Genomes and Genes
differential scanning calorimetry
Summary: Differential thermal analysis in which the sample compartment of the apparatus is a differential calorimeter, allowing an exact measure of the heat of transition independent of the specific heat, thermal conductivity, and other variables of the sample.
Publications284 found, 100 shown here
- Stability study of amorphous valdecoxibAnshuman A Ambike
Department of Pharmaceutics, Poona College of Pharmacy and Research Center, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Erandwane, Pune 411038, Maharashtra, India
Int J Pharm 282:151-62. 2004..The study thus definitely reveals tremendous potential of solid dispersions of valdecoxib with PVP, from stability point of view...
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC): a tool to study the thermal behavior of lipid bilayers and liposomal stabilityCostas Demetzos
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Pharmacy, University of Athens, Greece
J Liposome Res 18:159-73. 2008..b>Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) is a suitable thermal analysis technique for determining the purity, the polymorphic forms and ..
- Characterization of -trypsin at acid pH by differential scanning calorimetryE R Bittar
Instituto de Estudos Avan ados em Medicina Veterin ria, Universidade de Uberaba, Uberaba, MG, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 36:1621-7. 2003..We assessed the stability of -trypsin in the acid pH range using microcalorimetric (differential scanning calorimetry) techniques. Protein concentrations varied in the range of 0.05 to 2.30 mg/ml...
- Differential scanning microcalorimetry indicates that human defensin, HNP-2, interacts specifically with biomembrane mimetic systemsK Lohner
Institut für Biophysik und Röntgenstrukturforschung, Osterreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften, Graz, Austria
Biochemistry 36:1525-31. 1997....
- Differential scanning calorimetryCharles H Spink
Department of Chemistry, State University of New York Cortland, Cortland, New York 13045, USA
Methods Cell Biol 84:115-41. 2008b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) has emerged as a powerful experimental technique for determining thermodynamic properties of biomacromolecules...
- Enhancement of gemcitabine affinity for biomembranes by conjugation with squalene: differential scanning calorimetry and Langmuir-Blodgett studies using biomembrane modelsFrancesco Castelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita degli Studi di Catania, Viale Andrea Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
J Colloid Interface Sci 316:43-52. 2007..to form the gem-squalene prodrug, with dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine have been investigated by differential scanning calorimetry and Langmuir film balance techniques to gain information about the interaction of gemcitabine and ..
- Structures and analysis of highly homologous psychrophilic, mesophilic, and thermophilic adenylate kinasesEuiyoung Bae
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 279:28202-8. 2004....
- Differential scanning calorimetry in life science: thermodynamics, stability, molecular recognition and application in drug designG Bruylants
Molecular and Biomolecular Engineering, , Belgium
Curr Med Chem 12:2011-20. 2005..Along with isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) is a powerful method, less described than ITC, for measuring directly the thermodynamic ..
- Biomimetic transport of simple olive biophenol and analogues through model biological membranes by differential scanning calorimetryF Castelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, , Viale Andrea Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 49:5130-5. 2001..represented by dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine (DMPC) multilamellar vesicles (MLV) was studied by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Comparison of the stabilities and unfolding pathways of human apolipoprotein E isoforms by differential scanning calorimetry and circular dichroismPrathima Acharya
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1584:9-19. 2002b>Differential scanning calorimetry and circular dichroism experiments were performed to study structural differences among the common isoforms of human apolipoprotein E (apoE2, apoE3, and apoE4) and their N-terminal, 22-kDa fragments...
- Analysis of photopolymerization behavior of UDMA/TEGDMA resin mixture and its composite by differential scanning calorimetryYasuhiro Tanimoto
Department of Dental Materials, Research Institute of Oral Science, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, 2 870 1 Sakaecho nishi, Matsudo, Chiba 271 8587, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 72:310-5. 2005..Furthermore, Ep values decreased with increasing filler content between 0 and 60 wt % but did not decrease further between 60 and 70 wt %...
- Evaluation of the heat inactivation of Escherichia coli and Lactobacillus plantarum by differential scanning calorimetryJaesung Lee
Department of Food, Agricultural, and Biological Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:5379-86. 2002b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) is used to evaluate the thermal stability and reversibility after heat treatment of transitions associated with various cellular components of Escherichia coli and Lactobacillus plantarum...
- Differential scanning calorimetry and scanning thermal microscopy analysis of pharmaceutical materialsLaura Bond
Laboratory of Biophysics and Surface Analysis, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nottingham, University Park, NG7 2RD Nottingham, UK
Int J Pharm 243:71-82. 2002..evidence to show that microTA data can compare directly with that from the established approach of differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Differential scanning calorimetry and X-ray diffraction studies of the specificity of the interaction of antimicrobial peptides with membrane-mimetic systemsK Lohner
Institut für Biophysik und Röntgenstrukturforschung, Osterreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften, Steyrergasse 17 VI, A 8010, Graz, Austria
Biochim Biophys Acta 1462:141-56. 1999..b>Differential scanning calorimetry and X-ray diffraction studies have yielded a wealth of quantitative information on the effects of ..
