Summary: Human or animal tissue used as temporary wound coverings.
Publications211 found, 100 shown here
- Immunological characteristics of amniotic epitheliumJunko Hori
Department of Ophthalmology, Nippon Medical School, Sendagi 1 1 5, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8602, Japan
Cornea 25:S53-8. 2006..We therefore suggest that immunogenicity of AE should not be ignored, and use of AM from different donor placentas should be emphasized when repeated AM transplantation is required in patients clinically...
- Recent advances in dermal wound healing: biomedical device approachesSimone C Rizzi
Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, 60 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove, Queensland 4059, Australia
Expert Rev Med Devices 7:143-54. 2010..Advanced healing therapies employing biological dressings, skin substitutes, growth factor-based therapies and synthetic acellular matrices, all of which aim to ..
- Dehydrated amniotic membrane allografts for the treatment of chronic wounds: a case seriesJ Forbes
St Joseph Burn and Wound Center, St Joseph Hospital, IN, USA
J Wound Care 21:290, 292, 294-6. 2012..Dehydrated human amniotic membrane represents a potentially effective addition to existing wound care therapies, with further formal clinical studies indicated...
- Human amniotic membrane transplantation: past, present, and futureThomas John
Loyola University at Chicago, Department of Ophthalmology, 2160 South First Avenue, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Ophthalmol Clin North Am 16:43-65, vi. 2003..The procurement, complications, and solutions of this delicate procedure are covered with a mention of what is in store for the future...
- Assessment of amniotic and polyurethane membrane dressings in the treatment of burnsO A Adly
Faculty of Medicine, Suez Canal University, Ismailia, Egypt
Burns 36:703-10. 2010..Based on these findings, we recommend the use of lyophilized gamma-irradiated amniotic membrane as an effective alternative for allograft and xenografts in Islamic countries and the Jewish population...
- Use of amniotic membrane transplantation in the treatment of venous leg ulcersIsabelle Mermet
Universite de Franche Comte, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital and Medical School, Besancon, France
Wound Repair Regen 15:459-64. 2007..AM transplantation may thus be considered to be an alternative method for treating chronic leg ulcers...
- Novel modification of partial nephrectomy technique using porcine small intestine submucosaR Corey O'Connor
Section of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Urology 60:906-9. 2002..The most prevalent complications after partial nephrectomy include urinary leakage/fistula and parenchymal bleeding. Porcine SIS has been used in animal models to reconstruct portions of the urinary tract successfully...
- Update on tissue-engineered biological dressingsM Ehrenreich
Department of Dermatology, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey 07079, USA
Tissue Eng 12:2407-24. 2006Tissue-engineered biological dressings offer promise in the treatment of burns, chronic ulcers, donor site and other surgical wounds, and a variety of blistering and desquamating dermatologic conditions...
- Radiation processed amniotic membranes in the treatment of non-healing ulcers of different etiologiesRita Singh
Defence Laboratory, Jodhpur, India
Cell Tissue Bank 5:129-34. 2004..Ulcers with duration of minimum 3 weeks to maximum 12 months were found to heal in 2-6 weeks by the application of amniotic membranes...
- Amniotic membrane for repair of exposed hydroxyapatite orbital implantMatthew W Lee-Wing
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 19:401-2. 2003..5 months, and 5 months after surgery demonstrated closure of the conjunctival defect. The author concludes that amniotic membrane may be useful for the treatment of hydroxyapatite orbital implant exposures...
- Ex vivo expansion of corneal limbal epithelial/stem cells for corneal surface reconstructionK Ramaesh
Princess Alexandra Eye Pavilion, Edinburgh, UK
Eur J Ophthalmol 13:515-24. 2003..This article is a chronological review of the important steps that brought ex vivo expanded stem cell transplantation in ocular, particularly corneal surface reconstruction...
- "Amnion Bank"--the use of long term glycerol preserved amniotic membranes in the management of superficial and superficial partial thickness burnsR Ravishanker
Department of Plastic Surgery, Army Hospital Research and Referral, Delhi Cantt, 110010, New Delhi, India
Burns 29:369-74. 2003..This paper shows the excellent results obtained with the use of this extremely economical dressing and emphasizes the importance of establishing such "Amnion Banks" in all hospitals especially in developing countries...
