Genomes and Genes
Summary: Methods which attempt to express in replicable terms the extent of the neoplasm in the patient.
Publications244 found, 100 shown here
- Sorafenib in advanced hepatocellular carcinomaJosep M Llovet
Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer Group, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Centro de Investigaciones en Red de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas Hospital Clínic Barcelona, Barcelona
N Engl J Med 359:378-90. 2008..A preliminary study suggested that sorafenib, an oral multikinase inhibitor of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor, the platelet-derived growth factor receptor, and Raf may be effective in hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Pharmacogenomic predictor of sensitivity to preoperative chemotherapy with paclitaxel and fluorouracil, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide in breast cancerKenneth R Hess
Department of Biostatistics and Applied Mathematics, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230-1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4236-44. 2006..This test correctly identified all but one of the patients who achieved pCR (12 of 13 patients) and all but one of those who were predicted to have residual disease had residual cancer (27 of 28 patients)...
- Preoperative versus postoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancerRolf Sauer
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
N Engl J Med 351:1731-40. 2004..In recent years, encouraging results with preoperative radiotherapy have been reported. We compared preoperative chemoradiotherapy with postoperative chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced rectal cancer...
- Genetic reclassification of histologic grade delineates new clinical subtypes of breast cancerAnna V Ivshina
Genome Institute of Singapore, Singapore
Cancer Res 66:10292-301. 2006....
- Type, density, and location of immune cells within human colorectal tumors predict clinical outcomeJerome Galon
INSERM U 255, Paris, 75006 France Université Paris Descartes Paris 5, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, 75006 France
Science 313:1960-4. 2006..In situ analysis of tumor-infiltrating immune cells may therefore be a valuable prognostic tool in the treatment of colorectal cancer and possibly other malignancies...
- Esophageal cancerPeter C Enzinger
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 349:2241-52. 2003
- Oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin as adjuvant treatment for colon cancerThierry Andre
Hopital Tenon, Paris
N Engl J Med 350:2343-51. 2004..Oxaliplatin improves the efficacy of this combination in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. We evaluated the efficacy of treatment with FL plus oxaliplatin in the postoperative adjuvant setting...
- Radical cystectomy in the treatment of invasive bladder cancer: long-term results in 1,054 patientsJ P Stein
Department of Urology, University of Southern California, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:666-75. 2001....
- Biochemical outcome after radical prostatectomy, external beam radiation therapy, or interstitial radiation therapy for clinically localized prostate cancerA V D'Amico
Joint Center for Radiation Therapy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
JAMA 280:969-74. 1998..Interstitial radiation (implant) therapy is used to treat clinically localized adenocarcinoma of the prostate, but how it compares with other treatments is not known...
- Effector memory T cells, early metastasis, and survival in colorectal cancerFranck Pages
INSERM UNITE 255, René Descartes Faculté de Médecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Cordeliers Biomedical Research Center, University Paris 6, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 353:2654-66. 2005..The role of tumor-infiltrating immune cells in the early metastatic invasion of colorectal cancer is unknown...
- Micrometastases or isolated tumor cells and the outcome of breast cancerMaaike de Boer
Division of Medical Oncology, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 361:653-63. 2009..The association of isolated tumor cells and micrometastases in regional lymph nodes with the clinical outcome of breast cancer is unclear...
- Preoperative chemotherapy in primary operable breast cancer: results from the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer trial 10902J A van der Hage
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 19:4224-37. 2001....
- Colon cancer survival rates with the new American Joint Committee on Cancer sixth edition stagingJessica B O'Connell
Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, 10833 Le Conte Ave, Rm 72 215 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1420-5. 2004..Using nationally representative Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) data, we compared survival rates associated with colon cancer stages defined according to both AJCC systems...
- The new lung cancer staging systemFrank C Detterbeck
Thoracic Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8062, USA
Chest 136:260-71. 2009..This article reviews the recommendations of the IASLC International Staging Committee for the definitions for the TNM descriptors and the stage grouping in the new non-small cell lung cancer staging system...
- Randomized trial of laparoscopic-assisted resection of colorectal carcinoma: 3-year results of the UK MRC CLASICC Trial GroupDavid G Jayne
Academic Unit of Surgery, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 25:3061-8. 2007..Few data are available on rectal cancer, and long-term data on survival and recurrence are now required...
- Improved survival of patients with human papillomavirus-positive head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in a prospective clinical trialCarole Fakhry
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:261-9. 2008....
- Immune infiltration in human tumors: a prognostic factor that should not be ignoredF Pages
Inserm U872, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Equipe 15, Paris, France
Oncogene 29:1093-102. 2010....
- Systemic treatment of colorectal cancerBrian M Wolpin
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastroenterology 134:1296-310. 2008....
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: current management and recent advancesWan Yee Lau
Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 7:237-57. 2008..This article aims to review the current management of HCC and its recent advances...
