- Development of nitrosyl ruthenium complex-loaded lipid carriers for topical administration: improvement in skin stability and in nitric oxide release by visible light irradiation
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences of Ribeirão Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Av do Cafe S N, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
J Pharm Biomed Anal 53:843-51. 2010
..In this context, NRC-loaded lipid carriers were developed and characterized to further explore its topical administration for applications such as skin cancer treatment...
- Liquid versus gel handrub formulation: a prospective intervention study
Infection Control Programme, University of Geneva Hospitals, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Crit Care 11:R52. 2007
..Alcohol-based handrub is the new standard for hand hygiene action worldwide and usually requires a system change for its successful introduction in routine care. Product acceptability by HCWs is a crucial step in this process...
- Effects of topical administration of 12-methyl tetradecanoic acid (12-MTA) on the development of corneal angiogenesis
Institute for Eye Research, Level 4, Rupert Myers Building, Gate 14, Barker Street, Kensington, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Angiogenesis 10:47-54. 2007
..Our studies indicate that 12-MTA may provide clinically significant advantages over conventional steroids for the treatment of vessel growth in the cornea...
- Topical administration of nepafenac inhibits diabetes-induced retinal microvascular disease and underlying abnormalities of retinal metabolism and physiology
Timothy S Kern
Medicine and Ophthalmology, 434 Biomedical Research Building, Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Diabetes 56:373-9. 2007
..Local inhibition of inflammatory pathways in the eye offers a novel therapeutic approach toward inhibiting the development of lesions of diabetic retinopathy...
- Dermatopharmacokinetic prediction of topical drug bioavailability in vivo
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Invest Dermatol 127:887-94. 2007
..Prediction and experiment agreed satisfactorily suggesting that objective and quantitative information, with which to characterize topical drug bioavailability, can be obtained from this approach...
- Topical ocular delivery of NSAIDs
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, Hisar, 125 001, Haryana, India
AAPS J 10:229-41. 2008
..Recent studies showed that the use of colloidal nanoparticle formulations and the potent COX 2 inhibitor bromfenac may enhance NSAID efficacy in eye preparations...
- Equivalence study of a topical diclofenac solution (pennsaid) compared with oral diclofenac in symptomatic treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized controlled trial
Peter S Tugwell
Centre for Global Health, Institute of Population Health, Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 31:2002-12. 2004
..To compare the safety and efficacy of a topical diclofenac solution versus oral diclofenac in relieving the symptoms of primary osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee, in a randomized, double-blind, double-dummy equivalence trial...
- Efficacy and safety of a topical diclofenac solution (pennsaid) in the treatment of primary osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled clinical trial
Sanford H Roth
Arizona Research and Education, Phoenix, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:2017-23. 2004
..A new topical diclofenac sodium solution-containing the absorption enhancer dimethyl sulfoxide-was evaluated for the relief of the symptoms of primary OA of the knee...
- Distribution of cyclosporin A in ocular tissues after topical administration to albino rabbits and beagle dogs
A A Acheampong
Allergan, Irvine, CA 92715, USA
Curr Eye Res 18:91-103. 1999
..To determine the ocular pharmacokinetics of cyclosporin A after topical ophthalmic administration...
- Penetration profile of microspheres in follicular targeting of terminal hair follicles
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Centre of Experimental and Applied Cutaneous Physiology, Medical School of the Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 123:168-76. 2004
..Thus, the basis for follicular targeting of essential structures containing stem cells for keratinocytes, melanocytes, and mast cells has been laid...
- Sustained ocular delivery of tilisolol to rabbits after topical administration or intravitreal injection of lipophilic prodrug incorporated in liposomes
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagasaki University, Japan
J Pharm Pharmacol 53:1157-61. 2001
..O-Palmitoyl tilisolol was completely incorporated in the liposomes. After topical administration of O-palmitoyl tilisolol liposomes to the rabbit eye, O-palmitoyl tilisolol rapidly disappeared from the ..
- Lecithin microemulsions for the topical administration of ketoprofen: percutaneous adsorption through human skin and in vivo human skin tolerability
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Catania, Viale Andrea Doria 6, I 95125 Catania, Italy
Int J Pharm 244:21-31. 2002
..The human skin tolerability of various microemulsion formulations was evaluated on human volunteers. Microemulsions showed a good human skin tolerability...
