differential thermal analysis
Summary: Technique by which phase transitions of chemical reactions can be followed by observation of the heat absorbed or liberated.
Publications208 found, 100 shown here
- Spectroscopic study of phase transitions in natural calcite mineralS Gunasekaran
PG and Research Department of Physics, Pachaiyappa s college, Chennai 600030, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:1246-51. 2008..The minerals, which were formed upon heating the calcite, were calcium oxide and wollastonite...
- Growth and characterization of organic nonlinear optical crystal of 1-chloro-2,4-dinitrobenzene (CDNB)K Sethuraman
Department of Physics, Anna University, Chennai 600025, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 66:707-11. 2007..Thermal properties of the grown crystals were studied by thermo gravimetric analysis (TGA) and differential thermal analysis (DTA). UV-vis studies show the cutoff wavelength is less than 400 nm...
- Nanostructured CaWO4, CaWO4 : Pb2+ and CaWO4 : Tb3+ particles: polyol-mediated synthesis and luminescent propertiesZhenling Wang
Key Laboratory of Rare Earth Chemistry and Physics, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun 130022
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:602-9. 2007..transmission electron microscopy (TEM), Fourier transform infrared spectra (FT-IR), thermogravimetry-differential thermal analysis (TG-DTA), photoluminescence (PL), cathodo-luminescence (CL) spectra and PL lifetimes...
- Ice propagation in plants visualized at the tissue level by infrared differential thermal analysis (IDTA)Jürgen Hacker
Institute of Botany, University of Innsbruck, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Tree Physiol 27:1661-70. 2007..in stems and leaves of various angiosperm deciduous and evergreen trees and shrubs and gymnosperms by differential thermal analysis (DTA) of thermal images captured with a digital infrared camera...
- Control release effects of binders used in pills of traditional Chinese medicine herbsZhijun Yang
School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:188-95. 2006..The pills were prepared by the stir method using a mixer at 80 degrees C without pressure. The differential thermal analysis (DTA) showed that the melting points of aspirin and baicalin were changed by the binders...
- Synthesis of ettringite: a way to deal with the acid wastewaters of aluminium anodising industryE Alvarez-Ayuso
Faculty of Applied Sciences, Department of Chemical Technology, Delft University of Technology, Julianalaan 136, 2638 BL Delft, The Netherlands
Water Res 39:65-72. 2005..XRD), Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), thermogravimetric analysis (TGA) and differential thermal analysis (DTA), proving the high purity of the pursued solid product when hydrated in the appropriate sodium ..
- Crystal growth, thermal and optical studies on a semiorganic nonlinear optical material for blue-green laser generationJ Ramajothi
Department of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 68:1213-9. 2007..The optical birefringence was measured in the visible region as a function of temperature in the range 30-150 degrees C by interference technique...
- Preparation of stable aqueous suspension of a hydrophobic drug with polymersHideo Terayama
Senju Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, 2 5 8 Hiranomachi, Chuo Ku, Osaka 541 0046, Japan
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 39:159-64. 2004..These results suggested that the highly stable CT112 suspension could be attained by the adsorption of the polymer...
- Polymorphism and pseudopolymorphism of salicaine and salicaine hydrochloride crystal polymorphism of local anaesthetic drugs, part VA C Schmidt
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Innsbruck, Innrain 52, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Pharm Sci 95:1097-113. 2006..I. A third polymorph monotropically related to mod. II degrees was found by freeze-drying. The free-base SLC was found to crystallize from ethanol/water as a triclinic hemihydrate...
- Perchlorate mixed-ligand copper(II) complexes of beta-diketone and ethylene diamine derivatives: thermal, spectroscopic and biochemical studiesUsama el-Ayaan
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 68:1278-86. 2007..The antibacterial screening demonstrated that, the diamine (DA-Cl), 3b has the maximum and broad activities against Gram +ve and Gram -ve bacterial strains...
- Structure investigation, spectral, thermal, X-ray and mass characterization of piroxicam and its metal complexesM A Zayed
Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 60:2843-52. 2004..The water molecules are removed in the first step while the Pir molecule is removed in the second and subsequent steps. X-ray powder diffraction was also used as a confirmatory tool to elucidate the crystallinity of the chelates...
- Hydration of an amphiphilic excipient, Gelucire 44/14A Svensson
Food Technology, Chemical Center, Lund University, POB 124, S 221 00, Sweden
Int J Pharm 281:107-18. 2004..Therefore the formulation of amphiphilic excipients can be optimized to avoid the formation of mesophases that impede dissolution of the excipient at body temperature...
- Solid state NMR perspective of drug-polymer solid solutions: a model system based on poly(ethylene oxide)Deborah M Schachter
The Dow Chemical Company, 171 River Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Int J Pharm 281:89-101. 2004..Furthermore, the high degree of drug/polymer molecular interactions stabilizes the morphology of the blend during storage...
- Evaluation of hydrate formation of a pharmaceutical solid by using diffuse reflectance infrared Fourier-transform spectroscopyTakashi Kojima
Science and Technology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Nagoya Laboratories, Pfizer Japan Inc, 5 2 Taketoyo, Aichi 470 2393, Japan
J Pharm Biomed Anal 46:788-91. 2008..These findings verify the usefulness of DRIFTS for the solid-state characterization of pharmaceutical substances, especially the monitoring of gradual hydration...
