Summary: Monitoring of rate of occurrence of specific conditions to assess the stability or change in health levels of a population. It is also the study of disease rates in a specific cohort, geographic area, population subgroup, etc. to estimate trends in larger population. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Publications337 found, 100 shown here
- Using internet searches for influenza surveillancePhilip M Polgreen
Department of Internal Medicine, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
Clin Infect Dis 47:1443-8. 2008..001), and similar models predicted an increase in mortality attributable to pneumonia and influenza up to 5 weeks in advance (P < .001). Search-term surveillance may provide an additional tool for disease surveillance...
- Quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccination and trends in genital warts in Australia: analysis of national sentinel surveillance dataBasil Donovan
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Lancet Infect Dis 11:39-44. 2011..We established a national surveillance network in Australia and aimed to identify trends in diagnoses of genital warts in 2004-09...
- A new approach to characterising infectious disease transmission dynamics from sentinel surveillance: application to the Italian 2009-2010 A/H1N1 influenza pandemicIlaria Dorigatti
MRC Centre for Outbreak Analysis and Modelling, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College London, Faculty of Medicine, Norfolk Place, London, UK
Epidemics 4:9-21. 2012..The multiplying factors are doubled using the Baseline model. Overall, the estimated attack rate was about 16% according to the Baseline model and 30% according to the Susceptibility and Immunity models...
- Short message service sentinel surveillance of influenza-like illness in Madagascar, 2008-2012Soatiana Rajatonirina
Unite d Epidemiologie, Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, Antananarivo, Madagascar
Bull World Health Organ 90:385-9. 2012....
- Estimating the impact of school closure on influenza transmission from Sentinel dataSimon Cauchemez
MRC Centre for Outbreak Analysis and Modelling, Department of Infectious Diseases Epidemiology, Imperial College London, Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG, UK
Nature 452:750-4. 2008..The impact of school closure would be reduced if it proved difficult to maintain low contact rates among children for a prolonged period...
- Virtual surveillance of communicable diseases: a 20-year experience in FranceA Flahault
Réseau Sentinelles, INSERM UMR S707, Paris, France
Stat Methods Med Res 15:413-21. 2006..Extension of electronic syndromic surveillance is needed in the world for improving surveillance capacities and real-time response against emerging diseases...
- Sentinel surveillance for human enterovirus 71 in Sarawak, Malaysia: lessons from the first 7 yearsYuwana Podin
Institute of Health and Community Medicine, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, Jalan Datuk Musa, Kota Samarahan, Sarawak, Malaysia
BMC Public Health 6:180. 2006..Some of these outbreaks had unusually high numbers of fatalities and this generated much fear and anxiety in the region...
- Component-specific effectiveness of trivalent influenza vaccine as monitored through a sentinel surveillance network in Canada, 2006-2007Danuta M Skowronski
British Columbia Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Infect Dis 199:168-79. 2009..We describe a sentinel surveillance approach to link influenza variant detection with component-specific vaccine effectiveness (VE) estimation.
- Improving influenza surveillance in sub-Saharan AfricaC Steffen
Agence de Medecine Preventive, Paris, France
Bull World Health Organ 90:301-5. 2012..Little is known about the burden of influenza in sub-Saharan Africa. Routine influenza surveillance is key to getting a better understanding of the impact of acute respiratory infections on sub-Saharan African populations...
- Sentinel surveillance of influenza-like illness in two hospitals in Maracay, Venezuela: 2006-2010Guillermo Comach
Laboratorio Regional de Diagnóstico e Investigación del Dengue y otras Enfermedades Virales, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas de la Universidad de Carabobo, Maracay, Venezuela
PLoS ONE 7:e44511. 2012..The objective of the present study was to examine the epidemiology of influenza-like illness (ILI) in two hospitals in Maracay, Venezuela...
- Effectiveness of AS03 adjuvanted pandemic H1N1 vaccine: case-control evaluation based on sentinel surveillance system in Canada, autumn 2009Danuta M Skowronski
British Columbia Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMJ 342:c7297. 2011..To assess the effectiveness of the pandemic influenza A/H1N1 vaccine used in Canada during autumn 2009...
- [HIV prevalence among populations at risk, using sentinel surveillance data from 1995 to 2009 in China]Lan Wang
National Center for AIDS STD Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing 102206, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 32:20-4. 2011..to provide information for evaluation on strategies regarding comprehensive HIV prevention and effectiveness of intervention, in China...
- Web queries as a source for syndromic surveillanceAnette Hulth
Department of Epidemiology, Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control, Solna, Sweden
PLoS ONE 4:e4378. 2009..and the intensity of the yearly influenza outbreaks that would be as good as the existing laboratory and sentinel surveillance. We calculated the occurrence of various queries related to influenza from search logs submitted to a ..
- Influenza-like illness sentinel surveillance in PeruV Alberto Laguna-Torres
US Naval Medical Research Center Detachment, Lima, Peru
PLoS ONE 4:e6118. 2009....
- Sentinel surveillance of sexually transmitted infections/HIV and risk behaviors in vulnerable populations in 5 Central American countriesRamon J Soto
World Vision International, Regional Office for Latin America and the Carribean, San Jose, Costa Rica
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:101-11. 2007..0, 95% confidence interval: 2.9 to 7.9). For these vulnerable populations, prevention must incorporate acceptable and effective sexual health services, including improved condom access and promotion...
- The distribution of new HIV infections by mode of exposure in MoroccoGhina R Mumtaz
Infectious Disease Epidemiology Group, Weill Cornell Medical College Qatar, Cornell University, Qatar Foundation, Education City, Doha, Qatar
Sex Transm Infect 89:iii49-56. 2013..Building on a wealth of new empirical data, the objective of this study was to estimate the distribution of new HIV infections in Morocco by mode of exposure using the modes of transmission (MoT) mathematical model...