- Effect of a topical diclofenac solution for relieving symptoms of primary osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized controlled trial
Arthur A M Bookman
Dimethaid Health Care Ltd, 1405 Denison Street, Markham, Ontario L3R 5V2, Canada
CMAJ 171:333-8. 2004
..The objective of this trial was to assess the safety and efficacy of a topical diclofenac solution in relieving the symptoms of primary osteoarthritis of the knee...
- Influence of combined intravenous and topical antibiotic prophylaxis on the incidence of infections, organ dysfunctions, and mortality in critically ill surgical patients: a prospective, stratified, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical tr
Wolfgang A Krueger
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Tubingen University Hospital, Tubingen
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:1029-37. 2002
..496-1.046). Surveillance cultures from tracheobronchial, oropharyngeal, and gastric secretions and from rectal swabs did not show any evidence for the selection of resistant microorganisms in the patients receiving prophylaxis...
- Solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN) and nanostructured lipid carriers (NLC) in cosmetic and dermatological preparations
R H Muller
PharmaSol GmbH, Blohmstrasse 66a, 12307, Berlin, Germany
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 54:S131-55. 2002
..Production issues also include clinical batch production, large scale production and regulatory aspects (e. g. status of excipients or proof of physical stability)...
- Fluconazole distribution in rat dermis following intravenous and topical application: a microdialysis study
François Xavier Mathy
Unite de Pharmacie Galenique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Av E Mounier 73, UCL 73 20, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Pharm Sci 94:770-80. 2005
..v.) and topical administration in the awake freely moving rat. Following i.v...
- Screening for new antioxidative compounds for topical administration using skin lipid model systems
Institute of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Wolfgang Langenbeck Strasse 4, D 06120 Halle Saale, Germany
J Pharm Pharm Sci 8:494-506. 2005
..The effects of forty seven different substances (drugs, plant extracts, plant ingredients and polysaccharides) on UV irradiation induced lipid peroxidation were investigated...
- Topical administration of HSV gD-IL-2 DNA is highly protective against murine herpetic stromal keratitis
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Cornea 21:106-10. 2002
..To evaluate the immunopreventive effect of eyedrops that contain gD-IL-2 DNA (a chimeric gene of the glycoprotein D gene of herpes simplex virus type I (HSV-1) and human interleukin-2 (IL-2) on murine herpetic keratitis...
- Pharmacokinetics of timolol in aqueous humor sampled by microdialysis after topical administration of thermosetting gels
School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, People s Republic of China
Biomed Chromatogr 20:67-71. 2006
..the ocular pharmacokinetics of timolol was studied utilizing microdialysis sampling technique after topical administration. A linear microdialysis probe was characterized and implanted in the anterior chamber of a rabbit...
- Topical NSAIDs for chronic musculoskeletal pain: systematic review and meta-analysis
Pain Research and Nuffield Department of Anaesthetics, University of Oxford, Oxford Radcliffe Hospital, The Churchill, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 5:28. 2004
..More trials, a better understanding of trial quality and bias, and a reclassification of certain drugs necessitate a new review...
- Does aqueous or sucralfate cream affect the severity of erythematous radiation skin reactions? A randomised controlled trial
School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Dundee, 11 Airlie Place, Dundee DD1 4HJ, UK
Radiother Oncol 73:153-62. 2004
..This paper presents the results of phase A...
- Topical administration of simvastatin recovers alveolar bone loss in rats
Department of Periodontology and Endodontology, Oral and Maxillofacial Dentistry, Division of Medico Dental Dynamics and Reconstruction, Institute of Health Biosciences, University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
J Periodontal Res 43:261-7. 2008
..Simvastatin, a cholesterol-lowering drug, has been reported to show anabolic effects on bone metabolism. We examined the effects of simvastatin in vitro using cultured rat calvaria cells and in vivo using periodontitis-induced rats...
- Pharmacokinetics of selamectin following intravenous, oral and topical administration in cats and dogs
Veterinary Medicine Clinical Development, Pfizer Animal Health Group, Pfizer Ltd, Sandwich, Kent, UK
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 25:265-72. 2002
..18 +/- 0.31 mL/min/kg and 1.24 +/- 0.26 L/kg, respectively, in dogs. After topical administration, the mean C(max) in cats was 5513 +/- 2173 ng/mL reached at a time (T(max)) of 15 +/- 12 h ..
