Genomes and Genes
Summary: EPIDEMIOLOGIC STUDIES based on the detection through serological testing of characteristic change in the serum level of specific ANTIBODIES. Latent subclinical infections and carrier states can thus be detected in addition to clinically overt cases.
Publications306 found, 100 shown here
- Incidence of 2009 pandemic influenza A H1N1 infection in England: a cross-sectional serological studyElizabeth Miller
Immunisation, Hepatitis and Blood Safety Department, Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, London, UK
Lancet 375:1100-8. 2010....
- The infection attack rate and severity of 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza in Hong KongJoseph T Wu
Department of Community Medicine and School of Public Health, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Clin Infect Dis 51:1184-91. 2010..Serial cross-sectional data on antibody levels to the 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza A virus from a population can be used to estimate the infection attack rates and immunity against future infection in the community...
- Risk factors and immunity in a nationally representative population following the 2009 influenza A(H1N1) pandemicDon Bandaranayake
Institute of Environmental Science and Research, National Centre for Biosecurity and Infectious Disease, Upper Hutt, New Zealand
PLoS ONE 5:e13211. 2010..Understanding immunity, incidence and risk factors of the 2009 influenza A(H1N1) pandemic (2009 H1N1) through a national seroprevalence study is necessary for informing public health interventions and disease modelling...
- Assessment of baseline age-specific antibody prevalence and incidence of infection to novel influenza A/H1N1 2009P Hardelid
Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, London, UK
Health Technol Assess 14:115-92. 2010....
- Estimating medium- and long-term trends in malaria transmission by using serological markers of malaria exposureC J Drakeley
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:5108-13. 2005..Thus, serological tools allow us to detect variations in malaria transmission over time. Such tools will be invaluable for monitoring trends in malaria endemicity and the effectiveness of malaria control programs...
- Seroprevalence following the second wave of Pandemic 2009 H1N1 influenza in Pittsburgh, PA, USAShanta M Zimmer
School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e11601. 2010..The objective was to determine the seroprevalence of antibodies against the pandemic 2009 H1N1 influenza strain by decade of birth among Pittsburgh-area residents...
- Seroepidemiology of human polyomavirusesJaime M Kean
Department of Microbiology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000363. 2009..The seroprevalence in children under 21 years of age (n = 721) for all Pys was similar to that of the adult population, suggesting that primary exposure to these viruses likely occurs in childhood...
- Serology: a robust indicator of malaria transmission intensity?Patrick Corran
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine LSHTM, Keppel St, London, WC1E 7HT, UK
Trends Parasitol 23:575-82. 2007..Here we present a suggested methodology, highlight the advantages and shortcomings of serological measurements of malaria transmission and identify areas in which further work is desirable...
- Seroprevalence of cytomegalovirus infection in the United States, 1988-1994Stephanie A S Staras
Department of Epidemiology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:1143-51. 2006..However, there are no nationwide estimates of CMV seroprevalence among pregnant women or the overall population of the United States...
- Dried blood spots as a source of anti-malarial antibodies for epidemiological studiesPatrick H Corran
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Malar J 7:195. 2008..Although recommendations for the storage and analysis of small molecule analytes in blood spots exist, there are no published systematic studies of the stability of antibodies under different storage conditions...
- Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii infection in household and stray cats in Lanzhou, northwest ChinaSong Ming Wu
College of Veterinary Medicine, Gansu Agricultural University, Lanzhou, Gansu Province, PR China
Parasit Vectors 4:214. 2011..gondii infection in cats was available in Lanzhou, northwest China. This study was performed to determine the seroprevalence of T. gondii infection in household and stray cats in Lanzhou, northwest China...
- Seroepidemiology of pandemic influenza A (H1N1) 2009 virus infections in Pune, IndiaBabasaheb V Tandale
National Institute of Virology, 20 A, Dr, Ambedkar Road, Pune 411001, India
BMC Infect Dis 10:255. 2010..We undertook serosurveys among the risk groups and general population to determine the extent of pandemic influenza A (H1N1) 2009 virus infections...
- A comparison of two commercially available anti-HEV IgG kits and a re-evaluation of anti-HEV IgG seroprevalence data in developed countriesRichard Bendall
Clinical Microbiology, Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust, Truro, United Kingdom
J Med Virol 82:799-805. 2010....
- Epidemiological serosurvey of hepatitis B in China--declining HBV prevalence due to hepatitis B vaccinationXiaofeng Liang
Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, China
Vaccine 27:6550-7. 2009....
- Age-specific incidence of A/H1N1 2009 influenza infection in England from sequential antibody prevalence data using likelihood-based estimationMarc Baguelin
Immunisation, Hepatitis and Blood Safety Department, Health Protection Agency, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e17074. 2011..The method provides a more accurate and continuous measure of incidence than achieved by comparing prevalence in samples grouped by time period...
- Effectiveness of public health measures in mitigating pandemic influenza spread: a prospective sero-epidemiological cohort studyVernon J Lee
Biodefence Centre, Ministry of Defence, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, National University of Singapore, Singapore Armed Forces, Singapore
J Infect Dis 202:1319-26. 2010..Few studies have validated the effectiveness of public health interventions in reducing influenza spread in real‐life settings. We aim to validate these measures used during the 2009 pandemic...
- Retrospective seroepidemiology indicated that human enterovirus 71 and coxsackievirus A16 circulated wildly in central and southern China before large-scale outbreaks from 2008Zhen Zhu
State Key Laboratory for Molecular Virology and Genetic Engineering, Institute for Viral Disease Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, No 155, Changbai Road, Changping District, Beijing 102206, China
Virol J 7:300. 2010..This study aims to identify the situation of natural human enterovirus 71 (HEV71) and coxsackievirus A16 (CVA16) infections in children before 2008 in China...
