Genomes and Genes
Summary: Methods which attempt to express in replicable terms the extent of the neoplasm in the patient.
Publications314 found, 100 shown here
- International association for the study of lung cancer/american thoracic society/european respiratory society international multidisciplinary classification of lung adenocarcinomaWilliam D Travis
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Thorac Oncol 6:244-85. 2011....
- Final version of 2009 AJCC melanoma staging and classificationCharles M Balch
Department of Surgery, Oncology and Dermatology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 600 N Wolfe St, Osler 624, Baltimore, MD, 21287, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:6199-206. 2009..To revise the staging system for cutaneous melanoma on the basis of data from an expanded American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) Melanoma Staging Database...
- Type, density, and location of immune cells within human colorectal tumors predict clinical outcomeJerome Galon
INSERM U 255, Paris, 75006 France Université Paris Descartes Paris 5, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, 75006 France
Science 313:1960-4. 2006..In situ analysis of tumor-infiltrating immune cells may therefore be a valuable prognostic tool in the treatment of colorectal cancer and possibly other malignancies...
- Esophageal cancerPeter C Enzinger
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 349:2241-52. 2003
- Preoperative versus postoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancerRolf Sauer
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
N Engl J Med 351:1731-40. 2004..In recent years, encouraging results with preoperative radiotherapy have been reported. We compared preoperative chemoradiotherapy with postoperative chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced rectal cancer...
- The IASLC Lung Cancer Staging Project: proposals for the revision of the TNM stage groupings in the forthcoming (seventh) edition of the TNM Classification of malignant tumoursPeter Goldstraw
Royal Brompton Hospital, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
J Thorac Oncol 2:706-14. 2007..The recommendations of this committee for changes to the T, N, and M descriptors have been published. This report contains the proposals for the new stage groupings...
- Colon cancer survival rates with the new American Joint Committee on Cancer sixth edition stagingJessica B O'Connell
Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, 10833 Le Conte Ave, Rm 72 215 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1420-5. 2004..Using nationally representative Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) data, we compared survival rates associated with colon cancer stages defined according to both AJCC systems...
- Detection of elevated levels of tumour-associated microRNAs in serum of patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphomaCharles H Lawrie
Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Br J Haematol 141:672-5. 2008..05). This is the first description of circulating microRNAs and suggests that microRNAs have potential as non-invasive diagnostic markers for DLBCL and possibly other cancers...
- EAU guidelines on prostate cancer. Part 1: screening, diagnosis, and treatment of clinically localised diseaseAxel Heidenreich
Department of Urology, RWTH University Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Eur Urol 59:61-71. 2011..Our aim was to present a summary of the 2010 version of the European Association of Urology (EAU) guidelines on the screening, diagnosis, and treatment of clinically localised cancer of the prostate (PCa)...
- Oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin as adjuvant treatment for colon cancerThierry Andre
Hopital Tenon, Paris
N Engl J Med 350:2343-51. 2004..Oxaliplatin improves the efficacy of this combination in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. We evaluated the efficacy of treatment with FL plus oxaliplatin in the postoperative adjuvant setting...
- Sorafenib in advanced hepatocellular carcinomaJosep M Llovet
Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer Group, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Centro de Investigaciones en Red de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas Hospital Clínic Barcelona, Barcelona
N Engl J Med 359:378-90. 2008..A preliminary study suggested that sorafenib, an oral multikinase inhibitor of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor, the platelet-derived growth factor receptor, and Raf may be effective in hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Biochemical outcome after radical prostatectomy, external beam radiation therapy, or interstitial radiation therapy for clinically localized prostate cancerA V D'Amico
Joint Center for Radiation Therapy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
JAMA 280:969-74. 1998..Interstitial radiation (implant) therapy is used to treat clinically localized adenocarcinoma of the prostate, but how it compares with other treatments is not known...
- Response to neoadjuvant therapy and long-term survival in patients with triple-negative breast cancerCornelia Liedtke
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1275-81. 2008..In this study, we compared response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and survival between patients with TNBC and non-TNBC...
- Prognostic and predictive factors in breast cancer by immunohistochemical analysisD C Allred
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284, USA
Mod Pathol 11:155-68. 1998..In the future, these and other factors will be incorporated into a prognostic index that will better reflect the biologic diversity of breast cancer and that will more accurately predict clinical outcome...
- Effector memory T cells, early metastasis, and survival in colorectal cancerFranck Pages
INSERM UNITE 255, René Descartes Faculté de Médecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Cordeliers Biomedical Research Center, University Paris 6, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 353:2654-66. 2005..The role of tumor-infiltrating immune cells in the early metastatic invasion of colorectal cancer is unknown...
- Design and endpoints of clinical trials in hepatocellular carcinomaJosep M Llovet
HCC Translational Research Lab, Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer Group, Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic, CIBERehd, Institute for Biomedical Investigations August Pi Sunyer, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:698-711. 2008..These surrogate markers may help to enrich study populations and maximize the cost-benefit ratio of trial execution. Design and conduct of phase 3 trials should be coordinated by centers with appropriate expertise in HCC...
- Non-small cell lung cancer: epidemiology, risk factors, treatment, and survivorshipJulian R Molina
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:584-94. 2008....
- Improved survival of patients with human papillomavirus-positive head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in a prospective clinical trialCarole Fakhry
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:261-9. 2008....
