Genomes and Genes
Summary: A chromatographic technique that utilizes the ability of biological molecules to bind to certain ligands specifically and reversibly. It is used in protein biochemistry. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
Publications324 found, 100 shown here
- Structural analysis and classification of native proteins from E. coli commonly co-purified by immobilised metal affinity chromatographyVictor Martin Bolanos-Garcia
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, England
Biochim Biophys Acta 1760:1304-13. 2006Immobilised metal affinity chromatography (IMAC) is the most widely used technique for single-step purification of recombinant proteins...
- Identification of putative serum glycoprotein biomarkers for human lung adenocarcinoma by multilectin affinity chromatography and LC-MS/MSSun Hee Heo
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
Proteomics 7:4292-302. 2007..from the sera of three healthy individuals and three lung adenocarcinoma patients using multilectin affinity chromatography. The recovered glycoproteins were subjected to treatment with peptide-N-glycosidase F (PNGase F) and in-..
- A physical and functional map of the human TNF-alpha/NF-kappa B signal transduction pathwayTewis Bouwmeester
Cellzome AG, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 6:97-105. 2004..This systems approach provides significant insight into the logic of the TNF-alpha/NF-kappa B pathway and is generally applicable to other pathways relevant to human disease...
- Molecular identification of a novel candidate sorting receptor purified from human brain by receptor-associated protein affinity chromatographyC M Petersen
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Aarhus, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Biol Chem 272:3599-605. 1997..95-kDa membrane glycoprotein, designated gp95/sortilin, was purified from human brain extracts by RAP affinity chromatography and cloned in a human cDNA library...
- Oligosaccharide specificity of galectins: a search by frontal affinity chromatographyJun Hirabayashi
Department of Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Teikyo University, Sagamiko, Kanagawa 199 0195, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1572:232-54. 2002..For this purpose, we recently reinforced a conventional system for frontal affinity chromatography (FAC) [J. Chromatogr., B, Biomed. Sci. Appl. 771 (2002) 67-87]...
- An alternative tandem affinity purification strategy applied to Arabidopsis protein complex isolationVicente Rubio
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8104, USA
Plant J 41:767-78. 2005..Taken together, the data demonstrate the suitability of the TAPa system to allow efficient multi-protein complex isolation from stably transformed Arabidopsis...
- Quantitative interaction proteomics using mass spectrometryAlexander Wepf
Institute of Molecular Systems Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zurich, Wolfgang Pauli Strasse 16, Zurich, Switzerland
Nat Methods 6:203-5. 2009..We used this method to quantitatively analyze interaction stoichiometries in the human protein phosphatase 2A network...
- Isolation and identification of the third subunit of mammalian DNA polymerase delta by PCNA-affinity chromatography of mouse FM3A cell extractsP Hughes
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS, UPR9044, Institut de Recherches sur le Cancer, 7 rue Guy Moquet BP 8, 94801 Villejuif, France
Nucleic Acids Res 27:2108-14. 1999..We discuss the implications of our findings within the current framework of our understanding of DNA replication...
- Immobilized metal affinity chromatography revisited: pH/acid control toward high selectivity in phosphoproteomicsChia Feng Tsai
Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Proteome Res 7:4058-69. 2008..Furthermore, the simple and reproducible IMAC protocol can be adapted to other solid supports, fully automated or manual, for large-scale identification of the vastly under-explored phosphoproteome...
- Synergistic activation of transcription by CBP and p53W Gu
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York 10021, USA
Nature 387:819-23. 1997....
- Purification of Shiga toxin and Shiga-like toxins I and II by receptor analog affinity chromatography with immobilized P1 glycoprotein and production of cross-reactive monoclonal antibodiesA Donohue Rolfe
Department of Medicine, New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
Infect Immun 57:3888-93. 1989Shiga toxin from Shigella dysenteriae 60R was purified to homogeneity by a novel one-step receptor analog affinity chromatography method...
- Mapping multiprotein complexes by affinity purification and mass spectrometryMark O Collins
Proteomic Mass Spectrometry, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
Curr Opin Biotechnol 19:324-30. 2008..Concomitant developments in MS, including high accuracy and high-throughput instrumentation together with quantitative MS methods, have facilitated large-scale and comprehensive analysis of multiprotein complexes...
- Specific phosphopeptide enrichment with immobilized titanium ion affinity chromatography adsorbent for phosphoproteome analysisHoujiang Zhou
National Chromatographic R and A Center, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116023, China
J Proteome Res 7:3957-67. 2008..Here, we presented a new method termed as immobilized titanium ion affinity chromatography (Ti (4+)-IMAC) for enriching phosphopeptides...
- Efficient enrichment of intact phosphorylated proteins by modified immobilized metal-affinity chromatographyAnna Dubrovska
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, Uppsala University, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
Proteomics 5:4678-83. 2005..Here we describe an immobilized metal-affinity chromatography (IMAC)-based technique for the enrichment of phosphorylated proteins, which allows recovery of up to 90% ..
- Enrichment and analysis of phosphopeptides under different experimental conditions using titanium dioxide affinity chromatography and mass spectrometryUma K Aryal
National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute, 110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7N 0W9
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 24:219-31. 2010Titanium dioxide metal oxide affinity chromatography (TiO(2)-MOAC) is widely regarded as being more selective than immobilized metal-ion affinity chromatography (IMAC) for phosphopeptide enrichment...
