polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis
Summary: Electrophoresis in which a polyacrylamide gel is used as the diffusion medium.
Publications297 found, 100 shown here
- Proteomic analysis of melanoma-derived exosomes by two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and mass spectrometryRainy Mears
Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Proteomics 4:4019-31. 2004..The two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (2-D PAGE) protein profiles of exosomes from the two cell lines were highly comparable and ..
- Identification, proteomic profiling, and origin of ram epididymal fluid exosome-like vesiclesJean Luc Gatti
Equipe Gamètes Males et Fertilité, URM 6175 INRA CNRS Université de TOURS Haras Nationaux, Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique de Nouzilly, Monnaie 37380, France
Biol Reprod 72:1452-65. 2005..The main membrane-linked proteins of the vesicles were not retrieved in the extract from cauda or ejaculated sperm, suggesting that these vesicles did not fuse with sperm in vivo...
- Relative quantitative comparisons of the extracellular protein profiles of Staphylococcus aureus UAMS-1 and its sarA, agr, and sarA agr regulatory mutants using one-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and nanocapillary liquid chromatography couRichard C Jones
Divisions of Microbiology, Systems Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, US Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079 9502, USA
J Bacteriol 190:5265-78. 2008One-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis followed by nanocapillary liquid chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry was used to analyze proteins isolated from Staphylococcus aureus UAMS-1 after 3, 6, 12, and 24 h of in vitro ..
- A proteomic analysis of human bileTroels Zakarias Kristiansen
McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine and Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 3:715-28. 2004..In combination with "tagging" approaches for differential proteomics, our method could be used for identification of cancer biomarkers from any body fluid...
- Effects of plant genotype and growth stage on the structure of bacterial communities associated with potato (Solanum tuberosum L.)Leo van Overbeek
Plant Research International, Wageningen, The Netherlands
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 64:283-96. 2008..Its prevalence was affected by plant growth stage and experiment rather than by plant genotype. It was concluded that plant growth stage overwhelmed any effect of plant genotype on the bacterial communities associated with potato...
- Specific roles of protein-phospholipid interactions in the yeast cytochrome bc1 complex structureC Lange
, Heinrich-Hoffmann-Strasse 7, D-60528 Frankfurt, Germany
EMBO J 20:6591-600. 2001..Site-directed mutagenesis of ligating residues confirmed the importance of the phosphatidylinositol- and cardiolipin-binding sites...
- A high-copy T7 Escherichia coli expression vector for the production of recombinant proteins with a minimal N-terminal His-tagged fusion peptideC R R Ramos
Centro de Biotecnologia, Instituto Butantan, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Braz J Med Biol Res 37:1103-9. 2004..Thus, although proteins expressed by pRSET plasmids also have a hexa-histidine tag, the fusion peptide is much longer and may represent a problem for some recombinant proteins...
- The A- and B-type cyclins of Drosophila are accumulated and destroyed in temporally distinct events that define separable phases of the G2-M transitionW G Whitfield
Department of Biochemistry, The University, Dundee, Scotland
EMBO J 9:2563-72. 1990..These observations suggest that cyclin A has a role in the G2-M transition that is independent of spindle formation, and that entry into anaphase is a key requirement for the degradation of cyclin B...
- Apoptosis induced by a human milk proteinA Hakansson
Department of Medical Microbiology, Lund University, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:8064-8. 1995..Finally, analysis of the mechanism by which multimeric alpha-lactalbumin induces apoptosis in transformed epithelial cells could lead to the design of antitumor agents...
- Diet-induced metabolic improvements in a hamster model of hypercholesterolemia are strongly linked to alterations of the gut microbiotaInés Martínez
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, 68583 0919, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:4175-84. 2009..This study provides evidence that modulation of the gut microbiota-host metabolic interrelationship by dietary intervention has the potential to improve mammalian cholesterol homeostasis, which has relevance for cardiovascular health...
- A systematic characterization of mitochondrial proteome from human T leukemia cellsKarim Rezaul
Department of Cell Biology, Center for Vascular Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:169-81. 2005..Thus, we conclude that this approach is suitable for characterizing subcellular proteomes form multiple cells and tissues...
- Analysis of the subunit composition of complex I from bovine heart mitochondriaJoe Carroll
Medical Research Council Dunn Human Nutrition Unit, The Wellcome Trust MRC Building, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XY, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Proteomics 2:117-26. 2003..It is unlikely that any more subunits of the bovine complex remain undiscovered. Therefore, the intact enzyme is a complex of 46 subunits, and, assuming there is one copy of each subunit in the complex, its mass is 980 kDa...
