Genomes and Genes
Summary: A chromatographic technique that utilizes the ability of biological molecules to bind to certain ligands specifically and reversibly. It is used in protein biochemistry. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- Structural analysis and classification of native proteins from E. coli commonly co-purified by immobilised metal affinity chromatographyVictor Martin Bolanos-Garcia
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, England
Biochim Biophys Acta 1760:1304-13. 2006Immobilised metal affinity chromatography (IMAC) is the most widely used technique for single-step purification of recombinant proteins...
- Identification of putative serum glycoprotein biomarkers for human lung adenocarcinoma by multilectin affinity chromatography and LC-MS/MSSun Hee Heo
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
Proteomics 7:4292-302. 2007..from the sera of three healthy individuals and three lung adenocarcinoma patients using multilectin affinity chromatography. The recovered glycoproteins were subjected to treatment with peptide-N-glycosidase F (PNGase F) and in-..
- Oligosaccharide specificity of galectins: a search by frontal affinity chromatographyJun Hirabayashi
Department of Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Teikyo University, Sagamiko, Kanagawa 199 0195, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1572:232-54. 2002..For this purpose, we recently reinforced a conventional system for frontal affinity chromatography (FAC) [J. Chromatogr., B, Biomed. Sci. Appl. 771 (2002) 67-87]...
- Displacement affinity chromatography of protein phosphatase one (PP1) complexesGreg B G Moorhead
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, 2500 University Dr, NW Calgary, AB T2N 1N4, Canada
BMC Biochem 9:28. 2008..PP1 is localized to its site of action by interacting with targeting or regulatory proteins, a majority of which contains a primary docking site referred to as the RVXF/W motif...
- Isolation and identification of the third subunit of mammalian DNA polymerase delta by PCNA-affinity chromatography of mouse FM3A cell extractsP Hughes
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS, UPR9044, Institut de Recherches sur le Cancer, 7 rue Guy Moquet BP 8, 94801 Villejuif, France
Nucleic Acids Res 27:2108-14. 1999..We discuss the implications of our findings within the current framework of our understanding of DNA replication...
- Quantitative interaction proteomics using mass spectrometryAlexander Wepf
Institute of Molecular Systems Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zurich, Wolfgang Pauli Strasse 16, Zurich, Switzerland
Nat Methods 6:203-5. 2009..We used this method to quantitatively analyze interaction stoichiometries in the human protein phosphatase 2A network...
- Immobilized metal affinity chromatography revisited: pH/acid control toward high selectivity in phosphoproteomicsChia Feng Tsai
Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Proteome Res 7:4058-69. 2008..Furthermore, the simple and reproducible IMAC protocol can be adapted to other solid supports, fully automated or manual, for large-scale identification of the vastly under-explored phosphoproteome...
- Synergistic activation of transcription by CBP and p53W Gu
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York 10021, USA
Nature 387:819-23. 1997....
- Mapping multiprotein complexes by affinity purification and mass spectrometryMark O Collins
Proteomic Mass Spectrometry, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
Curr Opin Biotechnol 19:324-30. 2008..Concomitant developments in MS, including high accuracy and high-throughput instrumentation together with quantitative MS methods, have facilitated large-scale and comprehensive analysis of multiprotein complexes...
- RNA affinity for molecular L-histidine; genetic code originsIrene Majerfeld
Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309-0347, USA
J Mol Evol 61:226-35. 2005..This site is probably the simplest structure that can meet our histidine affinity selection, which strengthens experimental support for a "stereochemical" origin of the genetic code...
- Screening of protein-ligand interactions using dynamic protein-affinity chromatography solid-phase extraction-liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryNiels Jonker
VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Chemistry, Biomolecular Analysis Group, De Boelelaan 1083, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 1205:71-7. 2008..The system presented, dynamic protein-affinity chromatography solid-phase extraction (DPAC-SPE), overcomes the limitations of the existing methods by performing an ..
- Immunopurification of polyribosomal complexes of Arabidopsis for global analysis of gene expressionMaria Eugenia Zanetti
Department of Botany and Plant Science, Center for Plant Cell Biology, University of California, Riverside, California 92521 0124, USA
Plant Physiol 138:624-35. 2005..This technology can be extended to evaluation of mRNA populations at the cell- or tissue-specific level by regulation of the tagged RP with distinct promoters...
- Glycoproteomic analysis of embryonic stem cells: identification of potential glycobiomarkers using lectin affinity chromatography of glycopeptidesGerardo Alvarez-Manilla
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
J Proteome Res 9:2062-75. 2010..are part of a very complex proteome, has involved the use of fractionation techniques such as lectin affinity chromatography. In this study, the glycoproteomic characterization of pluripotent murine embryonic stem cells (ES) and ..
- Lectin affinity chromatography as a tool to differentiate endogenous and recombinant erythropoietinsL Franco Fraguas
Catedra de Bioquimica, Departamento de Biociencias, Facultad de Quimica, CC 1157, Montevideo, Uruguay
J Chromatogr A 1212:82-8. 2008This work exploits the combination of the lectin affinity chromatography (LAC) with an ultra-sensitive immunochromatographic assay to differentiate several types of erythropoietin (EPO)...
- Identification of dengue virus binding proteins using affinity chromatographySupranee Upanan
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Mahidol University, Salaya Campus, 25 25 Phuttamonthol Sai 4, Salaya, Nakorn Pathom 73170, Thailand
J Virol Methods 151:325-8. 2008..This result is consistent with earlier work and shows that while affinity chromatography may provide a useful adjunct to VOPBA based studies particularly in cases where proteins maybe sensitive ..
