Genomes and Genes
Summary: Preservation of cells, tissues, organs, or embryos by freezing. In histological preparations, cryopreservation or cryofixation is used to maintain the existing form, structure, and chemical composition of all the constituent elements of the specimens.
Publications324 found, 100 shown here
- Growth kinetics, self-renewal, and the osteogenic potential of purified human mesenchymal stem cells during extensive subcultivation and following cryopreservationS P Bruder
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc, Baltimore, MD 21231 2001, USA
J Cell Biochem 64:278-94. 1997..capacity and the osteogenic potential of purified MSCs during extensive subcultivation and following cryopreservation. Primary cultures of MSCs were established from normal iliac crest bone marrow aspirates, an aliquot was ..
- Ovary cryopreservation and transplantation for fertility preservationS J Silber
Infertility Center of St Louis, St Luke s Hospital, St Louis, MO 63017, USA
Mol Hum Reprod 18:59-67. 2012The aim of this review is to summarize the state-of-the-art of ovarian transplantation and cryopreservation. This field has progressed over the last half century from simple animal experiments to sophisticated application in humans...
- Children born after autotransplantation of cryopreserved ovarian tissue. a review of 13 live birthsJacques Donnez
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Department of Gynecology, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Med 43:437-50. 2011..fertility in cancer patients and allow them to conceive when they have overcome their disease: embryo cryopreservation, oocyte cryopreservation, and ovarian tissue cryopreservation...
- Highly efficient vitrification for cryopreservation of human oocytes and embryos: the Cryotop methodMasashige Kuwayama
Kato Ladies Clinic, 7 20 3 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Theriogenology 67:73-80. 2007Vitrification is frequently referred to as a novel technology of cryopreservation in embryology, although some young embryologists were born after its first successful application...
- Collection, cryopreservation, and characterization of human dental pulp-derived mesenchymal stem cells for banking and clinical useBrandon C Perry
General BioTechnology, LLC, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Tissue Eng Part C Methods 14:149-56. 2008..Further, the recovery of viable DPSC after cryopreservation of intact teeth suggests that minimal processing may be needed for the banking of samples with no immediate ..
- Prospective randomized comparison of human oocyte cryopreservation with slow-rate freezing or vitrificationGary D Smith
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Fertil Steril 94:2088-95. 2010To compare cryopreservation of mature human oocytes with slow-rate freezing and vitrification and determine which is most efficient at establishing a pregnancy.
- Storage of human oocytes in the vapor phase of nitrogenAna Cobo
IVI Universidad de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Fertil Steril 94:1903-7. 2010..To evaluate the effectiveness of long-term vapor-phase nitrogen storage of vitrified human oocytes as a strategy for preventing the risk of cross-contamination due to direct contact with the liquid nitrogen (LN)...
- Comparison of survival and embryonic development in human oocytes cryopreserved by slow-freezing and vitrificationYun Xia Cao
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei, People s Republic of China
Fertil Steril 92:1306-11. 2009..To compare the survival, fertilization, early embryonic development, and meiotic spindle assembly and chromosome alignment in frozen-thawed human oocytes after slow-freezing and vitrification...
- Risk of contamination of germplasm during cryopreservation and cryobanking in IVF unitsA Bielanski
Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Animal Diseases Research Institute, Germplasm Centre of Expertise, Ottawa Nepean, ON, Canada K2H 8P9
Hum Reprod 24:2457-67. 2009b>Cryopreservation of sperm, embryos and, more recently, oocytes plays an important and increasing role in assisted reproduction, due to improvements of old, and introduction of new technologies...
- Fundamental cryobiology of reproductive cells and tissuesErik J Woods
General BioTechnology, LLC, Harlan Biotechnology Center, 1102 Stadium Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Cryobiology 48:146-56. 2004..Therefore, there is an urgent need for the development of optimum cryopreservation methods for reproductive cells and tissues from many species...
- Highly efficient vitrification method for cryopreservation of human oocytesMasashige Kuwayama
Kato Ladies Clinic, Tokyo, Japan
Reprod Biomed Online 11:300-8. 2005..methods were compared using bovine MII oocytes with regard to their developmental competence after cryopreservation: (i) vitrification within 0...
- American Society of Clinical Oncology recommendations on fertility preservation in cancer patientsStephanie J Lee
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2917-31. 2006..To develop guidance to practicing oncologists about available fertility preservation methods and related issues in people treated for cancer...
- Two successful pregnancies following autotransplantation of frozen/thawed ovarian tissueClaus Yding Andersen
Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hum Reprod 23:2266-72. 2008b>Cryopreservation of the ovarian cortex with subsequent autotransplantation has, on an experimental basis, been performed to preserve fertility in women being treated for a malignant disease...
- Obstetric outcomes following vitrification of in vitro and in vivo matured oocytesRi Cheng Chian
McGill Reproductive Center, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Fertil Steril 91:2391-8. 2009..To evaluate obstetric outcomes with oocyte vitrification after ovarian stimulation (OS) and in vitro maturation (IVM) of immature oocytes...
