- Prognostic value of troponin T, troponin I, and CK-MBmass in patients with chronic renal failure
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital Mainz, Johannes Gutenberg University, Germany
Med Klin (Munich) 98:188-92. 2003
..The aim of this study was to investigate the prognostic power of a new, sensitive TnI assay in comparison with TnT and other cardiac markers...
- Screening of periodontitis with salivary enzyme tests
Department of Preventive Dentistry and Public Health, Tsurumi University School of Dental Medicine, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
J Oral Sci 48:177-83. 2006
..markers for the screening of periodontal disease and examine the agreement between the results of saliva enzyme tests and those of probing depth...
- [The importance of AST / ALT rate in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis diagnosis]
Júnior Idilio Zamin
Faculdade Federal de Ciências Médicas de Porto Alegre FFFCMPA e Irmandade Santa Casa de Misericórdia de Porto Alegre
Arq Gastroenterol 39:22-6. 2002
..There is a histologic similarity between nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and alcoholic liver disease and in some cases differential diagnosis may be difficult, since some patients do not report abusive alcohol consumption...
- The role of elevated liver transaminase levels in children with blunt abdominal trauma
Department of Pediatrics, Pamukkale University Faculty of Medicine, Denizli, Turkey
Injury 34:249-52. 2003
..A sudden rise up to 110.5 U/l in SGOT and 63.5 U/l in SGPT indicate an intra-abdominal injury and severe hepatic injury should be suspected with higher levels of SGOT and SGPT...
- Human serum cholinesterase from liver pathological samples exhibit highly elevated aryl acylamidase activity
Department of Biotechnology, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore 641 046, Tamil Nadu, India
Clin Chim Acta 380:151-6. 2007
..AST and gamma GT values were taken into account in this study as known markers for liver disorders...
- A case-control study of SARS versus community acquired pneumonia
F W T Cheng
Department of Paediatrics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Arch Dis Child 90:747-9. 2005
..Raised serum lactate dehydrogenase concentration in the presence of low neutrophil count and serum creatine phosphokinase level at presentation also indicated an increased likelihood of SARS-coronavirus infection in young children...
- In vitro measurement of enzymatic markers as a tool to detect mouse cardiomyocytes injury
Elen Mello de Souza
Laboratorio de Biologia Celular, Departamento de Ultra estrutura e Biologia Celular, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz FIOCRUZ, Av Brasil 4365, 21040 900 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 99:697-701. 2004
- Cardiac troponin T and myocardial injury during routine cardiac catheterisation in children
Pediatric Cardiology Unit, Hacettepe University, Ihsan Dogramaci Children s Hospital, Sihhiye 06100, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Cardiol 87:223-30. 2003
..This study aims to investigate whether intracardiac catheterization produces myocardial damage on pediatric heart...
- Comparison of 2-dimensional echocardiography and myocardial perfusion imaging for diagnosing myocardial infarction in emergency department patients
Michael C Kontos
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Medical College of Virginia, Campus of Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Am Heart J 143:659-67. 2002
..However, the inclusion of small numbers of patients in prior studies limits the accurate assessment of sensitivity of the 2 techniques...
- Metrological traceability of values for catalytic concentration of enzymes assigned to a calibration material
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Unitat de Bioquímica de Medicina, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:333-9. 2006
..The metrological traceability of values for the catalytic concentration of several enzymes assigned to a calibration material has been assured by following the recently published International Standard ISO 18153...
- IFCC primary reference procedures for the measurement of catalytic activity concentrations of enzymes at 37 degrees C
Klinische Chemie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, 30623 Hannover, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:1146-55. 2006
..The procedure described here is deduced from the previously described 30 degrees C IFCC reference method. Differences are tabulated and commented on...
- Correlation of serum aminotransferases with HCV RNA levels and histological findings in patients with chronic hepatitis C: the role of serum aspartate transaminase in the evaluation of disease progression
Department of Infectious Diseases, Sant Andrea Hospital, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:891-6. 2004
..To investigate whether HCV RNA levels can be considered to be predictors of hepatocellular injury in patients with chronic hepatitis C, and whether aminotransferase levels are markers of liver damage...
- De Ritis ratio as diagnostic marker of alcoholic liver disease
Department of Clinical Laboratory Services Biochemistry Unit, B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Ghopa Dharan Nepal
Nepal Med Coll J 8:40-2. 2006
..A mild to moderate disproportionate elevation of AST than ALT activity making De Ritis Ratio > 2:1, supported by reversal of Albumin/globulin ratio facilitates the diagnosis...
