Genomes and Genes
Summary: The science and art of collecting, summarizing, and analyzing data that are subject to random variation. The term is also applied to the data themselves and to the summarization of the data.
Publications295 found, 100 shown here
- Non-inferiority trials: design concepts and issues - the encounters of academic consultants in statisticsRALPH B D'AGOSTINO
Boston University Statistics and Consulting Unit, 111 Cummington Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Stat Med 22:169-86. 2003..Serious consideration to expansions of and alternatives to non-inferiority trials are needed...
- Analysis of natural history of Japanese cedar pollinosisToru Okawa
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 131:39-45. 2003..The marked increase in the incidence of Japanese cedar (Cryptomeria japonica; JC) pollinosis is a social problem in Japan. Elucidation of its natural history is, therefore, essential...
- Applying the right statistics: analyses of measurement studiesJ M Bland
St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 22:85-93. 2003..mean plot, and the pitfalls of plotting difference against one variable only. We stress that these are questions of estimation, not significance tests, and show how confidence intervals can be found for these estimates...
- Advanced statistics: missing data in clinical research--part 2: multiple imputationCraig D Newgard
Center for Policy and Research in Emergency Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Acad Emerg Med 14:669-78. 2007....
- Statistics of spatial cone-excitation ratios in natural scenesSérgio M C Nascimento
Department of Physics, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 19:1484-90. 2002..The statistics of spatial cone-excitation ratios for randomly selected pairs of points in these scenes were determined for two ..
- Practical approaches to analyzing results of microarray experimentsNaftali Kaminski
Department of Functional Genomics, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 27:125-32. 2002..The practical focus of this review should remove the mystery behind the analysis of microarray experiments, thus leading to more productive and efficient use of the technology...
- Does EBM offer the best opportunity yet for teaching medical statistics?Richard W Morris
Royal Free and University College Medical School, Royal Free Campus, Rowland Hill Street, London NW3 2PF, UK
Stat Med 21:969-77; discussion 979-81, 983-84. 2002Trends in the teaching of statistics to medical undergraduates since the 1970s are traced...
- Simpleaffy: a BioConductor package for Affymetrix Quality Control and data analysisClaire L Wilson
Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Bioinformatics 21:3683-5. 2005..Simpleaffy also offers fast implementations of popular algorithms for generating expression summaries and detection calls...
- Statistics of natural image categoriesAntonio Torralba
Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, MIT, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Network 14:391-412. 2003..We discuss how second-order statistics are correlated with image categories, scene scale and objects...
- Rapid word learning under uncertainty via cross-situational statisticsChen Yu
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences and Program in Cognitive Science, Indiana University, IN 47405, USA
Psychol Sci 18:414-20. 2007..This article discusses a cross-situational learning strategy based on computing distributional statistics across words, across referents, and, most important, across the co-occurrences of words and referents at ..
- Comparative phylogeographic summary statistics for testing simultaneous vicarianceM J Hickerson
Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, University of California, 3101 Valley Life Sciences Building, Berkeley, California 94720 3160, USA
Mol Ecol 15:209-23. 2006..We simulate vicariance to characterize the behaviour of several commonly used summary statistics across a range of divergence times, and to characterize this behaviour in comparative phylogeographic datasets ..
- Targeting c-Myc-activated genes with a correlation method: detection of global changes in large gene expression network dynamicsD Remondini
Dipartimento di Fisica and Galvani Center for Biocomplexity, Universita di Bologna, Bologna 40127, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:6902-6. 2005..We show that the correlation-based model can establish a clear relationship between network structure and the cascade of c-myc-activated genes...
- Patients and medical statistics. Interest, confidence, and abilitySteven Woloshin
The VA Outcomes Group 111B, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:996-1000. 2005People are increasingly presented with medical statistics. There are no existing measures to assess their level of interest or confidence in using medical statistics.
- Teaching statistics to medical students using problem-based learning: the Australian experienceJ Martin Bland
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, United Kingdom
BMC Med Educ 4:31. 2004Problem-based learning (PBL) is gaining popularity as a teaching method in UK medical schools, but statistics and research methods are not being included in this teaching...
- Towards good practice for health statistics: lessons from the Millennium Development Goal health indicatorsChristopher J L Murray
Harvard University, School of Public Health and Initiative for Global Health, Cambridge, MA, USA
Lancet 369:862-73. 2007Health statistics are at the centre of an increasing number of worldwide health controversies...
- Estimating recombination rates from single-nucleotide polymorphisms using summary statisticsBadri Padhukasahasram
Molecular and Computational Biology and Biostatistics Division, Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
Genetics 174:1517-28. 2006..method for jointly estimating crossing-over and gene-conversion rates from population genetic data using summary statistics. The performance of our method was tested on simulated data sets and compared with the composite-likelihood ..
- Statistics in orthopaedic papersA Petrie
UCL Eastman Dental Institute, 256 Grays Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:1121-36. 2006..in the design and analysis of data has gained prominence in recent years, biostatistics, the application of statistics to the analysis of biological and medical data, is still a subject which is poorly understood and often ..
- Processing of data generated by 2-dimensional gel electrophoresis for statistical analysis: missing data, normalization, and statisticsJinsook Chang
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78284 7762, USA
J Proteome Res 3:1210-8. 2004....
- Assessing spatial and nonspatial factors for healthcare access: towards an integrated approach to defining health professional shortage areasFahui Wang
Department of Geography, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL 60115 2854, USA
Health Place 11:131-46. 2005..The research is intended to develop an integrated approach for defining Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) that may help the US Department of Health and Human Services and state health departments improve HPSA designation...