- Preparation of coated nanoparticles for a new mucosal vaccine delivery systemOlga Borges
Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Division of Pharmaceutical Technology, P O Box 9502, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Int J Pharm 299:155-66. 2005..The optimisation of the coating process resulted in 35% (w/w) for the loading capacity of the coated particles. SEM investigations confirmed a suitable size of the coated nanoparticles for the uptake by M-cells...
- The many applications of acid urea polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis to studies of tRNAs and aminoacyl-tRNA synthetasesCaroline Köhrer
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Room 68 671, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Methods 44:129-38. 2008Here we describe the many applications of acid urea polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (acid urea PAGE) followed by Northern blot analysis to studies of tRNAs and aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases...
- Catalogue of soluble proteins in human vitreous humor by one-dimensional sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and electrospray ionization mass spectrometry including seven angiogenesis-regulating factorsReiko Koyama
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigakucho, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 8686, Japan
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 792:5-21. 2003..To improve the recovery of proteins in vitreous, we applied one-dimensional sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (1D-PAGE)...
- Deamidation affects structural and functional properties of human alphaA-crystallin and its oligomerization with alphaB-crystallinRatna Gupta
Department of Physiological Optics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 4390, USA
J Biol Chem 279:44258-69. 2004....
- Improved silver staining protocols for high sensitivity protein identification using matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization-time of flight analysisE Mortz
MDS Proteomics, Odense, Denmark
Proteomics 1:1359-63. 2001..Silver staining is currently the most popular method. Here we present silver staining protocols that are optimized for staining sensitivity, peptide recovery and compatibility with digestion and mass spectrometry...
- GMP-140, a platelet alpha-granule membrane protein, is also synthesized by vascular endothelial cells and is localized in Weibel-Palade bodiesR P McEver
St Francis Medical Research Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City 73104
J Clin Invest 84:92-9. 1989..The restricted expression of GMP-140 in secretory granules of platelets and endothelium suggests that it has a specific function in the vascular system rather than a general role related to inducible secretion...
- Analysis of avocado allergen (Prs a 1) IgE-binding peptides generated by simulated gastric fluid digestionAraceli Diaz-Perales
Departamento de Biotecnologia, E T S Ingenieros Agronomos, UPM, Madrid, Spain
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:1002-7. 2003..Allergenic plant class I chitinases, such as avocado Prs a 1, are the panallergens involved in the latex-fruit syndrome. Previous reports indicated their susceptibility to simulated gastric fluid (SGF) digestion...
- Structural characterization and immunogenicity in wild-type and immune tolerant mice of degraded recombinant human interferon alpha2bSuzanne Hermeling
Central Laboratory Animal Institute, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pharm Res 22:1997-2006. 2005..This study was conducted to study the influence of protein structure on the immunogenicity in wild-type and immune tolerant mice of well-characterized degradation products of recombinant human interferon alpha2b (rhIFNalpha2b)...
- Antibody response to aggregated human interferon alpha2b in wild-type and transgenic immune tolerant mice depends on type and level of aggregationSuzanne Hermeling
Department of Pharmaceutics, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences UIPS, Utrecht University, P O BOX 80082, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Pharm Sci 95:1084-96. 2006..gel permeation chromatography (GPC), dynamic light scattering (DLS), sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) and Western blotting, and ELISA...
- A bacterially expressed particulate hepatitis E vaccine: antigenicity, immunogenicity and protectivity on primatesShao W Li
The Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Cell Biology and Tumor Cell Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
Vaccine 23:2893-901. 2005..The efficacy of the vaccine was essentially the same for the homologous genotype 1 virus and heterologous genotype 4 virus...
- Diversity of endophytic bacterial populations and their interaction with Xylella fastidiosa in citrus plantsWelington L Araujo
Departamento de Genetica, Escola Superior de Agricultura Luiz de Queiroz, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Piracicaba, Brazil
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:4906-14. 2002..A specific band with a high G+C ratio was observed only in asymptomatic plants. The higher frequency of C. flaccumfaciens in asymptomatic plants suggests a role for this organism in the resistance of plants to CVC...
- Design and self-assembly of two-dimensional DNA crystalsE Winfree
Computation and Neural Systems, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Nature 394:539-44. 1998..The patterned crystals have been visualized by atomic force microscopy...
- Subinhibitory concentrations of linezolid reduce Staphylococcus aureus virulence factor expressionKatussevani Bernardo
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology, and Hygiene, Medical Center, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:546-55. 2004..on the secretion of exotoxins by Staphylococcus aureus was analyzed by sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis combined with matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry and ..
- Antigenic relatedness between Burkholderia pseudomallei and Burkholderia malleiNarisara Anuntagool
Laboratory of Immunology, Chulabhorn Research Institute, Bangkok, Thailand
Microbiol Immunol 46:143-50. 2002..e., the presence or absence of exopolysaccharide and the types of lipopolysaccharide. The heterogeneity of the LPS from these two closely related organisms is most likely related to the differences in its O-polysaccharide side chain...