- A novel method to quantify sphingosine 1-phosphate by immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC)Yong Moon Lee
Center for Vascular Biology, Department of Cell Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 3505, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 84:154-62. 2007..to selectively enrich S1P and dihydro-S1P from biological samples by the Fe(3+) gel immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC)...
- Monoacetylcurcumin: a new inhibitor of eukaryotic DNA polymerase lambda and a new ligand for inhibitor-affinity chromatographyYoshiyuki Mizushina
Laboratory of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Department of Nutritional Science, Kobe Gakuin University, Nishi ku, Kobe, Hyogo 651 2180, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:1288-95. 2005..We then made a monoacetylcurcumin-conjugated column with epoxy-activated Sepharose 6B. In the column, pol lambda of full length was selectively adsorbed and eluted...
- Affinity chromatography: general methodsMarjeta Urh
Promega Corporation, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Methods Enzymol 463:417-38. 2009b>Affinity chromatography is one of the most diverse and powerful chromatographic methods for purification of a specific molecule or a group of molecules from complex mixtures...
- Analysis of glycopeptides using lectin affinity chromatography with MALDI-TOF mass spectrometryKazutosi Kubota
Research Team for Functional Genomics and Research Team for Molecular Biomarkers, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Foundation for Research on Aging and Promotion of Human Welfare, 35 2 Sakae cho, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 0015, Japan
Anal Chem 80:3693-8. 2008..Taken together, the combination of lectin column chromatography, MALDI-TOF MS, and MALDI-QIT-TOF MS ( n ) provides an easy way for the structural estimation of glycans and the rapid analysis of glycoproteomics...
- Current strategies for the use of affinity tags and tag removal for the purification of recombinant proteinsJose Arnau
Unizyme Laboratories A S, Dr Neergaards vej 17, DK 2970 Hørsholm, Denmark
Protein Expr Purif 48:1-13. 2006..A comparison of the yield of standard vs. affinity purification together with an example of tag removal using TAGZyme is also included...
- O-linked N-acetylglucosamine proteomics of postsynaptic density preparations using lectin weak affinity chromatography and mass spectrometryKeith Vosseller
Mass Spectrometry Facility, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:923-34. 2006..for direct enrichment and identification of in vivo O-GlcNAc-modified peptides through lectin weak affinity chromatography (LWAC) and mass spectrometry...
- Robust phosphoproteomic profiling of tyrosine phosphorylation sites from human T cells using immobilized metal affinity chromatography and tandem mass spectrometryLaurence M Brill
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation, 10675 John Jay Hopkins Drive, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Anal Chem 76:2763-72. 2004..2003, 100, 443-448). The technology platform included the use of immunoprecipitation, immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC), liquid chromatography, and tandem mass spectrometry...
- Cell-free translation reconstituted with purified componentsY Shimizu
Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Bldg FSB401, Kasiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba Prefecture 277-8562, Japan
Nat Biotechnol 19:751-5. 2001..The protein products were easily purified within 1 h using affinity chromatography to remove the tagged protein factors...
- A physical and functional map of the human TNF-alpha/NF-kappa B signal transduction pathwayTewis Bouwmeester
Cellzome AG, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 6:97-105. 2004..This systems approach provides significant insight into the logic of the TNF-alpha/NF-kappa B pathway and is generally applicable to other pathways relevant to human disease...
- Combination of abundant protein depletion and multi-lectin affinity chromatography (M-LAC) for plasma protein biomarker discoveryTatiana Plavina
Biogen Idec Inc, Boston, MA 02142, USA
J Proteome Res 6:662-71. 2007..The method consists of depletion of albumin and IgG and multi-lectin affinity chromatography (M-LAC), followed by nanoLC-MS/MS analysis of digested proteins and label-free comparative quantitation ..
- A novel tandem affinity purification strategy for the efficient isolation and characterisation of native protein complexesChristian Johannes Gloeckner
Institute of Human Genetics, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Proteomics 7:4228-34. 2007....
- Glutamine synthetase, hemoglobin alpha-chain, and macrophage migration inhibitory factor binding to amyloid beta-protein: their identification in rat brain by a novel affinity chromatography and in Alzheimer's disease brain by immunoprecipitationR Oyama
Department of Neuropathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1479:91-102. 2000..Our results suggest that these binding proteins also associate with Abeta, leading to the clearance or the accumulation of Abeta and the neuronal cell damage in human brain...
- High-throughput protein purification using an automated set-up for high-yield affinity chromatographyJohanna Steen
School of Biotechnology, Division of Molecular Biotechnology, AlbaNova University Center, KTH, Royal Institute of Technology, , 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Protein Expr Purif 46:173-8. 2006..5h. The method is based on affinity chromatography and has been set up on an instrument that utilizes positive pressure for liquid transfer through columns...
- Purification and characterization of three toxins and two agglutinins from Abrus precatorius seed by using lactamyl-Sepharose affinity chromatographyR Hegde
Department of Biochemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Anal Biochem 194:101-9. 1991..two agglutinins, APA-I and -II, were purified from the seeds of Abrus precatorius by lactamyl-Sepharose affinity chromatography followed by gel filtration and DEAE-Sephacel column chromatography...
