Genomes and Genes
differential scanning calorimetry
Summary: Differential thermal analysis in which the sample compartment of the apparatus is a differential calorimeter, allowing an exact measure of the heat of transition independent of the specific heat, thermal conductivity, and other variables of the sample.
Publications314 found, 100 shown here
- Characterization of -trypsin at acid pH by differential scanning calorimetryE R Bittar
Instituto de Estudos Avan ados em Medicina Veterin ria, Universidade de Uberaba, Uberaba, MG, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 36:1621-7. 2003..We assessed the stability of -trypsin in the acid pH range using microcalorimetric (differential scanning calorimetry) techniques. Protein concentrations varied in the range of 0.05 to 2.30 mg/ml...
- Solution structure and model membrane interactions of temporins-SH, antimicrobial peptides from amphibian skin. A NMR spectroscopy and differential scanning calorimetry studyFeten Abbassi
UPMC Univ Paris 06, CNRS FRE 2852, Peptidome de la Peau des Amphibiens, F 75005 Paris, France
Biochemistry 47:10513-25. 2008..The interaction of the peptides with model membranes was investigated by differential scanning calorimetry on anionic and zwitterionic multilamellar vesicles and membrane-permeabilization assays on calcein-..
- Differential scanning calorimetry in life science: thermodynamics, stability, molecular recognition and application in drug designG Bruylants
Molecular and Biomolecular Engineering, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Curr Med Chem 12:2011-20. 2005..Along with isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) is a powerful method, less described than ITC, for measuring directly the thermodynamic ..
- Design and construction of highly stable, protease-resistant chimeric avidinsVesa P Hytönen
Department of Biological and Environmental Science, P O Box 35 YAB FIN 40014, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
J Biol Chem 280:10228-33. 2005..1 degrees C). This study provides an example of rational protein engineering in which another member of the protein family has been utilized as a source in the optimization of selected properties...
- Structures and analysis of highly homologous psychrophilic, mesophilic, and thermophilic adenylate kinasesEuiyoung Bae
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 279:28202-8. 2004....
- Differential scanning microcalorimetry indicates that human defensin, HNP-2, interacts specifically with biomembrane mimetic systemsK Lohner
Institut für Biophysik und Röntgenstrukturforschung, Osterreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften, Graz, Austria
Biochemistry 36:1525-31. 1997....
- Enhancement of gemcitabine affinity for biomembranes by conjugation with squalene: differential scanning calorimetry and Langmuir-Blodgett studies using biomembrane modelsFrancesco Castelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita degli Studi di Catania, Viale Andrea Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
J Colloid Interface Sci 316:43-52. 2007..to form the gem-squalene prodrug, with dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine have been investigated by differential scanning calorimetry and Langmuir film balance techniques to gain information about the interaction of gemcitabine and ..
- Conformational study of human serum albumin in pre-denaturation temperatures by differential scanning calorimetry, circular dichroism and UV spectroscopyMostafa Rezaei Tavirani
Faculty of Medicine, Medical University of Ilam, Ilam, Iran
J Biochem Mol Biol 39:530-6. 2006....
- Characterization of lipid nanoparticles by differential scanning calorimetry, X-ray and neutron scatteringHeike Bunjes
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Technologie, Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Mendelssohnstr 1, 38106, Braunschweig, Germany
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:379-402. 2007b>Differential scanning calorimetry and X-ray diffraction play a prominent role in the characterization of lipid nanoparticle (LNP) dispersions...
- Biomimetic transport of simple olive biophenol and analogues through model biological membranes by differential scanning calorimetryF Castelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, , Viale Andrea Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 49:5130-5. 2001..represented by dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine (DMPC) multilamellar vesicles (MLV) was studied by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- L-phenylalanine binding and domain organization in human phenylalanine hydroxylase: a differential scanning calorimetry studyMatthías Thórólfsson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Bergen, Arstadveien 19, N 5009 Bergen, Norway
Biochemistry 41:7573-85. 2002..Two partially overlapping transitions are seen in differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) thermograms for wild-type hPAH in 0.1 M Na-Hepes buffer, 0.1 M NaCl, pH 7.0...
- Characterization of indomethacin-loaded lipid nanoparticles by differential scanning calorimetryFrancesco Castelli
Department of Chemical Sciences, University of Catania, Viale A Doria No 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
Int J Pharm 304:231-8. 2005..of the different ingredients originating each type of nanoparticle system were studied by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) technique...
- Intracellular ice formation in yeast cells vs. cooling rate: predictions from modeling vs. experimental observations by differential scanning calorimetryShinsuke Seki
Fundamental and Applied Cryobiology Group, Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37932 2575, USA
Cryobiology 58:157-65. 2009..Experiments with differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) confirmed these predictions closely...
- Analysis of intracellular ice nucleation in Xenopus oocytes by differential scanning calorimetryF W Kleinhans
Fundamental and Applied Cryobiology Group, Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37932, USA
Cryobiology 52:128-38. 2006..We conclude that early stage oocytes are a good model system in which to investigate modulators of IIF, but that late stage oocytes are damaged during EIF and infrequently supercool...
- Analysis of sugar bioprotective mechanisms on the thermal denaturation of lysozyme from Raman scattering and differential scanning calorimetry investigationsA Hédoux
Laboratoire de Dynamique et Structure des Materiaux Moleculaires, UMR CNRS 8024, Universite de Lille 1, UFR de Physique, Bat P5, 59 655 Villeneuve d Ascq Cedex, France
J Phys Chem B 110:22886-93. 2006Sugar-induced thermostabilization of lysozyme was analyzed by Raman scattering and modulated differential scanning calorimetry investigations, for three disaccharides (maltose, sucrose, and trehalose) characterized by the same chemical ..
- Thermodynamic stability and formation of aggregates of human immunoglobulin G characterised by differential scanning calorimetry and dynamic light scatteringKarin Ahrer
Department of Biotechnology, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Muthgasse 18, A 1190 Vienna, Austria
J Biochem Biophys Methods 66:73-86. 2006..Often the most stable formulations were empirically identified. Physicochemical methods, such as differential scanning calorimetry and dynamic light scattering, provide a deeper insight on the biophysical properties of such a ..
- Interrogation of the plasma proteome with differential scanning calorimetryNichola C Garbett
James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Clin Chem 53:2012-4. 2007
- Applications of differential scanning calorimetry in developing cryopreservation strategies for Parkia speciosa, a tropical tree producing recalcitrant seedsJayanthi Nadarajan
University of Abertay Dundee, Bell Street, Dundee, Scotland, UK
Cryo Letters 29:95-110. 2008..b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) revealed that trehalose moderated the thermal characteristics of the shoot-tips...
