Genomes and Genes
Summary: Clotting time of PLASMA mixed with a THROMBIN solution. It is a measure of the conversion of FIBRINOGEN to FIBRIN, which is prolonged by AFIBRINOGENEMIA, abnormal fibrinogen, or the presence of inhibitory substances, e.g., fibrin-fibrinogen degradation products, or HEPARIN. BATROXOBIN, a thrombin-like enzyme unaffected by the presence of heparin, may be used in place of thrombin.
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- Investigations on blood coagulation in the green iguana (Iguana iguana)S Kubalek
Clinic for Small Animals, School of Veterinary Medicine, Hanover, Germany
J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 49:210-6. 2002The prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), thrombin time, kaolin clotting time (KCT), dilute Russell's viper venom time (DRVVT) and reptilase time, as well as five different plasma fibrinogen assays [..
- Combinations of low doses of unfractionated heparin and of low-molecular-weight heparin prevent experimental venous thrombosisGuareide Carelli
Faculdade de Medicina and Instituto de Biociências de Botucatu, UNESP, Botucatu, Brazil
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 34:263-8. 2005..Bleeding time, activated partial thromboplastin time, thrombin time (TT), and anti-factor Xa were measured at the beginning and end of the experiment...
- A novel fibrinogen Bbeta chain frameshift mutation in a patient with severe congenital hypofibrinogenaemiaXiucai Xu
The Center Laboratory of Anhui Provincial Hospital, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
Thromb Haemost 95:931-5. 2006..The propositus frequently displayed bleeding episodes with a prolonged blood-clotting time (thrombin time > 180 s, activated partial thromboplastin time > 300 s, prothrombin time > 120 s) and had a very low level of ..
- Membrane-mimetic films containing thrombomodulin and heparin inhibit tissue factor-induced thrombin generation in a flow modelPo Yuan Tseng
School of Chemical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, 30320, USA
Biomaterials 27:2637-50. 2006..These studies are the first to demonstrate the additive effect of surface bound heparin and TM as a combined interactive strategy to limit TF-induced thrombin formation...
- [Treatment of chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura with small dose heparin: a report of 12 cases]Min fang Wang
Department of Hematology, Pingdingshan First People s Hospital, Pingdingshan 467000, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 10:251-2. 2002..The curative effects were seen in 8 patients and there were no exacerbation of hemorrhage during the therapy. The results showed that it is effective and safe to use this treatment for CITP...
- Comparison of calibrated dilute thrombin time and aPTT tests with LC-MS/MS for the therapeutic monitoring of patients treated with dabigatran etexilateJ Douxfils
Douxfils Jonathan, Department of Pharmacy, Namur Thrombosis and Hemostasis Center NTHC, NAmur Research Institute for LIfe Sciences NARILIS, University of Namur, B 5000, Belgium, E mail
Thromb Haemost 110:543-9. 2013..Quantification of lower dabigatran levels in DE-treated patients requires the "reference" LC-MS/MS method. ..
- Influence of 8 and 24-h storage of whole blood at ambient temperature on prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, fibrinogen, thrombin time, antithrombin and D-dimerBettina Kemkes-Matthes
Hemostasis Center, University Hospitals Giessen and Marburg GmbH, Giessen, Germany
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 22:215-20. 2011..for prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), fibrinogen (Fbg), antithrombin (AT), thrombin time (TT) and D-dimer...
- The measurement and application of thrombin generationTrevor Baglin
Department of Haematology, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Br J Haematol 130:653-61. 2005..Ultimately management studies will be required if the clinical utility of measurement of thrombin generation is to be proven...
- Experimental myocardial necrosis in rats: role of arjunolic acid on platelet aggregation, coagulation and antioxidant statusM Sumitra
Department of Biotechnology, Central Leather Research Institute, Adyar, Chennai, India
Mol Cell Biochem 224:135-42. 2001..This study shows that the cardioprotection of arjunolic acid pre and post treatment could possibly be due to the protective effect against the damage caused by myocardial necrosis...
- Inhibitory effect of JTV-803, a new cyclic guanidine derivative, on factor Xa in vitro and in vivoM Hayashi
Central Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Japan Tobacco Inc, 1-1 Murasaki-cho, Takatsuki, Osaka, 569-1125, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 428:163-8. 2001..JTV-803 produced more than 20% inhibition of human factor Xa for 8 h. Taken together, the results indicate JTV-803 is a long-acting oral anticoagulant which exerts its effect via specific inhibition of human factor Xa...
- Monitoring complex formation in the blood-coagulation cascade using aptamer-coated SAW sensorsT M A Gronewold
Center of Advanced European Studies and Research, Aptamer Biosensors, Ludwig Erhard Allee 2, 53175 Bonn, Germany
Biosens Bioelectron 20:2044-52. 2005..Binding of heparin activated the formation of the inhibitory complex of antithrombin III with thrombin about 2.7-fold. Binding of the DNA aptamer to exosite II appeared to inhibit heparin binding to exosite I...