- National seroprevalence and risk factors for Zoonotic Toxocara spp. infectionKimberly Y Won
Division of Parasitic Diseases, National Center for Zoonotic, Vectorborne, and Enteric Diseases, CCID, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341 3724, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 79:552-7. 2008..2; CI: 1.8, 2.8), poverty (OR: 1.5; CI: 1.3, 1.8), elevated blood lead concentrations (OR: 1.4; CI: 1.1, 1.9), and dog ownership (OR: 1.2; CI: 1.1, 1.4). Toxocara infection is widespread and associated with specific risk groups...
- Epidemic West Nile encephalitis, New York, 1999: results of a household-based seroepidemiological surveyF Mostashari
Communicable Disease Program, New York City Department of Health, NY 10013, USA
Lancet 358:261-4. 2001..We did a household-based seroepidemiological survey to assess more clearly the public-health impact of the epidemic, its range of illness, and risk factors associated with infection...
- Toxoplasmosis snapshots: global status of Toxoplasma gondii seroprevalence and implications for pregnancy and congenital toxoplasmosisGeorgios Pappas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Athens, Greece
Int J Parasitol 39:1385-94. 2009....
- Epidemiology and control of neosporosis and Neospora caninumJ P Dubey
Animal Parasitic Diseases Laboratory, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 20:323-67. 2007..caninum in animals and humans are tabulated. The role of wildlife in the life cycle of N. caninum and strategies for the control of neosporosis in cattle are discussed...
- The epidemiology of interpandemic and pandemic influenza in Vietnam, 2007-2010: the Ha Nam household cohort study IPeter Horby
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, National Hospital of Tropical Diseases, 78 Giai Phong Street, Dong Da District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Am J Epidemiol 175:1062-74. 2012..These heterogeneities could influence the impact of school closure and childhood vaccination on influenza transmission in tropical areas, such as Vietnam...
- Population-based study of antibody to the human polyomaviruses BKV and JCV and the simian polyomavirus SV40Wendy A Knowles
Enteric, Respiratory and Neurological Virus Laboratory, Specialist and Reference Microbiology Division, Health Protection Agency, Colindale, London, United Kingdom
J Med Virol 71:115-23. 2003..There is no serological evidence that SV40 entered the human population during the past 80 years, and the possibility of cross-reaction with BKV or JCV antibody must be considered...
- Human antibodies to recombinant protein constructs of Plasmodium falciparum Apical Membrane Antigen 1 (AMA1) and their associations with protection from malariaSpencer D Polley
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Vaccine 23:718-28. 2004..Results encourage the development of an AMA1 vaccine based on the full-length ectodomain, and indicate that the function of human antibodies to allele-specific and conserved epitopes in AMA1 should be studied further...
- Are swine workers in the United States at increased risk of infection with zoonotic influenza virus?Kendall P Myers
Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases, Department of Epidemiology, University of Iowa College of Public Health, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Clin Infect Dis 42:14-20. 2006..Pigs have an important role in interspecies transmission of the virus. We examined multiple swine-exposed human populations in the nation's number 1 swine-producing state for evidence of previous swine influenza virus infection...
- Risk factors of enterovirus 71 infection and associated hand, foot, and mouth disease/herpangina in children during an epidemic in TaiwanLuan Yin Chang
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Pediatrics 109:e88. 2002..We measured EV71 seroprevalence rates before and after the epidemic and investigated risk factors associated with EV71 infection and illness...
- Hepatitis E: an emerging infection in developed countriesHarry R Dalton
Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust, Truro, UK
Lancet Infect Dis 8:698-709. 2008..The source and route of infection remain uncertain, but it might be a porcine zoonosis. Patients with unexplained hepatitis should be tested for hepatitis E, whatever their age or travel history...
- Risk factors for Toxoplasma gondii infection in the United StatesJeffrey L Jones
Division of Parasitic Diseases, National Center for Zoonotic, Vectorborne, and Enteric Diseases, Coordinating Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Clin Infect Dis 49:878-84. 2009..Toxoplasmosis can cause severe ocular and neurological disease. We sought to determine risk factors for Toxoplasma gondii infection in the United States...
- Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii infection in pet dogs in Lanzhou, Northwest ChinaSong Ming Wu
State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Etiological Biology, Key Laboratory of Veterinary Parasitology of Gansu Province, Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute, CAAS, Lanzhou, Gansu Province, PR China
Parasit Vectors 4:64. 2011..However, little is known about the prevalence of T. gondii in pet dogs in Northwest China. In the present study, the prevalence of T. gondii in pet dogs in Lanzhou, China was investigated using the modified agglutination test (MAT)...
- Historical perspective of foamy virus epidemiology and infectionC D Meiering
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 14:165-76. 2001..In this communication, we briefly discuss the current status of FV research and review the history of FV epidemiology, as well as the lack of pathogenicity in natural, experimental, and zoonotic infections...
- Seroprevalence of antibodies against human papillomavirus (HPV) types 16 and 18 in four continents: the International Agency for Research on Cancer HPV Prevalence SurveysSalvatore Vaccarella
International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:2379-88. 2010..Few human papillomavirus (HPV) seroprevalence studies have been carried out in women from low-resource countries...
- Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii infection in slaughtered chickens, ducks, and geese in Shenyang, northeastern ChinaNa Yang
College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Shenyang Agricultural University, Shenyang, Liaoning Province 110866, China
Parasit Vectors 5:237. 2012..gondii infection in poultry in northeastern China. Therefore, the present study was performed to determine the prevalence of T. gondii infection in slaughtered chickens, ducks, and geese in Shenyang, northeastern China...
- Rift Valley fever virus infection in African buffalo (Syncerus caffer) herds in rural South Africa: evidence of interepidemic transmissionA Desiree LaBeaud
Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, Oakland, CA, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:641-6. 2011..These findings highlight the potential importance of wildlife as reservoirs for RVFV and interepidemic RVFV transmission in perpetuating regional RVFV transmission risk...