- Rapid enrichment and analysis of yeast phosphoproteins using affinity chromatography, 2D-PAGE and peptide mass fingerprintingVasso Makrantoni
Centre for Biomolecular Science, University of St. Andrews, The North Haugh, St. Andrews, Fife KY16 9ST, UK
Yeast 22:401-14. 2005..Further validating the method, growth of yeast in the presence of sorbic acid resulted in altered phosphorylation of 17 proteins, 13 of which had prior published evidence that they were phosphoproteins or had ATP binding activity...
- SATB1 targets chromatin remodelling to regulate genes over long distancesDag Yasui
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Nature 419:641-5. 2002..SATB1 defines a class of transcriptional regulators that function as a 'landing platform' for several chromatin remodelling enzymes and hence regulate large chromatin domains...
- A novel purification strategy for retrovirus gene therapy vectors using heparin affinity chromatographyMaría de las Mercedes Segura
Department of Chemical Engineering, Centre de Recherche sur la Fonction, la Structure et l lngénierie des Protéines, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada, G1K 7P4
Biotechnol Bioeng 90:391-404. 2005..Heparin affinity chromatography is presented here as a novel convenient tool for retrovirus purification...
- Systematic comparison of oligosaccharide specificity of Ricinus communis agglutinin I and Erythrina lectins: a search by frontal affinity chromatographyYoko Itakura
Lectin Application and Analysis Team, Research Center for Medical Glycoscience, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba Central 2, 1 1 1, Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8568
J Biochem 142:459-69. 2007..For this purpose, we examined by means of frontal affinity chromatography over 100 lectins which have similar sugar-binding specificities to that of RCA120...
- Genomic DNA affinity chromatography: a technique to isolate interferon-inducible DNA binding factorsJyothi Kumaran
Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Methods Mol Med 116:57-67. 2005..This biochemical technique uses genomic DNA affinity chromatography to isolate DNA binding factors from IFN-inducible cytoplasmic or nuclear extracts.
- Novel immobilized zinc(II) affinity chromatography for phosphopeptides and phosphorylated proteinsEiji Kinoshita
Department of Functional Molecular Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
J Sep Sci 28:155-62. 2005Immobilized metal ion affinity chromatography (IMAC) is now a widely accepted technique for the separation of natural or artificial products that is beginning to find industrial applications...
- Enrichment and analysis of phosphopeptides under different experimental conditions using titanium dioxide affinity chromatography and mass spectrometryUma K Aryal
National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute, 110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7N 0W9
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 24:219-31. 2010Titanium dioxide metal oxide affinity chromatography (TiO(2)-MOAC) is widely regarded as being more selective than immobilized metal-ion affinity chromatography (IMAC) for phosphopeptide enrichment...
- Performance evaluation of ion exchange and affinity chromatography for HbA1c estimation in diabetic patients with HbD: a study of 129 samplesBushra Moiz
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, The Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
Clin Biochem 41:1204-10. 2008To compare ion exchange and boronate affinity chromatography for HbA(1c) estimation in patients with type I and II diabetes having hemoglobin D.
- Design of ligands for the purification of anti-MUC1 antibodies by peptide epitope affinity chromatographyA Murray
Cancer Research Laboratories, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Pept Res 52:375-83. 1998..They were also tested as ligands for the purification of C595 antibody using epitope affinity chromatography. Affinity matrices were compared with respect to capacity, affinity, and quality of the purified product...
- Comparative analysis by frontal affinity chromatography of oligosaccharide specificity of GlcNAc-binding lectins, Griffonia simplicifolia lectin-II (GSL-II) and Boletopsis leucomelas lectin (BLL)Sachiko Nakamura-Tsuruta
Glycostructure Analysis Team, Research Center for Glycoscience, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, AIST Tsukuba Central 2, 1-1-1, Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8568
J Biochem (Tokyo) 140:285-91. 2006..Their sugar-binding specificity was analyzed by frontal affinity chromatography using 146 glycans (125 pyridylaminated and 21 p-nitrophenyl saccharides)...
- Isolation of acetylcholinesterase from apoptotic human lung fibroblast cells by antibody affinity chromatographyQi-Huang Jin
Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai
Biotechniques . 2002..The isolation of this enzyme is mainly based on inhibitor ligand affinity chromatography using immobilized tacrine. However, this method is only effective in isolating active AChE...
- Flavonoid glycoside: a new inhibitor of eukaryotic DNA polymerase alpha and a new carrier for inhibitor-affinity chromatographyYoshiyuki Mizushina
Laboratory of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Department of Nutritional Science and High Tecnology Research Center, Kobe Gakuin University, Nishi ku, Kobe, Hyogo 651 2180, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 301:480-7. 2003..We then made a KAG-conjugated column such as the epoxy-activated Sepharose 6B. In the column, pol alpha was selectively adsorbed and eluted...
- Isolation of a trypsin inhibitor from Echinodorus paniculatus seeds by affinity chromatography on immobilized Cratylia mollis isolectinsP M G Paiva
Departamento de Bioquimica, CBB UFPE, Av Moraes Rego, S N, Cidade Universitaria, Recife PE, CEP 50670 420, Brazil
Bioresour Technol 88:75-9. 2003..under agitation for 6 min at 28 degrees C) was chromatographed on Sephadex G-25 (12 mlh(-1)), followed by affinity chromatography on immobilized Cratylia mollis isolectins (Cra Iso 1,2,3-Sepharose)...