- An investigation into the composition of amniotic membrane used for ocular surface reconstructionLeanne J Cooper
Institute of Environmental and Natural Sciences, Lancaster University, Lancaster LA1 4YQ, United Kingdom
Cornea 24:722-9. 2005..In this project we characterize, at the ultrastructural level, the extracellular matrix (ECM) components present in AM. We also compare the distribution of ECM components of cellular AM with that of denuded AM...
- Amniotic membrane in surgeryM A Ganatra
Department of Plastic Surgery, Dow Medical College and Civil Hospital, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 53:29-32. 2003
- [Treatment of burns by grafting of cultured epithelium]Takehiko Nagase
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kanagawa
Nihon Geka Gakkai Zasshi 106:750-4. 2005..It is expected that cultured epithelial cell grafts will prove to be an effective treatment not only for extensive burns but also to epithelialize small area burn wounds and resurfaced burn scars...
- Expression of laminin-5 with amniotic membrane transplantation in excimer laser ablated rat corneasJun Haeng Lee
Institute of Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:2192-9. 2004..To investigate the expression of laminin-5 during epithelial healing and evaluate its expression in vivo using rat corneas on which amniotic membrane was applied to cover the wound after excimer laser photoablation...
- Amniotic membrane transplantation in refractory neurotrophic corneal ulcers: a randomized, controlled clinical trialSudarshan Khokhar
Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, India
Cornea 24:654-60. 2005..This study was designed to compare and evaluate the efficacy of amniotic membrane transplantation with the conventional management (tarsorrhaphy and bandage contact lens) in eyes with refractory neurotrophic corneal ulcers...
- Microbiological safety and clinical efficacy of radiation sterilized amniotic membranes for treatment of second-degree burnsRita Singh
Defence Laboratory, Defence Research and Development Organization, Jodhpur 342011, India
Burns 33:505-10. 2007..The application of radiation sterilized amniotic membranes on the burn wound favoured epithelialization. In all the patients, membranes dessicated and separated in 10-14 days time leaving behind an epithelialized surface...
- The use of a collagen sponge/living cell composite material to treat donor sites in burn patientsJoseph Still
Physicians Multispecialty Group, 1220 George C Wilson Drive, Augusta, GA 30914, USA
Burns 29:837-41. 2003..OrCel sites also exhibited reduced scarring. Therefore, treatment of donor site wounds with OrCel is well tolerated, promotes more rapid healing, and results in reduced scarring when compared with conventional therapy with Biobrane-L...
- Ultrastructural analysis of in vivo expanded corneal epithelium on amniotic membraneHyo Shin Ha
Department of Ophthalmology, Chung Ang University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 21:544-9. 2006..At least 3 months may be needed for the proliferation and differentiation of in vivo cultivated corneal epithelium on AM...
- Porcine skin: friend or foe?Tor Chiu
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
Burns 30:739-41. 2004
- [New developments in skin replacement materials]M Przybilski
BG Unfallklinik Ludwigshafen, Klinik für Hand, Plastische und Rekonstruktive Chirurgie Schwerbrandverletztenzentrum, Plastische und Handchirurgie der Universität Heidelberg, Ludwigshafen przybilski bgu ludwigshafen de
Chirurg 75:579-87. 2004..This article provides an overview of the currently available products which have already been introduced into clinical routine as well as describing advantages and disadvantages of the individual products and their indications...
- Preparation, indications and results of human amniotic membrane transplantation for ocular surface disordersJorge L Alio
VISSUM, Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Research, Development and Innovation Department, Miguel Hernandez University, Alicante, Spain
Expert Rev Med Devices 2:153-60. 2005..In addition, the beneficial effects of reducing inflammation and neovascularization persist for a long time, if properly cryopreserved...
- Application of newly developed amniotic membrane ointment for photorefractive keratectomy in rabbitsTae Hyun Kim
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, BK21 Program, Dong A University College of Medicine and Medical Science Research Center, Busan, South Korea
Ophthalmic Res 38:58-61. 2006..Thus, this study could provide basic data on the clinical application of the AMO in the days ahead...
- Stem cell transplants in ocular surface disordersP R Chatterjee
J Indian Med Assoc 101:457. 2003
- [Use of physiological reparation regulators in glaucoma surgery: a clinicoimmunological study]N I Kurysheva
Vestn Oftalmol 121:21-5. 2005....