- Development of Sr and CO3 co-substituted hydroxyapatites for biomedical applicationsElena Landi
ISTEC CNR, Institute of Science and Technology for Ceramics, National Research Council, Via Granarolo 64, 48018 Faenza RA, Italy
Acta Biomater 4:656-63. 2008..In vitro and in vivo tests are in progress...
- Synthesis and characterization of norfloxacin-transition metal complexes (group 11, IB): spectroscopic, thermal, kinetic measurements and biological activityMoamen S Refat
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Education, Suez Canal University, Port Said, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 68:1393-405. 2007..The norfloxacin and their metal complexes have been biologically tested, which resulted in norfloxacin complexes showing moderate activity against the gram positive and gram negative bacteria as well as against fungi...
- Synthesis, characterization and thermal studies on metal complexes of new azo compounds derived from sulfa drugsGehad G Mohamed
Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 68:1382-7. 2007..The activation thermodynamic parameters, such as, E*, DeltaH*, DeltaS* and DeltaG* are calculated from the TG curves applying Coats-Redfern method...
- Evaluation of solid state properties of solid dispersions prepared by hot-melt extrusion and solvent co-precipitationZedong Dong
Pharmaceutical and Analytical Research and Development, Hoffmann La Roche Inc, 340 Kingsland Street, Nutley, NJ 07110, United States
Int J Pharm 355:141-9. 2008..The two products have acceptable physical stability after storage in 40 degrees C/75% RH chamber for 3 months. However, the HME product is more stable than the CP product in aqueous suspension formulation...
- [Preparation of inclusion complex of daidzein and hydropropyl-beta-cyclodextrin]Yue bin Ge
Center of Ocean, Department of Biology Sciences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 31:2039-41. 2006..To prepare an inclusion complex of daidzein and hydropropyl-beta-cyclodextrin to enhance the solubility of daidzein...
- Spectroscopic, and thermal studies of some new binuclear transition metal(II) complexes with hydrazone ligands containing acetoacetanilide and isoxazoleZhimin Chen
Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 68:918-26. 2007....
- Vibrational and thermal studies of the complexes (NH4)[VO(O2)2(phen)].2H2O and (NH4)[V(O2)3(phen)].2H2OAtiat S Barakat
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Zagazig University, Zagazig, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 62:814-8. 2005..Thermogravimetric (TG) and differential thermal analysis (DTA) measurements on these two complexes were also carried out...
- Diaminofurazan (DAF): Thermolysis and evaluation as ballistic modifier in double base propellantM B Talawar
High Energy Materials Research Laboratory, Pune 411021, India
J Hazard Mater 136:978-81. 2006..Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and differential thermal analysis (DTA) revealed that DAF shows two-stage decomposition, whereas the kinetics of initial stage of ..
- Intercalation compound of diclofenac sodium with layered inorganic compounds as a new drug materialTomoko Tajima
Showa Pharmaceutical University, Tokyo, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 53:1396-401. 2005..The present results suggested the different possibilities in the clinical field to use layered inorganic compounds such as drug delivery system (DDS)...
- Structure and physical stability of hydrates and thermotropic mesophase of calcium benzoateAkira Terakita
Department of Industrial and Physical Pharmacy, Purdue University School of Pharmacy, 575 Stadium Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2091, USA
J Pharm Sci 95:1162-72. 2006..mesophases were characterized by polarizing-light microscopy (PLM), X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD), differential thermal analysis (DTA), thermogravimetric analysis (TGA), and scanning electron microscopy (SEM)...
- Investigations on the polymorphism and pseudopolymorphism of triamcinolone diacetateViktor Suitchmezian
Institut für Anorganische Chemie der Christian Albrechts Universität zu Kiel, Olshausenstrasse 40, D 24098 Kiel, Germany
Int J Pharm 323:101-9. 2006....
- Investigations on the thermal behavior of omeprazole and other sulfoxidesK M Rosenblatt
Institute of Pharmacy, Friedrich Schiller Universitat, Jena, Germany
Pharmazie 60:503-7. 2005..g., in DSC) have to be employed to enable reliable determination of a melting point of these decomposable substances...
- Investigation of the multi-step dehydration reaction of theophylline monohydrate using 2-dimensional powder X-ray diffractometryCletus Nunes
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Pharm Res 23:2393-404. 2006..i) To study the dehydration kinetics of theophylline monohydrate using 2-dimensional (2D) powder X-ray diffractometry (XRD), and (ii) to investigate the effect of polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) on the dehydration pathway and kinetics...
- Vitrified metal finishing wastes II. Thermal and structural characterisationP A Bingham
Immobilisation Science Laboratory, Department of Engineering Materials, University of Sheffield, UK
J Hazard Mater 122:129-38. 2005..This explained the high chemical durability of these waste forms and their structural insensitivity to compositional change, underlining their suitability as hosts for the immobilisation of toxic and nuclear wastes...
- Synthesis of dawsonite: a method to treat the etching waste streams of the aluminium anodising industryE Alvarez-Ayuso
Department of Chemical Technology, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Delft University of Technology, Julianalaan 136, 2638 BL Delft, The Netherlands
Water Res 39:2096-104. 2005..XRD), Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), thermogravimetric analysis (TGA), and differential thermal analysis (DTA), all of which indicated characteristics typical of the desired compound...
- Novel hybrid silica xerogels for stabilization and controlled release of drugUros Maver
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ljubljana, Askerceva 7m, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Int J Pharm 330:164-74. 2007..Due to spatial constraints, the amorphous state was expected to be temporally highly stable...