- Differential scanning calorimetry of blood plasma for clinical diagnosis and monitoringNichola C Garbett
James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 86:186-91. 2009b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) provides a useful method to study the unfractionated plasma proteome...
- Binding study of riboflavin-binding protein with riboflavin and its analogues by differential scanning calorimetryM Wasylewski
Department of Physical Biochemistry, Institute of Molecular Biology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
J Protein Chem 19:523-8. 2000Thermal unfolding parameters of hens' egg-white riboflavin-binding-protein (RBP) were measured by differential scanning calorimetry. Thermal denaturation scans of apoRBP and RBP complexes with riboflavin and its analogues (FMN, N10 DL-..
- Study of polymorphic transformation of ornidazole drug by differential scanning calorimetry and other complementary techniquesSatish R Desai
Department of Chemistry, The Institute of Science, 15, Madam Cama Road, Mumbai 400032, India
Acta Pol Pharm 65:409-13. 2008..9 degrees C. This phase on further ageing for 7 days transforms almost completely to its original form. DSC observations were corroborated by XRD and scanning electron microscopy (SEM) techniques...
- PAMAM dendrimers and model membranes: differential scanning calorimetry studiesB Klajnert
Department of Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences, McMaster University, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ont, Canada
Int J Pharm 305:154-66. 2005..behavior of DPPC multilamellar vesicles and DMPC small unilamellar vesicles was examined by differential scanning calorimetry. We used three types of PAMAM dendrimers to determine how a dendrimer structure determines ..
- Insights into protein-polysorbate interactions analysed by means of isothermal titration and differential scanning calorimetryClaudia Hoffmann
Physical Chemistry, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Eur Biophys J 38:557-68. 2009..The thermal stability of the proteins in the presence of the detergent is assessed by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- A rapid micro quantification method of paracetamol in suppositories using differential scanning calorimetryMohamed I Noordin
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:925-30. 2004This study adopts Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) to analyze the thermal properties of samples (2.5-4...
- Characterization of different strains of poliovirus and influenza virus by differential scanning calorimetryTino Krell
Aventis Pasteur, 1541 Avenue Marcel Merieux, 69280 Marcy l Etoile, France
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 41:241-6. 2005..an industrial scale from the purified active viruses that have been analysed in this study by DSC (differential scanning calorimetry)...
- Evaluation of high hydrostatic pressure sensitivity of Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli O157:H7 by differential scanning calorimetryHami Alpas
Food Engineering Department, Middle East Technical University, 06531 Ankara, Turkey
Int J Food Microbiol 87:229-37. 2003b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) was used to evaluate the relative high hydrostatic pressure (HHP) resistances of bacterial strains from Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli O157:H7 in vivo...
- A differential scanning calorimetry study of the setting reaction of MTAS C V Chedella
Dental Biomaterials, School of Dentistry, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Int Endod J 43:509-18. 2010To evaluate the setting of mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA) at various time intervals using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC).
- The thermodynamic stability of amyloid fibrils studied by differential scanning calorimetryBertrand Morel
Departamento de Quimica Fisica e Instituto de Biotecnologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
J Phys Chem B 114:4010-9. 2010..the thermal melting of the amyloid fibrils of the N47A mutant of the alpha-spectrin SH3 domain by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Water absorption of freeze-dried meat at different water activities: a multianalytical approach using sorption isotherm, differential scanning calorimetry, and nuclear magnetic resonanceLuca Venturi
Department of Food Science, University of Bologna, Cesena, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 55:10572-8. 2007..12-0.99 by a multianalytical approach comprising of sorption isotherm, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)...
- Apolipophorin III interaction with model membranes composed of phosphatidylcholine and sphingomyelin using differential scanning calorimetryMichael H Chiu
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1788:2160-8. 2009..b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) was used to measure the binding interaction of apoLp-III with liposomes composed of mixtures ..
- Characterization of the molecular distribution of drugs in glassy solid dispersions at the nano-meter scale, using differential scanning calorimetry and gravimetric water vapour sorption techniquesD J van Drooge
Groningen University Institute of Drug Exploration, GUIDE, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy, Groningen, The Netherlands
Int J Pharm 310:220-9. 2006..One glass transition temperature (T(g)), as determined by temperature modulated differential scanning calorimetry (TMDSC), was observed in PVP-diazepam solid dispersions prepared by fusion for all drug loads tested ..
- Purity determination and uncertainty evaluation of theophylline by mass balance method, high performance liquid chromatography and differential scanning calorimetryKang Ma
Division of Chemical Metrology and Analytical Science, National Institute of Metrology, Beijing 100013, China
Anal Chim Acta 650:227-33. 2009..certified reference materials (CRM), compared with high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Interleukin-1 receptor (IL-1R) liquid formulation development using differential scanning calorimetryR L Remmele
Immunex Corporation, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Pharm Res 15:200-8. 1998To elucidate the solution conditions that confer stability of aqueous IL-1R using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC).
- Differential scanning calorimetry as a tool to estimate binding parameters in multiligand binding proteinsM Soledad Celej
Departamento de Química Biológica CIQUIBIC, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, X5000HUA Córdoba, Argentina
Anal Biochem 350:277-84. 2006..In this sense, the application of the theory of macromolecular unfolding linked to ligand binding to differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) has proved to be a useful tool to simultaneously characterize the energetics of unfolding and ..
- Effects of fluorescent probe NBD-PC on the structure, dynamics and phase transition of DPPC. A molecular dynamics and differential scanning calorimetry studyLuís M S Loura
Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade de Coimbra, Rua do Norte, 3000 295 Coimbra, Portugal
Biochim Biophys Acta 1778:491-501. 2008We present a combined theoretical (molecular dynamics, MD) and experimental (differential scanning calorimetry, DSC) study of the effect of 7-nitrobenz-2-oxa-1,3-diazol-4-yl (NBD) acyl chain-labeled fluorescent phospholipid analogs (C6-..
- Characterization of lipophilic gemcitabine prodrug-liposomal membrane interaction by differential scanning calorimetryFrancesco Castelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita degli Studi di Catania, V le Andrea Doria, 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
Mol Pharm 3:737-44. 2006..We studied, by the differential scanning calorimetry technique, and compared the interaction of pure gemcitabine and its prodrugs with ..