- [Methods of burn treatment. Part II: Technical aspects]N Pallua
Klinik für Plastische Chirurgie, Hand und Verbrennungschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Aachen
Chirurg 77:179-86; quiz 187-8. 2006..Following a debridement conservative treatment of superficial dermal burns involving wound coverage with biosynthetic dressings or nanocristalline silver gauze dressings or use of special disinfecting ointments can be implemented...
- Amniotic membrane as a biologic pressure patch for treating epithelial ingrowth under a damaged laser in situ keratomileusis flapEun Suk Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, Yonsei Institute of Vision Research, Seoul, Korea
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:162-5. 2006..There was no evidence of recurrent epithelial ingrowth after a minimum of 4 months. Use of an amniotic membrane overlay can be an effective adjuvant therapy to secure a LASIK flap when direct suturing would threaten the visual axis...
- Donor source affects the outcome of ocular surface reconstruction in chemical or thermal burns of the corneaJun Shimazaki
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
Ophthalmology 111:38-44. 2004..To study the association between surgical approach and postoperative results in chemical and thermal burns of the cornea...
- Multilayer amniotic membrane transplantation in the treatment of corneal perforationsM Teresa Rodríguez-Ares
Anterior Segment Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, Hospital de Conxo Complejo Hospitalario Universitario de Santiago, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Cornea 23:577-83. 2004..To determine if multilayer amniotic membrane transplantation (AMT) is useful in the treatment of corneal perforations, and in particular to assess to what extent efficacy is affected by perforation size...
- The amniotic membrane in ophthalmologyHarminder S Dua
Division of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Surv Ophthalmol 49:51-77. 2004..Further studies will undoubtedly reveal the true potential of the membrane, its mechanism(s) of action, and the effective use of this tissue in ophthalmology...
- Amniotic membrane: mother's own remedy for ocular surface diseaseKenneth R Kenyon
Cornea 24:639-42. 2005
- Enzymatic debridement of burn wound with collagenase in children with partial-thickness burnsCoskun Ozcan
Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Surgery, Pediatric Burns Unit, 35100 Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Burns 28:791-4. 2002..Thus, CCA should be considered as an initial treatment of choice for removal of eschar in children, having a partial-thickness burn wound without infection...
- Healing of a porcine burn wound dressed with human and bovine amniotic membranesMushik Park
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dongsan Medical Center, Keimyung University, Daegu, South Korea
Wound Repair Regen 16:520-8. 2008..Our study showed that fresh or acellular bovine AMs provided similar efficacy for wound healing as did the fresh human AMs...
- Evaluation of visual acuity and color vision in normal human eyes with a sutureless temporary amniotic membrane patchShigeyuki Ijiri
Department of Ophthalmology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa, Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 144:938-942. 2007..To evaluate how sutureless amniotic membrane patches may affect visual functions in normal human eyes...
- Topical management of facial burnsJorge Leon-Villapalos
Shriners Burns Hospital for Children, 815 Market Street, Galveston, TX 77550, USA
Burns 34:903-11. 2008..Therefore, the classic concept of topical therapy will be expanded and developed within two major stages: acute and rehabilitation. Comparison of the effectiveness of the different treatments and relevant literature will be discussed...
- [Clinical efficacy of jointless therapeutic amnion surfacing of the cornea in its diseases and injury]N K Polianskaia
Vestn Oftalmol 123:21-2. 2007..This option is easy-to-use and enables psychoemotional stress associated with a surgical intervention to be avoided. It may be employed in patients with severe somatic diseases, its clinical effectiveness being retained...
- Development and evaluation of silver-impregnated amniotic membrane as an antimicrobial burn dressingRita Singh
Defence Laboratory, Defence Research and Development Organization, Jodhpur, India
J Burn Care Res 29:64-72. 2008..The study has demonstrated the ability of silver-impregnated amniotic membrane to combat microbial infection and its ideal physical characteristics for clinical use as a burn wound dressing...
- Amniotic membrane implantation as a therapeutic contact lens for the treatment of epithelial disordersOscar Gris
Department of Ophthalmology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Cornea 21:22-7. 2002..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of amniotic membrane implantation as a therapeutic contact lens in the treatment of different epithelial defects without stromal ulceration...