- Cryopreservation and autotransplantation of human ovarian tissue prior to cytotoxic therapy--a technique in its infancy but already successful in fertility preservationMichael von Wolff
Department of Gynecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, University of Bern, Women s Hospital, Inselspital, Effingerstrasse 102, Bern 3010, Switzerland
Eur J Cancer 45:1547-53. 2009..Several techniques are now available for fertility preservation in these patients. A new promising method is cryopreservation and transplantation of ovarian cortex...
- Cryopreservation-induced human sperm DNA damage is predominantly mediated by oxidative stress rather than apoptosisL K Thomson
Fertility First, PO Box 807, Hurstville, NSW 2220, Australia
Hum Reprod 24:2061-70. 2009Whereas studies have revealed that the cryopreservation of human semen increases sperm DNA fragmentation, the mechanisms involved in this type of cryo-injury are largely unknown...
- Defining blood processing parameters for optimal detection of cryopreserved antigen-specific responses for HIV vaccine trialsMarta Bull
Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
J Immunol Methods 322:57-69. 2007..function of the resulting cells, including anticoagulant type, time from venipuncture to PBMC isolation/cryopreservation, method of PBMC isolation and procedure for sample shipping...
- Infertility patients' beliefs about their embryos and their disposition preferencesV Provoost
Bioethics Institute Ghent, Ghent University, Blandijnberg 2 B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Hum Reprod 24:896-905. 2009..The objective of this study was to describe how patients speak about their embryos, in moral (e.g. status) and non-moral terms, and to investigate how patients' narratives are related to their disposition preferences...
- Methods of cryopreservation of testicular tissue with viable spermatogonia in pre-pubertal boys undergoing gonadotoxic cancer treatmentVictoria Keros
Karolinska Institute, Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Department of Clinical Science, Technology and Intervention, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Hum Reprod 22:1384-95. 2007..We wanted to find optimal methods for cryopreservation of testicular tissue from pre-pubertal boys, modifying techniques developed for fetal and adult human ..
- Centrifugation on a single layer of colloid selects improved quality spermatozoa from frozen-thawed stallion semenB Macias Garcia
Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Laboratory of Spermatology, University of Extremadura, Avda de Universidad s n, Caceres, Spain
Anim Reprod Sci 114:193-202. 2009..Single-layer centrifugation (SLC) using Androcoll-E significantly improved all the sperm parameters studied, implying SLC may be a simple approach to improve the quality of frozen-thawed (FT) spermatozoa for AI...
- Autotransplantation of cryopreserved ovarian tissue in 12 women with chemotherapy-induced premature ovarian failure: the Danish experienceKirsten Tryde Schmidt
The Fertility Clinic, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Fertil Steril 95:695-701. 2011..To describe a cohort of 12 Danish women who received autotransplantation of frozen-thawed cryopreserved ovarian tissue because of premature ovarian failure after cancer treatment...
- Possible improvements in human ovarian grafting by various host and graft treatmentsOr Friedman
Infertility and IVF Unit, Helen Schneider Hospital for Women, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, Petach Tikva 49100, Israel
Hum Reprod 27:474-82. 2012Anticancer treatment poses a high risk of ovarian failure. In many cases cryopreservation of ovarian tissue is the only option for fertility preservation...
- Mouse ovarian follicle cryopreservation using vitrification or slow programmed cooling: assessment of in vitro development, maturation, ultra-structure and meiotic spindle organizationNina Desai
Department of Ob Gyn, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 37:1-12. 2011..To compare different outcomes of vitrification and slow freezing of isolated pre-antral follicles and to evaluate different cryo-devices for vitrification of isolated follicles...
- Cryopreservation: a cold look at technology for fertility preservationRoger Gosden
Fertil Steril 96:264-8. 2011To outline the history of cryopreservation technology and its contributions to reproductive medicine, including fertility preservation.
- Cryotop vitrification of human oocytes results in high survival rate and healthy deliveriesMonica Antinori
International Associated Research Institute for Human Reproduction Infertility Unit Day Hospital, Via Timavo No 2, Rome, Italy
Reprod Biomed Online 14:72-9. 2007Vitrification, an ultra-rapid cooling technique, offers a new perspective in attempts to develop an optimal cryopreservation procedure for human oocytes and embryos...
- Efficient generation and cryopreservation of cardiomyocytes derived from human embryonic stem cellsChunhui Xu
Geron Corporation, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Regen Med 6:53-66. 2011..We also aim to examine whether these methods are scalable and whether the differentiated cells can be cryopreserved...
- Isolation of pre-antral follicles from human ovarian medulla tissueStine Gry Kristensen
Copenhagen University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University, København Ø, Denmark
Hum Reprod 26:157-66. 2011b>Cryopreservation of ovarian tissue for fertility preservation is based on the ovarian cortex that contains the vast majority of the follicular reserve, while the remaining tissue, the medulla is discarded...
- Xenotransplantation of cryopreserved ovarian tissue from patients with ovarian tumors into SCID mice--no evidence of malignant cell contaminationLaura Lotz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erlangen University Hospital, Erlangen, Germany
Fertil Steril 95:2612-4.e1. 2011..None of the mice presented symptoms of reintroduced malignancy nor did microscopic and immunohistochemical evaluation of the grafts raise any suspicion of residual malignant disease...