- [Update S3-guideline "colorectal cancer" 2008]W Schmiegel
Verantwortliche Institution (Leitliniensekretariat): Medizinische Klinik, Knappschaftskrankenhaus,
Z Gastroenterol 46:799-840. 2008
- Histopathologic-based prognostic factors of colorectal cancers are associated with the state of the local immune reactionBernhard Mlecnik
Inserm U872, Integrative Cancer Immunology Team, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, 75006 Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 29:610-8. 2011....
- Parotid-sparing intensity modulated versus conventional radiotherapy in head and neck cancer (PARSPORT): a phase 3 multicentre randomised controlled trialChristopher M Nutting
Head and Neck Unit, Royal Marsden Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 12:127-36. 2011..Compared with conventional radiotherapy, intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) can reduce irradiation of the parotid glands. We assessed the hypothesis that parotid-sparing IMRT reduces the incidence of severe xerostomia...
- MicroRNA signature predicts survival and relapse in lung cancerSung Liang Yu
Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences and Medical Biotechnology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan 100, Republic of China
Cancer Cell 13:48-57. 2008..This microRNA signature is an independent predictor of the cancer relapse and survival of NSCLC patients...
- Correlation of high numbers of intratumoral FOXP3+ regulatory T cells with improved survival in germinal center-like diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, follicular lymphoma and classical Hodgkin's lymphomaAlexandar Tzankov
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Basel, Schoenbeinstr 40, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Haematologica 93:193-200. 2008..The tumor microenvironment is important for the behavior of cancer. We assessed the distribution and biological significance of FOXP3(+) regulatory T-cells (Treg) in lymphomas...
- Gastric cancer treatment guidelines in JapanToshifusa Nakajima
Cancer Institute Hospital, 1-37-1 Kamiikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 170-8455, Japan
Gastric Cancer 5:1-5. 2002....
- Axillary lymph node ratio and total number of removed lymph nodes: predictors of survival in stage I and II breast cancerB C H van der Wal
Department of Surgery, St. Lucas-Andreas Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 28:481-9. 2002..For node-positive patients, the LNR proved to be an excellent predictor for survival outcome or development of metastatic disease. Selection of lymph node-positive patients based on the LNR may guide specific adjuvant treatment choices...
- Real-time endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration in mediastinal staging of non-small cell lung cancer: how many aspirations per target lymph node station?Hee Seok Lee
Center for Lung Cancer, National Cancer Center, 809 Madu dong, Ilsan gu, Goyang, Gyeonggi, 411 764, Korea
Chest 134:368-74. 2008....
- TNM staging of foregut (neuro)endocrine tumors: a consensus proposal including a grading systemG Rindi
Dipartimento di Patologia e, Medicina di Laboratorio, Sezione di Anatomia Patologica, Universita di Parma, Via Gramsci, 14, 43100, Parma, Italy, and Department of Internal Medicine, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Virchows Arch 449:395-401. 2006..This proposal, which needs to be validated, is meant to help clinicians in the stratification, treatment, and follow-up of patients...
- Validation of gene signatures that predict the response of breast cancer to neoadjuvant chemotherapy: a substudy of the EORTC 10994/BIG 00-01 clinical trialHerve Bonnefoi
Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet Oncol 8:1071-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to confirm the validity of these gene-expression signatures in a large series of patients with oestrogen-receptor-negative breast tumours who were treated in a phase III neoadjuvant clinical trial...
- The prognostic significance of the percentage of positive/dissected axillary lymph nodes in breast cancer recurrence and survival in patients with one to three positive axillary lymph nodesPauline T Truong
British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver Island Center, Radiation Therapy Program and the University of British Columbia, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Cancer 103:2006-14. 2005..The current study evaluated the prognostic impact of the percentage of positive/dissected lymph nodes on recurrence and survival in women with one to three positive lymph nodes...
- Prognostic significance of E-cadherin-catenin complex in epithelial ovarian cancerK A Voutilainen
Department of Pathology and Forensic Medicine, University of Kuopio and Kuopio University Hospital, Finland
J Clin Pathol 59:460-7. 2006....
- Prognostic significance of tumor regression after preoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancerClaus Rodel
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Erlangen, Universitatsstr 27, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:8688-96. 2005..We assessed the impact of tumor regression grading (TRG) and its value in correlation to established prognostic factors in a cohort of rectal carcinoma patients treated by preoperative chemoradiotherapy (CRT)...
- Cancer staging and survival in colon cancer is dependent on the quality of the pathologists' specimen examinationP Jestin
The Department of Surgical Sciences, Akademiska sjukhuset, Colorectal Unit, Uppsala University, SE 751 85, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Cancer 41:2071-8. 2005..An index of metastases (IM) is a possible basis for guidance in the choice of adjuvant treatments that appears superior to that of N-stage...