- Evaluation of adenosine deaminase seric activity in the diagnosis of bovine tuberculosis
Marcio Roberto Silva
Departamento de Medicina Veterinaria Preventiva, Núcleo de Pesquisa em Saúde Animal, Escola de Veterinaria, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, 30123 970, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 101:391-5. 2006
..086 and kappa = -0.082, respectively). In conclusion, the determination of ADA seric activity was not a good auxiliary test for bovine TB, because it was not able to distinguish between TB-positive and TB-negative animals...
- [HBV DNA levels, aminotransferase and histological activity in young male patients with HBeAg positive chronic hepatitis B]
Seung Chul Cho
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Hanyang University Institute of Digestive Diseases, Seoul, Korea
Taehan Kan Hakhoe Chi 8:44-51. 2002
..We assessed ALT, AST, and HBV-branched DNA to find which is the best for predicting hepatitis activity and fibrosis...
- Identification of children with intra-abdominal injuries after blunt trauma
James F Holmes
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA 95817 2282, USA
Ann Emerg Med 39:500-9. 2002
..We sought to determine the utility of laboratory testing after adjusting for physical examination findings in the identification of children with intra-abdominal injuries after blunt trauma...
- Fecal elastase-1: utility in pancreatic function in cystic fibrosis
Department of Pulmonary Medicine and Gastroenterology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Cyst Fibros 5:71-6. 2006
..This review summarizes the data from studies reflecting the validity, limitation and advantages of fecal elastase-1 in assessing pancreatic function in cystic fibrosis patients...
- Increased serum lactate dehydrogenase isoenzymes in Ph-negative chronic myeloproliferative diseases: a metabolic adaptation?
Department of Hematology and Transplants, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Hematology 11:239-44. 2006
..These data suggest that LDH isoenzyme patterns may be a useful marker of CMDs, but this enzymatic pattern could be expression of a metabolic adaptation...
- Serum cystatin C and urinary enzymes as screening markers of renal dysfunction in diabetic patients
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Osmangazi University, Eskisehir Turkey
J Nephrol 18:559-67. 2005
..Therefore, this study was designed to determine whether the serum cystatin C (Cys C) and activities of some tubular enzymes could be used as screening markers for renal dysfunction in diabetic patients...
- Lactate dehydrodgenase levels predict pulmonary morbidity after lung resection for non-small cell lung cancer
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Yedikule Teaching Hospital for Chest Diseases and Thoracic Surgery, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 26:483-7. 2004
..The purpose of this study was to identify preoperative factors associated with the development of pulmonary complications after lung resections to help predict which patients are at increased risk for morbidity...
- Lactate dehydrogenase as a biomarker of hemolysis-associated nitric oxide resistance, priapism, leg ulceration, pulmonary hypertension, and death in patients with sickle cell disease
Gregory J Kato
Vascular Medicine Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Dr, MSC 1476, Bldg 10CRC, Rm 5 5140, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 107:2279-85. 2006
..We propose that LDH elevation identifies patients with a syndrome of hemolysis-associated NO resistance, endothelial dysfunction, and end-organ vasculopathy...
- The diagnostic value of adenosine deaminase activity in sputum in pulmonary tuberculosis
Department of Chest Diseases, Ataturk Chest Diseases and Surgery Center, Ankara, Turkey
Respir Med 96:632-4. 2002
..It's aim to determine and compare sputum adenosine deaminase (ADA) activity in pulmonary tuberculosis (tb), lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients in order to assess its diagnostic value...
- Diagnostic value of alpha-glutathione S-transferase as a sensitive marker of increased risk for hepatocellular damage in hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection: relation to HCV viraemia
Ghada Fahmy Helaly
Department of Microbiology, Medical Research Institute, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt
J Egypt Public Health Assoc 78:209-23. 2003
- Milk thistle for the treatment of liver disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis
Bradly P Jacobs
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Am J Med 113:506-15. 2002
..We performed a systematic review of the literature to determine the efficacy and safety of this herb for the treatment of liver disease...
- Evaluation of a new Plasmodium lactate dehydrogenase assay (OptiMAL-IT) for the detection of malaria
Shoklo Malaria Research Unit, PO Box 46, Mae Sod 63110, Thailand
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 97:672-4. 2003
..For species other than P. falciparum, the sensitivity was 65% and specificity was 99%. The performance of the new test decreased markedly at low levels of parasitaemia...