- [Use of amniotic membrane transplantation for treating bullous keratopathy]Ewa Mrukwa-Kominek
I Katedry i Kliniki Okulistyki Slaskiej Akademii Medycznej w Katowicach
Klin Oczna 104:41-6. 2002..The study aimed to evaluate effectiveness of bullous keratopathy treatment using amniotic membrane transplantation, as an alternative method of treatment after cataract surgery...
- Amniotic membrane transplantation in severe ocular surface disordersM Kaup
Department of Ophthalmology, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen Germany
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:691-4. 2008..The authors report complications of corneal surface disorders after successful amniotic membrane transplantation...
- Amniotic membrane transplantation: indications and resultsE H Yildiz
Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara Education and Research Hospital, Ankara Turkey
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:685-90. 2008..To describe amniotic membrane transplantation indications and results at the authors' institution...
- Temporary sutureless amniotic membrane patch for acute alkaline burnsAhmad Kheirkhah
Ocular Surface Center, 7000 SW 97th Ave, Ste 213, Miami, FL 33173, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 126:1059-66. 2008..To evaluate the clinical outcome of a new sutureless approach for a temporary amniotic membrane patch (ProKera; Bio-Tissue, Inc, Miami, Florida) in eyes with acute burns...
- Symptomatic management of postoperative bullous keratopathy with nonpreserved human amniotic membraneLuis F Mejía
Cornea Service Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud CES Medellín, Colombia
Cornea 21:342-5. 2002..To report the results of the management of painfully symptomatic postoperative bullous keratopathy (PBK) by performing a nonpreserved human amniotic membrane (NP-AMT) transplantation in nine eyes with poor visual potential...
- The temporary use of allograft for complicated wounds in plastic surgeryE Moerman
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 1942 LE Beverwijk, The Netherlands
Burns 28:S13-15. 2002..We postulate that angiogenic effects of this biological dressing may have contributed to the improved healing conditions and successful secondary wound closure...
- Amniotic membrane transplantation for reconstruction after excision of large ocular surface neoplasiasE M Espana
Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, FL, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 86:640-5. 2002..To evaluate the clinical outcome of patients in whom ocular surface reconstruction was performed using amniotic membrane transplantation (AMT) after the excision of large (>20 mm square) ocular surface neoplasias (OSN)...
- Xenoderm dressing in the treatment of second degree burnsSeyed Nejat Hosseini
Shafieeh hospital, School of Medicine, Zanjan University of Medical Sciences, Zanjan, Iran
Burns 33:776-81. 2007..Since accurate information about alternative cures is scanty, this study was conducted to assess the outcome of the use of xenoderm biologic dressings as one alternative...
- What's new in ophthalmic surgeryMichael A Lemp
Department of Ophthalmology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
J Am Coll Surg 195:361-3. 2002
- [Evaluation of the efficiency of amnioplasty in the surgical treatment of severe ocular burn injury]E S Miliudin
Vestn Oftalmol 123:13-7. 2007....
- Utilisation of glycerolised skin allografts in severe burnsCh Dhennin
Burn Centre, Hopital Trousseau, CHU Tours, 37044 Tours Cedex 01, France
Burns 28:S21-5. 2002
- Amniotic membrane transplantation for painful bullous keratopathyS Srinivas
Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading, UK
Eur J Ophthalmol 17:7-10. 2007..To establish the effectiveness of amniotic membrane transplantation (AMT) in relieving pain and discomfort in patients with painful bullous keratopathy and its role in improving vision in eyes with visual potential...
- Informed consent should be obtained from patients to use products (skin substitutes) and dressings containing biological materialS Enoch
Department of Plastic Surgery, University Hospitals of South Manchester, UK
J Med Ethics 31:2-6. 2005Biological products (tissue engineered skin, allograft and xenograft, and biological dressings) are widely used in the treatment of burns, chronic wounds, and other forms of acute injury...
- Advances in plasma skin regenerationK Wade Foster
Moy Fincher Medical Group, UCLA Medical Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Cosmet Dermatol 7:169-79. 2008..Numerous treatment protocols with variable energy settings allow for individualized treatments and provide the operator with fine control over the degree of injury and length of subsequent recovery time...