- Interaction of resveratrol and its trimethyl and triacetyl derivatives with biomembrane models studied by differential scanning calorimetryMaria Grazia Sarpietro
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita degli Studi di Catania, Viale Andrea Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 55:3720-8. 2007..by dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine (DMPC) multilamellar vesicles (MLV), has been studied by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Evaluation of the heat inactivation of Escherichia coli and Lactobacillus plantarum by differential scanning calorimetryJaesung Lee
Department of Food, Agricultural, and Biological Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:5379-86. 2002b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) is used to evaluate the thermal stability and reversibility after heat treatment of transitions associated with various cellular components of Escherichia coli and Lactobacillus plantarum...
- Differential scanning calorimetry studies of intraembryonic freezing and cryoprotectant penetration in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryosX H Liu
The Research Centre, University of Luton, Luton, Bedfordshire LU1 5DU, United Kingdom
J Exp Zool 290:299-310. 2001..of intraembryonic water and cryoprotectant penetration in zebrafish embryos were studied using differential scanning calorimetry. The effects of embryo developmental stage, dechorionation, partial removal of yolk, cooling rate, ..
- Differential scanning calorimetryCharles H Spink
Department of Chemistry, State University of New York Cortland, Cortland, New York 13045, USA
Methods Cell Biol 84:115-41. 2008b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) has emerged as a powerful experimental technique for determining thermodynamic properties of biomacromolecules...
- Thermally induced chain exchange of smooth muscle tropomyosin dimers studied by differential scanning calorimetryV N Orlov
A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
FEBS Lett 433:241-4. 1998..alphaalpha, and betabeta, and of a 1:1 mixture of alphaalpha and betabeta homodimers was studied by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Morphology characterization of emulsions by differential scanning calorimetryD Clausse
Universite de Technologie de Compiegne, UMR CNRS 6067, B P 20529, 60205 Compiegne, France
Adv Colloid Interface Sci 117:59-74. 2005This article is a review of some results obtained by Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) for characterizing the morphology of emulsions...
- Use of differential scanning calorimetry to study lipid oxidation. 1. Oxidative stability of lecithin and linolenic acidMarcin Ulkowski
Department of Chemistry, Warsaw University, Pasteura 1, 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
J Agric Food Chem 53:9073-7. 2005The oxidation of linolenic acid (LNA) and soy lecithin was studied by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) with linear programmed heating rates (non-isothermal mode)...
- Increased corneal hydration induced by potential ocular penetration enhancers: assessment by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and by desiccationD Monti
Department of Bioorganic Chemistry and Biopharmaceutics, University of Pisa, Via Bonanno 33, I 56126, Pisa, Italy
Int J Pharm 232:139-47. 2002..water content by desiccation (gravimetric analysis); and (b) their free water content by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). The DSC measurements also provided a rough quantitative estimate of corneal solutes...
- Comparison of the stabilities and unfolding pathways of human apolipoprotein E isoforms by differential scanning calorimetry and circular dichroismPrathima Acharya
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1584:9-19. 2002b>Differential scanning calorimetry and circular dichroism experiments were performed to study structural differences among the common isoforms of human apolipoprotein E (apoE2, apoE3, and apoE4) and their N-terminal, 22-kDa fragments...
- Differential scanning calorimetry and X-ray diffraction studies of the specificity of the interaction of antimicrobial peptides with membrane-mimetic systemsK Lohner
Institut für Biophysik und Röntgenstrukturforschung, Osterreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften, Steyrergasse 17 VI, A 8010, Graz, Austria
Biochim Biophys Acta 1462:141-56. 1999..b>Differential scanning calorimetry and X-ray diffraction studies have yielded a wealth of quantitative information on the effects of ..
- Biophysical characterization of the signature domains of thrombospondin-4 and thrombospondin-2Tina M Misenheimer
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 280:41229-35. 2005..In differential scanning calorimetry, the thrombospondin-2 construct melted in two distinct transitions at 53.5 and 81...
- Molecular mechanism of alpha 1(I)-osteogenesis imperfecta/Ehlers-Danlos syndrome: unfolding of an N-anchor domain at the N-terminal end of the type I collagen triple helixElena Makareeva
Section on Physical Biochemistry, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 281:6463-70. 2006..However, distinct structural consequences of N-anchor destabilization result in a distinct alpha1(I)-osteogenesis imperfecta (OI)/EDS phenotype...
- Thermal unfolding of smooth muscle and nonmuscle tropomyosin alpha-homodimers with alternatively spliced exonsElena Kremneva
A N Bach Institute of Biochemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
FEBS J 273:588-600. 2006We used differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and circular dichroism (CD) to investigate thermal unfolding of recombinant fibroblast isoforms of alpha-tropomyosin (Tm) in comparison with that of smooth muscle Tm...
- Physical characterization of the procollagen module of human thrombospondin 1 expressed in insect cellsT M Misenheimer
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 275:40938-45. 2000..Circular dichroism, intrinsic fluorescence, and differential scanning calorimetry experiments suggest that the stability of C is determined by the disulfides...
- Characterization of poly(L-lactic acid) microspheres loaded with holmium acetylacetonateJ F Nijsen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Medical Centre Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 22:3073-81. 2001..In this paper factors responsible for this behaviour are investigated, in particular by the use of differential scanning calorimetry, scanning electron microscopy, infrared spectroscopy and X-ray diffraction...
- High sensitivity differential scanning calorimetry study of DNA-cationic liposome complexesMark Saunders
School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London, UK
Pharm Res 24:1954-61. 2007To investigate plasmid DNA interactions with liposomes prepared from dimyristoylglyceroethylphosphocholine (EDMPC) and DOPE using high sensitivity differential scanning calorimetry (HSDSC).
- Differential scanning calorimetry and scanning thermal microscopy analysis of pharmaceutical materialsLaura Bond
Laboratory of Biophysics and Surface Analysis, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nottingham, University Park, NG7 2RD Nottingham, UK
Int J Pharm 243:71-82. 2002..evidence to show that microTA data can compare directly with that from the established approach of differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC): a tool to study the thermal behavior of lipid bilayers and liposomal stabilityCostas Demetzos
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Pharmacy, University of Athens, Greece
J Liposome Res 18:159-73. 2008..b>Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) is a suitable thermal analysis technique for determining the purity, the polymorphic forms and ..