- Solid-state characterization of falicaine hydrochloride and isomorphic dyclonine hydrochloride. Part IV. Crystal polymorphism of local anaesthetic drugsAndrea C Schmidt
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Innsbruck, Innrain 52, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Pharm Sci 25:407-16. 2005..The sorption isotherms show a distinct higher hygroscopicity for the less stable mod. I of PPCHC and DCNHC. Solid-state NMR spectra were used to obtain both structural- and molecular-level mobility information...
- Comparative biodegradation of HDPE and LDPE using an indigenously developed microbial consortiumAlok Satlewal
Department of Microbiology, C B S H, G B Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar 263145, India
J Microbiol Biotechnol 18:477-82. 2008..infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and simultaneous thermogravimetric-differential thermogravimetry-differential thermal analysis TG-DTG-DTA) were used to analyze these samples...
- Characterization and selective crystallization of famotidine polymorphsJie Lu
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 637722
J Pharm Sci 96:2457-68. 2007..The effect of crystallization conditions on the polymorph of famotidine can be mainly attributed to the conformational polymorphism. Finally the "polymorphic window" for famotidine crystallized from aqueous solution has been described...
- Copper(II) complexes with ligands derived from 4-amino-2,3-dimethyl-1-phenyl-3-pyrazolin-5-one: synthesis and biological activityTudor Rosu
Faculty of Chemistry, Department of Inorganic Chemistry, University of Bucharest, 050107, Romania
Molecules 11:904-14. 2006..The qualitative and quantitative antimicrobial activity test results proved that all the prepared complexes are very active, especially against samples of Ps. aeruginosa, A. Boumanii, E. coli and S. aureus...
- Synthesis, characterizations and luminescent properties of terbium complexes with methoxy derivatives of 2'-hydroxy-2-phenylacetophenoneRajesh Kumar
Department of Chemistry, M D University, Rohtak 124001, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:1119-24. 2008..The complexes emitting bright green colour might be promisingly applicable for optical devices and solid-state lamps for general illumination purposes...
- TPD-TG-MS study of carbonate calcium hydroxyapatite particlesA Yasukawa
School of Chemistry, Osaka University of Education, 4 698 1 Asahigaoka, Kashiwara, Osaka 582 8582, Japan
Calcif Tissue Int 72:243-50. 2003..The increase of carbonate ion content in the particles increased the weight loss in the TPD-TG curves...
- Sintering mechanism of the CaF2 on hydroxyapatite by a 10.6-l microm CO2 laserCheng Chei Wu
Graduate Institute of Dental Science, College of Dental Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Lasers Surg Med 31:333-8. 2002..For laser to be accepted in clinical applications, it is desired that, studies must show the incorporation of CaF(2) into hydroxyapatite could reduce the sintering temperature for the sake of safety...
- Polymeric complexes of cornstarch and waxy cornstarch phosphates with milk casein and their performance as biodegradable materialsDorota Najgebauer
Department of Animal Product Technology, Agricultural University, Cracow, Poland
Molecules 9:550-67. 2004..Because of their insolubility in 7 M aqueous urea solution they might also be considered as complexes in which the components were chemically bound. Enzymatic studies showed that they are biodegradable materials...
- Laser irradiation of BaMgHPO4 crystals in silica gel media at different growth environments (nucleation reduction strategy) and its characterization studiesP Sundaramoorthi
Department of Physics, Mahendra Engineering College, Mallasamudram W, Namakkal, Tamil Nadu, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:1154-9. 2008..The laser light exposure medium of growth gave better nucleation reduction. The grown crystals were analyzed by XRD, FTIR, TGA, SEM and etching. The results are discussed in detail...
- Synthesis, spectral, optical and thermal studies of 1-methyl-2,6-dimethyl-4-hydroxypyridinium chloride monohydrate and bromide monohydrateS Dhanuskodi
School of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli 620024, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:1207-12. 2008..Optical transmittance windows in aqueous solution were found as 300-1100 nm using UV-vis-NIR spectrophotometer...
- Polymorphism of the CNS active drug Org 13011: the application of high temperature analysis to detect new polymorphsP van Hoof
Analytical Chemistry for Development, Organon, P O Box 20, 5340 BH, Oss, The Netherlands
Int J Pharm 238:215-28. 2002..This study shows that the application of high temperature experiments is useful and can lead to the discovery of new crystalline forms...
- Synthesis and characterization of a new mebendazole salt: mebendazole hydrochlorideE V Brusau
Quimica Inorganica, Departamento de Quimica, Facultad de Quimica, Bioquimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional de San Luis, Chacabuco y Pedernera, 5700 San Luis, Argentina
J Pharm Sci 97:542-52. 2008..Decomposition occurs in four steps. In the first step the HCl group is eliminated, and after that the remaining MBZ polymorph A decomposes in three steps, as happens with polymorphs B and C. (..
- Synthesis, growth, structural, spectroscopic and optical studies of a new semiorganic nonlinear optical crystal: L-valine hydrochlorideK Kirubavathi
Department of Physics, Thanthai Hans Roever College, Perambalur 621212, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:1283-6. 2008..Differential thermal and thermogravimetric analyses confirmed that the crystal is stable up to 211 degrees C. The powder second harmonic generation (SHG) efficiency of LVHCl is 1.7 times efficient as potassium dihydrogen phosphate (KDP)...