- Isolation by zinc-affinity chromatography of the histidine-proline-rich-glycoprotein molecule associated with rabbit skeletal muscle AMP deaminase. Evidence that the formation of a protein-protein complex between the catalytic subunit and the novel componMaria Ranieri-Raggi
Dipartimento di Scienze dell'Uomo e dell'Ambiente, Chimica e Biochimica Medica, , Via Roma 55, 56126, Pisa, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1645:81-8. 2003..The separation of HPRG induces a marked reduction in the solubility of AMP deaminase, strongly suggesting a role of HPRG in assuring the molecular integrity of the enzyme...
- Analysis of drug-protein binding by ultrafast affinity chromatography using immobilized human serum albuminRangan Mallik
Chemistry Department, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68588 0304, USA
J Chromatogr A 1217:2796-803. 2010..These properties make this technique appealing for use in drug-binding studies and in the high-throughput screening of new drug candidates...
- Frontal affinity chromatography-mass spectrometry useful for characterization of new ligands for GPR17 receptorEnrica Calleri
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Pavia, Via Taramelli 12, 27100 Pavia, Italy
J Med Chem 53:3489-501. 2010The application of frontal affinity chromatography-mass spectrometry (FAC-MS), along with molecular modeling studies, to the screening of potential drug candidates toward the recently deorphanized G-protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) GPR17 ..
- Frontal affinity chromatography analysis of constructs of DC-SIGN, DC-SIGNR and LSECtin extend evidence for affinity to agalactosylated N-glycansRikio Yabe
Research Center for Medical Glycoscience, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
FEBS J 277:4010-26. 2010..DC-SIGNR) and liver and lymph node sinusoidal endothelial cell C-type lectin (LSECtin) using frontal affinity chromatography (FAC)...
- Analysis of the sugar-binding specificity of mannose-binding-type Jacalin-related lectins by frontal affinity chromatography--an approach to functional classificationSachiko Nakamura-Tsuruta
Lectin Application and Analysis Team, Research Center for Medical Glycoscience, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba Central 2, 1 1 1 Umezono, Ibaraki, Tsukuba, Japan
FEBS J 275:1227-39. 2008..A detailed comparison of sugar-binding specificity was made by frontal affinity chromatography to corroborate the structure-function relationships of the extended mJRL subfamily...
- Mass spectrometry analysis of CD4-associating proteins using affinity chromatography and affinity tag-mediated purification of tryptic peptidesOliver K Bernhard
Centre for Virus Research, Westmead Milennium Institute, National Centre for HIV Virology Research, Westmead Hospital and The University of Sydney, Westmead NSW, Australia
Proteomics 3:139-46. 2003..In contrast, the other proteins identified are shown to arise from nonspecific interactions during the affinity chromatography purification suggesting a possible loss of specific interactions during the chromatography procedure...
- Purification of antibodies by affinity chromatographyKlaus Huse
Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, Jena, Germany
J Biochem Biophys Methods 51:217-31. 2002..The purification strategies for antibodies by interaction with affinity ligands such as antibodies and Fe receptors or low molecular weight compounds are described...
- Biointeraction analysis of carbamazepine binding to alpha1-acid glycoprotein by high-performance affinity chromatographyHai Xuan
Department of Chemistry, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68588 0304, USA
J Sep Sci 33:2294-301. 2010..carbamazepine with the serum protein alpha(1)-acid glycoprotein (AGP) were examined by high-performance affinity chromatography. Frontal analysis studies with an immobilized AGP column and control column indicated carbamazepine had ..
- Nucleic acid separations utilizing immobilized metal affinity chromatographyJason C Murphy
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Houston, 4800 Calhoun Avenue, Houston, Texas 77204-4004, USA
Biotechnol Prog 19:982-6. 2003Immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC) is widely used for protein purification, e.g., in the isolation of proteins bearing the well-known hexahistidine affinity tag...
- Identification of novel phosphorylation sites on Xenopus laevis Aurora A and analysis of phosphopeptide enrichment by immobilized metal-affinity chromatographyClaire E Haydon
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 2:1055-67. 2003..on His6-Aurora A, we found this protein to be an ideal tool for the characterization of immobilized metal-affinity chromatography (IMAC) as a method for phosphopeptide enrichment from complex mixtures...
- Characterization of p-aminobenzamidine-based sorbent and its use for high-performance affinity chromatography of trypsin-like proteasesKoji Nakamura
Tosoh Corporation, Nan yo Research Laboratory, 4560 Kaisei, Shin nan yo, Yamaguchi 746 8501, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1009:133-9. 2003..ABA-Toyopearl thus obtained was very stable below pH 8 and was successfully used for high-performance affinity chromatography of trypsin-like proteases such as trypsin, thrombin, tissue-type plasminogen activator or urokinase in a ..
- Immobilised metal affinity chromatography for the capture of hydroxamate-containing siderophores and other Fe(III)-binding metabolites directly from bacterial culture supernatantsNajwa Braich
School of Medical Sciences Pharmacology and Bosch Institute, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Analyst 133:877-80. 2008Nickel(II)-based immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC) has been used to capture from standard samples the hydroxamate-containing siderophores, acetohydroxamic acid (ahaH), suberodihydroxamic acid (shaH(2)) or desferrioxamine B ..