- Skin benefits from continuous topical administration of a zinc oxide/petrolatum formulation by a novel disposable diaper
Procter and Gamble Co, Cincinnati, OH 45242, USA
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 15:5-11. 2001
..Aiming to help reduce the prevalence of this problem, we have advanced in our development of a novel diaper that delivers dermatological formulations to help protect the skin from over-hydration and irritation...
- Topical administration of diclofenac (1%) in the prevention of miosis during vitrectomy
Department of Ophthalmology, Tehran University of Medical Sciences Eye Research Center, Tehran, Iran
Retina 28:1215-20. 2008
..A prospective, randomized clinical trial was conducted to assess the usefulness of preoperative diclofenac eye drops in maintaining mydriasis during vitrectomy and in reducing postoperative inflammation...
- Antiinflammatory and analgesic activity of topical administration of Siegesbeckia pubescens
Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, People s Republic of China
Pak J Pharm Sci 21:89-91. 2008
..The results of the present study further confirm the use of Siegesbeckia pubescens traditionally for the treatment of painful inflammatory conditions and can be useful for the treatment of local inflammation...
- Pharmacokinetics and posterior segment biodistribution of ESBA105, an anti-TNF-alpha single-chain antibody, upon topical administration to the rabbit eye
ESBATech AG, Schlieren, Switzerland
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:771-8. 2009
The purpose of this study was to characterize local distribution and systemic absorption of the tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha inhibitory single-chain antibody fragment (scFv) ESBA105 following topical administration to the eye in vivo.
- Topical pimecrolimus for skin disease other than atopic dermatitis
Department of Dermatology, Academic Teaching Hospital Dresden Friedrichstadt, Germany
Expert Opin Pharmacother 7:1967-75. 2006
- Rate and extent of percutaneous absorption of sertaconazole nitrate after topical administration
Trommsdorff GmbH and Co Arzneimittel, Research and Development, Alsdorf, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 55:338-42. 2005
- The effect of the topical administration of bioactive glass on inflammatory markers of human experimental gingivitis
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Arnold Heller Str 16, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Biomaterials 26:1545-51. 2005
..The topical application of 45S5 bioactive glass in humans with experimental gingivitis attenuated the clinical signs of inflammation, although the bacterial accumulation was not inhibited in this clinical trial...
- Comparison of skin stripping, in vitro release, and skin blanching response methods to measure dose response and similarity of triamcinolone acetonide cream strengths from two manufactured sources
Lynn K Pershing
Department of Dermatology, University of Utah School of Medicine, 4B454 SOM, 30 N 1900 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Pharm Sci 91:1312-23. 2002
..Data support the use of dermatopharmacokinetic methods for bioequivalence and bioavailability assessment of topical drug products...
- Treatment of early pterygium recurrence with topical administration of interferon alpha-2b
LSU Eye and Neuroscience Center, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans 70112, USA
Can J Ophthalmol 40:185-7. 2005
- Topical latanoprost and optic nerve head and retinal circulation in humans
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Japan
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 17:403-11. 2001
..Although the mechanism of the increase is unclear, the effects of latanoprost on ONH tissue circulation in humans may have clinical implications...
- Inhibition of immune-complex mediated dermal inflammation in rats following either oral or topical administration of a small molecule C5a receptor antagonist
A J Strachan
School of Biomedical Sciences, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Queensland 4072, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 134:1778-86. 2001
..5. This is the first demonstration for either an orally or topically active C5a receptor antagonist, and suggests that small molecule C5a antagonists may have therapeutic utility when given by multiple routes of application...
- Effect of barrier perturbation on cutaneous salicylic acid penetration in human skin: in vivo pharmacokinetics using microdialysis and non-invasive quantification of barrier function
Department of Dermatology, University of Copenhagen, Gentofte Hospital, Niels Andersensvej 65, DK 2900 Hellerup, Denmark
Br J Dermatol 140:739-48. 1999
..The measured drug penetration was demonstrated to correlate with non-invasive quantification of barrier damage...
- Dermal absorption of permethrin following topical administration
Department of Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:399-404. 2005
..The objective of this study was to determine the systemic exposure of permethrin and the duration of residence in the human body following topical administration.
- Influence of n-octenylsuccinate starch on in vitro permeation of sodium diclofenac across excised porcine cornea in comparison to Voltaren ophtha
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Technologie, Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Braunschweig, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 56:73-9. 2003
..None of the tested AS formulations showed significantly high haemolytic data. On the other hand the high in vitro haemolysis obtained with VO is primarily based on an osmotic effect caused by boric acid...
