Genomes and Genes
Summary: The total amount (cell number, weight, size or volume) of tumor cells or tissue in the body.
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- Comparative preclinical activity of the folate-targeted Vinca alkaloid conjugates EC140 and EC145Christopher P Leamon
Endocyte, Inc, 3000 Kent Ave, West Lafayette, IN 47906, USA
Int J Cancer 121:1585-92. 2007..Furthermore, EC145 was not found to be active against a FR-negative tumor model. Additional preclinical studies are therefore warranted to better understand EC145's breadth of activity against FR-positive tumors...
- Increased circulating myeloid-derived suppressor cells correlate with clinical cancer stage, metastatic tumor burden, and doxorubicin-cyclophosphamide chemotherapyC Marcela Diaz-Montero
Department of Surgery, Medical University of South Carolina, Hollings Cancer Center, Charleston, SC, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 58:49-59. 2009..that circulating MDSC levels correlate with clinical cancer stage, CTX-based chemotherapy, and metastatic tumor burden. Whole blood was collected from 106 newly diagnosed solid tumor patients (stages I-IV)...
- Inhibition of NF-kappa B activity in mammary epithelium increases tumor latency and decreases tumor burdenL Connelly
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232 6838, USA
Oncogene 30:1402-12. 2011..We observed an increase in tumor latency and a decrease in final tumor burden in DNMP mice compared with PyVT controls...
- Outcome of partial hepatectomy for large (> 10 cm) hepatocellular carcinomaKui-Hin Liau
Hepatobiliary Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer 104:1948-55. 2005..Minimizing intraoperative blood loss appears to be critical for favorable long-term outcome in patients with large HCC...
- Complementarity of ultrasound and fluorescence imaging in an orthotopic mouse model of pancreatic cancerCynthia S Snyder
Moores UCSD Cancer Center, University of California, La Jolla, CA, USA
BMC Cancer 9:106. 2009..goal, we performed whole-body fluorescence imaging and ultrasound imaging to evaluate and to compare these noninvasive imaging modalities for assessing tumor burden and tumor progression in an orthotopic mouse model of pancreatic cancer.
- Serum levels of OPG, RANKL and RANKL/OPG ratio in newly-diagnosed patients with multiple myeloma. Clinical correlationsVeselina Goranova-Marinova
Clinic of Hematology, University Hospital Sv Georgi Plovdiv, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Haematologica 92:1000-1. 2007..Renal failure modified the expression of OPG. RANKL and RANKL/OPG ratios are informative markers for myeloma tumor burden and MBD.
- Non-invasive detection of a small number of bioluminescent cancer cells in vivoJae Beom Kim
Caliper Life Sciences Inc, Alameda, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9364. 2010..Significantly higher luciferase activity in these cells allowed us to detect micrometastases in both, syngeneic Balb/c and nu/nu mice...
- Lung cancer: computerized quantification of tumor response--initial resultsBinsheng Zhao
Department of Medical Physics and Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Radiology 241:892-8. 2006..To prospectively quantify tumor response or progression in patients with lung cancer by using thin-section computed tomography (CT) and a semiautomated algorithm to calculate tumor volume and other parameter values...
- Functional MR imaging assessment of tumor response after 90Y microsphere treatment in patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinomaIhab R Kamel
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:49-56. 2007....
- Tumor growth instability and its implications for chemotherapyPaolo Castorina
Dipartimento di Fisica, Universita di Catania, Istituto Nazionale Fisica Nucleare Catania, and Centro Siciliano Fisica Nucleare e Struttura della Materia, Catania, Italy
Cancer Res 69:8507-15. 2009..Both cases point toward testable potential refinements of the Norton-Simon late intensity schedule...
- Head and neck cancer: how imaging predicts treatment outcomeRobert Hermans
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Cancer Imaging 6:S145-53. 2006..Early posttreatment imaging studies contain important prognostic information, and allow selection of patients for further treatment or watchful waiting...
- The importance of tumor volume in the prognosis of patients with glioblastoma: comparison of computerized volumetry and geometric modelsGeorgios Iliadis
Department of Radiation Oncology, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Strahlenther Onkol 185:743-50. 2009....
- Prognostic impact of postoperative, pre-irradiation (18)F-fluoroethyl-l-tyrosine uptake in glioblastoma patients treated with radiochemotherapyMarc D Piroth
Department of Radiation Oncology, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Germany
Radiother Oncol 99:218-24. 2011..In a prospective study we investigated the prognostic impact of postoperative tumor volume and tumor/brain ratios (TBR) in PET using O-(2-[(18)F]fluoroethyl)-l-tyrosine (FET) in comparison with MRI...
- Serum C-reactive protein (CRP) levels in cancer patients are linked with tumor burden and are reduced by anti-hypertensive medicationMichael I Koukourakis
Department of Radiotherapy Oncology, University Hospital of Alexandroupolis, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Inflammation 32:169-75. 2009..Anti-hypertensive drugs appear as potent suppressors of the tumor-induced CRP production...
- Pre-clinical mouse models of primary and metastatic pleural cancers of the lung and breast and the use of bioluminescent imaging to monitor pleural tumor burdenElliot L Servais
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Curr Protoc Pharmacol . 2011..Pleural tumor growth in this model resembles the regionally aggressive clinical course and tumor microenvironment of human pleural cancers and provides an optimal animal model to investigate MPD biology and therapies...
