Summary: A prosthetic appliance for the replacement of areas of the maxilla, mandible, and face, missing as a result of deformity, disease, injury, or surgery. When the prosthesis replaces portions of the mandible only, it is referred to as MANDIBULAR PROSTHESIS.
Publications138 found, 100 shown here
- Maxillofacial rehabilitation of a large facial defect resulting from an arteriovenous malformation utilizing a two-piece prosthesisDonna M Hecker
Department of Restorative Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn 55455, USA
J Prosthet Dent 89:109-13. 2003..The pathogenesis and therapeutic alternatives for arteriovenous malformations is also discussed...
- Maxillofacial reconstruction with prefabricated osseous free flaps: a 3-year experience with 24 patientsDennis Rohner
Craniofacial Center Hirslanden, Aarau, Switzerland
Plast Reconstr Surg 112:748-57. 2003..Although it involves a two-stage procedure, the time for complete rehabilitation is shorter than with conventional procedures...
- Reconstruction of maxillary defects: the case for prosthetic rehabilitationArun B Sharma
Division of Prosthodontics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0758, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1770-3. 2005
- A protocol for maxillary reconstruction following oncology resection using zygomatic implantsJohn G Boyes-Varley
Division of Maxillo Facial and Oral Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Int J Prosthodont 20:521-31. 2007..This protocol simplifies the rehabilitation and management of these defects by reducing surgical intervention, hosptilization, postoperative morbidity and treatment time, and prosthodontic procedural complications...
- Reconstruction of total maxillectomy defect with implant-retained obturator prosthesisCemal Aydin
N Y State Dent J 73:38-41. 2007..Osseointegrated implants and ball attachments were used to provide retention, support and stability of the definitive obturator. Mastication, deglutition, articulation and the midfacial profile of the patient were rehabilitated...
- Patient satisfaction with maxillofacial prosthesis. Literature reviewMarcelo Coelho Goiato
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Sao Paulo State University, Araçatuba Dental School, Brazil
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 62:175-80. 2009..aimed to search information in database and conduct a literature review on patient satisfaction with maxillofacial prosthesis. The problems experienced by these patients may decrease when specialists keep the patient on regular ..
- Positioning magnets on a multiple/sectional maxillofacial prosthesisMarcelo Coelho Goiato
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araçatuba School of Dentistry, University of the State of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Contemp Dent Pract 8:101-7. 2007..The aim of this report is to describe a quick and simple method of positioning retention magnets when deformed patients are rehabilitated with an oculopalpebral prostheses attached to a maxillary denture/obturator...
- Fabrication of a maxillofacial prosthesis using a computer-aided design and manufacturing systemMitsuhiro Tsuji
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Saga Medical School, Saga 849 0937, Japan
J Prosthodont 13:179-83. 2004..This paper describes a computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) system for the fabrication of maxillofacial prostheses. This system will provide a more consistently accurate reproduction of facial morphology...
- Marginal deterioration of the silicone for facial prosthesis with pigments after effect of storage period and chemical disinfectionAimée Maria Guiotti
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Santa Fé do Sul Dental School, FUNEC, Santa Fé do Sul, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Craniofac Surg 21:142-5. 2010..The use of disinfection did not contribute to the marginal deterioration of polymer (silicone), regardless of the pigmentation and artificial aging...
- Evaluation of dimensional change and detail reproduction in silicones for facial prosthesesMarcelo Coelho Goiato
Department of Dentistry Materials and Prosthesis, Faculty of Dentistry of Aracatuba, University of the State of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Odontol Latinoam 21:85-8. 2008..Regarding detail reproduction, no alteration of values was observed in any of the materials analyzed, regardless of storage period or disinfection...
- Effect of nano-oxide concentration on the mechanical properties of a maxillofacial silicone elastomerYing Han
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
J Prosthet Dent 100:465-73. 2008..Little has been reported on how the mechanical properties of a maxillofacial prosthetic elastomer may be affected by the addition of nanosized oxide particles used as an opacifier...
- Color stability comparison of silicone facial prostheses following disinfectionMarcelo Coelho Goiato
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, UNESP Sao Paulo State University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Prosthodont 18:242-4. 2009..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the color stability of two silicones for use in facial prostheses, under the influence of chemical disinfection and storage time...
- Interactions of pigments and opacifiers on color stability of MDX4-4210/type A maxillofacial elastomers subjected to artificial agingSudarat Kiat-Amnuay
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials, University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston, 77030, USA
J Prosthet Dent 95:249-57. 2006..The color instability and degradation of maxillofacial elastomers limit the function and cosmetic quality of facial prostheses...