- Seroprevalence of Helicobacter pylori in South KoreaJeong Yoon Yim
Healthcare System Gangnam Center, Healthcare Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Helicobacter 12:333-40. 2007..The aims of this study were to investigate the interval change of seropositivity of H. pylori between 1998 and 2005 in Korean adult population and to find the factors related to H. pylori infection...
- Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii infection among horses in TunisiaSonia Boughattas
Laboratoire de Recherche 05SP03, Laboratoire de Parasitologie, Institut Pasteur de Tunis, 13 Place Pasteur BP74, 1002 Tunis Belvédères, Tunisia
Parasit Vectors 4:218. 2011..horses from three major regions: a neighbourhood of a city in the North (Sidi Thabet), a neighbourhood of a city on the coast (Monastir) and a neighbourhood of a city in the middle (Battan) of Tunisia (North of Africa)...
- Seroprevalence of human polyomavirus 9 and cross-reactivity to African green monkey-derived lymphotropic polyomavirusFranziska Trusch
Division of Viral Infections, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
J Gen Virol 93:698-705. 2012....
- Toxoplasma gondii infection in the United States: seroprevalence and risk factorsJ L Jones
Division of Parasitic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341 3724, USA
Am J Epidemiol 154:357-65. 2001..gondii. Most women of childbearing age in the United States are susceptible to acute infection and should be educated about ways to minimize exposure to T. gondii...
- Hand, foot and mouth disease: seroprevalence of Coxsackie A16 and Enterovirus 71 in GermanyHolger F Rabenau
Institute of Medical Virology, Hospital of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University of Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
Med Microbiol Immunol 199:45-51. 2010..Obviously, the manifestation rate, i.e., distinct disease of these infections is low...
- Prevalence of Epstein-Barr virus in Japan: trends and future predictionKengo Takeuchi
Department of Pathology, Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Koto, Japan
Pathol Int 56:112-6. 2006..This result suggests that the delay will affect the incidence of EBV-associated disorders in Japan...
- Characterization of Nipah virus from naturally infected Pteropus vampyrus bats, MalaysiaSohayati A Rahman
Veterinary Research Institute, Ipoh, Malaysia
Emerg Infect Dis 16:1990-3. 2010..This isolate is monophyletic with previous NiVs in combined analysis, and the nucleocapsid gene phylogeny species...
- Hepatitis E virus antibodies in blood donors, FranceJean Michel Mansuy
Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
Emerg Infect Dis 17:2309-12. 2011..5% of voluntary blood donors in southwestern France. This finding suggests HEV is highly endemic to this region. The high HEV prevalence may reflect local dietary practices, such as eating uncooked pork and game products...
- Seroprevalence of antibodies to pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza virus among hospital staff in a medical center in TaiwanYu Jiun Chan
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Chin Med Assoc 73:62-6. 2010....
- Spread of vector-borne diseases and neglect of Leishmaniasis, EuropeJean Claude Dujardin
Instituut voor Tropische Geneeskunde, Antwerp, Belgium
Emerg Infect Dis 14:1013-8. 2008..Despite this possibility, no coordinated surveillance of the disease exists at the European level. In this review of leishmaniasis importance in Europe, we would like to bridge the gap between research and surveillance and control...
- Substantial regional differences in human herpesvirus 8 seroprevalence in sub-Saharan Africa: insights on the origin of the "Kaposi's sarcoma belt"Sheila C Dollard
Division of Viral Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Int J Cancer 127:2395-401. 2010..These findings help to explain the high KS incidence in the "KS Belt" and underscore the importance of a uniform approach to HHV-8 antibody testing...
- Time trend of the prevalence of hepatitis E antibodies among farmers and blood donors: a potential zoonosis in DenmarkPeer B Christensen
Department of Infectious Diseases, Odense University Hospital, Denmark
Clin Infect Dis 47:1026-31. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of anti-HEV among Danish blood donors and Danish farmers. In addition, we compared the prevalence among 2 sets of serum samples obtained from blood donors 20 years apart...
- Risk factors for herpes simplex virus type 2 and HIV among women at high risk in northwestern Tanzania: preparing for an HSV-2 intervention trialDeborah Watson-Jones
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, England
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:631-42. 2007..To determine prevalence of and risk factors for herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) and HIV among women being screened for a randomized, controlled trial of HSV suppressive therapy in northwestern Tanzania...
- Nipah virus infection in bats (order Chiroptera) in peninsular MalaysiaJ M Yob
Veterinary Research Institute, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Emerg Infect Dis 7:439-41. 2001..We collected 324 bats from 14 species on peninsular Malaysia. Neutralizing antibodies to Nipah virus were demonstrated in five species, suggesting widespread infection in bat populations in peninsular Malaysia...
- Chapter 5. Potential contribution of sero-epidemiological analysis for monitoring malaria control and elimination: historical and current perspectivesChris Drakeley
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Adv Parasitol 69:299-352. 2009..Here we present a review of the historical data and use it to assess the serological contribution to monitoring malaria elimination...
- Trends in herpes simplex virus type 1 and type 2 seroprevalence in the United StatesFujie Xu
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
JAMA 296:964-73. 2006..Preexisting HSV-1 antibodies can alleviate clinical manifestations of subsequently acquired HSV-2. Furthermore, HSV-1 has become an important cause of genital herpes in some developed countries...
- Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii in equids from Southern SpainI García-Bocanegra
Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Córdoba Agrifood Excellence International Campus ceiA3, Cordoba, Spain
Parasitol Int 61:421-4. 2012..gondii infection in donkeys in Europe. The presence of antibodies is indication of contact with the parasite and therefore, consumption of equine meat could be a potential source of human infection in Spain...
- Prevalence of Dirofilaria immitis, Ehrlichia canis, Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato, Anaplasma spp. and Leishmania infantum in apparently healthy and CVBD-suspect dogs in Portugal--a national serological studyLuis Cardoso
Department of Veterinary Sciences, School of Agrarian and Veterinary Sciences, University of Tras os Montes e Alto Douro, Vila Real, Portugal
Parasit Vectors 5:62. 2012..The present study aimed at assessing the seroprevalence of infection with or exposure to Dirofilaria immitis, Ehrlichia canis, Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato, Anaplasma spp. and Leishmania infantum in dogs in Portugal...
