Genomes and Genes
intra arterial infusions
Summary: Regional infusion of drugs via an arterial catheter. Often a pump is used to impel the drug through the catheter. Used in therapy of cancer, upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage, infection, and peripheral vascular disease.
Publications200 found, 100 shown here
- An update on hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy for colorectal cancerAdam D Cohen
Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, Solid Tumor Division, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Oncologist 8:553-66. 2003..In an attempt to prevent extrahepatic progression, combinations of HAI with systemic chemotherapy, including newer agents such as irinotecan and oxaliplatin, are currently being investigated, with promising early results...
- Intra-arterial prourokinase for acute ischemic stroke. The PROACT II study: a randomized controlled trial. Prolyse in Acute Cerebral ThromboembolismA Furlan
Cerebrovascular Center, Department of Neurology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
JAMA 282:2003-11. 1999..Intravenous tissue-type plasminogen activator can be beneficial to some patients when given within 3 hours of stroke onset, but many patients present later after stroke onset and alternative treatments are needed...
- Reocclusion of recanalized arteries during intra-arterial thrombolysis for acute ischemic strokeAdnan I Qureshi
Department of Neurosurgery and Toshiba Stroke Research Center, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 25:322-8. 2004..We conducted a retrospective study to determine the rate of reocclusion during intra-arterial thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke and the effect of reocclusion on functional outcome...
- Isolated hepatic perfusion for unresectable hepatic metastases from colorectal cancerD L Bartlett
Surgery Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Surgery 129:176-87. 2001..HAI appears to prolong the duration of response after IHP, and this combined treatment strategy deserves additional clinical evaluation as a therapeutic modality in this setting...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of hepatic arterial infusion with oxaliplatin in combination with folinic acid and 5-fluorouracil in patients with hepatic metastases from colorectal cancerW Kern
University Hospital Grosshadern, Department of Medicine III, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munchen, Germany
Ann Oncol 12:599-603. 2001..To determine dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), maximum tolerated dose (MTD), and pharmacokinetics (PK) of oxaliplatin administered as hepatic arterial infusion...
- Hepatic-arterial chemotherapyN Kemeny
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, New York, NY 10021, USA
Lancet Oncol 2:418-28. 2001..We discuss the phase II and phase III studies of hepatic-arterial infusion therapy, with a focus on liver metastases from colorectal cancer...
- Hepatic arterial infusion versus systemic therapy for hepatic metastases from colorectal cancer: a randomized trial of efficacy, quality of life, and molecular markers (CALGB 9481)Nancy E Kemeny
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:1395-403. 2006..Hepatic metastases derive most of their blood supply from the hepatic artery; therefore, for patients with hepatic metastases from colorectal cancer, hepatic arterial infusion (HAI) of chemotherapy may improve outcome...
- Phase II trial of intra-arterial chemotherapy using a novel lipophilic platinum derivative (SM-11355) in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaTakuji Okusaka
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Oncology Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Invest New Drugs 22:169-76. 2004..Other common adverse effects were eosinophilia (100%) and pyrexia (94%). Intra-arterial chemotherapy with SM-11355, which was well tolerated, showed promising antitumor activity in patients with HCC...
- Eating and weight changes following chemoradiation therapy for advanced head and neck cancerL A Newman
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Tennessee, College of Medicine, Memphis 38163, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 124:589-92. 1998..8-2.0 Gy per fraction per day for 35 days)...
- Effect of triolein emulsion on the blood-testis barrier in catsKi Nam Kim
Department of Radiology, Pusan National University College of Medicine, Pusan, South Korea
Invest Radiol 39:445-9. 2004..Although the blood-testis barrier (BTB) is beneficial physiologically, it acts as an obstacle to chemotherapy. We wished to determine whether a triolein emulsion could alter the permeability of the BTB in cats...
- Evaluation of the therapeutic effect of transcatheter arterial embolization for hepatocellular carcinomaT Okusaka
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Oncology 58:293-9. 2000..The reduction rate in serum AFP levels was also useful in patients with AFP levels >200 ng/ml before treatment...
- Antitumor effects of a novel lipophilic platinum complex (SM-11355) against a slowly-growing rat hepatic tumor after intra-hepatic arterial administrationS Kishimoto
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kobe Gakuin University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 23:344-8. 2000..2 mg for SM-11355/Lipiodol and 0.1 mg for CDDP/Lipiodol, respectively. The results demonstrated that SM-11355/Lipiodol exerted antitumor activity at a dose that showed no hepatic toxicity in the rat model, but CDDP/Lipiodol did not...
- Cisplatin tumor concentrations after intra-arterial cisplatin infusion or embolization in patients with oral cancerIrmgard Tegeder
Pharmazentrum Frankfurt, Klinik und Poliklinik für Kiefer und Plastische Gesichtschirugie, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 73:417-26. 2003..Recently, crystalline cisplatin embolization has been described as a novel treatment variant with increased tumor response rates...
- Methodology of the Interventional Management of Stroke III TrialPooja Khatri
Department of Neurology, University of Cincinnati, 231 Albert Sabin Way ML 0525, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0525, USA
Int J Stroke 3:130-7. 2008..a.) approach to recanalization may be more effective than standard i.v. rt-PA (Activase) alone for moderate-to-large National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS>or=10) strokes, and with a similar safety profile...
- Melphalan antitumor efficacy and hepatotoxicity: the effect of variable infusion duration in the hepatic arteryJoost Rothbarth
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 305:1098-103. 2003..Therefore, in a clinical setting, caution should be taken when infusion duration and concentration of melphalan are changed...