- Visual evaluation of color stability after accelerated aging of pigmented and nonpigmented silicones to be used in facial prosthesesDaniela Nardi Mancuso
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araçatuba Dental School, UNESP Sao Paulo State University, Aracatuba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Indian J Dent Res 20:77-80. 2009..The objective of this study was to evaluate by a visual method of comparison the color stability of nonpigmented and pigmented facial silicones after accelerated aging...
- Evaluation of hardness and surface roughness of two maxillofacial silicones following disinfectionMarcelo Coelho Goiato
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthesis, School of Dentistry of Aracatuba, Sao Paulo State University, Aracatuba, SP, Brazil
Braz Oral Res 23:49-53. 2009..MDX 4-4210 (28.59 Shore A, 0.789 Ra) presented higher values than Silastic 732 RTV (18.08 Shore A, 0.656 Ra) for both properties. Regarding the disinfection period, there was no significant difference in any of the materials tested...
- Color stability after accelerated aging of two silicones, pigmented or not, for use in facial prosthesesDaniela Nardi Mancuso
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry of Aracatuba, Sao Paulo State University, Aracatuba, SP, Brazil
Braz Oral Res 23:144-8. 2009..The cosmetic powder used in this study was the pigment that most altered the color of the test specimens...
- Effect of opacifiers on color stability of pigmented maxillofacial silicone A-2186 subjected to artificial agingSudarat Kiat-Amnuay
Assistant Professor, Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials, The University of Texas, Houston Health Science Center, Dental Branch, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Prosthodont 11:109-16. 2002....
- Extra-oral craniofacial endosseous implants and radiotherapyM M Abu-Serriah
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Glasgow Dental Hospital and School, UK
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 32:585-92. 2003..The EOECI rehabilitation and osteoradionecrosis and the evidence of the potential role of hyperbaric oxygen are reviewed. Strategies for improving the clinical outcome of EOECIs are suggested...
- An elastomeric material for facial prostheses: synthesis, experimental and numerical testing aspectsKathryn Bellamy
Matrix Biology and Tissue Repair Research Unit, Department of Dental Health and Biological Sciences, Dental School, University of Wales College of Medicine, CF14 4XY Cardiff, UK
Biomaterials 24:5061-6. 2003..This preliminary study will serve as a basis to introduce more complex features such as viscoelasticity and wrinkling of the soft polymeric structure in order to optimise the performances of the final prosthetic material...
- Comparison of maxillary implant-supported prosthesis in irradiated and non-irradiated patientsYingguang Cao
Center of Stomatological Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 23:209-12. 2003..01). It was concluded that the implants and prostheses in irradiated patients have significantly lower survival rates than in non-irradiated patients...
- Maxillary and mandibular osteosyntheses with PLGA and P(L/DL)LA implants: a 5-year inpatient biocompatibility and degradation experienceConstantin A Landes
Maxillofacial and Facial Plastic Surgery, J W Goethe University Medical Center, Frankfurt, Germany
Plast Reconstr Surg 117:2347-60. 2006..e., swelling, osteolyses, and fistulation), indirect implant degradation (i.e., palpability and radiographic reossification), and direct implant degradation (i.e., molecular weight and crystallinity of explants)...
- Maxillofacial prosthetic management of the maxillary resection patientSteven P Haug
Division of Prosthodontics, Restorative Dentistry, Indiana University School of Dentistry, 1121 West Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Atlas Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am 15:51-68. 2007
- [Specificity of prosthetic dental rehabilitation in cleft lip and palate sequels]G Raoul
Département universitaire de chirurgie maxillofacial et stomatologie, rez de chaussée hôpital B Roger Salengro, Rue Emile Laine, CHRU de Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 108:378-82. 2007..If previous management of the cleft patient did not provide normal occlusion, dental rehabilitation is the alternative. We describe implant-supported prosthesis; implant stabilized prosthesis, bridge, and maxillofacial prosthesis.
- Development of a static and dynamic simulator for osteosyntheses of the mandibleM Karoglan
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Technical University Munich, Munich, Germany
Technol Health Care 14:449-55. 2006..Therefore an ethically correct and economically reasonable testing of industrial products and clinical methods of osteosynthesis can be performed with this simulator...
- Brain abscess by mycotic and bacterial infection in a diabetic patient: clinical report and review of literatureValentina Pellacchia
Second Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of Rome La Sapienza, Azienda Ospedaliera S Andrea, Maxillo facial Surgery, Rome, Italy
J Craniofac Surg 17:578-84. 2006..The authors decided to position an intraoral prosthesis to restore palatal integrity and masticatory function and inserted four titanium fixtures for the retention of the bone-anchored facial prosthesis...
- Midface volume replacement with a transmaxillary implantSteven Burres
Aesthetic Plast Surg 29:1-4; discussion 5. 2005..Volume replacement is an essential component of midface rejuvenation. Previously designed alloplastic implants augment bony prominences. The Maxout implant was configured to add height to the lowest surface, the canine fossa...