- Survival rate of gastric and esophageal cancers in Ardabil province, North-West of IranFatemeh Samadi
Digestive Disease Research Center DDRC, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Arch Iran Med 10:32-7. 2007..We conducted this study to determine the present survival rate of patients with esophageal and gastric cancers before launching interventional studies...
- Increased cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression is associated with chemotherapy resistance and outcome in ovarian cancer patientsG Ferrandina
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Ann Oncol 13:1205-11. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: The assessment of COX-2 status could provide additional information in order to identify ovarian cancer patients with a poor chance of response to chemotherapy and potentially candidates for more individualised treatments...
- Positron-emission tomography and assessment of cancer therapyMalik E Juweid
Department of Radiology and the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
N Engl J Med 354:496-507. 2006
- Restaging of differentiated thyroid carcinoma by the sixth edition AJCC/UICC TNM staging system: stage migration and predictabilityBrian Lang
Division of Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong SAR, China
Ann Surg Oncol 14:1551-9. 2007..The objective of the present study was to evaluate the potential changes in cancer-specific survival (CSS) after reclassification from fifth to sixth edition TNM...
- Lymph node ratio: role in the staging of node-positive colon cancerJiping Wang
Department of Surgery, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1600-8. 2008..We hypothesize that LNR may play a similar role in stage III colon cancer...
- Preoperative staging of pelvic lymph nodes in prostate cancer by 11C-choline PETIgle J de Jong
Department of Urology and PET Center, Groningen University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 44:331-5. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the strength and accuracy of (11)C-choline PET in preoperative noninvasive staging of pelvic lymph nodes in prostate cancer...
- Node-positive adenocarcinoma of the endometrium: outcome and patterns of recurrence with and without external beam irradiationAnn H Klopp
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gynecol Oncol 115:6-11. 2009..To evaluate treatment outcomes and patterns of recurrence in patients with node-positive (International Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecology stage IIIC) adenocarcinoma of the uterus without serous or clear cell differentiation...
- Management of patients with asymptomatic colorectal cancer and synchronous irresectable metastasesM G W Scheer
Department of Surgery, Biostatistics and Health Technology Assessment, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ann Oncol 19:1829-35. 2008..Resection of the primary tumor followed by chemotherapy when possible versus systemic chemotherapy followed by resection of the primary tumor when necessary are compared in this systematic review...
- Primary gastrointestinal lymphoma in Japan: a clinicopathologic analysis of 455 patients with special reference to its time trendsShotaro Nakamura
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Cancer 97:2462-73. 2003..This study aimed to elucidate the clinicopathologic features of this disease and the influence of therapeutic modalities on the prognosis in Japanese patients..
- Serum carbonic anhydrase 9 level is associated with postoperative recurrence of conventional renal cell cancerGuorong Li
Department of Urology, North Hospital, CHU of Saint Etienne, Saint Etienne, France
J Urol 180:510-3; discussion 513-4. 2008..We explored the clinical usefulness of serum carbonic anhydrase 9 as a potential biomarker for conventional renal cell cancer...
- Methylation of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase gene is associated significantly with K-ras mutation, lymph node invasion, tumor staging, and disease free survival in patients with gastric carcinomaT J Park
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
Cancer 92:2760-8. 2001..These associations indicate a significant role of MGMT methylation during gastric carcinogenesis...
- Adjuvant 5FU plus levamisole in colonic or rectal cancer: improved survival in stage II and IIIB G Taal
Department of Gastroenterology, Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam
Br J Cancer 85:1437-43. 2001..Severe toxicity did not occur. In conclusion, one year 5FU plus levamisole was of benefit in stage II and III colonic cancer; in rectal cancer a significant positive effect could not be demonstrated...
- Prognostic significance of interleukin 6 serum levels in patients with ovarian cancerG Scambia
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Br J Cancer 71:354-6. 1995..0009). Multivariate analysis revealed that IL-6 positivity has an independent value...
- Subtyping of undifferentiated non-small cell carcinomas in bronchial biopsy specimensPeh Sun Loo
Department of Pathology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
J Thorac Oncol 5:442-7. 2010..Histochemical staining for mucin and immunohistochemical (IHC) identification of NSCLC subtype-associated markers could help predict the final subtype of resected NSCLCs diagnosed as NSCLC-NOS on preoperative bronchial biopsy samples...
- The degree and time-course assessment of radiation-induced trismus occurring after radiotherapy for nasopharyngeal cancerChon-Jong Wang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Kaoshiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 123 Ta-Pei Road, Niao-Sung Hsiang, Kaohsiung Hsien 833, Taiwan
Laryngoscope 115:1458-60. 2005..The trismus process evolved at different rates. It was rapid at 1 to 9 months after radiation therapy, then became slower and protracted over later years...
