Genomes and Genes
Summary: Therapeutic introduction of ions of soluble salts into tissues by means of electric current. In medical literature it is commonly used to indicate the process of increasing the penetration of drugs into surface tissues by the application of electric current. It has nothing to do with ION EXCHANGE; AIR IONIZATION nor PHONOPHORESIS, none of which requires current.
Publications336 found, 100 shown here
- Iontophoresis in vivo demonstrates a key role for GABA(A) and glycinergic inhibition in shaping frequency response areas in the inferior colliculus of guinea pigF E LeBeau
Department of Physiological Sciences, The Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 21:7303-12. 2001..We used the powerful combination of iontophoresis with detailed analysis of frequency response areas to test the hypothesis that GABAergic and glycinergic ..
- Muscle synergies encoded within the spinal cord: evidence from focal intraspinal NMDA iontophoresis in the frogP Saltiel
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Neurophysiol 85:605-19. 2001..These findings are contrasted with previous approaches to the problem of synergies...
- Transdermal iontophoresisPriya Batheja
Department of Pharmaceutics, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, 145 Bevier Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 3:127-38. 2006b>Iontophoresis is a technique used to enhance the transdermal delivery of compounds through the skin via the application of a small electric current...
- Non-invasive assessment of skin microvascular function in humans: an insight into methodsMatthieu Roustit
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, INSERM CIC03, Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Microcirculation 19:47-64. 2012..Acetylcholine and sodium nitroprusside iontophoresis, despite their wide use as specific tests of endothelium-dependent and -independent function, respectively, ..
- Assessment of microvascular endothelial function in human skinD J Newton
Peripheral Vascular Diseases Research Unit, University Department of Medicine, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
Clin Sci (Lond) 101:567-72. 2001..with which to test the function of different receptor pathways, we have shown that just acetylcholine and methacholine can currently be used with iontophoresis to allow sensitive and reproducible assessment of endothelial function.
- Treatment options for hyperhidrosisHobart W Walling
Am J Clin Dermatol 12:285-95. 2011..Options include topical medications (most commonly aluminum chloride), iontophoresis, botulinum toxin injections, systemic medications (including glycopyrrolate and clonidine), and surgery (most ..
- C-fiber function assessed by the laser doppler imager flare technique and acetylcholine iontophoresisAlistair Q Green
The Diabetes Centre, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust, Heath Road, Ipswich IP4 5PD, UK
Muscle Nerve 40:985-91. 2009Vasodilation induced by both acetylcholine iontophoresis (ACh Ionto) and the laser Doppler flare technique (LDIFT) can be used to measure small-fiber function. The aim of this study was to compare the neurogenic nature of these methods...
- Current concepts in assessment of microvascular endothelial function using laser Doppler imaging and iontophoresisJamie Turner
University Division of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Institute of Cardiovascular Research, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, DD1 9SY Scotland, UK
Trends Cardiovasc Med 18:109-16. 2008..developed, including the use of laser Doppler flowmetry/imaging to measure cutaneous perfusion accompanied by iontophoresis of acetylcholine and sodium nitroprusside...
- Noninvasive assessment of endothelial function in the skin microcirculationHaythem Debbabi
Department of Non Invasive Investigations, Cardiovascular Research Centre, PARCC Inserm U970, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Hypertens 23:541-6. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine whether the laser Doppler response of skin microcirculation to acetylcholine, reflects that of conduit artery assessed by brachial artery flow-mediated dilation (FMD)...
- Methodological issues in the assessment of skin microvascular endothelial function in humansJean Luc Cracowski
Department of Human Physiology, University of Oregon, OR 97403 1240, USA
Trends Pharmacol Sci 27:503-8. 2006..We review the advantages and limitations of postocclusive hyperemia, local thermal hyperemia, acetylcholine iontophoresis, flowmotion and association with microdialysis as tools with which to investigate skin microvascular ..
- Enhancement of topical 5-aminolaevulinic acid delivery by erbium:YAG laser and microdermabrasion: a comparison with iontophoresis and electroporationJ Y Fang
Pharmaceutical Laboratory, Graduate Institute of Natural Products, Chang Gung University, Kweishan, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Br J Dermatol 151:132-40. 2004..However, the permeability of hydrophilic ALA across the skin is very low...
- Bradykinin is a potent pruritogen in atopic dermatitis: a switch from pain to itchMiwa Hosogi
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Pain 126:16-23. 2006Histamine, substance P, serotonin and bradykinin were applied by iontophoresis to lesional and visually non-lesional skin of 14 patients with atopic dermatitis, and normal skin of 15 healthy volunteers...
- The effect of cutaneous mast cell degranulation on sensitivity to heatP D Drummond
School of Psychology, Murdoch University, 6150, Western Australia, Australia
Inflamm Res 53:309-15. 2004..To determine whether depletion of inflammatory mediators from cutaneous mast cells influences cutaneous sensitivity to heat or the thermal hyperalgesia provoked by capsaicin or noradrenaline...
- Iontophoresis - an approach for controlled drug delivery: a reviewNitin Dixit
Department of Pharmaceutics, Jamia Hamdard, Hamdard University, New Delhi 110062, India
Curr Drug Deliv 4:1-10. 2007..Present review also provides an insight into reverse iontophoresis. Various parameters which affect the transdermal absorption of drugs through iontophoresis like drug ..
- Diabetic retinopathy is related to both endothelium-dependent and -independent responses of skin microvascular flowThanh T Nguyen
Centre for Eye Research Australia, Royal Victorian University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Diabetes Care 34:1389-93. 2011..We examined the relationship of DR to endothelium-dependent and endothelium-independent responses in skin microvascular flow...
- Recurrent HSV-1 corneal epithelial lesions induced by timolol iontophoresis in latently infected rabbitsY Haruta
LSU Eye Center, Louisiana State University Medical Center School of Medicine, New Orleans 70112 2234
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 29:387-92. 1988..virus type 1 (HSV-1) ocular shedding and recurrent corneal epithelial lesions were assessed following ocular iontophoresis of 0.01% timolol at 0...
- Dose-dependent vasodilatory effects of acetylcholine and local warming on skin microcirculationSamuel Christen
Division of Clinical Pathophysiology, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:659-64. 2004..These techniques represent a unique means to investigate noninvasively the functional vasodilatory capacity of the skin microvasculature...
- A protocol for iontophoresis of acetylcholine and sodium nitroprusside that minimises nonspecific vasodilatory effectsErik J Droog
The Burns Unit, Department of Hand and Plastic Surgery, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Microvasc Res 67:197-202. 2004b>Iontophoresis of vasoactive substances is a promising tool for studying pharmacological aspects of the (patho)physiology of the microvasculature. However, nonspecific microvascular responses are a common problem in most protocols used...