- Systematic review of the evidence supporting intra-oral maxillofacial prosthodontic careJ Fraser McCord
Unit of Prosthodontics, University Dental Hospital of Manchester, UK
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 12:129-35. 2004..Finally, suggestions for future research in the field of maxillofacial prosthodontics are made...
- [Efficacy of use of X-ray contrast carbon material in maxillo-facial surgery]R V Golovin
Stomatologiia (Mosk) 84:28-32. 2005..It was successful and the samples were visualized. In these cases spiral computed tomography is the optimal tool to make all deformation volume clear, to plan operative interventions and to observe the treatment results...
- A hollow-bulb interim obturator for maxillary resection. A case reportB Rilo
Prosthodontics Department, Faculty of Medicine and Odontology, Santiago de Compostela University, Spain
J Oral Rehabil 32:234-6. 2005..The advantages of this approach are rapid construction and ease of ongoing adjustment during the healing process...
- Nasoalveolar molding for infants born with clefts of the lip, alveolus, and palateBarry H Grayson
Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, New York University Medical Center, NY 10016, USA
Clin Plast Surg 31:149-58, vii. 2004..Preservation of these presurgical changes is achieved through the coordinated and modified surgical technique of the primary cleft repair...
- In vitro effect of microwave irradiation on the retentive force of magnetsJames C Lemon
M D Anderson Canncer Center and University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Dental Branch, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Prosthet Dent 91:368-73. 2004..Few studies have addressed the possible effect(s) of microwave irradiation on the magnetic properties of "permanent" magnets during the fabrication of dental and maxillofacial prostheses...
- Effects of defect configuration, size, and remaining teeth on masticatory function in post-maxillectomy patientsS Koyama
Maxillofacial Prosthetics Clinic, Tohoku University Hospital, Sendai, Japan
J Oral Rehabil 32:635-41. 2005..648, P=0.001). The presence of teeth, the size and configuration of the defect influenced the masticatory function of post-maxillectomy patients with obturator prostheses...
- Primary reconstruction of the maxilla following maxillectomy with or without sacrifice of the orbitNeal D Futran
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1765-9. 2005
- Functional reconstruction of maxilla with titanium mesh and pedicled buccal fat pad flapGuan fu Chen
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:334-6. 2005
- Surface modification of an experimental silicone rubber maxillofacial material to improve wettabilityTariq Aziz
Department of Basic Dental Science, College of Medicine, University of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XY, UK
J Dent 31:213-6. 2003..The purpose of the study was to surface modify an experimental silicone rubber material in order to improve wettability...
- A mechanically retained, four part oral and facial prosthesis: a clinical reportLeanne M Sykes
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, School of Oral Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, PO Wits, 2050, Johannesburg, South Africa
SADJ 58:11-5. 2003..This provided a functional prosthesis as well as psychological benefits to the patient who had no access to medical facilities or supplies in her rural home town...
- Facial prosthetic rehabilitation: preprosthetic surgical techniques and biomaterialsJames C Lemon
Section of Oncologic Dentistry, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 13:255-62. 2005..Teamwork between the surgeon and maxillofacial prosthodontist will ensure an optimal surgical preparation and definitive prosthesis...
- [From the concept of permanent percutaneous connections to that of permanent percutaneous electrical connections]P Sabin
Service d'ORL, , Suresnes
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 102:283-8. 2001..an extra-oral implant provides two main functions: support of bone anchored hearing aid (BAHA) and fixing maxillofacial prosthesis (MFP)...
- New organosilicon maxillofacial prosthetic materialsJ H Lai
LAI Laboratories, Inc, 12101 16th Avenue South, Burnsville, MN 55337, USA
Dent Mater 18:281-6. 2002..The purpose of this study is to evaluate the physical properties of new prosthetic materials based on methacryloxypropyl-terminated polydimethylsiloxane (MPDS-MF), and to compare the properties with those of A-2186...
- Preshaped hydroxyapatite tricalcium-phosphate implant using three-dimensional computed tomography in the reconstruction of bone deformities of craniomaxillofacial regionHideyuki Tada
Division of Plastic Surgery, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo Cho, Kashihara, Nara 634 8521, Japan
J Craniofac Surg 13:287-92. 2002....
- [Magnet-retained orbital-zygomatic prosthesis--a case report]Udo F Schneider
Universitatsklinik fur Zahn, Mund und Kieferheilkunde Abteilung Poliklinik für Zahnärztliche Prothetik, Klinikum der Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg
Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed 112:342-54. 2002
- Residual facial disfigurement after the ablative surgery of a lachrymal gland carcinoma: a clinical report of the prosthetic rehabilitationL Ciocca
Section of Oral and Maxillofacial Prosthetic Rehabilitation, Department of Oral Science, Alma Mater Sudiorum University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Indian J Cancer 41:85-8. 2004..A rehabilitation with a maxillofacial prosthesis was proposed to restore the aesthetic appearance of the patient without inserting craniofacial implants...