- A novel strategy involved in [corrected] anti-oxidative defense: the conversion of NADH into NADPH by a metabolic networkRanji Singh
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 3:e2682. 2008....
- A sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis-liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry analysis of bovine cartilage tissue response to mechanical compression injury and the inflammatory cytokines tumor necrosis factor alpha and interleAnna L Stevens
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:489-500. 2008....
- Two-dimensional blue native/blue native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis for the characterization of mitochondrial protein complexes and supercomplexesStephanie Sunderhaus
Abt Angewandte Genetik, Naturwissenschafiliche Fakultät, Universitat Hannover, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 372:315-24. 2007Blue native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (BN-PAGE) employs the dye Coomassie for the labeling of proteins and protein complexes under native conditions...
- A novel lectin with antiproliferative activity from the medicinal mushroom Pholiota adiposaG Q Zhang
State Key Laboratory for Agrobiotechnology and Department of Microbiology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
Acta Biochim Pol 56:415-21. 2009..In the case of the lectin from P. aurivella, its antifungal, antiproliferative, and HIV-1 reverse transcriptase inhibitory activities have not been determined...
- Hydration of Watson-Crick base pairs and dehydration of Hoogsteen base pairs inducing structural polymorphism under molecular crowding conditionsDaisuke Miyoshi
Frontier Institute for Biomolecular Engineering Research, Konan University, 8 9 1 Okamoto, Higashinada ku, Kobe 658 8501, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 131:3522-31. 2009..2 +/- 0.2 kcal mol(-1), respectively. Furthermore, it was revealed that the opposing effects of molecular crowding on the Hoogsteen and Watson-Crick base pairs were due to different behaviors of water molecules binding to the DNA strands...
- Glutaredoxin-dependent peroxiredoxin from poplar: protein-protein interaction and catalytic mechanismNicolas Rouhier
Unité Mixte de Recherche IaM INRA UHP Nancy I, Biochimie et Biologie Moléculaire Végétales, Universite Henri Poincare, 54506 Vandoeuvre Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 277:13609-14. 2002..Based on these experimental results, a catalytic mechanism is proposed to explain the Grx- and Trx-dependent activities of poplar Prx...
- Delivery of the non-membrane-permeative antibiotic gentamicin into mammalian cells by using Shigella flexneri membrane vesiclesJ L Kadurugamuwa
Canadian Bacterial Diseases Network, Department of Microbiology, College of Biological Science, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 42:1476-83. 1998..Being bilayered, with outer faces composed of LPS and Ipa proteins, these MVs were readily engulfed by the otherwise impermeable membranes and eventually liberated their contents into the cytoplasmic substance of the host tissue...
- Mapping of the p53 and mdm-2 interaction domainsJ Chen
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, New Jersey 08544 1014
Mol Cell Biol 13:4107-14. 1993..This region contains the transactivation domain of p53, suggesting that mdm-2 may inhibit p53 function by disrupting its interaction with the general transcription machinery...
- Effect of beta-cyclodextrin on the renaturation of enzymes after sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresisEtsushi Yamamoto
Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8656, Japan
Anal Biochem 381:273-5. 2008..incubation time (several hours) on renaturation of enzymatic activity after sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE)...
- Purification of a novel low-molecular-mass laccase with HIV-1 reverse transcriptase inhibitory activity from the mushroom Tricholoma giganteumH X Wang
Department of Microbiology, China Agricultural University, and State Key Laboratory of Agrobiotechnology, Beijing, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 315:450-4. 2004..The laccase was unadsorbed on DEAE-cellulose and adsorbed on Affi-gel blue gel and CM-cellulose. It inhibited HIV-1 reverse transcriptase with an IC(50) of 2.2 microM...
- Sequential Peptide Affinity (SPA) system for the identification of mammalian and bacterial protein complexesMahel Zeghouf
Banting and Best Department of Medical Research, University of Toronto, 112 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1L6
J Proteome Res 3:463-8. 2004..We also present an adaptation of the SPA system for the efficient purification and identification of protein complexes in E. coli and, potentially, other bacteria...
- Reliable identification of clinically prevalent species and subspecies of staphylococci by sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis analysisOlinda Cabral da Silva Santos
Institute of Microbiology, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 64:1-5. 2009We identified by sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) 10 species and 5 subspecies of Staphylococcus among 139 clinical isolates and compared it with conventional tests...
- Resolving mitochondrial protein complexes using nongradient blue native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresisLiang Jun Yan
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience and Institute for Aging and Alzheimer s Disease Research, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Anal Biochem 389:143-9. 2009Blue native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (BN-PAGE) is a powerful technique for separation and proteomics analysis of high-molecular-weight protein complexes...