- Inflammatory suppression rapidly attenuates microvascular dysfunction in rheumatoid arthritisDeepankar Datta
Centre for Rheumatic Diseases, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Atherosclerosis 192:391-5. 2007..This was assessed non-invasively using laser Doppler imaging combined with iontophoresis of the vasodilators acetylcholine (ACh, endothelium dependent) and sodium nitroprusside (SNP, endothelium ..
- Do cross-modal projections always result in multisensory integration?Brian L Allman
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Medicine, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Cereb Cortex 18:2066-76. 2008....
- Simultaneous transdermal extraction of glucose and lactate from human subjects by reverse iontophoresisTak S Ching
Asia University, Taiwan
Int J Nanomedicine 3:211-23. 2008..extracting glucose and lactate from human subjects, at the same skin location, using transdermal reverse iontophoresis. Transdermal monitoring using iontophoresis is made possible by the skin's permeability to small molecules and ..
- Enhancement of skin permeation of high molecular compounds by a combination of microneedle pretreatment and iontophoresisXue Ming Wu
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Josai University, 1 1 Keyakidai, Sakado, Saitama 350 0295, Japan
J Control Release 118:189-95. 2007A combination of microneedle pretreatment and iontophoresis was evaluated for the potential to increase skin permeation of drugs...
- Evaluation of the antihistamine effects of olopatadine, cetirizine and fexofenadine during a 24 h period: a double-blind, randomized, crossover, placebo-controlled comparison in skin responses induced by histamine iontophoresisHitoshi Takahashi
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Shimane University, Izumo, Shimane, Japan
Arch Dermatol Res 300:291-5. 2008..placebo-controlled study of ten healthy volunteers on histamine-induced flare and wheal response using an iontophoresis technique. The suppressive effect of olopatadine on the wheals induced by a 0...
- Impaired microvascular function in normal children: effects of adiposity and poor glucose handlingFaisel Khan
Vascular Diseases Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
J Physiol 551:705-11. 2003..Skin microvascular responses, measured using laser Doppler imaging, to iontophoresis of acetylcholine (ACh) and sodium nitroprusside (SNP), were negatively correlated with percentage body fat (r =..
- 2% sodium fluoride-iontophoresis compared to a commercially available desensitizing agentPankaj Singal
D A V C Dental College, Periodontics, Yamuna Nagar, Haryana, India
J Periodontol 76:351-7. 2005..Thus, a cycle of sensitive teeth leading to reduced plaque control, more periodontal disease, and more recession may be established...
- Relationship between peripheral and coronary function using laser Doppler imaging and transthoracic echocardiographyFaisel Khan
Institute of Cardiovascular Research, University Division of Medicine and Therapeutics, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
Clin Sci (Lond) 115:295-300. 2008..Cutaneous perfusion was measured using the non-invasive technique of laser Doppler imaging during iontophoresis of acetylcholine and sodium nitroprusside, and cutaneous vascular conductance was calculated (laser Doppler ..
- Diagnostic and therapeutic applications of iontophoresisAnke Sieg
Department of Life Sciences Technology Healthcare Industry, Dow Corning Europe SA, Seneffe, Belgium
J Drug Target 17:690-700. 2009..b>Iontophoresis is a noninvasive technique which uses a low current to administer polar and charged species through the skin, ..
- Permeability of the root canal wall and occlusion of dentinal tubules by Ag(NH3)2F: a comparison of combined use with pulsed Nd:YAG laser or iontophoresisK Yokoyama
Department of Endodontics, Showa University School of Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Laser Med Surg 18:9-14. 2000..hardness test to compare the penetration and hardness of silver resulting from use of either (i) pulsed Nd:YAG laser or (ii) iontophoresis, after root canal wall shaping using the standard method of coating with 38% Ag(NH3)2F solution.
- Corneal cross-linking: intrastromal riboflavin concentration in iontophoresis-assisted imbibition versus traditional and transepithelial techniquesLeonardo Mastropasqua
Department of Medicine and Ageing Sciences, Ophthalmology Clinic, University G D Annunzio of Chieti and Pescara, Chieti, Italy
Am J Ophthalmol 157:623-30.e1. 2014..in riboflavin concentration in the anterior, intermediate, and posterior stroma after 3 corneal cross-linking imbibition techniques (standard epithelial [epi]-off, epi-on, and iontophoresis-assisted administration) of 0.1% riboflavin.
- Iontophoresis-driven penetration of nanovesicles through microneedle-induced skin microchannels for enhancing transdermal delivery of insulinHuabing Chen
College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, China
J Control Release 139:63-72. 2009..05+/-0.91%, which can be driven by iontophoresis for enhancing transdermal delivery of insulin through microneedle-induced skin microchannels...
- Controlled transdermal iontophoresis by ion-exchange fiberT Jaskari
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Kuopio, P O Box 1627, FIN 70211, Kuopio, Finland
J Control Release 67:179-90. 2000The objective of this study was to assess the transdermal delivery of drugs using iontophoresis with cation- and anion-exchange fibers as controlled drug delivery vehicles...
- Exogenous zinc improves blood fluidity but has no effect on the mechanisms of vascular response to acetylcholine iontophoresis in humansF Esen
Department of Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Turkey
Biol Trace Elem Res 113:139-53. 2006..Transdermal iontophoresis was used to transport ACh through the forearm skin and cutaneous perfusion was measured using a laser Doppler ..
- Transdermal delivery of atenolol: effect of prodrugs and iontophoresisB Anroop
Department of Pharm Sciences, S B S PG Institute of Biomedical Sciences and Research, Dehradun, India
Curr Drug Deliv 6:280-90. 2009..The aim of the present investigation was to study the combined effect of two such techniques, iontophoresis and esterification, on the transdermal delivery of atenolol...
- Kinetics of the temperature rise within human stratum corneum during electroporation and pulsed high-voltage iontophoresisUwe F Pliquett
Harvard MIT Division of Health Science and Technology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Room 16 316, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Bioelectrochemistry 57:65-72. 2002..These results support the hypothesis that electroporation occurs within the SC and that additional processes, such as localized heating, may be important...
- Transdermal iontophoresis as an in-vivo technique for studying microvascular physiologyErik Tesselaar
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Microvasc Res 81:88-96. 2011..Transdermal iontophoresis can be used to non-invasively introduce vasoactive drugs into the skin...
- Use of iontophoresis or phonophoresis for delivering onabotulinumtoxinA in the treatment of palmar hyperidrosis: a report on four casesPatrícia Cristina Andrade
Herminio Ometto University Center, UNIARARAS, Araras, SP, Brazil
An Bras Dermatol 86:1243-6. 2011..Drugs such as onabotulinumtoxinA can be percutaneously delivered by phonophoresis or by iontophoresis and may be useful in the treatment of hyperhidrosis...
