia, QLD, Australia
BMC Bioinformatics 12:253. 2011..In the case of multiple highly correlated variables, another option is to use multivariate exploratory approaches to give more insight into cell biology, biological pathways or complex traits...
- Variable selection for discriminant analysis with Markov random field priors for the analysis of microarray dataFrancesco C Stingo
Department of Statistics, Rice University, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Bioinformatics 27:495-501. 2011b>Discriminant analysis is an effective tool for the classification of experimental units into groups...
- Fusion of fuzzy statistical distributions for classification of thyroid ultrasound patternsDimitris K Iakovidis
Department of Informatics and Computer Technology, Technological Educational Institute of Lamia, Lamia, Greece
Artif Intell Med 50:33-41. 2010..This representation is suitable for the discrimination of nodules of high malignancy risk from normal thyroid parenchyma...
- KPCA plus LDA: a complete kernel Fisher discriminant framework for feature extraction and recognitionJian Yang
Department of Computer Science, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, Nanjing 210094, PR China
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 27:230-44. 2005This paper examines the theory of kernel Fisher discriminant analysis (KFD) in a Hilbert space and develops a two-phase KFD framework, i.e., kernel principal component analysis (KPCA) plus Fisher linear discriminant analysis (LDA)...
- Characterization of metabolic differences between benign and malignant tumors: high-spectral-resolution diffuse optical spectroscopyShwayta Kukreti
Beckman Laser Institute, University of California, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Radiology 254:277-84. 2010..To develop a near-infrared spectroscopic method to identify breast cancer biomarkers and to retrospectively determine if benign and malignant breast lesions could be distinguished by using this method...
- Facial expression recognition based on local binary patterns and kernel discriminant isomapXiaoming Zhao
Department of Computer Science, Taizhou University, Taizhou 317000, China
Sensors (Basel) 11:9573-88. 2011..KDIsomap outperforms the other used methods such as principal component analysis (PCA), linear discriminant analysis (LDA), kernel principal component analysis (KPCA), kernel linear discriminant analysis (KLDA) as well as ..
- Identification of new antimalarial drugs by linear discriminant analysis and topological virtual screeningNassira Mahmoudi
INSERM U511, Immuno Biologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire des Infections Parasitaires, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 57:489-97. 2006....
- Study of on-line adaptive discriminant analysis for EEG-based brain computer interfacesC Vidaurre
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Public University of Navarre, Campus Arrosadia s n, 31006 Pamplona, Spain
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 54:550-6. 2007..Two continuously adaptive classifiers were tested: adaptive quadratic and linear discriminant analysis. Three feature types were analyzed, adaptive autoregressive parameters, logarithmic band power estimates ..
- Toward unsupervised adaptation of LDA for brain-computer interfacesC Vidaurre
Department ofMachine Learning, Berlin Institute of Technology, 10623 Berlin, Germany
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 58:587-97. 2011..In this paper, we suggest a simple unsupervised adaptation method of the linear discriminant analysis (LDA) classifier that effectively solves this problem by counteracting the harmful effect of nonclass-..
- Multiple binary classifications via linear discriminant analysis for improved controllability of a powered prosthesisLevi J Hargrove
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, NB E3B5A3, Canada
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 18:49-57. 2010..case, the proposed system was compared to a state-of-the-art pattern recognition system based on linear discriminant analysis and a conventional myoelectric control scheme with mode switching...
- Sparse linear discriminant analysis for simultaneous testing for the significance of a gene set/pathway and gene selectionMichael C Wu
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, 655 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Bioinformatics 25:1145-51. 2009..For a significantly differentially expressed pathway, it is also of substantial interest to select important genes that drive the differential expression of the pathway...
- Globally maximizing, locally minimizing: unsupervised discriminant projection with applications to face and palm biometricsJian Yang
Department of Computing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 29:650-64. 2007..The experimental results show that UDP consistently outperforms LPP and PCA and outperforms LDA when the training sample size per class is small. This demonstrates that UDP is a good choice for real-world biometrics applications...
- Nanoarray of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and carbon nanotubes for accurate and predictive detection in real-world environmental humidityYael Zilberman
The Department of Chemical Engineering and Russell Berrie Nanotechnology Institute, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, Israel
ACS Nano 5:6743-53. 2011..The results presented here could lead to the development of a cost-effective, lightweight, low-power, and non-invasive tool for a widespread detection of VOCs in real-world environmental, security, food, health, and other applications...
- Metabolic dynamics during autumn cold acclimation within and among populations of Sitka spruce (Picea sitchensis)Rebecca Dauwe
Department of Wood Science, Faculty of Forestry, The University of British Columbia, 2424 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4, Canada
New Phytol 194:192-205. 2012....
- Automated differentiation of pre-diagnosis Huntington's disease from healthy control individuals based on quadratic discriminant analysis of the basal ganglia: the IMAGE-HD studyN Georgiou-Karistianis
School of Psychology and Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, Clayton, VIC 3800, Australia
Neurobiol Dis 51:82-92. 2013..We applied quadratic discriminant analysis (QDA) to discriminate pre-HD individuals from controls and we utilised feature selection and dimension ..
- Discrimination of functional hepatocytes derived from mesenchymal stem cells using FTIR microspectroscopyDanna Ye
Embryo Technology and Stem Cell Research Center, School of Biotechnology, Suranaree University of Technology, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
Analyst 137:4774-84. 2012..Partial Least Squares Discriminant Analysis (PLS-DA) enabled us to discriminate undifferentiated rBM-MSCs, and early, mid-stage and late stage rBM-..
- Sex determination by discriminant function analysis of the tibia for contemporary CroatsMario Slaus
Department of Archaeology, Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Ante Kovacica 5, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
Forensic Sci Int 226:302.e1-4. 2013..Standardized coefficients of the discriminant functions generated in this study support the results of previous studies that found that breadth dimensions provide better separation of the sexes than length...
