Genomes and Genes
Summary: The number of LYMPHOCYTES per unit volume of BLOOD.
Publications233 found, 100 shown here
- Neutrophil/lymphocyte ratio and its association with survival after complete resection in non-small cell lung cancerKhaled M Sarraf
Academic Division of Thoracic Surgery, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 137:425-8. 2009..We sought to determine factors associated with increasing neutrophil/lymphocyte ratios and the stage-adjusted prognostic effect in patients undergoing resection for non-small cell lung cancer...
- Ratio of neutrophil to lymphocyte counts--rapid and simple parameter of systemic inflammation and stress in critically illR Zahorec
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, St Elizabeth Cancer Institute, Bratislava
Bratisl Lek Listy 102:5-14. 2001..We investigate whether serial examination of white blood cell counts may reflect and clarify the immune response to stressful events in critically ill patients...
- Regulatory T cells control HIV replication in activated T cells through a cAMP-dependent mechanismMaria E Moreno-Fernandez
Division of Molecular Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Blood 117:5372-80. 2011..Such a protective role of Tregs could have a profound impact on infection outcome...
- Lymphocytopenia and neutrophil-lymphocyte count ratio predict bacteremia better than conventional infection markers in an emergency care unitCornelis P C de Jager
Department of Emergency Medicine and Intensive Care, Jeroen Bosch Ziekenhuis, Tolbrugstraat 11, 5200 ME s Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Crit Care 14:R192. 2010..Likewise, the neutrophil-lymphocyte count ratio (NLCR) has been shown a simple promising method to evaluate systemic inflammation in critically ill ..
- A putative chemokine receptor, BLR1, directs B cell migration to defined lymphoid organs and specific anatomic compartments of the spleenR Forster
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin Buch, Germany
Cell 87:1037-47. 1996..Our results identify the putative chemokine receptor BLR1 as the first G protein-coupled receptor involved in B cell migration and localization of these cells within specific anatomic compartments...
- Which white blood cell subtypes predict increased cardiovascular risk?Benjamin D Horne
Cardiovascular Department, LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah 84143, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:1638-43. 2005..We sought to determine the predictive ability of total white blood cell (WBC) count and its subtypes for risk of death or myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Pre-treatment neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio is elevated in epithelial ovarian cancer and predicts survival after treatmentHanByoul Cho
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yongdong Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, South Korea
Cancer Immunol Immunother 58:15-23. 2009....
- Association between admission neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio and outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndromeUmesh U Tamhane
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Am J Cardiol 102:653-7. 2008..Admission NLR is an independent predictor of in-hospital and 6-month mortality in patients with ACS. This relatively inexpensive marker of inflammation can aid in the risk stratification and prognosis of patients diagnosed with ACS...
- Intraepithelial effector (CD3+)/regulatory (FoxP3+) T-cell ratio predicts a clinical outcome of human colon carcinomaFrank A Sinicrope
Miles and Shirley Fiterman Digestive Disease Center, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Gastroenterology 137:1270-9. 2009..We investigated whether the intratumoral densities of FoxP3(+) and effector CD3(+) lymphocytes are associated with prognosis of patients with colon cancer...
- Relation between lymphopenia and bacteraemia in UK adults with medical emergenciesD H Wyllie
Nuffield Departments of Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
J Clin Pathol 57:950-5. 2004..To determine the relevance of lymphopenia to the diagnosis of bacteraemia in patients admitted with medical emergencies, relative to peripheral blood white cell count and neutrophilia...
- Identification of CD8+CD25+Foxp3+ suppressive T cells in colorectal cancer tissueN Chaput
Département de Biothérapie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Gut 58:520-9. 2009..In this descriptive study, we analysed blood and tissue regulatory T cell populations in patients with CRC...
- Reference values for peripheral blood lymphocyte phenotypes applicable to the healthy adult population in SwitzerlandLeslie R Bisset
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Haematol 72:203-12. 2004....
- Absolute lymphocyte count is a novel prognostic indicator in extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma, nasal typeJ J Huang
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China
Ann Oncol 22:149-55. 2011extranodal natural killer (NK)/T-cell lymphoma (ENKL) is a heterogeneous entity with poor survival, requiring risk stratification in affected patients. We proposed absolute lymphocyte count (ALC) as a new prognostic factor in ENKL.
- IL-7 therapy dramatically alters peripheral T-cell homeostasis in normal and SIV-infected nonhuman primatesTerry J Fry
Pediatric Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Blood 101:2294-9. 2003..These results also raise the possibility that IL-7 therapy could be used to temporarily modulate T-cell cycling in vivo in the context of immunotherapies such as vaccination...
- Increased airway T regulatory cells in asthmatic subjectsLucy J C Smyth
University of Manchester, NIHR Translational Research Facility, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, University Hospital of South Manchester Foundation Trust, Manchester, England
Chest 138:905-12. 2010..We also investigated the regulatory function of CD4 cells by expression of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 (CTLA4), and the number of these cells that are intraepithelial lymphocytes expressing CD103...