- How does intensity-modulated radiotherapy versus conventional two-dimensional radiotherapy influence the treatment results in nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients?Shu Zhen Lai
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Department of Radiation Oncology, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 80:661-8. 2011..To compare the results of intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) with those of two-dimensional conventional radiotherapy (2D-CRT) in the treatment of patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- The HER-2 receptor and breast cancer: ten years of targeted anti-HER-2 therapy and personalized medicineJeffrey S Ross
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Oncologist 14:320-68. 2009....
- Improved overall survival with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin as adjuvant treatment in stage II or III colon cancer in the MOSAIC trialThierry Andre
Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, Paris 75012, France
J Clin Oncol 27:3109-16. 2009..7% at 48 months. CONCLUSION Adding oxaliplatin to LV5FU2 significantly improved 5-year DFS and 6-year OS in the adjuvant treatment of stage II or III colon cancer and should be considered after surgery for patients with stage III disease...
- Clinical and biological features associated with epidermal growth factor receptor gene mutations in lung cancersHisayuki Shigematsu
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8593, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:339-46. 2005..However, the role of such mutations in the pathogenesis of lung cancers is unclear...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for gastric cancer with S-1, an oral fluoropyrimidineShinichi Sakuramoto
Department of Surgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
N Engl J Med 357:1810-20. 2007..Advanced gastric cancer can respond to S-1, an oral fluoropyrimidine. We tested S-1 as adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with curatively resected gastric cancer...
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for inoperable early stage lung cancerRobert Timmerman
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
JAMA 303:1070-6. 2010..Patients with early stage but medically inoperable lung cancer have a poor rate of primary tumor control (30%-40%) and a high rate of mortality (3-year survival, 20%-35%) with current management...
- Prognostic factors analysis of 17,600 melanoma patients: validation of the American Joint Committee on Cancer melanoma staging systemC M Balch
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:3622-34. 2001..Thirteen cancer centers and cancer cooperative groups contributed staging and survival data from a total of 30,450 melanoma patients from their databases in order to validate this staging proposal...
- International staging system for multiple myelomaPhilip R Greipp
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group, Rochester, MN, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:3412-20. 2005..There is a need for a simple, reliable staging system for multiple myeloma that can be applied internationally for patient classification and stratification...
- The detection of differentially expressed microRNAs from the serum of ovarian cancer patients using a novel real-time PCR platformKimberly E Resnick
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Gynecol Oncol 112:55-9. 2009..To determine the utility of serum miRNAs as biomarkers for epithelial ovarian cancer...
- Experimentally derived metastasis gene expression profile predicts recurrence and death in patients with colon cancerJ Joshua Smith
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Gastroenterology 138:958-68. 2010..We used a gene expression profile derived from invasive, murine colon cancer cells that were highly metastatic in an immunocompetent mouse model to identify patients with colon cancer at risk of recurrence...
- Cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with completely resected non-small-cell lung cancerRodrigo Arriagada
Instituto de Radiomedicina, Santiago, Chile
N Engl J Med 350:351-60. 2004..On the basis of a previous meta-analysis, the International Adjuvant Lung Cancer Trial was designed to evaluate the effect of cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy on survival after complete resection of non-small-cell lung cancer...
- A prospective, randomized study comparing outcomes and toxicities of intensity-modulated radiotherapy vs. conventional two-dimensional radiotherapy for the treatment of nasopharyngeal carcinomaGang Peng
Cancer Center of Union Hospital, Wuhan, Hubei 430022, PR China
Radiother Oncol 104:286-93. 2012..To compare clinical outcomes and toxicities of two-dimensional conventional radiation therapy (2D-CRT) and intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) for the treatment of nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- Survival effect of maximal cytoreductive surgery for advanced ovarian carcinoma during the platinum era: a meta-analysisRobert E Bristow
Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287 1248, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:1248-59. 2002..To evaluate the relative effect of percent maximal cytoreductive surgery and other prognostic variables on survival among cohorts of patients with advanced-stage ovarian carcinoma treated with platinum-based chemotherapy...
- Bmi-1 is a novel molecular marker of nasopharyngeal carcinoma progression and immortalizes primary human nasopharyngeal epithelial cellsLi Bing Song
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, China
Cancer Res 66:6225-32. 2006....
- Dicer, Drosha, and outcomes in patients with ovarian cancerWilliam M Merritt
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230, USA
N Engl J Med 359:2641-50. 2008..We studied Dicer and Drosha, components of the RNA-interference machinery, in ovarian cancer...
- Five-year outcomes of a randomized phase III trial comparing adjuvant chemotherapy with S-1 versus surgery alone in stage II or III gastric cancerMitsuru Sasako
Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, 663 8501, Japan
J Clin Oncol 29:4387-93. 2011..The results were therefore opened at the recommendation of an independent data and safety monitoring committee. We report 5-year follow-up data on patients enrolled onto the ACTS-GC study...
- Pharmacogenomic predictor of sensitivity to preoperative chemotherapy with paclitaxel and fluorouracil, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide in breast cancerKenneth R Hess
Department of Biostatistics and Applied Mathematics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4236-44. 2006..We developed a multigene predictor of pathologic complete response (pCR) to preoperative weekly paclitaxel and fluorouracil-doxorubicin-cyclophosphamide (T/FAC) chemotherapy and assessed its predictive accuracy on independent cases...
- Driver mutations in TP53 are ubiquitous in high grade serous carcinoma of the ovaryAhmed Ashour Ahmed
Functional Genomics of Ovarian Cancer Laboratory, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, Robinson Way, Cambridge, CB2 0RE, UK
J Pathol 221:49-56. 2010..Because TP53 mutation is almost invariably present in HGPSC, it is not of substantial prognostic or predictive significance...