- Hyperendemic human and porcine Taenia solium infection in PerúHector H Garcia
Department of Microbiology, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
Am J Trop Med Hyg 68:268-75. 2003..Besides confirming the close relationship between taeniasis and cysticercosis cases, this large-scale field study demonstrated early age of tapeworm and cysticercosis infections in humans, and short duration of taeniasis infections...
- First report of Toxoplasma gondii infection in market-sold adult chickens, ducks and pigeons in northwest ChinaWei Cong
State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Etiological Biology, Key Laboratory of Veterinary Parasitology of Gansu Province, Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Lanzhou, Gansu Province, People s Republic of China
Parasit Vectors 5:110. 2012..gondii infection in domestic birds in Lanzhou, northwest China was available. Therefore, this study was performed to determine the seroprevalence of T. gondii infection in domestic birds in Lanzhou, northwest China...
- Current situation of Leishmania infantum infection in shelter dogs in northern SpainGuadalupe Miró
Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Parasit Vectors 5:60. 2012..Besides L. infantum infection, the epidemiological role of variables like sex, breed and age was also assessed...
- Hepatitis E virus seroprevalence among blood donors in southwest SwitzerlandAnnatina Kaufmann
Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e21150. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine the seroprevalence of Hepatitis E virus (HEV) among blood donors in southwest Switzerland...
- A serological survey of pigs, horses, and ducks in Nepal for evidence of infection with Japanese encephalitis virusGanesh R Pant
Central Veterinary Laboratory, Tripureshwor, Kathmandu, Nepal
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1081:124-9. 2006..92% were found positive for the presence of antibodies against JE virus infection in Nepal. Sero-prevalence of JE in pigs, ducks, and horses was 48.11%, 26.79%, and 50.0%, respectively...
- Seroepidemiology of Toxoplasma gondii infection in patients with vision and hearing impairments, cancer, HIV, or undergoing hemodialysis in Durango, MexicoC Alvarado-Esquivel
Faculty of Medicine, Juárez University of Durango State, 34000 Durango City, Durango, Mexico
J Parasitol 96:505-8. 2010..gondii infection than those with normal reflexes (19% vs. 9.4%, respectively: P = 0.04). Results of the present study are the first step in the design of prevention programs to avoid the sequelae of toxoplasmosis...
- Enterovirus 71 maternal antibodies in infants, TaiwanShu Ting Luo
National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan Miaoli, Taiwan
Emerg Infect Dis 15:581-4. 2009..Approximately 50% of neonates had detectable EV71 neutralizing antibodies, which declined to almost undetectable levels by 6 months of age...
- High titers of hemagglutination inhibition antibodies against 2009 H1N1 influenza virus in Southern IranMohsen Moghadami
Health Policy Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Iran J Immunol 7:39-48. 2010..As of December 30, 2009, a total of 3672 confirmed cases of human infection with a novel Influenza A (2009 H1N1) virus had been reported in Iran with 140 deaths...
- Autochthonous hepatitis E in Southwest England: natural history, complications and seasonal variation, and hepatitis E virus IgG seroprevalence in blood donors, the elderly and patients with chronic liver diseaseHarry R Dalton
Cornwall Gastrointestinal Unit, Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust, Truro, Cornwall, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:784-90. 2008..To report the natural history of autochthonous hepatitis E and hepatitis E virus (HEV) IgG seroprevalence in Southwest England...
- Serological survey of 2009 H1N1 influenza in residents of Beijing, ChinaY Deng
Beijing Center for Disease Prevention and Control CDC, Capital Medical University School of Public Health and Family Medicine, Beijing, China
Epidemiol Infect 139:52-8. 2011..Our study suggests that many factors, and not just the immunological level against 2009 H1N1 influenza in the community, affected the spread of the virus within the population of Beijing...
- Interepidemic Rift Valley fever virus seropositivity, northeastern KenyaA Desiree LaBeaud
Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 14:1240-6. 2008..Rural Gumarey reported more mosquito and animal exposure than Sogan-Godud. Seropositive persons were more likely to have visual impairment and retinal lesions; other physical findings did not differ...
- Toxoplasmosis in sheep--the last 20 yearsJ P Dubey
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Animal Parasitic Diseases Laboratory, Building 1001, Beltsville, MD 20705 2350, USA
Vet Parasitol 163:1-14. 2009..In the present paper, information on the prevalence, transmission, and control of ovine toxoplasmosis in the last 20 years is reviewed...
- Epidemiological aspects of canine visceral leishmaniosis in the Islamic Republic of IranMehdi Mohebali
School of Public Health Research, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Department of Medical Parasitology, P O Box 14155 6446, Tehran, Iran
Vet Parasitol 129:243-51. 2005..infantum and one other as L. tropica by molecular and biochemical techniques. For the first time in Iran, L. infantum and L. tropica were isolated from viscera of both a wolf and a domestic dog...
- Canine leishmaniasis in southeastern SpainJoaquina Martin-Sanchez
Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain
Emerg Infect Dis 15:795-8. 2009..Seroprevalence had increased at the meso-Mediterranean bioclimatic level over 22 years. Risk was highest for dogs that were older, large, lived outside, and lived at the meso-Mediterranean level...
- The seroprevalence of pandemic influenza H1N1 (2009) virus in ChinaCuiling Xu
State Key Laboratory for Molecular Virology and Genetic Engineering, National Institute for Viral Infectious Disease Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 6:e17919. 2011..To understand the geographic extent, risk factors, and attack rate of pH1N1 infection in China we conducted a nationwide serological survey to determine the prevalence of antibodies to pH1N1...
- Declining hepatitis A seroprevalence: a global review and analysisK H Jacobsen
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Epidemiol Infect 132:1005-22. 2004..Because the severity of illness increases with age, populations with a high proportion of susceptible adults should consider targeted vaccination programmes...
