Genomes and Genes
nebulizers and vaporizers
Summary: Devices that cause a liquid or solid to be converted into an aerosol (spray) or a vapor. It is used in drug administration by inhalation, humidification of ambient air, and in certain analytical instruments.
Publications336 found, 100 shown here
- Preliminary data from phase II studies with Respimat, a propellant-free soft mist inhalerD Pavia
Medical Division, Boehringer Ingelheim, Ltd, Bracknell, Berkshire, UK
J Aerosol Med 12:S33-9. 1999..Thus, Respimat promises to be a valuable alternative to conventional CFC-MDIs, with the additional benefit of improved drug targeting to the lungs...
- Effect of incorrect use of dry powder inhalers on management of patients with asthma and COPDFederico Lavorini
Unità Funzionale di Medicina Respiratoria, Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Italy
Respir Med 102:593-604. 2008..Incorrect usage of inhaler devices might have a major influence on the clinical effectiveness of the delivered drug. This issue is poorly addressed in management guidelines...
- Assessment of handling of inhaler devices in real life: an observational study in 3811 patients in primary careM Molimard
Departement de Pharmacologie, CHU Pellegrin Carreire, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Aerosol Med 16:249-54. 2003..There is a need for continued education of prescribers and users in the proper use of these devices to improve treatment efficacy...
- Improving adherence with inhaler therapy in COPDSuzanne C Lareau
College of Nursing, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 5:401-6. 2010..This article reports some of the challenges of medication nonadherence faced by the clinician in the management of COPD, and suggests ways to evaluate and improve adherence effectively in primary care...
- Importance of inhaler-device satisfaction in asthma treatment: real-world observations of physician-observed compliance and clinical/patient-reported outcomesM Small
Adelphi Mill, Adelphi Real World, Grimshaw Lane, Macclesfield, SK10 5JB, UK
Adv Ther 28:202-12. 2011..This paper uses data from a real-world observational study to investigate the extent of the relationship between inhaler satisfaction and patient compliance, and the influence this has on health and patient-reported outcomes...
- Therapy persistence and adherence in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: multiple versus single long-acting maintenance inhalersAndrew P Yu
Analysis Group Inc, Boston, MA, USA
J Med Econ 14:486-96. 2011..To compare persistence and adherence among patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) treated with either multiple- or single- long-acting maintenance inhalers...
- Electrostatic charge characteristics of jet nebulized aerosolsPhilip Chi Lip Kwok
Advanced Drug Delivery Group, Faculty of Pharmacy, The University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 23:149-59. 2010..A modified electrical low pressure impactor (ELPI) was employed to characterize the aerosol charges generated from jet nebulized commercial products...
- Characterization and deposition of respirable large- and small-particle bioaerosolsRichard J Thomas
Defence Science and Technology Laboratory, Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:6437-43. 2008..The aerosols generated by the Collison nebulizer and the FFAG differ with respect to mass distribution, distribution of the entrapped particulates, bacterial survival, and deposition within the murine respiratory tract...
- Tiotropium versus placebo for chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseCharlotta Karner
Population Health Sciences and Education, St George s, University of London, London, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 7:CD009285. 2012....
- Intranasal midazolam vs rectal diazepam for the home treatment of acute seizures in pediatric patients with epilepsyMaija Holsti
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, 295 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:747-53. 2010..To compare intranasal midazolam, using a Mucosal Atomization Device (IN-MMAD), with rectal diazepam (RD) for the home treatment of seizures in children with epilepsy...
- Design, assembly, and validation of a nose-only inhalation exposure system for studies of aerosolized viable influenza H5N1 virus in ferretsRichard S Tuttle
Aerosol Research and Engineering Laboratories, 13300 West 98th Street, Lenexa, Kansas 66215, USA
Virol J 7:135. 2010..Particular attention was paid towards system safety, efficacy of dissemination, the viability of aerosolized virus, and sampling methodology...
- Peripheral deposition of alpha1-protease inhibitor using commercial inhalation devicesP Brand
Clinical Research Group Aerosols in Medicine of the GSF Institute for Inhalation Biology and the Asklepios Clinic for Respiratory Medicine, Gauting, Germany
Eur Respir J 22:263-7. 2003..The higher efficiency of drug delivery using the AKITA system is due to the fact that this device controls breathing patterns, which are optimised for each patient individually...
- Repeated instruction on inhalation technique improves adherence to the therapeutic regimen in asthmaMasaya Takemura
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Kitano Hospital, Tazuke Kofukai, Medical Research Institute, Osaka, Japan
J Asthma 47:202-8. 2010..The objective of this study was to assess the factors and mechanisms that contribute to and the clinical outcomes relating to adherence to inhalation therapy...
- Comparing clinical features of the nebulizer, metered-dose inhaler, and dry powder inhalerDavid E Geller
The Nemours Children s Clinic, Orlando, Florida 32806, USA
Respir Care 50:1313-21; discussion 1321-2. 2005..Clinicians should also have a rudimentary understanding of aerosol principles in order to be able to teach appropriate use of aerosol devices to their patients...
- Scientific rationale for using a single inhaler for asthma controlP J Barnes
Section of Airway Disease, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, Dovehouse St, London SW3 6LY, UK
Eur Respir J 29:587-95. 2007..There is now a strong scientific rationale for single inhaler therapy in asthma, but more research is now needed to better understand the mechanisms involved...
- The efficacy and safety of fluticasone propionate (250 microg)/salmeterol (50 microg) combined in the Diskus inhaler for the treatment of COPDNicola A Hanania
Baylor College of Medicine, Pulmonary Critical Care, Ben Taub General Hospital, 1504 Taub Loop, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Chest 124:834-43. 2003....