- The use of pericranial flaps for reconstruction and elevation of the lower eyelidVikesh Patel
Corneoplastic Unit, Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, UK
Orbit 29:1-6. 2010..This technique has been employed in patients where standard tarso-conjunctival flaps are not an option and free posterior lamellar grafts cannot be supported due to the lack of viable anterior lamellar flaps...
- Treatment of second degree facial burns with allografts--preliminary resultsRaymund E Horch
Department of Plastic and Hand Surgery, Medical School, Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen Nürnberg 12, 91054 Erlangen, Freiburg, Germany
Burns 31:597-602. 2005..This is in concordance with other reports on scalds. It would be worthwhile to perform more clinical studies with a larger number of patients to further evaluate the effect and function of allogenic skin for facial burns...
- Clinical evaluation of allogeneic cultured dermal substitutes for intractable skin ulcers after tumor resectionYoichi Moroi
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Eur J Dermatol 14:172-6. 2004..Allogeneic CDS functions as an excellent biological dressing, and could dramatically change the treatment of intractable skin ulcers...
- Factors that influence healing in chronic venous ulcers treated with cryopreserved human epidermal culturesAmor Khachemoune
Division of Dermatology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Dermatol Surg 28:274-80. 2002..They do not require a biopsy from the patient, an advantage compared to autografts. They seem to act as a biological dressing, stimulating epithelialization from the wound edges and adnexae, probably through growth factor release...
- The versatility of a glycerol-preserved skin allograft as an adjunctive treatment to free flap reconstructionA Z Mat Saad
Department of Reconstructive Sciences, Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
Indian J Plast Surg 42:94-9. 2009....
- Dried irradiated human amniotic membrane as a biological dressing for facial burns--a 7-year case seriesE Bujang-Safawi
Burn Unit, Reconstructive Sciences Department, Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kubang Kerian 16150, Kelantan, Malaysia
Burns 36:876-82. 2010..The observed advantages of human amnion treatment include pain relief, ease of use, prevention of infection and acceleration of wound healing...
- Morphofunctional evaluation of the effect of collagen-1-based dressing on skin regeneration after burn trauma in mice of two genetic strainsE G Kolokolchikova
N V Sklifosovsky Institute of Urgent Care, Moscow, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 149:154-60. 2010..The possible mechanisms of the stimulatory effect of collagen-based dressing on wound healing are discussed...
- Flow cytometric sorting and analysis of human epidermal stem cell candidatesMichał Pikuła
Department of Clinical Immunology and Transplantology, Medical University of Gdansk, Debinki 1, 80211 Gdansk, Poland
Cell Biol Int 34:911-5. 2010..We also performed a flow cytometric analysis of sorted cells using a cell tracer...
- [Biology of epidermal stem cells: impact on medicine]Michał Pikuła
Zakład Immunologii Klinicznej i Transplantologii, Gdanski Uniwersytet Medyczny
Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online) 63:449-56. 2009..The possibilities of using epidermal stem cells in medicine are also presented...
- Dermal preservation using the Versajet hydrosurgery system for debridement of paediatric burnsTania C S Cubison
The Northern Regional Burn Centre, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4LP, United Kingdom
Burns 32:714-20. 2006..both directly during surgical debridement and indirectly by reducing infection and optimising the use of biological dressings. In deep partial thickness burns softer necrotic dermis can be removed with the Versajet sparing the ..
- Tissue regeneration in loss of substance on the lower limbs through use of platelet-rich plasma, stem cells from adipose tissue, and hyaluronic acidValerio Cervelli
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Adv Skin Wound Care 23:262-72. 2010..It has been demonstrated that mesenchymal stem cells are present in the adipose tissue (thus accelerating the effect of the PRP)...
- Rearing larvae of Lucilia sericata for chronic ulcer treatment--an improved methodHélène Wolff
Department of Dermatology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 41345 Goteborg, Sweden
Acta Derm Venereol 85:126-31. 2005..Adhering to a proposed weekly working schedule makes the rearing procedure effective and reliable...
- Microdebrider intracapsular tonsillectomyAndrew H Vaughan
Department of Otolaryngology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 69:358-63. 2007..This article reviews the published data on microdebrider-assisted partial intracapsular tonsillectomy with a discussion of its advantages, potential limitations and areas of future research...