- Intrahepatic arterial versus intravenous fluorouracil and folinic acid for colorectal cancer liver metastases: a multicentre randomised trialDavid J Kerr
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Radcliffe Infirmary, OX2 6HE, Oxford, UK
Lancet 361:368-73. 2003....
- Analysis of risk factors predictive of distant failure after targeted chemoradiation for advanced head and neck cancerI Doweck
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Tennessee, Memphis, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 127:1315-8. 2001..Distant metastasis (DM) is the most common mode of recurrence among patients with advanced head and neck carcinoma treated with intra-arterial cisplatin and radiotherapy (RADPLAT)...
- Induction chemotherapy by superselective intra-arterial high-dose carboplatin infusion for head and neck cancerM Benazzo
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Pavia, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Italy
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 257:279-82. 2000..However, discriminating between responding and nonresponding patients, this procedure can have a prognostic significance in planning integrated treatments for these types of tumors...
- Radiotherapy and concomitant intraarterial cisplatin (RADPLAT) for advanced squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neckAnna Rabbani
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 30:283-6. 2007..Review of the University of Florida experience in treating advanced squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck with concurrent intraarterial cisplatin and radiotherapy (RADPLAT)...
- Factors predictive of local disease control after intra-arterial concomitant chemoradiation (RADPLAT)K Thomas Robbins
University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Laryngoscope 114:411-7. 2004..To determine the relative risk of prognostic factors for local disease control following RADPLAT...
- Effectiveness of superselective and selective neck dissection for advanced nodal metastases after chemoradiationK Thomas Robbins
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield 62794 9662, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 131:965-9. 2005..To determine the efficacy of selective and superselective neck dissection for patients with bulky or residual nodal metastasis treated with concomitant intra-arterial cisplatin and radiotherapy...
- Intraarterial therapy with a new potent inhibitor of tumor metabolism (3-bromopyruvate): identification of therapeutic dose and method of injection in an animal model of liver cancerMustafa Vali
Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:95-101. 2007..The authors performed a stepwise study in rabbits to determine the therapeutic dose and method of delivery of 3-BrPA...
- Long-term disposition of a novel lipophilic platinum complex SM-11355 in dog after intrahepatic arterial administration: highly sensitive detection of platinum and radioactivityJ Shimakura
Environmental Health Science Laboratory, Sumitomo Chemical Co, Ltd, 1 98 Kasugade naka 3 chome, Konohana ku, Osaka, 554 8558, Japan
Xenobiotica 32:399-409. 2002..4. The results strongly support the concept that SM-11355 targets the liver with highly selectivity and sustained release of Pt compounds...
- High-dose intra-arterial cisplatin therapy followed by radiation therapy for advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckW R Wilson
Division of Hematology and Oncology, George Washington University Medical Center, 2150 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Suite 3-428, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 127:809-12. 2001..This treatment protocol is much less effective for recurrent disease...
- High-dose intra-arterial cisplatin boost with hyperfractionated radiation therapy for advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckW F Regine
Department of Radiation Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0293, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:3333-9. 2001..To evaluate the tolerance and efficacy of intra-arterial (IA) cisplatin boost with hyperfractionated radiation therapy (HFX-RT) in patients with advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)...
- Continuous selective intraarterial chemotherapy in combination with irradiation for locally advanced cancer of the tongue and tongue baseK Furutani
Department of Radiation Oncology, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
Oral Oncol 38:145-52. 2002..9%, respectively. This combination therapy was effective for locally advanced cancer of the tongue and tongue base without causing severe adverse side effects, and a local control rate comparable to that by surgery can be expected...
- Treatment interruptions and complications with two continuous hepatic artery floxuridine infusion systems in colorectal liver metastasesC Fordy
Department of Surgery, Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
Br J Cancer 72:1023-5. 1995....
- Comparison of combined venous and arterial thrombolysis with primary arterial therapy using recombinant tissue plasminogen activator in acute ischemic strokeThomas Wolfe
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 17:121-8. 2008..We sought to compare the safety and efficacy of combined intravenous (IV) and intra-arterial (IA) thrombolysis with primary IA therapy using tissue plasminogen activator for acute ischemic stroke presenting within 6 hours of symptom onset...
- Intra-arterial chemotherapy less intensive than RADPLAT with concurrent radiotherapy for resectable advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: a prospective studyTomokazu Yoshizaki
Division of Otolaryngology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takaramachi, Kanazawa 920 8641, Japan
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 116:754-61. 2007....
- Targeting of VX2 rabbit liver tumor by selective delivery of 3-bromopyruvate: a biodistribution and survival studyMustafa Vali
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 327:32-7. 2008..The local control of the liver tumor by 3-BrPA resulted in a significant survival benefit...
- Thymidylate synthase expression in hepatic tumors is a predictor of survival and progression in patients with resectable metastatic colorectal cancerMithat Gonen
Departments of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Medicine, Surgery, and Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:406-12. 2003....
- Contrast enhancement and contrast extravasation on computed tomography after intra-arterial thrombolysis in patients with acute ischemic strokeWoong Yoon
Department of Radiology, Chonnam National University Medical School, Chonnam National University Hospital, 8 Hak 1 Dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju, 501 757, South Korea
Stroke 35:876-81. 2004..The goal of this study was to determine the CT findings and clinical consequences of contrast enhancement and contrast extravasation on CT scans obtained after intra-arterial thrombolytic therapy for treatment of acute ischemic stroke...