- Sentinel surveillance for enterovirus 71, Taiwan, 1998T N Wu
Disease Surveillance and Quarantine Service, Ministry of Health, Taiwan, Republic of China
Emerg Infect Dis 5:458-60. 1999..The most recent outbreak occurred in Taiwan during April-July 1998. This hand, foot, and mouth disease epidemic was detected by a sentinel surveillance system in April at the beginning of the outbreak, and the public was alerted.
- Sentinel surveillance of influenza-like-illness in two cities of the tropical country of Ecuador: 2006-2010Richard W Douce
Hospital Vozandes, Quito, Ecuador
PLoS ONE 6:e22206. 2011....
- Influenza viruses in Thailand: 7 years of sentinel surveillance data, 2004-2010Malinee Chittaganpitch
National Institute of Health, Ministry of Public Health, Nonthaburi, Thailand
Influenza Other Respir Viruses 6:276-83. 2012..In 2004, the Thai National Institute of Health, in collaboration with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, established influenza sentinel surveillance throughout Thailand.
- Dead bird clusters as an early warning system for West Nile virus activityFarzad Mostashari
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York 10013, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 9:641-6. 2003..This adaptation of the scan statistic could also be useful in other infectious disease surveillance systems, including those for bioterrorism...
- Study designs for timely estimation of influenza vaccine effectiveness using European sentinel practitioner networksMarta Valenciano
EpiConcept, Paris, France
Vaccine 28:7381-8. 2010..Results from practitioner-based studies complement other pieces of evidence (e.g. immunogenicity studies, vaccine efficacy, surveillance data) to assess the effect of influenza vaccination in the population...
- Estimating vaccine effectiveness against laboratory-confirmed influenza using a sentinel physician network: results from the 2005-2006 season of dual A and B vaccine mismatch in CanadaD M Skowronski
Epidemiology Services, BC Centre for Disease Control, Canada
Vaccine 25:2842-51. 2007....
- Travel-associated dengue infections in the United States, 1996 to 2005Hamish P Mohammed
Dengue Branch, Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, San Juan, PR, USA
J Travel Med 17:8-14. 2010..As the incidence of dengue increases globally, US travelers to endemic areas may be at an increased risk of travel-associated dengue...
- Annual incidence rate of infectious diseases estimated from sentinel surveillance data in JapanShuji Hashimoto
Department of Hygiene, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, 1 98, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
J Epidemiol 13:136-41. 2003The estimation of incidence rates of infectious diseases based on the sentinel surveillance data is rather rare. We attempted to estimate these in 2000 in Japan by the surveillance data, and to evaluate their biases.
- Optimizing use of multistream influenza sentinel surveillance dataEric H Y Lau
University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, People s Republic of China
Emerg Infect Dis 14:1154-7. 2008We applied time-series methods to multivariate sentinel surveillance data recorded in Hong Kong during 1998-2007...
- HIV surveillance in MENA: recent developments and resultsIvana Bozicevic
World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for HIV Surveillance, University of Zagreb School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Sex Transm Infect 89:iii11-16. 2013....
- Laboratory diagnosis and surveillance of human respiratory viruses by PCR in Victoria, Australia, 2002-2003Julian Druce
Virology Department, Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory, 10 Wreckyn Street, North Melbourne 3051, Victoria, Australia
J Med Virol 75:122-9. 2005..Infection with more than one respiratory virus occurred in a small number of patients; picornaviruses were most commonly implicated in these dual infections...
- Sentinel surveillance for zoonotic parasites in companion animals in indigenous communities of SaskatchewanJanna M Schurer
Department of Veterinary Microbiology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Am J Trop Med Hyg 87:495-8. 2012..canis, Diphyllobothrium, and taeniid eggs in dog feces were, respectively, 11.8%, 4.9%, and 1.2% in our study compared with 0-0.2% in urban dogs. Giardia cysts present in 21% of samples were identified as zoonotic genotype Assemblage A...
- Sentinel surveillance of sexually transmitted infections in South Africa: a reviewL F Johnson
Centre for Actuarial Research, 10 University Avenue, University of Cape Town, Private Bag, Rondebosch 7701, South Africa
Sex Transm Infect 81:287-93. 2005..To examine how STI prevalence varies between populations and to identify the limitations of the existing data...
- Influenza viruses in Nigeria, 2009-2010: results from the first 17 months of a national influenza sentinel surveillance systemIbrahim T Dalhatu
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Nigeria, Maina Court, Central Business District, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Nigeria
J Infect Dis 206:S121-8. 2012..Influenza surveillance data from tropical, sub-Saharan African countries are limited. To better understand the epidemiology of influenza, Nigeria initiated influenza surveillance in 2008...
- Sentinel surveillance for influenza-like illness, severe acute respiratory illness, and laboratory-confirmed influenza in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, 2009-2011Jean Jacques Muyembe Tamfum
National Reference Laboratory for Influenza, Institut National de Recherche Biomédicale, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
J Infect Dis 206:S36-40. 2012Little is known about influenza in central Africa. We conducted sentinel surveillance for influenza-like illness, severe acute respiratory illness, and laboratory-confirmed influenza at 5 sites in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, ..
- Low usage of government healthcare facilities for acute respiratory infections in guatemala: implications for influenza surveillanceKim A Lindblade
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta GA, 30333 USA
BMC Public Health 11:885. 2011b>Sentinel surveillance for severe acute respiratory infections in hospitals and influenza-like illness in ambulatory clinics is recommended to assist in global pandemic influenza preparedness...
- Effectiveness of seasonal influenza vaccine against pandemic (H1N1) 2009 virus, Australia, 2010James E Fielding
Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory, North Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Emerg Infect Dis 17:1181-7. 2011..Patients seen for influenza-like illness by general practitioners in a sentinel surveillance network during 2010 were tested for influenza; vaccination status was recorded...