- Electrophoretic mobility of Alzheimer's amyloid-beta peptides in urea-sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresisJohn K Kawooya
Lead Discovery Technologies Protein Production, JR1 2201, Aventis Pharmaceuticals, 1041 Route 202 206 North, Bridgewater, NJ 08807 0800, USA
Anal Biochem 323:103-13. 2003..This conformer has a high tendency to aggregate during conventional SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE)...
- Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis of fluorophore-labeled hyaluronan and chondroitin sulfate disaccharides: application to the analysis in cells and tissuesEvgenia G Karousou
Department of Experimental and Clinical Biomedical Sciences, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Electrophoresis 25:2919-25. 2004This report describes a new formulation of polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis of fluorophore-labeled saccharides (PAGEFS) for the analysis of hyaluronan (HA) and chondroitin sulfate (CS) Delta-disaccharides...
- Cardiolipin stabilizes respiratory chain supercomplexesKathy Pfeiffer
Zentrum der Biologischen Chemie, Universitatsklinikum Frankfurt, D 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:52873-80. 2003..We show that a cardiolipin-deficient strain harbored almost inactive resting cytochrome c oxidase in the membrane. Transition to the fully active pulsed state occurred on a minute time scale...
- Investigating the fate of activated sludge extracellular proteins in sludge digestion using sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresisChul Park
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Water Environ Res 80:2219-27. 2008..investigated using three different cation-associated extraction methods and sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE)...
- Fragmentation pattern of mucins in normal and diseased gastric mucosae: a glycoprotein fractionates with gastric mucins purified from mucosal scrapings of cancer and peptic ulcer patientsA S Mall
Department of Surgery and MRC Liver Research Centre, University of Cape Town Medical School, Cape Town, South Africa
Digestion 60:216-26. 1999..The aim of this study was a biochemical characterisation of gastric mucins in this disease, compared with gastric ulceration and controls from transplant donors...
- Isolation of cucurmoschin, a novel antifungal peptide abundant in arginine, glutamate and glycine residues from black pumpkin seedsH X Wang
Department of Microbiology, College of Biological Science, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
Peptides 24:969-72. 2003A novel antifungal peptide, with a molecular mass of 8 kDa in sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and in gel filtration on Superdex 75 and designated cucurmoschin, was isolated from the seeds of the black pumpkin...
- Additional low-abundance human small nuclear ribonucleoproteins: U11, U12, etcK A Montzka
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven 06510
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:8885-9. 1988..Potential roles for the low-abundance snRNPs in aspects of pre-mRNA processing are discussed...
- Characteristics of human prostasomes isolated from three different sourcesLena Carlsson
Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Chemistry Unit, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Prostate 54:322-30. 2003..Prostasomes are organelles secreted by human prostate epithelial cells and appear freely in semen. Most prostasomal functional and biochemical characteristics have been settled on basis of seminal prostasomes (SP)...
- In situ alkylation with acrylamide for identification of cysteinyl residues in proteins during one- and two-dimensional sodium dodecyl sulphate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresisReiko Mineki
Division of Biochemical Analysis, Central Laboratory of Medical Sciences, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Proteomics 2:1672-81. 2002Cysteinyl residues in proteins were alkylated with acrylamide during sodium dodecyl sulphate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) to yield a thioether derivative, cys-S-beta-propionamide (PAM cys)...
- Sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and forster resonance energy transfer suggest weak interactions between fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 (FGFR3) transmembrane domains in the absence of extracellular domains and ligandsEdwin Li
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
Biochemistry 44:352-60. 2005..We have performed sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) with peptides produced via solid-phase peptide synthesis that correspond to the TM domain ..
- High-resolution preparative separation of glycosaminoglycan oligosaccharides by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresisTatiana N Laremore
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Anal Biochem 401:236-41. 2010..ranging in degree of polymerization from 4 to 32 is achieved within 6h using continuous elution polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (CE-PAGE) on commercially available equipment...
- Use of liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-ESI-MS/MS) for routine identification of enzymatically digested proteins separated by sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresisK L Stone
HHMI Biopolymer Laboratory and W M Keck Foundation, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Electrophoresis 19:1046-52. 1998..LC-ESI-MS/MS) analysis of >100 tryptic digests carried out on sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) separated, Coomassie Blue-stained proteins that were prepared by >50 different ..
- Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis followed by sodium dodecyl sulfate gradient polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis for the study of the dimer to monomer transition of human transthyretinKlaus Altland
Institut fur Humangenetik, Justus Liebig Universitat, Giessen, Germany
Electrophoresis 24:2265-71. 2003..We have developed a simple double one-dimensional (D1-D) electrophoretic procedure with polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) followed by sodium dodecylsulfate (SDS) gradient PAGE to study the dimer to monomer ..
