Genomes and Genes
Summary: Sensitive tests to measure certain antigens, antibodies, or viruses, using their ability to agglutinate certain erythrocytes. (From Stedman, 26th ed)
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- A novel lectin from Pseudostellaria heterophylla roots with sequence simularity to Kunitz-type soybean trypsin inhibitorH X Wang
Department of Microbiology, China Agricultural University, Beijing
Life Sci 69:327-33. 2001....
- Intranasal immunization with formalin-inactivated virus vaccine induces a broad spectrum of heterosubtypic immunity against influenza A virus infection in miceAyato Takada
Division of Virology, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, 108 8639, Japan
Vaccine 21:3212-8. 2003..This approach may overcome limitations in the efficacy of inactivated influenza vaccines and confer potent immunity to humans against viruses with new pandemic potential...
- Construction of recombinant hemagglutinin derived from the gingipain-encoding gene of Porphyromonas gingivalis, identification of its target protein on erythrocytes, and inhibition of hemagglutination by an interdomain regional peptideEiko Sakai
Department of Developmental and Reconstructive Medicine, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Sakamoto 1 7 1, Nagasaki 852 8588, Japan
J Bacteriol 189:3977-86. 2007..0 x 10(-7) M. These results indicate that the target of HGP44 on the erythrocyte membrane appears to be glycophorin A...
- WHO comparative evaluation of serologic assays for Chagas diseaseMarcia M Otani
Fundação Pró Sangue, Hemocentro de São Paulo, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transfusion 49:1076-82. 2009..This study presents a collaborative effort of Latin American blood centers and the World Health Organization (WHO) to establish such a panel...
- High prevalence anti-Trypanosoma cruzi antibodies, among blood donors in the State of Puebla, a non-endemic area of MexicoM C Sánchez-Guillén
Centre d Etude sur le Polymorphisme des Micro Organismes, Institute de Recherche pour le Devélopement, France
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 97:947-52. 2002..cruzi, higher than those reported for infections by blood e.g. hepatitis (0.1%) and AIDS (0.1%) in the same region...
- Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii infection in fattening pigs in Northeast ChinaQiao Cheng Chang
College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Heilongjiang Bayi Agricultural University, Daqing, Heilongjiang Province 163319, People s Republic of China
J Parasitol 99:544-5. 2013..Given that pork is not examined for T. gondii infection in China by law, these findings have public health implications and provide useful baseline information for the control of pig toxoplasmosis in this unique region of China...
- Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii in pigs in southwestern ChinaFeng Cai Zou
College of Animal Science and Technology, Yunnan Agricultural University, Kunming, Yunnan Province 650201, PR China
Parasitol Int 58:306-7. 2009..28%), followed by breeding sows (16.59%). The results of the present survey indicated that infection with T. gondii in pigs is widely spread in China, including the Yunnan province, and is of public health concern...
- Pathology of fatal highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza virus infection in large-billed crows (Corvus macrorhynchos) during the 2004 outbreak in JapanN Tanimura
National Institute of Animal Health, 3 1 5 Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0856 Japan
Vet Pathol 43:500-9. 2006..Thus we concluded that highly pathogenic avian influenza virus was associated with clinical disease, severe pathologic changes, and death in the 3 crows...
- Purification and characterization of a lectin from seeds of Vatairea macrocarpa DukeB S Cavada
Depto de Bioquímica e Biologia Molecular, Universidade Federal do Ceara, Fortaleza CE, Brazil
Phytochemistry 49:675-80. 1998..Size-exclusion chromatography indicated that, at neutral pH, VML is predominantly a dimeric (70 kDa) protein, although tetramers (115 kDa) and larger aggregates (300 kDa) were also present...
- Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii in beef cattle and dairy cattle in northeast ChinaJian Hua Qiu
College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Heilongjiang Bayi Agricultural University, Daqing, Heilongjiang Province, People s Republic of China
Foodborne Pathog Dis 9:579-82. 2012..gondii infection for humans in this region...
- Participation of a galactose-specific C-type lectin in Drosophila immunityTakahiro Tanji
Department of Cell Biochemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem J 396:127-38. 2006....
- Erythrocyte binding preference of 16 subtypes of low pathogenic avian influenza and 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) virusesWitthawat Wiriyarat
Faculty of Veterinary Science, Mahidol University, Nakhonpathom 73170, Thailand
Vet Microbiol 146:346-9. 2010..Moreover, the 2009 pandemic viruses did not agglutinate both horse and chicken erythrocytes. Our study concluded that goose and guinea pig erythrocytes are the best in HA assay for all subtypes of influenza viruses...
- Production of porcine parvovirus empty capsids with high immunogenic activityC Martinez
Inmunologia y Genetica Aplicada SA Ingenasa, Madrid, Spain
Vaccine 10:684-90. 1992..The amount of recombinant antigen needed in a vaccine dose was only 3 micrograms in a primary dose and 1.5 micrograms in the booster...