- Comparison of methods for estimating the number of true null hypotheses in multiplicity testingHuey Miin Hsueh
Department of Statistics, National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Biopharm Stat 13:675-89. 2003..by Benjamini and Hochberg (2000) on the adaptive control of the FDR in multiple testing with independent statistics, and the mean of differences method appear to perform the best...
- Statistics for phylogenetic treesSusan Holmes
Statistics Department, Stanford University, CA 94305 4065, USA
Theor Popul Biol 63:17-32. 2003..Then we pose the problem in geometrical terms, using distances and measures on a natural space of trees. We do not solve the problems of inference on tree space, but suggest some coherent ways of tackling them...
- Advanced statistics: missing data in clinical research--part 1: an introduction and conceptual frameworkJason S Haukoos
Department of Emergency Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO, USA
Acad Emerg Med 14:662-8. 2007..In part 2, the authors will describe in detail multiple imputation, a more sophisticated and valid method for handling missing data...
- An oblique effect for local motion: psychophysics and natural movie statisticsSteven C Dakin
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, Bath Street, London, United Kingdom
J Vis 5:878-87. 2005..To investigate the origin of this effect, we measured local motion statistics from natural movies (filmed from the point of view of a walking observer)...
- Mathematical background and attitudes toward statistics in a sample of Spanish college studentsJose Carmona
Department of Psychology, University of Huelva, Avda Fuerzas Armadas, S N, 21007 Huelva, Spain
Psychol Rep 97:53-62. 2005To examine the relation of mathematical background and initial attitudes toward statistics of Spanish college students in social sciences the Survey of Attitudes Toward Statistics was given to 827 students...
- Kappa statistics to measure interrater and intrarater agreement for 1790 cervical biopsy specimens among twelve pathologists: qualitative histopathologic analysis and methodologic issuesAnais Malpica
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gynecol Oncol 99:S38-52. 2005....
- A critique of claims from Reynolds, Nicolson & Hambly (2003) that DDAT is an effective treatment for children with reading difficulties--'lies, damned lies and (inappropriate) statistics'?Margaret J Snowling
Department of Psychology, University of York, York, Hestington, United Kingdom
Dyslexia 9:127-33; discussion 134-5. 2003..We outline the numerous methodological and statistical problems with this study and conclude that it provides no evidence that DDAT is an effective form of treatment for children with reading difficulties...
- Atom-wise statistics and prediction of solvent accessibility in proteinsY Hemajit Singh
Department of Biosciences, Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi 110025, India
Biophys Chem 124:145-54. 2006..e., at an atomic level is expected to help in bioinformatics approaches to structure prediction, functional relevance of atomic solvent accessibilities and other interaction analyses...
- Reducing the influence of anecdotal reasoning on people's health care decisions: is a picture worth a thousand statistics?Angela Fagerlin
VA Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0429, USA
Med Decis Making 25:398-405. 2005..People's treatment decisions are often influenced by anecdotal rather than statistical information. This can lead to patients making decisions based on others' experiences rather than on evidence-based medicine...
- Protein NMR recall, precision, and F-measure scores (RPF scores): structure quality assessment measures based on information retrieval statisticsYuanpeng J Huang
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine and Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Northeast Structural Genomics Consortium, and Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854 5368, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:1665-74. 2005..of the goodness-of-fit of the 3D structures with NOESY peak lists using methods from information retrieval statistics. The sensitivity of the F-measure is improved using a scaled Fold Discriminating Power (DP) score...
- A new non-linear normalization method for reducing variability in DNA microarray experimentsChristopher Workman
Genedata AG, Basel, Switzerland
Genome Biol 3:research0048. 2002..Current normalization techniques are most often linear and therefore not capable of fully correcting for these effects...
- Advanced statistics: understanding medical record review (MRR) studiesAndrew Worster
Department of Emergency Medicine, Hamilton Health Sciences and McMaster University, and the Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Acad Emerg Med 11:187-92. 2004..The purpose of this article is to provide the reader with methodological guidance regarding the strengths and weaknesses of these types of studies...
- Simpson's paradox and calculation of number needed to treat from meta-analysisChristopher J Cates
Manor View Surgery, Bushey Health Centre, London Road, Bushey, Watford, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 2:1. 2002..Calculation of numbers needed to treat (NNT) is more complex from meta-analysis than from single trials. Treating the data as if it all came from one trial may lead to misleading results when the trial arms are imbalanced...
- Correlation statistics for cDNA microarray image analysisRadhakrishnan Nagarajan
Center on Aging, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 629 Jack Stephens Drive, Room 3105, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
IEEE/ACM Trans Comput Biol Bioinform 3:232-8. 2006In this paper, correlation of the pixels comprising a microarray spot is investigated. Subsequently, correlation statistics, namely, Pearson correlation and Spearman rank correlation, are used to segment the foreground and background ..
- 'A memorandum on the Present Position and Prospects of Medical Statistics and Epidemiology' by Major GreenwoodVern Farewell
Medical Research Council Biostatistics Unit, University of Cambridge Institute of Public Health, Cambridge, UK
Stat Med 25:2161-77. 2006..It raises three issues, namely, the profile of medical statistics in 1928, the development of mathematical statistics in the U.K., and the staffing of his own department...
- Comparison of maximum statistics for hypothesis testing when a nuisance parameter is present only under the alternativeGang Zheng
Office of Biostatistics Research, DECA, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, 6701 Rockledge Drive, MSC 7938, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biometrics 61:254-8. 2005..Davies (1977, Biometrika 64, 247-254) proposed the maximum of the score statistics over the whole range of the nuisance parameter as a test statistic for this type of hypothesis testing...
