Genomes and Genes
Summary: Forceful administration into a muscle of liquid medication, nutrient, or other fluid through a hollow needle piercing the muscle and any tissue covering it.
Publications287 found, 100 shown here
- Olanzapine long-acting injection: a 24-week, randomized, double-blind trial of maintenance treatment in patients with schizophreniaJohn M Kane
Department of Psychiatry, Zucker Hillside Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 75 59 263rd St, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Am J Psychiatry 167:181-9. 2010..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of olanzapine long-acting injection for maintenance treatment of schizophrenia...
- Administration of HPV DNA vaccine via electroporation elicits the strongest CD8+ T cell immune responses compared to intramuscular injection and intradermal gene gun deliverySimon R Best
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Vaccine 27:5450-9. 2009..We conclude that electroporation is a promising method for delivery of HPV DNA vaccines and should be considered for DNA vaccine delivery in human clinical trials...
- Desmin is essential for the tensile strength and integrity of myofibrils but not for myogenic commitment, differentiation, and fusion of skeletal muscleZ Li
Station Centrale de Microscopie Electronique, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Cell Biol 139:129-44. 1997..The results presented here show that desmin is essential to maintain the structural integrity of highly solicited skeletal muscle...
- A role for anabolic steroids in the rehabilitation of patients with COPD? A double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trialEva C Creutzberg
Department of Pulmonology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Chest 124:1733-42. 2003..Anabolic steroids could be an additional mode of intervention to improve outcome of pulmonary rehabilitation by increasing physiologic functioning, possibly mediated by increasing erythropoietic function...
- Intramuscular bioavailability and clinical efficacy of artesunate in gabonese children with severe malariaClaire Nealon
Department of Infectious Diseases, St George s Hospital Medical School, London SW17 ORE, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3933-9. 2002..001 to 1.58 liters/kg/min). There were no major adverse events attributable to ARS. Parasite clearance kinetics were comparable between the two treatment groups. These results support the use of i.m. ARS in children with severe malaria...
- Post-injection delirium/sedation syndrome in patients with schizophrenia treated with olanzapine long-acting injection, I: analysis of casesHolland C Detke
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
BMC Psychiatry 10:43. 2010..During clinical trials, a post-injection syndrome characterized by signs of delirium and/or excessive sedation was identified in a small percentage of patients following injection with olanzapine LAI...
- Effective exon skipping and restoration of dystrophin expression by peptide nucleic acid antisense oligonucleotides in mdx miceHaiFang Yin
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Mol Ther 16:38-45. 2008..Furthermore, single intramuscular injections of PNA and all PNA-peptide conjugates resulted in significant numbers of dystrophin-positive fibers in ..
- Comparison of fulvestrant versus tamoxifen for the treatment of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women previously untreated with endocrine therapy: a multinational, double-blind, randomized trialAnthony Howell
Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, UK
J Clin Oncol 22:1605-13. 2004....
- Influenza virus: immunity and vaccination strategies. Comparison of the immune response to inactivated and live, attenuated influenza vaccinesR J Cox
Influenza Research Centre Broegelmann Research Laboratory, The Gade Institute, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Scand J Immunol 59:1-15. 2004..In contrast, the CAV may elicit a long-lasting, broader immune (humoral and cellular) response, which more closely resembles natural immunity. The immune response induced by these two vaccines will be compared in this review...
- Pharmacokinetics of doxycycline after administration as a single intravenous bolus and intramuscular doses to non-lactating Egyptian goatsA M Abd El-Aty
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, 12515 Giza, Egypt
Pharmacol Res 49:487-91. 2004..The extent of serum protein binding percent was 32.8% and the systemic bioavailability was 99.40% after i.m. injection of 5 mg kg-1 BW..
- Unilateral intramuscular injections of acidic saline produce a bilateral, long-lasting hyperalgesiaK A Sluka
Physical Therapy Graduate Program, 2600 Steindler Bldg, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Muscle Nerve 24:37-46. 2001This study characterizes an animal model of persistent mechanical hyperalgesia induced by repeated intramuscular injections of low pH saline. Saline at pH 4, 5, 6, or 7...
- Activation of NMDA receptors in the brainstem, rostral ventromedial medulla, and nucleus reticularis gigantocellularis mediates mechanical hyperalgesia produced by repeated intramuscular injections of acidic saline in ratsLuis F Da Silva
Graduate Program in Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences, Neuroscience Graduate Program, Pain Research Program, The University of Iowa, Iowa City
J Pain 11:378-87. 2010..of the NMDA receptors in the RVM and NGC in muscle and cutaneous hypersensitivity induced by repeated intramuscular injections of acidic saline...
- Post-injection delirium/sedation syndrome in patients with schizophrenia treated with olanzapine long-acting injection, II: investigations of mechanismDavid P McDonnell
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
BMC Psychiatry 10:45. 2010..The authors conducted a series of parallel investigations into the possible reasons PDSS events occur...
- A double-blind, randomized comparison of the efficacy and safety of intramuscular injections of olanzapine, lorazepam, or placebo in treating acutely agitated patients diagnosed with bipolar maniaK Meehan
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:389-97. 2001..These findings suggest that intramuscular olanzapine is a safe and effective treatment for reducing acute agitation in patients with bipolar mania...
- Nerve injuries following intramuscular injections: a clinical and neurophysiological study from Northwest IndiaJeyaraj Durai Pandian
Department of Neurology, Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, Punjab, India
J Peripher Nerv Syst 11:165-71. 2006In developing countries, injections are frequently used to treat common ailments. Intramuscular injections (IMI) may damage peripheral nerves at the site of injection...
- Evidence for the use of intramuscular injections in outpatient practiceMark Shatsky
Providence Medical Group, Portland, Oregon, USA
Am Fam Physician 79:297-300. 2009..For other indications, the intramuscular route should be considered only when the delivery of a medication must be confirmed, such as when a patient cannot tolerate an oral medication, or when compliance is uncertain...