- Coupling of native liquid phase isoelectrofocusing and blue native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis: a potent tool for native membrane multiprotein complex separationGian Maria D'Amici
Department of Environmental Sciences, Tuscia University, Viterbo, Italy
J Proteome Res 7:1326-40. 2008..isoelectrofocusing (N-LP-IEF) of protein complexes in the first dimension, followed by blue native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (BN-PAGE) in the second dimension, where both the pI and the molecular masses of protein complexes (..
- A multidimensional differential proteomic platform using dual-phase ion-exchange chromatography-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis/reversed-phase liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometryAndrew K Ottens
Center for Neuroproteomics and Biomarker Research, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Anal Chem 77:4836-45. 2005..platform, collectively termed CAX-PAGE/RPLC-MSMS, combines biphasic ion-exchange chromatography with polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis for protein separation, quantification, and differential band targeting, followed by capillary ..
- Use of DNA ladders for reproducible protein fractionation by sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) for quantitative proteomicsGuoan Zhang
Department of Pharmacology and Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York City, New York 10016, USA
J Proteome Res 7:678-86. 2008In proteomics, one-dimensional (1D) sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) is widely used for protein fractionation prior to mass spectrometric analysis to enhance the dynamic range of analysis and to improve ..
- A novel WD repeat protein component of the methylosome binds Sm proteinsWestley J Friesen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6148, USA
J Biol Chem 277:8243-7. 2002....
- Rapid protein separations in ultra-short microchannels: microchip sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and isoelectric focusingJongyoon Han
Sandia National Laboratories, Livermore, CA, USA
J Chromatogr A 1049:205-9. 2004We have developed novel protein gel electrophoresis techniques, sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) and isoelectric focusing (IEF) in short microchannels (approximately millimeters) that take less than a ..
- Identification of some rabbit allergens as lipocalinsJ Baker
Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW 2109, Australia
Clin Exp Allergy 31:303-12. 2001..The 18 kDa allergen from saliva may be the previously named rabbit allergen, Ory c 1...
- YfiO stabilizes the YaeT complex and is essential for outer membrane protein assembly in Escherichia coliJuliana C Malinverni
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Mol Microbiol 61:151-64. 2006..Genetic analysis verifies the importance of YfiO and its interactions with NlpB in maintaining the functional integrity of the YaeT complex...
- Supercomplexes in the respiratory chains of yeast and mammalian mitochondriaH Schagger
Zentrum der Biologischen Chemie, Universitatsklinikum Frankfurt, D 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
EMBO J 19:1777-83. 2000..A fraction of total bovine ATP synthase (complex V) was isolated in dimeric form, suggesting that a dimeric state is not limited to S.cerevisiae, but also exists in mammalian mitochondria...
- Partial characterization of bacteriocins produced by human Lactococcus lactis and Pediococccus acidilactici isolatesM Millette
INRS Institut Armand Frappier, Research Laboratories in Sciences Applied to Food, Canadian Irradiation Centre, 531, boulevard des Prairies, Laval, Quebec, Canada, H7V 1B7
J Appl Microbiol 102:274-82. 2007..The aim of this study was to isolate bacteriocin-producing lactic acid bacteria (LAB) from human intestine...
- Assignment of Centers for Disease Control group IVc-2 to the genus Ralstonia as Ralstonia paucula sp. novP Vandamme
Laboratorium voor Microbiologie, Gent, Belgium
Int J Syst Bacteriol 49:663-9. 1999..Strains have been isolated from various human clinical and environmental sources...
- Role of the Ada2 and Ada3 transcriptional coactivators in histone acetylationRamakrishnan Balasubramanian
Center for Gene Regulation, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802 1014, USA
J Biol Chem 277:7989-95. 2002..Our results suggest that Ada2 potentiates the Gcn5 catalytic activity and that Ada3 facilitates nucleosomal acetylation and an expanded lysine specificity...
- Analytical method for detection of beta-amylase isozymes in dehydrated cucumber cotyledons by using two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresisDaisuke Todaka
Department of Plant Production, United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Fuchu, Tokyo 183 8509, Japan
Anal Biochem 365:277-9. 2007
- A novel lectin with potent antitumor, mitogenic and HIV-1 reverse transcriptase inhibitory activities from the edible mushroom Pleurotus citrinopileatusY R Li
State Key Laboratory for Agrobiotechnology and Department of Microbiology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1780:51-7. 2008..The lectin inhibited HIV-1 reverse transcriptase with an IC50 of 0.93 microM. It was devoid of antifungal activity...