- Use of differential scanning calorimetry to study lipid oxidation. 1. Oxidative stability of lecithin and linolenic acidMarcin Ulkowski
Department of Chemistry, Warsaw University, Pasteura 1, 02-093 Warsaw, Poland
J Agric Food Chem 53:9073-7. 2005The oxidation of linolenic acid (LNA) and soy lecithin was studied by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) with linear programmed heating rates (non-isothermal mode)...
- The use of differential scanning calorimetry to study drug-membrane interactionsThomas M Mavromoustakos
Institute of Organic and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, National Hellenic Research Foundation, Athens, Greece
Methods Mol Biol 400:587-600. 2007..Cholesterol, a main constituent of membrane bilayers, appears to disrupt the interdigitating effect. In general, the thermal effects of the drug incorporated into a membrane bilayer depends on the drug stereoelectronic properties...
- Differential scanning calorimetry in the study of lipid phase transitions in model and biological membranes: practical considerationsRuthven N A H Lewis
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Canada
Methods Mol Biol 400:171-95. 2007b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) is a relatively rapid, straightforward, and nonperturbing technique for studying the thermotropic phase behavior of hydrated lipid dispersions and of reconstituted lipid model or biological ..
- Morphology characterization of emulsions by differential scanning calorimetryD Clausse
Universite de Technologie de Compiegne, UMR CNRS 6067, B P 20529, 60205 Compiegne, France
Adv Colloid Interface Sci 117:59-74. 2005This article is a review of some results obtained by Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) for characterizing the morphology of emulsions...
- High sensitivity differential scanning calorimetry study of DNA-cationic liposome complexesMark Saunders
School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London, UK
Pharm Res 24:1954-61. 2007To investigate plasmid DNA interactions with liposomes prepared from dimyristoylglyceroethylphosphocholine (EDMPC) and DOPE using high sensitivity differential scanning calorimetry (HSDSC).
- Cooperativity and kinetics of phase transitions in nanopore-confined bilayers studied by differential scanning calorimetryAli M Alaouie
Biophys J 88:L11-3. 2005..crystal phase transition of phospholipid bilayers requires very slow temperature rates in differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) experiments to minimize any rate-dependent distortions...
- Molecular interaction and localization of tocotrienol-rich fraction (TRF) within the matrices of lipid nanoparticles: evidence studies by Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) and Proton Nuclear Magnetic Resonance spectroscopy ((1)H NMR)Hazem Ali
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Louisiana at Monroe, 1800 Bienville Drive, Monroe, LA 71201, USA
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 77:286-97. 2010..Such arrangement may have implication on future utility of the NLCs as drug delivery vehicles...
- Differential scanning calorimetry study on drug release from an inulin-based hydrogel and its interaction with a biomembrane model: pH and loading effectFrancesco Castelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita degli Studi di Catania, Viale Andrea Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 35:76-85. 2008..0 and 7.4 by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) that appears to be a suitable technique to follow the transfer kinetics of a drug from a ..
- Interaction of resveratrol and its trimethyl and triacetyl derivatives with biomembrane models studied by differential scanning calorimetryMaria Grazia Sarpietro
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita degli Studi di Catania, Viale Andrea Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 55:3720-8. 2007..by dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine (DMPC) multilamellar vesicles (MLV), has been studied by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Intracellular ice formation in yeast cells vs. cooling rate: predictions from modeling vs. experimental observations by differential scanning calorimetryShinsuke Seki
Fundamental and Applied Cryobiology Group, Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37932 2575, USA
Cryobiology 58:157-65. 2009..Experiments with differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) confirmed these predictions closely...
- Analysis of intracellular ice nucleation in Xenopus oocytes by differential scanning calorimetryF W Kleinhans
Fundamental and Applied Cryobiology Group, Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37932, USA
Cryobiology 52:128-38. 2006..We conclude that early stage oocytes are a good model system in which to investigate modulators of IIF, but that late stage oocytes are damaged during EIF and infrequently supercool...
- Membrane properties of plant sterols in phospholipid bilayers as determined by differential scanning calorimetry, resonance energy transfer and detergent-induced solubilizationKatrin K Halling
Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacy, Abo Akademi University, PO Box 66, FIN 20521 Turku, Finland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1664:161-71. 2004..campesterol, beta-sitosterol and stigmasterol in phospholipid bilayers were investigated by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), resonance energy transfer (RET) between trans parinaric acid (tPA) and 2-(6-(7-nitrobenz-2-..
- Thermal decomposition study of monovarietal extra virgin olive oil by simultaneous thermogravimetry/differential scanning calorimetry: relation with chemical compositionStefano Vecchio
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Chimica Materiali Ambiente, Universita La Sapienza, Roma
J Agric Food Chem 57:4793-800. 2009..two from Spain, and the others from Tunisia) was evaluated by simultaneous thermogravimetry (TG) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) analyses...