- Formulation and cytotoxicity of doxorubicin nanoparticles carried by dry powder aerosol particlesShirzad Azarmi
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alta, Canada T6G 2N8
Int J Pharm 319:155-61. 2006..The cell uptake of free DOX and DOX delivered by nanoparticles was confirmed using confocal laser scanning microscopy. This study supports the approach of lung cancer treatment using nanoparticles in dry powder aerosol form...
- Predictors of incorrect inhalation technique in patients with asthma or COPD: a study using a validated videotaped scoring methodGeert N Rootmensen
Department of Pulmonology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 23:323-8. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of patients' characteristics and type of inhaler device on inhalation technique in patient with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- The need to improve inhalation technique in Europe: a report from the Aerosol Drug Management Improvement TeamG K Crompton
Respiratory Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU, Scotland, UK
Respir Med 100:1479-94. 2006..There is also a need for standardisation of prescribing practices throughout Europe. Regular checking of inhalation technique by prescribers is crucial as correct inhalation is one of the keystones of successful asthma management...
- Correlations to predict droplet size in ultrasonic atomisationR Rajan
Hindustan Lever Research Centre, Whitefield, Bangalore, India
Ultrasonics 39:235-55. 2001..Also, an empirical correlation from experimental data has been proposed in this work...
- Iloprost-containing liposomes for aerosol application in pulmonary arterial hypertension: formulation aspects and stabilityElke Kleemann
Department of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmacy, Philipps University, D 35037 Marburg, Germany
Pharm Res 24:277-87. 2007..The feasibility of liposomes to provide a sustained release formulation to reduce inhalation frequency is evaluated from a technological point of view...
- What happens to patients who have their asthma device switched without their consent?Scott Doyle
Oxford Outcomes, Seacourt Tower, Westway, Botley, Oxford, UK
Prim Care Respir J 19:131-9. 2010..To identify asthma patients who have experienced a non-consented switch (NCS) of their inhaler device and to explore the circumstances and impact of these switches...
- A brief history of inhaled asthma therapy over the last fifty yearsGraham Crompton
Prim Care Respir J 15:326-31. 2006..Over the last 10 years, the long-acting beta-agonists (LABAs) have become an important add-on therapy for the management of asthma, and they are now often used with ICS in a single ICS/LABA combination inhaler...
- Assessment of nasal spray deposition pattern in a silicone human nose model using a color-based methodVipra Kundoor
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Maryland at Baltimore, 20 North Pine Street, Room 647, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Pharm Res 27:30-6. 2010..To develop a simple and inexpensive method to visualize and quantify droplet deposition patterns...
- Lipid nanocapsules: ready-to-use nanovectors for the aerosol delivery of paclitaxelJose Hureaux
Pulmonology Department, Academic Hospital, Angers, France
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 73:239-46. 2009..Chemical parameters, such as acidity and osmolarity, were optimised, and a storage procedure for PTX-LNC batches was set-up. Animal studies are now needed to determine the tolerance and therapeutic potential of LNC dispersion aerosols...
- Inhaled drug delivery: a practical guide to prescribing inhaler devicesP Ernst
Respiratory Division, Montreal General Hospital McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Can Respir J 5:180-3. 1998..Asthma education will be needed to instruct patients on the effective use of the numerous inhalation devices available...
- Efficacy of high-dose nebulized colistin in ventilator-associated pneumonia caused by multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter baumanniiQin Lu
Intensive Care Unit, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, La Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, UPMC Univ, Paris, France
Anesthesiology 117:1335-47. 2012..The aim of the study was to assess efficacy of nebulized colistin for treating ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) caused by multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter baumannii...
- Pulmonary delivery of insulin with nebulized DL-lactide/glycolide copolymer (PLGA) nanospheres to prolong hypoglycemic effectY Kawashima
Gifu Pharmaceutical University, 5 6 1 Mitahora Higashi, Gifu, Japan
J Control Release 62:279-87. 1999..This result could be attributed to the sustained releasing of insulin from the nanospheres deposited widely on to the whole of lung...
- Aerosolized antibiotics for treating hospital-acquired and ventilator-associated pneumoniaG Christopher Wood
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Pharmacy, 881 Madison Avenue, Suite 205, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 9:993-1000. 2011..Adverse events can occur, especially with colistin. When used, care should be taken to properly compound and administer aerosolized antibiotics to ensure tolerability and good drug delivery...
- Description and preliminary evaluation of a new ultrasonic atomizer for spray-congealing processesL Rodriguez
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita degli Studi di Bologna, Via S Donato 40127, Bologna, Italy
Int J Pharm 183:133-43. 1999..The results suggest that the ultrasound-assisted atomizer could be proposed as a possible alternative to traditional atomizers used for spray-congealing in the pharmaceutical field...
- Intensifying the microencapsulation process: ultrasonic atomization as an innovative approachAnnalisa Dalmoro
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche e Biomediche, Universita degli Studi di Salerno, Fisciano, Italy
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 80:471-7. 2012..Fundamentals and novel aspects are presented, and advantages of ultrasonic atomization in terms of intensification and low energy requests are emphasized...
- Deposition of aerosols delivered by nasal route with jet and mesh nebulizersLaurent Vecellio
DTF Aerodrug, Diffusion Technique Française, Tours, France
Int J Pharm 407:87-94. 2011..To quantify the amount of aerosol deposited in different parts of the airways with a commercially available nasal sonic jet nebulizer (NJN) using a sound effect, and to compare its performance with a new nasal mesh nebulizer (NMN)...
- Survey of aerosol delivery techniques to spontaneously breathing tracheostomized childrenL Denise Willis
Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine Division, Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Respir Care 57:1234-41. 2012..Although aerosol delivery can be affected by several factors, no recommendations for device/drug formulation choice are available. We hypothesized that practice modalities will vary among different institutions...