- Codon optimization can improve expression of human genes in Escherichia coli: A multi-gene studyNicola A Burgess-Brown
The Structural Genomics Consortium, Old Road Campus Research Building, University of Oxford, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7DQ, UK
Protein Expr Purif 59:94-102. 2008..The trend is that heterologous expression of some proteins in bacteria can be improved by altering codon preference, but that this effect can be generally recapitulated by introducing rare codon tRNAs into the host cell...
- Classification of Alcaligenes faecalis-like isolates from the environment and human clinical samples as Ralstonia gilardii sp. novT Coenye
Laboratorium voor Microbiologie, Universiteit Gent, Belgium
Int J Syst Bacteriol 49:405-13. 1999..The six environmental and four human isolates belonged to the genus Ralstonia and were assigned to a new species for which the name Ralstonia gilardii sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is LMG 5886T...
- Critical residues for structure and catalysis in short-chain dehydrogenases/reductasesCharlotta Filling
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 277:25677-84. 2002..This extends the previously recognized catalytic triad of Ser-Tyr-Lys residues to form a tetrad of Asn-Ser-Tyr-Lys in the majority of characterized short-chain dehydrogenases/reductase enzymes...
- Purification and characterization of a multiprotein component of the Drosophila 26 S (1500 kDa) proteolytic complexA Udvardy
Institute of Biochemistry, Biological Research Center of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged
J Biol Chem 268:9055-62. 1993..In chicken, rabbit and human cells a high molecular weight multiprotein complex can be detected, which is immunologically related to the Drosophila mu particle...
- A 25 kDa alpha 2-microglobulin-related protein is a component of the 125 kDa form of human gelatinaseS Triebel
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Bielefeld, Germany
FEBS Lett 314:386-8. 1992..The amino acid sequence of tryptic peptides of this protein revealed homology with an alpha 2-microglobulin-related protein from rats, a protein so far unknown in humans...
- Characterization of renal damage in canine leptospirosis by sodium dodecyl sulphate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) and Western blotting of the urinary proteinsC Zaragoza
Departamento de Medicina y Sanidad Animal, Biología Molecular y Genética, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Extremadura, Avda Universidad s n, Cáceres 10004, Spain
J Comp Pathol 129:169-78. 2003..To determine the urine protein pattern in the disease we performed sodium dodecyl sulphate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) on the urine from 10 dogs with leptospirosis and 20 healthy dogs...
- Structural basis for the inhibition of the essential Plasmodium falciparum M1 neutral aminopeptidaseSheena McGowan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence in Structural and Functional Microbial Genomics, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, 3800, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:2537-42. 2009..These results set the groundwork for the development of antimalarial therapeutics that target the neutral aminopeptidases of the parasite...
- Analysis of mitochondrial subunit assembly into respiratory chain complexes using Blue Native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresisMatthew McKenzie
Department of Biochemistry, La Trobe University, Melbourne, VIC 3086, Australia
Anal Biochem 364:128-37. 2007..complexes using radiolabeled, mitochondrially encoded subunits in conjunction with Blue Native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. The efficiency of assembly was found to differ markedly between complexes, and intermediate ..
- Large-format, two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis of ovine periimplantation uterine luminal fluid proteins: identification of aldose reductase, cytoplasmic actin, and transferrin as conceptus-synthesized proteinsR S Lee
Molecular Embryology AgResearch, Ruakura Research Center, Hamilton, New
Biol Reprod 59:743-52. 1998....
- A novel Bicine running buffer system for doubled sodium dodecyl sulfate - polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis of membrane proteinsTaufika Islam Williams
Department of Chemistry, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506 0286, USA
Electrophoresis 27:2984-95. 2006..The data clearly indicated that Bicine-dSDS-PAGE is a superior method for the analysis of membrane proteins, providing enhanced resolution and protein representation...
- Energetics and cooperativity of tertiary hydrogen bonds in RNA structureS K Silverman
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Colorado at Boulder 80309 0215, USA
Biochemistry 38:8691-702. 1999..4 to -0.5 kcal/mol per tertiary hydrogen bond may be more generally applicable to RNA folding...
- Monoclonal antibody-mediated tumor regression by induction of apoptosisB C Trauth
Institute for Immunology and Genetics, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
Science 245:301-5. 1989..Thus, induction of apoptosis as a consequence of a signal mediated through cell surface molecules like APO-1 may be a useful therapeutic approach in treatment of malignancy...
- N- and C-Terminal motifs in human alphaB crystallin play an important role in the recognition, selection, and solubilization of substratesJoy G Ghosh
Biomolecular Structure and Design, Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7420, USA
Biochemistry 45:13847-54. 2006..The results presented in this report established that interactive domains in the N- and C-termini of human alphaB crystallin are important for the recognition, selection, and solubility of unfolding substrate proteins...
