Genomes and Genes
Summary: Methods which attempt to express in replicable terms the extent of the neoplasm in the patient.
Publications289 found, 100 shown here
- Final version of 2009 AJCC melanoma staging and classificationCharles M Balch
Department of Surgery, Oncology and Dermatology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 600 N Wolfe St, Osler 624, Baltimore, MD, 21287, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:6199-206. 2009..To revise the staging system for cutaneous melanoma on the basis of data from an expanded American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) Melanoma Staging Database...
- Type, density, and location of immune cells within human colorectal tumors predict clinical outcomeJerome Galon
INSERM U 255, Paris, 75006 France Université Paris Descartes Paris 5, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, 75006 France
Science 313:1960-4. 2006..In situ analysis of tumor-infiltrating immune cells may therefore be a valuable prognostic tool in the treatment of colorectal cancer and possibly other malignancies...
- Preoperative versus postoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancerRolf Sauer
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
N Engl J Med 351:1731-40. 2004..In recent years, encouraging results with preoperative radiotherapy have been reported. We compared preoperative chemoradiotherapy with postoperative chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced rectal cancer...
- Detection of elevated levels of tumour-associated microRNAs in serum of patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphomaCharles H Lawrie
Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Br J Haematol 141:672-5. 2008..05). This is the first description of circulating microRNAs and suggests that microRNAs have potential as non-invasive diagnostic markers for DLBCL and possibly other cancers...
- Sorafenib in advanced hepatocellular carcinomaJosep M Llovet
Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer Group, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Centro de Investigaciones en Red de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas Hospital Clínic Barcelona, Barcelona
N Engl J Med 359:378-90. 2008..A preliminary study suggested that sorafenib, an oral multikinase inhibitor of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor, the platelet-derived growth factor receptor, and Raf may be effective in hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Design and endpoints of clinical trials in hepatocellular carcinomaJosep M Llovet
HCC Translational Research Lab, Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer Group, Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic, CIBERehd, Institute for Biomedical Investigations August Pi Sunyer, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:698-711. 2008..These surrogate markers may help to enrich study populations and maximize the cost-benefit ratio of trial execution. Design and conduct of phase 3 trials should be coordinated by centers with appropriate expertise in HCC...
- The IASLC Lung Cancer Staging Project: proposals for the revision of the TNM stage groupings in the forthcoming (seventh) edition of the TNM Classification of malignant tumoursPeter Goldstraw
Royal Brompton Hospital, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
J Thorac Oncol 2:706-14. 2007..The recommendations of this committee for changes to the T, N, and M descriptors have been published. This report contains the proposals for the new stage groupings...
- Response to neoadjuvant therapy and long-term survival in patients with triple-negative breast cancerCornelia Liedtke
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1275-81. 2008..In this study, we compared response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and survival between patients with TNBC and non-TNBC...
- Biochemical outcome after radical prostatectomy, external beam radiation therapy, or interstitial radiation therapy for clinically localized prostate cancerA V D'Amico
Joint Center for Radiation Therapy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
JAMA 280:969-74. 1998..Interstitial radiation (implant) therapy is used to treat clinically localized adenocarcinoma of the prostate, but how it compares with other treatments is not known...
- Esophageal cancerPeter C Enzinger
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 349:2241-52. 2003
- Prognostic factors analysis of 17,600 melanoma patients: validation of the American Joint Committee on Cancer melanoma staging systemC M Balch
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:3622-34. 2001..Thirteen cancer centers and cancer cooperative groups contributed staging and survival data from a total of 30,450 melanoma patients from their databases in order to validate this staging proposal...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for gastric cancer with S-1, an oral fluoropyrimidineShinichi Sakuramoto
Department of Surgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
N Engl J Med 357:1810-20. 2007..Advanced gastric cancer can respond to S-1, an oral fluoropyrimidine. We tested S-1 as adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with curatively resected gastric cancer...
- Prognostic and predictive factors in breast cancer by immunohistochemical analysisD C Allred
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284, USA
Mod Pathol 11:155-68. 1998..In the future, these and other factors will be incorporated into a prognostic index that will better reflect the biologic diversity of breast cancer and that will more accurately predict clinical outcome...
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for inoperable early stage lung cancerRobert Timmerman
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
JAMA 303:1070-6. 2010..Patients with early stage but medically inoperable lung cancer have a poor rate of primary tumor control (30%-40%) and a high rate of mortality (3-year survival, 20%-35%) with current management...
- Effector memory T cells, early metastasis, and survival in colorectal cancerFranck Pages
INSERM UNITE 255, René Descartes Faculté de Médecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Cordeliers Biomedical Research Center, University Paris 6, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 353:2654-66. 2005..The role of tumor-infiltrating immune cells in the early metastatic invasion of colorectal cancer is unknown...
- Bmi-1 is a novel molecular marker of nasopharyngeal carcinoma progression and immortalizes primary human nasopharyngeal epithelial cellsLi Bing Song
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, China
Cancer Res 66:6225-32. 2006....
- Phase III trial of carboplatin and paclitaxel compared with cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with optimally resected stage III ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyRobert F Ozols
Medical Science Department, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3194-200. 2003..Thus, we conducted a noninferiority trial of cisplatin and paclitaxel versus carboplatin and paclitaxel in this population...
- Maintenance pemetrexed plus best supportive care versus placebo plus best supportive care for non-small-cell lung cancer: a randomised, double-blind, phase 3 studyTudor Ciuleanu
Oncological Institute Ion Chiricuta, Cluj, Romania
Lancet 374:1432-40. 2009..We assessed pemetrexed as maintenance therapy in patients with this disease...
- MicroRNA signature predicts survival and relapse in lung cancerSung Liang Yu
Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences and Medical Biotechnology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan 100, Republic of China
Cancer Cell 13:48-57. 2008..This microRNA signature is an independent predictor of the cancer relapse and survival of NSCLC patients...
- Survival effect of maximal cytoreductive surgery for advanced ovarian carcinoma during the platinum era: a meta-analysisRobert E Bristow
Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287 1248, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:1248-59. 2002..To evaluate the relative effect of percent maximal cytoreductive surgery and other prognostic variables on survival among cohorts of patients with advanced-stage ovarian carcinoma treated with platinum-based chemotherapy...
- Oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin as adjuvant treatment for colon cancerThierry Andre
Hopital Tenon, Paris
N Engl J Med 350:2343-51. 2004..Oxaliplatin improves the efficacy of this combination in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. We evaluated the efficacy of treatment with FL plus oxaliplatin in the postoperative adjuvant setting...
- Pharmacogenomic predictor of sensitivity to preoperative chemotherapy with paclitaxel and fluorouracil, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide in breast cancerKenneth R Hess
Department of Biostatistics and Applied Mathematics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4236-44. 2006..We developed a multigene predictor of pathologic complete response (pCR) to preoperative weekly paclitaxel and fluorouracil-doxorubicin-cyclophosphamide (T/FAC) chemotherapy and assessed its predictive accuracy on independent cases...
- Non-small cell lung cancer: epidemiology, risk factors, treatment, and survivorshipJulian R Molina
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:584-94. 2008....
- Intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in ovarian cancerDeborah K Armstrong
Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, Baltimore, USA
N Engl J Med 354:34-43. 2006..The Gynecologic Oncology Group conducted a randomized, phase 3 trial that compared intravenous paclitaxel plus cisplatin with intravenous paclitaxel plus intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with stage III ovarian cancer...
- Tumor-infiltrating FOXP3+ T regulatory cells show strong prognostic significance in colorectal cancerPaul Salama
School of Surgery and Biostatistics Unit, Cancer Trials, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, University of Western Australia, Australia
J Clin Oncol 27:186-92. 2009..To determine the prognostic significance of FOXP3(+) lymphocyte (Treg) density in colorectal cancer compared with conventional histopathologic features and with CD8(+) and CD45RO(+) lymphocyte densities...
- Experimentally derived metastasis gene expression profile predicts recurrence and death in patients with colon cancerJ Joshua Smith
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Gastroenterology 138:958-68. 2010..We used a gene expression profile derived from invasive, murine colon cancer cells that were highly metastatic in an immunocompetent mouse model to identify patients with colon cancer at risk of recurrence...
- Regulatory CD4(+)CD25(+) T cells in tumors from patients with early-stage non-small cell lung cancer and late-stage ovarian cancerE Y Woo
Department of Surgery, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Res 61:4766-72. 2001..These observations provide evidence for the contribution of regulatory T cells to immune dysfunction in cancer patients...
- Gefitinib in combination with gemcitabine and cisplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trial--INTACT 1Giuseppe Giaccone
Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Department of Oncology, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 22:777-84. 2004..Gefitinib has demonstrated encouraging efficacy in advanced NSCLC in phase II trials in pretreated patients, and a phase I trial of gefitinib in combination with gemcitabine and cisplatin showed favorable tolerability...
- Immune infiltration in human tumors: a prognostic factor that should not be ignoredF Pages
Inserm U872, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Equipe 15, Paris, France
Oncogene 29:1093-102. 2010....
- International staging system for multiple myelomaPhilip R Greipp
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group, Rochester, MN, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:3412-20. 2005..There is a need for a simple, reliable staging system for multiple myeloma that can be applied internationally for patient classification and stratification...
- Concurrent chemotherapy and radiotherapy for organ preservation in advanced laryngeal cancerArlene A Forastiere
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
N Engl J Med 349:2091-8. 2003..The value of adding chemotherapy to radiotherapy and the optimal timing of chemotherapy are unknown...
- Colon cancer survival rates with the new American Joint Committee on Cancer sixth edition stagingJessica B O'Connell
Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, 10833 Le Conte Ave, Rm 72 215 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1420-5. 2004..Using nationally representative Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) data, we compared survival rates associated with colon cancer stages defined according to both AJCC systems...
- Gefitinib in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trial--INTACT 2Roy S Herbst
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 432, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:785-94. 2004..This phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial evaluated gefitinib plus paclitaxel and carboplatin in chemotherapy-naive patients with advanced NSCLC...
- Incidence proportions of brain metastases in patients diagnosed (1973 to 2001) in the Metropolitan Detroit Cancer Surveillance SystemJill S Barnholtz-Sloan
Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 110 E Warren, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:2865-72. 2004..The purpose of this study was to calculate population-based incidence proportions (IPs) of brain metastases from single primary lung, melanoma, breast, renal, or colorectal cancer...
- Poly(ADP)-ribose polymerase inhibition: frequent durable responses in BRCA carrier ovarian cancer correlating with platinum-free intervalPeter C Fong
Drug Development Unit, Royal Marsden National Health Service Foundation Trust, Sutton, Surrey, UK
J Clin Oncol 28:2512-9. 2010..Platinum-based chemotherapy responses correlate with HR DNA repair capacity. Olaparib is a potent, oral PARP inhibitor that is well tolerated, with antitumor activity in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers...
- Randomized trial of laparoscopic-assisted resection of colorectal carcinoma: 3-year results of the UK MRC CLASICC Trial GroupDavid G Jayne
Academic Unit of Surgery, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 25:3061-8. 2007..Few data are available on rectal cancer, and long-term data on survival and recurrence are now required...
- The International Neuroblastoma Risk Group (INRG) classification system: an INRG Task Force reportSusan L Cohn
Department of Pediatrics, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:289-97. 2009..The International Neuroblastoma Risk Group (INRG) classification system was developed to establish a consensus approach for pretreatment risk stratification...
- Sequential vs. concurrent chemoradiation for stage III non-small cell lung cancer: randomized phase III trial RTOG 9410Walter J Curran
Department of Radiation Oncology and Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, 1365C Clifton Rd, NE, Ste C4104, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:1452-60. 2011..However, it is not known whether sequential or concurrent delivery of these therapies is the optimal combination strategy...
- DNA mismatch repair status and colon cancer recurrence and survival in clinical trials of 5-fluorouracil-based adjuvant therapyFrank A Sinicrope
Division of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:863-75. 2011..We determined the association of MMR status with colon cancer recurrence and examined the impact of 5-fluorouracil (FU)-based adjuvant therapy on recurrence variables...