- Superficial photodynamic therapy with topical 5-aminolaevulinic acid for superficial primary and secondary skin cancer
Academic Unit of Radiotherapy, Cookridge Hospital, Leeds, UK
Br J Cancer 69:605-8. 1994
..Further work is required to improve the results with BCCs...
- Sucralfate cream in the management of moist desquamation during radiotherapy
Department of Radiation Oncology, Liverpool Hospital, New South Wales, Australia
Australas Radiol 41:270-5. 1997
..Given the poor accrual in the present, single-institution study, future studies may need to be multi-institutional and we encourage other centres to perform randomized trials in the management of moist desquamation...
- Immunomodulatory therapy in ophthalmology - is there a place for topical application?
Augenklinik Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Deutschland
Ophthalmologica 218:359-67. 2004
..Taken together, topical immunomodulatory therapy will not replace systemic therapy but further treatment options can be expected...
- Intraocular pressure-lowering effects and safety of topical administration of a selective ROCK inhibitor, SNJ-1656, in healthy volunteers
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Kumamoto University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto, Japan
Arch Ophthalmol 126:309-15. 2008
To investigate the effects and safety of topical administration of an ophthalmic solution of a selective Rho-associated coiled coil-forming protein kinase (ROCK) inhibitor, SNJ-1656, 0.003% to 0.1%, in healthy male adult volunteers.
- An open trial of topical tacrolimus for erosive oral lichen planus
Department of Dermatology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland 97201, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 47:617-20. 2002
..1%. This medication was well tolerated and appears to be effective in controlling erosive oral lichen planus...
- Myocardial ischemia induced by topical use of 5-fluorouracil
Department of Cardiology, Hadassah University Hospital, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel
Int J Cardiol 49:282-3. 1995
..Prophylactic therapy with nitroglycerin patch enabled further use of the 5-fluorouracil cream for the next month...
- Topical tacrolimus (FK506) in the treatment of recalcitrant parastomal pyoderma gangrenosum associated with Crohn's disease: report of two cases
M Khurrum Baig
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida 33331, USA
Colorectal Dis 6:250-3. 2004
..The commonest site is the skin, but sometimes it can occur in the parastomal region. Most of these cases respond to treatment with systemic corticosteroids and cyclosporin or local Kenalog injections...
- Topically applied vitamin C enhances the mRNA level of collagens I and III, their processing enzymes and tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase 1 in the human dermis
B V Nusgens
Laboratory of Connective Tissues Biology, Tour de Pathologie, University of Liege, Sart Tilman, Belgium
J Invest Dermatol 116:853-9. 2001
..The results indicate that the functional activity of the dermal cells is not maximal in postmenopausal women and can be increased...
- Effects of topical administration of clodronate on alveolar bone resorption in rats with experimental periodontitis
Department of Oral Rehabilitation and Materials Science, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
J Periodontol 73:479-86. 2002
We examined whether topical administration of a bisphosphonate clodronate could prevent alveolar bone loss in rats with experimental periodontitis.
- Topical treatment of acute adenoviral keratoconjunctivitis with 0.2% cidofovir and 1% cyclosporine: a controlled clinical pilot study
The Eye Hospital, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Arch Ophthalmol 119:1487-91. 2001
..To evaluate the efficacy of 0.2% cidofovir eyedrops and 1% cyclosporine eyedrops administered 4 times daily (qid) to treat acute adenoviral keratoconjunctivitis...
- Keratitis, ulceration, and perforation associated with topical nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
A C Guidera
Department of Ophthalmology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York, NY, USA
Ophthalmology 108:936-44. 2001
..Potential risk factors include conditions that predispose the patient to corneal melting, concurrent topical steroids, and epithelial keratopathy in the early postoperative period...
- Medical therapies for non-melanoma skin cancer
Solano Clinical Research, Solano Dermatology Associates, Vallejo, California, USA
Clin Dermatol 22:183-8. 2004
..This preliminary information will expand to include more therapeutic options for NMSC in the future. Further clinical trials are needed to better elucidate possible alternative treatment strategies for NMSC...
- EMLA cream versus dorsal penile nerve block for postcircumcision analgesia in children
W Y Choi
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital, Chai Wan, Hong Kong
Anesth Analg 96:396-9, table of contents. 2003
..We conclude that preoperative application of EMLA cream is an effective and simple method to produce postcircumcision analgesia with a very small incidence of adverse effects...