- Multi-component immunoaffinity subtraction chromatography: an innovative step towards a comprehensive survey of the human plasma proteomeRembert Pieper
Large Scale Biology Corporation, Germantown, Maryland, USA
Proteomics 3:422-32. 2003..This facilitates automated chromatographic processing of plasma samples in high throughput, which is desirable in proteomic disease marker discovery projects...
- Online immobilized metal affinity chromatography/mass spectrometric analysis of changes elicited by cCMP in the murine brain phosphoproteomeS Ding
Department of Environmental and Molecular Biosciences, Swansea University, SOTEAS, Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, UK
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 22:4129-38. 2008An automated online immobilized metal affinity chromatography/high-performance liquid chromatography mass spectrometric (IMAC-HPLC/MS/MS) method was developed to study cytidine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate (cCMP)-specific protein ..
- Displacement affinity chromatography of protein phosphatase one (PP1) complexesGreg B G Moorhead
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, 2500 University Dr, NW Calgary, AB T2N 1N4, Canada
BMC Biochem 9:28. 2008..PP1 is localized to its site of action by interacting with targeting or regulatory proteins, a majority of which contains a primary docking site referred to as the RVXF/W motif...
- Systematic comparison of oligosaccharide specificity of Ricinus communis agglutinin I and Erythrina lectins: a search by frontal affinity chromatographyYoko Itakura
Lectin Application and Analysis Team, Research Center for Medical Glycoscience, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba Central 2, 1 1 1, Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8568
J Biochem 142:459-69. 2007..For this purpose, we examined by means of frontal affinity chromatography over 100 lectins which have similar sugar-binding specificities to that of RCA120...
- Analysis of desiccation-induced candidate phosphoproteins from Craterostigma plantagineum isolated with a modified metal oxide affinity chromatography procedureHorst Rohrig
Institute of Molecular Physiology and Biotechnology of Plants, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Proteomics 8:3548-60. 2008..Possible functions of selected proteins are discussed in the context of the de-/rehydration cycle...
- Purification of human haptoglobin 1-1, 2-1, and 2-2 using monoclonal antibody affinity chromatographyChi Feng Tseng
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Research Institute of Biochemical Engineering, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC
Protein Expr Purif 33:265-73. 2004..Circular dichroic spectra showed that the alpha-helical content of Hp 1-1 (29%) was higher than that of Hp 2-1 (22%), and 2-2 (21%). The structural difference with respect to its clinical relevance is discussed...
- 85-kDa protein of Trypanosoma cruzi purified by affinity chromatography used in the multiple antigen binding assay (MABA) for the diagnosis of T. cruzi infection in a Venezuelan rural communityMariolga Berrizbeitia
Postgrado en Biología Aplicada, Nucleo de Sucre, Universidad de Oriente, Cumana, Venezuela
Parasitol Res 106:1127-34. 2010..cruzi infection in this region of Venezuela...
- Screening of protein-ligand interactions using dynamic protein-affinity chromatography solid-phase extraction-liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryNiels Jonker
VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Chemistry, Biomolecular Analysis Group, De Boelelaan 1083, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 1205:71-7. 2008..The system presented, dynamic protein-affinity chromatography solid-phase extraction (DPAC-SPE), overcomes the limitations of the existing methods by performing an ..
- Immunopurification of polyribosomal complexes of Arabidopsis for global analysis of gene expressionMaria Eugenia Zanetti
Department of Botany and Plant Science, Center for Plant Cell Biology, University of California, Riverside, California 92521 0124, USA
Plant Physiol 138:624-35. 2005..This technology can be extended to evaluation of mRNA populations at the cell- or tissue-specific level by regulation of the tagged RP with distinct promoters...
- Monoacetylcurcumin: a new inhibitor of eukaryotic DNA polymerase lambda and a new ligand for inhibitor-affinity chromatographyYoshiyuki Mizushina
Laboratory of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Department of Nutritional Science, Kobe Gakuin University, Nishi ku, Kobe, Hyogo 651 2180, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:1288-95. 2005..We then made a monoacetylcurcumin-conjugated column with epoxy-activated Sepharose 6B. In the column, pol lambda of full length was selectively adsorbed and eluted...
- Affinity chromatography: general methodsMarjeta Urh
Promega Corporation, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Methods Enzymol 463:417-38. 2009b>Affinity chromatography is one of the most diverse and powerful chromatographic methods for purification of a specific molecule or a group of molecules from complex mixtures...
- Analysis of glycopeptides using lectin affinity chromatography with MALDI-TOF mass spectrometryKazutosi Kubota
Research Team for Functional Genomics and Research Team for Molecular Biomarkers, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Foundation for Research on Aging and Promotion of Human Welfare, 35 2 Sakae cho, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 0015, Japan
Anal Chem 80:3693-8. 2008..Taken together, the combination of lectin column chromatography, MALDI-TOF MS, and MALDI-QIT-TOF MS ( n ) provides an easy way for the structural estimation of glycans and the rapid analysis of glycoproteomics...
- Single-step Strep-tag purification for the isolation and identification of protein complexes from mammalian cellsMelissa R Junttila
Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku and Abo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
Proteomics 5:1199-203. 2005..By using the Strep-tag affinity chromatography method, enabling fast and simple one-step purification, coupled with competitive elution under ..