- Antiflammin 1 peptide delivered non-invasively by iontophoresis reduces irritant-induced inflammation in vivoN K Mize
ALZA Corporation, Palo Alto, CA 94303, USA
Exp Dermatol 6:181-5. 1997..potential of an anti-inflammatory peptide (antiflammin 1) to reduce irritation when delivered transdermally by iontophoresis was examined...
- Facilitated skin penetration of lidocaine: combination of a short-term iontophoresis and microemulsion formulationAmnon C Sintov
Department of Pharmacology and School of Pharmacy, E D Bergmann Campus, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, P O Box 653, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Int J Pharm 316:58-67. 2006The objective of this study was to demonstrate the potential of the application of a short-term iontophoresis on the topical delivery of lidocaine hydrochloride from a microemulsion-based system...
- Use of electroporation and reverse iontophoresis for extraction of transdermal multibiomarkersCongo Tak Shing Ching
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Chi Nan University, Puli, NanTou County
Int J Nanomedicine 7:885-94. 2012..It is well known that reverse iontophoresis can enhance transdermal extraction of small molecules, and even large molecules if reverse iontophoresis is ..
- A novel method to enhance the efficiency of drug transdermal iontophoresis delivery by using complexes of drug and ion-exchange fibersChe Xin
School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, China
Int J Pharm 428:68-75. 2012..that there is an enhancement of drug across rat skin by ion-exchange fibers in ion-exchange fibers assisted iontophoresis. The present study has demonstrated the potential of a new approach using ion-exchange fibers to enhance ..
- In vivo transdermal delivery of leuprolide using microneedles and iontophoresisVishal Sachdeva
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Mercer University, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 14:180-93. 2013The objective of this study was to investigate the use of iontophoresis and/or microneedles to enhance transdermal delivery of leuprolide acetate in vivo in hairless rats...
- Iontophoresis-mediated transdermal permeation of peptide dendrimers across human epidermisS Mutalik
Department of Pharmaceutics, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal University, Manipal, India
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 26:127-38. 2013The overall aim of the present work was to elucidate the effects of iontophoresis on assisting permeation/deposition of peptide dendrimers across/within human skin.
- Zinc sulphate administered by transdermal iontophoresis improves breaking strength of surgical wounds in skin of alloxan-induced diabetic ratsLucas Langoni Cassettari
Postgraduate Program in General Basis of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Sao Paulo State University, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 28:601-6. 2013To investigate the effect of zinc sulphate administered by transdermal iontophoresis (TDI) on mechanical resistance of surgical wounds performed in the skin of diabetic rats.
- A combination of nonionic surfactants and iontophoresis to enhance the transdermal drug delivery of ondansetron HCl and diltiazem HClSérgio M C Silva
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, Azinhaga de Santa Comba, Coimbra, Portugal
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 80:663-73. 2012..The enhancers are used alone, or in combination with iontophoresis (0.3 mA - 8h). After 1h of pre-treatment with 0...
- Transient hyperaemic response to assess vascular reactivity of skin: effect of locally iontophoresed acetylcholine, bradykinin, epinephrine and phenylephrineH Brown
University Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Br J Anaesth 90:446-51. 2003..We studied the effects of locally iontophoresed vasoactive agents on this response in 20 male volunteers...
- Enhanced transdermal delivery of AZT (Zidovudine) using iontophoresis and penetration enhancerS Y Oh
College of Pharmacy, Sookmyung Women s University, Seoul, Korea
J Control Release 51:161-8. 1998..When the donor side was karaya gum matrix, instead of solution, the flux enhancement effect by iontophoresis was much smaller...
- Improved stability and release control of levodopa and metaraminol using ion-exchange fibers and transdermal iontophoresisTarja Kankkunen
Department of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Technology Division and Viikki Drug Discovery Technology Center, University of Helsinki, PO Box 56, 00014, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Pharm Sci 16:273-80. 2002..Controlled transdermal delivery of the zwitterionic levodopa was attempted by iontophoresis and ion-exchange fiber...
- Contributions of electromigration and electroosmosis to peptide iontophoresis across intact and impaired skinNada Abla
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Geneva, 30 Quai Ernest Ansermet, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
J Control Release 108:319-30. 2005d-(Arg)-Kyotorphin iontophoresis was investigated across intact and impaired skins in vitro...
- Attenuation of axon reflexes to compound 48/80 after repeated iontophoresis of compound 48/80 in skin of the human forearmP D Drummond
School of Psychology, Murdoch University, Perth, Australia
Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol 16:263-70. 2003..In stage 1, compound 48/80 was administered by iontophoresis to a circular site in the forearm of 9 healthy men and 8 healthy women on four occasions spread over 24 h...
- Evaluation of constant current alternating current iontophoresis for transdermal drug deliveryGuang Yan
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, 84112, USA
J Control Release 110:141-50. 2005Previous studies in our laboratory have demonstrated that alternating current (AC) iontophoresis can significantly decrease skin electric resistance and enhance the transport of charged permeants across skin...
- Validation of a model of itch induction for brain positron emission tomography studies using histamine iontophoresisLaure Bergeret
INSERM, Imagerie Cérébrale et Handicaps Neurologiques UMR, CHU Purpan, France
Acta Derm Venereol 91:504-10. 2011..The technique of itch induction by histamine iontophoresis enables modulation of the sensation via the electrical charge applied...
- Lidocaine iontophoresis for topical anesthesia before dermatologic procedures in children: a randomized controlled trialWilliam T Zempsky
Department of Pediatrics, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Hartford, CT, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 20:364-8. 2003..Lidocaine iontophoresis is a method of topical anesthesia where lidocaine is driven into the skin under the influence of electric ..
- Effect of chemical enhancers and iontophoresis on thiocolchicoside permeation across rabbit and human skin in vitroMariella Artusi
Dipartimento Farmaceutico, University of Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze 27 A, 43100 Parma, Italy
J Pharm Sci 93:2431-8. 2004..The effect of the chemical enhancer lauric acid and the physical technique of iontophoresis was investigated. Permeation experiments were performed in vitro using rabbit ear skin as barrier...
- GABA, not glutamate, controls the activity of substantia nigra reticulata neurons in awake, unrestrained ratsFrancois Windels
Behavioral Neuroscience Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Neurosci 24:6751-4. 2004..To examine the role of these inputs, single-unit recording was coupled with iontophoresis of GLU and GABA in rats under two conditions: awake, unrestrained and under chloral hydrate anesthesia...