- Swallowing and speech ability after treatment for head and neck cancer with targeted intraarterial versus intravenous chemoradiationLisa A Newman
University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Head Neck 24:68-77. 2002..This study was designed to quantify and compare RADPLAT and systemic chemoradiation treatment effects on swallowing and speech...
- Endovascular administration after intravenous infusion of thrombolytic agents for the treatment of patients with acute ischemic strokesJose I Suarez
Cerebrovascular Center and Neurosciences Critical Care, Department of Neurology, The University Hospitals of Cleveland and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Neurosurgery 50:251-9; discussion 259-60. 2002..Intravenous treatment followed by intra-arterial infusion may increase the rate of recanalization and lead to better clinical results, with reduced frequency of intracranial hemorrhage...
- FDG-PET for evaluating the antitumor effect of intraarterial 3-bromopyruvate administration in a rabbit VX2 liver tumor modelHee Sun Park
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University Medical Research Center and Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 8:216-24. 2007..We wanted to investigate the feasibility of using FDG-PET for evaluating the antitumor effect of intraarterial administration of a hexokinase II inhibitor, 3-bromopyruvate (3-BrPA), in a rabbit VX2 liver tumor model...
- Randomized, multicenter trial of fluorouracil plus leucovorin administered either via hepatic arterial or intravenous infusion versus fluorodeoxyuridine administered via hepatic arterial infusion in patients with nonresectable liver metastases from coloreM Lorenz
Department of General and Vascular Surgery, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universit at, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Clin Oncol 18:243-54. 2000....
- Prophylactic hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy for the prevention of liver metastasis in patients with colon carcinoma: a randomized control trialSotaro Sadahiro
Department of Surgery, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
Cancer 100:590-7. 2004..In the current study, the authors administered 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) as adjuvant chemotherapy by HAI to patients with colon carcinoma without liver metastases and studied its effects on recurrence in the liver and survival...
- Intra-arterial induction high-dose chemotherapy with cisplatin for oral and oropharyngeal cancer: long-term resultsA F Kovacs
Department of Maxillofacial Plastic Surgery, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Medical School, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Br J Cancer 90:1323-8. 2004..The low toxicity of this local chemotherapy recommends usage especially in stage 1-2 patients. The potential of survival benefit as indicated by the comparison to the prognosis index should be controlled in a randomised study...
- Intra-arterial thrombolysis in 100 patients with acute stroke due to middle cerebral artery occlusionMarcel Arnold
Department of Neurology, Inselspital, University of Berne, Switzerland
Stroke 33:1828-33. 2002..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the safety and efficacy of local intra-arterial thrombolysis (LIT) using urokinase in patients with acute stroke due to middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion...
- Curative and organ-preserving treatment with intra-arterial carboplatin induction followed by surgery and/or radiotherapy for advanced head and neck cancer: single-center five-year resultsGiulia Bertino
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Pavia IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
BMC Cancer 7:62. 2007..This study evaluated the feasibility, toxicity, response rate and survival of neoadjuvant superselective intra-arterial infusion of high dose carboplatin in advanced head and neck cancer...
- Phase I clinical study of a novel lipophilic platinum complex (SM-11355) in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma refractory to cisplatin/lipiodolS Fujiyama
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Honjo, Japan
Br J Cancer 89:1614-9. 2003..Hence, we concluded that the maximum allowable dose was not reached in this study. Overall, our results suggest that SM-11355 is effective in treating HCC and we suggest that the dose for early phase II trials should be 20 mg ml(-1)...
- High-dose superselective intra-arterial cisplatin and concomitant radiation (RADPLAT) for advanced head and neck cancerAlfons J M Balm
Department of Head and Neck Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Head Neck 26:485-93. 2004..The purpose of this study was to study the effect of intensive targeted chemoradiation in a group of patients with head and neck cancer with stage IV inoperable disease...
- Therapeutic efficacy of transcatheter arterial chemoembolization as compared with hepatic resection in hepatocellular carcinoma patients with compensated liver function in a hepatitis B virus-endemic area: a prospective cohort studyHyo Suk Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Liver Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Chongno Gu, Korea
J Clin Oncol 20:4459-65. 2002....
- A novel intraarterial chemotherapy using paclitaxel in albumin nanoparticles to treat advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue: preliminary findingsBruno Damascelli
Department of Radiology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Via Venezian, 1, Milano 20133, Italy
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:253-60. 2003....
- Targeted cancer chemotherapy with arterial microcapsule chemoembolization: review of 1013 patientsT Kato
Department of Urology, Akita University School of Medicine, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 37:289-96. 1996....
- Tumor volume predicts outcome for advanced head and neck cancer treated with targeted chemoradiotherapyIlana Doweck
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Laryngoscope 112:1742-9. 2002....
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the maxillary sinus and the oral part of the upper jaw. Comparison of treatment resultsH Shibuya
Department of Radiology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Acta Oncol 33:43-7. 1994..The local recurrence rate was high in the inoperable MC patients (6/8). Contralateral sinus cancers occurred in 4 patients in the MC group...
- [Chemotherapy by superselective intraarterial infusion of nedaplatin combined with radiotherapy for oral cancer]Yoshio Yamashita
Dept of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Saga Medical School
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 29:905-9. 2002..However, all the patients were free from renal dysfunction. From these results, it is suggested that this combination therapy might be quite effective and safe. Further study will be needed to determine its efficacy against oral cancer...
- A prospective study regarding the complications of transcatheter intraarterial lipiodol chemoembolization in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaAnnie O Chan
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Cancer 94:1747-52. 2002..Transcatheter intraarterial lipiodol chemoembolization (TACE) has been reported to be one of the most effective palliative measures for HCC. However, its severe side effects continue to make its use controversial...