- Spectral and thermal studies for some transition metal complexes of bis(benzylthiocarbohydrazone) focusing on EPR study for Cu(II) and VO2+Khlood S Abu-Melha
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Education, King Khaled University, Abha, Saudi Arabia
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 70:277-83. 2008..The TG analysis for most complexes supports the absence of solvent molecules in or out the coordination sphere through the high thermal stability observed on the thermal curves for the investigated complexes...
- Solid state interconversion between anhydrous norfloxacin and its hydratesWanchai Chongcharoen
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Pharm Sci 97:473-89. 2008..In conclusion, surrounding moisture levels, temperatures and the duration of exposure strongly influenced the interconversion pathways and stoichiometry of anhydrous NF and its hydrates...
- Characterization of flue gas cleaning residues from European solid waste incinerators: assessment of various Ca-based sorbent processesF Bodénan
BRGM, Service Environment et Procédés, BP 6009, F 45060 Orléans, France
Chemosphere 51:335-47. 2003..2H(2)O. In addition, it seems that gas temperatures above 150 degrees C increase competition between lime-based neutralization of HCl, SO(2) acid flue gases and CO(2) trapping, thus reducing washing efficiency...
- Mineral phases of weathered and recent electric arc furnace dustFernanda Machado Martins
Laboratório de Química Mineral Aplicada, Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal do Parana UFPR, CP 19081, CEP 81 530 000, Curitiba PR, Brazil
J Hazard Mater 154:417-25. 2008..The dominant mineralogical phases identified in both materials are Magnetite, Franklinite and Zincite. The recent sample has Laurionite whereas the weathered sample has Hydrocerussite and Hydrozincite...
- Interfacial molecular recognition between polysaccharides and calcium carbonate during crystallizationLin Yang
College of Chemistry and Environmental Science, Henan Normal University, Xinxiang, 453002, PR China
J Inorg Biochem 97:377-83. 2003..X-ray powder diffraction analysis (XRD), scanning electronic microscopy (SEM), thermal gravity-differential thermal analysis and conductivity analysis...
- Vitrification from solution in restricted space: formation and stabilization of amorphous nifedipine in a nanoporous silica xerogel carrierAljaz Godec
National Institute of Chemistry, Hajdrihova 19, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Int J Pharm 343:131-40. 2007..g., nanopores of inorganic solid). Similarly, criteria that lead to stabilization of amorphous drug within such pores were investigated...
- An investigation of Cu(II) adsorption by raw and acid-activated bentonite: a combined potentiometric, thermodynamic, XRD, IR, DTA studyE Eren
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Ondokuz Mayis University, 55139 Kurupelit Samsun, Turkey
J Hazard Mater 151:682-91. 2008..b>Differential thermal analysis (DTA) results showed that adsorbed Cu(II) cations have a great effect on the thermal behaviour of the ..
- Thermal decomposition and kinetics studies on 1,4-dinitropiperazine (DNP)Qi Long Yan
Xi an Modern Chemistry Research Institute, Xi an 710065, China
J Hazard Mater 151:515-21. 2008..with regard to the kinetics and mechanism of thermal decomposition, using thermogravimetry (TG), differential thermal analysis (DTA), infrared (IR) spectroscopy, and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Nickel(II) thiohydrazide and thiodiamine complexes: synthesis, characterization, antibacterial, antifungal and thermal studiesA K Mishra
Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:842-8. 2008..These complexes were also screened for in vitro antifungal and in vitro antibacterial activities and significant activity have been found...
- Thermal analysis of the antiretroviral zidovudine (AZT) and evaluation of the compatibility with excipients used in solid dosage formsAdriano A S Araújo
Departamento de Farmacia, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Int J Pharm 260:303-14. 2003..Comparison of the thermoanalytical profiles of the mixtures with individual compounds did not give any evidence of interactions...
- Comparison of the Gordon-Taylor and Couchman-Karasz equations for prediction of the glass transition temperature of glass solutions of drug and polyvinylpyrrolidone prepared by melt extrusionA Forster
Solid State Research Group, New Zealand National School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Pharmazie 58:838-9. 2003
- Solution and solid state properties of a set of procaine and procainamide derivativesMaría Eugenia Olivera
Departamento de Farmacia, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, 5000 Cordoba, Argentina
Eur J Pharm Sci 18:337-48. 2003..Solid structure (zwitterionic or neutral), as well as composition (anhydrous or hydrated) may be recognized as the main factors in determining the rank of aqueous solubility of the set: (+-)>(+-.H(2)O)>(00.H(2)O)...
- Thermodynamic properties of several soil- and sediment-derived natural organic materialsRossane C DeLapp
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Vanderbilt University, 400 24th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37325, USA
Chemosphere 54:527-39. 2004....
- Synthesis, structural characterization, and biological studies of new antimony(III) complexes with thiones. The influence of the solvent on the geometry of the complexesIbrahim I Ozturk
Section of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina, 45110 Ioannina, Greece
Inorg Chem 46:8652-61. 2007..SbCl(3)(MTZD)2] (5) have been synthesized and characterized by elemental analysis, FT-IR, far-FT-IR, differential thermal analysis-thermogravimetry, X-ray diffraction, and conductivity measurements...
- IR, UV-Vis, magnetic and thermal characterization of chelates of some catecholamines and 4-aminoantipyrine with Fe(III) and Cu(II)Gehad G Mohamed
Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 60:1775-81. 2004..The thermal decomposition of Fe(III) and Cu(II) complexes is studied using thermogravimetric (TGA) and differential thermal analysis (DTA) techniques...