- Radical cystectomy in the treatment of invasive bladder cancer: long-term results in 1,054 patientsJ P Stein
Department of Urology, University of Southern California, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:666-75. 2001....
- The new lung cancer staging systemFrank C Detterbeck
Thoracic Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8062, USA
Chest 136:260-71. 2009..This article reviews the recommendations of the IASLC International Staging Committee for the definitions for the TNM descriptors and the stage grouping in the new non-small cell lung cancer staging system...
- MicroRNA signature predicts survival and relapse in lung cancerSung Liang Yu
Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences and Medical Biotechnology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan 100, Republic of China
Cancer Cell 13:48-57. 2008..This microRNA signature is an independent predictor of the cancer relapse and survival of NSCLC patients...
- Phase III trial of carboplatin and paclitaxel compared with cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with optimally resected stage III ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyRobert F Ozols
Medical Science Department, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3194-200. 2003..Thus, we conducted a noninferiority trial of cisplatin and paclitaxel versus carboplatin and paclitaxel in this population...
- Gene expression signature to improve prognosis prediction of stage II and III colorectal cancerRamon Salazar
Institut Català d Oncologia IDIBELL, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Av Gran Vía 199 203, Barcelona, Spain 08907
J Clin Oncol 29:17-24. 2011..This study aims to develop a robust gene expression classifier that can predict disease relapse in patients with early-stage colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Biomarkers in cancer staging, prognosis and treatment selectionJoseph A Ludwig
Genomics and Bioinformatics Group, Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 5:845-56. 2005..Understanding how and when biomarkers can be integrated into clinical care is crucial if we want to translate the promise into reality...
- Ovarian carcinoma subtypes are different diseases: implications for biomarker studiesMartin Köbel
Department of Pathology, Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre of the Prostate Research Centre, Vancouver General Hospital and British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
PLoS Med 5:e232. 2008..We examined variation in biomarker expression rates between subtypes, and how this influences correlations between biomarker expression and stage at diagnosis or prognosis...
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemiaNicholas Chiorazzi
Institute for Medical Research, North Shore LIJ Health System, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
N Engl J Med 352:804-15. 2005
- Cetuximab plus chemotherapy in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (FLEX): an open-label randomised phase III trialRobert Pirker
Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Lancet 373:1525-31. 2009..We therefore compared chemotherapy plus cetuximab with chemotherapy alone in patients with advanced EGFR-positive non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Concurrent chemotherapy and radiotherapy for organ preservation in advanced laryngeal cancerArlene A Forastiere
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
N Engl J Med 349:2091-8. 2003..The value of adding chemotherapy to radiotherapy and the optimal timing of chemotherapy are unknown...
- In situ cytotoxic and memory T cells predict outcome in patients with early-stage colorectal cancerFranck Pages
INSERM Avenir, U872, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 27:5944-51. 2009..We hypothesized that intratumoral immune reaction could influence their prognosis...
- Parotid-sparing intensity modulated versus conventional radiotherapy in head and neck cancer (PARSPORT): a phase 3 multicentre randomised controlled trialChristopher M Nutting
Head and Neck Unit, Royal Marsden Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 12:127-36. 2011..Compared with conventional radiotherapy, intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) can reduce irradiation of the parotid glands. We assessed the hypothesis that parotid-sparing IMRT reduces the incidence of severe xerostomia...
- The International Neuroblastoma Risk Group (INRG) classification system: an INRG Task Force reportSusan L Cohn
Department of Pediatrics, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:289-97. 2009..The International Neuroblastoma Risk Group (INRG) classification system was developed to establish a consensus approach for pretreatment risk stratification...
- Immune infiltration in human tumors: a prognostic factor that should not be ignoredF Pages
Inserm U872, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Equipe 15, Paris, France
Oncogene 29:1093-102. 2010....
- Long-term results of the M. D. Anderson randomized dose-escalation trial for prostate cancerDeborah A Kuban
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:67-74. 2008..To report the long-term results of a randomized radiotherapy dose escalation trial for prostate cancer...
- CpG island methylator phenotype, microsatellite instability, BRAF mutation and clinical outcome in colon cancerShuji Ogino
Center for Molecular Oncologic Pathology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115 USA
Gut 58:90-6. 2009..The independent effect of CIMP, MSI and BRAF mutation on prognosis remains uncertain...
- Diagnosis and treatment of hepatocellular carcinomaHashem B El-Serag
Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Gastroenterology 134:1752-63. 2008..In this article, we present a summary of the most recent information on screening, diagnosis, staging, and different treatment modalities of HCC, as well as our recommended management approach...
- Long-term biochemical disease-free and cancer-specific survival following anatomic radical retropubic prostatectomy. The 15-year Johns Hopkins experienceM Han
James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Urol Clin North Am 28:555-65. 2001..Excellent long-term results can be obtained with RRP for early stage disease. The proportion of men with early stage prostate cancer will continue to increase with wide use of serum PSA testing and digital rectal examination...
- Histopathologic-based prognostic factors of colorectal cancers are associated with the state of the local immune reactionBernhard Mlecnik
Inserm U872, Integrative Cancer Immunology Team, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, 75006 Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 29:610-8. 2011....