- Microdebrider vs electrocautery: a comparison of tonsillar wound healing histopathology in a canine modelKaalan Johnson
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 138:486-91. 2008..To evaluate tonsillar wound healing histopathology in a canine model following microdebrider intracapsular and electrocautery tonsillectomy techniques...
- Treatment of gun-shot defect of the foot with bovine collagen matrix applicationYusuf Kenan Coban
Plastic Surgery Department, Sutcu Imam University School of Medicine, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
Foot (Edinb) 19:222-3. 2009..Lyophilized bovine collagen matrix is one of ideal biological dressings used in wound treatment. We present an example of type 1 bovine collagen (Gelfix, Euroresearch, Inc...
- In vitro Ad5F35-mediated CTLA4-Ig gene transfer prolongs pig skin xenotransplant survivalL Ge
Department of Laboratory Animal Sciences, College of Basic Medicine, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Transplant Proc 42:3763-6. 2010..Our results demonstrate that CTLA4Ig gene-modified pig skin is a promising biologic dressing for wound coverage and Ad5F35 an effective viral carrier for delivery...
- Silica-collagen bionanocomposites as three-dimensional scaffolds for fibroblast immobilizationMartín F Desimone
UPMC Université Paris, CNRS, France
Acta Biomater 6:3998-4004. 2010..environment for fibroblast adhesion, proliferation and biological activity and therefore constitute an original three-dimensional environment for in vitro cell culture and in vivo applications, in particular as biological dressings.
- The variation in transparency of amniotic membrane used in ocular surface regenerationC J Connon
School of Pharmacy, University of Reading, RM 108, Hopkins Building Whiteknights, PO Box 228, Reading RG6 6UB, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 94:1057-61. 2010..Therefore, we applied our experience of quantifying corneal transparency to AM...
- In vivo laser confocal microscopy findings of cryopreserved and fresh human amniotic membraneAkira Kobayashi
Department of Ophthalmology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa, Japan
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 39:312-8. 2008..Recently, the cornea-specific in vivo laser confocal microscope has become available. The objective of the current study was to obtain laser confocal images of fresh and cryopreserved human amniotic membrane...
- Outcomes of allogenic acellular matrix therapy in treatment of diabetic foot wounds: an initial experienceBilly R Martin
Department of Surgery, Southern Arizona Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Tucson, AZ, USA
Int Wound J 2:161-5. 2005..We await the completion of further trials in this area to confirm or refute this initial assessment...
- The study of inhibiting systematic inflammatory response syndrome by applying xenogenic (porcine) acellular dermal matrix on second-degree burnsXiangsheng Feng
Department of Plastic and Burn Surgery, The First People s Hospital of Foshan, Foshan 528000, China
Burns 33:477-9. 2007..To investigate the influence of xenogenic (porcine) acellular dermal matrix on the systematic inflammatory reaction syndrome (SIRS), and the reaction of burn patients to tissue damage upon application to second-degree burn wounds...
- Primary sebaceous carcinoma of the corneaoscleral limbus with pagetoid recurrenceSang Jun Park
Department of Ophthalmology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Ophthalmol 23:104-7. 2009..Topical mitomycin C may be effective for treating pagetoid spread of sebaceous carcinoma of limbal origin...
- Advanced textile materials and biopolymers in wound managementSalvinija Petrulyte
Kaunas University of Technology, Institutional Affiliation Department ofTextile Technology, Kaunas, Lithuania
Dan Med Bull 55:72-7. 2008..The aim of this study is to outline and review the latest developments and advance in medical textiles and biopolymers for wound management providing the overview with generalized scope about novelties in products and properties...
- Amnion in the treatment of pediatric partial-thickness facial burnsLudwik K Branski
Shriners Hospital for Children and University of Texas Medical Branch, 815 Market Street, Galveston, TX 77550, USA
Burns 34:393-9. 2008....
- Intraocular pressure measurement over amniotic membrane patch in human subjectsAkihiro Hashizume
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Cornea 24:925-7. 2005..To investigate the accuracy of intraocular pressure (IOP) measurement over amniotic membrane patching on human ocular surface using Tono-Pen tonometry...