- Enrichment of phosphorylated proteins and peptides from complex mixtures using metal oxide/hydroxide affinity chromatography (MOAC)Florian Wolschin
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam, Germany
Proteomics 5:4389-97. 2005A novel method termed metal oxide affinity chromatography (MOAC) of enriching for phosphorylated proteins and peptides based on the affinity of the phosphate group for Al(OH)(3) is presented here...
- Retention and separation of adenosine and analogues by affinity chromatography with an aptamer stationary phaseQ Deng
Department of Chemistry, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611, USA
Anal Chem 73:5415-21. 2001..The aptamer medium was packed into fused-silica capillaries (50-150-microm i.d.) to form affinity chromatography columns...
- Current strategies for the use of affinity tags and tag removal for the purification of recombinant proteinsJose Arnau
Unizyme Laboratories A S, Dr Neergaards vej 17, DK 2970 Hørsholm, Denmark
Protein Expr Purif 48:1-13. 2006..A comparison of the yield of standard vs. affinity purification together with an example of tag removal using TAGZyme is also included...
- O-linked N-acetylglucosamine proteomics of postsynaptic density preparations using lectin weak affinity chromatography and mass spectrometryKeith Vosseller
Mass Spectrometry Facility, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:923-34. 2006..for direct enrichment and identification of in vivo O-GlcNAc-modified peptides through lectin weak affinity chromatography (LWAC) and mass spectrometry...
- Cell-free translation reconstituted with purified componentsY Shimizu
Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Bldg FSB401, Kasiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba Prefecture 277-8562, Japan
Nat Biotechnol 19:751-5. 2001..The protein products were easily purified within 1 h using affinity chromatography to remove the tagged protein factors...
- Robust phosphoproteomic profiling of tyrosine phosphorylation sites from human T cells using immobilized metal affinity chromatography and tandem mass spectrometryLaurence M Brill
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation, 10675 John Jay Hopkins Drive, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Anal Chem 76:2763-72. 2004..2003, 100, 443-448). The technology platform included the use of immunoprecipitation, immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC), liquid chromatography, and tandem mass spectrometry...
- Combination of abundant protein depletion and multi-lectin affinity chromatography (M-LAC) for plasma protein biomarker discoveryTatiana Plavina
Biogen Idec Inc, Boston, MA 02142, USA
J Proteome Res 6:662-71. 2007..The method consists of depletion of albumin and IgG and multi-lectin affinity chromatography (M-LAC), followed by nanoLC-MS/MS analysis of digested proteins and label-free comparative quantitation ..
- Glycoproteomic analysis of embryonic stem cells: identification of potential glycobiomarkers using lectin affinity chromatography of glycopeptidesGerardo Alvarez-Manilla
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
J Proteome Res 9:2062-75. 2010..are part of a very complex proteome, has involved the use of fractionation techniques such as lectin affinity chromatography. In this study, the glycoproteomic characterization of pluripotent murine embryonic stem cells (ES) and ..
- Approaches to the study of N-linked glycoproteins in human plasma using lectin affinity chromatography and nano-HPLC coupled to electrospray linear ion trap--Fourier transform mass spectrometryYonghui Wang
Barnett Institute, Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Glycobiology 16:514-23. 2006In this publication, we will describe the combination of lectin affinity chromatography with nano high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) coupled to a linear ion trap Fourier transform mass spectrometer (capillary LC-LTQ/FTMS) to ..
- A novel method to quantify sphingosine 1-phosphate by immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC)Yong Moon Lee
Center for Vascular Biology, Department of Cell Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 3505, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 84:154-62. 2007..to selectively enrich S1P and dihydro-S1P from biological samples by the Fe(3+) gel immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC)...
- Identification of dengue virus binding proteins using affinity chromatographySupranee Upanan
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Mahidol University, Salaya Campus, 25 25 Phuttamonthol Sai 4, Salaya, Nakorn Pathom 73170, Thailand
J Virol Methods 151:325-8. 2008..This result is consistent with earlier work and shows that while affinity chromatography may provide a useful adjunct to VOPBA based studies particularly in cases where proteins maybe sensitive ..
- Lectin affinity chromatography as a tool to differentiate endogenous and recombinant erythropoietinsL Franco Fraguas
Catedra de Bioquimica, Departamento de Biociencias, Facultad de Quimica, CC 1157, Montevideo, Uruguay
J Chromatogr A 1212:82-8. 2008This work exploits the combination of the lectin affinity chromatography (LAC) with an ultra-sensitive immunochromatographic assay to differentiate several types of erythropoietin (EPO)...
- RNA affinity for molecular L-histidine; genetic code originsIrene Majerfeld
Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0347, USA
J Mol Evol 61:226-35. 2005..This site is probably the simplest structure that can meet our histidine affinity selection, which strengthens experimental support for a "stereochemical" origin of the genetic code...
- Glutamine synthetase, hemoglobin alpha-chain, and macrophage migration inhibitory factor binding to amyloid beta-protein: their identification in rat brain by a novel affinity chromatography and in Alzheimer's disease brain by immunoprecipitationR Oyama
Department of Neuropathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1479:91-102. 2000..Our results suggest that these binding proteins also associate with Abeta, leading to the clearance or the accumulation of Abeta and the neuronal cell damage in human brain...
- A novel tandem affinity purification strategy for the efficient isolation and characterisation of native protein complexesChristian Johannes Gloeckner
Institute of Human Genetics, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Proteomics 7:4228-34. 2007....