- Immobilized metal affinity chromatography of histidine-tagged lentiviral vectors using monolithic adsorbentsM C Cheeks
Bioscience Engineering Group, Cambridge Unit for Bioscience Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, New Museums Site, Pembroke Street, Cambridge CB2 3RA, UK
J Chromatogr A 1216:2705-11. 2009..separated from crude cell culture supernatant using labscale monolithic adsorbents by immobilized metal affinity chromatography. The capture capacity, concentration factor, purification factor, and elution efficiency of a ..
- Frontal affinity chromatography-mass spectrometryElla S M Ng
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Nat Protoc 2:1907-17. 2007Frontal affinity chromatography (FAC) is a biophysical method for the discovery and characterization of molecular interactions in a flow-based system...
- Role of nitrogen lewis basicity in boronate affinity chromatography of nucleosidesRobin Tuytten
Department of Chemistry, Nucleoside Research and Mass Spectrometry Unit, and Center for Proteomics and Mass Spectrometry, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Anal Chem 79:6662-9. 2007..cancer biomarkers, and most of the methods used in their study have utilized low-pressure phenylboronate affinity chromatography materials for the purification of the cis-diol-containing nucleosides...
- Purification of Euphorbia characias latex peroxidase by calmodulin-affinity chromatographyFrancesca Pintus
Department of Applied Sciences in Biosystems, University of Cagliari, Monserrato, Cagliari, Italy
Ital J Biochem 56:1-5. 2007..an Euphorbia characias latex peroxidase is performed employing a calmodulin-Sepharose column as affinity chromatography. The advantage of this approach is the isolation of a peroxidase under fast and mild elution conditions ..
- Engineering adeno-associated virus for one-step purification via immobilized metal affinity chromatographyJames T Koerber
Department of Chemical Engineering and Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Hum Gene Ther 18:367-78. 2007..Immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC) allows for robust protein purification via affinity tags such as the hexahistidine (His(6)) ..
- Combining results from lectin affinity chromatography and glycocapture approaches substantially improves the coverage of the glycoproteomeClaudia A McDonald
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA 94132, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 8:287-301. 2009..the labeled glycoproteins and another that targets glycoproteins with sialic acid residues using lectin affinity chromatography, in conjunction with liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry is effective for plasma membrane ..
- Identification of intracellular targets of small molecular weight chemical compounds using affinity chromatographyDamien Guiffant
CNRS, Molecules and Therapeutic Targets Laboratory, Station Biologique, Roscoff, France
Biotechnol J 2:68-75. 2007..Here we discuss the use of immobilized drugs as affinity chromatography matrices to purify and identify their bona fide intracellular targets...
- Automated multiple ligand screening by frontal affinity chromatography-mass spectrometry (FAC-MS)William Ng
Transition Therapeutics Inc, Drug Discovery Group, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Biomol Screen 12:167-74. 2007..One of these methods, frontal affinity chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry detection (FAC-MS), although still a relatively new technique, is turning ..
- Approaches to the study of N-linked glycoproteins in human plasma using lectin affinity chromatography and nano-HPLC coupled to electrospray linear ion trap--Fourier transform mass spectrometryYonghui Wang
Barnett Institute, Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Glycobiology 16:514-23. 2006In this publication, we will describe the combination of lectin affinity chromatography with nano high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) coupled to a linear ion trap Fourier transform mass spectrometer (capillary LC-LTQ/FTMS) to ..
- Microchip frontal affinity chromatography to study the binding of a ligand to teicoplanin-derivatized microbeadsXiaojun Liu
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, California State University, Los Angeles, CA 90032 8202, USA
Electrophoresis 30:1194-7. 2009Microchip frontal affinity chromatography was demonstrated to estimate the binding of 5-carboxyfluorescin-(D-Ala)(3) (1) to magnetic microbeads derivatized with teicoplanin (Teic) from Actinoplanes teicomyceticus...
- Histidine affinity chromatography of homo-oligonucleotides. Role of multiple interactions on retentionA Sousa
CICS Centro de Investigação em Ciências da Saúde, Universidade da Beira Interior, 6201 001 Covilha, Portugal
Biomed Chromatogr 23:745-53. 2009..This consideration prompted the need for better understanding the interactions involved in affinity chromatography of plasmid DNA with the histidine-agarose support...
- MALDI-TOF MS of phosphorylated lipids in biological fluids using immobilized metal affinity chromatography and a solid ionic crystal matrixBryan M Ham
Department of Chemistry, University of New Orleans, 2000 Lakeshore Drive, New Orleans, Louisiana 70148, USA
Anal Chem 77:4439-47. 2005..developed to prepare the phosphorylated lipids for MALDI-TOF analysis by the use of immobilized metal ion affinity chromatography media (i.e., ZipTip)...
- Single-step Strep-tag purification for the isolation and identification of protein complexes from mammalian cellsMelissa R Junttila
Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku and Abo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
Proteomics 5:1199-203. 2005..By using the Strep-tag affinity chromatography method, enabling fast and simple one-step purification, coupled with competitive elution under ..
- HSA binding of HIV protease inhibitors: a high-performance affinity chromatography studyCarlo Bertucci
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Sep Sci 32:1625-31. 2009..protease inhibitors, drugs important for anti-HIV chemotherapy, to HSA was examined by high-performance affinity chromatography. Frontal analysis was first used to determine the amount of anchored protein and the binding capacity for ..