- MAMMOTH (matching molecular models obtained from theory): an automated method for model comparisonAngel R Ortiz
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York University, New York, New York 10029, USA
Protein Sci 11:2606-21. 2002..Overall, our results indicate that the new program (MAMMOTH) will be a good tool for protein structure comparisons in structural genomics applications. MAMMOTH is available from our web site at http://physbio.mssm.edu/~ortizg/...
- Statistics review 4: sample size calculationsElise Whitley
Medical Statistics, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Crit Care 6:335-41. 2002....
- How statistical expertise is used in medical researchDouglas G Altman
Centre for Statistics in Medicine, Cancer Research UK NHS, Institute of Health Sciences, Old Rd, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LF, England
JAMA 287:2817-20. 2002..Investigation of the nature and frequency of statistician involvement in medical research and its relation to the final editorial decision...
- Kappa statistics in the assessment of observer variation: the significance of multiple observers classifying ankle fracturesNiels O B Thomsen
Department of Radiology, Sønderborg Hospital, DK 6400 Sønderborg, Denmark
J Orthop Sci 7:163-6. 2002Studies using kappa statistics have been conducted with a varied but limited number of observers. The aim of this study was to evaluate the significance of multiple observers on kappa as a measure of observer variation...
- Statistics in medical researchP Sprent
Division of Mathematics, University of Dundee, Scotland
Swiss Med Wkly 133:522-9. 2003The role of statistics in medical research starts at the planning stage of a clinical trial or laboratory experiment to establish the design and size of an experiment that will ensure a good prospect of detecting effects of clinical or ..
- Medical students' perspective on the teaching of medical statistics in the undergraduate medical curriculumJeremy Astin
University of Bristol Medical School, University Walk, Bristol, UK
Stat Med 21:1003-6; discussion 1007. 2002..Two undergraduate medical students at the University of Bristol commented on their experiences of learning medical statistics. In general, medical students' focus is on acquiring skills needed to practice clinical medicine, and great care ..
- Covariates of corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) concentrations in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) from healthy humansJames N Baraniuk
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Room GL 002, Lower Level Gorman Building, Georgetown University, 3800 Reservoir Road, NW, Washington, DC 20007 2197, USA
BMC Neurosci 5:58. 2004..CRHCSF was first correlated with demographic, vital sign, HPA axis, validated questionnaire domains, baseline and maximal responses to pain, exercise and other stressors. Significant factors were used for linear regression modeling...
- Statistics review 1: presenting and summarising dataElise Whitley
University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Crit Care 6:66-71. 2002The present review is the first in an ongoing guide to medical statistics, using specific examples from intensive care. The first step in any analysis is to describe and summarize the data...
- Relationship between sex steroid and vitellogenin concentrations in flounder (Platichthys flesus) sampled from an estuary contaminated with estrogenic endocrine-disrupting compoundsAlexander P Scott
Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Cefas, Weymouth, United Kingdom
Environ Health Perspect 114:27-31. 2006..However, matched by month of capture and stage of maturation, both 17beta-estradiol in females and 11-keto-testosterone in males were in most cases significantly lower in those years when VTG concentrations were higher...
- Perceptual anisotropies in visual processing and their relation to natural image statisticsBruce C Hansen
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Network 14:501-26. 2003..Results are evaluated in the context of a divisive normalization model...
- Pooling data for number needed to treat: no problems for applesR Andrew Moore
Pain Research and Nuffield Department of Anaesthetics, University of Oxford, Oxford Radcliffe Hospital, The Churchill, Headington, Oxford, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 2:2. 2002....
- Statistics review 6: Nonparametric methodsElise Whitley
University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Crit Care 6:509-13. 2002..The present review introduces nonparametric methods. Three of the more common nonparametric methods are described in detail, and the advantages and disadvantages of nonparametric versus parametric methods in general are discussed...
- Discovery of meaningful associations in genomic data using partial correlation coefficientsAlberto de la Fuente
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Virginia Bioinformatics Institute, 1880 Pratt Drive, Blacksburg 24061, USA
Bioinformatics 20:3565-74. 2004..This approach enables a distinction between direct and indirect interactions of biochemical compounds, thereby inferring the underlying network topology...
- Analysis of microarray data using Z score transformationChris Cheadle
DNA Array Unit, Research Resources Branch, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21221, USA
J Mol Diagn 5:73-81. 2003..The results provided by these methods can be as rigorous and are no more arbitrary than other test methods, and, in addition, they have the advantage that they can be easily adapted to standard spreadsheet programs...
- Power of eight tree shape statistics to detect nonrandom diversification: a comparison by simulation of two models of cladogenesisPaul Michael Agapow
School of Applied Statistics, University of Reading, UK
Syst Biol 51:866-72. 2002..Two tests that do not require completely resolved phylogenies, mean I' and mean I'(10), have reasonable power...
- Bayes or bootstrap? A simulation study comparing the performance of Bayesian Markov chain Monte Carlo sampling and bootstrapping in assessing phylogenetic confidenceMichael E Alfaro
Evolution and Ecology, University of California, Davis, USA
Mol Biol Evol 20:255-66. 2003..BMCMC-PP provided high support values for correct topological bipartitions with fewer characters than was needed for nonparametric bootstrap...