- High-throughput protein purification using an automated set-up for high-yield affinity chromatographyJohanna Steen
School of Biotechnology, Division of Molecular Biotechnology, AlbaNova University Center, KTH, Royal Institute of Technology, Roslagsvägen 30 B, 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Protein Expr Purif 46:173-8. 2006..5h. The method is based on affinity chromatography and has been set up on an instrument that utilizes positive pressure for liquid transfer through columns...
- Purification and characterization of three toxins and two agglutinins from Abrus precatorius seed by using lactamyl-Sepharose affinity chromatographyR Hegde
Department of Biochemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Anal Biochem 194:101-9. 1991..two agglutinins, APA-I and -II, were purified from the seeds of Abrus precatorius by lactamyl-Sepharose affinity chromatography followed by gel filtration and DEAE-Sephacel column chromatography...
- SATB1 targets chromatin remodelling to regulate genes over long distancesDag Yasui
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Nature 419:641-5. 2002..SATB1 defines a class of transcriptional regulators that function as a 'landing platform' for several chromatin remodelling enzymes and hence regulate large chromatin domains...
- Rapid enrichment and analysis of yeast phosphoproteins using affinity chromatography, 2D-PAGE and peptide mass fingerprintingVasso Makrantoni
Centre for Biomolecular Science, University of St Andrews, The North Haugh, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9ST, UK
Yeast 22:401-14. 2005..Further validating the method, growth of yeast in the presence of sorbic acid resulted in altered phosphorylation of 17 proteins, 13 of which had prior published evidence that they were phosphoproteins or had ATP binding activity...
- Purification of prostate-specific membrane antigen using conformational epitope-specific antibody-affinity chromatographyTiancheng Liu
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, San Francisco State University, 1600 Holloway Ave, San Francisco, CA 94132, USA
Protein Expr Purif 49:251-5. 2006..optimized the purification of native PSMA from LNCaP cells using conformational epitope-specific antibody-affinity chromatography. Western blot analysis and an HPLC-based enzymatic activity assay were used to compare the yield and ..
- Optimization of phosphopeptide elution conditions in immobilized Fe(III) affinity chromatographySusumu Y Imanishi
Turku Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku and Abo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
Proteomics 7:174-6. 2007While immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC) has been widely used for affinity purification of phosphopeptides, the technique suffers from insufficient specificity...
- Affinity chromatography in dynamic combinatorial libraries: one-pot amplification and isolation of a strongly binding receptorPol Besenius
WestCHEM, Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, University of Strathclyde, 295 Cathedral Street, Glasgow, UK G1 1XL
Org Biomol Chem 8:2414-8. 2010....
- Peptide affinity chromatography media that bind N(pro) fusion proteins under chaotropic conditionsRainer Hahn
Department of Biotechnology, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences Vienna, Muthgasse 18, 1190 Vienna, Austria
J Chromatogr A 1217:6203-13. 2010..Binding capacities were in the range of 7-15 mg protein mL(-1) of medium, as could be shown for several EDDIE fusion proteins. An efficient protocol for autoproteolytic cleavage using an on-column refolding method was implemented...
- Identification and purification of resveratrol targeting proteins using immobilized resveratrol affinity chromatographyZhirong Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 323:743-9. 2004..These results provide evidence for the existence of distinctive RTPs in mammalian cells and that RAC is a facile approach to identify and purify RTPs...
- Lectin affinity chromatographyIris West
North East Surrey College of Technology, Ewell, Surrey, UK
Methods Mol Biol 244:159-66. 2004
- Carbohydrate affinity chromatography indicates that arylsulfatase-A from capacitated boar sperm has mannose and N-acetylglucosamine/sialic acid residuesIrma Jiménez
Doctorado en Ciencias Biológicas, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana, Mexico
Arch Androl 52:455-62. 2006..AS-A), contains D-mannose, N-acetylglucosamine and/or sialic acid residues by its purification using affinity chromatography with Concanavalia ensiformis Agglutinin(Con-A) or Wheat Germ Agglutinin (WGA) as ligands...
- Proteomic analysis of human O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase by affinity chromatography and tandem mass spectrometrySuryakant K Niture
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:1176-84. 2005..Therefore, we isolated MGMT-interacting proteins from extracts of HT29 human colon cancer cells using affinity chromatography on MGMT-Sepharose...
- Antibody purification: affinity chromatography - protein A and protein G SepharoseAna Cristina Grodzki
Receptors and Signal Transduction Section, Oral Infection and Immunity Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Methods Mol Biol 588:33-41. 2010b>Affinity chromatography relies on the reversible interaction between a protein and a specific ligand immobilized in a chromatographic matrix...
- Improved performance of column chromatography by arginine: dye-affinity chromatographyTsutomu Arakawa
Alliance Protein Laboratories, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360, USA
Protein Expr Purif 52:410-4. 2007..The elution peak was much sharper with arginine, leading to elution of more concentrated protein solution. Successful elution of proteins bound to the ATP-agarose resins by arginine was also described...
- Identification and characterization of native proteins of Escherichia coli BL-21 that display affinity towards Immobilized Metal Affinity Chromatography and Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography MatricesNeha Tiwari
Ralph E Martin Department of Chemical Engineering, 3202 Bell Engineering, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
Protein Expr Purif 70:191-5. 2010..identify and characterize Escherichia coli proteins which display affinity towards both Immobilized Metal Affinity Chromatography (IMAC) and Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography (HIC)...