- Antibacterial activity of lactose-binding lectins from Bufo arenarum skinAlicia Sánchez Riera
Departamento de Biologia del Desarrollo, Instituto Superior de Investigaciones Biológicas INSIBIO y Universidad Nacional de Tucumán UNT, Chacabuco 461, 4000 San Miguel de Tucuman, Tucuman, Argentina
Biocell 27:37-46. 2003..The antibacterial activity of these lectins may provide an effective defense against invading microbes in the amphibian Bufo arenarum...
- Evaluation of two ELISA and two indirect hemagglutination tests for serodiagnosis of pulmonary hydatid diseaseFatma Nur Eris
Department of Microbiology, Institue of National Health, Izmir, Turkey
Korean J Parasitol 47:427-9. 2009..Likewise, the combination of the ELISA-lab and IHA-kit or IHA-TA allowed us to achieve a sensitivity of 84.2% in cases of pulmonary echinococcosis. In conclusion, the diagnosis would be imminent if least 2 tests were applied together...
- Cloning and expression of a mannose-binding jacalin-related lectin from leaves of Japanese cycad (Cycas revoluta Thunb.)Tomokazu Haraguchi
Applied Biological Chemistry, The United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 70:2222-9. 2006..Recombinant CRLL (rCRLL) was expressed in Escherichia coli and purified by affinity chromatography after refolding procedures. Properties of active rCRLL appeared to be almost the same as those of native CRLL...
- Antitumor activity of Cratylia mollis lectin encapsulated into liposomesCesar A S Andrade
Laboratorio de Imunopatologia Keizo Asami, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Grupo de Sistemas de Liberação Controlada de Medicamentos, Cidade Universitaria, Recife, PE, Brazil
Int J Pharm 278:435-45. 2004..In particular, histopathological analysis revealed that treatment with Cra-loaded liposomes prevented Cra cytotoxicity in the liver and kidney of animals...
- A novel mitogenic and antiproliferative lectin from a wild cobra lily, Arisaema flavumJagmohan Singh
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar 143005, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 318:1057-65. 2004..AFL also showed significant in vitro antiproliferative activity towards J774 and P388D1 murine cancer cell lines...
- Detection of antibodies in acid eluates with the gel microcolumn assayVictoria A Greco
Department of Transfusion Medicine, Warren G Magnuson Clinical Center, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Transfusion 42:698-701. 2002..DATs can also be performed with this system. The purpose of this study was to compare the gel microcolumn to the tube IAT using anti-IgG for the detection of antibodies eluted from RBCs...
- A novel lectin from the sponge Haliclona cratera: isolation, characterization and biological activityIvana Pajic
Faculty of Chemistry, University of Belgrade, Studentski trg 16, P O Box 158, YU 11001, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 132:213-21. 2002..H. cratera lectin displays cytotoxic effect on HeLa and FemX cells and weak mitogenic effect on human T-lymphocytes pretreated with phytohemagglutinin (PHA)...
- Isolation and characterization of a dual function protein from Allium sativum bulbs which exhibits proteolytic and hemagglutinating activitiesMónica G Parisi
Laboratorio de Quimica Biologica, Departamento de Ciencias Basicas, Universidad Nacional de Lujan, Lujan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Plant Physiol Biochem 46:403-13. 2008..Therefore, our results indicate the presence of an additional cysteine peptidase activity on a lectin previously described...
- [Antigenic differentiation of blood stains by the Lewis system in practical forensic medical expert evaluation]G S Iudina
Sud Med Ekspert 45:24-7. 2002..A new technology for preparing anti-Le(a) and anti-Le(b) immunoreagents is described...
- Inhibition of Streptococcus suis adhesion by dendritic galabiose compounds at low nanomolar concentrationJohn A F Joosten
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, Post Office Box 80082, NL 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Med Chem 47:6499-508. 2004..3 nM, to the best of our knowledge the first example of inhibition of bacterial binding by a soluble carbohydrate at a subnanomolar concentration...
- Isotype-specific detection of ABO blood group antibodies using a novel flow cytometric methodG Stussi
Laboratory for Transplantation Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Br J Haematol 130:954-63. 2005..It opens the possibility of isotype-specific monitoring of anti-A/B antibodies levels after ABO-incompatible solid organ and stem cell transplantation...
- Anti-Vel reactivity diminished by adsorption with rabbit RBC stromaSteven A Mechanic
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Transfusion 42:1180-3. 2002..Anti-Vel is an antibody to an antigen of high prevalence...
- Purification and characterization of apolipophorin III from immune hemolymph of Heliothis virescens pupaeKyung Tae Chung
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Sciences, The University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38152, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 132:505-14. 2002..Bacterial injection apparently increased the amount of ApoLp-III in immune hemolymph when compared with normal hemolymph, and may indicate that ApoLp-III plays a role in insect immunity...
- Purification and properties of a lectin from ascomycete mushroom, Ciborinia camelliaeYumi Otta
Department of Bioresources Chemistry, Faculty of Horticulture, Chiba University, 271 8510, Matsudo, Japan
Phytochemistry 60:103-7. 2002..Amino acid analysis revealed the lectin contained two cysteines and no methionine. The N-terminal sequence was determined up to residue 21, and no homologous proteins including other ascomycete lectins were found...