- Treatment of ocular melanoma metastatic to the liver by hepatic arterial chemotherapyS Leyvraz
Centre Pluridisciplinaire d Oncologie and Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 15:2589-95. 1997..The objective of the study was to establish prospectively the efficacy and toxicity of hepatic intraarterial fotemustine, a third-generation nitrosourea, in patients with liver metastases from ocular melanoma...
- Is there a new drug beyond floxuridine for intra-arterial hepatic chemotherapy in liver metastases from colorectal cancer?G Fiorentini
J Clin Oncol 23:2105; author reply 2106. 2005
- A combination therapy of continuous superselective intraarterial carboplatin infusion and radiation therapy for locally advanced head and neck carcinoma. Phase I studyN Fuwa
Department of Radiation Oncology, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, Chikusaku, Nagoya, Japan
Cancer 89:2099-105. 2000..Radiotherapy was administered using a 6-megavolt linear accelerator to a total dose of 50-60 grays. Interstitial radiotherapy boost also was used for carcinoma of the tongue...
- AUC of Calvert's formula in targeted intra-arterial carboplatin chemoradiotherapy for cancer of the oral cavityR Oya
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Iseigaoka 1 1, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu si, Fukuoka 807 8555, Japan
Br J Cancer 90:2062-6. 2004..The value of 4.5 for target AUC is recommended clinically. However, AUC of Calvert's formula could not predict thrombocytopenia associated with intra-arterial chemoradiotherapy due to the variability of the actual AUC...
- Preoperative intraarterial infusion chemotherapy for advanced gastric cancer--a retrospective review of four casesTakashi Iida
Department of Radiology, Karatsu Red Cross Hospital
Radiat Med 21:172-7. 2003..Although the four patients showed varying responses, intraarterial chemotherapy may prove to be an assistant therapy that enhances the therapeutic effect...
- Can colorectal cancer patients with thymidylate synthase-overexpressing liver metastases have an overall survival advantage with hepatic arterial infusion alone?A Alimonti
J Clin Oncol 21:3543-4; author reply 3544-5. 2003
- Technical complications of continuous intra-arterial chemotherapy with 5-fluorodeoxyuridine and 5-fluorouracil for colorectal liver metastasesStefan Heinrich
Department of General and Vascular Surgery, University of Frankfurt Medical Center, Frankfurt, Germany
Surgery 133:40-8. 2003..In this retrospective study, we analyzed specific technical complications associated with continuous intra-arterial chemotherapy for colorectal liver metastases...
- Continuation of regional chemotherapy of hepatic neoplasms despite occlusion of the hepatic artery-report of four casesBert Hildebrandt
Medical Clinic for Hematology and Oncology, Campus Virchow Clinic, Charite University Hospital, 13344 Berlin, Germany
Anticancer Drugs 13:663-9. 2002..Continuation of regional chemotherapy despite hepatic arterial occlusion preserved control of intrahepatic tumor manifestations in patients who previously responded to regular HAI...
- Treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma by transcatheter arterial embolization combined with intraarterial infusion of a mixture of cisplatin and ethiodized oilH Kasugai
Department of Gastroenterology, Center for Adult Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Gastroenterology 97:965-71. 1989..Therefore, TAE combined with intraarterial infusion of cisplatin/ethiodized oil mixture may be a safe and useful treatment modality for hepatocellular carcinoma...
- A systematic review of hepatic artery chemotherapy after hepatic resection of colorectal cancer metastatic to the liverRichard L Nelson
Department of Surgery, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612 7238, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 47:739-45. 2004..To enhance survival, chemotherapy has been delivered directly to the liver postresection via the hepatic artery. This study was designed to assess the effect of posthepatic resection, hepatic artery chemotherapy on overall survival...
- 5-fluorouracil, folinic acid and oxaliplatin administered via hepatic arterial infusion as regional second-line therapy for advanced colorectal cancerLars Meyer
Oncology 64:473-4. 2003
- Monocomponent chemoembolization in oral and oropharyngeal cancer using an aqueous crystal suspension of cisplatinA F Kovacs
Clinic for Maxillofacial Plastic Surgery, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Medical School, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Br J Cancer 86:196-202. 2002..Chemoembolization in the head and neck area can be carried out routinely using this method...
- Fusion imaging using a hybrid SPECT-CT camera improves port perfusion scintigraphy for control of hepatic arterial infusion of chemotherapy in colorectal cancer patientsTimm Denecke
Campus Virchow Klinikum, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin Klinik fur Strahlenheilkunde und PET Zentrum Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1 Berlin, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:1003-10. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate port perfusion scintigraphy in colorectal cancer patients using a hybrid SPECT-CT system for control of minimally invasive intra-arterial port systems within the scope of a phase II trial...
- Regional treatment options for patients with ocular melanoma metastatic to the liverElizabeth D Feldman
Surgical Metabolism Section, Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1502, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 11:290-7. 2004..This article reviews the efficacy, outcomes, and morbidities of the multiple locoregional therapies available today...
- A grading scale to predict outcomes after intra-arterial thrombolysis for stroke complicated by contrast extravasationR A Mericle
Department of Neurological Surgery RAM, The University of Florida Brain Institute, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
Neurosurgery 46:1307-14; discussion 1314-5. 2000..The clinical outcomes of patients after contrast extravasation are poorly understood. We designed a grading system to predict outcomes after contrast extravasation and tested the grading scale prospectively...