- Thermally induced chain exchange of smooth muscle tropomyosin dimers studied by differential scanning calorimetryV N Orlov
A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
FEBS Lett 433:241-4. 1998..alphaalpha, and betabeta, and of a 1:1 mixture of alphaalpha and betabeta homodimers was studied by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Effect of the hydrophobic nature of triacetyl-beta-cyclodextrin on the complexation with nicardipine hydrochloride: physicochemical and dissolution properties of the kneaded and spray-dried complexesCatarina Marques Fernandes
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 50:1597-602. 2002..In order to confirm the complexation between NC and TAbetaCD in the solid state, differential scanning calorimetry, X-ray diffractometry, Fourier transformation-infrared spectroscopy and scanning electron microscopy ..
- Holmium-loaded poly(L-lactic acid) microspheres: in vitro degradation studySander W Zielhuis
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biomacromolecules 7:2217-23. 2006..At the end of the experiment (52 weeks) highly crystalline fragments, as evidenced from Differential Scanning Calorimetry, were present. Infrared spectroscopy showed that these fragments consisted of holmium lactate...
- The effect of phalloidin and jasplakinolide on the flexibility and thermal stability of actin filamentsBalazs Visegrady
Department of Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, Szigeti str 12, Pecs H 7624, Hungary
FEBS Lett 565:163-6. 2004..The fluorescence and calorimetric measurements provided evidences that the extent of stabilization by jasplakinolide was greater than that by phalloidin...
- Structural competition involving G-quadruplex DNA and its complementWei Li
High Technology Research Center, Konan University, 8-9-1 Okamoto, Higashinada-ku, Kobe 658-8501, Japan
Biochemistry 42:11736-44. 2003..5 reflects the fact that pH significantly influences the structural competition between the G-quadruplex, the I-motif, and the Watson-Crick duplex, which also implies a possible biological role for I-motifs in biological regulation...
- Interactions of tryptophan-rich cathelicidin antimicrobial peptides with model membranes studied by differential scanning calorimetryValery V Andrushchenko
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, 2500 University Dr, NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
Biochim Biophys Acta 1768:2447-58. 2007..b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) has been applied here to study the effect of indolicidin and tritrpticin as well as five ..
- Calorimetric unfolding of the bimolecular and i-motif complexes of the human telomere complementary strand, d(C(3)TA(2))(4)Mahima Kaushik
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986025 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6025, USA
Biophys Chem 126:154-64. 2007..Furthermore, an enthalpy of 3.2 kcal/mol (bimolecular complex) and 5.0 kcal/mol (i-motif) is estimated for a single C*C(+)/C*C(+) base-pair stack...
- Headgroup structure and fatty acid chain length of the acidic phospholipids modulate the interaction of membrane mimetic vesicles with the antimicrobial peptide protegrin-1Weiguo Jing
Institute of Biophysics and X-ray Structure Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Graz
J Pept Sci 11:735-43. 2005..small beta-sheet antimicrobial peptide with acidic phospholipid model membranes was investigated by differential scanning calorimetry. We found that PG-1 can distinguish between liposomes of the anionic phospholipids DPPG, DPPS and ..
- Stability of DNA duplexes containing GG, CC, AA, and TT mismatchesAnna Tikhomirova
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, 144 College Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3M2, Canada
Biochemistry 45:10563-71. 2006..We discuss implications of our results for understanding the origins of initial recognition of mismatched DNA sites by enzymes of the DNA repair machinery...
- Differential scanning calorimetry of the effects of Ca2+ on the thermal unfolding of Pseudomonas cepacia lipaseAkiyoshi Tanaka
Faculty of Bioresources, Mie University, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67:207-10. 2003..These results confirmed the validity of the unfolding mechanism proposed previously: NCa2+ < = => D + Ca2+, where N and D represent the native and denatured states, respectively, of the enzyme...
- A simple model for the cooperative stabilisation of actin filaments by phalloidin and jasplakinolideBalazs Visegrady
Department of Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, Szigeti str 12, Pecs H 7624, Hungary
FEBS Lett 579:6-10. 2005..of magnesium actin filaments by phalloidin and jasplakinolide was studied using the method of differential scanning calorimetry. The results showed that actin could adapt three conformations in the presence of drugs...
- Effects of troponin on thermal unfolding of actin-bound tropomyosinE V Kremneva
Bach Institute of Biochemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 119071, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 68:802-9. 2003b>Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) was used to study the effect of troponin (Tn) and its isolated components on the thermal unfolding of skeletal muscle tropomyosin (Tm) bound to F-actin...
- On the propensity of phosphatidylglycerols to form interdigitated phasesGeorg Pabst
Institute of Biophysics and Nanosystems Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, 8042 Graz, Austria
Biophys J 93:513-25. 2007....
- Design and construction of highly stable, protease-resistant chimeric avidinsVesa P Hytönen
Department of Biological and Environmental Science, P O Box 35 YAB FIN 40014, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
J Biol Chem 280:10228-33. 2005..1 degrees C). This study provides an example of rational protein engineering in which another member of the protein family has been utilized as a source in the optimization of selected properties...
- Energetics of nucleic acid stability: the effect of DeltaCPAnna Tikhomirova
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, 19 Russell Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2S2, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 126:16387-94. 2004..We have proposed some general microscopic interpretations for the observed sequence-specific and conformation-specific thermodynamic differences between the duplexes...