- True device compliance: the need to consider both competence and contrivanceVictoria K Brennan
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Sheffield Children s Hospital, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TH, UK
Respir Med 99:97-102. 2005..Lack of competence, particularly in the elderly, and contrivance, particularly common amongst those using holding chambers, are two important but independent impediments to effective inhaled therapy...
- A randomized study of tiotropium Respimat Soft Mist inhaler vs. ipratropium pMDI in COPDT Voshaar
Medizinische Klinik III, Stiftung Krankenhaus Bethanien für die, Grafschaft Moers, Bethanienstr 21, D 47441 Moers, Germany
Respir Med 102:32-41. 2008..04). The incidence of adverse events was comparable across groups. In conclusion, tiotropium 5 and 10 microg daily, delivered via Respimat SMI, significantly improved lung function compared with ipratropium pMDI and placebo...
- Mucoadhesive nanoparticulate systems for peptide drug deliveryH Takeuchi
Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, 5-6-1 Mitahora-higashi, Gifu 502-8585, Japan
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 47:39-54. 2001....
- Compliance from self-reported versus pharmacy claims data with metered-dose inhalersS R Erickson
College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1065, USA
Ann Pharmacother 35:997-1003. 2001..To determine how well self-reported compliance with metered-dose inhalers (MDIs) agrees with compliance determined from pharmacy claims data. Additional analyses were conducted to establish phychmetric properties of the questionnaire...
- Assessing a system to capture stray aerosol during inhalation of nebulized liposomal cisplatinBart P H Wittgen
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Aerosol Med 19:385-91. 2006..Importantly, because the tent's HEPA filtration system is effective at removing any nebulized liposomal cisplatin, the exhausted air, which is free of platinum, can be returned into the room with no additional ventilation precautions...
- Facemasks and aerosol delivery in vivoSimone Erzinger
Division of Respiratory Medicine, University Children s Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
J Aerosol Med 20:S78-83; discussion S83-4. 2007..8% and 5.2%. Overall face deposition was between 2.6% and 8.4%. The results from this pilot study support the results found in in vitro studies, where a facemask leak greatly reduces drug delivery to the patient...
- Characterization of nebulized liposomal amikacin (Arikace) as a function of droplet sizeZhili Li
Transave, Inc, Monmouth Junction, New Jersey 08852, USA
J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 21:245-54. 2008..The methodology applied here appears useful in evaluating aerosolized liposome systems. However, our results should not be assumed to apply to other liposome/drug compositions and nebulizers...
- Variation in pediatric aerosol delivery: importance of facemaskGerald C Smaldone
Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, SUNY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
J Aerosol Med 18:354-63. 2005..0 +/- 1.6 to 28.6 +/- 2.5%. Facemask seal is a key factor in drug delivery. Leaks around the facemask reduce drug delivery and for pMDI VHCs can negate effects of detergent coating...
- Aerosolized chemotherapyFrederic Gagnadoux
Departement de Pneumologie, CHU, Angers, France
J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 21:61-70. 2008..Further studies integrating safety, pharmacokinetic, and efficacy considerations are required to determine whether there is a place for local administration of chemotherapy via inhalation in lung cancer...
- Inhaled insulin: too soon to be forgotten?Paul Zarogoulidis
Pulmonary Department, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Alexandroupolis, Greece
J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 24:213-23. 2011..In the present review, we will suggest a number of methods that could be applied in this form of administration to maximize drug absorption and fully exploit the advantages of this route of administration...
- Use of dry powder inhalers in COPDD S Wilson
Respiratory Function Unit, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Int J Clin Pract 61:2005-8. 2007....
- Liposomes for drug delivery to the lungs by nebulizationMarco Zaru
Department of Pharmacy, University of Patras, Rio, Greece
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 67:655-66. 2007..Mucoadhesion and A549 cell toxicity studies were in line with this conclusion, however if mucoadhesion is required, improvement may be needed...
- Tiotropium HandiHaler in the treatment of COPD: a safety reviewSteven Kesten
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Ridgefield, CT 06877 0368, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 4:397-409. 2009..We sought to update an evaluation of the safety of tiotropium in the HandiHaler formulation as significant clinical trial data have become available over time...
- Pharmacokinetics and safety of tobramycin administered by the PARI eFlow rapid nebulizer in cystic fibrosisDominique Hubert
CRCM adultes, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, France
J Cyst Fibros 8:332-7. 2009..Nebulization times have been identified as an issue in patient compliance with tobramycin solution for inhalation (TSI) therapy in cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- Counseling about turbuhaler technique: needs assessment and effective strategies for community pharmacistsIman A Basheti
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Respir Care 50:617-23. 2005....
- An in-vitro assessment of a NanoCrystal beclomethasone dipropionate colloidal dispersion via ultrasonic nebulizationK D Ostrander
NanoSystems Division of Elan Pharmaceutical Technologies, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 48:207-15. 1999....
- In vitro comparison of nebulised budesonide (Pulmicort Respules) and beclomethasone dipropionate (Clenil per Aerosol)A Vaghi
Azienda Ospedaliera G Salvini, Garbagnate, Italy
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 18:151-3. 2005..The more favourable particle shape and size of suspended budesonide may explain the higher fine particle dose with Pulmicort Respules versus Clenil per Aerosol...
- Serum tobramycin levels following delivery of tobramycin (Tobi) via eFlow advanced nebuliser in children with cystic fibrosisE L Guy
Leeds Regional Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Centre, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, LS9 7TF, United Kingdom
J Cyst Fibros 9:292-5. 2010..Safety and toxicity data for nebulised tobramycin are mainly derived from use of the Pari LC Plus nebuliser, yet many centres are now using advanced nebulisers, such as the eFlow...