- Accelerated hypofractionated intensity-modulated radiotherapy with concurrent and adjuvant temozolomide for patients with glioblastoma multiforme: a safety and efficacy analysisValerie Panet-Raymond
Department of Oncology, Division of Radiation Oncology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 73:473-8. 2009..In an attempt to improve results, we have begun a program of accelerated hypofractionated intensity-modulated radiotherapy (hypo-IMRT) with concomitant and adjuvant temozolomide (TMZ)...
- Selenium, but not lycopene or vitamin E, decreases growth of transplantable dunning R3327-H rat prostate tumorsBrian L Lindshield
Division of Nutritional Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10423. 2010..However, it is not clear whether consumption of these compounds, alone or in combination, results in improved outcomes...
- Combining radioimmunotherapy with antihypoxia therapy 2-deoxy-D-glucose results in reduction of therapeutic efficacyJason L J Dearling
Cancer Research UK Targeting and Imaging Group, Department of Oncology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London, London, UK
Clin Cancer Res 13:1903-10. 2007..In an attempt to overcome these challenges, radioimmunotherapy was combined with 2-deoxy-d-glucose (2DG), a hypoxia-selective cytotoxic inhibitor of glucose metabolism...
- Early outcomes of endoscopic transsphenoidal surgery for adult craniopharyngiomasJohn A Jane
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Neurosurg Focus 28:E9. 2010..The purpose of this study was to report the outcomes of the endoscopic transsphenoidal approach for adults with craniopharyngiomas in whom the goal was gross-total resection...
- Defective antitumor responses in CX3CR1-deficient miceYen Rei A Yu
Thurston Arthritis Research Center and the Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Int J Cancer 121:316-22. 2007..We found that B16-treated CX3CR1-/- mice had increased lung tumor burden and cachexia...
- Evaluating changes in tumor volume using magnetic resonance imaging during the course of radiotherapy treatment of high-grade gliomas: Implications for conformal dose-escalation studiesChristina Tsien
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 62:328-32. 2005..To determine whether changes in tumor volume occur during the course of conformal 3D radiotherapy of high-grade gliomas by use of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) during treatment and whether these changes had an impact on tumor coverage...
- Reduction of novel circulating long-chain fatty acids in colorectal cancer patients is independent of tumor burden and correlates with ageShawn A Ritchie
Phenomenome Discoveries Inc, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
BMC Gastroenterol 10:140. 2010..The following studies were carried out to assess whether conventional therapy would result in restoration of systemic hPULCFAs in CRC patients, and to investigate the relationship between hPULCFA levels and age...
- Feasibility of pathology-correlated lung imaging for accurate target definition of lung tumorsJoep Stroom
Department of Radiotherapy, Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:267-75. 2007..In this pilot study, we investigated the feasibility of pathology-correlated imaging for lung tumors, taking into account lung deformations after surgery...
- Assessment of benign tumor burden by whole-body MRI in patients with neurofibromatosis 1Victor F Mautner
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Neuro Oncol 10:593-8. 2008..Close surveillance of these high-risk patients may permit earlier diagnosis and more effective treatment of MPNSTs that develop...
- Metabolic tumor volume predicts for recurrence and death in head-and-neck cancerTrang H La
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:1335-41. 2009....
- Quantitative analysis of tumor growth rate and changes in tumor marker level: specific growth rate versus doubling timeEsmaeil Mehrara
Department of Radiation Physics, University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Acta Oncol 48:591-7. 2009..DT is also used for defining changes in tumor marker level. The aim of this study was to compare DT and SGR as measures of growth rate when the uncertainty is negligible...
- Mammalian target of rapamycin-dependent acinar cell neoplasia after inactivation of Apc and Pten in the mouse salivary gland: implications for human acinic cell carcinomaCassandra R Diegel
Laboratory of Cell Signaling and Carcinogenesis, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49504, USA
Cancer Res 70:9143-52. 2010..Because rapamycin analogues are approved for treating other types of human malignancies, our findings suggest that rapamycin therapy should be evaluated for treating patients with salivary gland acinic cell carcinoma...
- Fas/CD95 deficiency in ApcMin/+ mice increases intestinal tumor burdenHector Guillen-Ahlers
W M Keck Center for Transgene Research, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9070. 2010..Fas, a member of the tumor necrosis family, is responsible for initiating the apoptotic pathway when bound to its ligand, Fas-L. Defects in the Fas-mediated apoptotic pathway have been reported in colorectal cancer...
- Measurement of tumor volume by PET to evaluate prognosis in patients with head and neck cancer treated by chemo-radiation therapyYoung Mi Seol
Division of Hemato Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, National University Hospital Medical Research Institute, Seo Gu, Busan, Korea
Acta Oncol 49:201-8. 2010....
- An orally available small-molecule inhibitor of c-Met, PF-2341066, reduces tumor burden and metastasis in a preclinical model of ovarian cancer metastasisMarion Zillhardt
Department of Obstetrics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Neoplasia 12:1-10. 2010..study was to determine whether blocking c-Met with an orally available c-Met inhibitor, PF-2341066, reduces tumor burden and increases survival in a xenograft model of ovarian cancer metastasis...
- Partial volume correction strategies for quantitative FDG PET in oncologyNikie J Hoetjes
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:1679-87. 2010..The purpose of the present study was to assess accuracy and precision of different partial volume correction (PVC) methods...