- A maxillary lip prosthesis retained by an obturator with attachments: A clinical reportMeiko Oki
Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Prosthet Dent 88:135-8. 2002..The thin margin of the lip prosthesis ensured that it adapted well to functional movements...
- A study on reproducing silicone shade guide for maxillofacial prostheses matching Indian skin colorSatyabodh S Guttal
Department of Prosthodontics, SDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Sattur, Dharwad 580 009, Karnataka State, India
Indian J Dent Res 19:191-5. 2008..The use of powder colors to help develop a simplified silicone shade guide to aid in the fabrication of silicone facial prostheses for Indian patients has been described here...
- A long-term retrospective outcome assessment of facial growth, secondary surgical need, and maxillary lateral incisor status in a surgical-orthodontic protocol for complete cleftsSheldon W Rosenstein
Cleft Lip and Palate Program at Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Ill, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 111:1-13; discussion 14-6. 2003....
- Combined modality treatment of Ewing's sarcoma of the maxillaLeonard H Wexler
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, Box 210, New York, New York 10021, USA
Head Neck 25:168-72. 2003..Primary bone sarcomas arising in osseous structures of the head and neck are rare. These tumors are often incompletely resected and treated with radiotherapy for local control...
- Simple maxillary reconstruction using free tissue transfer and prosthesesMinoru Sakuraba
Division of Head and Neck Surgery, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Chiba, Japan
Plast Reconstr Surg 111:594-8; discussion 599-600. 2003..Speech function was rated as excellent on Hirose's scoring system for Japanese speech ability. The authors believe that their method of palatomaxillary reconstruction is both simple and reliable...
- Use of the infra hyoid musculo-cutaneous flap in soft palate reconstructionP Gangloff
Head and Neck Surgery Unit, Oncologic Surgery Department, Centre Alexis Vautrin, Avenue de Bourgogne, Brabois, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy Cedex, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:1165-9. 2006..from oropharynx who underwent infra hyoid musculo-cutaneous flap reconstruction including soft palate in alternative to free radial forearm flap or maxillofacial prosthesis. Post operative radiotherapy was performed for all patients.
- CAD/CAM ear model and virtual construction of the moldLeonardo Ciocca
Section of Oral and Maxillofacial Rehabilitation, Department of Oral Science, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Prosthet Dent 98:339-43. 2007This article describes a technique to make an implant-retained maxillofacial prosthesis using CAD/CAM technology and a rapid prototyping machine...
- Relationship between symptoms of dryness and moisture levels in patients with maxillofacial prosthesesMamoru Murakami
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Prosthodontics, Field of Oral and Maxillofacial Rehabilitation, Course for Advanced Therapeutics, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, Japan
J Prosthodont Res 54:65-9. 2010..This study aimed to examine the relationship between symptoms of dry mouth and the moisture levels in patients with maxillofacial prostheses...
- Binder's maxillo-nasal dysplasia: report of a caseP A Akeredolu
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idiaraba, Lagos, Nigeria
Odontostomatol Trop 30:5-8. 2007..Her principal complaint was the associated missing incisors. The incisors and the premaxilla were satisfactorily replaced with a removable maxillofacial prosthesis.
- CAD-CAM prosthetically guided bone regeneration using preformed titanium mesh for the reconstruction of atrophic maxillary archesL Ciocca
Section of Prosthodontics, Department of Oral Science, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Via S Vitale 59, 40125, Bologna, Italy
Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin 16:26-32. 2013..The protocol presented here is a viable, reproducible way to determine the correct bone augmentation for the final implant-supported prosthetic rehabilitation...
- The application of rapid prototyping in prosthodonticsJian Sun
Department of Prosthodontics, Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, School of Medicine, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Stomatology, Shanghai, China
J Prosthodont 21:641-4. 2012..Many people could benefit from this new technology through various forms of dental prosthesis production. Traditional prosthodontic practices could also be changed by RP techniques in the near future...
- Mechanical properties of human bone surrounding plateau root form implants retrieved after 0.3-24 years of functionMarta Baldassarri
Department of Biomaterials and Biomimetics, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, USA
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 100:2015-21. 2012..3). This work suggests that human cortical bone around plateau root form implants presents an increase in elastic modulus and hardness during the first 5 years following implantation and presents stable mechanical properties thereafter...
- Jaw in a day: total maxillofacial reconstruction using digital technologyJamie P Levine
Department of Plastic Surgery, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 131:1386-91. 2013..In current practice, dental reconstruction is delayed for 3 to 6 months, leaving the patient without teeth in the interim. This can be disfiguring and anxiety provoking for the patient...