- [Elevation of serum lactate dehydrogenase. Diagnostic, prognostic and evolutive values]
Service de Médecine Interne et d Immunologie Clinique, Hopital Le Bocage, Bd du Mal de Lattre de Tassigny, F21000 Dijon
Presse Med 31:107-12. 2002
..However, its place in the diagnosis process is not clear. We have collected serum LDH levels superior to 2-fold the normal rate and we tried to determine their diagnostics interest and, predictive and progressive values...
- Gamma-glutamyltransferase and risk of stroke: the EUROSTROKE project
M L Bots
Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus University Medical School, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Epidemiol Community Health 56:i25-9. 2002
- Serum amylase and acute pancreatitis
Department of Emergency Medicine, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Emerg Med J 20:550-1. 2003
..The author, date and country of publication, patient group studied, study type, relevant outcomes, results and study weaknesses of these best papers are tabulated. A clinical bottom line is stated...
- Updated definitions of healthy ranges for serum alanine aminotransferase levels
Centro Trasfusionale e di Immunologia dei Trapianti, Laboratorio di Epidemiologia, Divisione di Ematologia, Istituto di Statistica Medica e Biometria, Cattedra di Gastroenterologia, Milan, Italy
Ann Intern Med 137:1-10. 2002
..Current standards for "normal" ALT level were defined by using populations that included persons with subclinical liver disease...
- gamma-Glutamyltransferase as a predictor of chronic kidney disease in nonhypertensive and nondiabetic Korean men
Department of Occupational Medicine, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University, School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Clin Chem 53:71-7. 2007
..We performed a prospective study to examine the association between GGT and the risk for the development of CKD...
- The chlorinated AHR ligand 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl (PCB126) promotes reactive oxygen species (ROS) production during embryonic development in the killifish (Fundulus heteroclitus)
Graduate Center for Toxicology, 306 Health Sciences Research Building, Lexington, KY 40536 0305, USA
Aquat Toxicol 76:13-23. 2006
- Is the change of late potential over time related to enzyme levels? Ischemic burden in acute myocardial infarction
Namik Kemal Eryol
Department of Cardiology, Medical Faculty, Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 7:242-6. 2002
..The ventricular late potential (VLP) detected using the technique of signal average electrocardiography (SAECG) interacts with several factors, primarily time...
- [Hepatotoxicity of antitubercular drugs. Apropos of 28 cases]
Service de Pneumo allergologie Hôpital Militaire Principal d Instuction de Tunis
Tunis Med 81:488-94. 2003
..So that we have to take an interest at time and specialty to follow recommandation which are more and more codified...
- Activated partial thromboplastin time abnormality in patients with cholangiocarcinoma
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 10:69-71. 2004
..However, because the total number of cases in this study is rather small, a larger study to answer this question is necessary. In addition, the more systematic evaluations are required to answer the raised hypothesis...
- Now that fecal elastase is available in the United States, should clinicians start using it?
Paul G Lankisch
Clinic of Internal Medicine, Municipal Clinic of Lueneburg, Boegelstrasse 1, D 21339 Lueneburg, Germany
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 6:126-31. 2004
..The test cannot be used in non-formed stool (ie, diarrhea) unless the stool is lyophilized. All in all, this new test does not seem to be the gold standard for pancreatic function that we have been waiting for...
- [Chronic hepatitis C with normal level of alanine-aminotransferase]
Primario Medico f r, Ospedale San Filippo Neri, Roma
Recenti Prog Med 95:509-11. 2004
..The role of liver biopsy and the effectiveness of the antiviral therapy with peg-interferon and ribavirin in these patients are briefly discussed...
- A clinical decision rule for identifying children with thoracic injuries after blunt torso trauma
James F Holmes
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA 95817 2282, USA
Ann Emerg Med 39:492-9. 2002
..We sought to determine the prevalence of thoracic injuries in children sustaining blunt torso trauma and to develop a clinical prediction rule to identify children with these injuries...
- Evaluation of polymerase chain reaction and adenosine deaminase assay for the diagnosis of tuberculous effusions in children
O P Mishra
Department of Pediatrics, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
Arch Dis Child 91:985-9. 2006
..To evaluate and compare the utility of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for the diagnosis of tuberculous effusions in children...