- COMPASS: a tool for comparison of multiple protein alignments with assessment of statistical significanceRuslan Sadreyev
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9050, USA
J Mol Biol 326:317-36. 2003..The potential value of COMPASS for structure/function predictions is illustrated by the detection of an intricate homology between the DNA-binding domain of the CTF/NFI family and the MH1 domain of the Smad family...
- Fundamentals of experimental design for cDNA microarraysGary A Churchill
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Nat Genet 32:490-5. 2002..The discussion focuses on two-color spotted cDNA microarrays, but many of the same issues apply to single-color gene-expression assays as well...
- What to add to nothing? Use and avoidance of continuity corrections in meta-analysis of sparse dataMichael J Sweeting
MRC Biostatistics Unit, Institute of Public Health, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 2SR, UK
Stat Med 23:1351-75. 2004..To compare the performance of different meta-analysis methods for pooling odds ratios when applied to sparse event data with emphasis on the use of continuity corrections...
- Robust singular value decomposition analysis of microarray dataLi Liu
National Institute of Statistical Sciences, P O Box 14006, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 4006, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:13167-72. 2003..Our method requires a single pass and does not resort to complex "cleaning" or imputation of the data table before analysis. We illustrate the method with a commercial data set...
- Multiple comparisons model-based clustering and ternary pattern tree numerical display of gene response to treatment: procedure and application to the preclinical evaluation of chemopreventive agentsThomas R Sutter
W Harry Feinstone Center for Genomic Research, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee 38152, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 1:1283-92. 2002..Also, small treatment-specific subsets of genes were identified that may be indicative of additional pharmacophores present in the test compounds...
- The misuse of statistics: concepts, tools, and a research agendaJohn S Gardenier
National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, Maryland, USA
Account Res 9:65-74. 2002This paper presents concerns regarding misuse of statistics in scientific work, especially in biomedical research. The paper discusses what is meant by "misuse...
- Statistical significance for genomewide studiesJohn D Storey
Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:9440-5. 2003..Our approach avoids a flood of false positive results, while offering a more liberal criterion than what has been used in genome scans for linkage...
- Integration of association statistics over genomic regions using Bayesian adaptive regression splinesXiaohua Zhang
Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburg, PA 15213, USA
Hum Genomics 1:20-9. 2003..For a set of markers falling within a common genomic region and a corresponding set of single-locus association statistics, the BARS procedure integrates these results into a single test by examining the class of smooth curves ..
- Statistics review 3: hypothesis testing and P valuesElise Whitley
University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Crit Care 6:222-5. 2002..Guidelines for the interpretation of P values are also provided in the context of a published example, along with some of the common pitfalls. Examples of specific statistical tests will be covered in future reviews...
- Bayes without priorsMikel Aickin
Center for Health Research, 3800 North Interstate Avenue, Portland, OR 97227, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:4-13. 2004..Although there have been critics of the methods of hypothesis testing, significance testing (P-values), and confidence intervals, these methods are used to the exclusion of all others...
- Chlamydia pneumoniae seropositivity predicts the risk of restenosis after percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplastyKazutaka Hayashida
Cardiovascular Center, Osaka Red Cross Hospital, Japan
Heart Vessels 16:137-45. 2002..2, P = 0.01). C. pneumoniae could play an important role in the mechanism of restenosis and evaluation of the IgG seropositivity, and may help to identify patients at high risk for restenosis...
- Association between fibrillin-1 gene exon 15 and 27 polymorphisms and risk of mitral valve prolapseHsiang Tai Chou
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Medical Research and Medical Genetics, China Medical College Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Heart Valve Dis 12:475-81. 2003..Hence, a case-controlled study was performed to investigate the relationship between fibrillin-1 gene polymorphisms and risk of MVP in Taiwan Chinese...
- Ranking: a closer look on globalisation methods for normalisation of gene expression arraysTorsten C Kroll
AG Molekularbiologie, Klinik fur Innere Medizin, Klinikum der Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena, Erlanger Allee 101, D 07747 Jena, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 30:e50. 2002..Furthermore, we show that an upper trimmed mean provides a simple and robust method for normalisation of larger sets of experiments by comparative analysis...
- Stability and discriminative power of the Young Schema-Questionnaire in a Dutch clinical versus non-clinical populationMarleen M Rijkeboer
Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Clinical Psychology, Utrecht University, Heidelberglaan 1, 3584 CS, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 36:129-44. 2005..Findings from discriminant analysis suggest high sensitivity of the YSQ and its subscales in predicting the presence or absence of psychopathology...
- Variations in percentage of body fat within different BMI groups in young, middle-aged and old womenLusine Movsesyan
Center for Clinical and Basic Research A S, Ballerup Byvej, Ballerup, Denmark
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 23:130-3. 2003..The objective of the present study was to characterize age-dependent variations in percentage of body fat within different body mass index (BMI) classes in healthy Danish women...
- Urine, hair, and nails as indicators for ingestion of uranium in drinking waterZ Karpas
Nuclear Research Center, Negev, P O Box 9001, Beer Sheva, Israel 84190
Health Phys 88:229-42. 2005..However, the absorption factor was higher among younger (< 60 y) than older (> or =60 y) subjects and among people with a lower exposure (below 100 microg d) than among those that ingest over 100 microg d...
- Reliability and validity of the Modified Dental Anxiety Scale in Turkish patientsD Ilguy
Department of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology, Faculty of Dentistry, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Int Med Res 33:252-9. 2005..8% (26/294) for the MDAS at the cut-off point > or = 19. Both dental anxiety scales gave acceptable sensitivity, specificity, positive and negative predictive values at these cut-off points...