- Upper lip prosthesis retained to a palatal obturatorMarcelo Coelho Goiato
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry of Aracatuba, Unesp Univ Estadual Paulista, Aracatuba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Craniofac Surg 22:e59-62. 2011..The prosthesis insertion restored the patient's facial aesthetics, contributing not only to function, but also to psychosocial adaptation...
- Scope of prosthodontic services for patients with head and neck cancerS S Mantri
Department of Prosthodontics, Hitkarini Dental College and Hospital, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India
Indian J Cancer 49:39-45. 2012..Normal function may not be achieved but optimal function should always be achieved and the patients can lead a near to normal life...
- Rehabilitation of an extraoral and intraoral defect complicated with microstomia. A study caseL M Abdulhadi
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 20:81-5. 2012..This resulted in practically good retention, placement, and adaptation of the two parts of the prosthesis...
- Fabrication of temporary speech bulb prosthesis: A clinical reportK Kasim Mohamed
Department of Prosthodontics, Sri Ramachandra Dental College, Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai, India
J Indian Prosthodont Soc 10:71-4. 2010b>Maxillofacial prosthesis is an art and science which not only replaces the lost structure sometimes it restores the functions also...
- A pilot study in the application of texture relief for digitally designed facial prosthesesD Eggbeer
The National Centre for Product Design and Development Research, The University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, UK
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 220:705-14. 2006..The suitability of the technologies is commented upon, limitations discussed, and future directions identified...
- Orofacial rehabilitation of patients with post-cancer treatment--an overview and report of three casesK S Guttal
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, SDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Sattur, Dharwad, India
Indian J Cancer 47:59-64. 2010..This article presents an overview of the orofacial rehabilitation of postcancer treatments along with case reports...
- Can we assess quality of life in patients with head and neck cancer? A preliminary report from the American Academy of Maxillofacial ProstheticsDonna M Hecker
Clinical Dental Specialist, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Minneapolis, Minn, USA
J Prosthet Dent 88:344-51. 2002..This article provides background on previous quality-of-life studies and reviews the need for and aims of the AAMP assessment instrument...
- Survival rate of zygomatic implants in atrophic or partially resected maxillae prior to functional loading: a retrospective clinical reportRoger A Zwahlen
Department of Cranio Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital of Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, CH 8126 Zürich, Switzerland
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 21:413-20. 2006..The purpose of this article was to evaluate the survival rate of 34 remote anchorage implants placed in 18 patients from placement to uncovering, prior to any prosthetic loading...
- Wettability, water sorption and water solubility of seven silicone elastomers used for maxillofacial prosthesesAnna Karin Hulterström
NIOM Scandinavian Institute of Dental Materials, P O Box 70, Haslum 1305, Norway
J Mater Sci Mater Med 19:225-31. 2008..The results of this study also suggests that it might be of interest to test sorption and solubility of materials that are to be implanted, since most of the materials had some solubility...
- Effects of radiation therapy on craniofacial and dental implants: a review of the literatureStefan Ihde
Gommiswald Dental Clinic, Gommiswald, Switzerland
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 107:56-65. 2009..Our purpose was to explore the risks of irradiation regarding dose levels, timing of radiation, implant location, and material...
- Adhesion of maxillofacial silicone elastomer to a fiber-reinforced composite resin frameworkRosita Kantola
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Diseases, Vaasa Central Hospital, Finland
Int J Prosthodont 24:582-8. 2011..The purpose of this research was to study the tensile bond strength between a room temperature-polymerized maxillofacial silicone elastomer and a unidirectional FRC...
- Application of a specially designed palatal lift prosthesis to a patient with velopharyngeal incompetence due to severe brain injuryKosuke Honda
Quintessence Int 38:e316-20. 2007....
- Biomaterials and biomechanics of oral and maxillofacial implants: current status and future developmentsJ B Brunski
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York 12180 3590, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 15:15-46. 2000..A worthwhile task for the future is to find ways to more effectively deliver products of research into the hands of clinicians...
- Rehabilitation of nose using silicone based maxillofacial prosthesisBilal Ahmed
Department of Prosthodontics and Oral Implantology, University of Faisalabad, Faisalabad
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 20:65-7. 2010..This report presents a case of prosthetic rehabilitation of the nasal component of the face secondary to nasal leishmaniasis, using precision attachment retained maxillofacial prosthesis.
- Interfacial corrections of maxillofacial elastomers for Kubelka-Munk theory using non-contact measurementsXingxue Hu
Section of Restorative and Prosthetic Dentistry, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Dent Mater 25:1163-8. 2009..The objective is to determine which IRC method for Kubelka-Munk theory (K-MT) models the spectral reflectance of pigmented maxillofacial elastomer (MFE) with least error...