- Identifying the impact of social determinants of health on disease rates using correlation analysis of area-based summary informationRuiguang Song
Center for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Herpatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Public Health Rep 126:70-80. 2011....
- Collection of social determinant of health measures in U.S. national surveillance systems for HIV, viral hepatitis, STDs, and TBVictoria M Beltran
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Office of the Director, Office of Health Equity, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Public Health Rep 126:41-53. 2011..We also conducted an environmental literature scan to determine the status of knowledge of SDH as underlying causes of disease and to inform the recommended core set of SDH variables...
- Sentinel surveillance for patients with acute hepatitis in Egypt, 2001-04M Talaat
US Naval Medical Research Unit, no 3, Cairo, Egypt
East Mediterr Health J 16:134-40. 2010Viral hepatitis is a major problem in Egypt. To define the epidemiology of the disease, sentinel surveillance was established in 5 hospitals in diverse areas of the country in 2001...
- Nationwide sentinel surveillance of bloodstream Candida infections in 40 tertiary care hospitals in SpainR Cisterna
Basurto Hospital, Clinical Microbiology and Infection Control Department, Bilbao, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 48:4200-6. 2010..This is the largest multicenter candidemia study conducted to date and shows the substantial morbidity and mortality of candidemia in Spain...
- Seasonality in human salmonellosis: assessment of human activities and chicken contamination as driving factorsAndré Ravel
Laboratory for Foodborne Zoonoses, Public Health Agency of Canada, Saint Hyacinthe, QC, Canada
Foodborne Pathog Dis 7:785-94. 2010..Attending a barbeque or gardening during the hotter months of the year should be further assessed for their risk...
- The spread of pandemic H1N1 2009 by age and region and the comparison among monitoring toolsJoon Hyung Kim
Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 25:1109-12. 2010..Now it is time for the government and the academic world to review this outbreak, efficacy of vaccination, and further preparation and response for the next pandemic...
- Adverse drug event trigger tool: a practical methodology for measuring medication related harmJ D Rozich
Luther Midelfort, Mayo Health System, Eau Claire, WI 54703, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 12:194-200. 2003..The adapted technique appears to increase the rate of ADE detection approximately 50-fold over traditional reporting methodologies...
- Influenza activity in Europe during eight seasons (1999-2007): an evaluation of the indicators used to measure activity and an assessment of the timing, length and course of peak activity (spread) across EuropeJohn Paget
Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research NIVEL, PO Box 1568, 3500BN, Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 7:141. 2007..1) are the sentinel clinical reports a good measure of influenza activity? 2) how long is a typical influenza season in Europe? 3) is there a west-east and/or south-north course of peak activity ('spread') of influenza in Europe?..
- Estimating the number of people at risk for and living with HIV in China in 2005: methods and resultsF Lu
National Centre for AIDS STD Control and Prevention, China Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, No 27 Nanwei Road, Beijing, China 100050
Sex Transm Infect 82:iii87-91. 2006..No new estimates of HIV infection have been available for China since 2003. However, since then, data availability has increased dramatically...
- Estimating trends in the burden of malaria at country levelRichard E Cibulskis
Global Malaria Program, World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Trop Med Hyg 77:133-7. 2007..In the future, sentinel surveillance from public and private health facilities, selected according to risk stratification, combined with ..
- Secular trends in hospital-acquired Clostridium difficile disease in the United States, 1987-2001Lennox K Archibald
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Infect Dis 189:1585-9. 2004..CDAD predominated in general hospitals versus other facility types, and rates were significantly higher during winter versus nonwinter months (P<.01). Thus, prevention efforts should be targeted to high-risk groups in these settings...
- Internet-based monitoring of influenza-like illness (ILI) in the general population of the Netherlands during the 2003-2004 influenza seasonRichard L Marquet
NIVEL Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, The Netherlands, Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 6:242. 2006..The aim of the present study was to validate the representativeness of the GIS population and to compare the GIS data with the official ILI data obtained by Dutch GPs participating in the Dutch Sentinel Practice Network...
- Declining HIV prevalence and risk behaviours in Zambia: evidence from surveillance and population-based surveysK Fylkesnes
Institute of Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tromsø, Norway
AIDS 15:907-16. 2001..To examine trends in HIV prevalence and behaviours in Zambia during the 1990s...
- Working towards a simple case definition for influenza surveillanceKarin Thursky
Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory, Victorian Infectious Diseases Service, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Grattan Street, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
J Clin Virol 27:170-9. 2003..A single definition of influenza-like illness (ILI) has been recommended by the Australian Influenza Pandemic planning committee for influenza surveillance systems throughout Australia...
- Sentinel surveillance of influenza and other respiratory viruses, Brazil, 2000-2010Felipe Teixeira de Mello Freitas
Ministerio da Saude, Secretaria de Vigilância em Saúde, Coordenação Geral de Doenças Transmissíveis, Brasilia, DF, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 17:62-8. 2013..83 and -0.78 respectively). These data are important to guide public health control measures as the best time for influenza vaccination and use of antivirals...
- Results from the first 30 months of national sentinel surveillance for influenza in Tanzania, 2008-2010V M Mmbaga
Preventive Services, Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Tanzania, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
J Infect Dis 206:S80-6. 2012..of influenza virus infection in Tanzania, the Tanzanian Ministry of Health and Social Welfare created a sentinel surveillance system for influenza...
- West Nile virus emergence and persistence in Los Angeles, California, 2003-2008Jennifer L Kwan
School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:400-12. 2010..Los Angeles experienced major epidemics in 2004 and 2008, providing a unique opportunity to investigate specific patterns of enzootic amplification preceding epidemics...
- Challenges of establishing routine influenza sentinel surveillance in Ethiopia, 2008-2010Workenesh Ayele
Ethiopian Health and Nutrition Research Institute, National Influenza Laboratory, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
J Infect Dis 206:S41-5. 2012..Low awareness of influenza by healthcare workers, misperceptions regarding case definitions, and insufficient human resources at sites could have potentially led to many missed cases, resulting in suboptimal surveillance...