- Enrichment of phosphorylated proteins from cell lysate using a novel phosphate-affinity chromatography at physiological pHEmiko Kinoshita-Kikuta
Department of Functional Molecular Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Proteomics 6:5088-95. 2006..This method is based on immobilized metal affinity chromatography using a phosphate-binding tag molecule (i.e...
- Exploring enantiospecific ligand-protein interactions using cellular membrane affinity chromatography: chiral recognition as a dynamic processKrzysztof Jozwiak
Laboratory of Drug Receptor Interactions, Medical University of Lublin, 20 081 Lublin, Poland
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 875:200-7. 2008..With respect to the prevailing interaction-based models, the data suggest that chiral recognition is a dynamic process and that the static point-based models should be amended to reflect this...
- Open-tubular capillary cell affinity chromatography: single and tandem blood cell separationKelong Wang
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University, Box 41061, Lubbock, Texas 79409 1061, USA
Anal Chem 80:2118-24. 2008In this paper, an open-tubular capillary cell affinity chromatography (OT-CAC) method to enrich and separate target cells is described...
- Characterization of the human cerebrospinal fluid phosphoproteome by titanium dioxide affinity chromatography and mass spectrometryJustyna Maria Czarna Bahl
Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Autoimmunology, Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 5, DK 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
Anal Chem 80:6308-16. 2008..tryptic peptides derived from CSF proteins using a simple sample preparation step and titanium dioxide-affinity chromatography followed by MALDI-TOF or LC-MS/MS linear ion-trap-FT mass spectrometry...
- Membrane-based cell affinity chromatography to retrieve viable cellsE Mandrusov
Department of Chemical Engineering, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
Biotechnol Prog 11:208-13. 1995A novel scheme for the separation and live recovery of one cell type from a mixture of cells using a cell affinity chromatography (CAC) system is demonstrated...
- Using affinity chromatography to engineer and characterize pH-dependent protein switchesMartin Sagermann
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Interdepartmental Program in Biomolecular Science and Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106 9510, USA
Protein Sci 18:217-28. 2009..The methodology described here to create and characterize engineered allosteric proteins through affinity chromatography may lead to a general approach to engineer effector-specific allostery into a protein structure.
- Evaluation of a glucose sensing antibody using weak affinity chromatographyHenrik A Engström
School of Pure and Applied Natural Sciences, University of Kalmar, SE 391 82 Kalmar, Sweden
Biomed Chromatogr 22:272-7. 2008..to macroporous silica and the interaction with dextran-derived oligosaccharides was evaluated with weak affinity chromatography (WAC)...
- Two-step method to isolate target recombinant protein from co-purified bacterial contaminant SlyD after immobilised metal affinity chromatographyCéline B Parsy
OncImmune Limited, Clinical Sciences Building, Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road, and Tumor Immunology Group, University of Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 853:314-9. 2007..study to purify the internal domain of HER2 (ICD) from recombinant expression, through metal immobilised affinity chromatography (IMAC), we encountered a contaminant, SlyD, a 29 kDa native E. coli protein...
- Measurement of glycan-based interactions by frontal affinity chromatography and surface plasmon resonanceChihiro Sato
Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
Methods Enzymol 478:219-32. 2010..In this chapter, we focus on frontal affinity chromatography (FAC) and surface plasmon resonance (SPR) for examining polysialic acid-involved interactions with ..
- Direct MALDI-MS/MS of phosphopeptides affinity-bound to immobilized metal ion affinity chromatography beadsChristina S Raska
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599, USA
Anal Chem 74:3429-33. 2002Immobilized metal ion affinity chromatography (IMAC) is a useful method to selectively isolate and enrich phosphopeptides from a peptide mixture...
- Stereoselective binding of chiral ligands to single nucleotide polymorphisms of the human organic cation transporter-1 determined using cellular membrane affinity chromatographyR Moaddel
Gerontology Research Center, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Anal Biochem 401:148-53. 2010..artificial membrane (IAM) liquid chromatographic stationary phase to form two cellular membrane affinity chromatography (CMAC) columns, CMAC(hOCT1(G465R)) and CMAC(hOCT1(R488M))...
- Microbead-based affinity chromatography chip using RNA aptamer modified with photocleavable linkerSuhyung Cho
Interdisciplinary Program for Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Korea
Electrophoresis 25:3730-9. 2004A microbead-based affinity chromatography chip (micro-BACC) controlling hundreds of nanoliters of reaction volume was developed to separate and analyze hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA polymerase protein by immobilization of an RNA aptamer on ..
- Analysis of total N-glycans in cell membrane fractions of cancer cells using a combination of serotonin affinity chromatography and normal phase chromatographyRyosuke Naka
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kinki University, Kowakae 3 4 1, Higashi Osaka 577 8502, Japan
J Proteome Res 5:88-97. 2006..acid and separated based on the number of sialic acid residues attached to the oligosaccharides using affinity chromatography on a serotonin-immobilized stationary phase...
- Frontal affinity chromatography with MS detection of EphB2 tyrosine kinase receptor. 1. Comparison with conventional ELISAJacek J Slon-Usakiewicz
Protana, Inc, Lead Discovery and Optimization Division, 251 Attwell Drive, Toronto, Ontario M9W 7H4, Canada
J Med Chem 47:5094-100. 2004....