- Partial characterization and anticoagulant activity of a heterofucan from the brown seaweed Padina gymnosporaT M A Silva
Laboratório de Glicobiologia, Departamento de Bioquimica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 38:523-33. 2005....
- Comparison of unfractioned and low molecular weight heparin for prophylaxis of coagulopathies in 52 horses with colic: a randomised double-blind clinical trialK Feige
Department of Veterinary Internal Medicine, University Animal Hospital, Winterthurerstrasse 260, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Equine Vet J 35:506-13. 2003..Unfractioned heparin (UFH) is widely used for prophylaxis of coagulation disorders, especially in colic-affected horses. However, it is accompanied by certain side effects...
- Citrate anticoagulation and the dynamics of thrombin generationK G Mann
Department of Biochemistry, University of Vermont, Colchester, VT 05446, USA
J Thromb Haemost 5:2055-61. 2007..Anticoagulation of blood without chelation can be achieved by inhibition of the contact pathway by corn trypsin inhibitor (CTI)...
- The anticoagulant fraction from the leaves of Diospyros kaki L. has an antithrombotic activityYou Seon Sa
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Ulsan, Ulsan 680 749, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 28:667-74. 2005..It delayed thrombin time (TT), activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), and prothrombin time (PT) using human plasma...
- Anticoagulant activities of a monoclonal antibody that binds to exosite II of thrombinF Lian
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Biochemistry 40:8508-13. 2001..from a patient with multiple myeloma has been shown to bind to exosite II of thrombin, prolong both the thrombin time and the activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) when added to normal plasma, and alter the kinetics of ..
- An international survey of current practice in the laboratory assessment of anticoagulant therapy with heparinEmmanuel J Favaloro
Department of Haematology and Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia Quality Assurance Program, Institute of Clinical Pathology and Medical Research, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
Pathology 37:234-8. 2005..We conducted a survey of laboratory practice for assessment of heparin anticoagulant therapy by participants of the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia Quality Assurance Program (RCPA QAP)...
- Clotting profiles in newborn maltese kids during the first week of lifeGiuseppe Piccione
Dipartimento di Morfologia, Biochimica, Fisiologia e Produzione Animale, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita di Messina, Messina, Italy 98168
J Vet Diagn Invest 20:114-8. 2008..the first week after birth, the prothrombin time (PT), the activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT), the thrombin time (TT), and fibrinogen were assessed...
- Effects of the oral, direct factor xa inhibitor rivaroxaban on platelet-induced thrombin generation and prothrombinase activityJochen Graff
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital, Frankfurt Main, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Clin Pharmacol 47:1398-407. 2007..Rivaroxaban strongly inhibits platelet-induced thrombin generation, after activation of either platelets or the coagulation pathway, even in the presence of minimal factor Xa inhibition in plasma...
- Anticoagulant effects of repeated subcutaneous injections of high doses of unfractionated heparin in healthy dogsR H Mischke
Clinic for Small Animals, School of Veterinary Medicine, Hannover, Germany
Am J Vet Res 62:1887-91. 2001..heparin injections to determine amidolytic heparin activity, activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), thrombin time, antithrombin activity, platelet count, and Hct...
- [Study of a glycoprotein from Gastrodia elata: its effects of anticoagulation and antithrombosis]Cheng shi Ding
Institute of Biochencistry and Nicrobiology, Anhui University, Hefei 230039, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 32:1060-4. 2007..To investigate the effects of polysaccharide 2-1 from Gastrodia elata (PGE2-1) on blood coagulation and thrombosis...
- Ability of recombinant factor VIIa to reverse the anticoagulant effect of the pentasaccharide fondaparinux in healthy volunteersNick R Bijsterveld
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 106:2550-4. 2002..The aim of this study was to investigate whether recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa) could neutralize the anticoagulant effects of subcutaneously administered fondaparinux...
- Anticoagulant from Taraxacum platycarpumSoo In Yun
Department of Biological Sciences and Immunomodulation Research Center, University of Ulsan, Korea
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:1859-64. 2002..When present at the concentration of 70, 255, and 873 nM, respectively, the protein doubled the thrombin time, prothrombin time, and activated partial thromboplastin time...
- Comparison of anticoagulation efficacy and clinical safety between imported and domestically manufactured low-molecular-weight heparin during hemodialysisZhi Qiang Liu
Department of Nephrology, Nanfang Hospital, First Military Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 22:942-3. 2002..To compare the anticoagulation efficacy and clinical safety of domestically manufactured and imported low-molecular-weight-heparin during hemodialysis...
- [Case report. Phenprocoumon (Marcumar, Falithrom) as an unusual reason for coumarin poisoning in a dog]G Lutze
Institut fur Klinische Chemie und Pathobiochemie, Otto von Guericke Universitat Magdeburg
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 110:31-3. 2003..a prolonged activated recalcification time (ARCT), prothrombin time (PT) and aPTT with uncharacteristic thrombin time (TT); factor II, VII and X activities were reduced while factor V activity was normal, all of which are ..