- An 8-week, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study of olanzapine long-acting injection in acutely ill patients with schizophreniaJohn Lauriello
Department of Psychiatry, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 001, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:790-9. 2008..To examine the efficacy and tolerability of a new injectable formulation of olanzapine, olanzapine long-acting injection (LAI), relative to placebo for treatment of acutely ill patients with schizophrenia...
- [Body building aided by intramuscular injections of walnut oil]I C Munch
Sygehus Vestsjaelland, ortopaedkirurgisk afdeling
Ugeskr Laeger 163:6758. 2001..Injections of oil may cause foreign body reactions, leading to tumours named according to the injected material; e.g. paraffinoma, oleoma. Systemic distribution has been reported to result in pulmonary complications...
- The use of botulinum toxin in the treatment of headachesAlexander Mauskop
New York Headache Center, 30 East 76th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 6:320-3. 2002..This makes botulinum toxin a preferred treatment for many patients. The large controlled trials that are underway may lead to a wider acceptance of this treatment by neurologists and pain specialists...
- Comparison of the selection of antimicrobial resistance in fecal Escherichia coli during enrofloxacin administration with a local drug delivery system or with intramuscular injections in a swine modelRomain Béraud
Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal
Can J Vet Res 72:311-9. 2008..This could represent another advantage of LDDS usage compared to long-lasting systemic administration of fluoroquinolones...
- Dystrophin expression in the mdx mouse after localised and systemic administration of a morpholino antisense oligonucleotideSusan Fletcher
Experimental Molecular Medicine Group, Centre for Neuromuscular and Neurological Disorders, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Perth, Western Australia, 6097
J Gene Med 8:207-16. 2006..The antisense oligonucleotide chemistry most widely used to alter pre-mRNA processing is 2'-O-methyl-modified bases on a phosphorothioate backbone...
- Correlates of pediatric behavior and distress during intramuscular injections for invasive dental proceduresLindsey L Cohen
Department of Psychology, Georgia State University, 1102 Urban Life, 140 Decatur Street, Atlanta, GA 30302 5010, USA
J Clin Pediatr Dent 31:44-7. 2006..behavior, temperament, and procedure-related behavior and distress were examined in children receiving intramuscular injections before undergoing restorative dental procedures...
- Botulinum toxin type A as an effective prophylactic treatment in primary headache disordersAndrew Blumenfeld
San Diego, CA 92130, USA
Headache 43:853-60. 2003..To measure the effect of botulinum toxin type A (Botox, Allergan, Inc, Irvine, CA) treatment in 271 patients diagnosed with headache in accordance with International Headache Society (IHS) criteria...
- Electric pulses applied prior to intramuscular DNA vaccination greatly improve the vaccine immunogenicityBaowei Peng
School of Pharmacy, Shanghai Jiaotong University, 1954 Hua Shan Rd, Shanghai 200030, PR China
Vaccine 25:2064-73. 2007..Based on these observations, we proposed that the local inflammation resulted from EP treatment played an important role in facilitating antigen presentation of the DNA vaccines...
- Botulinum toxin type A for migraine prophylaxis in the Japanese population: an open-label prospective trialKosuke Suzuki
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Kitasato University, Sagamihara
Intern Med 46:959-63. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of Botulinum Toxin Type A (BoNT-A) for migraine prophylaxis...
- Outbreak of Mycobacterium massiliense infection associated with intramuscular injectionsHee Youn Kim
Department of Microbiology, Cancer Research Institute, Institute of Endemic Diseases, SNUMRC, Korea
J Clin Microbiol 45:3127-30. 2007Twelve strains of a rapidly growing Mycobacterium species were isolated from an outbreak associated with intramuscular injections of an antimicrobial agent and were identified by comparative sequence analysis of rpoB and hsp65...
- Botulinum toxin type A for the prophylactic treatment of chronic daily headache: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialStephen D Silberstein
Jefferson Headache Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 80:1126-37. 2005..To identify a treatment-responsive population for botulinum toxin type A (BoNTA) and to evaluate the safety and efficacy of 3 different doses of BoNTA as prophylactic treatment of chronic daily headache (CDH)...
- Testosterone replacement in hypogonadal men with angina improves ischaemic threshold and quality of lifeC J Malkin
Department of Cardiology, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield S10 2JF, UK
Heart 90:871-6. 2004..Testosterone has been reported to improve symptoms of angina and delay time to ischaemic threshold in unselected men with coronary disease...
- Treatment of chronic tension-type headache with botulinum toxin: a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trialM Padberg
Department of Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology, Leyenburg Hospital, The Hague, The Netherlands
Cephalalgia 24:675-80. 2004..Botulinum toxin was not proven effective in treatment of chronic tension-type headache. Increased muscle tenderness might not be as important in pathophysiology of chronic tension-type headache as hitherto believed...
- Botulinum toxin therapy of migraine and tension-type headache: comparing different botulinum toxin preparationsW J Schulte-Mattler
Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Eur J Neurol 13:51-4. 2006..Experience with botulinum toxin type B (Myobloc/NeuroBloc) is limited and similar to the experience with the type A. Thus, a widespread use of botulinum toxin therapy in headache can currently not be recommended...
- Multifunctional T-cell characteristics induced by a polyvalent DNA prime/protein boost human immunodeficiency virus type 1 vaccine regimen given to healthy adults are dependent on the route and dose of administrationAnju Bansal
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Virol 82:6458-69. 2008..These findings demonstrate that the route and dose of DNA vaccines significantly impact the quality of immune responses, yielding important information for future vaccine design...
- Botulinum toxin for the treatment of headaches: a review of current practices and evidence based-dataYesim Ates
Ankara University Medical Faculty, Department Of Anesthesiology and Reanimation and Algology, Ankara, Turkey
Agri 18:5-11. 2006..In this manuscript use of botulinum toxin is reviewed with special emphasize on its mechanism of effect, injection techniques and recent evidence-based data...
- Safety and immunogenicity of adenovirus-vectored near-consensus HIV type 1 clade B gag vaccines in healthy adultsClayton D Harro
Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 25:103-14. 2009..Preexistent and/or vaccine-induced immunity to the Ad5 vector may dampen the CMI response to HIV Gag...