- Metabolic tumor volume of [18F]-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography predicts short-term outcome to radiotherapy with or without chemotherapy in pharyngeal cancerMan Ki Chung
Departments of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Clin Cancer Res 15:5861-8. 2009....
- Sodium dichloroacetate (DCA) reduces apoptosis in colorectal tumor hypoxiaSiranoush Shahrzad
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, ON, Canada
Cancer Lett 297:75-83. 2010..Thus DCA is cytoprotective to some CRC cells under hypoxic conditions, highlighting the need for further investigation before DCA can be used as a reliable apoptosis-inducing agent in cancer therapy...
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy suggests key differences in the metastatic behaviour of medulloblastomaAndrew C Peet
Academic Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Birmingham, Whittall Street, Birmingham B4 6NH, UK
Eur J Cancer 43:1037-44. 2007..Metastatic medulloblastoma has a poorer prognosis than localised disease in part due to inherent properties of the tumour. 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) provides a powerful method for investigating tumour metabolism in vivo...
- Skeletal metastases: decreasing tumor burden by targeting the bone microenvironmentJohn M Chirgwin
The Aurbach Laboratory, Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22903, USA
J Cell Biochem 102:1333-42. 2007..Animal models show that these approaches, especially combination treatments, can reduce tumor burden. The results suggest a novel paradigm in which tumor growth can be effectively inhibited by drugs that target ..
- Partial-volume effect in PET tumor imagingMarine Soret
UMR 678 INSERM UPMC, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Nucl Med 48:932-45. 2007..The parameters on which PVE depends are reviewed. Actions that can be taken to reduce the errors attributable to PVE are described. Various PVE correction schemes are presented, and their applicability to PET tumor imaging is discussed...
- Image guidance based on prostate position for prostate cancer proton therapyCarlos Vargas
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute, 2015 N Jefferson Street, Jacksonville, FL 32206, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 71:1322-8. 2008..To determine the target coverage for proton therapy with and without image guidance and daily prebeam reorientation...
- Elevated vascular endothelial growth factor pretreatment levels are correlated with the tumor burden in Hodgkin lymphoma and continue to be elevated in prolonged complete remissionAntonio Rueda
Oncology Department, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Malaga, Spain
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 7:400-5. 2007..Hodgkin lymphoma represents approximately one fifth of all lymphomas, and the roles of angiogenesis and VEGF in Hodgkin lymphoma have not been well defined at present...
- A new prognostic model for hepatocellular carcinoma based on total tumor volume: the Taipei Integrated Scoring SystemChia Yang Hsu
Faculty of Medicine, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Hepatol 53:108-17. 2010..The optimal prognostic model for HCC is still under intense debate. This study aimed to propose a new staging system for HCC based on total tumor volume (TTV) and to compare it with the currently used systems...
- Assessing respiration-induced tumor motion and internal target volume using four-dimensional computed tomography for radiotherapy of lung cancerH Helen Liu
Department of Radiation Physics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:531-40. 2007..To assess three-dimensional tumor motion caused by respiration and internal target volume (ITV) for radiotherapy of lung cancer...
- A treatment planning analysis of inverse-planned and forward-planned intensity-modulated radiation therapy in nasopharyngeal carcinomaIan Poon
Department of Radiation Oncology, Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:1625-33. 2007..To compare dose-volume histograms of target volumes and organs at risk in 57 patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) with inverse- (IP) or forward-planned (FP) intensity-modulated radiation treatment (IMRT)...
- Aerosol delivery of liposomal formulated paclitaxel and vitamin E analog reduces murine mammary tumor burden and metastasesPaul Latimer
Department of Nutritional Sciences, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 234:1244-52. 2009..by a daily regimen of aerosolized alpha-TEA (36 microg/mouse/treatment) significantly decreased primary tumor burden when compared to untreated or liposome control groups and was significantly better than individual treatments (..
- Apoptin induces apoptosis in an oral cancer mouse modelRemilio A L Schoop
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cancer Biol Ther 7:1368-73. 2008..The fact that apoptin induces apoptosis in primary squamous cell carcinoma cells indicates that apoptin is a potential therapeutic agent for treatment of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma...
- Long-term outcome of uterine artery embolization for symptomatic uterine leiomyomasPaul N M Lohle
Department of Radiology, St Elisabeth Ziekenhuis, Tilburg University, Tilburg, The Netherlands
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:319-26. 2008..To evaluate long-term outcomes and factors associated with treatment failure after uterine artery embolization (UAE) in women with symptomatic uterine leiomyomas...
- Role of tissue factor in cancerRaj S Kasthuri
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4834-8. 2009..Nevertheless, additional studies are needed to determine if this strategy can be successfully translated to the treatment of cancer patients...
- Validating bioluminescence imaging as a high-throughput, quantitative modality for assessing tumor burdenZain Paroo
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75390-9058, USA
Mol Imaging 3:117-24. 2004..shows that despite the dynamic and variable nature of bioluminescence, where appropriate experimental precautions are taken, single time point BLI may be useful for noninvasive, high-throughput, quantitative assessment of tumor burden.
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy for lesions of the spine and paraspinal regionsJohn W Nelson
Department of Radiation Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 73:1369-75. 2009..To describe our experience and clinical strategy for stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) of spinal lesions...