- Processing, characterisation, and biocompatibility of zinc modified metaphosphate based glasses for biomedical applicationsEnsanya Ali Abou Neel
Division of Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK
J Mater Sci Mater Med 19:1669-79. 2008..glasses, developed for biomedical applications, were investigated throughout this study using differential thermal analysis (DTA), differential scanning calorimetry, X-ray powder diffraction and 31P and 23Na MAS NMR...
- Effect of thawing time, cooling rate and boron nutrition on freezing point of the primordial shoot in norway spruce budsMikko Räisänen
Faculty of Forestry, University of Joensuu, P O Box 111, FIN 80101 Joensuu, Finland
Ann Bot 97:593-9. 2006..Since the cell wall pore size has been found to increase with boron (B) deficiency, B deficiency may affect the supercooling ability of buds in winter...
- Benzocarbazole anions intercalated layered double hydroxide and its tunable fluorescenceDongpeng Yan
State Key Laboratory of Chemical Resource Engineering, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing 100029, PR China
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:15085-92. 2010..of the composites were characterized by X-ray diffraction, elemental analysis, thermogravimetry and differential thermal analysis (TG-DTA), infrared spectra (FT-IR), UV-vis absorption and fluorescence spectroscopy...
- Crystal structures and topological aspects of the high-temperature phases and decomposition products of the alkali-metal oxalates M2[C2O4] (M=K, Rb, Cs)Robert E Dinnebier
Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research, Heisenbergstrasse 1, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
Chemistry 11:1119-29. 2005..fast, angle-dispersive X-ray powder diffraction with an image-plate detector, and also by simultaneous differential thermal analysis (DTA)/thermogravimetric analysis (TGA)/mass spectrometry (MS) and differential scanning calorimetry (..
- Novel three-dimensional pillared-layer Ln(III)-Cu(I) coordination polymers featuring spindle-shaped heterometallic building unitsQi Bing Bo
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, University of Jinan, Jinan 250022, China
Inorg Chem 49:561-71. 2010..and structurally characterized by elemental analysis, FT-IR spectroscopy, thermogravimetry-differential thermal analysis (TG-DTA), single-crystal X-ray diffraction, X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD), and nitrogen adsorption/..
- Selective dehydration of bio-ethanol to ethylene catalyzed by lanthanum-phosphorous-modified HZSM-5: influence of the fuselYaochi Hu
College of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Engineering, Nanjing University of Technology, Nanjing, China
Biotechnol J 5:1186-91. 2010..NH(3)-TPD), nitrogen adsorption and thermogravimetry (TG)/differential thermogravimetry (DTG)/differential thermal analysis (DTA) (TG/DTG/DTA) techniques...
- Syntheses, crystal structures and antimicrobial activities of monomeric 8-coordinate, and dimeric and monomeric 7-coordinate bismuth(III) complexes with tridentate and pentadentate thiosemicarbazones and pentadentate semicarbazone ligandsKenji Nomiya
Department of Materials Science, Faculty of Science, Kanagawa University, Hiratsuka, Kanagawa 259 1293, Japan
J Inorg Biochem 98:601-15. 2004..nitrate or bismuth(III) chloride and characterized by elemental analysis, thermogravimetric and differential thermal analysis (TG/DTA), FTIR and NMR (1H and 13C) spectroscopy...
- [Study on thermogravimetric characteristics of simulated medical waste by using TG-DTA-FTIR analysis]Yu Ru Wang
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 28:1637-43. 2007..in the atmosphere of nitrogen and air at different heating rates by thermogravimetric analysis and differential thermal analysis (TG-DTA), and the influence on the thermogravimetric behavior of simulated medical waste by the ..
- Water and lipid relations in beech (Fagus sylvatica L.) seeds and its effect on storage behaviourS Pukacka
Institute of Dendrology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Parkowa 5, PL 62 035, Kornik, Poland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1621:48-56. 2003..b>Differential thermal analysis (DTA) indicated water crystallization exotherms in the embryo axes at moisture content (MC) higher ..
- Phase evolution, texture behavior, and surface chemistry of hydrothermally derived scandium (hydrous) oxide nanostructuresYa Wen Zhang
State Key Lab of Rare Earth Materials Chemistry and Applications and PKU HKU Joint Lab on Rare Earth Materials and Bioinorganic Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
J Phys Chem B 109:18324-31. 2005..X-ray diffraction (XRD), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), N2 adsorption, thermogravimetry and differential thermal analysis (TG-DTA), infrared and Raman spectroscopy, and pyridine adsorption...
- Supercooling of aqueous dimethylsulfoxide solution at normal and high pressures: Evidence for the coexistence of phase-separated aqueous dimethylsulfoxide solutions of different water structuresH Kanno
Department of Applied Chemistry, National Defense Academy, Yokosuka, Kanagawa 239 8686, Japan
J Chem Phys 132:194503. 2010..Analysis of the DTA (differential thermal analysis) traces for homogeneous ice crystallization in the bottom region of the T(H) curve for a DMSO solution ..
- Low-magnesium uranium-calcite with high degree of crystallinity and gigantic luminescence emissionFrancisco Jose Valle-Fuentes
Instituto de CerAmica y Vidrio, CSIC, Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Appl Radiat Isot 65:147-54. 2007..cathodo-luminescence spectroscopy in scanning electron microscopy (CL-SEM), thermoluminescence (TL), differential thermal analysis (DTA), X-ray fluorescence spectrometry (XRF) and particle size distribution (PSD)...