- A case of necrotizing fasciitis due to Streptococcus pneumoniae following topical administration of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Mona Ben M'rad
Clin Infect Dis 35:775-6. 2002
- Lipid nanoparticles for improved topical application of drugs for skin diseases
Institut fur Pharmazie, Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, der Freien Universität Berlin, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:427-43. 2007
..A special focus is upon the interactions of active ingredients and the lipid matrix as well as the quantification of dermal penetration...
- Liposome coated with low molecular weight chitosan and its potential use in ocular drug delivery
School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, PR China
Int J Pharm 379:131-8. 2009
..In conclusion, the LCH coating significantly modified the properties of liposome and brought a series of notable advantages for ocular drug delivery...
- Antioxidant status modifications by topical administration of dorzolamide in primary open-angle glaucoma
Ophthalmologic Research Unit Santiago Grisolia, Dr Peset University Hospital, Valencia Spain
Eur J Ophthalmol 19:565-71. 2009
This study deals with the role of the topical administration of dorzolamide eyedrops on the oxidative/antioxidant status of aqueous humor in patients with primary open angle glaucoma (POAG).
- Pharmacokinetic analysis of capsaicin after topical administration of a high-concentration capsaicin patch to patients with peripheral neuropathic pain
NeurogesX, Inc, San Mateo, California 94404, USA
Ther Drug Monit 31:502-10. 2009
..The low systemic exposure and very rapid elimination half-life of capsaicin after NGX-4010 administration are unlikely to result in systemic effects and support the overall safety profile of this investigational cutaneous patch...
- Nanostructured lipid carriers (NLC) in cosmetic dermal products
R H Muller
Freie Universitat Berlin, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Biopharmaceutics and NutriCosmetics, Kelchstrasse 31, 12169 Berlin, Germany
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:522-30. 2007
..An overview of these products is provided including their special effects due to the lipid nanoparticles, lipids used for their production and incorporated cosmetic actives...
- Tear concentrations of azithromycin following topical administration of a single dose of azithromycin 0.5%, 1.0%, and 1.5% eyedrops (T1225) in healthy volunteers
Centre de Pharmacologie Clinique, Bâtiment du Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine, Clermont Ferrand, France
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:13-20. 2008
..To evaluate azithromycin tear concentrations after one drop of T1225 0.5%, 1.0%, and 1.5% eyedrops...
- Concentrations of mitomycin C in rabbit corneal tissue and aqueous humor after topical administration
Jong Suk Song
Department of Ophthalmology, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Cornea 25:S20-3. 2006
To study the aqueous and corneal pharmacokinetics of mitomycin C (MMC) after single topical administration to the central cornea and to evaluate the effects of different concentrations and different application times on the aqueous ..
- Microemulsions for topical delivery of 8-methoxsalen
Department of Farmacia y Tecnologia Farmaceutica, School of Pharmacy, University of Santiago de Compostela, 15706 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Control Release 69:209-18. 2000
..In order to develop alternative formulations for the topical administration of 8-MOP, microemulsions were evaluated as delivery vehicles...
- Potentiation of tumor formation by topical administration of 15-deoxy-delta12,14-prostaglandin J2 in a model of skin carcinogenesis
Instituto de Bioquimica, CSIC UCM, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Carcinogenesis 27:328-36. 2006
..These effects mediated by 15dPGJ2 might contribute to understand the role of COX-2 metabolites in carcinogenesis, leading to an increase of cell viability after mutagenic injury and therefore in the progression of tumors...
- Effectiveness of topical administration of opioids in palliative care: a systematic review
Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Frimley, Surrey, United Kingdom
J Pain Symptom Manage 37:913-7. 2009
..N-of-1 trials should be encouraged for specific clinical circumstances...
- Effects of systemic or topical administration of sodium selenite on early radiation effects in mouse oral mucosa
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiooncology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 183:36-42. 2007
To quantify the effect of sodium selenite (selenium) on radiation-induced oral mucositis (mouse) after subcutaneous or topical administration.
- Topical administration of Caroverine in somatic tinnitus treatment: proof-of-concept study
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Int Tinnitus J 11:34-7. 2005
..These results encouraged us to design consequential GCP-conform phase 2 and phase 3 studies...