- The triple negative paradox: primary tumor chemosensitivity of breast cancer subtypesLisa A Carey
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7305, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2329-34. 2007..Gene expression analysis identifies several breast cancer subtypes. We examined the relationship of neoadjuvant chemotherapy response to outcome among these breast cancer subtypes...
- Increase of regulatory T cells in the peripheral blood of cancer patientsAnna Maria Wolf
Institute for Biomedical Aging Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 9:606-12. 2003..Experimental tumor models in mice revealed that Tregs are potent inhibitors of an antitumor immune response. The current study was designed to determine whether cancer patients exhibit an expanded Treg pool...
- Carcinoma of the corpus uteri. FIGO 26th Annual Report on the Results of Treatment in Gynecological CancerW T Creasman
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 95:S105-43. 2006
- CpG island methylator phenotype, microsatellite instability, BRAF mutation and clinical outcome in colon cancerShuji Ogino
Center for Molecular Oncologic Pathology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115 USA
Gut 58:90-6. 2009..The independent effect of CIMP, MSI and BRAF mutation on prognosis remains uncertain...
- Gene expression signature to improve prognosis prediction of stage II and III colorectal cancerRamon Salazar
Institut Català d Oncologia IDIBELL, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Av Gran Vía 199 203, Barcelona, Spain 08907
J Clin Oncol 29:17-24. 2011..This study aims to develop a robust gene expression classifier that can predict disease relapse in patients with early-stage colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Randomized trial of radiation therapy versus concomitant chemotherapy and radiation therapy for advanced-stage oropharynx carcinomaG Calais
G Calais, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Tours, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 91:2081-6. 1999..e., advanced oropharynx carcinoma)...
- Biomarkers in cancer staging, prognosis and treatment selectionJoseph A Ludwig
Genomics and Bioinformatics Group, Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 5:845-56. 2005..Understanding how and when biomarkers can be integrated into clinical care is crucial if we want to translate the promise into reality...
- Multivariate analysis of prognostic factors among 2,313 patients with stage III melanoma: comparison of nodal micrometastases versus macrometastasesCharles M Balch
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 600 N Wolfe St, Osler 624, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2452-9. 2010..To determine the survival rates and independent predictors of survival using a contemporary international cohort of patients with stage III melanoma...
- TNM staging of foregut (neuro)endocrine tumors: a consensus proposal including a grading systemG Rindi
Dipartimento di Patologia e, Medicina di Laboratorio, Sezione di Anatomia Patologica, Universita di Parma, Via Gramsci, 14, 43100, Parma, Italy, and Department of Internal Medicine, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Virchows Arch 449:395-401. 2006..This proposal, which needs to be validated, is meant to help clinicians in the stratification, treatment, and follow-up of patients...
- Influence of resection margins and treatment on survival in patients with pancreatic cancer: meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsGiovanni Butturini
Division of Surgery and Oncology, School of Cancer Studies, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, 5th Floor, UCD Bldg, Daulby St, Liverpool L69 3GA, England
Arch Surg 143:75-83; discussion 83. 2008..To assess the influence of resection margins and adjuvant chemoradiotherapy or chemotherapy on survival for patients with pancreatic cancer by meta-analysis of individual data from randomized controlled trials...
- Genetic reclassification of histologic grade delineates new clinical subtypes of breast cancerAnna V Ivshina
Genome Institute of Singapore, Singapore
Cancer Res 66:10292-301. 2006....
- Less aggressive treatment and worse overall survival in cancer patients with diabetes: a large population based analysisLonneke V van de Poll-Franse
Comprehensive Cancer Centre South Eindhoven Cancer Registry, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 120:1986-92. 2007..In conclusion, diabetic cancer patients frequently were treated less aggressively and had a worse prognosis compared to those without diabetes...
- Prognostic implications of altered human epidermal growth factor receptors (HERs) in gastric carcinomas: HER2 and HER3 are predictors of poor outcomeMaria D Begnami
Department of Pathology, Hospital A C Camargo, Rua Professor Antonio Prudente 211, Liberdade, Sa Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Oncol 29:3030-6. 2011..The effect of HER3 or HER4 expression in GC has not been sufficiently studied. In this study, we explored the gene and protein expression of the HER family in GC to establish new potential prognostic factors...
- Maintenance therapy with pemetrexed plus best supportive care versus placebo plus best supportive care after induction therapy with pemetrexed plus cisplatin for advanced non-squamous non-small-cell lung cancer (PARAMOUNT): a double-blind, phase 3, randomLuis Paz-Ares
Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla, University Hospital Virgen del Rocio, Seville, Spain
Lancet Oncol 13:247-55. 2012..The PARAMOUNT trial investigated whether continuation maintenance with pemetrexed improved progression-free survival after induction therapy with pemetrexed plus cisplatin...
- A phase III trial of surgery with or without adjunctive external pelvic radiation therapy in intermediate risk endometrial adenocarcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyHenry M Keys
Department of Radiation Oncology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Gynecol Oncol 92:744-51. 2004....
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for early-stage non-small-cell lung carcinoma: four-year results of a prospective phase II studyAchilles J Fakiris
Department of Radiation Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 535 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:677-82. 2009..The 50-month results of a prospective Phase II trial of stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) in medically inoperable patients are reported...
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline update on chemotherapy for stage IV non-small-cell lung cancerChristopher G Azzoli
American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2318 Mill Rd, Suite 800, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:6251-66. 2009..Data are insufficient to recommend the routine third-line use of cytotoxic drugs. Data are insufficient to recommend routine use of molecular markers to select chemotherapy...
- Driver mutations in TP53 are ubiquitous in high grade serous carcinoma of the ovaryAhmed Ashour Ahmed
Functional Genomics of Ovarian Cancer Laboratory, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, Robinson Way, Cambridge, CB2 0RE, UK
J Pathol 221:49-56. 2010..Because TP53 mutation is almost invariably present in HGPSC, it is not of substantial prognostic or predictive significance...
- Criteria for diagnosis, staging, risk stratification and response assessment of multiple myelomaR A Kyle
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Leukemia 23:3-9. 2009..This paper provides the current criteria for diagnosis, staging, risk stratification and response assessment of MM...