- Hepatitis A virus seroprevalence by age and world region, 1990 and 2005Kathryn H Jacobsen
Department of Global and Community Health, George Mason University, 4400 University Drive MS 5B7, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Vaccine 28:6653-7. 2010..The estimation of the global burden of hepatitis A and policies for public health control are dependent on an understanding of the changing epidemiology of this viral infection...
- The seroprevalence and seroincidence of enterovirus71 infection in infants and children in Ho Chi Minh City, Viet NamChau Bich Nguyen Tran
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
PLoS ONE 6:e21116. 2011..Taken together, these data suggest EV71 force of infection is high and highlights the need for more research into its epidemiology and pathogenesis in high disease burden countries...
- Toxoplasma gondii infection in humans and animals in the United StatesJ P Dubey
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Animal Parasitic Diseases Laboratory, Beltsville, MD 20705 2350, USA
Int J Parasitol 38:1257-78. 2008..Seroprevalence of T. gondii in humans and pigs is declining. Modes of transmission, epidemiology and environmental contamination with oocysts on land and sea are discussed...
- Incidence of pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza infection in children and pregnant women during the 2009 influenza season in Western Australia - a seroprevalence studyGary K Dowse
Communicable Disease Control Directorate, WA Health, Perth, WA, Australia
Med J Aust 194:68-72. 2011..To determine antibody levels and estimate incidence of infection with pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza in children and pregnant women during the 2009 winter in Western Australia...
- Emerging trends in the seroprevalence of canine leishmaniasis in the Madrid region (central Spain)R Galvez
Servicio de Parasitologia, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Ctra Majadahonda Pozuelo s n, Majadahonda, 28220 Madrid, Spain
Vet Parasitol 169:327-34. 2010..Further studies designed to explain this trend should attempt to correlate sand fly densities and CanL seroprevalences with climate, land use and human changes...
- Seroprevalence and isolation of Toxoplasma gondii from free-range chickens in Ghana, Indonesia, Italy, Poland, and VietnamJ P Dubey
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Animal Parasitic Diseases Laboratory, Building 1001, Beltsville, Maryland 20705 2350, USA
J Parasitol 94:68-71. 2008..This is the first report of genetic characterization of T. gondii isolates from animals from these countries...
- Incidence and case-fatality rates resulting from the 1998 enterovirus 71 outbreak in TaiwanChun Yi Lu
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taiwan
J Med Virol 67:217-23. 2002..The lack of a protective antibody in younger children may account for the high incidence and case-fatality rate in this age group...
- Seroepidemiology of Toxoplasma gondii infection in general population in a northern Mexican cityC Alvarado-Esquivel
Faculty of Medicine, Juárez University of Durango State, Avenida Universidad S N esquina Fanny Anitua, 34000 Durango, Durango, Mexico
J Parasitol 97:40-3. 2011..gondii infection. This study provides a basis for the design of successful preventive measures against T. gondii infection...
- Antibodies to Toxoplasma gondii in stray and household dogs in Guangzhou, ChinaHan Zhang
College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province 510642, People s Republic of China
J Parasitol 96:671-2. 2010..gondii infection in dogs was high in Guangzhou, especially in strays. Therefore, it is essential to implement integrated strategies to prevent and control T. gondii infection in both stray and household dogs...
- Population seroprevalence of human papillomavirus types 6, 11, 16, and 18 in men, women, and children in AustraliaAnthony T Newall
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Infect Dis 46:1647-55. 2008..Seroepidemiology is a valuable tool, although the relationship between HPV infection and seropositivity is incomplete...
- Seroprevalence of human papillomavirus types 6, 11, 16, and 18 in the United States: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2003-2004Lauri E Markowitz
Division of STD Prevention, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 200:1059-67. 2009..Human papillomavirus (HPV) seroprevalence data can help define the epidemiology of this common sexually transmitted pathogen...
- Socioeconomic disparities in the seroprevalence of cytomegalovirus infection in the US population: NHANES IIIJ B Dowd
Department of Epidemiology, Center for Social Epidemiology and Population Health, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Epidemiol Infect 137:58-65. 2009....
- A lower than expected adult Victorian community attack rate for pandemic (H1N1) 2009Nathan Grills
Victorian Public Health Training Scheme, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University corrected
Aust N Z J Public Health 34:228-31. 2010..To determine the community seropositivity of pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza in order to estimate immunity and the community attack rate...
- High prevalence of anti-hepatitis E virus antibodies in blood donors from South West FranceJean Michel Mansuy
Virology Laboratory, Purpan University Hospital, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
J Med Virol 80:289-93. 2008..As the risk factors for HEV infection in industrialized countries are still unknown, further studies are needed to clarify the epidemiology of HEV infection in the Midi-Pyrénées region...
- Serological evidence for the co-circulation of multiple dengue virus serotypes in SingaporeAnnelies Wilder-Smith
Department of Infectious Diseases, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
Epidemiol Infect 133:667-71. 2005..In spite of multiple circulating types, the rate of dengue haemorrhagic fever is low in Singapore...
- Long-term clinical protection from falciparum malaria is strongly associated with IgG3 antibodies to merozoite surface protein 3Christian Roussilhon
Bio medical Parasitology Unit, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
PLoS Med 4:e320. 2007..e., induced by the parasite) to molecules that are considered as valuable vaccine candidates...
- Seroprevalence of hepatitis B and C virus in HIV-1 and HIV-2 infected GambiansModou Jobarteh
Medical Research Council, Fajara, P O Box 273, Banjul, The Gambia
Virol J 7:230. 2010..The prevalence of HIV/hepatitis co-infection in sub-Saharan Africa is not well documented, while both HIV and HBV are endemic in this area...
- Seroprevalence of hepatitis B infection during pregnancy and risk of perinatal transmissionManisha Dwivedi
Department of Gastroenterology, Moti Lal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad, 211 001 India
Indian J Gastroenterol 30:66-71. 2011..To investigate the seroprevalence of hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) in pregnant women and possible risk factors for perinatal hepatitis B virus (HBV) transmission...