- Ibuprofen-loaded ethylcellulose/polystyrene microspheres: an approach to get prolonged drug release with reduced burst effect and low ethylcellulose contentM Saravanan
Department of Pharmaceutics, Vel s College of Pharmacy, Old Pallavaram, Chennai 600117, India
J Microencapsul 20:289-302. 2003..by the solvent evaporation technique and characterized by drug loading, infrared spectroscopy, differential scanning calorimetry and scanning electron microscopy...
- Energetic basis of molecular recognition in a DNA aptamerG Reid Bishop
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Mississippi College, 200 S Capitol St, Clinton, MS 39058, USA
Biophys Chem 126:165-75. 2007....
- Mutations near amino end of alpha1(I) collagen cause combined osteogenesis imperfecta/Ehlers-Danlos syndrome by interference with N-propeptide processingWayne A Cabral
Bone and Extracellular Matrix Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 280:19259-69. 2005..b>Differential scanning calorimetry revealed that these mutant collagens are less stable than the corresponding procollagens, which is ..
- Characterization of temperature-induced phase transitions in five polymorphic forms of sulfathiazole by terahertz pulsed spectroscopy and differential scanning calorimetryJ Axel Zeitler
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Pharm Sci 95:2486-98. 2006..The phase transitions can be monitored by terahertz pulsed spectroscopy. Polymorphic impurities of the samples can be detected in the room temperature spectra and their effect on the phase transition behavior can be studied...
- Conformational study of human serum albumin in pre-denaturation temperatures by differential scanning calorimetry, circular dichroism and UV spectroscopyMostafa Rezaei Tavirani
Faculty of Medicine, Medical University of Ilam, Ilam, Iran
J Biochem Mol Biol 39:530-6. 2006....
- Terpenes in propylene glycol as skin-penetration enhancers: permeation and partition of haloperidol, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, and differential scanning calorimetryH K Vaddi
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science, 18, Science Drive 4, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543, Republic of Singapore
J Pharm Sci 91:1639-51. 2002..with HP-stratum corneum (SC) binding studies, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, and differential scanning calorimetry. The greatest increase in the permeation of HP was achieved with linalool followed by carvacrol and ..
- Length and pH-dependent energetics of (CCG)n and (CGG)n trinucleotide repeatsS Amrane
Laboratoire de Biophysique, , USM 503 INSERM UR 565, CNRS UMR 5153, 43, rue Cuvier, 75231 Paris Cedex 5, France
Biochimie 88:1125-34. 2006..and (CGG)(n) oligodeoxynucleotides were analysed using a combination of biophysical (UV-absorbance, differential scanning calorimetry) and biochemical methods (non-denaturing gel electrophoresis, enzymatic footprinting)...
- Probing the thermodynamics of aminofluorene-induced translesion DNA synthesis by differential scanning calorimetryFengting Liang
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Rhode Island, 41 Lower College Road, Kingston, Rhode Island 02881, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:12108-9. 2007
- Thermodynamic contributions of the reactions of DNA intramolecular structures with their complementary strandsHui Ting Lee
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986025 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6025, USA
Biochimie 90:1052-63. 2008..This methodology may be used in targeting reactions for the control of gene expression...
- The effects of hydrostatic pressure on ribosome conformation in Escherichia coli: and in vivo study using differential scanning calorimetryG W Niven
Institute of Food Research, Reading Laboratory, UK
Microbiology 145:419-25. 1999b>Differential scanning calorimetry of whole Escherichia coil cells allowed the detection in vivo of changes in ribosome conformation...
- Structural rearrangements in chloroplast thylakoid membranes revealed by differential scanning calorimetry and circular dichroism spectroscopy. Thermo-optic effectAnelia G Dobrikova
Institute of Biophysics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Acad. G. Bonchev Bl. 21, Sofia 1113, Bulgaria
Biochemistry 42:11272-80. 2003..et al. (2002) Biochemistry 41, 15121-15129]. In this paper, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and circular dichroism (CD) spectroscopy on thylakoid membranes of barley and pea are used to ..
- Unfolding of G-quadruplexes: energetic, and ion and water contributions of G-quartet stackingChris M Olsen
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198-6025, USA
J Phys Chem B 110:6962-9. 2006..We used differential scanning calorimetry to obtain complete thermodynamic profiles for the unfolding of each quadruplex...
- A thermodynamic overview of naturally occurring intramolecular DNA quadruplexesNiti Kumar
Proteomics and Structural Biology Unit, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, CSIR, Mall Road, Delhi 110 007, India
Nucleic Acids Res 36:5610-22. 2008..Our findings invoke a discussion on whether biological function is associated with quadruplexes with lower thermodynamic stability which undergo facile formation and disruption, or by quadruplexes with high thermodynamic stability...
- Peptide induced demixing in PG/PE lipid mixtures: a mechanism for the specificity of antimicrobial peptides towards bacterial membranes?Ahmad Arouri
Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Institute of Chemistry, Muehlpforte 1, D 06108 Halle Saale, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1788:650-9. 2009....