- Pharmacokinetics (PK), pharmacodynamics (PD), and PK-PD integration of danofloxacin in sheep biological fluidsF Shojaee Aliabadi
Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Campus, North Mymms, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:626-35. 2003..8, 20.2, and 28.7 h, and slightly higher values were obtained for transudate and exudate. It is proposed that use of these data might provide a novel approach to the rational design of dosage schedules...
- Immunogenicity and safety of intradermal influenza immunization at a reduced dose in healthy childrenSusan S Chiu
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Pediatrics 119:1076-82. 2007..We conducted this study to test the hypothesis that intradermal influenza vaccination at one fifth of a standard dose elicits comparable immunogenicity to full-dose intramuscular vaccination in children...
- Tetracycline transcriptional silencer tightly controls transgene expression after in vivo intramuscular electrotransfer: application to interleukin 10 therapy in experimental arthritisNorma Perez
Genethon, CNRS URA 1923, 91000 Evry, France
Hum Gene Ther 13:2161-72. 2002..We conclude that the use of tTS significantly improves the utility of the rtTA system for somatic gene transfer by reducing background activity...
- Paradoxical use of frontalis muscle and the possible role of botulinum a toxin in permanent motor relearningGuy J Ben Simon
Jules Stein Eye Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Ophthalmology 112:918-22. 2005..Successful treatment with botulinum A toxin facilitated motor relearning and cessation of muscle contraction...
- A nonionic amphiphile agent promotes gene delivery in vivo to skeletal and cardiac musclesBruno Pitard
INSERM U533, Faculte de Medecine, 44000 Nantes, France
Hum Gene Ther 13:1767-75. 2002..We propose that the PE6400 formulation could serve for the treatment of diseases primarily affecting muscle or for the expression of therapeutic proteins for local or systemic benefit...
- Direct priming and cross-priming contribute differentially to the induction of CD8+ CTL following exposure to vaccinia virus via different routesXuefei Shen
Program in Biochemistry, Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Immunol 169:4222-9. 2002..c. or intradermal infection. Thus, classic MHC class I Ag presentation and cross-priming contribute differentially to the induction of CD8(+) CTLs following exposure to vaccinia virus via different routes...
- Antibody responses after dose-sparing intradermal influenza vaccinationPrasert Auewarakul
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Vaccine 25:659-63. 2007....
- Comparative immunogenicity of trivalent influenza vaccine administered by intradermal or intramuscular route in healthy adultsRobert B Belshe
Saint Louis University Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63110, United States
Vaccine 25:6755-63. 2007..ID route was not superior to IM vaccine at inducing antibodies. ID vaccine induced significantly more local inflammatory response than IM vaccine...
- A review of the safety and efficacy of droperidol for the rapid sedation of severely agitated and violent patientsJohn H Shale
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:500-5. 2003..However, several recent articles have suggested that droperidol may have a quinidine-like effect similar to that of thioridazine in inducing dysrhythmia...
- Intramuscular penicillin is more effective than oral penicillin in secondary prevention of rheumatic fever--a systematic reviewJuliet Manyemba
Clinical Age Research Unit, Guy s, King s and St Thomas s School of Medicine, King s College Hospital, London
S Afr Med J 93:212-8. 2003..Giving penicillin to these people can prevent recurrent attacks of RF and subsequent rheumatic heart disease. However, there is no agreement on the most effective method of giving penicillin...
- Intramuscular injections into the buttocks: are they truly intramuscular?V O Chan
Department of Radiology, The Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland
Eur J Radiol 58:480-4. 2006..To radiologically determine if intramuscular (IM) injections into the buttocks are truly intramuscular...
- Promoter- and strain-selective enhancement of gene expression in a mouse skeletal muscle by a polymer excipient Pluronic P85Zhihui Yang
Center for Drug Delivery and Nanomedicine and Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 985830 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5830, USA
J Control Release 108:496-512. 2005..In addition Pluronic increased the number of DNA copies and thus affected initial stages of gene transfer in a promoter selective manner...
- Recombinant OprF-OprI as a vaccine against Pseudomonas aeruginosa infectionsU Baumann
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Abteilung Pädiatrische Pneumonologie und Neonatalogie, 30623 Hannover, Germany
Vaccine 22:840-7. 2004..We conclude that the newly developed vaccine may be suitable for protection of the main risk groups of P. aeruginosa infections. In particular, for the protection of burn patients and patients with cystic fibrosis...
- The safety and efficacy of dose-sparing intradermal administration of influenza vaccine in human immunodeficiency virus-positive patientsHomayoon Khanlou
Arch Intern Med 166:1417. 2006
- Combined effects of an anticoagulant and a lipid-lowering agent on the prevention of steroid-induced osteonecrosis in rabbitsGoro Motomura
Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 50:3387-91. 2004..To investigate the effects of combination treatment with an anticoagulant (warfarin) plus a lipid-lowering agent (probucol) on the prevention of steroid-induced osteonecrosis (ON) in rabbits...
- Comparative pharmacokinetics of intramuscular artesunate and artemether in patients with severe falciparum malariaT T Hien
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, 190 Ben Ham Tu, Quan 5, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:4234-9. 2004..These findings should be formally assessed by a randomized clinical trial...
- Dose sparing with intradermal injection of influenza vaccineRichard T Kenney
IOMAI, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2295-301. 2004..The loss of half the U.S. supply of influenza vaccine due to contamination has created a critical shortage. Dose-sparing strategies that use intradermal delivery of vaccines may be one approach to consider...
- Preclinical evaluation of microneedle technology for intradermal delivery of influenza vaccinesJason B Alarcon
BD Technologies, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:375-81. 2007..Altogether, the results demonstrate that microneedle-based i.d. delivery elicits antibody responses that are at least as strong as via i.m. injection and that, in many cases, dose sparing can be achieved by this new immunization method...
- Does obesity prevent the needle from reaching muscle in intramuscular injections?Ayten Zaybak
Department of Basic Nursing, School of Nursing, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
J Adv Nurs 58:552-6. 2007..measure subcutaneous tissue thickness at the dorsogluteal and ventrogluteal sites and to determine optimal needle length for dorsogluteal and ventrogluteal intramuscular injections in adults with a body mass index of more than 24.9 kg/m2.