- The use of differential scanning calorimetry to study drug-membrane interactionsThomas M Mavromoustakos
Institute of Organic and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, National Hellenic Research Foundation, Athens, Greece
Methods Mol Biol 400:587-600. 2007..Cholesterol, a main constituent of membrane bilayers, appears to disrupt the interdigitating effect. In general, the thermal effects of the drug incorporated into a membrane bilayer depends on the drug stereoelectronic properties...
- Hydration of lipoplexes commonly used in gene delivery: follow-up by laurdan fluorescence changes and quantification by differential scanning calorimetryD Hirsch-Lerner
Laboratory of Membrane and Liposome Research, Department of Biochemistry, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Biochim Biophys Acta 1461:47-57. 1999..Confirmation was obtained from the second method, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). DOTAP/DOPE lipoplexes with charge ratio 0.44 had 16.5% dehydration and with charge ratio 1...
- Differential scanning calorimetry in the study of lipid phase transitions in model and biological membranes: practical considerationsRuthven N A H Lewis
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Canada
Methods Mol Biol 400:171-95. 2007b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) is a relatively rapid, straightforward, and nonperturbing technique for studying the thermotropic phase behavior of hydrated lipid dispersions and of reconstituted lipid model or biological ..
- Analysis of photopolymerization behavior of UDMA/TEGDMA resin mixture and its composite by differential scanning calorimetryYasuhiro Tanimoto
Department of Dental Materials, Research Institute of Oral Science, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, 2 870 1 Sakaecho nishi, Matsudo, Chiba 271 8587, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 72:310-5. 2005..Furthermore, Ep values decreased with increasing filler content between 0 and 60 wt % but did not decrease further between 60 and 70 wt %...
- Molecular interaction and localization of tocotrienol-rich fraction (TRF) within the matrices of lipid nanoparticles: evidence studies by Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) and Proton Nuclear Magnetic Resonance spectroscopy ((1)H NMR)Hazem Ali
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Louisiana at Monroe, 1800 Bienville Drive, Monroe, LA 71201, USA
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 77:286-97. 2010..Such arrangement may have implication on future utility of the NLCs as drug delivery vehicles...
- Low amounts of sucrose are sufficient to depress the phase transition temperature of dry phosphatidylcholine, but not for lyoprotection of liposomesConstança Cacela
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, D 14424 Potsdam, Germany
Biophys J 90:2831-42. 2006..ratios where no bulk sugar glass phase is detectable by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy or differential scanning calorimetry. A detailed analysis of the interactions of sucrose with the P=O, C=O, and choline groups of the ..
- Cooperativity and kinetics of phase transitions in nanopore-confined bilayers studied by differential scanning calorimetryAli M Alaouie
Biophys J 88:L11-3. 2005..crystal phase transition of phospholipid bilayers requires very slow temperature rates in differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) experiments to minimize any rate-dependent distortions...
- Thermal decomposition study of monovarietal extra virgin olive oil by simultaneous thermogravimetry/differential scanning calorimetry: relation with chemical compositionStefano Vecchio
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Chimica Materiali Ambiente, Universita La Sapienza, Roma
J Agric Food Chem 57:4793-800. 2009..two from Spain, and the others from Tunisia) was evaluated by simultaneous thermogravimetry (TG) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) analyses...
- Membrane properties of plant sterols in phospholipid bilayers as determined by differential scanning calorimetry, resonance energy transfer and detergent-induced solubilizationKatrin K Halling
Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacy, Abo Akademi University, PO Box 66, FIN 20521 Turku, Finland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1664:161-71. 2004..campesterol, beta-sitosterol and stigmasterol in phospholipid bilayers were investigated by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), resonance energy transfer (RET) between trans parinaric acid (tPA) and 2-(6-(7-nitrobenz-2-..
- Differential scanning calorimetry study on drug release from an inulin-based hydrogel and its interaction with a biomembrane model: pH and loading effectFrancesco Castelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita degli Studi di Catania, Viale Andrea Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 35:76-85. 2008..0 and 7.4 by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) that appears to be a suitable technique to follow the transfer kinetics of a drug from a ..
- Energetic basis of molecular recognition in a DNA aptamerG Reid Bishop
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Mississippi College, 200 S Capitol St, Clinton, MS 39058, USA
Biophys Chem 126:165-75. 2007....
- Incorporation of cationic chains in the Dickerson-Drew dodecamer: correlation of energetics, structure, and ion and water bindingRonald Shikiya
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986025 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 6025, USA
Biochemistry 44:12582-8. 2005..The overall results are consistent with the NMR solution of the modified duplex that showed a small bend at each modified site...
- A stability pattern of protein hydrophobic mutations that reflects evolutionary structural optimizationRaquel Godoy-Ruiz
Departamento de Quimica Fisica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, Campus Fuentenueva s n, 18071 Granada, Spain
Biophys J 89:3320-31. 2005..To illustrate this novel approach and provide general guidelines for its application, we develop here a simple evolutionary model that successfully explains the effect of the I<-->V mutations on thioredoxin stability...
- Stability of DNA duplexes containing GG, CC, AA, and TT mismatchesAnna Tikhomirova
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, 144 College Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3M2, Canada
Biochemistry 45:10563-71. 2006..We discuss implications of our results for understanding the origins of initial recognition of mismatched DNA sites by enzymes of the DNA repair machinery...
- The effect of phalloidin and jasplakinolide on the flexibility and thermal stability of actin filamentsBalazs Visegrady
Department of Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, Szigeti str 12, Pecs H 7624, Hungary
FEBS Lett 565:163-6. 2004..The fluorescence and calorimetric measurements provided evidences that the extent of stabilization by jasplakinolide was greater than that by phalloidin...
- Heat capacity changes associated with nucleic acid foldingPeter J Mikulecky
Department of Chemistry, Indiana University, 800 East Kirkwood Avenue Bloomington, IN 47401, USA
Biopolymers 82:38-58. 2006....
- Characterization of temperature-induced phase transitions in five polymorphic forms of sulfathiazole by terahertz pulsed spectroscopy and differential scanning calorimetryJ Axel Zeitler
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Pharm Sci 95:2486-98. 2006..The phase transitions can be monitored by terahertz pulsed spectroscopy. Polymorphic impurities of the samples can be detected in the room temperature spectra and their effect on the phase transition behavior can be studied...
- Monosaccharide composition, chain length and linkage type influence the interactions of oligosaccharides with dry phosphatidylcholine membranesConstança Cacela
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, D 14424 Potsdam, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1758:680-91. 2006..Using Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy and differential scanning calorimetry, we show that the degree of lyoprotection of the different sugars is closely related to their ..