- Overall survival with cisplatin-gemcitabine and bevacizumab or placebo as first-line therapy for nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer: results from a randomised phase III trial (AVAiL)M Reck
Department of Thoracic Oncology, Krankenhaus Grosshansdorf, Grosshansdorf
Ann Oncol 21:1804-9. 2010..We report the final overall survival (OS) analysis from the phase III AVAiL trial...
- Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (HypoFXSRT) for stage I non-small cell lung cancer: updated results of 257 patients in a Japanese multi-institutional studyHiroshi Onishi
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Yamanashi University, Shimokato, Chuo City, Yamanashi, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 2:S94-100. 2007..We retrospectively analyzed the treatment outcome of HypoFXSRT for stage I non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treated in a Japanese multi-institutional study...
- Radical cystectomy in the treatment of invasive bladder cancer: long-term results in 1,054 patientsJ P Stein
Department of Urology, University of Southern California, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:666-75. 2001....
- Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation for hepatocellular carcinoma. An analysis of 1000 casesRyosuke Tateishi
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer 103:1201-9. 2005..Previously reported treatment efficacy and complication rates have varied considerably...
- The impact of preoperative serum C-reactive protein on the prognosis of patients with hepatocellular carcinomaKoji Hashimoto
Department of Surgery, Fukuoka City Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Cancer 103:1856-64. 2005..The authors evaluated the significance of the preoperative serum C-reactive protein (CRP) level as a prognostic indicator in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Gemcitabine and cisplatin versus methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin in advanced or metastatic bladder cancer: results of a large, randomized, multinational, multicenter, phase III studyH von der Maase
Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 18:3068-77. 2000..Gemcitabine plus cisplatin (GC) and methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (MVAC) were compared in patients with locally advanced or metastatic transitional-cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urothelium...
- Randomized intergroup trial of cisplatin-paclitaxel versus cisplatin-cyclophosphamide in women with advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: three-year resultsM J Piccart
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer EORTC Gynecological Cancer Cooperative Group, EORTC Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:699-708. 2000..Before considering the paclitaxel-cisplatin regimen as the new "standard," a group of European and Canadian investigators planned a confirmatory phase III trial...
- Preoperative chemotherapy in primary operable breast cancer: results from the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer trial 10902J A van der Hage
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 19:4224-37. 2001....
- The new lung cancer staging systemFrank C Detterbeck
Thoracic Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8062, USA
Chest 136:260-71. 2009..This article reviews the recommendations of the IASLC International Staging Committee for the definitions for the TNM descriptors and the stage grouping in the new non-small cell lung cancer staging system...
- Micrometastases or isolated tumor cells and the outcome of breast cancerMaaike de Boer
Division of Medical Oncology, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 361:653-63. 2009..The association of isolated tumor cells and micrometastases in regional lymph nodes with the clinical outcome of breast cancer is unclear...
- Improved survival of patients with human papillomavirus-positive head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in a prospective clinical trialCarole Fakhry
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:261-9. 2008....
- Systemic treatment of colorectal cancerBrian M Wolpin
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastroenterology 134:1296-310. 2008....
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: current management and recent advancesWan Yee Lau
Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 7:237-57. 2008..This article aims to review the current management of HCC and its recent advances...
- [Update S3-guideline "colorectal cancer" 2008]W Schmiegel
Verantwortliche Institution Leitliniensekretariat Medizinische Klinik, Knappschaftskrankenhaus, Ruhr Universität Bochum und die AWMF im Auftrag der DGVS und der DKG Koordinatoren und Mitglieder der Konferenz siehe Anlage 1 3
Z Gastroenterol 46:799-840. 2008
- Parotid-sparing intensity modulated versus conventional radiotherapy in head and neck cancer (PARSPORT): a phase 3 multicentre randomised controlled trialChristopher M Nutting
Head and Neck Unit, Royal Marsden Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 12:127-36. 2011..Compared with conventional radiotherapy, intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) can reduce irradiation of the parotid glands. We assessed the hypothesis that parotid-sparing IMRT reduces the incidence of severe xerostomia...
- Axillary lymph node ratio and total number of removed lymph nodes: predictors of survival in stage I and II breast cancerB C H van der Wal
Department of Surgery, St Lucas Andreas Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 28:481-9. 2002..This study investigated whether the total number of removed lymph nodes and the ratio of invaded/removed lymph nodes (lymph node ratio (LNR) would prove to be independent prognostic factors for survival...
- Histopathologic-based prognostic factors of colorectal cancers are associated with the state of the local immune reactionBernhard Mlecnik
Inserm U872, Integrative Cancer Immunology Team, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, 75006 Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 29:610-8. 2011....
- Correlation of high numbers of intratumoral FOXP3+ regulatory T cells with improved survival in germinal center-like diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, follicular lymphoma and classical Hodgkin's lymphomaAlexandar Tzankov
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Basel, Schoenbeinstr 40, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Haematologica 93:193-200. 2008..The tumor microenvironment is important for the behavior of cancer. We assessed the distribution and biological significance of FOXP3(+) regulatory T-cells (Treg) in lymphomas...
- Gastric cancer treatment guidelines in JapanToshifusa Nakajima
Cancer Institute Hospital, 1 37 1 Kamiikebukuro, Toshima ku, Tokyo 170 8455, Japan
Gastric Cancer 5:1-5. 2002....
- Lymph node ratio: role in the staging of node-positive colon cancerJiping Wang
Department of Surgery, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1600-8. 2008..We hypothesize that LNR may play a similar role in stage III colon cancer...
- Histological verification of 11C-choline-positron emission/computed tomography-positive lymph nodes in patients with biochemical failure after treatment for localized prostate cancerDavid Schilling
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Germany
BJU Int 102:446-51. 2008..To evaluate the potential of (11)C-choline-positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) for planning surgery in patients with prostate cancer and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) relapse after treatment with curative intent...
- Management of patients with asymptomatic colorectal cancer and synchronous irresectable metastasesM G W Scheer
Department of Surgery, Biostatistics and Health Technology Assessment, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ann Oncol 19:1829-35. 2008..Resection of the primary tumor followed by chemotherapy when possible versus systemic chemotherapy followed by resection of the primary tumor when necessary are compared in this systematic review...