- K562/GM-CSF immunotherapy reduces tumor burden in chronic myeloid leukemia patients with residual disease on imatinib mesylateB Douglas Smith
Johns Hopkins Medical Institute, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins and St Agnes Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:338-47. 2010..A pilot study was developed to determine if K562/GM-CSF immunotherapy could improve clinical responses to imatinib mesylate (IM) in patients with chronic myeloid leukemia...
- Reduce in variation and improve efficiency of target volume delineation by a computer-assisted system using a deformable image registration approachK S Clifford Chao
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 7030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:1512-21. 2007....
- Reassessing selection criteria prior to liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma utilizing the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients databaseChristian Toso
Section of Hepatobiliary, Pancreatic, and Transplant Surgery, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Hepatology 49:832-8. 2009..A composite patient selection score combining TTV and AFP was the most effective of all tested staging criteria for the prediction of posttransplant patient survival for candidates with HCC...
- Silencing of TLR4 decreases liver tumor burden in a murine model of colorectal metastasis and hepatic steatosisT M Earl
Division of Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 4753, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1043-50. 2009..TLR4 signaling has been shown to have proneoplastic effects in vitro due to its effect on immune surveillance. Thus far, studies have predominantly focused on the effect of tumor-cell-derived TLR4 without regard to host TLR4 signaling...
- Microscopic tumor burden in sentinel lymph nodes predicts synchronous nonsentinel lymph node involvement in patients with melanomaJeffrey E Gershenwald
Department of Surgical Oncology, Division of Quantitative Sciences, Unit 444, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4296-303. 2008..We sought to determine predictors of additional regional LN involvement in patients with positive SLNs...
- The effect of sentinel node tumor burden on non-sentinel node status and recurrence rates in breast cancerYang-Guo Fan
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco Medical Center at Mount Zion, San Francisco, 94143-1674, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 12:705-11. 2005..We also report our experience with disease relapse in the era of SSL and attempt to correlate this with SLN tumor burden. METHODS: This was a retrospective study of 390 patients with invasive breast cancer treated at a single ..
- Tumor burden influences exposure and response to rituximab: pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling using a syngeneic bioluminescent murine model expressing human CD20David Daydé
Genetique, Immunothérapie, Chimie et Cancer, Universite Francois Rabelais, Tours, France
Blood 113:3765-72. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the influence of tumor burden on dose-concentration-response relationships of rituximab...
- Alpha-TEA plus cisplatin reduces human cisplatin-resistant ovarian cancer cell tumor burden and metastasisKristen Anderson
Division of Nutrition, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712-1097, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 229:1169-76. 2004..acid (alpha-TEA) in combination with cisplatin, reduces tumor burden of A2780/cp70 (cp70) cisplatin-resistant human ovarian cancer cells xenografted into immune compromised nude ..
- Induction of cancer metastasis by cyclophosphamide pretreatment of host mice: an opposite effect of chemotherapyKensuke Yamauchi
AntiCancer, Inc, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
Cancer Res 68:516-20. 2008....
- Validation and limitations of use of a breast cancer nomogram predicting the likelihood of non-sentinel node involvement after positive sentinel node biopsySeverine Alran
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2195-201. 2007..The purpose of this study was to test the accuracy of the nomogram on patients with macrometastatic and micrometastatic SLN-positive biopsy findings...
- Increasing Wnt signaling in the bone marrow microenvironment inhibits the development of myeloma bone disease and reduces tumor burden in bone in vivoClaire M Edwards
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt Center for Bone Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Blood 111:2833-42. 2008..chloride (LiCl) treatment activated Wnt signaling in osteoblasts, inhibited myeloma bone disease, and decreased tumor burden in bone, but increased tumor growth when 5TGM1 cells were inoculated subcutaneously...
- Circulating tumor cells in metastatic breast cancer: biologic staging beyond tumor burdenMassimo Cristofanilli
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:471-9. 2007..We compared the prognostic significance of CTCs with clinical and laboratory measures of tumor burden and phenotypic subtype of disease.
- Attenuated Salmonella typhimurium invades and decreases tumor burden in neuroblastomaSean J Barnett
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Pediatr Surg 40:993-7; discussion 997-8. 2005..0001). CONCLUSIONS: Attenuated Salmonella species can now be tracked via fluorescent microscopy within tumor cells. Furthermore, an 84% reduction in tumor burden was observed in those animals gavage fed Salmonella with the IL-2 gene.
- Correlation between pretreatment FDG-PET biological target volume and anatomical location of failure after radiation therapy for head and neck cancersDaniel E Soto
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0010, USA
Radiother Oncol 89:13-8. 2008..To assess whether the pretreatment FDG-PET-defined biologic target volume (PET-BTV) correlates with the anatomical sites of loco-regional failure (LRF) after RT for head and neck cancer (HNC)...
- RANK ligand inhibition plus docetaxel improves survival and reduces tumor burden in a murine model of prostate cancer bone metastasisRobert E Miller
Department of Hematology Oncology Research, Amgen Washington, Seattle, Washington 98119 3105, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:2160-9. 2008..directly prevents osteolysis via blockade of osteoclastogenesis and indirectly reduces progression of skeletal tumor burden by reducing local growth factor and calcium concentrations...