- Fear of negative appearance evaluation: development and evaluation of a new construct for risk factor work in the field of eating disordersJennifer D Lundgren
Department of Psychology, The University at Albany, State University of New York, 369 Social Science, Albany, NY 12222, USA
Eat Behav 5:75-84. 2004..The FNAES appears to measure a conceptually unique aspect of body image that has not been indexed by previous measures and may serve a useful role in risk factor and preventive work...
- Three assessment tools for deliberate self-harm and suicide behavior: evaluation and psychopathological correlatesHerbert Fliege
Division of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Center for Internal Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
J Psychosom Res 61:113-21. 2006....
- Care satisfaction, hope, and life functioning among adults with bipolar disorder: data from the first 1000 participants in the Systematic Treatment Enhancement ProgramChad D Morris
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Compr Psychiatry 46:98-104. 2005..This prospective study examined the longitudinal relationships between patients' satisfaction with care, levels of hope, and life functioning in the first 1000 patients to enter STEP-BD...
- Temperament and character profiles of patients with tension-type headache and migraineCavit Boz
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty of Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 58:536-43. 2004....
- Higher-order factors of the Big Five in a multi-informant sampleColin G DeYoung
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 91:1138-51. 2006..In conclusion, an interpretation of the higher-order factors is discussed, including possible neurobiological substrates...
- Mexican norms for the Stanford Hypnotic Susceptibility Scale, Form COmar Sánchez-Armáss
Attentional Processes Hypnosis Laboratory, Washington State University, Pullman 99164 2136, USA
Int J Clin Exp Hypn 53:321-31. 2005....
- Assessing personality traits associated with depression: the utility of a tiered modelGordon Parker
School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, and Black Dog Institute, Sydney, Australia
Psychol Med 36:1131-9. 2006..We report the psychometric properties of the derived Temperament and Personality (T and P) questionnaire, as well as a pilot study examining its capacity to differentiate over-represented personality traits in those with depression...
- Heterogeneity among depressed outpatients considered to be in remissionMark Zimmerman
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University School of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Compr Psychiatry 48:113-7. 2007..These results suggest that there is as much heterogeneity among patients who are typically considered to be in remission as there is among responders. This supports recommendations to lower the cutoff on the HAM-D to define remission...
- The validity of the five-factor model prototypes for personality disorders in two clinical samplesJoshua D Miller
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Psychol Assess 16:310-22. 2004..In the 2nd sample (N = 132), the FFM PD similarity scores demonstrated excellent longitudinal stability and good predictive validity with regard to consensus ratings of PD features. The implications of these findings are discussed...
- Reproducibility and clinical value of 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography in recurrent melanomaG S Mijnhout
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Vrije Universiteit Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nucl Med Commun 23:475-81. 2002..Together with the excellent observer reliability, these results justify further studies to determine the optimal place of PET in routine diagnostic algorithms in recurrent melanoma...
- The Behavioural Responses to Illness Questionnaire (BRIQ): a new predictive measure of medically unexplained symptoms following acute infectionMeagan Spence
Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
Psychol Med 35:583-93. 2005..The aim of this study was to design a self-report measure of behavioural responses during the acute phase of an illness, in order to assess the importance of these behaviours in the development of ongoing medically unexplained syndromes...
- Are cerebral cavernomas truly nonenhancing lesions and thereby distinguishable from arteriovenous malformations? MRI findings and histopathological correlationKatja Pinker
Department of Radiology MR Centre of Excellence, Medical University Vienna General Hospital Vienna, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Magn Reson Imaging 24:631-7. 2006....
- Appearances are deceptive? Long-term cognitive and central auditory sequelae from closed head injuryPer Olof Bergemalm
Ahlsen Research Institute, Orebro University Hospital, Sweden
Int J Audiol 44:39-49. 2005..The cognitive tasks used in the study have proved to be a sensitive method to discover cognitive impairments. Long-term cognitive sequelae and APD could not be predicted from RLS scores...
- Longitudinal analysis of the reciprocal effects of self-assessed global health and depressive symptomsKarl Kosloski
Department of Gerontology, University of Nebraska at Omaha, University of Nebraska Omaha, Omaha, NE 68182, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 60:P296-P303. 2005..There has been growing interest in identifying the factors that inform self-assessments of overall health. The present findings indicate that self-assessed global health is not simply a manifestation of depressed affect...
- Biochemical failure as a determinant of distant metastasis and death in prostate cancer treated with radiotherapyAlan Pollack
Department of Radiation Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 57:19-23. 2003..However, little evidence is available to show that BF is associated with death for patents with prostate cancer treated with radiotherapy. We examined the relationship between BF and death from prostate cancer...
- The relationship between observer-based toxicity scoring and patient assessed symptom severity after treatment for head and neck cancer. A correlative cross sectional study of the DAHANCA toxicity scoring system and the EORTC quality of life questionnaireKenneth Jensen
Department of Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Radiother Oncol 78:298-305. 2006..The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between the two methods of side effect recording...
- Typus melancholicus: personality structure and the characteristics of major unipolar depressive episodeGiovanni Stanghellini
University of Chieti, Viale Don Minzoni 45, 50100 Florence, Italy
J Affect Disord 93:159-67. 2006..The melancholic type of personality (TM) has long been considered in continental and Japanese psychopathology as a relevant vulnerability trait constellation for the development of depression...
- The Marijuana Ladder: measuring motivation to change marijuana use in incarcerated adolescentsJames D Slavet
Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies, Brown University, The Rhode Island Training School, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 83:42-8. 2006..In addition, researchers may find a quick visual analog measure of motivation to change marijuana use with good psychometric properties useful...