- Micro-organ ovarian transplantation enables pregnancy: a case reportAriel Revel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah Medical Center and Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Hum Reprod 26:1097-103. 2011..We report that preparation of autologous tiny ovarian fragments (MO)s and reimplantation into our patient resulted in IVF pregnancy and delivery of a healthy baby...
- Cryopreservation of human embryos by vitrification or slow freezing: which one is better?Efstratios M Kolibianakis
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Unit for Human Reproduction, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 21:270-4. 2009To summarize the available evidence from randomized controlled trials comparing vitrification versus slow freezing for cryopreservation of human embryos.
- A randomized controlled study of human Day 3 embryo cryopreservation by slow freezing or vitrification: vitrification is associated with higher survival, metabolism and blastocyst formationB Balaban
Assisted Reproduction Unit, American Hospital of Istanbul, Guzelbahce Sokak 20, Nisantasi, Istanbul 34365, Turkey
Hum Reprod 23:1976-82. 2008The aim of this study was to compare two methods of cryopreservation for the cleavage-stage human embryo: slow freezing and vitrification.
- Sterilization of liquid nitrogen with ultraviolet irradiation for safe vitrification of human oocytes or embryosLodovico Parmegiani
Reproductive Medicine Unit, GynePro Medical Centers, Bologna, Italy
Fertil Steril 94:1525-8. 2010..To evaluate the efficacy of ultraviolet (UV) irradiation for rapid microbial decontamination of liquid nitrogen (LN2)...
- The efficacy and safety of human oocyte vitrificationZsolt Peter Nagy
Reproductive Biology Associates, Atlanta, Georgia 30342, USA
Semin Reprod Med 27:450-5. 2009Vitrification is now a widely applied and highly successful approach for cryopreservation in reproductive biology. Rapidly increasing data prove that it is also a highly efficient technique for low-temperature storage of human oocytes...
- Cryopreservation of ovarian tissue for a decade in Denmark: a view of the techniqueMikkel Rosendahl
Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Reprod Biomed Online 22:162-71. 2011This paper presents the Danish 10-year experience (1999-2009) with cryopreservation (n=386) and autotransplantation of ovarian tissue (n=18). Before applying the technique to humans, the method was thoroughly tested and validated...
- Aseptic vitrification of blastocysts from infertile patients, egg donors and after IVMP Vanderzwalmen
IVF Centers Prof Zech, Bregenz, Austria
Reprod Biomed Online 19:700-7. 2009..In spite of reduced cooling rates due to aseptic vitrification conditions, a three-step exposure to cryoprotectant solutions protects the embryos effectively from cryo-injuries and guaranties high survival rates...
- Cryopreservation of human embryos by vitrification or slow freezing: a systematic review and meta-analysisKalliopi E Loutradi
Unit for Human Reproduction, 1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Fertil Steril 90:186-93. 2008..the literature systematically in order to identify prospective comparative trials answering the following question: Is vitrification of human embryos associated with a higher postthawing survival rate as compared with slow freezing?..
- Preservation of fertility in females with haematological malignancyJacques Donnez
Department of Gynecology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Br J Haematol 154:175-84. 2011Several options are currently available for the preservation of fertility in cancer patients: embryo cryopreservation, oocyte cryopreservation or ovarian tissue cryopreservation...
- Xenotransplantation of cryopreserved human ovarian tissue into murine back muscleR Soleimani
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Hum Reprod 25:1458-70. 2010Ovarian tissue (OT) cryopreservation and transplantation are options for fertility preservation in young female cancer patients.
- Effect of cryopreservation on sperm DNA integrity in patients with teratospermiaGuruprasad Kalthur
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University, Manipal, India
Fertil Steril 89:1723-7. 2008..To test whether sperm with abnormal head morphology are more likely to undergo DNA damage and/or chromatin modification during the process of freeze-thawing...
- Live birth after vitrification of in vitro matured human oocytesRi Cheng Chian
McGill Reproductive Centre, McGill University Health Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Fertil Steril 91:372-6. 2009To report the first healthy live birth from immature oocytes retrieved in a natural menstrual cycle, followed by in vitro maturation (IVM) and cryopreservation of the oocytes by vitrification.
- Intratesticular transplantation of testicular cells from leukemic rats causes transmission of leukemiaK Jahnukainen
Pediatric Endocrinology Unit, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Res 61:706-10. 2001..b>Cryopreservation of the donor germ cells caused a 3- to 6-day delay in the terminal phase of leukemia...
- Cryopreservation of spermatozoa in alginic acid capsulesAndreas Herrler
Department of Anatomy and Reproductive Biology, Medical School, RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Fertil Steril 85:208-13. 2006..To develop a method of freezing small amounts of spermatozoa in polymerized alginic acid drops, which can be liquified after thawing for recovery of the spermatozoa...
- Mechanism and prevention of cold storage-induced human renal tubular cell injuryA K Salahudeen
Department of Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson 39216 4505, USA
Transplantation 70:1424-31. 2000..The objective was, therefore, to seek direct evidence for the free radical production during the cold storage of human renal tubular cells, and to define the roles of extrinsic and intrinsic antioxidants in cold-induced cell injury...