- Final results of the 94-01 French Head and Neck Oncology and Radiotherapy Group randomized trial comparing radiotherapy alone with concomitant radiochemotherapy in advanced-stage oropharynx carcinomaFabrice Denis
Clinique d Oncologie et Radiothérapie, Hopital Bretonneau, 2 Blvd Tonnelé, 37044 Tours, France
J Clin Oncol 22:69-76. 2004....
- Comprehensive miRNA profiling of surgically staged endometrial cancerDavid E Cohn
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 202:656.e1-8. 2010..We sought to determine a microRNA (miRNA) profile of surgically staged endometrial cancers...
- Gene expression in the urinary bladder: a common carcinoma in situ gene expression signature exists disregarding histopathological classificationLars Dyrskjøt
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, Aarhus N, Denmark
Cancer Res 64:4040-8. 2004..Identification of this expression signature could provide guidance for the selection of therapy and follow-up regimen in patients with early stage bladder cancer...
- Histological verification of 11C-choline-positron emission/computed tomography-positive lymph nodes in patients with biochemical failure after treatment for localized prostate cancerDavid Schilling
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Germany
BJU Int 102:446-51. 2008..To evaluate the potential of (11)C-choline-positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) for planning surgery in patients with prostate cancer and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) relapse after treatment with curative intent...
- A comparison of PAM50 intrinsic subtyping with immunohistochemistry and clinical prognostic factors in tamoxifen-treated estrogen receptor-positive breast cancerTorsten O Nielsen
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 16:5222-32. 2010....
- Outcome of primary tumor in patients with synchronous stage IV colorectal cancer receiving combination chemotherapy without surgery as initial treatmentGeorge A Poultsides
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3379-84. 2009....
- Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation for hepatocellular carcinoma. An analysis of 1000 casesRyosuke Tateishi
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer 103:1201-9. 2005..8%, 75.6%, 62.4%, 53.7%, and 38.2% for nonnaive patients, respectively. CONCLUSIONS: The authors confirmed the safety and efficacy of RFA for HCC in a large-scale series and long-term prognosis was satisfactory...
- The IASLC Lung Cancer Staging Project: proposals for the revision of the TNM stage groupings in the forthcoming (seventh) edition of the TNM Classification of malignant tumoursPeter Goldstraw
Royal Brompton Hospital, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
J Thorac Oncol 2:706-14. 2007..The recommendations of this committee for changes to the T, N, and M descriptors have been published. This report contains the proposals for the new stage groupings...
- Breast cancer subtype approximated by estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, and HER-2 is associated with local and distant recurrence after breast-conserving therapyPaul L Nguyen
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2373-8. 2008..To determine whether breast cancer subtype is associated with outcome after breast-conserving therapy (BCT) consisting of lumpectomy and radiation therapy...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for gastric cancer with S-1, an oral fluoropyrimidineShinichi Sakuramoto
Department of Surgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
N Engl J Med 357:1810-20. 2007..Advanced gastric cancer can respond to S-1, an oral fluoropyrimidine. We tested S-1 as adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with curatively resected gastric cancer...
- Cisplatin, fluorouracil, and docetaxel in unresectable head and neck cancerJan B Vermorken
Department of Medical Oncology, Universitair Ziekenhuis Antwerpen, Edegem, Belgium
N Engl J Med 357:1695-704. 2007..We compared TPF with PF as induction chemotherapy in patients with locoregionally advanced, unresectable disease...
- Response to neoadjuvant therapy and long-term survival in patients with triple-negative breast cancerCornelia Liedtke
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1275-81. 2008..In this study, we compared response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and survival between patients with TNBC and non-TNBC...
- Functional diffusion map as an early imaging biomarker for high-grade glioma: correlation with conventional radiologic response and overall survivalDaniel A Hamstra
University of Michigan, B2A209 UH 1500 East Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0030, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3387-94. 2008..Diffusion magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) using a functional diffusion map (fDM) may provide an earlier measure to predict patient survival...
- Metastasis suppressor 1 (MTSS1) demonstrates prognostic value and anti-metastatic properties in breast cancerChristian Parr
Metastasis and Angiogenesis Research Group, Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
Eur J Cancer 45:1673-83. 2009..We conclude that MTSS1 is a prognostic indicator of disease-free survival in breast cancer patients and demonstrates the ability to play a role in governing the metastatic nature of breast cancer cells...
- Stage III and IV endometrial cancer: a 20-year review of patientsF H van Wijk
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecological Diseases, subdivision Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1648-55. 2006..6%. In advanced endometrial cancer patients, positive peritoneal cytology seems an important prognostic factor in stage IIIA disease if lymph node status is unknown. Survival is improved if optimal surgical cytoreduction is achievable...
- Long-term survival in advanced ovarian carcinoma following cytoreductive surgery with standard peritonectomy proceduresA A K Tentes
Surgical Department, Didimotichon General Hospital, Didimotichon, Greece
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:490-5. 2006....