- A single-blinded comparative study between the use of glycolic acid 70% peel and the use of topical nanosome vitamin C iontophoresis in the treatment of melasmaRehab Mohamed Sobhi
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
J Cosmet Dermatol 11:65-71. 2012..Melasma is a common pigmentary disorder. Despite the availability of a wide range of skin-lightening treatments, melasma of skin remains a therapeutic challenge...
- Cathodal iontophoresis of treprostinil and iloprost induces a sustained increase in cutaneous flux in ratsS Blaise
INSERM ERI17, Grenoble Medical School, University Grenoble 1, Grenoble, France
Br J Pharmacol 162:557-65. 2011..The objective of this study was to test whether treprostinil, iloprost and epoprostenol can induce sustained vasodilatation in rats when delivered locally using cutaneous iontophoresis.
- Effects of iontophoresis current magnitude and duration on dexamethasone deposition and localized drug retentionCarter R Anderson
Birch Point Medical Inc, Oakdale, Minn 55128, USA
Phys Ther 83:161-70. 2003b>Iontophoresis is a process that uses bipolar electric fields to propel molecules across intact skin and into underlying tissue. The purpose of this study was to describe and experimentally examine an iontophoresis drug delivery model.
- Corneal nerves contain intra-axonal HSV-1 after virus reactivation by epinephrine iontophoresisL Rivera
Lions Eye Research Laboratories, Louisiana State University Medical Center School of Medicine, New Orleans
Curr Eye Res 7:1001-8. 1988..0 x 10(6) PFU/ml) in each eye. Beginning on postinfection day 82, ocular iontophoresis (0.8 mAmps for 8 min) of 0.01% epinephrine was done once a day for 3 consecutive days to induce reactivation...
- Effect of iontophoresis and permeation enhancers on the permeation of an acyclovir gelSubhash S Vaghani
Smt R B Patel Mahila, Atkot, Gujarat, India
Curr Drug Deliv 7:329-33. 2010The purpose of the present study was to explore the combined effect of chemical enhancers and iontophoresis on the in vitro permeation of acyclovir gel across porcine skin...
- Transdermal absorption of memantin--effect of chemical enhancers, iontophoresis, and role of enhancer lipophilicityS Del Rio-Sancho
Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidad CEU Cardenal Herrera, C Del Pozo S N 46115, Alfara del Patriarca Valencia, Spain
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 82:164-70. 2012..b>Iontophoresis exhibited the greatest ability to enhance the flux of drug with respect to the control; nevertheless, the ..
- Simultaneous, noninvasive, and transdermal extraction of urea and homocysteine by reverse iontophoresisCongo Tak Shing Ching
Graduate Institute of Biomedicine and Biomedical Technology, National Chi Nan University, Nantou, Taiwan
Int J Nanomedicine 6:417-23. 2011..This in vitro study aimed to determine whether homocysteine is extractable transdermally and noninvasively, and whether homocysteine and urea can be extracted simultaneously by reverse iontophoresis.
- Magnetic resonance imaging study of current and ion delivery into the eye during transscleral and transcorneal iontophoresisS Kevin Li
Department of Pharmaceutics, Utah Center for Advanced Imaging Research Radiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:1224-31. 2004..to determine by nuclear magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) the target sites of ion delivery in the eye during iontophoresis, compare transscleral and transcorneal ocular iontophoresis, and monitor the distribution of a probe ion in ..
- Lithium monitoring by reverse iontophoresis in vivoBenoît Leboulanger
School of Pharmacy and Department of Psychiatry, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Clin Chem 50:2091-100. 2004We investigated reverse transdermal iontophoresis as an alternative, noninvasive method for lithium monitoring in vivo...
- Evaluation of systemic microvascular endothelial function using laser speckle contrast imagingIvan Cordovil
National Institute of Cardiology INC, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Microvasc Res 83:376-9. 2012....
- Acute, local effects of iontophoresed insulin and C-peptide on cutaneous microvascular function in Type 1 diabetes mellitusC Delaney
International Diabetes Institute, 250 Kooyong Road, Caulfield, Victoria 3162, Australia
Diabet Med 21:428-33. 2004..There are no published data available examining physiological effects of C-peptide delivered in this way...
- Evaluation of dexamethasone phosphate delivered by ocular iontophoresis for treating noninfectious anterior uveitisAmy E Cohen
Eyegate Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Waltham, Massachusetts 02453, USA
Ophthalmology 119:66-73. 2012Determine safe, effective, iontophoretic dose(s) of EGP-437 (dexamethasone phosphate formulated for iontophoresis) in patients with noninfectious anterior uveitis; evaluate systemic drug exposures.
- Effect of lactic acid and iontophoresis on drug permeation across rabbit ear skinP Sebastiani
Dipartimento Farmaceutico, University of Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze, 43100 Parma, Italy
Int J Pharm 292:119-26. 2005..We also explored the association of lactic acid and iontophoresis as a means of enhancing drug delivery...
- Effect and persistency of botulinum toxin iontophoresis in the treatment of palmar hyperhidrosisSanaz Davarian
Faculty of Rehabilitation, Shaheed Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Iran
Australas J Dermatol 49:75-9. 2008The purpose of this study was to investigate the efficacy and persistence of the hypohidrosis induced by iontophoresis of botulinum toxin type A in patients with palmar hyperhidrosis...
- Current-induced vasodilation during water iontophoresis (5 min, 0.10 mA) is delayed from current onset and involves aspirin sensitive mechanismsS Durand
Laboratory of Physiology, University Hospital, Angers, France
J Vasc Res 39:59-71. 2002Study of the microcirculation by iontophoresis is potentially confounded by any non-specific effects of current application...
- Beta-blockade with nebivolol enhances the acetylcholine-induced cutaneous vasodilationS Kubli
Division of Clinical Pathophysiology and Medical Teaching, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 69:238-44. 2001..and 3 hours after drug administration, the forearm skin blood flow response to acetylcholine applied by iontophoresis was determined with the use of a laser Doppler scanner imaging system...
- Lidocaine transport through a cellophane membrane by alternating current iontophoresis with a duty cycleShizuka Hayashi
Section of Anesthesiology and Clinical Physiology, Department of Oral Restitution, Division of Oral Health Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45, Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
Bioelectrochemistry 74:315-22. 2009..The higher voltages and duty cycles induced a pH change. The practical electrical conditions which are preferable for clinical application were 10 V with a 70% duty cycle or 20 V with a 60% duty cycle...
- Evaluation of a low-dose lidocaine iontophoresis system for topical anesthesia in adults and children: a randomized, controlled trialWilliam T Zempsky
University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Connecticut Children s Medical Center, Hartford, CT 06106, USA
Clin Ther 26:1110-9. 2004..A new low-dose lidocaine iontophoresis system (LDLIS) may provide topical anesthesia in 10 minutes at a lower dose than previous systems, thereby ..