- Target-based drug discovery: the emerging success of frontal affinity chromatography coupled to mass spectrometryEnrica Calleri
Dipartimento di Chimica Farmaceutica, Universita degli Studi di Pavia, Viale Taramelli 12, 27100 Pavia, Italy
ChemMedChem 4:905-16. 2009Frontal affinity chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry (FAC-MS) has been reported as a potential method for screening compound mixtures against immobilized target proteins...
- Tagging retrovirus vectors with a metal binding peptide and one-step purification by immobilized metal affinity chromatographyKaiming Ye
Center for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Department of Bioengineering, University of Pittsburgh, 300 Technology Dr, Suite 410, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
J Virol 78:9820-7. 2004..leukemia virus (MuLV), allowing for one-step purification of retroviral vectors by immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC)...
- Affinity chromatography approaches to overcome the challenges of purifying plasmid DNAFani Sousa
CICS Centro de Investigação em Ciências da Saúde, Universidade da Beira Interior, 6201 001 Covilha, Portugal
Trends Biotechnol 26:518-25. 2008..This paper discusses the progress and importance of affinity chromatography (AC) for the purification of pDNA-based therapeutic products...
- Factors associated with the mammalian RNA polymerase II holoenzymeA S Neish
Division of Molecular Oncology, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 26:847-53. 1998..The presence of the p300 coactivator and the chromatin-modifying BRG1 protein support a role for the Pol II holoenzyme as a key target for regulation by enhancer binding proteins...
- The preparation and development of cellular membrane affinity chromatography columnsRuin Moaddel
Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, Gerontology Research Center, National Institute on Aging NIH, 5600 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Nat Protoc 4:197-205. 2009Cellular membrane affinity chromatography is a technique that is based on the immobilization of a target trans-membrane protein onto a stationary phase. The target protein is isolated by homogenization and solubilization of a source (e.g...
- Identification of fumonisin B1 as an inhibitor of argininosuccinate synthetase using fumonisin affinity chromatography and in vitro kinetic studiesG R Jenkins
Division of Biochemical Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, AR 72079 9205, USA
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 14:320-8. 2000..The extent of the inhibition of argininosuccinate synthetase in cells, and the possible role of this enzyme inhibition in the cellular toxicity of FB1, remains to be established...
- Purification of poly-ubiquitinated proteins by S5a-affinity chromatographyR Layfield
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Proteomics 1:773-7. 2001..In this case hHR23B is not ubiquitinated but instead contains an intrinsic ubiquitin-like domain at its N-terminus, through which it interacts with S5a (Hiyama, H., et al., J Biol. Chem. 1999, 274, 28,019-28,025)...
- Application of monoliths as supports for affinity chromatography and fast enzymatic conversionD Josic
Research and Development, Octapharma Pharmazeutika Produktions Ges m b H, Oberlaaerstrasse 235, A 1100 Vienna, Austria
J Biochem Biophys Methods 49:153-74. 2001..However, the technical problems of up-scaling are close to being definitely solved, enabling enzymatic conversion on a preparative scale in the future...
- Phosphoproteomic analysis of rat liver by high capacity IMAC and LC-MS/MSKatrin Moser
Biological Engineering Division, MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Proteome Res 5:98-104. 2006..Here, we have utilized an optimized immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC) protocol to enrich phosphorylated peptides from a tryptic digest of proteins isolated from whole ..
- Efficient elution of functional proteins in affinity chromatographyM A Firer
Immunology Laboratory, E Katzir Biotechnology Program, Research Institute, College of Judea and Samaria, PO Box 3, Ariel 44837, Israel
J Biochem Biophys Methods 49:433-42. 2001..This review examines the chemical effect of various elution buffers on protein-protein interactions in the context of affinity chromatography and examines strategies that may be used for selection of an appropriate buffer.
- An alternative tandem affinity purification strategy applied to Arabidopsis protein complex isolationVicente Rubio
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520-8104, USA
Plant J 41:767-78. 2005..Taken together, the data demonstrate the suitability of the TAPa system to allow efficient multi-protein complex isolation from stably transformed Arabidopsis...
- Single-step method for purification of Shiga toxin-1 B subunit using receptor-mediated affinity chromatography by globotriaosylceramide-conjugated octyl sepharose CL-4BH Nakajima
Department of Pathology, National Children's Medical Research Center, Taishido, Tokyo, Japan
Protein Expr Purif 22:267-75. 2001A new single-step purification method for Shiga toxin (Stx) was developed using receptor-mediated affinity chromatography, in which Gb3Cer (globotriaosylceramide) was conjugated to octyl Sepharose CL-4B as a carrier...
- Fractionation of glycoprotein-derived oligosaccharides by affinity chromatography using immobilized lectin columnsT Endo
Department of Glycobiology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Japan
J Chromatogr A 720:251-61. 1996..Thus, when used in conjunction with other separation techniques, lectin affinity chromatography can help to purify rapidly oligosaccharides and provide substantial information about their structural ..
- Phosphotyrosine proteomic study of interferon alpha signaling pathway using a combination of immunoprecipitation and immobilized metal affinity chromatographyHaiyan Zheng
Discovery Technologies, Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:721-30. 2005..A specific site on alpha-tubulin (Tyr-271) was observed to be phosphorylated upon treatment as well. Furthermore, our results suggest that LOC257106, a CDC42 GAP-like protein, is potentially involved in this pathway...