- [Treatment of squamous-cell carcinoma of the upper gum and the hard palate]N Zwetyenga
Service de Chirurgie Maxillo Faciale et Stomatologie, CHU de Bordeaux
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 107:80-5. 2006..The aim of this retrospective study was to determine a rational of treatment of squamous-cell carcinoma of the upper gum and hard palate...
- High serum concentrations of Sialyl Lewisx predict multilevel N2 disease in non-small-cell lung cancerShinjiro Mizuguchi
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Osaka City University Medical School, 1 4 3 Asahimachi, Abeno Ku, Osaka, 545 8585, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 13:1010-8. 2006..The purpose of this study was to analyze the clinical significance of serum Sialyl Lewisx (SLX) concentrations as a predictor of N2 disease in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy in elderly patients (>or=75 yr) completely resected for colon cancer stage III compared to younger patients: toxicity and prognosisSøren Astrup Jensen
Department of Oncology, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Med Oncol 23:521-31. 2006..To compare benefits and risks to adjuvant chemotherapy following complete resection of node-positive colon cancer stage III for patients aged >or=75 yr and younger...
- [Survival status of stage IV non-small cell lung cancer patients after radiotherapy--a report of 287 cases]Yong Cai
Department of Radiation Oncology, Beijing Cancer Hospital Institute, School of Oncology, Peking University, Beijing, 100036, P R China
Ai Zheng 25:1419-22. 2006..This study was to evaluate the influence of radiotherapy on the survival of stage IV NSCLC patients...
- Merkel cell carcinoma: a report of 34 cases and literature reviewA L Dancey
George Eliot Hospital, Nuneaton, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 59:1294-9. 2006..There are also limited data on biological behaviour and prognosis, with reported survival ranging from 31% at three years to 74% at five years...
- Local and regional control in patients with papillary thyroid carcinoma: specific indications of external radiotherapy and radioactive iodine according to T and N categories in AJCC 6th editionSin Ming Chow
Department of Clinical Oncology, Block R, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, 30 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Endocr Relat Cancer 13:1159-72. 2006..EXT is indicated in patients with gross postoperative disease, positive resection margins or T4 disease, N1b, or a LN size of >2 cm. LN relapse can be reduced by RAI in N0, N1a, and N1b disease...
- [Neck dissection for stage N0 oral cavity carcinoma]F Jegoux
Service d ORL et Chirurgie Maxillo faciale, CHU Pontchaillou, rue Henri Le Guillou, 35033 Rennes Cedex 9
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 123:221-6. 2006..The management of N0 neck remains controversial. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of selective neck dissection (SND) in managing N0 neck of oral cavity carcinomas...
- Impact of clinicopathological parameters in patients treated for renal cell carcinomaMarcos F Dall'oglio
Division of Urology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Urol 177:1687-91. 2007..We determined the impact of clinical and pathological factors in the outcome of patients with renal cell carcinoma treated surgically...
- Surgical management and outcome in primary adenocarcinoma of the small bowelShefali Agrawal
Department of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2263-9. 2007..Primary adenocarcinoma of the small bowel is a rare malignancy and is associated with poor survival outcome. Patient, tumor and treatment-related factors were analyzed for their association with recurrence and survival...
- Early response to platinum-based first-line chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer may predict survivalBhawna Sirohi
Lung Unit, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Surrey, United Kingdom
J Thorac Oncol 2:735-40. 2007..We examined radiographic response after two courses of platinum-based induction chemotherapy to see whether this is an early predictor of outcome...
- Pulmonary carcinoid tumours: indolent but not benignSara De Dosso
Medical Oncology Unit 2, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milano, Italy
Oncology 73:162-8. 2007..The aim of this retrospective study was to analyse the malignant behaviour of low-grade pulmonary neuroendocrine tumours (NETs) treated at our institution...
- Elevated activities of MMP-2 in the non-tumorous lung tissues of curatively resected stage I NSCLC patients are associated with tumor recurrence and a poor survivalSang Hui Kim
Cancer Research Center, Center for Clinical Research, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Seoul, Korea
J Surg Oncol 95:337-46. 2007....
- [Surgical treatment of non-small cell lung cancer with mediastinal node invasion. A retrospective study]A Arnau Obrer
Arch Bronconeumol 37:121-6. 2001..Standard, complete surgery plus induction therapy in screened patients improved survival for those diagnosed N2 by thoracotomy, with no statistically significant differences...
- The prognostic significance of intranodal isolated tumor cells and micrometastases in patients with non-small cell carcinoma of the lungAlberto M Marchevsky
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126:551-7. 2003....
- Prognosis after regional lymph node recurrence in patients with stage I-II breast carcinoma treated with breast conservation therapyEleanor E R Harris
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer 98:2144-51. 2003..The authors evaluated the risk factors for regional lymph node recurrence and the prognosis of patients with regional nodal recurrence after breast conservation therapy for Stage I-II breast carcinoma...