- Inhalatory therapy training: a priority challenge for the physicianAndrea S Melani
Respiratory Physiopathology and Rehabilitation, Cardiothoracic Department, Polyclinic Le Scotte, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Senese, Siena, Italy
Acta Biomed 78:233-45. 2007..Whatever the chosen inhaler, education from health caregivers has a key-role for improving inhaler technique and compliance. Differences among delivery devices represent another challenge to patient use and caregiver instruction...
- A gamma scintigraphy study to investigate lung deposition and clearance of inhaled amikacin-loaded liposomes in healthy male volunteersJeffry Weers
Transave, Inc, Monmouth Junction, New Jersey, USA
J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 22:131-8. 2009..The purpose of this study was to investigate the inhalation of a liposomal formulation of amikacin in healthy male volunteers in terms of pulmonary deposition, clearance, and safety following nebulization with a commercial jet nebulizer...
- Adherence to asthma controller medication regimensD A Stempel
Department of Pediatrics, Infomed Northwest and University of Washington, Bellevue, WA 98004, USA
Respir Med 99:1263-7. 2005....
- Compounded colistimethate as possible cause of fatal acute respiratory distress syndromeKaren S McCoy
N Engl J Med 357:2310-1. 2007
- Formulation strategy and use of excipients in pulmonary drug deliveryGabrielle Pilcer
Laboratory of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Int J Pharm 392:1-19. 2010....
- Customizing inhaled therapy to meet the needs of COPD patientsLeonard Fromer
Department of Family Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90077, USA
Postgrad Med 122:83-93. 2010..The review also considers how the ideas underlying the patient-centered medical home model can be incorporated into the choice and use of inhaler device for a given patient with COPD to improve treatment outcomes...
- Efficacy and safety of ipratropium bromide/albuterol delivered via Respimat inhaler versus MDIR ZuWallack
St Francis Hospital Medical Center, Hartford, CT 06105, USA
Respir Med 104:1179-88. 2010..Clinical Trial Identifier Number: NCT00400153]...
- The expanding role of aerosols in systemic drug delivery, gene therapy, and vaccinationBeth L Laube
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Respir Care 50:1161-76. 2005....
- A novel method for assessing dissolution of aerosol inhaler productsNeal M Davies
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, P O Box 646534, Pullman, WA 99164 6534, USA
Int J Pharm 255:175-87. 2003..This novel technique appears to be a useful method of evaluating dissolution of these glucocorticoids and may also be applied to other respiratory products administered via aerosols...
- Nanoparticle formulations in pulmonary drug deliveryMark M Bailey
Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66047, USA
Med Res Rev 29:196-212. 2009..Here, the benefits of nanoparticle formulations and current progress are compared in light of the practical encumbrances of producing formulations, and possible toxicological effects of these materials...
- Nebulized arformoterol in patients with COPD: a 12-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, double-dummy, placebo- and active-controlled trialRudolf A Baumgartner
Sepracor Inc, Marlborough, Massachusetts 01752, USA
Clin Ther 29:261-78. 2007....
- Nebulization of biodegradable nanoparticles: impact of nebulizer technology and nanoparticle characteristics on aerosol featuresLea Ann Dailey
Department of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmacy, Philipps University, Ketzerbach 63, 35037, Marburg, Germany
J Control Release 86:131-44. 2003....
- Effectiveness of fluticasone propionate and salmeterol combination delivered via the Diskus device in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseDonald A Mahler
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, 1 Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756 0001, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:1084-91. 2002..We conclude that FSC improved lung function and reduced the severity of dyspnea compared with individual components and placebo...
- Importance of inhaler devices in the management of airway diseaseJ C Virchow
Department of Pneumology, University Medical Clinic, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Respir Med 102:10-9. 2008..New and advanced devices are considered being helpful to minimise the most important problems patients have with current DPIs...
- Aztreonam lysine: a novel inhalational antibiotic for cystic fibrosisMichael D Parkins
Department of Medicine, University of Calgary and Alberta Health Services, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Expert Rev Respir Med 4:435-44. 2010..aeruginosa sputum burdens. These outcomes were durable over 18 months of cycled use. AZLI has been demonstrated to be safe and effective, and expands available chronic maintenance therapies in CF...
- The effects of nicotine, denicotinized tobacco, and nicotine-containing tobacco on cigarette craving, withdrawal, and self-administration in male and female smokersSean P Barrett
Department of Psychology, Dalhousie University, Halifax NS B3H 4J1, Canada
Behav Pharmacol 21:144-52. 2010..Findings suggest that DT is effective in acutely reducing many smoking abstinence symptoms, especially in women, but a combination of nicotine and non-nicotine tobacco ingredients may be necessary to suppress smoking behavior...
- Practical problems with aerosol therapy in COPDJoseph L Rau
Cardiopulmonary Care Sciences, Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Respir Care 51:158-72. 2006..Short of a universal simple inhaler, patient and caregiver education remains the best solution to correct patient errors in use...
- Treatment adherence among low-income children with asthmaM Celano
Emory University School of Medicine, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 23:345-9. 1998..To investigate the adherence behaviors (MDI use, MDI/spacer technique, appointment attendance, smoking in the home) of low-income, urban, primarily African American children with asthma...
- Choosing inhaler devices for people with asthma: current knowledge and outstanding research needsJohn Haughney
Centre of Academic Primary Care, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB25 2AY, Scotland, UK
Respir Med 104:1237-45. 2010..we achieve better asthma outcomes? Do we have to refine inhaler device choice for each individual, or will we get better outcomes if we select our current best option in light of current knowledge and apply this on a population level?..