- Sentinel surveillance for influenza in Senegal, 1996-2009Mbayame Ndiaye Niang
Medical Virology Unit, Institut Pasteur de Dakar, Dakar, Senegal
J Infect Dis 206:S129-35. 2012..In this study we present results from 14 years of influenza surveillance in Senegal, one of the few tropical countries in Africa from which longitudinal data are available...
- Same-sex behavior and high rates of HIV among men attending sexually transmitted infection clinics in Pune, India (1993-2002)Amita Gupta
Division of Infectious Disease, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:483-90. 2006..To determine HIV/sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevalence, trends, and risk behaviors of men who have sex with men (MSM) and compare these with those of non-MSM attending STI clinics in Pune, India over a 10-year period...
- Use of Internet search data to monitor impact of rotavirus vaccination in the United StatesRishi Desai
Division of Viral Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 54:e115-8. 2012..88; P < .001), capturing the reduction observed during postvaccine years (2008-2010). IQS analysis could become an inexpensive and reliable supplement for monitoring the impact of rotavirus vaccination in the United States...
- The KIzSS network, a sentinel surveillance system for infectious diseases in day care centers: study protocolRemko Enserink
Center for Infectious Disease Control Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 12:259. 2012..This paper describes the purpose, design and potential of our national multi-center, day care-based sentinel surveillance network for infectious diseases (the KIzSS network)...
- Evaluation of sentinel surveillance system for monitoring hand, foot and mouth disease in Hong KongM Edmond
Surveillance and Epidemiology Branch, Centre for Health Protection, Department of Health, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, 147C Argyle Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Public Health 125:777-83. 2011A sentinel surveillance system (SSS) was set up in Hong Kong to monitor hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD) trends. This evaluation assessed the performance of the SSS from 2001 to 2009, and aimed to identify areas for improvement.
- Risk factors for HIV seroconversion in men who have sex with men in Victoria, Australia: results from a sentinel surveillance systemRebecca J Guy
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, 45 Beach Street, Coggee, NSW 2031, Australia
Sex Health 8:319-29. 2011..We determined predictors of HIV positivity and seroconversion among MSM in Victoria, Australia...
- [Syndromic surveillance of Influenza-like illness in primary care: a complement to the sentinel surveillance network for periods of increased incidence of Influenza]J Arranz Izquierdo
Unidad de Sistemas de Información, Gerencia de Atención Primaria, Mallorca, Espana
Aten Primaria 44:258-64. 2012....
- Use of released pigs as sentinels for Mycobacterium bovisGraham Nugent
Landcare Research, P O Box 69, Lincoln 8152, New Zealand
J Wildl Dis 38:665-77. 2002..This trial indicates use of resident and/or released free-ranging pigs is a feasible alternative to direct prevalence surveys of possums for detecting TB presence...
- Role of sentinel surveillance of candidemia: trends in species distribution and antifungal susceptibilityM A Pfaller
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Clin Microbiol 40:3551-7. 2002
- Catalyzing HIV prevention in Asia: from individual to population level impactDaniel Low-Beer
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria, Chemin de Blandonnet 8, Vernier, Geneva, Switzerland
AIDS 24:S12-9. 2010..This review assesses the coverage of individual services and the additional components required to catalyze population level impact in Asia...
- Prevalence of transmitted drug resistance associated mutations and HIV-1 subtypes in new HIV-1 diagnoses, U.S.-2006William H Wheeler
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
AIDS 24:1203-12. 2010..To determine the distribution of HIV-1 subtypes and the prevalence of transmitted drug resistance-associated mutations (TDRM) among persons newly diagnosed with HIV-1 infection in the United States...
- Estimates of influenza vaccine effectiveness for 2007-2008 from Canada's sentinel surveillance system: cross-protection against major and minor variantsNaveed Z Janjua
British Columbia Centre for Disease Control, Canada
J Infect Dis 205:1858-68. 2012To estimate influenza vaccine effectiveness (VE) for the 2007-2008 season and assess the sentinel surveillance system in Canada for monitoring virus evolution and impact on VE.
- Sentinel chicken seroconversions track tangential transmission of West Nile virus to humans in the greater Los Angeles area of CaliforniaJennifer L Kwan
Center for Vectorborne Diseases, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:1137-45. 2010..In urban Los Angeles, sentinel chicken seroconversions could be used as an outcome measure in decision support for emergency intervention...
- A new sentinel surveillance system for severe influenza in England shows a shift in age distribution of hospitalised cases in the post-pandemic periodShelly Bolotin
Health Protection Agency, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e30279. 2012..This article presents the results of the first season of operation of USISS in 2010/11...
- Epidemiology of seasonal influenza: use of surveillance data and statistical models to estimate the burden of diseaseWilliam W Thompson
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 194:S82-91. 2006..Further improvements in national influenza surveillance systems will be needed to collect and analyze data in a timely manner during the next pandemic...
- A new antigenic variant of human influenza A (H3N2) virus isolated from airport and community surveillance in Taiwan in early 2009Ji Rong Yang
National Influenza Center, Centers for Disease Control, No 161, Kun Yang Street, Taipei 115, Taiwan, ROC
Virus Res 151:33-8. 2010....
- U.S. Government engagement in support of global disease surveillanceRebecca L Katz
U S Department of State, Washington, DC, USA
BMC Public Health 10:S13. 2010..This paper aims to describe the agencies and offices working directly on global disease surveillance capacity building in order to clarify the United States Government interagency efforts in this space...
- Role of corvids in epidemiology of west Nile virus in southern CaliforniaWilliam K Reisen
Center for Vectorborne Diseases, Department of Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Med Entomol 43:356-67. 2006..In contrast the uniform dispersion by territorial western scrub-jays resulted in a high, but evenly distributed, incidence of human disease in Kern County...