- The first woman to give birth to two children following transplantation of frozen/thawed ovarian tissueErik Ernst
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Hum Reprod 25:1280-1. 2010..of these children were born in Denmark following transport of the ovarian tissue for a period of 5 h prior to cryopreservation. One of these women, who was originally transplanted with six pieces of ovarian cortex, after having ..
- Machine perfusion versus cold storage for preservation of kidneys from expanded criteria donors after brain deathJürgen Treckmann
Clinic for General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, Germany
Transpl Int 24:548-54. 2011..3% vs. 80.2%, P=0.02). In the present study, MP preservation clearly reduced the risk of DGF and improved 1-year graft survival and function in ECD kidneys. (Current Controlled Trials number: ISRCTN83876362)...
- Development of a cryopreservation protocol for type A spermatogoniaFariborz Izadyar
Department of Endocrinology, Faculty of Biology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Androl 23:537-45. 2002The aim of this study was to develop a cryopreservation protocol for type A spermatogonia...
- Freeze-thawing procedures have no influence on the phenotypic and functional development of dendritic cells generated from peripheral blood CD14+ monocytesShin Ichi Hori
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Immunotherapy Unit, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunother 27:27-35. 2004Little is known about the potential influence of cryopreservation on the biologic activities of dendritic cells (DCs)...
- Cryopreserved dendritic cells for intratumoral immunotherapy do not require re-culture prior to human vaccinationJustin John
Department of Oncology, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 ORE, United Kingdom
J Immunol Methods 299:37-46. 2005....
- Embryo development of fresh 'versus' vitrified metaphase II oocytes after ICSI: a prospective randomized sibling-oocyte studyLaura Rienzi
G E N E R A Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Clinica Valle Giulia, Via De Notaris 2b, Rome, Italy
Hum Reprod 25:66-73. 2010A successful oocyte cryopreservation programme is of utmost importance where a limited number of oocytes can be inseminated per cycle, to overcome legal and ethical issues related to embryo storage, for oocyte donation programmes and for ..
- Slow cooling of human oocytes: ultrastructural injuries and apoptotic statusRoberto Gualtieri
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, University of Naples Federico II, Monte S Angelo, Naples, Italy
Fertil Steril 91:1023-34. 2009..To identify the damages caused by slow cooling human metaphase II (MII) oocytes comparing the ultrastructure, inner mitochondrial membrane potential (DeltaPsim), and apoptotic status of fresh and cryopreserved oocytes...
- Searching for evidence of disease and malignant cell contamination in ovarian tissue stored from hematologic cancer patientsDror Meirow
IVF Unit, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Hum Reprod 23:1007-13. 2008..Methods to exclude presence of cancer cells were used to improve the safety of cryopreservation-reimplantation procedures.
- Clean technique for cryoprotectant-free vitrification of human spermatozoaVladimir Isachenko
Department of Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53127 Bonn, Germany
Reprod Biomed Online 10:350-4. 2005....
- Deciding the fate of supernumerary frozen embryos: a survey of couples' decisions and the factors influencing their choiceKarin Hammarberg
Monash IVF, Epworth Hospital, Richmond, Victoria, Australia
Fertil Steril 86:86-91. 2006....
- Cryopreservation of metaphase II human oocytes effects mitochondrial membrane potential: implications for developmental competenceAmy Jones
Reproductive Biology Associates, 1150 Lake Hearn Dr, Suite 600, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
Hum Reprod 19:1861-6. 2004....
- The dominance of warming rate over cooling rate in the survival of mouse oocytes subjected to a vitrification procedureShinsuke Seki
Fundamental and Applied Cryobiology Group, Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996 0840, USA
Cryobiology 59:75-82. 2009..The two contrasting routes to avoiding it are slow equilibrium freezing and vitrification. The cryopreservation of mammalian oocytes by either method continues to be difficult, but there seems a slowly emerging consensus ..
- Single sperm cryopreservation on cryoloops: an alternative to hamster zona for freezing individual spermatozoaNina N Desai
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland Clinic Fertility Centre, Suite 220 S, Beachwood, OH 44122, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 9:47-53. 2004Methodology enabling cryopreservation of individual spermatozoa in extreme cases of oligozoospermia would tremendously benefit patients...
- Orthotopic and heterotopic ovarian tissue transplantationI Demeestere
Research Laboratory on Human Reproduction, Medicine Faculty, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Erasme Hospital, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod Update 15:649-65. 2009..Here, we review the different factors affecting follicular survival and growth after grafting...
- Novel method for the cryopreservation of testicular sperm and ejaculated spermatozoa from patients with severe oligospermia: a pilot studyAlexander Just
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, IVF Outpatient Department, General Hospital of St Pölten, Probst Fuhrer Strasse 4, A 3100 St Pölten, Austria
Fertil Steril 82:445-7. 2004To investigate Volvox globator as an easy-to-handle vehicle and as a safe alternative for cryopreservation of functional motile sperm cells.