- Mutations near amino end of alpha1(I) collagen cause combined osteogenesis imperfecta/Ehlers-Danlos syndrome by interference with N-propeptide processingWayne A Cabral
Bone and Extracellular Matrix Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 280:19259-69. 2005..b>Differential scanning calorimetry revealed that these mutant collagens are less stable than the corresponding procollagens, which is ..
- Length and pH-dependent energetics of (CCG)n and (CGG)n trinucleotide repeatsS Amrane
Laboratoire de Biophysique, Museum national d histoire naturelle, USM 503 INSERM UR 565, CNRS UMR 5153, 43, rue Cuvier, 75231 Paris Cedex 5, France
Biochimie 88:1125-34. 2006..and (CGG)(n) oligodeoxynucleotides were analysed using a combination of biophysical (UV-absorbance, differential scanning calorimetry) and biochemical methods (non-denaturing gel electrophoresis, enzymatic footprinting)...
- A second look at mini-protein stability: analysis of FSD-1 using circular dichroism, differential scanning calorimetry, and simulationsJianwen A Feng
Center for Computational Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Biophys J 97:2803-10. 2009..zinc-finger motif independent of zinc binding, was investigated using circular dichroism, differential scanning calorimetry, and replica-exchange molecular dynamics...
- A simple model for the cooperative stabilisation of actin filaments by phalloidin and jasplakinolideBalazs Visegrady
Department of Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, Szigeti str 12, Pecs H 7624, Hungary
FEBS Lett 579:6-10. 2005..of magnesium actin filaments by phalloidin and jasplakinolide was studied using the method of differential scanning calorimetry. The results showed that actin could adapt three conformations in the presence of drugs...
- Unfolding of G-quadruplexes: energetic, and ion and water contributions of G-quartet stackingChris M Olsen
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 6025, USA
J Phys Chem B 110:6962-9. 2006..We used differential scanning calorimetry to obtain complete thermodynamic profiles for the unfolding of each quadruplex...
- Calorimetric unfolding of the bimolecular and i-motif complexes of the human telomere complementary strand, d(C(3)TA(2))(4)Mahima Kaushik
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986025 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6025, USA
Biophys Chem 126:154-64. 2007..Furthermore, an enthalpy of 3.2 kcal/mol (bimolecular complex) and 5.0 kcal/mol (i-motif) is estimated for a single C*C(+)/C*C(+) base-pair stack...
- Holmium-loaded poly(L-lactic acid) microspheres: in vitro degradation studySander W Zielhuis
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biomacromolecules 7:2217-23. 2006..At the end of the experiment (52 weeks) highly crystalline fragments, as evidenced from Differential Scanning Calorimetry, were present. Infrared spectroscopy showed that these fragments consisted of holmium lactate...
- Headgroup structure and fatty acid chain length of the acidic phospholipids modulate the interaction of membrane mimetic vesicles with the antimicrobial peptide protegrin-1Weiguo Jing
Institute of Biophysics and X ray Structure Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Graz
J Pept Sci 11:735-43. 2005..small beta-sheet antimicrobial peptide with acidic phospholipid model membranes was investigated by differential scanning calorimetry. We found that PG-1 can distinguish between liposomes of the anionic phospholipids DPPG, DPPS and ..
- Characterization of intramolecular interactions of HIV-1 accessory protein Nef by differential scanning calorimetryTeresa D Groesch
Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, 3400 Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Biophys Chem 126:36-42. 2007..and the structural core of Nef, an HIV-1 accessory protein, have been studied by high sensitivity differential scanning calorimetry. Critical interactions have been identified by measuring the structural energetics of both ..
- Energetics of nucleic acid stability: the effect of DeltaCPAnna Tikhomirova
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, 19 Russell Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2S2, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 126:16387-94. 2004..We have proposed some general microscopic interpretations for the observed sequence-specific and conformation-specific thermodynamic differences between the duplexes...
- Differential scanning calorimetry of the effects of Ca2+ on the thermal unfolding of Pseudomonas cepacia lipaseAkiyoshi Tanaka
Faculty of Bioresources, Mie University, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67:207-10. 2003..These results confirmed the validity of the unfolding mechanism proposed previously: NCa2+ < = => D + Ca2+, where N and D represent the native and denatured states, respectively, of the enzyme...
- Effect of the hydrophobic nature of triacetyl-beta-cyclodextrin on the complexation with nicardipine hydrochloride: physicochemical and dissolution properties of the kneaded and spray-dried complexesCatarina Marques Fernandes
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 50:1597-602. 2002..In order to confirm the complexation between NC and TAbetaCD in the solid state, differential scanning calorimetry, X-ray diffractometry, Fourier transformation-infrared spectroscopy and scanning electron microscopy ..
- Lipid reorganization induced by membrane-active peptides probed using differential scanning calorimetryPierre Joanne
UPMC Univ Paris 06, FRE 2852 Peptidome de la Peau d Amphibiens, Paris F 75005, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1788:1772-81. 2009..of selected CPPs and AMPs to reorganize the planar distribution of binary lipid mixtures by means of differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Interactions of tryptophan-rich cathelicidin antimicrobial peptides with model membranes studied by differential scanning calorimetryValery V Andrushchenko
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, 2500 University Dr, NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
Biochim Biophys Acta 1768:2447-58. 2007..b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) has been applied here to study the effect of indolicidin and tritrpticin as well as five ..
- On the propensity of phosphatidylglycerols to form interdigitated phasesGeorg Pabst
Institute of Biophysics and Nanosystems Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, 8042 Graz, Austria
Biophys J 93:513-25. 2007....
- Ibuprofen-loaded ethylcellulose/polystyrene microspheres: an approach to get prolonged drug release with reduced burst effect and low ethylcellulose contentM Saravanan
Department of Pharmaceutics, Vel s College of Pharmacy, Old Pallavaram, Chennai 600117, India
J Microencapsul 20:289-302. 2003..by the solvent evaporation technique and characterized by drug loading, infrared spectroscopy, differential scanning calorimetry and scanning electron microscopy...
- The effects of hydrostatic pressure on ribosome conformation in Escherichia coli: and in vivo study using differential scanning calorimetryG W Niven
Institute of Food Research, Reading Laboratory, UK
Microbiology 145:419-25. 1999b>Differential scanning calorimetry of whole Escherichia coil cells allowed the detection in vivo of changes in ribosome conformation...