- High school athletic departments as sentinel surveillance sites for community-associated methicillin-resistant staphylococcal infectionsBeth Barr
Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W 49th, Austin, TX 78756, USA
Tex Med 102:56-61. 2006....
- Genotype analysis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from a sentinel surveillance populationLauren S Cowan
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 8:1294-302. 2002..These fingerprint sets contain up to 251 patterns and 414 isolates; together, they contain 21% of isolates in this copy number range. These sets of fingerprints may represent endemic strains distributed across the United States...
- Low-pathogenic notifiable avian influenza serosurveillance and the risk of infection in poultry - a critical review of the European Union active surveillance programme (2005-2007)J L Gonzales
Department of Virology, Central Veterinary Institute of Wageningen UR, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Influenza Other Respir Viruses 4:91-9. 2010..To date, there is the need to evaluate the surveillance activity in order to optimize the programme's surveillance design...
- A review of the dynamics and severity of the pandemic A(H1N1) influenza virus on Réunion island, 2009E D'Ortenzio
Regional office Cire Réunion Mayotte of the French Institute for Public Health Surveillance Institut de veille sanitaire, InVS, Reunion, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:309-16. 2010....
- Empirical evidence for the effect of airline travel on inter-regional influenza spread in the United StatesJohn S Brownstein
Children s Hospital Informatics Program at the Harvard MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS Med 3:e401. 2006..Here, we assess, with empirical data, the role of airline volume on the yearly inter-regional spread of influenza in the United States...
- Laboratory-based surveillance and molecular epidemiology of influenza virus in TaiwanShin Ru Shih
Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Microbiol 43:1651-61. 2005..No clear seasonality of influenza reports in Taiwan occurred in contrast to other more continental regions...
- Trends of HIV-1 seroincidence among HIV-1 sentinel surveillance groups in Cambodia, 1999-2002Vonthanak Saphonn
National Center for HIV AIDS, Dermatology and STDs, Phnom Penh, Cambodia and the Department of Epidemiology, University of California School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 39:587-92. 2005This study reports trends in HIV-1 incidence in Cambodia among different target groups in the HIV-1 Sentinel Surveillance Program in 1999, 2000, and 2002, using the newly developed IgG capture BED-enzyme (HIV subtypes B, E and D) ..
- Bird species potentially involved in introduction, amplification, and spread of West Nile virus in a Mediterranean wetland, the Camargue (Southern France)E Jourdain
Station Biologique de la Tour du Valat, Arles, France
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 7:15-33. 2007..The obtained lists of bird species potentially involved in the introduction, amplification and spread of WNV should prove useful to determine target species on which further studies on WNV ecology in birds could be focused...
- Identifying West Nile virus risk areas: the Dynamic Continuous-Area Space-Time systemConstandinos N Theophilides
Center for Advanced Research of Spatial Information, Hunter College, City University of New York, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Epidemiol 157:843-54. 2003....
- Sentinel surveillance system for early outbreak detection in MadagascarLaurence Randrianasolo
Unite d Epidemiologie, Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, Antananarivo, République de Madagascar
BMC Public Health 10:31. 2010..We describe the challenges and steps involved in developing a sentinel surveillance system and the well-timed information it provides for improving public health decision-making.
- Molecular epidemiology of tuberculosis in a sentinel surveillance populationBarbara A Ellis
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 8:1197-209. 2002..The study included all incident, culture-positive TB patients from seven sentinel surveillance sites in the United States from 1996 to 2000. M...
- Second-generation HIV surveillance: better data for decision-makingThomas Rehle
Bull World Health Organ 82:121-7. 2004..The implementation of such systems, including a better use of the data generated by the system, will ensure that national programmes are in the best possible position to respond to the challenges of the epidemic...
- Imported Falciparum malaria in Europe: sentinel surveillance data from the European network on surveillance of imported infectious diseasesT Jelinek
Department of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, University of Munich, 80802 Munich, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 34:572-6. 2002..b>Sentinel surveillance of data collected prospectively since 1999 has begun within TropNetEurop, a European network focusing on ..
- Overview of infectious disease surveillance system in Japan, 1999-2005Kiyosu Taniguchi
Infectious Disease Surveillance Center, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8640, Japan
J Epidemiol 17:S3-13. 2007..This paper is an attempt to illustrate the potential impact of the new surveillance system through a description of the existing surveillance system and data before and after the revision...
- Factors associated with HIV virologic failure among patients on HAART for one year at three sentinel surveillance sites in ChinaXia Wang
State Key Laboratory for Infectious Disease Prevention and Control, and National Center for AIDS STD Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, China
Curr HIV Res 9:103-11. 2011..Emerging HIV drug resistance (HIVDR) poses a growing threat to the long-term success and durability of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Acute respiratory infection and influenza-like illness viral etiologies in Brazilian adultsNancy Bellei
Medicine Department, Infectious Diseases Unit, Clinical Virology Laboratory, Sao Paulo Federal University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Med Virol 80:1824-7. 2008..These findings highlight the implications of other viruses in ILI etiology and suggest that during the influenza season, this clinical overlap must be considered in the diagnosis and clinical management of patients...
- Evaluation of a school-based influenza surveillance systemD D Lenaway
Boulder County Health Department, CO, USA
Public Health Rep 110:333-7. 1995..the epidemic curves from the school-based system with those of a preexisting communicable disease sentinel surveillance system...
- FluCAN 2009: initial results from sentinel surveillance for adult influenza and pneumonia in eight Australian hospitalsPaul M Kelly
National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Med J Aust 194:169-74. 2011..To describe the epidemiology of adult patients hospitalised with influenza or pneumonia during a pandemic season in a sentinel network in Australia...