- Tumor-infiltrating FOXP3+ T regulatory cells show strong prognostic significance in colorectal cancerPaul Salama
School of Surgery and Biostatistics Unit, Cancer Trials, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, University of Western Australia, Australia
J Clin Oncol 27:186-92. 2009..To determine the prognostic significance of FOXP3(+) lymphocyte (Treg) density in colorectal cancer compared with conventional histopathologic features and with CD8(+) and CD45RO(+) lymphocyte densities...
- Maintenance pemetrexed plus best supportive care versus placebo plus best supportive care for non-small-cell lung cancer: a randomised, double-blind, phase 3 studyTudor Ciuleanu
Oncological Institute Ion Chiricuta, Cluj, Romania
Lancet 374:1432-40. 2009..We assessed pemetrexed as maintenance therapy in patients with this disease...
- Gemcitabine and cisplatin versus methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin in advanced or metastatic bladder cancer: results of a large, randomized, multinational, multicenter, phase III studyH von der Maase
Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 18:3068-77. 2000..Gemcitabine plus cisplatin (GC) and methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (MVAC) were compared in patients with locally advanced or metastatic transitional-cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urothelium...
- Randomized trial of radiotherapy versus concurrent chemoradiotherapy followed by adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with American Joint Committee on Cancer/International Union against cancer stage III and IV nasopharyngeal cancer of the endemic varietyJoseph Wee
Department of Radiation Oncology, National Cancer Center, Singapore 169610, Republic of Singapore
J Clin Oncol 23:6730-8. 2005..However, there were controversies regarding the applicability of the results to patients in endemic regions. This study aims to confirm the findings of the 00-99 Trial and its applicability to patients with endemic NPC...
- Value of mismatch repair, KRAS, and BRAF mutations in predicting recurrence and benefits from chemotherapy in colorectal cancerGordon Hutchins
Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, Leeds University, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 29:1261-70. 2011..We investigated the usefulness of defective mismatch repair (dMMR), BRAF, and KRAS mutations in predicting tumor recurrence and sensitivity to chemotherapy...
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy with or without chemotherapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma: radiation therapy oncology group phase II trial 0225Nancy Lee
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, Box 22, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3684-90. 2009..To investigate the feasibility of intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) with or without chemotherapy, and to assess toxicities, failure patterns, and survivals in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- Gefitinib in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trial--INTACT 2Roy S Herbst
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 432, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:785-94. 2004..This phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial evaluated gefitinib plus paclitaxel and carboplatin in chemotherapy-naive patients with advanced NSCLC...
- Poly(ADP)-ribose polymerase inhibition: frequent durable responses in BRCA carrier ovarian cancer correlating with platinum-free intervalPeter C Fong
Drug Development Unit, Royal Marsden National Health Service Foundation Trust, Sutton, Surrey, UK
J Clin Oncol 28:2512-9. 2010..Platinum-based chemotherapy responses correlate with HR DNA repair capacity. Olaparib is a potent, oral PARP inhibitor that is well tolerated, with antitumor activity in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers...
- Incidence proportions of brain metastases in patients diagnosed (1973 to 2001) in the Metropolitan Detroit Cancer Surveillance SystemJill S Barnholtz-Sloan
Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 110 E Warren, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:2865-72. 2004..The purpose of this study was to calculate population-based incidence proportions (IPs) of brain metastases from single primary lung, melanoma, breast, renal, or colorectal cancer...
- Pelvic radiation with concurrent chemotherapy compared with pelvic and para-aortic radiation for high-risk cervical cancerM Morris
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
N Engl J Med 340:1137-43. 1999..Patients were then to receive one or two applications of low-dose-rate intracavitary radiation, with a third cycle of chemotherapy planned for the second intracavitary procedure in the combined-therapy group...
- Gefitinib in combination with gemcitabine and cisplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trial--INTACT 1Giuseppe Giaccone
Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Department of Oncology, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 22:777-84. 2004..Gefitinib has demonstrated encouraging efficacy in advanced NSCLC in phase II trials in pretreated patients, and a phase I trial of gefitinib in combination with gemcitabine and cisplatin showed favorable tolerability...
- Stereotactic hypofractionated high-dose irradiation for stage I nonsmall cell lung carcinoma: clinical outcomes in 245 subjects in a Japanese multiinstitutional studyHiroshi Onishi
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Tamaho cho, Nakakoma gun, Japan
Cancer 101:1623-31. 2004..The authors retrospectively evaluated results from a Japanese multiinstitutional study...
- Adherence to initial adjuvant anastrozole therapy among women with early-stage breast cancerAnn H Partridge
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:556-62. 2008..Previous research evaluating adherence to tamoxifen therapy among women with early-stage breast cancer has revealed adherence estimates ranging from 25% to 96%. No previous studies have focused on adherence to adjuvant aromatase inhibitors...
- Randomized trial of laparoscopic-assisted resection of colorectal carcinoma: 3-year results of the UK MRC CLASICC Trial GroupDavid G Jayne
Academic Unit of Surgery, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 25:3061-8. 2007..Few data are available on rectal cancer, and long-term data on survival and recurrence are now required...
- Carcinoma of the corpus uteri. FIGO 26th Annual Report on the Results of Treatment in Gynecological CancerW T Creasman
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 95:S105-43. 2006
- Increase of regulatory T cells in the peripheral blood of cancer patientsAnna Maria Wolf
Institute for Biomedical Aging Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 9:606-12. 2003..Experimental tumor models in mice revealed that Tregs are potent inhibitors of an antitumor immune response. The current study was designed to determine whether cancer patients exhibit an expanded Treg pool...