- Nebulized anticoagulants limit pulmonary coagulopathy, but not inflammation, in a model of experimental lung injuryJorrit J Hofstra
Laboratory of Experimental Intensive Care and Anesthesiology LEICA, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 23:105-11. 2010..Pulmonary coagulopathy may contribute to an adverse outcome in lung injury. We assessed the effects of local anticoagulant therapy on bronchoalveolar and systemic haemostasis in a rat model of endotoxemia-induced lung injury...
- The ADMIT series - Issues in inhalation therapy. 4) How to choose inhaler devices for the treatment of COPDWalter Vincken
Respiratory Division, UZ Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Prim Care Respir J 19:10-20. 2010..The prescribing clinician's task is to provide comprehensive instructions for correct handling of the device and to review regularly the patient's inhalation technique...
- Pulmonary delivery of insulin by liposomal carriersYi You Huang
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, College of Medicine, College of Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Control Release 113:9-14. 2006..Liposome-mediated pulmonary drug delivery promotes an increase in drug retention-time in the lungs, and more importantly, a reduction in extrapulmonary side-effects which invariably results in enhanced therapeutic efficacies...
- Device selection and outcomes of aerosol therapy: Evidence-based guidelines: American College of Chest Physicians/American College of Asthma, Allergy, and ImmunologyMyrna B Dolovich
Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Chest 127:335-71. 2005..There are advantages and disadvantages associated with each device category. Evidence-based guidelines for the selection of the appropriate aerosol delivery device in specific clinical settings are needed...
- Alternative sugars as potential carriers for dry powder inhalationsHartwig Steckel
Department of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Christian Albrecht University Kiel, Gutenbergstrasse 76, Kiel 24118, Germany
Int J Pharm 270:297-306. 2004..In summary, mannitol showed potential as a drug carrier to be used in DPIs whereas the more hygroscopic sugars only showed poor dispersibility...
- Advances in aerosols: adult respiratory diseaseGerald C Smaldone
Pulmonary Critical Care Division, Department of Medicine, Health Sciences Center, SUNY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8172, USA
J Aerosol Med 19:36-46. 2006..Patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) may benefit from high doses of aerosolized interferon gamma. Patient and caregiver safety are additional factors that will affect future approaches to therapy...
- Liquid atomizing: nebulizing and other methods of producing aerosolsCarlos F Lange
Aerosol Research Laboratory of Alberta, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Aerosol Med 19:28-35. 2006..In addition, as progress in nanotechnology allows the development of smart drug carrying particles, advanced liquid nebulization is expected to be the delivery mode of choice for these smart particle aerosols...
- Pulmonary drug delivery. Part II: the role of inhalant delivery devices and drug formulations in therapeutic effectiveness of aerosolized medicationsN R Labiris
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Br J Clin Pharmacol 56:600-12. 2003....
- One-year safety and efficacy of budesonide/formoterol in a single inhaler (Symbicort Turbuhaler) for the treatment of asthmaL Rosenhall
Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Respir Med 97:702-8. 2003..A budesonide/formoterol single inhaler has been developed for convenient treatment of patients whose asthma is inadequately controlled by inhaled glucocorticosteroids alone...
- Dry powder inhalers: which factors determine the frequency of handling errors?Siegfried Wieshammer
Pneumologisch Thoraxchirurgisches Zentrum, Klinikum Offenburg, Offenburg, Germany
Respiration 75:18-25. 2008..Dry powder inhalers are often used ineffectively, resulting in a poor level of disease control...
- Economic evaluation of BDP/formoterol fixed vs two single inhalers in asthma treatmentB Bruggenjurgen
Institute for Social Medicine, Epidemiology, and Health Economics, Charite University Medical Center, Berlin
Allergy 65:1108-15. 2010..Aim of this study was to compare costs and health outcomes of a fixed ICS-LABA combination of beclomethasone dipropionate (BDP) and formoterol fumarate (FF) vs the same drugs delivered via separate inhalers in Germany...
- Meeting the needs of patients with COPD: patients' preference for the Diskus inhaler compared with the HandihalerA C Moore
GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development Ltd, Greenford, Middlesex, UK
Int J Clin Pract 58:444-50. 2004..The Diskus was rated higher than the Handihaler for the top three features of an ideal inhaler. Overall the Diskus inhaler was preferred by 67% of patients...
- Application of a droplet evaporation model to aerodynamic size measurement of drug aerosols generated by a vibrating mesh nebulizerNagaraja Rao
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, San Carlos, California 94577, USA
J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 23:295-302. 2010..This study is aimed at quantifying the effect of these factors on droplet size measurements for the case of vibrating mesh nebulizers...
- Aerosols and anti-infectious agentsP Diot
Groupe de Pneumologie et Imagerie de Ciblage, INSERM EMI U 00 10, CHU Bretonneau, Tours, France
J Aerosol Med 14:55-64. 2001..Finally, administration of anti-infectious aerosols requires a new pharmacological approach to monitor treatment, and urinary assays are promising for this purpose...
- Disposable versus reusable jet nebulizers for cystic fibrosis treatment with tobramycinLaurent Vecellio
Aerodrug, Tours, F 37000, France
J Cyst Fibros 10:86-92. 2011..Jet nebulizers are commonly used to administer aerosolized tobramycin to CF patients. The aim of this study was to assess the performance of disposable jet nebulizers as an alternative to reusable nebulizers such as the Pari LC Plus...
- A comparison of budesonide/formoterol maintenance and reliever therapy vs. conventional best practice in asthma managementR Louis
Pneumology, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Int J Clin Pract 63:1479-88. 2009....