- Change in a maxillo-facial prosthesis material effecting from environmental factors: a clinical reportFiliz Keyf
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
J Biomater Appl 16:259-66. 2002..The prosthesis was changed from environmental factors such as sunlight, wetting and drying, cleaning and secretions. Facial prosthesis was fabricated anew because of color changes and surface changes...
- Optical data acquisition for computer-assisted design of facial prosthesesChristoph Runte
Department of Prosthodontics, Center for Dental Medicine, University of Munster, Waldeyerstrasse 30, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Int J Prosthodont 15:129-32. 2002..The purpose of this study was to establish a system that allows contact-free reproduction of the facial surface combined with computer-assisted design and fabrication of facial prostheses...
- A new prosthodontic approach for craniofacial implant-retained maxillofacial prosthesesAnsgar C Cheng
University of Toronto, Canada
J Prosthet Dent 88:224-8. 2002..Remakes of craniofacial implant-retained prostheses may require significant time and incur additional costs. An alternative procedure is presented to improve the predictability of such prostheses...
- A fiber-reinforced composite prosthesis restoring a lateral midfacial defect: a clinical reportHemmo Kurunmäki
Vaasa Central Hospital, Vaasa, Finland
J Prosthet Dent 100:348-52. 2008....
- [Research and application of computer-aided technology in restoration of maxillary defect]Xiaosheng Cheng
College of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 357, Nanjing 210016, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 25:762-5. 2008..The exported design data can be manufactured using rapid prototyping technology and foundry technology. Finally, the result proved that this method is effective and feasible...
- [Application of the palatal ramp in a reconstructed mandibulectomy patient]Junko Nakajima
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, National Defense Medical College
Nihon Hotetsu Shika Gakkai Zasshi 52:388-91. 2008..A mandibular denture and maxillary prosthesis with palatal ramp were fabricated to provide sufficient occlusal contacts and bilateral balanced occlusion...
- Effect of disinfection and accelerated aging on color stability of colorless and pigmented facial siliconeAldiéris Alves Pesqueira
Private Practice, Aracatuba, Brazil Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, UNESP, Sao Paulo State University, Aracatuba, Brazil Division of Restorative Dentistry, Division of Dental Materials, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba School of Dentistry, Piracicaba, Brazil
J Prosthodont 20:305-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the color stability of a facial silicone with different pigmentations submitted to disinfection and accelerated aging...
- [Extra-oral implants: surgical procedures]M Brix
Service de Chirurgie Maxillo-faciale et de Stomatologie, CHU, 2 place St. Jacques,
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 102:243-7. 2001..Besides surgical procedure, careful bone and peri-abutment suture are required for success...
- Application of an automatic conversation intelligibility test system using computerized speech recognition techniqueMariko Hattori
Clinics for Oral and Maxillofacial Rehabilitation, University Hospital, Faculty of Dentistry Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Prosthodont Res 54:7-13. 2010..In this study, the system was remodeled employing sentences as test stimuli to overcome the shortcomings. The new system was used to evaluate speech of normal adults and maxillectomy patients...
- Color stability of facial silicone prosthetic polymers after outdoor weatheringG L Polyzois
School of Dentistry, University of Athens, Greece
J Prosthet Dent 82:447-50. 1999..Color deterioration of silicone prosthetic elastomers affects the life expectancy of facial prostheses in a service environment...
- Changes in appearance of silicone elastomers for maxillofacial prostheses as a result of agingA K Hulterström
Department of Odontology, Umea University, Sweden
Int J Prosthodont 12:498-504. 1999..The purpose of this study was to investigate the influence of certain defined variables on color and opacity of silicone elastomers for maxillofacial prostheses...
- Effect of adhesive retention on maxillofacial prostheses. Part I: skin dressings and solvent removersS Kiat amnuay
School of Dentistry, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292 0001, USA
J Prosthet Dent 84:335-40. 2000..SP improved adhesion of both SMA (15%) and E3 (27%). SMA was still far more retentive. US had no effect on retention. SMA remained on the prostheses, whereas E3 left a difficult-to-remove residue on the skin...
- Effect of time passage on some physical properties of silicone maxillofacial elastomersGregory L Polyzois
Division of Removable Prosthodontics, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Craniofac Surg 22:1617-21. 2011....
- Digital image capture and rapid prototyping of the maxillofacial defectJennifer V Sabol
Department of Prosthodontics, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
J Prosthodont 20:310-4. 2011..This article reviews this technique and how it can be applied to maxillofacial prosthetics...
- Complex midfacial reconstruction with an implant-supported frameworkSerhan Akman
Department of Prosthodontics, University of Selcuk, Faculty of Dentistry, Konya, Turkey
J Craniofac Surg 22:724-6. 2011..A 2-piece prosthesis that composed of an obturator and facial prosthesis was fabricated. Cosmetic improvements as well as the ability to speak, swallow, and, to a lesser degree, chew, were achieved for this patient...