- Effect of niobium content on the microstructure and thermal properties of fluorapatite glass-ceramicsI L Denry
Section of Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43218, USA
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 75:18-24. 2005..The crystallization behavior was evaluated by differential thermal analysis. The nature of the crystalline phases was investigated by X-ray diffraction...
- Chitin-incorporated poly(ethylene oxide)-based nanocomposite electrolytes for lithium batteriesA Manuel Stephan
Electrochemical Power Systems and Electro Organic Divisions, Central Electrochemical Research Institute, Karaikudi 630 006, India
J Phys Chem B 113:1963-71. 2009..The membranes were subjected to scanning electron microscopy, thermogravimetric-differential thermal analysis, differential scanning calorimetry, ionic conductivity, and Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) ..
- Mesoporous zirconium phosphate from yeast biotemplateXiuying Tian
Shandong Key Laboratory of Glass and Ceramic, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shandong Institute of Light Industry, Jinan 250353, People s Republic of China
J Colloid Interface Sci 343:344-9. 2010..energy-dispersive X-ray analysis (EDX), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), thermogravimetry/differential thermal analysis (TG/DTA), fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), and N(2) adsorption-desorption isotherms...
- Transformation of lactulose trihydrate into anhydrous lactulose by fluidized bed drying and its characterizationTeruhiko Mizota
Food Research and Development Laboratory, Morinaga Milk Industry Co, Ltd, 5 1 83 Higasihara, Zama, Kanagawa 228 8583, Japan
Carbohydr Res 339:1069-75. 2004..a high degree of crystallization, stability under humid conditions, and by X-ray powder diffraction, differential thermal analysis, and differential thermogravimetry...
- Implications of SPION and NBT nanoparticles upon in-vitro and in-situ biodegradation of LDPE filmAnil Kapri
Department of Microbiology, G B Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand 263145, India
J Microbiol Biotechnol 20:1032-41. 2010..Further, simultaneous thermogravimetric-differential thermogravimetry-differential thermal analysis (TG-DTG-DTA) reported multiple-step decomposition of LDPE degraded in the presence of nanoparticles...
- An evaluation of stability by thermogravimetric analysis of digestate obtained from different biowastesX Gomez
Chemical Engineering Department, University of Leon, IRENA ESTIA, Avda de Portugal 41, Leon 24071, Spain
J Hazard Mater 149:97-105. 2007..The evolution of the differential thermal analysis (DTA) signal recorded simultaneously showed considerable similarity to the mass/charge (m/z) signal 44 ..
- Studies on the decomposition chemistry of triaminoguanidine azide and guanidine nitrateR S Damse
High Energy Materials Research Laboratory, Sutarwadi, Pune 411021, India
J Hazard Mater 172:1383-7. 2009..Thermal analysis has been carried out using thermogravimetry, differential thermal analysis and differential scanning calorimetry. The hyphenated techniques, viz...
- Intercalation of anionic organic ultraviolet ray absorbers into layered zinc hydroxide nitrateAna Cristina Trindade Cursino
CEPESQ Research Centre of Applied Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, , P O Box 19081, 81531 980 Curitiba, PR, Brazil
J Colloid Interface Sci 347:49-55. 2010..FTIR), ultraviolet visible (UV-Vis) spectroscopy, and thermal analysis (thermogravimetry, TGA, and differential thermal analysis, DTA)...
- Comparison of surface properties between kaolin and metakaolin in concentrated lime solutionsK L Konan
ENSCI GEMH, , , 47 73 avenue Albert Thomas, 87065 Limoges Cedex, France LCMI, , UFR SSMT, , 22 BP 582 Abidjan 22, , France
J Colloid Interface Sci 339:103-9. 2009..The nature of the hydration products has been investigated using X-ray diffraction (XRD) and differential thermal analysis (DTA)...
- Synthesis of alkali metal indium thiophosphates containing the discrete anions [In(PS4)(PS5)2]6- and [In(PS4)2(PS5)]6-Alexander Rothenberger
Department of Chemistry, Northwestern University, 2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Inorg Chem 49:5598-602. 2010..2) was characterized by (31)P magic angle spinning NMR, Raman spectroscopy, UV-vis solid-state absorption spectroscopy, thermogravimetric analysis, differential thermal analysis, and energy dispersive X-ray analysis.
- Pyrolysis of EVA and its application in recycling of photovoltaic modulesDe Wen Zeng
Institut für Energieverfahrungstechnik und Chemieingenieurwesen, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, 09599 Freiberg, Germany
J Environ Sci (China) 16:889-93. 2004..which is often used as a lamination agent in solar modules, was investigated in thermogravimetry, differential thermal analysis(DTA) and thermovolumetry...
- Solvo-hydrothermal approach for the shape-selective synthesis of vanadium oxide nanocrystals and their characterizationThanh Dinh Nguyen
Department of Chemical Engineering, Laval University, Quebec G1K 7P4, Canada
Langmuir 25:5322-32. 2009..spectra (XPS), Fourier transform infrared absorption spectroscopy (FTIR), thermogravimetric differential thermal analysis (TGA-DTA), and nitrogen adsorption/desorption (BET)...
- The recycling of the coal fly ash in glass productionMelek Mumine Erol
Department of Chemical Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 41:1921-9. 2006..The properties of glasses produced from coal fly ash were investigated by means of Differential Thermal Analysis (DTA), X-ray Diffraction (XRD) and Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) techniques...