- Evaluation of a modified interview version and of a self-rating version of the Suicide Assessment ScaleA Nimeus
Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Sciences, Lund University Hospital, S 22185 Lund, Sweden
Eur Psychiatry 21:471-7. 2006..In summary, both the modified interview version of SUAS and the SUAS-S seem to be valid, reliable and easily used suicide assessment instruments...
- Exhaled volatile organic compounds in patients with non-small cell lung cancer: cross sectional and nested short-term follow-up studyDiana Poli
National Institute of Occupational Safety and Prevention Research Center, University of Parma, Via Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Respir Res 6:71. 2005..The VOC collection and analyses were repeated three weeks after the NSCLC patients underwent lung surgery...
- Components of self-esteem in affective patients and non-psychiatric controlsAlessandro Serretti
Department of Psychiatry, Istituto Scientifico H San Raffaele, Vita Salute University, Via Stamira d Ancona 20, 20127 Milano, Italy
J Affect Disord 88:93-8. 2005..8, p<0.01; SD: F=0.05, p=0.9). These findings suggest that self-esteem deficit in affective disorders might involve specific components. Implications for research and clinical practice are discussed...
- Causal illness attributions in somatoform disorders: associations with comorbidity and illness behaviorWinfried Rief
Philipps University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
J Psychosom Res 57:367-71. 2004..To compare causal illness beliefs between patients with unexplained physical symptoms and different comorbid disorders and to assess the association of causal illness beliefs with illness behavior...
- Concomitant fractures of the acetabulum and spine: a retrospective review of over 300 patientsMichael T Archdeacon
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0212, USA
J Trauma 60:609-12. 2006..The incidence and spectrum of concomitant acetabulum and spine trauma has not been clearly defined...
- Grief experiences of parents whose children suffer from mental illnessJulia Godress
Australian National University Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 39:88-94. 2005..To examine the grief experience of parents of adult children with a mental illness and its relationship to parental health and well-being and parent child attachment and affective relationship...
- Epidemiology of insomnia: a longitudinal study in a UK populationHannah Morphy
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK
Sleep 30:274-80. 2007..To investigate the incidence, persistence, and consequences of insomnia and their associations with psychological health and pain...
- Aspirin intolerance and allergy to house dust mites: important factors associated with development of severe asthmaMaciej Kupczyk
Department of Pneumonology and Allergy, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 92:453-8. 2004..Although the occurrence of bronchial asthma is still increasing, the possible factors associated with the development of severe asthma have not been completely determined...
- Do others really know us better? Predicting migraine activity from self- and other-ratings of negative emotionMark A Lumley
Department of Psychology, Wayne State University, 71 West Warren Avenue, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Psychosom Res 58:253-8. 2005..This study sought to compare the validity of self- versus other-reported negative emotion as a correlate of migraine headache activity...
- Apolipoprotein C-III, a strong discriminant of coronary risk in men and a determinant of the metabolic syndrome in both gendersAltan Onat
Turkish Society of Cardiology, Istanbul University, Nisbetiye cad 37 24, Etiler, Turkey
Atherosclerosis 168:81-9. 2003....
- Psychological correlates of comorbid gambling in psychiatric outpatients: a pilot studyMelinda J Henderson
Department of Psychology, Psychology Clinic, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Subst Use Misuse 39:1341-52. 2004..Findings are somewhat consistent with the literature examining comorbidity in pathological gamblers seeking treatment, although no association was found with antisocial personality disorder...
- Adaptive self-regulation of unattainable goals: goal disengagement, goal reengagement, and subjective well-beingCarsten Wrosch
Department of Psychology, Concordia University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 29:1494-508. 2003..In addition, the results showed that goal disengagement and goal reengagement can have interactive effects on subjective well-being. The importance of the findings for effective self-regulation and successful development are discussed...
- Validation of the thoracic impedance derived respiratory signal using multilevel analysisJan H Houtveen
Department of Health Psychology, Utrecht University, P O Box 80140, 3508 TC Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Psychophysiol 59:97-106. 2006....
- Inter- and intraindividual variability in recognition memory: effects of aging and estrogen useDomonick J Wegesin
Division of Cognitive Neuroscience, Gertrude H Sergievsky Center and Taub Institute on Alzheimer s Disease and the Aging Brain, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuropsychology 18:646-57. 2004..Overall, age-related increases in variability differed with the type of variability measured, and estrogen use, but not est + prog use, appeared to reduce age-related increases in at least 1 form of variability...
- Indexing glomerular filtration rate to suit childrenNicholas J Bird
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Nucl Med 44:1037-43. 2003..The aim of the study was to identify an appropriate simple whole-body variable based on height and weight suitable for indexing GFR that would be simultaneously appropriate for both children and adults...
- Understanding/ Treating Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Pediatric Physical IllnessEva Szigethy; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic variation and regulatory networks: Mechanisms and complexityDANA PE ER; Fiscal Year: 2009..These tools will be made publicly available, including a friendly graphical user interface and visualization. ..
- High Throughput Genotyping and DNA Sequencing for Studying the Genetic ContributiSonia Dua; Fiscal Year: 2013..The contractor is responsible for providing staff with the credentials required by CLIA. ..
- THE AGRICULTURAL HEALTH STUDY - FIELD STATIONSCharles Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2010..In yet another study, results suggest that maternal occupational exposure to agricultural chemicals may increase the risk of giving birth to a child with limb defects. ..