- Prostaglandins participate in the late phase of the vascular response to acetylcholine iontophoresis in humansS Durand
Laboratory of Vascular Investigations, University Hospital, 49033 Angers Cedex, France
J Physiol 561:811-9. 2004The participation of prostaglandins (PGs) in the cutaneous vasodilatation to acetylcholine (ACh) applied via iontophoresis is under debate...
- Comparative reproducibility of dermal microvascular blood flow changes in response to acetylcholine iontophoresis, hyperthermia and reactive hyperaemiaSharad C Agarwal
Departments of Cardiology, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne NE77DN, UK
Physiol Meas 31:1-11. 2010..Various studies have used microvascular changes in response to these stimuli, especially ACh iontophoresis and local heating, as a surrogate marker of endothelial function...
- Topical delivery of active principles: the field of dermatological researchMassimiliano Nino
Department of Systematic Pathology, Section of Dermatology, Naples, Italy
Dermatol Online J 16:4. 2010..The main physical techniques that increase cutaneous penetration of substances are: iontophoresis (that increases the penetration of ionized substances), electroporation (that electrically induces penetration ..
- A mechanism of the high frequency AC iontophoresisT Shibaji
Department of Dental Anesthesiology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Control Release 73:37-47. 2001The efficiency and the voltage dependence of the AC iontophoresis were studied in vitro...
- Improved techniques for examining rapid dopamine signaling with iontophoresisNatalie Rios Herr
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Department of Chemistry, CB 3290, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3290, USA
Front Biosci (Elite Ed) 5:249-57. 2013..The drugs are ejected by iontophoresis in which an electrical current forces the movement of molecules by a combination of electrical migration and ..
- Vasodilator iontophoresis a possible new therapy for digital ischaemia in systemic sclerosis?A K Murray
Rheumatic Diseases Centre, Hope Hospital, Salford M6 8HD, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:76-9. 2008This study investigated whether whole finger vasodilator iontophoresis increases digital blood flow in patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc): If so, this might indicate a novel approach to therapy.
- Possible therapeutic use of vasodilator iontophoresisAndrea K Murray
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Laser Photonics Group, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
Microvasc Res 69:89-94. 2005..The current treatment of choice for scleroderma-related critical digital ischaemia and/or ulceration is intravenous prostanoid therapy, necessitating hospitalisation. However, iloprost is often poorly tolerated and may be ineffective...
- Oral sildenafil increases skin hyperaemia induced by iontophoresis of sodium nitroprusside in healthy volunteersS Blaise
Inserm CIC3, Grenoble Clinical Research Center, Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Br J Pharmacol 160:1128-34. 2010..we tested whether sildenafil, alone or combined with local sodium nitroprusside (SNP) delivered through skin iontophoresis, increased forearm cutaneous blood conductance in healthy volunteers, and to assess how well this combination ..
- Iontophoresis: a non-invasive ocular drug deliveryEsther Eljarrat-Binstock
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
J Control Release 110:479-89. 2006b>Iontophoresis as a non-invasive technique for ocular drug delivery has been investigated for many years...
- Noninvasive and efficient transdermal delivery of CpG-oligodeoxynucleotide for cancer immunotherapyKaoru Kigasawa
Graduate School of Life Science, Hokkaido University, Kita 12 Nishi 6, Kita ku, Sapporo City, Hokkaido 060 0812 Japan
J Control Release 150:256-65. 2011..previously demonstrated that small interfering RNA (siRNA) was efficiently delivered into rat epidermis by iontophoresis. In this report, we investigate the effect of transdermal iontophoretic delivery of CpG-ODN on the induction ..
- Non-invasive and transdermal measurement of blood uric acid level in human by electroporation and reverse iontophoresisChih Kuei Lee
Hopkins Health Management Center, Puli Christian Hospital, Nantou, Taiwan, Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 5:991-7. 2010The aim of this study was to find out the optimum combination of electroporation (EP) and reverse iontophoresis (RI) on noninvasive and transdermal determination of blood uric acid level in humans...
- Reproducibility of cutaneous microvascular function assessment using laser Doppler flowmetry and acetylcholine iontophoresisK A Brocx
School of Psychology, Murdoch University, Perth, W A, Australia
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 22:313-21. 2009To investigate the reproducibility of direct and axon-reflex vasodilator responses to increasing doses of acetylcholine administered transcutaneously by iontophoresis.
- Laser Doppler assessment of dermal circulatory changes in people with coronary artery diseaseSharad C Agarwal
Department of Cardiology, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Microvasc Res 84:55-9. 2012..We studied and compared microcirculatory changes in response to acetylcholine iontophoresis (ACh), local heating of the skin and reactive hyperaemia in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD).
- Pentazocine transport by square-wave AC iontophoresis with an adjusted duty cycleSaori Ogami
Section of Anesthesiology and Clinical Physiology, Department of Oral Restitution, Division of Oral Health Science, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8549, Japan
J Med Dent Sci 55:15-27. 2008So far, pentazocine iontophoresis has never been studied, although pentazocine is widely used in pain management...
- Botulinum toxin type A by iontophoresis for primary palmar hyperhidrosisGina M Kavanagh
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:S115-7. 2006
- Transdermal delivery of interferon alpha-2B using microporation and iontophoresis in hairless ratsAdvait V Badkar
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Mercer University, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Pharm Res 24:1389-95. 2007To demonstrate transdermal delivery of interferon alpha-2b (IFNalpha2b) in hairless rats through aqueous microchannels (micropores) created in the skin and enhanced by iontophoresis.
- Repeatability of the evaluation of systemic microvascular endothelial function using laser doppler perfusion monitoring: clinical and statistical implicationsEduardo Tibirica
Diabetes Unit, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 66:599-605. 2011..We investigated the day-to-day repeatability of measures of systemic microvascular reactivity using laser Doppler perfusion monitoring...
- Influence of vehicle resistance on transdermal iontophoretic delivery of acetylcholine and sodium nitroprusside in humansFaisel Khan
Vascular Diseases Research Unit, Institute of Cardiovascular Research, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, United Kingdom
J Appl Physiol (1985) 97:883-7. 2004b>Iontophoresis is a valuable method of noninvasive drug delivery for assessment of skin microvascular function, but it is important to consider and minimize its potential nonspecific electrical effects on blood flow...
- Assessment of the "skin reservoir" of urea by confocal Raman microspectroscopy and reverse iontophoresis in vivoValentine Wascotte
Unite de Pharmacie Galenique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, avenue E Mounier, UCL 7320, 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Pharm Res 24:1897-901. 2007To demonstrate the "skin reservoir" of urea by confocal Raman microspectroscopy in vivo and to evaluate its impact on the non-invasive monitoring of the analyte by reverse iontophoresis.