- N-acetyl-D-galactosamine/N-acetyl-D-glucosamine--recognizing lectin from the snail Cepaea hortensis: purification, chemical characterization, cloning and expression in E. coliDieter Gerlach
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Semmelweisstr 4, D 07743 Jena, Germany
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 43:223-32. 2005..GalNAc/GlcNAc) specific lectin (CHA-II) which was purified by a combination of affinity chromatography on GalNAc-agarose and gel filtration...
- Isolation, cDNA cloning, and overexpression of a 33-kD cell surface glycoprotein that binds to the globular "heads" of C1qB Ghebrehiwet
Department of Medicine, State University of New York, Stony Brook 11794 8161
J Exp Med 179:1809-21. 1994..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Purification of the MutX protein of Streptococcus pneumoniae, a homologue of Escherichia coli MutT. Identification of a novel catalytic domain for nucleoside triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase activityL C Bullions
McCollum Pratt Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218
J Biol Chem 269:12339-44. 1994..coli orf17 gene (Takahagi, M., Iwasaki, H., Nakata, A., and Shinegawa, H. (1991) J. Bacteriol. 173, 5747-5753)...
- Kallistatin: a novel human serine proteinase inhibitor. Molecular cloning, tissue distribution, and expression in Escherichia coliK X Chai
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425
J Biol Chem 268:24498-505. 1993..coli provides means for studying its structure-function relationship through protein engineering...
- The Drosophila acetylcholine receptor subunit D alpha5 is part of an alpha-bungarotoxin binding acetylcholine receptorPeipei Wu
Department of Biological Sciences, Center for the Study of Gene Structure and Function, Hunter College and Graduate Center of the City University of New York, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 280:20987-94. 2005..A peptide-specific antibody raised against the D alpha5 subunit provides further evidence that this subunit is a component of an alpha-bungarotoxin binding nicotinic acetylcholine receptor from the central nervous system of Drosophila...
- Functional expression of bitistatin, a disintegrin with potential use in molecular imaging of thromboembolic diseaseLinda C Knight
Nuclear Medicine Division, Radiology Department, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Protein Expr Purif 39:307-19. 2005..The fusion protein was purified by affinity chromatography, then cleaved enzymatically to release rBitistatin, which was purified by reversed-phase high performance ..
- The growth factor-inducible immediate-early gene 3CH134 encodes a protein-tyrosine-phosphataseC H Charles
Department of Genetics, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago 60612 7309
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:5292-6. 1993..Since 3CH134 expression is controlled transcriptionally and posttranscriptionally, it may represent a class of PTPases whose activity is regulated at the level of protein synthesis and degradation...
- Expression of SMAP-29 cathelicidin-like peptide in bacterial cells by intein-mediated systemCarla Morassutti
Dipartimento di Scienze Agrarie e Ambientali, Universita di Udine, Via delle Scienze, 208 33100 Udine, Italy
Protein Expr Purif 39:160-8. 2005..Peptide purification was carried out by affinity chromatography: the chitin binding domain linked to intein was used to immobilize the chimeric protein on a chitin ..
- Bacterial expression, purification, and characterization of rat kidney-type mitochondrial glutaminaseJohn Kenny
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1870, USA
Protein Expr Purif 31:140-8. 2003..proteins were purified to apparent homogeneity using an incorporated N-terminal His(6)-tag and Ni(2+)-affinity chromatography. The K(M) values for glutamine of the native and recombinant forms of glutaminase were nearly identical...
- Isolation of cucurmoschin, a novel antifungal peptide abundant in arginine, glutamate and glycine residues from black pumpkin seedsH X Wang
Department of Microbiology, College of Biological Science, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
Peptides 24:969-72. 2003..It inhibited translation in a cell-free rabbit reticulocyte lysate system with an IC50 of 1.2 microM. The N-terminal sequence of cucurmoschin was rich in arginine, glutamate and glycine residues...
- A new selenoprotein from human lung adenocarcinoma cells: purification, properties, and thioredoxin reductase activityT Tamura
Laboratory of Biochemistry, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0320, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:1006-11. 1996..The selenocysteine-containing TR from the adenocarcinoma cells may be a variant form distinct from rat liver TR...
- Identification, purification and partial characterization of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) in bovine pulmonary artery smooth muscleMalay Mandal
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Kalyani, Kalyani, West Bengal, India
Mol Cell Biochem 254:145-55. 2003..It was also found to be inactive against the serine proteases trypsin and plasmin. The inhibitor was heat and acid resistant and it had the sensitivity to trypsin degradation and reduction-alkylation...
- Transcobalamin from cow milk: isolation and physico-chemical propertiesS N Fedosov
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Arrhus, Denmark
Biochim Biophys Acta 1292:113-9. 1996..In conclusion we have shown that TC is the main Cbl-binding protein in cow milk. This is surprising, since previous studies on human and rat milk have shown another Cbl-binder, apo-haptocorrin, to be the dominating Cbl-binding protein...
- High-level expression and purification of untagged and histidine-tagged HIV-1 reverse transcriptaseEsther W Hou
Laboratory of Structural Biology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Protein Expr Purif 34:75-86. 2004....
- Molecular cloning, expression, purification, and mass spectrometric characterization of 3C-like protease of SARS coronavirusHaifang Sun
Drug Discovery and Design Center, State Key Lab of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, China
Protein Expr Purif 32:302-8. 2003..The highly yielded ( approximately 15mg/L) expressed protease was purified by use of NTA-Ni(2+) affinity chromatography and FPLC system, and its sequence was determined by LC/MS with the residue coverage of 46.4%.