- Management of severe early ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome by re-initiation of GnRH antagonistT G Lainas
Eugonia Iatriki Erevna IVF Unit, 7 Ventiri str, 11528, Athens, Greece
Reprod Biomed Online 15:408-12. 2007..proceed to embryo transfer, while if severe early OHSS ensues, antagonist administration combined with embryo cryopreservation appear to be associated with prevention of life-threatening OHSS, facilitation of regression of severe OHSS ..
- At what age can human oocytes be obtained?Ariel Revel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Fertil Steril 92:458-63. 2009..To determine whether oocyte retrieval and in vitro maturation (IVM) is effective in girls undergoing fertility preservation before cancer treatment...
- Analysis of oocyte physiology to improve cryopreservation proceduresDavid K Gardner
Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine, Englewood, CO 80113, USA
Theriogenology 67:64-72. 2007..Differences in membrane permeability and in physiology are two main reasons why successful oocyte cryopreservation has remained elusive...
- Vitrification of human 8-cell embryos, a modified protocol for better pregnancy ratesGottumukkala Achyuta Rama Raju
Embryology Division, Krishna IVF Clinic, Zillaparishad Junction, Visakhapatnam, Pincode 530002, Andhra Pradesh, India
Reprod Biomed Online 11:434-7. 2005..Ethylene glycol is a good cryoprotectant to preserve human 8-cell embryos because of its low toxicity as shown by the high survival rate, and vitrification is a promising alternate to the conventional slow-freezing method...
- Permeability of mouse oocytes and embryos at various developmental stages to five cryoprotectantsPrudencio B Pedro
Laboratory of Animal Science, College of Agriculture, Kochi University, Japan
J Reprod Dev 51:235-46. 2005..Such information will be valuable for determining a suitable protocol for the cryopreservation of oocytes/embryos at different stages of development.
- Gene expression profiling of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded familial breast tumours using the whole genome-DASL assayNic Waddell
The Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
J Pathol 221:452-61. 2010....
- Vitrification versus controlled-rate freezing in cryopreservation of human ovarian tissueVictoria Keros
Department of Clinical Science, Technology and Intervention, Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, K 57, Stockholm SE 141 86, Sweden
Hum Reprod 24:1670-83. 2009..To improve the method for cryopreservation of ovarian tissue, particularly the stroma, we carried out a systematic comparison of vitrification versus ..
- Effective cryopreservation of human embryonic stem cells by the open pulled straw vitrification methodB E Reubinoff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Goldyn Savad Institute of Gyne Therapy, Hadassah University Hospital, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Hum Reprod 16:2187-94. 2001..The study aim was to determine whether the open pulled straw (OPS) vitrification method, which is highly effective for the cryopreservation of embryos, might be also efficient for human ES cells.
- An efficient method for the rapid establishment of Epstein-Barr virus immortalization of human B lymphocytesH M Oh
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Wonkwang University School of Medicine, Chonbuk, Korea
Cell Prolif 36:191-7. 2003..We developed an efficient method which reduces the time from culture initiation to immortalization and cryopreservation. Two infections of EBV to lymphocytes, and the use of phorbol ester-induced EBV stock significantly improved ..
- Genome-wide, large-scale production of mutant mice by ENU mutagenesisM H Hrabe de Angelis
Institute of Experimental Genetics, GSF Research Center for Environment and Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Nat Genet 25:444-7. 2000..Our mutant lines are freely accessible to non-commercial users (for information, see http://www.gsf.de/ieg/groups/enu-mouse.html)...
- Clinical outcome of oocyte cryopreservation after slow cooling with a protocol utilizing a high sucrose concentrationA Borini
Tecnobios Procreazione, Via Dante 15 University of Bologna, 40125 Bologna, Italy
Hum Reprod 21:512-7. 2006Recently, interest in oocyte cryopreservation has steadily increased...
- Over 900 oocyte cryopreservation babies born with no apparent increase in congenital anomaliesN Noyes
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, NYU Fertility Center, NYU School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 18:769-76. 2009Over the past decade, the number of reported live births resulting from oocyte cryopreservation has rapidly increased. To appreciate the true number of children born, verified live births were tabulated and assessed...
- Fertility preservation: successful transplantation of cryopreserved ovarian tissue in a young patient previously treated for Hodgkin's diseaseIsabelle Demeestere
Research Laboratory on Human Reproduction, Campus Erasme Bat GE CP636, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070, Brussels, Belgium
Oncologist 12:1437-42. 2007b>Cryopreservation of ovarian tissue is now offered as an experimental procedure to preserve the fertility of young patients with a high risk for premature ovarian failure resulting from cancer therapy...
- Dendritic cell immunotherapy for urological cancers using cryopreserved allogeneic tumour lysate-pulsed cells: a phase I/II studyHardev S Pandha
Department of Histopathology, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
BJU Int 94:412-8. 2004..To assess the feasibility, toxicity and immunogenicity of dendritic cell (DC)-based immunotherapy in patients with advanced urological cancers...