- [Efficacy of hepatic arterial infusion therapy for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma using 5-fluorouracil and cisplatin]Byoung Kuk Jang
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Keimyung College of Medicine, Dongsan Medical Center, Daegu, Korea
Korean J Hepatol 10:271-8. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of hepatic arterial infusion therapy (HAIT) using 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and cisplatin (CDDP) for advanced HCC...
- Interventional radiology for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: comparison of hepatic artery infusion chemotherapy and transcatheter arterial lipiodol chemoembolizationShuji Sumie
Department of Medicine, Saga Social Insurance Hospital, 3 8 1, Hyogo minami, Saga shi, Saga ken 849 8522, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:1327-34. 2003..In the transcatheter arterial Lipiodol chemoembolization group (n = 21), an emulsion of Epirubicin (20-30 mg/person) and Lipiodol was administered every 3-4 weeks...
- [Evaluation of hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy with low-dose leucovorin and 5-FU from reservoir for multiple liver metastases by colorectal cancer]Yoshimasa Ishii
Dept of Surgery, Digestive Center, Ohta Nishinouchi Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 30:1459-63. 2003..No adverse effects, such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bone marrow suppression, were seen after this treatment in any of the patients...
- [A case of liver metastasis from gallbladder cancer with marked response to arterial infusion chemotherapy]Takatomi Oku
Dept of Gastroenterology, Tonan Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 30:1515-8. 2003..The patient has been disease-free without any sign of recurrence for 7 months after CR was achieved. It is suggested that arterial infusion chemotherapy is useful and safe for the treatment of liver metastasis from gallbladder cancer...
- [Evaluation of arterial infusion chemotherapy for liver metastasis from gastric cancer]Atsushi Takeno
Dept of Surgery, Osaka National Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 30:1631-4. 2003..The combination of systemic chemotherapy with HAIC tended to improve the prognosis. It may be necessary to reevaluate HAIC as a treatment modality for liver metastasis from gastric cancer...
- [Combined chemotherapy with oral leucovorin (LV) + tegafur/uracil (UFT) and hepatic arterial infusion (HAI) therapy for liver metastasis of colorectal cancer]Suguru Hasegawa
Dept Gastroenterological Surgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 32:1045-9. 2005..The benefit of this combined therapy for survival in a case of liver metastasis from CRC remains to be evaluated. We are planning phase I and II clinical studies to evaluate the efficiency and feasibility of this combination therapy...
- [Two cases of gastric cancer with multiple liver metastases responding to TS-1 with hepatic arterial infusion of CDDP following low-dose 5-FU and CDDP chemotherapy]Yoshimi Hirohashi
Dept of Surgery, Shiroishi Kyoritsu Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 32:85-8. 2005..These cases suggest that TS-1 with hepatic arterial infusion of CDDP in an outpatient may be an effective treatment with low toxicities and no damage to QOL in gastric cancer patients with multiple liver metastases...
- [Complications of hepatic artery chemotherapy for liver metastases in colorectal cancer]Shoji Maruyama
Department of Surgery, Tokyo Toshima Metropolitan Hospital
Nihon Rinsho 61:379-82. 2003
- [Successful treatment of liver metastasis and extrahepatic metastasis with hepatic arterial infusion of CDDP, CPT-11, and 5-FU]Koichi Doi
Dept of Surgery, Miyazaki Prefectural Nobeoka Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 31:1668-70. 2004..There were no side effects except mild diarrhea. We believe hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy with CDDP, CPT-11, and 5-FU may be an effective strategy against liver metastasis and extrahepatic metastsis due to colon cancer...
- Feasibility study of ambulatory continuous infusion of 5-fluorouracil followed by cisplatin through hepatic artery for metastatic colorectal cancerBaoli Qin
First Department of Internal Medicine and Department of Biosystemic Science of Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 57:114-9. 2006..The objective of this study was to determine the feasibility of ambulatory continuous infusion of 5-FU followed by CDDP through hepatic artery for metastatic colorectal cancer...
- [Long-term outcome of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma that received transarterial hepatic chemotherapy]Seizo Masutani
Dept of Surgery, Sakai City Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 30:1579-82. 2003..2 months. A multivariate analysis identified CLIP score and therapeutic effect as independent predictors for mortality. It is concluded that transarterial hepatic chemotherapy was very useful for far advanced hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Extent of hepatic resection does not correlate with toxicity following adjuvant chemotherapyWaldemar F Carlo
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Surg Oncol 87:85-90. 2004..This article will address the question of whether large hepatic resections resulting in a greater loss of healthy liver predisposes patients to developing toxicity from the subsequent chemotherapeutic regimens...
- Hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer: a concise overviewFedricker D Barber
Department of Bioimmunotherapy, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 422, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Treat Rev 30:425-36. 2004..A variety of agents other than 5-FU have also been given by HAI to patients with liver metastases from diverse cancers. Such regional therapy often yields encouraging response rates and impact on survival therefore merits investigation...
- Clinical effects of intra-arterial infusion chemotherapy with cisplatin, mitomycin C, leucovorin and 5-flourouracil for unresectable advanced hepatocellular carcinomaChi Pin Lin
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University School of Taiwan, ROC
J Chin Med Assoc 67:602-10. 2004..We prospectively evaluated the effects of short-course continuous infusion with the combination of cisplatin, mitomycin C, 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and leucovorin for unresectable advanced HCC and analyzed their prognostic factors...