- An unusual anti-H lectin inhibited by milk from individuals with the Bombay phenotypeS R Joshi
Institute of Health Sciences, P O Box 3720, Ruwi Code 112, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman Indian Red Cross Blood Center, Mumbai, India
Immunohematology 21:1-4. 2005..The hemagglutinin property in the present lectin showed an unusual anti-H specificity. The lectin was inhibited by milk from Bombay phenotype individuals and certain milk oligosaccharides not specific for the H antigen...
- An enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for measuring anti-sheep red blood cells antibodies in lead-exposed toadsCarolina E Rosenberg
Comisión de Investigaciones Científicas CIC, Provincia de Buenos Aires, La Plata, Argentina
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 47:121-8. 2002..In the framework of our studies, we standardized methods to quantify the humoral response of an amphibian species (Bufo arenarum, Amphibia, Anura) exposed to sublethal lead (as acetate)...
- [Ax and Am antigens: possible diagnostic reagents to them]M I Potapov
Sud Med Ekspert 48:27-9. 2005..Elucidated in the paper are issues related with determination of such antigens, in particular, by means of phytohemagglutinins of anti-(A+B)...
- Detection of weak D with a fully automated solid-phase red cell adherence systemMarco Lai
Transfusion Center, Clinical Hematology, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Transfusion 45:689-93. 2005..Some tests, however, such as detection of weak D, require manual testing. The possibility of detecting weak D by a solid-phase RBC adherence (SPRCA) test was studied in a fully automated system...
- Efficacy of murine monoclonal antibodies in RBC phenotyping of DAT-positive samplesE Lee
Red Cell Immunohaematology, National Blood Service Colindale, Colindale Avenue, London, UK
Immunohematology 22:161-5. 2006..g., in autoimmune hemolytic anemia) and supports previous studies showing that RBCs sensitized in vivo can be typed without chemical manipulation...
- [Efficacy of using different modifications of absorption-elution reaction for the detection of antigen P1 in blood stains]L B Asylbaeva
Sud Med Ekspert 47:15-6. 2004..F. Vereshchaka) improves chances of detecting a weakly pronounced P1 antigen in bloodstains with a prescription of up to 1 year; the method is of high sensitivity and specificity, it ensures an objective registration of results...
- Simplified spectraphotometric method for the detection of red blood cell agglutinationMelur Ramasubramanian
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, North Carolina State University, Campus Box 7910, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695, USA
Appl Opt 47:4094-105. 2008..The LED and photodiode pairs are found to successfully reproduce the spectroscopic determination of red blood cell agglutination...
- Specificity of human anti-NOR antibodies, a distinct species of "natural" anti-alpha-galactosyl antibodiesMaria Duk
Department of Immunochemistry, Ludwik Hirszfeld Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Sciences, Rudolf Weigl St 12, 53 114 Wroclaw, Poland
Glycobiology 13:279-84. 2003..These results showed that anti-NOR represent a new species of anti-alpha-galactosyl antibodies with high affinity for the Galalpha1-4GalNAcbeta1-3Gal sequence present in rare NOR erythrocytes...
- Applications of murine and humanized chimaeric monoclonal antibodies for red cell phenotypingE Lee
National Blood Service, Colindale, UK
Br J Haematol 126:277-81. 2004..Testing MIMA-8 with gel cards containing anti-mouse IgG enables the screening of donors by automated methods. Humanized chimaeric IgM anti-Js(b) and anti-Fy(a) are suitable as typing reagents by direct agglutination methods...
- [Isolation and characterization of lectin from the surface of Grifola frondosa (FR.) S.F. Gray mycelium]L V Stepanova
Mikrobiologiia 76:488-93. 2007..D-glucose and D-glucosamine were detected in the carbohydrate part...
- Development of passive haemagglutination (PHA) and haemagglutination inhibition (HAI) technique for potency estimation of Cobra Antisnake Venom Serum (ASVS)S Pradhan
Antisera Division, Central Research Institute, Kasauli H P, Himachal Pradesh, India
Biologicals 35:155-60. 2007..The methods described are simple, rapid, economical, reproducible and useful in replacing the more expensive in-vivo neutralization assays. Moreover, it also eliminates the use of laboratory animals...
- Isolation and characterization of a novel lectin from the mushroom Armillaria luteo-virensK Feng
State Key Laboratory for Agrobiotechnology and Department of Microbiology, China Agricultural University, Beijing
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 345:1573-8. 2006....
- Synchronous modulation of cell surface lectin and its receptor in a homologous cell population: a novel mechanism of cellular regulationSaswati Banerjee
Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, 4, Raja S C Mullick Road, Jadavpur, Kolkata 700 032, India
Exp Cell Res 312:2299-308. 2006....