- Measuring trends in prevalence and incidence of HIV infection in countries with generalised epidemicsP D Ghys
Joint United Nations Programme on AIDS UNAIDS, Avenue Appia 20, Geneva CH 1211, Switzerland
Sex Transm Infect 82:i52-6. 2006..Review of recent data and practice to derive guidance on questions relating to the measurement and analysis of trends in HIV prevalence and incidence...
- Arboviral diseases and malaria in Australia, 2007/08: annual report of the National Arbovirus and Malaria Advisory CommitteeGerard J Fitzsimmons
Office of Health Protection, Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Commun Dis Intell Q Rep 33:155-69. 2009..This annual report presents information on diseases transmitted by mosquitoes in Australia and notified to NNDSS...
- Health monitoring in sentinel practice networks: the contribution of primary careD M Fleming
Birmingham Research Unit, The Royal College of General Practitioners, Birmingham, UK
Eur J Public Health 13:80-4. 2003..As part of that programme we considered how primary care might contribute relevant data...
- Sentinel monitoring of general community health during the 1998 World Football CupT Hanslik
, , 27, rue Chaligny, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 49:135-45. 2001....
- Evaluation of a sentinel surveillance system for influenza, 1995-2000, Kyoto City, JapanHayato Fujii
Community Medicine Section, Health and Welfare Bureau, Kyoto 604 8571, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 55:23-6. 2002We compared a municipal sentinel surveillance system for influenza with the Microbial Isolation Surveillance System (MISS) in Kyoto City, Japan...
- Spectrum of disease and relation to place of exposure among ill returned travelersDavid O Freedman
Division of Geographic Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, USA
N Engl J Med 354:119-30. 2006..Approximately 8 percent of travelers to the developing world require medical care during or after travel. Current understanding of morbidity profiles among ill returned travelers is based on limited data from the 1980s...
- Absence of influenza A(H1N1) during seasonal and pandemic seasons in a sentinel nursing home surveillance network in the NetherlandsRemko Enserink
Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:2301-5. 2011..To describe the epidemiological, virological, and institutional characteristics of influenza-like illness (ILI) in nursing homes (NHs)...
- Changing disparities in invasive pneumococcal disease by socioeconomic status and race/ ethnicity in Connecticut, 1998-2008Kristen Soto
Connecticut Department of Public Health, Emerging Infections Program, Hartford, CT 06134 0308, USA
Public Health Rep 126:81-8. 2011....
- Chlamydia at an inner metropolitan sexual health service in Sydney, NSW: Australian Collaboration for Chlamydia Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance (ACCESS) ProjectNeil Franklin
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2010, Australia
Sex Health 7:478-83. 2010..The Australian Collaboration for Chlamydia Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance (ACCESS) Project was established to monitor chlamydia testing rates and positivity rates at a national ..
- Early warning system for West Nile virus risk areas, California, USARyan M Carney
California Department of Public Health, Richmond, California, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 17:1445-54. 2011..Although prediction rates declined in subsequent years, results indicate DYCAST was a timely and effective early warning system during the severe 2005 epidemic...
- Establishing a linked sentinel surveillance system for blood-borne viruses and sexually transmissible infections: methods, system attributes and early findingsJane L Goller
Burnet Institute, Melbourne, VIC 3001, Australia
Sex Health 7:425-33. 2010To describe the attributes and key findings from implementation of a new blood-borne virus (BBV) and sexually transmissible infection (STI) sentinel surveillance system based on routine testing at clinical sites in Victoria, Australia.
- Utility of Prevention of Parent-to-Child Transmission (PPTCT). Programme data for HIV surveillance in general populationRajesh Kumar
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, School of Public Health, Chandigarh, India
Indian J Med Res 132:256-9. 2010HIV sentinel surveillance (HSS) among antenatal clinic (ANC) attendees is used to monitor HIV trends in general population...
- Sentinel surveillance for pharyngeal chlamydia and gonorrhea among men who have sex with men--San Francisco, 2010Jason Park
Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Sex Transm Dis 39:482-4. 2012..We examined pharyngeal CT and GC among MSM screened in San Francisco in 2010...
- Hepatitis C testing in sexual health services in England, 2002-7: results from sentinel surveillanceEmily Tweed
Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5EQ, UK
Sex Transm Infect 86:126-30. 2010To describe testing for hepatitis C virus (HCV) in sexual health services in England between 2002 and 2007, using data from a sentinel surveillance study of hepatitis testing.
- Mind-Body E-Portal: A Practice-to-Research Platform for Consumer-Driven WellnessJoel B Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2010..has the potential to address two Institute of Medicine (2005) recommendations for CAM, to develop (1) a sentinel surveillance system composed of sites that collect data on patterns of CAM and (2) practice-based CAM research networks...
- Organ Transplant Infection Detection and Prevention ProgramFernanda P Silveira; Fiscal Year: 2012..One of the aims of CDC is to perform a program of sentinel surveillance in solid organ and stem cell transplant recipients and to evaluate the impact of new infection programs...
- REGIONAL VENTRICULAR STRAIN METRICS TO PREDICT NEW-ONSET HEART FAILURE COURSEMichael K Pasque; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will statistically optimize the micro-regional makeup of our sentinel surveillance region and compare our results to the predictive capabilities of the current standard, echocardiographic ..
- Bioterrorism and Influenza Surveillance NetworkJonathan Temte; Fiscal Year: 2003The Wisconsin Bioterrorism and Influenza Sentinel Surveillance Network [BISSEN] Background: The ability to conduct sentinel surveillance for infections resulting from bioterrorism and other emerging infections is becoming an essential ..
- ANTIMALARIAL RESISTANCE IN THAILANDSteven Meshnick; Fiscal Year: 2000..test the following three hypotheses: (1) resistance to artemisinin compounds will emerge in Indochina; a sentinel surveillance system established in this area will allow its early detection and control; (2) low- levels of artemisinin ..
- Central Nervous System Infections in PeruJoseph Zunt; Fiscal Year: 2004..Research Center Detachment (NMRCD) in Peru, which provides the unique opportunity to leverage addition of sentinel surveillance for acute meningoencephalitis...