- Thermodynamic contributions of the reactions of DNA intramolecular structures with their complementary strandsHui Ting Lee
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986025 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6025, USA
Biochimie 90:1052-63. 2008..This methodology may be used in targeting reactions for the control of gene expression...
- Effects of troponin on thermal unfolding of actin-bound tropomyosinE V Kremneva
Bach Institute of Biochemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 119071, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 68:802-9. 2003b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) was used to study the effect of troponin (Tn) and its isolated components on the thermal unfolding of skeletal muscle tropomyosin (Tm) bound to F-actin...
- Structural rearrangements in chloroplast thylakoid membranes revealed by differential scanning calorimetry and circular dichroism spectroscopy. Thermo-optic effectAnelia G Dobrikova
Institute of Biophysics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Acad G Bonchev Bl 21, Sofia 1113, Bulgaria
Biochemistry 42:11272-80. 2003..et al. (2002) Biochemistry 41, 15121-15129]. In this paper, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and circular dichroism (CD) spectroscopy on thylakoid membranes of barley and pea are used to ..
- Structural competition involving G-quadruplex DNA and its complementWei Li
High Technology Research Center, Konan University, 8 9 1 Okamoto, Higashinada ku, Kobe 658 8501, Japan
Biochemistry 42:11736-44. 2003..5 reflects the fact that pH significantly influences the structural competition between the G-quadruplex, the I-motif, and the Watson-Crick duplex, which also implies a possible biological role for I-motifs in biological regulation...
- A thermodynamic overview of naturally occurring intramolecular DNA quadruplexesNiti Kumar
Proteomics and Structural Biology Unit, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, CSIR, Mall Road, Delhi 110 007, India
Nucleic Acids Res 36:5610-22. 2008..Our findings invoke a discussion on whether biological function is associated with quadruplexes with lower thermodynamic stability which undergo facile formation and disruption, or by quadruplexes with high thermodynamic stability...
- Terpenes in propylene glycol as skin-penetration enhancers: permeation and partition of haloperidol, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, and differential scanning calorimetryH K Vaddi
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science, 18, Science Drive 4, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543, Republic of Singapore
J Pharm Sci 91:1639-51. 2002..with HP-stratum corneum (SC) binding studies, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, and differential scanning calorimetry. The greatest increase in the permeation of HP was achieved with linalool followed by carvacrol and ..
- Unfolding thermodynamics of Trp-cage, a 20 residue miniprotein, studied by differential scanning calorimetry and circular dichroism spectroscopyWerner W Streicher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Biochemistry 46:2876-80. 2007..elucidate a detailed unfolding mechanism, we studied the thermodynamics of unfolding of Trp-cage by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and circular dichroism (CD) spectroscopy...
- Probing the thermodynamics of aminofluorene-induced translesion DNA synthesis by differential scanning calorimetryFengting Liang
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Rhode Island, 41 Lower College Road, Kingston, Rhode Island 02881, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:12108-9. 2007
- Peptide induced demixing in PG/PE lipid mixtures: a mechanism for the specificity of antimicrobial peptides towards bacterial membranes?Ahmad Arouri
Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Institute of Chemistry, Muehlpforte 1, D 06108 Halle Saale, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1788:650-9. 2009....
- Physical characterization of oleanolic acid nonsolvate and solvates prepared by solvent recrystallizationHenry H Y Tong
School of Health Sciences, Macao Polytechnic Institute, Macao, China
Int J Pharm 355:195-202. 2008..The PXRD patterns of commercial pharmaceutical grade OA and the OA-methanol were similar, so the commercial form is probably desolvated oleanolic acid methanol solvate...
- Evaluation of hydrate-screening methodsYong Cui
Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Pharm Sci 97:2730-44. 2008..A combination of the Slurry or TCS method with the MSS procedure could provide a screening strategy with reasonable reliability...
- Studies on the crystal forms of pefloxacin: preparation, characterization, and dissolution profileMange Ram Yadav
Pharmacy Department, Faculty of Technology and Engineering, The M S University of Baroda, Baroda, Vadodara 390 001, India
J Pharm Sci 97:2637-48. 2008..X-ray diffractometry (XRD), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), thermogravimetric analysis (TGA), infrared absorption spectroscopy (FT-IR), melting point, ..
- Bi-functional Therapeutics for Allergy-BFTASwey Shen Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..GFP exhibits salient thermostability (Tm at 82.6[unreadable]C by differential scanning calorimetry). Recombinant protein will be enriched via internal His-tag...
- Development of Age-Appropriate Fast Disintegrating Pediatric Granules and TabletsMOJI ADEYEYE; Fiscal Year: 2009..such as crystallinity, and state of hydration of the drug include powder X- Ray diffraction, differential scanning calorimetry, thermogravimetry and particle size analysis...
- Injectable, In Situ Forming Hydrogels for Craniofacial Tissue EngineeringTiffany Vo; Fiscal Year: 2013..and degradable functional groups will be synthesized and characterized using 1HNMR spectroscopy, differential scanning calorimetry, and rheometry...
- Allosteric Binding in Antibodies and Protein AntigensRobert C Blake; Fiscal Year: 2011..to, analytical ultracentrifugation, asymmetric field flow fractionation, isothermal titration and differential scanning calorimetry, and circular dichroism and other spectroscopic measurements...
- CRYOPRESERVATION OF DROSOPHILA MELANOGASTER EMBRYOSPETER STEPONKUS; Fiscal Year: 1993..tendency and stability of the amorphous state of these solutions will be characterized using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- EFFECTS OF GAMMA RADIATION ON BIOMEDICAL POLYMERSCato Laurencin; Fiscal Year: 1990..Additionally, the glass transition and melting point temperature parameters will be calculated using differential scanning calorimetry. Measurement of surface free energy and of work adhesion will be performed...
- THE MINERALIZATION OF TEETHGEORGE H ARVEY NANCOLLAS; Fiscal Year: 2012..scanning and transmission electron microscopy, EDX, small/wide-angle X-ray scattering, ESCA, SIMS, differential scanning calorimetry, and zeta potential...
- ADVANCED HIGH-RESOLUTION TWO-DIMENSIONAL X-RAY DETECTOR FOR MAMMOGRAPHYJACQUELINE ANNE JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2011..Specifically, we will: 1) Perform structural investigations via Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Scanning and Transmission Electron Microscopy, X-Ray Diffraction, Photoluminescence, X-ray excited ..
- Structure Based Themodynamic Studies of HIV-1 ProteaseErnesto Freire; Fiscal Year: 2012..thermodynamic measurements (high sensitivity isothermal titration calorimetry and high sensitivity differential scanning calorimetry), structure determination (x-ray crystallography) and structure-based thermodynamic analysis...