- Effect of topical tranexamic acid in open heart surgery
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cairo University, Kasr El Ainy Faculty of Medicine, Cairo, Egypt
Eur J Anaesthesiol 23:380-4. 2006
..We have evaluated the effect of the topical use of tranexamic acid in the pericardial cavity on postoperative bleeding following open heart surgery...
- Intraocular penetration of pyruvate following its topical administration in mice
K R Hegde
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 338:87-90. 2010
..However, with the view of the desirability of treating eye diseases by topical administration of the pharmacological agents, the present studies were conducted to determine the penetrability of ..
- Influence of topical administration of n-3 and n-6 essential and n-9 nonessential fatty acids on the healing of cutaneous wounds
Cristina Ribeiro Barros Cardoso
Laboratory of Immunology, Universidade Federal de Uberlandia, Brazil
Wound Repair Regen 12:235-43. 2004
..Thus, our results suggest a relevant role and potential therapeutic implication for fatty acids on skin wound healing...
- Lipid nanoparticles for skin penetration enhancement-correlation to drug localization within the particle matrix as determined by fluorescence and parelectric spectroscopy
S Lombardi Borgia
Institut fur Pharmazie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
J Control Release 110:151-63. 2005
..Therefore, drug targeting appears to be more strictly related to the mode of interaction of drug and particle than penetration enhancement...
- Lipid nanoparticles for prolonged topical delivery: an in vitro and in vivo investigation
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Catania, Viale A Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
Int J Pharm 357:295-304. 2008
..Recently, lipid nanoparticles have shown a great potential as vehicle for topical administration of active substances, principally owing to the possible targeting effect and controlled release in ..
- Ocular pharmacokinetics of besifloxacin following topical administration to rabbits, monkeys, and humans
Joel W Proksch
Global Research and Development, Bausch and Lomb, 1400 N Goodman Street, Rochester, NY 14609, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 25:335-44. 2009
..Studies were conducted to evaluate the ocular penetration and systemic exposure to besifloxacin, a fluoroquinolone antibiotic, following topical ocular administration to animals and humans...
- Prevention of ventilator-associated pneumonia by oral decontamination: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study
D C Bergmans
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:382-8. 2001
..cross infection, prevention and control; respiration, artificial, adverse effects; antibiotics, administration and dosage infection control methods; pneumonia, etiology, prevention and control; intubation, intratracheal, adverse effects..
- Topical applications of chlorhexidine to the umbilical cord for prevention of omphalitis and neonatal mortality in southern Nepal: a community-based, cluster-randomised trial
Luke C Mullany
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21211, USA
Lancet 367:910-8. 2006
..Omphalitis contributes to neonatal morbidity and mortality in developing countries. Umbilical cord cleansing with antiseptics might reduce infection and mortality risk, but has not been rigorously investigated...
- Topical application of antifibrinolytic drugs for on-pump cardiac surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis
Department of Anesthesia, Toronto Western Hospital, University Health Network, 2 434 McLaughlin Wing, 399 Bathurst Street, Toronto, ON, Canada, M5T 2S8
Can J Anaesth 56:202-12. 2009
..This systematic review aimed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of topical application of antifibrinolytic drugs to reduce postoperative bleeding and transfusion requirements in patients undergoing on-pump cardiac surgery...
- How effective is tetracaine 4% gel, before a peripherally inserted central catheter, in reducing procedural pain in infants: a randomized double-blind placebo controlled trial [ISRCTN75884221]
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
BMC Med 4:11. 2006
..The objective of this trial was to assess the safety and efficacy of tetracaine gel on the pain response of very low birth weight (VLBW) infants during insertion of a PICC...
- Repair of photoaged dermal matrix by topical application of a cosmetic 'antiageing' product
R E B Watson
Dermatological Sciences Research Group, The University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Br J Dermatol 158:472-7. 2008
..To date, little is known regarding the ability of over-the-counter 'antiageing' products to repair photoaged skin...
- Therapeutic effect of topical administration of SN50, an inhibitor of nuclear factor-kappaB, in treatment of corneal alkali burns in mice
Department of Ophthalmology, Wakayama Medical University, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama, 641 0012, Japan
Am J Pathol 166:1393-403. 2005
We evaluated the therapeutic efficacy of topical administration of SN50, an inhibitor of nuclear factor-kappaB, in a corneal alkali burn model in mice...
- Treatment of all basal cell carcinoma variants including large and high-risk lesions with 5% imiquimod cream: histological and clinical changes, outcome, and follow-up
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Federal University Teaching Hospital, Feldkirch, Austria
J Drugs Dermatol 6:507-13. 2007
..This early imiquimod response might have important implications for the final definition of potentially shorter imiquimod treatment periods...