- [Adenosine deaminase 2 in the diagnosis of tuberculous pleuritis]
Department of Internal Medicine, Yokosuka Kyosai Hospital, 1 16, Yonegahama dori, Yokosuka shi, Kanagawa 238 8558, Japan
Kekkaku 80:731-4. 2005
..We examined the usefulness of adenosine deaminase 2 (ADA2) in the diagnosis of tuberculous pleuritis...
- [Isolated increase of the serum aspartate aminotransferase level in a young asymptomatic patient: macro-AST]
Dienst Maag, Darm en Leverziekten, Algemeen Ziekenhuis Sint Jan, Ruddershove 10, 8000 Brugge, Belgie
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 149:2807-9. 2005
..The presence of such complexes was confirmed by means ofa polyethylene glycol precipitation assay. This is a simple test for the detection of macro-AST, which saves the asymptomatic patient further invasive diagnostic procedures...
- Value of adenosine deaminase (ADA) in ascitic fluid for the diagnosis of tuberculous peritonitis: a meta-analysis
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Clin Gastroenterol 40:705-10. 2006
..The goals of this study are: to determine the usefulness of ADA levels in ascitic fluid as a diagnostic test for peritoneal tuberculosis (PTB) and define the best cut-off point...
- Trypsin activity in stool and duodenal aspirate of neonates for differential diagnosis of intestinal obstruction
I V Meisheri
Department of Pediatric Surgery, B J Wadla Hospital for Children and Research Centre Parel, Mumbai 400 004, India
Pediatr Surg Int 18:104-6. 2002
- [Lymphoproliferative lesions of the ocular adnexa. Differential diagnostic guidelines]
S E Coupland
Institut fur Pathologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin
Ophthalmologe 101:197-215; quiz 216-7. 2004
..H.O. lymphoma classification and the tumour cell growth rate. The clinical symptoms and histopathological findings of the differential diagnosis of lymphoproliferative lesions of the ocular adnexa are discussed...
- Intermethod calibration of alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) results: application to Fibrotest and Actitest scores
Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Louis Pasteur de Strasbourg, Illkirch, France
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:400-6. 2006
..8% and 3.3% for ALT and GGT, respectively. For each enzyme, it also permitted the retention of a common reference interval for a set of calibrated methods and the improvement of inter-laboratory coherency of Fibrotest and Actitest scores...
- [The role of glucocorticoid-dependent mechanisms in the progression of experimentally induced acute pancreatitis]
Szegedi Tudomanyegyetem, Altalános Orvostudományi Kar Sebészeti Klinika, 6720 Szeged, Pécsi u 4
Magy Seb 56:185-92. 2003
- [Hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelet count syndrome]
Clinic of Intensive Care, Kaunas University of Medicine, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 42:695-702. 2006
..That is why now many authors agree that treatment approach should be based on the estimated gestational age and the condition of the mother and fetus...
- International criteria for the diagnosis of ocular sarcoidosis: results of the first International Workshop On Ocular Sarcoidosis (IWOS)
Carl P Herbort
Inflammatory Eye Diseases, Centre for Ophthalmic Specialized Care, Lausanne, Switzerland
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 17:160-9. 2009
..To report criteria for the diagnosis of intraocular sarcoidosis, taking into account suggestive clinical signs and appropriate laboratory investigations and biopsy results...
- Molecular epidemiology of rotaviruses in Bulgaria: annual shift of the predominant genotype
Department of Virology, National Reference Laboratory of Enteroviruses, National Center of Infectious and Parasitic Diseases, 44A Stoletov Blvd, Sofia 1233, Bulgaria
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 29:555-62. 2010
..A total of 3,130 stools collected between 2005 and 2008 were tested by immune enzyme tests. G-P genotype identification of rotavirus strains were performed by reverse transcriptase polymerase chain ..
- Hepatic gene expression response to acute indomethacin exposure
William A LaFramboise
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Shadyside Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15232, USA
Mol Diagn Ther 10:187-96. 2006
- [Demand for neuropediatric care in a regional general hospital. V. Complementary tests]
Sección de Neuropediatría, Hospital Miguel Servet, Zaragoza, Espana
Rev Neurol 26:208-14. 1998
..to diagnosis on few occasions, most frequently the CSF (basically in meningitis and encephalitis) and muscle enzyme tests were also useful...