- Discriminant analysis of functional connectivity patterns on Grassmann manifoldYong Fan
LIAMA Center for Computational Medicine, National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100190, China
Neuroimage 56:2058-67. 2011..each network encoded by a spatial independent component separately, we propose a novel algorithm for discriminant analysis of functional brain networks jointly at an individual level...
- Orthogonal projections to latent structures discriminant analysis modeling on in situ FT-IR spectral imaging of liver tissue for identifying sources of variabilityHans Stenlund
Computational Life Science Cluster CLIC, KBC, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Anal Chem 80:6898-906. 2008In this study, the orthogonal projections to latent structures discriminant analysis (OPLS-DA) method was used to assess the in situ chemical composition of two different cell types in mouse liver samples, hepatocytes and erythrocytes...
- Comparison of linear, nonlinear, and feature selection methods for EEG signal classificationDeon Garrett
Department of Computer Science, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 11:141-4. 2003..This paper reports the results of a linear (linear discriminant analysis) and two nonlinear classifiers (neural networks and support vector machines) applied to the classification ..
- Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) spectroscopy in bacteriology: towards a reference method for bacteria discriminationOrnella Preisner
Centre for Biological and Chemical Engineering, IST, Technical University of Lisbon, Av Rovisco Pais, 1049 001 Lisbon, Portugal
Anal Bioanal Chem 387:1739-48. 2007..The uncertainty in estimating scores was reduced by about 50% when compared to models with all wavelengths. Spectral ranges with relevant chemical information for Enterococcus faecium bacteria discrimination were outlined...
- Multilinear discriminant analysis for face recognitionShuicheng Yan
Microsoft Research Asia, Beijing 100080, China
IEEE Trans Image Process 16:212-20. 2007..We call this algorithm multilinear discriminant analysis (MDA), which has the following characteristics: 1) multiple interrelated subspaces can collaborate to ..
- Tensor discriminant color space for face recognitionSu Jing Wang
College of Computer Science and Technology, Jilin University, Changchun 130012, China
IEEE Trans Image Process 20:2490-501. 2011....
- Correspondence discriminant analysis: a multivariate method for comparing classes of protein and nucleic acid sequencesG Perrière
Laboratoire de Biometrie, Génétique et Biologie des Populations, UMR CNRS n 5558, Universite Claude Bernard, Lyon, Villeurbanne, France
Comput Appl Biosci 12:519-24. 1996..of a multivariate method for studying classes of nucleotide or protein sequences: correspondence discriminant analysis (CDA)...
- An HR-MAS MR metabolomics study on breast tissues obtained with core needle biopsyMulan Li
Department of Radiology, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Jongno gu, Seoul, Korea
PLoS ONE 6:e25563. 2011..Previous HR-MAS MR results have been obtained from post-surgery samples, which limits their direct clinical applicability...
- Generalizing discriminant analysis using the generalized singular value decompositionPeg Howland
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 26:995-1006. 2004b>Discriminant analysis has been used for decades to extract features that preserve class separability. It is commonly defined as an optimization problem involving covariance matrices that represent the scatter within and between clusters...
- Assessment and comparison of different methods for heartbeat classificationI Jekova
Centre of Biomedical Engineering, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
Med Eng Phys 30:248-57. 2008..the classification abilities of four classification methods--Kth nearest neighbour rule, neural networks, discriminant analysis and fuzzy logic...
- Study of discriminant analysis applied to motor imagery bipolar dataCarmen Vidaurre
Dp IEE, Edificio Los Tejos, Public University of Navarre, Campus Arrosadia s n, Pamplona, 31006, Spain
Med Biol Eng Comput 45:61-8. 2007We present a study of linear, quadratic and regularized discriminant analysis (RDA) applied to motor imagery data of three subjects...
- Statistical total correlation spectroscopy: an exploratory approach for latent biomarker identification from metabolic 1H NMR data setsOlivier Cloarec
Biological Chemistry Section, Faculty of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences Division, Imperial College London, South Kensington, London, UK
Anal Chem 77:1282-9. 2005..of STOCSY with supervised pattern recognition and particularly orthogonal projection on latent structure-discriminant analysis (O-PLS-DA) offers a new powerful framework for analysis of metabonomic data...
- Mass spectrometric and linear discriminant analysis of N-glycans of human serum alpha-1-acid glycoprotein in cancer patients and healthy individualsTimea Imre
Institute of Structural Chemistry, Chemical Research Center, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Pusztaszeri u 59 67, Hungary
J Proteomics 71:186-97. 2008..ovarian tumor) were analyzed by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and a multivariate statistical method (linear discriminant analysis, LDA). 34 different glycan structures have been identified...
- Discriminative feature co-occurrence selection for object detectionTakeshi Mita
Multimedia Laboratory, Corporate Research and Development Center, Toshiba Corporation, Kawasaki, Japan
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 30:1257-69. 2008....
- Diffuse reflectance spectroscopy for optical soft tissue differentiation as remote feedback control for tissue-specific laser surgeryFlorian Stelzle
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Lasers Surg Med 42:319-25. 2010..It is the aim of the study to use this technique on soft tissue samples, to set a technological basis for a remote optical feedback system for tissue-specific laser surgery...
- SR-FTIR spectroscopy of renal epithelial carcinoma side population cells displaying stem cell-like characteristicsCaryn Hughes
Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre, University of Manchester, 131 Princess Street, Manchester, UK M1 7DN
Analyst 135:3133-41. 2010..Using the chemometric techniques of Principal Component and Linear Discriminant Analysis (PCA and LDA) for multivariate reduction, biochemical differences between the cells from different sub-..
- Classification of individual lung cancer cell lines based on DNA methylation markers: use of linear discriminant analysis and artificial neural networksAlberto M Marchevsky
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Mol Diagn 6:28-36. 2004..The data were analyzed with artificial neural networks (ANN) and linear discriminant analysis (LDA) to classify the cell lines into SCLC or into NSCLC...