- Treatment of rats with the Pelargonium sidoides extract EPs 7630 has no effect on blood coagulation parameters or on the pharmacokinetics of warfarinE Koch
Preclinical Research, Dr Willmar Schwabe GmbH and Co KG, Karlsruhe, Germany
Phytomedicine 14:40-5. 2007..No effect on thromboplastin time (TPT), partial TPT (PTPT) or thrombin time (TT) was observed after oral administration of EPs 7630 (10, 75, 500 mg/kg) for 2 weeks, while treatment with ..
- Depolymerized holothurian glycosaminoglycan (DHG), a novel alternative anticoagulant for hemodialysis, is safe and effective in a dog renal failure modelKazuhisa Minamiguchi
Microbial Chemistry Research Foundation, Institute for Chemotherapy, Numazu, Shizuoka, Japan
Kidney Int 63:1548-55. 2003..In this study, the anticoagulant and hemorrhagic effects of DHG were investigated on hemodialysis in a dog model of renal failure and compared with those of UFH, LMWH, and nafamostat mesilate (FUT)...
- Effects of platelets and platelet-derived material on the activated partial thromboplastin time (Cephotest) coagulation testE E Mendelsohn
Research Institute for Internal Medicine, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet, Norway
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 65:321-32. 2005..To perform this test, blood is usually centrifuged to obtain plasma that is almost without erythrocytes and leucocytes and with only a minimal amount of platelets...
- Differences in the clinically effective molar concentrations of four direct thrombin inhibitors explain their variable prothrombin time prolongationTheodore E Warkentin
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Thromb Haemost 94:958-64. 2005..DTIs with a relatively low affinity for thrombin require high plasma concentrations to double the APTT; these higher plasma concentrations, in turn, quench more of the thrombin generated in the PT, thereby more greatly prolonging the PT...
- The effects of automated plasmapheresis on clinical, haematological, biochemical and coagulation variables in horsesK Feige
Equine Clinic, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstr 260, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Vet J 169:102-7. 2005..After plasmapheresis, the mean value of the activated partial thromboplastin time and the thrombin time were mildly but significantly increased (P < 0...
- Preparation and anticoagulation activity of sodium cellulose sulfateZhao Mei Wang
Research Institute of Light Industry and Chemical Engineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510640, PR China
Int J Biol Macromol 41:376-82. 2007..higher anticoagulation activity based on activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) assay and prolonged the thrombin time (TT) to a lesser extent than heparin. No effect was detected on the prothrombin time (PT)...
- Purification and characterization of patagonfibrase, a metalloproteinase showing alpha-fibrinogenolytic and hemorrhagic activities, from Philodryas patagoniensis snake venomM E Peichoto
Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales y Agrimensura, Universidad Nacional del Nordeste, Corrientes, Argentina
Biochim Biophys Acta 1770:810-9. 2007..Thus, patagonfibrase may play a key role in the pathogenesis of disturbances that occur in P. patagoniensis envenomation, and may be used as a biological tool to explore many facets of hemostasis...
- Construction and functional evaluation of hirudin derivatives with low bleeding riskChuanling Zhang
Key Lab of Experimental Hematology, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, 27 Taiping Road, Beijing, P R China
Thromb Haemost 99:324-30. 2008..were lower than that of HIR as indicated by the values of activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) and thrombin time (TT). To further assess the safety of these derivatives, bleeding time was measured in a mouse tail-cut model...
- Anticoagulant activity of captoprilArthur S Brecher
Department of Chemistry, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 51:99-105. 2008..Lisinopril at a pharmacological 10(-2) M also prolonged APTT, although it lacks a thiol group. Polylysine (1k-4k) affected a prolongation of APTT at 6.7 x 10(-6) M, suggesting inhibition of clotting by a different mechanism...
- Decreased anticoagulant response to tissue factor pathway inhibitor type 1 in plasmas from patients with lupus anticoagulantsSigurd Liestøl
Department of Haematology, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Br J Haematol 136:131-7. 2007..68%, P = 0.007). Our findings support the hypothesis that TFPI anticoagulant activity is inhibited in some patients with LA...
- Fucosylated chondroitin sulfate as a new oral antithrombotic agentRoberto J C Fonseca
Laboratório de Tecido Conjuntivo, Hospital Universitário Clementino Fraga Filho and Instituto de Bioquímica Médica, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Thromb Haemost 96:822-9. 2006..the plasma anticoagulant activity, as assessed by assays for activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) and thrombin time (TT) (about 3- and 5-fold, respectively) and by anti-IIa activity...
- Gender and inter-species influence on coagulation tests of rats and miceCristina Lemini
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Apartado Postal 70 297, CP 04510, D F, Mexico
Thromb Res 120:415-9. 2007..The aim of this work was to standardize blood coagulation screening tests in adult male, female, and ovariectomized (Ovx) Wistar rats and CD1 mice in an effort to evaluate the influence of gender and species differences on haemostasis...