- Non-invasive monitoring of phenytoin by reverse iontophoresisBenoît Leboulanger
School of Pharmacy, University of Geneva, 30 Quai Ernest Ansermet, CH 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Eur J Pharm Sci 22:427-33. 2004Transdermal iontophoresis offers a non-invasive sampling method for therapeutic drug monitoring...
- Topical iontophoresis of valaciclovir hydrochloride improves cutaneous aciclovir deliveryNada Abla
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Geneva and University of Lausanne, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Pharm Res 23:1842-9. 2006To investigate the topical iontophoresis of valaciclovir (VCV) as a means to improve cutaneous aciclovir (ACV) delivery.
- Iodide iontophoresis as a treatment for dry eye syndromeJ Horwath-Winter
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University, Auenbruggerplatz 4, A 8036 Graz, Austria
Br J Ophthalmol 89:40-4. 2005..In this clinical trial the effectiveness of iodide iontophoresis and iodide application without current in moderate to severe dry eye patients was compared.
- Investigation into the potential of iontophoresis facilitated delivery of ketorolacSandip B Tiwari
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal 576119, Karnataka, India
Int J Pharm 260:93-103. 2003The potential for iontophoresis facilitated transdermal transport of ketorolac was investigated using rat skin...
- Post-iontophoresis transport of ibuprofen lysine across rabbit ear skinPatrizia Santi
Department of Pharmacy, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze, 27A, Parma 43100, Italy
Int J Pharm 266:69-75. 2003The aim of this work was to study in vitro the post-iontophoresis transport of ibuprofen lysine across rabbit ear skin, from ibuprofen lysine water solutions (20-200 mg/ml and pH 6.8-7.8). Current densities of 0.125, 0.25, and 0...
- "ChilDrive": a technique of combining regional cutaneous hypothermia with iontophoresis for the delivery of drugs to synovial fluidSrinivasa M Sammeta
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, The University of Mississippi, University, Mississippi 38677, USA
Pharm Res 26:2535-40. 2009..CD is a technique of transdermal delivery of drugs combining regional hypothermia and iontophoresis.
- Endothelial-dependent vasodilation is impaired in patients with systemic sclerosis, as assessed by low dose iontophoresisM E Anderson
Clin Exp Rheumatol 21:403. 2003
- Non-invasive diagnosis and monitoring of chronic kidney disease by reverse iontophoresis of urea in vivoValentine Wascotte
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Unite de Pharmacie Galenique, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:1077-82. 2008Reverse iontophoresis uses a small current to extract molecules and ions through the skin...
- Carbon nanotube composites for glucose biosensor incorporated with reverse iontophoresis function for noninvasive glucose monitoringTai Ping Sun
Department of Electrical Engineering, Graduate Institute of Biomedicine and Biomedical Technology, National Chi Nan University, Nantou, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Nanomedicine 5:343-9. 2010This study aims to develop an amperometric glucose biosensor, based on carbon nanotubes material for reverse iontophoresis, fabricated by immobilizing a mixture of glucose oxidase (GOD) and multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNT) epoxy-..
- High-resolution iontophoresis for single-synapse stimulationJonathan G Murnick
Department of Biology, RIKEN MIT Neuroscience Research Center, Center for Learning and Memory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Neurosci Methods 116:65-75. 2002..We modify the technique of iontophoresis to use a 0...
- Photodynamic Therapy of Localized InfectionsMichael R Hamblin; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will explore te use of iontophoresis and electroporation singly and in combination to deliver antimicrobial PS (and iodide) into ex vivo pigskin ..
- Delivery of biologically active nucleic acids to epidermal cellsROGER L contact KASPAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..devices to compare delivery methods that include, but need not be limited to: electroporation, sonoporation, iontophoresis, liquid jets, microneedles and topical formulations. The work and discoveries made by the major U.S...
- Gated Carbon Nanotube Membrane Transdermal Drug DeliveryBRUCE JACKSON HINDS; Fiscal Year: 2013..20/sq.ft. This membrane would also be expected to have minimal skin irritation potential as compared to iontophoresis, the current non-invasive programmable drug delivery method that could eventually compete with this system on ..
- Evaluation of siRNA uptake and functional activity in a human organotypic skin moRoger L Kaspar; Fiscal Year: 2010..be used in combination with our stratum corneum delivery technologies (GeneCream, microneedle arrays and/or iontophoresis)...
- Novel Method for the Ocular Iontophoretic Delivery of Avastin and LucentisWilliam I Higuchi; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Iontophoresis is a method of using a mild electrical current to enhance the penetration of a drug through tissue...
- Bias in auditory spatiotemporal receptive fields: computational and functional imYunyan Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..RF dynamics and direction-selectivity measured with real sound motion and testing local inhibitory networks by iontophoresis of inhibitory transmitter blockers...
- Characterization of the Role of Histamine in Children with AsthmaBridgette L Jones; Fiscal Year: 2013..to histamine in children with allergic asthma and children with non-allergic asthma, measured by histamine iontophoresis with laser Doppler (HILD) monitoring, to determine potential phenotype-associated differences in the ..
- ELECTROANALYSIS OF NEUROTRANSMITTERS AND MODULATORSROBERT MARK WIGHTMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..5. Iontophoresis coupled with voltammetry...
- DYNAMICS OF IN VIVO DOPAMINE RELEASEROBERT MARK WIGHTMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal has the following aims. 1. Characterize the spatial and temporal characteristics of iontophoresis. During the previous project period we characterized iontophoresis and revealed that it has a major ..
- A non-invasive nanotechnology-based skin patch for multiplexed diagnosticsLANCE ALLEN LIOTTA; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will collect sweat from healthy volunteers under IRB approval using an FDA approved iontophoresis sampling device used for electrolyte measurement...
- Combined Voltammetry/Electrophysiology in Behaving RatsRegina M Carelli; Fiscal Year: 2013..aversive (quinine) tastant. Aim 4 will expand that study and apply our improved iontophoresis method in conjunction with the combined voltammetry/electrophysiology technology to determine potential causal ..
- SPINAL NEURON EXCITABILITY DURING VOLUNTARY MOVEMENTSteve I Perlmutter; Fiscal Year: 2010..Inhibitory and neuromodulator inputs to spinal neurons will be manipulated with local iontophoresis of pharmacological agents that activate or block serotonin, noradrenaline, GABA or glycine receptors...
- Cellular Mechanisms Regulating VTA Dopamine NeuronsArthur C Riegel; Fiscal Year: 2010..in 2-photon microscopy, spinning confocal microscopy, photolysis, focal electrical stimulation, focal iontophoresis, and experimental models of chronic opioid administration...