- Early hypoglycaemia after accidental intramuscular injection of insulin glargineB Karges
University Children s Hospital, 1, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Diabet Med 22:1444-5. 2005..We studied a slim 24-year-old female with Type 1 diabetes who repeatedly experienced severe hypoglycaemia after switching from NPH insulin to insulin glargine at identical daily doses...
- DNA vaccines, combining form of antigen and method of delivery to raise a spectrum of IFN-gamma and IL-4-producing CD4+ and CD8+ T cellsAlp E Oran
Emory Vaccine Center and Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Immunol 171:1999-2005. 2003..Studies in B cell knockout and hen egg lysozyme Ig transgenic mice revealed that B cells were required for the generation of IL-4-producing CD8(+) T cells...
- Computed tomographic measurement of gluteal subcutaneous fat thickness in reference to failure of gluteal intramuscular injectionsBrent E Burbridge
Academic Department of Medical Imaging, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK
Can Assoc Radiol J 58:72-5. 2007..on computed tomography (CT) of the pelvis leads to the hypothesis that, in some individuals, intended intramuscular injections are not properly deposited in the gluteal muscle...
- Lack of an immune response against the tetracycline-dependent transactivator correlates with long-term doxycycline-regulated transgene expression in nonhuman primates after intramuscular injection of recombinant adeno-associated virusDavid Favre
INSERM ERM 0105, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire, Nantes, France
J Virol 76:11605-11. 2002..In addition, our results suggest potential improvements for vector design...
- Botox treatment in adductor spasmodic dysphonia: a meta-analysisFrank Boutsen
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Oklahoma, Norman, USA
J Speech Lang Hear Res 45:469-81. 2002..This result, together with methodological limitations and lack of standardization in BT efficacy research, justifies caution when making inferences regarding BT treatment benefit in adductor spasmodic dysphonia...
- Repeated intramuscular injections of testosterone undecanoate for substitution therapy in hypogonadal menE Nieschlag
Institute of Reproductive Medicine of the University, Munster, Germany
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 51:757-63. 1999..To investigate the suitability of intramuscular testosterone undecanoate (TU) injections for substitution therapy in hypogonadal men...
- Rapid tranquillisation in psychiatric emergency settings in India: pragmatic randomised controlled trial of intramuscular olanzapine versus intramuscular haloperidol plus promethazineNirmal S Raveendran
Department of Psychiatry, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
BMJ 335:865. 2007..To compare the effect of intramuscular olanzapine with intramuscular haloperidol plus promethazine on rapid tranquillisation of agitated or violent people with mental illness...
- A 4-mm needle reduces the risk of intramuscular injections without increasing backflow to skin surface in lean diabetic children and adultsNiels H Birkebaek
Diabetes Care 31:e65. 2008
- Rapid tranquillisation in psychiatric emergency settings in Brazil: pragmatic randomised controlled trial of intramuscular haloperidol versus intramuscular haloperidol plus promethazineGisele Huf
National Institute of Quality Control in Health INCQS, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation FIOCRUZ, Av Brasil 4365, Manguinhos, 21040 900, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
BMJ 335:869. 2007..To determine whether haloperidol alone results in swifter and safer tranquillisation and sedation than haloperidol plus promethazine...
- An angled insertion technique using 6-mm needles markedly reduces the risk of intramuscular injections in children and adolescentsP L Hofman
Liggins Institute, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Diabet Med 24:1400-5. 2007....
- Head-to-head comparison of four nonadjuvanted inactivated cell culture-derived influenza vaccines: effect of composition, spatial organization and immunization route on the immunogenicity in a murine challenge modelNiels Hagenaars
Department of Pharmaceutics, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, P O BOX 80082, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Vaccine 26:6555-63. 2008....
- Short needles (8 mm) reduce the risk of intramuscular injections in children with type 1 diabetesN Tubiana-Rufi
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, Robert Debre Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Diabetes Care 22:1621-5. 1999To study whether 8-mm needles can reduce the frequency of intramuscular injections in diabetic children.
- Direct administration of insulin into skeletal muscle reveals that the transport of insulin across the capillary endothelium limits the time course of insulin to activate glucose disposalJenny D Chiu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, 1333 San Pablo St, MMR 626, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Diabetes 57:828-35. 2008....
- Novel dry powder preparations of whole inactivated influenza virus for nasal vaccinationRobert J Garmise
School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, CB 7360 Kerr Hall Room 1310, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
AAPS PharmSciTech 8:E81. 2007..It was concluded that enhanced serum and mucosal antibody responses were elicited by a dry powder nasal vaccine, specifically, administered in the presence of sodium alginate...
- Unilateral versus bilateral injections of botulinum toxin in patients with adductor spasmodic dysphoniaSteven Bielamowicz
Voice Treatment Center, Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
J Voice 16:117-23. 2002..012) than successive bilateral injections to produce the same or longer duration of benefit. We conclude that a unilateral injection routine has a more optimal and consistent treatment effect/side effect profile...
- The kinetics of routine antenatal prophylactic intramuscular injections of polyclonal anti-D immunoglobulinI Z MacKenzie
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Oxford, UK
BJOG 113:97-101. 2006..To observe the pharmacokinetics of intramuscular anti-D immunoglobulin (IgG) given for routine antenatal prophylaxis...
- An experimental study on the use of manual pressure to reduce pain in intramuscular injectionsJoanne W Y Chung
School of Nursing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong
J Clin Nurs 11:457-61. 2002..They were required to receive two doses of vaccines via intramuscular injections. One was given in a conventional way, i.e...
- Angiogenesis and white blood cell proliferation induced in mice by injection of a prolactin-expressing plasmid into muscleJi Yun Ko
School of Life Science, The Catholic University of Korea, Puchon 420 743, Korea
Mol Cells 15:262-70. 2003..They also indicate that direct intramuscular injection of naked DNA can be used effectively to study the function of secreted proteins, including endocrine signaling molecules...