- The effect of peripheral blood values on prognosis of patients with locally advanced gastric cancer before treatmentMehmet Aliustaoglu
Department of Medical Oncology, Haydarpasa Numune Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Med Oncol 27:1060-5. 2010....
- Absolute lymphocyte count on day 30 is a surrogate for robust hematopoietic recovery and strongly predicts outcome after T cell-depleted allogeneic stem cell transplantationBipin N Savani
Hematology Branch, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:1216-23. 2007Several studies have shown that a higher lymphocyte count 3-4 weeks after allogeneic stem cell transplantation (SCT) is associated with better transplant outcome. However, the factors determining early lymphocyte recovery are not defined...
- Absolute lymphocyte count predicts therapeutic efficacy and survival at the time of radioimmunotherapy in patients with relapsed follicular lymphomasL F Porrata
Leukemia 21:2554-6. 2007
- IL-17-producing innate lymphoid cells are restricted to mucosal tissues and are depleted in SIV-infected macaquesH Xu
Tulane National Primate Research Center, Tulane University School of Medicine, 18703 Three Rivers Road, Covington, LA 70433, USA
Mucosal Immunol 5:658-69. 2012....
- The search for a predictor of CD4 cell count continues: total lymphocyte count is not a substitute for CD4 cell count in the management of HIV-infected individuals in a resource-limited settingN O Akinola
Department of Haematology and Immunology, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria
Clin Infect Dis 39:579-81. 2004Total lymphocyte count (TLC) has been recommended as a substitute for CD4 cell count for the management of HIV-infected individuals living in resource-limited settings...
- Absolute lymphocyte count predicts overall survival in follicular lymphomasMustaqeem Siddiqui
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
Br J Haematol 134:596-601. 2006The peripheral blood absolute lymphocyte count (ALC) recovery after autologous stem cell transplantation has been shown to be an independent prognostic factor for survival for different haematologic malignancies...
- Normalization of B cell counts and subpopulations after antiretroviral therapy in chronic HIV diseaseSusan Moir
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Infect Dis 197:572-9. 2008..However, little is known regarding the effect of antiretroviral therapy (ART)-induced decrease in HIV viremia on B cell numbers and subpopulations...
- A potential role for interleukin-7 in T-cell homeostasisT J Fry
Pediatric Oncology Branch, Biostatistics and Data Management Section, and HIV and AIDS Malignancy Branch of the National Cancer Institute, The National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Blood 97:2983-90. 2001..In light of the known effects of IL-7 on T-cell regeneration, we postulate that increased availability of IL-7 could play a critical role in restoring T-cell homeostasis following T-cell depletion...
- Absolute lymphocyte counts predicts response to chemotherapy and survival in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaD H Kim
Leukemia 21:2227-30. 2007
- Absolute lymphocyte count is a novel prognostic indicator in ALL and AML: implications for risk stratification and future studiesGuillermo De Angulo
Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Cancer 112:407-15. 2008..The prognostic significance of absolute lymphocyte counts (ALC) was evaluated in young patients with acute myeloblastic leukemia (AML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)...
- Retinoic acid determines the precise tissue tropism of inflammatory Th17 cells in the intestineChuanwu Wang
Laboratory of Immunology and Hematopoiesis, Department of Comparative Pathobiology, Purdue Cancer Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Immunol 184:5519-26. 2010..The results indicate also that specific gut tropism of Th17 cells is determined by the combination of trafficking receptors regulated by the RA signal...
- CD8+ lymphocytes do not mediate protection against acute superinfection 20 days after vaccination with a live attenuated simian immunodeficiency virusRichard Stebbings
Division of Immunology, NIBSC, Blanche Lane, South Mimms, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire EN6 3QG, United Kingdom
J Virol 79:12264-72. 2005....
- Daily supplementation of tocotrienol-rich fraction or alpha-tocopherol did not induce immunomodulatory changes in healthy human volunteersAmmu K Radhakrishnan
Department of Pathology, International Medical University, 126, Jalan 19 155B, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Br J Nutr 101:810-5. 2009..As these observations were made in the absence of any immunogenic challenge, we feel it would be of benefit to study if there would be any differences observed when an immunogenic challenge such as vaccination were introduced...
- Single-institution experience with ipilimumab in advanced melanoma patients in the compassionate use setting: lymphocyte count after 2 doses correlates with survivalGeoffrey Y Ku
Ludwig Center for Cancer Immunotherapy, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Cancer 116:1767-75. 2010..The authors report on advanced refractory melanoma patients treated in a compassionate use trial of ipilimumab at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center...
- Regulatory T cells contribute to the impaired immune response in patients with chronic hepatitis B virus infectionJeroen N Stoop
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hepatology 41:771-8. 2005..T(reg) have an immunosuppressive effect on HBV-specific T helper cells. The presence of HBV-specific T(reg) could contribute to an inadequate immune response against the virus, leading to chronic infection...