- Toxoplasma gondii in Switzerland: a serosurvey based on meat juice analysis of slaughtered pigs, wild boar, sheep and cattleA E Berger-Schoch
Institute of Parasitology, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Zoonoses Public Health 58:472-8. 2011..Conclusively, the results demonstrated a high seroprevalence of T. gondii in animals slaughtered for meat production and revealed that increasing age of the animals is a more important risk factor than housing conditions in Switzerland...
- Hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus seroprevalence in rural areas of the southwestern region of TurkeyFusun Zeynep Akcam
Department of Infectious Disease and Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Int J Infect Dis 13:274-84. 2009..Few studies have been conducted in the field in rural and urban areas of Turkey. The aim of this study was to determine the seroprevalence of HBV and HCV and to investigate the association with risk factors...
- Serological study of selected vector-borne diseases in shelter dogs in central Spain using point-of-care assaysC Guillermo Couto
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Veterinary Teaching Hospital, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 10:885-8. 2010..The prevalence of Aph was the highest and is in agreement with a recent report in a dog shelter in northwestern Spain. These point-of-care assays may be more valuable as epidemiologic than as clinical tools...
- Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii infection in slaughtered pigs and cattle in Liaoning Province, northeastern ChinaXianjun Liu
College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Shenyang Agricultural University, 120 Dongling Road, Shenyang 110866, People s Republic of China
J Parasitol 98:440-1. 2012..05). The results of the present study indicate that infection with T. gondii in pigs and cattle is widely spread in China including Liaoning Province, northeastern China, and is, therefore, of public health concern...
- Longitudinal serological and virological study on porcine torovirus (PToV) in piglets from Spanish farmsJ Pignatelli
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, CSIC, C Darwin 3, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Vet Microbiol 146:260-8. 2010..Sequencing results indicated that more than one PToV strains were circulating in the studied farms. Present data suggest that PToV was endemic on the studied farms, and provide new insights on the epidemiology of PToV...
- Anatomy of bluetongue virus serotype 8 epizootic wave, France, 2007-2008Benoit Durand
Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Aliment, Maisons Alfort, France
Emerg Infect Dis 16:1861-8. 2010....
- Current status of liver diseases in Korea: hepatitis BHee Bok Chae
Department of Internal Medicine, Chungbuk National Unviersity College of Medicine, Cheongju, Korea
Korean J Hepatol 15:S13-24. 2009..Further studies are warranted for understanding factors influencing natural history, improving treatment outcomes, and overcoming vaccine non-response...
- Seroepidemiology of leptospirosis in livestock in TrinidadSharianne M Suepaul
School of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, Trinidad, West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago
Trop Anim Health Prod 43:367-75. 2011..It is imperative that the impact of leptospirosis on abortion, stillbirths, and decreased milk production in livestock in the country be assessed...
- The increasing prevalence of serologic markers for syphilis among Chinese blood donors in 2008 through 2010 during a syphilis epidemicJing Liu
Westat, Inc, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Transfusion 52:1741-9. 2012..This study evaluated the prevalence and incidence of serologic markers for syphilis among donors at five Chinese blood centers...
- Epizootic spread of Schmallenberg virus among wild cervids, Belgium, Fall 2011Annick Linden
University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Emerg Infect Dis 18:2006-8. 2012..Findings indicated rapid spread among these deer since virus emergence ≈250 km away...
- Chikungunya virus in North-Eastern Italy: a seroprevalence surveyMaria Luisa Moro
Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica, Universita degli Studi di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:508-11. 2010..This study provides basic parameters for modeling the transmission potential of outbreaks and planning control measures for Chikungunya infection in temperate settings...
- Seroprevalence of HIV, HBV, HCV and syphilis infections among blood donors at Gondar University Teaching Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia: declining trends over a period of five yearsBelay Tessema
Department of Medical Laboratory Technology, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Gondar, Gondar, Ethiopia
BMC Infect Dis 10:111. 2010..This study aimed to determine the seroprevalence, risk factors and trends of HIV, HBV, HCV and syphilis infections among blood donors over a period of five years at Gondar University Teaching Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia...
- Toxoplasma gondii infection in pregnant women in ChinaX J Gao
Center for Parasitic Organisms, State Key Laboratory of Biocontrol, School of Life Sciences, Key Laboratory for Tropical Diseases Control of the Ministry of Education, Zhongshan Medical College, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510275, China
Parasitology 139:139-47. 2012....
- Seroepidemiological survey for Toxocara canis infection in the northwestern part of TurkeyNihal Dogan
Osmangazi Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Cocuk Sagligi ve Hastaliklari Anabilim Dali, Izmir, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 31:288-91. 2007..05). Based on these results, however total seroprevalence rate is lower than other countries, we have proposed that public health programs especially for children, may be effective for protecting from Toxocara infection...
- Serological evidence of continuing high Usutu virus (Flaviviridae) activity and establishment of herd immunity in wild birds in AustriaTanja Meister
Institute of Pathology and Forensic Veterinary Medicine, Department of Pathobiology, University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, Austria
Vet Microbiol 127:237-48. 2008..Herd immunity is a possible explanation for the significant decrease in USUV-associated bird mortalities in Austria during the recent years...
- Seroprevalence of pandemic influenza H1N1 in Ontario from January 2009-May 2010Camille Achonu
Department of Surveillance and Epidemiology, Public Health Ontario, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e26427. 2011....
- Prenatal Factors and Risk of Schizophrenia in a Finnish National Birth CohortALAN STEWART BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Moreover, the research described in this proposal has future potential for the identification of susceptibility genes that interact with the prenatal exposures and other developmental antecedents in the etiology of schizophrenia. ..
- EBV Entry and Spread in the Oral CavityLindsey M Hutt-Fletcher; Fiscal Year: 2013..The role that EBV plays in tumorigenesis is complex, but seroepidemiologic studies suggest that the disturbance of the normal equilibrium and an increase in virus load precedes the ..