- Tight control of gene expression by a helper-dependent adenovirus vector carrying the rtTA2(s)-M2 tetracycline transactivator and repressor systemV Salucci
IRBM P Angeletti, Rome, Italy
Gene Ther 9:1415-21. 2002..The results allow us to draw some general conclusions about the combination of transcription regulators and their relative orientation to the transgene to achieve maximal induction, while minimizing leakiness of expression...
- Safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and immunogenicity of motavizumab, a humanized, enhanced-potency monoclonal antibody for the prevention of respiratory syncytial virus infection in at-risk childrenKatia Abarca
Hospital Clínico Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:267-72. 2009..Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a major cause of lower respiratory tract infection in young children. Motavizumab is an investigational humanized monoclonal antibody for RSV prophylaxis...
- A dose-response evaluation of inactivated influenza vaccine given intranasally and intramuscularly to healthy young adultsRobert L Atmar
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Vaccine 25:5367-73. 2007..Nasal IgA antibody responses were more common when vaccine was administered IN; and, when the IN dosage was increased, the primary benefit from IN vaccine over IM vaccine appeared to be greater induction of nasal secretory antibody...
- Serum antibody responses after intradermal vaccination against influenzaRobert B Belshe
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2286-94. 2004..If found to be safe and immunogenic, reduced doses of influenza vaccine given by the intradermal route could increase the number of available doses of vaccine...
- Quality of life of patients undergoing ovarian stimulation with injectable drugs in relation to medical practice in FranceEric Sedbon
Reprod Biomed Online 12:298-303. 2006..Clear information is necessary to increase patient's compliance to the treatment. Simplification will make these procedures more patient-friendly and less of a struggle...
- Antisense-induced exon skipping and synthesis of dystrophin in the mdx mouseC J Mann
Australian Neuromuscular Research Institute, Centre for Neuromuscular and Neurological Disorders, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia 6009, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:42-7. 2001..This approach should reduce the severity of DMD by allowing a dystrophic gene transcript to be modified, such that it can be translated into a Becker-dystrophin-like protein...
- Disposition kinetics of doxycycline in chickens naturally infected with Mycoplasma gallisepticumM M Ismail
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
Br Poult Sci 45:550-6. 2004..Because of the low sensitivity of the microbiological assay method used in this study, a safe withdrawal time for doxycycline in diseased birds could not be estimated for the meanwhile...
- Intramuscular midazolam vs intravenous diazepam for acute seizuresIra Shah
Department of Pediatrics, Seth G S Medical College and KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India
Indian J Pediatr 72:667-70. 2005..To determine effectiveness of intramuscular midazolam to control acute seizures in children as compared to intravenous diazepam...
- Antibody response of patients after postexposure rabies vaccination with small intradermal doses of purified chick embryo cell vaccine or purified Vero cell rabies vaccineD J Briggs
College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, USA
Bull World Health Organ 78:693-8. 2000..We conclude that PCECV is a safe and highly immunogenic vaccine for postexposure rabies vaccination when administered intradermally in 0.1-ml doses using the two-site method ("2,2,2,0,1,1") recommended by WHO...
- Pharmacokinetics of marbofloxacin in lactating cows after repeated intramuscular administrations and pharmacodynamics against mastitis isolated strainsM Schneider
Vétoquinol, R and D Department, B P 189, 70204 Lure, France
J Dairy Sci 87:202-11. 2004..Hence, a possible efficacy of marbofloxacin in the treatment of E. coli-induced mastitis could be expected as the endpoints of 10 and 250 h, respectively, are reached...
- Some pharmacokinetic data for danofloxacin in healthy goatsM Atef
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
Vet Res Commun 25:367-77. 2001..The systemic bioavailability after IM injection was 65.70% +/- 10.28% and the serum protein-bound fraction was 13.55 +/- 1.78%...
- Systemic methotrexate therapy versus laparoscopic salpingostomy in patients with tubal pregnancy. Part I. Impact on patients' health-related quality of lifeP T Nieuwkerk
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 70:511-7. 1998..To compare patients' health-related quality of life after systemic methotrexate therapy versus laparoscopic salpingostomy for tubal pregnancy...
- Effect of phenobarbital on seizure frequency and mortality in childhood cerebral malaria: a randomised, controlled intervention studyJ Crawley
Kenya Medical Research Institute Wellcome Trust Centre for Geographic Medicine Research Coast, Kilifi
Lancet 355:701-6. 2000..We undertook a randomised study to assess the efficacy of intramuscular phenobarbital in preventing seizures in childhood cerebral malaria...
- The pharmacokinetic properties of intramuscular artesunate and rectal dihydroartemisinin in uncomplicated falciparum malariaKenneth F Ilett
Department of Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Nedlands 6009 Western Australia
Br J Clin Pharmacol 53:23-30. 2002..To obtain pharmacokinetic data for artesunate (ARTS) and its active metabolite dihydroartemisinin (DHA) following i.m. ARTS and rectal DHA administration...
- The disposition of intramuscular artemether in children with cerebral malaria; a preliminary studyS A Murphy
Kenya Medical Research Institute, Clinical Research Centre, Kilifi Unit, Kenya
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 91:331-4. 1997..013). We conclude that the bioavailability of intramuscular AM in children with severe malaria may be highly variable, particularly in the presence of respiratory distress, and may be associated with an inadequate therapeutic response...
- Prehospital sedation with intramuscular droperidol: a one-year pilotJ L Hick
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Minnesota, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis 55415, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 5:391-4. 2001..Droperidol is an antipsychotic and sedative agent that might be effectively utilized by paramedics to assist in the management of uncontrollably violent patients...
- Severe amphethamine-induced bruxism: treatment with botulinum toxinS J See
Department of Neurology, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Acta Neurol Scand 107:161-3. 2003..However, there is little information on its use in tardive bruxism. Here we report an amphetamine addict who presented with medically intractable bruxism, and discuss its pathophysiology and successful treatment with BTX...