- Double aldehyde stabilisation of erythrocytes in the indirect hemagglutination for echinococcosisTodor Todorov
Department of Infectious Diseases, Parasitology, Epidemiology and Tropical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Medicine, Sofia, Bulgaria
Parasitol Int 52:203-7. 2003..The IHA-GF should be considered as an useful method in the range of classical diagnosis for the serology of CE. The clinical diagnostic potential should be increased by a combination of at least two tests: IHA-GF and ELISA or LAT...
- [Purification and study of carbohydrate specificity of lectin from Sarcoscypha coccinea (Fr.) Lambette]V O Antoniuk
Ukr Biokhim Zh 77:96-103. 2005..After dialysis against 1% EDTA sodium salt solution the lectin loses hemaglutinating activity, but after the next dialysis against CaCl2 solution it is restored...
- [Impact of the removal of A2 test erythrocytes and the anti-AB reactant on the interpretation of the ABO blood grouping]J Chiaroni
Institut National de Transfusion Sanguine, , Paris, France
Transfus Clin Biol 8:381-9. 2001....
- [Partial group-specific phytohemagglutinins anti-B1 and anti-B2]M I Potapov
Sud Med Ekspert 47:16-9. 2004..Sophora contains also an incomplete partial PHA anti-B2 of the blocking type. As for extracts, they obviously do not contain PHA to erythrocytes of animals...
- [Purification of lectin from fruiting bodies of Lactarius rufus (Scop.: Fr.)Fr. and its carbohydrate specificity]L V Panchak
Ukr Biokhim Zh 79:123-8. 2007....
- Modulation of antibody-mediated immune response by probiotics in chickensHamid R Haghighi
Department of Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 12:1387-92. 2005..In conclusion, probiotics enhance the systemic antibody response to some antigens in chickens, but it remains to be seen whether probiotics have an effect on the generation of the mucosal antibody response...
- [Activity of Lentinus edodes intracellular lectins at various developmental stages of the fungus]E P Vetchinkina
Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol 44:76-83. 2008..With purification of intracellular shiitake lectins, their sensitivity to human erythrocytes decreased seventyfold or more, whereas their sensitivity to rabbit erythrocytes increased by the same factor...
- [Contribution towards plague diagnosis]Alzira Maria Paiva de Almeida
Departamento de Microbiologia, Centro de Pesquisas Aggeu Magalhaes, Recife, PE
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 40:53-5. 2007..This allows the conclusion that suspected cases must be subjected to more rigorous clinical-laboratory evaluation, with strengthening of epidemiological investigations in the search of other etiologies...
- Expression and purification of the recombinant SALT lectin from rice (Oryza sativa L.)Alan Trindade Branco
Laboratorio de Biotecnologia, Centro de Biociencias e Biotecnologia, Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense Darcy Ribeiro, Avenida Alberto Lamego 2000, CEP 28013 600, Parque California, Campos dos Goytacazes, RJ, Brazil
Protein Expr Purif 33:34-8. 2004..078 microg ml(-1) minimal concentration). The purified recombinant lectin was also used for comparative estimation of native protein amounts in protein extracts from rice plants by Western blot assay...
- Purification, characterization, molecular cloning, and expression of novel members of jacalin-related lectins from rhizomes of the true fern Phlebodium aureum (L) J. Smith (Polypodiaceae)Hiroaki Tateno
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0606, USA
J Biol Chem 278:10891-9. 2003..The identification of a jacalin-related lectin in a true fern reveals for the first time the widespread distribution and molecular evolution of this lectin family in the plant kingdom...
- Performance of CAPTIA SelectSyph-G enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay in syphilis testing of a high-risk population: analysis of discordant resultsVladana Woznicová
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Pekarska 53, 656 91 Brno, Czech Republic
J Clin Microbiol 45:1794-7. 2007....
- Comparative evaluation of two hemagglutination tests for the detection of anti-Helicobacter pylori antibodiesM Nilius
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectious Diseases, Otto-von-Guericke-University, Magdeburg, Germany
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 41:221-3. 2001..pylori ELISA. Notably, the sensitivities of both IHAs varied in subgroups of patients between 48-95%. Based on the validation, the IgG-ELISA is superior to both IHAs tested, and therefore, should be used in routine diagnostics...
- Evidence of a Lyme borreliosis infection from the viewpoint of laboratory medicineRobert Lange
Hospital Dienstleistung Beratung GmbH, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Bernau, Germany
Int J Med Microbiol 291:120-4. 2002..In summary, it is important to inform clinicians about the limitations of the tests used and it would be very helpful to stage a European or worldwide conference to establish accepted rules for the diagnosis of Lyme borreliosis...
- [Diagnostics of Lyme disease]Jacek Gasiorowski
Katedra i Klinika Chorób Zakaźnych, Chorób Watroby i Nabytych Niedoborów Odpornościowych Akademia Medyczna, Wrocław
Med Pr 58:439-47. 2007....