- Impact of microscopic extranodal tumor deposits on the outcome of patients with rectal cancerAshish Prabhudesai
Department of Colorectal Surgery, St. George's Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 46:1531-7. 2003..These tumor foci should be considered as indicators of poor prognosis...
- Synchronous overexpression of epidermal growth factor receptor and HER2-neu protein is a predictor of poor outcome in patients with stage I non-small cell lung cancerAmir Onn
Department of Thoracic, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:136-43. 2004..Then we correlated these data with patient clinical outcome...
- [Clinical analysis of relevant factors causing laryngeal cancer postoperative recurrence]Rui Guo
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi 38:300-3. 2003..To investigate the clinical relevant factors causing laryngeal cancer postoperative recurrence and analysis the reasons of treatment failure...
- Prognostic variables for cancer-related survival in node-negative colorectal carcinomasFrancesco Di Fabio
Department of Surgery, University of Brescia Medical School, Brescia, Italy
Dig Surg 21:128-33. 2004..The purpose of this study was to analyze the prognostic value of routinely detectable clinicopathological variables in order to identify subgroups of node-negative colorectal cancer patients at a high risk of a recurrence...
- Comparison between segmentectomy and larger resection of stage IA non-small cell lung carcinomaA Campione
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital Le Scotte, Siena, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 45:67-70. 2004..However, we noticed a high incidence of local recurrence, segmentectomy could be a viable choice in patients with cardiopulmonary impairment...
- Results of surgical intervention for p-stage IIIA (N2) non-small cell lung cancer: acceptable prognosis predicted by complete resection in patients with single N2 disease with primary tumor in the upper lobeMasayoshi Inoue
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Toneyama National Hospital, Toyonaka City, Osaka, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:1100-6. 2004..The objective of this study was to identify the subpopulation of patients with N2 disease who can benefit from surgical intervention...
- Prognostic significance of perineural invasion in oral and oropharyngeal carcinomaBibi Rahima
First Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Niigata University, Niigata City, Japan
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 97:423-31. 2004..109). The 5-year disease-specific survival for patients with and without PNI was 56.6% and 94.6%, respectively (P<.0001). CONCLUSION: PNI is an important predictor for outcome of patients with SCC of the oral cavity and oropharynx...
- Co-downregulation of PTEN, KAI-1, and nm23-H1 tumor/metastasis suppressor proteins in non-small cell lung cancerViktor N Goncharuk
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 8:6-16. 2004..Our study supports a role of these tumor suppressor and metastasis suppressor genes in the evolution and progression of NSCLC...
- Poor prognosis after lung resection for patients with adenosquamous carcinoma of the lungKatsuhiro Nakagawa
Department of Surgery, Osaka Prefectural Habikino Hospital, Habikino, Osaka, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1740-4. 2003..We evaluated the prognosis of adenosquamous carcinoma of the lung after lung resection in comparison with other types of carcinoma...
- [Relevant factors and management for patients with squamous carcinoma in tongue without clinical cervical lymphatic node metastasis]Guo-chu Lin
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Stomatology, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200011, China
Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 38:5-8. 2003..3) There is correlation between cervical metastasis and the stage, grade or infiltration of tongue cancer (P < 0.05). The prognosis could be expected from these factors...
- Lymph node metastases in the lower neckW Giridharan
Department of Medicine, Head and Neck Oncology Group, University of Liverpool, UK
Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci 28:221-6. 2003..Nearly half the primary tumours were below the clavicle. Survival was unaffected by laterality, primary site or histology, but was better for posterior triangle nodes...
- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma: clinical assessment and review of 176 casesM August
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 91:205-14. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Being attuned to the presenting signs of NPC may lead to a more expedient diagnosis. The differing risk factors associated with WHO 1 tumors become clear in this predominantly white population...
- Treatment of carcinoma of the parotid gland: the results of a multicenter studyA Tullio
Department of Maxillo-Facial Surgery, Hospital of Parma, Italy
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 59:263-70. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Postoperative irradiation is indicated for patients with stage III and IV disease, patients with positive excision margins, and for patients with lymph node metastases...
- Local control of piriform sinus cancer treated by radiation therapy aloneJ Itami
Department of Radiation Therapy and Oncology, International Medical Center of Japan, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Acta Oncol 36:389-92. 1997..In addition to the T-stage, other tumor factors should also be considered for predicting local control with radiation therapy...
- Overall survival and local recurrence of 406 completely resected stage IIIa-N2 non-small cell lung cancer patients: questionnaire survey of the Japan Clinical Oncology Group to plan for clinical trialsY Ichinose
National Kyushu Cancer Center, Fukuoka, Japan
Lung Cancer 34:29-36. 2001..multiple N2 stations) was found to be a useful prognostic factor, which can separate completely resected stage IIIA-N2 patients into high and low risk groups regarding both the overall survival and local recurrence...