- Nociceptor Maturation and Response to Peripheral InjuryCHARLES JEFFERY WOODBURY; Fiscal Year: 2013..characterized using a comprehensive suite of natural skin stimuli and then labeled in their entirety through iontophoresis of Neurobiotin...
- Ethanol action on glutamate induced pause in dopamine neuronsBrian E Bernier; Fiscal Year: 2010..In an in vitro brain slice preparation, stimulation of glutamatergic afferents or iontophoresis of aspartate onto DA neurons evokes an NMDA receptor-mediated burst followed by a metabotropic glutamate ..
- Neurovascular Structure and Function, Diabetic Neuropathy and Wound HealingAlexandra Hovaguimian; Fiscal Year: 2012..Neurovascular function will be assessed using acetylcholine iontophoresis to elicit the vasomotor axon-reflex and blood flow will be measured using laser doppler flowmetry...
- Role of GABA-A alpha1 in Locomotor Sensitization to EthanolSTEPHEN BOEHM; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will assess several electrophysiological parameters (GABA iontophoresis, electrically-evoked IPSCs, mlPSCs) in the VTA dopamine neurons of alpha1 knock-out, knock-in, and sensitized ..
- Role of TRPV Receptors and Endocannabinoids in Modulating Nociceptive SignalingSharleen Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2012..applicant has already had three years of experience in electrophysiology techniques, but behavioral and iontophoresis techniques will bring new challenges to this applicant, creating an opportunity to bring new directions and ..
- Role of opioid receptors in transmission of itch by spinothalamic tract neuronHANNAH ROSE MOSER; Fiscal Year: 2013..of antidromically identified, physiologically characterized STT neurons in anesthetized monkeys using iontophoresis and bath application techniques...
- IONTOPHORESIS OF ANTIVIRALS TO HERPES EYE INFECTIONSJames Hill; Fiscal Year: 1980b>Iontophoresis is a method for administering charged drugs; application of an electrical current assists penetration of drugs into surface tissues...
- ELECTRICALLY MODULATED SKIN DELIVERY OF BETA-BLOCKERSAjay Banga; Fiscal Year: 2000..In vitro studies will involve development of electrical parameters for iontophoresis alone (e.g., current density) or in combination with electroporation (e.g...
- Iontophoresis to Improve Nail Disease TreatmentKEVIN S LI; Fiscal Year: 2012..of human nail for iontophoretic transport, (2) to overcome this barrier for topical drug delivery with iontophoresis, and (3) to develop an iontophoresis system for the treatment of nail diseases...
- A NEW CHLORIDE SWEAT TEST FOR CYSTIC FIBROSIS SCREENINGWARREN WARWICK; Fiscal Year: 2004..three new methods of transporting pilocarpine to the sweat glands and comparing the results to the current iontophoresis method...
- Injury Induced Facilitated Neurogenic InflammationWade Kingery; Fiscal Year: 2006..A less invasive method will use cutaneous iontophoresis of substance P to evoke a facilitated vasodilatation response measured by laser Doppler...
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2009..Combinations of single unit recording, microinjections, behavioral testing and iontophoresis will beperformed to reveal the neurophysiological basisfor improgan antinociception...
- FUNCTIONAL HYPEREMIA--PERIPHERAL AND CENTRAL INTERACTIONSTEVEN SEGAL; Fiscal Year: 1992..In cheek pouch arterioles, propagated vasodilation (PVD) induced with acetylcholine iontophoresis has been defined as an increase in the diameter of resistance vessels at sites well removed from the initial ..
- DYNAMIC PROPERTIES OF ADULT VISUAL CORTEX--ROLE OF NOMichael Friedlander; Fiscal Year: 2003..this, we will drifting randomly, interleaved sine-wave grating stimuli in conjunction with multi-barrel iontophoresis of endogenous NO up-and/or down-regulating compounds and extracellular single-unit recording to locally modify ..
- NEUROTOXIC MECHANISM OF METHYLMERCURY POISONINGWILLIAM ATCHISON; Fiscal Year: 1992..chronically with MeHg? Intracellular microelectrode recordings including voltage clamp and quantitative iontophoresis will be made from the somatic neuromuscular junction of the rat and from mossy fiber/CA3 pyramidal cell ..
- Atrionodal Bundles:Histologic and Physiologic ValidationDARLENE RACKER; Fiscal Year: 2005..the ABs and the PAVB in human heart; 2) the myocyte evoking the AB potential and its electrical pathway after iontophoresis of Lucifer Yellow (LY); 3) transmission properties of the ABs during program stimulation of the ABs and SAN by ..
- LINEAGE AND CELL FATE SPECIFICATION IN EARLY EMBRYOSJO RENDER; Fiscal Year: 1992..This will be done by the micro-injection of fluorescent dextrans using iontophoresis into individual micromeres produced in the third through sixth cleavages...
- CELLULAR NEUROBIOLOGY OF ENDORPHINS: ROLE IN DRUG ABUSESteven Henriksen; Fiscal Year: 1992..of opiate alkaloids, opioid peptides and specific opiate receptor agonists (and antagonists) applied by local iontophoresis and micropneumatic methods, as well as by i.v. or i.p. systemic routes...
- Transdermal GnRH Delivery System to Treat InfertilityKenneth Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Sensor Technologies (AST) proposes to develop a wearable transdermal Pulse Patch that incorporates a micro-iontophoresis system, constructed using CMOS circuitry technology, and a polymer matrix electrolyte reservoir containing ..
- ANTI-SENSE OLIGONUCLEOTIDE THERAPY FOR HERPES KERATITISHarry Openshaw; Fiscal Year: 1990..The reactivation assay will involve epinephrine iontophoresis across the cornea with detection of HSV shedding in the tear film...
- ANALGESIC IONTOPHORESIS ON CNS PAIN PATHWAYSGLENN GATIPON; Fiscal Year: 1980..V. infusion and direct microiontophoretic application around the single neuron. The results will be used to quantify opiate and endorphin alterations of the neuronal code for pain used by CNS neurons...
- Field-induced pores formation during iontophoresisJagdish Singh; Fiscal Year: 2003..objective of the proposed research is to understand the mechanism of alteration in skin barrier properties by iontophoresis in order to develop transdermal drug delivery systems for macromolecules, including polypeptide hormones...
- MR and Iontophoretic Diffusion Measurements in BrainJan Hrabe; Fiscal Year: 2005..The Real-Time Iontophoresis (RTI) method also can be used to measure diffusion but only in the EC space...