- Evaluation of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and indirect hemagglutination assay for detection of leptospiral antibody by using three different antigensJanya Nakarin
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkla 90112, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 87:1218-24. 2004..In conclusion, both the IgM-ELISA tests using SA and DEA and the IHA using SA are not different in diagnosis of human leptospirosis. SA is the most suitable antigen for detection of leptospiral antibody by IgM ELISA and IHA...
- Clostridium botulinum type A haemagglutinin-positive progenitor toxin (HA(+)-PTX) binds to oligosaccharides containing Gal beta1-4GlcNAc through one subcomponent of haemagglutinin (HA1)K Inoue
Department of Bacteriology, Okayama University Medical School, 2-5-1 Shikata-cho, Okayama 700-8558, Japan
Microbiology 147:811-9. 2001..These results indicate that type A HA(+)-PTX binds to oligosaccharides through HA1...
- Molecular analysis of a haemagglutinin of Haemophilus paragallinarumRhonda I Hobb
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, School of Molecular and Microbial Sciences, University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia
Microbiology 148:2171-9. 2002..paragallinarum haemagglutinin was confirmed by haemagglutination of chicken red blood cells and reactivity, in a Western blot, with the monoclonal antibody specific for the serovar A haemagglutinin...
- A lectin with mycelia differentiation and antiphytovirus activities from the edible mushroom Agrocybe aegeritaHui Sun
School of Life Science, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
J Biochem Mol Biol 36:214-22. 2003..These results suggested that AAL probably was a representative of a large protein family, which plays important physiological roles in mushroom...
- Isolation of a new heterodimeric lectin with mitogenic activity from fruiting bodies of the mushroom Agrocybe cylindraceaHexiang Wang
Department of Microbiology, College of Biological Science, China Agricultural University, Beijing
Life Sci 70:877-85. 2002..The lectin exhibited potent mitogenic activity toward mouse splenocytes. The hemagglutinating activity of the lectin was inhibited by lactose, sialic acid and inulin...
- [Lectin activity of antitumor substances synthesized by Bacillus subtilis B-7025]V S Podgorskiĭ
Institute of Microbiology and Virology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 154 Zabolotny St, Kyiv, 03143, Ukraine
Mikrobiol Z 64:10-7. 2002..It has been established that these substances are extracellular lectins with high activity and carbohydrate specificity to fructose-1.6-di phosphate, N-acetylneuraminic acid and glucose derivatives: D-glucuronic acid and D-glucosamine...
- Syntheses and biological evaluations of alpha-D-mannosyl fullerenolsH Kato
Department of Chemistry, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464-8602, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 11:2935-9. 2001..In contrast, mono- and bis-mannosyl fullerenols were found to decrease the activity for both aggregating erythrocytes and binding to RCA(120), and mono-mannosyl fullerenols turned to binding to alpha-D-mannose specific lectin (Con A)...
- [Regulatory properties of Bacillus subtilis isolectins]V S Pidhors'kyĭ
Mikrobiol Z 69:3-11. 2007....
- Purification and characterization of a sialic acid specific lectin from the hemolymph of the freshwater crab Paratelphusa jacquemontiiMaghil Denis
Department of Zoology, Holy Cross College, Rochnagar, Nagercoil Tamil Nadu, India
Eur J Biochem 270:4348-55. 2003..Also, asialo-rabbit erythrocytes lost there binding specificity towards the lectin. The findings indicated an O-acetyl neuraminic acid specificity of the lectin...
- Screening of Aspergillus species for occurrence of lectins and their characterizationRam Sarup Singh
Carbohydrate and Protein Biotechnology Laboratory, Department of Biotechnology, Punjabi University, Patiala 147 002, Punjab, India
J Basic Microbiol 48:112-7. 2008..The lectins were partially purified using ammonium sulfate precipitation technique. Each of the lectin was found to be precipitated at 40-50% saturation of ammonium sulfate, yielding about 80% of lectin activity...
- Purification and partial characterization of a 32-kilodalton sialic acid-specific lectin from Aspergillus fumigatusGuy Tronchin
Groupe d Etude des Interactions Hôte Parasite, UPRES EA 3142, Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Angers, France
Infect Immun 70:6891-5. 2002..Together these results suggest that this lectin may contribute to the attachment of conidia to the extracellular matrix components through the recognition of the numerous terminal sialic acid residues of their carbohydrate chains...
- Comparison of various blood-typing methods for the feline AB blood group systemKnut Stieger
Section of Medical Genetics, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Vet Res 66:1393-9. 2005..To compare feline blood-typing results determined by use of the card (CARD), gel (GEL), tube (TUBE), University of Pennsylvania (Penn) tube, and Penn slide tests...
- Comparison of various canine blood-typing methodsUrs Giger
Section of Medical Genetics, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Vet Res 66:1386-92. 2005..To compare canine blood-typing results determined by use of the card (CARD), gel (GEL), Michigan State University (MSU), and tube (TUBE) tests...
- Comparison of the sialic acid binding activity of transmissible gastroenteritis coronavirus and E. coli K99C Schwegmann
, , , 30559, Hannover, Germany
Virus Res 75:69-73. 2001..From our results we conclude that E. coli K99 and TGEV interact with different sialoglycoconjugates to establish an intestinal infection. The implications for the enteropathogenicity of TGEV are discussed...