- Ivermectin and coagulation: an in vitro studyJ Hay
School of Pharmacy, Leicester Polytechnic
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 84:503-6. 1990..No difference in these coagulation tests, relative to untreated controls, was observed after 12 hours' incubation with the drug...
- Increase of the pharmacological and pharmacokinetic efficacy of negatively charged polypeptide recombinant hirudin in rats via parenteral route by association with cationic liposomesMeng Meng
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100083, PR China
J Control Release 128:113-9. 2008....
- [Study of anticoagulant activity of ethanol extracts from leech in vitro]Guang jun Feng
Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, College of Pharmaceutical Science, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Zhong Yao Cai 30:909-11. 2007..To study the anticoagulant activity of different portions of leech ethanol extracts (LEEs)...
- Amidolytic heparin activity and values for several hemostatic variables after repeated subcutaneous administration of high doses of a low molecular weight heparin in healthy dogsR Mischke
Clinic for Small Animals, School of Veterinary Medicine of Hanover, Germany
Am J Vet Res 62:595-8. 2001..collected before and 2 hours after the first, second, third, and sixth injections to measure heparin activity, thrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), antithrombin activity, Hct, and platelet count...
- The antithrombotic effect of borneol related to its anticoagulant propertyYan Hong Li
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine, Guangzhou 510405, China
Am J Chin Med 36:719-27. 2008..Meanwhile, borneol prolonged the coagulation parameters for prothrombin time (PT) and thrombin time (TT), but did not show any fibrinolytic activity...
- Do trichothecenes reduce viability of circulating blood cells and modify haemostasis parameters?R Froquet
Laboratoire de Microbiologie et Sécurité Alimentaire, Ecole Supérieure de Microbiologie et Sécurité Alimentaire de Brest, ISAMOR, Technopole Brest Iroise, 29280 Plouzane, France
Mycopathologia 156:349-56. 2003..Due to the differences in sensitivities between mature blood cells and haematopoietic progenitors, haematological problems associated with trichothecene intoxication could be attributed to haematopoiesis inhibition...
- Thrombin inhibition with melagatran does not attenuate renal ischaemia-reperfusion injury in ratsNicoletta Nitescu
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Institute of Clinical Sciences, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:2149-55. 2007..The aim of the present study was to examine the effects of selective thrombin inhibition with melagatran on kidney morphology and function in rats subjected to renal IR...
- Temporarily successful eradication therapy in acquired haemophilia with high inhibitor titer: a case report with a new protocolPeter Ilonczai
University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center, 2nd Department of Medicine, Division of Haemostasis, 4032, Nagyerdei krt 98 Debrecen, Hungary
Thromb Haemost 100:149-50. 2008
- Mechanism for shortening PT and APTT in dogs and rats--effect of fibrinogen on PT and APTT--Masaaki Kurata
Worldwide Safety Sciences, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Nagoya Laboratories, Pfizer Inc, 5 2 Taketoyo, Aichi 470 2393, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 28:439-43. 2003..The increased concentrations of clottable fibrinogen in the test system were confirmed by markedly shortened thrombin time (TT)...
- Heparanase modulates heparinoids anticoagulant activities via non-enzymatic mechanismsBen Zion Katz
The Hematology Institute, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Thromb Haemost 98:1193-9. 2007..Altogether, heparanase pro-coagulant activities that were also demonstrated in plasma samples from patients under LMWH treatment, point to a possible use of this molecule as antagonist for heparinoid treatment...
- Effects of Danshensu on maternal syndrome in phosphatidylserine/phosphatidylcholine microvesicle induced-mouse model: is it a candidate for preeclampsia remedy?Yang Shen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Zhongda Hospital, Southeast University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210009, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 123:895-900. 2010..This study aimed to evaluate the effects of Danshensu on maternal syndrome in phosphatidylserine/phosphatidylcholine (PS/PC) microvesicle induced-mouse model...
- Cutaneous and systemic effects of varying doses of brown recluse spider venom in a rabbit modelDavid L McGlasson
Clinical Research Squadron MSRL, Lackland AFB, TX 78236 5300, USA
Clin Lab Sci 20:99-105. 2007..Establishment of a dose-response relationship is an important first step in determining if the NZW rabbit is a suitable model to study both cutaneous and systemic effects of the venom...
- Effect of two low-dose gestodene containing monophasic oral contraceptives on hemostasis in Bulgarian womenEkaterina Uchikova
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University, 4000 Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Expert Opin Pharmacother 9:1839-44. 2008..To compare the effects of two monophasic oral contraceptives upon coagulation, fibrinolysis and the system of natural inhibitors (anticoagulant pathways) in Bulgarian women...