- Functional outcome of botulinum toxin injection of gastrocnemius and adductors in spastic hemiplegic cerebral palsied childrenA I Ibrahim
Unit of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
Eura Medicophys 43:13-20. 2007..The aim of this paper was to compare between the various effects of botulinum toxin type A (BT-A) when it is injected at gastrocnemius or adductors or at both sites in ambulant spastic hemiplegic cerebral palsy (CP) children...
- Comparison of two formulations of botulinum toxin type A for the treatment of glabellar lines: a double-blind, randomized studyPhilippa Lowe
Cranley Clinic, London, United Kingdom
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:975-80. 2006..Different formulations of botulinum toxin type A can behave differently. There has been little clinical research directly comparing formulations...
- Hemifacial spasm: results of treatment with low dose botulinum toxin injectionAreerat Suputtitada
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 87:1205-11. 2004..Hemifacial Sapsm (HFS) is a common movement disorder in Thailand. Botulinum toxin type A (BTA) is an effective and safe treatment for this condition. The success of BTA treatment depends on the experience of the clinician...
- Botulinum toxin A injection for spasticity in diplegic-type cerebral palsyOzlem El
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
J Child Neurol 21:1009-12. 2006..The main goal of spasticity treatment in cerebral palsy is functional improvement. In our study, most of our patients had functional improvement according to the gross motor function classification system and did not change at 6 months...
- Long-term results of botulinum toxin for the treatment of chronic anal fissure: prospective clinical and manometric studyA Arroyo
Coloproctology Unit, Department of Surgery, University Hospital of Elche, C Huertos y Molinos s n, 03203 Elche Alicante, Spain
Int J Colorectal Dis 20:267-71. 2005..The aim of this prospective trial was to analyse the effectiveness and morbidity of chemical sphincterotomy in the treatment of chronic anal fissure after a 3-year follow-up...
- Iatrogenic botulism in an amateur weight-lifterPhilip Duffey
Mov Disord 21:1056. 2006
- Botulinum toxin A for neuropathic pain after neck dissection: a dose-finding studyClaus Wittekindt
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, School of Medicine, Cologne, Germany
Laryngoscope 116:1168-71. 2006..Botulinum toxin type A (BtxA) has been reported to be feasible in chronic neuropathic pain after neck dissection. The impact of the dose on the outcome has not been investigated yet...
- The beneficial antispasticity effect of botulinum toxin type A is maintained after repeated treatment cyclesA M O Bakheit
Peninsula Medical School, Mount Gould Hospital, PL4 7QD, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:1558-61. 2004..To study the efficacy, safety, and incidence of BtxA antibody formation with repeated treatments with BtxA in post-stroke upper limb muscle spasticity...
- Efficacy and safety of a single botulinum type A toxin complex treatment (Dysport) for the relief of upper back myofascial pain syndrome: results from a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled multicentre studyHartmut Gobel
Kiel Pain Centre, Heikendorfer Weg 9 27, 24149 Kiel, Germany
Pain 125:82-8. 2006..Injections were well tolerated...
- Early treatment of tetanus-induced trismus with botulinum toxin AHelle Herrman
Anesth Analg 106:1591. 2008
- Decreased sensory receptors P2X3 and TRPV1 in suburothelial nerve fibers following intradetrusor injections of botulinum toxin for human detrusor overactivityA Apostolidis
Peripheral Neuropathy Unit, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
J Urol 174:977-82; discussion 982-3. 2005..We investigated a possible effect of BoNT/A on human bladder afferent mechanisms by studying the sensory receptors P2X3 and TRPV1 in biopsies from patients with neurogenic or idiopathic DO...
- Success of repeat detrusor injections of botulinum a toxin in patients with severe neurogenic detrusor overactivity and incontinenceJoachim Grosse
Department of Urology, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Unfallklinik Murnau, Murnau, Germany
Eur Urol 47:653-9. 2005..When the patients develop botulinum resistance, subsequent injections might be less effective. Repeat injections in patients with severe neurogenic detrusor overactivity and incontinence were studied...
- A comparison between the response of patients with idiopathic detrusor overactivity and neurogenic detrusor overactivity to the first intradetrusor injection of botulinum-A toxinRoshni Popat
Department of Uro Neurology, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, University College London Hospitals, United Kingdom
J Urol 174:984-9. 2005..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether comparable efficacy could be displayed in the response of patients with IDO to those with NDO...
- Cost-effectiveness of botulinum toxin type a in the treatment of post-stroke spasticityAnthony Ward
North Staffordshire Rehabilitation Unit, The Hayward, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, UK
J Rehabil Med 37:252-7. 2005..The objective of this study was to compare the cost-effectiveness and outcomes of oral therapy vs. botulinum toxin type A treatment strategies in patients with flexed wrist/clenched fist spasticity...
- Controlling Radiation Injury by TLR5 AgonistsAndrei V Gudkov; Fiscal Year: 2012..compound, named CBLB502, is a powerful radioprotectant and mitigator of radiation injury suitable for intramuscular injections. It is a polypeptide derived from bacterial protein flagellin that acts as an agonist of Toll-like ..
- Randomized Trial of Antenatal Late Preterm Steroids (ALPS) - Clinical CoordinatinRonald Wapner; Fiscal Year: 2012..Eligible and consenting women will be randomized to a course of two intramuscular injections containing 12 mg of betamethasone, 24 hours apart or to a similar course of an identically appearing ..
- GM2 Gangliosidosis Therapy Using Neurotropic EnzymeKostantin Dobrenis; Fiscal Year: 2010..cultures from a mouse model of GM2 gangliosidosis, and for retrograde transport from the periphery using intramuscular injections. The best candidate construct(s) will then be tested on disease mice using: ERT initiated at birth;HSCRT, ..
- Developing epicutaneous vaccine approaches for protective immunityStephen C Jameson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Typical immunization strategies involve delivery of attenuated pathogens or their products via intramuscular injections an approach which introduces a number of complications due to logistic limitations in vaccine ..