- Mutational analysis of the Bordetella pertussis fim/fha gene cluster: identification of a gene with sequence similarities to haemolysin accessory genes involved in export of FHAR J Willems
Molecular Microbiology Unit, National Institute of Public Health and Environmental Protection, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Mol Microbiol 11:337-47. 1994..These results suggest that the N-terminus of FHA interacts with FhaC, and that as a result FHA is transported across the outer membrane...
- Isolation and characterization of a lectin from Annona muricata seedsD C S Damico
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas SP, Brazil
J Protein Chem 22:655-61. 2003..The lectin agglutinated dog, chicken, horse, goose, and human erythrocytes and inhibited the growth of the fungi Fusarium oxysporum, Fusarium solani, and Colletotrichum musae...
- Preparation and evaluation of lectin-conjugated PLGA nanoparticles for oral delivery of thymopentinYashu Yin
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, 103 Wenhua Road, Shenyang, Liaoning, 110016, China
J Control Release 116:337-45. 2006..These results confirmed that the conjugation of WGA onto PLGA nanoparticles effectively improved the intestinal absorption of TP5 due to specific bioadhesion on GI cell membrane...
- Purification and characterization of four isoforms of Himalayan mistletoe ribosome-inactivating protein from Viscum album having unique sugar affinityVandana Mishra
Department of Botay, University of Delhi, Delhi 110 007, India
Arch Biochem Biophys 423:288-301. 2004..However, HmRip 1, 2, and 4 having equal affinity for galactose and l-rhamnose do not strictly fit into any of the four structural classes of the lectins and represent a new class of type II Rips and plant lectins...
- [Development of anti-Treponema pallidum-IgM antibodies detection methods using purified antigen--comparison with conventional methods]T Sato
Department of Microbiology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:758-66. 1993..As the results, a great amount of rabbit anti-Tp-IgM antibodies were found on the surface of the crude antigen, whereas only a trace amount was detected on the purified antigens.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Immunochemical studies of the lipopolysaccharides of Hafnia alvei PCM 1219 and other strains with the O-antigens containing D-glucose 1-phosphate and 2-deoxy-2-[(R)-3-hydroxybutyramido]-D-glucoseEwa Katzenellenbogen
Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Sciences, Weigla 12, 53 114, Wrocław, Poland
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 56:347-52. 2008..So far, 29 different O-polysaccharide (OPS, O-antigen) structures in Hafnias LPSs have been established and for some of them the molecular basis of the serological activity has been elucidated...
- Molecular characterization of hemagglutination domains on the fibers of subgenus D adenovirusesP Pring-Akerblom
Institut fur Virologie und Seuchenhygiene, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany
J Virol 72:2297-304. 1998..The hemagglutination tests revealed that at least two domains can mediate the agglutination of rat erythrocytes...
- The evolution of pretransfusion testing: from agglutination to solid-phase red cell adherence testsF V Plapp
Clinical Pathology Department, St Luke s Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri
Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci 27:179-209. 1989Hospital transfusion services and blood centers still use manual hemagglutination tests for most of their serological procedures...
- Partial DNA cloning and sequencing of a canine parvovirus vaccine strain: application of nucleic acid hybridization to the diagnosis of canine parvovirus diseaseM Remond
Centre National d Etudes Veterinaires et Alimentaires, Laboratoire Central de Recherches Veterinaires, Maisons Alfort, France
Arch Virol 127:257-69. 1992..of filter hybridization correlated well with histopathological diagnosis of parvovirus infection and with hemagglutination tests performed on dog faeces...
- [Mycoplasma pneumoniae respiratory tract infection prevailing among infants at a nursery school]K Mimura
Department of Pediatrics, Osaka Medical School
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 66:1566-71. 1992..M. pneumoniae antibody was negative in all the patients except 3 and old hemagglutination tests were positive in only 4 patients. The chest X-ray examinations showed a mild increase in the hilar shadow...
- Chagas disease: independent risk factor for strokeLeonardo C Paixão
Odilon Behrens Hospital, Federal University of Minas Gerais Faculdade de Medicina, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Stroke 40:3691-4. 2009....
- Acute chagasic myocardiopathy after orthotopic liver transplantation with donor and recipient serologically negative for Trypanosoma cruzi: a case reportF F Souza
Special Liver Transplantation Unit, Department of Surgery and Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transplant Proc 40:875-8. 2008..Immuno fluorescence (immunoglobulin M and immunoglobulin G) and hemagglutination tests for T cruzi were positive, and abundant T cruzi amastigotes were readily identified in myocardial biopsy ..
- The hemagglutinating activities of Pseudomonas aeruginosa lectins PA-IL and PA-IIL exhibit opposite temperature profiles due to different receptor typesN Gilboa-Garber
Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 25:365-9. 1999..properties, but differ in carbohydrate specificity, were shown to exhibit opposite temperature profiles in hemagglutination tests. The galactophilic PA-IL, which interacts with the erythrocyte I antigen (together with B or P system ..