- Piroxicam nanoparticles for ocular delivery: physicochemical characterization and implementation in endotoxin-induced uveitis
Research Center for Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
J Drug Target 15:407-16. 2007
..Upon these findings, we propose that the piroxicam:Eudragit RS100 nanosuspensions may be considered as an improved ocular delivery system for locally inhibition of inflammation...
- Topical pranoprofen 0.1% is as effective anti-inflammatory and analgesic agent as diclofenac sodium 0.1% after strabismus surgery
Department of Ophthalmology, Ataturk University Faculty of Medicine, Erzurum, Turkey
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 23:280-3. 2007
..1% in reducing inflammation and pain after strabismus surgery. Pranoprofen could be used as a safe and effective anti-inflammatory alternative for the treatment of inflammation following strabismus surgery...
- Effects of topical administration of y-39983, a selective rho-associated protein kinase inhibitor, on ocular tissues in rabbits and monkeys
Research Laboratories, Senju Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Kobe, Osaka, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:3216-22. 2007
..To elucidate the intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering effects and associated characteristics of Y-39983, a selective Rho-associated coiled coil-forming protein kinase (ROCK) inhibitor derived from Y-27632, in animal eyes...
- Chronic hypertrophic acyclovir-resistant genital herpes treated with topical cidofovir and with topical foscarnet at recurrence in an HIV-positive man
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:887-9. 2006
- Topical administration of low-dose tenofovir disoproxil fumarate to protect infant macaques against multiple oral exposures of low doses of simian immunodeficiency virus
Koen K A Van Rompay
California National Primate Research Center, University of California, Davis, California 95616 8542, USA
J Infect Dis 186:1508-13. 2002
..In a subsequent study, 2 oral inoculations of 4 juvenile macaques with a mixture of tenofovir DF and SIVmac251 induced persistent infection. Topical administration of low doses of tenofovir DF did not protect against oral SIV infection.
- Evaluation of an eucalyptus oil containing topical drug delivery system for selected steroid hormones
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmaceutics, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Int J Pharm 328:142-51. 2007
..In addition, viscosity measurements were performed. They indicated an influence of the polymers and drugs on the viscosity in all formulations...
- Effects of topical administration of an aldose reductase inhibitor on cataract formation in dogs fed a diet high in galactose
Peter F Kador
College of Pharmacy, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, Therapeutic Vision Inc, 11778 Whitmore S, Omaha, NE 68142, USA
Am J Vet Res 67:1783-7. 2006
..To determine effects of a topical formulation of an aldose reductase inhibitor (ARI) on the development of sugar cataracts in dogs fed a diet high in galactose. Animals-Ten 6-month old Beagles...
- Aqueous and vitreous concentrations following topical administration of 1% voriconazole in humans
G Atma Vemulakonda
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 126:18-22. 2008
To determine the penetration of 1% voriconazole solution into the aqueous and vitreous following topical administration.
- Oral versus topical NSAIDs in rheumatic diseases: a comparison
C A Heyneman
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administrative Sciences, Idaho State University College of Pharmacy, Pocatello 83209, USA
Drugs 60:555-74. 2000
..b>Topical administration of NSAIDs offers the advantage of local, enhanced drug delivery to affected tissues with a reduced ..
- [Update in the treatment of herpes zoster]
Departamento de Dermatologia, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Facultad de Medicina, Spain
Actas Dermosifiliogr 97:103-14. 2006
..Finally, this review discusses treatment guidelines for special locations (cranial nerves) and different subpopulations (children, pregnant women, immunodepressed patients, etc)...
- Penetration of chlorhexidine into human skin
T J Karpanen
Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Aston Triangle B4 7ET, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:3633-6. 2008
..This study lays the foundation for further research in adopting alternative strategies for enhanced skin antisepsis in clinical practice...
- Measuring the effects of topical moisturizers on changes in stratum corneum thickness, water gradients and hydration in vivo
J M Crowther
Procter and Gamble Technical Centres Ltd, Rusham Park, Whitehall Lane, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9NW, UK
Br J Dermatol 159:567-77. 2008
- Aqueous humor concentration of voriconazole after topical administration in rabbits
Christian K Vorwerk
Department of Ophthalmology, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Strasse 44, D 39120, Magdeburg, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 246:1179-83. 2008
..and Aspergillus spp. which are frequent causes of fungal keratitis depending on geographic location. We investigated the penetration of voriconazole through the cornea into the aqueous humor (AH) after topical administration.