- [Prognostic factors in epidermoid carcinoma of the mobile tongue classified as T1-T2]D Dequanter
, Institut Jules Bordet,
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 118:315-22. 2001....
- Microvessel density and p53 overexpression in young women with breast cancer: a case-control studyB Kalfon
Albert Einstein Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Oncology and Pathology, Montefiore Medical Center, 2 South, Room 47, 1825 Eastchester Road, Bronx, New York 10461-2373 USA
Clin Breast Cancer 2:67-72. 2001..We have confirmed previous reports demonstrating a worse prognosis for women younger than 40 years with invasive breast cancer but found no correlation between young age and MVD or p53 overexpression when adjusted for other variables...
- Analysis of clinicopathologic factors in malignant mixed MÃ¼llerian tumors of the uterine corpusP Inthasorn
Sydney Gynaecologic Oncology Group, Sydney Cancer Center, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Missenden Road, Camperdown NSW, Australia 2050
Int J Gynecol Cancer 12:348-53. 2002..Age, depth of myometrial invasion, and residual tumor were significant prognostic factors on univariate analysis. These factors may be a guide in order to select a group of high risk patients that may benefit from adjuvant therapy...
- Pneumonectomy vs lobectomy in the treatment of pathologic N1 NSCLC: could the type of surgical resection dictate survival?L Luzzi
Thoracic Surgery Unit, Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital of Siena, Siena, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 44:119-23. 2003..To define the prognostic significance of specific types of N1 lymph node involvement in patients operated on for stage II (N1) NSCLC and to evaluate if the extent of resection affects survival...
- Multivariate independent prognostic factors in endometrial carcinoma: a clinicopathologic study in 181 patients: 10 years experience at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Mainz UniversityE Steiner
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Int J Gynecol Cancer 13:197-203. 2003....
- Pathologic N1 non-small cell lung cancer: correlation between pattern of lymphatic spread and prognosisAlessandro Marra
Department of Thoracic Surgery and Endoscopy, Ruhrlandklinik, Essen, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 125:543-53. 2003..Patients with N1 non-small cell lung cancer represent a heterogeneous population with varying long-term survivals. Prognosis and pattern of recurrence seem to be particularly affected by the level of lymph node involvement...
- [Important prognostic significance of a sentinel-node biopsy in patients with malignant melanoma]R Keijzer
Afd Chirurgie hr dr R Keijzer, Reinier de Graaf Groep, Reinier de Graafweg 3 11, 2625 AD Delft
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 148:884-8. 2004....
Research Grants164 found, 100 shown here
- REGULATION OF PROSTATE CANCER PROGRAMMED CELL DEATHAndrew Kraft; Fiscal Year: 2001..Information gained from these studies will provide the background and animal models to examine MKP-1 or regulation of apoptosis as a target for antiprostate cancer therapy. ..
- Biology,Prevention,and Treatment of Head & Neck CancerCarol Bradford; Fiscal Year: 2006..The Workshops are of utmost importance for research progress in head and neck cancer biology, therapy and prevention and progress contributing to the public health. ..
- A Genetic Screening Policy Model for Colorectal CancerScott Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2006..The model will incorporate QOL information from Aim 2, along with family history, clinical, and screening information from the Seattle CFR. ..
- Mayo Clinic Breast Cancer SPOREJames Ingle; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Timing of Rectal Cancer Response to ChemoradiationJulio Garcia Aguilar; Fiscal Year: 2009..This information will help develop molecular assays to diagnose pathologic complete response in transrectal biopsies of the tumor bed before removing the rectum. ..
- A Pharmacogenetic approach to prostate cancer susceptibilityLA CREIS KIDD; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- CLASSIFYING PANCREATIC CANCERS BY METHYLATOR PHENOTYPESMichael Goggins; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim #4: Determine if functional DNA methylation differences exist between CIMP+ compared to CIMP- pancreatic carcinomas. ..
- Real-time Minimal Residual Disease assay of Pediatric B-Cell Non-Hodgkin LymphomaBruce Shiramizu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The assay developed by this exploratory proposal could be incorporated into pediatric B-cell NHL studies to assess MRD on therapy or to assess the efficacy of innovative therapies. ..
- Genetic Instability & Risk for Esophageal CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ability to rapidly screen individuals for risk, using minimally invasive procedures (blood samples), has immense clinical implication, such as intensive screening and chemopreventive interventions. ..
- Targeted Molecular Therapeutics for Melanoma: CCI-779 and BevacizumabCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2007..The following proposal is a clinical trial to evaluate the effects of bevacizumab and CCI-779, which interfere with vascularization and tumor growth, for the treatment of melanoma. ..