- Development of research capacity for AIDS and TB in Samara Oblast, RussiaYanina Balabanova; Fiscal Year: 2006..Further research would include the development of: (a) sentinel surveillance of HIV epidemic; (b) clade and drug resistance analysis of HIV strains region-wide; (c) baseline analysis, ..
- PREVALENCE OF HIV-1 INFECTION IN COLLEGE STUDENTSKaren Kotloff; Fiscal Year: 1992..b>Sentinel surveillance on college campuses is another approach to monitoring seroprevalence in sexually active young adults...
- BioSense Initiative to Improve Early Outbreak DetectionHoward Burkom; Fiscal Year: 2007..link in the process of automated outbreak[unreadable] detection to complement and backup the traditional sentinel surveillance system...
- Evaluation Methods for Community Level HIV InterventionsMaureen Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004..Aim 3: The feasibility of transferring and adapting the methodology and technology for ongoing sentinel surveillance in this community as an academic/public health collaborative effort will be assessed...
- Noise, Solvents, and Hearing LossPeter Rabinowitz; Fiscal Year: 2004..A nested case control study will match cases of hearing loss identified in the cohort with controls by age at hire, year of hire, sex, and gender, to further explore these relationships. ..
- ECOLOGY AND GENETICS OF VENEZUELAN EQUINE ENCEPHALITISScott Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information will be invaluable in targeting prevention and control resources, especially for obtaining maximum benefit in developing countries with limited resources. ..
- ARBOVIRUS PERSISTENCE IN SEASONAL WETLANDSWilliam Reisen; Fiscal Year: 2002..Virus ecology at wetlands in the Coachella Valley of southeastern California with consistent enzootic activity will be compared with wetlands in the southern San Joaquin Valley where virus activity currently is intermittent. ..
- HOST COMPETENCE FACTORS AFFECT ARBOVIRUS TRANSMISSIONWilliam Reisen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Studies will assess how alternating sequential infections between vertebrate and vector species that are part of the natural transmission cycle may alter virus genetics and fitness. ..
- CLINICAL NEUROSCIENCE TRAINING PROGRAMTIMOTHY PEDLEY; Fiscal Year: 2008..The program flexibly accommodates MDs with academic interests but little past research experience as well as MD-PhDs who wish to continue their research or re-orient the focus of their laboratory interest. ..
- Improving Syndromic Surveillance by Data IntegrationAlexander Ozonoff; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Response to Multivitamins/Minerals During Cancer TherapyJean Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanism of Endotoxin's Effect On Allergy RiskKeoki Williams; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is the hoped that understanding the mechanism of endotoxin's effect will establish new targets for the prevention of allergies. ..
- Weight Management Skills--African American OutpatientsShiriki Kumanyika; Fiscal Year: 2005..Group 0. Secondary analyses will compare the respective treatment and control groups on diet, physical activity, and clinical CVD risk factor changes and will assess predictors of outcomes and cost-effectiveness. ..
- A Pilot Study of School-Based HIV Intervention in ChinaHongjie Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study addresses significant public health issues related to drug use and HIV infection among youths in rural China. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TS PROPHYLAXIS AND DRUG-RESISTANT MALARIA IN MALAWICHRISTOPHER PLOWE; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epidemiology of Arboviral Encephalomyelitis in HoustonKristy Murray; Fiscal Year: 2007..Her time will be directed toward completion of the specific aims of this proposal and her PhD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Community-based VCT for HIV in Rural Migrants in ChinaNa He; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- SaTScan: Spatial Scan Statistic Surveillance SoftwareMartin Kulldorff; Fiscal Year: 2008..In this project, we propose to further develop and maintain the SaTScan software to fulfill many of these needs. ..
- Reducing Transmission of Influenza by Face MasksARNOLD MONTO; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such a reduction could have a major public health impact during a pandemic. In the second year, the study can be expanded or modified based on findings in the first. ..
- Signal Detection for Prescription Opioid OutbreaksStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2008..This system should be perceived by stakeholders as highly valuable. Thus, we believe this product has enormous commercial viability and public health importance. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Knee OA: Setting Priorities for Care, Policy, ResearchElena Losina; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will provide guidance to clinicians and policy makers on efforts to reduce pain and disability, and to improve quality of life for people with knee osteoarthritis. ..
- Randomized, controlled trial of daily trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole or weekly chlCHRISTOPHER PLOWE; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Data Evaluation for Early Disease Outbreak DetectionKenneth Kleinman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- New Nosocomial Interventions to Decrease Antimicrobial Resistance TransmissionAnthony Harris; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- International Mobility of HIVHong Ha M Truong; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Pain Assessment Interview and Clinical Advisory SystemStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, we believe this product has enormous commercial viability and public health importance. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hospital-Acquired Infections in the ElderlyKeith Kaye; Fiscal Year: 2008..The risk factor identified for SSI and MDRB and the impact of SSI and MDRB on health outcomes will be used to design and implement future preventive interventions. ..
- HIV Pathogenesis, prevention and treatment in the AndesJorge Sanchez; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ENDOMETRIAL CANCER AND POSTMENOPAUSAL HORMONE THERAPYNoel Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2001..The proposed study has the potential to obtain information that can guide their choice of hormonal regimen so as to minimize the likelihood of endometrial cancer as an adverse effect of this otherwise useful therapy. ..
- IGF-I LEVELS, IGF-I GENOTYPE, AND PROSTATE CANCERNoel Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Screening for Addiction Risk in Chronic Opioid TherapyStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2005..Substantial Phase III support has been committed by Endo Pharmaceuticals. The resulting measure should be reliable, valid, and easy to use in practice settings. ..