- DNA mismatch repair status and colon cancer recurrence and survival in clinical trials of 5-fluorouracil-based adjuvant therapyFrank A Sinicrope
Division of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:863-75. 2011..We determined the association of MMR status with colon cancer recurrence and examined the impact of 5-fluorouracil (FU)-based adjuvant therapy on recurrence variables...
- Sequential vs. concurrent chemoradiation for stage III non-small cell lung cancer: randomized phase III trial RTOG 9410Walter J Curran
Department of Radiation Oncology and Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, 1365C Clifton Rd, NE, Ste C4104, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:1452-60. 2011..However, it is not known whether sequential or concurrent delivery of these therapies is the optimal combination strategy...
- The triple negative paradox: primary tumor chemosensitivity of breast cancer subtypesLisa A Carey
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7305, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2329-34. 2007..Gene expression analysis identifies several breast cancer subtypes. We examined the relationship of neoadjuvant chemotherapy response to outcome among these breast cancer subtypes...
- Intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in ovarian cancerDeborah K Armstrong
Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, Baltimore, USA
N Engl J Med 354:34-43. 2006..The Gynecologic Oncology Group conducted a randomized, phase 3 trial that compared intravenous paclitaxel plus cisplatin with intravenous paclitaxel plus intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with stage III ovarian cancer...
- Early discontinuation and nonadherence to adjuvant hormonal therapy in a cohort of 8,769 early-stage breast cancer patientsDawn L Hershman
Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University Medical Center, 161 Fort Washington Ave, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:4120-8. 2010..We investigated the rates and predictors of early discontinuation and nonadherence to hormonal therapy in patients enrolled in Kaiser Permanente of Northern California health system...
- Regulatory CD4(+)CD25(+) T cells in tumors from patients with early-stage non-small cell lung cancer and late-stage ovarian cancerE Y Woo
Department of Surgery, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Res 61:4766-72. 2001..These observations provide evidence for the contribution of regulatory T cells to immune dysfunction in cancer patients...
- Randomized trial of radiation therapy versus concomitant chemotherapy and radiation therapy for advanced-stage oropharynx carcinomaG Calais
G Calais, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Tours, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 91:2081-6. 1999..e., advanced oropharynx carcinoma)...
- Multivariate analysis of prognostic factors among 2,313 patients with stage III melanoma: comparison of nodal micrometastases versus macrometastasesCharles M Balch
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 600 N Wolfe St, Osler 624, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2452-9. 2010..To determine the survival rates and independent predictors of survival using a contemporary international cohort of patients with stage III melanoma...
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for early-stage non-small-cell lung carcinoma: four-year results of a prospective phase II studyAchilles J Fakiris
Department of Radiation Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 535 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:677-82. 2009..The 50-month results of a prospective Phase II trial of stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) in medically inoperable patients are reported...
- A phase III trial of surgery with or without adjunctive external pelvic radiation therapy in intermediate risk endometrial adenocarcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyHenry M Keys
Department of Radiation Oncology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Gynecol Oncol 92:744-51. 2004....
- Maintenance therapy with pemetrexed plus best supportive care versus placebo plus best supportive care after induction therapy with pemetrexed plus cisplatin for advanced non-squamous non-small-cell lung cancer (PARAMOUNT): a double-blind, phase 3, randomLuis Paz-Ares
Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla, University Hospital Virgen del Rocio, Seville, Spain
Lancet Oncol 13:247-55. 2012..The PARAMOUNT trial investigated whether continuation maintenance with pemetrexed improved progression-free survival after induction therapy with pemetrexed plus cisplatin...
- Less aggressive treatment and worse overall survival in cancer patients with diabetes: a large population based analysisLonneke V van de Poll-Franse
Comprehensive Cancer Centre South Eindhoven Cancer Registry, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 120:1986-92. 2007..In conclusion, diabetic cancer patients frequently were treated less aggressively and had a worse prognosis compared to those without diabetes...
- TNM staging of foregut (neuro)endocrine tumors: a consensus proposal including a grading systemG Rindi
Dipartimento di Patologia e, Medicina di Laboratorio, Sezione di Anatomia Patologica, Universita di Parma, Via Gramsci, 14, 43100, Parma, Italy, and Department of Internal Medicine, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Virchows Arch 449:395-401. 2006..This proposal, which needs to be validated, is meant to help clinicians in the stratification, treatment, and follow-up of patients...
- Prognostic implications of altered human epidermal growth factor receptors (HERs) in gastric carcinomas: HER2 and HER3 are predictors of poor outcomeMaria D Begnami
Department of Pathology, Hospital A C Camargo, Rua Professor Antonio Prudente 211, Liberdade, Sa Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Oncol 29:3030-6. 2011..The effect of HER3 or HER4 expression in GC has not been sufficiently studied. In this study, we explored the gene and protein expression of the HER family in GC to establish new potential prognostic factors...
- Genetic reclassification of histologic grade delineates new clinical subtypes of breast cancerAnna V Ivshina
Genome Institute of Singapore, Singapore
Cancer Res 66:10292-301. 2006....
- Influence of resection margins and treatment on survival in patients with pancreatic cancer: meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsGiovanni Butturini
Division of Surgery and Oncology, School of Cancer Studies, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, 5th Floor, UCD Bldg, Daulby St, Liverpool L69 3GA, England
Arch Surg 143:75-83; discussion 83. 2008..To assess the influence of resection margins and adjuvant chemoradiotherapy or chemotherapy on survival for patients with pancreatic cancer by meta-analysis of individual data from randomized controlled trials...