- Identification of intracellular target proteins of the calcium-signaling protein S100A12Takashi Hatakeyama
Department of Signal Transduction Sciences, Kagawa University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Eur J Biochem 271:3765-75. 2004..Using S100A12 affinity chromatography, we have identified cytosolic NADP+-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH), fructose-1,6-bisphosphate ..
- ADAM 12 cleaves extracellular matrix proteins and correlates with cancer status and stageRoopali Roy
Program in Vascular Biology and Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 279:51323-30. 2004..ADAM 12 from the urine of breast cancer patients via Q-Sepharose anion exchange and gelatin-Sepharose affinity chromatography followed by protein identification by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization-time of flight mass ..
- Intein-mediated rapid purification of recombinant human pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptideRong-Jie Yu
Bio-engineering Institute of Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 36:759-66. 2004..After the PACAP-intein-CBD fusion protein was purified by chitin-affinity chromatography, the self-cleavage activity of the intein was induced by DTT and the rhPACAP was released from the chitin-..
- Structural modeling of dual-affinity purified Pho84 phosphate transporterJens O Lagerstedt
Department of Chemistry and Biomedical Sciences, Kalmar University, S 391 82 Kalmar, Sweden
FEBS Lett 578:262-8. 2004..The line shape from labels located at both positions is consistent with the structural environment predicted by the template-generated model, thus supporting the model...
- ROBBINS Glycosylation and Glycosidases-Cell and Molecular BiologyPhillips W Robbins; Fiscal Year: 2010..Fourth, wheat germ agglutinin and Concanavalin A affinity chromatography dramatically enriches the N-glycomes (glycoproteins with N-glycans composed of GlcNAc2) of Giardia and ..
- Selection and Characterization of PSMA Ligands from Phage-Displayed LibrariesGary Fujii; Fiscal Year: 2006..Each anti-PSMA RRP fusion protein will be expressed in a bacterial system and purified by affinity chromatography. Anti-PSMA RRPs will then be tested in vitro for binding to purified PSMA ectodomain using qualitative ..
- PROTEIN-CARBOHYDRATE INTERACTIONIrwin Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 1990..in amounts sufficient to study its metal binding properties (by CD spectroscopy and metal chelate affinity chromatography) and to prepare antibodies to assay for homologous regions in other legume lectins...
- DETOXICATION OF XENOBIOTICS IN ERYTHROCYTESYOGESH AWASTHI; Fiscal Year: 1999..Dnp-SG ATPase will be purified from human erytocytes and other tissues by Dnp-SG affinity chromatography and immunoaffinity chromatography to determine its structural and functional properties...
- PURIFICATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF ADENOSINE RECEPTORSJoel Linden; Fiscal Year: 1993..We will use immunoblots to identify G proteins that are copurified by agonist affinity chromatography with A1 receptors from brain and adipose tissue...
- BIOLOGY OF TRABECULAR MESHWORK IN HEALTH AND DISEASEBEATRICE YUE; Fiscal Year: 1993..and in primary, first- and second-passage cell cultures will be determined by gel electrophoresis, affinity chromatography, immunoprecipitation, and other methods...
- MOLECULAR APPROACH TO HUMAN ALLERGYSusan MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2002..HRF did not show direct binding to IgE+ as evidenced by ELISA technology and affinity chromatography. The investigator's recent data demonstrate that HRF primes all basophils for HR, IL-4 and IL-13 protein ..
- DETOXICATION OF XENOBIOTICS IN ERYTHROCYTESYOGESH AWASTHI; Fiscal Year: 1993..Dnp-SG ATPase purified through affinity chromatography will be analyzed for its amino acid composition, N-terminal sequence(s), subunit composition, and ..
- 14 3 3 Implications in Topoisomerase II PharmacologyDavid Kroll; Fiscal Year: 2003..Using reciprocal affinity chromatography and co-immunoprecipitation methods, we have shown that 14-3-3e, but NOT the G2 arrest protein 14-3-3E, ..
- MECHANISM OF INITIATION OF PROTEIN BIOSYNTHESISJOHN HERSHEY; Fiscal Year: 2000..will express fusion proteins tagged with his6, then purify the eIF3 complex by Ni or glutathione affinity chromatography and analyze the subunit composition...
- Monoclonal Antibodies Against T-Regulatory CellsAlan Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2005..human lgG1 to create a fusion protein that can be produced in quantity and purified simply with Protein-A affinity chromatography. Purified human CD25-Fc will then be used in panning experiments using the MRC phage display library to ..
- Small molecule protein-glycan inhib. as malaria transmission-blocking therapueticRHOEL DAVID RAMOS DINGLASAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..glycosaminoglycan interactions involves (1) identifying novel lectin-like ookinete molecules by glycan-affinity chromatography and mass spectrometry, (2) characterizing their functional role in vivo through the production of gene ..
- MEMBRANES OF THE DENTAL PATHOGEN STREPTOCOCCUS MUTANSL Jeannine Brady; Fiscal Year: 2007..Two-D gel electrophoresis, yeast two-hybrid, Ffh-GST affinity chromatography and affinity chromatography will be employed...
- BIOSPECIFIC POLYMER ENZYME CONJUGATES FOR DRUG DELIVERYGLEN KWON; Fiscal Year: 2004..A biotin moiety may mediate the separation of PEG-CPA conjugate by affinity chromatography, fractionating in terms of number of attached biotinylated PEG on CPA using an immobilized monomeric ..