- Immobilized cobalt affinity chromatography provides a novel, efficient method for herpes simplex virus type 1 gene vector purificationCanping Jiang
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Virol 78:8994-9006. 2004..Here we describe a novel method that fulfills these criteria. An immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC) method was developed for the selective purification of vectors engineered to display a high-..
- Isolation of new pregnancy-associated glycoproteins from water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) placenta by Vicia villosa affinity chromatographyO Barbato
Department of Biopathological Veterinary Science, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Perugia 06126, Italy
Res Vet Sci 85:457-66. 2008..the water buffalo PAG (wbPAG) from these solutions are enriched by Vicia villosa agarose (VVA) affinity chromatography. As determined by western blotting with anti-PAG sera, the apparent molecular masses of the ..
- Nucleic acids in protein samples interfere with phosphopeptide identification by immobilized-metal-ion affinity chromatography and mass spectrometryYaojun Li
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 5 Dong Dan San Tiao, Beijing 100005, China
Mol Biotechnol 43:59-66. 2009Immobilized-metal-ion affinity chromatography (IMAC) is used extensively for phosphopeptide enrichment in phosphoproteomics...
- Targeted glycoproteomics: serial lectin affinity chromatography in the selection of O-glycosylation sites on proteins from the human blood proteomeMalaika Durham
Department of Chemistry and Cancer Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, United States
J Chromatogr A 1132:165-73. 2006..This paper reports that through the use of serial lectin affinity chromatography (SLAC) it is possible to select predominantly O-glycosylated peptides from tryptic digests of human serum...
- Use of ligand based models for protein domains to predict novel molecular targets and applications to triage affinity chromatography dataAndreas Bender
Center for Proteomic Chemistry, Lead Discovery Informatics, Developmental and Molecular Pathways, and Global Discovery Chemistry, Chemogenetics and Proteomics, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Proteome Res 8:2575-85. 2009..of ligands to protein domains in a probabilistic manner and employ the model to triage the results of affinity chromatography experiments...
- Identification of uranyl binding proteins from human kidney-2 cell extracts by immobilized uranyl affinity chromatography and mass spectrometryAlain Dedieu
CEA IBEB SBTN, F 30207 Bagnols sur Ceze, France
J Chromatogr A 1216:5365-76. 2009..on protein targets of uranyl ion (UO(2)(2+)), we set up a proteomic strategy based on immobilized metal-affinity chromatography (IMAC)...
- Purification of cytoplasmic actin by affinity chromatography using the C-terminal half of gelsolinTakashi Ohki
Department of Physics, Waseda University, Okubo, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 383:146-50. 2009..not requiring the use of denaturants or high concentrations of salt, was developed, based on the affinity chromatography using the C-terminal half of gelsolin (G4-6), an actin filament severing and capping protein...
- A novel purification strategy for retrovirus gene therapy vectors using heparin affinity chromatographyMaría de las Mercedes Segura
Department of Chemical Engineering, Centre de Recherche sur la Fonction, la Structure et l lngénierie des Protéines, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada, G1K 7P4
Biotechnol Bioeng 90:391-404. 2005..Heparin affinity chromatography is presented here as a novel convenient tool for retrovirus purification...
- Performance evaluation of ion exchange and affinity chromatography for HbA1c estimation in diabetic patients with HbD: a study of 129 samplesBushra Moiz
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, The Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
Clin Biochem 41:1204-10. 2008To compare ion exchange and boronate affinity chromatography for HbA(1c) estimation in patients with type I and II diabetes having hemoglobin D.
- Genomic DNA affinity chromatography: a technique to isolate interferon-inducible DNA binding factorsJyothi Kumaran
Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Methods Mol Med 116:57-67. 2005..This biochemical technique uses genomic DNA affinity chromatography to isolate DNA binding factors from IFN-inducible cytoplasmic or nuclear extracts.
- Comparative analysis by frontal affinity chromatography of oligosaccharide specificity of GlcNAc-binding lectins, Griffonia simplicifolia lectin-II (GSL-II) and Boletopsis leucomelas lectin (BLL)Sachiko Nakamura-Tsuruta
Glycostructure Analysis Team, Research Center for Glycoscience, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, AIST Tsukuba Central 2, 1 1 1, Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8568
J Biochem 140:285-91. 2006..Their sugar-binding specificity was analyzed by frontal affinity chromatography using 146 glycans (125 pyridylaminated and 21 p-nitrophenyl saccharides)...
- Novel immobilized zinc(II) affinity chromatography for phosphopeptides and phosphorylated proteinsEiji Kinoshita
Department of Functional Molecular Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
J Sep Sci 28:155-62. 2005Immobilized metal ion affinity chromatography (IMAC) is now a widely accepted technique for the separation of natural or artificial products that is beginning to find industrial applications...
- Design of ligands for the purification of anti-MUC1 antibodies by peptide epitope affinity chromatographyA Murray
Cancer Research Laboratories, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Pept Res 52:375-83. 1998..They were also tested as ligands for the purification of C595 antibody using epitope affinity chromatography. Affinity matrices were compared with respect to capacity, affinity, and quality of the purified product...
- Isolation of acetylcholinesterase from apoptotic human lung fibroblast cells by antibody affinity chromatographyQi Huang Jin
Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai
Biotechniques . 2002..The isolation of this enzyme is mainly based on inhibitor ligand affinity chromatography using immobilized tacrine. However, this method is only effective in isolating active AChE...