- Criteria for diagnosis, staging, risk stratification and response assessment of multiple myelomaR A Kyle
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Leukemia 23:3-9. 2009..This paper provides the current criteria for diagnosis, staging, risk stratification and response assessment of MM...
- Overall survival with cisplatin-gemcitabine and bevacizumab or placebo as first-line therapy for nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer: results from a randomised phase III trial (AVAiL)M Reck
Department of Thoracic Oncology, Krankenhaus Grosshansdorf, Grosshansdorf
Ann Oncol 21:1804-9. 2010..We report the final overall survival (OS) analysis from the phase III AVAiL trial...
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline update on chemotherapy for stage IV non-small-cell lung cancerChristopher G Azzoli
American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2318 Mill Rd, Suite 800, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:6251-66. 2009..Data are insufficient to recommend the routine third-line use of cytotoxic drugs. Data are insufficient to recommend routine use of molecular markers to select chemotherapy...
- Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (HypoFXSRT) for stage I non-small cell lung cancer: updated results of 257 patients in a Japanese multi-institutional studyHiroshi Onishi
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Yamanashi University, Shimokato, Chuo City, Yamanashi, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 2:S94-100. 2007..We retrospectively analyzed the treatment outcome of HypoFXSRT for stage I non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treated in a Japanese multi-institutional study...
- Randomized intergroup trial of cisplatin-paclitaxel versus cisplatin-cyclophosphamide in women with advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: three-year resultsM J Piccart
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer EORTC Gynecological Cancer Cooperative Group, EORTC Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:699-708. 2000..Before considering the paclitaxel-cisplatin regimen as the new "standard," a group of European and Canadian investigators planned a confirmatory phase III trial...
- Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation for hepatocellular carcinoma. An analysis of 1000 casesRyosuke Tateishi
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer 103:1201-9. 2005..Previously reported treatment efficacy and complication rates have varied considerably...
- The impact of preoperative serum C-reactive protein on the prognosis of patients with hepatocellular carcinomaKoji Hashimoto
Department of Surgery, Fukuoka City Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Cancer 103:1856-64. 2005..The authors evaluated the significance of the preoperative serum C-reactive protein (CRP) level as a prognostic indicator in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Preoperative chemotherapy in primary operable breast cancer: results from the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer trial 10902J A van der Hage
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 19:4224-37. 2001....
- Micrometastases or isolated tumor cells and the outcome of breast cancerMaaike de Boer
Division of Medical Oncology, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 361:653-63. 2009..The association of isolated tumor cells and micrometastases in regional lymph nodes with the clinical outcome of breast cancer is unclear...
- Systemic treatment of colorectal cancerBrian M Wolpin
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastroenterology 134:1296-310. 2008....
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: current management and recent advancesWan Yee Lau
Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 7:237-57. 2008..This article aims to review the current management of HCC and its recent advances...
- [Update S3-guideline "colorectal cancer" 2008]W Schmiegel
Verantwortliche Institution Leitliniensekretariat Medizinische Klinik, Knappschaftskrankenhaus, Ruhr Universität Bochum und die AWMF im Auftrag der DGVS und der DKG Koordinatoren und Mitglieder der Konferenz siehe Anlage 1 3
Z Gastroenterol 46:799-840. 2008
- Gastric cancer treatment guidelines in JapanToshifusa Nakajima
Cancer Institute Hospital, 1 37 1 Kamiikebukuro, Toshima ku, Tokyo 170 8455, Japan
Gastric Cancer 5:1-5. 2002....
- Correlation of high numbers of intratumoral FOXP3+ regulatory T cells with improved survival in germinal center-like diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, follicular lymphoma and classical Hodgkin's lymphomaAlexandar Tzankov
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Basel, Schoenbeinstr 40, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Haematologica 93:193-200. 2008..The tumor microenvironment is important for the behavior of cancer. We assessed the distribution and biological significance of FOXP3(+) regulatory T-cells (Treg) in lymphomas...
- REGULATION OF PROSTATE CANCER PROGRAMMED CELL DEATHAndrew Kraft; Fiscal Year: 2001..Information gained from these studies will provide the background and animal models to examine MKP-1 or regulation of apoptosis as a target for antiprostate cancer therapy. ..
- Biology,Prevention,and Treatment of Head & Neck CancerCarol Bradford; Fiscal Year: 2006..The Workshops are of utmost importance for research progress in head and neck cancer biology, therapy and prevention and progress contributing to the public health. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Genetic Screening Policy Model for Colorectal CancerScott Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2006..The model will incorporate QOL information from Aim 2, along with family history, clinical, and screening information from the Seattle CFR. ..
- Timing of Rectal Cancer Response to ChemoradiationJulio Garcia Aguilar; Fiscal Year: 2009..This information will help develop molecular assays to diagnose pathologic complete response in transrectal biopsies of the tumor bed before removing the rectum. ..
- VACCINES WITH MHC CLASS II-RESTRICTED MELANOMA PEPTIDESCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Correlative Studies of erbB-2/HER2 and p53 in CALGB Pro.Daniel Hayes; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- CHEMOTHERAPY DECISIONS AND OUTCOMES FOR THE ELDERLYJeanne Mandelblatt; Fiscal Year: 2005..Interventions derived from this project, hold the promise of improving the quality of care for the fastest growing segment of the breast cancer population. ..