- Low-risk patients with chest pain in the emergency department: negative 64-MDCT coronary angiography may reduce length of stay and hospital charges
Janet M May
Department of Radiology, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1959 NE Pacific St, RR210, Box 357115, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:150-4. 2009
..We hypothesized that negative 64-MDCT coronary angiography early in the workup of such patients may enable a shorter length of stay and reduce charges...
- Elevated liver enzyme tests among patients with rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis treated with methotrexate and/or leflunomide
J R Curtis
Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 510 20 Street South, FOT 840, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 69:43-7. 2010
- Comparative histochemistry of a flatfish fin muscle and of other vertebrate muscles used for ultrastructural studies
Biophysics Section, Blackett Laboratory, Imperial College, London, U K
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 8:358-71. 1987
..types is rather difficult to collate, we summarize here the fibre compositions of several muscles; comparable enzyme tests have been carried out on cryostat sections of rabbit psoas muscle, frog sartorius and semitendinosus muscles ..
- Targeting urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor on human glioblastoma tumors with diphtheria toxin fusion protein DTAT
Daniel A Vallera
Section on Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, Department of Therapeutic Radiology Radiation Oncology, University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:597-606. 2002
- Spongiibacter marinus gen. nov., sp. nov., a halophilic marine bacterium isolated from the boreal sponge Haliclona sp. 1
Berlin University of Technology, Environmental Microbiology Group, Franklinstrasse 29, Sekr FR 1 2, D 10587 Berlin, Germany
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 58:585-90. 2008
..Substrate utilization tests were positive for arabinose, Tween 40 and Tween 80. Enzyme tests were positive for alkaline phosphatase, esterase lipase (C8), leucine arylamidase, acid phosphatase, naphthol-..
- Irinotecan chemotherapy during valproic acid treatment: pharmacokinetic interaction and hepatotoxicity
Floris A de Jong
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Biol Ther 6:1368-74. 2007
..Here, we report on the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic effects of this combination in a cancer patient...
- Serum protein alterations in dogs naturally infected with Toxoplasma gondii
Gul Fatma Yarim
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Ondokuz Mayis, 55139, Kurupelit, Samsun, Turkey
Parasitol Res 101:1197-202. 2007
..correlations were determined between the percentages of the albumin and gamma globulin fractions and liver enzyme tests including aspartate aminotransferase and alanine aminotransferase in infected dogs; however, no correlation was ..
- Ursodeoxycholic acid treatment in isolated chronic graft-vs.-host disease of the liver
Department of Hematology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Transplant 19:798-803. 2005
- Spongiispira norvegica gen. nov., sp. nov., a marine bacterium isolated from the boreal sponge Isops phlegraei
Berlin University of Technology, Environmental Microbiology Group, Franklinstrasse 29, Sekr FR 1 2, Berlin, Germany
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 58:1815-20. 2008
..Substrate utilization tests were only positive for arabinose. Enzyme tests were positive for esterase lipase C8, lipase C14, leucine arylamidase and naphthol-AS-BI-phosphohydrolase...
- Aluminum-mediated metabolic changes in rat serum and urine: a proton nuclear magnetic resonance study
Department of Biochemistry, Chattrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 22:119-27. 2008
..male albino rats (n = 7) using (1)H NMR spectroscopy-based metabolic profile of rat serum and urine, serum enzyme tests, behavioral impairment, and histopathology of kidney and liver...
- Transcriptional control by galactose of a yeast gene encoding a protein homologous to mammalian aldo/keto reductases
Institut fur Genetik und Mikrobiologie, Munich, F R G
Gene 90:105-14. 1990
..b>Enzyme tests with AKR-specific substrates suggest that GCY encodes a carbonyl reductase.
- Yield of diagnostic tests in evaluating syncopal episodes in older patients
Mallika L Mendu
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8025, USA
Arch Intern Med 169:1299-305. 2009
..We determined the frequency, yield, and costs of tests obtained to evaluate older persons with syncope. We also calculated the cost per test yield and determined whether the San Francisco syncope rule (SFSR) improved test yield...
- Hepatitis B: diagnosis and treatment
Department of Family Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Am Fam Physician 81:965-72. 2010
..Persons with chronic hepatitis B virus infection should be monitored for disease activity with liver enzyme tests and hepatitis B virus DNA levels; considered for liver biopsy; and entered into a surveillance program for ..