- Early asthma control and maintenance with eformoterol following reduction of inhaled corticosteroid doseD Price
Department of General Practice and Primary Care, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB25 2AY, UK
Thorax 57:791-8. 2002..The effects of adding eformoterol to corticosteroids on asthma control and exacerbations in patients with mild to moderate asthma were studied...
- Toward a screening method for the analysis of small intact proteins by CE-ESI-TOF MSAngelina Taichrib
Department of Chemistry, Aalen University, Aalen, Germany
Electrophoresis 33:1356-66. 2012..is discussed. The presented method will contribute to the improved characterization of a large variety of intact proteins in the biomedical and pharmaceutical area...
- Aerosol delivery during mechanical ventilation: from basic techniques to new devicesRajiv Dhand
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Environmental Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 21:45-60. 2008..With an optimal technique of administration the efficiency of aerosol delivery during mechanical ventilation is similar to that achieved during spontaneous breathing. Further research is needed to optimize aerosol delivery during NPPV...
- A prospective controlled trial of pulsed nasal nebulizer in maximally dissected cadaversRowan Valentine
Department of Surgery Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Adelaide University, Australia
Am J Rhinol 22:390-4. 2008..Current nasal delivery techniques show inconsistent sinus penetration. The aim of this study was to compare sinonasal penetration of nasal douching to an optimized nasal nebulizer in an operated cadaver model...
- Omron NE U22: Comparison between vibrating mesh and jet nebulizerShibu Skaria
Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine Division, Stony Brook University Medical Center, Stony Brook, New York, USA
J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 23:173-80. 2010..The present article is designed to address clinically relevant issues for routine aerosol therapy for a vibrating mesh nebulizer, the Omron NE U22, compared to traditional jet nebulizers...
- Nebulizers that use a vibrating mesh or plate with multiple apertures to generate aerosolRajiv Dhand
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Environmental Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Respir Care 47:1406-16; discussion 1416-8. 2002..With these devices clinicians will be able to precisely control drug delivery to the respiratory tract...
- In vitro characterization of nebulizer delivery of liposomal amphotericin B aerosolsBarbara D Alexander
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 16:577-82. 2011..Additional research on pulmonary delivery and clinical tolerability is warranted...
- Amphotericin B lipid nanoemulsion aerosols for targeting peripheral respiratory airways via nebulizationMaha Nasr
Department of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Int J Pharm 436:611-6. 2012....
- Inspiratory flows through dry powder inhaler in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: age and gender rather than severity mattersL Pekka Malmberg
Skin and Allergy Hospital, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 5:257-62. 2010..Most patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are elderly and have poor lung function. The factors affecting their inspiratory flows through inhalers are unclear...
- Comparison of two humidification systems for long-term noninvasive mechanical ventilationS Nava
Respiratory Unit, Fondazione S Maugeri, Via Maugeri n 10, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Eur Respir J 32:460-4. 2008..Further larger studies are required in order to confirm these findings...
- Pulmonary function response to EDTA, an additive in nebulized bronchodilatorsM J Asmus
Asthma Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 107:68-72. 2001..In contrast, BAC induces clinically important bronchospasm, which could decrease the efficacy of a bronchodilator during an emergency...
- Can epinephrine inhalations be substituted for epinephrine injection in children at risk for systemic anaphylaxis?F E Simons
Section of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Pediatrics 106:1040-4. 2000..For out-of-hospital treatment of anaphylaxis, inhalation of epinephrine from a pressurized metered-dose inhaler is sometimes recommended as a noninvasive, user-friendly alternative to an epinephrine injection...
- Determinants of correct inhalation technique in children attending a hospital-based asthma clinicA W A Kamps
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Isala Klinieken Weezenlanden Hospital, Zwolle, The Netherlands
Acta Paediatr 91:159-63. 2002..6, 95% CI 0.4-6.4; p = 0.54). The number of newly referred patients demonstrating a correct inhalation technique improved from 57.4% to 97.9% after three comprehensive instruction sessions...
- Assessment of key influences on asthma inhaler device selectionHazel Madoc-Sutton
Education for Health, Warwick
Nurs Stand 23:35-41. 2009..To identify factors that influenced trained asthma practice nurses' inhaler device selection and the relative importance they placed on these factors in clinical practice...
- Asthma Treatment with a Novel Drug Aerosol GeneratorWilliam Shen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Successful completion of activities in Phase I would present a significant step towards developing an improved inhalation drug delivery platform for asthma treatment. ..
- Asthma Mobile App Development, Dissemination and EvaluationJonathan D Klein; Fiscal Year: 2013..The application will be integrated into the EQIPP asthma course allowing it to also be used as tool for improvement to help physicians monitor asthma self management of their patients. ..
- Aerosol Delivery of Lung Cancer DrugsBrian Hansen; Fiscal Year: 2002..After extensive research and development, we plan to sell aerosol generation devices for anticancer drugs, targeting hospitals and cancer clinics as purchasers of the equipment, and lung cancer patients as the end users. ..
- EBP Leadership Summit: Improving health outcomes for high risk children and teensBernadette Melnyk; Fiscal Year: 2007..S. to improve health outcomes for our nation's children and adolescents. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMPACT OF MCO POLICY ON QUALITY OF PEDIATRIC ASTHMA CAREBruce Stuart; Fiscal Year: 2000..The findings from this study are expected to shed new light on how restrictive and enabling MCO policies affect quality of care and health outcomes for children with asthma. ..
- Aerosol Therapy for Lung CancerBrian Hansen; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Strategies Targeting Acute Exacerbation of COPDRichard Albert; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information will, at the same time, also provide information regarding the pathobiology of COPD exacerbations. ..
- AuContrAer:Ventilator Compatible Aerosol Delivery DeviceRichard Parker; Fiscal Year: 2002..We tentatively call the device AuContrAer. ..