- Silicone-free glass pre-filled syringe system for Biological Drugs.VINAY SAKHRANI; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Differential scanning calorimetry will be used to detect changes in the thermodynamic stability of the proteins after extended storage ..
- EFFECT OF N-3 FATTY ACIDS ON HDL LIPID INTERACTIONJohn Parks; Fiscal Year: 1992..apoprotein conformation by circular dichroism and fluorescence spectroscopy, particle stability by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and lipid fluidity by proton NMR spectroscopy...
- MECHANISMS OF PHOSPHOLIPASE A2 REGULATIONJohn Bell; Fiscal Year: 1990..b>Differential scanning calorimetry, electron microscopy and [3lP] NMR will he used as necessary to characterize vesicle structure.
- GLYCOSPHINGOLIPIDS AND GM1-CHOLERA TOXIN INTERACTIONSG Shipley; Fiscal Year: 2000..these GSL and their interactions with phosphatidylcholine and cholesterol using x-ray diffraction, differential scanning calorimetry, and electron microscopy techniques...
- STRUCTURAL THERMODYNAMICS OF HUMAN APOLIPOPROTEIN C 1Olga Gursky; Fiscal Year: 2002..regions will be carried out by using a combination of far-UV circular dichroism spectroscopy, differential scanning calorimetry, and x-ray diffraction methods...
- DOMAIN STABILITY AND INTERACTIONS IN CD4Christie Brouillette; Fiscal Year: 1993..CD4 and domain fragments V1, V2 and V1V2 and the domain structure of s-CD4 will be studied by differential scanning calorimetry. (2) The oligomerization state of all macromolecules under study will be determined by analytical ..
- CROSSLINKED LIPOSOMES AS PARTICULATE DRUG CARRIERSMoo Cho; Fiscal Year: 1992..characterized by various electron microscopic techniques, and thermal behavior determined by differential scanning calorimetry. An important long-term objective is to develop liposomes containing water-soluble polar antibiotics ..
- THERMALLY SENSITIVE DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR TUMORSDavid Needham; Fiscal Year: 2004..and calorimetric analysis for drug release, electron microscopy for bilayer structure, and differential scanning calorimetry for characterizing the thermal properties of the liposomes...
- FOLDING AND ASSEMLY IN VISUAL RHODOPSINKEVIN RIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2000..Analysis of the unfolding transitions in the opsin polypeptide fragments by differential scanning calorimetry should verify whether they are composed of one or more independent folding domains...
- ULTRASENSITIVE CALORIMETRY SYSTEM FOR BIOMOLECULESPETER GETTINS; Fiscal Year: 2001..consists of an ultrasensitive isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC) unit and an ultrasensitive differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) unit...
- DSC OF IMMOBILIZED PROTEINSJOHN SHRIVER; Fiscal Year: 1992We propose to use differential scanning calorimetry to study the unfolding of proteins immobilized on solid supports...
- TRANSMEMBRANE DOMAINS IN MEMBRANE FUSIONJohn Lenard; Fiscal Year: 2003..of the TMD will be assessed by circular dichroism (CD), nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) using model peptides that possess the authentic VSV G protein TMD, compared with fusion ..
- THERMODYNAMICS OF DNA CONFORMATION AND INTERACTIONSLUIS MARKY; Fiscal Year: 1999..methods include temperature and pressure dependent UV and CD spectroscopy, high sensitivity differential scanning calorimetry, and titration calorimetry. In particular, Dr...
- LIPOXYGENASE CATALYSIS AND LIPID METABOLISMMAX FUNK; Fiscal Year: 2004..of the protein and its interactions with small molecules using isothermal titration calorimetry and differential scanning calorimetry, and to exploit these discoveries to gain a better understanding of lipoxygenase catalysis, e.g...
- DOMAIN INTERACTION IN GLOBULAR AND TRANSMEMBRANE PROTEINJOHN BRANDTS; Fiscal Year: 1993..A new thermodynamic model for multidomain proteins, based on results from differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), has been developed and will be tested to determine its usefullness...
- Lithium Ion Batteries for Implanted Medical DevicesVictor Koch; Fiscal Year: 2004..and resistance to thermal excursions under conditions of forced overcharge as determined by differential scanning calorimetry. Li-ion cells that incorporated the new electrolytes could be repeatedly cycled at physiological ..
- STRUCTURE/PERMEABILITY OF LIPOPOLYSACCHARIDE MEMBRANESTHOMAS MC INTOSH; Fiscal Year: 2002..The research involves the combined use of X-ray diffraction, differential scanning calorimetry, and antibiotitic permeability measurements of LPS and LPS:bacterial phospholipid bilayers in the ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF NEW MULTIFUNCTIONAL DENTAL ADHESIVESJ Eick; Fiscal Year: 1991..that show promise will be characterized by infrared spectroscopy, nuclear magnetic spectroscopy and differential scanning calorimetry to determine their chemical and physical nature...
- Lithium-Ion Batteries for Implanted Medical DevicesVictor Koch; Fiscal Year: 2002..To this end we will employ differential scanning calorimetry to determine the onset of thermochemical reactions between cathode material and electrolyte as a ..
- Organized Lipid Matrix: Structural Integrity and TasteWalter Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2001..stabilized lipid matrices will be evaluated using a range of physical methodologies (differential scanning calorimetry, x-ray diffraction, phosphorus NMR, freeze fracture electron microscopy, polarizing light microscopy,..
- PHOSPHOLIPID VESICLES--MODEL FOR BIOLOGICAL MEMBRANESCHING HSIEN HUANG; Fiscal Year: 1999..be synthesized, followed by thermodynamic and structural studies using principally the methods of differential scanning calorimetry and molecular mechanics calculations...
- Lung Surfactant Activity, Inhibition and ReplacementROBERT NOTTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..surface-active behavior (Wilhelmy balance, pulsating bubble, adsorption, Brewster-angle microscopy, differential scanning calorimetry, FTIR spectroscopy)...
- Structural Studies of Archaeal Ribonucleotide ReductasesHector Hernandez; Fiscal Year: 2005..Radioactive assays, circular dichroism, analytical ultracentifugation, differential scanning calorimetry, and dynamic light scattering will be used as the primary methods to characterize the expressed RNRs...
- MICROCALORIMETRY FACILITYBarbara Brodsky; Fiscal Year: 2001..b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) allows one to study thermal transitions in a wide range of biological systems...