- Metabolomic investigation into variation of endogenous metabolites in professional athletes subject to strength-endurance trainingBei Yan
Key Laboratory of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, People s Republic of China
J Appl Physiol (1985) 106:531-8. 2009..e., principal component analysis (PCA), and partial least squares projection to latent structures and discriminant analysis (PLS-DA) were used to process the data...
- Effects of MRI acquisition parameter variations and protocol heterogeneity on the results of texture analysis and pattern discrimination: an application-oriented studyMarius E Mayerhoefer
Department of Radiology, MR Center of Excellence, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Med Phys 36:1236-43. 2009..0 T scanner equipped with a microimaging gradient insert coil. Linear discriminant analysis and k nearest neighbor classification were used for texture-based pattern discrimination...
- Shrinkage-based diagonal discriminant analysis and its applications in high-dimensional dataHerbert Pang
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Biometrics 65:1021-9. 2009..Diagonal discriminant analysis, support vector machines, and k-nearest neighbor have been suggested as among the best methods for small ..
- Classification of adolescent psychotic disorders using linear discriminant analysisPatricia J Pardo
The Domenici Research Center for Mental Illness, Brain Sciences Center, Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, 55454, USA
Schizophr Res 87:297-306. 2006..The differential diagnosis between schizophrenia and bipolar disorder during adolescence presents a major clinical problem. Can these two diagnoses be differentiated objectively early in the courses of illness?..
- Subspace projection approaches to classification and visualization of neural network-level encoding patternsRemus Osan
Center for Systems Neurobiology, Department of Pharmacology, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e404. 2007..Here we systematically employed a series of projection methods, such as Multiple Discriminant Analysis (MDA), Principal Components Analysis (PCA) and Artificial Neural Networks (ANN), and compared them with ..
- Decoding subjective preference from single-trial near-infrared spectroscopy signalsSheena Luu
Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, 164 College Street Room 407, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3G9, Canada
J Neural Eng 6:016003. 2009..Using mean signal amplitudes as features and linear discriminant analysis, we were able to decode which drink was preferred on a single-trial basis with an average accuracy of 80%.
- Characterisation of chondrogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells using synchrotron FTIR microspectroscopyChirapond Chonanant
Centre for Research and Development of Medical Diagnostic Laboratories, Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Khon Kaen University, Thailand
Analyst 136:2542-51. 2011..Classification of independent test spectra using partial least squares discriminant analysis (PLS-DA) could distinguish control and chondrocyte-induced cells with 100% accuracy...
- Regions of interest-based discriminant analysis of DaTSCAN SPECT and FDG-PET for the classification of dementiaValentina Garibotto
Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Unit, Department of Medical Imaging, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Clin Nucl Med 38:e112-7. 2013..The aim of this study was to assess the relative contribution of DAT and regional glucose metabolism imaging to the differential diagnosis...
- Fourier transform infrared microspectroscopy reveals that tissue culture conditions affect the macromolecular phenotype of human embryonic stem cellsJulie Cao
Monash Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories, Monash University, Building 75, STRIP 1, West Ring Road, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Analyst 138:4147-60. 2013....
- Identification of candidate markers associated with agronomic traits in rice using discriminant analysisN Zhang
Department of Agronomy and Environmental Management, LSU AgCenter, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
Theor Appl Genet 110:721-9. 2005..We have evaluated the potential of discriminant analysis (DA), a multivariate statistical procedure, to detect candidate markers associated with agronomic traits ..
- Predicting class II MHC/peptide multi-level binding with an iterative stepwise discriminant analysis meta-algorithmR R Mallios
Office of Sponsored Projects and Research, University of California, San Francisco, 2615 East Clinton Avenue, Fresno, CA 93703, USA
Bioinformatics 17:942-8. 2001..An agretope is that portion of a peptide that interacts with an MHC molecule. The identification and prediction of agretopes is the first step towards vaccine design...
- Dual-tracer dopamine transporter and perfusion SPECT in differential diagnosis of parkinsonism using template-based discriminant analysisKoenraad Van Laere
Division of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Gasthuisberg and K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Nucl Med 47:384-92. 2006....
- Acoustic identification of eight species of bat (mammalia: chiroptera) inhabiting forests of southern hokkaido, Japan: potential for conservation monitoringDai Fukui
Tomakomai Experimental Forest, Hokkaido University, Takoaka, Japan
Zoolog Sci 21:947-55. 2004....
- Discriminant analysis to evaluate clustering of gene expression dataMarco A Mendez
Laboratorio de Bioinformatica y Expresion Genica, INTA, Universidad de Chile, Macul 5540, Santiago, Chile
FEBS Lett 522:24-8. 2002..cluster analysis), dimension reduction (principal component analysis) and supervised methods (linear discriminant analysis) in a sequential form...
- Incremental linear discriminant analysis for classification of data streamsShaoning Pang
Knowledge Engineering and Discovery Research Institute, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern B Cybern 35:905-14. 2005..Basically, we propose an incremental linear discriminant analysis (ILDA) in its two forms: a sequential ILDA and a Chunk ILDA...
- Equivalence of improvement in area under ROC curve and linear discriminant analysis coefficient under assumption of normalityOlga V Demler
Department of Biostatistics, Boston University, 801 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Stat Med 30:1410-8. 2011..This paper demonstrates that under the assumption of multivariate normality and employing linear discriminant analysis (LDA) to construct the risk prediction tool, statistical significance of the new predictor(s) is ..
- Sparse partial-least-squares discriminant analysis for different geographical origins of Salvia miltiorrhiza by (1) H-NMR-based metabolomicsMiaomiao Jiang
Tianjin State Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicine, Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tianjin, 300193, PR China Key Laboratory of TCM Chemistry and Analysis, Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tianjin, 300193, PR China Research and Development Center of TCM, Tianjin International Joint Academy of Biotechnology and Medicine, Tianjin, 300457, PR China
Phytochem Anal 25:50-8. 2014..1) H nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy has clear advantages in respect of detecting various primary and secondary metabolites in plants simultaneously, non-targeted and non-destructively...