- Enhanced rates and magnitude of immune responses detected against an HIV vaccine: effect of using an optimized process for isolating PBMCLisa S Kierstead
Vaccine and Biologics Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point and Wayne, PA 19087, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:86-92. 2007..These studies establish the importance of optimal conditions for PBMC collection and handling to the success of a clinical development program...
- Preserved proliferative capacity and multipotency of human adipose-derived stem cells after long-term cryopreservationKoichi Gonda
Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Japan
Plast Reconstr Surg 121:401-10. 2008..In potential future clinical applications, adipose-derived stem cell cryopreservation could be an indispensable fundamental technology, as has occurred in other fields involving cell-based ..
- Effect of vitrification on mitochondrial distribution and membrane potential in mouse two pronuclear (2-PN) embryosXue Ming Zhao
Laboratory of Animal Embryonic Biotechnology, College of Animal Science and Technology, and State Key Laboratories for Agrobiotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, P R China
Mol Reprod Dev 76:1056-63. 2009..7 +/- 2.5%). In conclusion, vitrification affected mitochondrial distribution and decreased the mitochondrial membrane potential in mouse 2-PN embryos, events which may affect subsequent developmental viability of such embryos...
- Cryopreservation of stromal vascular fraction of adipose tissue in a serum-free freezing mediumSreedhar Thirumala
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 4:224-32. 2010Developing effective techniques for the cryopreservation of human adipose-derived adult stem cells could increase the usefulness of these cells in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine...
- Functional consequences of human lymphocyte cryopreservation: implications for subsequent interactions of cells with endotheliumJeff M Faint
Centre for Liver Research and NIHR Biomedical Research Unit, Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
J Immunother 34:588-96. 2011..The consequences of cryopreservation on the adhesion and migration of leukocytes is not known leading us to study the effects of cryopreservation ..
- Cornea lenticule viability and structural integrity after refractive lenticule extraction (ReLEx) and cryopreservationKarim Mohamed-Noriega
Tissue Engineering and Stem Cell Group, Singapore Eye Research Institute, Singapore
Mol Vis 17:3437-49. 2011To assess and compare keratocyte viability and collagen structure in cornea stroma lenticules collected immediately after refractive lenticule extraction (ReLEx) and one month after cryopreservation.
- Management of severe OHSS using GnRH antagonist and blastocyst cryopreservation in PCOS patients treated with long protocolT G Lainas
Eugonia Iatriki Erevna IVF Unit, Athens, Greece
Reprod Biomed Online 18:15-20. 2009..In conclusion, GnRH antagonist administration combined with blastocyst cryopreservation 6 days post retrieval might represent a new approach for the effective management of patients with ..
- Evaluation of trehalose and sucrose as cryoprotectants for hematopoietic stem cells of umbilical cord bloodJ P Rodrigues
Histocompatibility and Cryopreservation Laboratory, Department of Histology and Embryology, Institute of Biology Roberto Alcantara Gomes, Rio de Janeiro State University, São Francisco Xavier, Brazil
Cryobiology 56:144-51. 2008..In this study, we assessed the use of trehalose and sucrose for cryopreservation of UCB cells in combination with reduced amounts of Me(2)SO...
- Use of an adenosine triphosphate assay, and simultaneous staining with fluorescein diacetate and propidium iodide, to evaluate the effects of cryoprotectants on hard coral (Echinopora spp.) oocytesS Tsai
Department of Biotechnology, MingDao University, Peetow, Chang Hua, Taiwan
Theriogenology 73:605-11. 2010..to obtain basic knowledge for cryopreservation procedures. Oocytes were exposed to various concentrations of cryoprotectants (0.25 to 5...
- Oocyte cryopreservation: is it time to remove its experimental label?Nicole Noyes
NYU Fertility Center, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Assist Reprod Genet 27:69-74. 2010..Embryo cryopreservation, often using donor sperm, has been the standard offered these women over the past 20 years...
- Fertility preservation in cancer patientsR Dittrich
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erlangen University Hospital, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Minerva Ginecol 62:63-80. 2010..The various diagnostic methods of assessing the fertility potential at the time of diagnosis and the efficacy of the different fertility preserving methods after cancer treatment are also presented...
- Cryopreservation of monocytes is superior to cryopreservation of immature or semi-mature dendritic cells for dendritic cell-based immunotherapyHubert Hayden
Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Immunother 32:638-54. 2009b>Cryopreservation of immature or mature dendritic cells (DC) has been proposed as a suitable method to gain large numbers of DC for immunotherapeutic trials against cancer...
- Current results with slow freezing and vitrification of the human oocyteJeffrey Boldt
Assisted Fertility Services, Community Health Network, 8040 Clearvista Parkway, Indianapolis, IN 46256, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 23:314-22. 2011The past decade has witnessed renewed interest in human oocyte cryopreservation (OCP)...
- Reimplantation of cryopreserved ovarian tissue from patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia is potentially unsafeMarie Madeleine Dolmans
Department of Gynecology, GYNE Research Unit, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Blood 116:2908-14. 2010Ovarian tissue cryopreservation is currently proposed to young cancer patients to preserve their fertility before radiochemotherapy. The potential risk is that the tissue might harbor malignant cells that could induce disease recurrence...