- Serum carbonic anhydrase 9 level is associated with postoperative recurrence of conventional renal cell cancerGuorong Li
Department of Urology, North Hospital, CHU of Saint Etienne, Saint Etienne, France
J Urol 180:510-3; discussion 513-4. 2008..We explored the clinical usefulness of serum carbonic anhydrase 9 as a potential biomarker for conventional renal cell cancer...
- Node-positive adenocarcinoma of the endometrium: outcome and patterns of recurrence with and without external beam irradiationAnn H Klopp
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gynecol Oncol 115:6-11. 2009..To evaluate treatment outcomes and patterns of recurrence in patients with node-positive (International Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecology stage IIIC) adenocarcinoma of the uterus without serous or clear cell differentiation...
- A comparison of PAM50 intrinsic subtyping with immunohistochemistry and clinical prognostic factors in tamoxifen-treated estrogen receptor-positive breast cancerTorsten O Nielsen
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 16:5222-32. 2010....
- Comprehensive miRNA profiling of surgically staged endometrial cancerDavid E Cohn
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 202:656.e1-8. 2010..We sought to determine a microRNA (miRNA) profile of surgically staged endometrial cancers...
- Survival rate of gastric and esophageal cancers in Ardabil province, North-West of IranFatemeh Samadi
Digestive Disease Research Center DDRC, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Arch Iran Med 10:32-7. 2007..We conducted this study to determine the present survival rate of patients with esophageal and gastric cancers before launching interventional studies...
- Validation of gene signatures that predict the response of breast cancer to neoadjuvant chemotherapy: a substudy of the EORTC 10994/BIG 00-01 clinical trialHerve Bonnefoi
Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet Oncol 8:1071-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to confirm the validity of these gene-expression signatures in a large series of patients with oestrogen-receptor-negative breast tumours who were treated in a phase III neoadjuvant clinical trial...
- Restaging of differentiated thyroid carcinoma by the sixth edition AJCC/UICC TNM staging system: stage migration and predictabilityBrian Lang
Division of Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong SAR, China
Ann Surg Oncol 14:1551-9. 2007..The objective of the present study was to evaluate the potential changes in cancer-specific survival (CSS) after reclassification from fifth to sixth edition TNM...
- Real-time endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration in mediastinal staging of non-small cell lung cancer: how many aspirations per target lymph node station?Hee Seok Lee
Center for Lung Cancer, National Cancer Center, 809 Madu dong, Ilsan gu, Goyang, Gyeonggi, 411 764, Korea
Chest 134:368-74. 2008....
- Subtyping of undifferentiated non-small cell carcinomas in bronchial biopsy specimensPeh Sun Loo
Department of Pathology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
J Thorac Oncol 5:442-7. 2010..Histochemical staining for mucin and immunohistochemical (IHC) identification of NSCLC subtype-associated markers could help predict the final subtype of resected NSCLCs diagnosed as NSCLC-NOS on preoperative bronchial biopsy samples...
- Outcome of primary tumor in patients with synchronous stage IV colorectal cancer receiving combination chemotherapy without surgery as initial treatmentGeorge A Poultsides
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3379-84. 2009....
- Prognostic significance of E-cadherin-catenin complex in epithelial ovarian cancerK A Voutilainen
Department of Pathology and Forensic Medicine, University of Kuopio and Kuopio University Hospital, Finland
J Clin Pathol 59:460-7. 2006..To clarify the prognostic role of E-cadherin and beta- and gamma-catenins, and their relation to CD44 in epithelial ovarian carcinoma...
- Positron-emission tomography and assessment of cancer therapyMalik E Juweid
Department of Radiology and the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
N Engl J Med 354:496-507. 2006
- Gene expression in the urinary bladder: a common carcinoma in situ gene expression signature exists disregarding histopathological classificationLars Dyrskjøt
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, Aarhus N, Denmark
Cancer Res 64:4040-8. 2004..Identification of this expression signature could provide guidance for the selection of therapy and follow-up regimen in patients with early stage bladder cancer...
- Preoperative staging of pelvic lymph nodes in prostate cancer by 11C-choline PETIgle J de Jong
Department of Urology and PET Center, Groningen University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 44:331-5. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the strength and accuracy of (11)C-choline PET in preoperative noninvasive staging of pelvic lymph nodes in prostate cancer...
- Final results of the 94-01 French Head and Neck Oncology and Radiotherapy Group randomized trial comparing radiotherapy alone with concomitant radiochemotherapy in advanced-stage oropharynx carcinomaFabrice Denis
Clinique d Oncologie et Radiothérapie, Hopital Bretonneau, 2 Blvd Tonnelé, 37044 Tours, France
J Clin Oncol 22:69-76. 2004....
- Prognostic significance of interleukin 6 serum levels in patients with ovarian cancerG Scambia
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Br J Cancer 71:354-6. 1995..0009). Multivariate analysis revealed that IL-6 positivity has an independent value...
- Primary gastrointestinal lymphoma in Japan: a clinicopathologic analysis of 455 patients with special reference to its time trendsShotaro Nakamura
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Cancer 97:2462-73. 2003..This study aimed to elucidate the clinicopathologic features of this disease and the influence of therapeutic modalities on the prognosis in Japanese patients..
- Cancer staging and survival in colon cancer is dependent on the quality of the pathologists' specimen examinationP Jestin
The Department of Surgical Sciences, Akademiska sjukhuset, Colorectal Unit, Uppsala University, SE 751 85, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Cancer 41:2071-8. 2005..An index of metastases (IM) is a possible basis for guidance in the choice of adjuvant treatments that appears superior to that of N-stage...
- Increased cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression is associated with chemotherapy resistance and outcome in ovarian cancer patientsG Ferrandina
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Ann Oncol 13:1205-11. 2002..The aim of this study was to investigate the expression of COX-2 and its association with clinicopathological parameters, response to treatment, and clinical outcome in ovarian cancer patients...