- Study design importance in analyzing emerging pathogensAnthony Harris; Fiscal Year: 2005..The second aim will be done by combining epidemiological relatedness and molecular relatedness through pulse-field gel electrophoresis of ESBL cultures to quantify the importance of patient to patient transmission. ..
- Computerized ASI Follow-up and Outcome SystemStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2004..Client acceptance will be evaluated along with correspondence between the IVR and traditional ASI administration. Phase II will evaluate the system's validity, capacity to produce acceptable response rates, and cost-effectiveness. ..
- A Chinese Adaptation of the ASI-Multimedia VersionStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2004..The final product will be marketed as part of our extensive suite of substance abuse-related, multimedia tools. ..
- MULTIMEDIA SMOKING CESSATION FOR ALCOHOLIC CLIENTSStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2002..If a computerized, affordable smoking cessation program can be shown, in field trials, to have demonstrable efficacy, the commercial potential can be extraordinary. ..
- A Spanish Adaptation of the ASI-Multimedia VersionStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2002..Due to its reliability and low cost, we believe the ASI-MV could become the "Gold Standard" addictions assessment. Under such a circumstance, a Spanish adaptation would enjoy widespread use and profitability. ..
- LINKING OCCUPATIONAL INJURY AND ILLNESS DATA BASESKenneth Rosenman; Fiscal Year: 2002..We have assembled an interdisciplinary team consisting of an occupational health physician, epidemiologists, a biostatistician and a computer programmer. We have arranged access to all nine data systems. ..
- REMOTE SENSING AND GIS FOR SCHISTOSOMIASIS CONTROLRobert Spear; Fiscal Year: 2002..Subsequently, efforts will be made to make the classification more precise by supplementing these data with ecological and landscape data and to evaluate alternative remotely sensed data for their ability to predict risk areas. ..
- CYSTEINE PROTEINASES AS LEISHMANIAL VIRULENCE FACTORSLAURENCE BUXBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2002..D. and Ph.D. degrees, with thesis research in the GPI anchor of African trypanosomes. He has completed his clinical training in Internal Medicine and a clinical year of Infectious Diseases at the University of Pennsylvania. ..
- Risks for HIV and STIs among Moscow Sex WorkersChris Beyrer; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Peer Intervention as Pedagogic Paradigm in Kinshasa SPHFrieda Behets; Fiscal Year: 2006..Main outcome measures will be self reported sexual risk behaviors and STI/HIV incidence. The work will inform HIV prevention policy and strengthen research and training at KSPH ..
- Internet Monitoring Of Prescription Drug AbuseStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2006..Phase II will see development of a full prototype of PRISM and demonstration of its reliability and internal and external validity. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HEPATITIS C IN IDUS--EPIDEMIOLOGY AND PREVENTIONHanne Thiede; Fiscal Year: 2001..The study will also increase awareness of the magnitude of the problem of HCV by measuring incident infections and investigating whether IDUs represent an important source of HCV transmission to other segments of the population. ..
- TS PROPHYLAXIS AND DRUG-RESISTANT MALARIA IN MALAWICHRISTOPHER PLOWE; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Randomized trial of HIV / STD prevention in Zimbabwean youthFrances Cowan; Fiscal Year: 2006..The most valid method will then be used in the final outcomes survey for the parent trial. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ASI-MV.net: A Prescription Medication Monitoring ToolStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2006..Phase II will fully develop the ASI-MV.net website and establish its reliability and validity. The ASI-MV.net will be an innovative solution to problems collecting product-specific addictions data in real time. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME: GENETIC STUDIES IN ZEBRAFISHMICHAEL CARVAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Resistant E.coli in Humans and PoultryJames Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Does the research address a current and compelling problem of antimicrobial resistance that is of high public health importance and for which research is needed? [yes]. ..
- Use of Complementary and Alternative Medical (CAM) Providers by Cancer PatientsPaula Diehr; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will increase the understanding of the role CAM should play in providing supportive care for cancer patients. ..
- Optimizing strategies for universal HIV testingRochelle P Walensky; Fiscal Year: 2010..The scientific basis for early detection of HIV infection and aggressive linkage to care has been successfully laid. The challenge now is to identify effective, affordable, and cost-effective implementation mechanisms. ..
- Pixel-accurate oncologic therapy using a scanning fiber endoscopeEric J Seibel; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- International Society Environmental Epidemiology 2003Irva Hertz Picciotto; Fiscal Year: 2003..ISEE provides a variety of forums for discussion, critical reviews, collaborations and education issues for environmental exposures and their human health effects. ..
- Image-guided catheter biopsy of peripheral lung cancerEric Seibel; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Genotypic and Phenotypic Analysis of West Nile virus, Yucatan Peninsula of MexicoBradley Blitvich; Fiscal Year: 2008..This information will help determine why there has not been an epidemic of WNV in the YP, and will identify risk factors associated with WNV disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Transplant Associated Infection Surveillance NetworkPeter Pappas; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, the establishment of a bank will be invaluable in the development and validation of newer diagnostic assays. ..
- CatheterScope for Intraluminal Image of Early.NeoplasiaEric Seibel; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Prenatal Ultrasound And Birth DefectsDOROTHY WALLER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Estimates of sensitivity and specificity will be calculated for each of 38 different categories of malformations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular approaches for understanding TB dynamicsTheodore Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is our hope that better analytic techniques will allow for more accurate assessments of treatment and prevention. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mental Health Services in NY after WTC DisasterJoseph Boscarino; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Early Childhood Development and PCB Exposures in Slovak*Irva Hertz Picciotto; Fiscal Year: 2005..Other unique features include the evaluation of hearing loss at birth, the measurement of hydroxy and methylsulfone metabolites of PCBs, and a population which includes about 1/3 Gypsies. ..
- Prevalence, risk factors and consequences of complex M. Tuberculosis infectionsTheodore Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2010..The overall goal of this study is to learn more about the natural history of TB and to use this knowledge to improve the health of individuals and their communities. ..