- [A case of hepatocellular carcinoma with multiple lung metastases responding to intermittent intrahepatic arterial chemotherapy of CDDP+5-FU]Kei Horino
Dept of Surgery, Hitoyoshi General Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 32:235-8. 2005..Fifteen months later, a solitary metastatic lesion in the left lung was resected. After two years, peritonitis carcinomatosa was observed, and the patient died...
- Intraarterial chemotherapy: another choice for unresectable advanced hepatocellular carcinoma?Chung Pin Li
J Chin Med Assoc 67:595-6. 2004
- Hepatic intra-arterial chemotherapy using a percutaneous catheter in pretreated patients with metastatic colorectal carcinomaN Fazio
Department of Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141 Milan, Italy
Anticancer Res 23:5023-30. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the activity and safety of giving HIAC through a percutaneous catheter in pre-treated patients...
- Hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy with use of an implanted port system in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: prognostic factorsAyumi Hamada
Department of Radiology, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:835-41. 2004..This study was retrospectively undertaken to identify prognostic factors in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) treated by hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy with a percutaneously implantable port system inserted...
- [A case of hepatocellular carcinoma with tumor thrombi in the first branch of the portal vein and hepatic vein trunks treated by transcatheter hepatic arterial chemoembolization and hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy--two years and six months follow-uMasatora Haruno
Dept of Internal Medicine, Chihaya Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 32:667-70. 2005..On post 1st TACE week 8, he received hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy (low-dose cisplatin and 5-FU) for Vp3 Vv2 HCC. The patient is still alive with no recurrence after two years and six months since the initial TACE treatment...
- Adjuvant arterial infusion chemotherapy after resection of hepatocellular carcinoma with portal thrombosis: a pilot studyTakefumi Niguma
Department of Surgery, Okayama Saiseikai General Hospital, 1 17 18 Ifuku cho, Okayama, 700 8511, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 12:249-53. 2005..We report here the results of a pilot study, showing the efficacy of adjuvant arterial infusion chemotherapy after the resection of HCC with mPVTT...
- [A case of advanced gastric cancer with multiple liver metastases responding completely to hepatic arterial infusion and systemic chemotherapies]Mikio Imamura
Dept of Surgery, Sendai National Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 30:2101-5. 2003..IHAC using 5-FU plus CDDP seems to be an efficient and worthy therapeutic modality if there are no other lesions except multiple liver metastases and a curative gastric resection is indicated...
- Hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein tumor thrombosisYung Chih Lai
Department of Internal Medicine, Cathay General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:2666-70. 2003..The aim of this prospective study was to evaluate the efficacy of hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy (HAIC) for patients with this disease...
- Prognostic factors in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma receiving hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapyTakahiro Yamasaki
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minamikogushi, Ube 755 8505, Japan
J Gastroenterol 40:70-8. 2005..The prognosis of patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is poor. We aimed to clarify the prognostic factors in patients with advanced HCC receiving hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy (HAIC)...
- [A case of Vp4 hepatocellular carcinoma treated with surgical resection and continuous intrahepatic artery infusion chemotherapy of low-dose cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil]Takao Tamesa
Dept of Surgery II, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 30:1769-72. 2003..Low-dose CDDP/5-FU intra-hepatic artery infusion chemotherapy was effective for prevention of intrahepatic recurrence after resection of HCC with portal venous thrombus...
- [A case of successful treatment of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma with tumor thrombi in the major portal branches and inferior vena cava with combined intraarterial 5-fluorouracil, adriamycin and cisplatin therapy]Hideo Ota
Dept of Surgery and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 30:1673-7. 2003..In conclusion, some patients may obtain longer survival through this treatment, even in cases of advanced HCC with tumor thrombus in the major trunks of portal vein and/or hepatic vein...
- [Radiofrequency ablation therapy combined with intrahepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy for liver metastasis of colorectal cancer]Shinya Otsuka
Dept of Surgery, Fukuyama National Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 30:1598-601. 2003..RFA therapy combined with intrahepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy achieved excellent therapeutic effect, and maintained good quality of life in patients...
- [A case of colon carcinoma with unresectable multiple liver metastases responding to various combined chemotherapies centering on hepatic arterial infusion therapy]Toshiyuki Suganuma
Division of Surgery, Japan Self Defense Force Central Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 31:777-80. 2004..Liver metastases shrunk after 6 months of treatment and were remarkably decreased in size in May 2003. Although 3 metastatic lesions existed in both lungs, good quality of life has been maintained in the 2 years following surgery...
- [A case report of complete remission of liver metastases from colorectal cancer treated with continuous hepatic arterial infusion]Toshiteru Tokunaga
Dept of Surgery, Kinan General Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 30:1009-11. 2003..The patient has been free from any sign of recurrence for 37 months after the operation. Continuous hepatic arterial infusion using 5-FU and MMC seems to be effective in the treatment of multiple liver metastases from colorectal cancer...
- Significance of trans-hepatic arterial chemotherapy for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein tumor thrombusMotohisa Akiyama
The First Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Biomedical Science, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Oncol Rep 20:353-7. 2008..In conclusion, the importance of trans-arterial chemotherapy was demonstrated even in advanced dysfunctional cirrhotic HCC patients with PVTT. It is therefore necessary to develop a basic protocol to treat HCC with PVTT...
- [A case of hepatocellular carcinoma responding to hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy with low-dose cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil]Y Takeda
Dept. of Surgery, Osaka National Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 28:1712-7. 2001..This patient is still alive 15 months after the start of therapy. This case suggests that HAI with low-dose CDDP and 5-FU might be useful for prolonging the survival of HCC patients with a good quality of life...