- [Cell therapy product (Dermagen) for treatment of hard-to-heal skin wounds]D Vacher
Laboratoire Genévrier, Département Biotechnologie, Parc de Sophia Antipolis, ZI les 3 Moulins, F06600 Antibes
Ann Pharm Fr 63:207-10. 2005..In some indications, Dermagen acts like a true transplant and in others like a biological dressing secreting numerous mediators such as growth factors or matrix proteins...
- Corneal calcific band keratopathyVishal Jhanji
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 22:283-9. 2011..This review will discuss the cause and management of calcific band keratopathy...
- [Ex-vivo expansion of cornea stem cells. Experimental principles and initial clinical results]D Meller
Universitäts Augenklinik Essen, Hufelandstrasse, 55, 45122 Essen
Ophthalmologe 98:811-7. 2001..The aim of this review is to summarize recently reported clinical and experimental studies showing new developments in tissue engineering for the reconstitution of the ocular surface epithelium...
- Role of collagen impregnated with dexamethasone and placentrix in patients with oral submucous fibrosisY Raghavendra Reddy
Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences, Hunsamarana Halli, Via, Yelhanka, Bangalore, India
J Maxillofac Oral Surg 11:166-70. 2012..To evaluate the versatility of the collagen membrane as both drug carrier and biologic dressing material to cover the raw wounds created after the surgical excision of fibrotic bands in oral submucous fibrosis...
- Microwave-superheated Vics Vapo Rub: an ocular public health dangerAnne E Fung
Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University Medical Center, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 137:379-80. 2004..To report a case of a microwave-oven superheated petroleum-based liquid causing severe chemical and thermal ocular burns treated successfully with amniotic membrane transplantation...
- In vivo analysis of stromal integration of multilayer amniotic membrane transplantation in corneal ulcersMario Nubile
Department of Medicine and Ageing Science, Ophthalmic Clinic, University G d Annunzio of Chieti Pescara, Italy
Am J Ophthalmol 151:809-822.e1. 2011..To evaluate integration of amniotic membrane into the corneal stroma using laser scanning in vivo confocal microscopy and anterior segment optical coherence tomography (AS-OCT)...
- Randomized comparison of OASIS wound matrix versus moist wound dressing in the treatment of difficult-to-heal wounds of mixed arterial/venous etiologyMarco Romanelli
Department of Dermatology, University of Pisa, Italy
Adv Skin Wound Care 23:34-8. 2010..In this study, a biological extracellular matrix was compared with a moist wound dressing to determine its effectiveness in the treatment of mixed arterial/venous and venous ulcers...
- Cytotoxicity and immunogenicity of SACCHACHITIN and its mechanism of action on skin wound healingW S Hung
Graduate Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, Taipei Medical University, 250 Wu-Hsing Street, Taipei, Taiwan 110
J Biomed Mater Res 56:93-100. 2001..This, in turn, may facilitate subsequent angiogenesis, granulation tissue formation, and faster new tissue formation, leading to faster wound healing...
- Amnion-shielded trabeculectomyChristian M Willoch
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 81:658-9. 2003
- Multilayered amniotic membrane transplantation for severe ulceration of the cornea and scleraK Hanada
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 131:324-31. 2001..To examine the efficacy of amniotic membrane transplantation in the treatment of deep corneal and scleral ulcers...
- Anal fistula plug in high fistula-in-ano: an early Saudi experienceAhmad Zubaidi
General Surgery Division, Surgery, King Khalid University Hospital, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Dis Colon Rectum 52:1584-8. 2009..The Surgisis AFP anal fistula plug is a bioabsorbable xenograft designed to assist in the closure of anorectal fistulas. Its efficacy was studied in a series of patients at King Khalid University Hospital, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia...
- Nonviral human beta defensin-3 expression in a bioengineered human skin tissue: a therapeutic alternative for infected woundsAngela L Gibson
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Wound Repair Regen 20:414-24. 2012..These results demonstrate that sustained delivery of hBD-3 by a bioengineered skin tissue results in a therapeutically relevant reduction in growth of a S. aureus strain in an animal model of infected third-degree burn wounds...
- In vitro studies and preliminary in vivo evaluation of silicified concentrated collagen hydrogelsMartín F Desimone
UPMC Univ Paris 06 CNRS, Chimie de la matière condensée de Paris, College de France, 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, F 75005 Paris, France
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 3:3831-8. 2011..concentrated collagen hydrogels were evaluated in vitro and in vivo to establish their potentialities for biological dressings. Silicification significantly improved the mechanical and thermal stability of the collagen network within ..