- Endogenous CD4(+) CD25(+) regulatory T cells have a limited role in the control of Trypanosoma cruzi infection in miceJoshua Kotner
Department of Cellular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Infect Immun 75:861-9. 2007..cruzi infection...
- Control of viremia in simian immunodeficiency virus infection by CD8+ lymphocytesJ E Schmitz
Division of Viral Pathogenesis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Science 283:857-60. 1999..These results confirm the importance of cell-mediated immunity in controlling HIV-1 infection and support the exploration of vaccination approaches for preventing infection that will elicit these immune responses...
- Usefulness of total lymphocyte count in monitoring highly active antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settingsMotasim Badri
Somerset Hospital, University of Cape Town, South Africa
AIDS 17:541-5. 2003To assess the usefulness of total lymphocyte count (TLC) for monitoring HIV-infected patients receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy. DESIGN Observational cohort study.
- Bacteraemia prediction in emergency medical admissions: role of C reactive proteinD H Wyllie
Nuffield Department of Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
J Clin Pathol 58:352-6. 2005..To define the contribution made by C reactive protein (CRP) measurement to bacteraemia prediction in adults with medical emergencies in the UK...
- Expansions of peripheral blood CD8 T-lymphocyte subpopulations and an association with cytomegalovirus seropositivity in the elderly: the Swedish NONA immune studyAnders Wikby
Department of Natural Science and Biomedicine, University College of Health Sciences, Jonkoping, Sweden
Exp Gerontol 37:445-53. 2002..As in the OCTO study, the NONA-Immune data indicated that the changes are associated significantly with seropositive responses to CMV...
- Enhancement of the efficacy of chemotherapy with oxaliplatin plus 5-fluorouracil by pretreatment with IL-2 subcutaneous immunotherapy in metastatic colorectal cancer patients with lymphocytopenia prior to therapyP Lissoni
Division of Radiation Oncology, S Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Milan, Italy
In Vivo 19:1077-80. 2005..in metastatic colorectal cancer patients with pretreatment lymphocytopenia, which was defined as a lymphocyte count of less than 1500/mm3...
- Loss of IL-17-producing CD8 T cells during late chronic stage of pathogenic simian immunodeficiency virus infectionPragati Nigam
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory Vaccine Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Immunol 186:745-53. 2011..Depletion of Tc17 cells was not observed in colorectal mucosa of chronically infected SIV+ sooty mangabeys. In conclusion, our results suggest a role for Tc17 cells in regulating disease progression during pathogenic SIV infection...
- Decreased CD161+CD8+ T cells in the peripheral blood of patients suffering from rheumatic diseasesA Mitsuo
Department of Rheumatology and Internal Medicine, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Tokyo, Japan
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:1477-84. 2006....
- Total lymphocyte count and hemoglobin combined in an algorithm to initiate the use of highly active antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settingsLisa A Spacek
Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
AIDS 17:1311-7. 2003..To develop clinical algorithms that improve the sensitivity of surrogate markers to initiate the use of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in resource-limited settings...
- Prognosis and postoperative lymphocyte count in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma who received intraoperative allogenic blood transfusion: a retrospective studyS Sugita
Department of Surgery, National Hospital Organization Miyazaki Hospital, 19403 4 Kawaminami machi, Miyazaki 889 1301, Japan
Eur J Surg Oncol 34:339-45. 2008..To clarify the prognostic value of intraoperative allogenic blood transfusion, we conducted a comparative retrospective analysis of 224 patients with HCC who underwent hepatic resection...
- Rapid modifications of peripheral T-cell subsets that express CD127 in macaques treated with recombinant IL-7Nathalie Dereuddre-Bosquet
SPI Bio, CEA, Fontenay aux Roses, Cedex, France
J Med Primatol 36:228-37. 2007..Interleukin-7 (IL-7) is a key regulator of thymopoiesis and T-cell homeostasis, which increases blood T-cell number by enhancing thymic output of naive cells and peripheral proliferation...
- Long-term effect of FTY720 on lymphocyte count and islet allograft survival in miceLongshan Liu
Organ Transplant Center, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Microsurgery 27:300-4. 2007This study was performed to observe the long-term effect of FTY720 on lymphocyte count change and islet allograft survival. Diabetic C57BL/6 mice were given FTY720 (group 1, 0.5 mg/kg/day; group 2, 1...
- Total lymphocyte count (TLC) is a useful tool for the timing of opportunistic infection prophylaxis in India and other resource-constrained countriesN Kumarasamy
Y R G Centre for AIDS Research and Education, Chennai, India
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 31:378-83. 2002..OBJECTIVES To evaluate the correlation of total lymphocyte count (TLC), an inexpensive and widely available parameter, to CD4 count...