- "Enzyme Test Bench," a high-throughput enzyme characterization technique including the long-term stability
Department of Biochemical Engineering, Sammelbau Biologie, RWTH Aachen University, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Biotechnol Bioeng 103:305-22. 2009
..The concept of the Enzyme Test Bench consists of short term enzyme tests in 96-well microtiter plates under partly extreme conditions to predict the enzyme long term stability under ..
- Diagnosis and anti-infective therapy of periodontitis
Hans Peter Horz
Division of Oral Microbiology and Immunology, Department of Operative and Preventive Dentistry and Periodontology, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 5:703-15. 2007
..bacterial changes in the periodontal pocket, several techniques, namely microscopy, culture, immunoassays, enzyme tests and DNA-based techniques, have been established and the methods are described in the first part of this review...
- Retrobulbar adipocytes and humoral immunity in Graves' ophthalmopathy
III. Medizinische Klinik, Johannes-Gutenberg-Universitat, Klinikum Mainz, Germany
Horm Metab Res 25:618-22. 1993
..By means of these specific enzyme tests no distinctions could be made between patients and controls...
- Assessing liver function
Samir G Sakka
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Germany
Curr Opin Crit Care 13:207-14. 2007
..This is a review on the techniques for assessing liver function in critically ill patients...
- Emended description of Campylobacter sputorum and revision of its infrasubspecific (biovar) divisions, including C. sputorum biovar paraureolyticus, a urease-producing variant from cattle and humans
S L On
Danish Veterinary Laboratory, Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Syst Bacteriol 48:195-206. 1998
..between the results of numerical analysis of protein profiles and the reaction of strains in certain enzyme tests was, however, noted. Therefore, it is proposed that the infrasubspecific (biovar) divisions of C...
- Current management of isolated sternal fractures in the UK: time for evidence based practice? A cross-sectional survey and review of literature
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, Ysbyty Gwynedd, UK
Injury 41:495-8. 2010
..Chest X-ray was performed on admission in all hospitals. 57 hospitals performed ECG and cardiac enzyme tests prior to admission and 6 hospitals carried out echocardiogram following admission on a regular basis...
- Successful treatment of systemic amyloidosis with hepatic involvement and factor X deficiency by high dose melphalan chemotherapy and autologous stem cell reinfusion
Dimitri A Breems
Department of Hematology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Haematol 72:181-5. 2004
..high dose melphalan chemotherapy and autologous stem cell reinfusion, resulting in a normalization of the liver enzyme tests and the factor X level...
- Fibrogenesis in fatty liver associated with obesity and diabetes mellitus type 2
Department of Pathology and General Surgery, University Medical School of Gdansk, Debinki7, Gdansk 80211, Poland
Dig Dis Sci 53:785-8. 2008
..8 years. Patients with diabetes were older; had higher BMI, liver enzyme tests, glucose, cholesterol, and triglycerides; and lower albumin concentration...
- Prenatal diagnosis of Morquio disease type A using a simple fluorometric enzyme assay
Department of Clinical Genetics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Prenat Diagn 10:85-91. 1990
..These enzyme tests, as well as electrophoresis of glycosaminoglycans in the amniotic fluid, indicated affected fetuses in two ..
- Population-based genome-wide association studies reveal six loci influencing plasma levels of liver enzymes
Genetics Division, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Am J Hum Genet 83:520-8. 2008
Plasma liver-enzyme tests are widely used in the clinic for the diagnosis of liver diseases and for monitoring the response to drug treatment...
- Growth dependent enzymatic profiles of some gram-negative nonfermentative bacteria of clinical significance
Fachgebiet Hygiene, Technische Universitat Berlin
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 269:460-7. 1988
..Some of the enzyme tests may serve as additional valuable tools for differential diagnosis of the organisms investigated...
- A review of liver function tests during treatment with atypical antipsychotic drugs: a chart review study
Department of Psychiatry, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak, Turkey
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:1255-60. 2007
..In this article we aimed to evaluate the effect of atypical antipsychotic drugs namely olanzapine, risperidone and quetiapine on the hepatic enzymes and serum bilirubin levels in psychiatric patients...
- Whole-body MRI: a helpful diagnostic tool for juvenile dermatomyositis case report and review of the literature
Division for Pediatric Rheumatology, Department for Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and General Pediatrics, University Children s Hospital, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Rheumatol Int 29:1511-4. 2009
..can be difficult especially under immunosuppressive therapy and in active disease without correlating muscle enzyme tests or functional muscle scores...