- POCKET NEBULIZERA Sipin; Fiscal Year: 1990..Phase II is planed for the development to readiness for production of the improved devices for administration of therapeutic aerosol. A large market is foreseen...
- ELECTROSPRAY WITH MECHANICAL VIBRATION ASSISTShida Shen; Fiscal Year: 1991..Preliminary testing indicates that this assist technique will substantially improve electrospray performance over a wider range of applications, particularly when the Electrospray Ion Source is used as an L/MS interface...
- Targeting JAK-3 with WHI-P97 for Treatment of AsthmaPeter Samuel; Fiscal Year: 2003..The successful completion of the proposed research will provide the foundation for further translational research that may lead to new and effective methods for treatment of allergic asthma. ..
- NEW TARGETS FOR DEPOSITION OF AEROSOL THERAPEUTICSSTEVEN OLDENBURG; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- HOME NURSE INTERVENTION FOR IUDE INFANTS--3 YR FOLLOW UPArlene Butz; Fiscal Year: 2002..Data will be of significant use to researchers, health care providers, insurers and policy makers. ..
- Improving Asthma Communication in Minority FamiliesArlene Butz; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- A+ Asthma Rural PartnershipArlene Butz; Fiscal Year: 2004..The findings of this study will be important to clinicians, researchers, and health policy makers. ..
- NEBULIZER INTERVENTION IN MINORITY CHILDREN WITH ASTHMAArlene Butz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Study findings will improve clinical care to this vulnerable population of children and will be if significant use to health care providers, researchers, insurers and policy makers. ..
- Development of a Highly Efficient Personal Sampler to collect Viable BioaerosolsYung Sung Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..The new device will not only be beneficial in occupational settings, but may also have future potential in high risk areas such as those following any possible biological attack. ..
- Inhalation Dosimetry/Exposure Index of Fiber AerosolYung Sung Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2006..Sampling devices based on this size-selection definition can be developed in the future for improved assessment of worker exposure. ..
- NICOTINE DEPENDENCE--TAILORING AND PREFERENCE RESEARCHNina Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2001..Several new scales will be tested: one which assesses withdrawal via anchored responding and a set of scales for testing preference with an ultimate aim of developing a tool for easily matching smokers to therapy. ..
- MECHANISMS OF RESPONSE TO PULMONARY VACCINATIONAnthony Hickey; Fiscal Year: 2005..The significance of this work lies in the novelty of pulmonary vaccination for the treatment of tuberculosis and the knowledge of the immune response gained from targeted antigen delivery to the lungs. ..
- Aerosolized PGE1 in Neonatal Pulmonary HypertensionBEENA SOOD; Fiscal Year: 2005..If effective, a proposal for using aerosolized PGE1 in neonatal PPHN as a multicenter study will be submitted to the NICHD Neonatal Network. ..
- Response to Beta2-Agonists in Acute Severe AsthmaNicola Hanania; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- SCLERODERMA LUNG STUDYDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Distal Lung Inflammation Effect on Asthma ExacerbationsDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study has the potential to clarify the contribution of the "silent zone" to the persistent morbidity encountered with asthma. ..
- LUNG HEALTH STUDY--LONG TERM FOLLOW UPDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2002..All ten of the original LHS clinical centers plan to participate in this study. To minimize bias, all surviving participants of the LHS will be invited to participate, giving a potential sample size of 5600. ..
- IMPACT OF WEIGHT LOSS & EXERCISE ON KNEE OSTEOARTHRITISSUSAN BARTLETT; Fiscal Year: 2004..Secondary measures include physical disability, quality of life, performance measures and long-term adherence to behavior change. This study will provide data on integrating behavioral changes into the treatment of knee OA. ..
- Inhaled Large Porous Particles for Treatment of MDR-TBDavid Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2006..It represents a new paradigm for treating and limiting the spread (especially nosocomial transmission) of respiratory infectious diseases such as TB, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), influenza, and small pox. ..
- Prevention/diagnosis/fungal infections/transplantationBarbara Alexander; Fiscal Year: 2005..This approach will shorten the time from development to clinical implementation in therapeutic trials and guidelines. ..
- MEMS-Based High-Frequency Ultrasonic Nozzles for Medical ApplicationsCHEN TSAI; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such new devices may ultimately be developed into efficient pocket-sized nebulizers for drug delivery by inhalation and should, therefore, have important implications for public health. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ASTHMA CLINICAL RESEARCH NETWORK (ACRN)Stephen Peters; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Phase 2 study of VX-770 in Cystic Fibrosis Subjectswith G551DCLAUDIA ORDONEZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..These effects may help preserve pulmonary function, decrease morbidity associated with progressive lung impairment/damage, and prolong survival in CF patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Childhood Asthma Research and Education Network: Denver SiteStanley Szefler; Fiscal Year: 2008..End of abstract.) [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prospective Study of Diet, Physical Activity, BMI and Risk of Pulmonary EmbolismCarlos Camargo; Fiscal Year: 2008..We believe that quantifying these modifiable risk factors will lead to public health interventions that decrease the incidence of pulmonary embolism in the elderly population. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Veterinary Comparative Respiratory Society 2008 SymposiumMichael Davis; Fiscal Year: 2008..This symposium will review the current knowledge and practical challenges of these models in order to make them more accessible to the biomedical research community. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Trial of Asthma Patient Education in the Emergency RoomCarol Mancuso; Fiscal Year: 2009..Other long-term objectives are to use the program as a basis for similar programs for children, adolescents and their caregivers in the ED, primary care, and school settings. ..
- Alveolar macrophage proteomics in HIV-induced emphysemaPhilip Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2009..More importantly, the research proposed in this proposal will provide a unique opportunity to examine relevant mechanisms underlying the progression of early emphysema. ..