- Low peripheral lymphocyte count before focal radiotherapy plus concomitant temozolomide predicts severe lymphopenia during malignant glioma treatmentEiichi Ishikawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 50:638-44. 2010..0001, R(2) = 0.569), and the most important predictor for CTC grade 4 lymphopenia was lymphocyte count before radiotherapy/TMZ less than 1200/microl by multivariate analysis (p < 0.0321, Exp = 13.2)...
- Size and dynamics of mucosal and peripheral IL-17A+ T-cell pools in pediatric age, and their disturbance in celiac diseaseR La Scaleia
Department of Experimental Medicine, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Mucosal Immunol 5:513-23. 2012....
- General population low-count CLL-like MBL persists over time without clinical progression, although carrying the same cytogenetic abnormalities of CLLClaudia Fazi
Laboratory of B Cell Neoplasia, Division of Molecular Oncology, Istituto Scientifico San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, Milan, Italy
Blood 118:6618-25. 2011....
- Biological, histological, and clinical impact of preoperative IL-2 administration in radically operable gastric cancer patientsFabrizio Romano
Department of Surgery, San Gerardo Hospital II University of Milan Bicocca, Italy
J Surg Oncol 88:240-7. 2004....
- Clinical impact of early absolute lymphocyte count after allogeneic stem cell transplantationDong Hwan Kim
Department of Haematology Oncology, Kyungpook National University Hospital, 50 Samduk 2 Ga, Jung Gu, Daegu 700 721, Korea
Br J Haematol 125:217-24. 2004..Therefore, the current study analysed the role of the absolute lymphocyte count (ALC) on day 21 after SCT in predicting transplant outcomes of 82 patients in terms of the risk of ..
- The combination of a genome-wide association study of lymphocyte count and analysis of gene expression data reveals novel asthma candidate genesDarren A Cusanovich
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Hum Mol Genet 21:2111-23. 2012..To do so, we conducted a GWAS for lymphocyte count, a physiologic quantitative trait associated with asthma, in 462 Hutterites...
- Population-based hematologic and immunologic reference values for a healthy Ugandan populationEric S Lugada
Center for International Health, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:29-34. 2004..These differences could influence the decision to initiate antiretroviral therapy among children infected with HIV...
- Use of total lymphocyte count for monitoring response to antiretroviral therapyTanya Schreibman
Yale University School of Medicine, AIDS Program, Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Clin Infect Dis 38:257-62. 2004..The data regarding the clinical utility of the total lymphocyte count (TLC) as a potential surrogate marker of immune function in patients with HIV disease are examined...
- Lymphopenia in interleukin (IL)-7 gene-deleted mice identifies IL-7 as a nonredundant cytokineU von Freeden-Jeffry
Department of Immunology, DNAX Research Institute of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Exp Med 181:1519-26. 1995..These data show that proper T and B cell development is dependent on IL-7. The IL-7-deficient mice are the first example of single cytokine-deficient mice that exhibit severe lymphoid abnormalities...
- Total lymphocyte count as a possible surrogate of CD4 cell count to prioritize eligibility for antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected individuals in resource-limited settingsRichard Bedell
Centre for Excellence in HIV AIDS, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Antivir Ther 8:379-84. 2003..To characterize the value of total lymphocyte counts in predicting risk of death among patients initiating triple combination antiretroviral therapy...
- Duodenal intraepithelial lymphocytosis with normal villous architecture: common occurrence in H. pylori gastritisLorenzo Memeo
Department of Pathology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Mod Pathol 18:1134-44. 2005....
- Early natural killer cell counts in blood predict mortality in severe sepsisDavid Andaluz-Ojeda
Critical Care Medicine Service, Hospital Clínico Universitario SACYL SEMICYUC, Avda Ramón y Cajal 3, E 47005, Valladolid, Spain
Crit Care 15:R243. 2011..Quantification of the levels of key elements of the immune response could have a prognostic value in this disease...
- Subpopulations of long-lived and short-lived T cells in advanced HIV-1 infectionMarc K Hellerstein
University of California, Berkeley, 119 Morgan Hall, Berkeley, California 94720 3104, USA
J Clin Invest 112:956-66. 2003..The greatest impact of advanced HIV-1 infection is to reduce the generation of long-lived, potential progenitor T cells...
- Low sensitivity of total lymphocyte count as a surrogate marker to identify antepartum and postpartum Indian women who require antiretroviral therapyAmita Gupta
Division of Infectious Diseases Center for Clinical Global Health Education, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:338-42. 2007Some studies support the use of total lymphocyte count (TLC) as a surrogate marker for CD4 cell count to guide antiretroviral therapy (ART) initiation. However, most of these studies have focused on nonpregnant adults...
- Pretreatment neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio as an independent predictor of recurrence in patients with nonmetastatic renal cell carcinomaYoshio Ohno
Department of Urology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Urol 184:873-8. 2010..We investigated the prognostic significance of the neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio to predict recurrence in patients with nonmetastatic renal cell carcinoma...