- Usefulness of 3'-[F-18]fluoro-3'-deoxythymidine with positron emission tomography in predicting breast cancer response to therapyBetty S Pio
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA USA
Mol Imaging Biol 8:36-42. 2006..29 (r = 0.93, P = 0.003). CONCLUSION: A 10-minute FLT-PET scan acquired two weeks after the end of the first course of chemotherapy is useful for predicting longer-term efficacy of chemotherapy regimens for women with breast cancer...
- Evaluation of tumor response after locoregional therapies in hepatocellular carcinoma: are response evaluation criteria in solid tumors reliable?Alejandro Forner
Liver Unit, Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer BCLC Group, Hospital Clinic, August Pi i Sunyer Institute of Biomedical Investigations, Biomedical Center for Research into Hepatic and Digestive Diseases CIBEREHD, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Cancer 115:616-23. 2009..EASL) guidelines recommended that assessment of tumor response should incorporate the reduction in viable tumor burden. The current report provides an assessment of the agreement/concordance between both RECIST and the EASL ..
- Rotterdam Criteria for sentinel node (SN) tumor burden and the accuracy of ultrasound (US)-guided fine-needle aspiration cytology (FNAC): can US-guided FNAC replace SN staging in patients with melanoma?Christiane A Voit
Department of Dermatology, Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:4994-5000. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of US-guided FNAC and compare the results with histology after SN surgery was performed in all patients...
- Pharmacological evaluation of C-3 modified Betulinic acid derivatives with potent anticancer activityPraveen Rajendran
Experimental Oncology Lab, Dabur Research Foundation, 22, Site IV, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, 201010, India
Invest New Drugs 26:25-34. 2008..Our results show that BA derivatives are potential anti-cancer compounds which need to be explored in detail...
- Sesquiterpene lactone parthenolide suppresses tumor growth in a xenograft model of renal cell carcinoma by inhibiting the activation of NF-kappaBDaizo Oka
Department of Urology, Osaka University, Graduate School of Medicine, Suita City, Osaka, Japan
Int J Cancer 120:2576-81. 2007..These results indicate that parthenolide is a useful in the treatment of renal cell carcinoma and acts via inhibition of NF-kappaB...
- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy with hydroxycamptothecin reduces peritoneal carcinomatosis: results of an experimental studyPeng cheng Li
Department of Oncology, Zhongnan Hospital and Cancer Center of Wuhan University, 169 Donghu Road, Wuhan 430071, Hubei Province, China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:37-44. 2008..We studied the efficacy and safety of intraperitoneal chemotherapy with hydroxycamptothecin (HCPT) for the treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis in animal model...
- [shRNA-mediated insulin-like growth factor I receptor gene silencing inhibits cell proliferation, induces cell apoptosis, and suppresses tumor growth in non-small cell lung cancer: in vitro and in vivo experiments]Ai qiang Dong
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310009, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:1506-9. 2007..To study the effects of RNA interference (RNAi)-mediated insulin-like growth factor I receptor (IGF-IR) gene silencing on human lung cancer cells...
- Inhibitory effect of 4-methylesculetin on hyaluronan synthesis slows the development of human pancreatic cancer in vitro and in nude miceMorohashi Hajime
Department of Surgery, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Int J Cancer 120:2704-9. 2007..ME inhibited pancreatic cancer growth and metastasis by inhibition of HA synthesis. These results suggest that ME may prolong the survival time of patients with end-stage pancreatic cancer...
- Antisense-MDM2 sensitizes LNCaP prostate cancer cells to androgen deprivation, radiation, and the combination in vivoRadka Stoyanova
Department of Radiation Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:1151-60. 2007..To test the effects of antisense (AS)-MDM2 alone and with androgen deprivation (AD), radiotherapy (RT), and AD + RT on wild-type LNCaP cells in an orthotopic in vivo model...
- INO-1001, a novel inhibitor of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase, enhances tumor response to doxorubicinKathryn A Mason
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Invest New Drugs 26:1-5. 2008..88) and MCa-K (EF=1.64). We conclude that PARP inhibitor INO-1001 has high potential for enhancing the anti-tumor effects of chemotherapy agents such as Doxorubicin against p53 deficient breast cancer...
- Grb2-SH3 ligand inhibits the growth of HER2+ cancer cells and has antitumor effects in human cancer xenografts alone and in combination with docetaxelBrunilde Gril
Universite Paris Descartes, UFR Biomedicale, Laboratoire de Pharmacochimie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 121:407-15. 2007..These results validate Grb2 as a new target for the HER2 pathway...
- Lignan-rich sesame seed negates the tumor-inhibitory effect of tamoxifen but maintains bone health in a postmenopausal athymic mouse model with estrogen-responsive breast tumorsSandra M Sacco
Department of Nutritional Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Menopause 15:171-9. 2008..This study determined the interactive effects of sesame seed and tamoxifen on established MCF-7 tumor growth and bone health in ovariectomized athymic mice simulating a postmenopausal condition...
- Effects of exogenous p16(ink4a) gene on biological behaviors of human lung cancer cellsXiaoju Zhang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 27:37-40. 2007..The expression of the introduced p16(ink4a) could block lung cancer cells to entry into S phase of cell cycle and inhibit tumor malignant growth both in vitro and in vivo...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide enhances growth and angiogenesis of human experimental prostate cancer in a xenograft modelBeatriz Collado
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Alcala, Alcala de Henares 28871, Spain
Peptides 28:1896-901. 2007..This xenograft model is a useful tool to study in vivo the effects of VIP-related peptides in tumor growth and development of blood supply as well as their therapeutical potential in prostate cancer...