- Niacinamide-containing facial moisturizer improves skin barrier and benefits subjects with rosacea
Zoe Diana Draelos
Department of Dermatology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Cutis 76:135-41. 2005
..Instruments provided objective measures of stratum corneum barrier function and hydration on the face...
- Penetration of topically applied ciprofloxacin and ofloxacin into the aqueous humor and vitreous
Ilgaz Sagdic Yalvac
Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara Hospital, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:487-91. 2003
..3% and ofloxacin 0.3%, into the aqueous humor and vitreous and to relate these levels to the miminum inhibitory concentration (MIC(90)) for organisms associated with ocular bacterial infections...
- Topical administration of a multi-targeted kinase inhibitor suppresses choroidal neovascularization and retinal edema
TargeGen, Inc, San Diego, California
J Cell Physiol 216:29-37. 2008
..These data suggest that TG100801 may provide a new topically applied treatment approach for ocular neovascularization and retinal edema...
- Intravenous morphine and topical tetracaine for treatment of pain in [corrected] neonates undergoing central line placement
Department of Pharmacy, The Hospital for Sick Children, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
JAMA 295:793-800. 2006
..There is limited evidence of the analgesic effectiveness of opioid analgesia or topical anesthesia during central line placement in neonates, and there are no previous studies of their relative effectiveness...
- Topical cyclosporine inhibits conjunctival epithelial apoptosis in experimental murine keratoconjunctivitis sicca
Ocular Surface Center, Department of Ophthalmology, Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cornea 24:80-5. 2005
..The purpose of this study is to determine if topical CsA treatment inhibits conjunctival epithelial apoptosis in a murine model of KCS...
- Comparison of invasive and non-invasive tonometry in the mouse
Christy A Morris
Department of Ophthalmology, Hamilton Glaucoma Center, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0946, USA
Exp Eye Res 82:1094-9. 2006
..Despite these limitations, the rebound tonometer has a significant advantage over cannulation tonometry in that it permits longitudinal IOP measurement in conscious mice...
- The development of Cutina lipogels and gel microemulsion for topical administration of fluconazole
H M El Laithy
Department of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
AAPS PharmSciTech 3:E35. 2002
..05). The antifungal activity of fluconazole showed the widest zone of inhibition with gel microemulsion. The gel microemulsion is an excellent vehicle for fluconazole topical drug delivery...
- Eudragit RS100 nanosuspensions for the ophthalmic controlled delivery of ibuprofen
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita degli Studi di Catania, Citta Universitaria, Viale A Doria, 6 95125, Catania, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 16:53-61. 2002
..Drug levels in the aqueous humour were also higher after application of the nanosuspensions; moreover, IBU-loaded nanosuspensions did not show toxicity on ocular tissues...
- Time course of 8-methoxypsoralen concentrations in skin and plasma after topical (bath and cream) and oral administration of 8-methoxypsoralen
Pharmazentrum Frankfurt, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 71:153-61. 2002
..To achieve optimal therapeutic effects, ultraviolet A irradiation should be performed at the time of maximum photosensitivity, that is, at the time of maximum 8-methoxypsoralen tissue concentrations...
- Symmetry of fellow-eye intraocular pressure responses to topical glaucoma medications
Department of Ophthalmology, West Virginia University Eye Institute, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
Ophthalmology 112:599-602. 2005
..The purpose of this study was to determine if this assumption is true...
- Solid lipid nanoparticles as carrier for sunscreens: in vitro release and in vivo skin penetration
S A Wissing
Department of Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics and Biotechnology, The Free University of Berlin, Kelchstrasse 31, D 12169 Berlin, Germany
J Control Release 81:225-33. 2002
..The rate of release also depends upon the total concentration of oxybenzone in the formulation. In vitro-in vivo correlations could be made qualitatively...
- Transcutaneous absorption of oil in preterm babies--a pilot study
A R Fernandez
Department of Neonatology, L T M G Hospital and L T M M College, Sion, Mumbai, India
Indian Pediatr 42:255-8. 2005
..The post oil application serum sample of all the 12 babies showed the presence of marker fatty acids of Meadowfoam oil which indicates transcutaneous absorption of oil in preterm babies...