- Prognostic significance of tumor regression after preoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancerClaus Rodel
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Erlangen, Universitatsstr 27, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:8688-96. 2005..We assessed the impact of tumor regression grading (TRG) and its value in correlation to established prognostic factors in a cohort of rectal carcinoma patients treated by preoperative chemoradiotherapy (CRT)...
- The degree and time-course assessment of radiation-induced trismus occurring after radiotherapy for nasopharyngeal cancerChon Jong Wang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Kaoshiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 123 Ta Pei Road, Niao Sung Hsiang, Kaohsiung Hsien 833, Taiwan
Laryngoscope 115:1458-60. 2005..The objectives were to measure the degree of trismus induced after radiation therapy for nasopharyngeal cancer and assess its progress over time...
Research Grants224 found, 100 shown here
- REGULATION OF PROSTATE CANCER PROGRAMMED CELL DEATHAndrew Kraft; Fiscal Year: 2001..Information gained from these studies will provide the background and animal models to examine MKP-1 or regulation of apoptosis as a target for antiprostate cancer therapy. ..
- A Genetic Screening Policy Model for Colorectal CancerScott Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2006..The model will incorporate QOL information from Aim 2, along with family history, clinical, and screening information from the Seattle CFR. ..
- Clinical Significance of Apoptosis in Colon CancerFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Significance of Apoptosis in Colon CancerFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Aberrant Crypt Foci as a Biomarker for ChemopreventionFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Polyphenon E for the Chemoprevention of Colorectal CancerFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will determine the effect of polyphenon E on precursor lesions of colorectal adenomas in patients at high risk of colorectal cancer. ..
- Clinical Significance of Apoptosis in Colon CancerFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Aberrant Crypt Foci as a Biomarker for ChemopreventionFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Aberrant Crypt Foci as a Biomarker for ChemopreventionFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- A Novel Breast Cancer BiomarkerDennis Sgroi; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- A Novel Breast Cancer BiomarkerDennis Sgroi; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- A Novel Breast Cancer BiomarkerDennis Sgroi; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Polyphenon E for the Chemoprevention of Colorectal CancerFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will determine the effect of polyphenon E on precursor lesions of colorectal adenomas in patients at high risk of colorectal cancer. ..
- Aberrant Crypt Foci as a Biomarker for ChemopreventionFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- A Novel Breast Cancer BiomarkerDennis Sgroi; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Polyphenon E for the Chemoprevention of Colorectal CancerFrank A Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will determine the effect of polyphenon E on precursor lesions of colorectal adenomas in patients at high risk of colorectal cancer. ..
- Clinical Significance of Apoptosis in Colon CancerFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- A Novel Breast Cancer BiomarkerDennis C Sgroi; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Timing of Rectal Cancer Response to ChemoradiationJulio Garcia Aguilar; Fiscal Year: 2009..This information will help develop molecular assays to diagnose pathologic complete response in transrectal biopsies of the tumor bed before removing the rectum. ..
- Timing of Rectal Cancer Response to ChemoradiationJulio Garcia Aguilar; Fiscal Year: 2004..This information will help develop molecular assays to diagnose pathologic complete response in transrectal biopsies of the tumor bed before removing the rectum. ..
- Timing of Rectal Cancer Response to ChemoradiationJulio Garcia Aguilar; Fiscal Year: 2008..This information will help develop molecular assays to diagnose pathologic complete response in transrectal biopsies of the tumor bed before removing the rectum. ..
- Timing of Rectal Cancer Response to ChemoradiationJulio Garcia Aguilar; Fiscal Year: 2007
- Timing of Rectal Cancer Response to ChemoradiationJulio Garcia Aguilar; Fiscal Year: 2005
- Timing of Rectal Cancer Response to ChemoradiationJulio Garcia Aguilar; Fiscal Year: 2003
- Mechanisms of Carcinogenesis in Biliary EpitheliaGregory Gores; Fiscal Year: 2005..Successful completion of these proposed studies has the potential for development of new strategies to prevent and treat malignant human liver diseases. ..
- Regulation of the von Hippel-Lindau ProteinPaul Corn; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Morphine versus Methadone as First Line Strong Opioid for Cancer PainEduardo Bruera; Fiscal Year: 2007..Relevance to Public Health: In this study, we will test if methadone is better than morphine in cancer pain control, quality of life, and is more cost-effective. ..
- HOME BASED MODERATE EXERCISE FOR BREAST CANCER PATIENTSBernardine Pinto; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study also raises the intriguing possibility of elucidating the physiological effects of exercise on hormonal and immune mechanisms involved in breast cancer. ..
- T Cell Responsiveness and Homeostasis in Anti-TumorThomas Gajewski; Fiscal Year: 2009..T cell transduction and tumor transfectants will be examined using factors identified to be useful from the TCR Tg model and mechanisms of improved tumor control will be dissected. ..
- HEMATOPOIETIC GROWTH FACTOR IN GRAFT MODELRainer Storb; Fiscal Year: 1992..Along with the planned in vivo studies, we propose to clone the genes encoding for canine hematopoietic growth factors and produce the equivalent proteins which will allow us to substitute canine for human recombinant growth factors...
- HEMATOPOIETIC GROWTH FACTOR IN GRAFT MODELRainer Storb; Fiscal Year: 1991..Along with the planned in vivo studies, we propose to clone the genes encoding for canine hematopoietic growth factors and produce the equivalent proteins which will allow us to substitute canine for human recombinant growth factors...
- Inflammatory Biomarkers and Colorectal Cancer RiskGong Yang; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall, this study will contribute significantly to the understanding of the role of inflammation in the etiology of CRC and to the development of new strategies for the assessment of CRC risk. ..
- Organelle Dysfunction and Apoptosis in Liver EpitheliaGregory Gores; Fiscal Year: 2008..Lysosome disruption results in the release of toxic compounds into the cell culminating in cell demise. The results of these studies are germane both to mechanisms of liver injury and the use of TRAIL as a chemotherapeutic agent. ..
- Bispecific Antibody Engineering for AML RITOliver Press; Fiscal Year: 2009..We anticipate that this approach will cure more patients and cause fewer toxicities than currently available therapies. ..