- Flavonoid glycoside: a new inhibitor of eukaryotic DNA polymerase alpha and a new carrier for inhibitor-affinity chromatographyYoshiyuki Mizushina
Laboratory of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Department of Nutritional Science and High Tecnology Research Center, Kobe Gakuin University, Nishi ku, Kobe, Hyogo 651 2180, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 301:480-7. 2003..We then made a KAG-conjugated column such as the epoxy-activated Sepharose 6B. In the column, pol alpha was selectively adsorbed and eluted...
- Characterization of p-aminobenzamidine-based sorbent and its use for high-performance affinity chromatography of trypsin-like proteasesKoji Nakamura
Tosoh Corporation, Nan yo Research Laboratory, 4560 Kaisei, Shin nan yo, Yamaguchi 746 8501, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1009:133-9. 2003..ABA-Toyopearl thus obtained was very stable below pH 8 and was successfully used for high-performance affinity chromatography of trypsin-like proteases such as trypsin, thrombin, tissue-type plasminogen activator or urokinase in a ..
- Mass spectrometry analysis of CD4-associating proteins using affinity chromatography and affinity tag-mediated purification of tryptic peptidesOliver K Bernhard
Centre for Virus Research, Westmead Milennium Institute, National Centre for HIV Virology Research, Westmead Hospital and The University of Sydney, Westmead NSW, Australia
Proteomics 3:139-46. 2003..In contrast, the other proteins identified are shown to arise from nonspecific interactions during the affinity chromatography purification suggesting a possible loss of specific interactions during the chromatography procedure...
- Tagging retrovirus vectors with a metal binding peptide and one-step purification by immobilized metal affinity chromatographyKaiming Ye
Center for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Department of Bioengineering, University of Pittsburgh, 300 Technology Dr, Suite 410, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
J Virol 78:9820-7. 2004..leukemia virus (MuLV), allowing for one-step purification of retroviral vectors by immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC)...
- MALDI-TOF MS of phosphorylated lipids in biological fluids using immobilized metal affinity chromatography and a solid ionic crystal matrixBryan M Ham
Department of Chemistry, University of New Orleans, 2000 Lakeshore Drive, New Orleans, Louisiana 70148, USA
Anal Chem 77:4439-47. 2005..developed to prepare the phosphorylated lipids for MALDI-TOF analysis by the use of immobilized metal ion affinity chromatography media (i.e., ZipTip)...
- Isolation of a trypsin inhibitor from Echinodorus paniculatus seeds by affinity chromatography on immobilized Cratylia mollis isolectinsP M G Paiva
Departamento de Bioquimica, CBB UFPE, Av Moraes Rego, S N, Cidade Universitaria, Recife PE, CEP 50670 420, Brazil
Bioresour Technol 88:75-9. 2003..under agitation for 6 min at 28 degrees C) was chromatographed on Sephadex G-25 (12 mlh(-1)), followed by affinity chromatography on immobilized Cratylia mollis isolectins (Cra Iso 1,2,3-Sepharose)...
- Identification of novel phosphorylation sites on Xenopus laevis Aurora A and analysis of phosphopeptide enrichment by immobilized metal-affinity chromatographyClaire E Haydon
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 2:1055-67. 2003..on His6-Aurora A, we found this protein to be an ideal tool for the characterization of immobilized metal-affinity chromatography (IMAC) as a method for phosphopeptide enrichment from complex mixtures...
- Nucleic acid separations utilizing immobilized metal affinity chromatographyJason C Murphy
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Houston, 4800 Calhoun Avenue, Houston, Texas 77204 4004, USA
Biotechnol Prog 19:982-6. 2003Immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC) is widely used for protein purification, e.g., in the isolation of proteins bearing the well-known hexahistidine affinity tag...
- Purification of antibodies by affinity chromatographyKlaus Huse
Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, Jena, Germany
J Biochem Biophys Methods 51:217-31. 2002..The purification strategies for antibodies by interaction with affinity ligands such as antibodies and Fe receptors or low molecular weight compounds are described...
- HSA binding of HIV protease inhibitors: a high-performance affinity chromatography studyCarlo Bertucci
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Sep Sci 32:1625-31. 2009..protease inhibitors, drugs important for anti-HIV chemotherapy, to HSA was examined by high-performance affinity chromatography. Frontal analysis was first used to determine the amount of anchored protein and the binding capacity for ..
- Isolation by zinc-affinity chromatography of the histidine-proline-rich-glycoprotein molecule associated with rabbit skeletal muscle AMP deaminase. Evidence that the formation of a protein-protein complex between the catalytic subunit and the novel componMaria Ranieri-Raggi
Dipartimento di Scienze dell Uomo e dell Ambiente, Chimica e Biochimica Medica, Universita di Pisa, Via Roma 55, 56126, Pisa, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1645:81-8. 2003..The separation of HPRG induces a marked reduction in the solubility of AMP deaminase, strongly suggesting a role of HPRG in assuring the molecular integrity of the enzyme...
- Biointeraction analysis of carbamazepine binding to alpha1-acid glycoprotein by high-performance affinity chromatographyHai Xuan
Department of Chemistry, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68588 0304, USA
J Sep Sci 33:2294-301. 2010..carbamazepine with the serum protein alpha(1)-acid glycoprotein (AGP) were examined by high-performance affinity chromatography. Frontal analysis studies with an immobilized AGP column and control column indicated carbamazepine had ..