- Interaction of sesame seed and tamoxifen on tumor growth and bone health in athymic miceSandra M Sacco
Department of Nutritional Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, 150 College Street, Toronto, ON, Canada
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 232:754-61. 2007..SS is not protective and interacts adversely with TAM in MCF-7 breast tumors but induces beneficial effects on bone both alone and when combined with TAM...
- [Gene therapy of bladder cancer by using recombinant adeno-associated virus-endostatin: experiments in vitro and in vivo]Bing Xin Lu
Tianjin Urological Surgery Institute, Tianjin 300211, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:802-5. 2007..To package recombinant adeno-associated virus-endostatin (rAAV-ES) and study its anti-tumor effect in vitro and in vivo...
- YM155, a novel small-molecule survivin suppressant, induces regression of established human hormone-refractory prostate tumor xenograftsTakahito Nakahara
Institute for Drug Discovery Research, Astellas Pharma Inc, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki, Japan
Cancer Res 67:8014-21. 2007..Further extensive investigation of YM155 in many types of cancer, including HRPC, seems to be worthwhile to develop this novel therapeutic approach...
- [The effect of As2O3 on induction of apoptosis and inhibition of telomerase activity in colon cancer LS-174T cells]Xi Shan Wang
Department of Abdominal Surgery, The Third Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150040, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 29:415-8. 2007..To study the impact of arsenic trioxide (As2O3) on human colorectal carcinoma LS-174T cells and their activity of telomerase...
- Modulation of tumor radiation response with G3139, a bcl-2 antisense oligonucleotideNicole Wiedenmann
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 066, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Invest New Drugs 25:411-6. 2007..The control ODN G3622 had no effect on SW620 radiation response, indicating an ODN sequence specific effect...
- Effects of treatment with (177)Lu-DOTA-Tyr(3)-octreotate on uptake of subsequent injection in carcinoid-bearing nude micePeter Bernhardt
Department of Radiation Physics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 22:644-53. 2007..The aim of this study was to analyze the effect therapeutic injections of (177)Lu-DOTA(0)-Tyr(3)]-octreotate (DOTATATE) had on the tumor uptake of a subsequent injection with (111)In-DOTATATE in GOT1-bearing nude mice...
- Targeting to tumor necrotic regions with biotinylated antibody and streptavidin modified liposomesHong Pan
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, 200032 Shanghai, China
J Control Release 125:228-35. 2008..These results suggested the two-step pretargeting approach regimen may be a new form for delivering anticancer drugs to tumor necrotic regions...
- [Inhibitory effect of Adp53 and F56 on growth and metastasis of transplantation of the breast tumor in mice]Shao wen Xiao
Department of Radioation Oncology, Peking University School of Oncology, Beijing 100036, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 39:171-6. 2007..To investigate the effects of Adp53 and F56 on the growth and lung metastasis of breast cancer...
- Antitumor mechanisms of systemically administered epidermal growth factor receptor antisense oligonucleotides in combination with docetaxel in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckSufi Mary Thomas
University of Pittsburgh, 200 Lothrop St, W915 BST, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Mol Pharmacol 73:627-38. 2008..05). Combination of EGFR antisense oligonucleotides with low doses of docetaxel has antitumor efficacy, and it may be an effective treatment strategy for SCCHN...
- Degradable cisplatin-releasing core-shell nanogels from zwitterionic poly(beta -aminoester)-graft-PEG for cancer chemotherapyWei Jin
Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming, USA
Drug Deliv 14:279-86. 2007..The nanogels had significantly lower in vitro cytotoxicity to SKOV-3 ovarian cancer cells than free cisplatin, but similar anticancer activity toward SKOV-3 tumors xenografted to immunocompromised mice...
- Anti-tumor efficacy of Cloretazine (VNP40101M) alone and in combination with fludarabine in murine tumor and human xenograft tumor modelsLi mou Zheng
Vion Pharmaceutical, Inc, 4 Science Park, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 60:45-51. 2007..On Day 65 post-tumor implantation, the combination therapy yielded a 90% survival rate compared to 40% for Cloretazine alone and 0% for fludarabine alone...
- Prevention of human PC-346C prostate cancer growth in mice by a xenogeneic tissue vaccineMark A Suckow
Freimann Life Science Center, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 56:1275-83. 2007..In summary, the results suggest that use of a xenogeneic tissue vaccine can stimulate protective immunity against human prostate cancer cells...
- Tumor targetability and antitumor effect of docetaxel-loaded hydrophobically modified glycol chitosan nanoparticlesHo Young Hwang
Department of Bioengineering, College of Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, Republic of Korea
J Control Release 128:23-31. 2008..Together our results showed that the anticancer loaded nano-sized drug carriers are a promising nano-sized drug formulation for cancer therapy...
- In vivo and in vitro antitumor activity of oxaliplatin in combination with cetuximab in human colorectal tumor cell lines expressing different level of EGFRDiane Balin-Gauthier
, , Toulouse, France
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 57:709-18. 2006..This study provides promising preclinical results for a possible clinical investigation of the combination of oxaliplatin plus cetuximab in chemorefractory colorectal tumors...