- OCULAR MELANOMAPaul Finger; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- Novel Biomarkers for Aromatase Inhibitor TherapyMatthew J Ellis; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Markers of Genetic Susceptibility to Bladder CancerXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ability to rapidly screen individuals for risk, using minimally invasive procedures (blood samples), has immense clinical implication, such as intensive screening and chemopreventive interventions. ..
- FDG PET-CT in Metastatic Prostate CancerHossein Jadvar; Fiscal Year: 2007..Rigorous statistical methods will be applied to determine the diagnostic and prognostic performance of FDG PET-CT in this clinical setting. ..
- MULTI-EPITOPE MELANOMA VACCINES FOR CD4 AND CD8 T-CELLSCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Mechanisms by which Proteasome Enhance ApoptosisAndrew Kraft; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Cancer Control Research Training in Multiethnic HawaiiGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2007..This training environment, together with the proposed Program plan, provides an ideal opportunity for quality career development for cancer control scientists in the twenty-first century. ..
- Breast and Prostate Cancer Patterns of CareRosemary Cress; Fiscal Year: 2007..What is learned about treatment quality and completeness can subsequently be used to improve the information in these registries so that they can become a resource for researchers evaluating quality of cancer care. ..
- The Gulf Coast MBCCOPPaul Schwarzenberger; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose to expand on this in collaboration with Dr. Conrad who will serve so- a consultant nn thic nrnnneal ..
- MELANOMA VACCINES USING MHC-ASSOCIATED PEPTIDESCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Multi-peptide Vaccine Administered with Cyclophosphamide for High-risk MelanomaCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- FOLATE PATHWAY POLYMORPHISMS AND PANCREATIC CANCER RISKMichael Goggins; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular epidemiology of Barretts esophagus and cancerDavid Whiteman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Epidemiologic analyses will then be performed comparing risks of exposure among the major disease groupings (RE, BE, AC), as well as for the molecular subtypes of RE, BE and AC. ..
- Biomarkers in Phototherapy of Barrett's EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..These observations can be extended to other forms of ablative therapy in future studies. ..
- Cancer Prevention by West African Medicinal PlantsMichael Wargovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have unique access to actual plants with purported anti-inflammatory activity used by actual traditional healers in West Africa. ..
- Novel Method of Surveillance in Barrett's EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..This is an innovative method by which a physician can diagnose hidden areas of cancer within patients who are at a high risk of developing esophageal cancer. ..
- Improving colonoscopic miss rate by real time microvascular blood analysisHemant Roy; Fiscal Year: 2007..This could have major importance for colon cancer prevention efforts in the United States. ..
- DNA Methylation as a Risk Factor for Cervical NeoplasiaLong Fu Xi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Data from the proposed study will not only shed light on our understanding of the role of CpG methylation in development of cervical neoplasia but also help to better design future cervical cancer control programs. ..
- Nitric oxide as a target for dietary intervention in colitisMichael Wargovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overall goal of this application is to provide the public some assurance that the dietary supplements gingko and ginseng, have the capacity to alleviate colitis. ..
- Spectral Markers for Early Detection of Colon NeoplasiaHemant Roy; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the future these spectral markers may be assayed with a 4D-ELF probe during rectal examination, thus providing a practical and accurate means of determining the optimal CRC screening regimen. ..
- Endoscopic Therapy of Early Cancer in Barretts EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Diagnostic and therapeutic techniques developed in this study can be applied to other gastrointestinal tumors. ..
- ER Reporter Genes To Predict Response To Endocrine TherapyWILLIAM SYMMANS; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Tea Modulation of Colon CarcinogenesisMichael Wargovich; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, studies examining the effect of tea polyphenols on the growth of human colon adenocarcinoma cells that have high levels of COX-2 expression will be conducted. ..
- Lymphatic Mapping and Sentinel Node ANALYSISAnton Bilchik; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposed approach may ultimately improve the selection of patients for adjuvant therapy following resection of early-stage colon cancer. ..
- A NOVEL TECHNIQUE FOR SCREENING BARRETT'S ESOSPHAGUSKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..The development of a screening device for Barrett's esophagus that could be operated by paramedical personnel would enable large-scale low cost screening to identify patients at risk for esophageal cancer. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF HPV16/18 VARIANTS IN CERVICAL NEOPLASIALong Fu Xi; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed study is likely to make important contributions to our understanding of the role of HPV 16 and 18 variants in the pathogenesis of cervical cancer. ..
- Biomarkers in Phototherapy of Barrett's EsophagusKenneth K Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide an improved understanding regarding the response of Barrett's esophagus to ablation therapy. ..
- Ultrastaging of Early Colon CancerAnton J Bilchik; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Transforming Colorectal Cancer Screening through Multimodal Spectral MarkersVadim Backman; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our approach is to develop a minimally intrusive, highly accurate pre-screen that would allow tailoring timing/intensity of screening and surveillance. ..