- Reducing Transmission of Influenza by Face MasksARNOLD MONTO; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such a reduction could have a major public health impact during a pandemic. In the second year, the study can be expanded or modified based on findings in the first. ..
- Oxidative stress in asthma initiationSanjiv Sur; Fiscal Year: 2010..Future studies of POPAC may identify novel therapeutic approaches in asthma. ..
- Pacific Research Center for Early Human DevelopmentLynnae Millar; Fiscal Year: 2008..In turn, through new collaborations in translational research, the Center will strengthen JABSOM's position as an applicant for GCRC status, which is anticipated within the next six years. ..
- CALORIC RESTRICTION, AGING, AND INSULIN ACTIONWilliam Cefalu; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- DIET AND CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASECarlos Camargo; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed study is cost-effective, as it makes use of an existing cohort, and it will provide information that could have direct clinical application to reduce risk of COPD. ..
- Motivational Therapy/Reduce Risk Behaviors/HIV/YouthSylvie Naar King; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, this intervention will provide immediate assistance to vulnerable population to prevent the spread of HIV and to minimize its negative physical and psychological effects. ..
- Development of a dry powder inhaler dispersion mechanismTIMOTHY CROWDER; Fiscal Year: 2003..The technology will then be applied to the generation of critical performance data for the range of formulations. ..
- Burkholderia sp: Identification of major clonal lineagesJohn LiPuma; Fiscal Year: 2004..mallei and B. pseudomallei. ..
- Pediatric Interstitial Lung Disease ConferenceRobin Deterding; Fiscal Year: 2004..Communication between clinical and basic scientists and an enhanced interest in PILD will certainly occur. Ultimately the care of children with these rare diseases will be improved and the field advanced. ..
- P aeruginosa virulence in cystic fibrosis lung diseaseCLAUDIA ORDONEZ; Fiscal Year: 2006..aeruginosa virulence factors in CF that may be important targets for new therapies with the potential to decrease disease-specific morbidity and mortality in CF. ..
- NCRR Training Grant for Veterinary Students in ResearchMichael Davis; Fiscal Year: 2006..Over a three-year period this program will contribute nine comparative medical scientists with veterinary medical degrees who are well trained in animal-oriented, hypothesis-based research. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- INCREASING PHYSICAL ACTIVITY TO AID SMOKING CESSATIONKenneth Ward; Fiscal Year: 2007..The primary endpoint of the trial is smoking cessation, and secondary endpoints include physical activity level, body mass index, percent body fat, and waist circumference. ..
- Worksite Phone Counseling for Smoking CessationWalton Sumner; Fiscal Year: 2006..Power will range from .66 to .99 depending on recruitment rates (projected to range from 15% to 25%) and the magnitude of difference in outcomes between the two conditions. ..
- Pulmonary delivery of nicotine using the AERx SystemStephen Farr; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long-term goal of this proposed project is to develop an inhalation product (the AERx-nicotine) as a therapy for smoking cessation. ..
- Strategies to Improve COPD ManagementRichard Casaburi; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies should have immediate impact on treatment strategies for large poor-prognosis subgroups of COPD patients. ..
- Enhancing Prevention for Children in Diverse PopulationsTracy Lieu; Fiscal Year: 2008..Support from this K24 award will come at a critical time for Dr. Lieu and for the junior faculty in her new Center. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nasal Delivery of Naltrexone for Treatment of AlcoholismDaniel Wermeling; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal of this work is to develop and commercialize nasal delivered NTX for the treatment of alcoholism. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INNATE IMMUNITY IN HEART, LUNG, AND BLOOD DISEASEFernando Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ASTHMA AND INTERVENTIONS IN THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENTRobert Strunk; Fiscal Year: 2002..The intent to treat model will be used, as primary outcome can be obtained after consent even if not contact cannot be made at 2 week and 6 month phone calls. ..
- Mechanisms of VEGF modulation of smooth muscle functionReynold Panettieri; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS REGULATING AIRWAY MUSCLE GROWTHReynold Panettieri; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will define the mechanism by which agonists induce ASM cell growth such that new issues in the pathogenesis of asthma will be addressed and therapeutic measures to prevent these alterations can be developed. ..
- Mechanisms Regulation Functions of Airway Smooth MuscleReynold Panettieri; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, understanding the transcriptional mechanisms regulating the expression of inflammatory genes in ASM will likely lead to new therapeutic approaches for the treatment of asthma. ..
- CHROMOSOME 5Q GENE VARIANTS AND ASTHMA-RELATED TRAITSFernando Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will allow to better understand the genetic influence that determine asthma risk. ..
- IL8 and GATA3-mediated Pathways in Asthma ExacerbationsFernando Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2008..End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ozone ALTERS Airway Smooth Muscle FUNCTION IN ASTHMAReynold Panettieri; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will identify the mechanisms by which ozone enhances allergen-induced AHR and provide insight into new therapeutic targets to prevent asthma exacerbations and decrease asthma morbidity and mortality. ..
- Modeling of Aerosol Transport in Alveolated AirwaysChantal Darquenne; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of this study will provide a link to the mechanisms by which even seemingly modest PM exposure can cause or exacerbate lung disease and will also help to better design spatial targeting of inhaled drugs. ..
- T-Lymphocytes, Latent Virus and Emphysema PathogenesisPhilip Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Establishment of the Syrian Center for Tobacco StudiesKenneth Ward; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Population-Based Assessment of Post-Katrina Smoking RelapseKenneth Ward; Fiscal Year: 2007..smoking relapse? (3) How motivated and confident are individuals who relapsed after Katrina to make a renewed quit attempt? and (4) What is the prevalence and time course of renewed quit attempts? [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..