- Elemene displays anti-cancer ability on laryngeal cancer cells in vitro and in vivoLei Tao
Department of Otolaryngology-HNS, Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital of Fudan University, 83 Fenyang Road, Shanghai, 200031, China
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 58:24-34. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: Elemene inhibits the growth of HEp-2 cells in vitro and in vivo. These data provide useful information for further clinical study on the treatment of LSCC by elemene...
- Targeting the tumor vasculature: enhancing antitumor efficacy through combination treatment with ZD6126 and ZD6474Wenyin Shi
Department of Radiation Oncology, Shands Cancer Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
In Vivo 19:1045-50. 2005..Such combination therapy may have significant therapeutic benefit even in tumors insensitive to either treatment alone...
- Novel fluoro-substituted camptothecins: in vivo antitumor activity, reduced gastrointestinal toxicity and pharmacokinetic characterizationWilliam C Rose
Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Bristol Myers Squibb Co, Inc, Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 58:73-85. 2006..The novel fluoro-substituted camptothecin analog, BMS-286309, and its prodrug, BMS-422461, were evaluated for their pharmacologic, toxicologic, metabolic and pharmacokinetic developmental potential...
- Targeting SRC family kinases inhibits growth and lymph node metastases of prostate cancer in an orthotopic nude mouse modelSerk In Park
The Program in Cancer Biology, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Res 68:3323-33. 2008..Therefore, we conclude that SFKs are promising therapeutic targets for treatment of human prostate cancer and that Src and Lyn activities affect different cellular functions required for prostate tumor growth and progression...
- A daidzein-daunomycin conjugate improves the therapeutic response in an animal model of ovarian carcinomaDalia Somjen
Institute of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Hypertension, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center and the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 110:144-9. 2008..These results indicate that targeting of daunomycin via carboxymethyldaidzein retains daunomycin's cytotoxic effects while averting its toxicity in an ovarian xenograft...
- Nontoxic suramin treatments enhance docetaxel activity in chemotherapy-pretreated non-small cell lung xenograft tumorsZe Lu
College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, 500 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Pharm Res 22:1069-78. 2005..These encouraging results provided the basis for phase I/II trials of docetaxel plus low-dose suramin in patients with NSCLC in second-/third-line settings...
- Induction of tumor cell apoptosis by a novel class of N-thiolated beta-lactam antibiotics with structural modifications at N1 and C3 of the lactam ringMichael Frezza
The Prevention Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, and Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Int J Mol Med 21:689-95. 2008..Our results strongly warrant further investigation into these novel beta-lactams as potential anti-cancer therapeutics...
- Super pH-sensitive multifunctional polymeric micelle for tumor pH(e) specific TAT exposure and multidrug resistanceEun Seong Lee
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, 421 Wakara Way, Suite 315, UT 84108, USA
J Control Release 129:228-36. 2008..This approach may replace the need for cell-specific antibodies or targeting ligands, thereby providing a general strategy for solid tumor targeting...
- Augmenting tumor sensitivity to topotecan by transient hypoxiaEva L Lund
Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Department of Molecular Pathology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 56:473-80. 2005....
- Role of HIF signaling on tumorigenesis in response to chronic low-dose arsenic administrationChandrashekhar D Kamat
Department of Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73190, USA
Toxicol Sci 86:248-57. 2005..Together, these results suggest that chronic exposure to low-dose As(III) could stimulate growth of tumors through a HIF-dependent stimulation of angiogenesis...
- Selective inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 suppresses the growth of pancreatic cancer cells in vitro and in vivoXuan Fu Xu
Department of Gastroenterology, Tenth Hospital, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Tohoku J Exp Med 215:149-57. 2008..The selective inhibitor of COX-2 may be an effectual agent for pancreatic cancer chemoprevention...
- Telomeres, telomerase and chemotherapy: Bench to bedsideJESSIE AU; Fiscal Year: 2007..support multiple rounds of cell proliferation, so that telomerase inhibition is not cytotoxic before a lethal tumor burden is reached...
- Improved Drug Delivery to Tumors Using Novel Tissue Perfusion ApproachesLisa Coussens; Fiscal Year: 2009..following Alk5 blockade by monitoring histopathologic characteristics of mammary adenocarcinomas, as well as tumor burden, tumor latency (to endpoint), and frequency of pulmonary metastasis, and further demonstrate that MR imaging ..
- Fluorophore-Conjugated Antibodies for Imaging and Resection of GI TumorsMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..monoclonal antibodies against tumor antigen CA19-9 and CEA or a combination of both to evaluate tumor burden in vivo in an orthotopic metastatic nude mouse model of human pancreatic and colon cancer and to facilitate the ..
- Virotherapy for Relapsed Refractory Multiple MyelomaAngela Dispenzieri; Fiscal Year: 2007..target & propagate in myeloma deposits throughout the body leading to tumor cell killing and reduction of tumor burden. Aim 2: To characterize MV-NIS gene expression using 123-I, gamma camera imaging, and SPECT/CT imaging and to ..
- Virotherapy for Relapsed Refractory Multiple MyelomaAngela Dispenzieri; Fiscal Year: 2009..target & propagate in myeloma deposits throughout the body leading to tumor cell killing and reduction of tumor burden. Aim 2: To characterize MV-NIS gene expression using 123-I, gamma camera imaging, and SPECT/CT imaging and to ..