- Virtual transplantation in designing a facial prosthesis for extensive maxillofacial defects that cross the facial midline using computer-assisted technologyZhi Hong Feng
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical Academy, Chang le West Road 145, Xian, Shaanxi, P R China
Int J Prosthodont 23:513-20. 2010..The aim of this article was to demonstrate a novel approach to designing facial prostheses using the transplantation concept and computer-assisted technology for extensive, large, maxillofacial defects that cross the facial midline...
- Influence of pigments and opacifiers on color stability of an artificially aged facial siliconeDaniela Micheline dos Santos
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araçatuba Dental School, UNESP, Aracatuba, Brazil
J Prosthodont 20:205-8. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the influence of two pigments (ceramic powder and oil paint) and one opacifier (barium sulfate) on the color stability of MDX4-4210 facial silicone submitted to accelerated aging...
- Hardness evaluation of prosthetic silicones containing opacifiers following chemical disinfection and accelerated agingMarcelo Coelho Goiato
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araçatuba Dental School, Sao Paulo State University, Aracatuba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Braz Oral Res 24:303-8. 2010..All groups displayed greater hardness after 1,008 hours of accelerated aging independent of disinfectant type. All of the hardness values were within the clinically acceptable range...
- TGF-beta1 and VEGF after fresh frozen bone allograft insertion in oral-maxillo-facial surgeryL F Rodella
Department of Biomedical Science Biotechnology Section of Human Anatomy, University of Brescia, 25124 Brescia, Italy
Histol Histopathol 25:463-71. 2010..However, the regenerated alveolar bone, collected six months after the graft insertion surgery, showed wide areas of non-calcified matrix. TGF-beta1 and VEGF were less expressed in FFB than in regenerated alveolar bone...
- [Removable partial dentures in maxillo-facial prosthetics]H Reintsema
Centrum voor Bijzondere Tandheelkunde, Afdeling Kaakchirurgie, Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen en de Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
Ned Tijdschr Tandheelkd 116:677-85. 2009..Despite this trend, removable partial dentures are still the treatment of choice in head and neck oncology rehabilitation and in cleft and trauma patients...
- Color stability of polymers for facial prosthesisDaniela Micheline dos Santos
Faculty of Dentistry of Aracatuba, Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Sao Paulo State University, Brazil
J Craniofac Surg 21:54-8. 2010..Aging for 1008 hours represented a significant influence on color alteration of all resins. All materials presented chromatic alteration after accelerated artificial aging...
- Analysis of translucency of skin by volume reflection for color formulation of facial prosthesesAnke Korfage
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Int J Prosthodont 22:623-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to analyze the translucency of skin at different body sites by measuring volume reflection in a cohort of Caucasian individuals...
- Mechanical properties and bonding of maxillofacial silicone elastomersMuhanad M Hatamleh
Biomaterials Research Group, School of Dentistry, University of Manchester, Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester M14 5FH, UK
Dent Mater 26:185-91. 2010..The purpose of this study was to investigate the mechanical properties of recently and previously introduced maxillofacial silicone elastomers and their bond strength to acrylic resin substrate...
- [Effects of unilateral cleft lip and palate prosthesis on the development of maxillary and facial soft tissue]B Fang
Department of Stomatology, Second Clinical College of China Medical University
Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 19:225-8. 2001..The excavation of bony middle 1/3 in face results in paramorphia of soft tissue adhering on the bony tissue. We can conclude that in order to obtain better articulation function, the palatoplasty should be carried out early...
- Valentin Ashkenazi--1950 Zahal disabled veteranD Almog
Dental Implant and Reconstruction Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Refuat Hapeh Vehashinayim 24:73-4. 2007
- Developments in reconstruction of midface and maxillaNeal D Futran
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Street Box 356515, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Lancet Oncol 7:249-58. 2006..Traditionally, these defects would have been repaired by a maxillofacial prosthesis but advances in tissue transfers, particularly of microvascular free flaps, have greatly increased ..
- Management of bilateral cleft lip and nasal deformityAnnette M Pham
Department of Otolaryngology, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, 95817, USA
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 14:278-82. 2006..Management of bilateral cleft lip and nasal deformity can be a challenging task. This paper provides an overview of bilateral cleft lip and nasal deformity with an updated review of current management issues in the literature...
- A survey of the UK maxillofacial laboratory service: profiles of staff and workJ Watson
Department of Adult Dental Care, School of Clinical Dentistry, University of Sheffield, Claremont Crescent, Sheffield, UK
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 44:406-10. 2006..Fifty-three laboratory managers (89%) thought that maxillofacial prosthetists and technologists gave psychological support to these patients, but only 12 laboratories (21%) had staff with formal training in counselling...