- Attitudes of couples with stored frozen embryos toward conditional embryo donationCatherine A McMahon
Psychology Department, Macquarie University, North Ryde, New South Wales, Australia
Fertil Steril 91:140-7. 2009..To survey clients with stored frozen embryos regarding intention to donate embryos to other couples and attitudes toward conditional donation...
- In vitro maturation of oocytes as a strategy for fertility preservationBaris Ata
McGill Reproductive Centre, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Obstet Gynecol 53:775-86. 2010In vitro fertilization and embryo cryopreservation are regarded as the only established method for the preservation of fertility in female cancer patients...
- Cryopreservation characteristics of adipose-derived stem cells: maintenance of differentiation potential and viabilityBrian C Goh
Stem Cell Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 1:322-4. 2007..Because freshly collected adipose tissue is not always readily available, there will be a need for improved cryopreservation methods to reproducibly maintain ASC viablility and multipotentiality in long-term storage...
- Ultra-rapid vitrification of mouse oocytes in low cryoprotectant concentrationsHo Joon Lee
Vincent Obstetrics and Gynecology Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 20:201-8. 2010The ideal cryopreservation protocol would combine the benefits of slow freezing with the benefits of vitrification. This report describes a method for the ultra-rapid vitrification of oocytes using slush nitrogen in quartz capillaries...
- Fertility preservation in women--a practical guide to preservation techniques and therapeutic strategies in breast cancer, Hodgkin's lymphoma and borderline ovarian tumours by the fertility preservation network FertiPROTEKTMichael von Wolff
Department of Gynaecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, University Women s Hospital, Effingerstrasse 102, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Arch Gynecol Obstet 284:427-35. 2011..However, balanced practical recommendations concerning all relevant fertility preservation, to support doctors in counselling and treating patients, are still rare...
- Integrated morphophysiological assessment of two methods for sperm selection in bovine embryo production in vitroA Cesari
Instituto de Investigaciones Biologicas, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, UNMdP CC 1245 7600 Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Theriogenology 66:1185-93. 2006....
- Kinetics of occurrence of some features of apoptosis during the cryopreservation process of bovine spermatozoaG Martin
Laboratoire de Biologie de la Reproduction GIMAP, Hopital Nord, Saint Etienne, France
Hum Reprod 22:380-8. 2007b>Cryopreservation/thawing of bovine spermatozoa induces a reduction in cell viability and is possibly associated with a form of programmed cell death that we previously named 'apoptosis-like phenomenon'.
- Alginate encapsulation as a novel strategy for the cryopreservation of neurospheresRita Malpique
Instituto de Biologia Experimental e Tecnologica, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Oeiras, Portugal
Tissue Eng Part C Methods 16:965-77. 2010..Such applications would greatly benefit from the development of efficient cryopreservation protocols that assure the availability of viable and genetically stable stocks of functional neurospheres...
- Report of four donor-recipient oocyte cryopreservation cycles resulting in high pregnancy and implantation ratesJason Barritt
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Department of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Fertil Steril 87:189.e13-7. 2007To determine the clinical potential of donor-oocyte cryopreservation and thaw techniques for recipient patients.
- Effect of exogenous calcium on post-thaw growth recovery and subsequent plant regeneration of cryopreserved embryogenic calli of Hevea brasiliensis (Müll. Arg.)Ludovic Lardet
CIRAD CP, UMR 1098, TA 80 03, Avenue Agropolis, 34398 Montpellier, France
Plant Cell Rep 26:559-69. 2007A reliable cryopreservation technique was developed for friable embryogenic callus lines of Hevea brasiliensis...
- Development of a simplified and standardized protocol with potential for high-throughput for sperm cryopreservation in zebrafish Danio rerioHuiping Yang
Aquaculture Research Station, Louisiana Agricultural Experiment Station, Louisiana State University Agricultural Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
Theriogenology 68:128-36. 2007Sperm cryopreservation offers potential for long-term storage of genetic resources. However, the current protocols for zebrafish Danio rerio are cumbersome and poorly reproducible...
- An array-based analysis of microRNA expression comparing matched frozen and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded human tissue samplesXiao Zhang
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Queen s Laboratory for Molecular Pathology, Kingston, ON, Canada
J Mol Diagn 10:513-9. 2008..669 to 0.815; Spearman rank correlation coefficient, 0.847 to 0.948), supporting the use of FFPE-derived miRNAs for array-based, gene expression profiling...
- Effect of different cryopreservation protocols on the metaphase II spindle in human oocytesA Cobo
IVI Universidad de Valencia Plaza de la Policía local, 3 46015 Valencia, Spain
Reprod Biomed Online 17:350-9. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of different cryopreservation protocols on the repolymerization of metaphase (M)II spindles in human oocytes...
- Ovarian cryopreservation for fertility preservation: indications and outcomesR A Anderson
The Queen s Medical Research Institute, Centre for Reproductive Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Reproduction 136:681-9. 2008..provides significantly different challenges to that for the male, with the only established method being cryopreservation of embryos thus necessitating the involvement of a male...