- Antithrombotic actions of argatroban in rat models of venous, 'mixed' and arterial thrombosis, and its effects on the tail transection bleeding timeC N Berry
Pre Clinical Research Department, , Bagneux, France
Br J Pharmacol 113:1209-14. 1994..antithrombotic effects of argatroban were accompanied by only moderate changes in the coagulation parameters (thrombin time and activated partial thromboplastin time, APTT), whereas, even at a subthreshold dose of heparin (12...
- [Impact of heparin on coagulation index during the therapy of molecular adsorbent recirculating system in patients with liver failure]Su e Yuan
Department of Infectious Disease, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 36:830-5. 2011..To investigate the impact of coagulative parameters on different anticoagulation systems in molecular adsorbent recirculating system (MARS) in subjects with liver failure, and to evaluate the safety of different anticoagulation methods ...
- [Perioperative changes of coagulation functions in the local advanced liver cancer patients receiving liver transplantation]Hao Yuan Wang
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510060, P R China
Ai Zheng 27:743-7. 2008..This study was to explore perioperative changes of coagulation functions in the local advanced liver cancer patients who received liver transplantation...
- Defibrinogenating enzymesW R Bell
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Drugs 54:18-30; discussion 30-1. 1997..These venom fractions can be substituted for thrombin in performing the thrombin time and in removing fibrinogen from plasma for accurate determination of fibrinogen-fibrin degradation products.
- Effect of gamma irradiation with 30 Gy on the coagulation system in leukoreduced fresh-frozen plasmaVolker Weisbach
Department of Transfusion Medicine and Hemostaseology, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Transfusion 47:1658-65. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of gamma irradiation with 30 Gy on the coagulation system in leukoreduced fresh-frozen plasma (FFP)...
- [Thrombocyte dysfunction in children with albinism]Z Pap
Városi Egészségügyi Szolgálat, Debrecen
Orv Hetil 138:467-71. 1997..In 6 patients coagulation screening tests (prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, thrombin time) were normal, in 1 patient prolongation of activated partial thromboplastin time due to mild factor XI ..
- How useful is the monitoring of (low molecular weight) heparin therapy by anti-Xa assay? A laboratory perspectiveEmmanuel J Favaloro
Department of Haematology and RCPA Quality Assurance Program QAP, Institute of Clinical Pathology and Medical Research ICPMR, Westmead Hospital, NSW, Australia
Lab Hematol 11:157-62. 2005..0 U/mL. Tests to be performed were the activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), the thrombin time (TT), fibrinogen, and anti-Xa...
- Filtration of methylene blue-photooxidized plasma: influence on coagulation and cellular contaminationJ Riggert
Department of Transfusion Medicine, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Transfusion 41:82-6. 2001..Subsequent filtration may increase the efficacy of virus inactivation and reduce adverse effects of WBC contamination and MB...
- Clotting alterations in primary systemic amyloidosisG Gamba
Istituto di Medicina Interna e Oncologia Medica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Haematologica 85:289-92. 2000..This investigation was aimed at defining the prevalence of clotting abnormalities and their clinical manifestations in patients with AL...
- The effects of unfractionated heparin, low molecular weight heparin and danaparoid on the thromboelastogram (TEG): an in-vitro comparison of standard and heparinase-modified TEGs with conventional coagulation assaysJason A Coppell
Haemophilia Centre and Haemostasis Unit, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 17:97-104. 2006..DPD on standard TEG parameters were compared with the prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, thrombin time and anti-activated factor X (anti-FXa) activity, at concentrations of these anticoagulants ranging from 0...
- One-stage prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, thrombin time, fibrin degradation product concentration, and antithrombin activity in healthy adult alpacasAmanda M House
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Vet Clin Pathol 40:195-7. 2011..alpaca reference intervals for one-stage prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT), thrombin time (TT), concentration of fibrin degradation products (FDP), and antithrombin (AT) activities are scarce or ..
- Correlation between the extent of platelet activation in platelet concentrates and in vitro and in vivo parametersM J Dijkstra-Tiekstra
Sanquin Blood Bank North West Region, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Vox Sang 87:257-63. 2004..between platelet activation and in vivo parameters [the volume of thorax drain fluid as a measure of blood loss, platelet count, international normalized ratio (INR), and activated partial thrombin time (APTT)] in a clinical pilot study.
- Congenital prekallikrein deficiencyAntonio Girolami
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Padua University, Via Ospedale, Padua, Italy
Expert Rev Hematol 3:685-95. 2010..based on the presence of a great prolongation of partial thromboplastin time and normal prothrombin time and thrombin time. The long partial thromboplastin time is fully corrected by the addition of normal plasma or normal serum and ..
- Dextran sulfate included in factor Xa assay reagent overestimates heparin activity in patients after heparin reversal by protamineChristine Mouton
Haemobiology Laboratory, Cardiologic Hospital, C H U de Bordeaux, Avenue Magellan, Pessac 33604, France
Thromb Res 111:273-9. 2003A lack of correlation between activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT), thrombin time (TT) and anti-factor Xa (AXa) activity was observed in patients after cardiac surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass (CBP)...