- [A patient with small-cell carcinoma of the esophagus with synchronous liver metastasis surviving 48 months after surgery]T Nagahama
Dept. of Surgery, Tokyo Metropolitan Ohkubo Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 28:1655-8. 2001..At the outpatient clinic bi-weekly hepatic artery infusion of 5-FU (1,500 mg/body/5 h) was continued for 30 months. The patient is alive 48 months after surgery without any evidence of recurrence...
- [A case of postoperative multiple hepatic metastasis from esophageal cancer successfully treated by surgical resection and hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy]H Nagano
Dept. of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 28:1628-31. 2001..The utility of hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy and hepatectomy for postoperative multiple hepatic metastasis from esophageal cancer was shown in the present case...
- [The progress of hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma]Takehiro Noda
Dept of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:1221-5. 2006..We previously reported that the beneficial effects of combination therapy of IFN-alpha/5-FU for advanced HCC. IFN-alpha/5-FU combination therapy may be a promising treatment modality for advanced HCC...
- [Combination chemotherapy with hepatic arterial infusion of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and systemic irinotecan (CPT-11) in patients with unresectable liver metastases from colorectal cancer]Kohei Shitara
Dept of Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology, Misawa City Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:2033-7. 2006..So the combination chemotherapy with HAI plus systemic chemotherapy is expected. This study ascertained the efficacy and toxicity of combined chemotherapy with HAI plus systemic CPT-11...
- Esophagectomy and hepatic arterial chemotherapy following hepatic resection for esophageal cancer with liver metastasisT Yamamoto
Second Department of Surgery, Shimane Medical University, Izumo, Japan
J Gastroenterol 36:560-3. 2001..Aggressive esophagectomy and hepatic arterial chemotherapy is the treatment of choice for esophageal cancer with liver metastasis when unresectable metastases are confined to the liver...
- [Hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma providing a good QOL]Shinya Yamashita
Dept of Surgery, Nishinomiya Municipal Central Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:1928-30. 2006..An appetite loss (grade 2) appeared, but it could be well controlled. Serum AFP decreased again, up to 54 ng/ml. A good QOL was kept for about one year after the initiation of hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy...
- Evaluation of intrahepatic perfusion on fusion imaging using a combined CT/SPECT system: influence of anatomic variations on hemodynamic modification before installation of implantable port systems for hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapyOsamu Ikeda
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Kumamoto University Graduate School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 1 1 1, Honjo, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:383-91. 2007..We used a combined CT/SPECT system to obtain fused images of the intrahepatic perfusion patterns in patients with such anatomic variations and assessed their effects on the treatment response of hepatic tumors...
- Vascular and Skeletal Muscle Function in Gulf War Veterans IllnessScott Kinlay; Fiscal Year: 2013..This Pilot study may also provide insights into other chronic illness characterized by fatigue and other musculoskeletal symptoms, such as peripheral vascular disease and congestive heart failure. ..
- Role of Angiogenesis Following StrokePatrick Lyden; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Vascular Function after Exposure of Humans to HypoxiaJames Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2009..We anticipate that these studies will significantly enhance our understanding of how intermittent hypoxia and obstructive sleep apnea influence vascular tone and function. ..
- THERAPY OF HEPATIC METASTASES FROM COLORECTAL CARCINOMANancy Kemeny; Fiscal Year: 2001..Cryosurgery and newer hepatic arterial therapies are therapeutic modalities that can be used in patients in whom liver resection is impossible. ..
- NITROXIDERGIC CEREBROVASCULAR TONE DURING ANESTHESIAShailendra Joshi; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Vascular tone and blood pressure control during exerciseJohn Buckwalter; Fiscal Year: 2005..This is an issue of fundamental importance that may have important implications for individuals with peripheral vascular disease. ..
- Interventional Management of Stroke III Planning GrantJoseph Broderick; Fiscal Year: 2004..10. Explore funding of interventional angiography by CMS. 11. Continue interaction with industry, with attention to devices that might be applied to a device-augmented future IV/IA paradigm. ..
- Familial Intracranial Aneurysm Study II (FIA II)JOSEPH PAUL BRODERICK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, we will use bioinformatics, statistical methods, and gene sequencing, to identify specific disease producing mutations and/or high risk haplotypes whose functional relevance will be subsequently explored. ..
- AGING, EXERCISE AND ENDOTHELIAL FUNCTIONCHRISTOPHER DESOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2002..He and the host department will provide Dr. DeSouza all of the necessary resources to successfully complete his training. (End of Abstract) ..
- Obesity/Insulin Resistance, Vitamin C and Endothelin-1CHRISTOPHER DESOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Obesity/Insulin Resistance and Endothelial t-PA ReleaseCHRISTOPHER DESOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- HIV-1 Infection and Endothelial t-PA ReleaseCHRISTOPHER DESOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Endothelial Abnormalities in Obesity/Insulin ResistanceCHRISTOPHER DESOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- VIP-induced gene expression in colonic smooth muscle cellsSushil K Sarna; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Aging, Exercise and Endothelin-1 Vasoconstrictor ToneCHRISTOPHER DESOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- SAFER THROMBOLYTIC THERAPY USING PLASMINVictor Marder; Fiscal Year: 2007..We hypothesize and anticipate that plasmin will provide clinically effective thrombolysis without an increased risk of bleeding . ..
- Blood Outgrowth Endothelial Cell Seeding of Heart Valve LeafletsRobert J Levy; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will investigate a novel approach for a heart valve replacement by studying a trileaflet polyurethane valve that is seeded with autologous blood outgrowth endothelial cells. ..