- Symposium: Update on prediction and management of OHSS. Prevention of OHSSMohamed Aboulghar
Cairo University and the Egyptian IVF Center, Maadi, Cairo, Egypt
Reprod Biomed Online 19:33-42. 2009..Intravenous albumin is useful in the prevention when given at time of oocyte retrieval. Cryopreservation of all embryos will reduce late-onset OHSS but not early-onset OHSS...
- CYROBIOLOGICAL PRESERVATION OF ANOPHELES EMBRYOSPeter Mazur; Fiscal Year: 2001..That impediment would largely disappear if cryopreservation of embryos or larvae were possible as it is with Drosophila embryos...
- ICE-FREE PRESERVATION OF OVARIES FOR LONG-TERM FECUNDITYYing Song; Fiscal Year: 2004..S. alone and thousands lose their ovarian function due to gynecologic surgery. Cryopreservation of ovarian tissue prior to initiation of cancer therapy, followed by autologous transplantation or in vitro ..
- Lyophilization of Plasmodium falciparum sporozoite vaccineStephen Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2007..a separate Phase II SBIR, we are developing the prototype, a PfSPZ vaccine using the NF54 strain of Pf using cryopreservation as the method of storage of the live attenuated sporozoites...
- A Novel Testicular Germ Cell Maturation Model for Fertility Preservation in Pre-pKirk C Lo; Fiscal Year: 2010..fertility in young men about to undergo cancer therapy are to reduce the toxicity of the cancer therapies and cryopreservation of gametes for future assisted reproductive technology...
- HEPTOCELLULAR RESPONCE TO CRYOPRESERVATIONMehmet Toner; Fiscal Year: 2002..Although there has been reasonable progress in cryopreservation of cultured hepatocytes, the freezing of isolated hepatocytes is still unreliable...
- ORGANIZATION AND FUNCTIONS OF LIPID RAFTS IN SPERMATOZOAAlexander Travis; Fiscal Year: 2007..relevance of answering these questions include improving diagnostics for male infertility, improving sperm cryopreservation and handling in vitro, and helping design male contraceptives...
- PROTOCOLS FOR MATURING AND FREEZING OOCYTESCatherine VandeVoort; Fiscal Year: 2001The objective of this project is to devise technical protocols for in vitro maturation (IVM) and cryopreservation of non-human primate oocytes using rhesus monkeys...
- PRESERVATION OF GENETICS LINES IN A NON-MAMMALIAN SYSTEMMary Hagedorn; Fiscal Year: 2001This proposal addresses cryobiological mechanisms that will assist in developing effective cryopreservation procedures for the germ plasm of teleost fish...
- Letrozole Therapy for IVF/ET: Effects on Multiple Pregnancy and Treatment BurdenRobert Brzyski; Fiscal Year: 2007..with assisted reproductive technology (ART), to reduce the incidence of excess embryo production and embryo cryopreservation associated with ART, and to reduce the burden on patients of ART therapy...
- Potency of cryopreserved, irradiated sporozoite vaccineStephen Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Additionally, there have been no advances in methods of cryopreservation for sporozoites in over 20 years...
- MOLECULAR ICE CONTROL FOR ENGINEERED TISSUESMichael Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2003Long term preservation is crucial as an enabling technology for tissue engineering. Cryopreservation would provide an ideal solution to this need except that ice crystallization in complex multicomponent tissues causes injury to the ..
- Response of Rhesus Sperm to Freezing: Recovery from Osmotic and Oxidative StressStuart A Meyers; Fiscal Year: 2010..This application is aimed at the development of efficient macaque sperm cryopreservation and will aid in successful propagation of germplasm through artificial insemination and in vitro ..
- UCD MUTANT MOUSE REGIONAL RESOURCE CENTERKC LLOYD; Fiscal Year: 2006..knockouts, and all other kinds of mutant mouse lines at no cost to the donor, and after SPF-rederivation and cryopreservation, distributes breeding stock orgermplasm of genetically, and in many cases phenotypically verified mice for a ..
- Response of Rhesus Sperm to Freezing: Recovery from Osmotic and Oxidative StressStuart Meyers; Fiscal Year: 2007..This application is aimed at the development of efficient macaque sperm cryopreservation and will aid in successful propagation of germplasm through artificial insemination and in vitro ..
- Heptocellular Response to CryopreservationMehmet Toner; Fiscal Year: 2009..desiccation at ambient temperatures, the only existing strategy for long-term storage of mammalian cells is cryopreservation. Cryopreservation relies on cryogenic temperatures (typically < -80fC) in order to halt all chemical ..
- ISLET-CELL RESOURCES CTR OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIAARTHUR RIGGS; Fiscal Year: 2006..first year and more than 200 pancreata by year 4; 2) Technologic advancement of islet-cell proliferation and cryopreservation techniques to allow for multiple donor use or repeated islet transfer from stored or proliferated cells; 3) ..
- Light Scattering & Flourescence Study of Sugar Solutions as Cryoprotective AgentsDAVID LEE SIDEBOTTOM; Fiscal Year: 2010Aqueous sugar solutions feature prominently in the cryopreservation and drying of biological membranes and soluable proteins as well as in the anhydrobiosis of many organisms in nature...