- THERAPY OF LYMPHOMA/LEUKEMIA WITH MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIESOliver Press; Fiscal Year: 2008..We anticipate that these investigations will allow us to maximize the therapeutic efficacy and minimize the toxicity of myeloablative RIT for hematologic malignancies. ..
- Tumor microenvironment, tissue liquidity, and cell interaction in prostate cancerRamsey A Foty; Fiscal Year: 2010..These forces impart to tumors mechanical properties that can be measured and correlated with invasiveness. This proposal explores how these forces and the molecules giving rise to them contribute to invasiveness. ..
- Inflammatory Biomarkers and Colorectal Cancer RiskGong Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, this study will contribute significantly to the understanding of the role of inflammation in the etiology of CRC and to the development of new strategies for the assessment of CRC risk. ..
- Promoting Physical Activity after Colorectal CancerBernardine Pinto; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Methylphenidate for Fatigue in Advanced Cancer PatientsEduardo Bruera; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Prostate cancer and genes of the one-carbon cycleCharnita Zeigler Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Fractures, Heart Disease, and Stroke on Aromatase InhibitorsNancy Keating; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Multi-Peptide/IL 12 Melanoma VaccineThomas Gajewski; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding these mechanisms will illuminate the next level of intervention to develop to increase the clinical response to the immunotherapy of melanoma. ..
- Acupuncture to aid post-colectomy recovery in colorectal cancer patientsGary Deng; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Reflexology: An Intervention for Advanced Breast CancerGwen Wyatt; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, this study utilizes an improved design over existing work. It is a RCT with adequate numbers to detect group differences, and could ultimately serve as a model for rigorous investigation of other complementary therapies. ..
- Inflammatory Biomarkers and Colorectal Cancer RiskGong Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, this study will contribute significantly to the understanding of the role of inflammation in the etiology of CRC and to the development of new strategies for the assessment of CRC risk. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tools for Economic Analysis of Patient Management Interventions in Heart FailureShelby Reed; Fiscal Year: 2009..The TEAM-HF projects will provide clinicians and researchers with user-friendly tools to facilitate the conduct of high-quality economic evaluations of patient-focused interventions. ..
- Prostate cancer and genes of the one-carbon cycleCharnita Zeigler Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Reflexology: An Intervention for Advanced Breast CancerGwen Wyatt; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, this study utilizes an improved design over existing work. It is a RCT with adequate numbers to detect group differences, and could ultimately serve as a model for rigorous investigation of other complementary therapies. ..
- Bispecific Antibody Engineering for AML RITOLIVER W contact PRESS; Fiscal Year: 2010..We anticipate that this approach will cure more patients and cause fewer toxicities than currently available therapies. ..
- HEMATOPOIETIC GROWTH FACTORS IN A CANINE STEM CELL MODELRainer Storb; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Phase I Clinical Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsFrancis Giles; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Chimeric Anti CD20 T Cell Receptors for Lymphoma TherapyOliver Press; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Biochemical/Molecular Changes Upon Naive T Cell PrimingThomas Gajewski; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Control of Eye Melanoma MetastsisHans Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2006..The third aim determines the mechanism of combined angiostatin/IFN control of the micrometastases using methods in the first two aims. ..
- Role of a novel oncogene in mesotheliomaAlice Boylan; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe these studies will provide exciting information and important insight into this cancer. ..
- MECHANISMS OF LIVER CELL INJURYGregory J Gores; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these studies are germane to mechanisms of liver injury in the common syndrome of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, and have the potential to identify new therapeutic strategies for this liver disease. ..
- Control of Eye Melanoma MetastasisHans Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2002..Both the IFN and angiostatin will prevent the progression of micrometastases into metastases by anti-angiogenesis. Angiostatin will prevent metastases by an anti-melanoma invasion effect. ..
- Molecular Detection of Occult NeuroblastomaIrene Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2004..If these two molecular markers of MRD can independently predict patient outcome, they will in the future provide an objective endpoint for stopping further treatment, and serve as sensitive surrogates for evaluating adjuvant therapies. ..
- Iyengar Yoga for Breast Cancer Survivors with Persistent FatigueJulienne Bower; Fiscal Year: 2007..The development of targeted treatments for cancer-related fatigue is critical for maintaining quality of life in the growing population of breast cancer survivors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Parenteral Hydration in Advanced Cancer Patients: A Randomized Controlled TrialEduardo Bruera; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this study, we will test if giving fluid through the vein will improve the symptoms, delay confusion and prolong life in patients who are no longer to drink at the end of life. ..
- Comparison of Aerobic and Resistance Exercise in Older Breast Cancer SurvivorsKerri Winters Stone; Fiscal Year: 2008..S. "baby boom"population ages. Even so, studies of older women comprise only a small proportion of research, especially exercise research, on improving the lives of cancer survivors. ..
- Stem Cell Transplantation: Basic/Clinical ResearchRainer Storb; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- MECHANISMS OF LIVER CELL INJURYGregory J Gores; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these studies are germane to mechanisms of liver injury in the common syndrome of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, and have the potential to identify new therapeutic strategies for this liver disease. ..
- Multi-Peptide/IL 12 Melanoma VaccineThomas Gajewski; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding these mechanisms will illuminate the next level of intervention to develop to increase the clinical response to the immunotherapy of melanoma. ..
- Control of Eye Melanoma MetastasisHans Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2007..The third aim determines the mechanism of combined angiostatin/IFN control of the micrometastases using methods in the first two aims. ..
- PRETARGETED RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY OF CD20+ LYMPHOMASOliver Press; Fiscal Year: 2009..This grant proposal describes the development of several innovations that markedly improve the effectiveness and decrease the toxicity of radiolabeled antibodies targeting the CD20 antigen on human B cell lymphomas. ..
- Fiber and Colorectal Adenomas: A Pooling ProjectElizabeth Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2005..If it is found that certain groups may receive greater benefit from fiber, then public health recommendations can be made which target these groups and prevent the recurrence of colorectal adenomas. ..
- Molecular studies of T cell clones for adoptive therapyJulian Kim; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed career development plan will provide the critical additional training and expertise that is necessary for the applicant to develop a career as an independent translational clinician investigator. ..