- [Study on dynamic changes in coagulability and von Willebrand factor and its correlation with prognosis of cardiopulmonary resuscitation]Jing Xia Zhou
Emergency Department of Chengde Central Hospital, Chengde 067000, Hebei, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 21:734-7. 2009..To investigate dynamic changes in coagulability and von Willebrand factor (vWF), and explore their correlation with prognosis of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)...
- [Relationship between coagulation function and international prognostic index in lymphoma patients]Ya Jun Jiang
Department of Hematology, Second Municipal People Hospital of Lianyungang, Lianyungang 222002, Jiangsu Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 18:1489-93. 2010..The prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), thrombin time (TT) and fibrinogen (FIB) were detected by magnetic bead method in 75 lymphoma patients and 20 healthy persons...
- Impact of fibrinogen concentration in severely ill patients on mechanical properties of whole blood clotsCarl Erik Dempfle
First Department of Medicine, Germany bDepartment of Anaesthesiology and Operative Intensive Care, University Hospital of Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 19:765-70. 2008..In contrast, clotting time assays such as prothrombin time, thrombin time, or activated partial thromboplastin time are influenced by the fibrinogen concentration only at levels below ..
- Bleeding tendency in Wolfram syndrome: a newly identified feature with phenotype genotype correlationM Al-Sheyyab
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
Eur J Pediatr 160:243-6. 2001..All individuals in the three study groups have normal platelet count, thrombin time (TT), prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT), clot retraction, Factor VIII ..
- The pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and tolerability of dabigatran etexilate, a new oral direct thrombin inhibitor, in healthy male subjectsJoachim Stangier
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Ingelheim, Germany
Br J Clin Pharmacol 64:292-303. 2007..Two double-blind, randomized trials were undertaken to investigate the pharmacokinetics (PK), pharmacodynamics (PD) and tolerability of orally administered dabigatran etexilate in healthy male subjects...
- Activations of coagulation and fibrinolysis secondary to bowel inflammation in patients with ulcerative colitisKeiichiro Kume
Department of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Japan, School of Medicine, Kitakyusyu
Intern Med 46:1323-9. 2007..Thus, our aim was to evaluate the hyper states of coagulation and fibrinolysis in UC by comparing activations of coagulation and fibrinolysis in patients with active UC and in those with IC...
- Effect of natural honey on human platelets and blood coagulation proteinsAsif Ahmed
Department of Pharmacology, Baqai Medical University, Karachi, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 24:389-97. 2011..aggregation and blood coagulation employing, activated partial prothrombin time (aPTT), prothrombin time (PT), thrombin time (TT) and fibrinogen levels in blood...
- Purification and preliminary characterization of a plasma kallikrein inhibitor isolated from sea hares Aplysia dactylomela Rang, 1828Y Gonzalez
Facultad de Biologia, Centro de Estudio de las Proteinas, Universidad de La Habana, Ciudad de La Habana
Toxicon 43:219-23. 2004..The inhibitor did not affect prothrombin time or thrombin time. AdKi is a more specific inhibitor than other serine proteinase inhibitors from marine invertebrates.
- Global fibrinolytic capacity is decreased in polycystic ovary syndrome, suggesting a prothrombotic stateBulent O Yildiz
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey, 06100
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:3871-5. 2002..total cholesterol; HDL-cholesterol (HDL-C); lipoprotein-a; prothrombin time; partial thromboplastin time; thrombin time; antithrombin III; factors II, V, VII, and X; fibrinogen; plasminogen; antiplasmin; and D-dimer...
- Causes of isolated prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time in an acute care general hospitalW J Chng
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 380433
Singapore Med J 46:450-6. 2005..To determine the causes of isolated prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) in an acute care general hospital setting so as to rationalise fresh frozen plasma usage...
- Coagulation disorders and inhibitors of coagulation in children from Mansoura, EgyptNabil Abdelrazik
Department of Pediatrics, Mansoura University Children Hospital, Mansoura, Egypt
Hematology 12:309-14. 2007..platelet count, bleeding time (BT), prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), thrombin time (TT)...
- Survey of lupus anticoagulant diagnosis by central evaluation of positive plasma samplesV Pengo
Clinical Cardiology, Thrombosis Centre, University Hospital, Padova, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 5:925-30. 2007..To determine whether the diagnosis of lupus anticoagulant (LAC) in a large cohort of positive patients was confirmed at a reference laboratory...
- Evaluation of primary haemostasis in people with neurofibromatosis type 1E J Favaloro
Department of Haematology, Institute of Clinical Pathology and Medical Research ICPMR, Westmead Hospital, Western Sydney Area Health Service, Westmead, NSW, Australia
Clin Lab Haematol 26:341-5. 2004..routine coagulation parameters [prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), thrombin time (TT) and fibrinogen], coagulation factors II, V, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI and XII, von Willebrand (VWF) factor ..