- The three domains of the mitochondrial outer membrane protein Mim1 have discrete functions in assembly of the TOM complexFranziska Lueder
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton 3800, Australia
FEBS Lett 583:1475-80. 2009..In addition, a "late reaction" catalysed by the Sam37 subunit of the SAM complex is also influenced by Mim1. Thus, Mim1 participates at multiple stages in the assembly of the TOM complex...
- A unique caleosin in oil bodies of lily pollenPei Luen Jiang
Graduate Institute of Biotechnology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Plant Cell Physiol 49:1390-5. 2008..Caleosin in lily pollen oil bodies seemed to be a unique isoform distinct from that in lily seed oil bodies...
- Label-free kinase profiling using phosphate affinity polyacrylamide gel electrophoresisEmiko Kinoshita-Kikuta
Department of Functional Molecular Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Kasumi 1 2 3, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8553, Japan
Mol Cell Proteomics 6:356-66. 2007..describe three applications of label-free kinase profiling using a novel type of phosphate affinity polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. The phosphate affinity site is a polyacrylamide-bound dinuclear Mn2+ complex that enables the ..
- Acrylamide concentration affects the relative position of VP7 gene of serotype G2 strains as determined by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresisJerri Ross
Epidemiology Section, Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 8026, USA
J Clin Virol 42:374-80. 2008....
- Sequence effects in single-base loops for quadruplexesAurore Guédin
INSERM, U565, Acides nucléiques dynamique, ciblage et fonctions biologiques, 43 rue Cuvier, CP26, F 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
Biochimie 90:686-96. 2008....
- A modified coomassie brilliant blue G 250 staining method for the detection of chitinase activity and molecular weight after polyacrylamide gel electrophoresisChun Yi Liau
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 402, Taiwan, R O C Department of Bioengineering, Tatung University, Taipei 104, Taiwan, ROC
J Biosci Bioeng 106:111-3. 2008..Brilliant Blue G 250 staining method for detecting chitinolytic enzymes in chitin-containing polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) is presented. The staining formed achromatic zones at the locations of the migrated enzyme...
- HIV-1 Tat targets microtubules to induce apoptosis, a process promoted by the pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 relative BimDan Chen
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 3206, USA
EMBO J 21:6801-10. 2002..Our findings reveal a strategy by which Tat induces apoptosis by targeting the microtubule network. Thus HIV-1 Tat joins a growing list of pathogen-derived proteins that target the cytoskeleton of host cells...
- Expression, reconstitution, and structure of an archaeal RNA degrading exosomeEsben Lorentzen
Birkbeck College London, Institute of Structural Molecular Biology, London, United Kingdom
Methods Enzymol 447:417-35. 2008..Furthermore, we describe several crystal structures in which RNA substrates were diffused into crystals and how anomalous scattering from 5-iodo-uridine-modified RNA was used to locate low-occupancy RNA binding sites...
- Changes in ferritin H- and L-chains in canine lenses with age-related nuclear cataractMalgorzata Goralska
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27606, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:305-10. 2009..To determine potential differences in the characteristics of the iron storage protein ferritin and its heavy (H) and light (L) subunits in fiber cells from cataractous and noncataractous lenses of older dogs...
- Potential pathogenic role of aggregative-adhering Corynebacterium diphtheriae of different clonal groups in endocarditisR Hirata Jr
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro
Braz J Med Biol Res 41:986-91. 2008..diphtheriae of different clones in endocarditis. Accordingly, the aggregative-adherence pattern may be used as an indication of some invasive potential of C. diphtheriae strains...
- Gender difference in the composition of fecal flora in laboratory mice, as detected by denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE)Seigo Fushuku
Center for Laboratory Animal Science, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
Exp Anim 57:489-93. 2008..Male and female mice were distributed on opposite sides of the origin of the plane in NMDS at weeks 0, 2, 3, and 8. These results suggest a gender difference in the composition of intestinal flora in mice...
- Electrophoresis techniques to investigate defects in oxidative phosphorylationMaria Antonietta Calvaruso
Nijmegen Center for Mitochondrial Disorders at the Department of Pediatrics, Laboratory of Pediatrics and Neurology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Methods 46:281-7. 2008..Here we provide a practical guide on how to set-up the basic technique to study OXPHOS defects in patient-derived cells and tissues...
- Proteomics analysis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell secretome using a hollow fiber culture system and mass spectrometryHsin Yi Wu
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
J Proteome Res 8:380-9. 2009..We suggest that the HFC system may be used to collect secreted proteins efficiently and facilitate comprehensive characterization of cell secretome...
- Proteasomal protein degradation in Mycobacteria is dependent upon a prokaryotic ubiquitin-like proteinKristin E Burns
Tuberculosis Research Section, NIAID, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 284:3069-75. 2009..These data therefore establish that, despite differences in both sequence and target linkage, Pup plays an analogous role to ubiquitin in targeting proteins to the proteasome for degradation...