- A comparison approach toward finding the best feature and classifier in cue-based BCIR Boostani
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, School of Engineering, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran
Med Biol Eng Comput 45:403-12. 2007..coefficients, and fractal dimension along with support vector machine (SVM), Adaboost and Fisher linear discriminant analysis (FLDA) classifiers have been assessed...
- Thyroid nodule classification using ultrasound elastography via linear discriminant analysisSi Luo
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, United States
Ultrasonics 51:425-31. 2011..A classifier was developed based on the linear discriminant analysis (LDA) and used to differentiate the thyroid nodules into two types: (I) no FNA (observation-only) and (II) ..
- Coupling proton transfer reaction-mass spectrometry with linear discriminant analysis: a case studyFranco Biasioli
Istituto Agrario di S Michele a A, S Michele, Via E Mach 2, 38010, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 51:7227-33. 2003..varieties measured on the third to fourth day after harvest could be successfully distinguished by linear discriminant analysis (LDA) on PTR-MS spectra compressed by discriminant partial least squares (dPLS)...
- Classification of malignant gliomas by infrared spectroscopic imaging and linear discriminant analysisChristoph Krafft
Institute for Analytical Chemistry, Dresden University of Technology, 01062 Dresden, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 387:1669-77. 2007..II, astrocytoma grade III, glioblastoma multiforme grade IV, hemorrhage, and other tissue by a linear discriminant analysis model which was trained by data from a single-channel detector...
- Discriminant analysis models for early detection of glaucomatous optic disc changesM Iester
Department of Neurological and Visual Sciences, Ophthalmology B, University of Genoa and Division of Ophthalmology of the Gaslini G Institute, Genoa, Italy
Br J Ophthalmol 84:464-8. 2000..To evaluate and compare four different mathematical formulas for the early detection of morphometric optic nerve head changes in chronic open angle glaucoma...
- Application of multivariate statistical techniques in the assessment of water quality in the Southwest New Territories and Kowloon, Hong KongXuan Zhang
College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Nankai University, Tianjin, 300071, People s Republic of China
Environ Monit Assess 173:17-27. 2011..b>Discriminant analysis (DA) provided better results both temporally and spatially...
- Regularized linear discriminant analysis and its application in microarraysYaqian Guo
Department of Statistics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Biostatistics 8:86-100. 2007In this paper, we introduce a modified version of linear discriminant analysis, called the "shrunken centroids regularized discriminant analysis" (SCRDA)...
- Nonparametric discriminant analysis for face recognitionZhifeng Li
Department of Systems Engineering and Engineering Management, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 31:755-61. 2009In this paper, we develop a new framework for face recognition based on nonparametric discriminant analysis (NDA) and multi-classifier integration...
- Application of partial least squares discriminant analysis and variable selection procedures: a 2D-PAGE proteomic studyEmilio Marengo
Dipartimento di Scienze dell Ambiente e della Vita, Universita degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale, Via Bellini 25 G, 15100, Alessandria, Italy
Anal Bioanal Chem 390:1327-42. 2008..Here, partial least squares discriminant analysis was applied to improve the results obtained by classic image analysis and to identify the significant ..
- Metabolic response to Klebsiella pneumoniae infection in an experimental rat modelFangcong Dong
Key Laboratory of Magnetic Resonance in Biological Systems, State Key Laboratory of Magnetic Resonance and Atomic and Molecular Physics, Wuhan Centre for Magnetic Resonance, Wuhan Institute of Physics and Mathematics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, PR China
PLoS ONE 7:e51060. 2012..Our research provides underlying pathological processes of bacteremia and a better understanding of the clinical and biochemical manifestations of bacteremia...
- Discriminative motif discovery in DNA and protein sequences using the DEME algorithmEmma Redhead
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, 4072 Australia
BMC Bioinformatics 8:385. 2007....
- Discriminant analysis of Raman spectra for body fluid identification for forensic purposesVitali Sikirzhytski
Department of Chemistry, University at Albany, SUNY, 1400 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222, USA
Sensors (Basel) 10:2869-84. 2010..Results demonstrated the capability of Raman spectroscopy to identify an unknown substance to be semen, blood or saliva with high confidence...
- Color image discriminant models and algorithms for face recognitionJian Yang
Department of Computer Science, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
IEEE Trans Neural Netw 19:2088-98. 2008..26% at the false accept rate (FAR) of 0.1%...
- Automated classification of multi-spectral MR images using Linear Discriminant AnalysisGeng Cheng Lin
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Central University, Jhongli 320, Taiwan, ROC
Comput Med Imaging Graph 34:251-68. 2010..This work proposes a novel approach called "Unsupervised Linear Discriminant Analysis (ULDA)" to classify and segment the three major tissues, i.e...
- Optimization of human plasma 1H NMR spectroscopic data processing for high-throughput metabolic phenotyping studies and detection of insulin resistance related to type 2 diabetesAnthony D Maher
Department of Biomolecular Medicine, Division of Surgery, Oncology, Reproductive Biology and Anaesthetics, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, South Kensington SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
Anal Chem 80:7354-62. 2008..methods such as principal component analysis (PCA), orthogonal projections to latent structures discriminant analysis (O-PLS-DA) and statistical spectroscopic tools such as statistical total correlation spectroscopy (STOCSY),..
- Craniometric relationships among medieval Central European populations: implications for Croat migration and expansionMario Slaus
Department of Archaeology, Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, A Kovacica 5, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 45:434-44. 2004....