- Plasma volume expansion with Haemaccel does not impair haemostasis during reduction mammaplastyV Van Wyk
Department of Haematology, University of the Orange Free State, Bloemfontein
S Afr J Surg 36:22-5; discussion 25-6. 1998..An in vivo study under well-controlled conditions was undertaken to determine the effect of Haemaccel, a colloidal plasma volume expander, on normal haemostasis...
- Ser234Leu missense mutation in the A1 domain of factor V causing moderate factor V deficiency in a Chinese familyPei pei Jin
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
Pathology 41:566-71. 2009..To investigate the molecular defects in a Chinese pedigree with inherited factor V (FV) deficiency...
- Is the activated partial thromboplastin time suitable to screen for von Willebrand factor deficiencies?Giuseppe Lippi
Sezione di Chimica e Microscopia Clinica, Dipartimento di Scienze Morfologico Biomediche, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Ospedale Policlinico G B Rossi, Piazzale Scuro 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 18:361-4. 2007..time, von Willebrand factor antigen, intrinsic pathway clotting factors activity, lupus anticoagulants and thrombin time. Thirty-seven patients were diagnosed with haemostasis disturbances other than von Willebrand factor ..
- Influence of direct thrombin inhibitor argatroban on coagulation assays in healthy individuals, patients under oral anticoagulation therapy and patients with liver dysfunctionRobert Siegmund
Institut für Klinische Chemie und Laboratoriumsdiagnostik, Universitatsklinikum Jena, Jena, Germany
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 19:288-93. 2008..Consequently, prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, thrombin time, batroxobin time, coagulation factor activity (FII-FXIII), protein S (activity), protein C (chromogen) and ..
- The thrombolytic effect of miniplasmin in a canine model of femoral artery thrombosisJieying Fu
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, China
Thromb Res 122:683-90. 2008..Miniplasmin was a des-kringle variant of plasminogen with potential pharmacological application. We investigated the thrombolytic effect of miniplasmin in a canine model of femoral artery thrombosis...
- Predictive role of serum procollagen III peptide and Knodell's index in survival prognosis of patients with hepatitis B virus liver cirrhosisZarko Babic
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Department of Medicine, Sv Duh General Hospital, Zagreb, Croatia
Wien Klin Wochenschr 115:302-8. 2003....
- Effect of chitosan molecular weight and deacetylation degree on hemostasisJian Yang
Tianjin Institute of Medical Equipment, Tianjin 300161, People s Republic of China
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 84:131-7. 2008..The values of thrombin time (TT), prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), and fibrinogen concentration (FIB) ..
- Molecular adsorbent recirculating system and hemostasis in patients at high risk of bleeding: an observational studyPeter Faybik
Department of Anesthesiology and General Intensive Care, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Crit Care 10:R24. 2006..The aim of the study was to evaluate the effects of liver support using a molecular adsorbent recirculating system (MARS) on the coagulation system in patients at high risk of bleeding...
- Comparison of the fibrinogen Clauss assay and the fibrinogen PT derived method in patients with dysfibrinogenemiaW Miesbach
Haemophilia Center, Medical Clinic III Institute of Transfusion Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Thromb Res 126:e428-33. 2010..In addition, immunological and heat fibrinogen concentrations as well as global coagulation tests were measured...
- DIC secondary to acute pancreatitisM W Saif
Division of Hematology Oncology and Department of Clinical Pharmacology Toxicology, University of Alabama at Birmingham UAB, 263 Wallace Tumor Institute, 1824 6th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Clin Lab Haematol 27:278-82. 2005..Coagulation work-up revealed thrombin time 24.3 s fibrinogen 110 mg/dl, D-dimers >1 and < 2, and fibrin degradation products >22...
- Intrauterine fetal death and delivery complications associated with coagulopathy: a retrospective analysis of 104 casesClemens B Tempfer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18:469-74. 2009..To assess the prevalence of delivery complications associated with coagulopathy in women with intrauterine fetal death (IUFD)...
- Effect of diallyl trisulfide-rich garlic oil on blood coagulation and plasma activity of anticoagulation factors in ratsKung Chi Chan
Department of Food and Nutrition, Providence University, Sha Lu, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Food Chem Toxicol 45:502-7. 2007..Garlic oil supplement at 5 or 50mg garlic oil/kg bodyweight significantly prolonged bleeding time and thrombin time, and enhanced anticoagulation factor activity, such as antithrombin III and protein C (P<0.05)...
- Effect of caffeic acid phenethyl ester on the hemostatic alterations associated with toxic-induced acute liver failureAida A Korish
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 21:158-63. 2010..glutamic pyruvic transaminase), total bilirubin, prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, thrombin time, fibrinogen level, anti-thrombin III levels, platelet count and antioxidative enzymes; catalase and superoxide ..
- Heparin-like anticoagulant associated with multiple myeloma and neutralized with protamine sulfateLamia Torjemane
Centre National de Greffe de Moelle Osseuse de Tunis, Tunis, Tunisia
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 18:279-81. 2007..Routine coagulation studies revealed a prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time and thrombin time (> 60 s) with a normal reptilase time...