- Assessment of the efficacy of the rectovaginal button fistula plug for the treatment of ileal pouch-vaginal and rectovaginal fistulasSimon Gonsalves
The John Goligher Department of Colon and Rectal Surgery, The General Infirmary at Leeds, Leeds, LS1 3EX, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 52:1877-81. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the short-term efficacy of the new Surgisis Biodesign rectovaginal button fistula plug in patients with such fistulas...
- Update on dermal substitutesMichael Ehrenreich
Dermatology, New Jersey Medical School, 185 South Orange Avenue, Newark 07103, USA
Acta Dermatovenerol Croat 14:172-87. 2006Tissue-engineered biological dressings offer promise in the treatment of burns, chronic ulcers, donor site and other surgical wounds, and a variety of dermatologic conditions...
- [Human amniotic membrane in the management of chronic venous leg ulcers]H Tauzin
UMR 645, IFR 133, Faculte de Medecine, 19, rue Ambroise Pare, 25000 Besancon, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 138:572-9. 2011....
- Postal survey on the use of glycerol-preserved allografts in clinical practiceDavid Mackie
Dutch Burns Foundation, 1940 EA Beverwijk, The Netherlands
Burns 28:S40-4. 2002..Around 50% of clinicians reported "occasional" wound infection; around 50% of clinicians reported "occasional" graft failure. In general, GPA appeared to perform well in clinical practice...
- Use of nonpreserved human amniotic membrane for the reconstruction of the ocular surfaceL F Mejia
Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud CES, Medellin, Colombia
Cornea 19:288-91. 2000..To describe the use of nonpreserved human amniotic membrane (NP-AMT) as an alternative to preserved human amniotic membrane (AMT) for the reconstruction of the ocular surface in several diseases...
- The role of allogenic amniotic membrane in burn treatmentMarco Rainer Kesting
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
J Burn Care Res 29:907-16. 2008..Antimicrobial effects, pain relief, reduction of fluid, and scar formation were demonstrated additionally...
- Ilizarov fixator pin site care: the role of crusts in the prevention of infectionSimon Britten
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Leeds Teaching Hospitals, Leeds, UK
Injury 44:1275-8. 2013..This study therefore suggests that crusts should be retained as long as a pin site remains uninfected. Retained crusts may act as a physical barrier to bacterial contamination ('biological dressing')...
- [Study of preparation and biocompatibility of acidic fibroblast growth factor/collagen composite sponge]Yanmei Li
Bio pharmacy Technology of R and D Center of Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 25:578-83. 2008..The results indicate that aFGF/collagen composite sponge has good biocompatibility and possibility for clinical use...
- Improving limb salvage in critical ischemia with intermittent pneumatic compression: a controlled study with 18-month follow-upSteven J Kavros
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, The Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:543-9. 2008....
- Autologous human fibrin glue in multilayered amniotic membrane transplantationAltan Atakan Ozcan
Cukurova University School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, 01330 Balcali, Adana Turkey
Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie) 40:107-9. 2008..Defective epithelium of descemetocele was removed; separate and multilayered amniotic membranes were transplanted using autologous human fibrin glue. Finally a large amnion at the top was sutured on the cornea...
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells To Mitigate and Treat Cutaneous Injury Following RadiationWilliam H McBride; Fiscal Year: 2010..To cover wide areas of radiation-induced burns, we will add MSCs on FMBs to natural collagen sheets as a form of biological dressing. ..
- Antibacterial Molecular Coatings Pre-Fabricated for Biologic Wound DressingsAnkit Agarwal; Fiscal Year: 2012..The new wound dressings will expedite wound closure, reduce use of antibiotics, minimize dressing changes and nurse time, and lower patient pain, medication costs and length of hospital stays. ..
- STRUCTURES.CHARLES RODGERS; Fiscal Year: 1999..Endoscopic insertion, simple in mechanism and short in procedure will lead to good marketability and acceptability in the urological medical community. ..
- Novel keratinocyte-based therapy for chronic woundsRiley Rees; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)Donald Budenz; Fiscal Year: 2008....