- Helical CT evaluation of the chemical composition of urinary tract calculi with a discriminant analysis of CT-attenuation values and densityMarie France Bellin
Department of Radiology, Hopital Paul Brousse, AP HP, Université Paris 11, 12 14 av P V Couturier, 94804 Villejuif Cedex, France
Eur Radiol 14:2134-40. 2004..When the first two ranks of highest probability for the accurate classification of each calculus type were taken into account, all cystine, calcium oxalate monohydrate and brushite calculi were correctly classified...
- Further evidence to show population specificity of discriminant function equations for sex determination using the talus of South African blacksMubarak A Bidmos
School of Anatomical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, 7 York Road, Parktown, 2193, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Forensic Sci 49:1165-70. 2004....
- Discriminant analysis of anthropometric and biomotor variables among elite adolescent female athletes in four sportsMario Leone
CHUM Hĵpital Notre Dame, University of Montreal, Canada
J Sports Sci 20:443-9. 2002..The biomotor variables were maximal aerobic power, muscular endurance and flexibility of the trunk. Discriminant analysis revealed three significant functions (P < 0. 05)...
- Characterisation of non-viable whole barley, wheat and sorghum grains using near-infrared hyperspectral data and chemometricsCushla M McGoverin
Department of Food Science, Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X1, Matieland, Stellenbosch 7602, South Africa
Anal Bioanal Chem 401:2283-9. 2011..Viable and non-viable classes for partial least squares-discriminant analysis (PLS-DA) were assigned from PC scores that correlated with incubation time...
- Intrauterine growth restriction alters the metabonome of the serum and jejunum in pigletsQinghua He
State Key Laboratory of Magnetic Resonance and Atomic and Molecular Physics, Wuhan Centre for Magnetic Resonance, Wuhan Institute of Physics and Mathematics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan 430071, P R China
Mol Biosyst 7:2147-55. 2011....
- Sexual dimorphism in the humerus: a comparative analysis of Chinese, Japanese and ThaisM Y Iscan
Department of Anatomy, University of Pretoria, South Africa
Forensic Sci Int 98:17-29. 1998..These findings confirm those of previous studies that there is a need for group specific metric standards of assessment...
- Discriminant analysis of patients' reasons for choosing or refusing treatments for partial edentulismC R Leles
Department of Prevention and Oral Rehabilitation, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, Goias, Brazil
J Oral Rehabil 36:909-15. 2009..b>Discriminant analysis was used to examine the impact of each reason for a patient's decision to choose or refuse treatment ..
- Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry-based metabolomic analysis of livers from aged ratsNari Son
Research Division for Emerging Innovation Technology, Korea Food Research Institute, Republic of Korea
J Proteome Res 11:2551-8. 2012..metabolites of rats aged 6, 12, 18, and 24 months; the MS data were processed by partial least-squares discriminant analysis (PLS-DA) to investigate the discrimination among sample groups...
- Assessment of mild hindlimb lameness during over ground locomotion using linear discriminant analysis of inertial sensor dataT Pfau
Structure and Motion Laboratory, Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, North Mymms, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Equine Vet J 39:407-13. 2007..The inertial sensor system can be used to capture 6 degree of freedom movement during over ground locomotion and here was used to quantify tuber coxae movement in nonlame and lame horses...
- [Diagnostic value of clinical indices in syndrome differentiation of chronic hepatitis B: an exploration based on receiver operating characteristic curves and stepwise discriminant analysis]Yu Zhao
Institute of Liver Diseases, Shuguang Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 10:1382-7. 2012....
- Discrimination of the geographical origin of beef by (1)H NMR-based metabolomicsYoungae Jung
Seoul Center, Korea Basic Science Institute, Seoul 136 713, Republic of Korea
J Agric Food Chem 58:10458-66. 2010..Principal component analysis (PCA) and orthogonal projection to latent structure-discriminant analysis (OPLS-DA) showed significant separation between extracts of beef originating from four countries: ..
- Exploratory investigation into mild brain injury and discriminant analysis with high frequency bands (32-64 Hz)K E Thornton
Center for Health Psychology, South Plainfield, NJ, USA
Brain Inj 13:477-88. 1999..The combination of the discriminants resulted in a 100% accuracy rate for the 39 brain injured subjects for which discriminate values were available...
- Orthogonal fuzzy neighborhood discriminant analysis for multifunction myoelectric hand controlRami N Khushaba
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, University of Technology Sydney, NSW 2007, Australia
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 57:1410-9. 2010..In this paper, a new dimensionality reduction method, referred to as orthogonal fuzzy neighborhood discriminant analysis (OFNDA), is proposed as a response to such a challenge...
- Near infrared hyperspectral imaging for the evaluation of endosperm texture in whole yellow maize (Zea maize L.) kernelsMarena Manley
Department of Food Science, Stellenbosch University, Matieland Stellenbosch, South Africa
J Agric Food Chem 57:8761-9. 2009..The vitreous and floury endosperm clusters were used to make a partial least-squares discriminant analysis (PLS-DA) model, using four components, with a coefficient of determination (R(2)) for the y data (kernel ..
- Graph constrained discriminant analysis: a new method for the integration of a graph into a classification processVincent Guillemot
Laboratory of Functional Genomics CEA, DSV, IRCM, Evry, France
PLoS ONE 6:e26146. 2011..We present a method called graph-constrained discriminant analysis (gCDA), which aims to integrate the information contained in one or several GRNs into a classification ..
- Dental morphology and variation in theropod dinosaurs: implications for the taxonomic identification of isolated teethJoshua B Smith
Department of Earth and Environmental Science, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 285:699-736. 2005..However, the results indicate that expanding the standard should facilitate the identification of numerous types of isolated theropod teeth...
- Discriminant analysis of ¹⁸F-fluorothymidine kinetic parameters to predict survival in patients with recurrent high-grade gliomaMirwais Wardak
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:6553-62. 2011....