- The neutrophil-lymphocyte count ratio in patients with community-acquired pneumoniaCornelis P C de Jager
Department of Emergency Medicine and Intensive Care, Jeroen Bosch Ziekenhuis, s Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e46561. 2012The neutrophil-lymphocyte count ratio (NLCR) has been identified as a predictor of bacteremia in medical emergencies. The aim of this study was to investigate the value of the NLCR in patients with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP).
- Protein-bound polysaccharide increases survival in resected gastric cancer cases stratified with a preoperative granulocyte and lymphocyte countT Toge
Department of Surgical Oncology, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine, Hiroshima University, Minami Ku, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima 734 0037, Japan
Oncol Rep 7:1157-61. 2000..In 751 patients who underwent macroscopically curative resection preoperative granulocyte and lymphocyte count ratios (G/L) were measured. These patients were stratified with a preoperative cut-off of G/L:2...
- Short-term preoperative IL-2 immunotherapy in operable pancreatic cancer: a randomized studyFranco Uggeri
Department of Surgery, San Gerardo Hospital, University of Milan Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 56:861-5. 2009..This study investigates the effectiveness of preoperative interleukin-2 administration to improve lymphocyte counts' postoperative recovery in pancreatic cancer...
- Absolute lymphocyte count at day 28 independently predicts event-free and overall survival in adults with newly diagnosed acute lymphoblastic leukemiaDi Sun
Hematologic Oncology and Blood Disorders, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Hematol 87:957-60. 2012We investigated the prognostic impact of absolute lymphocyte count (ALC) following induction chemotherapy in newly diagnosed adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)...
- Decreased total lymphocyte counts in pancreatic cancer: an index of adverse outcomePaola Fogar
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Pancreas 32:22-8. 2006..Our aim was to ascertain whether the immunophenotype pattern of blood lymphocytes in PC correlates with tumor stage, grade, or survival...
- A CD8+/CD103high T cell subset regulates TNF-mediated chronic murine ileitisJohnson Ho
Digestive Health Center of Excellence, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Immunol 180:2573-80. 2008..These inflammation-driven populations exert distinct roles during the development of chronic ileitis, and influence the balance of effector and regulatory functions in the chronically inflamed small intestine...
- Absolute CD4+ T-lymphocyte count as a surrogate marker of pediatric human immunodeficiency virus disease progressionElijah Paintsil
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:629-35. 2008..We assessed the use of absolute CD4+ T-lymphocyte count as a surrogate marker of pediatric HIV disease progression.
- The levels of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells in paediatric patients with allergic rhinitis and bronchial asthmaJ H Lee
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, China
Clin Exp Immunol 148:53-63. 2007..With increased expression of FoxP3 and IL-10 in T(reg) from patients with relatively severe allergic disease, adaptive and functional T(reg) might be generated in response to aggravated atopy and disease severity...
- The immunologic aspects in advanced ovarian cancer patients treated with paclitaxel and carboplatin chemotherapyXia Wu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Renji Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, 200127 Shanghai, China
Cancer Immunol Immunother 59:279-91. 2010..It is probable that the "window" period of days 12-14 after chemotherapy provides the best opportunity for immunotherapy...
- Low absolute lymphocyte count is a poor prognostic factor in diffuse-large-B-cell-lymphomaMaria Christina Cox
Department of Hematology, AO Sant Andrea, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 49:1745-51. 2008..018; p < 0.00001). Our data, show that ALC at diagnosis has a strong prognostic relevance and is independent from the R-IPI. The new score including both values proved the most powerful predictor at multivariate analysis...
- Requirement for CD4 T cell help in generating functional CD8 T cell memoryDevon J Shedlock
Department of Microbiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 300:337-9. 2003..These results demonstrate a previously undescribed role for CD4 help in the development of functional CD8 memory...
- Evidence for translocation of microbial products in patients with idiopathic CD4 lymphocytopeniaPhilip I Lee
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Infect Dis 199:1664-70. 2009..These findings suggest a potential association of translocation of microbial products with perturbed CD4 T cell homeostasis in individuals with CD4 lymphopenic states other than HIV infection...
- Dynamic development of homing receptor expression and memory cell differentiation of infant CD4+CD25high regulatory T cellsHanna Grindebacke
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Box 480, Goteborg 405 30, Sweden
J Immunol 183:4360-70. 2009..These findings suggest that the gut is the primary site of Treg stimulation to exogenous Ags during the first 18 mo of life and that homing receptor switch toward a more extra-intestinal phenotype occurs thereafter...
- Lymphopenia assessed during routine follow-up after immunochemotherapy (R-CHOP) is a risk factor for predicting relapse in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphomaL F Porrata
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Leukemia 24:1343-9. 2010..Thus, we studied absolute lymphocyte count (ALC) as a marker of poststandard chemotherapy (rituximab, cyclophosphamide, adriamycin, vincristine and ..