- Lipid reorganization induced by membrane-active peptides probed using differential scanning calorimetryPierre Joanne
UPMC Univ Paris 06, FRE 2852 Peptidome de la Peau d Amphibiens, Paris F 75005, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1788:1772-81. 2009..of selected CPPs and AMPs to reorganize the planar distribution of binary lipid mixtures by means of differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- A second look at mini-protein stability: analysis of FSD-1 using circular dichroism, differential scanning calorimetry, and simulationsJianwen A Feng
Center for Computational Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Biophys J 97:2803-10. 2009..zinc-finger motif independent of zinc binding, was investigated using circular dichroism, differential scanning calorimetry, and replica-exchange molecular dynamics...
- Heat capacity changes associated with nucleic acid foldingPeter J Mikulecky
Department of Chemistry, Indiana University, 800 East Kirkwood Avenue Bloomington, IN 47401, USA
Biopolymers 82:38-58. 2006....
- Characterization of intramolecular interactions of HIV-1 accessory protein Nef by differential scanning calorimetryTeresa D Groesch
Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, 3400 Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Biophys Chem 126:36-42. 2007..and the structural core of Nef, an HIV-1 accessory protein, have been studied by high sensitivity differential scanning calorimetry. Critical interactions have been identified by measuring the structural energetics of both ..
- Unfolding thermodynamics of Trp-cage, a 20 residue miniprotein, studied by differential scanning calorimetry and circular dichroism spectroscopyWerner W Streicher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Biochemistry 46:2876-80. 2007..elucidate a detailed unfolding mechanism, we studied the thermodynamics of unfolding of Trp-cage by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and circular dichroism (CD) spectroscopy...
- A stability pattern of protein hydrophobic mutations that reflects evolutionary structural optimizationRaquel Godoy-Ruiz
Departamento de Quimica Fisica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, Campus Fuentenueva s n, 18071 Granada, Spain
Biophys J 89:3320-31. 2005..To illustrate this novel approach and provide general guidelines for its application, we develop here a simple evolutionary model that successfully explains the effect of the I<-->V mutations on thioredoxin stability...
- Incorporation of cationic chains in the Dickerson-Drew dodecamer: correlation of energetics, structure, and ion and water bindingRonald Shikiya
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986025 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198-6025, USA
Biochemistry 44:12582-8. 2005..The overall results are consistent with the NMR solution of the modified duplex that showed a small bend at each modified site...
- Monosaccharide composition, chain length and linkage type influence the interactions of oligosaccharides with dry phosphatidylcholine membranesConstança Cacela
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, D 14424 Potsdam, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1758:680-91. 2006..Using Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy and differential scanning calorimetry, we show that the degree of lyoprotection of the different sugars is closely related to their ..
- Study of retinoic acid polymorphismGabriele Caviglioli
Dipartimento di Chimica e Tecnologie Farmaceutiche ed Alimentari, Universita degli Studi di Genova, Via Brigata Salerno ponte, 16147 Genova, Italy
J Pharm Sci 95:2207-21. 2006..A validated DSC method is presented that enables detection of the presence of form I at a level of 1% (w/w) when in mixture with form II...
- Solid-liquid phase behavior of binary fatty acid mixtures 3. Mixtures of oleic acid with capric acid (decanoic acid) and caprylic acid (octanoic acid)Tohru Inoue
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Fukuoka University, Nanakuma, Jonan ku, Fukuoka 814 0180, Japan
Chem Phys Lipids 132:225-34. 2004..of oleic acid (OA)/capric acid (C10A) and OA/caprylic acid (C8A) were investigated by means of differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR), and X-ray diffraction...
- Effect of heterocyclic based organoclays on the properties of polyimide-clay nanocompositesP Santhana Gopala Krishnan
Molecular and Performance Materials Cluster, Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, Singapore 117602
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 5:1148-57. 2005..The nanocomposite films had superior tensile properties, thermal behavior, and solvent resistance. Among the three organoclays, piperazine dihydrochloride was the best modifier...
- Effect of milling conditions on the solid-state conversion of ranitidine hydrochloride form 1N Chieng
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, P.O. Box 913, Dunedin, New Zealand
Int J Pharm 327:36-44. 2006..infrared Fourier transform spectroscopy (DRIFTS), solid-state nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) were used to monitor solid-state properties of the milled samples...
- Solid state characteristics of ternary solid dispersions composed of PVP VA64, Myrj 52 and itraconazoleXin Wang
Laboratorium voor Farmacotechnologie en Biofarmacie, Faculteit Farmaceutische Wetenschappen, K.U.Leuven, Campus Gasthuisberg O+N, Herestraat 49, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium
Int J Pharm 303:54-61. 2005..Binary and ternary solid dispersions were characterized by standard and modulated temperature differential scanning calorimetry and X-ray powder diffraction...
- Enhancement of endotoxin neutralization by coupling of a C12-alkyl chain to a lactoferricin-derived peptideJörg Andrä
Research Center Borstel, Leibniz Center for Medicine and Biosciences, Division of Biophysics, Parkallee 10, D 23845 Borstel, Germany
Biochem J 385:135-43. 2005..These data contribute to the understanding of the mechanisms of the peptide-mediated neutralization of endotoxin and effect of lipid modification of peptides...