- A Fatigue Item Bank for Children with CancerJin Shei Lai; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Bortezomib and Idarubicin in the Treatment of AMLDIANNA HOWARD; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that with this novel treatment regimen we will observe potent anti-leukemic activity and complete clinical remissions. ..
- Vitamin D Intake and Breast Cancer SurvivalMichelle Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2005..A polymorphism in VDR (FOK1) has been shown to influence breast cancer risk. We hypothesize that women homozygous for this polymorphism will have an increased risk of death from breast cancer. ..
- The replication checkpoint and genomic fidelity in skinPaul Nghiem; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- KALLIKREINS AS DIAGNOSTIC MARKERS OF OVARIAN CARCINOMAEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BLys inhibition using TACI-Fc in patients with B-bell non-Hodgkins' LymphomaStephen Ansell; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Significance of Apoptosis in Colon CancerFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Changes in Functional Status Across Therapy for Primary GliomaLee Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Promoting Adherence to Mammography Use in Chinese Ameri*Judy Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..This type of intervention will be feasible to disseminate, has broad potential reach, and holds the promise of decreasing disparities in outcomes in this understudied and growing minority population. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MULTI-EPITOPE MELANOMA PEPTIDE VACCINATION WITH GM-CSFCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Validation of Web-based Multimedia Dietary Assessment ToolsLenore Arab; Fiscal Year: 2010..Theepidemiology. The study will als contribute to our confidence in these dietary and activity assessment instruments in multiracial populations. ..
- Multi-peptide Vaccine Administered with Cyclophosphamide for High-risk MelanomaCRAIG LEE SLINGLUFF; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Human Kallikrein 4 (hK4): A New Prostatic Biomarker?Eleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, our research will contribute to the development of new prostatic biomarkers and possibly, to better diagnosis which may lead to better clinical outcomes and reduced healthcare costs. ..
- Parenteral Hydration in Advanced Cancer Patients: A Randomized Controlled TrialEduardo Bruera; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this study, we will test if giving fluid through the vein will improve the symptoms, delay confusion and prolong life in patients who are no longer to drink at the end of life. ..
- Database of Functional SNPs in Cancer-Related Environmentally Responsive GenesYong Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Findings from this study will enhance the use of SNPs in future phenotypic studies and molecular epidemiologic approaches to address questions related to gene-environment interaction in disease risk estimate. ..
- Perceived Cognitive function Item Bank for Children Who Undergo Cancer TreatmentJin Shei Lai; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- A New Biomarker for Ovarian Cancer DetectionEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..In this grant proposal, we describe further studies, which will examine in greater detail, the ability of a test for the amount of this protein in blood to correctly diagnose the presence of ovarian cancer. ..
- Aberrant Crypt Foci as a Biomarker for ChemopreventionFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Morphine versus Methadone as First Line Strong Opioid for Cancer PainEduardo Bruera; Fiscal Year: 2009..Relevance to Public Health: In this study, we will test if methadone is better than morphine in cancer pain control, quality of life, and is more cost-effective. ..
- Percutaneous Removal & Margin Ablation for Breast CancerVICKI KLIMBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of the von Hippel-Lindau ProteinPaul Corn; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- HOME BASED MODERATE EXERCISE FOR BREAST CANCER PATIENTSBernardine Pinto; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study also raises the intriguing possibility of elucidating the physiological effects of exercise on hormonal and immune mechanisms involved in breast cancer. ..
- Inflammatory Biomarkers and Colorectal Cancer RiskGong Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, this study will contribute significantly to the understanding of the role of inflammation in the etiology of CRC and to the development of new strategies for the assessment of CRC risk. ..
- Methylphenidate for Fatigue in Advanced Cancer PatientsEduardo Bruera; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Reflexology: An Intervention for Advanced Breast CancerGwen Wyatt; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, this study utilizes an improved design over existing work. It is a RCT with adequate numbers to detect group differences, and could ultimately serve as a model for rigorous investigation of other complementary therapies. ..
- Acupuncture to aid post-colectomy recovery in colorectal cancer patientsGary Deng; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase I Clinical Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsFrancis Giles; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Detection of Occult NeuroblastomaIrene Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2004..If these two molecular markers of MRD can independently predict patient outcome, they will in the future provide an objective endpoint for stopping further treatment, and serve as sensitive surrogates for evaluating adjuvant therapies. ..
- Fiber and Colorectal Adenomas: A Pooling ProjectElizabeth Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2005..If it is found that certain groups may receive greater benefit from fiber, then public health recommendations can be made which target these groups and prevent the recurrence of colorectal adenomas. ..
- Targeted Molecular Therapeutics for Melanoma: CCI-779 and BevacizumabCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2008..The following proposal is a clinical trial to evaluate the effects of bevacizumab and CCI-779, which interfere with vascularization and tumor growth, for the treatment of melanoma. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Inflammatory Markers in a 2-Year Soy Intervention among Premenopausal WomenGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2008..The statistical analysis will apply general linear models to compare the levels of inflammatory markers by soy intake, while taking into account the repeated measurement design. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MULTI-EPITOPE MELANOMA VACCINES FOR CD4 AND CD8 T-CELLSCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Real-time Minimal Residual Disease assay of Pediatric B-Cell Non-Hodgkin LymphomaBruce Shiramizu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The assay developed by this exploratory proposal could be incorporated into pediatric B-cell NHL studies to assess MRD on therapy or to assess the efficacy of innovative therapies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CLASSIFYING PANCREATIC CANCERS BY METHYLATOR PHENOTYPESMichael Goggins; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim #4: Determine if functional DNA methylation differences exist between CIMP+ compared to CIMP- pancreatic carcinomas. ..