- Investigation of blood typing method for seoul National University miniature pigS C Yeom
Center for Animal Resource and Development, Bio max Institute, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Transplant Proc 41:1921-6. 2009..blood group A could be divided into blood group A(clotting) and blood group A(not clotting) in hemagglutination tests. Pig A substance was expressed in the lung and kidney in blood group A pigs, but we could not detect pig A ..
- ABO and RH1 blood group phenotyping in pigs (Sus scrofa) using microtyping cardsL Martinez-Alarcon
Servicio de Cirugia General, Hospital Universitario Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia, Spain
Transplant Proc 42:2146-8. 2010..ABO groups in pigs are commonly an unknown variable, which has been previously assessed by means of hemagglutination tests or immunohistochemical procedures on tissues...
- Submandibular and thyroid gland involvement of hydatid cysts: a very rare association with percutaneous treatmentSerhat Avcu
Department of Radiology, Yuzuncu Yil University Faculty of Medicine, Van, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 16:251-4. 2010..The diagnosis was verified by computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and hemagglutination tests. To the best of our knowledge, this is the second case in the literature of hydatid cysts involving both ..
- Prevalence of hepatitis C virus among bilharziasis patientsZaheer A Khan
Department of Parasitology, Damman Regional Laboratory and Blood Bank, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 25:204-6. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate the prevalence of HCV among bilharzia patients...
- A Waldenström's macroglobulin with anti-G3m(b1) antibody activityT Ota
First Department of Internal Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
J Immunol 146:1880-4. 1991..In hemagglutination tests, only one anti-D serum with G3m(b0b1) reacted with macroglobulin KI...
- An unexpected result in an evaluation of a serological test to detect syphilisI B Gosbell
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, South Western Sydney Area Health Service, Liverpool, Australia
Pathology 31:398-402. 1999..through testing sera determined to be nonreactive with rapid plasma reagin and Treponema pallidum hemagglutination tests, calculating the sample size (456) on the confidence interval (CI) required...
- RHCE*ceAR encodes a partial c (RH4) antigenC Halter Hipsky
Laboratory of Immunochemistry, New York Blood Center, 310 East 67th Street, New York, NY 10065, USA
Immunohematology 26:57-9. 2010..b>Hemagglutination tests, DNA extraction, PCR-RFLP, reticulocyte RNA isolation, RT-PCR cDNA analyses, cloning, and sequencing were ..
- Photocatalytic inactivation efficiency of anatase Nano-TiO(2) Sol on the H(9) N(2) avian influenza virusHaixin Cui
Institute of Environment and Sustainable Development in Agriculture, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing, China
Photochem Photobiol 86:1135-9. 2010..The titer change of AIV was determined by hemagglutination tests. Cytopathic effect of Madin Darby canine kidney (MDCK) cells was monitored by inverted fluorescence ..
- Isolation of bovine plasma albumin by liquid chromatography and its polymerization for use in immunohematologyK Tanaka
Divisão de Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento Industrial, Fundação Pró Sangue Hemocentro de São Paulo, Av Enéas C Aguiar 155, 05403 000 São Paulo SP, Brazil
Braz J Med Biol Res 34:977-83. 2001..3. Viral inactivation was performed by pasteurization for 10 h at 60 degrees C. The bovine albumin for the hemagglutination tests used in immunohematology was submitted to chemical treatment with 0.06% (w/v) glutaraldehyde and 0...
- Immunoglobulin M, A, and G antibody response to lipopolysaccharide O antigen in symptomatic and asymptomatic Shigella infectionsD Cohen
Medical Corps, Israel Defence Force, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Clin Microbiol 27:162-7. 1989..We conclude that the detection of an increase in the level of the IgA fraction appeared to be the best indicator for recent symptomatic, as well as symptomatic, infections due to Shigella organisms...
- Amelioration of influenza virus-induced reactive oxygen species formation by epigallocatechin gallate derived from green teaJia Xin Ling
State Key Laboratory of Virology Institute of Medical Virology Research Center of Food and Drug Evaluation State Laboratory of Antiviral and Tumor of Traditional Chinese Medicine, School of Medicine, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 33:1533-41. 2012..To study whether epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), a green tea-derived polyphenol, exerted anti-influenza A virus activity in vitro and in vivo...
- Hemagglutinin-neuraminidase glycoprotein as a determinant of pathogenicity in mumps virus hamster encephalitis: analysis of mutants selected with monoclonal antibodiesA Love
J Virol 53:67-74. 1985..These results suggest that certain changes in the hemagglutinin-neuraminidase glycoprotein may lead to an alteration of the neuropathogenicity of the Kilham strain of mumps virus...