- NIEHS SUPPORT OF THE AHS COHORT STUDY AT NCICharles Knott; Fiscal Year: 2010..In yet another study, results suggest that maternal occupational exposure to agricultural chemicals may increase the risk of giving birth to a child with limb defects. ..
- Sogol Mostoufi-Moab; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Genome-wide recombination as a risk factor for nondisjunctionNATASHA D HOLLIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..The candidate will take courses in advanced statistics for analysis of her data...
- Infant Screening and Diagnosis of Duchenne Muscular Dys*Paul Fernhoff; Fiscal Year: 2007..These data points will be tracked throughout the project. ..
- Jonathan Savitz; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- METABOLIC SYNDROME AND PERIODONTITIS IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMENMichael J LaMonte; Fiscal Year: 2013..The existing resources for this secondary data analysis provide an unprecedented cost- efficient opportunity to build on established work and expand knowledge in this important area of public health. ..
- Norma S Kenyon; Fiscal Year: 2015..Furthermore, MSC administration may constitute a safe and effective way to reverse rejection episodes. ..
- Paul E Micevych; Fiscal Year: 2016..3 million) in the United States aged 15-44 had fertility difficulties (National Center for Health Statistics of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) because of ovulatory dysfunction that is controlled by the LH ..
- Shervin Assassi; Fiscal Year: 2014..Furthermore, the accompanying mentoring and course work will prepare Dr. Assassi to become an independent and productive clinician scientist and a leader in rigorously designed and conducted translational research in rheumatic diseases. ..
- Community Participation Research of Breastfeeding Disparities in African AmericanTamar Ringel Kulka; Fiscal Year: 2009..North Carolina State Center for Health Statistics and NC CHAMPS 2005 show that in North Carolina, minority infants, who are less likely to be breastfed and when ..
- PAUL CAMILLE TUMEH; Fiscal Year: 2015..As a future independent investigator, this system will enable me to collaborate with scientists and clinicians to address a wide scope of challenges in medicine. ..
- Rinn Song; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- ANDREW GREGORY SIKORA; Fiscal Year: 2015..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Endothelin 1-Induced Sickle Cell PathologyAlicia Rivera; Fiscal Year: 2011..These statistics underscore the importance of research in this area...
- INTERNET ENHANCED HEALTH PROMOTION FOR OBESE ETHNIC MINORITY ADOLESCENTSJessica A Whiteley; Fiscal Year: 2011..2006). The obesity rates are highest among African American and Hispanic youth (National Center for Disease. Statistics, 2004)...
- Renée A Shellhaas; Fiscal Year: 2014..additional certification in clinical neurophysiology and a master's degree in clinical research design and statistics. She plans a clinical research career focused on neonatal seizures and encephalopathy...
- Computer/Electrical EngineeringTheodore Raphan; Fiscal Year: 2011..Also install and maintain new operating systems and applications software to keep the laboratories at the cutting edge of technological development and troubleshoot problems as they arise. ..
- Patrick O'Connor; Fiscal Year: 2016..Scholars will earn the Master in Health Sciences degree, combining rigorous training in research methodology, statistics and design with seminars in topics related to drug abuse, addiction, and HIV content, leadership, grant writing ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYAsoka Srinivasan; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- MELINDA ANN FRYE; Fiscal Year: 2014..With her mentoring team, Dr. Frye has developed a plan incorporating formal training in advanced statistics, grant writing and ethics into the first 2 years, concomitantly with extensive training in experimental design, ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHerman Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHERMAN ALFRED TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYASOKA S SRINIVASAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYASOKA S SRINIVASAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHERMAN ALFRED TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Danny A Riley; Fiscal Year: 2014..S. Based on U.S. Bureau of Labor statistics and published epidemiological data, an estimated 1...
- The Somatotropic Axis and Health Aging: A Search for MechanismsAndrzej Bartke; Fiscal Year: 2013..5. To prepare annual progress reports and coordinate preparation of a competing renewal application. ..
- The Role of Astrocytes in Cortical Interneuron DevelopmentKAREN MULLER SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2013..of psychiatric disorders through formal course work in neuroscience, neurodevelopmental disorders and statistics, and through mentored research training in primary tissue culture, cell transplantation, behavioral analysis of ..
- C. Difficile Outcomes and Effectiveness of Treatment Strategies in SCICharlesnika T Evans; Fiscal Year: 2013..This is an important project with a strong study team. 2. Discussion of how multiple events from the same patient will be handled is needed. 3. How guarding against chance findings and selection of the validation cases is needed. ..
- PEI AN SHIH; Fiscal Year: 2014..I am already well-trained in genetic techniques (small-scale gene-sequencing and genotyping), statistics, and genetic epidemiology, and already function at a skilled level at the Departments of Medicine and Psychiatry ..
- Xi Chen; Fiscal Year: 2016..g. cognitive neuroscience, cognitive function assessment and measurement design, epidemiology and statistics), clinical and research seminars, and supervised clinical rotation in the UNC neurology clinic...
- Jun Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2014..sleep medicine specialist with extensive experience in Sleep Medicine, sleep physiology, sleep research, Statistics and training Pulmonary Fellows...
- SHIKHA SEKSARIA SUNDARAM; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Exploring persistent epigenetic changes after prenatal famine exposure in humansL H Lumey; Fiscal Year: 2010..laboratory scientist with expertise in DNA methylation assays and two Masters level analysts with expertise in statistics and life course methods respectively, as well as provide funding to the investigator team to now include ..