- Histological analysis of bone/heteroplastic implant interfaces in dog tibiaPaulo Laino Cândido
Department of Anatomy, Methodist University of Sao Paulo, Rua do Sacramento, 230, Sao Bernardo do Campo, 09640 000, SP Brazil
Ann Anat 186:69-73. 2004..In addition, little or no fibrous tissue was observed between the bone and implant surfaces. The titanium implants presented better osseointegration than did the ceramic implant...
- The pediatric patient at a maxillofacial service: Eye prosthesisBeatriz Silva Câmara Mattos
Department of Maxillofacial Sugery, Protheses and Traumatology, School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo
Braz Oral Res 20:247-51. 2006..However, the etiology of eye loss varied according to the considered gender and age bracket...
- Long-term stability of prosthetic treatment of oronasal and oroantral communications- Bartonová
Department of Prosthodontics, 1st Medical Faculty GFH, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Acta Chir Plast 47:85-91. 2005..Attachment retention, fixed and removable denture with metal base are the first method of choice, due to acceptable long-term stability...
- CLINICAL CANCER EDUCATION PROGRAM--ORAL ONCOLOGYHENRY GOLDMAN; Fiscal Year: 1980..surgical, radiation, and head and neck oncologists as well as specialists in voice rehabilitation, maxillofacial prosthesis, pathology and other allied health professionals have been recruited to this effort...
- DONOR SPECIFIC IMMUNOSUPPRESSION TO TRACHEAL ALLOGRAFTSEric Genden; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific Aim II will focus on alternative methods of inducing donor specific tolerance to tracheal allografts. Specific Aim III will focus on the behavior of the tracheal allograft and its affect upon the established state of tolerance. ..
- VELOPHARYNGEAL FUNCTION FOR SPEECH AFTER PALATAL SURGERYWilliam Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, this study may serve as a model for international prospective clinical trials, such as in Russia and Ukraine where treatment of cleft palate is centralized. ..
- Prospective evaluation of immediate temporized implantsMichael Block; Fiscal Year: 2004..Standardized hard and soft tissue data will be collected preextraction as baseline, and then prospectively for at least two years in this trial, to compare and contrast the methods. ..
- Facial and Dental Arch Growth Following Palatal SurgeryWilliam Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004..A secondary part of the study will be a long-term follow-up of velopharyngeal function for speech. ..
- Prospective evaluation of immediate temporized implantsMichael Block; Fiscal Year: 2005..Standardized hard and soft tissue data will be collected preextraction as baseline, and then prospectively for at least two years in this trial, to compare and contrast the methods. ..
- Facial and Dental Arch Growth Following Palatal SurgeryWilliam Williams; Fiscal Year: 2005..A secondary part of the study will be a long-term follow-up of velopharyngeal function for speech. ..
- Prospective evaluation of immediate temporized implantsMichael Block; Fiscal Year: 2006..Standardized hard and soft tissue data will be collected preextraction as baseline, and then prospectively for at least two years in this trial, to compare and contrast the methods. ..
- Facial and Dental Arch Growth Following Palatal SurgeryWilliam Williams; Fiscal Year: 2006..A secondary part of the study will be a long-term follow-up of velopharyngeal function for speech. ..
- Prospective evaluation of immediate temporized implantsMichael Block; Fiscal Year: 2007
- Facial and Dental Arch Growth Following Palatal SurgeryWilliam Williams; Fiscal Year: 2007
- Prospective evaluation of immediate temporized implantsMichael Block; Fiscal Year: 2003
- VELOPHARYNGEAL FUNCTION FOR SPEECH AFTER PALATAL SURGERYWilliam Williams; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, this study may serve as a model for international prospective clinical trials, such as in Russia and Ukraine where treatment of cleft palate is centralized. ..
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR TARGETING OF TMJ DESTRUCTIONDAVID TIPTON; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is hoped that completion of these three aims will provide a detailed knowledge of the biological basis of TMJ destruction via synovial fibroblasts and MMP pathway. ..
- VELOPHARYNGEAL FUNCTION FOR SPEECH AFTER PALATAL SURGERYWilliam Williams; Fiscal Year: 2000..In addition, this study may serve as a model for international prospective clinical trials, such as in Russia and Ukraine where treatment of cleft palate is centralized. ..
- VELOPHARYNGEAL FUNCTION FOR SPEECH AFTER PALATAL SURGERYWilliam Williams; Fiscal Year: 2001
- VELOPHARYNGEAL FUNCTION FOR SPEECH AFTER PALATAL SURGERYWilliam Williams; Fiscal Year: 2002
- Facial and Dental Arch Growth Following Palatal SurgeryWilliam Williams; Fiscal Year: 2008