- [Antibody detection in patients with invasive aspergillosis]R Kappe
Haema AG, Institut für Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene am Helios Klinikum, Nordhäuser Strasse 74, D 99089 Erfurt, Germany
Mycoses 47:55-9. 2004..8 days after the onset of infection. In particular, the detection of IgG-antibodies with an EIA can be useful for the confirmation of the diagnosis of IA and for the monitoring of the treatment of IA...
- Screening and identification of unexpected red cell antibodies by simultaneous LISS/Coombs and NaCl/Enzyme gel methodsJeong Hwan Shin
Department of Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, Inje University, Busan, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 24:632-5. 2009..Addition of the NaCl/Enzyme method to routine laboratory procedures may detect and identify considerable numbers of significant antibodies that might be missed if only the LISS/Coombs method is used...
- Purification and acute toxicity of a lectin extracted from tepary bean (Phaseolus acutifolius)R Reynoso-Camacho
PROPAC Programa de Posgrado en Alimentos del Centro de la República, Research and Graduate Studies in Food Science, School of Chemistry, Universidad Autonoma de Queretaro, Mexico
Food Chem Toxicol 41:21-7. 2003..The main target organs affected were small intestine, spleen and thymus. The lectin isolated from tepary bean showed affinity towards fetuin, with high agglutination values and low acute toxicity...
- Relationship between locus R (Ea-2) and other loci of the ninth linkage group of the house mouseO Pizarro
Folia Biol (Praha) 19:89-94. 1973
- Vaccination with Trypanosoma rangeli modulates the profiles of immunoglobulins and IL-6 at local and systemic levels in the early phase of Trypanosoma cruzi experimental infectionVanina Marini
Laboratorio de la Coordinación Nacional de Control de Vectores, Cordoba, Argentina
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 106:32-7. 2011..The results indicate that T. rangeli vaccination against T. cruzi infection triggers a high production of specific IgG isotypes in PF and sera before infection and modulates the levels of IL-6 in PF in the early periods of infection...
- Improvement of a commercial foot-and-mouth disease vaccine by supplement of Quil AChenwen Xiao
Department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Animal Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
Vaccine 25:4795-800. 2007..It is concluded that supplement of Quil A in FMD vaccine can significantly enhanced immune responses and could be an alternative way to improve FMD vaccination in pigs...
- Genetic characterization of the H9N2 influenza viruses circulated in the poultry population in IsraelShimon Perk
Division of Avian and Aquatic Animals Diseases, Kimron Veterinary Institute, Beit Dagan, ZC 50250, Israel
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 29:207-23. 2006..The HA genes of these isolates were related to the HA gene of A/chicken/Germany/R45/98 isolated from chicken in Germany in 1998...
- Influence of in-feed virginiamycin on the systemic and mucosal antibody response of chickensJ T Brisbin
Department of Pathobiology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada, N1G 2W1
Poult Sci 87:1995-9. 2008..Further studies are required to determine to what extent these effects on antibody response are mediated through changes in the composition of the microbiota...
- Bacterial interactions in biofilmsRichard Hull; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results of the proposed experiments may illuminate new targets for intervention therapies that disrupt biofilm formation. This may lead to more effective treatment of catheter-associated infections. ..
- Genomic Approaches to Improve Transfusion Therapy in SCD PatientsMarion E Reid; Fiscal Year: 2010..We believe that data generated from this project will have an immediate impact in improving the transfusion of patients with SCD. (End of Abstract) ..
- GLYCOCONJUGATE-INDUCED TOLERANCE IN NATURAL KILLER CELLSGary Clark; Fiscal Year: 2002..The primary goal of this study is to carry out experiments complementing preliminary studies in support of this glycoconjugate-based model. ..
- Viral and Placental Determinants of HIV-1 Subtype C Mother-to-Child TransmissionJesse Kwiek; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of this project will provide a comprehensive description of the HIV-1 C envelope genes and the placental environment conducive to HIV-1 subtype C MTCT. ..
- Prospective Investigation for Pulmonary Embolism Dx IIIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Viral and Placental Determinants of HIV-1 Subtype C Mother-to-Child TransmissionJesse Kwiek; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this project will provide a comprehensive description of the HIV-1 C envelope genes and the placental environment conducive to in utero HIV-1 C MTCT. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GLYCOCONJUGATES IN VIRAL PATHOGENESISGILLIAN AIR; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Potential Role of Glycosylation in AIDS PathogenesisGary Clark; Fiscal Year: 2005..These preliminary studies will be crucial for determining if HIV-1 is employing its carbohydrate sequences as functional groups to mediate immune suppression. ..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX-IIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) The team of investigators is strong, and has collaborated previously in successful research in PE. ..
- UNDERSTANDING THE PATHOGENESIS OF STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUSVance Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2003..Accomplishing the aims of this proposal will contribute to improved clinical management of patients with S. aureus bacteremia, and will add to the understanding of S. aureus virulence factors. ..
- Elicitation of broad immunity using VLPs with consensus envsTed Ross; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, the breadth and protective efficacy of immune responses elicted by a SHIV-1 VLP containing an envelope representing the consensus envelope sequence of clade C (Con C) will be evaluated with a clade B SHIV challenge. ..