- SHIP limits immunoregulatory capacity in the T-cell compartmentMichelle M Collazo
Department of Immunology, Moffitt Comprehensive Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
Blood 113:2934-44. 2009..These findings further define the immunosuppressive mechanisms that result from SHIP deficiency and provide additional justification for targeting SHIP in clinical transplantation...
- Changes in total lymphocyte count as a surrogate for changes in CD4 count following initiation of HAART: implications for monitoring in resource-limited settingsAnish P Mahajan
School of Medicine, Brown University, Providence, RI, 02906, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 36:567-75. 2004..The total lymphocyte count (TLC) has been proposed as a surrogate marker to monitor immune response to therapy.
- Inverse correlation between tumoral indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase expression and tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in endometrial cancer: its association with disease progression and survivalKazuhiko Ino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 14:2310-7. 2008..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the relationship between IDO expression and tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) or natural killer (NK) cells and to clarify their prognostic effect in endometrial cancer...
- Control of viremia and maintenance of intestinal CD4(+) memory T cells in SHIV(162P3) infected macaques after pathogenic SIV(MAC251) challengeBapi Pahar
Tulane National Primate Research Center, Tulane University School of Medicine, Covington, LA 70433, USA
Virology 387:273-84. 2009..These results suggest that protection against pathogenic lentiviral infection or disease progression is indeed possible, and may correlate with preservation of mucosal CD4(+) T cells...
- Impaired expansion of mouse B cell progenitors lacking BtkJ D Kerner
Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Immunity 3:301-12. 1995..Our results suggest that the murine and human consequences of Btk deficiency differ only quantitatively, and represent the same disease process...
- Duration of humoral immunity to common viral and vaccine antigensIan J Amanna
Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
N Engl J Med 357:1903-15. 2007..Maintenance of long-term antibody responses is critical for protective immunity against many pathogens. However, the duration of humoral immunity and the role played by memory B cells remain poorly defined...
- Total lymphocyte count of 1200 is not a sensitive predictor of CD4 lymphocyte count among patients with HIV disease in Kampala, UgandaMoses R Kamya
Makerere University Medical School, Kampala, Uganda
Afr Health Sci 4:94-101. 2004Total Lymphocyte Count (TLC) has been found to be an inexpensive and useful marker for staging disease, predicting progression to AIDS and death and monitoring response to ART...
- Activated antigen-specific CD8+ T cells persist in the lungs following recovery from respiratory virus infectionsR J Hogan
Trudeau Institute, Saranac Lake, NY 12983, USA
J Immunol 166:1813-22. 2001..The kinetics of persistence of Ag-specific CD8(+) T cells in the lung suggests that they play a key role in protective cellular immunity to respiratory virus infections...
- Total lymphocyte count and femoral bone mineral density in postmenopausal womenMarco Di Monaco
Presidio Sanitario San Camillo, Osteoporosis Research Centre, Strada Santa Margherita 136, IT 10131, Turin, Italy
J Bone Miner Metab 22:58-63. 2004..Our aim was to evaluate the association between total lymphocyte count (TLC) and femoral bone mineral density (BMD) in a sample of postmenopausal women...
- Total lymphocyte count, hemoglobin, and delayed-type hypersensitivity as predictors of death and AIDS illness in HIV-1-infected women receiving highly active antiretroviral therapyKathryn Anastos
Women s Interagency HIV Study, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:383-92. 2004Total lymphocyte count (TLC) and hemoglobin level have been suggested as useful and inexpensive parameters to indicate need for HAART in settings in which CD4 cell counts are unavailable...
- Absolute lymphocyte count at the time of first relapse predicts survival in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphomaLuis F Porrata
Division of Hematology Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 84:93-7. 2009Peripheral blood absolute lymphocyte count (ALC) is a survival prognostic factor in hematological malignancies. No reports have addressed whether ALC at the time of first relapse (ALC-R) predicts survival...
- Total lymphocyte count: not a surrogate marker for risk of death in HIV-infected Ugandan childrenPhilippa M Musoke
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:171-8. 2008To determine the utility of total lymphocyte count (TLC) in predicting the 12-month mortality in HIV-infected Ugandan children and to correlate TLC and CD4 cell %.
- Positive association between total lymphocyte count and femur bone mineral density in hip-fractured womenMarco Di Monaco
Osteoporosis Research Centre, Presidio Sanitario San Camillo, Strada Santa Margherita 136, I 10131 Turin, Italy
Gerontology 48:157-61. 2002..Protein depletion appears to play a detrimental role in the causes of hip fracture and low bone mineral density has been observed in protein-depleted subjects...
- Impact of peripheral lymphocyte count on the sensitivity of 2 IFN-gamma release assays, QFT-G and ELISPOT, in patients with pulmonary tuberculosisKosaku Komiya
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Tokyo National Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Intern Med 49:1849-55. 2010This study evaluated the effect of peripheral lymphocyte count on 2 interferon-gamma release assays [QuantiFERON TB-Gold (QFT-G) and enzyme-linked immunospot (ELISPOT)] and their sensitivity in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis, ..