- Lactate and glycine-potential MR biomarkers of prognosis in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancersGuro F Giskeødegård
Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
NMR Biomed 25:1271-9. 2012..The data were analyzed by multivariate principal component analysis and partial least-squares discriminant analysis, and the findings of important metabolites were confirmed by spectral integration of the metabolite peaks...
- Osteometric variation in the humerus: sexual dimorphism in South AfricansM Steyn
Department of Anatomy, University of Pretoria, South Africa
Forensic Sci Int 106:77-85. 1999..South African collections are ideal for osteometric analysis, because they are still growing in numbers with cross-sectional representatives from the country...
- Chemometric application in identifying sources of organic contaminants in Langat river basinRozita Osman
Faculty of Applied Sciences, Universiti Teknologi MARA, 40450 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Environ Monit Assess 184:1001-14. 2012..This study presented the application of selected chemometric techniques: cluster analysis (CA), discriminant analysis (DA), and principal component analysis (PCA) to classify the pollution sources in Langat river basin based ..
- Spatial assessment of Langat River water quality using chemometricsHafizan Juahir
Department of Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Environmental Studies, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
J Environ Monit 12:287-95. 2010..with the assessment of Langat River water quality with some chemometrics approaches such as cluster and discriminant analysis coupled with an artificial neural network (ANN)...
- Local linear discriminant analysis framework using sample neighborsZizhu Fan
Bio Computing Research Center, Shenzhen Graduate School, Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen, China
IEEE Trans Neural Netw 22:1119-32. 2011The linear discriminant analysis (LDA) is a very popular linear feature extraction approach. The algorithms of LDA usually perform well under the following two assumptions...
- CSF-neurofilament and levodopa tests combined with discriminant analysis may contribute to the differential diagnosis of Parkinsonian syndromesB Holmberg
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Department of Neurology, University of Goteborg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, 413 45, Sweden
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 8:23-31. 2001..As they are pathologically unrelated, the diagnostic precision increases compared to clinical diagnoses when they are combined...
- Neural Representation of Reach-to-Grasp for Cortical FES NeuroprosthesesAbidemi Bolu Ajiboye; Fiscal Year: 2012..Offline discriminant analysis (DA) models will assess how well the neural activities of these imagined and performed hand postures can ..
- METABOLITE BIOIMARKERS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF ESOPHAGEAL ADENOCARCINOMAThomas L Vaughan; Fiscal Year: 2013..models for sample classification (BE-GERD and HGD/EA-BE) will be constructed using partial least-squares discriminant analysis, and model performance estimated by Monte Carlo cross-validation...
- Inflammatory Transcripts, Genes and Positive Valence System Function in AnhedoniaJERZY ALEKSANDER BODURKA; Fiscal Year: 2013..within this network are inter-correlated, we will use the covariance matrix formed by the mRNA levels in discriminant analysis type-functions to classify cases on the basis of having elevated or non-elevated gene network activity...
- Computational tools for T- and B-cell epitope predictionWerner A Braun; Fiscal Year: 2010..will be used in combination with a partial least squares approach to reduce the number of variables in the discriminant analysis and in artificial neural networks...
- Communication Ability and Work Re-Entry in Adults with Brain InjuryPETER A MEULENBROEK; Fiscal Year: 2012..Both groups will be administered the tests identified in Aim 1, and discriminant analysis using logistic regression will be used to test the hypothesis that communication variables differentiate ..
- Profiling Plasma Unbound Free Fatty Acids for Early Detection of StrokeALAN MARC KLEINFELD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using linear discriminant analysis, stroke classifiers will be constructed from the FFAu profiles and from the set of probe responses...
- Peripheral Biomarkers in Familial Alzheimer's DiseasePaul Coleman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Statistical analysis of these data will be by means of multivariate discriminant analysis, as we have done in our earlier work...
- Adolescent trauma, psychopathology and resilience: A person-focused approachBeth S Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2012..be accomplished by the use of the statistical procedures multivariable analysis of variance and multiple discriminant analysis. Psychopathology associated with exposure to traumatic events is arguably the most common mental health ..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF ALTERED IMMUNITY IN CELIAC DISEASEJOSEPH MICHALSKI; Fiscal Year: 1990..e., detection of "carriers". Pedigree discriminant analysis of the multivariate data on each member of the pedigrees will be used to define a constellation of immune ..
- Interval Timing and Motor Programming by Cortico-Striatal EnsemblesMiguel A L Nicolelis; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will use neural decoding algorithms (Wiener filter, Kalman filter, discriminant analysis and Markov chains) to extract both temporal and spatial characteristics of motor patterns from large ..
- VISUAL FUNCTION IN RETINAL ISCHEMIAMary Johnson; Fiscal Year: 1992..Linear discriminant analysis will be performed separately on these groups, in order to determine which ERG and clinical variables ..
- Identification of Clinically Relevant TMD Subtypes Using Cluster AnalysisEric Bair; Fiscal Year: 2013..We further hypothesize that TMD-free controls can be grouped into similar clusters. 2. Using discriminant analysis, logistic regression, and more advanced machine learning methods, we will develop rules for classifying ..
- Quantitative Methods for Spectral and Image Data in Proteomics ResearchTimothy W Randolph; Fiscal Year: 2010..discrimination analysis methods that build on aims 1 and 2, as well as a developing "functional" discriminant analysis as an alternative for certain technologies in which a simple peak list may ignore subtle or low-abundant ..
- Risk for Workplace Violence in Long-Haul TruckersDebra Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Dependent on the specific aim, bivariate relationships, logistic regression, discriminant analysis, Cronbach's alpha, and ANCOVA will be used...
- Speech Intelligibility Testing in Children with Repaired Cleft PalateDavid Zajac; Fiscal Year: 2007..Multiple regression and descriptive discriminant analysis techniques will be employed...
- WHAT DAMAGE DOES VAGINAL BIRTH CAUSEJohn DeLancey; Fiscal Year: 2000..interactions have at least an 80% probability of correct prediction of SI compared with PC or NC by using discriminant analysis. 3) Construct a predictive model for SUI using discriminant functions and classification trees to indicate ..