- ESTABLISHMENT OF A REPLICATION SYSTEM FOR WU POLYOMAVIRUSDavid Wang; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Seroepidemiologic studies have determined that ~90% of adults in the general population have anti-WUV antibodies and thus the vast ..
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY AND ECOLOGY OF OROPOUCHE VIRUSAlan Barrett; Fiscal Year: 2000..b>Seroepidemiologic studies in Brazil indicate that the prevalence of anti-ORO virus antibodies is 0-2 percent in areas where ..
- AZITHROMYCIN AND CORONARY ARTERY DISEASEJ Grayston; Fiscal Year: 2003..This evidence stems from the results of seroepidemiologic studies, indicating an association between C...
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF PRENATAL EXPOSURES IN SCHIZOPHRENIAAlan Brown; Fiscal Year: 2000..23 infectious diseases in Holland, which seeks to identify candidate viruses that will be tested in the seroepidemiologic studies; and 3) an unprecedented seroepidemiologic investigation of prenatal exposure to influenza, measles, and ..
- Sialic Acid O-Acetylation in GBS Pathogenesis & ImmunityVictor Nizet; Fiscal Year: 2010..Companion analyses will be performed on GBS isolates and human sera from recent prospective seroepidemiologic studies.
- Under the Skin: Understanding the Role of Stress and Immune Function in Health DiJENNIFER DOWD; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test whether these immune and infection markers are related to psychosocial and economic stressors and whether they mediate the relationship between SES and health outcomes including mortality. ..
- Genotypic and Phenotypic Analysis of West Nile virus, Yucatan Peninsula of MexicoBradley Blitvich; Fiscal Year: 2008..This information will help determine why there has not been an epidemic of WNV in the YP, and will identify risk factors associated with WNV disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Population-based Surveillance for Zoonotic Influenza AGregory Gray; Fiscal Year: 2005..We are particularly well suited to conduct this work as we have extensive experience conducting both epidemiological and laboratory-based studies of respiratory pathogens. ..
- Human Metapneumovirus in High Risk PopulationsGregory Gray; Fiscal Year: 2005..These data will facilitate the development of more comprehensive epidemiological studies, and guide future intervention studies in reducing HMPV morbidity. ..
- Risk of Blood Borne Transmission of CJDShimian Zou; Fiscal Year: 2008..Publishanddisseminateresultsof thestudy. ..
- Primate enteroviruses transmission in BangladeshLisa Jones Engel; Fiscal Year: 2007..Ultimately, this data will provide insight into the potential emergence of NHP-borne pathogens and help to deter the spread of emerging zoonotic threats. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HOST COMPETENCE FACTORS AFFECT ARBOVIRUS TRANSMISSIONWilliam Reisen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Studies will assess how alternating sequential infections between vertebrate and vector species that are part of the natural transmission cycle may alter virus genetics and fitness. ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL INSULT AND BRAIN ANOMALY IN SCHIZOPHRENIAAlan Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- co-Trimoxazole in Zambian Infants (TZI)CHRISTOPHER GILL; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Prenatal factors and risk of autism in a Finnish national birth cohortALAN STEWART BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ARBOVIRUS PERSISTENCE IN SEASONAL WETLANDSWilliam Reisen; Fiscal Year: 2002..Virus ecology at wetlands in the Coachella Valley of southeastern California with consistent enzootic activity will be compared with wetlands in the southern San Joaquin Valley where virus activity currently is intermittent. ..
- Microarray Analysis of Leptospiral GenomesJoseph Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Planning Grant for a Study of the Effect of Radiation o*Camille Ragin; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Cell mediated Immunity to HCV in HIV+ PersonsArthur Kim; Fiscal Year: 2007..This plan will be implemented under the supervision of Dr. Bruce Walker, and will involve bench research, data analysis, and didactic learning. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epidemiology of Arboviral Encephalomyelitis in HoustonKristy Murray; Fiscal Year: 2007..Her time will be directed toward completion of the specific aims of this proposal and her PhD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Afro-Caribbean Consortium on viral and environmental risk factors for cancerCamille Ragin; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have already had commitments from several investigators who are interested in participating in this Consortium. In total we estimate approximately 60-100 attendees. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- International Leptospirosis Society Meeting 2007Joseph Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] Outcome of the meeting will be assessed by peer-reviewed publication and trainee publication and[unreadable] career advancement. ..
- National Surveillance for Emerging Adenovirus InfectionsGregory Gray; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will guide the development and use of rapid diagnostic tests and type-specific adenovirus vaccines among US populations at high risk of adenoviral disease. ..
- Case-Control Study of Adenoma in Sao Paulo JapaneseLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RA Comorbidity Bone Health in Men and African AmericansTed Mikuls; Fiscal Year: 2008..Mikuls' continued development as an independent clinical investigator. ..
- Symposium on the Landscape Ecology of Infectious DiseaseMICHAEL WIMBERLY; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Synergism Between Influenza Virus and PneumococcusJonathan McCullers; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Maternal Obesity, Fetal Genomics, and Atherosclerotic Metabolic RiskDavid Siscovick; Fiscal Year: 2009..The long-term goals of the proposed study are to identify potential mechanistic targets for interventions to prevent the consequences of MO on the intra-uterine environment and adult AMR. ..
- Hawaii Colorectal Cancer Family RegistryLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also propose a CFR pilot study exploring the feasibility of assessing assorted mating as evidence for population stratification. ..
- Rare Antigens in Neonatal Alloimmune ThrombocytopeniaJulie Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2006..4. Generate soluble recombinant platelet glycoproteins carrying "rare" platelet alloantigens to provide a tool for rapid detection and identification of antibodies in mothers who are immunized against these antigens ..
- Diet, Genetic Susceptibility and Colorectal NeoplasiaLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2006..Genotyping for random markers will permit to exclude residual confounding by ethnicity. ..