- Absolute or total lymphocyte count as a marker for the CD4 T lymphocyte criterion for initiating antiretroviral therapyMark A Jacobson
Positive Health Program, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
AIDS 17:917-9. 2003
- Prevalence of regulatory T cells is increased in peripheral blood and tumor microenvironment of patients with pancreas or breast adenocarcinomaUdaya K Liyanage
Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center, Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Immunol 169:2756-61. 2002..These T(reg) may mitigate the immune response against cancer, and may partly explain the poor immune response against tumor Ags...
- Absolute lymphocyte count is a prognostic factor in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaM Christina Cox
Br J Haematol 141:265-8. 2008
- Methotrexate-induced lung injury in patients with rheumatoid arthritis occurs with peripheral blood lymphocyte count decreaseS Inokuma
Ann Rheum Dis 65:1113-4. 2006
- Predicting CD4 lymphocyte count <200 cells/mm(3) in an HIV type 1-infected African populationSusan C Morpeth
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, 27710, Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre, Moshi, Tanzania
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:1230-6. 2007..of WHO staging criteria, anthropometrics, and simple laboratory measurements for predicting CD4 lymphocyte count (CD4 count) <200 cells/mm(3) among HIV-infected patients in Tanzania...
- Hyper innate responses in neonates lead to increased morbidity and mortality after infectionJie Zhao
Center for Infection and Immunity and National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 15 Datun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:7528-33. 2008..Therefore, neonates might suffer from the unleashed innate responses caused by an insufficient number of T cells, which leads to increased morbidity and mortality...
- Lymphopenia as a prognostic factor in patients with peripheral T-cell lymphoma, unspecifiedJorge J Castillo
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Division of Hematology and Oncology, The Miriam Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 51:1822-8. 2010..The aim of our study was to retrospectively evaluate the presence of lymphopenia, defined as a lymphocyte count of<1000 cells/mm³, as a prognostic factor for survival in patients with PTCLU...
- Low absolute lymphocyte count is a poor prognostic marker in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and suggests patients' survival benefit from rituximabYasuhiro Oki
Department of Hematology and Cell Therapy, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Eur J Haematol 81:448-53. 2008To evaluate the prognostic value of absolute lymphocyte count (ALC) at diagnosis in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL).
- Absolute lymphocyte count predicts therapeutic efficacy of rituximab therapy in follicular lymphomasDeepti Behl
Division of Hematology Department Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Br J Haematol 137:409-15. 2007..Thus, we studied the role of absolute lymphocyte count (ALC) prior to rituximab therapy on treatment efficacy and TTP in FL patients...
- Intraepithelial CD8+ T-cell-count becomes a prognostic factor after a longer follow-up period in human colorectal carcinoma: possible association with suppression of micrometastasisT Chiba
Division of Advanced Surgical Science and Technology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Br J Cancer 91:1711-7. 2004..In conclusion, our data support a hypothesis on the presence of systemic immunosurveillance against micrometastasis of cancer cells...
- CD4 T-lymphocyte recovery in individuals with advanced HIV-1 infection receiving potent antiretroviral therapy for 4 years: the Swiss HIV Cohort StudyGilbert R Kaufmann
Basel Center for HIV Research, Division of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Arch Intern Med 163:2187-95. 2003..Highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 infection allows recovery of CD4 T lymphocytes. Few studies have explored the long-term T-lymphocyte responses to HAART...
- Assessment of the Th1/Th2 paradigm in whole blood in atopy and asthma. Increased IFN-gamma-producing CD8(+) T cells in asthmaA O Magnan
UPRES 2050, Groupe de Recherche Clinique Pathologie respiratoire et cutanée liée à l environnement, Service de pneumo allergologie, et Centre d Investigations Cliniques, INSERM, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 161:1790-6. 2000..In addition, this number was correlated to IL-12 production. These results show that in addition to the well-known Th2 inflammation in asthma, there are IFN-gamma-producing CD8(+) T cells in the blood, possibly controlled by IL-12...
- Cutting edge: programmed death-1 up-regulation is involved in the attrition of cytomegalovirus-specific CD8+ T cells in acute self-limited hepatitis B virus infectionJi Yuan Zhang
Research Center for Biological Therapy, Beijing 302 Hospital, Beijing, China
J Immunol 181:3741-4. 2008..Thus, PD-1 plays a crucial role in the attrition of CMV-specific CD8(+) T cells in acute hepatitis B virus infection, which in turn, influences the preexisting homeostatic virus-specific CD8(+) T cell pool...
- Accelerated lymphocyte death in sepsis occurs by both the death receptor and mitochondrial pathwaysRichard S Hotchkiss
Department of Anesthesiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Immunol 174:5110-8. 2005..Lymphocyte loss occurs by both death receptor and mitochondrial-mediated apoptosis, suggesting that there may be multiple triggers for lymphocyte apoptosis...