- SBIR PHASE II- TOPIC 234- AUTOMATED PATTERN RECOGNITION IN SATELLITE IMAGERYPIERRE E GOOVAERTS; Fiscal Year: 2009..software, automatic identification of environmental exposure patterns through space-time interpolation and discriminant analysis, animated display and query of pattern analysis results, and exploration of relationships between exposure ..
- Metabolomic and Isotopomer Analysis of Xenobiotic StressHenri Brunengraber; Fiscal Year: 2009..A number of techniques will be evaluated, including Principal Component Analysis, Fisher Discriminant Analysis and Partial Least Squares. 2...
- A PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF PERSONALITY AND RISK OF CANCERRICHARD SHEKELLE; Fiscal Year: 1980..In addition, item analysis and discriminant analysis will be used to search for other aspects of personality that may be related to cancer incidence...
- Rett syndrome: determinants of outcome and burdenHelen Leonard; Fiscal Year: 2007..regression models to examine effects of different variables on child and family level outcomes and discriminant analysis, recursive partitioning and machine learning to identify genotype/phenotype associations at the individual ..
- MEDICALLY TREATED AND FATAL SUICIDE ACTS: NUMBER & COSTTed Miller; Fiscal Year: 2002..2) Using the pooled state data and CHAID tree-building tools, to develop and validate a discriminant analysis model for estimating injury causes from national or state hospital discharge data without E-codes...
- Proteomics Approaches to Interstitial Cystitis.Brian Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., hierarchical cluster analysis and K-means methods, canonical correlations, discriminant analysis, Bayesian statistics, self-organizing maps and neural networks) that can stratify samples according to ..
- A Virtual Reality Environment for Genomic Data VisualizationFatima Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2007..select among a number of data projection techniques, including principal component analysis (PCA), linear discriminant analysis (LDA), singular value decomposition (SVD), multi-dimensional scaling (MDS), projection pursuit (PP), self-..
- BEHAVIOR CHANGE EFFECTED BY BSE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMSCAROLE CHRVALA; Fiscal Year: 1990..and proficiency of BSE practice between each of the treatment groups, and multiple regression and discriminant analysis to identify those variables that differentiate between performers and non-performers of BSE as well as ..
- Tree Ensemble Regression and Classification MethodsJAMES SCHIMERT; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposed software will enable medical researchers to obtain high prediction accuracy, and complement traditional tools like discriminant analysis, linear and logistic regression models, and the Cox model.
- PATTERN RECOGNITION IN NUCLEIC ACID SEQUENCE DATABASESChristian Burks; Fiscal Year: 1991..These measures will be combined through discriminant analysis to create an algorithm that predicts whether or not a potential donor or acceptor site is functional...
- DETECTION OF ALCOHOLISM AND HEAVY ALCOHOL INTAKEARTHUR CHAN; Fiscal Year: 1993..Researchers have shown that the use of discriminant analysis (DA) of blood chemistries can classify with high accuracy alcoholics or heavy drinkers...
- Provider Attitudes and Performance: Responses to Pay-for-Quality IncentivesAnthony Waddimba; Fiscal Year: 2007..a modification of the theory of planned[unreadable] behavior (TPB), and the empirical methods of multiple discriminant analysis and structural[unreadable] equation modeling, we will determine a multivariable model of provider ..
- COMPUTER-AIDED RESEARCH ON NURSING DIAGNOSISBetty Chang; Fiscal Year: 1992..formulated by a panel of 10 clinical nurse specialists for 10 actual patients; aim (4): performance of a discriminant analysis and testing the discriminant model with data from 414 patients; aim (5): expert opinion evaluations of ..
- ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY OF CANNABINOID ACTION ON RAT BEHAVIORSJing Yu Chang; Fiscal Year: 2001..Ensemble activity of many neurons in relation to behavioral events will be examined using discriminant analysis. The goal of this research is to test the hypothesis that cannabinoids act to selectively disrupt ..
- AIDS EDUCATION TO I.V. DRUG USERS AND SEXUAL PARTNERSRichard Stephens; Fiscal Year: 1991..Analysis of covariance, discriminant analysis and LISREL are proposed as potential data analytic techniques.
- INTELLIGENT MAPPING OF GENE EXPRESSION PROFILESYue Wang; Fiscal Year: 2000..The innovative nature of the research relies on the concept of combining (1) a hybrid stepwise nonlinear discriminant analysis for biomarker identification and (2) a hierarchical visual exploration of multi-foci high-dimensional ..
- INTELLIGENT MAPPING OF GENE EXPRESSION PROFILESYue Wang; Fiscal Year: 2002..The innovative nature of the research relies on the concept of combining (1) a hybrid stepwise nonlinear discriminant analysis for biomarker identification and (2) a hierarchical visual exploration of multi-foci high-dimensional ..
- CLINICAL MEASUREMENTS OF OPTIC NERVE DAMAGE IN GLAUCOMAJoseph Caprioli; Fiscal Year: 2004..b>Discriminant analysis and neural networks will be used to test the effectiveness of combined measures, and to estimate the ..
- MAXIMIZING POSTOPERATIVE FUNCTIONAL OUTCOMES IN ELDERSValerie Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 1999..Caregiver burden and health resource utilization will be evaluated at postoperative follow up visits. Discriminant analysis will be used to evaluate the relationship between preoperative status for primary determinants and ..
- DEMONSTRATION OF CASE MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORTED HOUSINGMichael Sosin; Fiscal Year: 1992..The outcome evaluation also determines whether interventions are more effective for some individuals than for others. Data analysis relies on analysis of covariance, logistic regression, and discriminant analysis.
- Statistical analysis of radionuclide imagesSong Lai; Fiscal Year: 2006..Two methods, a pixel-based logistic discriminant analysis system and a channelized Hotelling observer, will be "trained" on known images, and then used to ..