- Polymorphism and thermodynamics of m-hydroxybenzoic acidFredrik L Nordstrom
Department of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Royal Institute of Technology, Teknikringen 28, SE 100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Pharm Sci 28:377-84. 2006..Hence, this system appears to be an exception to the Burger and Ramberger melting enthalpy rule, and the probable reason for this is found in the difference in the heat capacity of the two solid forms...
- Preparation and evaluation of solid dispersion for nitrendipine-carbopol and nitrendipine-HPMCP systems using a twin screw extruderLiang Wang
Department of Pharmaceutics, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, PR China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 53:1240-5. 2005..Powder X-ray diffraction (PXRD) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) evaluation showed that solid dispersions can be formed when NIT-HPMCP and NIT-CAR mixtures are ..
- Structural characteristics and crystal polymorphism of three local anaesthetic bases crystal polymorphism of local anaesthetic drugs: part VIIA C Schmidt
Institute of Pharmacy, Ph Technology, University of Innsbruck, Innrain 52, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Int J Pharm 298:186-97. 2005..crystal forms and their solid state characteristics have been determined by thermomicroscopy, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), FTIR-, FT-Raman-spectroscopy as well as X-ray powder diffractometry...
- Etodolac-liquid-filled dispersion into hard gelatin capsules: an approach to improve dissolution and stability of etodolac formulationN S Barakat
King Saud University, College of Pharmacy, Dept of Pharmaceutics, Saudi Arabia
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 32:865-76. 2006..The physical characteristics of the binary systems were determined by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), infrared spectroscopy (IR)...
- Use of a glutaric acid cocrystal to improve oral bioavailability of a low solubility APIDaniel P McNamara
Purdue Pharma L P, 444 Saw Mill River Road, Ardsley, New York 10502, USA
Pharm Res 23:1888-97. 2006..When traditional methods of forming salts and amorphous material failed to produce a viable solid form for continued development, we turned to the non-traditional approach of cocrystallization...
- Mechanical compression affecting the thermal-induced conformational stability and denaturation temperature of human fibrinogenShan Yang Lin
Biopharmaceutics Laboratory, Department of Medical Research and Education, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Shih Pai, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Biol Macromol 37:127-33. 2005..The solid FBG sample, whether prepared by 1 KBr or 2 KBr method, was also found to show the thermal-irreversible property...
- Physical characterization of blends of poly(D-lactide) and LHRH (a leuprolide decapeptide analog)Carole Fraschini
, , C.P.6128, Succursale Centre-Ville, , , Canada, H3C 3J7
Biomacromolecules 6:3112-8. 2005..From these observations it is concluded that the LHRH modifies the crystallization of PDLA without, however, the formation of a stereocomplex...
- Thermally induced alpha-helix to beta-sheet transition in regenerated silk fibers and filmsLawrence F Drummy
Materials and Manufacturing Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Dayton, Ohio 45433, USA
Biomacromolecules 6:3328-33. 2005..Modulated differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) of the films showed an endothermic melting peak followed by an exothermic crystallization peak,..
- Characterization of polymeric dispersions of dimenhydrinate in ethyl cellulose for controlled releaseJ Desai
Department of Industrial Pharmacy, University of Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Int J Pharm 308:115-23. 2006....
- Spray drying for generation of a ternary amorphous system of celecoxib, PVP, and megluminePiyush Gupta
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology (Formulations, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER, Punjab, India
Pharm Dev Technol 10:273-81. 2005..This technique can serve as a suitable means for generating a ready-to-formulate amorphous drug-additive(s) composite that can be directly filled into hard gelatin capsules...
- Solid-state stability and characterization of hot-melt extruded poly(ethylene oxide) filmsSuneela Prodduturi
Food and Drug Administration, Division of Pharmaceutical Analysis, St. Louis, Missouri 63101, USA
J Pharm Sci 94:2232-45. 2005..The solid-state characterization of the drug and the polymer were performed utilizing differential scanning calorimetry and X-ray diffractometry...
- Zinc phosphate as versatile material for potential biomedical applications Part 1L Herschke
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Ackermannweg 10, D 55128, Mainz, Germany
J Mater Sci Mater Med 17:81-94. 2006..interrelation has been thoroughfully investigated by means of X-Ray diffraction (XRD) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), combined with thermogravimetry (TGA-MS)...
- Self-assembly of fatty acid-alkylboladiamine saltsJean Paul Douliez
équipe Interfaces et Systèmes Dispersés, BIA, INRA, rue de la Geraudiere, F 44316 Nantes, France
Langmuir 22:622-7. 2006..However, for a long alkylboladiamine such as spermine, worm-like micelles formed. The phase behavior at high temperature is discussed in terms of molecular volume...
- Stabilization of solid dispersions of nimodipine and polyethylene glycol 2000Nora Anne Urbanetz
Institut für Pharmazeutische Technologie und Biopharmazie, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Universitatsstrasse 1, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Eur J Pharm Sci 28:67-76. 2006..On the contrary, stabilization by solubility enhancement was only successful at drug loadings not exceeding 1% (m/m) using polyethylene glycol 300 as solubility enhancing additive...