- Airway mucosal inflammation in COPD is similar in smokers and ex-smokers: a pooled analysisE Gamble
Department of Respiratory Medicine, London Chest Hospital, Bonner Road, London, UK
Eur Respir J 30:467-71. 2007..It is concluded that, in established chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, the bronchial mucosal inflammatory cell infiltrate is similar in ex-smokers and those that continue to smoke...
- MICRONUTRIENTS AND MOTHER TO CHILD TRANSMISSION OF HIVRichard Semba; Fiscal Year: 2001..women with (cases) and without (control) elevated breastmilk sodium were matched by plasma HIV load and CD4+ lymphocyte count. Cases has a median breastmilk HIV load of 1765 copies/mL compared with undetectable load in controls (p less ..
- Non-CD4 Host defense against P. carinii PneumoniaJay K Kolls; Fiscal Year: 2010..The well-known inverse relationship between CD4+ lymphocyte count and the risk of PC infection does not hold all of the answers to mechanisms of host defense against this ..
- Psychological stress, cortisol, and B lymphocyte decrementsBonnie McGregor; Fiscal Year: 2007..The present study will begin to elucidate the mechanism by which psychological stress impairs immune response to vaccines. ..
- Immune Response to pneumococcal vaccination in HIV infected adultsM A JULIA WESTERINK; Fiscal Year: 2010..the vaccine is less than optimal and correlates with the degree of immune suppression as measured by CD4+ T-lymphocyte count (1-10)...
- Opioid-Mediated Fas Expression in Lymphocyte ApoptosisYufang Shi; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results should lead to an understanding of the effects of space flight environment on human immune system. ..
- Iscar for Supplemental Care in Stage IV Lung CancerSteven Rosenzweig; Fiscal Year: 2003..a.) will increase markers of immune function (as determined by total lymphocyte count, eosinophil count, and lymphocyte subset analysis), AND (l.b...
- CD8 AND GAMMA/DELTA T CELLS IN P CARINII PNEUMONIAJay Kolls; Fiscal Year: 2002..Although there is a well-known relationship between CD4+ lymphocyte count and the risk of PC infection, the role of mononuclear phagocytes, CD8+ cells, gamma/delta T cells, and their ..
- ENDODONTIC TREATMENT FOR PERSONS WHO ARE HIV POSITIVEDavid Rosenstein; Fiscal Year: 2001..cellular immunity function will be accurate predictors for endodontic success or failure, and that the CD4 lymphocyte count alone is an inadequate base for making such decisions...
- NON CD4 HOST DEFENSE AGAINST P CARINII PNEUMONIAJay Kolls; Fiscal Year: 2002..Although there is a well-known relationship between CD4+ lymphocyte count and the risk of PC infection, the role of mononuclear phagocytes, CD8+ cells, NK cells, and their secreted ..
- PREVENTION OF PNEUMOCOCCAL DISEASE IN HIV INFECTIONMARY MCELLISTREM; Fiscal Year: 2004..concentrations will be analyzed by logistic regression to assess the effect of initial viral load and CD4 lymphocyte count. All patients who exhibit a greater that 3-fold transient rise in HIV-1 RNA levels 2 and 4 weeks ..
- T CELL INFLAMMATION AND MUCIN HYPERSECRETION IN COPDJohn Fahy; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Novel MRS Methods to Characterize MCMDKarl Goodkin; Fiscal Year: 2007..disorder (MCMD)] and pathophysiological indices (plasma HIV-1 RNA load; CD4 cell count; cytotoxic T lymphocyte count)...
- The Utility of Interferon-Gamma Release Assays in TB-HIV co-infected ChildrenAnna Mandalakas; Fiscal Year: 2007..A focused set of standardized measures of age, nutrition and HIV-related immune status (CD4 T lymphocyte count) will be collected to fully assess their effect on the TST and IGRAs...
- Clinical Algorithms to Monitor HIV Treatment in UgandaLisa Spacek; Fiscal Year: 2007..The initiation and monitoring of ART are guided by algorithms that combine clinical symptoms, CD4 lymphocyte count, and HIV viral load...
- PREVENTION OF HIV SHEDDING IN WOMEN--TRIAL OF VITAMIN AJulie Overbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, venous blood will be obtained at the two time points for quantification of plasma HIV-1 RNA, CD4 lymphocyte count, and serum vitamin A levels...
- PREVENTION OF HIV SHEDDING IN WOMEN--TRIAL OF VITAMIN AJoan Kreiss; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, venous blood will be obtained at the two time points for quantification of plasma HIV-1 RNA, CD4 lymphocyte count, and serum vitamin A levels...
- The Utility of Interferon-Gamma Release Assays in TB-HIV co-infected ChildrenAnna M Mandalakas; Fiscal Year: 2010..A focused set of standardized measures of age, nutrition and HIV-related immune status (CD4 T lymphocyte count) will be collected to fully assess their effect on the TST and IGRAs...