- Vijay Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2015..1A is retained in myocardium over time and remains nonmetabolized, allowing stable distribution and high count statistics that translate into high quality myocardial images...
- Sihem Boudina; Fiscal Year: 2016PROJECT SUMMURY Obesity rates are increasing in the United States, with recent statistics estimating more than 35.7% of adults and 16.9% of children and adolescents are considered obese...
- E Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have assembled a research team with expertise in mood disorders, clinical trials, neuropsychology, asthma, statistics, hippocampal physiology, spectroscopy, and the neuroendocrine system to conduct the study...
- Subhadra Evans; Fiscal Year: 2014..Career Development: My career development plan includes courses in physiology, neuroendocrinology, advanced statistics, mind-body techniques and the responsible conduct of clinical research...
- Dianne Little; Fiscal Year: 2015..Additional didactic training in tissue engineering, statistics and responsible conduct of research will be obtained during the award period. Environment: The mentorship of Dr...
- Sharona E Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2016..6 hours per week. The 2003 National Center for Health Statistics Report found that 26% of adults report having a problem with pain lasting more than 24 hours...
- Research Training in Cardiovascular and Pulmonary DiseasesS Jamal Mustafa; Fiscal Year: 2012..training will emphasize courses which include Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Molecular Biology, Statistics and Genomic Sciences as well as training in Scientific Integrity &Ethics...
- Connexins in Neuronal and Glial Gap Junctions in the Central Nervous SystemJohn E Rash; Fiscal Year: 2012..normal human cerebral cortex and hippocampus. These data will serve as a prelude to measuring changes in these structures in human disease such as epilepsy, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease, and autism spectral disorders. ..
- Analysis of the leukemic stem cell niche in chronic myeloid leukemiaDANIELA SANDRA KRAUSE; Fiscal Year: 2013..respective fields As part of my scientific training I will pursue formal graduate level coursework in ethics, statistics and stem cell biology through the Harvard Medical School Division of Medical Sciences...
- Diet and Gastrointestinal Cancer Risk in African Americans and Rural AfricansSTEPHEN JD O'KEEFE; Fiscal Year: 2012..These statistics contrast sharply from those reported in native Africans where incidence rates are <1 per 100,000...
- Gang Ren; Fiscal Year: 2016..benefit age (<65 years) were killed each year by cardiovascular disease (CAD) according to the latest statistics from the American Heart Association. Major risk factors for CVD are the plasma lipoprotein levels...
- Jessica B Kendrick; Fiscal Year: 2015..Furthermore, clinical and in vitro methods will be used to identify the mechanisms by which vitamin D affects vascular endothelial function, which will enhance our understanding of the non-calcemic effects of vitamin D. ..
- Katherine M Sharkey; Fiscal Year: 2015..This award provides Dr. Sharkey intensive training in genetics, advanced statistics, psychiatric research methods, and women's mental health...
- Andrew Johnston; Fiscal Year: 2016..my mentors, a comprehensive training plan has been devised for my career development: (1) To develop skills in statistics and systems biology analysis - a number of formal courses/workshops have been targeted together with the ..
- Detection of engineered nanomaterials in drinking water, food, commercial productPaul K Westerhoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..The research enables such studies to be conducted at sub lethal exposures, which have largely been complicated in the past due to inadequate analytical methods. ..
- Kinga Szigeti; Fiscal Year: 2014..These specific genetic markers are attractive risk factor candidates because gene dosage can be modified by small molecules (medications) thus may translate to therapy that delays disease onset. ..
- Francis Perry Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will assess the discriminant ability of these measures using C-statistics. Secondary analyses will examine cardiovascular mortality and kidney-specific outcomes such as initiation of ..
- Diagnostic array for aseptic encephalitisDarrell P Chandler; Fiscal Year: 2011..The underlying platform developed herein will likewise find broad application in many areas of infectious disease diagnostics. ..
- Impact of Temperature Profile on Outcome After Traumatic Brain InjuryLori Kennedy Madden; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, temperature management following TBI may improve outcomes at a relatively low cost. ..
- GARY BEAUPRE; Fiscal Year: 2015..This translates to a prevalence of nearly 1.2 million male veterans with osteoporosis. Based on fracture statistics and veterans demographics (more than 12 male veterans for every female veteran), approximately three times as ..
- Bioconductor: an open computing resource for genomicsMartin Morgan; Fiscal Year: 2010..While that type of "success measure" is hard to assess, more effort in this area in subsequent proposals would be helpful. ..
- PEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGY TRAINING GRANTHarry Koo; Fiscal Year: 2003..research training under a preceptor is augmented by formal course work: 1) molecular biology, genetics and statistics courses; 2) advanced training in laboratory methods; 3) basic science and research conferences and 4) training ..
- Biomarkers of Interoceptive Awareness in Adolescent Anorexia NervosaNANCY L contact ZUCKER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Despite these sobering statistics, one of the greatest mysteries of AN is that the ill state is prized by the individuals afflicted with this ..
- Economic Consequences of Advanced Testing for Subclinical Cardiovascular DiseaseLeslee J Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will compare costs in addition to the added benefit of improved detection of heart disease risk using several cardiac biomarkers. ..
- Pain Assessment & Intervention Needs (PAIN)Fern Fitzhenry; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also data mine for other implicit, previously unknown, useful information such as conditions that should trigger or escalate an alert for an acute pain management intervention. ..
- A RuleFit Product for Classification and RegressionDAN STEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 2007..RULEFIT is likely to become a leading technique in the machine learning and statistics. It builds on RANDOM FORESTS and MART and includes all their useful benefits such as variable selection, data ..