- Biochemical and conformational characterisation of HSP-3, a stallion seminal plasma protein of the cysteine-rich secretory protein (CRISP) familyL Magdaleno
Instituto de Quimica Fisica Rocasolano, C S I C, Madrid, Spain
FEBS Lett 420:179-85. 1997..Analysis of the spectroscopic and calorimetric data indicates the occurrence of aggregation of denatured HSP-3 molecules and suggests the monomer as the cooperative unfolding unit...
- Physical characterization of oleanolic acid nonsolvate and solvates prepared by solvent recrystallizationHenry H Y Tong
School of Health Sciences, Macao Polytechnic Institute, Macao, China
Int J Pharm 355:195-202. 2008..The PXRD patterns of commercial pharmaceutical grade OA and the OA-methanol were similar, so the commercial form is probably desolvated oleanolic acid methanol solvate...
- Crystal growth of phase matchable new organic nonlinear optical material for UV laser generationJ Ramajothi
Department of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli 620024, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:1271-6. 2008..The phase matching condition was obtained by Kurtz powder second harmonic generation (SHG) efficiency test. The laser damage threshold of the grown crystal was measured using a Q-Switched Nd:YAG laser (1064 nm)...
- Crystallization and transitions of sulfamerazine polymorphsGeoff G Z Zhang
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Weaver Densford Hall, 308 Harvard Street S E, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455 0343, USA
J Pharm Sci 91:1089-100. 2002..I and II, were physically characterized by optical microscopy, powder X-ray diffractometry, differential scanning calorimetry, carbon-13 solid-state nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, and measurements of aqueous ..
- Equilibrium unfolding of the C-terminal SAM domain of p73Francisco N Barrera
, , 03202 Elche, Alicante, Spain
Biochemistry 41:5743-53. 2002..techniques (circular dichroism, fluorescence, and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopies, and differential scanning calorimetry). Those probes indicate that SAMp73 folds via a two-state mechanism...
- Crystallization of water in multilamellar vesiclesThierry Lefevre
Centre de Recherche en Sciences et Technologie du Lait STELA, Faculté des sciences de l agriculture et de l alimentation, Pavillon Paul Comtois, Local 1316, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Eur Biophys J 31:126-35. 2002..to the crystallization of interstitial water, as proved by Fourier transform infrared absorption and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) experiments...
- Phase characterization of indomethacin in adsorbates onto hydroxyethylcelluloseSvetla Bogdanova
Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 33:900-6. 2007..The changed indomethacin phase state in the adsorbates remains stable for one-year storage at ambient conditions. These results could be of practical importance...
- Hydrate modifications of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac sodium: Solid-state characterisation of a trihydrate formMonica Bartolomei
Dipartimento del Farmaco, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Pharm Biomed Anal 45:443-9. 2007..Furthermore, this study suggests that isomorphic hydrate forms with a different dislocation of water within the crystal structures can exist...
- Supercritical antisolvent precipitation of nimesulide: preliminary experimentsM Moneghini
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Trieste, P le Europa 1, 34127 Trieste, Italy
Curr Drug Deliv 4:241-8. 2007..Scanning electron microscopy, differential scanning calorimetry, X-Ray diffractometry and in vitro dissolution tests were employed to study how the technological ..
- Studies on the crystal forms of pefloxacin: preparation, characterization, and dissolution profileMange Ram Yadav
Pharmacy Department, Faculty of Technology and Engineering, The M S University of Baroda, Baroda, Vadodara 390 001, India
J Pharm Sci 97:2637-48. 2008..X-ray diffractometry (XRD), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), thermogravimetric analysis (TGA), infrared absorption spectroscopy (FT-IR), melting point, ..
- Long-term stabilisation potential of poly(vinylpyrrolidone) for amorphous lactose in spray-dried compositesJonas Berggren
Department of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, Box 580, SE 751 23, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Pharm Sci 21:209-15. 2004..The solid-state structure of the particles after storage was analysed by differential scanning calorimetry. It was found that the presence of PVP increased the critical relative humidity (RH) for ..
- Solid dispersions of dihydroartemisinin in polyvinylpyrrolidoneMuhammad Tayyab Ansari
Department of Pharmacy, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan Post Code 60800, Pakistan
Arch Pharm Res 31:390-8. 2008..properties were investigated with X-ray diffraction, fourier transform infrared spectrophotometry, differential scanning calorimetry, equilibrium solubility at twenty five and thirty seven degree centigrade...
- Solid-state interaction of stearic acid with povidone and its effect on dissolution stability of capsulesD Desai
Bristol Myers Squibb Co, PO Box 191, New Brunswick, NJ 08903 0191, United States
Int J Pharm 354:77-81. 2008..heating and cooling cycles of povidone and stearic acid mixtures in various proportions using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) showed that recrystallization of stearic acid from its melt was strongly affected by the ..
- Formulation and characterization of ternary solid dispersions made up of Itraconazole and two excipients, TPGS 1000 and PVPVA 64, that were selected based on a supersaturation screening studySandrien Janssens
Laboratorium voor Farmacotechnologie en Biofarmacie, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:158-66. 2008..The precipitation after 1h, however, is probably due to the combination of the surfactant properties of TPGS and the small crystalline Itraconazole fraction...