- Virotherapy for Relapsed Refractory Multiple MyelomaAngela Dispenzieri; Fiscal Year: 2010..target &propagate in myeloma deposits throughout the body leading to tumor cell killing and reduction of tumor burden. Aim 2: To characterize MV-NIS gene expression using 123-I, gamma camera imaging, and SPECT/CT imaging and to ..
- Anti-GM1b IgM for Detection of Localized Prostate CancerMepur Ravindranath; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Gene Therapy for RetinoblastomaRichard Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2003..The ultimate goal of this gene therapy is to salvage the affected eye by reducing the tumor burden sufficiently to allow for local control of the disease...
- Antiretroviral Therapy of AIDS-Related Kaposi's Sarcoma in AfricaJeffrey Martin; Fiscal Year: 2007..inhibitor (NNRTI)-based HAART regimen (efavirenz plus zidovudine/lamivudine) in promoting the regression of KS tumor burden in persons with AIDS-related KS in Africa; (2) Evaluate which pre-HAART parameters are predictive of KS ..
- Antiretroviral Therapy of AIDS-Related Kaposi's Sarcoma in AfricaJeffrey Martin; Fiscal Year: 2009..inhibitor (NNRTI)-based HAART regimen (efavirenz plus zidovudine/lamivudine) in promoting the regression of KS tumor burden in persons with AIDS-related KS in Africa; (2) Evaluate which pre-HAART parameters are predictive of KS ..
- In Vivo Flow Cytometry to Measure Circulating Tumor LoadDavid Benaron; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this may lead to improved staging, treatment monitoring, and possibly earlier diagnosis. ..
- LCDIO FOR LYMPH NODE MR IMAGINGRalph Weissleder; Fiscal Year: 2001..For example, recent clinical trials demonstrate that minimal nodal tumor burden in non-enlarged nodes is indeed detectable by LCDIO enhanced MR imaging...
- Efficacy of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 in colon cancer chemopreventionRajendra G Mehta; Fiscal Year: 2010..that treatment of animals with the active metabolite of vitamin D, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3, reduces colon tumor burden. However, 1,25(OH)2D3 causes hypercalcemia. In view of this numerous analogs of vitamin D have been synthesized...
- Efficacy of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 in colon cancer chemopreventionRajendra Mehta; Fiscal Year: 2007..that treatment of animals with the active metabolite of vitamin D, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3, reduces colon tumor burden. However, 1,25(OH)2D3 causes hypercalcemia. In view of this numerous analogs of vitamin D have been synthesized...
- Efficacy of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 in colon cancer chemopreventionRajendra Mehta; Fiscal Year: 2009..that treatment of animals with the active metabolite of vitamin D, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3, reduces colon tumor burden. However, 1,25(OH)2D3 causes hypercalcemia. In view of this numerous analogs of vitamin D have been synthesized...
- Chemoprevention of Lung Cancer with Anti-tumor BMing You; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the results from this proposal will also provide significant insights on the active inhibitory components and how they affect lung carcinogenesis process. ..
- Chemoprevention of Lung Cancer with Anti-tumor BMing You; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, the results from this proposal will also provide significant insights on the active inhibitory components and how they affect lung carcinogenesis process. ..
- Chemoprevention of Lung Cancer with Anti-tumor BMing You; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the results from this proposal will also provide significant insights on the active inhibitory components and how they affect lung carcinogenesis process. ..
- THERAPY FOR AIDS CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM LYMPHOMAMichael Caligiuri; Fiscal Year: 2002..The limitations of the animal model preclude its use for studying the pathogenesis of AIDS PCNSL. ..
- DIETARY SOYBEAN COMPONENTS AFFECT ON PROSTATE CANCER PROJin Rong Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is expencted that the results from proposed project will be translated to future clinical trials on CaP prevention/intervention. ..
- GLOBE CONSERVATION IN TRANSGENIC RETINOBLASTOMATimothy Murray; Fiscal Year: 2006..Pilot data suggests that angiostatic therapy is effective in the reduction of tumor burden in a murine transgenic model of retinoblastoma...
- PROGESTERONE RECEPTOR IN MYOMETRIUM AND LEIOMYOMARobin Fuchs Young; Fiscal Year: 2002..are often associated with infertility and an additional 18,000 myomectomies are performed each year to reduce tumor burden while sparing the uterus...
- Liposome Delivery of Boron for BNCTM Hawthorne; Fiscal Year: 2007..The normal tissue response will be quantified in a rat model. The proposed studies will provide the radiobiological data required to decide whether to proceed to large animal or human studies. ..
- A Phase II Trial for Neutron Capture Therapy in MelanomaPaul Busse; Fiscal Year: 2003..These data will be used to refine the predictive accuracy of a two-compartment pharmacokinetic model developed by this research group from human clinical data. ..
- Telomeres, telomerase and chemotherapy: Bench to bedsideJESSIE AU; Fiscal Year: 2009..support multiple rounds of cell proliferation, so that telomerase inhibition is not cytotoxic before a lethal tumor burden is reached...
- Diversification of Cytotoxic Effector Cells Via LPS-activated DCsAnna Karolina Palucka; Fiscal Year: 2010..objective responses in a fraction of patients (10%) including patients who failed other therapies, provided the tumor burden was not excessive. These results provide a proof-of-principle that therapeutic immunity can be elicited...
- RNAi-Based Therapy of Hepatocellular CarcinomaKaiyi Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..