- COPING WITH CAD AFTER MI--PREDICTIVE MODEL FOR NURSINGMARIE DRIEVER; Fiscal Year: 1990..A discriminant analysis procedure will be used to compare survivors and nonsurvivors on selected variables of the coping process...
- NEW STATISTICAL METHODS FOR MEDICAL SIGNALS AND IMAGESIain Johnstone; Fiscal Year: 2002..To study covariance structure, the project proposes "sparse" forms of principal components and discriminant analysis that may be more sensitive to either local phenomena of not necessarily smooth form or that are more ..
- Adipose Metabolic Profiling for Obesity Drug TargetingKyongbum Lee; Fiscal Year: 2005..parallel metabolic flux libraries using established modeling methodologies, d) Perform multivariate discriminant analysis on the metabolite and flux libraries to identify significant markers for each of the growth conditions...
- SERVICE USE BY IMPAIRED ELDERLY AND INFORMAL CAREGIVERSLINDA NOELKER; Fiscal Year: 1993..These include: multiple and logistic regression, discriminant analysis, exploratory factor analysis, and LISREL analysis.
- TC-99M NGA IN THE EVALUATION OF LIVER DISEASEROBERT STADALNIK; Fiscal Year: 1992..With the discriminant analysis method, classification of disease presence and disease category can be accomplished...
- COMPARISON OF IMP & HMPAO CEREBRAL SPECT IN ALZHEIMERSChristopher van Dyck; Fiscal Year: 1991..An analysis of variance and a discriminant analysis will be performed in order to determine which combination of radiopharmaceutical and ROI maximally ..
- Smoking Relapse among Mothers of InfantsKATHLEEN GAFFNEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..Data analysis will include multiple and logistic regression, discriminant analysis, and canonical correlation models. Implications for practice, research, and policy will be disseminated...
- Structure and dynamics of DNA hairpinsGERARD HARBISON; Fiscal Year: 2005..with which conformation can be determined from chemical shift and shielding tensors data by the methods of discriminant analysis, and this statistical information will be incorporated as a weighting factor in refinement protocols for ..
- Proteomics software package for the detection of cancerMaciek Sasinowski; Fiscal Year: 2003..and modified statistical approaches for signal conditioning (Wiener filters) and classification (linear discriminant analysis, principal components analysis, support vector machines, Bayes method) of SELDI data derived from analysis ..
- Molecular Fingerprinting of Breast Cancer DevelopmentVladimir Shulaev; Fiscal Year: 2009..These fingerprints are processed with variable selection and discriminant analysis algorithms from which the determinant molecules for each stage of breast cancer development will be ..
- Expression profiling of human isletsKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Second, we will apply discriminant analysis to the microarray data to identify a set of up to 96 genes that are most predictive of islet function...
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder in Older AdultsMargaret Anne Mackintosh; Fiscal Year: 2006..The impact of personality traits on lifetime GAD will be assessed using non-parametric multiple discriminant analysis. Finally, to assess the role of genetic and environmental factors on lifetime GAD, behavior genetic models ..
- INFANT GROWTH FAILURE AND NURSING CAREMARILYN STEMBER; Fiscal Year: 1992..b>Discriminant analysis using linear or logistic regression methods will be used in Aim 3 for developing the framework for a risk ..
- ABUSE/DISTRESS MODEL OF DRUG TREATMENT ENGAGEMENTRobert Fiorentine; Fiscal Year: 1999..Along with OLS and logistic regressions, repeated measures, discriminant analysis, and other multivariate statistical applications, structural equations modeling (EQS) will be utilized to ..
- ULTRASONIC PROPERTIES OF NORMAL AND PATHOLOGICAL TISSUESPETER EDMONDS; Fiscal Year: 1993..In particular, we seek to discriminate benign from malignant states. Discriminant analysis using the jackknifing technique, classification and regression trees, and neural net analyses will be ..
- Multimodality CAD system with image references for breast mass characterizationBerkman Sahiner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Any reduction in this number without a decrease in breast cancer detection sensitivity will decrease health care costs, as well as contribute to the well-being of the patient by reducing anxiety and morbidity. ..
- Cognitive Brain Activity: Aging and DementiaRobert Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Multivariate statistics are used to measure the ERP components and to develop functions that discriminate among the subject groups and predict AD among the MCI patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Digital Mammography: Advanced Computer-Aided Breast Can*Heang Ping Chan; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Biomarkers of Aging in the Sera MetabolomeBruce Kristal; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., 1 and 2-D clustering, heat maps, self-organizing maps, principal components analysis, partial least squares, partial least squares projection to latent structures discriminant analysis, etc).
- Computer Aided Diagnosis of Lung CancerHeang Ping Chan; Fiscal Year: 2006..When fully developed and clinically implemented, a CAD system for lung nodules will increase the efficacy of lung cancer screening with helical CT, improve early detection, and improve the chance of survival of patients. ..
- Three-Class ROC Analysis for Task-Based Medical Image Quality AssessmentXin He; Fiscal Year: 2008..proposed a three- class ROC analysis method that extends and unifies the decision theoretic, linear discriminant analysis and probabilistic foundations of binary ROC in a three-class paradigm...
- Behavioral Interventions for Low Back PainSTEVEN GEORGE; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Lung Imaging Database Resource for Imaging ResearchMIKE MCNITT GRAY; Fiscal Year: 2006..SA-3 To provide a means for documentation and distribution of this database to researchers through the internet. ..
- Monte Carlo Based Patient Radiation Dose from CTMichael McNitt Gray; Fiscal Year: 2008..can be obtained without performing all aspects of the detailed analysis and modeling. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pharmacogenetics in Tourette SyndromHarvey Singer; Fiscal Year: 2004..The identification of genetic polymorphisms that are associated with clinical disease or treatment success, has obvious benefits. ..