- An investigation into the effects of thermal history on the crystallisation behaviour of amorphous paracetamolSheng Qi
School of Chemical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:364-71. 2008..The study has demonstrated that the thermal history and encapsulation method may profoundly influence the polymorphic forms generated from amorphous paracetamol...
- Preparation and evaluation of Ibuprofen solid dispersion systems with kollidon particles using a pulse combustion dryer systemLu Xu
School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, P R China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 55:1545-50. 2007..Physicochemical properties of the SDs obtained were investigated by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), powder X-ray diffraction (PXRD), scanning electron microscope (SEM), and Fourier ..
- Characterization of the hydroxypropylmethylcellulose-nicotinamide binary systemT Hino
School of Pharmacy and Chemistry, James Parsons Building, Liverpool John Moores University, Byrom Street, L3 3AF, Liverpool, UK
Int J Pharm 219:39-49. 2001..At X(HPMC)<0.4, differential scanning calorimetry peaks originating from recrystallization and melting of nicotinamide were observed in the cooling ..
- Controlled Delivery of InsulinJagdish Singh; Fiscal Year: 2007..5]. To evaluate the conformational stability of released insulin by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). ...
- Structural Thermodynamics of Human Apolipoprotein C-1Olga Gursky; Fiscal Year: 2007..of far- and near-UV circular dichroism and fluorescence spectroscopy, electron microscopy, differential scanning calorimetry, and x-ray diffraction methods...
- Prenyldiphosphate Synthase Inhibitors: Novel Anti-Infective AgentsEric Oldfield; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will investigate inhibitor binding by using isothermal titration calorimetry and differential scanning calorimetry, as well as by using classical enzyme inhibition techniques, to deduce ligand binding constants (KB) ..
- Prenyldiphosphate Synthase Inhibitors: Novel Anti-Infective AgentsEric Oldfield; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will investigate inhibitor binding by using isothermal titration calorimetry and differential scanning calorimetry, as well as by using classical enzyme inhibition techniques, to deduce ligand binding constants (KB) ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF HYPERTHERMIC CELLULAR INACTIVATIONMichael Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2000..Protein denaturation will be assessed by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Structural Thermodynamics of Human Apolipoprotein C-1Olga Gursky; Fiscal Year: 2003..of far- and near-UV circular dichroism and fluorescence spectroscopy, electron microscopy, differential scanning calorimetry, and x-ray diffraction methods...
- Structural Thermodynamics of Human Apolipoprotein C-1Olga Gursky; Fiscal Year: 2006..of far- and near-UV circular dichroism and fluorescence spectroscopy, electron microscopy, differential scanning calorimetry, and x-ray diffraction methods...
- SITE DIRECTED MUTAGENESIS OF ASPARTATE AMINO TRANSFERASEJACK KIRSCH; Fiscal Year: 1992..These mutant enzymes will be characterized physically by circular dichroism and differential scanning calorimetry in Berkeley; by crystallography in collaboration and by NMR in collaboration Kinetic and mechanistic ..
- SHORT- AND LONG-RANGE FORCES BETWEEN MEMBRANCE SURFACESTHOMAS MC INTOSH; Fiscal Year: 1993..bilayer electric fields, (5) surface pressure-area monolayer isotherms to obtain the in-plane interactions between the PEG-lipids, and (6) differential scanning calorimetry to obtain the phase behavior of bilayers containing PEG-lipids.
- FUNDAMENTALS OF LUNG SURFACTANT ACTIVITY AND INHIBITIONROBERT NOTTER; Fiscal Year: 2001..Brewster-angle microscopy, X-ray diffraction, differential scanning calorimetry, and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy are also used to enhance interpretations at the ..
- FUNDAMENTAL CRYOBIOLOGY OF MACAQUE SPERMATOZOAStuart Meyers; Fiscal Year: 2005..Computerized sperm motility analysis, epifluorescence and confocal microscopy, flow cytometry, differential scanning calorimetry, and cell volumetric analysis will be used to evaluate sperm functional parameters and sublethal ..
- ADVANCED HIGH-RESOLUTION TWO-DIMENSIONAL X-RAY DETECTOR FOR MAMMOGRAPHYJACQUELINE ANNE JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2011..Specifically, we will: 1) Perform structural investigations via Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Scanning and Transmission Electron Microscopy, X-Ray Diffraction, Photoluminescence, X-ray excited ..
- ADVANCED HIGH-RESOLUTION TWO-DIMENSIONAL X-RAY DETECTOR FOR MAMMOGRAPHYJACQUELINE ANNE JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically, we will: 1) Perform structural investigations via Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Scanning and Transmission Electron Microscopy, X-Ray Diffraction, Photoluminescence, X-ray excited ..
- THERMALLY SENSITIVE DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR TUMORSDavid Needham; Fiscal Year: 2004..and calorimetric analysis for drug release, electron microscopy for bilayer structure, and differential scanning calorimetry for characterizing the thermal properties of the liposomes...
- STRUCTURAL THERMODYNAMICS OF HUMAN APOLIPOPROTEIN C 1Olga Gursky; Fiscal Year: 2002..regions will be carried out by using a combination of far-UV circular dichroism spectroscopy, differential scanning calorimetry, and x-ray diffraction methods...