- THE ROLE OF MYCOBACTERIA IN CROHN'S DISEASEDavid Graham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study should either confirm or refute the proposed etiologic association of M. paratuberculosis and Crohn's disease as well as the identification of patients with Crohn's disease and M. paratuberculosis. ..
- Effect of Male Circumcision on Penile HPV InfectionJENNIFER SUSAN SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..If male circumcision is found to be effective and safe in reducing HPV infection or penile lesions in men, it could in turn reduce HPV prevalence and associated cervical neoplasia in women. ..
- GENES, DIET AND CARCINOGEN ACTIVATION IN SMOKERSLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2004..The elucidation of the main enzymes responsible for carcinogen activation and of the impact of dietary factors on these enzymes would have important implications for cancer prevention. ..
- The Role of Pesticide Dispersion Within Texas Watershed*James Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is anticipated that the results produced will provide the preliminary data needed to continue definitive investigations under the auspices of subsequent R01 funding. ..
- Influenza-pneumococcal synergism: role of neuraminidaseJonathan McCullers; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Readiness for Implementation of Research to PracticeYih Ing Hser; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- 2nd Orthomyxoviruses Research ConferenceJonathan McCullers; Fiscal Year: 2003..The purpose of this proposal is to provide funds that will allow promising young investigators to interact with their peers and develop a commitment to this area of research. ..
- DRUG ABUSE: EPIDEMIOLOGY, TREATMENT PROCESS, & OUTCOMESYih Ing Hser; Fiscal Year: 2003..The applicant also expects to grow professionally as Associate Director of the UCLA Drug Abuse Research Center. ..
- EXCITOTOXICITY IN THE HIPPOCAMPUS AFTER VIRAL INFECTIONBradley Pearce; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies aim to provide clues to the mechanisms by which an early viral infection could be involved in certain neurodevelopmental disorders. ..
- MOLECULAR TARGETS OF BLOCKING MALARIA TRANSMISSIONJoseph Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- DNA Methylation as an Epigenetic Host Factor in HIV/AIDSJianming Tang; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- 3rd Orthomyxoviruses Research ConferenceJonathan McCullers; Fiscal Year: 2005..The purpose of this proposal is to provide funds that will allow promising young investigators to interact with their peers and develop a commitment to this area of research. ..
- Leptospirosis Transmission in the Peruvian AmazonJoseph Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Molecular Epidemiology of N. gonorrhoeaeRaphael Viscidi; Fiscal Year: 2006..gonorrhea in the core. The third aim is to determine whether gender, age, or disseminated versus local infection influences the population genetic structure of N. gonorrhea. ..
- Retroviral Co-Infections: HIV, HTLV and Drug AbuseMark Beilke; Fiscal Year: 2006..The ultimate goal of this project is to define the dynamics of HIV/HTLV co-infections as a necessary step in disease staging and devising appropriate treatments. ..
- TRAINING GRANT IN DERMATOLOGICAL RESEARCHLuis Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2006..This competitive grant application requests funding to support the training at the UNC Dermatology Department of the next generation of dermatological investigators. ..
- Randomized trial of HIV / STD prevention in Zimbabwean youthFrances Cowan; Fiscal Year: 2006..The most valid method will then be used in the final outcomes survey for the parent trial. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treatment System Impact & Outcomes of Proposition 36Yih Ing Hser; Fiscal Year: 2006..The project will produce recommendations to improve treatment strategies and inform future policy and practice at the national, state, and local levels. ..
- Genetics of Innate Immunity in Human Leptospirosis in BrazilJoseph Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Long-term Follow-up Study of Drug-Dependent Mothers and ChildrenYih Ing Hser; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study will also lay the foundation for future in-depth investigation of the children of these mothers with histories of substance abuse. ..
- MOLECULAR TARGETS OF BLOCKING MALARIA TRANSMISSIONJoseph M Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2010..falciparum chitinase, PfCHTI, and provide the scientific basis for developing novel potential approaches to interrupting malaria transmission at the vertebrate host-mosquito vector interface. ..
- Immune Dysregulation in HITGowthami M Arepally; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is expected that these studies will lead to insights into strategies that prevent or modulate immune complications from this life-threatening thrombotic disorder. ..
- A 12 YEAR FOLLOW UP OF A COCAINE DEPENDENT SAMPLEYih Ing Hser; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Polyunsaturated fats & risk of primary cardiac arrestDavid Siscovick; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed research provides a unique opportunity to examine more fully the role of dietary intake of n-3 PUFAs, particularly ALA, in efforts to reduce PCA, a major component of coronary heart disease mortality in the community. ..
- The TGFbeta Pathway, Gene Variants and Colorectal Neopl*Loic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Cytokine-HPA Interactions During PregnanacyBradley Pearce; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, this study opens a new potential direction for therapeutics aimed at depression and obstetric complications. ..
- The Joint Risks of Hazadous Air Pollulants Among Childhood Cancer HistotypesJames Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will identify the areas of high risk and the associated HAPs exposures, information essential to elucidate the role of HAPs and to guide further study. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Reducing HIV/AIDS and Drug Abuse: Linking Compulsory Rehabilitation to Methadone Yih Ing Hser; Fiscal Year: 2008..If proven effective, the program can be widely applied in China and in other parts of the world to reduce heroin use and related HIV risk behaviors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANTIBODIES TO HPV CAPSID PROTEINS AS IMMUNITY CORRELATESRaphael Viscidi; Fiscal Year: 2001..of incident HPV infection and/or disease? (6) In HIV seropositive women, is the extent of immunodeficiency, as measured by CD4+ cell counts, inversely correlated with the degree of protection provided by pre-existing anti-VLP antibodies? ..
- Methamphetamine Use and HIV Risk in HomosexualsMichael Clatts; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Risks for HIV and STIs among Moscow Sex WorkersChris Beyrer; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- PS06-003, Opt-out HIV Testing in Emergency Dept settingsJason Haukoos; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..