- RHODOPSIN STRUCTURE AND ENVIRONMENT IN VISIONARLENE ALBERT; Fiscal Year: 2000..b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), circular dichroism (CD) and two-dimensional NMR will be used to determine the structures and ..
- Partial Protein Unfolding as a Novel Signaling MechanismWOUTER HOFF; Fiscal Year: 2005..by NMR spectroscopy, and by two novel methods: light-induced H/D exchange and light-induced differential scanning calorimetry. In addition, we will examine the hypothesis that the pB intermediate is a molten globule state by ..
- Defining the Effect of Mutations on Collagen FoldingMichael Bryan; Fiscal Year: 2007..how type I collagen propagates through a glycine mutation in Ol using Circular Dichroism (CD) and Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)...
- FREEZING, DRYING, AND REHYDRATION OF MAMMALIAN CELLSStephen Livesey; Fiscal Year: 1991..estimation of membrane transition by infrared spectroscopy, and water state determinations by differential scanning calorimetry. The goal will be maintenance of cellular structure, normal biochemical functionality and ..
- STRUCTURE, STABILITY AND REGULATION OF HUMAN ACIDIC FGFMichael Blaber; Fiscal Year: 2000..High sensitivity differential scanning calorimetry will be used to determine the effects of mutations upon thermodynamic parameters of unfolding, and ..
- The Structure and Assembly of Peptide AggregatesSEAN DECATUR; Fiscal Year: 2005..by prion peptides in solution, using a combination of isotope-edited infrared (IR) spectroscopy, differential scanning calorimetry, and peptide design and modification; (2) exploring the morphology, strand alignment, and formation ..
- LIPID-PROTEIN INTERACTIONSHENRY POWNALL; Fiscal Year: 1991..High sensitivity differential scanning calorimetry forms the cornerstone of this part of the project...
- SYNERETIC RESPONSE TO PRESSURE IN EYE TISSUEFREDERICK BETTELHEIM; Fiscal Year: 2000..The proposed study tries to verify this in rhesus monkey lenses using differential scanning calorimetry and thermogravimetric analysis to obtain freezable water/nonfreezable water (FW/NFW) ratio change as ..
- BINDING ENERGETICS OF DNA-CATIONIC BICELLE INTERACTIONSCHARLES SPINK; Fiscal Year: 2001..work is divided into two segments, involving first the characterization by light scattering and differential scanning calorimetry of the cationic bicelles prepared from available cationic phospholipids mixed with micelle-forming ..
- Energetics of Unfolding and Translocation by ClpAMELVA JAMES; Fiscal Year: 2007..state, single turnover kinetics (using stopped-flow and rapid chemical quench methods, if required), differential scanning calorimetry, and isothermal calorimetry will be used as the primary methods to obtain detailed mechanistic data...
- ADVANCED HIGH-RESOLUTION TWO-DIMENSIONAL X-RAY DETECTORJACQUELINE JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..in Germany; initial characterization will be done at Argonne National Laboratory (ANL) using Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) and Raman Spectroscopy...
- STRUCTURE AND STABILITY OF SINGLE-LAYER BETA-SHEETSShohei Koide; Fiscal Year: 2005..we will apply biophysical techniques including NMR spectroscopy, small angle X-ray scattering and differential scanning calorimetry, protein engineering and combinatorial library screening...
- STRUCTURAL/THERMODYMANIC STUDIES OF FOLDING AND BINDINGJeremy Berg; Fiscal Year: 2000..The techniques to be utilized include X-ray crystallography, nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, titration and differential scanning calorimetry, and computational methods.
- Distribution of PCB AtropisomersHans Joachim Lehmler; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long term career goal is to establish Dr. Lehmler as an investigator with independent research status and funding. ..
- Perfluorocarbon Materials As Drug Delivery VehiclesHans Joachim Lehmler; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Nrf2 SignalingMichael Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Far- and near UV CD will be used to assess secondary and tertiary structure, while conformational stability will be examined using differential scanning calorimetry.
- The Mechanism of Interferon Regulatory Factor (IRF) ActivationPeter L Privalov; Fiscal Year: 2010..Now, during two years of the expected Bridge Grant, we will concentrate on the realization of the (b) and (d) points of our proposal. ..
- Combined Chemoprevention Using a Nanotechnology-based Therapeutic SystemSunil Prabhu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CONFORMATIONAL STABILITY OF GLOBULAR PROTEINSCARLOS PACE; Fiscal Year: 2006..To gain a better understanding of protein solubility, we will study the effect of single changes in the amino acid sequence of RNase Sa on the solubility of the folded and unfolded states of the protein. ..
- CELLULAR THERMOSTABILITY AND THERMOTOLERANCEJAMES LEPOCK; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Ice Nucelation in Biological Tissues - Implications to CryopreservationRam Devireddy; Fiscal Year: 2007..SA2: Extension of the technique to measure ice nucleation kinetics in whole tissues. SA3: Modeling and prediction of ice nucleation kinetics in whole tissue sections. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FORCES STABILIZING NATIVE PROTEIN STRUCTURESPETER PRIVALOV; Fiscal Year: 2003..of the complex and all its components, over a broad temperature range and solvent conditions by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), and (c) the study of the dynamic properties (mobility of groups) in this temperature range ..
- Migraine Headache Treatment by Drug Aerosol InhalationJoshua Rabinowitz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Accomplishment of the goals of Phase II will lead directly to human clinical testing of a commercially viable device that could improve the lives of millions of people every year. ..
- Structure and function of antimicrobial peptidesAyyalusamy Ramamoorthy; Fiscal Year: 2008..b>Differential scanning calorimetry, deuterium NMR, and phosphorous-31 NMR experiments will also be used to probe local as well as ..
- Metabolomics of the Virus-host Cell InteractionJoshua D Rabinowitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such pathways, once identified, will be attractive new targets for antiviral therapy. ..
- Joint Action Analysis of Poly-drug WithdrawalRobert Raffa; Fiscal Year: 2006..g., electrophysiologic or molecular biology techniques. An improved understanding of how withdrawal is influenced by poly-drug abuse could lead to development of enhanced clinical treatment. ..
- Sequence Specific Triple Helix Forming MoleculesBarry Gold; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- SERPIN-PROTEASE REACTION, HYDRATION AND GEOMETRY CHANGESMaria McGee; Fiscal Year: 2002..This information will serve to develop therapies to prevent and control thromboembolic complications of cardiovascular disease. ..