- Promoting regeneration in muscular dystrophy with adipose derived stem cells.Gretchen A Meyer; Fiscal Year: 2013..FAP phenotype to become and remain myogenic even in the face of adipogenic cues;and (Aim 2) to perform intramuscular injections of ASC-derived myotubes in dystrophic muscle with faty infiltration and ases engraftment, dystrophin ..
- Neuronal Modulation of Focal Bone HomeostasisTed S Gross; Fiscal Year: 2013..vivo murine model of transient muscle paralysis that inhibits both motor and sensory signaling following intramuscular injections of botulinum toxin A (BTxA)...
- Cyclic Testosterone on muscle function in older menRandall Urban; Fiscal Year: 2009..Weekly testosterone enanthate (TE) or placebo intramuscular injections will be given for 5 months to older men in three groups, (1) monthly on/off intervals, (2) continuously, ..
- A Peptide Nanoparticle Nicotine VaccinePeter Burkhard; Fiscal Year: 2013..Since the SAPN-vaccines can be applied intranasally their patient acceptance is expected to be higher than for curent vaccine approaches which require painful intramuscular injections.
- Efficacy and Safety of AAV Gene Transfer for HemophiliaVALDER ARRUDA; Fiscal Year: 2004..gene transfer, namely how to achieve transduction of large numbers of cells without Innumerable intramuscular injections. We hypothesize that we can achieve more extensive delivery to skeletal muscle tissue through the use of ..
- TNT: Targeting and Triggering Adjuvancy of DNA VaccinesMichele Kutzler; Fiscal Year: 2005..Several HIV-1 Gag DNA immunization strategies including adjuvant combinations with simultaneous intramuscular injections, sequential prime/boost regime, or alternative immunization timing schedules will be examined...
- Factor IX tolerance in hemophilia gene therapyHengjun Chao; Fiscal Year: 2007..The applicants recently reported that direct intramuscular injections of AAV serotype one vectors (AAV1) effected sustained and complete hemophilia B phenotype correction ..
- 'AUTOIMMUNE' THROMBOCYTOPENIANazareth Gengozian; Fiscal Year: 1980..variables since platelets suspended in saline and inoculated intravenously are without effect while intramuscular injections frequently lead to the disease syndrome...
- Therapeutic angiogenesis to treat ischemic disordersKeith Webster; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Intramuscular injections or intracoronary infusions of naked and adenoviral DNA, have been shown to induce angiogenesis, stimulate ..
- ANGIOSTATIC FUNCTION OF HUMAN 16K PROLACTINNira Ben Jonathan; Fiscal Year: 2000..using three alternative delivery methods: daily injections of recombinant 16K PRL, gene transfer via intramuscular injections of 16K hPRL plasmid, or implantation of 16K PRL-expressing COS cells encapsulated in hollow fibers...
- BENEFITS OF TESTOSTERONE ON STRENGTH IN ELDERLY MENLaurence Katznelson; Fiscal Year: 2002..be randomized in a double blind, placebo controlled fashion to receive testosterone enanthate therapy as intramuscular injections at a dose of 200 mg given every 2 weeks versus placebo for a total of 12 weeks...
- MICRODROPLET-BASED SUSTAINED DELIVERY OF AZIDOTHYMIDINEIndu Parikh; Fiscal Year: 1992..of the AZT-containing microdroplets will be tested in an in vitro model as well as by intradermal and intramuscular injections into rats...
- MICRODROPLET BASED SUSTAINED DELIVERY OF NALTREXONEIndu Parikh; Fiscal Year: 1991..the naltrexone-containing microdroplets will be tested in a in vitro model as well as by subcutaneous and intramuscular injections into rats...
- Central contributions to pathobiology of fibromyalgiaKathleen Sluka; Fiscal Year: 2009..Repeated intramuscular injections of acid into one gastrocnemius muscle is a unique model since there is bilateral mechanical hyperalgesia ..
- Role of ASIC3 in the etiology of fibromyalgiaKathleen A Sluka; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies could lead to peripherally based therapeutic approaches to control pain without undesirable CMS (central nervous system) side effects, including gene therapy. ..
- APS Travel AwardKathleen Sluka; Fiscal Year: 2007..C. These funds will allow trainees to attend and interact with both clinicians and researchers from multiple disciplines including medicine, nursing, psychology, and physical therapy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neurobiology of Musculoskeletal PainKathleen Sluka; Fiscal Year: 2005..These proposed studies are intended to help in the understanding and thus potential treatment of chronic muscle pain including such conditions as fibromyalgia, myofascial pain and low back pain. ..
- Neurobiology of Joint Manipulation Induced AnalgesiaKathleen Sluka; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information will further assist the clinician in determining the treatment of choice for a particular patient and potentially guide future clinical research. ..
- NEUROBIOLOGY OF CHRONIC MUSCLE PAINKathleen Sluka; Fiscal Year: 2003..These proposed studies will help in the understanding and thus potential treatment of chronic muscle pain, including such conditions as fibromyalgia, myofascial pain and low back pain. ..
- NEUROPSYCHIATRIC EFFECTS OF TESTOSTERONE IN MENStuart Seidman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Case/Cleveland Clinical Research Training Program (RMI)Richard Rudick; Fiscal Year: 2004..It will host a national conference on this theme during 2007 to exchange "lessons learned" and evaluate how NIH-sponsored programs are measuring up to this strategic goal. ..
- Emergency Linkage to Outpatient Psychiatric CareGlenn Currier; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Case/Cleveland Clinic Clinical Research Training Program (RMI)Richard Rudick; Fiscal Year: 2007..It will host a national conference on this theme during 2007 to exchange "lessons learned" and evaluate how NIH-sponsored programs are measuring up to this strategic goal. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Arginine and Ovine Model for Fetal Growth RestrictionGuoyao Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will ultimately promote favorable pregnancy outcomes while saving billions of healthcare dollars in the U.S. and worldwide. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Augmentation of DNA Vaccine-Elicited Immunity to HIV/SIVDAN BAROUCH; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term objectives of these studies are to develop novel vaccine regimens that recruit APCs to the site of inoculation in animal models and to consider advancing the most promising strategies into clinical trials. ..