- Synthesis, characterization and thermal properties of chitin-g-poly(epsilon-caprolactone) copolymers by using chitin gelR Jayakumar
Faculty of Chemistry, Materials and Bioengineerinig, Kansai University, Suita, Osaka 564 8680, Japan
Int J Biol Macromol 43:32-6. 2008..The prepared copolymer were characterized by FT-IR, (13)C NMR, thermogravimetric analysis (TGA), differential thermal analysis (DTA), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), solubility and X-ray diffraction (XRD)...
- Physicochemistry of the Interaction between Inulin and Alkyltrimethylammonium Bromides in Aqueous Medium and the Formed CoacervatesAbhijit Dan
Center for Surface Science, Department of Chemistry, Jadavpur University, Kolkata 700032, India
J Phys Chem B 113:8505-13. 2009..electron microscopy (TEM), atomic force microscopy (AFM), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), thermogravimetry (TG), and differential thermal analysis (DTA) to ascertain their morphology, structure, and thermal stability.
- Characterization and preliminary assessment of a sorbent produced by accelerated mineral carbonationOlga L Shtepenko
Centre for Contaminated Land Remediation, University of Greenwich at Medway, Chatham Maritime ME4 4TB, UK
Environ Sci Technol 39:345-54. 2005..were investigated using X-ray diffraction (XRD), scanning electron microscopy, thermal gravimetric and differential thermal analysis, nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, and nitrogen gas adsorption techniques...
- Eu-doped titania nanofibers: processing, thermal behaviour and luminescent propertiesAlessandra Bianco
University of Rome Tor Vergata, Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Chimiche, INSTM UdR, Roma Tor Vergata, Via della Ricerca Scientifica, 00133 Rome, Italy
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 10:5183-90. 2010..by means of scanning electron microscopy (SEM), thermal behaviour followed by thermogravimetric and differential thermal analysis (TG-DTA)...
- Preparation and evaluation of biodegradable films containing the potent osteogenic compound BFB0261 for localized deliveryNobuo Umeki
Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, 52 1 Yada, Suruga ku, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Int J Pharm 404:10-8. 2011..Powder X-ray diffractometry (PXRD), differential thermal analysis (DTA), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), and tensile testing were performed to examine the ..
- Preparation of hemicellulosic derivatives with bifunctional groups in different mediaJun Li Ren
South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, China
J Agric Food Chem 56:11209-16. 2008..The behavior of hemicellulosic derivatives was monitored by means of thermogravimetry (TG) and differential thermal analysis (TGA)...
- Thermal stability investigation and the kinetic study of Folnak degradation process under nonisothermal conditionsBojan Jankovi
Department for Dynamics and Matter Structure, Faculty of Physical Chemistry, University of Belgrade, Studentski trg 12 16, P O Box 137, 11001 Belgrade, Serbia
AAPS PharmSciTech 11:103-12. 2010..degradation process of Folnak drug samples was investigated by simultaneous thermogravimetric and differential thermal analysis in the temperature range from an ambient one up to 810 degrees C...
- Characterisation and use of biomass fly ash in cement-based materialsRejini Rajamma
Departamento de Engenharia Civil CICECO, Universidade de Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
J Hazard Mater 172:1049-60. 2009..such as X-ray diffraction (XRD), X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy (XRF), thermal gravimetric and differential thermal analysis (TG/DTA), X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and environmental ..
- Activated carbon from peach stones using phosphoric acid activation at medium temperaturesDong Su Kim
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 39:1301-18. 2004..Thermogravimetry/differential thermal analysis was conducted to characterize the thermal behavior of peach stone and titration method was used to ..
- Spectroscopic characterization of alkali modified zinc-tellurite glasses doped with neodymiumR Rajeswari
Department of Physics, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati 517 502, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 77:135-40. 2010..b>Differential thermal analysis revealed reasonably good forming tendency of the glass composition...
- Molecular weight dependence of the thermal degradation of poly(epsilon-caprolactone): a thermogravimetric differential thermal Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy studyMiriam Unger
Department of Physical Chemistry, University of Duisburg Essen, Campus Essen, Schuetzenbahn 70, D 45117 Essen, Germany
Appl Spectrosc 64:805-9. 2010..of poly(epsilon-caprolactone) (PCL) was investigated by thermogravimetric analysis in combination with differential thermal analysis and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (TGA/DTA/FT-IR)...
- A preformulation study of a new medicine for Chagas disease treatment: physicochemical characterization, thermal stability, and compatibility of benznidazoleJosé Lamartine Soares-Sobrinho
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Federal University of Pernambuco, Arthur de Sá, S N, 50740 521, Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
AAPS PharmSciTech 11:1391-6. 2010..stability, and compatibility of benznidazole (BNZ) drug by spectroscopy (NMR, IR), thermoanalytical (differential thermal analysis, differential scanning calorimetry, and thermogravimetry), and chromatographic (HPLC) techniques, ..
- Fracture toughness and work of fracture of hydrated, dehydrated, and ashed bovine boneJiahau Yan
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Biomech 41:1929-36. 2008..Thermal gravimetric analysis and differential thermal analysis were used to determine the temperature at which the organics and water were removed...
- Formation of apatitic calcium phosphates in a Na-K-phosphate solution of pH 7.4A C Tas
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634, USA
J Mater Sci Mater Med 16:167-74. 2005..performed by using scanning electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy, inductively-coupled plasma atomic emission spectroscopy, and simultaneous thermogravimetry and differential thermal analysis.