- DOPAMINE NEURONS AND HEROIN REINFORCEMENTEUGENE KIYATKIN; Fiscal Year: 1999..Two advanced electrophysiological techniques, single-unit recording and iontophoresis in awake, behaving rats, are combined in the proposed project with intrevenous self-administration (SA) to ..
- IONTOPHORESIS OF ARA-AMP TO HERPES VIRUS LESIONSJames Hill; Fiscal Year: 1980..biochemical changes in ocular and nervous tissues from pre-infected and recovered rabbits which then receive iontophoresis of epinephrine to their eyes...
- Application of voltage-sensitive dye imaging in VIMatteo Carandini; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will induce these events with focal iontophoresis in V1 of gabazine, a selective GABAA antagonist...
- WOUND HEALING IN THE CORNEAL STROMATakayuki Nagasaki; Fiscal Year: 2003..The injury will consist of a small circular epithelial debridement or the introduction of hydrogen ions by iontophoresis over a 0.4 mm circle, both of which are reproducible...
- CNS interactions with hypoxia in OSAJerome Siegel; Fiscal Year: 2007..Chase will study the interaction of sleep state and hypoxia using intracellular recording and iontophoresis to compare CA1 and CA3 responses, investigate the role of glutamate, hypocretin and nitric oxide production in ..
- RAPID TRANSDERMAL DELIVERY OF PARATHYROID HORMONE(1-34)HARRY DELCHER; Fiscal Year: 2000..with the pores to achieve a delivery rate which is several orders of magnitude faster than conventional iontophoresis. The pharmacokinetics observed are more rapid than subcutaneous injection and without the undesirable depot ..
- NEEDLE FREE INSULIN INFUSION WITH THERMAL MICROPORATIONHARRY DELCHER; Fiscal Year: 2000..evaluate the feasibility of an insulin infusion system which combines the thermal microporation method with iontophoresis. This study will focus on determining initial delivery feasibility by monitoring both serum insulin, serum C-..
- VISUAL THALAMIC RETICULAR ACTIVATION IN AWAKE ANIMALSVICENTE MONTERO; Fiscal Year: 2001..1) Specific Aim 1: whether the activation or inactivation of the visual TRN by glutamate or GABA iontophoresis, respectively, increases or decreases the inhibitory surround of receptive fields in the rat dorsal lateral ..
- NEURAL BASIS OF AUDIO-VOCAL INTEGRATIONWalter Metzner; Fiscal Year: 2006..The antero- and retrograde projection patterns of PB will be determined by iontophoresis of neurotracers into PB...
- NETWORK INTERACTIONS IN RESPIRATORY NEURON POPULATIONSMORTON COHEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..excitatory and inhibitory transmitter actions on HFOs in different types of neurons will be studied by iontophoresis of agonists and antagonists on individual extracellularly recorded brainstem neurons and by analysis of ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF NEURONAL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION IN RETINAJOHN TOOTLE; Fiscal Year: 1991..The RGC will then be impaled by the micropipette and its morphology visualized by intracellular iontophoresis of HRP...
- EFFERENT PROJECTIONS FROM ACCESSORY OPTIC NUCLEIJohn Cotter; Fiscal Year: 1980..of the nuclei will be determined autoradiographically following stereotaxic placement of injection probes and iontophoresis of tritiated radioisotopes...
- EFFECTIVE SYNAPTIC CURRENTS IN MOTONEURONSMarc Binder; Fiscal Year: 2004..will examine the dendritic mechanisms affecting the transfer of synaptic current to the soma, using glutamate iontophoresis onto dendritic branches of rat hypoglossal motoneurons studied in vitro...
- HSV-1 LATENCY: IMMUNIZATION AND RECURRENT OCULAR DISEASEY Gordon; Fiscal Year: 1991..continue the study of the pharmacology of reactivation of latent HSV-1 in different animal species using the iontophoresis reactivation model...
- MECHANISMS OF IONTOPHORETIC DRUG DELIVERY ACROSS SKINRichard Guy; Fiscal Year: 1992..The focus of the proposal is to determine the feasibility and optimization of skin penetration enhancement by iontophoresis - the facilitation of (ionizable drug delivery across the skin by an applied electrical potential...
- MECHANISM OF DC AND PULSED IONTOPHORESISRonald Burnette; Fiscal Year: 1990..and manner by which transport enhancement will be investigated is by the application of a safe low voltage (iontophoresis) across excised human and nude mouse skin...
- Skin Bioengineering: Noninvasive Transdermal MonitoringRichard Guy; Fiscal Year: 2005..advances envisaged will allow broad, 'mass-screening' of the substances extracted (and extractable) by reverse iontophoresis revealing additional opportunities for the approach...
- GORDON CONFERENCE--BARRIER PROPERTIES OF MAMMALIAN SKINGordon Flynn; Fiscal Year: 1993..g., peptides, anti-sense compounds, cytokines) by new techniques such as iontophoresis and electroporation...
- NEEDLE FREE INSULIN INFUSION WITH THERMAL MICROPORATIONAlan Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..the feasibility of an insulin infusion system which combines the thermal microporation method with iontophoresis. Phase II efforts will focus on patch design and insulin formulation to optimize the product as well as ..
- SEIZURE MECHANISMS IN NEOCORTEXWilliam Spain; Fiscal Year: 1991..Some studies will also use specific channel blocker, ionic substitutions and iontophoresis of neurotransmitters...
- Transdermal Patch for Pulsatile Nicotine DeliveryKenneth Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..to develop a non-invasive methodology to deliver nicotine, transdermally, in a truly pulsatile manner using iontophoresis. Scientific evidence suggests that following a cessation regimen that replicates the plasma nicotine levels ..
- Cutaneous DNA immunization with polymer-nanoparticlesKrishnendu Roy; Fiscal Year: 2003..the efficacy of particle transport and dendritic cell uptake following delivery with chemical enhancers and iontophoresis and (c) immune response against the encoded antigen following cutaneous application with a patch...
- OPIOID DEPRESSION OF RESPIRATORY NEURONSPETER LALLEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..It will also test a new method that may alleviate opioid-induced depression of respiration without affecting analgesia, and counteract respiratory depression by overdose of opioids. ..
- A Novel and Non-Invasive Method of Dermal SamplingSamir Mitragotri; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Cutaneous Gene Therapy with Ultrasound: DNA VaccinationSamir Mitragotri; Fiscal Year: 2006..3. Using an in vitro model, Epiderm, and in vivo mouse model, assess safety of skin exposure to low-frequency ultrasound. ..
- MECHANISMS OF CUTANEOUS ACTIVE VASODILATIONDean Kellogg; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, intradermal microdialysis will be combined with measurements of bioavailable NO by NO-selective amperometric electrode to define further how the NO system functions in cutaneous active vasodilation. ..