- Alcohol relapse after liver transplantation for alcoholic liver disease: does it matter?
Georges Philippe Pageaux
Fédération médico chirurgicale d Hépato gastroentérologie et Transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, 80 rue Augustin Fliche, 34295 CHU Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Hepatol 38:629-34. 2003
..The aim of this study was to distinguish the types of alcohol consumption after liver transplantation (LT) for alcoholic cirrhosis and to assess the consequences of heavy drinking...
- Value of the timing of informing the emergency department patients on cardiac test results: a randomized controlled study
Department of Emergency Medicine, Pamukkale University, School of Medicine, Denizli, Turkey
Eur J Emerg Med 16:74-9. 2009
..information, and the value of its timing, provided to Emergency Department (ED) patients regarding cardiac enzyme tests (CET), on their personal concerns about their health status and their discussions with the emergency physicians ..
- Effect of waist circumference on reference intervals of liver-related enzyme tests in apparently healthy adult Mexican Americans, black and white Americans
Institution University of Alberta Hospital, Canada
Clin Biochem 40:206-12. 2007
- "Melanoma inhibitory activity" (MIA): a promising serological tumour marker in metastatic uveal melanoma
I W Reiniger
Department of Ophthalmology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Mathildenstrasse 8, 80336 Munich, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 243:1161-6. 2005
..To assess the role of "melanoma inhibitory activity" (MIA) as a potential serum marker for screening and detection of metastatic uveal melanoma...
- Mildly disturbed hepatic and pancreatic function during early abstention from alcohol is associated with brain atrophy and with disturbed psychometric performance
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Alcohol Alcohol 39:113-8. 2004
..To investigate the relation of liver status and pancreatic function to disorders of the central nervous system during early abstention from alcohol...
- Phenotypic degeneration occurs during sector formation in Metarhizium anisopliae
M J Ryan
Research School of Biosciences, University of Kent, Canterbury, UK
J Appl Microbiol 93:163-8. 2002
..The aim of the investigation was to establish whether sector formation was accompanied by changes in physiological characters...
- Setting process control limits for enzyme tests in serum
J A Lott
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus 43210, USA
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 59:527-30. 1999
..Laboratorians must choose the approach that is appropriate for their laboratory and medical staff to meet medically perceived needs...
- Chitinolytic enzymes produced by ovine rumen bacteria
Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics, Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic, 104 00 Prague 10 Uhrínĕves, Czechia
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 45:465-8. 2000
..b>Enzyme tests in cultures demonstrated endochitinase, exochitinase, N-acetyl-glucosaminidase, chitosanase and chitin ..
- The effects of heavy eccentric contractions on serum creatine kinase levels
S S Lu
Graduate Institute of Sports Science, National College of Physical Education and Sports, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Chin J Physiol 35:35-44. 1992
..Due to large variations occurred during CK testing, follow-up study should try to establish baseline serum CK level by repeated enzyme tests.
- [Usefulness of NaCl/Enzyme Gel Test for the Identification of Unexpected Antibodies.]
Jin Sol Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, Korea
Korean J Lab Med 26:204-9. 2006
..To see if NaCl/Enzyme test is useful for the identification of antibodies, we compared the LISS/Coombs and NaCl/Enzyme tests for identification rates, and investigated an association between the frequency of each antibody and a history ..
- Rapid and economical method for biochemical screening of stool isolates for Salmonella and Shigella species
Department of Medical Microbiology, Stirling Royal Infirmary, Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 42:4821-3. 2004
The LOUIS test is a screening protocol for Salmonella and Shigella that uses rapid enzyme tests. It had a sensitivity of 100% and a specificity of 94% and achieved presumptive reporting of Salmonella 3 h after colony isolation with ..
- Numerical phenetic classification of clinically significant aerobic sporoactinomycetes and related organisms
Martha E Trujillo
Department of Agricultural and Environmental Science, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU, UK
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 84:39-68. 2003
..frequency matrix designed to facilitate the identification of clinically significant Actinomadura, Nocardiopsis and Streptomyces strains to the species level; rapid enzyme tests accounted for eleven out of the twenty-one diagnostic tests.