- Preparation of genome-wide DNA fragment libraries using bisulfite in polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis slices with formamide denaturation and quality control for massively parallel sequencing by oligonucleotide ligation and detectionSwati S Ranade
Applied Biosystems, Foster City, CA 94404, USA
Anal Biochem 390:126-35. 2009....
- Inositol pyrophosphates and their unique metabolic complexity: analysis by gel electrophoresisOriana Losito
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Medical Research Council Cell Biology Unit and Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, University College London, London, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e5580. 2009..Though likely involved in a wide range of cellular functions, the study of inositol pyrophosphates has suffered from a lack of readily available methods for their analysis...
- The beta-barrel outer membrane protein assembly complex of Neisseria meningitidisElena B Volokhina
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Bacteriol 191:7074-85. 2009..Thus, the Bam complex in N. meningitidis consists of Omp85/BamA plus RmpM, BamC, ComL/BamD, and BamE, of which ComL/BamD and BamE appear to be the most important accessory components for OMP assembly...
- The small GTP-binding protein rho regulates the assembly of focal adhesions and actin stress fibers in response to growth factorsA J Ridley
Institute for Cancer Research, Chester Beatty Laboratories, London, England
Cell 70:389-99. 1992..These data imply that rho is essential specifically for the coordinated assembly of focal adhesions and stress fibers induced by growth factors...
- Roles of a membrane-bound caleosin and putative peroxygenase in biotic and abiotic stress responses in ArabidopsisMark Partridge
Biotechnology Unit, Division of Biological Sciences, University of Glamorgan, Treforest, CF37 1DL, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol Biochem 47:796-806. 2009..We propose that Clo-3 is part of an oxylipin pathway induced by multiple stresses and may also generate fatty acid derived anti-fungal compounds for plant defence...
- Mutations in NDUFAF3 (C3ORF60), encoding an NDUFAF4 (C6ORF66)-interacting complex I assembly protein, cause fatal neonatal mitochondrial diseaseAnn Saada
Metabolic Disease Unit, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Hum Genet 84:718-27. 2009..These data not only show that NDUFAF3 mutations cause complex I deficiency but also relate different complex I disease genes by the close cooperation of their encoded proteins during the assembly process...
- Proteomic analysis of membrane microdomain-associated proteins in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder reveals alterations in LAMP, STXBP1 and BASP1 protein expressionA T Behan
Department of Psychiatry, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, RCSI ERC, Smurfit Building, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland
Mol Psychiatry 14:601-13. 2009..methods, two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis and one-dimensional sodium dodecyl sulphate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis followed by reverse phase-liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (RP-LC-MS/MS) (gel ..
- Corynebacterium diphtheriae invasion-associated protein (DIP1281) is involved in cell surface organization, adhesion and internalization in epithelial cellsLisa Ott
Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Staudtstr 5, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
BMC Microbiol 10:2. 2010..diphtheriae factors crucial for colonization of the host. In this study, we investigated the function of surface-associated protein DIP1281, previously annotated as hypothetical invasion-associated protein...
- Histone H4 N-terminal acetylation in Kasumi-1 cells treated with depsipeptide determined by acetic acid-urea polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, amino acid coded mass tagging, and mass spectrometryLiwen Zhang
Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics Facility, Campus Chemical Instrument Center, Department of Chemistry, Division of Hematology Oncology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Proteome Res 6:81-8. 2007..We describe here an analytical approach that combines acid urea polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (AU-PAGE), amino acid coded mass tagging (AACM), and mass spectrometry (MS) for the investigation of ..
- BIOPHYSICS AND GENETICS OF VIRAL DNA PACKAGINGPhilip Serwer; Fiscal Year: 1992..binding of fluorescent structure probes, protein-protein crosslinking, sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and protease digestion will be used; (d) isolate new DNA packaging intermediates; packaging will be ..
- MOLECULAR STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF TEKTINS IN MICROTUBULESRICHARD LINCK; Fiscal Year: 1993..Finally, using the cDNA probes, the expression and role of tektins in sea urchin embryonic ciliogenesis will be investigated...
- EFFECT OF MARIJUANA ON MACROPHAGE ANTIGEN PRESENTATIONGuy Cabral; Fiscal Year: 1993..14C]-amino acids, or [3H]-glucosamine, and subjected to one-dimensional or two-dimensional isodalt polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis in concert within radioautography, will be performed to establish the effect of THC on the time and ..
- NUCLEAR PROTEIN CONTENT AND HEAT-INDUCED CELL KILLINGJoseph Roti Roti; Fiscal Year: 1993..This aim will be accomplished by analyzing nuclear proteins by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) immediately after various heat exposures. 3...