- CLASSIFYING PANCREATIC CANCERS BY METHYLATOR PHENOTYPESMichael Goggins; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim #4: Determine if functional DNA methylation differences exist between CIMP+ compared to CIMP- pancreatic carcinomas. ..
- Cancer Control Research Training in Multiethnic HawaiiGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2007..This training environment, together with the proposed Program plan, provides an ideal opportunity for quality career development for cancer control scientists in the twenty-first century. ..
- Mechanisms by which Proteasome Enhance ApoptosisAndrew Kraft; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Inflammatory Markers in a 2-Year Soy Intervention among Premenopausal WomenGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2008..The statistical analysis will apply general linear models to compare the levels of inflammatory markers by soy intake, while taking into account the repeated measurement design. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Susceptibility Modifiers in Renal Cell CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such individuals may then be targeted for intervention programs such as chemoprevention or dietary modification. ..
- Molecular Signatures of Lung CancerDavid Carbone; Fiscal Year: 2008..Important markers in proteomic profiles will be identified, and together with genomic and cDNA markers, clinically feasible assays will be developed and their robustness tested in prospective studies. ..
- FDG PET-CT in Metastatic Prostate CancerHossein Jadvar; Fiscal Year: 2006..Rigorous statistical methods will be applied to determine the diagnostic and prognostic performance of FDG PET-CT in this clinical setting. ..
- IL-17 AND HEMATOPOIESISPaul Schwarzenberger; Fiscal Year: 2002..The successful completion of the proposed specific aims will enhance our understanding of the IL-17 in vivo mechanism of action, which will provide the foundation for the design of novel therapeutic strategies. ..
- Targeted Molecular Therapeutics for Melanoma: CCI-779 and BevacizumabCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2008..The following proposal is a clinical trial to evaluate the effects of bevacizumab and CCI-779, which interfere with vascularization and tumor growth, for the treatment of melanoma. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FOLATE PATHWAY POLYMORPHISMS AND PANCREATIC CANCER RISKMichael Goggins; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Multi-peptide Vaccine Administered with Cyclophosphamide for High-risk MelanomaCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- T cell production from a skin derived thymus constructRachael Clark; Fiscal Year: 2008..It takes advantage of the many resources available to me in the laboratory of Dr. Thomas Kupper and in the Harvard Medical School environment. ..
- Breast and Prostate Cancer Patterns of CareRosemary Cress; Fiscal Year: 2007..What is learned about treatment quality and completeness can subsequently be used to improve the information in these registries so that they can become a resource for researchers evaluating quality of cancer care. ..
- HIV-1 Proviral DNA and Monocyte Phenotype in Relation to Neurocognitive FunctionBruce Shiramizu; Fiscal Year: 2007..This resource-rich team is well-positioned to conduct this investigation into the pathogenesis of HAD. ..
- Targeted Molecular Therapeutics for Melanoma: CCI-779 and BevacizumabCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2007..The following proposal is a clinical trial to evaluate the effects of bevacizumab and CCI-779, which interfere with vascularization and tumor growth, for the treatment of melanoma. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FDG PET-CT in Metastatic Prostate CancerHossein Jadvar; Fiscal Year: 2007..Rigorous statistical methods will be applied to determine the diagnostic and prognostic performance of FDG PET-CT in this clinical setting. ..
- Nutritional & Behavioral Cancer Prevention in a Multiethnic PopulationGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Real-time Minimal Residual Disease assay of Pediatric B-Cell Non-Hodgkin LymphomaBruce Shiramizu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The assay developed by this exploratory proposal could be incorporated into pediatric B-cell NHL studies to assess MRD on therapy or to assess the efficacy of innovative therapies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Markers of Early Pancreatic CancerMichael Goggins; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also determine the diagnostic utility of combining the results of the markers derived from these 3 Aims. ..
- RADIATION BIOLOGY TRAINING GRANTAnn Kennedy; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is expected that graduates of the training program will continue with their research and academic careers in radiation biology and oncology. ..
- COMPARISON OF TREATMENT EFFICACY FOR PROSTATE CANCERPeter Albertsen; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- A Pharmacogenetic approach to prostate cancer susceptibilityLA CREIS KIDD; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Instability & Risk for Esophageal CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Markers of Genetic Susceptibility to Bladder CancerXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ability to rapidly screen individuals for risk, using minimally invasive procedures (blood samples), has immense clinical implication, such as intensive screening and chemopreventive interventions. ..
- The Gulf Coast MBCCOPPaul Schwarzenberger; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose to expand on this in collaboration with Dr. Conrad who will serve so- a consultant nn thic nrnnneal ..
- CONTROL OF DIFFERENTIATION OF HUMAN PROMYELOCYTESAndrew Kraft; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will further clarify mechanisms underlying differentiation towards monocytes/macrophages and should pin-point the most effective targets for therapeutic intervention in leukemia treatment. ..
- OCULAR MELANOMAPaul Finger; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- TREATMENT RESPONSE MARKERS IN ADVANCED LARYNGEAL CANCERCarol Bradford; Fiscal Year: 2000..The information acquired in this work should result in new trials that employ predictive markers to select the most appropriate and effective treatment for advanced laryngeal cancer. ..
- Molecular signatures of HNSCC in response to targeted therapiesChristine H Chung; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ultimately, we expect that the findings from this study will be translated into improved patient selection and optimized treatment benefits from EGFR inhibitors in HNSCC patients. ..
- Genetic Instability & Risk for Esophageal CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ability to rapidly screen individuals for risk, using minimally invasive procedures (blood samples), has immense clinical implication, such as intensive screening and chemopreventive interventions. ..
- GENETIC INFLUENCE ON MUTAGEN SENSITIVITY--A TWIN STUDYXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2003..Additionally, these potential biomarkers may ultimately be used to identify individuals who should be targeted for more intense screening programs or behavior modification interventions. ..
- Genetic Epidermiology of MelanomaDavid Elder; Fiscal Year: 2004..The general objectives of this proposal are: -- to maximise the epidemiological and genetic information derived from multiple-case melanoma kindreds ascertained by the Consortium in three continents ..