- Thrombotic reactant markers in non-ST segment elevation acute coronary syndromes treated with either enoxaparin (low molecular weight heparin) or unfractionated heparinE Gurfinkel
Institute of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, Favaloro, Foundation, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Thromb Thrombolysis 8:227-32. 1999....
- Femoral pseudoaneurysms: management with percutaneous thrombin injections--success rates and effects on systemic coagulationKarsten Krüger
Department of Radiology, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Strasse, D 50924 Cologne, Germany
Radiology 226:452-8. 2003..To determine the success rate of percutaneous ultrasonographically (US) guided thrombin injection in the treatment of femoral pseudoaneurysms and to evaluate the effects of thrombin injection on systemic coagulation parameters...
- [Effects of danazol therapy in endometriosis on the blood picture and blood coagulation]K W Schweppe
Geburtshilfliche Gynäkologische Abteilung, Kreiskrankenhaus Ammerland, Akad Lehrkrhs d Univ Göttingen, Westerstede
Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd 48:634-6. 1988..There were no changes in RBC, leukocyte count, or thrombocyte count; the mean cellular erythrocyte volume, thrombin time, thromboplastin time, and partial thromboplastin time also remained unchanged, as did factors VII, VIII, X, ..
- [Effect of mesenteric lymph duct ligation on coagulability of blood after acute loss of blood in rats]Zi gang Zhao
Institute of Microcirculation, Hebei North University, Zhangjiakou 075029, Hebei, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 21:708-10. 2009....
- A neonatal presentation of factor V deficiency: a case reportAmol Chingale
Department of Pediatrics, Luton and Dunstable Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU 4 0DZ, UK
BMC Pediatr 7:8. 2007..Factor V deficiency is a rare autosomal recessive coagulation disorder. Awareness of presenting features and management is important to avoid bleeding complications associated with mortality and neurodisability...
- Sulfonation of papain-treated chitosan and its mechanism for anticoagulant activityJiraporn Suwan
Thailand Excellence Center for Tissue Engineering, Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Carbohydr Res 344:1190-6. 2009..Anticoagulant activity was investigated by an activated partial thromboplastin assay, a thrombin time assay, a prothrombin time assay, and thrombelastography...
- Pharmacokinetics and anticoagulant properties of the factor VIIa-tissue factor inhibitor recombinant Nematode Anticoagulant Protein c2 following subcutaneous administration in man. Dependence on the stoichiometric binding to circulating factor XGeorge P Vlasuk
Corvas International, Inc, 3030 Science Park Road, San Diego, California, 92121, USA
Thromb Haemost 90:803-12. 2003..In contrast, there was little or no effect on the activated partial thromboplastin time, thrombin time or template bleeding time...
- Antiplatelet and anticoagulant effects of Panax notoginseng: comparison of raw and steamed Panax notoginseng with Panax ginseng and Panax quinquefoliumAik Jiang Lau
Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore, 18 Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543, Singapore
J Ethnopharmacol 125:380-6. 2009..Panax notoginseng (Burk.) F. H. Chen (Araliacea) is traditionally used for its hemostatic and cardiovascular effects when raw and as a tonic when steamed...
- [Effect of a novel fibrinolytic enzyme FA-I on thrombosis and thrombolysis]Gao xue Wang
College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, Yangling 712100, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 40:288-91. 2009..To study the effect of FA-I, a novel fibrinolytic enzyme isolated from the metabolite of Arthrobacter sp. DR-536, on thrombosis and thrombolysis in vivo...
- Reptilase time (RT)Hratsch Karapetian
Division of Paediatric Cardiology, Department of Paediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Methods Mol Biol 992:273-7. 2013..Therefore, it can be used to confirm heparin contamination or to obtain similar information as with the thrombin clotting time in heparinized and hemophiliac patients...
- SYNTHESIS AND TESTING OF A NEW CLASS OF HEPARINOIDSJoseph Toce; Fiscal Year: 1991..generated will be examined for their ability to prolong the activated partial thromboplastin time and the thrombin time. The standard will be heparin, 175 units/mg. Dr...
- PE BIOSYSTEMS VOYAGER DE MALDI-TOFKenneth Mann; Fiscal Year: 2001..The fulfillment of the specific aims described in detail in the twelve research proposals would be facilitated by the addiction of a Voyager-DE MALDI-TOF ..
- Symphony Multiplex Peptide Synthesizer w/ VISION WorkstnKenneth Mann; Fiscal Year: 2004..There is currently no preparative HPLC system on the campus of the University of Vermont and this system is badly needed for many investigators. ..
- PRIMARY STRUCTURE OF PROTHROMBINKenneth Mann; Fiscal Year: 2008..The major aim of this project is to elucidate the structure/function relationships of this material with respect to factor V inactivation and to access its potential significance in the pathology of human thrombosis. ..