- Structural analysis and thermal behavior of diopside-fluorapatite-wollastonite-based glasses and glass-ceramicsIshu Kansal
Department of Ceramics and Glass Engineering, University of Aveiro, CICECO, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Acta Biomater 6:4380-8. 2010..Sintering and crystallization behavior of the glass powders were studied by hot-stage microscopy and differential thermal analysis, respectively...
- The influence of crystallised Fe3O4 on the magnetic properties of coprecipitation-derived ferrimagnetic glass-ceramicsO Bretcanu
Materials Science and Chemical Engineering Department, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
Acta Biomater 1:421-9. 2005..Glass transition temperature and thermal stability were investigated by differential thermal analysis. Magnetic hysteresis cycles were analysed using a vibrating sample magnetometer with a maximum applied ..
- Exploring fiber optic approach to sense humid environment over nano-crystalline zinc oxide filmS K Shukla
Department of Polymer Science, Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences, University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
Talanta 80:565-71. 2009..with Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), X-ray diffractometry (XRD), thermogravimetric-differential thermal analysis (TG-DTA) and scanning electron microscopy (SEM)...
- Micro-differential thermal analysis detection of adsorbed explosive molecules using microfabricated bridgesLarry R Senesac
Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831, USADepartment of Physics, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996, USAMIC, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby DK 2800, Denmark
Rev Sci Instrum 80:035102. 2009..We demonstrate that this micro-differential thermal analysis technique can selectively detect explosives, providing a method for fast direct detection with a limit ..
- High Toughness Textured Ceramics for Biomedical UseIsabelle Denry; Fiscal Year: 2007..Potential applications include dental restorations, dental implant superstructures, and bone replacement implants. ..
- Infusing Science and Research into the Dental School Curriculum at OHSURONALD SAKAGUCHI; Fiscal Year: 2007..They will raise the practice of dentistry to new levels of excellence. ..
- HIGH TOUGHNESS TEXTURED DENTAL GLASS CERAMICSIsabelle Denry; Fiscal Year: 2002..The thermal properties will be analyzed by differential thermal analysis and dilatometry. The biaxial flexural strength and fracture toughness will also be investigated...
- REDUCTION OF COMPOSITE POLYMERIZATION CONTRACTION STRESSRONALD SAKAGUCHI; Fiscal Year: 2002..Clinically significant reductions in contraction strain and stress will be produced which will improve the function and longevity of resin composite restorations. ..
- Ceramic scaffolds with engineered topography and chemistryISABELLE L DENRY; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF MATRIX PROTEINS IN TEETH AND BONESSTEPHEN WEINER; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Developing computerized tools for cryosurgery planningYoed Rabin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such visualization capabilities will provide surgeons with insights into the physics of cryosurgery that are difficult to obtain from physical experiments or surgical practice. ..
- Thermo mechanical stress in cryopreserved blood vesselsYoed Rabin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Although the experimental work in this study is targeted to blood vessels, the results of this study could be expanded and become useful for a wide variety of cryopreserved natural tissues and engineered constructs. ..
- Transdermal Codrugs for Treatment of AlcoholismAudra Stinchcomb; Fiscal Year: 2006..Correlation of the in vitro data with the in vivo model will aid in the creation of a reliable QSAR database that is necessary to help identify the best co-drugs for clinical use. ..
- NALTREXONE PRODRUGS FOR TRANSDERMAL DELIVERYAudra Stinchcomb; Fiscal Year: 2004..Correlation of our in vitro data with the in vivo models will aid in the creation of a reliable QSPR database, as well as help to identify the most promising prodrug for eventual human use. ..
- NALTREXONE PRODRUGS FOR TRANSDERMAL DELIVERYAudra L Stinchcomb; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Developing a Computerized Training Tool for CryosurgeryYoed Rabin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Development of this training tool is directed toward shortening the learning curve for cryosurgeons by performing virtual cryosurgery cases, and enabling reevaluation of past clinical cases. ..
- NALTREXONE PRODRUGS FOR TRANSDERMAL DELIVERYAudra Stinchcomb; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Combined Chemoprevention Using a Nanotechnology-based Therapeutic SystemSunil Prabhu; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- NALTREXONE PRODRUGS FOR TRANSDERMAL DELIVERYAudra Stinchcomb; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF MATRIX PROTEINS IN TEETH AND BONESSTEPHEN WEINER; Fiscal Year: 1990..Knowledge of the molecular organization of bone should form the basis for understanding its formation, its role during calcium homeostasis, its destruction during remodeling and its biomechanical functions as a structural support system...
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF MATRIX PROTEINS IN TEETH AND BONESSTEPHEN WEINER; Fiscal Year: 1993..The structural information from normal bones will be compared with that from bones suffering pathology, in order to identify any significant differences, and hopefully relate these to the manner in which the tissue malfunctions...
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF MATRIX PROTEINS IN TEETH AND BONESSTEPHEN WEINER; Fiscal Year: 1999..Detailed maps of microhardness, as well as local strain values using Moire fringes, will be produced and then related back to tooth structure. ..
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF MATRIX PROTEINS IN TEETH AND BONESSTEPHEN WEINER; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results will improve understanding of the aging process of human osteonal bone, and will allow better evaluation of possible effects that treatments for osteoporosis may have on mechanical function of bone. ..