- OCULAR MELANOMAPaul Finger; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- Mechanisms by which Proteasome Enhance ApoptosisAndrew Kraft; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- FOLATE PATHWAY POLYMORPHISMS AND PANCREATIC CANCER RISKMichael Goggins; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- A NOVEL TECHNIQUE FOR SCREENING BARRETT'S ESOSPHAGUSKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..The development of a screening device for Barrett's esophagus that could be operated by paramedical personnel would enable large-scale low cost screening to identify patients at risk for esophageal cancer. ..
- DIVERGENT CAUSAL PATHWAYS TO MELANOMA: A COMBINED ANALYSIS OF 12 CASE-CONTROL STUDavid Whiteman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Ultimately, the results of this research may contribute to better preventive strategies to reduce the number of people who die from melanoma (currently 8000 people each year in the United States). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF HPV16/18 VARIANTS IN CERVICAL NEOPLASIALong Fu Xi; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed study is likely to make important contributions to our understanding of the role of HPV 16 and 18 variants in the pathogenesis of cervical cancer. ..
- Biomarkers in Phototherapy of Barrett's EsophagusKenneth K Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide an improved understanding regarding the response of Barrett's esophagus to ablation therapy. ..
- Cancer Prevention by West African Medicinal PlantsMichael Wargovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have unique access to actual plants with purported anti-inflammatory activity used by actual traditional healers in West Africa. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Method of Surveillance in Barrett's EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is an innovative method by which a physician can diagnose hidden areas of cancer within patients who are at a high risk of developing esophageal cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular epidemiology of Barretts esophagus and cancerDavid Whiteman; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ER Reporter Genes To Predict Response To Endocrine TherapyWILLIAM SYMMANS; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nitric oxide as a target for dietary intervention in colitisMichael Wargovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overall goal of this application is to provide the public some assurance that the dietary supplements gingko and ginseng, have the capacity to alleviate colitis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DNA Methylation as a Risk Factor for Cervical NeoplasiaLong Fu Xi; Fiscal Year: 2009..Data from the proposed study will not only shed light on our understanding of the role of CpG methylation in development of cervical neoplasia but also help to better design future cervical cancer control programs. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy: An Anti-Neoplastic StrategyAndres Forero; Fiscal Year: 2006..The follow-up trial will be a phase II study to determine the efficacy of 131I-HuCC49ACH2 in resistant/refractory EOC patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Endoscopic Therapy of Early Cancer in Barretts EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Diagnostic and therapeutic techniques developed in this study can be applied to other gastrointestinal tumors. ..
- The Impact of Outcomes on Transplant Center ChoiceDavid Howard; Fiscal Year: 2004..Using these estimates, we will simulate the impact of changes in survival rates on market shares for the groups of patients mentioned above. ..
- Assessing Treatment-Related Harms in Prostate CancerH Welch; Fiscal Year: 2007..The entire process will be repeated on a cohort of men who receive a transurethral resection of the prostate. ..
- Use of Antidepressants and Risk of Breast CancerMARY ROSSING; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., SSRIs or tricyclics), and individual drugs such as fluoxetine and paroxetine. Use of the pharmacy database will provide unbiased and complete exposure data relative to previous studies based on self-reported drug use. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF SMOKING CESSATION--GENETIC INFLUENCESMARY ROSSING; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the future, such knowledge may allow the identification of subgroups of individuals who are most likely to benefit from particular pharmacologic interventions. ..
- 131 I-MIBG Escalating Dose Rapid Sequence Double Infusi*Katherine Matthay; Fiscal Year: 2004..Significance: The higher tumor-specific radiation doses possible with this protocol may provide a treatment to improve response and survival in children with resistant neuroblastoma. ..
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Lung Cancer Treatment in the ElderlyJuan Wisnivesky; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings from this project will provide information that can directly impact the care of elderly patients with NSCLC and inform the design of future trials of lung cancer treatment strategies. ..
- Colorectal Cancer Screening: Fecal Blood vs DNADavid Ahlquist; Fiscal Year: 2004..If the DNA-based test proves to have greater screening accuracy than fecal blood testing, this could translate into more effective cancer control and more efficient use of our limited health care resources. ..
- CEA BASED VACCINE THERAPY IN PATIENTS WITH ADVANCED CAJohn Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2005..So far, the applicant's experience with the first generation CEA-based vaccines has generated a great deal of excitement, and yet he anticipates even more from the newer vaccine constructs. ..
- Epidemiology of Ovarian Cancer:New HypothesesMARY ROSSING; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Benefits and Burdens of Screening Oldest-old Women: the Case of MammographyMARA SCHONBERG; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mammography Screening Decisions in the ElderlyMARA SCHONBERG; Fiscal Year: 2005..This is the first study to explore very elderly women's approach to decisions about screening mammography. ..
- Molecular Changes Associated with PCa bone metastasesKenneth Pienta; Fiscal Year: 2006..This knowledge could lead to the development of better biomarkers of disease progression as well as targets for therapy. ..
- Very-High-Frequency Ultrasound Imaging With Coded Signals and Annular ArraysJonathan Mamou; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHILDRENS CANCER GROUPKatherine Matthay; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our strong biology research laboratories in brain tumors, neuroblastoma and myeloproliferative disorders are conducting multiple biology studies in the Group and providing new information for future studies. ..