- INHALATIONAL ANESTHETIC BINDING STUDIESRoderic Eckenhoff; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ISGS: The Ischemic Stroke Genetics StudyJAMES MESCHIA; Fiscal Year: 2006..The application and SWISS share the same definitions for the present and absence of phenotype and key enrollment criteria. ..
- Outcomes of Perinatal StrokeMeredith Golomb; Fiscal Year: 2008..During the last year of the study, she plans to apply for an R01 grant to set up a pilot clinical trial. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CNS Gene Delivery and Imaging in Brain Tumor TherapyEdward Neuwelt; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Influence of blood pressure on PAD distributionSean Newcomer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Lastly, atherosclerotic lesions will be assessed using histological analysis in conjuction with the Stary scale. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TWO COMPARTMENT MODELS TO IMPROVE BRAIN TUMOR THERAPYEdward Neuwelt; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal is response to Brain Tumor PRG sponsored by NINDS and NCI. ..
- OPENING OF THE BLOOD-BRAIN BARRIER TO ANTITUMOR AGENTSEdward Neuwelt; Fiscal Year: 2001..This revised competitive renewal is the continuation of a surgical CREG. ..
- Effects of sex and adiposity on muscle protein synthesisBettina Mittendorfer; Fiscal Year: 2008..This information should prove useful in developing novel therapeutic approaches aimed at maintaining muscle mass throughout a person's lifespan and in patients with conditions associated with muscle wasting. ..
- Improving Learning in MS: A Randomized Clinical TrialNancy Chiaravalloti; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, we will be able to draw conclusions regarding the impact of this particular memory remediation program on everyday life from questionnaires completed by the participant and a significant other. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PET Approach To Measuring Human Myocardial MetabolismKieren Mather; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NO AND OXIDATIVE STRESS IN HUMAN MYOCARDIAL FAILUREMichael Givertz; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Muscle Pump and Chemical Dilation in Exercise HyperemiaWilliam Schrage; Fiscal Year: 2004..The strength of the proposed experiments is that we will manipulate both mechanical and chemical factors and assess their combined effects on muscle blood flow during acute and steady state exercise in humans. ..
- MIDCAREER INVESTIGATOR AWARD IN CEREBROVASCULAR RESEARCHLarry Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Polyurethane Calcification:Mechanism and InhibitionRobert Levy; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MYOCARDIAL CONTROLLED RELEASE IMPLANTS FOR ARRHYTHMIASRobert Levy; Fiscal Year: 2001..3) We will perform comparable therapeutic studies with a candidate RGT plasmid vector, HERG (A561V). ..
- Cardiovascular Chemoreflex-Baroreflex InteractionJOHN HALLIWILL; Fiscal Year: 2005..By addressing these aims, we will extend insights that are now only available in animals to a poorly understood area of cardiovascular regulation in humans. ..
- AMPHETAMINE ENHANCED STROKE RECOVERY--BURKE SRCI GROUPLarry Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2002..However the treatment duration will be increased to a total of 10 sessions. ..
- Improved Suicide Gene Therapy for Hepatic CancersWilliam Ensminger; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Interaction of amyloid beta and inhaled anestheticsRoderic Eckenhoff; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will provide the feasibility to extend this hypothesis to animal models and ultimately to clinical studies of the interaction between anesthetics and neurodegeneration. ..
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE CARDIAC C13FLUX AND METABOLIC RATEE Lewandowski; Fiscal Year: 2001..The long range objective is the ultimate use of C13 NMR to assess the activity and expression of these mitochondrial proteins that regulate metabolic flux in intact and in vivo organs during development and disease. ..
- Siblings With Ischemic Stroke Study (SWISS)JAMES MESCHIA; Fiscal Year: 2009..DNA banking and the creation of permanent lymphoblastoid cell lines will be done to permit future collaborative efforts to study the genetic basis for stroke risk. ..
- VTA DA Neuron Electrophysiology in Selected Rat LinesSandra L Morzorati; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Endovascular Embolectomy for Stroke - Experimental StudyYVES GOBIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Because mechanical embolectomy does not use a thrombolytic agent, the time window for recanalization could be significantly expanded without increased risk of hemorrhage. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- MR ASSESSMENT OF MAGNESIUM IN ACUTE STROKEChelsea Kidwell; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ROLE OF HEMODYNAMICS IN IN VIVO INSULIN RESISTANCEKieren Mather; Fiscal Year: 2003..If the data confirm our hypothesis, treatment of IR patients with ET1 antagonists may be a rational and beneficial approach to reducing the dreaded cardiovascular outcomes associated with IR and type 2 diabetes. ..
- MEDIC ONE STROKE SCALEDavid Tirschwell; Fiscal Year: 2003..As stroke therapeutic research moves into the prehospital setting, the MOSS will serve as a standardized evaluation tool allowing early and accurate stroke diagnosis and severity stratification. ..
- Metabolic enzyme activity mediating myocardial stunningE Lewandowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CARDIOVASCULAR CALCIFICATION PATHOPHYSIOLOGY & TREATMENTRobert Levy; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- MOLECULAR MARKERS OF PROGNOSIS IN COLON CANCERRobert Warren; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Discovery and functional assessment of the rat op geneDAVID DOBBINS; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Cytokine Inhibition in Hepatocellular CarcinomaJonathan Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Opening of the Blood Brain Barrier to Antitumor AgentsEdward Neuwelt; Fiscal Year: 2008..This revised competitive renewal is the continuation of the original 1978 surgical CREG, and is responsive to the priorities established in July 2000 by the joint NINDS and NCI Brain Tumor PRG. ..