- Influence of genetic and non-genetic factors on the plasma concentrations of the clopidogrel metabolite (SR26334) among Chinese patients
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Management, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, 826 Zhangheng Rd, Shanghai 201203, China
Clin Chim Acta 416:50-3. 2013
..Genotyping was carried out to identify the alleles of CYP2C19*2 and CYP2C19*3 by using PCR-based restriction enzyme tests. The plasma concentrations of SR26334 were determined using a rapid LC method with UV detection...
- A study of compliance with FDA recommendations for pemoline (Cylert)
Mary E Willy
Office of Drug Safety, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:785-90. 2002
To assess compliance with product labeling recommendations to use pemoline as second-line therapy for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and to obtain baseline and biweekly liver enzyme tests.
- Liver enzyme monitoring in patients treated with troglitazone
D J Graham
Office of Postmarketing Drug Risk Assessment, US Food and Drug Administration, 5600 Fishers Ln, HFD 400, Room 15B 32, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
JAMA 286:831-3. 2001
..Soon after initial marketing in March 1997, troglitazone, the first thiazolidinedione antidiabetic agent, was found to cause life-threatening acute liver failure. The drug was removed from the market in March 2000...
- Tacrolimus for the treatment of primary sclerosing cholangitis
Jayant A Talwalkar
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Liver Int 27:451-3. 2007
..Results from a pilot investigation with tacrolimus for primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) demonstrated biochemical improvement without excessive drug toxicity. To date, no confirmatory study has been performed...
- Unusual presentation of cardiac sarcoidosis
Division of Cardiology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Congest Heart Fail 13:116-8. 2007
..Her electrocardiogram, showing sinus rhythm, was unremarkable, and serial cardiac enzyme tests excluded myocardial infarction...
- Investigation of a novel preparation of testosterone decanoate in men: pharmacokinetics and spermatogenic suppression with etonogestrel implants
R A Anderson
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh, UK
Contraception 66:357-64. 2002
..study was terminated after subjects had completed 12 to 18 weeks as some men were found to have elevated liver enzyme tests. These data demonstrate that the pharmacokinetics of TD are improved compared to previous injectable ..
- Measurement of ATP production and respiratory chain enzyme activities in mitochondria isolated from small muscle biopsy samples
Centre for Inherited Metabolic Diseases, Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, S 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Anal Biochem 311:139-51. 2002
..84-0.98; p<0.01). It is concluded that the set of methods is suitable for diagnosis of mitochondrial disorders in adults and small children...
- Lipase and pancreatic amylase versus total amylase as biomarkers of pancreatitis: an analytical investigation
Majid Y Moridani
Pathobiology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto M5G 1X5, Canada
Clin Biochem 36:31-3. 2003
..To evaluate the biomarkers of pancreatitis Colorimetric Lipase, Total Amylase and Pancreatic Amylase (immunoinhibition) assays on the Roche COBAS INTEGRA 700...
- Correlation of cerebrospinal fluid beta-glucuronidase activity with plasma methotrexate concentrations in leukemic children receiving high-dose methotrexate
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University of Patras, School of Medicine, General University Hospital, Patras, Greece
Pediatr Blood Cancer 42:350-6. 2004
..Because chemotherapy also causes cell malfunction and death, for identifying a neurologic effect, we studied the activity of beta-glucuronidase in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of leukemic children during treatment...
- A 6-month versus a 12-month surveillance for hepatocellular carcinoma in 559 hemophiliacs infected with the hepatitis C virus
Angelo Bianchi Bonomi Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hepatology, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, University of Milan, Via Pace 9, 20122 Milan, Italy
Blood 102:78-82. 2003
- Autoimmune hepatitis following allogeneic PBSCT from an HLA-matched sibling
Department of Pediatrics, University of Tokushima School of Medicine, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:829-32. 2003
..While rare, autoimmune hepatitis should be considered a potential long-term complication in patients with hepatic dysfunction in the late post-transplant phase...
- EUS yield in evaluating biliary dilatation in patients with normal serum liver enzymes
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Dig Dis Sci 52:508-12. 2007
..Although the EUS yield is low in cases of biliary dilatation in the setting of normal serum liver enzymes, its preferential use would potentially avoid unnecessary MRCP and ERCP...
W J Russell
Department of Anaesthesia, Royal Adelaide Hospital, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Anaesth Intensive Care 34:801-3. 2006
..If the serum tryptase is elevated during the event but no allergic agent can be identified, a further serum tryptase should be taken several weeks later to exclude a persistent elevation due to mastocytosis...