- Oral Androgen Administration and Function in ManJOHN AMORY; Fiscal Year: 2008..Matsumoto M.D., Director, Clinical Research Unit VA-Puget Sound and Professor of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine will co-mentor this award. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EXTRAMURAL RESEARCH FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM GCRCRichard Rudick; Fiscal Year: 2003..The expected outcome of this construction project will be a centralized facility to conduct innovative, collaborative clinical research protocols and train a new generation of physician scientists. ..
- DEPO PROVERA AND BONE MINERAL DENSITY IN ADOLESCENTSBarbara Cromer; Fiscal Year: 2003..The statistical analysis will estimate the effect of DMPA on bone density while taking account of constant treatment discontinuation throughout the study period. ..
- Motor Neuron Protection through Glutamate DegradationPaul Fishman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF TARDIVE DYSKINESIA DEVELOPMENTJohn Kane; Fiscal Year: 2001..This strategy will provide a rapid and cost-effective answer to a critical question. ..
- Novel Adenovirus Vaccine Vectors for HIV/SIVDan H Barouch; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Cytokine-Augmented DNA Vaccine-Elicited Immunity to HIVDAN BAROUCH; Fiscal Year: 2005..Raphael Dolin, Dean for Clinical Programs, Harvard Medical School, will guide Dr. Barouch's development as an independent investigator. In addition, a committee of distinguished scientists will oversee his progress toward independence. ..
- Brainstem Mechanisms of Craniofacial Muscle PainJIN RO; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Chimeric Adenovirus Vaccine Vectors for HIV/SIVDAN BAROUCH; Fiscal Year: 2005..Within the two-year time frame of this award, sufficient data will be generated with candidate chimeric rAd vaccines to justify further vaccine/challenge studies in rhesus monkeys. ..
- Human Laboratory Model of Cocaine Treatment: Behavioral Economic AnalysisMark K Greenwald; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Effects of Botanicals on Cognition in Midlife WomenPauline Maki; Fiscal Year: 2005..Recent findings of significant health risks associated with Prempro heighten the need for research into the effects of alternative therapies for menopausal symptoms on cognitive outcomes. ..
- Guanfacine Treatment for Prefrontal Cognitive Dysfunction in Elderly SubjectsChristopher H van Dyck; Fiscal Year: 2010..This Pilot Clinical Trial will provide essential preliminary data for a subsequent full-scale trial of guanfacine for prefrontally-mediated cognitive dysfunction in elderly subjects. ..
- REGULATION OF THE NRI GENE IN NEURONAL DIFFERENTIATIONGuang Bai; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- OXIDATIVE STRESS AND MUSCLE CELL DEATHTHOMAS RANDO; Fiscal Year: 2005..Using this approach, we will test our specific hypothesis of the role of oxidative injury in the pathogenetic process and we will determine if the results of the expression array analysis suggest alternate hynotheses. ..
- Effects of Hypericum Perforatum on Oral ContraceptivesPatricia Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2002..A concurrent aim is the development and refinement of a methodology for evaluating the risk of ovulation and unintended pregnancy from use of other herbs or medications during oral contraceptive use. ..
- THERAPEUTIC POTENTIAL OF KAPPA-OPIOIDS AGAINST COCAINESharon Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies are relevant to the treatment of cocaine abuse and may lead to the development of an effective pharmacotherapy, thereby, reducing the HIV and other health risks associated with cocaine abuse and intravenous drug abuse. ..
- BUPRENORPHINE ABUSE BY HUMANS--LABORATORY STUDIESSandra Comer; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Targeting Inflammation to Improve Endothelial Function in Type 2 Diabetes: A SubsMark A Creager; Fiscal Year: 2010..End of Abstract) ..
- MANAGEMENT FOR RISK OF RELAPSE IN SCHIZOPHRENIAStephen Marder; Fiscal Year: 2004..The investigator will evaluate outcome during the next two years with measures of clinical psychopathology, medication side effects, functional outcomes, and quality of life. ..
- Suicide Research and Prevention MHREGEric Caine; Fiscal Year: 2007..The SPR/MHREG provides a mechanism for efficient sharing and broader dissemination of the mentoring and research expertise that we have developed. ..
- FASEB Conference:Skeletal muscle satellite and stem cellsTHOMAS RANDO; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] We fully anticipate that progress in this field will pave the way for stem cell therapies for a variety of degenerative, inflammatory, and age-related disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Leupeptin in a Canine Model of Duchenne Muscular DystrophyMARTIN CHILDERS; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim #4b: Compare lean body muscle mass and calpain activity between leupeptin and placebo-treated GRMD dogs. ..
- BD FACSARIA FLOW CYTOMETER 3 LSRPENELOPE MOREL; Fiscal Year: 2004..The acquisition of the requested cell sorter will allow individual users access to cell sorting, which is at present unavailable to many members of the Department. ..
- GABA-A Receptor Mechanisms in Benzodiazepine DependenceANGELA DUKE; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Schizophenia Libility Genes among African-AmericansJoseph McEvoy; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we have an outstanding track record of African American participation in research studies, and a deep appreciation of their population genetics. ..
- HIV Epitope Specific T Cell Responses and Control of HIV ReplicationMark Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Reducing Cocaine/Heroin Abuse with SR-Amphetamine and BuprenorphineMark Greenwald; Fiscal Year: 2009..The innovative aims, rigorous methods and clinical/public health significance of this project (i.e. whether SR-AMP has potential efficacy for reducing cocaine use) is highly concordant with this RFA. ..
- CB-1 Antagonists for Cannabis AddictionJack Bergman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall, our proposed studies will permit highly significant progress toward the development of novel antagonist-based medications to combat the addictive power of delta9THC. ..
- Cocaine Addiction:Medication Strategies and EvalutionJack Bergman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- St. John's Wort Effects on LevonorgestrelPatricia Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2006..The study protocol will be refined for use in future studies of levonorgestrel and other emergency contraceptive regimens. ..
- Hyperalgesia in Methadone Patients: Can it be Treated?Margaret Compton; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..