- Identification of intracellular targets of small molecular weight chemical compounds using affinity chromatographyDamien Guiffant
CNRS, Molecules and Therapeutic Targets Laboratory, Station Biologique, Roscoff, France
Biotechnol J 2:68-75. 2007..Here we discuss the use of immobilized drugs as affinity chromatography matrices to purify and identify their bona fide intracellular targets...
- Engineering adeno-associated virus for one-step purification via immobilized metal affinity chromatographyJames T Koerber
Department of Chemical Engineering and Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Hum Gene Ther 18:367-78. 2007..Immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC) allows for robust protein purification via affinity tags such as the hexahistidine (His(6)) ..
- Analysis of the sugar-binding specificity of mannose-binding-type Jacalin-related lectins by frontal affinity chromatography--an approach to functional classificationSachiko Nakamura-Tsuruta
Lectin Application and Analysis Team, Research Center for Medical Glycoscience, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba Central 2, 1 1 1 Umezono, Ibaraki, Tsukuba, Japan
FEBS J 275:1227-39. 2008..A detailed comparison of sugar-binding specificity was made by frontal affinity chromatography to corroborate the structure-function relationships of the extended mJRL subfamily...
- Selection and Characterization of PSMA Ligands from Phage-Displayed LibrariesGary Fujii; Fiscal Year: 2006..Each anti-PSMA RRP fusion protein will be expressed in a bacterial system and purified by affinity chromatography. Anti-PSMA RRPs will then be tested in vitro for binding to purified PSMA ectodomain using qualitative ..
- PROTEIN-CARBOHYDRATE INTERACTIONIrwin Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 1990..in amounts sufficient to study its metal binding properties (by CD spectroscopy and metal chelate affinity chromatography) and to prepare antibodies to assay for homologous regions in other legume lectins...
- ROBBINS Glycosylation and Glycosidases-Cell and Molecular BiologyPhillips W Robbins; Fiscal Year: 2010..Fourth, wheat germ agglutinin and Concanavalin A affinity chromatography dramatically enriches the N-glycomes (glycoproteins with N-glycans composed of GlcNAc2) of Giardia and ..
- DETOXICATION OF XENOBIOTICS IN ERYTHROCYTESYOGESH AWASTHI; Fiscal Year: 1999..Dnp-SG ATPase will be purified from human erytocytes and other tissues by Dnp-SG affinity chromatography and immunoaffinity chromatography to determine its structural and functional properties...
- PURIFICATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF ADENOSINE RECEPTORSJoel Linden; Fiscal Year: 1993..We will use immunoblots to identify G proteins that are copurified by agonist affinity chromatography with A1 receptors from brain and adipose tissue...
- BIOLOGY OF TRABECULAR MESHWORK IN HEALTH AND DISEASEBEATRICE YUE; Fiscal Year: 1993..and in primary, first- and second-passage cell cultures will be determined by gel electrophoresis, affinity chromatography, immunoprecipitation, and other methods...
- MOLECULAR APPROACH TO HUMAN ALLERGYSusan MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2002..HRF did not show direct binding to IgE+ as evidenced by ELISA technology and affinity chromatography. The investigator's recent data demonstrate that HRF primes all basophils for HR, IL-4 and IL-13 protein ..
- DETOXICATION OF XENOBIOTICS IN ERYTHROCYTESYOGESH AWASTHI; Fiscal Year: 1993..Dnp-SG ATPase purified through affinity chromatography will be analyzed for its amino acid composition, N-terminal sequence(s), subunit composition, and ..
- 14 3 3 Implications in Topoisomerase II PharmacologyDavid Kroll; Fiscal Year: 2003..Using reciprocal affinity chromatography and co-immunoprecipitation methods, we have shown that 14-3-3e, but NOT the G2 arrest protein 14-3-3E, ..
- MECHANISM OF INITIATION OF PROTEIN BIOSYNTHESISJOHN HERSHEY; Fiscal Year: 2000..will express fusion proteins tagged with his6, then purify the eIF3 complex by Ni or glutathione affinity chromatography and analyze the subunit composition...
- Monoclonal Antibodies Against T-Regulatory CellsAlan Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2005..human lgG1 to create a fusion protein that can be produced in quantity and purified simply with Protein-A affinity chromatography. Purified human CD25-Fc will then be used in panning experiments using the MRC phage display library to ..
- Small molecule protein-glycan inhib. as malaria transmission-blocking therapueticRHOEL DAVID RAMOS DINGLASAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..glycosaminoglycan interactions involves (1) identifying novel lectin-like ookinete molecules by glycan-affinity chromatography and mass spectrometry, (2) characterizing their functional role in vivo through the production of gene ..
- MEMBRANES OF THE DENTAL PATHOGEN STREPTOCOCCUS MUTANSL Jeannine Brady; Fiscal Year: 2007..Two-D gel electrophoresis, yeast two-hybrid, Ffh-GST affinity chromatography and affinity chromatography will be employed...
- BIOSPECIFIC POLYMER ENZYME CONJUGATES FOR DRUG DELIVERYGLEN KWON; Fiscal Year: 2004..A biotin moiety may mediate the separation of PEG-CPA conjugate by affinity chromatography, fractionating in terms of number of attached biotinylated PEG on CPA using an immobilized monomeric ..